Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

"T-The station is being attacked b-by Hell itself. Metaphorically, I-I guess." He replied as he corrected his glasses. "Let me try to explain. We contacted you all for an experiment with VR that we w-were going to sell on my world. Y-you were promised anything that you want...w-well almost everything. We're n-not miracle workers after all."

He tapped on the pad to show a diagnostic check. "When you were sent in another group in our science department was experimenting with black hole t-travel. T-that caused a rift in space time and unleashed hell on us j-just as we started our experiment here. Clearly there was a shock in the system that affected y-your short term memory and the scenario that was created for you to test. A-and when you've been in there most of the station has been overrun by m-monsters. I...I am one of the last humans left on the station, not counting you all o-of course."

@Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Alright, come on then." Shery lead them (and anyone else of the forest group that had arrived) back to the rest of the group who then once they had re-grouped headed back down to the station.

18th-Street-Subway-Station-IRT-6-Line-NYC-Steve-Duncan.jpg

The area hadn't changed any since their last visit but Sherry had been right about there having been a larger tunnel that seemed to be leading some place. "I think we should re-group here and try to figure out what's going on. Anyone agree with me?"

@dark @ThatAverageGuy @Kaykay @Crow @Lissamel @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Otto @Josh M @Darkseide @Station
Queen folded her arms across her chest and nodded at Joker and whispered in reply, "If he's been here all this time then, well, yes." While this man knew more than they did, he honestly seemed a bit confused as to what was going on himself. Still, maybe they could get a few questions answered by talking to him some more. "To be honest, I had deja vu and thought I had woken up in Okumura's Palace," Queen admitted when Joker would talk about the space spa. She elbowed him afterwards. "Don't ask questions like that. I don't even want to imagine how this could get any worse."

She glanced to the frantic man again, listening to his story. "I appreciate you explaining this. It's okay, sir, just calm down." Makoto placed a hand thoughtfully against her chin. "This is... completely crazy. If there are monsters here and the others are still asleep in pods, shouldn't we wake them up and try to find a way to evacuate? In any case, since the three of us have woken up, if there is anything we can do to help you here we may as well try."

@Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Jeremi
"Huh. I guess that is how it could get worse."

Joker rubbed the spot in his side that Queen had elbowed, hand then casually slipping into his jacket to find his weapons. Soon, Paradise Lost was being flipped in his hand, the thief nodded along with his lover with a smile, "Reminds me almost of that strange shooter from America, Doom. Demons running about, causing mayhem in a research facility... Thankfully, if need be, I have a feeling we can finally fight these freaks well enough," A cocky smirk came to grace his lips as he felt the familiar tug of his old companion in his mind, the gentleman thief who granted him all the disguises he could ever need. Hopefully, Makoto would likewise be able to join the fray as well, "I mean, we did overthrow the warden of mankind, so what could a few simple demons do to us?"

So it was a simulation. At first, Kuro was sad. He just wanted to disappear. But then why did he try to save Queen and Ethan? Kuro didn't understand. However, the more greater question was: what convinced Kuro to join the simulation program?

But that didn't matter for now. For now the station was seemingly under attack if the man was telling the truth.

"Yyyou..." Kuro tried to speak. "How to escape?"

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu

Ah, right, the strange little creature who had protected Makoto and gave its life for her. Strange how the little thing could speak, but not as if Joker could say it was silly. He lived with a talking cat who was once his mentor, so why judge? "Simple enough," The teen shot Kuro a charming smile, hoping to keep the creature calm as they planned, "Stay behind Queen and myself, and we will guard you. As a group, we must simply find the means to free our companions from the bonds of those pods and fight through the demons to reach whatever escape vessels might still remain."

"T-The station is being attacked b-by Hell itself. Metaphorically, I-I guess." He replied as he corrected his glasses. "Let me try to explain. We contacted you all for an experiment with VR that we w-were going to sell on my world. Y-you were promised anything that you want...w-well almost everything. We're n-not miracle workers after all."

He tapped on the pad to show a diagnostic check. "When you were sent in another group in our science department was experimenting with black hole t-travel. T-that caused a rift in space time and unleashed hell on us j-just as we started our experiment here. Clearly there was a shock in the system that affected y-your short term memory and the scenario that was created for you to test. A-and when you've been in there most of the station has been overrun by m-monsters. I...I am one of the last humans left on the station, not counting you all o-of course."

"Alright, come on then." Shery lead them (and anyone else of the forest group that had arrived) back to the rest of the group who then once they had re-grouped headed back down to the station.

The area hadn't changed any since their last visit but Sherry had been right about there having been a larger tunnel that seemed to be leading some place. "I think we should re-group here and try to figure out what's going on. Anyone agree with me?"

@dark @ThatAverageGuy @Kaykay @Crow @Lissamel @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Otto @Josh M @Darkseide @Station

36d3a7600dd21ea5ca06d37e619e9fcf849a4d6d_hq.gif

Delsin had just been relieved to live through the fires of the forest at the time. He turned and looked over at Grell "Let's just go."

He noticed Sherry and took a breath "Well, hello again, Sherry."

With that, Delsin followed the others toward the station (Forest group) and he noticed Theo again when he finally arrived at the station.

"Yo, man, what's been going on, Theo."

@LuckycoolHawk9

He looked over at Theo and partway on the ground, searching for something interesting.
@Jeremi

"Well no shit we should figure out what's goin' on." Chucky replied with a deadpan before approaching Grell and Ethan, his scythe still securely slung over his shoulder.

"So... did you two get any action on?" Chucky asked with a smirk before looking up at Ethan specifically. "Maybe after the other two lovebirds fell with their little pet, 'ole Grell gave you a little bit of a..."

tumblr_n74xkvo1aV1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

"You know what I'm talkin' about."
Chucky said with a shit eating grin, clearly trying to piss the pair off. Even though he couldn't kill them for now, there were other ways Chucky could have his fun.

Mainly by being a complete tool.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Jeremi @Crow @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @dark @Kaykay @ThatAverageGuy @Otto @Josh M @BarrenThin @Darkseide @Takumi @York @Lissamel

Theo Raeken

Theo was silent, not wanting to address what either Ethan or Grell had said and he regained his composure as he joined up with the rest of the group. He took a deep breath once all of them were together. He was so lost in his own thoughts that he nearly missed Deslin. " Nothing much, we wound up in the cabin after the rest of the group split up. Are you okay? I heard that you witnessed the loss of three teammates. From what I understand, there was nothing you could do. I hope you don't feel guilty about it..... it was out of your control," he said, hoping to offer the man some comforting words. He really wasn't the pep talk, but he was going to try.

@dark

"I'd have to agree with that." Sherry echoed Theo's statement. "Shopping lists of gore can wait." She looked down the other tunnel that the others had gone into. "Should we follow them to see if they're alright? We found some sort of station further underground and I think there was another larger tunnel there, but I don't want to move on until we know that everyone's alright."

The sound that they had heard earlier seemed to have gone quiet for the time being. One has to wonder what could have made all of that noise and then suddenly just disappear.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Crow @Archmage Jeremiah @BarrenThin @Minerva @Takumi @Tunnel

"Well no shit we should figure out what's goin' on." Chucky replied with a deadpan before approaching Grell and Ethan, his scythe still securely slung over his shoulder.

"So... did you two get any action on?" Chucky asked with a smirk before looking up at Ethan specifically. "Maybe after the other two lovebirds fell with their little pet, 'ole Grell gave you a little bit of a..."

Chucky said with a shit eating grin, clearly trying to piss the pair off. Even though he couldn't kill them for now, there were other ways Chucky could have his fun.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Jeremi @Crow @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @dark @Kaykay @ThatAverageGuy @Otto @Josh M @BarrenThin @Darkseide @Takumi @York @Lissamel
Theo Raeken

Theo was silent, not wanting to address what either Ethan or Grell had said and he regained his composure as he joined up with the rest of the group. He took a deep breath once all of them were together. He was so lost in his own thoughts that he nearly missed Deslin. " Nothing much, we wound up in the cabin after the rest of the group split up. Are you okay? I heard that you witnessed the loss of three teammates. From what I understand, there was nothing you could do. I hope you don't feel guilty about it..... it was out of your control," he said, hoping to offer the man some comforting words. He really wasn't the pep talk, but he was going to try.

@dark

95ky138.jpg

"We see that you've returned in one piece," Jack says, briefly looking at Grell and Ethan with a slightly questionable light smile, among others. She then replies to Sherry, "there are no other possible paths that come to mind, so we suppose we'll have to agree."

Jack looks at Chucky for a bit with an expression of slight confusion, not understanding his words that were directed to Grell and Ethan.

She figured that it was natural, since she didn't understand many words.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Jeremi @Crow @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Archmage Jeremiah @dark @Kaykay @ThatAverageGuy @Otto @Josh M @BarrenThin @Darkseide @Takumi @York @Lissamel

So it was a simulation. At first, Kuro was sad. He just wanted to disappear. But then why did he try to save Queen and Ethan? Kuro didn't understand. However, the more greater question was: what convinced Kuro to join the simulation program?

But that didn't matter for now. For now the station was seemingly under attack if the man was telling the truth.

"Yyyou..." Kuro tried to speak. "How to escape?"

"Huh. I guess that is how it could get worse."

Joker rubbed the spot in his side that Queen had elbowed, hand then casually slipping into his jacket to find his weapons. Soon, Paradise Lost was being flipped in his hand, the thief nodded along with his lover with a smile, "Reminds me almost of that strange shooter from America, Doom. Demons running about, causing mayhem in a research facility... Thankfully, if need be, I have a feeling we can finally fight these freaks well enough," A cocky smirk came to grace his lips as he felt the familiar tug of his old companion in his mind, the gentleman thief who granted him all the disguises he could ever need. Hopefully, Makoto would likewise be able to join the fray as well, "I mean, we did overthrow the warden of mankind, so what could a few simple demons do to us?"

Ah, right, the strange little creature who had protected Makoto and gave its life for her. Strange how the little thing could speak, but not as if Joker could say it was silly. He lived with a talking cat who was once his mentor, so why judge? "Simple enough," The teen shot Kuro a charming smile, hoping to keep the creature calm as they planned, "Stay behind Queen and myself, and we will guard you. As a group, we must simply find the means to free our companions from the bonds of those pods and fight through the demons to reach whatever escape vessels might still remain."
"I guess I wouldn't know much about that," Queen remarked when Joker would talk about the American shooter game. "The only thing I can remember about any sort of game is Gun About, that game we played in the arcade the first time we spent time together without the others." Makoto smiled fondly at the memory. It almost seemed like a lifetime ago. "Although, I doubt killing real demons will be as enjoyable as that game was." The girl had almost liked that game a bit too much when she had first played it.

"Still, I have to agree with you there. We defeated a false god," she stated, feeling more confident just by saying it. "It's highly likely we'll be able to handle these demons. Still, that doesn't mean we shouldn't proceed without caution. I'd rather we didn't suffer through a repeat of what happened to us in the forest." Makoto paused and adjusted the tekko weapons on her knuckles and glanced to Kuro before nodding in agreement with Joker. "He's right; we'll protect you. It's the least we can do after you tried so hard to save my life in that simulation."

Nevertheless, Queen was aware that they shouldn't yet make any rash decisions without consulting the man who seemed to know more than they did. "So, sir, what exactly can we do to help you out? Also, do you have a name we can call you by?" she questioned, wanting to be polite and realizing they hadn't asked what his name was just yet.

Theo Raeken

@dark

22656.jpg

@LuckycoolHawk9- Delsin was mostly unusually quiet and not full of his usual snarky attitude.

He eyed Theo and frowned, his eyes closing for a second "Grell had to do what she had to do to kill the monster in the forest."

"I could of been able to do something, dammit it all. - But i could do nothing."

The feathers on Delsin's coat changed to reflect the attitude reflected.

@LuckycoolHawk9

red_and_white_crow_star2_by_linkmaster101-d6565jb.png

Vlad sighed at the news that the other group had suffered casualties. So much for everyone getting out of here in one piece. Oh, well; sometimes, sacrifices were necessary. "We should explore the new tunnel. Perhaps we will find some answers... or, at least, whatever is toying with us." The King of Sylvania began down the tunnel, though he did so as warily as he had been before. Just because one part of this was a red herring didn't mean he was going to let his guard down.

22656.jpg

@LuckycoolHawk9- Delsin was mostly unusually quiet and not full of his usual snarky attitude.

He eyed Theo and frowned, his eyes closing for a second "Grell had to do what she had to do to kill the monster in the forest."

"I could of been able to do something, dammit it all. - But i could do nothing."

The feathers on Delsin's coat changed to reflect the attitude reflected.

@LuckycoolHawk9

red_and_white_crow_star2_by_linkmaster101-d6565jb.png

95ky138.jpg

"We see that you've returned in one piece," Jack says, briefly looking at Grell and Ethan with a slightly questionable light smile, among others. She then replies to Sherry, "there are no other possible paths that come to mind, so we suppose we'll have to agree."

Jack looks at Chucky for a bit with an expression of slight confusion, not understanding his words that were directed to Grell and Ethan.

She figured that it was natural, since she didn't understand many words.​
tumblr_inline_o7aeryqHlM1u7dmmj_100.png

"Oh, shut the hell up..." Ethan sighed in response to Chucky, more tired than outright irritated by the doll's antics as he ought to be, considering how much he had to run in order to escape from the Trapper. He wasn't in much mood to even acknowledge Chucky, too exasperated at the moment to even threateningly lift his ax or anything.

Noticing Jack to the side as she addressed Ethan and Grell, he pursed his lips briefly, sighing at Chucky. "Not in front of the goddamn kid..."

Actually, while he was on the topic of Jack...

tumblr_inline_o7aerrqNrZ1u7dmmj_100.png

"Y'know, if you're not gonna put on anything else to wear, at least take my coat. I'm not that keen on a little kid like you running around with that on," he said to the silver-haired child, taking off his coat and moving to put it on Jack.

@dark @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Station

"Oh, shut the hell up..." Ethan sighed in response to Chucky, more tired than outright irritated by the doll's antics as he ought to be, considering how much he had to run in order to escape from the Trapper. He wasn't in much mood to even acknowledge Chucky, too exasperated at the moment to even threateningly lift his ax or anything.

Noticing Jack to the side as she addressed Ethan and Grell, he pursed his lips briefly, sighing at Chucky. "Not in front of the goddamn kid..."

"Y'know, if you're not gonna put on anything else to wear, at least take my coat. I'm not that keen on a little kid like you running around with that on," he said to the silver-haired child, taking off his coat and moving to put it on Jack.

@dark @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9 @Station
TL2N.jpg

"Oh c'mon. It ain't ever too early to teach a kid about sex. It's all natural after all." Chucky said with a grin and a shrug. Yeah, the last thing on Chucky's mind was keeping some kid safe from the dangers of sex.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Crow

"I guess I wouldn't know much about that," Queen remarked when Joker would talk about the American shooter game. "The only thing I can remember about any sort of game is Gun About, that game we played in the arcade the first time we spent time together without the others." Makoto smiled fondly at the memory. It almost seemed like a lifetime ago. "Although, I doubt killing real demons will be as enjoyable as that game was." The girl had almost liked that game a bit too much when she had first played it.

"Still, I have to agree with you there. We defeated a false god," she stated, feeling more confident just by saying it. "It's highly likely we'll be able to handle these demons. Still, that doesn't mean we shouldn't proceed without caution. I'd rather we didn't suffer through a repeat of what happened to us in the forest." Makoto paused and adjusted the tekko weapons on her knuckles and glanced to Kuro before nodding in agreement with Joker. "He's right; we'll protect you. It's the least we can do after you tried so hard to save my life in that simulation."

Nevertheless, Queen was aware that they shouldn't yet make any rash decisions without consulting the man who seemed to know more than they did. "So, sir, what exactly can we do to help you out? Also, do you have a name we can call you by?" she questioned, wanting to be polite and realizing they hadn't asked what his name was just yet.

0196gG3.png

"I---don't need protect." Kuro rejected the couple's offer, extending his shadow to form a sort of arm, showing that he could defend himself. It seemed that Kuro didn't want to bother Joker and Queen.

Vlad sighed at the news that the other group had suffered casualties. So much for everyone getting out of here in one piece. Oh, well; sometimes, sacrifices were necessary. "We should explore the new tunnel. Perhaps we will find some answers... or, at least, whatever is toying with us." The King of Sylvania began down the tunnel, though he did so as warily as he had been before. Just because one part of this was a red herring didn't mean he was going to let his guard down.

36100d7d476ec7ef033165613bbfc9d2b14b07d0_hq.gif

Delsin eyed Vlad as he walked by but tried to get Theo to follow him "You wouldn't understand." He took a deep breath and turned toward Theo and nodded "Thanks." as he nodded.

He waited for the others before he made a move toward the tunnel.

@BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9

Chucky was very lucky he had that scythe, or he would find himself soaring across the room courtesy of Grell. All she did instead was cross her arms and toss her head indignantly. "How vulgar!"

Honestly, had it not been for their situation, Grell would be making sexually charged comments left and right. But, considering she could actually die down here (and STILL lacked her darling Death Scythe) she was a little busier with other matters. Besides...entendres were more fun than being outright nasty.

@Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore

TL2N.jpg

"Oh c'mon. It ain't ever too early to teach a kid about sex. It's all natural after all." Chucky said with a grin and a shrug. Yeah, the last thing on Chucky's mind was keeping some kid safe from the dangers of sex.

@Yun Lee @Verite @Crow

infamous_second_son__delsin_rowe_by_tlouwhatsarah-d73o2o1.gif

"Lovely, now "Sex Ed" comes into play when it comes to Jack, as much as I'd love to discuss this more, Can we get on with things?"

Delsin was more than a little leary seeing Chucky now had a scythe.

Chucky was very lucky he had that scythe, or he would find himself soaring across the room courtesy of Grell. All she did instead was cross her arms and toss her head indignantly. "How vulgar!"

Honestly, had it not been for their situation, Grell would be making sexually charged comments left and right. But, considering she could actually die down here (and STILL lacked her darling Death Scythe) she was a little busier with other matters. Besides...entendres were more fun than being outright nasty.

announcement-trailer-cult-of-chucky.jpg

"Well, I don't hear ya denying it." Chucky replied with a smirk. Even if he wasn't getting the reaction he necessarily wanted, Chucky was still happy that his words were having some effect on them, whether it be annoyance, anger, or simply frustration.

"Lovely, now "Sex Ed" comes into play when it comes to Jack, as much as I'd love to discuss this more, Can we get on with things?"

uJRVP.jpg

"Jesus, your ass is still alive too?" Chucky asked rhetorically, having hoped that Deleon had died along with the other three. Mainly because, like Grell, it was gonna be hard to resist killing him throughout their little venture.

@Yun Lee @dark @Verite @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @BarrenThin

TL2N.jpg

@Yun Lee @Verite @Crow

announcement-trailer-cult-of-chucky.jpg

"Well, I don't hear ya denying it." Chucky replied with a smirk. Even if he wasn't getting the reaction he necessarily wanted, Chucky was still happy that his words were having some effect on them, whether it be annoyance, anger, or simply frustration.

uJRVP.jpg

"Jesus, your ass is still alive too?" Chucky asked rhetorically, having hoped that Deleon had died along with the other three. Mainly because, like Grell, it was gonna be hard to resist killing him throughout their little venture.

@Yun Lee @dark @Verite @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @BarrenThin

UegO8kP.png

"Thank you, Mister."

Jack spoke few words as she donned Ethan's gift. It fit her well.

Jack, confused by conversation before her, questions, "is there something you are all not telling us?"

@Verite @Yun Lee @Crow @BarrenThin @Sen @thatguyinthestore @dark

Theo Raeken

Theo could notice that Deslin was being unnaturally quiet and he noticed his snarky attitude was good.

He looked over at Deslin. He was worried about him and was silent not sure what to say. He wondered what he could say to make him better.

"It is not your fault. You would have died if you did something to him," he said.

Theo looked over at Deslin's coat. " Did you get some blood on your coat? It changed colors. Also, you are welcome," he said, following Deslin, seeing if he could comfort the man any more.

@dark

36100d7d476ec7ef033165613bbfc9d2b14b07d0_hq.gif

Delsin eyed Vlad as he walked by but tried to get Theo to follow him "You wouldn't understand." He took a deep breath and turned toward Theo and nodded "Thanks." as he nodded.

He waited for the others before he made a move toward the tunnel.

@BarrenThin @LuckycoolHawk9

There was a momentary pause in his step, before Vlad actually laughed aloud. The sound was manic and full of a sort of biting mockery. "You're very close-minded and selfish, aren't you, boy? I've only just met you, and I can tell. Everything is about you. Even the tragedies of others are about you." The Vampire snorted derisively.
"'I've failed them! I should have done something! Woe is me!" His tone full of sarcasm and his hand placed dramatically over his unbeating heart, Vlad's smile slowly faded into a scowl. "I am the King of Sylvania, Lord of the Night, and I have seen and inflicted more death than you could dream up in your worst nightmare, so do not patronize me, mortal."

With that, he continued.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Darkseide @Station​

Last edited by a moderator:
UegO8kP.png

"Thank you, Mister."

Jack spoke few words as she donned Ethan's gift. It fit her well.

Jack, confused by conversation before her, questions, "is there something you are all not telling us?"

@Verite @Yun Lee @Crow @BarrenThin @Sen @thatguyinthestore @dark
8UG3L.jpg

"Sex is when a guy takes his dick and sticks it in a chick's pussy." Chucky explained nonchalantly before turning back to Grell and Ethan and shrugging. "See, that wasn't so hard, was it?"
There was a momentary pause in his step, before Vlad actually laughed aloud. The sound was manic and full of a sort of biting mockery. "You're very close-minded and selfish, aren't you, boy? I've only just met you, and I can tell. Everything is about you. Even the tragedies of others are about you." The Vampire snorted derisively.
"'I've failed them! I should have done something! Woe is me!" His tone full of sarcasm and his hand placed dramatically over his unbeating heart, Vlad's smile slowly faded into a scowl. "I am the King of Sylvania, Lord of the Night, and I have seen and inflicted more death than you could dream up in your worst nightmare, so do not patronize me, mortal."

With that, he continued.

@Crow @Jeremi @Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @York @Sen @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Darkseide @Station

Upon hearing Vlad tell Delson off, Chucky let out a hearty laugh.

"HAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh, you show that annoying teenage fuck who's boss, Vlad!" Chucky exclaimed before turning to Deleon and raising the good 'ole middle finger.

@BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Verite @dark @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Crow

The Devil ran as fast as he could to get to the shack and followed Grell and the rest into the station
"Damn that was intense!"

@station