Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

"And the house always wins." The Vice President regarded Gon with not one shred of sympathy or friendship. "I believe it goes without saying that none of you actually murdered anyone-at least, not on this island. Nor did any of you commit any crimes. If you're all wondering just how we made the video possible, look at your dear friend Rita." From the Vice President's pocket came a trinket just like the ones Rita had. With the masked girl twisting the trinket just so, Rita would feel a dull pain over her entire body as she returned to her normal appearance. "And we have one last surprise for you. Mary?"

62960.jpg

"Of course." Mary walked to the Vice President's side.

Yumeko regarded Mary with bewilderment. "Mary…?"

"Ha! Don't you get it, Yumeko? People can't be brought back from the dead. You wasted that immunity of yours on an illusion."

View attachment 146802

"…………."

The Vice President turned to 'Mary'. "Go on, show them your true self. They can't do anything."

She nodded, twisting a trinket as well. Before long, a completely different person stood before them all.

322951.jpg

"But…why?" Yumeko tried to stand, but couldn't.

"If you really want to know, you'll have to survive this next game." The voice didn't come from the Vice President, but another, identical voice from the entrance. There stood…

izcbnjC_7XWxi1Aj50zVBU1TW-5MjWL8k8coTapYBKt0qC90GWiglHa3hzRcYc7_-Qa9B4AH1NJzWRGyZZMLXtBFwTfZhIqEknpTwDuP9g07YjxRUIEiLL4G7sRz0tACvRrafoA=s0

...another Vice President?

"Sorry to keep you all waiting," I-No said, walking in alongside her. "I hope we didn't miss anything good?"

"Not at all." The Vice President already there stepped forward. "In fact…I believe the best has been saved for last. Because, you see everyone…the Vice President who aided you, offered you immunities…" She took off her mssk, revealing her face to everyone.
tumblr_owlke4QFS41qztgoio1_540.gif

"It was really me all along."

"Kirari!"

"Sayaka, please braid my hair." Sayaka immediately began doing so, and Kirari smiled at everyone.

"Why…why are you doing this to us? Killing us off…isn't that boring?! A disgrace to gambling itself?!?!"

cbc0dede902049bac4c41fa15f79150e.jpg

"Why? Well…that's easy. I was bored. All this death, your despair…it was all set up just so I could enjoy myself. Don't tell me you were all hoping for a deeper reason! Because…there is none."

original.gif

"………………………"

"Now…I'm sure you all have many things you want to say or do to me for all I've done to you, but we are on a very short schedule. I ask all wait until after the final game." She glanced at the witch. "I-No, if you please."

"Finally, onto the climax! Oh, I can't stand this much longer!"

latest

Once again, I-No began to play her guitar, causing the ground to shake violently, the world swirling into a sea of neon colors. Each and every person in the room would find themselves losing consciousness in only a matter of seconds.​
tumblr_n5xhkn_Krk_O1rl6rm4o1_540.gif

"You... You lied to me? To us all? But... why?"

Gon's eyes went wide and empty as he stared blankly at the Vice President, tears beginning to stream down, barely able to register the revelation that he directly, along with some of the others, was impersonated by the island's very own council, all of whom had been leading them on all this time. It was akin to a feeling of betrayal, even though betrayal was perhaps something he should have expected. Indeed, just as Kirari said, Gon felt a surge of despair infect his emotions, his fists involuntarily clenching as he never felt more powerless than ever.

He felt resentment from the perceived betrayal, even if it was another point in of itself on whether anyone was ever on their side or not. It was not from any phony, perceived higher moral ground that set off Gon on the notion of the happenstance, but rather, that it happened to him, and such to a malicious degree, even though he had done nothing to them before at all. He gritted his teeth, swimming through a torrent of emotions; rage, sadness, everything that came with a broken trust. Perhaps it could be said that it was on the poor boy that he was so trusting, so naive, but that naivety came with a shaky foundation.

And so, he looked up at Kirari and the others who stood before him.

