Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

LastingOrganicAsianwaterbuffalo-max-1mb.gif

Bowser Jr, who was still pretty angry, only glared up at Yusuke when he called him a hoolagan.

"Shutup! You don't tell me what to do! You're just a boring old person who smells like farts!!!" He screamed before stomping down on Yusuke's foot as hard as he could.

...which wasn't that hard because of his size, but it still probably hurt a little.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Yun Lee @York @Mason Moretti @Afterlife

tumblr_ofo28tMBDI1vj7siio9_250.png

"Hey, calm down." Yato spoke, placing his hands on his hips.

"No use getting all worked up." he grumbled towards the little Koopa. Really, he would rather deal with Bishamon than this kid.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife

"Finally, something gets switched up." Before announcing the results, however, Kaede pressed a button on the table. Flames flew up from the red panels, engulfing both Shantae and Ritsuka in a fiery blaze. Unable to escape, everyone had to watch the two girls burn, the fires only subsiding once they were ash.

"Y-You...that..." Mary had no words for the horrific display.

"I have no sympathy for losers. Try to sneak your way through without bothering to risk anything...I'd watch them burn all over again. Now...reveal your cards."

There was no other choice but to do so.

Yumeko: White, Black, Purple, Blue, Green, Yellow, Orange, Red (7)

Ernesti: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black, White (5)

Alesha: Green, Blue, Purple, Yellow, Orange, Red, White, Black (8)

Hina: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Black, White (2)

Radec: Orange, Red, Yellow, Black, White, Purple, Blue, Green (2)

Gon: Orange, Green, Purple, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, Black (7)

Yamashiro: Red, White, Black, Blue, Orange, Green, Yellow, Purple (2)

Talon: Black, White, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple (5)

Maria: N/A (3)

"The final score has Alesha as the winner, and Hina, Radec, and Yamashiro as the losers. If it were up to me, I would kill all three of you. However...we need ten people for the final game. So..." Kaede adjusted his glasses.
kake104.jpg

"I will let President Kirari decide."

From the entrance, the Vice President emerged.
ririka-momobami-125116.jpg

"Kirari shall be here shortly. We shall see what she has to say then."

"In that case...prepare to say your final goodbyes, everyone. Who knows who will die?"

@Yun Lee @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Verite @Mari @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Kaykay @dark @Midnight Maiden

-------------------

Ritsuka and Shantae would find themselves inside a cryogenic room.

"Wot? A gun? Why, that's quite rude, ain't it? Come on now, kids. We have some business to attend to."

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Mason Moretti@Afterlife​

"Finally, something gets switched up." Before announcing the results, however, Kaede pressed a button on the table. Flames flew up from the red panels, engulfing both Shantae and Ritsuka in a fiery blaze. Unable to escape, everyone had to watch the two girls burn, the fires only subsiding once they were ash.

"I have no sympathy for losers. Try to sneak your way through without bothering to risk anything...I'd watch them burn all over again. Now...reveal your cards."

"The final score has Alesha as the winner, and Hina, Radec, and Yamashiro as the losers. If it were up to me, I would kill all three of you. However...we need ten people for the final game. So..." Kaede adjusted his glasses.
kake104.jpg

"In that case...prepare to say your final goodbyes, everyone. Who knows who will die?"

@Yun Lee @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Verite @Mari @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Kaykay @dark @Midnight Maiden

-------------------

"Wot? A gun? Why, that's quite rude, ain't it? Come on now, kids. We have some business to attend to."

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Mason Moretti@Afterlife​
tumblr_inline_nulypq07ae1typ8ok_100.png

❝ ... ❞ Maria could only watch as Shantae was burnt up, nothing was left to at least see her after the fact. Nothing. She got awfully close to Risky and Shantae, silently tagging along and working up a smile even when it got rough. She wasn't sure if she could keep that smile up anymore.

❝ Whenever that chance comes... I don't care if Beatrice told me to use my magic for good... I'll curse you all. Bad luck. Misfortune. Despair. So prepare this last game, but I won't forget my words. I'll be sure to live and remain to ensure my curse will continue to thrive to level out the dreadful acts here. I swear... I swear upon this day. ❞ In her heart, she felt like she should've gone, if she and Shantae couldn't move on together and alive. It should've been her. At least in a Witch's Game, no true harm was done, and everyone could celebrate in the end. None of that was here. There was no heart to this. Not at all. Maria never expected the work of a Witch to be this difficult, this hard for her to bear. Was this why Beatrice was so dodgy of letting Maria learn?

