Murder XX: A Night In Terror Town

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Well...it was nice to know people were making friends. Sherry thought to herself looking over the group. Well except Chucky, but that was to be expected.

Grell-Sutcliff-83-lolly4me2-17408228-420-357.jpg

"Can we go now? I'd rather take my chances with whatever lies over that bridge than listen to another minute of this exchange." Grell was starting to wonder if she had been sent to Purgatory. If it wasn't evil monsters trying to kill her, it was obnoxious group members getting into the strangest arguements she'd ever heard.

@Anyone @</3​

"I'm ready to head off as well."
Sherry replied making her way towards the bridge. "It's obvious we have two paths to choose from. Going into the forest or going over the bridge to see where that's going to lead us. I'm going to go over the bridge, but I'm not going to hold it against anyone if you want to go to the forest. We need to cover our bases here after all. We'll meet up back here after a hour or so and plot our next course. Does that sound okay to all? Again...just try not to get killed, okay?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee

The things they had seen, the things they were... There was an inkling at the back of Robert's mind that there was no going back from this. A part of him was sure he had come here to die. Just as well, really, considering this is the end he probably deserved. Better than most, certainly.

"Splitting up is for horror schlock," Robert said, joining Sherry on the bridge. He felt at his jacket, brushing against the knife he had taken back in the mansion. Robert felt more secure with a knife in general. Maybe if he grabbed some wood, he could...

7BGDeIa.png

"Seems to me you might need the most help out of all of us," he said to Sherry, speaking of her knack for getting hurt. "Is that a regular occurrence for a government agent?"

@Jeremi @Bridge

The things they had seen, the things they were... There was an inkling at the back of Robert's mind that there was no going back from this. A part of him was sure he had come here to die. Just as well, really, considering this is the end he probably deserved. Better than most, certainly.

"Splitting up is for horror schlock," Robert said, joining Sherry on the bridge. He felt at his jacket, brushing against the knife he had taken back in the mansion. Robert felt more secure with a knife in general. Maybe if he grabbed some wood, he could...

7BGDeIa.png

"Seems to me you might need the most help out of all of us," he said to Sherry, speaking of her knack for getting hurt. "Is that a regular occurrence for a government agent?"

@Jeremi @Bridge
"I'm headin' to the bridge." Chucky replied before doing just that, eventually standing there along with Robert and Sherry.

5af916cd2614552ab5ee87685bd45dad85696cce_hq.jpg

"Jesus, you look depressing as fuck." Chucky said to Robert, having not even noticed the man up until this point.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Bridge

Kuro lurked over towards the forest.

@Forest peeps​

Watching Chucky go to the bridge made the Reaper's choice of where to go rather obvious. "If he's going to the bridge, I'd much rather go to the forest," Grell said, turning to Ethan. "Would you like to accompany me? Between your axe and my firepower we'd be a match for anything lurking in there." There was a large appeal in burning the entire forest down, really. After all she'd been through, committing arson could be a great stress reliever if needed.

@Jeremi @Verite @Bomb

"I'm taking the forest. You can come with if you want Sammy."

He started to walk towards the forest

@Lissamel @eveyone​

Watching Chucky go to the bridge made the Reaper's choice of where to go rather obvious. "If he's going to the bridge, I'd much rather go to the forest," Grell said, turning to Ethan. "Would you like to accompany me? Between your axe and my firepower we'd be a match for anything lurking in there." There was a large appeal in burning the entire forest down, really. After all she'd been through, committing arson could be a great stress reliever if needed.​
tumblr_inline_o0vltnNcjA1rxsf53_100.png

"It would be my pleasure, Miss Sutcliff," Ethan nodded, placing one hand in his pocket while holding his ax over his shoulder in the other, beginning to walk into the forest with that. Get back here in an hour, huh? Fine, then. That seemed reasonable enough.

He could only hope that there wasn't too much danger in either destinations -- after all, there was strength in numbers -- but security was a luxury the man could not afford at this moment. All he could do was hope in a hopeless place.

As he walked in the meantime, Ethan nonchalantly gazed up at the sky, wondering how close it might have been to night... and what kind of moon would show itself when the clouds parted...

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @Forest

69ad8808d4d3740ee321248828f9eda0.jpg

It was even more annoying waking up after he was almost drowned in a tapeworm's blood. Delsin pushed himself up on the bridge and looked around "Ugh, so much for weird. " Seeing a split in the path, Delsin eyed Chucky and turned at the other group "I'm heading to the forest".

Delsin pocketed his knife and held it close luckily.

@Forest group, @Verite, @Jeremi @Yun Lee, @ThatAverageGuy @Bomb and everybody else going to the forest.

grell-sutcliff-black-butler-54.9.jpg

"I do love a man with manners, dear, but you can call me Grell if you'd prefer. Much easier to say than Ms. Sutcliff, really." Grell glanced up to the sky as well, wondering what Ethan could be looking at. Maybe trying to stargaze?

"I doubt those clouds may clear anytime soon," she said. "A shame, too...how I love the night sky! Especially out in the country, when all the stars are out. Don't get me wrong, the city is far more to my tastes, but all that smog and steam keeps the sky from being as clear as it is in rural areas." Would she ever get to see the night sky again, after this? She hoped so. If she did, she wouldn't take it for granted.

@Verite

Well...it was nice to know people were making friends. Sherry thought to herself looking over the group. Well except Chucky, but that was to be expected.

Sherry replied making her way towards the bridge. "It's obvious we have two paths to choose from. Going into the forest or going over the bridge to see where that's going to lead us. I'm going to go over the bridge, but I'm not going to hold it against anyone if you want to go to the forest. We need to cover our bases here after all. We'll meet up back here after a hour or so and plot our next course. Does that sound okay to all? Again...just try not to get killed, okay?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @dark @Darkseide @EternalInfinity @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Josh M @Kaykay @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Midnight Maiden @Minerva @Otto @Sen @Takumi @ThatAverageGuy @thatguyinthestore @Verite @York @Yun Lee
Seeing the entire group split apart into two groups, Joker couldn't have but release a sigh... Not as if he wouldn't go along with one of the two, but in his mind, he could already tell how badly this was going to go. Did no one ever watch horror films in this group? "Oh well, can't be helped it seems," The teen chirped before looking to Makoto with a smile, holding out a hand, "To the forest, my queen? I'm certain we'll have one less doll in our company if we take such a path."

@Verite @Jeremi @Yun Lee @ThatAverageGuy @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

7BGDeIa.png

@Jeremi @Bridge

"Not all of them...and I try to avoid it when I can." Sherry hadn't much talked to Robert before this, but she was glad that he at least seemed concerned. "I have this thing inside me that usually helps me heal faster. No such luck here I'm afraid. I need to remember that."

"I'm headin' to the bridge." Chucky replied before doing just that, eventually standing there along with Robert and Sherry.

5af916cd2614552ab5ee87685bd45dad85696cce_hq.jpg

"Jesus, you look depressing as fuck." Chucky said to Robert, having not even noticed the man up until this point.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Bridge

Oh joy...Chucky. Sherry also realized what his inclusion meant to the others joining over the bridge and gave some of people in the group a glare...but she wasn't going to let this deter here. "Well Robert...Chucky. Let's head off then. Again everyone...stay safe. We'll meet back here in a hour."

With that Sherry started to make her way over the bridge. They'd see that the bridge lead to a little island in the middle of the lake that was connected to another bridge that lead towards dry land. You also spotted a gazebo in the middle on the island. The bridge creaked as they walked on it and it was clear that the bridge had seen better days.

@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @BridgeGroup

Meanwhile the forest group found the trees growing more closer as they continued down the path.

hqdefault.jpg

A light mist had also rolled over the area making visibility lower slightly. As they walked they would hear a sound coming from further in the forest. Like a scream that was quickly silenced.​

@Yun Lee @Verite @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ForestGroup

Meanwhile the forest group found the trees growing more closer as they continued down the path.

hqdefault.jpg

A light mist had also rolled over the area making visibility lower slightly. As they walked they would hear a sound coming from further in the forest. Like a scream that was quickly silenced.​

@Yun Lee @Verite @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ForestGroup
"A scream huh...I don't think we're alone in this forest"

He was getting ready to grab his knife in case something jumped out on them.

@Forest Group

"Not all of them...and I try to avoid it when I can." Sherry hadn't much talked to Robert before this, but she was glad that he at least seemed concerned. "I have this thing inside me that usually helps me heal faster. No such luck here I'm afraid. I need to remember that."

Oh joy...Chucky. Sherry also realized what his inclusion meant to the others joining over the bridge and gave some of people in the group a glare...but she wasn't going to let this deter here. "Well Robert...Chucky. Let's head off then. Again everyone...stay safe. We'll meet back here in a hour."

With that Sherry started to make her way over the bridge. They'd see that the bridge lead to a little island in the middle of the lake that was connected to another bridge that lead towards dry land. You also spotted a gazebo in the middle on the island. The bridge creaked as they walked on it and it was clear that the bridge had seen better days.

hqdefault.jpg

@Forest Group
Well, that was certainly a lovely sound to walk towards. For a moment, Joker cursed his reluctance to grab a knife from before; a dagger or knife would have been perfect for him, even if only a carving knife for hams and turkeys. However, he couldn't focus on the past mistakes, not if he wanted to stay calm through this worrisome time. Thus, as the so-called Devil pulled his knife out, the thief cracked a smile at him, a joke already on the tip of his tongue, "Vigilant for Caesar, eh, Cicero?"

@Yun Lee @Verite @dark @ThatAverageGuy @Khan of the Mardu @Bomb @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ForestGroup​

7BGDeIa.png

@Jeremi @Bridge

hqdefault.jpg

Simon Henriksson
@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi
@Bridge

At first, Simon aimed to head towards the forest, like he had said... But... He hesitated, noticing just how many people have already headed there, before he eventually turned around, deciding to join those crossing the bridge, silently making his way with them towards what looked to be dry land. Though he kept a close eye on Chucky, seeing that the doll had decided to join them; he wasn't sure if Chucky would try anything, but just incase... He had his guard up.

Staying quiet still, he tried to make out any points of interest on the island they were approaching, well... Other than the Gazebo of course. On the other hand, even if it was just the Gazebo, perhaps there were some usefull items there? Or just another freaky creature awaiting them. Whatever the case, there only seemed to be one way to find out... Which was to move forwards...​

7qqcK0c.png

"..."

Robert eyed the talking doll like he was a minor nuisance at best. Truthfully, Robert would have rathered not to have to travel with the vile thing, but he supposed it was his unlucky day. He was just going to imagine it was the doll's presence that forced everyone to brave the wild forest and not anything on his part.

"Depressing, huh? Guess that makes sense, considering the life I've led and the horrors I've seen. You know, you're not the first animated doll I've come across." Robert spoke nonchalantly. He didn't want to give Chucky the satisfaction of knowing he put him off. "Dolls attract supernatural energy, for the children that play with them are vulnerable hosts for spiritual threats. These dolls can retain the energy, acting like a kind of guardian spirit for their dear friend. The problem then is that after they've been forgotten or abandoned, there's a good chance that energy will make the doll come alive, manifesting as a spirit of vengeance over being forgotten."

He tapped his chin as if deep in thought. "Right, yeah... there was one that was a real monster. Terrorized a family. Stalked them even after they moved. They called me in to investigate, but what I found... was something I'd rather not repeat. The doll just stalked the family, but he did far worse to their neighbors." Robert cleared his throat. "There never was an animated doll worse than that one. A real sadist. Managed a ritual to get rid of him, but I never forget the fear of looking into his eyes. They weren't just a doll's eyes, they were human... one of his victim's eyes, if I recall."

Robert let that sit for a moment before stepping on ahead. "Sherry, not sure what this thing you mean is, but you don't seem like a typical government crony. You're rather emotional, really. That's not an insult. It's refreshing, and it means you're probably a deal more empathetic." That was assuming Sherry was not lying, but truly, she did not seem the type.

ecPpw1w.png

"Let's try walking in a line so we don't put too much weight on any section of the bridge," Robert offered. "Gazebo seems a good vantage point, if it's not cursed."

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @York @Bridge

4577575.jpg

"Yeah... well it'd be nice to not have to listen to him going on about his 'savior' every five fuckin' seconds." Chucky replied with a bit of a groan.

@Lissamel @ThatAverageGuy @Crow @Sen

Op8PcJc.jpg

"Mother would never abandon us! Because if she did, she wouldn't be our mother in the first place..." Jack comments. "That is how we see... them. The ones who abandoned us in that lake before they could birth us..."

It would take a bit of thinking to figure that the word 'abortion' was not present in Jack's mental dictionary.

"Anyways, we suppose we could accompany you. Mother is much like us. If it is a place that welcomes us, it is definitely a place that welcomes Mother."

vceRlbL.jpg

Jack, upon seeing Unknown fret about his Saviour doubting him, assured him, "you shouldn't doubt your mother. If we were in your shoes, we would believe the confirmation of your mother before the words of others. So, focus on returning to her first. Well, since this Sammy person over here has introduced himself, and we have briefly dropped our name, maybe you should go ahead and tell us yours."

Jack noticed that she was being watched as she turned around for a bit.

nyVmAVd.jpg

"Is something the matter, Vlad?"

@Sen @Minerva @Lissamel @BarrenThin @thatguyinthestore
A successor?

What a flattering notion! Sammy's fingers slightly curled. This believer considered him a successor to the lord--He was honored, certainly, but he knew it wasn't true. He was merely a voice, an acolyte, the prophet. No successor. Besides, how would one such as himself go about becoming so pure, so perfect--Becoming a demon of ink? Impossible. And, considering Sammy's goal, counterproductive.

Still, seeing the tears build in his eyes made a twinge of pity go through him.

"A disciple, yes. But I am no successor. I am the prophet, and nothing more--I have yet still to get my lord to notice me." Soon. He'd be noticed in his devotion soon. He had to be. "And as this one said," He gave a sort of gesture in Jack's direction, "You should never doubt the savior. Just as he loves me, he loves you. Your distress proves your worthiness. All must remain loyal. Weep not for your state, nor any other."

He was smiling again, just the slightest bit. Truth be told, he was...Rather glad to be able to speak with a fellow believer, even if he was constantly botching the details. Recently, all he'd had to talk to was inky abominations who could barely speak. To discuss--Not just to preach--Was a welcome change in his eyes.

[ @Sen @Crow ]​
The Devil walked over to Sammy

"How are you holding up lackey?"

"Hey back off it's his belief alright!"

He couldn't believe what he was saying. Sticking up for someone else.... that's just not like him.

"Well it'd be nice if you weren't such an asshole all the damn time."

He started to get annoyed by this dumb doll.

@thatguyinthestore

"Yes, yes, you're all right." Unknown sobbed back the oncoming tears, and wiped the beads away with his sleeve. The worst thing to do now was to doubt the person who had saved him. "The Savior showed me salvation, I shouldn't push away the happiness she has shown me when I was rejected by the world. I'm so happy the both of you understand!"

"The world needs more people like you... the world needs to be cleansed of scum who will just abandon others at a moment's notice."

Somewhere in the back of his head, he heard the other him whisper angrily: "You're such a crybaby."

Ignoring it, he offered a boyish smile to these newfound 'believers'. "My name is Unknown, but please call me Ray... or not, both is fine!" he awkwardly chuckled. Clearly he was not used to social interaction and lacked good skill in that department.

"A prophet... yes, we need more people to preach. Everyone thinks we're a silly cult, they don't know that the best way to embrace happiness is to embrace the devil within us!" His eyes lit up as he regurgitated what had been fed to him since he was young, sat upon the lap of a woman whose hair fell around her like a golden curtain. She nursed his hatred and helped him to control it, to understand it. Images of a young red-headed boy, now grown up - having forgotten him - and a man with turquoise hair like the blue sky, flashed in his mind's eye. Traitors. Abandoners. He hated them. "Without the dark the Savior provides the devil inside of me will die, and I will perish as well. What's so bad about me wanting to be eternally happy?" Unknown shook his head, not understanding why he would be judged in society for doing what was best for him. So, he was glad he had found Sammy, who seemed to understand.

Upon seeing a similarly built character approach Sammy, Unknown's focused expression changed into one of surprise. He listened to what the newcomer said, then looked back at Sammy with a million questions in his mind. "'Lackey?'" the man repeated. "Is this the- I mean, your Savior?"

This certainly wasn't the beautiful, blonde goddess that had come to save him from being unwanted.

The talking doll had surprised him as well. Since only the other him had seen Chucky, his 'Ray' side had no idea why there was a beat-up, bleeding figure walking around. He looked menacing and dangerous. "Um... I wouldn't call the Savior a sham, the Savior saves many people from being unhappy? Are you... unhappy?"

He looked over Chucky with a concerned expression. "Oh, I'm not sure if possessed dolls are capable of feeling anything but anger... I'm sorry if I offended you!" Isn't that how the movies made it out to be?

"Um... I think we should try to find a way back home... Jack has to look for their mother and I have to look for the..." he glanced at the Devil, "-my savior."

"I'll go have a look at the bridge..."

@Crow @Lissamel @thatguyinthestore @ThatAverageGuy @Jeremi

#mobile post fuck color text

@Forest Group

It seemed that if they wanted to investigate the scream they'd have to go off the road and deeper into the forest.

Simon Henriksson
@Atomyk @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi
@Bridge

At first, Simon aimed to head towards the forest, like he had said... But... He hesitated, noticing just how many people have already headed there, before he eventually turned around, deciding to join those crossing the bridge, silently making his way with them towards what looked to be dry land. Though he kept a close eye on Chucky, seeing that the doll had decided to join them; he wasn't sure if Chucky would try anything, but just incase... He had his guard up.

Staying quiet still, he tried to make out any points of interest on the island they were approaching, well... Other than the Gazebo of course. On the other hand, even if it was just the Gazebo, perhaps there were some usefull items there? Or just another freaky creature awaiting them. Whatever the case, there only seemed to be one way to find out... Which was to move forwards...​

There didn't seem to be anything worth noting on the way except for the gazebo on the island.

7qqcK0c.png

"..."

Robert eyed the talking doll like he was a minor nuisance at best. Truthfully, Robert would have rathered not to have to travel with the vile thing, but he supposed it was his unlucky day. He was just going to imagine it was the doll's presence that forced everyone to brave the wild forest and not anything on his part.

"Depressing, huh? Guess that makes sense, considering the life I've led and the horrors I've seen. You know, you're not the first animated doll I've come across." Robert spoke nonchalantly. He didn't want to give Chucky the satisfaction of knowing he put him off. "Dolls attract supernatural energy, for the children that play with them are vulnerable hosts for spiritual threats. These dolls can retain the energy, acting like a kind of guardian spirit for their dear friend. The problem then is that after they've been forgotten or abandoned, there's a good chance that energy will make the doll come alive, manifesting as a spirit of vengeance over being forgotten."

He tapped his chin as if deep in thought. "Right, yeah... there was one that was a real monster. Terrorized a family. Stalked them even after they moved. They called me in to investigate, but what I found... was something I'd rather not repeat. The doll just stalked the family, but he did far worse to their neighbors." Robert cleared his throat. "There never was an animated doll worse than that one. A real sadist. Managed a ritual to get rid of him, but I never forget the fear of looking into his eyes. They weren't just a doll's eyes, they were human... one of his victim's eyes, if I recall."

Robert let that sit for a moment before stepping on ahead. "Sherry, not sure what this thing you mean is, but you don't seem like a typical government crony. You're rather emotional, really. That's not an insult. It's refreshing, and it means you're probably a deal more empathetic." That was assuming Sherry was not lying, but truly, she did not seem the type.

ecPpw1w.png

"Let's try walking in a line so we don't put too much weight on any section of the bridge," Robert offered. "Gazebo seems a good vantage point, if it's not cursed."

Sherry was taken aback at the comment but tried her best to recover. "W-well thank you? Not all agents are sticks in the mud after all." Came a response more harsher than she wanted it to sound.

Making their way to the gazebo they'd find it to be rather worse for ware, but they could see something shiny on the bench inside.

@Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Bridge

hqdefault.jpg

Seishin quietly went along with the bridge group. He hoped that the rest would be alright in the forest, and that they would come back as safe as possible.

He walked carefully along with the rest, though chuckled at Chucky's claim that Robert looked depressing, though that amusement was reigned in a bit as Robert spoke. Robert might have looked the part, but Seishin was pretty dreary on occasion, and Sunako herself had said he didn't look like one forsaken by God upon meeting him and realizing he was the author of the stories she enjoyed.

It seemed that if they wanted to investigate the scream they'd have to go off the road and deeper into the forest.

There didn't seem to be anything worth noting on the way except for the gazebo on the island.

Sherry was taken aback at the comment but tried her best to recover. "W-well thank you? Not all agents are sticks in the mud after all." Came a response more harsher than she wanted it to sound.

Making their way to the gazebo they'd find it to be rather worse for ware, but they could see something shiny on the bench inside.

@Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Bridge

Seishin cautiously tried to see what the shiny thing was, keeping the steak knife he had taken from the last area in hand.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Sen @thatguyinthestore @York @Bridge

"I've had a few run-ins with agents. None too happy with me. State secrets and all that."

Robert was liking this particular bit of fake backstory.

Lpt6qvH.png

"You'll have to vouch for me with your people," Robert said, reaching the gazebo. When he saw the shiny object, he made a grab for it instead of simply trying to observe it.

@Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @York @Sen @Takumi @Bridge

7qqcK0c.png

"..."

ecPpw1w.png

"Sounds like someone I'd wanna meet." Chucky replied with a small smirk on his face as they walked along the bridge. He didn't really care for Robert's story because, well, his origin was completely different so he automatically assumed that whatever Robert did on that other doll had no effect on him.

As they made their way to the gazebo, Chucky allowed Robert to grab the shiny object, secretly hoping that it was a mine or something. Not because he particularly disliked Robert, but simply because he couldn't do any killing for that immortality, so seeing some carnage by other means would at least satisfy his appetite.

@Jeremi @Atomyk @Takumi @York @Sen @BridgeGroup