8c1c49c65127a33b39632b8b34039fe7ce621834_hq.gif

"I swear to you... If I ever meet you again, no matter what, no matter how... I'll... I'll--"

And that was all he could say, before I-No caused the ground to shake, and from there, everything was lost.​
When everyone awoke, they would find themselves on the ground, free of the desks. The only people there would be the twelve players still alive-I-No, Bowser, Luigi, and the rest of the student council would all be gone.

View attachment 146793

"Nngh…" Yumeko sat up, rubbing her head. "Why…where are we?"

View attachment 146815

Where you were was a circular building. There was a large pillar in the center, with a door. Around the outer walls were six doors, and on the ground were two trapdoors. All nine items had no knobs, or any way to open them, save for a keypad and screen, which appeared to be turned off for the time being. There was a small machine on a table, but other than that, there was no furniture anywhere in the room.

"Welcome, everyone, to your final game." Kirari's voice suddenly played from speakers in the room. "This is the Tower of Doors. I will explain how to play in just a moment, but first, use your remaining blue coins at that machine if you'd like to buy an advantage in this game. Alesha, for winning the last game, you will find an envelope with you. Gon, yours is with you, as well. Oh, and one more thing…Only one person can win this game. So think carefully about who you choose to ally with. That is all."

And just like that, you were all alone again.​
027.png

"..."

When the young Hunter awakened in the so-called Tower of Doors, he said nothing, listening intently to what Kirari had to say. He remembered the envelope he had earned before, and how it seemed to place him in a good standing. The question was, though... What was inside? It seemed that he was close to figuring that out. But he couldn't even dwell on that as the words rung in his ear; only one winner.

Gon narrowed his eyes and furrowed a brow, crossing his arms as he stared blankly at the ground. Like the other games, did this mean the "losers" would be killed off, leaving only one to traverse forward? That was unacceptable. The notion of losing Hina was bad enough, but the reality of losing both her and the Doctor? Gon's blood boiled at the thought, and he swore to himself that the moment he lost them, he'd make sure to pay back his enemy in full, if not twice over.

But for now, all he could do was wait, so he did. He waited for the next stage.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay

When Yusuke put it that way, it made a lot more sense.

tumblr_inline_ocfp35DK8A1r3leyb_100.png

"Well, when you put it like that, it makes more sense." Yato replied, intending to check and see if there was any possibly healed bullet wound-or any wound at all. With Shantae and Ritsuka's arrivals the god's eyebrows furrowed.

"Who are you?" Yato asked, tone growing tense. The accent was something he didn't recognize from any of the people they've bumped into while at the base.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife

-------------

"Why, come out, and we can tell you!"

"H-Huh?" Ririka moved to the wall, on the floor, and pulled aside a loose part of the wall. "E-Everyone! We can get out through here! Hurry!" Without waiting, Ririka would begin crawling through. Whether or not you followed her was up to you.

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva

Starlow quickly flew the opening in the wall.

@Yun Lee
@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah@Minerva
#Mobile Post​

"H-huh? What... happened?" Shantae asked as she slowly awoke in the room and opened her eyes. She had no idea where she was... though when Yusuke mentioned that she had died her eyes suddenly popped open.

pFD6.png

"D-dead?! But how? The last thing I remember is falling asleep and then..." Shantae paused for a second as her eyes finally fell on a certain pirate...

"Risky!!" She exclaimed as she ran over to the pirate and wrapped her arms around her, hugging her tightly. "You're okay!" Shantae exclaimed, the whole "death" thing not seeking to really effect her much anymore. All that mattered right now, in this moment, is that Risky was safe and sound, along with everyone else.

However, Shantae eventually broke the Hug and looked around the room.
"So... where are we? And when did that big turtle thing get so tiny?" She asked in regards to Bowser Jr, who was still throwing his tantrum.

"Finally! Get out of my way dummies! I wanna be first!"
Bowser Jr shouted as he shoved past everyone so he could escape first, even poor Starlow.

Shantae of course followed suit, though she was still confused as to what was going on.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @Afterlife

"That brat is Bowser's son, Bowser Jr." Yato explained bluntly, letting the others go before him before crawling through the opening.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Afterlife
Rita would find that the machine only required one blue coin.

Yumeko was silent, marely walking around the tower to get a better look at it. That, or to get her mind off the fact that Mary had been dead all along. Her face was more stoic than it had been this entire game.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @Crow @Kaykay @Jeremi @Verite @dark @Midnight Maiden @Otto @Gummi Bunnies

----------------

The passageway led into a small room, empty save for a small television and a box of notebooks.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Afterlife​
Yusuke wrinkled his nose when the voice would yet again attempt to goad them into opening the door. "I refuse," he mumbled before agreeing to go with the others down the passageway. "I wouldn't say we are 'okay' considering the fact that all of us died," Yusuke commented thoughtlessly while walking, expressing his thoughts over Shantae's reaction to seeing Risky again. The boy couldn't help it, but he absolutely had no filter when it came to things on his mind--and most of the time he was too naive to understand when he should or shouldn't say something.

aUIJrk6.png

When their group would make it into the next room, wouldn't you know it, Yusuke headed over to look through the box of notebooks. "Ah, a treasure if I've ever laid eyes upon one~" he stated cheerfully as he began to look through the box. Whether the notebooks contained blank paper or not, it was just nice to see any kind of paper in general.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @York @Afterlife​

Yumeko was silent, marely walking around the tower to get a better look at it. That, or to get her mind off the fact that Mary had been dead all along. Her face was more stoic than it had been this entire game.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @Crow @Kaykay @Jeremi @Verite @dark @Midnight Maiden @Otto @Gummi Bunnies

----------------

The passageway led into a small room, empty save for a small television and a box of notebooks.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Afterlife​
"That brat is Bowser's son, Bowser Jr." Yato explained bluntly, letting the others go before him before crawling through the opening.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Afterlife
"You mean there's two of them?" Shantae asked before letting out a sigh and continued down the passageway.

Once in the room, Shantae immediately began investigating the notebooks to see what those were all about.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Afterlife

"You mean there's two of them?" Shantae asked before letting out a sigh and continued down the passageway.

Once in the room, Shantae immediately began investigating the notebooks to see what those were all about.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Afterlife

"Yeah. Like father like son too--that kid bit me earlier, and even spit in my face." Yato complained.

"It was basically babysitter Hell." he grumbled, moving to investigate the TV.

"If only I were getting paid to suffer through watching this kid." Yato sighed.

----------------

Alesha paid the machine with her final blue coin, hoping the advantage was a good one, before opening up her envelope.

@Yun Lee

The notebooks are no ordinary notebooks. You find they have the names of everyone you met...however, a few seem to be missing. Each one is labeled, "Life Scedule."
PicsArt_10-04-08.39.31.jpg

The TV, once turned on, shows a live feed of everyone who is still alive. They seem to be in some sort of round building. The top right corner has the number 5.
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Takumi

"I will continue to fight..."

Ernesti said in a solemn manner.

When the deaths were revealed, Ernesti turned to Yamashiro.

"Alongside you. I believe that is what senpai would have wanted, and it is definitely what I want."

Ernesti turned to the Vice President, who unveiled her mask to reveal...

ic8j6OR.jpg

"... I knew you were lying when you said that we haven't met, Momobami Kirari!"

"I ran out of blue coins..." Ernesti sighs. "Yamashiro, you're going to have to buy yourself an advantage. This is the finale, after all. How many do you have, exactly?"

@Mari

Yamashiro was very surprised that she was still alive. She had fully expected to join the others on the... other side. In realizing she was still around, though, her resolve become stronger. Survival this time felt very much like a gift to Yamashiro. She realized she might actually reach the battle of Leyte Gulf in this conflict, after all... she smiled as she replied to Ernesti:

"Yes, let's try our best to win. We have come so far, we need to find a way to win!"

