Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

"There was a little girl...inside that room where the hatch lead," Sherry started turning her attention towards Makoto. "And bones...human bones. The way she spoke...I think that's what happened here."

That could have been a good course of action but Ethan and Numahime's inspection of the corpse caused it to suddenly gasp for air. Wheezing and coughing heavily the corpse regurgitated something that resembled black tar all over the table. "Visitors? In my house?" It wheezed out leaning back into its chair. "The servants where lying! Lying! I knew there were more towns people left. Oh if only I could get something to fill my stomach. I feel so weak..." The being tried to get out of its chair but its leg did not want to move and it helplessly flopped around before settling down again. "A little nibble. A little bite. Oh God hear my ravenous lamentations!"

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay@Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall

"God will forever be silent, no matter who you are or how much you beg to be heard. Besides, gluttony has already gotten it hands on you." Seishin frowned, internally peeved at the mentioning of God. Glancing at the tar like substance on the table with a small ounce of disgust the man let the others speak and ask their questions and waited with the rest of them for any answers.

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Lissamel @thatguyinthestore @Anybody I missed @DiningRoom

"How revolting..." Grell put a hand to her mouth as she eyed the tarry substance on the table. "Wait. Are you telling me you didn't bring us here? Then why are we here at all?! Ugh, I'm about ready to burn thus building down!"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall​

Even in its withered form the corpse man seemed surprised at the question. "Bring ruffians into my home? Don't be stupid woman! No one's allowed inside!"

A sneer spread across the vampire's face, his suspicions confirmed about the corpse. He scooped up one of the knives. A paltry weapon, but a weapon nonetheless. "Such a repulsive creature." The King of Sylvania stepped forward, drawing himself up to his full height. Was this creature truly here, or was it caught in the time at which it died? "You! Wretched beast, bound to unlife! Tell me the purpose of your slumber, ere I bind you to your prison for eternity!" He bared his teeth, his fangs exposed, the noseless concave in the center of his face giving way to an empty void. Of course, while Vlad could ordinarily do that, due to his current, weakened state, the Vampire was bluffing.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

"I hunger..." It responded. "It is too strong..."

tumblr_inline_o0vlrlvGZ21rxsf53_100.png

"Oh, I wasn't jokin'. At least, not entirely," Ethan responded to Vlad, "Trust me, I know a thing or two about assholes callin' themselves undead, and I got my fair share of takin' the first part of that word out of the equation," he spoke. However, before he could say more, it was then that the decomposing "corpse" breathed himself back to life, startling Ethan lightly as he instinctively lifted up the ax a bit, ready to strike at the suspected cannibal, but stopping himself, deciding that until proven otherwise, the individual here didn't prove to be that big a threat.

With a furrowed brow and wary eyes, Ethan looked toward the man, still clutching his weapon tightly, finding that in place of his guns, this thing was to ensure his absolute security. The man's words perplexed Ethan just as much as everyone else, as he found himself wondering just who was behind this if the man here didn't have anything to do with it. He initially said nothing, letting Grell, Theo, and Vlad do the talking in his place, though when the cannibal practically begged to be fed, he couldn't help but get his own comment in.

"I'd suggest you answer the questions, kind sir. Else the only thing you'll be eatin' is your own leg when I feed it to you, if you love the taste of human so much," he grunted.

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @thatguyinthestore @DiningRoom

"I don't. I don't love the taste. But I have to eat, I have to eat. It commands me to and it's not a picky eater. When the famine struck the town...It needed food somehow. I am no barbarian!"

Even in its withered form the corpse man seemed surprised at the question. "Bring ruffians into my home? Don't be stupid woman! No one's allowed inside!"

"I don't. I don't love the taste. But I have to eat, I have to eat. It commands me to and it's not a picky eater. When the famine struck the town...It needed food somehow. I am no barbarian!"

The creature referred to an ominous 'it.' Perhaps they had been right about the deaths being some sort of sacrifice, after all. "It? What are you talking about, wretch?" Vlad kept the knife handy, though he doubted such a weapon would do much to destroy the Undead.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

"God will forever be silent, no matter who you are or how much you beg to be heard. Besides, gluttony has already gotten it hands on you." Seishin frowned, internally peeved at the mentioning of God. Glancing at the tar like substance on the table with a small ounce of disgust the man let the others speak and ask their questions and waited with the rest of them for any answers.

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @Lissamel @thatguyinthestore @Anybody I missed @DiningRoom

Quietly in the group, Bray watch the scene unfold​

bray-wyatt.jpg

"Look at all ya'll! Judge this the child! He says in no control, but all you want blood! Didn't the good book say that only he with out sin should judge? Hehehe, that is no of us."

Walking the boy, Bray knelt near by. Bray's voice was soft, but firm.

"What commands, child? What is your master?"

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @thatguyinthestore @DiningRoom

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Verite
"God will forever be silent, no matter who you are or how much you beg to be heard. Besides, gluttony has already gotten it hands on you."

"Look at all ya'll! Judge this the child! He says in no control, but all you want blood! Didn't the good book say that only he with out sin should judge? Hehehe, that is no of us."

"If the man wants his lamentations heard, let them be. There is always repentance in the eyes of my lord, so long as you've proven worthy...All believers must honor their savior."

Oh, religious talk. The one thing that showed Sammy for the cultist he truly was. Well, besides the mask. And the ink. While he wasn't particularly focusing on either Seishin or Bray, he still offered in his opinion on the matter. Nobody would defile the grace of the lord. Not in front of the prophet.

Even if they weren't talking about who he thought they were.

Sammy would probably have been content to continue looking for peepholes in the wall or eyes dotting the wallpaper had something else not caught his ear.

"It? What are you talking about, wretch?"

It. An external force. And Sammy couldn't help but be curious.

"The master..." He turned back to the table, facing the strange man, though his head was slightly tilted down to focus on the black bile he'd spat up and not the man's face. "Tell me. Is it tall? Is it thin? Is it...Mortal?"

He couldn't forget that fleeting shape he'd seen. And if he was dealing with a beast of famine...He wasn't sure what he could offer as a sacrifice. Oh, had he only brought some cans of soup.

[ @Jeremi @BarrenThin @Takumi @Josh M @And the others

@DINING HALL ]​

Pulling the door open, Robert and the others were met with a spectacular sight!

9cb63d00e2e28319a3b0cf52858c9c94.jpg

The group were met by a lavish dining hall with a large table in the middle of it. Compared to the rest of the town and mansion this room seemed like it had been frozen in time. Not a speck of dust or other dirt in sight. While the table had been set there appeared to be only one seat that was taken.

At the far end of the table sat the, what you could assume was the corpse, of a huge grotesquely obese man dressed in a fine suit that seemed at least three sizes too small. Despite its huge girth the body looked otherwise shivered and the skin was like leather as if he had been mummified.

Sherry felt like a parrot but she felt it was best to say it anyway. "Everyone be really careful...I don't like this one bit."

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall
Honestly, the last thing Grell had been expecting was this room. "My, what decadence! So upkept and beautiful...so clearly this is the place we look out for the most. Say, why do you suppose this place stayed the same like the mirror and chandelier did?" In a town like this, anything that looked beautiful and new was, by extension, evil-or at the very least, highly suspicious.

"I'm guessing that portly thing over there is-or hopefully was-our dear cannibal. So perhaps we weren't meant to be meals after all?" Finding the corpse here just made her all the more confused. If the cannibal didn't bring them here...who did? Even so, Grell decided to get a good look at the banquet table-on their end of it. No way was she going anywhere near a corpse.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall​
"If there really were cannibals, I guess they weren't hungry anymore."

Still, considering there wasn't much else to look at, Numahime decided to more closely investigate the corpse.

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall​
Ethan initially made no comment on the mummified man that sat before them. He wasn't so eager as to say it was the supposed cannibal himself, briefly entertaining the idea that he might have been a victim instead. Gripping his ax tightly, the man stood behind Grell, as though waiting for anything wrong to happen. He'd seen too much shit to know that sometimes, dead didn't really mean dead, especially if there were creatures like damned vampires or... "wendigo" involved.

"Maybe I ought to take his head off, just in case," Ethan half-facetiously said, honestly thinking through the idea as Numahime joined the fray as well, the man still examining the corpse to make sure he didn't move. "I think I've lost my appetite for a few days as it is myself."

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @Jeremi @DiningRoom
For a long, long moment, Sammy seemed frozen in almost awe. Such...Color! Such light! Such saturation of hues, so clean, so...Pure. It was at this moment that he became very conscious of the ink he was made up of, and as he unfroze himself, he walked into the dining hall with his arms close to his body and kept away from any sort of furniture. Wouldn't want to stain.

Much like the rest, Sammy's attention did go to the corpse first. The final offering? Or perhaps things were more cannibalistic than he was willing to think. How beastly. Sammy couldn't even comprehend eating flesh...Though then again the only food he'd had in a long time were old cans of soup, and those wore out their welcome.

"So long as the master doesn't find us...But from where would it see us...?" He mused to himself, fingertips reaching up and tracing the edge of his mask, thinking.

He decided to try and answer that himself (to the extent of his knowledge and ability to assume things, of course) by merely looking around the dining hall, looking for anything suspicious...Or watchful.

[ @Jeremi @Atomyk @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Verite @Kaykay @Takumi @Crow @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kahn of the Mardu @Hopefully I'm not missing anyone

@DINING HALL ]​
"Hmph, dead while sitting before the feast he so desired. Almost ironic in a way," Joker commented with a hum as they walked into the dining hall, eyeing the corpse of the man at the head of the table. It was quite an interesting contrast to discover - such serene preservation of the room, yet also such a dilapidated host. Resisting the urge to pocket some of the silverware from the table (who knows, it might have been actual silver), the thief kept close to Queen and Sherry while his eyes remained on the body.

"One hundred on the body being reanimated."

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk
Meanwhile, Chucky couldn't help but let out a laugh as they entered the dining hall and came across their host, who was a rather large man, now deceased.

chuckylaugh.gif

"HAHAHAHA!! Oh, what a fuckin' way to go, huh? Fatass over here bit off more than he could chew!!" Chucky exclaimed before letting out another laugh. The doll also appeared to have the same idea as Joker, as he soon began pocketing the silverware in his overalls, specifically the forks and knives.

@Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Yun Lee @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Lissamel
The teen found herself even more disturbed when she would hear the news Sherry had to tell them. "What would make you think such a thing?" she questioned the other woman before glancing to the new door she would point out. "No, I--" Queen gaped at the door, honestly surprised to see it. "I don't ever remember a door being here."

And so, the mystery deepened.

Queen moved to check out this new room with the others, glancing around when she would enter the dining room. "Oh my god," she whispered to herself, eyes widening when she viewed the corpse. "Delsin, I almost want to say you were right about what you said before--even if you weren't serious at the time. It really does feel like we've been dropped into a horror movie." She hated the thought, but she still couldn't deny the facts.

"Oh god, I don't even want to think about that body being reanimated," Queen replied to Joker, nervously folding her hands together as she would slowly walk within the room. She shot yet another glare at Chucky when he laughed at the sight within the room. "Nothing about this is funny. Sherry is right; we really do need to be careful."

@Yun Lee @dark @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk
As Ethan and Vlad joined her, Grell kept a doubtful frown on her face. "I second that, but first, we should try to, oh I don't know..." Grell tapped her chin. "There has to be some way we can check for booby traps or something before trying anything. This all seems so...convenient, you know? 'Oh, look, a knife right there in a fireplace!' 'Oh look, the dead body of the master of this house, in a door that appeared once you took an axe!' Hmm..." Grell looked at Joker and the doll. "Say, are you any good at darts? Perhaps we could throw some of the cutlery at the corpse from a safe distance."

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay@Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall​
Delsin_comeon.gif

Delsin sighed and lifted a hand as to say "Oh COME ON!"

The man walked over to Queen and nodded, still eyeing around the room

"The more I see, things are getting creepier as we go."

Looking around the dining room, and said dead corpse wasn't making Delsin's attitude any better.
@Dining room

[/QUOTE]
"There was a little girl...inside that room where the hatch lead," Sherry started turning her attention towards Makoto. "And bones...human bones. The way she spoke...I think that's what happened here."

That could have been a good course of action but Ethan and Numahime's inspection of the corpse caused it to suddenly gasp for air. Wheezing and coughing heavily the corpse regurgitated something that resembled black tar all over the table. "Visitors? In my house?" It wheezed out leaning back into its chair. "The servants where lying! Lying! I knew there were more towns people left. Oh if only I could get something to fill my stomach. I feel so weak..." The being tried to get out of its chair but its leg did not want to move and it helplessly flopped around before settling down again. "A little nibble. A little bite. Oh God hear my ravenous lamentations!"

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay@Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall
"How revolting..." Grell put a hand to her mouth as she eyed the tarry substance on the table. "Wait. Are you telling me you didn't bring us here? Then why are we here at all?! Ugh, I'm about ready to burn thus building down!"

Theo Raeken

Theo was about to stop them but he wasn't fast enough. He was silent and stood as far away from the man as humanely possible. He didn't want to die as a cannibal's dinner. He looked around to see if there was anything to throw at him. " We're not townspeople. We just arrived today."

A sneer spread across the vampire's face, his suspicions confirmed about the corpse. He scooped up one of the knives. A paltry weapon, but a weapon nonetheless. "Such a repulsive creature." The King of Sylvania stepped forward, drawing himself up to his full height. Was this creature truly here, or was it caught in the time at which it died? "You! Wretched beast, bound to unlife! Tell me the purpose of your slumber, ere I bind you to your prison for eternity!" He bared his teeth, his fangs exposed, the noseless concave in the center of his face giving way to an empty void. Of course, while Vlad could ordinarily do that, due to his current, weakened state, the Vampire was bluffing.

"Oh, you really are alive fatty!" Numahime laughed brightly, flashing the "corpse" a girlish smile. She hadn't really expected that, but with the way things had gone so far this wasn't really that out there. "If you tell us where we are, what you were or have been doing, and maybe a little more, we'll let you have a little bite, hm?"

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall​
tumblr_inline_o0vlrlvGZ21rxsf53_100.png

"Oh, I wasn't jokin'. At least, not entirely," Ethan responded to Vlad, "Trust me, I know a thing or two about assholes callin' themselves undead, and I got my fair share of takin' the first part of that word out of the equation," he spoke. However, before he could say more, it was then that the decomposing "corpse" breathed himself back to life, startling Ethan lightly as he instinctively lifted up the ax a bit, ready to strike at the suspected cannibal, but stopping himself, deciding that until proven otherwise, the individual here didn't prove to be that big a threat.

With a furrowed brow and wary eyes, Ethan looked toward the man, still clutching his weapon tightly, finding that in place of his guns, this thing was to ensure his absolute security. The man's words perplexed Ethan just as much as everyone else, as he found himself wondering just who was behind this if the man here didn't have anything to do with it. He initially said nothing, letting Grell, Theo, and Vlad do the talking in his place, though when the cannibal practically begged to be fed, he couldn't help but get his own comment in.

"I'd suggest you answer the questions, kind sir. Else the only thing you'll be eatin' is your own leg when I feed it to you, if you love the taste of human so much," he grunted.

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Jeremi @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @thatguyinthestore @DiningRoom

The creature referred to an ominous 'it.' Perhaps they had been right about the deaths being some sort of sacrifice, after all. "It? What are you talking about, wretch?" Vlad kept the knife handy, though he doubted such a weapon would do much to destroy the Undead.

bray-wyatt.jpg

@Kaykay @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @thatguyinthestore @DiningRoom

"If the man wants his lamentations heard, let them be. There is always repentance in the eyes of my lord, so long as you've proven worthy...All believers must honor their savior."

Oh, religious talk. The one thing that showed Sammy for the cultist he truly was. Well, besides the mask. And the ink. While he wasn't particularly focusing on either Seishin or Bray, he still offered in his opinion on the matter. Nobody would defile the grace of the lord. Not in front of the prophet.

Sammy would probably have been content to continue looking for peepholes in the wall or eyes dotting the wallpaper had something else not caught his ear.

"The master..." He turned back to the table, facing the strange man, though his head was slightly tilted down to focus on the black bile he'd spat up and not the man's face. "Tell me. Is it tall? Is it thin? Is it...Mortal?"

He couldn't forget that fleeting shape he'd seen. And if he was dealing with a beast of famine...He wasn't sure what he could offer as a sacrifice. Oh, had he only brought some cans of soup.

@DINING HALL ]​
Simon Henriksson
@Kaykay @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @Midnight Maiden
@DiningRoom

Simon froze as soon as he entered the room, as he noticed the rather engorged... Mummified creature that might have once been human. Sherry's words only further encouraged him to stay in place, but after a while, he finally managed to get himself moving again. Perhaps he wasn't too far off when he had offhandedly mentioned there being a kitchen behind the door, but... He doubted there would be any sign of food, let alone cake here.

He was quite startled when the bloated, mummified corpse suddenly began speaking... But fortunately, it didn't seem to mean them any harm at the moment. Though it looks like this once human creature's seemingly unending appetite had long since consumed anything edible... Or... Perhaps, even living in this place, before they came.

It spoke of an unending appetite, and something that was giving it an urge to eat... Something that overpowered its very own will...

At first he had expected this... Thing to be some sort of mindless creature that would try and attack them, but well... Now... Simon wasn't so sure; he hadn't quite encountered anything like this before, in his dreams, nor in the real world, at least not until up to this place.

While the creature seemed harmless right now, Simon decided to play it safe and keep his distance as he spoke.

"... It? What do you mean?" He asked, looking confused.

Was this creature under some sort of curse? Possessed? Infected? He wasn't quite sure, but... Well, he figured he would at least try and get some answers while he still could... For all he knew, the mummified, talking corpse... Creature thing might suddenly go into some frenzy and attack them...​

Last edited:

bray-wyatt.jpg

@DINING HALL ]​

"It's here." He caressed his stomach. "It's waited long enough. Forgive me." As it spoke the corpses entire stomach erupted in a display of guts and gore sending chunks flying all over the room. From inside the stomach a slithering huge tape worm like creature emerged barring its suction cup like mouth filled with razor sharp teeth lounging itself towards Vlad.

@Atomyk @Kaykay @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @thatguyinthestore @DiningRoom

"It's here." He caressed his stomach. "It's waited long enough. Forgive me." As it spoke the corpses entire stomach erupted in a display of guts and gore sending chunks flying all over the room. From inside the stomach a slithering huge tape worm like creature emerged barring its suction cup like mouth filled with razor sharp teeth lounging itself towards Vlad.

@Atomyk @Kaykay @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @thatguyinthestore @DiningRoom
Simon Henriksson
@Atomyk @Kaykay @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi
@Dining Room

Simon let out a shout in surprise when the creature's stomach suddenly blew open... And a ginormous tapeworm creature emerged, from within... With a mouth full of sharp teeth and everything, lunging towards Vlad.

"What... What the hell?!" he managed to cry out, clearly not expecting a turnout like this.

Thinking quickly, he attempted to grab a knife from the table, and slice at the tapeworm creature before it could reach its intended target... It looks like his fight or flight instinct has kicked in, and clearly he chose the former, like he had a tendency to... For the better or worse.​

Last edited:

"Wow, poor little girl," Queen replied, frowning. "Was she alone? Maybe we should've tried to bring us with her and help her." Although, Makoto wasn't sure if there was anything they could've done to help her.She quieted, however, when the corpse would start speaking to the group. She cringed at the vile thing, but said nothing to it for now.
"I'm willing to bet that if Chucky were flesh and blood, it would be him that you'd suggest the cannibal eat instead of Bray," she commented, sighing afterwards. God, she was starting to sound like Joker.

Seeing the tapeworm spring at Vlad, Queen hopped back. She didn't have any weapons or anything to help them stop it, so she would reflexively grab a knife from the table just as Simon had. She wouldn't attack the worm yet, however, but would instead wait to see what the others would do.

@Yun Lee @dark @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk

"Aye."

Vlad's reflexes felt sluggish by his own standards, but he was still a trained killer. A damn good one. He brought his knife up in a motion meant more to deflect than slice, being on the backfoot.

Fortunately, more than a few people had come to his aid, as well.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person

bray-wyatt.jpg

@DINING HALL ]​

Seishin grunted softly as Bray spoke, followed by Sammy, still internally peeved. Though kept his composure.

"Perhaps putting the animated corpse out of his mis-"

Seishin paused when the mummified corspe spoke again, rubbing his stomach. Tensing at his words and taking a steak knife from the table.

Then the corpse exploded and something even more disgusting came from it. Stomach churning a bit in mild disgust the Jinrou sheilded his face from the chunks flying this way and that before taking the knife he had in hand from the table and slicing at the abomination as it was focused on Vlad. Hopefully his attack along with other's would be enough to end the creature.

"Wow, poor little girl," Queen replied, frowning. "Was she alone? Maybe we should've tried to bring us with her and help her." Although, Makoto wasn't sure if there was anything they could've done to help her.She quieted, however, when the corpse would start speaking to the group. She cringed at the vile thing, but said nothing to it for now.

"I'm willing to bet that if Chucky were flesh and blood, it would be him that you'd suggest the cannibal eat instead of Bray," she commented, sighing afterwards. God, she was starting to sound like Joker.

Seeing the tapeworm spring at Vlad, Queen hopped back. She didn't have any weapons or anything to help them stop it, so she would reflexively grab a knife from the table just as Simon had. She wouldn't attack the worm yet, however, but would instead wait to see what the others would do.

6Y0GO.jpg

"Well, it ain't like stabbing a person, but I guess it'll do."
Chucky said with a meniacal grin before letting out sadistic laugh, one which was worse than his usual laugh, and stabbing the creature repeatedly. He was so caught up in the stabbing that he didn't even notice Queen's comment.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @BarrenThin @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @dark @Kaykay @Takumi

That earned pause and narrowed eyes from Tarlotte, who looked less than amused by Jack's comment. She regarded the girl with a skeptical gaze, frowning visibly as she scrutinized her, tail flicking back and forth judgementally. "Who the hell is Atalanta? What kind of stupid name is that, anyways?" she demanded, features still set in a scowl. But the answer didn't matter, for she was occupied with other things.

Like trying to make sure to keep an eye out to assure nobody else tried to pet her like that catboy. And sniffing around for cake.

@Crow @tagsconstrictedonmobileah​

"It's your stupid name, we believe," Jack adds. "We introduced ourselves as Jack the Ripper, you said you were Atalanta. Oh wait, could it be that you're not Atalanta? You certainly resemble her..."

Pulling the door open, Robert and the others were met with a spectacular sight!

9cb63d00e2e28319a3b0cf52858c9c94.jpg

The group were met by a lavish dining hall with a large table in the middle of it. Compared to the rest of the town and mansion this room seemed like it had been frozen in time. Not a speck of dust or other dirt in sight. While the table had been set there appeared to be only one seat that was taken.

At the far end of the table sat the, what you could assume was the corpse, of a huge grotesquely obese man dressed in a fine suit that seemed at least three sizes too small. Despite its huge girth the body looked otherwise shivered and the skin was like leather as if he had been mummified.

Sherry felt like a parrot but she felt it was best to say it anyway. "Everyone be really careful...I don't like this one bit."

@Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall

While this occured, Jack decided to grab a dining knife or two from the table.

OfJTR4m.jpg

"If you did not take us away from our mother and into this place... then... who did?" Jack asks the fat corpse. "Who is it, and where did it come from?"

Before Jack's answers could be acquired, a lengthy beast emerged from the reanimated corpse's body.

V381ocA.jpg

"We'll gouge out all five of your hearts!" Jack says, before jumping onto the table and throwing various forks at the worm beast.

@Jeremi @Kaykay @Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9 @BarrenThin @Verite @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @dark @thatguyinthestore @DiningRoom

Last edited:

hqdefault.jpg

Delsin didn't hesitate as he winced after the guy exploded revealing the tapeworm inside.

The Conduit grabbed a steak knife off the table and sliced the tapeworm beast before it reached its target of Vlad.

@Jeremi @dark @Yun Lee @Lissamel @Takumi @Verite @Crow @thatguyinthestore @BarrenThin @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Atomyk @DiningHall

Theo Raeken

"Aye," Theo muttered under his breath, so that he wouldn't be heard. He agreed with Grell that they should feed Bray to it. He looked around the room and grabbed a steak knife and stabbed it before it could reach Vlad. He would rather not lose the only thing that was keeping Chucky good.

The Devil entered the dining hall with the rest of the group and picked up a knife off the table

"Well it's not a trident but.....I suppose it could work"

He said with a content smile on his face.

@everyone

Chapter 1 - Calm Waters

The giant tapeworm squealed out in agony as it got descended upon by the group. Despite it's ferocious size it seemed that it could be hurt.

As the attacks were done it writhed around and slumped dead on the table.

"That was disgusting."
Sherry replied, relieved that they had avenged the townsfolk. "Everyone okay?"

Before anyone could respond the group would feel a rumbling going through the house. "What now?"

From the body of the tapeworm erupted a geyser of blood that was quickly filling the room. "Get to the door!" Sherry shouted trying wading through the now ankle deep blood towards the door...that was no longer there.

Looking around the room it seemed to be fully sealed and the blood was continuing to rise until it had enveloped the whole room. Suddenly you felt like you were swept away by a current to somewhere before you pass out.

7-Creepy-Waterfront-Trails-in-SoCal-Perfect-for-A-Haunted-Hike.jpg

When you come to you find yourself on the cold ground. You heard a stream nearby and as you got up you'd see a long bridge going over a body of water. They also found themselves surprisingly dry despite just having a swim in blood. "What just happened?" Sherry asked the group. "How did we end up here from that mansion? What they hell is going on?!"
For the keen eyed in the group they'd find Kyle Knock was no longer with the group.

Cast list:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Rottytops
@Atomyk as Robert Small
@BarrenThin as Vlad Von Carstein
@Bomb as Kuro
@Crow as Jack the Ripper
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Trevor Belmont
@dark as Delsin Rowe
@Darkseide as William 'Penny' Adiyoi
@EternalInfinity as Kel'thuzad
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as King
@Josh M as Bray Wyatt
@Kaykay as Numahime Tenma
@Khan of the Mardu as Akira Kurusu
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Makoto Niijima
@Lissamel as Sammy Lawrence
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Theo Raeken
@Midnight Maiden as Tarlotte
@Minerva as Yuri
@Otto as Varus
@Sen as Saeran Choi
@Takumi as Seishin Muroi
@ThatAverageGuy as The Devil
@thatguyinthestore as Chucky
@Verite as Ethan Chandler
@York as Simon Henriksson
@Yun Lee as Grell Sutcliff​

Red. Beautiful, crimson blood filled the room, surrounded them all, and swept them away to nowhere. Such a beautiful color, but alas, it was not to last long, for now they were in some void away from any color but gray. Dreary, dreadful gray.
ae3ac901896d50e211f52333a480d471.jpg

"The change of scenery is appreciated, but did we really have to end up in such a dull setting?" She sighed, checking her pockets to make sure she still had her lighter. She would also glance to Ethan. "How are you faring? Hopefully our exit, stage left didn't cause you any harm."

@Jeremi @Verite