Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

Varus
@Josh M @Darkseide @Jeremi @Cabin - Left Group
Whatever the rest decided the ones heading left ended up walking through a corridor that twisted and turned making it seem like it went on forever under the blinking lights in the ceiling. After awhile though they'd hear something filling the air. Was that...music?
Varus slowed his pace as he began hearing strange noises. At first he thought it was something more sinister, but it turned out to just be foreign music. "Be careful. We do not know what we are walking into," he said to his companions.

He continued walking, but much more cautiously.

The steps lead up to another tunnel and the banging seemed to become louder and louder the further they went on. Soon enough though they could see shadows on the wall, was that the source of the noise?

"Well shit. Looks like someone was nice enough to put on a little shadow puppet show for us." Chucky said with a snarl before looking up at Jack.

latest

"Mind checking them things out for us, kid? I mean, it's the least you could do after tryin' to take my scythe and all."
The doll said to the young girl. There was no way in hell that he was gonna go over there. He knew better than that.

@Crow @Jeremi @BarrenThin @Sen @York @Atomyk @Takumi

"You assholes better watch your asses, cause I gotta hunch that we're about to run into some trouble." Chucky said to the group at large before approaching the steps as well, gripping his scythe tightly as he did so.

"Wonder if we'll find any dead bodies up here..." Chucky muttered, fully expecting to do so as he ascended up the steps as well.

@Jeremi @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @York @Atomyk @Takumi
The steps lead up to another tunnel and the banging seemed to become louder and louder the further they went on. Soon enough though they could see shadows on the wall, was that the source of the noise?

MaC2HVE.png

"Aren't you a little genius, how did you manage to figure that one out? Of course we're going to 'run into trouble'." He shook his head, clearly amused by the whole situation. "Like every shitty horror movie out there." Though at this point the banging was so loud he could barely hear himself think.

CxQTeG1.png

He stopped just as he saw the shadows on the walls, unsure what to do. Unknown wasn't the type to charge in headfirst. Maybe there was another way to see what the source of without facing it head on? He turned to look at Jack, then at their legs.

"Yeah, well that's what happens when your fetish gets too strong. If she tries anything, I'll put a stop to it." Chucky whispered in response to Vlad's statement.

ASPCB.jpg

(OOC: Chucky didn't really pull out his knife, this was just the best image I could find.)

"Yeah, well no one asked for your opinion, pig." Chucky said to Sherry before glancing over to Vlad and stepping over to his side. "My pal and I were having a private conversation. So why don't ya fuck off and go make out with your boyfriend over there?" The homicidal doll asked before gesturing over to Robert.

VYRok.jpg

"I don't, dumbass. I was making a joke. Forgot those are kinda foreign to you, ya goddamn rock."

"I don't think that dumb and dumber over there know what 'cautious' means." Chucky whispered to Vlad with a snicker, pointing at Robert and Seishen as he did so. Chucky then proceeded to draw his own knife and proceeded into the barn slowly and cautiously along with othe others.

The only way inside seemed to be at the front door, or well, where the front door would have been back when the house didn't look like it would fall at a seconds notice.

Peering inside he'd see a less pristine kitchen right in front of him. There seemed to have at some point in time been stairs leading to an upper floor but the entire staircase had rotten and fallen as a heap of murky wood on the ground. The floor seemed sturdy enough to walk on however so investigating the lower floor could still be done.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Darkseide @Josh M

Looking inside there did not seem to be any sort of traps around. It appeared to have been used for equines in how it was built like a stable of sorts. Rusty equipment like a scythe was hanging on the wall, fairly typical things in what you'd find in an abandoned barn.

One thing did stand out though and it was a pristine looking jukebox leaning against the wall on the other side. If only you had a coin to liven up the place.

Queen's protector did little to deter the cleaver that cut the sock in half and the force was so great that the cleaver slammed Kuro down on Queen's back and cleaved right through the Pokemon as well embedding it in Queen's back. Admiring his work for a bit the Trapper removed the cleaver from her back and slammed it down on her head.

In one swoop this monster of a man had eliminated two among them. At the moment the Trapper seemed spellbound looking down at his work so perhaps now was the time to make your escape.

45Im.jpg

"Ooohooohooohooo... lookey what we have here."
Chucky said with a chuckle as he pocketed his knife and made his way over to the scythe hanging on the wall. Despite it ring rusty, it wasn't any less sharp. Prime equipment for stabbing. Without hesitation, Chucky tried to grab the scythe.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Crow @York @Takumi @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge

95ky138.jpg

"Well, we are of the Assassin class," Jack says as she holds the pokes the scythe to see if there would be any reaction, before taking it, apparently at the same time that Chucky grabbed it.

@Jeremi @Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge​
chucky-chucky-25649979-1200-803.png

"GET YOUR OWN GODDAMN SCYTHE!!"
Chucky shouted, kicking Jack's knee before she could even touch the scythe.

