Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kaede couldn't help but give Rita a condescending sneer.
21819628_346588862456126_5524653283664199680_n.jpg

"Isn't that just pathetic? Your little plan completely failed. I'll show you mercy and let you keep those two coins, however. But I will need you to come here, to this table. And the rest of you, take a seat at one of those desks-save for Hiyori and The Doctor. Since no one could decide on a proper second, only Hiyori will be immune."

For the second time in a row, Hiyori received the glow. As everyone elsw would sit, a metal belt would wrap around their waists. The colors on the roulette wheel sections would light up, switching between red and green.

"Welcome, one and all, to the ESP Game. It's very simple, but will rely on how well you think you know a member of your group...that member being our very own Rita Hanson."

Paradise Game 5: The ESP Game

How to Play: @LuckycoolHawk9 will be the dealer for this game, and everyone else must guess the way the dealer arranges the cards. Basically, it's a prediction game where you want to match your card order to Lucky's.

The Cards: There are eight cards everyone has: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black and white. The dealer will secretly set up an order for all eight cards to go. In order to make things fair, Lucky will send my helper (in this case @Klutzy Ninja Kitty the order, and Kimmy will tell me that the order was made. As Yumeko is playing, I will not be told the order itself. Once I'm notified, I will make a post in the rp, and you have 9 hours after that post to pm me your order of cards. I will choose my order before I make the post and pm it to Kimmy. You may NOT at any time change your order once you send it in! All card placements are final.

Points: Once the 9 hours are up or everyone sends orders in, Lucky will reveal Rita's card order. From there, I will post how everyone ordered their cards. If you got a match, you get one point for each card that matches. If you failed to post in the time limit, you get 0.

How to Win/Lose: There are three rounds in all. Whoever has the highest number at the end wins, and earns an advantage next game. The lowest number loses, as well as anyone with 0 points. Since you have plenty of time for each round, participation in this game is mandatory if you want your character to live.

Advantage: Those who paid a blue coin get three points, one for each round.

-----------

"Sound simple? In that case...dealer, get your cards ready. Let us begin."

@Yun Lee @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Verite @Mari @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Kaykay @dark @Midnight Maiden

Riyorita

Rita would have to make a mental note to punch him later once she wasn't looking like Hiyori. She didn't care that much and went to the table and looked at the cards. Great, just great. Hopefully Shantae, Gon or Maria would know her well enough to know how she would put it together. After all, she was a producer to a weatherman, she could handle it.

@Yun Lee

"Oh, I should add..." Kaede adjusted his glasses. "Immunity now only costs two coins. And this will be the last game where you can buy or earn immunity, so spend away."

"..." Yumeko thought it over. "Okay then! I'll buy an advantage after all."

(Voting/shopping has now been extended to 12 pm pst!)

@Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Verite @Mari @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Kaykay @dark @Midnight Maiden

---------------

"Am I..." She looked around the room, then to the group. "...no. I am not." She got to her feet, a bit unsteadily. "I am...I am a clone of Kirari that Doctor Krieger was working on. My name is...Ririka."

@Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore

"So you're just some stupid clone? That's lame." Bowser Jr said with an eye roll.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @York @Afterlife
"Is that so?" Yusuke questioned, surprised by her words. He offered he a hand in case she needed help steadying herself. Suddenly, however, he found himself quite bothered by a thought that came into his head after mulling over her statement. "Could we... all be clones?" he questioned in a small voice. The thought bothered him greatly and he honestly hoped it wasn't true. But could it be true?

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife

"Is that so?" Yusuke questioned, surprised by her words. He offered he a hand in case she needed help steadying herself. Suddenly, however, he found himself quite bothered by a thought that came into his head after mulling over her statement. "Could we... all be clones?" he questioned in a small voice. The thought bothered him greatly and he honestly hoped it wasn't true. But could it be true?

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife

Risky Boots stood up straight again, quizzically eyeing the supposed clone down while scratching her head. Naturally, with the big climax looking nothing like what she had thought, the scheming pirate was quick to try and dissect the situation. "Don't be so hasty. If this "clone" is self-aware, why wouldn't we be, too? Though that does beg the question..." Risky turned to address Ririka, "How do you know you're a clone?" she questioned with a pointed tone.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife

"Isn't that just pathetic? Your little plan completely failed. I'll show you mercy and let you keep those two coins, however. But I will need you to come here, to this table. And the rest of you, take a seat at one of those desks-save for Hiyori and The Doctor. Since no one could decide on a proper second, only Hiyori will be immune."

For the second time in a row, Hiyori received the glow. As everyone elsw would sit, a metal belt would wrap around their waists. The colors on the roulette wheel sections would light up, switching between red and green.

"Welcome, one and all, to the ESP Game. It's very simple, but will rely on how well you think you know a member of your group...that member being our very own Rita Hanson."

How to Play: @LuckycoolHawk9 will be the dealer for this game, and everyone else must guess the way the dealer arranges the cards. Basically, it's a prediction game where you want to match your card order to Lucky's.

The Cards: There are eight cards everyone has: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, black and white. The dealer will secretly set up an order for all eight cards to go. In order to make things fair, Lucky will send my helper (in this case @Klutzy Ninja Kitty the order, and Kimmy will tell me that the order was made. As Yumeko is playing, I will not be told the order itself. Once I'm notified, I will make a post in the rp, and you have 9 hours after that post to pm me your order of cards. I will choose my order before I make the post and pm it to Kimmy. You may NOT at any time change your order once you send it in! All card placements are final.

Points: Once the 9 hours are up or everyone sends orders in, Lucky will reveal Rita's card order. From there, I will post how everyone ordered their cards. If you got a match, you get one point for each card that matches. If you failed to post in the time limit, you get 0.

How to Win/Lose: There are three rounds in all. Whoever has the highest number at the end wins, and earns an advantage next game. The lowest number loses, as well as anyone with 0 points. Since you have plenty of time for each round, participation in this game is mandatory if you want your character to live.

-----------

@Yun Lee @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Verite @Mari @Khan of the Mardu @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Otto @Kaykay @dark @Midnight Maiden

latest

Yamashiro listened carefully to the rules of this game with cards. It was a new game to her, but something in her mind told her that cards in general should not be all that strange to her. She arranged them carefully and then handed them to the dealer, taking care not to show them to others. Somehow she knew that was not within the rules of the game... even though she had friends, brothers and sisters in the battles here, she could only cheer for them in spirit.

"Here are my cards, Mr. Dealer."

-----------

"Hmmm... it's very likely to be a simple, obvious combination, but which simple, obvious combination is the question," Ernesti ponders as he sends his order.​

"Hmmm... it's very likely to be a simple, obvious combination, but which simple, obvious combination is the question," Ernesti ponders as he sends his order.​
Shantae%20Neutral_zpscmmbwsyg.png

"And where did you come up with that solution?"
Shantae deadpanned.

@Crow

Shantae%20Neutral_zpscmmbwsyg.png

"And where did you come up with that solution?"
Shantae deadpanned.

@Crow

r1ltfBe.jpg

"Hiyorita - I mean, Rita - is the dealer. All this time, she's been trying to preserve our group, and I don't think her thoughts on the matter have changed one bit. A lot of us here aren't too fond of changing our minds, or philosophies no matter what, it seems. Even though we haven't interacted much, I'm choosing to place my faith in her, even if it's just for this game," Ernesti says, "are you, Shantae? Do you believe in Rita?"

@thatguyinthestore

r1ltfBe.jpg

"Hiyorita - I mean, Rita - is the dealer. All this time, she's been trying to preserve our group, and I don't think her thoughts on the matter have changed one bit. A lot of us here aren't too fond of changing our minds, or philosophies no matter what, it seems. Even though we haven't interacted much, I'm choosing to place my faith in her, even if it's just for this game," Ernesti says, "are you, Shantae? Do you believe in Rita?"

@thatguyinthestore
"I mean... I don't really know her well, so I dunno." Shantae said. Before this... game happened, she was a pretty trusting person. But after they killed Risky, after they were proven and time again that they were wrong for putting their trust in people such as their own Captain?

She didn't know who she could trust anymore.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow

"...no, I don't think so. I-I don't know why you're all alive." Ririka looked down. "I know I'm a clone b-because...because Kirari told me so. 'I always wanted a twin,' she said. 'So I could switch places and no one would know.' B-But...my personality was too timid, so...they kept me stored away. I tried to be like her, but...my acting isn't good." She sniffed.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife​

"...no, I don't think so. I-I don't know why you're all alive." Ririka looked down. "I know I'm a clone b-because...because Kirari told me so. 'I always wanted a twin,' she said. 'So I could switch places and no one would know.' B-But...my personality was too timid, so...they kept me stored away. I tried to be like her, but...my acting isn't good." She sniffed.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife​
"Yeahyeahyeah! Can we get out of here now? It's so boring in here!" Bowser Jr said angrily.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @archmage jeremiah @Takumi @Afterlife​

-----------

latest

Radec eyed the belt as it strapped him in and frowned.

The Colonel eyed the cards as he tried to guess which cards to put in what order.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9

-----------

"Good lord, you're such a friggin dweeb. Makin' these losers play cards of all things t'live. S'what's next? Yer gonna make 'em do taxes? Or maybe do a science project? Yer such a loser." Bowser said with an eye roll. This guy was so lame. At least the other games were interesting and not a stupid guessing game.

Well, there was Mecha Bowser, but that had his face on it so it was okay in his book.

@Yun Lee

Risky Boots stood up straight again, quizzically eyeing the supposed clone down while scratching her head. Naturally, with the big climax looking nothing like what she had thought, the scheming pirate was quick to try and dissect the situation. "Don't be so hasty. If this "clone" is self-aware, why wouldn't we be, too? Though that does beg the question..." Risky turned to address Ririka, "How do you know you're a clone?" she questioned with a pointed tone.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Takumi @Afterlife

"Yeahyeahyeah! Can we get out of here now? It's so boring in here!" Bowser Jr said angrily.

@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @archmage jeremiah @Takumi @Afterlife​
tKgalge.png

"Quiet yourself, child. I feel it may be best if we hear out what Ririka-san has to say," Yusuke explained to Bowser Jr. before again turning to the clone girl. "That's a rather selfish reason to warrant the need of a clone, don't you think?" the boy questioned, wrinkling his nose in response to her words. "And keeping you here simply because of your timid nature? That's even more outlandish!"

The boy folded his arms across his chest, sounding rather frustrated. If there was one thing Yusuke hated, it was seeing others taken advantage of. He knew how it felt to be trapped and used by someone else. "They keep you stored away, you say? As if you're some possession or outdated toy? It's absolute malarkey to hear they would make you stay here. Clone or not, a human being deserves better than this..." The boy tilted his head thoughtfully. "Have you not ever attempted to leave this place? Wait-- What even is this place?" he asked, thoughtfully eyeing the room they stood in once more.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​

"I could buy and sell you, you know." Kaede didn't even bother to look at Bowser upon saying that.

@thatguyinthestore

----------------

"N-No! Kirari is...she's not that cruel. They aren't the ones who locked me in there. Actually...I don't know who did." She sighed. "I'm sorry...I said that wrong. When I said stored away, that meant I was kept here. In the volcano." Ririka looked around the room as well. "I don't know where this room is. All I remember before waking is being grabbed from behind and having something stuffed in my mouth...a-and hair. Blonde hair."

Without much fanfare, Alesha handed in her cards, having thought long and hard on it.

@Yun Lee

Bowser Jr would receive a silent glare from the god, done with his shit but remaining quiet. :-|

tKgalge.png

"Quiet yourself, child. I feel it may be best if we hear out what Ririka-san has to say," Yusuke explained to Bowser Jr. before again turning to the clone girl. "That's a rather selfish reason to warrant the need of a clone, don't you think?" the boy questioned, wrinkling his nose in response to her words. "And keeping you here simply because of your timid nature? That's even more outlandish!"

The boy folded his arms across his chest, sounding rather frustrated. If there was one thing Yusuke hated, it was seeing others taken advantage of. He knew how it felt to be trapped and used by someone else. "They keep you stored away, you say? As if you're some possession or outdated toy? It's absolute malarkey to hear they would make you stay here. Clone or not, a human being deserves better than this..." The boy tilted his head thoughtfully. "Have you not ever attempted to leave this place? Wait-- What even is this place?" he asked, thoughtfully eyeing the room they stood in once more.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​

"I could buy and sell you, you know." Kaede didn't even bother to look at Bowser upon saying that.

@thatguyinthestore

----------------

"N-No! Kirari is...she's not that cruel. They aren't the ones who locked me in there. Actually...I don't know who did." She sighed. "I'm sorry...I said that wrong. When I said stored away, that meant I was kept here. In the volcano." Ririka looked around the room as well. "I don't know where this room is. All I remember before waking is being grabbed from behind and having something stuffed in my mouth...a-and hair. Blonde hair."

"If it wasn't Kirari than it was probably someone else." Yato tried to think of the people who he's come across with blonde hair. Only Mary came to mind though. Hmm...

"We might be able to find out more in another room. So far the only blonde I can think of is either Mary...or Captain Jack." Yato spoke up.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife

@thatguyinthestore

----------------

Bowser Jr would receive a silent glare from the god, done with his shit but remaining quiet. :-|

"If it wasn't Kirari than it was probably someone else." Yato tried to think of the people who he's come across with blonde hair. Only Mary came to mind though. Hmm...

"We might be able to find out more in another room. So far the only blonde I can think of is either Mary...or Captain Jack." Yato spoke up.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife
Addnic4.png

Yusuke calmed when Ririka clarified her thoughts on Kirari. "So we really are at the volcano," the boy mumbled thoughtfully to himself before glancing between the others. "Indeed, I'm in agreement with Yato-sama; Mary-san and rude man come to mind when you mention a blonde individual... Still, I'm uncertain as to who your captor is. It could be a myriad of people, including someone we may not even know. Are you certain you remember nothing else about this individual? Such as, if they were male or female? Or anything they may have said?"

The artist unfolded his arms and thoughtfully placed a hand to this chin. It still seemed as if there was a lot they needed to figure out, but they didn't have the means to entirely do so yet. Nevertheless, in the mean time, Yato's suggestion of looking for another room was probably their best bet; so Yusuke nodded in agreement with the idea. "Yes, let us search for another room. The more we can learn about this place, the better. If there are no answers to be found, well, we can also keep an eye out for anything useful we can use such as weapons or... an escape."