Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

J

Jeremi

Original poster
Prologue - A stop at nowhere

The ringing of a fire alarm would stir you from your current position. Eyes fluttering up you found yourself somewhere unfamiliar.

abandoned-bus-station-terminal-Evansville-7-468x311.jpg

You found yourself inside what seemed to be a derelict bus station. How you had gotten there was anyone’s guess. Quickly however you realize that whatever predicament you found yourself in you weren’t alone. Many people were strewn about the floor and were starting to wake up. Anyone that usually carried a weapon or had supernatural abilities found them gone.

One of the people, a short haired blond girl was first to speak up.

SHERRY-BIRKIN-sherry-birkin-33599436-200-163.jpg

“Everyone remain calm.” She managed to slur out as she got up on shaky legs and looked around the gathered group. “My name is Sherry Birkin; I’m a DSO agent. Does anyone have any idea how we ended up here?”

Despite the situation Sherry sounded rather optimistic in her tone, albeit rather to the point. Probably not to alarm any of the gathered people and that they understood her. As she waited for a response Sherry made her way to the window to see if she could figure out where they were.

Whatever this place was it seemed to be deader than disco. How had you even gotten here? Strangely enough you didn't quite remember what you had been doing before waking up either. Perhaps for now your best course of action was to figure out where here actually was. Strangely enough that fire alarm that had woken you had quickly gone silent as well.

Chapter 1

Chapter 2

Chapter 3

Cast list:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Rottytops
@Atomyk as Robert Small
@BarrenThin as Vlad Von Carstein
@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Trevor Belmont
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@Darkseide as William 'Penny' Adiyoi
@EternalInfinity as Kel'thuzad
@Gummi Bunnies as Kyle Knock
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as King
@Josh M as Bray Wyatt
@Kaykay as Numahime Tenma
@Khan of the Mardu as Akira Kurusu
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Makoto Niijima
@Lissamel as Sammy Lawrence
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Theo Raeken
@Midnight Maiden as Tarlotte
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi
@ThatAverageGuy as The Devil
@thatguyinthestore as Chucky
@Verite as Ethan Chandler
@York as Simon Henriksson
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff​

Last edited by a moderator:
mysterious clues - mystic messenger

U N K N O W N / RAY?
Prologue: Mysterious Messages

NOTE: This character has DID. For speaking, grey text for Unknown at front. Magenta text for Ray at front.
People were usually under the incorrect assumption that Mint Eye was a fun, joyous place. That might be what Ray would tell you, but you needed to be kind and sweet to entice people to come to such a place, hidden deep within the mountains. The white-haired boy knew better, of course, that those lies were far from the truth. But that recruits didn't know wouldn't hurt them, right? Yes, perhaps in some way those lies were real. This was paradise, a place where they could be happy free from the judgement of society and the light that would try and kill their darkness, their precious demons and their thoughts. Society hated them, so Mint Eye hated them too.

The boy sat where he normally sat, in a small room filled to the brim with computers. Blue light washed his face, and the comforting small 'blips' and 'beeps' coming from the towers that created a forest of wires at his feet were all he could hear. Some of the computers seemed to be auto-scrolling through an essay of letters and numbers, flashing and beeping on the screen. Some of them seemed to be looking into a chatroom, though the chatroom itself appeared to be empty with the last messages having been there for the past four hours.

> 707: lolol, i wonder who i should dress up as for halloween?

A twenty-something year old still dressing up for Halloween. Unknown snorted, how immature and childish, as expected of that particular individual. He was a failure as a human being, so Unknown wasn't surprised this was how he would prepare for such a boring holiday. The only thing that was interesting about it was getting free candy, but these days he tended to scare kids with how he dressed. Whatever.

But scaring kids would beat sitting here, alone, bored, for hours upon hours with no activity.

Ping!

He looked down at his phone to see a notification, a message sent by someone he had never seen before. Even stranger, it was sent through his hacked version of the RFA messenger, which no one else had access to. Unless... he narrowed his eyes at the red-head's username. Perhaps 707 finally managed to catch him? No, there was no mention of a hacker in their normal chatroom, so the possibility was quite low... he always mentioned big news like that to the others.

He opened his smartphone with a swipe of a finger.

9KW8YPv.png

What? Who was this person? They reminded Unknown an awful lot of himself... he shook his head, it couldn't be one of those people he had messaging somehow sending texts back? There was no possible way that his coding was that patchy and buggy that he let people manage to slip back in. But who else could this be?

Better to play safe.

UNKNOWN: You must have the wrong number

LF59SD8.png

The boy, who had been lounging back on his chair, sat bolt upright. This person knew him. Then it couldn't be 707, because that fool had abandoned him years ago. Who else knew of his existence? Rika? No, it couldn't be his savior. V? Impossible, that traitor couldn't hack for his life. Who? WHO?

YleFhPy.png

The smartphone began to fuzz out, the screen dimming and flashing, frustrating Unknown. Who was this person? He needed to know, he needed to eliminate him. No one was allowed to know that Saeran Choi still existed in this world.

And as his phone blacked out, so did his world.

Where was his gun and his knife? Jolting awake, he found himself no longer in the company of computers, but in a strange, dirty place he had no knowledge of. It certainly didn't look like a place in Korea, whether he knew of it or not. There were others around him as well, some still laying down with their eyes closed seemingly unconscious, others waking up. Whoever had brought him here must have brought them too.

One of them was a foreigner with short blonde hair. He understood her well, which he proudly admitted to himself was a symbol that all that studying in English paid off. Heh, he had to do well to please the savior, after all.

