Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

Kaede looked over Rita's shoulder, watching. "The first card order has been made," he declared. "Get your suits ready!"

(First round ends 11 pm pst tonight!)

@Yun Lee @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Verite @Mari @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Kaykay @dark @Midnight Maiden
tumblr_inline_nulypbZLQk1typ8ok_100.png

Uu! Here's my cards~! ❞
Maria smiled a bit as she handed over her cards. Being a young child, she didn't think too hard about the order of the cards, but she felt confident about it regardless.

@Yun Lee

068.png

"Here's mine!" Gon exclaimed, handing in his own cards as well. Like Maria, the boy didn't put much thought into his own submission, not able to put much thought into any potential patterns to make of it.

@Yun Lee

"I could buy and sell you, you know." Kaede didn't even bother to look at Bowser upon saying that.

@thatguyinthestore

----------------

"N-No! Kirari is...she's not that cruel. They aren't the ones who locked me in there. Actually...I don't know who did." She sighed. "I'm sorry...I said that wrong. When I said stored away, that meant I was kept here. In the volcano." Ririka looked around the room as well. "I don't know where this room is. All I remember before waking is being grabbed from behind and having something stuffed in my mouth...a-and hair. Blonde hair."

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife

Bowser let out a laugh in response.

"BWAHAHAHAHA!! You're kiddin, right? Y'cant putta price on somethin like this." Bowser said as he began to flex like the complete jerk he was.

@Yun Lee

Bowser let out a laugh in response.

"BWAHAHAHAHA!! You're kiddin, right? Y'cant putta price on somethin like this." Bowser said as he began to flex like the complete jerk he was.

@Yun Lee

"Let us not think of any other possible implications beyond an exotic pet," Ernesti seemed a bit disgusted, not at Bowser's flexing, but something that came to mind due to said flexing.​

Kaede looked at Ernesti, unimpressed. "You, for one thing. Everyone in this room, really. But I doubt any of you left would turn much of a profit."

Yumeko turned in her cards. "You know, I played this game with someone else. It's far more fun when not played by someone completely abhorrent!"

"Riveting. But that would be time, everyone. Time to present the dealer's arrangement." Kaede would turn over Rita's cards, revealing this order: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Black, Purple and White.

"Switching two cards. What a fantastic strategy," he deadpanned. "Let us see how everyone fared against that remarkable move."

Ernesti: White, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black (4)

Alesha: Green, Red, Orange, Yellow, Black, Blue, Purple, White (5)

Radec: Black, White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple (2)

Shantae: Green, Red, Blue, Orange, White, Purple, Yellow, Black (0)

Gon: Red, Orange, Yellow, Purple, Blue, Green, White, Black (7)

Maria: Purple, Blue, Red, White, Yellow, Black, Green, Orange (1)

Hina: Orange, Green, Yellow, White, Black, Red, Blue, Purple (1)

Yamashiro: Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, White, Purple, Black (2)

Talon: Blue, Orange, Red, Green, Yellow, Purple, Black, White (2)

Yumeko: Red, White, Green, Blue, Black, Orange, Yellow, Purple (4)

Ritsuka: N/A (0)

Kaede glanced at Gon for a moment, unimpressed. "Great minds think alike," he muttered to himself, adjusting his glasses. Out loud, he said, "Prepare for Round Two."

@Yun Lee @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Verite @Mari @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Kaykay @dark @Midnight Maiden

-------------------

"I don't know a Jack, but I do know a Mary…she turned down a spot on the student council." Ririka frowned. "Why she would, I don't know. Kirari seems fond of her…"

She walked to the door and turned the knob, only to shake it instead. "I-It's locked!"

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife

"N-No! Kirari is...she's not that cruel. They aren't the ones who locked me in there. Actually...I don't know who did." She sighed. "I'm sorry...I said that wrong. When I said stored away, that meant I was kept here. In the volcano." Ririka looked around the room as well. "I don't know where this room is. All I remember before waking is being grabbed from behind and having something stuffed in my mouth...a-and hair. Blonde hair."

Risky Boots beamed and pumped her fists.

fx_cine_risky_pose_5.png

"Yes! I knew this was the volcano base!" she proclaimed, strolling up to the holding tube and stroking it, "Imagine what they've been doing with all the energy, if this cramped room alone is used to freeze people!" Risky chuckled, and turned to Ririka, "Were you cloned here too? Or did you just blindly believe Kirari when she told you you're a clone?" the pirate questioned from out of the blue, "Because she seems to be pretty darn convincing. OR, all the pinatas on this island are gullible meatheads," Risky shrugged, then snapped her fingers, "Ooh, or is that what they're doing with the energy? Making everyone susceptible to suggestion? How...subtle," she said with a stroke of her chin.

Something appeared to click through her shift in expression, though, after some thought.
"Hold on...you said you don't know why we're alive? Implying we should be dead?" Risky continued to question, while entirely disregarding Ririka's attempt to open the door. Didn't anyone hear it lock? "Why should we be dead, Ririka?"

