Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you even RP 4 races at once...? That's a ton.
Yeeeaaah I was a bit worried about this, too. o_o Just letting people RP four characters right off the bat seems like a bit much to me. Maybe you should stick with like, one or two races to start with...?

I mean, you can add more later if you can handle what you already have.

Can I ask, what if our race has a common name?

Like, the race I'd like to add to this rp, in my story they're referred to as Spirits (or Ones)

Can I ask, what if our race has a common name?

Like, the race I'd like to add to this rp, in my story they're referred to as Spirits (or Ones)
How similar are they to a typical ghost? If they're unique enough, you outta give 'em a unique name.

Edit: by unqiue, I mean distinct. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
How similar are they to a typical ghost? If they're unique enough, you outta give 'em a unique name.

Edit: by unqiue, I mean distinct. Sorry about that.
^ Seconding this.

They're not very similar to ghosts. They're more like.. a race consisting of human torches (like the fantastic 4 guy) just humanoids that can take a fire form

They're not very similar at all. They're more like.. a race consisting of human torches (like the fantastic 4 guy)
Ah. Then yeah, it would be best to give them a different name.

Also @AnimeLover_Princess, this really isn't a hugely important detail, but, you said you wanted to reserve the 'Yuki Oona' race, although I'm nearly certain it's supposed to be spelled 'Yuki Onna'. And it seems I'm not alone on that front. Soooo I just wanted to confirm that what you said was just a spelling error, and that it isn't spelled differently for a reason or anything.

Reactions: Kagayours
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Yay! I'll start working on my race right away!

oh but so you guys know, Kaga this goes for my other two rps with you as well
I head up to my college to start getting settled in tomorrow, I'll try to hop on when I can but I don't know how frequent that will be, and my first class is monday
I promise I won't just disappear though!

• Useful
Reactions: Kagayours and Luma
I leave for a day and you people go nuts!!!!!
I may have been gone longer than a day though.....

Anywho, I'm not really claiming a main stream race. I've, for lack of a better word, created my own. They are called Synthos/Athys. Makes more sense once you read about them~

Sorry fr being late to the party!

I leave for a day and you people go nuts!!!!!
I may have been gone longer than a day though.....

Anywho, I'm not really claiming a main stream race. I've, for lack of a better word, created my own. They are called Synthos/Athys. Makes more sense once you read about them~

Sorry fr being late to the party!
:P Did you see the link to the OOC?

Just got back from grocery shopping... still have a few things to do, but will be working on it shortly.

Name singular: Yuki
Name plural: Yuki

Lifespan:
average lifespan of a bonded pair of Yuki is 200 years, an unbonded Yuki is only around a hundred but the oldest known Yuki was a little of 250 years old. They don't age quite the same as humans so in theory if a Yuki got all the nutrients it needed and was well-protected it could live several hundred years.

Short description:
they are creatures of ice and snow that feed off the energies of the living.

the powers of a yuki will differ slightly based on it's gender. The strength of a Yuki's powers will also depend on its age, older Yuki are stronger and have more control.

male:
a male Yuki's powers are more combat oriented as well as more focused on ice then snow.
-Their most commonly used ability would be 'Ice blade' in which they fashion a blade from any snow or ice in their vicinity, if in dire straits they can use water and freeze it but it won't be as effective.
-A strong male Yuki can summon a minor storm front, which can lead to snow or rain.
-Male Yuki can temporarily give life to an ice creation (think Olaf from frozen but ice). To do this the Yuki effectively takes a piece of his soul and places it in the creature, temporarily weakening his own powers and body. When the creature is destroyed or the magic dispels that strength is returned to the Yuki.
-Male Yuki do have minor control over ice itself. In a very icy area they can morph the ice around them, attacking with their very surroundings.

Female:
Females' powers are similar but based more on defense and more focused on snow.
-Female Yuki have the ability to call snow storms, though the storm is proportional to the Yuki's power. A child would create a single cloud, an ancient could cover the entire mountain in a blizzard.
-Similar to the male's 'ice blade' ability, female Yuki can solidify the snow into a sort of spear that they use if they are forced into actual melee combat.
-Yuki can create illusions from snow, they can look like a house, or a person, or even (for very Yuki) entire towns. But the effect is only visual and auditory, there are no smells attached to the illusions and if they are examined to closely you can tell that they are not real (though the strong the Yuki and the more concentrated it is, the harder it is to tell) and there is no actual substance to the illusion, if touched it will crumble away as snow (for larger illusions, it will crumble where touched and generally the Yuki will release the rest of the illusion). This is often used as a tactic to get enemies lost in the snow.
-A powerful Yuki can cast a cloud of snow over a town that puts the inhabitants to sleep. A less powerful Yuki can put maybe a handful of people to sleep, though usually they are not capable of even that until they reach maturity.

Both: the two genders have a few abilities in common
-they have an ability to charm living creatures, making them more willing to listen to the Yuki. Strong-willed people and races are less likely to be effected and it can't effective mechanical creatures at all.
-Yuki also have the ability to go incorporeal for a short period of time, generally to give themselves a chance to run away from an enemy they can't defeat, or to scare someone.

the male and female Yuki are very different. They look very similar to Asiatic humans, with the same obvious physical differences between the genders but there is more than just that.

The male Yuki is very solid and generally very muscular, while at the same time his skin will often be tinted grey or blue, and his lips are generally some shade of blue. Male Yuki look very similar to a hypothermic human male except that their eyes are one solid color, the shade may very but will always be some version of blue. Their average height is around 5'9", taller than normal Asiatic humans. They always have black hair (the length is entirely up to the Yuki in question).

The female Yuki are more ghostly looking then their counterpart, generally being exceptionally pale and will have a quality that makes them seem almost translucent though they are very much there. All female Yuki are said to be exceptionally beautiful regardless of age. They generally have very long black hair (though this is cultural preference rather than a physiological necessity). The shade can vary from raven to midnight black. Their eyes arms more human than the males, actually having pupils but the actual color is identical in that it is one unbroken shade of blue. The average height of a female Yuki is 5'6".

Yuki always bear twins, and almost always it will be a male and a female (though single sex twins have occurred). The Yuki children will follow the same growth rate of the average human child but their growth slows considerably after the age of 20. The gestation period of a Yuki is a year, rather than the 9 months of a human.

(I wrote it all in 'story style' but it's actually true)

The Yuki were said to have come into being when a man was trapped in a terrible blizzard in the mountains and froze, but his determination to live was so strong that his soul separated from his body and took the form of a woman made of snow, who breathed life into his corpse, creating a man of ice. The pair retreated far into the mountains where they begot two children, one male and one female, who themselves later had 8, 4 male and 4 female. These children scattered into the mountains, pairing off, the male protecting the female while she got them sustenance. They then had children of their own, who themselves left home and scattered.

It is said that every Yuki has a perfect partner in another Yuki somewhere, that when these perfect pairs come together they will be stronger than ever before and live longer. Most Yuki don't believe this because they will often pair off with the most available Yuki that fits their needs, and some go their entire lives never pairing up and looking for that perfect one. Once a Yuki pair has been formed, it cannot be broken, if one were to die, the other would follow. However, Yuki can live and work together without being bonded, it requires an active effort on both Yuki's side to form a bond.

Communities:
Yuki communities are not uncommon, though there are rarely more than 10 in a household. As Yuki must be near some form of life other than other Yuki to sustain themselves, and the more there is in one place the harder it is for them all to feed without killing people. Yuki generally don't kill people, while it will happen with careless young ones or starving Yuki it is not especially common.

However sometimes this can cause nearby human villages/towns/cities to blame everything that goes wrong on the Yuki and they are often hunted, hence the need for pairings as the female Yuki are generally physically weak, but the male Yuki cannot as easily gain the nutrition they need being closer to human than their counterparts.

The Yuki population is not necessarily high, but they are not considered endangered by any stretch.

Realm: the Yuki come from the mountains of earth.

Feeding habits:
Yuki feed in a fashion similar to vampires. Instead of biting however they have to come into physical contact with human and draw the energy out of them, this makes the victim weak and generally tired. The easiest way to do this is a kiss, especially for younger Yuki still learning how to do it as they can use an intake of breath to help train themselves on pulling the energy from their victims. The older Yuki merely need to touch their victim with a hand.

The Yuki are effectively split up into a body and a soul, the male and the female. 'perfect' pairings are when they are in fact the soul that 'belongs' to the body and vice versa. Perfect pairings will be nearly identical, minor differences in height and then of course the skin tone and eye differences always happen.

'imperfect' pairs are when the body and soul do not match but they chose to bond anyway.

Pairings need not be romantic, pairings generally lead to children but that is more out of a need to increase their population then an actual want for children.

When a pair of Yuki are bonded, they are connected on a physiological level. When one is injured the other can feel their pain and vice versa. In a pairing, when one Yuki gains energy then can transfer some to their partner. Paired Yuki are always stronger than unpaired Yuki and the status of their pairing (how compatible they are) decides how much stronger they are. Paired Yuki are less likely to wander then unpaired Yuki. The younger a pairing is made the stronger the Yuki will be in the long run.

Um. This is the interest check thread.

It would be best for you to post this on the OOC. o.o

Status
Not open for further replies.