Her confidence and resolve returned, but Yamashiro could only shrug when Ernesti mentioned buying an advantage. She never won any of the currency the others somehow had:

"But, I do not have anything to buy an advantage with."

@Crow

"Yeah. Like father like son too--that kid bit me earlier, and even spit in my face." Yato complained.

"Eugh. I can only imagine how bad it's been." Shantae said with a bit of a scoff as she continued looking through the notepad.

The notebooks are no ordinary notebooks. You find they have the names of everyone you met...however, a few seem to be missing. Each one is labeled, "Life Scedule."
View attachment 146885

The TV, once turned on, shows a live feed of everyone who is still alive. They seem to be in some sort of round building. The top right corner has the number 5.

Shantae tried to see if she could find out who was missing by using good 'ole process of elmination.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @York @Afterlife​

View attachment 146885

Yato glanced at the group still alive, trying to find Hiyori in the smaller group.

Hiyori...please be careful!

tumblr_inline_nzoeyw5xDe1r3leyb_100.png

If she got hurt, he would make whoever dragged them into this pay, that much was certain. Whether he had his Regalia with him or not.

Yato tried to see if he could change the channel, and hopefully find something else useful

View attachment 146885

"Eugh. I can only imagine how bad it's been." Shantae said with a bit of a scoff as she continued looking through the notepad.

Shantae tried to see if she could find out who was missing by using good 'ole process of elmination.

Yato glanced at the group still alive, trying to find Hiyori in the smaller group.

Hiyori...please be careful!

tumblr_inline_nzoeyw5xDe1r3leyb_100.png

If she got hurt, he would make whoever dragged them into this pay, that much was certain. Whether he had his Regalia with him or not.

Yato tried to see if he could change the channel, and hopefully find something else useful

Lost in thought, Yusuke would quietly flip through the notebooks before his eyes would dart to the television feed Yato discovered. He wandered over to look at the TV, frowning as he looked at what he saw.

SdJMy8S.png

"Our... friends," he stated, surprised to see them. "That's-- is this really live?" he questioned, a frown forming on his lips. Suddenly, he felt a sinking feeling return to his stomach. It was the same feeling he experienced when he first learning learning he was going to die before. "Alesha... Hiyori-san... I hope they're all right," he added softly. "This isn't right. I should... be there with them... What use am I if I cannot aid my friends?" he asked nobody in particular.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @York @Afterlife​

Episode Six
"Lay it on the Line"

In a small room in a volcano base, two familiar faces were hard at work. Well...one was, at least.

"So, it's all up to the president now, huh…" I-No watched the television screen, having to bend forward to get a better look at the small appliance.

"I have to admit, I expected something a bit more…twisted for the finale. Four-eyes is probably the most fucked up of the bunch."

"Nah…settin' them girls on fire was his best bet. You don't top that." The man known as Leeds walked over to the wall of the building, too preoccupied to really care about what was going on. "Get away from that hunk a junk, I-No, we only got a little bit a time before the finale."

I-No walked to his side, glancing over her shoulder to watch a bit. "How do you think they'll respond to the whole thing?"

"Well, as these rich freaks would say…" Leeds grunted as he yanked a large part of the wall off, carrying it as if it was a painting. "S'all a fuckin' gamble. But between you an' me? They'll be pretty damn happy."

"They better be. I'm putting a lot of energy into this, you know. More than even you."

"Ain't my fault our powers are so fuckin' different! Tell ya what: after this, we go to Oregon. You can play with your favorite stress ball."

A smile formed on I-No's lips. "Oooh…that sounds fun. I need a little vacation honestly. Too much sun on this damned island…"

"No shit. I miss my little shithole back in Jersey. But with any luck, we'll be outta here soon. Just as long as everthing goes accordin' to plan."

"And it most certainly will." On the TV, the Vice President looked up at the camera and nodded. "Welp, that's my cue."

"Break a leg. Please do. I mean it. Least you could do for stickin' me with all this gruntwork."

"Hopefully I can break more than that," I-No replied with a wink. In just a minute, she was gone.

Leeds sighed, looking into the wall he moved away. "This better fuckin' work…" he muttered to himself.

---------------

"Only ten…but you said only one would lose!"

"I did. Unfortunately, I underestimated all of you. I assumed three people would be bad enough at this game to hit zero." As everyone would start unloading threats and curses, Kaede would only sneer. "Oh, spare me your complaints. The game is almost over, and then we can all go home and be done with it."

"You truly are a despicable-"

"Yes, yes, hurl all the insults you want my way. If that makes you feel better about losing some dear irreplaceable friend you've only known for a few days, then cope all you want. And have none of you ever stopped to think about who you're up against? The student council…we aren't gamblers like you."
tumblr_ow1pzqixmd1vzt1imo1_500.gif

"We're the casino itself."

"And the house always wins." The Vice President regarded Gon with not one shred of sympathy or friendship. "I believe it goes without saying that none of you actually murdered anyone-at least, not on this island. Nor did any of you commit any crimes. If you're all wondering just how we made the video possible, look at your dear friend Rita." From the Vice President's pocket came a trinket just like the ones Rita had. With the masked girl twisting the trinket just so, Rita would feel a dull pain over her entire body as she returned to her normal appearance. "And we have one last surprise for you. Mary?"
62960.jpg

"Of course." Mary walked to the Vice President's side.

Yumeko regarded Mary with bewilderment. "Mary…?"

"Ha! Don't you get it, Yumeko? People can't be brought back from the dead. You wasted that immunity of yours on an illusion."
View attachment 146802
"…………."

The Vice President turned to 'Mary'. "Go on, show them your true self. They can't do anything."

She nodded, twisting a trinket as well. Before long, a completely different person stood before them all.
322951.jpg

"But…why?" Yumeko tried to stand, but couldn't.

"If you really want to know, you'll have to survive this next game." The voice didn't come from the Vice President, but another, identical voice from the entrance. There stood…
izcbnjC_7XWxi1Aj50zVBU1TW-5MjWL8k8coTapYBKt0qC90GWiglHa3hzRcYc7_-Qa9B4AH1NJzWRGyZZMLXtBFwTfZhIqEknpTwDuP9g07YjxRUIEiLL4G7sRz0tACvRrafoA=s0

...another Vice President?

"Sorry to keep you all waiting," I-No said, walking in alongside her. "I hope we didn't miss anything good?"

"Not at all." The Vice President already there stepped forward. "In fact…I believe the best has been saved for last. Because, you see everyone…the Vice President who aided you, offered you immunities…" She took off her mssk, revealing her face to everyone.
tumblr_owlke4QFS41qztgoio1_540.gif

"It was really me all along."

"Kirari!"

"Sayaka, please braid my hair." Sayaka immediately began doing so, and Kirari smiled at everyone.

"Why…why are you doing this to us? Killing us off…isn't that boring?! A disgrace to gambling itself?!?!"
cbc0dede902049bac4c41fa15f79150e.jpg

"Why? Well…that's easy. I was bored. All this death, your despair…it was all set up just so I could enjoy myself. Don't tell me you were all hoping for a deeper reason! Because…there is none."
original.gif

"………………………"

"Now…I'm sure you all have many things you want to say or do to me for all I've done to you, but we are on a very short schedule. I ask all wait until after the final game." She glanced at the witch. "I-No, if you please."

"Finally, onto the climax! Oh, I can't stand this much longer!"
latest

Once again, I-No began to play her guitar, causing the ground to shake violently, the world swirling into a sea of neon colors. Each and every person in the room would find themselves losing consciousness in only a matter of seconds.

-----------------

When everyone awoke, they would find themselves on the ground, free of the desks. The only people there would be the twelve players still alive-I-No, Bowser, Luigi, and the rest of the student council would all be gone.
View attachment 146793
"Nngh…" Yumeko sat up, rubbing her head. "Why…where are we?"
View attachment 146815
Where you were was a circular building. There was a large pillar in the center, with a door. Around the outer walls were six doors, and on the ground were two trapdoors. All nine items had no knobs, or any way to open them, save for a keypad and screen, which appeared to be turned off for the time being. There was a small machine on a table, but other than that, there was no furniture anywhere in the room.

"Welcome, everyone, to your final game." Kirari's voice suddenly played from speakers in the room. "This is the Tower of Doors. I will explain how to play in just a moment, but first, use your remaining blue coins at that machine if you'd like to buy an advantage in this game. Alesha, for winning the last game, you will find an envelope with you. Gon, yours is with you, as well. Oh, and one more thing…Only one person can win this game. So think carefully about who you choose to ally with. That is all."

And just like that, you were all alone again.

Starring:

@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson (Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mari as Yamashiro (KanColle)
@Midnight Maiden as Hiyori Iki (Noragami)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@Khan of the Mardu as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)

In Memoriam

Nagihiko Fujisaki - IMPALED!

Starlow - TURNED TO DUST!

Kusanagi - SLICED OPEN!

Kars - CRUSHED IN A LANDSLIDE!

Ami Kawashima - SPINE SNAPPED IN HALF!

Toshinori Yagi - PUNCHED CLEAN THROUGH!

Peter Parker - CHOKED OUT!

Yato - SHOT IN THE GUT!

Risky Boots - LOST AT SEA!

Tony Stark - BLOWN TO SMITHEREENS!

Yusuke Kitagawa - POISONED!

Ritsuka Fujimura - BURNT TO A CRISP!

Shantae - BURNT TO A CRISP!

-------------

"Why, come out, and we can tell you!"

"H-Huh?" Ririka moved to the wall, on the floor, and pulled aside a loose part of the wall. "E-Everyone! We can get out through here! Hurry!" Without waiting, Ririka would begin crawling through. Whether or not you followed her was up to you.

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @thatguyinthestore @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva

Hina didn't make any visible reaction, but actually being in danger of dying had made her heart skip a few beats. She considered herself good at games, but only when it was based on her skill. Trying to predict what someone she'd never really talked to would put down as cards was sheer luck. It wasn't like she'd expected to perform well, but unlike other times she'd been in danger she actually understood it. Death had been right in front of her, and she still didn't know how to react.

So she didn't.

Stuffing a hand in her pocket to pull out the blue coin she had left, she stuck it in the machine. Being a little slow on the uptake last time and not using the coin had almost gotten her killed. Though only one person could win this game, and she didn't really want to get all these other people killed, but she didn't want to die, but...

"What a shitty day."

Hina grumbled to herself before taking a stroll through the arena. There wasn't much to look at, but on the other hand there wasn't much to do in the first place. She stopped by Gon, who after his breakdown didn't seem to be doing so good. Hina couldn't quite get what had made Gon so emotional at Kirari's reveal since she hadn't put any kind of faith in her or most of the people here, but such was life. Cheering people up wasn't in her admittedly nonexistent repertoire of skills, but might as well try.

LeAgGb7.png

"Looks like I lucked out on skipping death, huh? And how you doin'?"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Verite

Hina didn't make any visible reaction, but actually being in danger of dying had made her heart skip a few beats. She considered herself good at games, but only when it was based on her skill. Trying to predict what someone she'd never really talked to would put down as cards was sheer luck. It wasn't like she'd expected to perform well, but unlike other times she'd been in danger she actually understood it. Death had been right in front of her, and she still didn't know how to react.

So she didn't.

Stuffing a hand in her pocket to pull out the blue coin she had left, she stuck it in the machine. Being a little slow on the uptake last time and not using the coin had almost gotten her killed. Though only one person could win this game, and she didn't really want to get all these other people killed, but she didn't want to die, but...

"What a shitty day."

Hina grumbled to herself before taking a stroll through the arena. There wasn't much to look at, but on the other hand there wasn't much to do in the first place. She stopped by Gon, who after his breakdown didn't seem to be doing so good. Hina couldn't quite get what had made Gon so emotional at Kirari's reveal since she hadn't put any kind of faith in her or most of the people here, but such was life. Cheering people up wasn't in her admittedly nonexistent repertoire of skills, but might as well try.

LeAgGb7.png

"Looks like I lucked out on skipping death, huh? And how you doin'?"
028.png

"Yeah... But for how long? If this next game only allows for one winner... Then that means that by the end of this all, only one of us will be left, right?" Gon questioned as Hina approached him, deep in thought. At least, as deep as he was able to be. His tone was calm and collected, evidently the passage of time managed to cool him off, but while the intense emotion was gone, the quiet anxiety and tension lingered, not just with him, but with everyone still remaining.

Even if he didn't have this mysterious envelope that most likely guaranteed him some sort of advantage in the coming game, Gon wondered how much he'd actually be worrying about his own mortality. He had broken through such limitations before, done things that many believed previously to be impossible. Perhaps it was precisely because he never thought of failure as a viable option that he managed to avoid it for this long, at least, long term failure. He turned all of his failures into successes, but he stood in pause, wondering if this was another hurdle he'd be able to overcome.

But either way, he'd have to. Or he'd die trying.

"I'm... I'm doing okay," he spoke. It was something of a fib, but it wasn't as though there was much that could be said concerning the situation. Still, the boy, at the very least, decided that he may as well get another word in.

"Hina-san... I don't know what's going to happen in the next few moments, but if I end up winning..." He clenched his fist, attempting to energize himself again.

031.png

"I'll make sure to get back at those bad guys for everything they've done, in double!" The young Hunter exclaimed, "For you, and for Doctor-san! I promise!" He said, before letting out a breath. Eventually, his lips curled into a smile. Not exactly an innocent, well-meaning and naive smile, not when he was in an eager mood, but a zealous, determined smile.

Sticking out his pinky finger, the boy looked at Hina. "Will you do the same if you're the one to win?"

@Kaykay

Alesha would receive another, identical envelope to the one she currently possessed.

@Khan of the Mardu

----------

The life schedules missing were...huh. Weird. You get a minor headache, but then realize everyone is accounted for after all. The missing ones must have been your imagination.

@thatguyinthestore

You realize as you flip through the pages that these all are as they say. Everything in your life has been scheduled. Who you marry, how many children you'll have...you even see that you've been scheduled to become a famous painter and open an art museum someday. Not just that, the schedule also tells when this all happens. In fact, Yusuke...you're set to be married in just one week!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

-------------------

There are five channels total. Each one is a different floor of the building, but only the fifth channel has people in it.

@Tamuki​

Yamashiro was very surprised that she was still alive. She had fully expected to join the others on the... other side. In realizing she was still around, though, her resolve become stronger. Survival this time felt very much like a gift to Yamashiro. She realized she might actually reach the battle of Leyte Gulf in this conflict, after all... she smiled as she replied to Ernesti:

"Yes, let's try our best to win. We have come so far, we need to find a way to win!"

Her confidence and resolve returned, but Yamashiro could only shrug when Ernesti mentioned buying an advantage. She never won any of the currency the others somehow had:

"But, I do not have anything to buy an advantage with."

@Crow

"What did happen to the blue coin you got at the Sunflower Garden?" Ernesti asks.

@Mari

Alesha would receive another, identical envelope to the one she currently possessed.

@Khan of the Mardu

----------

The life schedules missing were...huh. Weird. You get a minor headache, but then realize everyone is accounted for after all. The missing ones must have been your imagination.

@thatguyinthestore

You realize as you flip through the pages that these all are as they say. Everything in your life has been scheduled. Who you marry, how many children you'll have...you even see that you've been scheduled to become a famous painter and open an art museum someday. Not just that, the schedule also tells when this all happens. In fact, Yusuke...you're set to be married in just one week!

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

-------------------

There are five channels total. Each one is a different floor of the building, but only the fifth channel has people in it.

@Tamuki​
Alesha hummed for a moment, examining the paper from her first envelope and its writings. A hexagon with a one at each point, in addition to a circle at the center with a six... A strange message or hint to her, but perhaps the second envelope would help her understand it? Deciding to place her trust in it, she opened up the second envelope as well.​

@Khan of the Mardu

----------

@thatguyinthestore

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

-------------------

@Tamuki​

Keeping the channel on five after checking the rest, Yato decided to leave it on channel 5 in the meantime.

"Yusuke, I don't blame you for feeling that, I feel similarly." he responded a little solemnly.

"Anything useful in those journals?" he asked.

028.png

"Yeah... But for how long? If this next game only allows for one winner... Then that means that by the end of this all, only one of us will be left, right?" Gon questioned as Hina approached him, deep in thought. At least, as deep as he was able to be. His tone was calm and collected, evidently the passage of time managed to cool him off, but while the intense emotion was gone, the quiet anxiety and tension lingered, not just with him, but with everyone still remaining.

Even if he didn't have this mysterious envelope that most likely guaranteed him some sort of advantage in the coming game, Gon wondered how much he'd actually be worrying about his own mortality. He had broken through such limitations before, done things that many believed previously to be impossible. Perhaps it was precisely because he never thought of failure as a viable option that he managed to avoid it for this long, at least, long term failure. He turned all of his failures into successes, but he stood in pause, wondering if this was another hurdle he'd be able to overcome.

But either way, he'd have to. Or he'd die trying.

"I'm... I'm doing okay," he spoke. It was something of a fib, but it wasn't as though there was much that could be said concerning the situation. Still, the boy, at the very least, decided that he may as well get another word in.

"Hina-san... I don't know what's going to happen in the next few moments, but if I end up winning..." He clenched his fist, attempting to energize himself again.

031.png

"I'll make sure to get back at those bad guys for everything they've done, in double!" The young Hunter exclaimed, "For you, and for Doctor-san! I promise!" He said, before letting out a breath. Eventually, his lips curled into a smile. Not exactly an innocent, well-meaning and naive smile, not when he was in an eager mood, but a zealous, determined smile.

Sticking out his pinky finger, the boy looked at Hina. "Will you do the same if you're the one to win?"

@Kaykay

"Ah thank you for the kind sentiment!" The Doctor responded with a grin. "But let that be a hurdle when we get there, yes?" The final treacherous path was laid bare before them, and the Doctor wasn't ready to stumble and fall now. "Keep in mind if I win well..." He tapped his nose in a knowing way. "Say no more, yes?"

@Verite @Kaykay

"What did happen to the blue coin you got at the Sunflower Garden?" Ernesti asks.

@Mari

latest

Yamashiro brought her hands to try to search her half coat for a blue coin. She remembered how they were trying to solve the problem of the sunflowers and the turtles, and then found something that was a blue coin. She then showed it to Ernesti:

"Somehow I had forgotten about it. I guess we went through a lot, and I didn't realize I had the coin?"

She would then try to use it, as the others were.

@Crow @Yun Lee

Rita Hanson

Rita paid the machine both of her blue coins for an advantage despite only needing to spend one. She looked over at Alesha. " If those two envelopes have the same content, I would suggest giving one to someone who doesn't have it.Maybe one of our living children . I personally am givinf my second one to Ernesti." Once the machine dispensed the envelopes, Rita would walk over and hand one to Ernesti. "Thanks for having faith in me." She walked over to Maria. " Do you have any blue coins left?" She asked. If she said no, Rita was going to hand her the other envelope she had gotten. Even if she died, these kids deserved to live. She didn't even care that Maria had her special immunity still.

@Mari @Crow @Yun Lee @dark @Otto @Khan of the Mardu @Verite @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay