Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

MoFaWRR.png

"Hey now, I'm the one who's been out of action for a while." The white-haired boy brandished his knife. "You should let me at him, to vent out my stress, THEN we let the vampire guy have him." Unknown looked at Vlad with a somewhat incredulous expression, "You are a proper vampire, right? This isn't a Halloween joke?"

"I think people who look as old as you dressing up for Halloween is kind of... ah, lame."

MaC2HVE.png

"Maybe I'll be nice this once. Simon, are you interested in finding true happiness? We're always looking for sad, sad people like you who don't see the truth. Yes... salvation is the best thing for anybody. It's like having Christmas everyday-"

"Mood killer. But I guess you're right." He turned to look at Simon with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "But my offer stands, unless you want to get murdered by old-man-vampire here, or anime girl Ripper, or... a doll."

@Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @BarrenThin @York @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah

"Why not share?" He resumed glowering at Simon.

The King of Sylvania seemed to consider this. It was fortunate his full ire hadn't been provoked; he was known to pursue his revenge almost suicidally. After a minute of thought, he stood and brushed his dishevelled clothing. "Perhaps you are correct."

"If we kill him, as much of a liability he may be, I doubt we'll even be uneasily welcome within the group. I don't want that for either side. After all, we make up a decent portion of the group's greater warriors; even with that fact, however, I doubt we could reach the end alone. We should refrain from ending his pathetic, wretched, disgusting mortal life." The vampire looked at Simon once more. "Of course, I won't make any promises about if he endangers us again."

The vampire nodded. "Human blood isn't quite as succulent as Elvish blood, but it is delicious in its own right." Morbid half-joke aside, Vlad motioned about once more. "We still need to find the true source of that horrible ruckus."

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Station​
"Fine! Fine. How's about we reach ourselves a little mutual agreement over who gets what?" Chucky asked as he looked between Vlad, Jack, and Unknown.

"I got dibs on his head. Best part in my opinion. You guys can have anything below that if shitface over there fucks up again. Sound good?" Chucky asked, clearly seeing nothing wrong with betting away Simon's life like it was nothing.

@BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @York @Jeremi @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk

"Fine! Fine. How's about we reach ourselves a little mutual agreement over who gets what?" Chucky asked as he looked between Vlad, Jack, and Unknown.

"I got dibs on his head. Best part in my opinion. You guys can have anything below that if shitface over there fucks up again. Sound good?" Chucky asked, clearly seeing nothing wrong with betting away Simon's life like it was nothing.

@BarrenThin @Crow @Sen @York @Jeremi @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk

As Joker came in to push the Trapper grabbed him by the throat and leaped into the flames, the shock and heat of the flames were enough to make Joker flare up in seconds.

If any of the escaping people looked back they'd just see the Trapper standing among the flames before being enveloped by them as well.

Perhaps by eliminating three in their group his job was done?

For the others escaping the burning inferno they'd be able to navigate through the flames to a safe location. They found themselves at the waters edge next to a rundown house that Theo and the group had stumbled on. Of course the forest group didn't know that but it seemed like it was for the time being the only place to escape the ever closing inferno. Grell had done a real good job with starting that fire.

@Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @dark @ThatAverageGuy @ForestGroup

Whatever the rest decided the ones heading left ended up walking through a corridor that twisted and turned making it seem like it went on forever under the blinking lights in the ceiling. After awhile though they'd hear something filling the air. Was that...music?

Sherry wasn't familiar with the things Vlad was counting up, she just figured that they came from very different worlds. "I can't imagine why people would come down here and start spraying graffiti all over it...be really careful you guys."

For anyone investigating to try and see what the name of the station was they could only find the word 'Nowhere' sprayed repeatedly through out the area.

As Vlad went further in the group suddenly heard a banging sound emitting through the entire area, due to that you couldn't exactly say where the sound was originating from. The station itself didn't seem to change much the further they went though as they noticed another flight of stairs similar to the ones they came down from. That sound though continued on leaving Sherry at least uneasy.

Queen's attacks had woken the man out of his slumber and instead of a face of horror at seeing Queen and Kuro it was a look of relief and happiness. "T-Thank God!" He went in for a hug on Queen. "You're awake! Oh thank God you're awake!"

As this was going on another of the pods woke to life revealing Joker inside of it as the cover slid open. He too found his equipment on him as well as sensing his Persona.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Khan of the Mardu
"H-Hey!" Queen stuttered as the strange man suddenly hugged her. She awkwardly stood there, not intent on hugging him back. No, she still needed answers before she was going to start being friendly with this guy. "Yes, we've established that I'm awake. Now can you tell me what the hell is going on?" she questioned, tapping her foot on the floor when the man would pull away from her. "I was in a forest and I thought I died! And this little guy," said, gesturing to Kuro, "died trying to help me. I'd really like some answers here."

After speaking she would hear the sound of another pod opening, turning around to see Joker had come out of it. Her mouth fell open and a whirlwind of emotions hit her. "J-Joker?" She wasn't sure if she was relieved to see him, or upset figuring he had just died like she had. Queen didn't see any of the others either, so they had probably all managed to escape the forest. Knowing Joker, he had probably tried to stay behind and fight that monster like some kind of brave, dashing idiot after she had died. Why was she even surprised?

The girl quickly moved over to Joker, pulling up his mask without hesitation so she could see his face. She caressed his cheek gently, worriedly looking over him like a mother hen. "You're actually here..." She pulled back her hand after a moment, and removed a tekko from one of her hands, using that same hand to punch him in the arm. Even without the tekko, it probably still hurt. "Y-You reckless fool! If you're here, that means you died. I didn't want you to die for me! I told you to get out of that forest and escape with everyone!" she scolded, also in a somewhat motherly manner. Feeling the tears again return to he eyes, she pressed her face into Joker's chest to hide them before she wrapped her arms around him. "Jeez, why do you always have to be so reckless, Akira?" she questioned, her voice slightly muffled by his chest. God, he had worried the hell out of her. Still, it was such a relief to see him.

@Bomb @Khan of the Mardu @Jeremi

XRvfe1g.png

"What? No way, dolly. I want the head- or at least the brain. That's where all the good stuff is. Wonder if I can hook him to a computer and make him into the perfect disciple for the Savior...?" he pondered. "We're in need for more... intelligent believers these days, with that fucking redhead around."

806313134_058.bmp

"Oh, you've gotta be fuckin kidding me!" Chucky exclaimed in a somewhat annoyed tone due to the disappointment of the shadows not belonging to a deranged killer or some dead bodies of some sort.

Easing the grip on his scythe a bit, the doll approached Theo and Yuri.

XxAO4.jpg

"What the fuck're you doin' here?" Chucky asked Theo, sounding less than pleased to see him. He'd only interacted with the man once up until this point, and in said interaction, Theo didn't make a good first impression with Chucky.

The doll would then proceed to turn to Yuri, looking over the new girl before opening his mouth to ask a very simple question.

687474703a2f2f32352e6d656469612e74756d626c722e636f6d2f35363833376336316331313939313766333930393331616664393339313261332f74756d626c725f6d76763962304748344c3171617364656d6f315f3530302e676966

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Sen @York @Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi

After a light glare at Chucky, Jack takes a single step forward, preparing her weapons, but halted the moment Simon threw a rock at the shadows.

It was soon revealed that Theo and Yuri were the ones behind the shadows. In other words, allies who were with the group.

32jZ16p.png

"Hey, hey, we didn't quite catch your names back there, care to introduce yourselves?" Jack asks the two with a light smile that easily hid her true nature.

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Sen @York @Crow @BarrenThin @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi
It appeared that whatever the sound had been neither Theo or Yuri had heard it this whole time. "Well I'm glad we met up with some friendly faces." Sherry came up to the two and looked around. "But how did you two end up here? I thought you went with the people going into the forest?"

MoFaWRR.png

"Hey now, I'm the one who's been out of action for a while." The white-haired boy brandished his knife. "You should let me at him, to vent out my stress, THEN we let the vampire guy have him." Unknown looked at Vlad with a somewhat incredulous expression, "You are a proper vampire, right? This isn't a Halloween joke?"

"I think people who look as old as you dressing up for Halloween is kind of... ah, lame."

MaC2HVE.png

"Maybe I'll be nice this once. Simon, are you interested in finding true happiness? We're always looking for sad, sad people like you who don't see the truth. Yes... salvation is the best thing for anybody. It's like having Christmas everyday-"

"Mood killer. But I guess you're right." He turned to look at Simon with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes. "But my offer stands, unless you want to get murdered by old-man-vampire here, or anime girl Ripper, or... a doll."

@Crow @Jeremi @Takumi @BarrenThin @York @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah

Yuri was quiet as they approached the other group. The... doll... asked her to introduce herself. Well, wha tt a day, huh? She quietly nodded. "Oh, it's Yuri." she said. Then they started talking about killing another member, so, Yuri retreated to her book.

Well, no point in being at the mercy of the flames! Grell would run into the house because, well, it was either that, burn to a crisp, or take her chances in the water-which she didn't trust. In a place like this, things that appeared obvious to do would get you hurt or killed. In a way, this was like some perverse Wonderland-logic was out the window.

@Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @ThatAverageGuy @dark @ForestGroup -> @Shack​

XRvfe1g.png

"What? No way, dolly. I want the head- or at least the brain. That's where all the good stuff is. Wonder if I can hook him to a computer and make him into the perfect disciple for the Savior...?" he pondered. "We're in need for more... intelligent believers these days, with that fucking redhead around."

maxresdefault.jpg

"No, I already got dibs on the fuckin' head. You can have a leg or somethin'." Chucky snapped back angrily.

@Sen @Jeremi @BarrenThin @Crow @Minerva @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9

"Why not share?" He resumed glowering at Simon.

The King of Sylvania seemed to consider this. It was fortunate his full ire hadn't been provoked; he was known to pursue his revenge almost suicidally. After a minute of thought, he stood and brushed his dishevelled clothing. "Perhaps you are correct."

"If we kill him, as much of a liability he may be, I doubt we'll even be uneasily welcome within the group. I don't want that for either side. After all, we make up a decent portion of the group's greater warriors; even with that fact, however, I doubt we could reach the end alone. We should refrain from ending his pathetic, wretched, disgusting mortal life." The vampire looked at Simon once more. "Of course, I won't make any promises about if he endangers us again."

The vampire nodded. "Human blood isn't quite as succulent as Elvish blood, but it is delicious in its own right." Morbid half-joke aside, Vlad motioned about once more. "We still need to find the true source of that horrible ruckus."

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Station​

Well, at least his words worked somewhat. Though he felt bad for Simon, pitying him a bit.

MoFaWRR.png

MaC2HVE.png

"No point in thinking of killing someone, or letting temptation come along now of all times, we still have to work together whether we want to or not." Seishin replied, why did it feel like talking to a child? Almost like with Sunako's more childish side.

Now the three of their group were arguing over it. Deciding to let them for a moment he went over to Simon and placed a hand on his shoulder momentarily.

"Be extra careful around this group from now on." he warned a bit in exasperation. Although, the man had been the first to actively help him out of the well he had ended up creating a target on his back.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Anybody I missed @Tunnel

Theo Raeken

Theo rubbed his temples and sighed, as he looked over at Jack, Chucky, Unknown and Vlad. " Arguing on who can murder an ally seems entirely stupid, but so was his action of throwing a rock at shadows when he didn't know what they were. I don't disagree that he could have handled it better, but likewise, he's young and he's probably paranoid. As much as I hate to say, it would work better if we tried to work together. We don't have to like the actions the others took, but the more alive, the less problems we will have in the future. Also, before I forgot, the loud and abrasive one and two of our other allies went down the left corridor."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Minerva @Takumi @Tunnel

Well, at least his words worked somewhat. Though he felt bad for Simon, pitying him a bit.

"No point in thinking of killing someone, or letting temptation come along now of all times, we still have to work together whether we want to or not." Seishin replied, why did it feel like talking to a child? Almost like with Sunako's more childish side.

Now the three of their group were arguing over it. Deciding to let them for a moment he went over to Simon and placed a hand on his shoulder momentarily.

"Be extra careful around this group from now on." he warned a bit in exasperation. Although, the man had been the first to actively help him out of the well he had ended up creating a target on his back.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Anybody I missed @Tunnel
Theo Raeken

Theo rubbed his temples and sighed, as he looked over at Jack, Chucky, Unknown and Vlad. " Arguing on who can murder an ally seems entirely stupid, but so was his action of throwing a rock at shadows when he didn't know what they were. I don't disagree that he could have handled it better, but likewise, he's young and he's probably paranoid. As much as I hate to say, it would work better if we tried to work together. We don't have to like the actions the others took, but the more alive, the less problems we will have in the future. Also, before I forgot, the loud and abrasive one and two of our other allies went down the left corridor."

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Minerva @Takumi @Tunnel

"Hey, I was nice enough to offer him a place at the Savior's side. What greater honour is there? You can always be happy, and never again have to feel sad. There's no disappointment, only salvation! It's killing in a nice way - killing your sinful, sad old self."

"I think we should focus on the banging though, it's fucking annoying. Are we gonna go find the source or try and meet up with the others?"

maxresdefault.jpg

"No, I already got dibs on the fuckin' head. You can have a leg or somethin'." Chucky snapped back angrily.

@Sen @Jeremi @BarrenThin @Crow @Minerva @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9

"What the fuck are you gonna do with the brain? Tucking it inside that plastic head of yours isn't going to make you any smarter. Give it to me, I have better uses for it. You can keep the head as a trophy or some sort of weird Halloween mask or something."

"What the fuck are you gonna do with the brain? Tucking it inside that plastic head of yours isn't going to make you any smarter. Give it to me, I have better uses for it. You can keep the head as a trophy or some sort of weird Halloween mask or something."

@thatguyinthestore
"Fine, you can have his fuckin brain so you can make it a part of your little fucked up cult." Chucky said, being perfectly contempt with this as long as he could keep the head

Theo Raeken

j23VY.jpg

"I don't wanna kill him cause he threw the rock, you fucking moron. I wanna kill him because I enjoy killing people. Helps relieve stress." Chucky said to Theo matter-of-factly. He didn't need a reason for killing Simon, or anyone for that matter. Why can't he murder because it's just something he enjoys doing.

orn9j.jpg

"But... you do have a point. The more people alive, the better. Only cause if some freak asshole with a chainsaw shows up and tries to gut us, we'll know who to use as bait."

Turning to Simon, Chucky would point his scythe at his face before continuing.
"But don't think this lets you off the hook too easy, pal. If you do something dumb like throwing that rock again, I'll cut your fuckin head off. Not cause I care, but cause I don't think Vlad over there won't like it too much, which means I can decapitate you and still get my sweet ass immortality." With that, Chucky slung the scythe back over his shoulder and walked over to a nearby wall.

@Sen @LuckycoolHawk9 @York @Jeremi @BarrenThin @Takumi @Crow @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk

"H-Hey!" Queen stuttered as the strange man suddenly hugged her. She awkwardly stood there, not intent on hugging him back. No, she still needed answers before she was going to start being friendly with this guy. "Yes, we've established that I'm awake. Now can you tell me what the hell is going on?" she questioned, tapping her foot on the floor when the man would pull away from her. "I was in a forest and I thought I died! And this little guy," said, gesturing to Kuro, "died trying to help me. I'd really like some answers here."

After speaking she would hear the sound of another pod opening, turning around to see Joker had come out of it. Her mouth fell open and a whirlwind of emotions hit her. "J-Joker?" She wasn't sure if she was relieved to see him, or upset figuring he had just died like she had. Queen didn't see any of the others either, so they had probably all managed to escape the forest. Knowing Joker, he had probably tried to stay behind and fight that monster like some kind of brave, dashing idiot after she had died. Why was she even surprised?

The girl quickly moved over to Joker, pulling up his mask without hesitation so she could see his face. She caressed his cheek gently, worriedly looking over him like a mother hen. "You're actually here..." She pulled back her hand after a moment, and removed a tekko from one of her hands, using that same hand to punch him in the arm. Even without the tekko, it probably still hurt. "Y-You reckless fool! If you're here, that means you died. I didn't want you to die for me! I told you to get out of that forest and escape with everyone!" she scolded, also in a somewhat motherly manner. Feeling the tears again return to he eyes, she pressed her face into Joker's chest to hide them before she wrapped her arms around him. "Jeez, why do you always have to be so reckless, Akira?" she questioned, her voice slightly muffled by his chest. God, he had worried the hell out of her. Still, it was such a relief to see him.

Off-balance would be the perfect word to describe Joker's current state as he woke up in the cold, sterile space station that drifted through empty space. Waking up here... felt completely wrong with what had just occurred. He still remembered how the flames had licked at his skin in that forest, how he had fought back the tears at Queen's end. Yet here he was, waking up here in a pod, and now choking back tears at the sight of the woman he loved.

It felt like a nightmare had passed, an illusionary period that they had escaped to return to reality.

"M-Makoto," No care was paid to codenames any longer as his hand reached up to touch hers during that caress, only to be withdrawn with a wince as she popped him good in the forearm. He didn't bother to try to counter or correct her as she scolded; the queen was right, he was a complete fool in his behavior. He had been reckless to keep fighting...

"I'm sorry, Makoto..." That's all he could say as he returned the hug, just wishing to comfort her in some way at least. Sometimes, he really was a complete idiot.

@Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"D-died?" The man stammered out before he slapped himself on the head. "Died! Of course that's how you could get out of the program! I-I'm so stupid!" The scientist took out a pad that he started to scribble something into. "Y-you're not dead!" He finally responded between tinkering on the pad. "You're i-in fact more alive then you've been for awhile! I've been trying e-everything to get you out of the simulation!"

@Bomb @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @SpaceStation

Well, no point in being at the mercy of the flames! Grell would run into the house because, well, it was either that, burn to a crisp, or take her chances in the water-which she didn't trust. In a place like this, things that appeared obvious to do would get you hurt or killed. In a way, this was like some perverse Wonderland-logic was out the window.

@Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @ThatAverageGuy @dark @ForestGroup -> @Shack​

Inside Grell would find the opened fridge with the path leading down that Theo and the gang had used previously. She could hear chatter echoing up to her signifying that there was someone inside.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Kaykay @ThatAverageGuy @dark @ForestGroup -> Shack
Theo Raeken

"I'd have to agree with that."
Sherry echoed Theo's statement. "Shopping lists of gore can wait." She looked down the other tunnel that the others had gone into. "Should we follow them to see if they're alright? We found some sort of station further underground and I think there was another larger tunnel there, but I don't want to move on until we know that everyone's alright."

The sound that they had heard earlier seemed to have gone quiet for the time being. One has to wonder what could have made all of that noise and then suddenly just disappear.

"D-died?" The man stammered out before he slapped himself on the head. "Died! Of course that's how you could get out of the program! I-I'm so stupid!" The scientist took out a pad that he started to scribble something into. "Y-you're not dead!" He finally responded between tinkering on the pad. "You're i-in fact more alive then you've been for awhile! I've been trying e-everything to get you out of the simulation!"

Inside Grell would find the opened fridge with the path leading down that Theo and the gang had used previously. She could hear chatter echoing up to her signifying that there was someone inside.

Sherry echoed Theo's statement. "Shopping lists of gore can wait." She looked down the other tunnel that the others had gone into. "Should we follow them to see if they're alright? We found some sort of station further underground and I think there was another larger tunnel there, but I don't want to move on until we know that everyone's alright."

The sound that they had heard earlier seemed to have gone quiet for the time being. One has to wonder what could have made all of that noise and then suddenly just disappear.

Cult-of-Chucky-trailer.jpg

"Fuck that. It ain't our faults those dumbasses were stubborn and didn't go with these two." Chucky said, not necessarily liking the idea of hunting down two people he didn't care about, one of which tried to murder him earlier for whatever reason.

@Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Atomyk @Sen @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Minerva @Takumi

"Who's there?!" Grell would call out, whipping out her lighter. "I burned down an entire forest, and I'm not afraid to burn you with it!"

@Jeremi

Off-balance would be the perfect word to describe Joker's current state as he woke up in the cold, sterile space station that drifted through empty space. Waking up here... felt completely wrong with what had just occurred. He still remembered how the flames had licked at his skin in that forest, how he had fought back the tears at Queen's end. Yet here he was, waking up here in a pod, and now choking back tears at the sight of the woman he loved.

It felt like a nightmare had passed, an illusionary period that they had escaped to return to reality.

"M-Makoto," No care was paid to codenames any longer as his hand reached up to touch hers during that caress, only to be withdrawn with a wince as she popped him good in the forearm. He didn't bother to try to counter or correct her as she scolded; the queen was right, he was a complete fool in his behavior. He had been reckless to keep fighting...

"I'm sorry, Makoto..." That's all he could say as he returned the hug, just wishing to comfort her in some way at least. Sometimes, he really was a complete idiot.

@Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi

Hearing the apology escape from her boyfriend's lips was like a tug at her heartstrings. Makoto gripped onto his coat, unmoving for a moment as she would take in the scent of coffee that always seemed to linger with him. She couldn't allow herself to be so hard on him. He had suffered just as he had. And, thinking about things from his perspective, the girl realized that it probably had been horrifying for him to watch her die. It's no wonder he hadn't been thinking straight and had stayed behind to fight until his own death. Knowing this, she realized it was selfish of her to take out her frustration on him.

Sighing, Queen pulled back and placed her hand on his arm where she had punched him, smoothing her thumb over the spot. "I'm sorry too, Akira." For the time being, she also dropped his codename. Saying his real name right now honestly made her feel more at ease. It was a welcome feeling after how stressed out she had just been before waking up. "The sight you witnessed was probably horrific for you."

She retracted her hand to tuck a lock of brown hair behind one of her ears. Afterwards, she reached up and tenderly smoothed a few locks of his own dark hair out of his eyes before resting her hand on his cheek again. "But it's okay. We're both okay and we're together. That's all that matters," she said, also hoping to comfort him. With her free hand she took off her own mask, so he could more clearly see her face. She looked in his eyes, emotions displaying relief yet also a bit of worry. Akira appeared downhearted and it was hard to see him like that. "I won't ever leave you again," she vowed softly. "I promise."

Hearing what the man in the room would say, the girl turned to look at him, reddish-brown eyes widening in surprise. "Excuse me, did you just say we were in some kind of simulation?" she questioned, baffled. "I-I guess that might make sense considering where we woke up, but... god, when I 'died' if felt so real and painful," she said, shivering at the thought. "How in the world did we end up in some kind of simulation?" she questioned.

@Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi

"Who's there?!" Grell would call out, whipping out her lighter. "I burned down an entire forest, and I'm not afraid to burn you with it!"

@Jeremi

Sherry yelped in surprise in hearing Grell shouting. "Grell?" She responded in surprise. "You guys stay here I'll check it out." With that she made her way down the tunnel that she heard Grell's voice from and soon enough she was standing at the bottom of the stairs looking up at Grell. "Grell! You're alright! What about the others?"

@Yun Lee

Hearing the apology escape from her boyfriend's lips was like a tug at her heartstrings. Makoto gripped onto his coat, unmoving for a moment as she would take in the scent of coffee that always seemed to linger with him. She couldn't allow herself to be so hard on him. He had suffered just as he had. And, thinking about things from his perspective, the girl realized that it probably had been horrifying for him to watch her die. It's no wonder he hadn't been thinking straight and had stayed behind to fight until his own death. Knowing this, she realized it was selfish of her to take out her frustration on him.

Sighing, Queen pulled back and placed her hand on his arm where she had punched him, smoothing her thumb over the spot. "I'm sorry too, Akira." For the time being, she also dropped his codename. Saying his real name right now honestly made her feel more at ease. It was a welcome feeling after how stressed out she had just been before waking up. "The sight you witnessed was probably horrific for you."

She retracted her hand to tuck a lock of brown hair behind one of her ears. Afterwards, she reached up and tenderly smoothed a few locks of his own dark hair out of his eyes before resting her hand on his cheek again. "But it's okay. We're both okay and we're together. That's all that matters," she said, also hoping to comfort him. With her free hand she took off her own mask, so he could more clearly see her face. She looked in his eyes, emotions displaying relief yet also a bit of worry. Akira appeared downhearted and it was hard to see him like that. "I won't ever leave you again," she vowed softly. "I promise."

Hearing what the man in the room would say, the girl turned to look at him, reddish-brown eyes widening in surprise. "Excuse me, did you just say we were in some kind of simulation?" she questioned, baffled. "I-I guess that might make sense considering where we woke up, but... god, when I 'died' if felt so real and painful," she said, shivering at the thought. "How in the world did we end up in some kind of simulation?" she questioned.

@Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi

The scientist had a confused look on his face. "Um...d-don't you remember? You signed up for it."

@Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Varus
@Darkseide @Josh M @Jeremi @Cabin - Left Group
The music continued to get louder and soon the trio stumbled upon a dead end. There was a fire burning in a barrel and it looked like there was a sleeping alcove in the corner. The source of the music appeared to be a music box sitting on the ground. You didn't recognize the melody but the melody was calm and soothing.
"Hmph."

Varus wasn't particularly happy when he found a dead end. More time was wasted. Now he and his allies would have to hurry up and go down the way Theo and Yuri went.

Before leaving, however, he focused his attention on the sleeping alcove. What kind of person would sleep here, of all places?

He searched the alcove for anything of note. He hoped to find something so this venture wouldn't be a complete waste of time.

(If he didn't find anything, he would turn back.)