- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:
OMG I am so sorry people for not reacting earlier. But I have been swapped with a project I had to redo for school. And suddenly this is 5/6 pages further.

Has anything important been said? Since I did globally through the replies, and I hope I didn't miss anything important!

IC :D:
Noctis the Devious updated Caster's Challenge with a new update entry:

IC Posted

Read the rest of this update entry...
On the topic of Magic and World:

what limitations/drawbacks are appropriate? My understanding is that the casters are able to cast spells they wouldn't be able to at other times because of the Dual Full Moon phenomenon. I understand that if Celia casts a giant spell she'll need to eat a horse or sleep for a day, but isn't that kinda what the GM is for - to tell us what the consequences are? In other words, how would any of the characters know what the consequences of a spell are if they've never been able to cast it before?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding things.

Also, concerning the whole "Ice magic". Ice is a state of water - shouldn't water encompass Ice and even steam? If someone wants to take "Flower Magic" or "Sand Magic" is that going to take those abilities from characters who control Nature or Earth magic? Wouldn't "Ice", "Sand", or "Flowers" be a Water, Earth, or Nature mage who specializes - or prefers that type of medium, like an artist who prefers to work with chalk or clay.

Onto the story, how is this going to work? Are we working as a team or is it everyone for themselves? When we meet the boys (or girls for those playing males), is it going to be straight up PvP?

Final question, for now, how different is the game world from our world. I know there are flying buses, but there are also handhelds and earbuds... You've made mention that this is based on a book you've written, so my real question is, how much of the setting can we add to?My GMing style isn't that strict compared to some others beside the guidelines I set out. I normally just expect my players to use their better judgment. Your spells in general are accepted, I just thought it'd make sense if it mentally strained your caster to control the rate of water. And yes, your casters can cast stronger spells, but their bodies are still young and may not be physically capable of keeping up with your magic; hence the Magic vs. Body thing. Does that make sense? Sorry, I gave a rather difficult time trying to explain my thinking process ._.;​
That's were things get tricky. Element magic is not the element iself but rather the essence of that element. Ideally nature and earth do tie into each other, but in practice they are their own realms and each realm as an independent essence. For a caster, these realms have barriers they often times cannot crossed. Yes, ice is a state of water, which is way it's tricky. As long as someone doesn't claim ice as an independent magic source you can keep your ice spells.

Ideally the girls are a team and boys are a team. In practice? That's up to you guys to figure out. Whether or not there's PvP between the boys and the girls is also up to the way you want to handle encounters

As much as you want :D Within reason of course. Think of this world existing at the same time, but with one an alternate versions of the other. Better yet, think of a fantasy story you read or watched that explains, in some way, why only humans exist today. My personal favorite is the Lord of the Rings. At the end the elves leave Middle Earth as the age of man started to take effect. But what if the elves didn't leave or the dragons didn't die? That's pretty much what I'm trying to pull off world wise. I only used my story as a foundation to build this on, I don't expect it to be mirrored :P

If you some examples of what exists: I described Raina wearing a band shirt under her flannel, but if you look at my drawing of her (I decided to draw her an actual profile pic for a better idea of her appearance), the shirt she's wearing sports a design you may not recognized but your character might. Another example, The Mernsicle's character carries with her a Pair Phone. Something we can't identify but our characters can. If you look at the characters in general, they all add something to this world :) I personally adore that as a GM.​
On the topic of Romance:
While I'm all for balancing gender ratios for plot reasons. I'm also trying to work out if we'll end up with the inevitable love triangle with one player sitting out. and while the character may not care (and I as a player wouldn't) it gets very frustrating when 2 players are trying to catch they eye of the same character and the fourth player is like 'well the fuck do I do now.' and with the number of straight, gay, and in-between characters I think (emphesis on think, I havn't done maths yet) we're close enough to optimum. And before someone says 'yeah but you don't always have to have romance' I agree, but if we go back to my love triangle example if there was a fifth player, no matter what was going on there would always be a character to interact with, even if the 3 in the love triangle were off doing some romancy 'who gets the girl' shebang.
Since we are expecting 8 of each, I had decided to check to see how many we people we can see if they will fall in love or not and did a count to see if the love triangle theory would work, minus the reserved one and the open one because one hasn't been put up yet and another hasn't been chosen, and this is what I have:

5 straight, though one had a question mark at the end of it
4 pansexuals
1 homosexual
2 bisexuals
1 asexual
1 demisexual

So taking all those into account, maybe there is enough to do at least 2 love triangles, maybe 3 since we are expecting to cut off at 16 characters all together if the boss wants to cut us off there... dear God I need a life...
I thought about that but then took the lazy route and decided I'd let you guys figure out that mess o.o' Sorry, as much as I love romance I'm terrible at it, and it will always come second to the plot in my roleplays. In this case, I needed genders to be even because, for the most part, girls and guys will be within their own groups [or at least that's how it's planned -- depends on how this plays out honestly] and I didn't want either to be left out of interaction. But if we do have two characters pinning after one and another pinning after one of the two pinning after one, but that one is uninterested in either of them or pinning after another? Well that's why there's a drama tag xD Things that don't go over smoothly or as planned just makes for better story material :)

Wicked, I know but I have issues and my formatting needs to look neat and pretty >.< If someone tells me this is needed or it's apparent that it's needed I'll work it in, but if I think it's needed I find a way to work around it instead >.>'
The question mark was a bi joke.
and while thats all fine, how meany are male and how meany are female. because if we have 4 streight guys and all the gay/bi are girls then we are fine (because then someone will always have someone else to roleplay with). but yeah.

yeah. that works. because someone always has someone else to roleplay with, but what happens if there's someone in that mix who ISN'T pineing after anyone and they're all posting lovey dovey shit and that player is sitting there like 'well fuck, I could drop this roleplay and nothing will change.' You start losing players right? Its just a observation, because some characters are probably NOT going to just go 'oooh chicks, lets flirt' I know Lux is one of them.
EddiEddi, if they're in this for the romance then they'll be disappointed? I might be the GM but I've ran enough games to know you can't control everything. But if characters become too lovedovey that they ignore the story or whatever else is going on around them then that's when I step in. Sorry but that's a no-no. Flitrting is fine, romancing is fine, just make it apart of the story and not the story. Does that make sense?

EDIT: This may sound directed at you but that's not my intent >.<

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=transparent]Name:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby Kyle Newton[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Age:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]November 17th[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]18[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Grade:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Senior[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sex:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Gender:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Male[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Sexual Orientation:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Bisexual[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Appearance:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby is a full-figured boy. He has a round face and a small nose, his lips are thin but relaxed and his eyes are hooded and a memorizing green, in the right light they can look gold flecked. Upon Toby's head sits a set of deep brown hair with an angular fringe, it often looks untamed and messy, His skin is tanned and under the right light it looks almost gold. Toby is rather tall and stands at a height of 5'9" with room to still grow.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Apparel:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]You can often find Toby in a Plaid shirt long or short sleeve, Light brown work boots,and Jeans. occasionally he'll have a black sweatshirt on with a purple bat on the front of it. His hair is never tame unless its a fancy event. If he is in need of athletic wear he'll be found in a borrowed pair of shorts and no shirt, and he has silver and red accent Kex's (The Equivalency of Jays in our world). Toby has at least 5 different suits in all different colors because he loves to be invited to fancy events or inviting others. Toby has never really had a thing for bags but for the Casters challenge he's talked to his headmaster and has gotten a Green Handkerchief. This handkerchief is enchanted so that the anything wrapped in it will become pocket sided until the cloth is open again, he uses it for a stuck bundle, following contents in his cloth is -[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]1 Pocket Knife[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]"Famin's Deathmatch" by Suzzie Kollins (Our Hunger Games)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Two pairs of extra clothing -Everyday wear-[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]1 Compass[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]1 Pair Phone 5s[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]herbs for 1 health potion and 3 mana potions[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent](I don't wanna copy right so instead of Apple Products Imma say Pair)[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Element:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Dark[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Familiar:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby has a Black Panther for a Familiar[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Her name is Raz.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Raz is almost like a black hole, although she's made from the absence of light she still can be seen.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
13c29aa0a5853c935280fd24dd73c938.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby has a strength in:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Mentally thinking and solving puzzles[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reading[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Book smarts[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Writing[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Drama[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby has a few Weaknesses such as:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby isn't very strong physically[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby when tired doesn't use logic[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby can't draw to save his life[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby has a difficult time talking to girls[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Ambitions:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby takes a liking to:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Animals[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Technology[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Musical Theater[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Adventure[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Movies[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Reading[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby has strong dislikings for:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Coffee[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fan Fiction[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Ear buds (Headsets are fine)[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Being proven wrong[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Other:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby has is Manic Bipolar.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Toby has a 500 mana level, with her Familiar it's 900.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Personal Spells:[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]*Note: All %'s are out of 100*[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Blackout - Cost 300 Mana - Blackout shields the eyes one opponent he's fighting and makes them blind for one minute, either to make an attack or to defend a block during the blue moon phenomenon and having his familiar out he's able to hold it for 2 minutes if he really needs to but it strains his body a lot.[/BCOLOR]​

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for having him up so late, I have to go get ready for football but I'll reply after >.<

One thing, switch the cloth for something else unless your trying to describe a stick bundle:
rossho_hobostick_feb_07.jpg

That would be funny x)

@Noctis the Devious Okay hey yo, I fixed Lou up, tweaked some things here and there such as some of the already existing spells, added one more personal spell, re-wrote likes and dislikes because I done did fucked up last time and accidentally deleted all of them, added couple of new pics, changed theme song, added some gear as requested... I think that's about it. My recommendation would be to basically re-read the whole thing just so you won't miss anything you might want to get edited. Let me know if you want me to write more stuff. Also regarding the familiar, thanks for letting me not to have one because I don't really care for animal companions that much and end up kind of ignoring their existence so they're wasted on me. However, if you change your mind, I can add one up. I didn't the first time because I was tired and lazy and didn't feel like searching for one.

If you give me the green light, I'll venture to post IC ASAP.

• Love
Reactions: Sailor Arti
Looks good to me :) Go ahead and post ^.^

• Thank You
Reactions: Wicked
One thing, switch the cloth for something else unless your trying to describe a stick bundle:
rossho_hobostick_feb_07.jpg

That would be funny x)
Would it be okay if the cloth still had the enchantment to make the items inside smaller and not the cloth? so he could have a stick bundle?

Oh so much have happened during my absence ;_; Ah let me speak up about the romance thing as well :3

I have been there where I felt left out, not because I didn't do romance, but because romance was not my first intention at that moment (and it was also not the main purpose of that RP) while rest of the players were after the romance :') So, at the end of the day, everyone already had someone to go after, while my character curled up at the corner alone wondering if she was at the wrong RP and things :'D

I'm okay with romance, but not a sucker unfortunately. I can't say I'm good with romance neither I'm bad at it... I just won't pursue romance exaggeratedly unless the RP has romance as its base foundation, but I will do romance to spice up the RP~ ^^

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
First, I shall do Sorrell's thought's on everyone. I will be mindful that not everyone has posted yet, so I am only going to do this based off the character sheets as well as adding that there will be more interactions needed for this to be considered permanent and may change as the rp continues. So please do not hate me for this.

Let's start with the girls first:

Raina Summers - she seems like a competitive girl and may prove to be a bit of a challenge. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Inanimado Avliden - this is someone whom he will respect for her brain power and level headedness. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Corinna Maria Ashton - she is someone who he may try to become friends with and would also respect. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Aharand Priene - she is someone whom he would not get along with, as he would find her rude and egotistical. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Celia Drake - she would be one of the few girls he would find attractive and would have pined after if he ever liked girls. May even see her as a friend. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Zelda Fenrir - would be at odds with her do to their contrasting personalities but would develop some respect for her. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Dakota Olivia Snow - he would find her completely and utterly adorable, and would hope that her ambitions are met with success... though he would never say that with others around. Need some interactions to make a full diagnosis.

Marion Estelle Martin - he would be a bit worried about her bipolar nature and would freak at her sweating but would let her do her own thing. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis. (hey Mern, are you a doctor who fan as well?)

Now for the men:

Trent Brooks - finds him attractive and fun to be around, though he worries about the tonics he makes. Need more interactions to make full diagnosis.

Malachai Dwin'anea - another attractive male that Sorrell would have pined after but decided against it. Finds him very regal in both appearance and personality. Need more interactions to make full diagnosis.

Lux Aeternia - someone he would definitely get along with and would find to be very powerful. He would also support Lux in his ambitions. Need more interactions to make full diagnosis.

Grayson Matthew Heyes - someone he would see as a friend and possibly someone whom he would try to cuddle attack, even though Grayson may not trust him. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Louis Loki Maddox - this would be the person whom would catch Sorrell's attention and would pine after him, but probably won't tell because of what he calls his "stupid tongue", something that makes him unable to communicate correctly with someone whom he has a crush on. Need some interactions to make full diagnosis.

Toby Kyle Newton - he would find this character to be rather nice and pleasant to be around, though his bipolar tendencies would scare him if they came out of now where. Needs some interactions to make full diagnosis.

There. Please be kind to me. Will add more as this goes on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, now.

That escalated quickly. I haven't even yet posted IC and Lou already has someone who is crushing on him? This must be some kind of record. I'm honored, tho! Also kinda hella amused, but eh. I'll take it!

As per usual, my characters are romantically rather dense and develop feelings very slowly to others, if at all, so don't get disappointed though if nothing happens. This could be fun, though. At least for me. For you and Sorrell? Get ready to groan in frustration. A lot. Lou isn't good at all picking up the signs when someone is interested in him, so that might take awhile...

Regarding how Lou would see Sorrell, I think he just sees the guy as his cute, soft spoken junior who is really nice but doesn't think too much on it. If you're fair towards Lou, he is fair towards you and he won't be causing you too much problems, at least intentionally.

It's okay. This will provide a good challenge and I won't be disappointed if nothing happens. I can't wait to see how everything goes.

Reactions: Wicked
Yep! Aharand won't get along with most of the boys I guess, since she will try to take them down and make them fall under her control XD @Cybermoon
BUT it doesn't mean she can't develop feeling toward them, she never had but maybe she will, who knows~

Out of curiousity: what do you guys expect from this roleplay?

Battle, competition, action, epic fight! I don't know, I think this RP is leaning toward the war between genders *shrug*

Awwww! Sorrell finds Livi adorable?! That makes me happy! Honestly, kind of at a loss for words I was taken by surprise lol xD As for Livi, she would probably think Sorrell is a big softie, and in a good way. She would probably find him easier to talk to rather than some others. >_> XDD And who doesn't like being around nice people? I think they could get along well. xDD
Out of curiousity: what do you guys expect from this roleplay?
Well, I expected an action role play so I'm sure I'll get that. Other than that I'm ready for anything to happen. As my friend told me, I should just dive into the unknown (even tho I can swim lol xDDD) and though that's quite terrifying it's really exciting as well.

Shout out to me, thank you very much. So just chillax. It'll be alright. Improvise and stuff. I personally like when I'm given freedom to be creative as heck.
Hush! No one was supposed to know you were my friend! Gosh! Lol jk xD We'll see, you've spoiled me so :3 I'm pumped regardless xDDDDD

Status
Not open for further replies.