Status
Not open for further replies.
I tend to have a habit of hurling science at roleplays because its fun to have people get all confused as to why something as simple as a laser beam is the most dangerous weapon ever.

Uh...
Hello... Um...this is awkward...
Is this possibly still open?

Are we going to get a OOC any time soon? additionally, I havn't had time to go read the pre-made list and am confused: will this be blank slate or will we have to build of the pre-formed list prior to this?

Also, I think it will be nice if player could choose to create an independent genetic line, or create a Trans-class mutation of already existing one.
I think that it's been suggested earlier, and it's just obvious that you can stick to existing genetic line... I just thought that it would be cool to make some kind of tab, where all created by players (and already existing) races are grouped, like, elemental > water > lake being > mermaid > _insertclassnamehere_

Are we going to get a OOC any time soon? additionally, I havn't had time to go read the pre-made list and am confused: will this be blank slate or will we have to build of the pre-formed list prior to this?

This is a blank slate. As I stressed just a few posts ago, this is a spiritual successor to TJA that borrows only its most basic framework. All the actual races and lore of TJA do not apply here. Please don't feel limited by the old list. I really regret linking it. >~<

This is a blank slate. As I stressed just a few posts ago, this is a spiritual successor to TJA that borrows only its most basic framework. All the actual races and lore of TJA do not apply here. Please don't feel limited by the old list. I really regret linking it. >~<
Might need to add a big bold note about that come OOC time.

I believe I'm going to need to bow out of this one @Kagayours There's too many players for my comfort. I do hope this rp goes well and has a good long run~

Sorry for mentioning the list; curiosity killed the Luma I suppose. According to Kaga, the only tie to the older RP is inspiration. Nothing else. Except maybe a few friends tagging along to this one.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
Also, I think it will be nice if player could choose to create an independent genetic line, or create a Trans-class mutation of already existing one.
I think that it's been suggested earlier, and it's just obvious that you can stick to existing genetic line... I just thought that it would be cool to make some kind of tab, where all created by players (and already existing) races are grouped, like, elemental > water > lake being > mermaid > _insertclassnamehere_
Ehhh... organizing all the races like that seems like it could become a bit too complicated. Maybe it could be necessary later on if the race list gets really long, but, for now, I think it'll be a lot easier to simply have a list of races that link to their descriptions without trying any sort of fancy classification system.

That being said! You can make your own class or sub-species of an existing race, you'd just have to work that out with the ambassador of the race that you're basing yours off of.

Also, it's possible for hybrids (or other potential overlapping of different races) to exist without needing to create a whole new entry on the race list for it. Vampires are a good example of this. According to most vampire lore: if you get bitten by a vampire, you become a vampire. So, if a vampire bites a member of another non-human race, like, say, a werewolf, does that werewolf also become a vampire, thus becoming both a vampire and a werewolf? That would be up to the vampire and werewolf ambassadors to decide. And, if it's possible that a vampire/werewolf can exist, then it would also be up to those two ambassadors to decide what a combination vampire/werewolf's powers would be like, which abilities/weaknesses are strengthened and which are cancelled out, etc. In any case, though, this vampire/werewolf wouldn't need to be a whole new entry on the race list, becasue it really isn't a whole new race unto itself -- just the consequence of overlap between two existing races.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean by this here,

where all created by players (and already existing) races
Where you create a distinction between races created by players and "existing" races. Because, in this context... there really is none. All of the races that would be on the race list would have some sort of player ambassador. Races like vampires and werewolves (easy examples that they are) would not be present in the RP, and therefore wouldn't be on the race list, until a player comes along who actually wants to play a vampire or werewolf, and then creates the lore for that race. Therefore, there's really no distinction between "player-created" and "existing-races" at that point. All of them were really "created" by their respective ambassadors. It's just that, with a race like vampires, the ambassador's contribution is to decide how exactly their interpretation of vampires is going to work, since vampire lore is certainly not wholly consistent by any stretch of the imagination, and there's quite a bit of variation in all of the strengths and weaknesses that may-or-may-not apply to vampires in their various interpretations.

I'm thinking you may have been confused by me saying that players can "make their own race" or "work with an existing one" or something along those lines. But, that was only to clarify that players who want to "create" a new race have the option of either creating something totally from scratch, or working with something that already exists in mythology (again, like vampires) and just solidifying how exactly vampires will work in this RP -- therefore making that player the ambassador of the vampires because they're the one who wrote all the rules for them.

...Or, you also may have been thinking of all the times when I've said that a player can either make a character out of a race that's already on the race list, or introduce a new race... which is also a thing. And then, that new race can either be something that's totally from scratch or something out of existing mythology... BUT, the point is, on the actual race list of the RP, there is no distinction between races that were made from scratch and races from existing mythology. All of them have ambassadors who solidified their rules. And if a race such as vampires doesn't have an ambassador yet, then vampires simply wouldn't be on the list of races in the first place.

Jeez, sorry for being confusing. >~< Let me know how much of that made sense and how much I still have to clarify...

Might need to add a big bold note about that come OOC time.
I'm actually thinking that the OOC won't reference TJA at all. Or if it does, it would be very briefly and not exactly front-and-center. And it certainly wouldn't link to the TJA Wikia -- which I didn't even have any reason to do here and I only posted it because I was amused by Google autofill results which then went off on a tangent into "oh yeah we had a Wikia isn't that crazy". The point is, not posting a link to TJA's races will hopefully ease a lot of confusion in the OOC...

But I probably should add a bold note about that to this thread, given the confusion about it. And I should also probably delete the post where I linked to the Wikia. I just haven't done that yet because I've been too busy explaining my poor word choices, aaand I'd really like to make lunch for myself at some point. >~<

I believe I'm going to need to bow out of this one @Kagayours There's too many players for my comfort. I do hope this rp goes well and has a good long run~
Alright then. Good luck with your future RP's. ^^

I AM NOW ACCEPTING CO-GM'S FOR THIS RP, because it has occurred to me that I really can't run 4 RP's on my own like this. @_@

Thankfully, unlike with something like, say, Altera, I imagine that this RP would make it a lot easier to share some of the workload with someone else... so having a co-GM could actually work out rather well.

Anyone who's interested in co-GMing: either post here or PM me letting me know that you're interested, preferably also including a quick overview of some ways that you think you could help me. We'll work out the details later -- right now I just want to make sure that I actually have some volunteers. @_@

I AM NOW ACCEPTING CO-GM'S FOR THIS RP, because it has occurred to me that I really can't run 4 RP's on my own like this. @_@

Thankfully, unlike with something like, say, Altera, I imagine that this RP would make it a lot easier to share some of the workload with someone else... so having a co-GM could actually work out rather well.

Anyone who's interested in co-GMing: either post here or PM me letting me know that you're interested, preferably also including a quick overview of some ways that you think you could help me. We'll work out the details later -- right now I just want to make sure that I actually have some volunteers. @_@
I'll absolutely volunteer to co-GM this....assuming this is one of those RPs where you can still play as a GM. I really wanna play this. I'd offer to help with Altera as well, but that one has a vision that I don't wanna tread upon.

Anyways, I can (probably) help with the following:
  • Write the OOC.
  • Handle updates for both the race and character lists.
  • Resolve minor disputes.
  • Answer questions like "is this still open to newbies."
  • Repeatedly nag people with pings until they finally give in to my impatience and get around to posting.
  • Simplify info with bullet points. I love bullet points.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Kagayours
I'll absolutely volunteer to co-GM this....assuming this is one of those RPs where you can still play as a GM. I really wanna play this. I'd offer to help with Altera as well, but that one has a vision that I don't wanna tread upon.

Anyways, I can (probably) help with the following:
  • Write the OOC.
  • Handle updates for both the race and character lists.
  • Resolve minor disputes.
  • Answer questions like "is this still open to newbies."
  • Repeatedly nag people with pings until they finally give in to my impatience and get around to posting.
  • Simplify info with bullet points. I love bullet points.
SOUNDS GOOD TO ME, glad to have you aboard. O_O I'll probably PM you about specific things you can help with in a day or two.

Seriously though, thanks so much for the help! ^^"

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME, glad to have you aboard. O_O I'll probably PM you about specific things you can help with in a day or two.

Seriously though, thanks so much for the help! ^^"
No problem; you've been one of the most dedicated of the GMs I've had, so I'd love to help where I can.

Woah, ok. I'm finally back from my trip to a place called the "real world". (My advice is to never take a vacation there)

I'm super excited about this rp!!!! I've mostly come up with a race, just working on tweaking it a little. I'm so excited to learn about others ideas as well!

Ooooh, this looks like a crazily chaotic party I wanna join! (I skimmed through all those pages, and kinda-sorta fell in love with the whole thing along the way >.<).

Anyhow, this is great, I'd love to join, and it's very nice to meet you all. (Sorry if this seems really rude I just need sleep I swear I'm a bit more complete with my thoughts when fully awake).

Reactions: Luma
Ooooh, this looks like a crazily chaotic party I wanna join! (I skimmed through all those pages, and kinda-sorta fell in love with the whole thing along the way >.<).

Anyhow, this is great, I'd love to join, and it's very nice to meet you all. (Sorry if this seems really rude I just need sleep I swear I'm a bit more complete with my thoughts when fully awake).
Nice to meet you too. I agree, this sounds like a fun, crazy, silly sort of RP.

Reactions: Raven Haruka
Uh...
Hello... Um...this is awkward...
Is this possibly still open?
Hi! Welcome aboard!

nice to meet you as well!

Reactions: Raven Haruka
Heh... even a small college needs students. More students....... :book:

Status
Not open for further replies.