Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
OfJTR4m.jpg

"Saviour? The only name for our mother is... Mother. We suppose that you have your own mother... and we have ours... and both of us are looking for our mothers, apparently," Jack says.

"Rejected... by society? Society was what gave us the name Jack the Ripper. It was the only name we ever had, so we took it. Thinking back, society was also the one thing preventing us from finding our ideal mother... so saying that they did indeed reject us is an understatement."

Jack continues to look at the waters.

"A lake much like this... that was one of our earliest memories before meeting Mother. To say that it was the day of our birth wouldn't be accurate, because we were never truly born."

@Sen @Minerva @etcetcetc​
The plans of this 'silly vision'
Have come into fruition
But you've written your own story
And it's like nothing I've ever seen

When Sammy Lawrence woke up, the first thing he had to do was pause, was check himself over. Could never be too careful that you weren't missing any bits of yourself. He wasn't missing anything, nor did he feel all too different...Which surprised him. Touching blood usually made his bodily mass change a bit as it merged with the ink. Curious--Though he wasn't exactly concerned. He rose, holding onto the railing on the side of the bridge to support himself.

Where were they?

He looked down slightly, to the water--And cringed. That...Wouldn't be good. Best to definitely avoid that. Sherry remarked they could proceed over the bridge or into the forest, though he began to preoccupy his mind by using a finger to write words on the bridge's side: IT'S TIME TO BELIE--

"The savior?"

He said it breathlessly, his writing stopping. The man came just the slightest bit closer to Unknown, a smile almost visible through the hole in his mask. Ah, someone else who believed--Who knew the truth. He knew there had to be someone. Brought to Paradise, oh, yes, led to eternal salvation, his final loving embra...

Led to eternal salvation, his final loving embrace.

She's like a mother to me.

Something didn't quite line up there.

"I'm afraid you're making a mistake, little lamb. The savior is 'he'."

Someone so devout--And so blessed as to remain inkless--Should know something basic as that...Right?

[ @Sen @Crow @The rest @BRIDGE ]​
aPbL56J.png

"Oh... I see. So you are also looking for someone..." How did it feel exactly, to be someone worth looking for? He never really understood that feeling. He had been abandoned by those he had loved, he wasn't worth anyone's attention - except the Savior. The one and only who had brought him out of the darkness. Was she looking for him too?

She probably was, being the kindhearted woman she is. Surely she had sent out agents to go and look for the missing boy. After all, she was the only one who cared about Unknown. Unlike... that redhead.

Ugh, his head hurt the more he thought about that guy. The 'other side' of him, knocked out when he had been whisked away here by unknown means, beginning to stir with rage and seething contempt. No, the last thing 'Ray' needed was for that psychopathy, emotionless killer to make things worse.

"Um... if maybe, your mother abandons you... will you consider coming with me to see the Savior?" the man asked tentatively. "I used to think my mother loved me, so I was always confused when she did those things... no one has ever loved me like the Savior. If you ever need help, if you ever feel sad and need the happiness you deserve, the Savior will save you."

"Yes! Society is cruel. They push away people like us, people they don't consider to be normal. If I went back to society, they... they'll send me to a hospital for mental people and lock me up for life! They'll treat me like a criminal! I don't want that..."

tumblr_ow26muFy091sxhezvo6_r1_400.gif

Unknown regarded the stranger with confusion and masked curiosity.
"No? The Savior is a beautiful woman. We are the lost lambs, and she is the motherly shepherd, I have seen her before, so I would know." He titled his head at Sammy. "Who are you? What is your number, believer?"

@Crow @Lissamel @people​

"You got it right on the nose!" Grell smiled proudly at Chucky. "I'm one of many Grim Reapers, actually."

To Ethan, she said, "You and I both. I'm more than ready to get out of this horrendous situation. Hopefully this new area is less grotesque than the first."

Grell was glad to find her lighter still on her, but she did feel rather foolish for not grabbing a knife when she had the chance. Oh, well... "Think we're about ready to move on? I don't think looking for this Kyle fellow will prove very fruitful..."

@thatguyinthestore @Verite @Jeremi
ou3qggord1byewjg0uwg.jpg

"So you're the fucker who's responsible for sendin' me to hell every time I've died?" Chucky asked with a narrowed gaze.

@Yun Lee

"Um, no. My only job is to decide whether you move on or not when you die by reviewing your memories. If you're still needed to society, you live. If not, you die. What happens after that doesn't concern me" Grell shrugged. "Besides, I'm stationed in London during the year 1888. Unless you're there, I never even touched you until today."

@thatguyinthestore

muroi.png

"Chances are we're all pulled from different times to this place by whatever brought us here, which is what would explain the confusion the group had earlier about the year." Seishin spoke up, having waited to see what the group would do in terms on where to go next, not caring where they went. He was pretty sure Chucky was busy fighting during that whole exchange, so he decided to leave it at that.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore

"No? The Savior is a beautiful woman. We are the lost lambs, and she is the motherly shepherd, I have seen her before, so I would know." He titled his head at Sammy. "Who are you? What is your number, believer?"

Listening to Unknown talk was almost infuriating. He had the language correct. They all were sheep, livestock to be guided, to be saved, to be sacrificed. Yet he still called the savior a she, a woman, a mother nonetheless. Was he some sort of follower of the angel that lurked far, far below his own domain? That would explain the pronoun discrepancy, but who went around worshipping her? She was beautiful, yes. She had a heavenly voice. But she was no lord, no savior, no god.

Still, he did ask who he was, and Sammy straightened up almost pridefully in response.

11gonj4.jpg

"My name...My name is Sammy Lawrence. I bear no number. I am the lord's prophet, his most valued student. Through his grace, through my worthiness proven by my offerings...I will be set free."

And then everything would be right. And he would be whole. And he would be free from...The prison he'd come to know as a body. How couldn't a believer such as Unknown know about the prophet?

Then again, he seemed to think the savior was a woman and thought believers had numbers attached and he was also quite devoid of ink. How bizarre this one was.

[ @Sen @Crow ]​

Rottytops gasped and clutched her still heart. "Right?!" she agreed with feeling, "They act all nice at first, then you eat one tiny little brain and suddenly they think you're some kind of monster? Even worse when you threaten to eat theirs and they get all defensive and distant! Like, learn to take a joke!" the zombie girl scoffed after extensively berating the living. But now that her bit of pent-up passion was let out, Rottytops huffed and wove her hands together behind herself, "...right?" she repeated, this time as a question while her hips idly swayed to and fro.

@BarrenThin

If that was intended to shock Vlad, it didn't work. "You'd think they would fall over themselves to serve such magnificence!" This was, indeed, an amusing little game.
"Well, being a mass murderer myself, I've gotta say that this whole little situation that we got ourselves in just seems like someone is fuckin' with us. Classic killer material." Chucky would then walk off to the edge of the bridge and gaze off into the distance as he continued.

"They play these fuckin' mind games with us, have their fun with man eating tapeworms and shit, then..." The doll would pull out his knife yet again and make a cutting motion next to his neck. "They slit our throats like we're fuckin' sheep."

chucky-2.png

"At least... that's what I'd do." Chucky added on with a smile and a shrug.

@BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @Jeremi

"I'd hoped you had a cheerier outlook than mine." Vlad remarked dryly. "Be ready for a fight, Charles, though I'm sure you always are."
ou3qggord1byewjg0uwg.jpg

"So you're the fucker who's responsible for sendin' me to hell every time I've died?" Chucky asked with a narrowed gaze.

@Yun Lee

"I'm sure that you, like me, didn't need any help finding the realms of punishment, Charles."​
"Woah... Pretty..."

Jack loved the sight of blood emerging from the dismembered, but then she realised...

yE6IUWC.jpg

"... it's a plaguebearer!"

Probably, anyways. I mean, what kind of tapeworm wasn't a plaguebearer?

So she dashed with the others, breaking out of her trance, failing as all was covered in blood.

All had awoken on a bridge.

During all this, Jack was staring into the deep lake below the bridge. A smile emerged from her face, as if she was remniscing a good memory, as opposed to participating in constructive conversation.

95ky138.jpg

"..."

She had not made any decisions to move on yet, but she will in due time.

Everyone will have to.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Verite @thatguyinthestore @Sen @Midnight Maiden @etcetcetc​

Now this one... This one seemed to be an odd duck. Vlad felt his skin crawl just looking upon the creature. He couldn't tell you why. Something about her was just... Off-putting. It showed in his not-very-discreet stare, too, his expression darkening as a troubled frown formed across his features. This one would require an entirely different sort of watching.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

Listening to Unknown talk was almost infuriating. He had the language correct. They all were sheep, livestock to be guided, to be saved, to be sacrificed. Yet he still called the savior a she, a woman, a mother nonetheless. Was he some sort of follower of the angel that lurked far, far below his own domain? That would explain the pronoun discrepancy, but who went around worshipping her? She was beautiful, yes. She had a heavenly voice. But she was no lord, no savior, no god.

Still, he did ask who he was, and Sammy straightened up almost pridefully in response.

11gonj4.jpg

"My name...My name is Sammy Lawrence. I bear no number. I am the lord's prophet, his most valued student. Through his grace, through my worthiness proven by my offerings...I will be set free."

And then everything would be right. And he would be whole. And he would be free from...The prison he'd come to know as a body. How couldn't a believer such as Unknown know about the prophet?

Then again, he seemed to think the savior was a woman and thought believers had numbers attached and he was also quite devoid of ink. How bizarre this one was.

[ @Sen @Crow ]​

superthumb.jpg

"No... number?" Then this one was not a believer. But spoke in the name of the Savior? But this stranger, this looming tall 'thing' was referring to the Savior as if they were a male. Maybe it was like this Jack the Ripper and they were all looking for the wrong person. Unknown blinked up at Sammy, considering if he should extend the invite to it as well. But the more he looked at the thing the more he seemed unnerved by its presence. It was unnatural, superhuman, if he had to use a word. Not of this world.

The savior wouldn't like it if he brought strangers like these ones home. They always said something about stranger danger, right? Ironic, considering that was how they brought in new believers.

But Unknown still wasn't so sure. Number one, there were huge gaps in his memory. Maybe the other him knew more about this than 'Ray'. Number two, he never knew all the secrets of the Savior even if she knew all of his. She was their leader so Unknown naturally trusted her. Maybe he was one of them, but the Savior had presented herself as a man to him.

At the thing's words, Unknown's eyes widened. "You are the Savior's student? Like... like a disciple?"

He felt heat rise up in his throat like bile. He was jealous. Jealous that someone had once again stolen something from him. He had wanted to be the Savior's favourite. He loved her like a mother, and didn't she love him like a son? The other him twitched somewhere inside of his head. But Ray was his timid side, he didn't like confrontations.
tumblr_ow26muFy091sxhezvo5_r1_400.gif

"I didn't know the Savior had already picked a successor..." He felt tears spring up in the corner of his eyes. "I- I wanted that to be me... Oh, no... what if the Savior hates me? That's why she didn't pick me! I must have done something wrong. I've been a bad boy, the Savior will- the Savior will-"
@Crow @Lissamel @people​

aPbL56J.png

"Oh... I see. So you are also looking for someone..." How did it feel exactly, to be someone worth looking for? He never really understood that feeling. He had been abandoned by those he had loved, he wasn't worth anyone's attention - except the Savior. The one and only who had brought him out of the darkness. Was she looking for him too?

She probably was, being the kindhearted woman she is. Surely she had sent out agents to go and look for the missing boy. After all, she was the only one who cared about Unknown. Unlike... that redhead.

Ugh, his head hurt the more he thought about that guy. The 'other side' of him, knocked out when he had been whisked away here by unknown means, beginning to stir with rage and seething contempt. No, the last thing 'Ray' needed was for that psychopathy, emotionless killer to make things worse.

"Um... if maybe, your mother abandons you... will you consider coming with me to see the Savior?" the man asked tentatively. "I used to think my mother loved me, so I was always confused when she did those things... no one has ever loved me like the Savior. If you ever need help, if you ever feel sad and need the happiness you deserve, the Savior will save you."

"Yes! Society is cruel. They push away people like us, people they don't consider to be normal. If I went back to society, they... they'll send me to a hospital for mental people and lock me up for life! They'll treat me like a criminal! I don't want that..."

tumblr_ow26muFy091sxhezvo6_r1_400.gif

@Crow @Lissamel @people​

11gonj4.jpg

[ @Sen @Crow ]​
superthumb.jpg

"No... number?" Then this one was not a believer. But spoke in the name of the Savior? But this stranger, this looming tall 'thing' was referring to the Savior as if they were a male. Maybe it was like this Jack the Ripper person and they were all looking for the wrong person. Unknown blinked up at Sammy, considering if he should extend the invite to it as well. But the more he looked at the thing the more he seemed unnerved by its presence. It was unnatural, superhuman, if he had to use a word. Not of this world.

The savior wouldn't like it if he brought strangers like these ones home. They always said something about stranger danger, right? Ironic, considering that was how they brought in new believers.

But Unknown still wasn't so sure. Number one, there were huge gaps in his memory. Maybe the other him knew more about this than 'Ray'. Number two, he never knew all the secrets of the Savior even if she knew all of his. She was their leader so Unknown naturally trusted her. Maybe he was one of them, but the Savior had presented herself as a man to him.

At the thing's words, Unknown's eyes widened. "You are the Savior's student? Like... like a disciple?"

He felt jealousy rise up in his throat like bile. He was jealous. Jealous that someone had once again stolen something from him. He had wanted to be the Savior's favourite. He loved her like a mother, and didn't she love him like a son? The other him twitched somewhere inside of his head. But Ray was his timid side, he didn't like confrontations.

"I didn't know the Savior had already picked a successor..." He felt tears spring up in the corner of his eyes. "I- I wanted that to be me... Oh, no... what if the Savior hates me? That's why she didn't pick me! I must have done something wrong. I've been a bad boy, the Savior will- the Savior will-"
@Crow @Lissamel @people​

Op8PcJc.jpg

"Mother would never abandon us! Because if she did, she wouldn't be our mother in the first place..." Jack comments. "That is how we see... them. The ones who abandoned us in that lake before they could birth us..."

It would take a bit of thinking to figure that the word 'abortion' was not present in Jack's mental dictionary.

"Anyways, we suppose we could accompany you. Mother is much like us. If it is a place that welcomes us, it is definitely a place that welcomes Mother."

vceRlbL.jpg

Jack, upon seeing Unknown fret about his Saviour doubting him, assured him, "you shouldn't doubt your mother. If we were in your shoes, we would believe the confirmation of your mother before the words of others. So, focus on returning to her first. Well, since this Sammy person over here has introduced himself, and we have briefly dropped our name, maybe you should go ahead and tell us yours."

Now this one... This one seemed to be an odd duck. Vlad felt his skin crawl just looking upon the creature. He couldn't tell you why. Something about her was just... Off-putting. It showed in his not-very-discreet stare, too, his expression darkening as a troubled frown formed across his features. This one would require an entirely different sort of watching.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

Jack noticed that she was being watched as she turned around for a bit.

nyVmAVd.jpg

"Is something the matter, Vlad?"

@Sen @Minerva @Lissamel @BarrenThin @thatguyinthestore

Last edited:
Op8PcJc.jpg

"Mother would never abandon us! Because if she did, she wouldn't be our mother in the first place..." Jack comments. "That is how we see... them. The ones who abandoned us in that lake before they could birth us..."

It would take a bit of thinking to figure that the word 'abortion' was not present in Jack's mental dictionary.

"Anyways, we suppose we could accompany you. Mother is much like us. If it is a place that welcomes us, it is definitely a place that welcomes Mother."

vceRlbL.jpg

Jack, upon seeing Unknown fret about his Saviour doubting him, assured him, "you shouldn't doubt your mother. If we were in your shoes, we would believe the confirmation of your mother before the words of others. So, focus on returning to her first. Well, since this Sammy person over here has introduced himself, and we have briefly dropped our name, maybe you should go ahead and tell us yours."

Jack noticed that she was being watched as she turned around for a bit.

nyVmAVd.jpg

"Is something the matter, Vlad?"

@Sen @Minerva @Lissamel @BarrenThin @thatguyinthestore
"You...you mean to tell me you're the babies of Jack the Ripper's victims?!"

Grell couldn't believe that was even possible. The reason for Angelina's despair...for Grell's own hand in becoming Jack the Ripper...what the Hell was this?!

@Crow

"Um, no. My only job is to decide whether you move on or not when you die by reviewing your memories. If you're still needed to society, you live. If not, you die. What happens after that doesn't concern me" Grell shrugged. "Besides, I'm stationed in London during the year 1888. Unless you're there, I never even touched you until today."

@thatguyinthestore
"Yeah... well hell hurts like a bitch, especially for fucked up people like me."

If that was intended to shock Vlad, it didn't work. "You'd think they would fall over themselves to serve such magnificence!" This was, indeed, an amusing little game.

"I'd hoped you had a cheerier outlook than mine." Vlad remarked dryly. "Be ready for a fight, Charles, though I'm sure you always are."

"I'm sure that you, like me, didn't need any help finding the realms of punishment, Charles."

how__s_it_hanging__phil__by_sonicshadowlover13-d5rgfig.jpg

"HAHAHA!! Fuck yeah I'm ready for a fight! When I find the guy who kidnapped us, I'm gonna take my knife back before cutting their guts out and hanging 'em on my wall." Chucky said with a sinister grin.

"Oh, and call me Chucky. After all, it's what my pals like you usually call me." Chucky said in a nice tone, though it had a dark overtone to it.

@Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Jeremi @Takumi

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_o0vluaGOzK1rxsf53_100.png

"What a load of shit," Ethan said, shaking his head in disbelief, "What, the souls of the dead courtesans Jack the Ripper killed all came together to become one? Who came up with this shit? Am I gonna meet little Spring-heeled Jack next?" He said gruffly, still refusing to believe the silver-haired girl.

It occurred to Ethan that still having a suspension of disbelief in light of everything that's happened in his life, as well as everything that had happened ever since meeting up with this... lively group, was a useless gesture, but he figured that it was the only thing that could keep him sane at this moment.

@Yun Lee @Crow @Others

XFtxQxn.png

Queen folded her arms together and shivered at the sight of this new location. It didn't make any sense as to how they had ended up here, but then again she could comfort herself in knowing that many locations in the Metaverse were quite odd as well. "As discouraging as this situation seems to be, if we keep our wits about us we'll be just fine," Queen said to everyone, but mostly as a reminder to herself. When they did the head count, she immediately glanced around for Joker to make sure he was alright. The fact Kyle wasn't with them anymore was concerning, but there wasn't much they could do other than keep calm and look around to see if they could find out where he was.

@Khan of the Mardu @Whoever​

superthumb.jpg

"No... number?" Then this one was not a believer. But spoke in the name of the Savior? But this stranger, this looming tall 'thing' was referring to the Savior as if they were a male. Maybe it was like this Jack the Ripper and they were all looking for the wrong person. Unknown blinked up at Sammy, considering if he should extend the invite to it as well. But the more he looked at the thing the more he seemed unnerved by its presence. It was unnatural, superhuman, if he had to use a word. Not of this world.

He felt heat rise up in his throat like bile. He was jealous. Jealous that someone had once again stolen something from him. He had wanted to be the Savior's favourite. He loved her like a mother, and didn't she love him like a son? The other him twitched somewhere inside of his head. But Ray was his timid side, he didn't like confrontations.

@Crow @Lissamel @people​

A successor?

What a flattering notion! Sammy's fingers slightly curled. This believer considered him a successor to the lord--He was honored, certainly, but he knew it wasn't true. He was merely a voice, an acolyte, the prophet. No successor. Besides, how would one such as himself go about becoming so pure, so perfect--Becoming a demon of ink? Impossible. And, considering Sammy's goal, counterproductive.

Still, seeing the tears build in his eyes made a twinge of pity go through him.

"A disciple, yes. But I am no successor. I am the prophet, and nothing more--I have yet still to get my lord to notice me." Soon. He'd be noticed in his devotion soon. He had to be. "And as this one said," He gave a sort of gesture in Jack's direction, "You should never doubt the savior. Just as he loves me, he loves you. Your distress proves your worthiness. All must remain loyal. Weep not for your state, nor any other."

He was smiling again, just the slightest bit. Truth be told, he was...Rather glad to be able to speak with a fellow believer, even if he was constantly botching the details. Recently, all he'd had to talk to was inky abominations who could barely speak. To discuss--Not just to preach--Was a welcome change in his eyes.

[ @Sen @Crow ]​

A successor?

What a flattering notion! Sammy's fingers slightly curled. This believer considered him a successor to the lord--He was honored, certainly, but he knew it wasn't true. He was merely a voice, an acolyte, the prophet. No successor. Besides, how would one such as himself go about becoming so pure, so perfect--Becoming a demon of ink? Impossible. And, considering Sammy's goal, counterproductive.

Still, seeing the tears build in his eyes made a twinge of pity go through him.

"A disciple, yes. But I am no successor. I am the prophet, and nothing more--I have yet still to get my lord to notice me." Soon. He'd be noticed in his devotion soon. He had to be. "And as this one said," He gave a sort of gesture in Jack's direction, "You should never doubt the savior. Just as he loves me, he loves you. Your distress proves your worthiness. All must remain loyal. Weep not for your state, nor any other."

He was smiling again, just the slightest bit. Truth be told, he was...Rather glad to be able to speak with a fellow believer, even if he was constantly botching the details. Recently, all he'd had to talk to was inky abominations who could barely speak. To discuss--Not just to preach--Was a welcome change in his eyes.

[ @Sen @Crow ]​
"Your savior's a fuckin' sham." Chucky said with a deadpan.

@Lissamel @Sen @Crow

• Useful
Reactions: Verite
"Aren't you supposed to be the Devil? Like, the king of assholes? Or is that just some cheap ass Halloween costume?" Chucky asked, trying his best not to go off on the demon, as per his agreement with Vlad.

@ThatAverageGuy @Lissamel @Sen @Crow
"You're right I am the Devil, but I know how to control myself and not be an ass. How do you think I steal people's souls. I can also prove I am not wearing a custom."

The Devil then proceeded to pull his skeleton out of his skin, but he quickly put it back in.

He couldn't believe he was arguing with this thing
@thatguyinthestore

Grell-Sutcliff-83-lolly4me2-17408228-420-357.jpg

"Can we go now? I'd rather take my chances with whatever lies over that bridge than listen to another minute of this exchange." Grell was starting to wonder if she had been sent to Purgatory. If it wasn't evil monsters trying to kill her, it was obnoxious group members getting into the strangest arguements she'd ever heard.

@Anyone @</3​