Status
Not open for further replies.
i added weapons to my cs. my only exotic is the Patience and Time sniper rifle.

My CS should be up tonight, or at least tomorrow, but I wanted to ask if there's any objection to my character having Dreadfang, the legendary Taken sword? My plan is to have her involved with the Blighted Chalice strike, in which the Guardian's fireteam kills Prince Malok and, per in-game canon, you can potentially acquire Dreadfang. Because this is a Taken weapon and unwelcomed by the Vanguard, she'd use it rarely and only rumors suggest it's actually in her possession.
If anyone had ideas to use this sword, just let me know and I'll let you have it right off :) it's not integral to Hestia's makeup (character name) but something she'd claim given the chance.

@Oryx Hestia is also fascinated with Eris Morn and considers her a friend, though the feeling isn't quite mutual. Would you'd be interested in Rigel-7 and Hestia knowing each other through Eris?
I'm not opposed at all, in fact, I welcome building pre-existing character relationships. If you'd like to go over the extent of how they know each other, send me a PM and we can work it out unless you'd rather build as we go.

Janus: "All by myselllllllllllllf..."
Hey now if you want to be friends I'm sure Rigel-7 wouldn't mind, he doesn't bite. He does punch, but I don't think he would punch Janus, maybe... Just let me know if you want to work out some pre-existing relationship since Rigel-7 has been around and awake for a REALLY long time.

I feel really bad for being lame and not posting at all lately, so I apologize for that. Still here, still very interested, and also currently working on my CS. c: What's going on, guys?

Not much, if anyone wants to have their character know argo-82 in any way lemme know. It would probably be along the lines of either getting info from him or seeing him out in the wilds since he is not that sociable.

Not much, if anyone wants to have their character know argo-82 in any way lemme know. It would probably be along the lines of either getting info from him or seeing him out in the wilds since he is not that sociable.
Is it possible that Rigel-7 and Argo-82 would know each other then? Rigel-7s ultimate goal is to find the source of the Exo and the events that caused them to become sentient which could have led him to seeking help from Argo-82 in the past. This could give them a bit more of a personal relationship in a "We both are cryptic, sentient machines who don't know why we're here would you like to help me look for answers?" way. Just an idea.

Is it possible that Rigel-7 and Argo-82 would know each other then? Rigel-7s ultimate goal is to find the source of the Exo and the events that caused them to become sentient which could have led him to seeking help from Argo-82 in the past. This could give them a bit more of a personal relationship in a "We both are cryptic, sentient machines who don't know why we're here would you like to help me look for answers?" way. Just an idea.
Thats a good point. Shoot me a pm if you want to discuss things in more detail.

@Oryx Do you think I could have Oran be apart of the King's Fall raid as well? That could be how they know one another, if you're alright with that.

@Oryx Do you think I could have Oran be apart of the King's Fall raid as well? That could be how they know one another, if you're alright with that.
Sounds good to me! Im keeping Touch of Malice though, its mine! All mine! Muahahahaha~

Sounds good to me! Im keeping Touch of Malice though, its mine! All mine! Muahahahaha~
That works for me. The evil laugh wasn't even necessary, I only wanted it a teeny bit. c:

If Rigel-7 would know half the team or so, would it make sense to have him as a possible team-leader? If he connect with a diversified people it would make sense that he can at least keep the peace. I'd also put my vote on Janus, considering his personality traits. Just some thoughts, may be too early to determine

Edit: posted my CS below. Will make it fuller and prettier tomorrow :)

Last edited:
Screenshot-Original.png Screenshot-Original (1).png
Name: Hestia Kayn

Age: Unknown (resurrected post- Battle of the Twilight Gap)

Race: Human

Class and Subclass: Warlock Sunsinger

Skills:
- Quick-witted: Able to think on the fly, Hestia is a great improviser and can grasp the basic landscape of a battlefield within seconds. This can lead to impulsive action as she's equally quick to follow through an idea but doesn't stop to relate it to others.
-Warrior-scholar: An efficient blend of arcane learning and combat. There's little out in the Wilds that she doesn't have some broad knowledge on, or cannot kill.
-Thanatonaut: Many people might have shied from death after experiencing what she did at her resurrection. Hestia embraced it. After dying multiple times in the first few hours of her life as a Guardian, Hestia sought to understand the visions she experienced and joined the thanatonauts for answers. She eventually got bored with the repetition and fruitless rewards but it broadened her knowledge of death and able to integrate it into her powers of Sol.
-Sol manipulator: Through experimentation and rare dedication, Hestia is a master sunsinger. She has tailored her Light to be more combative than support, wielding grenades with the power of scaled suns and igniting enemies with her palm. Her thanatonaut knowledge has even led her to self-resurrection: activating Radiance as she dies only to replenish her Light without the need of her Ghost. She rises at full strength but for only a fraction of time and it takes much longer for her to recover after.

Flaws:
-Impulsion: Though a quick thinker, Hestia often chooses the first solution she thinks of, or the most direct. On the battlefield, this can lead to casualties and little value for life. When on solo missions it can lead her into trouble (nothing she hasn't gotten out of), and also explains her inability to keep any close relationships.
-Devil's Advocate: A lover of debates, Hestia always questions. Wise enough to recognize there's a certain time and place for them, during combat, this leads to complete dismissal of orders and simply acting on her own without regard to her team. This causes friction between her and her superiors and annihilates her from allies.
-Boredom: She has a short attention span, always jumping from idea to idea but rarely ever seeing them. She cares little for mundane tasks (other than the upkeep of armor and weapons), is easily distracted from bounties and missions, and quick to judge whether someone is worth her time based on how interesting they appear.

Personality traits (Subject to change):
+Adventurous
+Inquisitive

~Laid back
~Absent-minded

-Detached
-Cold
-Brutally honest

Gear:
-Skull of Dire Ahamkara (Helmet)
-The Waltz (Pulse Rifle)
-Lord of Wolves (Shotgun)
-Dreadfang (Sword)

Brief History: Hestia remembers little of her memories before the Collapse, save for this: she was a scientist-turned-soldier who was involved in leading a sect of humanity away from Earth to the Asteroid Belt. Her ship became crippled while escaping; she and her crew perished before they reached the Deep Black. She was never Awoken. Instead, the first time she was resurrected- she died instantly of asphyxiation from vacuum. Hestia's Ghost, belatedly realizing there was nothing to sustain her, managed to partially repair her ancient spacesuit's circulation and create fluctuations from the ship's engines that should be picked up by Awoken patrols.

For the first hour of her new life, Hestia died five times, her suit only capable of producing enough oxygen that led to slow and painful suffocation. During these deaths she experienced visions that led her to piece together what little she knew about her past life, among others that at the time, were utter nonsense.

Eventually the Awoken discovered and rescued her- taking her as a low-security prisoner to their Queen. However, at the time the Reef Wars were at their peak and the Queen had no interest in giving resources to a new Guardian to get back to Earth. Stuck at Vestian Outpost, Hestia became fascinated by the Awoken and felt that her demise deprived her of a great re-birth. She managed to convince Mara Sov to let her fight for the Awoken and stayed with them till end, becoming instrumental to their victory. As a reward, the Queen gifted her a ship and a token that would allow her free passage in Awoken-controlled space.

Hestia kept strong her ties to the Reef as she, at last, travelled to the Tower and gained proper training as a Sunsinger. She rose quickly in reputation- more so for her brief yet numerous relationships than as a warrior-scholar (gossip includes Holliday and Petra Venj during her time exiled from the Reef, but Hestia never confirms whom she has been with). Hestia briefly joined Ikora Rey's Hidden but quit after commenting they were "nothing but Crow-wanna be's". Afterwards, she drifted between bounties and missions, taking what interested her and only becoming directly involved with events during the outbreak of the Prison of Elders and the Taken War. Though she was furious with the Vanguard's lack of response to the Awoken sacrifice, she recognized they were the only force capable of defeating Oryx. She became one of the most active Guardians near Saturn, taking missions from the City and the Reef, and joining the Guardian's fireteam to track and kill Prince Malok. She continued hunting down remaining Taken, afterwards spending a brief leave at Vestian Outpost, and has recently re-established her routine of missions and bounties.

Ghost: Hestia's Ghost is a metallic violet-blue, called Thana. Thana is incredibly shy and will almost never emerge around other people. If he does, he always hovers half behind Hestia's shoulder and his voice is reminiscent of a child's. Despite his demeanor it's believed that he and Hestia are always in constant, silent conversation.

Other:
- Hestia has high-standing reputation with the Future War Cult, Queen's Wrath, and the Cryptarchy.
-Though only mid-rank in the Crucible, she was a top contender during the Queen's clear-out of the Prison of Elders, and quite proud of it.
-Rumor suggests a long-term Awoken lover existed in Vestian Outpost, before dying in the Awoken assault on the Dreadnaught. This gives reason to her distaste at the Vanguard's response and unusual interest in the war- but Hestia herself remains dismissive of the subject.

Last edited:
Alright, I'm going to go ahead and call my sheet done. Please please please tell me if I messed anything up or need to clarify a thing, as I'm not too familiar with the in-game lore and weapons and such. Let me know if I did a bad. d:

If Rigel-7 would know half the team or so, would it make sense to have him as a possible team-leader? If he connect with a diversified people it would make sense that he can at least keep the peace. I'd also put my vote on Janus, considering his personality traits. Just some thoughts, may be too early to determine

Edit: posted my CS below. Will make it fuller and prettier tomorrow :)
I would say that since Rigel-7 is more focused on furthering his own personal mission he would not be a good team leader, I nominate Janus or Hestia since she already has distaste for the Vanguard

I would say that since Rigel-7 is more focused on furthering his own personal mission he would not be a good team leader, I nominate Janus or Hestia since she already has distaste for the Vanguard
You will definitely not want Hestia XD she's impulsive and focused more on big ideas than individuals; not very reliable. She has been known to sacrifice her team mates as distraction for a killing blow, though she has never been the cause of a permanent death.

You will definitely not want Hestia XD she's impulsive and focused more on big ideas than individuals; not very reliable. She has been known to sacrifice her team mates as distraction for a killing blow, though she has never been the cause of a permanent death.

I suppose I could take it on. Having experience as the crutch on which the team supports itself, Janus might be good with holding a new team together.

Awesome! So, seeing as we have our characters cemented (@TerribleName hope you're still with us!) how close do we feel to starting the IC thread?? I'm thinking we should work some on the Cabal threat so that way, starting off, we know where to go if things start moving too slowly. I have a preliminary idea, but please feel free to dismiss it as there's holes in it (I wanted to share now to get us moving forward but I will add to it as other solutions come to me).

Earlier we suggested starting in the middle of a conflict like a raid or mission which I like. Since we ultimately want to focus on our characters' fall from the Light, I'm thinking of starting in the middle/end of the Cabal conflict. The Cabal Emperor has arrived and claimed the whole of Mars. Their focus is now on the Moon and while Guardians have managed to stem their assault- Cabal are winning. With the strongest might of the Cabal in play, their military strength (with numbers and strategies) is proving superior and adaptable. Only the power of Guardians' Light and immortality has allowed them to hold out so far but as the Cabal are finding new ways to overcome that, Guardians have been pushed back towards Archer's Line (transmat zone in-game, first area you teleport into). The battle for this area is where I suggest to start the RP. All characters are involved as, if the Guardians lose here, the Cabal will have claimed the Moon and can now make an open assault on Earth.

At first it would appear we are holding our own- until the Cabal Emperor becomes involved. Beforehand I'd imagine he has remained behind the lines, preferring to direct his military but after the humiliating defeat of his army by the Guardians and Taken (during Destiny and TTK timelines), he wants vengeance and to make a quick example out of the Sol system. Seeing the slow progress of his army trying to claim the Moon and failing to decimate the Guardians, he's loosing patience and decides to go to the front lines to finish things swiftly. With his direct involvement things turn for the worst and ultimately force the Guardians to retreat. We would start mid-battle, just before the Emperor's appearance, and watch as their last defense on the Moon is destroyed. Our cast are the very few who manage to retreat.

(Apologies: this is where things get vague) Upon realizing the Cabal would be attacking the City, the Vanguard must remake their plans and prepare for the worst. As one possible avenue, they send a fireteam (us) to Rasputin's bunker in hopes of discovering or convincing/forcing him to give up the codes for missiles throughout the Cosmodrome, along with Warsats. There have been reports however of the Fallen House of Kings closing in on Rasputin's bunker. The Fallen on the Moon were utterly destroyed by Cabal forces and they know they are horribly outmatched. Desperate, they seek out the Warmind in hopes of succeeding where the Hive failed and control him. Therefore a fireteam is sent, to protect against confrontation with the Kings.

What I haven't been able to discern is how our fireteam would get to a point where they could talk with the Kings, or vice versa. Both groups are extremely desperate- but are also too used to shooting each other on sight. My thought line though, is if we follow this and our fireteam and the Kings broker a truce, then through their interactions they'd learn from the Fallen about the Traveler and by the end of the Cabal threat- also haven't thought that far, sorry- there's enough seeds of doubt to boost our Guardians into investigating the true nature of the Traveler and its involvement with everything.

Thoughts from everyone? If anyone has alternative ideas please share! Again, obviously, this is just preliminary and can be scrapped completely.

I like that idea a lot! Also remember that there are plenty of colony ships throughout the Cosmodrome that failed to launch either due to structural failure (Devil's Spire colony ship suffered a fuel line explosion before takeoff and never launched) or the crew being overcome by some force. I would say that it isn't too big of a stretch to use one as a missile to cull the Cabal threat on the moon. Though that idea is a bit crazy, even to me. Another thing I was thinking about is that it could be possible for the Eliksni to know the true history of the Traveler, but that would go against their goal to "reclaim the great machine." Personally I believe that the Traveler act as a vassal for the Darkness, uplifting species to make them more powerful so that the Darkness has more to feed of of. I don't really see the Darkness as an evil force at this point though, it really depends on how you use it I guess.

On the topic of the Cabal, we've slain two Primus ranked Cabal over the course of the game. Primus is said to be the equivalent of Admiral in the Cabal ranks which puts them directly below the Emperor. Rather than making the Emperor some unbelievably strong character, I'd make him notably stronger than a Primus but nothing too crazy. I think the Cabal's strength should come from their unrelenting nature and sheer numbers that they can assault with.

I like that idea a lot! Also remember that there are plenty of colony ships throughout the Cosmodrome that failed to launch either due to structural failure (Devil's Spire colony ship suffered a fuel line explosion before takeoff and never launched) or the crew being overcome by some force. I would say that it isn't too big of a stretch to use one as a missile to cull the Cabal threat on the moon. Though that idea is a bit crazy, even to me. Another thing I was thinking about is that it could be possible for the Eliksni to know the true history of the Traveler, but that would go against their goal to "reclaim the great machine." Personally I believe that the Traveler act as a vassal for the Darkness, uplifting species to make them more powerful so that the Darkness has more to feed of of. I don't really see the Darkness as an evil force at this point though, it really depends on how you use it I guess.

On the topic of the Cabal, we've slain two Primus ranked Cabal over the course of the game. Primus is said to be the equivalent of Admiral in the Cabal ranks which puts them directly below the Emperor. Rather than making the Emperor some unbelievably strong character, I'd make him notably stronger than a Primus but nothing too crazy. I think the Cabal's strength should come from their unrelenting nature and sheer numbers that they can assault with.

Okay, the Cabal managed to use a ship to crash into the Dreadnaught. I think it's PERFECTLY sane to say that the Guardians can return the favor on the Hive's behalf by crashing a colony ship into the moon. It might also provide some interaction with Dead Orbit, who would see the use of a potential ark for their flight from Earth as wasteful.

I think the Fallen wouldn't quite know the true nature of the Traveler, but would provide a bittersweet account of its place in Eliksni mythology. It did leave them to the Darkness after all, but they still want it to bring them back to their Golden Age.

While I agree that the Emperor would not nearly be on the same level as Oryx or Atheon in terms of brute force, I'd definitely caution against making him only slightly above someone like Tau'an (before being Taken, since his power was artificially enhanced by the Darkness). After all, there has to be something to make an individual the Emperor of the Cabal, and the power of the Cabal is not only their relentlessness and numbers, but also their technological superiority to enemies like the Fallen. Perhaps the Emperor is significantly larger than other Cabal, dwarfing even the Colossi, can dual-wield Heavy Slug Throwers and uses a big-ass sword when he runs out of ammo, and flies around on a hover-throne armed with rocket launchers. All of this is exaggeration of course,(pleasemakeitrealpleasemakeitreal) but even if he were so heavily armed and so massively powerful, he'd still be a comparatively weak boss by virtue of him being un-modified by the Darkness and completely mortal.

Reactions: SilentxChaos
Status
Not open for further replies.