Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

MoFaWRR.png

"Hey now, I'm the one who's been out of action for a while." The white-haired boy brandished his knife. "You should let me at him, to vent out my stress, THEN we let the vampire guy have him." Unknown looked at Vlad with a somewhat incredulous expression, "You are a proper vampire, right? This isn't a Halloween joke?"

"I think people who look as old as you dressing up for Halloween is kind of... ah, lame."

MaC2HVE.png

"Maybe I'll be nice this once. Simon, are you interested in finding true happiness? We're always looking for sad, sad people like you who don't see the truth. Yes... salvation is the best thing for anybody. It's like having Christmas everyday-"

"Mood killer. But I guess you're right." He turned to look at Simon with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "But my offer stands, unless you want to get murdered by old-man-vampire here, or anime girl Ripper, or... a doll."

@Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @BarrenThin @York @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah
"Fine! Fine. How's about we reach ourselves a little mutual agreement over who gets what?" Chucky asked as he looked between Vlad, Jack, and Unknown.

"I got dibs on his head. Best part in my opinion. You guys can have anything below that if shitface over there fucks up again. Sound good?" Chucky asked, clearly seeing nothing wrong with betting away Simon's life like it was nothing.

@BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @York @Jeremi @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk
XRvfe1g.png

"What? No way, dolly. I want the head- or at least the brain. That's where all the good stuff is. Wonder if I can hook him to a computer and make him into the perfect disciple for the Savior...?" he pondered. "We're in need for more... intelligent believers these days, with that fucking redhead around."

"Fine, you can have his fuckin brain so you can make it a part of your little fucked up cult." Chucky said, being perfectly contempt with this as long as he could keep the head

j23VY.jpg

"I don't wanna kill him cause he threw the rock, you fucking moron. I wanna kill him because I enjoy killing people. Helps relieve stress." Chucky said to Theo matter-of-factly. He didn't need a reason for killing Simon, or anyone for that matter. Why can't he murder because it's just something he enjoys doing.

orn9j.jpg

"But... you do have a point. The more people alive, the better. Only cause if some freak asshole with a chainsaw shows up and tries to gut us, we'll know who to use as bait."

Turning to Simon, Chucky would point his scythe at his face before continuing.
"But don't think this lets you off the hook too easy, pal. If you do something dumb like throwing that rock again, I'll cut your fuckin head off. Not cause I care, but cause I don't think Vlad over there won't like it too much, which means I can decapitate you and still get my sweet ass immortality." With that, Chucky slung the scythe back over his shoulder and walked over to a nearby wall.

@Sen @LuckycoolHawk9 @York @Jeremi @BarrenThin @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk

Vlad watched as what he had to say on the matter of not killing him, which essentially amounted to what Chucky said before the argument about gore, was utterly ignored. Clasping his hands behind his back, the Vampire watched them argue with an ever-deepening frown. When they finally stopped, the King of Sylvania nodded and then began searching for the source of the banging again.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Station​

Theo Raeken

Theo shrugged when Sherry asked if they should follow them. It had been their choice to form a group and go off on the own. He wasn't particularly invested in following them, seeing all three of them had gotten on his nerves. If they were dead, he hadn't been the one to tell to take that path. He was more keen on taking the down path, but there was nothing he could have done to change his mind.

Theo hadn't heard the sound, as he had not been paying attention, but he imagined that if the others had heard it, it was bound to be stupid or the like of being scary. He turned when Sherry said she would go and check the noise. He shrugged and decided to follow them.

" It's good to see you are alive.... most of us are down here in the tunnels, most of the group. Are all of you okay?"
He asked her, repeating Sherry's comment.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Varus
@Darkseide @Josh M @Jeremi @Cabin - Left Group

"Hmph."

Varus wasn't particularly happy when he found a dead end. More time was wasted. Now he and his allies would have to hurry up and go down the way Theo and Yuri went.

Before leaving, however, he focused his attention on the sleeping alcove. What kind of person would sleep here, of all places?

He searched the alcove for anything of note. He hoped to find something so this venture wouldn't be a complete waste of time.

(If he didn't find anything, he would turn back.)

Varus would find after a quick look around the area a sledgehammer hidden under the makeshift bet.Otherwise there didn't seem to be much else left other then the music box.

@Otto @Darkseid @Josh M

Vlad watched as what he had to say on the matter of not killing him, which essentially amounted to what Chucky said before the argument about gore, was utterly ignored. Clasping his hands behind his back, the Vampire watched them argue with an ever-deepening frown. When they finally stopped, the King of Sylvania nodded and then began searching for the source of the banging again.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Station​

The banging had finally seemed to stop when they had met up with the others, though perhaps it was for the best, whatever could cause that sound was probably not friendly.

Hearing the apology escape from her boyfriend's lips was like a tug at her heartstrings. Makoto gripped onto his coat, unmoving for a moment as she would take in the scent of coffee that always seemed to linger with him. She couldn't allow herself to be so hard on him. He had suffered just as he had. And, thinking about things from his perspective, the girl realized that it probably had been horrifying for him to watch her die. It's no wonder he hadn't been thinking straight and had stayed behind to fight until his own death. Knowing this, she realized it was selfish of her to take out her frustration on him.

Sighing, Queen pulled back and placed her hand on his arm where she had punched him, smoothing her thumb over the spot. "I'm sorry too, Akira." For the time being, she also dropped his codename. Saying his real name right now honestly made her feel more at ease. It was a welcome feeling after how stressed out she had just been before waking up. "The sight you witnessed was probably horrific for you."

She retracted her hand to tuck a lock of brown hair behind one of her ears. Afterwards, she reached up and tenderly smoothed a few locks of his own dark hair out of his eyes before resting her hand on his cheek again. "But it's okay. We're both okay and we're together. That's all that matters," she said, also hoping to comfort him. With her free hand she took off her own mask, so he could more clearly see her face. She looked in his eyes, emotions displaying relief yet also a bit of worry. Akira appeared downhearted and it was hard to see him like that. "I won't ever leave you again," she vowed softly. "I promise."

Hearing what the man in the room would say, the girl turned to look at him, reddish-brown eyes widening in surprise. "Excuse me, did you just say we were in some kind of simulation?" she questioned, baffled. "I-I guess that might make sense considering where we woke up, but... god, when I 'died' if felt so real and painful," she said, shivering at the thought. "How in the world did we end up in some kind of simulation?" she questioned.

@Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi
Sherry yelped in surprise in hearing Grell shouting. "Grell?" She responded in surprise. "You guys stay here I'll check it out." With that she made her way down the tunnel that she heard Grell's voice from and soon enough she was standing at the bottom of the stairs looking up at Grell. "Grell! You're alright! What about the others?"

@Yun Lee

The scientist had a confused look on his face. "Um...d-don't you remember? You signed up for it."

@Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"It's alright. I really am a little too reckless when I become passionate," Akira replied with a further grimace as she brought up the traumatic display that had led to their separation. However, the feel of her hand parting his hair so they could both gaze at each other without their masks soothed his pain somewhat, his dashing smile returning as he leaned in to get her a quick peck on the head, "I know, Makoto. A queen never leaves her subjects willing."

Realizing that there was another man in the room with them besides the rather sweethearted creature that had defended Makoto (one that he would have to find a bag of treats for), Joker untangled himself from his lovers' arms. Focus was what they needed for now, despite how wonderful being in her arms again was. "Right, I highly doubt Queen here would sign up for something like this under any circumstances," He replied to the man with a scowl, clearly disbelieving him, "I might be in it for some thrill if I had my awareness that it was fake. Makoto, though? She's not as stupid as I am."

"If everyone else is smart, they should be following behind me," Grell replied. "Well, almost everyone-Queen and her boyfriend died, as did that sock animal. They were rather careless. How many died with all of you?"

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9

Theo Raeken

Theo paused and counted in his head to remind himself of how many had died in his group. " Zero, we just found this cabin in the woods and the five of us are fine...." Theo paused when she mentioned that Kuro had died. Fuck, he had been hoping to befriend the little monster.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Varus
Varus would find after a quick look around the area a sledgehammer hidden under the makeshift bet.Otherwise there didn't seem to be much else left other then the music box.
Upon finding the sledgehammer, he smiled, but stopped shortly after. The hammer would prove to be very useful, but he preferred ranged weapons.

He picked it up and moved it around in order to get a feel for the weapon. It wasn't too heavy to him thanks to his corrupted flesh giving him more strength.

"Quickly, we must regroup with the others," he exclaimed, clearly in a hurry.

He turned back and tried to find Theo and Yuri.

Last edited:
"It's alright. I really am a little too reckless when I become passionate," Akira replied with a further grimace as she brought up the traumatic display that had led to their separation. However, the feel of her hand parting his hair so they could both gaze at each other without their masks soothed his pain somewhat, his dashing smile returning as he leaned in to get her a quick peck on the head, "I know, Makoto. A queen never leaves her subjects willing."

Realizing that there was another man in the room with them besides the rather sweethearted creature that had defended Makoto (one that he would have to find a bag of treats for), Joker untangled himself from his lovers' arms. Focus was what they needed for now, despite how wonderful being in her arms again was. "Right, I highly doubt Queen here would sign up for something like this under any circumstances," He replied to the man with a scowl, clearly disbelieving him, "I might be in it for some thrill if I had my awareness that it was fake. Makoto, though? She's not as stupid as I am."

"W-What are you talking about?" The scientist looked at the two as if they had two heads. "Weren't you on a simulated s-spa resort?"

"If everyone else is smart, they should be following behind me," Grell replied. "Well, almost everyone-Queen and her boyfriend died, as did that sock animal. They were rather careless. How many died with all of you?"

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9

Theo Raeken

Theo paused and counted in his head to remind himself of how many had died in his group. " Zero, we just found this cabin in the woods and the five of us are fine...." Theo paused when she mentioned that Kuro had died. Fuck, he had been hoping to befriend the little monster.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

That was not the news Sherry wanted to hear. "That's horrible!" The penalty of splitting up was a hard one. "Yeah, we got attacked by a monstrous fish but...oh Jesus. What killed them?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee

Varus

Upon finding the sledgehammer, he smiled, but stopped shortly after. The hammer would prove to be very useful, but he preferred ranged weapons.

He picked it up and moved it around in order to get a feel for the weapon. It wasn't too heavy to him thanks to his corrupted flesh giving him more strength.

"Quickly, we must find the others," he exclaimed, clearly in a hurry.

He turned back and tried to find Theo and Yuri.

Going bad to were he had started Varus would hear chatter from the people gathered there and soon enough he found himself back where they started with their numbers bolstered considerably.

@Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Darkseide @Josh M @Station

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9
3ec7338e96dba5b09864c9055bbebc0167aaec54_hq.gif

"Jesus, why couldn't you have died with em?" Chucky asked aloud from the bottom of the steps, disliking Grell in particular. Honestly, if it weren't for that damn immortality deal, Chucky would have stabbed Grell in her throats as soon as he got that steak knife. But alas, here she was, alive and well at the top of the staircase.

"Well hurry up and get the fuck down here so we can move on." Chucky said, having grown tired of this damn station.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Minerva @Atomyk @Crow @Sen @York @Archmage Jeremiah

Sherry yelped in surprise in hearing Grell shouting. "Grell?" She responded in surprise. "You guys stay here I'll check it out." With that she made her way down the tunnel that she heard Grell's voice from and soon enough she was standing at the bottom of the stairs looking up at Grell. "Grell! You're alright! What about the others?"

@Yun Lee

The scientist had a confused look on his face. "Um...d-don't you remember? You signed up for it."

"W-What are you talking about?" The scientist looked at the two as if they had two heads. "Weren't you on a simulated s-spa resort?"

That was not the news Sherry wanted to hear. "That's horrible!" The penalty of splitting up was a hard one. "Yeah, we got attacked by a monstrous fish but...oh Jesus. What killed them?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee

Going bad to were he had started Varus would hear chatter from the people gathered there and soon enough he found himself back where they started with their numbers bolstered considerably.

@Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Otto @Darkseide @Josh M @Station
"That is true," the student agreed, releasing a sigh. Akira was quite likely the most reckless person she had ever met in he entire life. His actions had caused her stress many times. If this continued--which she had a feeling it would--Makoto felt as if she would end up with a head of white hairs before she even reached thirty years of age. Still, he was more than worth it. She loved him for everything he was made up of--even the reckless parts of him. "Queen or not, I'd never willingly leave you," she added in response. She was more than happy to see that his smile had returned and found herself smiling back at him.

Queen would also break away from her embrace with Joker when she would hear the rest of what this man had to say to them. She placed a hand on one of her hips and raised an eyebrow. They had agreed to go into that crazy place? The thought didn't even seem right at all. "Spa resort? Okay, that place did not look like a spa resort to me. We were in a creepy town and then a creepy forest. A monster attacked us. That doesn't sound like any spa I've ever heard of."

tumblr_inline_o0vlvl2HPh1rxsf53_100.png

"An asshole," Ethan said curtly, appearing behind Grell, before eventually elaborating. "A real tough son of a bitch. Couldn't go down no matter how many times I got him with my ax. Came out of nowhere," he sighed, crossing his arms tiredly, "He... He was like a monster. Bigger than any man I'd ever fought before, that's for sure. If he's the one chasing us around, then we're in for some deep shit, let me tell you."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9

"That is true," the student agreed, releasing a sigh. Akira was quite likely the most reckless person she had ever met in he entire life. His actions had caused her stress many times. If this continued--which she had a feeling it would--Makoto felt as if she would end up with a head of white hairs before she even reached thirty years of age. Still, he was more than worth it. She loved him for everything he was made up of--even the reckless parts of him. "Queen or not, I'd never willingly leave you," she added in response. She was more than happy to see that his smile had returned and found herself smiling back at him.

Queen would also break away from her embrace with Joker when she would hear the rest of what this man had to say to them. She placed a hand on one of her hips and raised an eyebrow. They had agreed to go into that crazy place? The thought didn't even seem right at all. "Spa resort? Okay, that place did not look like a spa resort to me. We were in a creepy town and then a creepy forest. A monster attacked us. That doesn't sound like any spa I've ever heard of."

"T-That can't be right...I just thought..." He trailed off looking down at his pad again typing something in. "Oh no no no! This isn't right at all! T-the attack on the station...I-I don't know how it got worse but it just did."

tumblr_inline_o0vlvl2HPh1rxsf53_100.png

"An asshole," Ethan said curtly, appearing behind Grell, before eventually elaborating. "A real tough son of a bitch. Couldn't go down no matter how many times I got him with my ax. Came out of nowhere," he sighed, crossing his arms tiredly, "He... He was like a monster. Bigger than any man I'd ever fought before, that's for sure. If he's the one chasing us around, then we're in for some deep shit, let me tell you."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9

Sherry was familiar with huge hulking behemoths hunting and trying to murder you. "Then we just have to be extra careful from now on. Come with us to the train station and we'll figure something out from there."

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite

"T-That can't be right...I just thought..." He trailed off looking down at his pad again typing something in. "Oh no no no! This isn't right at all! T-the attack on the station...I-I don't know how it got worse but it just did."

Sherry was familiar with huge hulking behemoths hunting and trying to murder you. "Then we just have to be extra careful from now on. Come with us to the train station and we'll figure something out from there."

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite
"If it just got worse, shouldn't he be able to see what made it that way?" Joker whispered to Queen with a confused expression before shrugging and going along with the man's words. Taking a few steps so he could look over the technician's shoulder at the pad, the thief cocked a brow, "Funny, I didn't realize space spas were so much different than Japanese ones, what with the murder and such. Not even a single back massage for me and Queen, and no hot springs to speak of."

"Seriously though, how could it possibly get worse than murderers in the forest and mannequins coming to life to try and kill us?"

Some questions really shouldn't be asked.

Grell ignored Chucky.

"That thing had beartraps everywhere," she added. "Queen wound up in one, and even though we got her out she couldn't escape. The sock thing tried to distract the brute and Joker tried avenging his darling, but..." Grell spread her hands. "Only fire killed it, it seems."

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite

Theo Raeken

" Kuro- the sock creature's name was Kuro. Also, I am assuming that as burned as the forest, you saw him get engulfed in flames and die..... but somehow, I doubted that happen. I must ask for confirmation's sake. Did you see him breathe his last breath? It is still possible that he is alive if you didn't"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Verite

Grell ignored Chucky.

"That thing had beartraps everywhere," she added. "Queen wound up in one, and even though we got her out she couldn't escape. The sock thing tried to distract the brute and Joker tried avenging his darling, but..." Grell spread her hands. "Only fire killed it, it seems."
Theo Raeken

" Kuro- the sock creature's name was Kuro. Also, I am assuming that as burned as the forest, you saw him get engulfed in flames and die..... but somehow, I doubted that happen. I must ask for confirmation's sake. Did you see him breathe his last breath? It is still possible that he is alive if you didn't"
tumblr_inline_o0vlzgBKGN1rxsf53_100.png

"..."

Ethan hesitated initially to answer Theo, pursing his lips with a sigh for a moment, before eventually clearing his throat and speaking. "No... We didn't have time to go back and look for a body. So yeah," he nodded, putting his hands on his hips, "For all we know, it could still be alive. All the more reason to get a move on, I'd say. Lead the way then, Ms. Birkin," Ethan said, intending to follow Sherry wherever she'd lead the group. He didn't feel like dwelling on the monster, at least not when he could pop right up at any moment again to get them.

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore

Grell raised an eyebrow at Ethan's lie. Was he really going to try and protect this boy's feelings? Ugh. Humans were so strange...it was a good thing she hadn't stayed one for long.

"Yes, it would be smart to keep going. I'm sure the others will be joining us shortly." Unless, y'know, her fire ended up killing everyone. Oopsies.

@Jeremi @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9

"If it just got worse, shouldn't he be able to see what made it that way?" Joker whispered to Queen with a confused expression before shrugging and going along with the man's words. Taking a few steps so he could look over the technician's shoulder at the pad, the thief cocked a brow, "Funny, I didn't realize space spas were so much different than Japanese ones, what with the murder and such. Not even a single back massage for me and Queen, and no hot springs to speak of."

"Seriously though, how could it possibly get worse than murderers in the forest and mannequins coming to life to try and kill us?"

"T-The station is being attacked b-by Hell itself. Metaphorically, I-I guess." He replied as he corrected his glasses. "Let me try to explain. We contacted you all for an experiment with VR that we w-were going to sell on my world. Y-you were promised anything that you want...w-well almost everything. We're n-not miracle workers after all."

He tapped on the pad to show a diagnostic check. "When you were sent in another group in our science department was experimenting with black hole t-travel. T-that caused a rift in space time and unleashed hell on us j-just as we started our experiment here. Clearly there was a shock in the system that affected y-your short term memory and the scenario that was created for you to test. A-and when you've been in there most of the station has been overrun by m-monsters. I...I am one of the last humans left on the station, not counting you all o-of course."

Grell raised an eyebrow at Ethan's lie. Was he really going to try and protect this boy's feelings? Ugh. Humans were so strange...it was a good thing she hadn't stayed one for long.

"Yes, it would be smart to keep going. I'm sure the others will be joining us shortly." Unless, y'know, her fire ended up killing everyone. Oopsies.

@Jeremi @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9
"Alright, come on then." Shery lead them (and anyone else of the forest group that had arrived) back to the rest of the group who then once they had re-grouped headed back down to the station.

18th-Street-Subway-Station-IRT-6-Line-NYC-Steve-Duncan.jpg

The area hadn't changed any since their last visit but Sherry had been right about there having been a larger tunnel that seemed to be leading some place. "I think we should re-group here and try to figure out what's going on. Anyone agree with me?"

@dark @ThatAverageGuy @Kaykay @Crow @Lissamel @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Otto @Josh M @Darkseide @Station

"T-The station is being attacked b-by Hell itself. Metaphorically, I-I guess." He replied as he corrected his glasses. "Let me try to explain. We contacted you all for an experiment with VR that we w-were going to sell on my world. Y-you were promised anything that you want...w-well almost everything. We're n-not miracle workers after all."

He tapped on the pad to show a diagnostic check. "When you were sent in another group in our science department was experimenting with black hole t-travel. T-that caused a rift in space time and unleashed hell on us j-just as we started our experiment here. Clearly there was a shock in the system that affected y-your short term memory and the scenario that was created for you to test. A-and when you've been in there most of the station has been overrun by m-monsters. I...I am one of the last humans left on the station, not counting you all o-of course."

"Alright, come on then." Shery lead them (and anyone else of the forest group that had arrived) back to the rest of the group who then once they had re-grouped headed back down to the station.

18th-Street-Subway-Station-IRT-6-Line-NYC-Steve-Duncan.jpg

The area hadn't changed any since their last visit but Sherry had been right about there having been a larger tunnel that seemed to be leading some place. "I think we should re-group here and try to figure out what's going on. Anyone agree with me?"

@dark @ThatAverageGuy @Kaykay @Crow @Lissamel @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Otto @Josh M @Darkseide @Station
Queen folded her arms across her chest and nodded at Joker and whispered in reply, "If he's been here all this time then, well, yes." While this man knew more than they did, he honestly seemed a bit confused as to what was going on himself. Still, maybe they could get a few questions answered by talking to him some more. "To be honest, I had deja vu and thought I had woken up in Okumura's Palace," Queen admitted when Joker would talk about the space spa. She elbowed him afterwards. "Don't ask questions like that. I don't even want to imagine how this could get any worse."

She glanced to the frantic man again, listening to his story. "I appreciate you explaining this. It's okay, sir, just calm down." Makoto placed a hand thoughtfully against her chin. "This is... completely crazy. If there are monsters here and the others are still asleep in pods, shouldn't we wake them up and try to find a way to evacuate? In any case, since the three of us have woken up, if there is anything we can do to help you here we may as well try."

So it was a simulation. At first, Kuro was sad. He just wanted to disappear. But then why did he try to save Queen and Ethan? Kuro didn't understand. However, the more greater question was: what convinced Kuro to join the simulation program?

But that didn't matter for now. For now the station was seemingly under attack if the man was telling the truth.

"Yyyou..." Kuro tried to speak. "How to escape?"

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu