Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to have a dragon.

This is all.

I'll go back to lurking now.

RAAAAAWWWWWRRRRR!!!

*pops out of the bushes*

I would like to have the fae realms! Thank you.

*hides again*

I would like to have the fae realms! Thank you.
o3o Wait, I'm a bit confused. Are you just reserving the fae race? Or would there be a realm attached to that race that you'd also like to reserve?

It's ok if there is -- I just want to make sure I understand you and that there aren't any typos happening here or anything. ^^"

I won't lay any claims to a common race ^~^ mine's going to be an original one (well, as original as it can be, I'm sure I'm not some magical genius)

Reactions: Raven Haruka
o3o Wait, I'm a bit confused. Are you just reserving the fae race? Or would there be a realm attached to that race that you'd also like to reserve?

It's ok if there is -- I just want to make sure I understand you and that there aren't any typos happening here or anything. ^^"
I meant race. RACE. I want to reserve the fae race.

this dinosaur just woke up soooo she's not thinking straight. Don't try to feed her with breakfast or you'll be her breakfast

Meh, close enough.

View attachment 115876

My boy Alolan Exeggutor (Read NECKNECK) is a dragon type.
Dude, spoilers. I mean, I've seen it, but... xP

Anyway, races: I'd like to reserve a race of beings that somebody suggested calling 'Ghostkeepers'. The name fits well enough, but as for how to describe the race... it's difficult. I like to think of them as a type of 'dark angel' or guardian; more details will of course be forthcoming, but I think the (not-yet-fully-fleshed-out) concept of them is unique enough that I don't need to worry about similarities with other potential races. ^^

The main issues I'm still having is with the race's lore and behavior, FYI. Buuuut I'm sure I'll figure it out soon enough.

Also, two questions, that might actually have been answered already... but:
1) Can we reserve multiple races? (within reason ofc)
2) Are we allowed to base races on existing races in books, movies, video games, and so on?

I meant race. RACE. I want to reserve the fae race.

this dinosaur just woke up soooo she's not thinking straight. Don't try to feed her with breakfast or you'll be her breakfast
^^" That's fine. This is why I asked.

1) Can we reserve multiple races? (within reason ofc)
Well first of all, I don't want reserving races to be a common practice in general. This is just a one-time thing that's a special perk for being with us from the interest check stage. o3o

Secondly, there's really no reason to reserve a race that isn't a common, pre-existing one. The idea behind reserving races is that, if you want to be the ambassador for a well-known race (like... orcs (I am so sick of talking about vampires ok)), reserving it will make sure no one claims that race before you can.

Your 'Ghostkeeper' idea is fine, there's just no reason to reserve it, since it's not a common name that someone would take from you. ^^"

2) Are we allowed to base races on existing races in books, movies, video games, and so on?
Ehhh... I say no.

Reasons:
  1. Lots of people don't like fandom RP's, so I don't want the presence of 'fandom races' to be a turnoff that drives away potential players.
  2. Even with "pre-existing" races like... yetis, someone still has to take up the role of ambassador to decide what is and isn't canon -- hammering out the details for them and all that. If you're just basing a race idea off of a specific canon that already has clear rules, then you could wind up with other fans of that same series actually debating the ambassador about the finer points of that race's lore. It's totally possible that an ambassador could miss/forget about some obscure detail in the canon that might have certain implications for how a race should function, and when someone realizes that the ambassador forgot about that detail, they can come in and out-nerd said ambassador with an "um, actually" moment... and I feel like all of that really undermines the whole point of having ambassadors in the first place.
You can still of course take inspiration from an existing race like that -- just don't say that your race definitively is a race that you copied from a book/movie/etc.

• Thank You
Reactions: Eru
@Neobullseye @chaosheart13 @AnimeLover_Princess @Eruantien @Clownpiece @Fancy Turtle @Kit-n-Kat @Lord Snow @gamer5 @Roose Hurro @Yorika @Eon @AIHallowRose @EddiEddi @DANAsaur @RecentlyInsaneRussian @Raven Haruka

As per @Luma's suggestion, I'm tagging you all to ask if there are any 'common' pre-existing races (like vampires, werewolves, etc) that you wanted to claim ambassadorship for. We can reserve them for you as a special thank-you for joining us so early.

I'd like to ask, though, that you only reserve a race if you're really strongly considering claiming that race. It's ok if you're not 100% decided yet -- I just don't want a ton of common races to be reserved by you guys if you don't have very many ideas for them and it was just a vague little thought in the back of your mind.

Still, the point remains, if there's a common race that you really want to do -- let us know and we'll reserve it for you before the OOC goes up. ^^
the one I was planning isn't really common but i'll throw it out anyway just in case

it was a sorta adaption of the Japanese Yuki-Oona myth (or Snow woman) but like a proper race with a male and female with distinct differences between the genders and even slight power differences depending on those same genders

I actually have like lore for them already too

Reactions: Kagayours
OHMYSTARS!
WHY AM I ALWAYS ASLEEP WHEN EVERYTHING INTERESTING HAPPENS?!?!
Ahem
Anyways, i would like to reserve Slavic variation of mermaid (not the one which is chicken with the head of woman XD). And, well, maybe Medusas (Women with snakes instead of hair)?
I plan two original races, and two claimed races.
@Kagayours

Reactions: Luma
OHMYSTARS!
WHY AM I ALWAYS ASLEEP WHEN EVERYTHING INTERESTING HAPPENS?!?!
Ahem
Anyways, i would like to reserve Slavic variation of mermaid (not the one which is chicken with the head of woman XD). And, well, maybe Medusas (Women with snakes instead of hair)?
I plan two original races, and two claimed races.
Kagayours
Can you even RP 4 races at once...? That's a ton.

Can you even RP 4 races at once...? That's a ton.
Well, my two original race are not like two different...
Ugh, idk how to explain...
Wait! You know, that many scientists think that Homo Sapines is a distant sibling of pre-historic species of monkey. Some types of monkey started evolving progressively, while some were not.
I plan something like that between my two original races - one is evolutionary and progressive version of another.

Well, my two original race are not like two different...
Ugh, idk how to explain...
Wait! You know, that many scientists think that Homo Sapines is a distant sibling of pre-historic species of monkey. Some types of monkey started evolving progressively, while some were not.
I plan something like that between my two original races - one is evolutionary and progressive version of another.
I was referring more to the idea of roleplaying 4 characters at once haha. I'm sure you could handle creating 4 races, but actively writing for them all is another thing.

One minute though... @DANAsaur , when you say 'Fae', do you just mean the general "little girl/supermodel with wings" fairy or something else? Because 'Fae' is a pretty wide nomer which includes actual fairies, but also kobolds, pixies and much more, not to mention any possible elemental subclassification.

Would have been in this discussion earlier today, but had internet troubles (all fixed now). As for reservations, well, I only do original critters, nothing based on anything else, really. So I'm just set and waiting to see what format you want the info in, then I can just slap my Nism "lore" in place, and go from there.

Still... heh... to be official and all, I claim "Nisms".

One minute though... @DANAsaur , when you say 'Fae', do you just mean the general "little girl/supermodel with wings" fairy or something else? Because 'Fae' is a pretty wide nomer which includes actual fairies, but also kobolds, pixies and much more, not to mention any possible elemental subclassification.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure about what kind of fae I'm going for yet. I might make a slyph or a pixie. Maybe a regular fairy. I don't know. I'm still indecisive but I do know that I want to make a fae >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.