@Crow @Jeremi
Jack kicks Chucky back after he had grabbed the scythe, then points a single blade at him.

9vu1Qvo.jpg

"Are you asking to be dismembered?"

@thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin
"I had the fuckin scythe first. Get your own, bitch." Chucky said, rolling away from the knife and grabbing for the scythe, hoping nothing would happen like the knife at the fireplace.

@Crow @Jeremi
D8Zu8DO.jpg

"..."

Jack walks away before it could escalate into a major showdown to the death.

@thatguyinthestore
What a bunch of children. "I think we have more important things to worry about then who gets a new weapon." The irritation in Sherry's voice was very evident. "Maybe you should give it to me, we're supposed to be working together, right?" Fat chance that was going to happen.

The light he had seen had mysteriously vanished. Despite everything having fallen to decay surprisingly the fridge was whirring softly like it was still getting electricity from somewhere.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Darkseide @Josh M

Some of the kindle actually started to smoke as the fire started to spread, but at the speed it was going it was going to take awhile before it spread through out the forest.

The Trapper staggered back from the attack but he quickly gained his footing again and slashed with his cleaver towads Joker.

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Verite @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ForestGroup

Queen woke up in a shock from a warm bed. Looking around she realized she was laying in a pod of some sort, and hers did not seemed to be the only one though they all seemed to be closed for now. She saw that another was open too that seemed to house Kuro who was also now awake.

sci-fi-interior-pack-3d-model-low-poly-animated-max-fbx-tga-unitypackage.png

While the part of the room you were in now seemed to house a multitude of these pods the other part was open and bare with but a single door leading out and a window staring into space.

Both of them realized also that their powers had return them. If you had died then where were you now?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @UnknownLocation​
Taking the scythe from the wall, Chucky grinned and slung it over his shoulder.

Cult-Of-Chucky-Director-Don-Mancini-Responds-Online.jpg

"Sorry toots. First come, first served." The doll replied, gripping it tightly in case anyone tried to take it by force.

@Jeremi @Crow @York @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Sen @Takumi @Bridge
As Theo was opening up the fridge door he'd hear a slam like a chair falling to the ground. If he looked up he'd notice the girl calling herself Yuri had landed on the ground from somewhere.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Darkseide @Josh M

"Of course, I should've known."
She snarked before making her way towards the jukebox to look it over.

@Crow @York @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Sen @Takumi @Bridge
Without saying a word, Robert slotted the coin he found into the jukebox. It had been a harrowing adventure to find the coin, so it was only fitting that Robert could use it for a simple pleasure.

ecPpw1w.png

"Any requests?" he asked.

@Jeremi @Crow @BarrenThin @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Barn
The attacks made the Trapper stumble to its knees but he was quickly back on his feet. Perhaps the man could be put down but they needed far more fire power to do so. He swung his cleaver at Joker trying to lodge it into the phantom thief's shoulder.

The swing of the door revealed that there was a blinking light inside, but Theo would need to open the door more to get a clearer look. With the angle he could see that there at least didn't seem to be any food inside or anything like that.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Darkseide @Josh M @HouseGroup

The jukebox whirred to life playing a slight country western tune. Sherry had come up to the jukebox now as well and noticed that most of the song choices remained dark but the number 66 was flickering on and off. "I hope you don't mind but I'll try that one."

Pressing the button caused no music to play but the jukebox whirred and clicked open revealing a passage leading down.

Seeing no sign of danger, Vlad entered the room. As for the scythe... well, it was a farming tool. His subjects used it to cut crops, when they managed to grow in Sylvania's corrupted soil. Even with his pride set aside, it simply wasn't a very practical weapon. Seeing as he didn't even know what a jukebox was, it only stood out to him because everyone else seemed to notice it.​

Vlad scowled at the both of them like a disappointed father, though he didn't say anything.

The vampire barely had time to marvel at the strange music box before Sherry pressed a button, and a passageway was revealed. "Well, that looks very, very safe, doesn't it, comrades?" With a wry chuckle, Vlad raised his knife once more and began stepping into the passageway, taking point. As with the barn, he did his best to watch for traps or structural failings.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge
Opening the door revealed a passage way leading down into the darkness.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Josh M @Darkseide

"After you."
Sherry allowed Vlad to go in first since he at least had something to defend himself with.

maxresdefault.jpg

The path seemed to lead down into some sort of tunnel system. It felt a but out of place from the other areas you'd visited as well. Was all of this built under the lake?

Suddenly the group would hear something coming from behind them. A red ball bounced past them and continued down the steps until it was enveloped by the dark and vanished.​

Seishin ignored Jack and Chucky as they fought, walking over to the jukebox that both Sherry and Robert were near. With the path opened to them he held his knife at the ready as he followed after Vlad. He'd let Sherry go before him that way she wouldn't be stuck in the back without a weapon if she wished.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Anybody I missed @Tunnel
Sherry turned around to check but there didn't seem to be anyone behind them. "Something is clearly messing with us," She replied moving along down with Vlad.

