- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:
Name: Zelda Fenrir
→ Age: 19
→ Grade: Senior
→ Sex: Female
→ Gender: Female
→ Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
→ Appearance:
vocaloid-aki-miku-hatsune-miku.3d6b9e4bb118723a8fc9b0447f02142b-14390.jpg
she is a tall girl of 5'11" without her boots and very curvy and busty. Her hair goes to her butt when up in her usual pigtails and close to mid thigh when down. She is brash and loud and will get into a person's space without their consent. But she does have a code of honor and will not be afraid to smack someone if she sees that they are trying underhanded tactics.

→ Apparel: Zelda wears a sleeveless shirt that shows off her cleavage in the middle, black arm warmers that stop at her wrists, a pleated black skirt, black socks and tan ankle boots. She carries a re-curve bow with a red jewel as it's sights and a quiver full of arrows on her back. She also has a bag that carries the following items:

5 healing potions
1 large first aid kit
Several items to make her arrows
A bow repair kit
Food rations
4 flasks of water

Element: Fire!!!
→ Familiar:
1429031767_Fire%20Snake__Jader.png
A fire snake named Loki

→ Strengths: Her confidence, her strength, her hunter's spirit
→ Weakness: cannot follows certain rules, secretly a sensitive romantic
→ Ambitions: To prove that she is a powerful fire caster.
→ Likes: Hunting, making more arrows, meditating, training
→ Dislikes: being proven wrong, water
→ Other:

→ Personal Spells:
Fire Arrow – This allows her to encase one of her arrows in fire and shoots it, setting fire to her target.
Purification flame – used only against any sort of spirit enemies.
Fire breath – Zelda can use this for short bursts at a time.

Last edited by a moderator:
One thing: you should either reduce the amount of potions you're carrying preferably by half, or make them weaker potions. I'm also not entirely sure about allowing two foxes. Other than that looks good ^.^

Last edited:
never mind. I figured out who had the fox. Will find another familiar.

I'm at Drama, but I'm not on Stage RN, I have my Female sheet done I'll have my Male done Tomorrow

Name:
Marion Estelle Martin

17 or 18 (Depending on the date)

Grade:
Senior

Sex:
Female

Sexual Orientation:
Bisexual

Appearance:
(I'm bad at describing her so…)

anime-girl-with-short-brown-hair-smiling-photograph-12.jpg

Apparel:
You can often find Marion in a T-shirt, Blue high top converse,and Jeans her hair remains down unless she has a reason for it to be up. If she needs to be in athletic wear she'll be found in a black two inch tank top and Silver shorts and the bottom left of them have the school name on it, and Black with Lime Green accents running shoes. Marion has little formal wear, it's mostly dress pants, shirts and ties but she does own one nice dress and one floor length skirt. No matter the outfit she wears she'll have a Camo. bag on her, it was enchanted by someone else with the spell called TARDIS and given to her as a birthday present, TARDIS makes it bigger on the inside than the outside, in it she has the following contents -
2 bottles of Mana Restoration..
Herbs to make healing potions (She's working on her alchemy).
3 changes of Clothing (1 Normal, 1 Athletic, 1 Formal).
3 plastic water bottles, two are empty, one half full.
12 Granola bars.
1 Eos chap stick
and 1 Pair phone 4c

(I don't wanna copy right so instead of Apple Products Imma say Pair)

Element:
Physical

Familiar:
Marion has a Familiar named Adira
The name Adira means Mighty; Strong
Her Familiar is a Lion, made of pure energy.

3d-fire-lion-1920x1200.jpg

Marion has a strength in:
remembering Names well
Showing her confidence when it counts
Being Independent
Controlling her emotions (Is Bipolar)

Marion has a few Weaknesses such as:
When she has a "Depression attack" she often cries a lot and hides away.
Cooking was never Marion's thing.
Marion's never really had a sense of humor herself but she often laughs at even the stupidest of jokes or bad puns.
Marion, depending on the content, is a slow reader.

Ambitions:
Marion want's to create herself a household name, because she's come from such a poor background she tries to set herself up for success.

Marion just likes the feeling of winning, she doesn't care if she rubs it to make herself feel better.

Marion takes a liking to:
Dogs
Sleep
The Weight Room
Football (Contact)
Drawing
Writing
Reading
Coffee
Candy

Marion has strong dislikings for:
Arrogance (In other)
Incompetence
Cold Tea
Squash
Pictures of her being taken without rhyme or reason

Other:
Marion is Bipolar.
Marion has a 500 mana level, with her Familiar it's 900.
Although the form I made, makes it seem like Marion sweats a lot, she doesn't sweat for no reason she sweats because she often works out and plays Football, so her body starts to sweat before her activity begins so the heat that she'll gain from her activity is able to enter and cycle through her body without a problem.

Personal Spells:
*Note: All %'s are out of 100*
Effortless - Cost 500 Mana - Marion can enhance her entire body at once to make her attacks 80% more effective but it decreases her accuracy level from 93% to 74%. - Marion can only perform this Spell when her Familiar is out, and it's a theirs a 30% chance that she'll perform the spell and have it be in effective on her because of her little practice with the spell.

Shroud - Cost 100 Mana - Marion can make her sweat move to a part of her body she can't block with her arms because the water slows the weapon down a little so that the pain is bearable to her but she still takes damage just not as much, depending on the attack depends on how much she blocks.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
2wdbx54.jpg

Pendulum - Showdown

divider4.png

· L [[glow=red]o[/glow]] u i s · L o k [[glow=red]i[/glow]] · M a d d o [[glow=red]x[/glow]] ·
[ The Physical Caster ]

· Nicknames ·
[glow=red]"Lou"[/glow] - A casual nickname.
[glow=red]"Lou-Lou"[/glow] - A pet name that will earn you a nasty glare.
[glow=red]"Mad Dog"[/glow] - Because of his bad temper, he tends to fight like a bloodthirsty, rabid canine. It also rhymes well with his last name, which is why it kind of stuck over the years.
[glow=red]"Mr. I Don't Give A Fuck"[/glow] - A name well earned to emphasize just how little he cares about your opinion.

divider4.png

[ Back to Basics [glow=red]![/glow] ]
Breaking it down

Date of Birth: April 7th​
Zodiac: Aries ♈
Chinese Zodiac: Horse 馬
Blood Type: AB
MBTI Type: ISTP
Grade: Senior
Familiar: None
Race: White West-European
Sex: Male ♂
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual ⚥
Attracts to: Strong and altruistic personalities
Preferences: Red or dark haired girls with pale complexion and blue or green eyes, tall and dark haired males with a nice tan and brown eyes. Freckles and dimples on both genders.
Power: Physical
How it works: Louis draws energy with his magic into his own body, which may amplify the senses of his choosing or numb them. He may also use the energy to give him superhuman strength or speed in short bursts -- however, none of them at the same time. He may also use this magical energy to morph his appearance or the appearance of small objects for short periods of time.
Drawbacks: As magic, Physical is a strong power. Unfortunately strong powers come also with strong drawbacks. Ironically, this is physical pain for Louis. The stronger the spell, the more in agony he will be in afterwards. Throbbing headaches, sore muscles, quivering bones, strain in joints, weakened senses such as sight, fatigue, hunger... Sometimes even more dramatic; bruises appearing around his body, nose bleeds, coughing up blood, or even ears or eyes bleeding, and sometimes, fainting. The healing process may take hours to days, and he requires a lot of sleep and food to keep himself going. His power is just as much a gift as it is a curse.
Limitations: Time and lack of stamina are his enemies. Lou's power comes in short strong bursts, and they do not last long, and the drawbacks claim him within minutes, sometimes immediately. Everything he casts comes with a heavy price, and carelessness may even get him killed. Pain is a constant companion in Lou's life.
Tactic: Aggressive and merciless. Lou prefers to keep the conflicts short, because if he does not, he will lose by default when his drawbacks catch him. He does not care about the gender, age or size of his opponent; everyone is equally his prey during a fight, and he is out there for your blood. You may bet your ass he is not afraid to strike a girl just as easily as he may punch a boy. You try to fuck him up and you get what is coming for you. Now that is some gender equality right there.
divider4.png

[ Who is This Guy [glow=red]?[/glow] ]
Know thy enemy

Strengths: Willpower, determination, durability, ferocious and ambitious nature. Like his middle name that comes from the Norse trickster god, he can be very cunning and clever. His mind is sharp and fast, and Lou can be very impulsive and spontaneous during a fight. He is very honest and straightforward personality, and has courage to be very much himself and not give a flying fuck about what others may think of him. However, he also knows when to shut up. His sense of humor is dry and subtle, and very, very sarcastic which shows through his witty commentary and sardonic retorts that he delivers without missing a beat. Also, puns.
Weaknesses: Arrogance, stubbornness, pride and short explosive temper. During an argument Lou may keep arguing his case even if he acknowledges that he is in the wrong -- he just does not want to admit it, in fear of looking like a total fool. He strongly dislikes admitting his mistakes, and is not good at apologizing. His honesty can be very brutal, and he may appear as crass and almost brutish, even if Lou may not mean any actual harm. His bluntness may come off as rude, and he often wonders why people say honesty is good but get offended when you offer it. He may also be easily flustered, jealous and possessive. Oh yeah, and also, puns.
Ambitions: Lou likes to stand on top, to be in control and dominant. He is a natural leader type and his strong presence and logical, realistic personality draws followers to him, as he is seen as reliable in times of trouble, which he is. Louis has bit of a subconscious alpha male complex and he runs strongly on testosterone. He does not exactly see girls as the weaker gender, as he regards others equally as people no matter their physical gender, but he does regard the more feminine ones as silly and waste of his time. Lou does not really understand girls too well, especially the very feminine ones, which is why he tends to regard them more like an extraterrestrial life form. His strong masculinity tends to clash a lot with the girls stereotypical femininity, and he butts heads often with the more sensitive girl casters who cannot handle his brutal honesty and find him rude. The too easily scared, sensitive and easily offended ones really tick him off, which is why Lou has the tendency to judge all girls as such until proven otherwise. He wants to show the Rosewood girls that the Evergreen boys can be just as good casters, or even better than them. Well, mostly even better, let's be honest. Lou has bit of an superior complex, too. What can he say for his defense? He is just stronger, faster, better. And another one bites the dust, until he finds his match and he is forced to humble down a bit. Bit of a reality check would not do bad for the boy.
divider4.png

[ Tell Me More [glow=red]![/glow] ]
No turning back

Likes: Coffee black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love; strong black coffee with four spoonfuls of sugar. Photography; Lou enjoys taking photos of people, objects and views. Sarcastic sense of humor, sexual innuendos and casual, friendly banter. Clever people who can challenge Lou in his own game of witty retorts and maybe even beat him in it; that is kind of a turn on for him. Sports, and his latest interest, kickboxing that he picked up couple of years ago. Feline and lupine creatures, and familiars overall -- somehow Lou just never really came across with one of his own.
Dislikes: Milk in any shape and form. Being in front of the camera lens instead of behind it; Lou becomes very awkward when he knows someone is taking his picture. Tacky toilet humor. Slow people who take forever to pick up on things, as Lou is not the most patient person and he really hates repeating himself. People who are hyper sensitive and overreact over the smallest things. All in all, he does not work well with anything that he regards as stupid or waste of his time. And for some reason, horses have always seemed to be really despiseable kind of creatures.
Other: Lou is physically very capable, and has a keen interest in sports that keep him in shape, from football to swimming. Athletic and artistic, he also enjoys music and dancing, and does the latter far better than the former. He is also interested in taking part of all kinds of extreme sports from mountain climbing to bungee jumping. He also likes the idea of travelling with just a rucksack, venturing in the nature of foreign countries and capturing moments with his camera. Despite appearing almost overly confident, Lou actually has a lot of insecurities about himself -- just do not tell anyone. He has an interesting relationship with his own personal magic, which evokes just as much fear in him as it does respect. Lou is aware that his magic can help him to achieve great things, but it can also easily get him killed in the process, so navigating its use is a bit complicated and demands a very calculative and tactical mind. Just because Lou can endure the pain of the drawbacks well, it does not mean that he likes it, which is why you never see Lou using his powers for something completely meaningless to him on a personal level. Due to his Give-No-Fucks attitude, Lou has learned that he does not need to impress anyone deliberately. If someone likes him, cool. If someone does not, then that is cool too. It is not like he is cold and heartless, he just has very little time and interest towards haters, and he has noticed that the less he cares, the more happier he is. This is why Lou drops negative people out of his radar rather fast. Toxic people will learn quickly to their disappointment that they have very little effect on Lou. Romance wise, he is very inexperienced. He may be a bit playfully flirtatious, but when he realizes someone is really flirting back, it may throw him off a bit that someone would be actually interested in him. Lou takes time to warm up to people, as he is bit of an introvert and social retard, and romance is bit of a puzzle to him that he is not quite sure how to approach from the right angle. His love life has been this far pretty nonexistent, give or take few crushes back in the day that never leaded to anything.

divider4.png

[ Wait, So What Can He Do [glow=red]?[/glow] ]
Oh, he flirts with death

Personal Spells

Alpha Dominance: Lou can magically enforce his body to emit stronger pheromones. This will waft a muskier scent, like the fur of a wolf, that plays a very psychological part in the target. The pheromones will strike fear, making Lou appear more intimidating, a stronger opponent that makes you want to bow down your head in submission in his presence and follow his orders under fearful respect. Targets with stronger willpower or great courage (or arrogance that equals Lou's own) will be able to fight off the pheromones, but will still approach him with more caution than before.
Drawback: Bruises will eventually appear on his skin, mostly concentrating around his mid-torso. Muscle soreness and headache will follow not too far behind. Can keep up this spell only fifteen minutes at most.
The Ghoul: Lou has learned to modify his body to become his weapon under the needed circumstances. He can morph his teeth sharp and jaw stronger, so that his bite will equal a skull crushing jaguar, and his nails turn into nasty looking claws that can make your face look like it has been through a cheese grater. To complete this look and to strike fear, Lou prefers to darken his skin into ashen, sickly grey with chalk white skull shaped marking on his face. Now, let us not forget the freakish, completely insect-like black eyes that are missing the pupils and whites of his eyes, that seem to stare right into your soul, ready to give you hell. You think that is scary? Add to the mixture how he modifies his own vocal cords that distorts his human voice into deep rumbling beast growls. Lou quickly makes horror movie effects pale in comparison.
Drawback: Time is the biggest competitor here. In this form Lou is dangerous and appears beast-like, but his mind is still very much human, and as he aggressively focuses attacking, he also needs to keep track of time. Twenty minutes is his very maximum limit, and by the end of that he has been coughing up blood with ragged breathing and blood clogging up in his throat and lungs. Carelessness and losing the track of time may get him eventually fatigued so badly that he will be knocked out cold, or even dead. Deep muscle pains and soreness that will affect him for several days is normal, which is why you may see him limping around or having hard time holding a pen in his hand. Bruises and bloody cough may last for a day.

Limitless: Appearance wise, nothing actually seems to happen. Lou draws energy from the magic that boosts his strength and forces his brain to shut down his physical limitations; the part of human brain that regulates strength and allows him to use it without breaking his body in the process. This cast will allow him to bend metal and even break stone with his bare hands. His strength will also allow him to use his leg muscles to make way more higher jumps than should be physically possible for a normal human being, making him bounce agilely around like an antelope, and it also boosts his speed in the physical world and switches his brain into a whole new gear of swift thinking. Perception of his surroundings is more accurate as his senses are all heightened to the very maximum and his brain is processing millions of different things at the same time.
Drawback: Yet again, time plays a big part in this; Lou has never dared to use this spell longer than five minutes. But more that, so does his own human fragility. Enchanted strength does not equal to enchanted durability, and his body is not meant to handle such bestial, raw power. Broken bones and torn muscle tissue and all around bruising is something he tends to get during using the spell inadvertently. Too much for too long will cause internal injuries, and at worst bleeding in the brain which will follow quickly with death if left untreated. Nose bleeds that can last for hours are normal drawbacks, along with deep exhaustion which will only go away with long period of sleep.
No-Pain-All-Gain: Someone once said that without pain you cannot achieve anything. Lou disagrees. No pain, no gain? Psh, more like No pain, all the gain. He has a last ace up in his sleeve; a spell that will shut down his pain sensors. At this state it does not seem to matter what you do to him, he will not feel it and thus does not react to it, and proceeds to function like there is absolutely nothing in the matter. Push him, punch him, burn him, break his bones. Try anything and everything, and he still just keeps coming at you.
Drawback: The spell itself is already a drawback. Pain sensors are meant to protect your body from harm, and without it, you may keep causing yourself physical damage without yourself even noticing. Lou might be losing a hand or a leg and he would not even realize it, get stabbed, poisoned, burned, bleed to death, all the while maybe noting how it just kind of tickles. Lou can keep this spell up the longest time of all his personal spells; up to an hour. The only actual drawback is fatigue that strains his body and makes him almost fall asleep where he stands. But of course, whatever is done to him during No-Pain-All-Gain will come rushing back, all in one go like a bitchslap from reality, with his sense of pain spiking up to more sensitive for about fifteen minutes and causing him great agony.
divider4.png

[ Point Him Out in the Crowd for Me [glow=red]![/glow] ]
There, that's the freak

Appearance: Louis is all about tall and a bit lanky and just... overall long. He stands 6'2'' feet tall, with long arms and legs. He is not skinny, but nor is he bulky either; he has some finely toned muscle on him due to his active performing in sports, but he does not deliberately build it, so the focus is not to look fit, it is to be fit. Due to this, he has some well build abdominal muscles and what you could as nice man waves on his arms. He is wide shouldered boy with a strong looking back and thinner waist. His hair is an odd color of ashen blond (the undercut darker brown while the messy mop of hair on his crown much lighter), his almond shaped eyes tawny brown with a ring of rich amber around the pupils. His skin is typically pale for a Caucasian, and Lou does not really tan much even if he does get some healthy color in the sun. His head shape is oval with a long sharp chin and low cheekbones. His nose is long and regal in a roman way, set rather low on his face and inline with bit of big ears. His jawline is strong despite the thinness of his facial structure, and makes it look more angular and sharper. His lips are thin, but Lou does have a rather attractive cupid's arc.
Apparel: Lou prefers comfort over style, but prefers not to look like a hobo. He likes casual wear. Skinny jeans, tennis shoes, combat boots, t-shirts, sleeveless shirts, leather jackets, denim jackets, hoodies, wool cardigans, blazers... He has his own way to go about his looks and bring out the best of him. He likes beanies, and during an especially challenging hair day he can be seen mostly wearing his red beanie, and at times, his green-ish grey one with a little pompom hanging from the end. Then there are the days when his magic has taxed his eyesight a bit, and he needs to wear glasses to see or everything is bit of a blur. It is hard to say if Lou has a rock spirit or if he aims for a hipster. Either way, his fashion sense is weird. He carries around a rich brown leather satchel that he keeps stocked with different potions that have healing and restoring capabilities, and some that are to fight off the drawbacks fatigue like a shot of caffeinated adrenaline. He also keeps around bandages and some gauze due to his intense drawbacks, along with some strong medical yarn and needless for wound stitching, a small bottle of disinfectant, a basic pocket knife and a lighter. For personal hygiene a bottle of roll-on deodorant, toothbrush and toothpaste, a bar of scentless soap, a basic razor for shaving, extra socks and underwear and couple of t-shirts. There is also his camera which he seems to carry everywhere, his personal little music player, water bottle, some beef jerky, simple metal coffeepot and instant coffee. Outside his bag he also carries his sleeping bag, which's strap he tends to just throw over his shoulder. Lou prefers to pack as light as possible, as he knows spending long time in the wilderness is not going to be a walk in the park.

Credits:
Fan Art: Johannathemad from Tumblr
Original faceclaim: Jean Kirchstein, Shingeki no Kyojin

Okay. There it is. I've been writing this guy for 8 hours straight, it's 6 AM, my alarm goes off in 3 hours, I have 9 hour work day ahead. So excuse me if I don't give a shit about proofreading or other mistakes. I am going to fucking sleep now. Good night. Or morning. Or whatever.

2wdbx54.jpg

Nothing But Thieves - Itch

divider4.png

· L [[glow=red]o[/glow]] u i s · L o k [[glow=red]i[/glow]] · M a d d o [[glow=red]x[/glow]] ·

· Nicknames ·
[glow=red]"Lou"[/glow] - A casual nickname.
[glow=red]"Lou-Lou"[/glow] - A pet name that will earn you a nasty glare.
[glow=red]"Mad Dog"[/glow] - Because of his bad temper, he tends to fight like a bloodthirsty, rabid canine. It also rhymes well with his last name, which is why it kind of stuck over the years.
[glow=red]"Mr. I Don't Give A Fuck"[/glow] - A name well earned to emphasize just how little he cares about your opinion.

divider4.png

[ Back to Basics [glow=red]![/glow] ]
Breaking it down

Date of Birth: April 7th​
Zodiac: Aries ♈
Chinese Zodiac: Horse 馬 午
Blood Type: AB
Grade: Senior
Familiar: None
Race: White West European
Sex: Male ♂
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual ⚥
Attracts to: Strong Personalities
Preferences: Red or dark haired girls with pale complexion and blue or green eyes, tall and dark haired males with a nice tan and brown eyes. Freckles and dimples on both genders.
Power: Physical
How it works: Louis draws energy with his magic into his own body, which may amplify the senses of his choosing or numb them. He may also use the energy to give him superhuman strength or speed in short bursts -- however, none of them at the same time. He may also use this magical energy to morph his appearance or the appearance of small objects for short periods of time.
Drawbacks: As magic, Physical is a strong power. Unfortunately strong powers come also with strong drawbacks. Ironically, this is physical pain for Louis. The stronger the spell, the more in agony he will be in afterwards. Throbbing headaches, sore muscles, quivering bones, strain in joints, weakened senses such as sight, fatigue, hunger... Sometimes even more dramatic; bruises appearing around his body, nose bleeds, coughing up blood, or even ears or eyes bleeding, and sometimes, fainting. The healing process may take hours to days, and he requires a lot of sleep and food to keep himself going. His power is just as much a gift as it is a curse.
Limitations: Time and lack of stamina are his enemies. Lou's power comes in short strong bursts, and they do not last long, and the drawbacks claim him within minutes, sometimes immediately. Everything he casts comes with a heavy price, and carelessness may even get him killed. Pain is a constant companion in Lou's life.
Tactic: Aggressive and merciless. Lou prefers to keep the conflicts short, because if he does not, he will lose by default when his drawbacks catch him. He does not care about the gender, age or size of his opponent; everyone is equally his prey during a fight, and he is out there for your blood. You may bet he is not afraid to strike a girl just as easily as he may punch a boy. You try to fuck him up and you get what is coming for you. Now that is some gender equality right there.
divider4.png

[ Who is This Guy [glow=red]?[/glow] ]
Know thy enemy

Strengths: Willpower, determination, durability, ferocious and ambitious nature. Like his middle name that comes from the Norse trickster god, he can be very cunning and clever. His mind is sharp and fast, and Lou can be very impulsive and spontaneous during a fight. He is very honest and straightforward personality, and has courage to be very much himself and not give a flying fuck about what others may think of him. However, he also knows when to shut up. His sense of humor is dry and subtle, and very, very sarcastic which shows through his witty commentary and sardonic retorts that he delivers without missing a beat. Also, puns.
Weaknesses: Arrogance, stubbornness and pride. During an argument Lou may keep arguing his case even if he acknowledges that he is in the wrong -- he just does not want to admit it, in fear of looking like a total fool. He strongly dislikes being in the wrong, and is not good at apologizing. His honesty can be very brutal, and he may appear as crass and almost brutish, even if Lou may not mean any actual harm. His bluntness may come off as rude, and he often wonders why people say honesty is good but get offended when you offer it. He may also be easily flustered, jealous and possessive. Oh yeah, and also, puns.
Ambitions: Lou likes to stand on top, to be in control and dominance. He is a natural leader type of personality and his strong presence and logical, realistic personality draws followers to him, as he is seen as reliable in times of trouble, which he is. Louis has bit of a subconscious alpha male complex and he runs strongly on testosterone. He does not exactly see girls as the weaker gender, as he regards others equally as people no matter their physical gender, but he does regard the more feminine ones as silly and waste of his time. Lou does not really understand girls too well, especially the very feminine ones, which is why he tends to regard them more like an extraterrestrial life form. His strong masculinity tends to clash a lot with the girls stereotypical femininity, and he butts heads often with the more sensitive girl casters who cannot handle his brutal honesty and find him rude. The too easily scared, sensitive and easily offended ones really tick him off, which is why Lou has the tendency to judge all girls as such until proven otherwise. He wants to show the Rosewood girls that the Evergreen boys can be just as good casters, or even better than them. Well, mostly even better, let's be honest. Lou has bit of an superior complex, too. What can he say for his defense? He is just stronger, faster, better. And another one bites the dust, until he finds his match and he is forced to humble down a bit. Bit of a reality check would not do bad for the boy.
divider4.png

[ Tell Me More [glow=red]![/glow] ]
No turning back

Weaknesses: Arrogance, stubbornness and pride. During an argument Lou may keep arguing his case even if he acknowledges that he is in the wrong -- he just does not want to admit it, in fear of looking like a total fool. He strongly dislikes being in the wrong, and is not good at apologizing. His honesty can be very brutal, and he may appear as crass and almost brutish, even if Lou may not mean any actual harm. His bluntness may come off as rude, and he often wonders why people say honesty is good but get offended when you offer it. He may also be easily flustered, jealous and possessive. Oh yeah, and also, puns.
Other: Lou is physically very capable, and has a keen interest in sports that keep him in shape, from football to swimming. Athletic and artistic, he also enjoys music and dancing, and does the latter far better than the former. He is also interested in taking part of all kinds of extreme sports from mountain climbing to bungee jumping. He also likes the idea of travelling with just a rucksack, venturing in the nature of foreign countries and capturing moments with his camera. Despite appearing almost overly confident, Lou actually has a lot of insecurities about himself -- just do not tell anyone. He has an interesting relationship with his own personal magic, which evokes just as much fear in him as it does respect. Lou is aware that his magic can help him to achieve great things, but it can also easily get him killed in the process, so navigating its use is a bit complicated and demands a very calculative and tactical mind. Just because Lou can endure the pain of the drawbacks well, it does not mean that he likes it, which is why you never see Lou using his powers for something completely meaningless to him on a personal level. Due to his Give-No-Fucks attitude, Lou has learned that he does not need to impress anyone deliberately. If someone likes him, cool. If someone does not, then that is cool too. It is not like he is cold and heartless, he just has very little time and interest towards haters, and he has noticed that the less he cares, the more happier he is. This is why Lou drops negative people out of his radar rather fast. Toxic people will learn quickly to their disappointment that they have very little effect on Lou. Romance wise, he is very inexperienced. He may be a bit playfully flirtatious, but when he realizes someone is really flirting back, it may throw him off a bit that someone would be actually interested in him. Lou takes time to warm up to people, as he is bit of an introvert and social retard, and romance is bit of a puzzle to him that he is not quite sure how to approach from the right angle. His love life has been this far pretty nonexistent, give or take few crushes back in the day that never leaded to anything.

divider4.png

[ Wait, So What Can He Do [glow=red]?[/glow] ]
Oh, just watch me

Personal Spells

Alpha Dominance: Lou can magically enforce his body to emit stronger pheromones. This will waft a muskier scent, like the fur of a wolf, that plays a very psychological part in the target. The pheromones will strike fear, making Lou appear more intimidating, a stronger opponent that makes you want to bow down your head in submission in his presence and follow his orders under fearful respect. Targets with stronger willpower or great courage (or arrogance that equals Lou's own) will be able to fight off the pheromones, but will still approach him with caution than before.
Drawback: Bruises will eventually appear on his skin, mostly concentrating around his mid-torso. Muscle soreness and headache will follow not too far behind. Can keep up this spell only fifteen minutes at most.
Skin-walker: Lou has learned to modify his body to become his weapon under needed circumstances. He can morph his teeth sharp and jaw stronger, so that his bite will equal a skull crushing jaguar, and his nails turn into nasty looking claws that can tear your face into shreds. To complete this look and to strike fear, Lou has prefers to darken his skin into ashen grey with even darker grey leopard spots around the back of his neck, shoulders, biceps and his back. Now, let us not forget the freakish cat-like slit pupils and bright amber colored eyes that seem to stare right into your soul, ready to give you hell.
Drawback: Time is the biggest competitor here. In this form Lou is dangerous and appears beast-like, but his mind is still very much human, and as he aggressively focuses attacking, he also needs to keep track of time. Twenty minutes is his very maximum limit, and by the end of that he has been coughing up blood with ragged breathing and blood clogging up in his throat and lungs. Carelessness and losing the track of time may get him eventually fatigued so badly that he will be knocked out cold, or even dead. Deep muscle pains and soreness that will affect him for several days is normal, which is why you may see him limping around or having hard time holding a pen in his hand. Bruises and bloody cough may last for a day.
The Hulk: First of all, this spell is named like this, because Lou is a goddamn nerd. Secondly, there won't be a green skin, so hold your horses. Appearance wise, nothing actually happens. Lou draws energy from the magic that boosts his strength and forces his brain to lower the limiting of it where it allows him to use it without breaking himself in the process. This cast will allow him to bend metal and even break stone with his bare hands. His strength will also allow him to use his leg muscles to make way more higher jumps than should be physically possible for a normal human being, making him bounce agilely around like an antelope.
Drawback: Yet again, time plays a big part in this. But more that, so does his own human fragility. Enchanted strength does not equal to enchanted durability, and his body is not meant to handle such bestial, raw power. Broken bones and torn muscle tissue and all around bruising is normal drawback. Too much for too long will cause internal injuries, which will follow quickly with death if left untreated.
divider4.png

[ Point Him Out in the Crowd for Me [glow=red]![/glow] ]
There, that's the freak
Appearance: Louis is all about tall and lanky and just... overall long. He stands 6'2'' feet tall, with long arms and legs. He is not skinny, but nor is he bulky either; he has some finely toned muscle on him due to his active performing in sports, but he does not deliberately build it, so the focus is not to look fit, it is to be fit. His hair is an odd mixture of ashen brown and blond (the undercut darker brown while the messy mop of hair on his crown much lighter), his almost shaped eyes tawny brown with a ring of rich amber around the pupils. His skin is typically pale for a Caucasian, and Lou does not really tan much even if he does get some healthy color in the sun. His head shape is oval with a long sharp chin and low cheekbones. His nose is long and regal in a roman way, set rather low on his face and inline with bit of big ears. His jawline is strong despite the thinness of his facial structure, and makes it look more angular and sharper. His lips are thin, but Lou does have a rather attractive cupid's arc.
Apparel: Lou prefers comfort over style, but prefers not to look like a hobo. He likes casual wear. Skinny jeans, tennis shoes, combat boots, t-shirts, sleeveless shirts, leather jackets, wool cardigans, blazers... He has his own way to go about his looks and bring out the best of him. He likes beanies, and during an especially challenging hair day he can be seen mostly wearing his red beanie, and at times, his green-ish grey one with a little pompom hanging from the end. Then there are the days when his magic has taxed his eyesight a bit, and he needs to wear glasses to see or everything is bit of a blur. It is hard to say if Lou has a rock spirit or if he aims for a hipster. Either way, his fashion sense is weird.

Credits:
Far Art: Johannathemad from Tumblr
Original faceclaim: Jean Kirchstein, Shingeki no Kyojin
This is someone who Sorrell would definitely have an eye on... also, night dude.

@The Mernsicle, alright four things:

- Could you replace the [17-19] with her age?

- You can replace the two bottles full of 150 mana with general mana potions o.o either 1/4 (weaker), 2/4(weak), 3/4 (strong) or full restore is fine with me.

- Your familiar stays with you all of the time, no summoning required.

- Your familiar kind of crosses over into "water" territory, but uh... physical is a toughie as well >.>' How about just a general element for your lion:
animal-magic-lion.jpg
animation-lion-wallpaper.jpg

But I'll leave that up to you :)

@Wicked, You get a like because I can't pick favorites :P I'll let you keep your familiar, or lack thereof, since we can say the lack of a familial presence is why your drawbacks are so intense ^.^

But yeah, don't die and good look with that o.o

Last edited:
@Noctis the Devious what limitations/drawbacks are appropriate? My understanding is that the casters are able to cast spells they wouldn't be able to at other times because of the Dual Full Moon phenomenon. I understand that if Celia casts a giant spell she'll need to eat a horse or sleep for a day, but isn't that kinda what the GM is for - to tell us what the consequences are? In other words, how would any of the characters know what the consequences of a spell are if they've never been able to cast it before?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding things.

Also, concerning the whole "Ice magic". Ice is a state of water - shouldn't water encompass Ice and even steam? If someone wants to take "Flower Magic" or "Sand Magic" is that going to take those abilities from characters who control Nature or Earth magic? Wouldn't "Ice", "Sand", or "Flowers" be a Water, Earth, or Nature mage who specializes - or prefers that type of medium, like an artist who prefers to work with chalk or clay.

Onto the story, how is this going to work? Are we working as a team or is it everyone for themselves? When we meet the boys (or girls for those playing males), is it going to be straight up PvP?

Final question, for now, how different is the game world from our world. I know there are flying buses, but there are also handhelds and earbuds... You've made mention that this is based on a book you've written, so my real question is, how much of the setting can we add to?

@Noctis the Devious what limitations/drawbacks are appropriate? My understanding is that the casters are able to cast spells they wouldn't be able to at other times because of the Dual Full Moon phenomenon. I understand that if Celia casts a giant spell she'll need to eat a horse or sleep for a day, but isn't that kinda what the GM is for - to tell us what the consequences are? In other words, how would any of the characters know what the consequences of a spell are if they've never been able to cast it before?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding things.

My GMing style isn't that strict compared to some others beside the guidelines I set out. I normally just expect my players to use their better judgment. Your spells in general are accepted, I just thought it'd make sense if it mentally strained your caster to control the rate of water. And yes, your casters can cast stronger spells, but their bodies are still young and may not be physically capable of keeping up with your magic; hence the Magic vs. Body thing. Does that make sense? Sorry, I gave a rather difficult time trying to explain my thinking process ._.;

Also, concerning the whole "Ice magic". Ice is a state of water - shouldn't water encompass Ice and even steam? If someone wants to take "Flower Magic" or "Sand Magic" is that going to take those abilities from characters who control Nature or Earth magic? Wouldn't "Ice", "Sand", or "Flowers" be a Water, Earth, or Nature mage who specializes - or prefers that type of medium, like an artist who prefers to work with chalk or clay.

That's were things get tricky. Element magic is not the element iself but rather the essence of that element. Ideally nature and earth do tie into each other, but in practice they are their own realms and each realm as an independent essence. For a caster, these realms have barriers they often times cannot crossed. Yes, ice is a state of water, which is way it's tricky. As long as someone doesn't claim ice as an independent magic source you can keep your ice spells.

Onto the story, how is this going to work? Are we working as a team or is it everyone for themselves? When we meet the boys (or girls for those playing males), is it going to be straight up PvP?

Ideally the girls are a team and boys are a team. In practice? That's up to you guys to figure out. Whether or not there's PvP between the boys and the girls is also up to the way you want to handle encounters

Final question, for now, how different is the game world from our world. I know there are flying buses, but there are also handhelds and earbuds... You've made mention that this is based on a book you've written, so my real question is, how much of the setting can we add to?

As much as you want :D Within reason of course. Think of this world existing at the same time, but with one an alternate versions of the other. Better yet, think of a fantasy story you read or watched that explains, in some way, why only humans exist today. My personal favorite is the Lord of the Rings. At the end the elves leave Middle Earth as the age of man started to take effect. But what if the elves didn't leave or the dragons didn't die? That's pretty much what I'm trying to pull off world wise. I only used my story as a foundation to build this on, I don't expect it to be mirrored :P

If you some examples of what exists: I described Raina wearing a band shirt under her flannel, but if you look at my drawing of her (I decided to draw her an actual profile pic for a better idea of her appearance), the shirt she's wearing sports a design you may not recognized but your character might. Another example, The Mernsicle's character carries with her a Pair Phone. Something we can't identify but our characters can. If you look at the characters in general, they all add something to this world :) I personally adore that as a GM.

• Useful
Reactions: Wicked
Fancy intro post is fancy x3

Our characters are going to get along swimmingly ; )

Reactions: Hitomebore
tumblr_n496l3ope51rrfopko1_500.png

Cry Baby: Melanie Martinez
Superstition: Stevie Wonder: C2C Remix

"Just you watch, I'll be great on my own!"

tumblr_nhwe5ayxEm1u7m6f2o1_500.png

Dakota Olivia Snow

Nicknames

"Livi": A shortened version of her middle name, her family calls her this the majority of the time

"Ko': Her childhood friend Liam calls her this one.

"Snowflake": Her uncle Rae calls her this and it's unbearably annoying. It makes her sound like she's a kid!

"Dwarf": This and a number of any other nicknames that make fun of her height will be met with a displeased pout and possibly a good kick in the shins

→ Data Entry 001

18 || June 1st ​|| Gemini ♊ || Sydney, Australia ||

Grade

Senior

Sex

Female

Sexual Orientation

Heterosexual

Height

5'2

Eye color & Hair Color

Amber eyes and light brown hair

Weight

118 lbs || 53.52 kg

Race

Caucasian

Apparel

She prefers sweaters, tights, skirts, shorts, t-shirts, anything that is basically comfortable. She does try to keep up with the latest fashion trends, but she's not too concerned about it. She has an enchanted utility belt , (that can store a lot contrary to it's outward appearance) where she carries an extra set of throwing knives, 2 general mana potions (3/4 strong), 3 packets of trail mix, 3 packets of gummies, a flask to carry water, a lighter, a first aid kit (that includes the normal plus a syringe, scalpel, a needle, and thread, bandages, and vials to put medicine in), extra clothes (like shoes, tights, underwear, warm jacket, ear muffs, mittens, and a turtleneck), a small case of hand warmers, and a pack of charged batteries for when she runs out of juice and needs to recharge herself. She also carries two daggers that are engraved with magic runes so that she can channel her lightning through them and use them as well. She has thigh holsters for these, so she can keep her weapons concealed.
→ Data Entry 002

Element

Lightning

Familiar

Kiara || Cat

[spoili]
14ug65w.jpg

[/spoili]

Strengths

Dakota's ability to adapt in numerous situations in one of her strong suits. Of course, she knows her limits, but problem-solving instead of panicking and having a meltdown is something she would rather do. Dakota is also very book smart, getting good grades had never been a problem for her. Her small frame allows her to get into small tight places, it also helps that she is extremely flexible and agile. She likes to do it right the first time so she always strives to be the best she can be. Failing isn't an option for her. Kind hearted by nature, Dakota has a sweet spirit. She loves surrounding herself around her friends, having a good time and laughing. She usually thinks of others before herself. If someone needs help she's willing to give it. Her parents are also doctor's so it's only natural that she picked up the things from them. Of course with her own magical twist. She's really good at healing spells, and making healing potions and normal herbs. She could basically be a makeshift apothecary on the team so she's a good asset to have.

Weaknesses

Dakota is very gullible. For some reason, she can't get it through her head that she can't trust what everyone says. This gets her in trouble a lot and it tends to be that once people learn this little fact about her they use it to their advantage. She's also very emotional. She likes to think she has a huge heart which means she has a lot of feelings. She does seem to cry easily and she hates that, she views them as a weakness. Dakota has had to train hard to build up her endurance. When she uses magic, she tends to tire quickly. This is especially bad when the stronger the spell the more tired she is. She usually blacks out once she's used too much of her magic. She calls this 'Mind Zero'. (She likes giving cool names to things) Because of this she loves to eat. Which could be a plus but once she eats too much, it ends up becoming a bad thing. Dakota is very stubborn, maybe too stubborn for her own good. She hates messing up, so once she sets her mind on something she won't lose sight of it until she's achieved it or she dies. It's that black and white.

Ambitions

All her life Dakota has been told who she would and wouldn't be. What she could or couldn't do. Even her body has had a say and set her back, since casting magic for her is such a hard task since she can tire out so easily. Still, she refuses to give in to what people think. Who are they to limit her? Because of that, she thinks this challenge is perfect. She'll prove to everyone out there that ever doubted her, that she can do this and be successful. Losing is not an option. She has worked too hard for her to lose and it all go down the drain. Besides, she doesn't want to accept the fact that everyone might be right. It's frustrating how she feels as if she had been left with the short end of the stick all her life. It just wasn't fair. So she decided to take fate into her own hands and show it who's boss.
→ Data Entry 003

Dakota loves spicy food. Like she worships spicy food. It's also safe to say that she loves food, in general, but spicy food just has a special place in her heart. She can also play the piano and harmonica, so music is pretty important to her. It soothes her whenever she's stressed out or it helps her focus when she needs to plan. She generally likes all music but she really likes classical, swing music, and electronic, and oldies. She prefers warm weather rather than cold weather. But she doesn't like stupidly hot weather at all. When she's not training and studying she likes to knit. It's a fun past time and no, it's not just meant for old ladies. (She hates it when people bring that up. Yet they always want her to make something for them) Photography and traveling are some more things that she loves doing.

Dislikes

Dakota doesn't like swimming because she had a bad experience one time. She can't swim so she just avoids it. Even though she loves water. Looking is just fine, but if she has to get in the water, then she limits herself to a bath and shower, that's about it. Besides, water is dangerous. She. Hates. Bugs. Don't ask her to kill one because she'll already be having a panic attack if she sees it herself. Also don't let it out of your sight. If it's lost and she's still in the room or area, she won't be able to have any peace of mind. Like what so ever. Bitter things make Dakota very unhappy. Things that taste bitter are disgusting and she wishes such a taste never existed. Arrogance isn't attractive to her, on anyone. She also doesn't like narcissistic people. Those two things just irritate her, they aren't amusing traits and she doesn't know how people can stand to be around individuals like that. It's not worth the headache.

Other

Besides being the best caster she can be, Dakota wants to actually get a boyfriend. She's had crushes before, but no one's ever crushed on her. At least, not that she knows of. She's never even had a first kiss. So she really wants to experience that side of life and see what it has to offer. Is it really like what the books and movies describe? Who knows? She surely doesn't. She also wants to be able to sell the things she makes (knitting-wise) on a bigger market. Rather than selling them to the girls at her school. She's really good and people keep telling her that she's really good so why not make some extra cash on the side?

Livi also knows martial arts. She figured she'd learn this since her parents were always more concerned about her health and well being more than she was herself. Her parents were doctor's so they disapproved greatly of her choice to be a Caster. But she didn't care she had the skills and the talent. Though she deeply wanted them to accept her, she didn't care, or at least tried to seem like she didn't care. And went ahead and did what she wanted to do in the first place. Her body was technically born weak which is why she struggles so much with Casting, which is why her parents didn't want her to do it. Still she stuck it through her training. She picked up martial arts so that she could master hand to hand combat so that she wouldn't always have to rely on her spells to get her out of tough situations. She excels at martial arts and swordplay if you will. She fights with two enchanted daggers as well.

Personal Spells

(** = Strongest spell )

Heaven's Rain: A rather large area of attack spell that releases chains of lighting from the sky within the spell's radius. Dakota must cast this by charging up and focusing her magic in her palm then smacking the ground.(or if she wants to make the lightning like homing missiles on a target, she can smack the target with her charged palm.) The radius is, therefore, the area around her.(or her target) The attack doesn't damage her, though. But a physical side effect to this spell is that the world seems to slow down, but that's not the case. Lightning is fast by nature, so instead of the world slowing down, Dakota has actually sped up the process of her body. This isn't to be confused with Physical magic, this is just a side effect of the spell she cast. She can now move faster and react faster it also because of the increased speed she starts to regenerate health. (cuts heal etc.)

Drawbacks: She can only use this spell two times and the duration of the effects last 15 minutes. Because of the health regen factor, this is one of the major spells that takes a huge toll on her body. Her vision might begin to blur at first letting her know that she'll be reaching 'Mind Zero' soon. Parts of her body also become numb or heavy as lead after a while. Not to mention she also starts to have heart palpatations at this stage

Lightning Thief: Like this awesome name suggests, Livi has the ability to redirect lightning as she pleases. Of course, she can't just shoot lightning bolts at will, she has to find them. So while it might seem like she can she really can't. So once Livi has found lightning she allows herself to be struck by the lightning, without harm, of course, and can move the bolt in whatever direction she wants, however, she wants.

Drawbacks: In this spell since she's also absorbing electric energy she has to be careful not to absorb too much. But since she's also controlling the direction her heart starts to have irregular beating with this spell since she is putting a strain on her body and heart just by casting in the first place.

**The Battery: Like stated above, Livi can't just shoot lightning from her hands at will she has to find it. But what can help is that she can make her body a powerful conductor and attract the lightning to herself. So where ever this thunderstorm might be she will be able to draw it towards her by focusing her magic inside her. From there, when she is struck by lightning she can store large amounts of energy from it like a battery and then discharge it at will. The stored energy could be used to speed her up or she could zap the hell out of someone with it.

Drawbacks: Drawing storms near her is not an easy feat. In fact, this is another one of her spells that extremely wears her out. She only needs to do this once per fight of course because of how much energy from the storm she can store within her body. And while that's all well and good, there are some issues. Like for example, if she absorbs too much energy from the storms she can seriously damage herself. The body naturally has electric currents. In fact to stop and restart a heart electric currents are required. If Livi absorbs too much electric currents she puts herself in danger that could lead her to having a heart attack or worse. In fact when Livi's body can no longer store anymore electric energy it just releases it.

All at once in this massive uncontrollable discharge that can seriously damage anyone who gets too close. Which to a degree, this is also a perk because it raises the leathality of this spell through the roof , since the power of the discharge is similar to a bomb going off. Of course, the price of this perk is Livi's life, or rather her heart. Once the discharge occurs her body is left with no more electric current, not even her bodys natural current. So her hearts stops and the only way to restart it is for someone else to do it.

Another huge drawback to add to all this pile of shit, is that Livi can't tell when she's absorbed too much electric energy. So she'll never know when she'll switch to that uncontrollable discharge, which is why this spell is one that can not be taken lightly. She is super careful with this one and tries her best to judge how much she should absorb herself so she doesn't end up in this situation.

[More to come later...]

Common Spells

Common Static Regen & Discharge: All lightning caster have stored static electricity inside of them that they can discharge at will. They can use it with all things involving electricity as well. Should they need to 'charge', they can bite into live wires to regain their power or anything like that.

Thunderclap: All lightning casters have the ability to channel their magic into electrical energy. That energy can then be focused to a single location and become concentrated. By them focusing their energy into their palms the concentrated energy builds up. From there the caster can combine the two concentrated energies forming it into on small burst chain of lightning to zap an opponent. So basically by storing the energy in their palms they can clap them together to make a chain of lightning.

Night Vision: Keeping the concept of channeling, focusing, and concentrating their magical energies in one place, all lightning casters can focus their energy to any point of their body. Even their eyes. They can supercharge their eyes so that they can be able to see just as well as a cat can in the dark.

[More to come later....]
Credits

Face Claim's Anime: Kyoukai no Kanata

Character: Kuriyama Mirai

Last edited:
@Misaou, unfortunately your familiar has to exist in modern times and be made up of your element :c

EDIT: Oh, and under apparel is where I have their gear listed. Completely forgot about. Probably shouldn't be looking over this at 7 am considering my late night =.=

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Sailor Arti
  • Thank You
Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Status
Not open for further replies.