Glancing over at the three that were apparently on the chopping block, the young girl worked herself up to share a few words with them. ❝ I wish that there was more I could do... I really wish so, but... I'll find a way to make it right. Even if it takes thousands of years... but after the fact, I might as well try somehow. Try to make it through... and then try to use my power as the Witch of Origins to fix this... somehow. ❞ Despite the confident and firm stance Maria was taking on, she was willing herself to not cry. She may have been one of the younger individuals in this scenario, but she didn't want to cry. There wasn't all the time in the world to do so, not here.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
Hiyorita

" I'm sorry....."
Rita said, not knowing what else to say from these events. She had tried her hardest to make the combinations easy. One related to chemistry since she was the producer to the weatherman. One where she did everything back to the start, to repeat and show that she would do it all the same and finally once in order to make it so that the others could see it. She was silent, sitting there, hoping that this couldn't get any worse.

kake104.jpg

-------------------

24bab1e731722fa852da8b6b088a112e.jpg

"Whaddya mean shortly?!"
Bowser shouted as he stomped over to the Vice President. "You tell that Kirarai chick t'hurry up so I can give her a knuckle sammich!" Bowser shouted as he stood in front of her and slammed his fist against his palm.

"Hey guys. What did I miss?" Luigi asked as he made his way back to the group, having spent the entire time shuffling random cards.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mari @Crow @Peeps

tumblr_of3xbi_RMFy1uti1rro2_250.png

"Tch! Damn you...!"

Gon gritted his teeth at the sight of two more deaths as a result of the deadly game before them, and it seemed like they needed two more to die before the group could proceed, possibly to be chosen at Kirari's whim, one of whom... was Hina. The only other friend the young Hunter had made besides the Doctor. Not to undermine the value of the others on the line as well, but Gon valued little more in life than his friends. He didn't even care about his own skin, especially considering how many points he'd scored in just the first round, plus his advantage. He could only fall victim to the tense atmosphere just like everyone.

Certainly, if there was one thing to note, it was that Gon, just like any other young boy his age, was impressionable. Emotional. He wasn't above a child throwing a fit to get his way when things had become inconvenient. However, if there was anything that separated him from any other petulant child, it was his power. And if not his powers, his drive. His unbending, unshakable will that drove him everywhere he went.

Stepping forward, he pointed his finger at Kaede and the Vice President, the latter of whom seemed like one they could almost call an ally before, his narrowed eyes wiping away the formerly cheerful disposition he had kept up for most of the ordeal, as he spoke in a tone he had never taken before. Not in the game, and perhaps not even in his life.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Pray that your Kirari makes her move carefully then. Or there won't be anyone left for Maria to curse. No matter how long it takes, no matter how hard it is... If and when I get my powers back..."

It was a tone that no child had any business taking. A low, dead voice, devoid of the inherent joy and bounciness of youth. Here and now, the once cheerful Gon Freecss had emptied any jocular mien, and in the blink of an eye, replaced it all with an aura of complete dread.

He knew he wasn't exactly in a position to threaten anyone, considering how powerless he was at this moment, but he was beyond caring at this moment. The boy's emotion far outweighed his capacity for logic. There was nothing else in this world at this moment.

He had no more words. Gon was not as articulate as Maria, nor was he as somber as Rita. He was angry and tense, and he let everyone know it here and now.

He said all that he needed to say.

2b3904d8ee03e79eca683f3bef7eb8bc--hunter-manga-nerd-stuff.jpg

"..."

So he said no more.

He sat down on the ground with one knee up, resting an arm on it as he stared coldly at the puppet masters, waiting patiently for the results to come, with a cold, almost eerily calm exterior that did little to mask the boiling rage inside.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mari @thatguyinthestore @Everybody

tumblr_of3xbi_RMFy1uti1rro2_250.png

"Tch! Damn you...!"

Gon gritted his teeth at the sight of two more deaths as a result of the deadly game before them, and it seemed like they needed two more to die before the group could proceed, possibly to be chosen at Kirari's whim, one of whom... was Hina. The only other friend the young Hunter had made besides the Doctor. Not to undermine the value of the others on the line as well, but Gon valued little more in life than his friends. He didn't even care about his own skin, especially considering how many points he'd scored in just the first round, plus his advantage. He could only fall victim to the tense atmosphere just like everyone.

Certainly, if there was one thing to note, it was that Gon, just like any other young boy his age, was impressionable. Emotional. He wasn't above a child throwing a fit to get his way when things had become inconvenient. However, if there was anything that separated him from any other petulant child, it was his power. And if not his powers, his drive. His unbending, unshakable will that drove him everywhere he went.

Stepping forward, he pointed his finger at Kaede and the Vice President, the latter of whom seemed like one they could almost call an ally before, his narrowed eyes wiping away the formerly cheerful disposition he had kept up for most of the ordeal, as he spoke in a tone he had never taken before. Not in the game, and perhaps not even in his life.

maxresdefault.jpg

"Pray that your Kirari makes her move carefully then. Or there won't be anyone left for Maria to curse. No matter how long it takes, no matter how hard it is... If and when I get my powers back..."

It was a tone that no child had any business taking. A low, dead voice, devoid of the inherent joy and bounciness of youth. Here and now, the once cheerful Gon Freecss had emptied any jocular mien, and in the blink of an eye, replaced it all with an aura of complete dread.

He knew he wasn't exactly in a position to threaten anyone, considering how powerless he was at this moment, but he was beyond caring at this moment. The boy's emotion far outweighed his capacity for logic. There was nothing else in this world at this moment.

He had no more words. Gon was not as articulate as Maria, nor was he as somber as Rita. He was angry and tense, and he let everyone know it here and now.

He said all that he needed to say.

2b3904d8ee03e79eca683f3bef7eb8bc--hunter-manga-nerd-stuff.jpg

"..."

So he said no more.

He sat down on the ground with one knee up, resting an arm on it as he stared coldly at the puppet masters, waiting patiently for the results to come, with a cold, almost eerily calm exterior that did little to mask the boiling rage inside.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mari @thatguyinthestore @Everybody
Upon Gon's interjection, Bowser looked over to him and snarled down at the kid.

"Let's get somethin' straight here kid. Kirari's mine. You can take whoever you want. You can even have that stupid talkin' deer skull. But I'm gonna be th'one givin Kirari a one-way ticket t'pummelville. Not you or any'a you other losers." Bowser said to Gon in the same exact tone that he'd talk to anyone else here. In his opinion, Kirari not only took his volcano base, but she also took his son. The only heir to the koopa throne, in fact. So in his mind, Kirari was his kill and no one else's.

@Verite @Yun Lee @whoever

kake104.jpg

-------------------

The Doctor was not impressed by the blatant disregard for life that these humans were exhibiting. It was not as the Doctor was a pacifist or hadn't taken a life himself...but it was always with a heavy heart.

"So easy to cast away others, curious to see if you had been willing to set your own life on the line! Cowards all of you in this establishment! It's easy to toy with lives when yours aren't in the equation! Isn't that what real gambling is about? Hmm?"

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"You're welcome." Yato replied towards Ririka.

Though towards Yusuke, Yato was caught off guard at what he blurted out.

tumblr_inline_nzods1aaXV1r3leyb_100.png

"Ehhh?" he said, confused. He wasn't expecting this at all. Before he could ask what Yusuke meant there was a knock at the door, causing the god to turn towards the door, mentally preparing for whatever might come their way.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife

LastingOrganicAsianwaterbuffalo-max-1mb.gif

Bowser Jr, who was still pretty angry, only glared up at Yusuke when he called him a hoolagan.

"Shutup! You don't tell me what to do! You're just a boring old person who smells like farts!!!" He screamed before stomping down on Yusuke's foot as hard as he could.

...which wasn't that hard because of his size, but it still probably hurt a little.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Yun Lee @York @Mason Moretti @Afterlife

tumblr_ofo28tMBDI1vj7siio9_250.png

"Hey, calm down." Yato spoke, placing his hands on his hips.

"No use getting all worked up." he grumbled towards the little Koopa. Really, he would rather deal with Bishamon than this kid.

kake104.jpg

-------------------

When Yato would seem a bit surprised by his words, Yusuke wasn't sure what to say. "Is something the matter? I feel that if you were to lift up your shirt and show us where you were shot, maybe we could learn something about just how much your wounds were heal-- Ack! Why you little-- Dammit, you're worse than Futaba," Yusuke complained, cutting himself off mid-explanation when Bowser Jr. would stomp on his foot. "I ought to-- Huh?"

Yusuke stopped speaking, surprised when he would see the appearance of Shantae and Ritsuka in the room. "You two? You're both... dead now?" Shantae and Ritsuka, huh? While it was good to see more people he recognized, it was sad to know that more people had died. Dumbfounded for the moment, he was uncertain as to what he should say to them next. Instead, he replied to the voice who was persistent about communicating with them.

"Why should we trust you? Very few people in this place have given us reason to trust them. We've been through a lot, and even died for that matter. What sort of business are you even talking about?" the artist asked, quite weary of this person.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @York @Afterlife​

When Yato would seem a bit surprised by his words, Yusuke wasn't sure what to say. "Is something the matter? I feel that if you were to lift up your shirt and show us where you were shot, maybe we could learn something about just how much your wounds were heal-- Ack! Why you little-- Dammit, you're worse than Futaba," Yusuke complained, cutting himself off mid-explanation when Bowser Jr. would stomp on his foot. "I ought to-- Huh?"

Yusuke stopped speaking, surprised when he would see the appearance of Shantae and Ritsuka in the room. "You two? You're both... dead now?" Shantae and Ritsuka, huh? While it was good to see more people he recognized, it was sad to know that more people had died. Dumbfounded for the moment, he was uncertain as to what he should say to them next. Instead, he replied to the voice who was persistent about communicating with them.

"Why should we trust you? Very few people in this place have given us reason to trust them. We've been through a lot, and even died for that matter. What sort of business are you even talking about?" the artist asked, quite weary of this person.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @York @Afterlife​

When Yusuke put it that way, it made a lot more sense.

tumblr_inline_ocfp35DK8A1r3leyb_100.png

"Well, when you put it like that, it makes more sense." Yato replied, intending to check and see if there was any possibly healed bullet wound-or any wound at all. With Shantae and Ritsuka's arrivals the god's eyebrows furrowed.

kake104.jpg

-------------------

"Who are you?" Yato asked, tone growing tense. The accent was something he didn't recognize from any of the people they've bumped into while at the base.

Last edited:

kake104.jpg

-------------------

Yamashiro's strength and confidence went away for a few seconds, as she realized her fate was to be decided along with two others. Like Leyte Gulf, she fell short of reaching the final conflict, yet again... Yamashiro and others would meet death at the same time, similar to herself and her sister Fusou at Surigao Strait. She laughed a bit inside, as she also realized that the familiar unfortunate nature of Yamashiro also realized itself now.

Then, the familiar smile and aura of Yamashiro returned. Goodbyes... she could actually say them here, unlike the situation at Surigao. At least she would have this opportunity. Before the battleship would sink, she would address the rest of the "fleet":

"I have failed to reach the final battle, unfortunately for Yamashiro it is not the first time. My only regret is that I will not be able to help you win it. Please, stay on course and fire with trust in yourself and your team."

She then looked towards Ernesti, who was her closest companion here. She bowed to him, as she spoke to him for what she believed would be the last time:

"Please continue to fight on, for Zuiun and the seaplane. And, I also ask that you remember... Yamashiro."

Episode Six
"Lay it on the Line"

In a small room in a volcano base, two familiar faces were hard at work. Well...one was, at least.

"So, it's all up to the president now, huh…" I-No watched the television screen, having to bend forward to get a better look at the small appliance.

"I have to admit, I expected something a bit more…twisted for the finale. Four-eyes is probably the most fucked up of the bunch."

"Nah…settin' them girls on fire was his best bet. You don't top that." The man known as Leeds walked over to the wall of the building, too preoccupied to really care about what was going on. "Get away from that hunk a junk, I-No, we only got a little bit a time before the finale."

I-No walked to his side, glancing over her shoulder to watch a bit. "How do you think they'll respond to the whole thing?"

"Well, as these rich freaks would say…" Leeds grunted as he yanked a large part of the wall off, carrying it as if it was a painting. "S'all a fuckin' gamble. But between you an' me? They'll be pretty damn happy."

"They better be. I'm putting a lot of energy into this, you know. More than even you."

"Ain't my fault our powers are so fuckin' different! Tell ya what: after this, we go to Oregon. You can play with your favorite stress ball."

A smile formed on I-No's lips. "Oooh…that sounds fun. I need a little vacation honestly. Too much sun on this damned island…"

"No shit. I miss my little shithole back in Jersey. But with any luck, we'll be outta here soon. Just as long as everthing goes accordin' to plan."

"And it most certainly will." On the TV, the Vice President looked up at the camera and nodded. "Welp, that's my cue."

"Break a leg. Please do. I mean it. Least you could do for stickin' me with all this gruntwork."

"Hopefully I can break more than that," I-No replied with a wink. In just a minute, she was gone.

Leeds sighed, looking into the wall he moved away. "This better fuckin' work…" he muttered to himself.

---------------

"Only ten…but you said only one would lose!"

"I did. Unfortunately, I underestimated all of you. I assumed three people would be bad enough at this game to hit zero." As everyone would start unloading threats and curses, Kaede would only sneer. "Oh, spare me your complaints. The game is almost over, and then we can all go home and be done with it."

"You truly are a despicable-"

"Yes, yes, hurl all the insults you want my way. If that makes you feel better about losing some dear irreplaceable friend you've only known for a few days, then cope all you want. And have none of you ever stopped to think about who you're up against? The student council…we aren't gamblers like you."
tumblr_ow1pzqixmd1vzt1imo1_500.gif

"We're the casino itself."

"And the house always wins." The Vice President regarded Gon with not one shred of sympathy or friendship. "I believe it goes without saying that none of you actually murdered anyone-at least, not on this island. Nor did any of you commit any crimes. If you're all wondering just how we made the video possible, look at your dear friend Rita." From the Vice President's pocket came a trinket just like the ones Rita had. With the masked girl twisting the trinket just so, Rita would feel a dull pain over her entire body as she returned to her normal appearance. "And we have one last surprise for you. Mary?"
62960.jpg

"Of course." Mary walked to the Vice President's side.

Yumeko regarded Mary with bewilderment. "Mary…?"

"Ha! Don't you get it, Yumeko? People can't be brought back from the dead. You wasted that immunity of yours on an illusion."
PicsArt_09-05-11.24.37.jpg
"…………."

The Vice President turned to 'Mary'. "Go on, show them your true self. They can't do anything."

She nodded, twisting a trinket as well. Before long, a completely different person stood before them all.
322951.jpg

"But…why?" Yumeko tried to stand, but couldn't.

"If you really want to know, you'll have to survive this next game." The voice didn't come from the Vice President, but another, identical voice from the entrance. There stood…
izcbnjC_7XWxi1Aj50zVBU1TW-5MjWL8k8coTapYBKt0qC90GWiglHa3hzRcYc7_-Qa9B4AH1NJzWRGyZZMLXtBFwTfZhIqEknpTwDuP9g07YjxRUIEiLL4G7sRz0tACvRrafoA=s0

...another Vice President?

"Sorry to keep you all waiting," I-No said, walking in alongside her. "I hope we didn't miss anything good?"

"Not at all." The Vice President already there stepped forward. "In fact…I believe the best has been saved for last. Because, you see everyone…the Vice President who aided you, offered you immunities…" She took off her mssk, revealing her face to everyone.
tumblr_owlke4QFS41qztgoio1_540.gif

"It was really me all along."

"Kirari!"

"Sayaka, please braid my hair." Sayaka immediately began doing so, and Kirari smiled at everyone.

"Why…why are you doing this to us? Killing us off…isn't that boring?! A disgrace to gambling itself?!?!"
cbc0dede902049bac4c41fa15f79150e.jpg

"Why? Well…that's easy. I was bored. All this death, your despair…it was all set up just so I could enjoy myself. Don't tell me you were all hoping for a deeper reason! Because…there is none."
original.gif

"………………………"

"Now…I'm sure you all have many things you want to say or do to me for all I've done to you, but we are on a very short schedule. I ask all wait until after the final game." She glanced at the witch. "I-No, if you please."

"Finally, onto the climax! Oh, I can't stand this much longer!"
latest

Once again, I-No began to play her guitar, causing the ground to shake violently, the world swirling into a sea of neon colors. Each and every person in the room would find themselves losing consciousness in only a matter of seconds.

-----------------

When everyone awoke, they would find themselves on the ground, free of the desks. The only people there would be the twelve players still alive-I-No, Bowser, Luigi, and the rest of the student council would all be gone.
PicsArt_09-20-11.11.06.jpg
"Nngh…" Yumeko sat up, rubbing her head. "Why…where are we?"
PicsArt_10-04-04.18.46.jpg
Where you were was a circular building. There was a large pillar in the center, with a door. Around the outer walls were six doors, and on the ground were two trapdoors. All nine items had no knobs, or any way to open them, save for a keypad and screen, which appeared to be turned off for the time being. There was a small machine on a table, but other than that, there was no furniture anywhere in the room.

"Welcome, everyone, to your final game." Kirari's voice suddenly played from speakers in the room. "This is the Tower of Doors. I will explain how to play in just a moment, but first, use your remaining blue coins at that machine if you'd like to buy an advantage in this game. Alesha, for winning the last game, you will find an envelope with you. Gon, yours is with you, as well. Oh, and one more thing…Only one person can win this game. So think carefully about who you choose to ally with. That is all."

And just like that, you were all alone again.

Starring:

@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson (Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mari as Yamashiro (KanColle)
@Midnight Maiden as Hiyori Iki (Noragami)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@Khan of the Mardu as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)

In Memoriam

Nagihiko Fujisaki - IMPALED!

Starlow - TURNED TO DUST!

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Kars - CRUSHED IN A LANDSLIDE!

Ami Kawashima - SPINE SNAPPED IN HALF!

Toshinori Yagi - PUNCHED CLEAN THROUGH!

Peter Parker - CHOKED OUT!

Yato - SHOT IN THE GUT!

Risky Boots - LOST AT SEA!

Tony Stark - BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS!

Yusuke Kitagawa - POISONED!

Ritsuka Fujimura - BURNT TO A CRISP!

Shantae - BURNT TO A CRISP!

-------------

"Why, come out, and we can tell you!"

"H-Huh?" Ririka moved to the wall, on the floor, and pulled aside a loose part of the wall. "E-Everyone! We can get out through here! Hurry!" Without waiting, Ririka would begin crawling through. Whether or not you followed her was up to you.

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"H-Huh?" Ririka moved to the wall, on the floor, and pulled aside a loose part of the wall. "E-Everyone! We can get out through here! Hurry!" Without waiting, Ririka would begin crawling through. Whether or not you followed her was up to you.

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva

Starlow quickly flew the opening in the wall.

@Yun Lee
@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah@Minerva
#Mobile Post​

Episode Six
"Lay it on the Line"

In a small room in a volcano base, two familiar faces were hard at work. Well...one was, at least.

"So, it's all up to the president now, huh…" I-No watched the television screen, having to bend forward to get a better look at the small appliance.

"I have to admit, I expected something a bit more…twisted for the finale. Four-eyes is probably the most fucked up of the bunch."

"Nah…settin' them girls on fire was his best bet. You don't top that." The man known as Leeds walked over to the wall of the building, too preoccupied to really care about what was going on. "Get away from that hunk a junk, I-No, we only got a little bit a time before the finale."

I-No walked to his side, glancing over her shoulder to watch a bit. "How do you think they'll respond to the whole thing?"

"Well, as these rich freaks would say…" Leeds grunted as he yanked a large part of the wall off, carrying it as if it was a painting. "S'all a fuckin' gamble. But between you an' me? They'll be pretty damn happy."

"They better be. I'm putting a lot of energy into this, you know. More than even you."

"Ain't my fault our powers are so fuckin' different! Tell ya what: after this, we go to Oregon. You can play with your favorite stress ball."

A smile formed on I-No's lips. "Oooh…that sounds fun. I need a little vacation honestly. Too much sun on this damned island…"

"No shit. I miss my little shithole back in Jersey. But with any luck, we'll be outta here soon. Just as long as everthing goes accordin' to plan."

"And it most certainly will." On the TV, the Vice President looked up at the camera and nodded. "Welp, that's my cue."

"Break a leg. Please do. I mean it. Least you could do for stickin' me with all this gruntwork."

"Hopefully I can break more than that," I-No replied with a wink. In just a minute, she was gone.

Leeds sighed, looking into the wall he moved away. "This better fuckin' work…" he muttered to himself.

---------------

"I did. Unfortunately, I underestimated all of you. I assumed three people would be bad enough at this game to hit zero." As everyone would start unloading threats and curses, Kaede would only sneer. "Oh, spare me your complaints. The game is almost over, and then we can all go home and be done with it."

"Yes, yes, hurl all the insults you want my way. If that makes you feel better about losing some dear irreplaceable friend you've only known for a few days, then cope all you want. And have none of you ever stopped to think about who you're up against? The student council…we aren't gamblers like you."

"And the house always wins." The Vice President regarded Gon with not one shred of sympathy or friendship. "I believe it goes without saying that none of you actually murdered anyone-at least, not on this island. Nor did any of you commit any crimes. If you're all wondering just how we made the video possible, look at your dear friend Rita." From the Vice President's pocket came a trinket just like the ones Rita had. With the masked girl twisting the trinket just so, Rita would feel a dull pain over her entire body as she returned to her normal appearance. "And we have one last surprise for you. Mary?"
62960.jpg

"Ha! Don't you get it, Yumeko? People can't be brought back from the dead. You wasted that immunity of yours on an illusion."
View attachment 146802
"…………."

The Vice President turned to 'Mary'. "Go on, show them your true self. They can't do anything."

She nodded, twisting a trinket as well. Before long, a completely different person stood before them all.
322951.jpg

"If you really want to know, you'll have to survive this next game." The voice didn't come from the Vice President, but another, identical voice from the entrance. There stood…
izcbnjC_7XWxi1Aj50zVBU1TW-5MjWL8k8coTapYBKt0qC90GWiglHa3hzRcYc7_-Qa9B4AH1NJzWRGyZZMLXtBFwTfZhIqEknpTwDuP9g07YjxRUIEiLL4G7sRz0tACvRrafoA=s0

"Sorry to keep you all waiting," I-No said, walking in alongside her. "I hope we didn't miss anything good?"

"Not at all." The Vice President already there stepped forward. "In fact…I believe the best has been saved for last. Because, you see everyone…the Vice President who aided you, offered you immunities…" She took off her mssk, revealing her face to everyone.

"Kirari!"

"Sayaka, please braid my hair." Sayaka immediately began doing so, and Kirari smiled at everyone.

"Why…why are you doing this to us? Killing us off…isn't that boring?! A disgrace to gambling itself?!?!"

"Why? Well…that's easy. I was bored. All this death, your despair…it was all set up just so I could enjoy myself. Don't tell me you were all hoping for a deeper reason! Because…there is none."
original.gif

"………………………"

"Now…I'm sure you all have many things you want to say or do to me for all I've done to you, but we are on a very short schedule. I ask all wait until after the final game." She glanced at the witch. "I-No, if you please."

latest

Once again, I-No began to play her guitar, causing the ground to shake violently, the world swirling into a sea of neon colors. Each and every person in the room would find themselves losing consciousness in only a matter of seconds.

-----------------

When everyone awoke, they would find themselves on the ground, free of the desks. The only people there would be the twelve players still alive-I-No, Bowser, Luigi, and the rest of the student council would all be gone.
View attachment 146793
View attachment 146815
Where you were was a circular building. There was a large pillar in the center, with a door. Around the outer walls were six doors, and on the ground were two trapdoors. All nine items had no knobs, or any way to open them, save for a keypad and screen, which appeared to be turned off for the time being. There was a small machine on a table, but other than that, there was no furniture anywhere in the room.

"Welcome, everyone, to your final game." Kirari's voice suddenly played from speakers in the room. "This is the Tower of Doors. I will explain how to play in just a moment, but first, use your remaining blue coins at that machine if you'd like to buy an advantage in this game. Alesha, for winning the last game, you will find an envelope with you. Gon, yours is with you, as well. Oh, and one more thing…Only one person can win this game. So think carefully about who you choose to ally with. That is all."

Starring:

In Memoriam

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Yato - SHOT IN THE GUT!

-------------

Only one can win... huh? I don't have the thought of winning, but to get by... ❞
It was true. Maria didn't really want to win a game, especially when it wasn't that fun of a game to begin with. To be grateful of a win that came with the cost of other's deaths, she didn't like it. She wasn't sure what to expect, or the result of a person being singled out as the winner, but she wasn't going to be selfish. ❝ I think I can do fine alone... but I can lend a hand to whoever that needs it. This is coming from someone who has no intention of winning. ❞

"H-huh? What... happened?" Shantae asked as she slowly awoke in the room and opened her eyes. She had no idea where she was... though when Yusuke mentioned that she had died her eyes suddenly popped open.

pFD6.png

"D-dead?! But how? The last thing I remember is falling asleep and then..." Shantae paused for a second as her eyes finally fell on a certain pirate...

"Risky!!" She exclaimed as she ran over to the pirate and wrapped her arms around her, hugging her tightly. "You're okay!" Shantae exclaimed, the whole "death" thing not seeking to really effect her much anymore. All that mattered right now, in this moment, is that Risky was safe and sound, along with everyone else.

However, Shantae eventually broke the Hug and looked around the room.
"So... where are we? And when did that big turtle thing get so tiny?" She asked in regards to Bowser Jr, who was still throwing his tantrum.
Episode Six
"Lay it on the Line"

---------------

62960.jpg

View attachment 146802
"…………."

322951.jpg

"Kirari!"

original.gif

"………………………"

latest

-----------------

View attachment 146793

View attachment 146815

Starring:

In Memoriam

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Yato - SHOT IN THE GUT!

-------------

"Finally! Get out of my way dummies! I wanna be first!"​
Bowser Jr shouted as he shoved past everyone so he could escape first, even poor Starlow.​

Shantae of course followed suit, though she was still confused as to what was going on.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @Afterlife

Rita Hanson- Hope

Rita was silent, as she walked over to the machine to see how many of her coins she would have to put in. She was numb. This wasn't worse than watching someone you cared about dying in front of you and you being unable to stop it, but it was a pretty close second.

She didn't want to win.... but she also didn't want to die.

@Yun Lee

Episode Six
"Lay it on the Line"

---------------

62960.jpg

View attachment 146802
"…………."

322951.jpg

"Kirari!"

original.gif

"………………………"

latest

-----------------

View attachment 146793
View attachment 146815

Starring:

In Memoriam

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Yato - SHOT IN THE GUT!

-------------

Illusions, corruption, murder... All of these false realities and cruel acts, by these heinous animals calling themselves some sort of student council and casino... Alesha shook her head with a scowl, aware of the truth of it all. They weren't meant to escape this competition, not for these animals' amusement. They were playthings, toys to be destroyed as these children saw fit...

Sadly, these adolescent tyrants would soon learn how turn a war dog into a family pet to kick about.

"I will share the details of my envelope if you all wish, on a single condition. Whoever wins this game puts each of these hellions to the sword once free," With that said, she began to unseal the envelope as she walked to the machine, ready to buy an advantage as well once she had used her envelope.

"I will continue to fight..."

Ernesti said in a solemn manner.

When the deaths were revealed, Ernesti turned to Yamashiro.

"Alongside you. I believe that is what senpai would have wanted, and it is definitely what I want."

Ernesti turned to the Vice President, who unveiled her mask to reveal...

ic8j6OR.jpg

"... I knew you were lying when you said that we haven't met, Momobami Kirari!"

"I ran out of blue coins..." Ernesti sighs. "Yamashiro, you're going to have to buy yourself an advantage. This is the finale, after all. How many do you have, exactly?"

@Mari

"H-huh? What... happened?" Shantae asked as she slowly awoke in the room and opened her eyes. She had no idea where she was... though when Yusuke mentioned that she had died her eyes suddenly popped open.

pFD6.png

"D-dead?! But how? The last thing I remember is falling asleep and then..." Shantae paused for a second as her eyes finally fell on a certain pirate...

"Risky!!" She exclaimed as she ran over to the pirate and wrapped her arms around her, hugging her tightly. "You're okay!" Shantae exclaimed, the whole "death" thing not seeking to really effect her much anymore. All that mattered right now, in this moment, is that Risky was safe and sound, along with everyone else.

However, Shantae eventually broke the Hug and looked around the room.
"So... where are we? And when did that big turtle thing get so tiny?" She asked in regards to Bowser Jr, who was still throwing his tantrum.

"Finally! Get out of my way dummies! I wanna be first!"
Bowser Jr shouted as he shoved past everyone so he could escape first, even poor Starlow.

Shantae of course followed suit, though she was still confused as to what was going on.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @Afterlife

"That brat is Bowser's son, Bowser Jr." Yato explained bluntly, letting the others go before him before crawling through the opening.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Afterlife

Rita would find that the machine only required one blue coin.

Yumeko was silent, marely walking around the tower to get a better look at it. That, or to get her mind off the fact that Mary had been dead all along. Her face was more stoic than it had been this entire game.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @Crow @Kaykay @Jeremi @Verite @dark @Midnight Maiden @Otto @Gummi Bunnies

----------------

The passageway led into a small room, empty save for a small television and a box of notebooks.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Afterlife​