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti @Afterlife

"She told me I was a clone the second I woke up. In a large test tube. And n-no, I would never say you should be dead!" Ririka was horrified at the words Risky put in her mouth. "I just...I don't know how they make you survive after the deaths, is all. M-Maybe it's that woman in red..."

Hiyorita

Rita sweated seeing that both Shantae and Ritsuka had no points. Oh god, what is they died? This wasn't like the loop where once the alarm rang that they went back to the start. Rita laid her next cards,thinking those exact thoughts.

@Yun Lee

Kaede looked at Ernesti, unimpressed. "You, for one thing. Everyone in this room, really. But I doubt any of you left would turn much of a profit."

Yumeko turned in her cards. "You know, I played this game with someone else. It's far more fun when not played by someone completely abhorrent!"

"Riveting. But that would be time, everyone. Time to present the dealer's arrangement." Kaede would turn over Rita's cards, revealing this order: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Black, Purple and White.

"Switching two cards. What a fantastic strategy," he deadpanned. "Let us see how everyone fared against that remarkable move."

Ernesti: White, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black (4)

Alesha: Green, Red, Orange, Yellow, Black, Blue, Purple, White (5)

Radec: Black, White, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Orange, Purple (2)

Shantae: Green, Red, Blue, Orange, White, Purple, Yellow, Black (0)

Gon: Red, Orange, Yellow, Purple, Blue, Green, White, Black (7)

Maria: Purple, Blue, Red, White, Yellow, Black, Green, Orange (1)

Hina: Orange, Green, Yellow, White, Black, Red, Blue, Purple (1)

Yamashiro: Red, Blue, Green, Orange, Yellow, White, Purple, Black (2)

Talon: Blue, Orange, Red, Green, Yellow, Purple, Black, White (2)

Yumeko: Red, White, Green, Blue, Black, Orange, Yellow, Purple (4)

Kaede glanced at Gon for a moment, unimpressed. "Great minds think alike," he muttered to himself, adjusting his glasses. Out loud, he said, "Prepare for Round Two."

-------------------

"I don't know a Jack, but I do know a Mary…she turned down a spot on the student council." Ririka frowned. "Why she would, I don't know. Kirari seems fond of her…"

She walked to the door and turned the knob, only to shake it instead. "I-It's locked!"

From his vantage point the Doctor would give Gon a round of applause. "Wonderful work Gon! Your talent to not think is absolutely exceptional! Keep it up and perhaps you will be he victor!"

@Verite

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
"She told me I was a clone the second I woke up. In a large test tube. And n-no, I would never say you should be dead!" Ririka was horrified at the words Risky put in her mouth. "I just...I don't know how they make you survive after the deaths, is all. M-Maybe it's that woman in red..."

Risky Boots folded her arms and narrowed her eyes. "What are you babbling about? I never died. None of us died," she bluntly stated in response.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Takumi @Afterlife

Kaede once again made sure Rita set up her cards. "Everyone, Round Two has now begun! Arrange your cards!"

(Round Two will end today at 6 pm PST!)

tumblr_mad87lCOhC1rgewoao1_500.gif

Round 2 of this little game... He stares over at the others and frowned, a scowl appearing on his face. He said nothing however. "..."

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore

From his vantage point the Doctor would give Gon a round of applause. "Wonderful work Gon! Your talent to not think is absolutely exceptional! Keep it up and perhaps you will be he victor!"

@Verite
tumblr_n9hfnq6nRG1ta07i8o1_500.gif

"Heheen! We'll see about that!" Gon exclaimed back with a toothy grin, giving a thumbs up in response to the Doctor.

While just about anyone else might have been offended by the implication that thinking wasn't their strong suit, the adventurous boy chose to see it as a virtue when he could; people around him, Killua especially, tended to overthink and complicate things all the time, and while thinking about things like what to do in a given situation was never a bad thing, Gon always found that he enjoyed going with his gut and instincts more, especially considering those specific instincts were keener than most other humans he'd met.

In any case, he wasn't oft one to lower his guard out of cockiness, but damn if the Doctor didn't have a point; his first submission was a lightning bolt of luck, and especially when piled on top of the advantage from his submitted blue coin, he was sure to at least manage to avoid losing this game too!

@Jeremi

-------------------

Risky Boots beamed and pumped her fists.

View attachment 146642

"Yes! I knew this was the volcano base!" she proclaimed, strolling up to the holding tube and stroking it, "Imagine what they've been doing with all the energy, if this cramped room alone is used to freeze people!" Risky chuckled, and turned to Ririka, "Were you cloned here too? Or did you just blindly believe Kirari when she told you you're a clone?" the pirate questioned from out of the blue, "Because she seems to be pretty darn convincing. OR, all the pinatas on this island are gullible meatheads," Risky shrugged, then snapped her fingers, "Ooh, or is that what they're doing with the energy? Making everyone susceptible to suggestion? How...subtle," she said with a stroke of her chin.