He wasn't quite sure if he should answer though.

@Atomyk as Robert Small
@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@GreatSalmon as Doopliss
@Josh M as Bray Wyatt
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff

tumblr_olih9nOIbz1tc0tabo3_250.png

When Kuro awoke, he found himself with a bunch of other people. Confused and befuddled for a while, Kuro then instinctively moved to hide behind a nearby corner, not wanting anyone to see him or his disguise. But as Kuro scrambled to find a hiding place, he had noticed that his wooden tail had gone missing.

"!!! Tail... where is my tail..."

After Kuro quickly realized this fact, he continued to find a hiding place hidden in the shadows. Although he needed to find his tail, there were simply too many people for him to confront.

@anyone​

"Augh! I'm awake! I'm awake already!!"

A redheaded woman would sit up, hands clamped over her ears.
fd13aa7479077fd4d15f76a6add0833e.jpg

"I swear, if I wasn't on threat of probation I would hunt down whoever invented alarm clocks and-"
grell_sutcliff_by_moonlighthedgie-d84hn60.jpg

"Oh wait, that's right, I don't actually own an alarm clock."

Grell Sutcliff stood, looking around the room at the various others. "That's odd...none of you look like Shinigami...oh Grell, what have you gotten yourself into this time..." Her confusion only lasted a second or two before she shrugged it off. "Eh, nothing to worry about! I'd better head back to HQ before Will throws a fit!" With that, Grell began searching for an exit to the station.

@Jeremi

Waiting... ? What do you mean?

I'm waiting for a lot of thing rather than nothing. If I wait, a wonderfully fortunate gift will be brought to me that I have never seen.
What's this gift? Is it worth... waiting for?

I don't mind waiting for this gift. A gift of purpose, if I may proceed with more.

♢ ♢ ♢ ♢ ♢

Awakening abruptly with a prolonged yawn, Kyle rubbed his eyes sleepily. The sensation of waking up was new to him, particularly from the fact that he was never allowed to take form anywhere until the "story" began. If he were awake and breathing now, the "story" definitely had to begin at this time.

Think. His role. It was the Cheshire Cat. What story was that from? Well, Alice in Wonderland of course. There's that name. Alice. He never met the supposed main character of the story he should be in, but the sudden gravitation to lure her away with him, it ate at him from within.

Look. Kyle took in the surroundings. Desolation. Void of vibrant color. No, he wasn't in the "story" he should be in. Something went wrong. Oh dear, this wasn't good at all. If he wasn't there and the "story" goes on without him... his heart felt heavy at that thought.

tumblr_ooqo9pv93e1v3qowuo6_100.png

❝ Wrong place... this is the wrong place to be. What type of guide can I be if I am lost and unable to retrace my steps? ❞
While he wasn't exactly showing too much alarm at the given situation, it was evident that he wasn't comfortable with this at all. His little cat ears drooped down a bit, as if that wasn't a clear giveaway on his mood right about now.

@Jeremi @Sen @Bomb @Yun Lee
@Everybody

Ethan Chandler - Prologue: Night Work

tumblr_nn86gouEZC1rz8mvdo1_500.gif

The dream was eerie, yet calming. Unsettling, yet sedative. The foggy forest was a serene sight, pristine and untouched. Ethan knew it was a dream, but he didn't mind. He wouldn't have minded if he were stuck in this dream forever, indefinitely trapped within the reaches of his own mind. It was the only place in which he could escape from the real world, full of death, sorrow, and betrayal. How long had it been since he had been forced to kill her? It's felt like an eternity, and yet, no matter how much time had passed, Ethan couldn't get over it. He felt lost, feeling the need to roam the country on his own, leaving behind those who reminded him of her. Sir Malcolm, Victor... He couldn't stand to look at them after everything that had happened, and though he could only wonder how they were truly holding up, Ethan couldn't stand to be around them, as though he could see it behind their eyes how they really felt.

So he fled.

There was nothing left for him in London, so he had made his leave. And so, he wandered. To where? Not even he knew. America wasn't an option, so there went that. Maybe Italy? France? Perhaps even Spain. The opportunities were endless, and yet, the more Ethan thought of those prospects, the more unappealing they all seemed. It was almost as though he could no longer stand to exist in this world at all. Perhaps that was why he took comfort in the shelter of his own dreams.

But soon enough, the dream had to end, such as all good things.

"!"

Waking up with a sharp gasp as soon as his eyes opened, Ethan sprung up from his chair, sitting up as he looked around. It was then, after awakening from the dream, that he realized here and now... He didn't remember when he had gone to sleep. Or where he even was when he did, for that matter. But of course, he had more pressing matters to attend to.

ParallelOffensiveChipmunk.gif

"..."

He realized a little later than he cared to admit that he didn't know where he was at all, or what kind of people he was surrounded by. Like a parrot, he jerked his head around, examining the area in a haphazard manner. Was this another dream? No, couldn't be. Was he kidnapped and drugged? Was someone looking for him? Those options didn't seem out of the question, and yet... No one stood over them, claiming anything. The most pressing thing on Ethan's mind... Could he leave? Doubtful, if he woke up in an unfamiliar place without being shackled... though his guns and his knife being conveniently gone was a cause for alarm.

Especially once a dippy young girl, probably older than she looked a bit if she spoke so confidently like she wanted to take command of everyone, Ethan mused to himself that perhaps the acknowledging of there being... a problem, so to say, at all caused alarm in of itself. Humans were rascally little things after all. All they could ever do was make things worse for themselves, no matter how much they wanted to make things better.

"My guess is as good as yours," Ethan said dismissively in response to Sherry, not even looking at her as he quickly moved around to check for an exit in the station as well.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Anybody

Last edited:
Prologue
Composer Struggles
It's been so long since I've worked here
Writing happy melodies to hold down my career
'Sammy Lawrence', that's my name
My former body's what I'll reclaim

4se69y.jpg

This was not his lord's temple.

It would have been easy to disregard the figure in the corner of the bus stop as merely a bizarre glob of ink and an abandoned pair of stained overalls, but slowly, the prophet began to stir. He rose from laying down to sitting up, taking a moment to check himself over--Two arms, a full torso, a neck, and then his mask. Oh, his mask. Where would he be without it? After making sure he was whole and complete, the prophet rose to his 'feet' and took a look around the premises.

This was not his lord's temple.

Sammy Lawrence knew every inch of his lord's temple, the rotting cartoon studio--Or, at least, he liked to think he did. But this was unfamiliar. This wasn't the warm yellowy-browns or the dark inky blacks of the studio he'd grown to accept as home. This was something colder, a dull unforgiving gray with splashes of blue and red. Color? How strange, how...Sacred. His fingertips touched one of the walls, taking a moment to evaluate it's texture. It was certainly unlike the wood he was so used to.

Where was he?

Was he freed?

He had to have been. He hadn't been freed from his lord's temple in...How long had it been? He must have proven himself worthy. Yes! Worthy for...For a holy mission, to regain all he had lost, to prove himself as the most devout worshipper the ink demon had ever seen! Pride welled up in his chest, but he was quick to smother all traces of it. Pride was a deadly sin.

"I thank you for your blessings, my lord," He said in a soft mutter. "Whatever you have sent your prophet to do, you may be assured I will accomplish it. I will please you. You will lead us to glory. You shall set us free." As though to make this idea a little more concrete in his head, he ran his finger against the wall until it formed some familiar words: HE SHALL SET US FREE. He smiled a sort of self-satisfied smile that was hard to see behind the odd mask obscuring his face before turning away from the wall and looking out to see...Everyone else in this odd location. Hm. Who were these people? Were they sent to impede him...Or to assist him? Who would his savior send to assist him...?

Nevertheless, keeping the fingers of one of his hands softly against the wall, Sammy stared out at all in the stop from his spot in the corner. Perhaps some were...Devout as he.

He doubted that.

[ @EVERYONE ]​

Prologue - A stop at nowhere

The ringing of a fire alarm would stir you from your current position. Eyes fluttering up you found yourself somewhere unfamiliar.

abandoned-bus-station-terminal-Evansville-7-468x311.jpg

You found yourself inside what seemed to be a derelict bus station. How you had gotten there was anyone’s guess. Quickly however you realize that whatever predicament you found yourself in you weren’t alone. Many people were strewn about the floor and were starting to wake up. Anyone that usually carried a weapon or had supernatural abilities found them gone.

One of the people, a short haired blond girl was first to speak up.

SHERRY-BIRKIN-sherry-birkin-33599436-200-163.jpg

“Everyone remain calm.” She managed to slur out as she got up on shaky legs and looked around the gathered group. “My name is Sherry Birkin; I’m a DSO agent. Does anyone have any idea how we ended up here?”

Despite the situation Sherry sounded rather optimistic in her tone, albeit rather to the point. Probably not to alarm any of the gathered people and that they understood her. As she waited for a response Sherry made her way to the window to see if she could figure out where they were.

Whatever this place was it seemed to be deader than disco. How had you even gotten here? Strangely enough you didn't quite remember what you had been doing before waking up either. Perhaps for now your best course of action was to figure out where here actually was. Strangely enough that fire alarm that had woken you had quickly gone silent as well.

Cast list:

@Atomyk as Robert Small
@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@GreatSalmon as Doopliss
@Josh M as Bray Wyatt
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff​
"Weird the fire alarm would turn off..."

For as much as the situation might have worried some, the young man who seemed dressed to impress at a masquerade ball seemed rather cool-headed, standing up with a crack of his neck to work out a kink in it. Eyes sharpened like a hawk's glanced around the room, taking in all the strange people who were around him... were they the constructs of someone's heart? Given his wearing of his alter ego's outfit, it would make sense that he would be in someone's Palace... yet somehow, he doubted it. No one ever put this much outfit into an entire group of constructs.

They weren't faceless automatons around him, spouting random phrases. From what it looked like, they were just some random people who got a hold of the Metaverse app... which was particularly worrying given that the crisis regarding the hearts and minds of Japan was supposed to be over.

However, his worry was swayed slightly as he noted one recognizable person in the crowd. "Well, well, well..." A slight tilt of his lips, to most a self-assured grin but an expression of comfort for those who knew Joker, appeared as he approached the young woman who appeared to be in some sort of mixed outfit between a dominatrix and a biker, "Fancy meeting you here, Queen." Despite his urge to hug her, he would have to play the part of a gentleman for now - around them were numerous unknowns, ones that he couldn't certain of their intents. Well, besides the nice blond woman claiming to be an agent of some kind, but given his opinion of authority?

Best to keep to codenames for the time being, just to be on the safe side. Recklessness could wait till later.

"Nope," The masked teen turned his head to Sherry and replied with a shrug of the shoulders, tilting his head slightly as he thought of it all, "Last I remember... well, I doubt you want to know what a teenage guy does in his spare time. Besides, it's not important; I'll just say I wasn't anywhere near you all or whatever this place is..." The young man hummed a few moments before settling on his next line, feeling comfortable to share what he would, "You can call me Joker for now, Miss Sherry. You mind telling the less-informed what a DSO agent happens to be?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi

tumblr_oxuwpb48HK1t0lt8go1_540.gif

A fire alarm woke Yuri up from her trance. She had been so engrossed in her book, she wasn't paying attention to anything. She looked up from her book, ready to evacuate. She was surprised to see that this wasn't the Literature Club classroom, and that her knife from her collection wasn't on her. She slowly stood up from her sitting position. She looked around to find she was in an abandoned bus station. She quietly folded down the page of her book.

"Could someone tell me where we are and how we got here?" she asked calmly.

Last edited:
Chucky Prologue: Outta Luck

Chucky awoke to the sound of a loud fire alarm, one that pierced his as it rang throughout the station. At first, the homicidal doll tried to ignore it in favor of sleeping more, keeping his plastic eyes shut as he groaned. Though, as the alarm persisted, Chucky screamed and rose up.

NCZEh.png

"JESUS FUCKIN' CHRIST!! SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!!" The doll screamed, falling silent once he took in his surroundings. His first instinct, of course, was to pat the pockets of his overalls for his signature knife, only to find it missing.

806313134_058.bmp

"Oh... you've gotta be fuckin' kidding me!" The doll groaned, feeling the sudden urge to mutilate somebody. Before he could do so, however, his attention was caught by Sammy. Now, being someone who dabbled in the arts of voodoo from time to time, Chucky was no stranger to religion and Satan worshippers. But someone like this fuck?

They got on his nerves.

So the two foot doll did what anyone else would do and approached Sammy, looking up at the cultist with a glare.

flevd.jpg

"Listen motherfucker, I just woke up here and I'm really pissed off. So I ain't about to fuckin' listen to your cultist bullshit. We clear?" Chucky asked, hoping that he wouldn't have to ask twice. Hell, he kinda hoped he would. Just cause he didn't have his knife didn't mean that he couldn't find a way to get some good 'ole murders going.

@Lissamel @Jeremi

Those looking for an exit found it near the window that Sherry was looking through. "Be careful," Sherry responded to Grell and Ethan heading towards the exit. "We don't know what's out there."

6150924507_706e04168e_z.jpg

Peering outside they found a quiet little town. The only sound they could hear were the caws of a conspiracy of raven's flying overhead. You seemed to have landed in a proverbial ghost town.​

@Yun Lee @Verite @Everyone

"Weird the fire alarm would turn off..."

For as much as the situation might have worried some, the young man who seemed dressed to impress at a masquerade ball seemed rather cool-headed, standing up with a crack of his neck to work out a kink in it. Eyes sharpened like a hawk's glanced around the room, taking in all the strange people who were around him... were they the constructs of someone's heart? Given his wearing of his alter ego's outfit, it would make sense that he would be in someone's Palace... yet somehow, he doubted it. No one ever put this much outfit into an entire group of constructs.

They weren't faceless automatons around him, spouting random phrases. From what it looked like, they were just some random people who got a hold of the Metaverse app... which was particularly worrying given that the crisis regarding the hearts and minds of Japan was supposed to be over.

However, his worry was swayed slightly as he noted one recognizable person in the crowd. "Well, well, well..." A slight tilt of his lips, to most a self-assured grin but an expression of comfort for those who knew Joker, appeared as he approached the young woman who appeared to be in some sort of mixed outfit between a dominatrix and a biker, "Fancy meeting you here, Queen." Despite his urge to hug her, he would have to play the part of a gentleman for now - around them were numerous unknowns, ones that he couldn't certain of their intents. Well, besides the nice blond woman claiming to be an agent of some kind, but given his opinion of authority?

Best to keep to codenames for the time being, just to be on the safe side. Recklessness could wait till later.

"Nope," The masked teen turned his head to Sherry and replied with a shrug of the shoulders, tilting his head slightly as he thought of it all, "Last I remember... well, I doubt you want to know what a teenage guy does in his spare time. Besides, it's not important; I'll just say I wasn't anywhere near you all or whatever this place is..." The young man hummed a few moments before settling on his next line, feeling comfortable to share what he would, "You can call me Joker for now, Miss Sherry. You mind telling the less-informed what a DSO agent happens to be?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi

"Division of Security Operations,"
She replied to the boy calling himself Joker. "It's an anti-bioterrorism organization." She wasn't quite sure what to make of him, or anyone else here either, but she wasn't going to start creating waves just yet until she absolutely had to.​

@Khan of the Mardu

Prologue
Misty Night

"Clarent Blood Arthur!"
"Maria the Ripper!"

Blades and gusto clashed, but ultimately, only one was going to make it out alive.

That one was not Assassin of Black.
i0JiZ3c.png

"Begone, serial killer!"

Those were the last words that Assassin of Black would hear as Saber of Red's blade, Clarent Blood Arthur, unleashed a powerful spark that fried the thousands of souls that made her up. Soon, Assassin of Black - true name Jack the Ripper - left this world.
"Mother... we're sorry..."

GiSvdiI.png

Many a memory rushed through the mind of Jack the Ripper. It was the memory of the one who held the most sway in her heart.

"Mother... mother... mother, where are you?"

Many a memory of her mother - particular her mother's kindness towards her, her mother's affinity towards her. Jack's mother was the perfect mother.

Yet, while Jack remembered many things about her mother, she could not remember one - mother's face. She did, thankfully, remember mother's name. It was the name she had always called mother.

Mother.

That is and will always be the name she remembers her mother by.

"..."

Jack the Ripper walked through the bright rays of the sun, her footsteps silent as ever. What was this place? Was this London?

She had appeared here so suddenly, she does not recall how she arrived.

She spoke not a word as she walked.

A bus stop? She had never taken a bus before.

As she approached, she sensed various supernatural entities in the vicinity.

ghu11By.gif

"!!!"

Jack the Ripper prepared to fight.

A careless, potentially fatal mistake on Jack's part, but an even greater mistake would be crossing her path.

For the most part, anyways. The beasts that lurked in this zone seemed very capable of parring with her.

Plus, she had realised that all her weapons were gone - her butcher knives, her daggers and the lantern. So she wasn't much of a fighter, and it would be a bit unwise to engage in combat.

She looked at the woman, the one introduced as Sherry Birkin.

"We don't know, but we have to find our mother..." Jack says to her. "Have you seen her?"

@Sen @Bomb @Verite @Jeremi @Takumi @Minerva @etcetcetc​

Last edited:
Prologue: Crossroad Hearts

rsz_kyoshiro0512__2__by_teh_zombish-dat7kyx.jpg

"Sojiroooooooo," called the voice of a young girl, sweet and innocent and higher in pitch. Her tone was laced with agony as she rolled over on the couch, tail flicking about lazily as she squirmed. The epitome of boredom, she let out a low groan, clearly agitated by the lack of response. Pouting visibly, she propped herself up on her elbows, one cheek puffing out as she called yet again. "Sojiroooooo, I'm bored! C'mere, meow! Right meowwwwww!" she ordered. Yet again, there was nothing. Now, she was getting annoyed. In a single, fluid motion, she sprung off of the couch, flipping over the backside and picking up a large blue exercise ball mid-bound. This was flipped over as well, picked up through the flip, and immediately hurled at the male in the next room over... Who happened to be in the midst of searching for something. A search that was cut short as the projectile send the burly man stumbling, rubbing at his head where he'd been hit. "Ow! That hurt!! What was that for...?"

"Mmmmmmm I want cake!!!!"
she burst out, ignoring her sole and singular friend's inquiry as she leaped at him, yanking his arm into a lock and slamming her legs against his own in a display that knocked him right off of his feet. Landing swiftly and gracefully, she stepped back from the groaning pile that now laid on the floor, lifting her head and standing tall with arms crossed and eyes closed. "Hmph!"

Another low groan was let out by the large, muscly man as he propped himself up to a seated position, rubbing at his neck with an exhausted expression as he regarded the petite female before him. "Fine, fine; I'll make you a cake," he relented in a grumble, rolling his neck with a faint, painful crack. "But first I've got some business to take care of-- H-hey!!!"

bouncy_rage_by_teh_zombish-db90x6n.gif

Naturally, he wasn't allowed the opportunity to finish his words, Tarlotte leaping into action yet again. The exercise ball had been retrieved, and now repeatedly thudded against the man's shoulder. "Meow, dammitttt! I said meow, not after whatever stupid stuff you were doing! That can wait 'til laterrrrrr!!! Meowwwwwwww!!!" she bellowed, continuing to ram the object against him with passion. Clearly, she wasn't going to take any further ignorance from the only person she had in this world. She didn't take well to being ignored or put off, and there was no one else she'd likely ever get anything from. Not here, anyways. She still remembered that crazy place she had been dragged to against her own will, and...

"T-Tarlotte? Hey! Are you alright? Tarlotte!!!"

Words came from the male she'd been beating on mere moments ago, but they were lost to the feline-resembling teen's ears. A sudden wave of wooziness had overtaken her, leading the ball to drop from her hands, eyes slowly falling closed as she followed suit in the fall to the floor. Only, she never hit; not that she was awake to know. Instead, she found herself somewhere entirely new, by the time she finally came around again. A sensation that was becoming less and less foreign to her, it seemed, as time went on.

That was something she hated.

rsz_swaying_by_teh_zombish-davzv58.jpg

Still, as she awoke, she adjusted accordingly. "Meow...." Golden eyes squinted slightly in what was faint darkness, her ears twitching at the sound of the blaring alarms. Internally, the sound led her to cringe, but she outwardly gave no reaction aside from her tail visibly beginning to wave back and forth slowly where she laid collapsed. Gritting her teeth as she finally really came to, she suddenly felt herself filled with alarm, eyes shooting wide open and she quickly clambering to her feet, looking around wildly.

"M-meow....?" she murmured faintly, having pushed herself to her feet much too quickly and swaying from dizziness initially as a result. Letting out a small groan, she shook her head to rid herself of the sensation, slowly rubbing at her eyes to better alert herself. The alarm had thankfully stopped, but still, things were off. This seemed a lot like the last time....

Suddenly, a pout came to her face, eyebrows knitting together in annoyance as she wildly looked around. "Where the hell are we?" she abruptly demanded, clenching her fists at her sides as she glared at all those around her with clear conviction, tail swishing 'menacingly' and a 'dangerous' edge to her adorable voice that was far too cute to sound even remotely threatening, in all honesty. "And who are all of you, anyways?!"

@Whoevs​

Prologue: Crossroad Hearts

rsz_kyoshiro0512__2__by_teh_zombish-dat7kyx.jpg

"Sojiroooooooo," called the voice of a young girl, sweet and innocent and higher in pitch. Her tone was laced with agony as she rolled over on the couch, tail flicking about lazily as she squirmed. The epitome of boredom, she let out a low groan, clearly agitated by the lack of response. Pouting visibly, she propped herself up on her elbows, one cheek puffing out as she called yet again. "Sojiroooooo, I'm bored! C'mere, meow! Right meowwwwww!" she ordered. Yet again, there was nothing. Now, she was getting annoyed. In a single, fluid motion, she sprung off of the couch, flipping over the backside and picking up a large blue exercise ball mid-bound. This was flipped over as well, picked up through the flip, and immediately hurled at the male in the next room over... Who happened to be in the midst of searching for something. A search that was cut short as the projectile send the burly man stumbling, rubbing at his head where he'd been hit. "Ow! That hurt!! What was that for...?"

"Mmmmmmm I want cake!!!!"
she burst out, ignoring her sole and singular friend's inquiry as she leaped at him, yanking his arm into a lock and slamming her legs against his own in a display that knocked him right off of his feet. Landing swiftly and gracefully, she stepped back from the groaning pile that now laid on the floor, lifting her head and standing tall with arms crossed and eyes closed. "Hmph!"

Another low groan was let out by the large, muscly man as he propped himself up to a seated position, rubbing at his neck with an exhausted expression as he regarded the petite female before him. "Fine, fine; I'll make you a cake," he relented in a grumble, rolling his neck with a faint, painful crack. "But first I've got some business to take care of-- H-hey!!!"

bouncy_rage_by_teh_zombish-db90x6n.gif

Naturally, he wasn't allowed the opportunity to finish his words, Tarlotte leaping into action yet again. The exercise ball had been retrieved, and now repeatedly thudded against the man's shoulder. "Meow, dammitttt! I said meow, not after whatever stupid stuff you were doing! That can wait 'til laterrrrrr!!! Meowwwwwwww!!!" she bellowed, continuing to ram the object against him with passion. Clearly, she wasn't going to take any further ignorance from the only person she had in this world. She didn't take well to being ignored or put off, and there was no one else she'd likely ever get anything from. Not here, anyways. She still remembered that crazy place she had been dragged to against her own will, and...

"T-Tarlotte? Hey! Are you alright? Tarlotte!!!"

Words came from the male she'd been beating on mere moments ago, but they were lost to the feline-resembling teen's ears. A sudden wave of wooziness had overtaken her, leading the ball to drop from her hands, eyes slowly falling closed as she followed suit in the fall to the floor. Only, she never hit; not that she was awake to know. Instead, she found herself somewhere entirely new, by the time she finally came around again. A sensation that was becoming less and less foreign to her, it seemed, as time went on.

That was something she hated.

rsz_swaying_by_teh_zombish-davzv58.jpg

Still, as she awoke, she adjusted accordingly. "Meow...." Golden eyes squinted slightly in what was faint darkness, her ears twitching at the sound of the blaring alarms. Internally, the sound led her to cringe, but she outwardly gave no reaction aside from her tail visibly beginning to wave back and forth slowly where she laid collapsed. Gritting her teeth as she finally really came to, she suddenly felt herself filled with alarm, eyes shooting wide open and she quickly clambering to her feet, looking around wildly.

"M-meow....?" she murmured faintly, having pushed herself to her feet much too quickly and swaying from dizziness initially as a result. Letting out a small groan, she shook her head to rid herself of the sensation, slowly rubbing at her eyes to better alert herself. The alarm had thankfully stopped, but still, things were off. This seemed a lot like the last time....

Suddenly, a pout came to her face, eyebrows knitting together in annoyance as she wildly looked around. "Where the hell are we?" she abruptly demanded, clenching her fists at her sides as she glared at all those around her with clear conviction, tail swishing 'menacingly' and a 'dangerous' edge to her adorable voice that was far too cute to sound even remotely threatening, in all honesty. "And who are all of you, anyways?!"

@Whoevs​
Chucky's attention was soon taken away from Sammy when some... cat girl started punching around the room. Well, that was new. Then again he was a talking homicidal toy from the eighties, so anything is possible really.

Instead of being threatened, the doll burst out laughing at the mere sight of Tarlotte.

sp1eh7.gif

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Wh-what the fuck are you even supposed to be?! Y-you look even dumber than that tiger on the cereal box! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Chucky laughed, though it's not like he could be talking. He was a doll, after all.

@Midnight Maiden @Lissamel @Jeremi

Reactions: Crow
Those looking for an exit found it near the window that Sherry was looking through. "Be careful," Sherry responded to Grell and Ethan heading towards the exit. "We don't know what's out there."

Peering outside they found a quiet little town. The only sound they could hear were the caws of a conspiracy of raven's flying overhead. You seemed to have landed in a proverbial ghost town.​

"Division of Security Operations,"
She replied to the boy calling himself Joker. "It's an anti-bioterrorism organization." She wasn't quite sure what to make of him, or anyone else here either, but she wasn't going to start creating waves just yet until she absolutely had to.​

@Khan of the Mardu

A fire alarm woke Yuri up from her trance. She had been so engrossed in her book, she wasn't paying attention to anything. She looked up from her book, ready to evacuate. She was surprised to see that this wasn't the Literature Club classroom, and that her knife from her collection wasn't on her. She slowly stood up from her sitting position. She looked around to find she was in an abandoned bus station. She quietly folded down the page of her book.

"Could someone tell me where we are and how we got here?" she asked calmly.

Anti-bioterrorism organization... so she dealt with groups such as the Aum Shinrikyo movement? An interesting bit of trivia about the woman, but beyond essentially saying she was a cop, it didn't help much in all honesty. "Sounds more like you deal in the security of whatever government you're a part of... Then again, I guess every officer does that by extension of their job," He rambled off quickly before looking around the station once again, calling out to the girl lugging a book about, "Certainly not a station I've ever seen, and your guess is as good as mine. Seems we all woke up here, and... well, some started looking about, while others..." He glanced over towards what appeared to be a little person or a strange doll that shouted at a man of faith, a sigh escaping him, "Others started picking fights with each other."

"Miss Sherry, should one of us step in? You're the officer here, so I'll follow you," Unless she proved incompetent. Despite his hopes that she would be a reasonable authority figure... she would probably despite him.

@Lissamel @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

It was a typical day for the not-so-typical honor student Makoto Niijima--or so it seemed to be at first. The girl went to school as she usually did, more focused than ever on her studies now that she was no longer involved with phantom thief activities. She was more motivated than ever, determined to make her dream of becoming a police officer into a reality. All she needed to do was work as hard as she was able in order to get into her top school of choice. The girl new she could do it if she put her mind to it.

Yet, somewhere deep in her mind something tugged at her consciousness--distracting her at times. Or maybe it would be more accurate to say someone was distracting her, someone who wasn't even around right now. Makoto missed Akira, the former phantom thieves leader, whom she had come to hold dear to her heart. He entered into her life and changed her, but ended up returning to his home after his probation was over. As much as she longed to be with him again, the girl couldn't let this bother her while there was still work to be done.

Nevertheless, her school work would be put on hold for the time being.

She wasn't sure how she ended up in this new environment, but the brunette found herself awakened to a start by a fire alarm blaring in her ears. She left out a cry of surprise and rose to her feet--covering her ears only a second later. The ringing of the alarm, however, seemed to fade away just as quickly as it had started and she found herself dropping her hands back down to her sides.

tumblr_inline_on351pfGXr1spyoy0_100.png

"Where... am I? What the--"

The honor student cut herself off, examining the clothing she was currently wearing. She was dressed from head to toe in her phantom thief garb--a rebellious biker outfit complete with a mask to match. "Why these clothes?" the girl questioned to herself, an audible groan sounding in the back of her throat. Makoto had never been fond of this outfit. Despite the fact that it was supposed to be her rebellious will projected onto her appearance, the girl never felt it was a fitting look for her.

"Okay, focus, Makoto," she said to herself, pulling her attention away from her clothes and back to the matter at hand. It was probably more important that she figured out where she was first. Before she could question anyone, however, the girl found herself yet again caught off guard, but this time by the voice of a familiar male.

Makoto turned around to see none other than Akira Kurusu before her, the very same male she had been longing to see again for quite some time now. Emotion froze the student; her mouth fell open immediately and her heart stopped. "A-Akira," she whispered to herself, the urge hug him on the spot almost so overpowering that it ached for her to not act on the sensation. But like the boy, she would also not rush into a hug and instead would approach him professionally just as he had. There would be plenty of time to act on her feelings later, after they figured out what was going on.

"Joker, it's been a while," she said, smiling at him before she would shyly tuck a lock of brown hair behind one of her ears. "It's great to see you, although, I pictured our next meeting happening a bit differently than... this," she said, gesturing to the area they were at.

She would then turn to Sherry just as Joker had, placing a hand on her hip before speaking with her. "Sherry-san, was it? We're in the same boat as you are, I'm afraid--" Her attention drifted when her eyes would set on Chucky. She squeaked in the back of her throat and placed her hands over her heart. "Uhhh, did that doll just... talk?" she asked, tensing anxiously. "Okay, it just talked and laughed. That's-- Tell me I'm imagining this," she said, swallowing a lump in her throat.

@Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore

Last edited:

tumblr_njebkgTnwU1r05fd6o8_r1_250.gif

"Don't you worry, little miss. The unknown's my specialty,"
Ethan said confidently as he glanced back at Sherry, observing her American accent. He would have questioned what an American was doing here, but... Well, first he had to figure out where exactly "here" was.

With that, he nodded toward Grell, allowing her to walk past him first. "Ladies first," he spoke, before peering out to look around the town. It was an eerie sight, with no one in view. Ethan hesitated to move out, not knowing where he'd even go if he did, and deciding to leave it to a group discussion when the others gathered their bearings.

Assuming the others had the capacity to provoke any sort of discussion.

"Well, I guess we're in some shit, pardon my French," he said to Grell, glancing toward her, "The name's Ethan. Charmed, I'm--Hey, shut the fuck up, whoever the hell is laughing!" Ethan said, interrupting himself to reprimand whoever the hell was laughing his ass off back in the building, before turning back to Grell, "... Apologies. You got a name?"

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Anybody

It was a typical day for the not-so-typical honor student Makoto Niijima--or so it seemed to be at first. The girl went to school as she usually did, more focused than ever on her studies now that she was no longer involved with phantom thief activities. She was more motivated than ever, determined to make her dream of becoming a police officer into a reality. All she needed to do was work as hard as she was able in order to get into her top school of choice. The girl new she could do it if she put her mind to it.

Yet, somewhere deep in her mind something tugged at her consciousness--distracting her at times. Or maybe it would be more accurate to say someone was distracting her, someone who wasn't even around right now. Makoto missed Akira, the former phantom thieves leader, whom she had come to hold dear to her heart. He entered into her life and changed her, but ended up returning to his home after his probation was over. As much as she longed to be with him again, the girl couldn't let this bother her while there was still work to be done.

She wasn't sure how she ended up in this new environment, but the brunette found herself awakened to a start by a fire alarm blaring in her ears. She left out a cry of surprise and rose to her feet--covering her ears only a second later. The ringing of the alarm, however, seemed to fade away just as quickly as it had started and she found herself dropping her hands back down to her sides.

The honor student cut herself off, examining the clothing she was currently wearing. She was dressed from head to toe in her phantom thief garb--a rebellious biker outfit complete with a mask to match. "Why these clothes?" the girl questioned to herself, an audible groan sounding in the back of her throat. Makoto had never been fond of this outfit. Despite the fact that it was supposed to be her rebellious will projected onto her appearance, the girl never felt it was a fitting look for her.

"Okay, focus, Makoto," she said to herself, pulling her attention away from her clothes and back to the matter at hand. It was probably more important that she figured out where she was first. Before she could question anyone, however, the girl found herself yet again caught off guard, but this time by the voice of a familiar male.

Makoto turned around to see none other than Akira Kurusu before her, the very same male she had been longing to see again for quite some time now. Emotion froze the student; her mouth fell open immediately and her heart stopped. "A-Akira," she whispered to herself, the urge hug him in the spot almost so overpowering that it ached for her to not act on the sensation. But like the boy, she would also not rush into a hug and instead would approach him professionally just as he had. There would be plenty of time to act on her feelings later, after they figured out what was going on.

"Joker, it's been a while," she said, smiling at him before she would shyly tuck a lock of brown hair behind one of her ears. "It's great to see you, although, I pictured our next meeting happening a bit differently than... this," she said, gesturing to the area they were at.

She would then turn to Sherry just as Joker had, placing a hand on her hip before speaking with her. "Sherry-san, was it? We're in the same boat as you are, I'm afraid--" Her attention drifted when her eyes would set on Chucky. She squeaked in the back of her throat and placed her hands over her heart. "Uhhh, did that doll just... talk?" she asked, tensing anxiously. "Okay, it just talked and laughed. That's-- Tell me I'm imagining this," she said, swallowing a lump in her throat.

"Strange, I could have sworn it was a small child whose mouth hasn't been washed out yet..." Joker countered with a smile, trying to elicit a laugh or at least sooth his companion. The adorable tucking of her hair caught his eyes for a moment, a snicker escaping him as he slipped his hands into his pockets, "It might not be ideal... but at least we're in it together. Easier to trust a fellow thief during moments like these."

Makoto turned around to see none other than Akira Kurusu before her, the very same male she had been longing to see again for quite some time now. Emotion froze the student; her mouth fell open immediately and her heart stopped. "A-Akira," she whispered to herself, the urge hug him in the spot almost so overpowering that it ached for her to not act on the sensation. But like the boy, she would also not rush into a hug and instead would approach him professionally just as he had. There would be plenty of time to act on her feelings later, after they figured out what was going on.

229AITHpodcast2.jpg

"Sorry toots, but you ain't imagining nothin'. I'm a vintage, mass marketed children's toy from the eighties standing right in front of you and laughing my ass off at the cat freak." Chucky said, talking slow as he explained the situation to her.

tumblr_njebkgTnwU1r05fd6o8_r1_250.gif

"Don't you worry, little miss. The unknown's my specialty," Ethan said confidently as he glanced back at Sherry, observing her American accent. He would have questioned what an American was doing here, but... Well, first he had to figure out where exactly "here" was.

With that, he nodded toward Grell, allowing her to walk past him first. "Ladies first," he spoke, before peering out to look around the town. It was an eerie sight, with no one in view. Ethan hesitated to move out, not knowing where he'd even go if he did, and deciding to leave it to a group discussion when the others gathered their bearings.

Assuming the others had the capacity to provoke any sort of discussion.

"Well, I guess we're in some shit, pardon my French," he said to Grell, glancing toward her, "The name's Ethan. Charmed, I'm--Hey, shut the fuck up, whoever the hell is laughing!" Ethan said, interrupting himself to reprimand whoever the hell was laughing his ass off back in the building, before turning back to Grell, "... Apologies. You got a name?"

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Anybody
giphy.gif

"UP YOURS, DICKFACE!!"
Chucky shouted in return. Two could play at this game.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu @Lissamel @Jeremi @Yun Lee

Chucky's attention was soon taken away from Sammy when some... cat girl started punching around the room. Well, that was new. Then again he was a talking homicidal toy from the eighties, so anything is possible really.

Instead of being threatened, the doll burst out laughing at the mere sight of Tarlotte.

sp1eh7.gif

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! Wh-what the fuck are you even supposed to be?! Y-you look even dumber than that tiger on the cereal box! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!" Chucky laughed, though it's not like he could be talking. He was a doll, after all.

@Midnight Maiden @Lissamel @Jeremi
srsly_by_teh_zombish-davztq9.jpg

"..."

It was with complete and utter casualness that the girl reared her foot back.... And kicked the doll, likely either launching it or just it's head, depending on the durability with which it was manufactured. Even without her superhuman qualities, Tarlotte's strength was beyond that that would be average. And that definitely wasn't required to punt the annoying thing across the room.

Not bothering to acknowledge it any further than that, her glower returned to the rest. "So where the hell are we?! Don't tell me mew're all deaf...!"

@thatguyinthestore @others​