18th-Street-Subway-Station-IRT-6-Line-NYC-Steve-Duncan.jpg

Soon enough they reached the bottom, they seemed to be in some sort of abandoned station. "Why is something like this under a lake?"

The path down led into a set of tunnels one going to the left and the second one going further down.

@Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Darkseide
"Jesus Christ... another fucking station?" Chucky asked rhetorically with the scythe still slung over his shoulder.

@Jeremi @BarrenThin @Crow @Atomyk @Takumi @Sen @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Bridge
P5AYfsh.jpg

"Another station," Jack utters as she looked around. She looked around for the grafitti on the wall and even signs of the station's name. Not that she'd be able to read them.

"If this is another station, maybe this leads to another town," Jack suggests.

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Crow @Atomyk @Takumi @Sen @York @Archmage Jeremiah @TunnelStation​
Skipping down the revealed tunnel behind her companions with a carefree spring in her step, Rottytops whistled in awe. "Talk about roomy," she commented while brushing past Sherry to follow Vlad towards his 'odd markings'. The zombie girl chose not to comment on the immortal vampire's frankly outdated vocabulary, but nonetheless hid her mocking smile and snicker from him.

"My guess is it's a hideout," Rottytops thought aloud, "hideouts are always blocked behind some really unsubtle puzzle. I mean, who keeps a jukebox in a barn?" she chuckled, "The real question is who's hiding out here," Rottytops didn't move from her spot beside Vlad, quite content to peer further into the station without straying.

@BarrenThin @Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @York @Sen @Takumi @Tunnel
"Perhaps," The King of Sylvania muttered under his breath, not seeming entirely convinced. The graffiti and station name meant nothing to him, after all, even though he could read.​

"A hideout would make sense, meine eindringliche schönheit... My haunting beauty," Vlad corrected himself to Common before continuing. "Especially if whatever is taunting us is leading us down here on purpose." Unlike the others, Vlad didn't seem to let his guard down for an instant, his black eyes surveying the room as though he expected them to get jumped at any second.

Though the joke was crude, Vlad nodded in agreement. "I doubt this is just a place for us to travel through, even if that is its true nature. Beasts often prefer the darkness beneath our feet. I would take care that we do not stir any greater horrors than the ones we've faced insofar. Not with our current armaments, at any rate." The vampire began to step further into the darkness.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Tunnel
tumblr_ow26muFy091sxhezvo6_r1_400.gif

"Yeah, it looks like a hideout to me!" Unknown agreed with one of his travelling companions, it seemed, though he whispered quietly. He was hiding behind the rest of them, not wanting to be near the front. "It looks like a place I'd hide out... if there were computers here it'd be perfect for me."

"The Savior used to provide me with lots of hideouts like these so I could do what she wanted me to do in peace and quiet, maybe whoever's been messing with us has a Savior too... like Sammy?"

tumblr_ow26muFy091sxhezvo5_r1_400.gif

"But uhm... it's kind of creepy here... you don't think we'll be attacked and kidnapped or something, right? What if they send me to a bad place for bad people?"

'Don't be a fucking wuss, marshmallow boy. I'm so sick of listening to you whine the entire time we've been stuck in this rotten place.'

For a split second 'Ray's' personality wavered, and sensing the tense atmosphere that made his hairs stand up on end - his body also tensing as if it was ready for fight or flight response - the 'other one' took control. He wasn't going to run off like a pussy, he was going to stand his ground and fight with everything he could. With a spurt of confidence that clearly did not belong to the timid 'Ray', Unknown followed Vlad towards the darkness.

As Joker came in to push the Trapper grabbed him by the throat and leaped into the flames, the shock and heat of the flames were enough to make Joker flare up in seconds.

If any of the escaping people looked back they'd just see the Trapper standing among the flames before being enveloped by them as well.

Perhaps by eliminating three in their group his job was done?

For the others escaping the burning inferno they'd be able to navigate through the flames to a safe location. They found themselves at the waters edge next to a rundown house that Theo and the group had stumbled on. Of course the forest group didn't know that but it seemed like it was for the time being the only place to escape the ever closing inferno. Grell had done a real good job with starting that fire.

@Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @dark @ThatAverageGuy @ForestGroup

Whatever the rest decided the ones heading left ended up walking through a corridor that twisted and turned making it seem like it went on forever under the blinking lights in the ceiling. After awhile though they'd hear something filling the air. Was that...music?

Sherry wasn't familiar with the things Vlad was counting up, she just figured that they came from very different worlds. "I can't imagine why people would come down here and start spraying graffiti all over it...be really careful you guys."

For anyone investigating to try and see what the name of the station was they could only find the word 'Nowhere' sprayed repeatedly through out the area.

As Vlad went further in the group suddenly heard a banging sound emitting through the entire area, due to that you couldn't exactly say where the sound was originating from. The station itself didn't seem to change much the further they went though as they noticed another flight of stairs similar to the ones they came down from. That sound though continued on leaving Sherry at least uneasy.

Queen's attacks had woken the man out of his slumber and instead of a face of horror at seeing Queen and Kuro it was a look of relief and happiness. "T-Thank God!" He went in for a hug on Queen. "You're awake! Oh thank God you're awake!"

As this was going on another of the pods woke to life revealing Joker inside of it as the cover slid open. He too found his equipment on him as well as sensing his Persona.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Khan of the Mardu

"Well, doesn't this place look beautiful."
Unknown quickly armed himself with a knife he had picked up earlier in the dining room, something 'Ray' had been unaware of. Nevermind that Unknown didn't really have a full grasp of the situation, only understanding what he had woken up to see, he knew that he was in a dangerous place, surrounded by something equally dangerous, and he wasn't going to die here.

He moved forward to peer down the flight of stairs, grip on the knife tight.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Archmage Jeremiah @Station

"Nowhere? So, we're headed... nowhere?" Jack ponders as she looks towards the stairs, weapons ready as she prepares to scale them by feet.

"How does 'nowhere' look?"

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Station​
The banging made Vlad start, the vampire immediately scanning for the source of the noise. He did continue, though, until he reached the stairs. "It is toying with us," Vlad hissed, his fangs bared in an angry snarl. Staying towards the front, Vlad started to scale the steps.

"Like the void, Jack. Like the void," Vlad muttered, continuing on the stairs.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Station​
Upon hearing the banging, Chucky's ears would metaphorically perk up as he tried to decipher where the noise was coming from, though to no avail.
hqdefault.jpg

"You assholes better watch your asses, cause I gotta hunch that we're about to run into some trouble."
Chucky said to the group at large before approaching the steps as well, gripping his scythe tightly as he did so.

curseofchucky2.png

"Wonder if we'll find any dead bodies down here..." Chucky hummed, fully expecting to do so as he descended down the steps as well.

@Jeremi @BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @York @Atomyk @Takumi

"Well shit. Looks like someone was nice enough to put on a little shadow puppet show for us." Chucky said with a snarl before looking up at Jack.

latest

"Mind checking them things out for us, kid? I mean, it's the least you could do after tryin' to take my scythe and all."
The doll said to the young girl. There was no way in hell that he was gonna go over there. He knew better than that.

MaC2HVE.png

"Aren't you a little genius, how did you manage to figure that one out? Of course we're going to 'run into trouble'." He shook his head, clearly amused by the whole situation. "Like every shitty horror movie out there." Though at this point the banging was so loud he could barely hear himself think.

CxQTeG1.png

He stopped just as he saw the shadows on the walls, unsure what to do. Unknown wasn't the type to charge in headfirst. Maybe there was another way to see what the source of without facing it head on? He turned to look at Jack, then at their legs.

Simon Henriksson
@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Jeremi@Sen @Archmage Jeremiah
@Station

Simon just shook his head at Chucky's comment.

"I can not tell what a joke is... With you..." He muttered, leaving it at that.

Seeing the scythe leaning against the wall, he contemplated taking it for a moment... But ultimately decided to stick with his knife. The scythe would leave him a little encumbered, which was problematic for someone like him, who liked to be as mobile as possible in close quarters combat.

While there was a small scuffle over who got the scythe, it was fortunately resolved with minimal problems... And his attention was drawn instead, by the strange jukebox in the room. While Robert inserted a coin into it, Sherry seemed to notice something about the buttons on the jukebox that Simon also eventually caught; the number "66" was flickering on and off, and pressing it revealed a rather ominous passage...

Between the creepy footsteps coming and going, accompanied by a telltale red ball bouncing down the steps, and the loud banging noise permeating the underground Station... Simon was on edge. If this wasn't one of his dreams he used to have, it sure felt like one for him right about now.

Nonetheless, when the set of stairs going up was discovered... Not unlike the ones they entered from, along with alot of the word "nowhere" spraypainted around, weirdly enough... Simon followed the others as they ascended this second flight of stairs.

Unfortunately, this just lead to another tunnel, with some shadows on the wall... And the banging noise growing and growing. He wasn't quite positive about this, but, perhaps the wall was hollow? Maybe they were hearing noises from another room right behind it? Other than some weird supernatural phenomenon, it was the only thing he could really think of... But he figured he might as well test this theory.

So with that, he picked up a piece of rubble from the floor with his free hand, then backed up a few steps, motioning towards the others a little.

"Stand back." He said quietly, hoping to at least give his company a little word of warning before he did what he was about to do.

Then, he threw the piece of rubble at the shadows on the wall, gripping his knife tightly as he did so. If his theory about the hollow wall thing was right, it would hopefully at least make a distinct sound to signify that. However, if this was some supernatural event, or there was some distinct threat behind that wall prepared to leap out at then... He had to be ready.​

Simon Henriksson
@Station

Seeing the scythe leaning against the wall, he contemplated taking it for a moment... But ultimately decided to stick with his knife. The scythe would leave him a little encumbered, which was problematic for someone like him, who liked to be as mobile as possible in close quarters combat.

While there was a small scuffle over who got the scythe, it was fortunately resolved with minimal problems... And his attention was drawn instead, by the strange jukebox in the room. While Robert inserted a coin into it, Sherry seemed to notice something about the buttons on the jukebox that Simon also eventually caught; the number "66" was flickering on and off, and pressing it revealed a rather ominous passage...

Between the creepy footsteps coming and going, accompanied by a telltale red ball bouncing down the steps, and the loud banging noise permeating the underground Station... Simon was on edge. If this wasn't one of his dreams he used to have, it sure felt like one for him right about now.

Nonetheless, when the set of stairs going up was discovered... Not unlike the ones they entered from, along with alot of the word "nowhere" spraypainted around, weirdly enough... Simon followed the others as they ascended this second flight of stairs.

Unfortunately, this just lead to another tunnel, with some shadows on the wall... And the banging noise growing and growing. He wasn't quite positive about this, but, perhaps the wall was hollow? Maybe they were hearing noises from another room right behind it? Other than some weird supernatural phenomenon, it was the only thing he could really think of... But he figured he might as well test this theory.

So with that, he picked up a piece of rubble from the floor with his free hand, then backed up a few steps, motioning towards the others a little.

"Stand back." He said quietly, hoping to at least give his company a little word of warning before he did what he was about to do.

Then, he threw the piece of rubble at the shadows on the wall, gripping his knife tightly as he did so. If his theory about the hollow wall thing was right, it would hopefully at least make a distinct sound to signify that. However, if this was some supernatural event, or there was some distinct threat behind that wall prepared to leap out at then... He had to be ready.​
Chucky-7.jpg

"Way to go, dumbass. You threw a fucking rock at them." Chucky said, his voice oractically drilling with sarcasm.

@York @Jeremi @Crow @Sen @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Takumi

The shadows caught his attention, of course. Raising a hand to motion for stillness and silence, he listened for a few more seconds before pointing towards Jack and Chucky. His voice was barely more than a whisper, "With me. We'll take them by surprise-"
Simon Henriksson
@Station

The Vampire stared at the man, utterly dumbfounded, as he stepped towards the front of the group and threw a rock... At the shadows. Not at whatever might be casting them. "Is there a brain between your ears, boy?" The Vampire paused, then decided he didn't care. In one swift motion, he went to grab Simon by his clothes and shove him unceremoniously further into the room. Maybe whatever it was would kill him and buy the rest of them some time.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Station​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: thatguyinthestore
Varus
@Josh M @Darkseide @Jeremi @Cabin - Left Group

Varus slowed his pace as he began hearing strange noises. At first he thought it was something more sinister, but it turned out to just be foreign music. "Be careful. We do not know what we are walking into," he said to his companions.

He continued walking, but much more cautiously.

The music continued to get louder and soon the trio stumbled upon a dead end. There was a fire burning in a barrel and it looked like there was a sleeping alcove in the corner. The source of the music appeared to be a music box sitting on the ground. You didn't recognize the melody but the melody was calm and soothing.

@Otto @Josh M @Darkseide @Jeremi @Cabin - Left Group

MaC2HVE.png

CxQTeG1.png

The tunnel turned in such a way that the only way to see what the source of the shadows were was to get out into the open.

Simon Henriksson
@Station

The shadows did not react because well, they were shadows. Though as the stone hit the source of the shadow seemed to flinch ever so slightly.

The shadows caught his attention, of course. Raising a hand to motion for stillness and silence, he listened for a few more seconds before pointing towards Jack and Chucky. His voice was barely more than a whisper, "With me. We'll take them by surprise-"

The Vampire stared at the man, utterly dumbfounded, as he stepped towards the front of the ground and through a rock... At the shadows. Not at whatever might be casting them. "Is there a brain between your ears, boy?" The Vampire paused, then decided he didn't care. In one swift motion, he went to grab Simon by his clothes and shove him unceremoniously further into the room. Maybe whatever it was would kill him and buy the rest of them some time.

Simon getting pushed into the open revealed the source of the shadows and the horrible visage of...! Theo and Yuri standing at an intersection of the tunnel.

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
The music continued to get louder and soon the trio stumbled upon a dead end. There was a fire burning in a barrel and it looked like there was a sleeping alcove in the corner. The source of the music appeared to be a music box sitting on the ground. You didn't recognize the melody but the melody was calm and soothing.

The tunnel turned in such a way that the only way to see what the source of the shadows were was to get out into the open.

The shadows did not react because well, they were shadows. Though as the stone hit the source of the shadow seemed to flinch ever so slightly.

Simon getting pushed into the open revealed the source of the shadows and the horrible visage of...! Theo and Yuri standing at an intersection of the tunnel.

806313134_058.bmp

"Oh, you've gotta be fuckin kidding me!" Chucky exclaimed in a somewhat annoyed tone due to the disappointment of the shadows not belonging to a deranged killer or some dead bodies of some sort.

Easing the grip on his scythe a bit, the doll approached Theo and Yuri.

XxAO4.jpg

"What the fuck're you doin' here?" Chucky asked Theo, sounding less than pleased to see him. He'd only interacted with the man once up until this point, and in said interaction, Theo didn't make a good first impression with Chucky.

The doll would then proceed to turn to Yuri, looking over the new girl before opening his mouth to ask a very simple question.

687474703a2f2f32352e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f35363833376336316331313939313766333930393331616664393339313261332f74756d626c725f6d76763962304748344c3171617364656d6f315f3530302e676966

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Sen @York @Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi

Chucky-7.jpg

"Way to go, dumbass. You threw a fucking rock at them." Chucky said, his voice oractically drilling with sarcasm.

@York @Jeremi @Crow @Sen @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Takumi

The Vampire stared at the man, utterly dumbfounded, as he stepped towards the front of the ground and through a rock... At the shadows. Not at whatever might be casting them. "Is there a brain between your ears, boy?" The Vampire paused, then decided he didn't care. In one swift motion, he went to grab Simon by his clothes and shove him unceremoniously further into the room. Maybe whatever it was would kill him and buy the rest of them some time.

a3419c1395351cd3e10eed0a727e3ac689ae2098_hq.gif

"Well, that's disappointing." He lowered his knife.

"Uh... who are they?" He recognised one of them, Theo, but not the other.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Station
806313134_058.bmp

"Oh, you've gotta be fuckin kidding me!" Chucky exclaimed in a somewhat annoyed tone due to the disappointment of the shadows not belonging to a deranged killer or some dead bodies of some sort.

XxAO4.jpg

"What the fuck're you doin' here?" Chucky asked Theo, sounding less than pleased to see him. He'd only interacted with the man once up until this point, and in said interaction, Theo didn't make a good first impression with Chucky.

The doll would then proceed to turn to Yuri, looking over the new girl before opening his mouth to ask a very simple question.

687474703a2f2f32352e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f35363833376336316331313939313766333930393331616664393339313261332f74756d626c725f6d76763962304748344c3171617364656d6f315f3530302e676966

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Sen @York @Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi

Simon Henriksson
@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @BarrenThin @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Jeremi@Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva
@Station

Honestly, it probably wasn't the best thing Simon could have done, but perhaps he had hoped to prove to himself that the whole thing wasn't just his mind messing with him... Or some sort of paranormal activity, and on the upside, the rock's impact clearly showed that it wasn't.

Though well, his mind no longer being clouded by some sort of irrational fear... Having experienced numerous freakish occurrences following things like this, the relief from realizing he wasn't about to enter some freakish sequence was quickly replaced by the realization that he had alerted whoever those shadows belonged to of their presense.

"... I... I'm so-...!" But he didn't even get the chance to finish his hasty apology, as Vlad had grabbed him... And shoved him into plain sight of whoever was awaiting them.

Without much time to prepare, all he could do was bring his knife in front of him... Hoping he would have just enough time to fend off an attacker, only to realize that the shadows were in fact just of two people who they had split away from on that bridge, and not any sort of hostile creature or anything.

So with a small sigh of relief, he wrenched himself free of Vlad's grasp, taking a few breaths to try and calm himself again. It certainly wouldn't do to lose his cool, especially if he were to make rather hasty, and irrational decisions like that in the future... But eventually, he found it in him to speak up... This time, with a calm, level voice.

"... You? How did you... Get here?" He asked.

Evidently, no-one had lingered around at that bridge they had woken up at, or so it seemed.​

latest

MaC2HVE.png

CxQTeG1.png

Simon Henriksson
@Station

806313134_058.bmp

XxAO4.jpg

After a light glare at Chucky, Jack takes a single step forward, preparing her weapons, but halted the moment Simon threw a rock at the shadows.

It was soon revealed that Theo and Yuri were the ones behind the shadows. In other words, allies who were with the group.

32jZ16p.png

"Hey, hey, we didn't quite catch your names back there, care to introduce yourselves?" Jack asks the two with a light smile that easily hid her true nature.

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Sen @York @Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi

Simon Henriksson
@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @BarrenThin @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Jeremi@Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva
@Station

Honestly, it probably wasn't the best thing Simon could have done, but perhaps he had hoped to prove to himself that the whole thing wasn't just his mind messing with him... Or some sort of paranormal activity, and on the upside, the rock's impact clearly showed that it wasn't.

Though well, his mind no longer being clouded by some sort of irrational fear... Having experienced numerous freakish occurrences following things like this, the relief from realizing he wasn't about to enter some freakish sequence was quickly replaced by the realization that he had alerted whoever those shadows belonged to of their presense.

"... I... I'm so-...!" But he didn't even get the chance to finish his hasty apology, as Vlad had grabbed him... And shoved him into plain sight of whoever was awaiting them.

Without much time to prepare, all he could do was bring his knife in front of him... Hoping he would have just enough time to fend off an attacker, only to realize that the shadows were in fact just of two people who they had split away from on that bridge, and not any sort of hostile creature or anything.

So with a small sigh of relief, he wrenched himself free of Vlad's grasp, taking a few breaths to try and calm himself again. It certainly wouldn't do to lose his cool, especially if he were to make rather hasty, and irrational decisions like that in the future... But eventually, he found it in him to speak up... This time, with a calm, level voice.

Evidently, no-one had lingered around at that bridge they had woken up at, or so it seemed.​

As the Vampire stepped out. "Ah. How... Disappointing. So you aren't going to kill this halfwit for potentially endangering this entire group?" He frowned deeply. "If not, I might. I'm a little... Hungry, anyways." The King of Sylvania briefly glared at Simon, his dark eyes, rotten flesh, and long fangs all hinting at what he meant.

It only took a moment for him to resume looking for the source of the banging, assuming it wasn't obviously the two of them.

As the Vampire stepped out. "Ah. How... Disappointing. So you aren't going to kill this halfwit for potentially endangering this entire group?" He frowned deeply. "If not, I might. I'm a little... Hungry, anyways." The King of Sylvania briefly glared at Simon, his dark eyes, rotten flesh, and long fangs all hinting at what he meant.

It only took a moment for him to resume looking for the source of the banging, assuming it wasn't obviously the two of them.

Chucky-chucky-96704_500_331.jpg

"Fuck that. If anyone's doing the killing, it's gonna be me. I haven't killed a single person all fuckin' day." Chucky said in response to Vlad before looking over to Simon and grinning wickedly.

@BarrenThin @York @Jeremi @Crow @Sen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Takumi

a3419c1395351cd3e10eed0a727e3ac689ae2098_hq.gif

"Well, that's disappointing." He lowered his knife.

"Uh... who are they?" He recognised one of them, Theo, but not the other.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Station

806313134_058.bmp

XxAO4.jpg

Simon Henriksson
@Station

After a light glare at Chucky, Jack takes a single step forward, preparing her weapons, but halted the moment Simon threw a rock at the shadows.

It was soon revealed that Theo and Yuri were the ones behind the shadows. In other words, allies who were with the group.

32jZ16p.png

"Hey, hey, we didn't quite catch your names back there, care to introduce yourselves?" Jack asks the two with a light smile that easily hid her true nature.

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Sen @York @Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi

"Fuck that. If anyone's doing the killing, it's gonna be me. I haven't killed a single person all fuckin' day." Chucky said in response to Vlad before looking over to Simon and grinning wickedly.

@BarrenThin @York @Jeremi @Crow @Sen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Takumi

Remaining silent and alert as the group headed up the stairs, Seishin wasn't surprised some of the others seemed so wound up and on edge, rightully so with whatever threat that could be ahead of them. Though hos unease lessened a notch when it was revealed that it was just two of their initial group, he held the small sound of protest he was going to make towards Simon being thrown in harms way at bay.

Sighing through his nose, the man didn't feel disappointed much. Some part of him did, a small part in all honesty. Seishin's gaze flickered to Vlad as he made his quip, knowing full well what he meant. Other than his appearance making it rather obvious, he was much like a Shiki the more the nomadic novelist thought about it. The differences seemed to be many though, for Vlad didn't at all seem impulsive like the Jinrou's counterpart apparently seemed to be, and he had a more skeletal visage.

"Wouldn't it be best to hold out a little more? I have no doubt that it's unreadable but there are other things at hand." he responded, almost nonchalantly, though there was a bit of a small edge in his tone, though calm and nowhere near threatening. Although he was mainly speaking to Vlad it was also aimed at Chucky as well. Hopefully to remind the doll that he agreed to play nice for a while and cooperate with the group. He didn't blame Simon for being irrational-it was a human thing-it probably was for the best in their case.

Leaving it at that he focused on the banging noise, green eyes narrowing slightly. He didn't like this at all. Between the ball from before and this banging noise it felt like whatever brought them here decided to make ot seem like they were being followed for the sake of a good laugh for the moment.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Anybody I missed @Tunnel

OfJTR4m.png

"Wait, you both are really going to kill and eat him? No fair~ we haven't dismembered anyone for a while," Jack retorts with a slightly sad expression, then pinches Simon's cheeks for a bit while looking into his eyes to see his fear, if he had any.

"Doesn't seem to be the type to panic, then again, the same could be said for the toughest opponents we have faced," Jack comments on Simon, before speaking to him. "Well, what's your name?"
Remaining silent and alert as the group headed up the stairs, Seishin wasn't surprised some of the others seemed so wound up and on edge, rightully so with whatever threat that could be ahead of them. Though hos unease lessened a notch when it was revealed that it was just two of their initial group, he held the small sound of protest he was going to make towards Simon being thrown in harms way at bay.