Something appeared to click through her shift in expression, though, after some thought.
"Hold on...you said you don't know why we're alive? Implying we should be dead?" Risky continued to question, while entirely disregarding Ririka's attempt to open the door. Didn't anyone hear it lock? "Why should we be dead, Ririka?"

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti @Afterlife

Risky Boots folded her arms and narrowed her eyes. "What are you babbling about? I never died. None of us died," she bluntly stated in response.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Takumi @Afterlife
NrH5LCt.png

"I see," Yusuke replied to what Ririka said before she would attempt to open the door to find that it was locked. "Blasted door," he mumbled, shaking his head. "Okay, this may be a hinderance, but we should remain vigilant regardless. Let us look around this room to see what else we may be able to find," he stated, before moving to look around the room for either another means of escape or something useful.

While looking, he replied to the conversation Risky and Ririka were having. "Perhaps we did die but were simply brought back to life? Regardless, our revival is quite a mystery, however, I feel it is one can find out little about for the moment. We should focus our energy on escaping this room for now." Continuing to look around, another thought did come to mind to ask Ririka about. "You say that you know Mary-san," he began, "Is there anything more you can tell us about her? Anything we might not already know?"

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​

Kaede once again made sure Rita set up her cards. "Everyone, Round Two has now begun! Arrange your cards!"

(Round Two will end today at 6 pm PST!)

latest

Yamashiro did not fare too well in the first round of this game. She shuffled her cards a little, and then resubmitted them to the dealer.

"Hopefully my fortune will change for the better, this time!"

Uu~ I believe this is good enough. ❞
Maria smiled with some form of confidence. Even if she only matched one color from the last round, she figured that she got the idea on what was up.

"I don't need luck to wi- wait, I actually do," Ernesti says as he lays his cards out. "If I don't do it for this round, I'll certainly do it for the next."

Hiyorita

Rita started to flip over her carsd. She hoped that there were people who guessed it right and perfectly. Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black and white. We're going back to the start.

@Yun Lee @Everyone

"Leave it to Runa to stick me with the most boring dealer...nevertheless, everyone, present your cards."

Ernesti: White, Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Black (5)

Radec: Purple, Blue, Green, Black, White, Orange, Red, Yellow (2)

Hina: Yellow, White, Orange, Red, Green, Blue, Black, Purple (2)

Gon: White, Black, Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red (7)

Maria: Red, White, Orange, Black, Yellow, Purple, Green, Blue (3)

Talon: Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Orange, Red, White, Black (2)

Yamashiro: White, Red, Black, Blue, Orange, Green, Yellow, Purple (2)

Yumeko: Green, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Red, White, Black, Purple (7)

Alesha: N/A (5)

Shantae: N/A (0)

The panels under Shantae and Ritsuka turned red. Kaede smirked.
62968.jpg

"You two better step it up...or else this will be your swan song. Ready for the final round, everyone."

------------------

"I have Kirari's memories," Ririka explained to Risky. "I know you're all supposed to d-die, and you being here means you did."

Yusuke would find no exits, save for the door. "M-Mary used to be a housepet, but won her way out. I think Yumeko helped her, but she remained one herself. Kirari offered her a place in the student council, b-but...Mary refused."

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife​

"Leave it to Runa to stick me with the most boring dealer...nevertheless, everyone, present your cards."

Ernesti: White, Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red, Black (5)

Radec: Purple, Blue, Green, Black, White, Orange, Red, Yellow (2)

Hina: Yellow, White, Orange, Red, Green, Blue, Black, Purple (2)

Gon: White, Black, Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red (7)

Maria: Red, White, Orange, Black, Yellow, Purple, Green, Blue (3)

Talon: Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Orange, Red, White, Black (2)

Yamashiro: White, Red, Black, Blue, Orange, Green, Yellow, Purple (2)

Yumeko: Green, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Red, White, Black, Purple (7)

Alesha: N/A (5)

Shantae: N/A (0)

The panels under Shantae and Ritsuka turned red. Kaede smirked.
62968.jpg

"You two better step it up...or else this will be your swan song. Ready for the final round, everyone."

------------------

"I have Kirari's memories," Ririka explained to Risky. "I know you're all supposed to d-die, and you being here means you did."

Yusuke would find no exits, save for the door. "M-Mary used to be a housepet, but won her way out. I think Yumeko helped her, but she remained one herself. Kirari offered her a place in the student council, b-but...Mary refused."

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife​

In response to Risky's claim that they weren't dead the god shrugged.

tumblr_inline_ocfp894kBe1r3leyb_100.png

"Last I checked I was shot through the stomach and bled out, there's something missing or just something we might never find out on how or why we ended up here after death, but the scientist what'shisname mentioned a simulation room earlier, what we were supposed to go through to keep us from dying upon entering the base I believe he said." he stated.

They were stuck, but Yato had a plan in case Krieger came back with the tranquilizers.

"Housepet? It'd make some sense as to why Mary turned it down if it's as bad as it sounds." Yato added towards Ririka. Pushing himself off the door the god stretched and sighed. All they could do now was wait.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife