• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noctis the Devious

Of Lies and Stories
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per week
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Sporadically, Though out the Day
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
- Modern/Magical/High Fantasy
- Paranormal
- Romance-ish
- Supernatural
- Original
- Fandom
- Action
- Adventure
- Espionage
- Apocalyptic
- Alternative Reality
- Genre-Bent Reality
- Steampunk
- Cyberpunk
- Dieselpunk
- Magipunk
- Sci-fi
- Superhuman
GenChat || Sign-ups || IC

This the General Chat thread! This is where questions, comments, and concerns will be posted as well as out of character chatter.​

ROUND 1: END
ROUND 2: June 24th - July 24th

Should have mentioned this earlier but I had a tiring day yesterday and when I was available, it was only to talk and answer questions. Anyway, because of Wicked's schedule eating 'em alive, I've decided to archive Lou until Wicked decides to return. I've also decided to conclude round 1. What does this mean for the current scene? We'll time skip to the next day and I'll let Namora decide if Cerise is still captured or not. If so, Zelda and Angelica could have returned to the girl's cave with the news of her capture during the night and we'll pick up again with the girls planning a rescue mission. This could be the opportunity for both sides to meet. The time skip will also allow for a smoother migration for the newest members and open up new opportunities for character interaction.

I'll start up round 2 later today/tonight and tomorrow I'll do what I had planned to do yesterday and work on updating/reworking the OOC thread again since I'm still getting questions about things that are already written out. I didn't have a clear idea on how long I should keep each round open for but swing as the first round managed to drag on for months I'm setting the closing date exactly thirty days after the initial opening, which means round 2 is opening today, June 24th, and closing July 24th.

Happy roleplaying and may the muse be with you :)

[Warning=red]From now on, you want to have a creature attack, you run it by me first.[/warning]

I.
II.
W.I.P.
FAQ

Last edited:
So, I noticed in your signature that you were looking for another female to balance. I don't usually join RPs already in progress, but this looks interesting, so is there space for one more?

Yes, there definitely is :D There's two female spots and one male spot open ^.^

totally did not forget to update my signature or anything.

Awesome! I'm ashamed to say there's no chance of me reading through 52 pages of OOC and hella tons of IC (assuming there is, in fact, hella tons of IC. If it's 2 or 3 pages, it'll be readable), so this character would probably be jumping in halfway. Any particular easy way for that to occur smoothly?

Character may take a couple of days to make - depends on how long it takes me to come up with an interesting ability that can still be fit into one of the open elements.

She dropped off the face of Iwaku o.o I gave everyone 3-5 days to reply before I archived their character. And even before that she was M.I.A.

Awesome! I'm ashamed to say there's no chance of me reading through 52 pages of OOC
This may or may have not been my fault. Apparently I'm really good at contributing to OOC conversation or something.

Seriously don't bother, most of it is just us cracking stupid jokes and having gif wars and just goofing off. Noctis will tell you all the important stuff.

@Karakui, don't bother with the OOC xD Just don't. The majority of it is gif wars between @Wicked and @Misaou. We just barely broke four pages IC.

In the overview tab there's two tabs, the second is titled table of contents, that will give you an idea of what has happened so far :) But in short the girls have just finished introducing themselves and are now figuring out a way to go about surviving the night. Thr boys are much better off and have located a running water source.

EDIT: Under the Update tabs the flora, funa, and weather forecast for the area can be found :) Any more questions just ask ^.^

Open to +2 Girls and +1 Boy

embed.php

embed.php
→ Name: [Name from Birth]
→ Age: [17-19]
→ Grade: Senior
→ Sex: [Gender from Birth]
→ Gender: [Gender from Identity]
→ Sexual Orientation: [Partner Preference if Applicable]
→ Appearance: [Image and Physical Description]
→ Apparel & Gear: [Clothes they wore to the challenge and what they brought to prepare for the challenge.]

→ Element: [Form of Magic]
→ Familiar: [Magical Companion]
→ Strengths: [Caster's Strong Suits]
→ Weakness: [Caster's Not-so Strong Suits]
→ Ambitions: [Caster's Hope to Achieve]
→ Likes: [Caster's Personal Preference]
→ Dislikes: [Caster's Not-so Personal Preference]
→ Other: [Additional Details]

→ Personal Spells: [Caster's Unique Spells]

Hi, I saw there was an opening for a boy character, I'm really interested in it but I'm really new to the site and am a little bit inexperienced with the forum dynamics (I'm a fast learner though!) should I just post my presumed character sheet here as a regular post or do I reply to the first post? Also, how do I join in the story, do I just appear in the new round or is there a start place from where I integrate my character?

I'm a little bit confused ^^U sorry for being such noob to this >_< I'm not a noob to rping though, if that's any confort :,D

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Just post your character here and I'll link it in the cast list for easy access ^.^

And you can post once your character is accepted as if you've been there the whole time :3 (@Karakui, since I'm not sure my answer to you was the right one o.o;)

A brief overlook on my thread layout:

Overview Tab
Overview - Summary of Roleplay || Table of Contents - Story so Far

Rule Tab
Rules - How to Play, Caster Rules, Familiar Rules || Acceptable Powers - List of Powers Taken and Open || Wrap-up - Summary of Rules

Cast Tab
Evergreen - Male Student Rooster || Rosewood - Female Student Rooster || Archives - Previous Players Rooster

Updates Tab
Information on the area such as Weather forcast, foliage, and fauna, can be found in the second update.

ALSO: I just reaized none of you slackers answered this >:[

For those of you still interested where do guys want to end this round? What do you want to see happen in the next round?

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Wicked
Aw fuck, I spent all day planning a really interesting Electrical ability-set and the female electric is taken XD Oh well, time to use my limited understanding of Quantum Physics to cheat!

→ Name: Eidos Shira
→ Age: 18
→ Grade: Senior
→ Sex: Female
→ Gender: Female
→ Sexual Orientation: Homosexual
→ Appearance: Shira is relatively small, wears glasses and really just looks like your typical shy nerd. She's around 155cm tall, and thin for her height, and always wears a friendly smile; unless she's casting a complex spell, in which case she scowls (although it's still quite cute)
→ Apparel & Gear: Shira wears quite summery but modest clothes (though she feels this may have been poor judgement, and fears facing a cold environment), that consists of a slightly too large t-shirt and a skirt. She has quite bad foresight, and only brought things she's read about in stories - matches, dry food, a pen knife... and a selection of sewing needles and thread.

→ Element: Gravity
→ Familiar: Shira's 'familiar' takes the form of a handy notepad filled with about as much Physics stuff as you could ever imagine. Since her familiar takes the form of her perception, she can open to a random page and what's on it will be whatever she wants to be on it. For example, she could know the information she's looking for is on page 317, but open it to page 4 and the information on page 4 would be the same as on page 317, until she closed it again, at which point it would change back.

→ Strengths: Shira is highly intelligent. And I mean HIGHLY. She can do incredibly complex calculations in her head in less than a second. She is also very good at looking harmless - which makes her even more dangerous. Shira understands pretty much everything there is to currently understand about the four fundemental forces, and is very diligent - she spent all her spare time working on learning that until she knew it by heart. She also has surprising stamina for someone so small.

→ Weakness: Shira is a little underwhelming when it comes to physical aspects. Despite her good stamina, she's slow and weak. She's also quite a worrier, and often feels like she's dead weight, even though she knows at heart that she can be very useful. She has a tendency to over-analyse things.

→ Ambitions: Shira intends to further the use of magic in engineering; she wants to find a way to create true perpetual motion using gravity manipulation, hoping to create a reliable small-scale fusion reactor that can be used to generate near endless electrical energy.

→ Likes: Shira is fond of most cute things, and has a love for maths. She's generally weaker than others, so she loves to show off when she's in her element.
→ Dislikes: Shira's a little slow, and can't deal with fast-paced things very well. She also hates being ganged up on, because her abilities aren't the best for crowd control unless she has time to set up.

→ Other: (please correct me if I interpreted this wrong). Shira perceives Gravity not as an individual force, but as the product of the curvature of spacetime (which is how quantum physicists see it). Thus, where many other Gravity manipulators modify gravity to have an effect on the environment, Shira can actually modify spacetime directly, resulting in effects that look like gravity. In other words - Shira's gravity is true, organic gravity, rather than artificial gravity.

→ Personal Spells:
(uses in blue, weaknesses/limitations in yellow)

Wormhole - By manipulating local spacetime in such a way that it folds upon itself and links up, Shira can create a wormhole that can be used to instantly transport something to another location. It may even end up moving through time too (though for balance purposes of time manipulation, it can only move forwards or backwards 1 minute, and if it moves backwards, it can't be in a way that would require previous actions of other characters to change).

Tachyon - Shira negates the effect of spacetime upon an object, allowing it to do seemingly impossible things. (normal causal links are based on time, however, a Tachyon, a theoretical particle that moves faster than Light, has causal links in space instead. In practice, this allows teleportation, alteration of form, etc.) The object remains in a Tachyon state for no more than 5 minutes, and the form of a living entity cannot be altered.

Isolation - Shira locks an event's position in space while untangling it's position in time, essentially forcing the event to exist at all points in time, until the effect wears off. The lock is relative to local space (to prevent isolated events from flying off the face of the planet and into space). An Isolated event will exist in a kind of looped state - when it completes its action, it will go back to the beginning and do it again. (For example, making a fire never burn out until the Isolation wears off after a few minutes - hours).

Last edited:
Done. Took a while, had to re-check my understanding of gravity a whole bunch of times :D

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
Relative Space - Shira alters the interaction of the spacetime of two objects or events. In its most weak form, this would be something like changing the effect of gravity between two items - perhaps to make an object much heavier than it should be. In stronger variants, this could be altering the speed of a moving object, or even reversing it completely. Can only be used on interactions between two particular objects or events. Any effect the object would have on anything else would remain the same. For example, a bullet fired from a gun could be altered to have an immense gravitational attraction to a target. Its gravitational attraction to Earth, or to anyone other than the target would remain the same.

Because this is gravity magic in a nut shell you can't really claim it as a personal spell, sorry. (Reminder: Personal Spells are unique to your character, ordinary spells are for use of the general public.)

@die_Sprachkenntnisse, unfortunately Earth (and Nature) have already been claimed. (Reminder: A list of acceptable spells that are open and taken can be found under the Rules tab: purple is the female counterpart and green is the male counterpart.) But I love your familiar :D I was wondering when someone would break off from everyday and venture into exotic ^.^

Last edited:
Because this is gravity magic in a nut shell you can't really claim it as a personal spell, sorry. (Reminder: Personal Spells are unique to your character, ordinary spells are for use of the general public.)
Damn, I was going to prevent other gravity users from casting any gravity-related spell! I did wonder about that actually, but I figured that the way in which it's cast (IE Shira manipulate spacetime; normal gravity mages just work with gravity, which is kind of the chump term for 'gravity' if that makes sense), would be a great enough difference for it to be considered personal.

But at the very core of this spell you're doing what ever gravity user can do, alter the gravitational pull of any given object and focus it at a particular point, thus altering it's weight, speed, and direction :3

But at the very core of this spell you're doing what ever gravity user can do, alter the gravitational pull of any given object and focus it at a particular point, thus altering it's weight, speed, and direction :3
But see, I wouldn't really consider that the core of the spell. The core of the function, yes, but I'd say the core of the entire spell would be the method in which it was cast. To use a gaming analogy, you have two skills - one that does 4 points of fire damage per second, and one that does 8 points of fire damage every 2 seconds. Functionally, they're the same, but the skill itself is different. I'm honestly not seeing the problem here. Other gravity users would still be able to do everything described by Relative Space, except they'd do it the normal way instead of how Shira does it. Essentially, this is just an unusually efficient version of the normal gravity spells.

Status
Not open for further replies.