Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

"Ever ready," Ernesti comments as he prepares for the next round.

"Senpai, you have to live through this!" Ernesti shouted towards Ritsuka.

His other worry included Yamashiro. She, along with two others, were in deep trouble.

Even if all who had failed in deciphering a pattern had gained enough in Round 3, someone else had to go.

Who knows, maybe the third round was when he would fall. A possible plot twist, but at least it wasn't predictable.

Best to trudge on.

@Yun Lee @Minerva

3b3b64487c8fd74e1851d634510c15ac.gif

That's what happens when Gon gets ahead of himself.​

Hiyorita

Rita bit down on her lip. Why were Ritsuka and Shantae doing so bad? She needed to make this easier so that one of them had a chance. Hopefully, she wouldn't let them die. She would never forgive herself if they did. She laid the cards out, not sure what to do before it hit her like a ton of bricks. Sometimes you needed order in the chaos- especially when working with unstable people like Phil Connors.

@Yun Lee

Hiyorita

Rita bit down on her lip. Why were Ritsuka and Shantae doing so bad? She needed to make this easier so that one of them had a chance. Hopefully, she wouldn't let them die. She would never forgive herself if they did. She laid the cards out, not sure what to do before it hit her like a ton of bricks. Sometimes you needed order in the chaos- especially when working with unstable people like Phil Connors.

@Yun Lee

Shantae had fallen asleep. An adventure like this tires one's soul.

@LuckycoolHawk9

Hiyorita

" Wake up. It's hard to compete and get points if you are asleep. You need to get at least one point. Please wake up," Rita said, half-begging and half serious.

@thatguyinthestore

"One point?" Kaede gave Rita and Shantae a condescending smirk. "If she has any prayer of getting out of this alive after this pitiful display, she needs to get every card right in this round!"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore

"The moment you've all been waiting for...round three has now begun!"

"Excellent! Hahaha! Give it all you've got, everyone!"
tumblr_orr9rqcTzl1twcdf0o1_r1_500.png

"The real fun...starts n o w."

(Round Three will end at 9 am pst tomorrow!!)

@Yun Lee @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Verite @Mari @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Kaykay @dark @Midnight Maiden

7aJxxYP.jpg

"I couldn't agree more!"

Ernesti says to Yumeko as he places his cards in order.

"I think I'll save the last laugh for the last game!"

"I have Kirari's memories," Ririka explained to Risky. "I know you're all supposed to d-die, and you being here means you did."

Yusuke would find no exits, save for the door. "M-Mary used to be a housepet, but won her way out. I think Yumeko helped her, but she remained one herself. Kirari offered her a place in the student council, b-but...Mary refused."

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife

In response to Risky's claim that they weren't dead the god shrugged.

tumblr_inline_ocfp894kBe1r3leyb_100.png

"Last I checked I was shot through the stomach and bled out, there's something missing or just something we might never find out on how or why we ended up here after death, but the scientist what'shisname mentioned a simulation room earlier, what we were supposed to go through to keep us from dying upon entering the base I believe he said." he stated.

They were stuck, but Yato had a plan in case Krieger came back with the tranquilizers.

"Housepet? It'd make some sense as to why Mary turned it down if it's as bad as it sounds." Yato added towards Ririka. Pushing himself off the door the god stretched and sighed. All they could do now was wait.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife

"B-Being a housepet...it's basically a death sentence at our school. Our school, it revolves around gambling. Earn a large debt, and you become a housepet. You basically become a s-slave to everyone else. And the council...they...th-they..."

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife​
CC8zLD8.png

"Hm, this is most definitely not going according to plan," Yusuke mumbled to himself when he would find nothing else of interest within the room. Unsure what else to do, the boy retired from his pacing and returned to the group. "Housepet, huh? I know the feeling," he mumbled, his voice lowering in tone. Picking his voice back up, however, he would ask the others, "Any ideas as to what we should do now? I've seen nothing of interest left for us within this room, yet it seems we have no means of escape."

Seeming uncertain as to what he should do with himself, the boy made a box with his fingers and began looking around the room, periodically glancing through the box. "Nothing about this location is baroque," he complained to himself. "It's most certainly a good thing I'm not painting right now. A place such as this lacks beauty and inspiration." Although he complained, the boy honestly would've given anything to be painting right now--or even just to have a blank piece of paper to doodle on. Eventually, he stopped shifting his fingers around the room and focused his little box on Yato, peering at the god through his hands. "Hmmm," he mused quietly to himself. Totally not staring like a creeper. : |

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
"B-Being a housepet...it's basically a death sentence at our school. Our school, it revolves around gambling. Earn a large debt, and you become a housepet. You basically become a s-slave to everyone else. And the council...they...th-they..."

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife​

"Kids these days are just plain cruel." the god said nonchalantly.

"You don't have to push yourself, we get the gist."

CC8zLD8.png

"Hm, this is most definitely not going according to plan," Yusuke mumbled to himself when he would find nothing else of interest within the room. Unsure what else to do, the boy retired from his pacing and returned to the group. "Housepet, huh? I know the feeling," he mumbled, his voice lowering in tone. Picking his voice back up, however, he would ask the others, "Any ideas as to what we should do now? I've seen nothing of interest left for us within this room, yet it seems we have no means of escape."

Seeming uncertain as to what he should do with himself, the boy made a box with his fingers and began looking around the room, periodically glancing through the box. "Nothing about this location is baroque," he complained to himself. "It's most certainly a good thing I'm not painting right now. A place such as this lacks beauty and inspiration." Although he complained, the boy honestly would've given anything to be painting right now--or even just to have a blank piece of paper to doodle on. Eventually, he stopped shifting his fingers around the room and focused his little box on Yato, peering at the god through his hands. "Hmmm," he mused quietly to himself. Totally not staring like a creeper. : |

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​

"Well whenever that scientist decides to come back I can keep him busy while you guys make a break for it." Yato suggested, before giving a tilt of his head.

tumblr_inline_ocfp2mEbYS1r3leyb_100.png

"Something come to mind? Or are you drawing inspiration?" he half joked.

tumblr_inline_ocfp2sg05e1r3leyb_100.png

'I don't have anything stuck in my teeth do I? Or is he coming up with a plan that involves the great Yatogami? ' he thought after a moment or two of silence. Even in this situation he could still somehow inflate his ego just a bit.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife

"Well whenever that scientist decides to come back I can keep him busy while you guys make a break for it." Yato suggested, before giving a tilt of his head.

'I don't have anything stuck in my teeth do I? Or is he coming up with a plan that involves the great Yatogami? ' he thought after a moment or two of silence. Even in this situation he could still somehow inflate his ego just a bit.

"Hey! I'm right here you stupid idiot!" Bowser Jr yelled when Yato said that kids were cruel nowadays, obviously taking offense to the statement.

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Mason Moretti @Afterlife

Ririka breathed a sigh of relief as Yato let her stop talking. "Thank you..."

A loud knock on the door made her jump. "Oi! You all ready to come out now?"

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Mason Moretti @Afterlife
Bowser Jr, upon hearing the knock on the door and the voice, immediately sprinted over to it as fast as his tiny stubby legs could take him.

"Yes!! Get me out of here right now!!" The young tyke yelled as he began to stomp his foot, not seeming to care if the rest of the room got out or not.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Afterlife

"Hey! I'm right here you stupid idiot!" Bowser Jr yelled when Yato said that kids were cruel nowadays, obviously taking offense to the statement.

C8AA5fr.png

Ignoring Bowser Jr. and mostly everything the others said for a moment, Yusuke instead spat out his thoughts regarding Yato without really thinking. "You should take your shirt off. I want to see--" Dat chest. Totally. : |

Before Yusuke could finish his somewhat questionable thought, the knock on the door would interrupt them, causing him to flinch around the same time Ririka jumped. "Hush, you hooligan," Yusuke hissed to Bowser Jr. before he would reply to the voice. "That all depends. Are you finished shooting at us?"

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
"Ever ready," Ernesti comments as he prepares for the next round.

"Senpai, you have to live through this!" Ernesti shouted towards Ritsuka.

His other worry included Yamashiro. She, along with two others, were in deep trouble.

Even if all who had failed in deciphering a pattern had gained enough in Round 3, someone else had to go.

Who knows, maybe the third round was when he would fall. A possible plot twist, but at least it wasn't predictable.

Best to trudge on.

@Yun Lee @Minerva

latest

As the third round start was announced, Yamashiro was about to go about rearranging the cards again... when she sensed some urgency from Ernesti. From his point of view it was understandable, as Yamashiro's standing was dangerously low. She smiled, though, as she tried to reassure him.

"Don't worry about me, Ernesti. I've been through many battles, and often it's the strong effort at the end that makes a difference!"

Yamashiro knew another friend was not in as good standing as her though. She turned to Ritsuka and tried to motivate her to get back into the "battle" immediately:

"Come on Ritsuka! Like Sendai-san would say, 'the night battle belongs to you!', fire away!"

@Crow @Minerva

C8AA5fr.png

Ignoring Bowser Jr. and mostly everything the others said for a moment, Yusuke instead spat out his thoughts regarding Yato without really thinking. "You should take your shirt off. I want to see--" Dat chest. Totally. : |

Before Yusuke could finish his somewhat questionable thought, the knock on the door would interrupt them, causing him to flinch around the same time Ririka jumped. "Hush, you hooligan," Yusuke hissed to Bowser Jr. before he would reply to the voice. "That all depends. Are you finished shooting at us?"

"You're welcome." Yato replied towards Ririka.

Though towards Yusuke, Yato was caught off guard at what he blurted out.

tumblr_inline_nzods1aaXV1r3leyb_100.png

"Ehhh?" he said, confused. He wasn't expecting this at all. Before he could ask what Yusuke meant there was a knock at the door, causing the god to turn towards the door, mentally preparing for whatever might come their way.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Hiyorita

Rita flipped over her cards. They were in alphabetical order. Black,blue,green,orange,purple,red, white and yellow. Order in the chaos.

@Yun Lee

C8AA5fr.png

LastingOrganicAsianwaterbuffalo-max-1mb.gif

Bowser Jr, who was still pretty angry, only glared up at Yusuke when he called him a hoolagan.

"Shutup! You don't tell me what to do! You're just a boring old person who smells like farts!!!" He screamed before stomping down on Yusuke's foot as hard as he could.

...which wasn't that hard because of his size, but it still probably hurt a little.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Yun Lee @York @Mason Moretti @Afterlife