Sighing through his nose, the man didn't feel disappointed much. Some part of him did, a small part in all honesty. Seishin's gaze flickered to Vlad as he made his quip, knowing full well what he meant. Other than his appearance making it rather obvious, he was much like a Shiki the more the nomadic novelist thought about it. The differences seemed to be many though, for Vlad didn't at all seem impulsive like the Jinrou's counterpart apparently seemed to be, and he had a more skeletal visage.

"Wouldn't it be best to hold out a little more? I have no doubt that it's unreadable but there are other things at hand." he responded, almost nonchalantly, though there was a bit of a small edge in his tone, though calm and nowhere near threatening. Although he was mainly speaking to Vlad it was also aimed at Chucky as well. Hopefully to remind the doll that he agreed to play nice for a while and cooperate with the group. He didn't blame Simon for being irrational-it was a human thing-it probably was for the best in their case.

Leaving it at that he focused on the banging noise, green eyes narrowing slightly. He didn't like this at all. Between the ball from before and this banging noise it felt like whatever brought them here decided to make ot seem like they were being followed for the sake of a good laugh for the moment.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Anybody I missed @Tunnel

Jack shrugs, before turning back to Simon. Well, looks like this guy wouldn't be eaten or killed now.

@thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @York @Jeremi @Crow @Sen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Takumi

It appeared that whatever the sound had been neither Theo or Yuri had heard it this whole time. "Well I'm glad we met up with some friendly faces." Sherry came up to the two and looked around. "But how did you two end up here? I thought you went with the people going into the forest?"

OfJTR4m.png

"Wait, you both are really going to kill and eat him? No fair~ we haven't dismembered anyone for a while," Jack retorts with a slightly sad expression, then pinches Simon's cheeks for a bit while looking into his eyes to see his fear, if he had any.

"Doesn't seem to be the type to panic, then again, the same could be said for the toughest opponents we have faced," Jack comments on Simon, before speaking to him. "Tell me your name."

Jack shrugs, before turning back to Simon. Well, looks like this guy wouldn't be eaten or killed now.

@thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @York @Jeremi @Crow @Sen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @Takumi
Upon hearing Jack mention eating people again, Chucky would turn to her and let out an annoyed groan.

cCjv.jpg

"Again with the fucking eating people thing. I don't do that shit, you fucking freak of nature."

@Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @BarrenThin @York @Sen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah

Upon hearing Jack mention eating people again, Chucky would turn to her and let out an annoyed groan.

cCjv.jpg

"Again with the fucking eating people thing. I don't do that shit, you fucking freak of nature."

@Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @BarrenThin @York @Sen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah

vceRlbL.png

"You don't," Jack says, then briefly turns to Vlad, "but he does."

@thatguyinthestore @Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @BarrenThin @York @Sen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah

"Why not share?" He resumed glowering at Simon.

The King of Sylvania seemed to consider this. It was fortunate his full ire hadn't been provoked; he was known to pursue his revenge almost suicidally. After a minute of thought, he stood and brushed his dishevelled clothing. "Perhaps you are correct."
OfJTR4m.png

"Doesn't seem to be the type to panic, then again, the same could be said for the toughest opponents we have faced," Jack comments on Simon, before speaking to him. "Well, what's your name?"

cCjv.jpg

"If we kill him, as much of a liability he may be, I doubt we'll even be uneasily welcome within the group. I don't want that for either side. After all, we make up a decent portion of the group's greater warriors; even with that fact, however, I doubt we could reach the end alone. We should refrain from ending his pathetic, wretched, disgusting mortal life." The vampire looked at Simon once more. "Of course, I won't make any promises about if he endangers us again."
vceRlbL.png

"You don't," Jack says, then briefly turns to Vlad, "but he does."

@thatguyinthestore @Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @BarrenThin @York @Sen @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah

The vampire nodded. "Human blood isn't quite as succulent as Elvish blood, but it is delicious in its own right." Morbid half-joke aside, Vlad motioned about once more. "We still need to find the true source of that horrible ruckus."

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Station​

OfJTR4m.png

MoFaWRR.png

"Hey now, I'm the one who's been out of action for a while." The white-haired boy brandished his knife. "You should let me at him, to vent out my stress, THEN we let the vampire guy have him." Unknown looked at Vlad with a somewhat incredulous expression, "You are a proper vampire, right? This isn't a Halloween joke?"

"I think people who look as old as you dressing up for Halloween is kind of... ah, lame."

MaC2HVE.png

"Maybe I'll be nice this once. Simon, are you interested in finding true happiness? We're always looking for sad, sad people like you who don't see the truth. Yes... salvation is the best thing for anybody. It's like having Christmas everyday-"

"Mood killer. But I guess you're right." He turned to look at Simon with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "But my offer stands, unless you want to get murdered by old-man-vampire here, or anime girl Ripper, or... a doll."

@Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @BarrenThin @York @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah