Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

xGCEYSs.gif

"Realize how what sounds?" Yusuke innocently questioned Yato, tilting his head to the side. He glanced to Alesha afterwards, the same innocent expression on his face. "A human body posing for artistic purposes is a beautiful thing, is it not? I'd dare not look upon the flesh of another for my own pleasures--only for the sake of art. I don't expect anyone else to understand, nor do I feel the need to convince anyone of the truth in my heart. Anyone is free to believe what they will of me."

The boy paused for a moment, thinking over the situation. Luigi, Yato, and Alesha had all given him strange looks. That must've meant...

"...ah, I became too passionate, didn't I?" he questioned, finally catching on. "Forgive me. If such a thing ever happens when you are around me, I won't be insulted if you will call me on this behavior." Akira used to call him on it sometimes, and he was grateful. He wouldn't mind if any of his other friends did so as well.

@Takumi @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @Midnight Maiden

yTsYqXp.png

A small frown curved on the end of Yusuke's lips when he would hear that Luigi was leaving. "So you changed your mind about staying for the vacation then? I'm sad to hear it, but I wish you well." Still rather awkward when it came to hugging, Yusuke wasn't sure what to do when Luigi would open his arms for a group hug. He hesitantly moved closer to his friends if Luigi wanted to initiate it, but otherwise he wasn't sure how to make a move.

@thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu

Yato nodded as Yusuke made it more clear what his meaning had meant.

"Pfft, what's this whole thing about lovers?" came the small chuckle from the Sekki, which Yato glared at cause he definitely heard it.

"Revert." he said. In a flash of light standing next to the god was a boy, who didn't look pleased.

tumblr_inline_ocfrvuPjgf1r3leyb_100.png

"What kind of god summons their own Regalia without so much as explaining what the hell is going on?! You have any idea how worried I was when you guys weren't anywhere to be found you sweaty palmed good for nothing god?!" he roared, grabbing Yato by the collar and giving him a good shake, before stopping and glancing around at the others present and the Piantas.

tumblr_inline_ocfruzPmFS1r3leyb_100.png

"We're staying here for two weeks right? What even is this place? Hiyori, what did he rope you into?" Yukine muttered before Yato chuckled and threw an arm around his shoulder.

tumblr_inline_ocftvnd9So1r3leyb_100.png

"I'll explain later! Yusuke and Alesha, this is Yukine, my Regalia that became that sword I used against lizard face back there. Yukine, this is Yusuke and Alesha, who'll you'll likely get to know more about our two weeks here." Yato introduced.

@Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

"Pfft, what's this whole thing about lovers?" came the small chuckle from the Sekki, which Yato glared at cause he definitely heard it.

"Revert." he said. In a flash of light standing next to the god was a boy, who didn't look pleased.

"What kind of god summons their own Regalia without so much as explaining what the hell is going on?! You have any idea how worried I was when you guys weren't anywhere to be found you sweaty palmed good for nothing god?!" he roared, grabbing Yato by the collar and giving him a good shake, before stopping and glancing around at the others present and the Piantas.

"We're staying here for two weeks right? What even is this place? Hiyori, what did he rope you into?" Yukine muttered before Yato chuckled and threw an arm around his shoulder.

"I'll explain later! Yusuke and Alesha, this is Yukine, my Regalia that became that sword I used against lizard face back there. Yukine, this is Yusuke and Alesha, who'll you'll likely get to know more about our two weeks here." Yato introduced.

Well, that at least managed to pull her from her panicked flailing. It was one thing to see Yukki as Sekki, but to see him again, face to face after all that had transpired... Well, the boy found himself wrapped up in Hiyori's arms, the female clinging to him as she had to Yato not long ago.

No answer to his question came. All she did was hug him, clearly unwilling to let go. Nuzzling him fondly, she gently squeezed him in a display of warm affection.

"I'm glad you're okay, Yukine-kun," she murmured against him, breathing in the familiar scent of the Regalia. "Yato's right. We can explain later. For now, are you alright? Nothing happened while we were away, did it...?" she inquired, shifting to regard him with gentle hands on his shoulder at arms length, mannerisms reflecting that of a worried mother.

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"That didn't seem like just leaning," she grumbled, pouting faintly at Yato's blatant dismissal of her freakout, snuggling her arms around herself as though for comfort. "B-besides, you don't have to position yourself like that!" she squeaked in addition, still blushing furiously. But at least she had stopped her panic flailing, actually ceasing even her mild freakout when Yato stated she could borrow his jacket any time, her mouth in a small o shape and eyes wide as she gazed at him.

And promptly great embarrassed, laughing awkwardly and again rubbing her neck. "Ahh, thank you, Yato. But I really--" The words were lost, sliced through by the knives that were those of Yusuke's own. Her attention was pulled away by said words, and she listened intently, what she was saying beforehand forgotten.

Unlike most likely would be in the situation, Hiyori was not offended when Yusuke expressed he had seen better models. She was aware that she was average in appearance, or maybe just a tad above that, and that didn't bother her. No, she was perfectly calm as he went on, nodding slightly and smiling faintly as he expressed she would still make a fine model despite. "Ah, you really think so? I'm flattered you--"

And then he said how to make her look more photogenic.

tumblr_inline_nzohp9bmoq1r3leyb_100.png

"Wh-whaaaaaaa!?!?"

Suddenly she was completely red in the face, flailing her arms frantically with her tail wiggling about just as sporadically. "No way! Y-you can't be serious!!!" she squealed frantically. She didn't even catch the rest of the conversation; she was far too busy completely wigging out.

Well, that at least managed to pull her from her panicked flailing. It was one thing to see Yukki as Sekki, but to see him again, face to face after all that had transpired... Well, the boy found himself wrapped up in Hiyori's arms, the female clinging to him as she had to Yato not long ago.

No answer to his question came. All she did was hug him, clearly unwilling to let go. Nuzzling him fondly, she gently squeezed him in a display of warm affection.

"I'm glad you're okay, Yukine-kun," she murmured against him, breathing in the familiar scent of the Regalia. "Yato's right. We can explain later. For now, are you alright? Nothing happened while we were away, did it...?" she inquired, shifting to regard him with gentle hands on his shoulder at arms length, mannerisms reflecting that of a worried mother.

Yusuke raised an eyebrow when he would see Hiyori's panic over his suggestion. "Of course I was serious." He looked at her almost as if she were the strange one for freaking out over his idea. But in reality, his idea was the weird thing as usual. Casually suggesting friends take their clothes off for art was something Yusuke didn't always realize was inappropriate. Still, he realized a moment ago that he had become too passionate and was now trying to contain himself. "But, I suppose you can be drawn just as easily with all your clothes on," he said, his voice sounding somewhat disappointed. Poor Yusuke. Containing eccentric art related urges was just so damn hard for the boy.

nIAPf5a.png

Shaken from his disappointment when Yukine appeared, Yusuke flinched and took a step back. "Y-Your weapon is alive?!" he exclaimed, his mouth falling open. The boy appeared a bit surprised, but was honestly more impressed than anything. He made a box with his fingers yet again and began to look up and down at Yukine, clearly in awe. He moved closer, maybe a bit too close, to Yukine as he would peer through his box. "I've witnessed a persona which could transform into a motorcycle, but never a human who could turn into a weapon! You, good sir, are a wonder! Forget Hiyori-san, I'd much rather paint someone such as Yukine-san!"

So much for controlling his excitement. : |

@Midnight Maiden @Takumi @Khan of the Mardu

Yusuke raised an eyebrow when he would see Hiyori's panic over his suggestion. "Of course I was serious." He looked at her almost as if she were the strange one for freaking out over his idea. But in reality, his idea was the weird thing as usual. Casually suggesting friends take their clothes off for art was something Yusuke didn't always realize was inappropriate. Still, he realized a moment ago that he had become too passionate and was now trying to contain himself. "But, I suppose you can be drawn just as easily with all your clothes on," he said, his voice sounding somewhat disappointed. Poor Yusuke. Containing eccentric art related urges was just so damn hard for the boy.

nIAPf5a.png

Shaken from his disappointment when Yukine appeared, Yusuke flinched and took a step back. "Y-Your weapon is alive?!" he exclaimed, his mouth falling open. The boy appeared a bit surprised, but was honestly more impressed than anything. He made a box with his fingers yet again and began to look up and down at Yukine, clearly in awe. He moved closer, maybe a bit too close, to Yukine as he would peer through his box. "I've witnessed a persona which could transform into a motorcycle, but never a human who could turn into a weapon! You, good sir, are a wonder! Forget Hiyori-san, I'd much rather paint someone such as Yukine-san!"

"..."

Suddenly, Hiyori went on alert, throwing herself between Yusuke and Yukine pointedly with an expression that was a mix of horror and defensiveness and her arms outstretched, the look in her eyes signifying she would be willing to fight if it came to it. But for now...

protec_by_teh_zombish-dbqdtt4.gif

"YUKINE-KUN IS AN INNOCENT BOY! I WON'T ALLOW YOU TO DEFILE HIM BY STRIPPING HIM FOR YOUR 'ART' OR OTHERWISE, PERVERT!"

@Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu

"..."

Suddenly, Hiyori went on alert, throwing herself between Yusuke and Yukine pointedly with an expression that was a mix of horror and defensiveness and her arms outstretched, the look in her eyes signifying she would be willing to fight if it came to it. But for now...

"YUKINE-KUN IS AN INNOCENT BOY! I WON'T ALLOW YOU TO DEFILE HIM BY STRIPPING HIM FOR YOUR 'ART' OR OTHERWISE, PERVERT!"

So Yusuke completely ignored Hiyori's declaration of him being a pervert. Cause, let's face it, the boy had been called by so many names--pervert included--that he was used to such things.

"B-But Hiyori-san--!" Yusuke stuttered, trying to find the words to say. "He mustn't wear clothes! He simply cannot do so!"

Xpz22q3.png

"My desire to paint Yukine-san while in weapon form would be hindered if he were to be wearing clothes! Swords don't wear clothes..."

gdi, yusuke.

• Nice Execution!

nIAPf5a.png

"..."

So Yusuke completely ignored Hiyori's declaration of him being a pervert. Cause, let's face it, the boy had been called by so many names--pervert included--that he was used to such things.

"B-But Hiyori-san--!" Yusuke stuttered, trying to find the words to say. "He mustn't wear clothes! He simply cannot do so!"

Xpz22q3.png

"My desire to paint Yukine-san while in weapon form would be hindered if he were to be wearing clothes! Swords don't wear clothes..."

gdi, yusuke.

"I'd best not have just been replaced... no matter how fascinating the boy's transformation might be."

Alesha does not approve of this betrayal of their agreement for the purpose of portraying her greatness eternally in a painting.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Takumi

"Well, yes he's alive. You see, us gods take in lost souls, and give them a name so they can become our Regalia, they can become weapons and such to help us gods slay Ayakashi or grant wishes." Yato answered Yusuke's inquiry with a scratch of his head.

When Yukine would be hugged, the young man blinked, still somewhat confused.

tumblr_inline_ocfrp7f4OR1r3leyb_100.png

"I'm alright Hiyori, just a bit confused."

Then things went downhill quickly.

"..."

Xpz22q3.png

gdi, yusuke.

tumblr_inline_nzojxeUMCN1r3leyb_100.png

"W-wait...what?" he stuttered as this all unfolded.

"Well, technically, Regalia wear clothes during and after transforming, but you're pretty much right." Yato replied bluntly, only to get a glare from the blonde. This was going to be a very interesting two weeks.

Xpz22q3.png

gdi, yusuke.

"Well, yes he's alive. You see, us gods take in lost souls, and give them a name so they can become our Regalia, they can become weapons and such to help us gods slay Ayakashi or grant wishes." Yato answered Yusuke's inquiry with a scratch of his head.

"Well, technically, Regalia wear clothes during and after transforming, but you're pretty much right." Yato replied bluntly, only to get a glare from the blonde. This was going to be a very interesting two weeks.

tumblr_inline_nzohqeJE5u1r3leyb_100.png

Well, Yukine's response to her initial inquiry of whether he was alright at least earned a smile, Hiyori briefly distracted from her protec mode as she glanced over her shoulder to regard him warmly. "I'm glad to hear it. To be honest, I'm a bit confused, too--... H-huh?!?!?" And then the moment of warmth and relief was over, Hiyori's feats morphing into the epitome of horror as Yusuke went on in what was a horrible, horrible butchering of words. Immediately, the female flailed her arms as she regarded him, tail thrashing wildly all the while.

tumblr_inline_nzogyna6VL1r3leyb_100.png

"What is wrong with you!?!"
she shrieked. "You can't make him strip! I-I won't allow it!!! I-- ...Eh?" What was he saying about Yukine being in weapon form? Oh. Oh. Shoot, she had really messed up, hadn't she?? Growing only more agitated and flustered, she squirmed as Yato explained how Regalia were still clothed when they transformed, and she huffed as she reinforced his statement with hand balling into a fist in front of her. "Y-yeah! It isn't like he gets naked to transform," she stated. "Besides, w-why would you put it like that?!" she cried out, looking completely distraught as she turned to wrap her arms around the boy, cradling him closely to her. "Don't worry, Yukine-kun... I'll protect you!"

"I'd best not have just been replaced... no matter how fascinating the boy's transformation might be."

Alesha does not approve of this betrayal of their agreement for the purpose of portraying her greatness eternally in a painting.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Takumi

tumblr_inline_nzohqeJE5u1r3leyb_100.png

Well, Yukine's response to her initial inquiry of whether he was alright at least earned a smile, Hiyori briefly distracted from her protec mode as she glanced over her shoulder to regard him warmly. "I'm glad to hear it. To be honest, I'm a bit confused, too--... H-huh?!?!?" And then the moment of warmth and relief was over, Hiyori's feats morphing into the epitome of horror as Yusuke went on in what was a horrible, horrible butchering of words. Immediately, the female flailed her arms as she regarded him, tail thrashing wildly all the while.

tumblr_inline_nzogyna6VL1r3leyb_100.png

"What is wrong with you!?!"
she shrieked. "You can't make him strip! I-I won't allow it!!! I-- ...Eh?" What was he saying about Yukine being in weapon form? Oh. Oh. Shoot, she had really messed up, hadn't she?? Growing only more agitated and flustered, she squirmed as Yato explained how Regalia were still clothed when they transformed, and she huffed as she reinforced his statement with hand balling into a fist in front of her. "Y-yeah! It isn't like he gets naked to transform," she stated. "Besides, w-why would you put it like that?!" she cried out, looking completely distraught as she turned to wrap her arms around the boy, cradling him closely to her. "Don't worry, Yukine-kun... I'll protect you!"

fTDIoXi.png

"Replaced?" Yusuke questioned Alesha, somewhat confused. He placed a hand on his chin and tilted his head slightly. The boy's eyes would clearly glimmer with her importance to him. "But how could my most memorable model ever be replaced? Unless, that is, you wish for me to replace you. That would not only sadden me greatly, but also be a staggering loss for my art career."

Worried about getting replaced, huh Alesha? Me thinks the lady might be jealous. : |

"He doesn't have to get nude to transform, you say? If that is the case, where do his clothes go when he transforms? Do they fall onto the ground somewhere?"

Why was this conversation even happening? : |

Yusuke raised an eyebrow again when Hiyori would become protective over Yukine once more. What was she getting so worked up over? The artist just couldn't figure it out.

"If he's the sword, shouldn't he be the one protecting you? What an odd thing for you to say..."

As if Yusuke never said odd stuff himself. XD

@Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu

• Nice Execution!
"Uwah, amazing!" Gon gasped in amazement when the Doctor suddenly summoned his TARDIS out of nowhere, "So it's true what you said way back! You really are some sort of super powerful? Man, I hope I can become strong enough to conjure up something that big someday!" He said enthusiastically, before mimicking Hina when instructed to "meet" the TARDIS.

068.png

"Hi, TARDIS!"

He actually waited a small moment to see if it would respond, before clearing his throat.

tumblr_ofda3a_Fj_Id1sig265o1_250.png

"Anyway... I guess this is goodbye," Gon said, his voice traced with sentiment, "I dunno if we'll ever see each other again after this, since it seems we've all got our separate paths to keep going down, so if that's the case... I'm glad I had you two as friends all the way through!" He said with an innocent energy, for once befitting a child his age.

@Jeremi @Kaykay

The Doctor was grinning from ear to ear as he responded. "The pleasure, as they say, has been all mine! You are a magnificent youth, Gon, and I will be sad to leave you to your own devices! Something tells me however that you will survive just fine! Just fine indeed!"

The Doctor dug one final time through his pockets and handed over a Jelly Baby to Gon. "Safe journeys! Ta-ta!" With that the Doctor twirled his huge scarf around him and made his way towards the TARDIS.

tumblr_m2d8pvKBDe1rrdx1go1_400.gif

*vwoorp vwoorp*

With that the Doctor was off on new adventures!

@Verite @Kaykay

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Verite
"Sure we can, Maria. I might even bring my friends Sky and Bolin to join." Shantae said with a warm smile as she pat Maria on the head.

Eventually, Shantae just shrugged and looked around.
"But... I dunno. I think I'm gonna stay for the two weeks. Even half-genies need vacations, after all!" Shantae exclaimed before letting out a laugh.

@York @Gummi Bunnies

Approaching Shantae, Risky Boots busied herself with a smile. Tying on her bandanna, donning her bicorne, holstering her pistol, sheathing her sword, and delighting in the sound of her monies jingling in her hand while she shook them, the piratess appeared content for the moment. "I don't know whether I should feel proud to have figured this all out after my fit of amnesia..." Risky subsequently breathed an exhausted huff, and slouched in her stance, "or dissappointed in myself for allowing you to rope me into this mess in the first place," she groaned, addressing Shantae with her eyebrows practically digging into the bridge of her nose, "And now you want to stay here, on this backwater island of backwards buffoons, for two whole weeks?!"

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies @York

"Come on Risky!" Shantae exclaimed with a wide grin that stretched across her face as she jabbed the piratess in the shoulder with her elbow. "They're offering us a free two weeks of spas, five star hotels, a casino, and other stuff!" The half-genie said before smirking in Risky's direction.

"Besides.... you probably need a vacation from all your evil doing anyways."

@Archmage Jeremiah @York @Gummi Bunnies

Ami Kawashima
@Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies

Hearing Shantae's question, Ami couldn't help but wink a little in a playfull manner.

m9ka5Ew.png

"It's what I came here for!" She said mysteriously.

Well, in a way it was true; that was what she had initially thought she was on that plane for, so... It all worked out? Though hearing that Maria wasn't going to stay for the vacation, ontop of the fact that she could make candy and the like out of thin air, something that Ami had honestly forgotten, boggled her a little. However, spontaneous candy generation aside, something else seemed to catch her interest; Maria's mention of the meta world, and some sort of attempt to stop events like the one she had apparently been thrown into.

uAJHsfM.png

"Wait... There are more of these incidents?!" She exclaimed in surprise.

The very idea disturbed her a little actually, despite knowing deep down that well... Considering how many other worlds probably existed, besides the one that she came from, it only seemed logical that this wasn't the first time some sort of anomaly like this has happened...​

"Hohoho!~ We stopped one bad-tempered turtle and his hormonal henchmen and women," Risky Boots laughed, "Evil exists far beyond the ragtag band of failures we did away with. In fact, I don't think we've been properly introduced yet..." Grinning, Risky made a show of taking her hat off to Ami. "Risky Boots, Pirate Queen of the Seven Seas, Scourge of Sequin Land, and Pilferer of Precious Possessions,"

@York

Properly donning her bicorne again, Risky turned to Shantae, and met her smirk with a conflicted stare. "I've had two vacations now. Both times you dragged me along, and both times I nearly faced forced servitude. I'm the one who should be forcing servitude, not the other way around!" Risky sighed, "But I really need a hot bath right about now..."

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies

"Yeah, and I'm pretty sure that they have spas here too!" Shantae said in an attempt to reassure Risky that staying would be a good idea...

...only to discreetly turn to a Pianta and whisper moments later,
"You guys do have spas, right?"

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @York

Uu- Uu-! Tea party! Maria will plan it out and send invitations for it! Uu! ❞
Maria was rather overjoyed at the notion. She never really invited anyone to a tea party before, since she was always invited to one by Beatrice. The young girl could imagine a good number of people here being able to become good friends with Beatrice too! Just the thought of it made her so happy and excited for a simple gathering in the form of a tea party!

Also giggling a bit at Shantae and Risky's talk aside, Maria blinked once she heard Ami's realization on what her statement on the Metaworld implied, and the tone shifted to a more serious one.

❝ Sadly that's true. I don't know too much about these events, but ever since the Witch of Truth Erika and her Furniture Dlanor got involved in one, the Metaworld's been always finding itself involved in some way... even becoming a place for these terrible events along the way. But... we're working to figure out a way to stop it. Maybe my report about what happened here could help the efforts... ❞
Maria knew that she couldn't leave empty-handed when involved in a case like this, and it was better than nothing with what she could report on. Before she could say more, a single golden butterfly happened to find its way here... Did someone from the Metaworld finally find their way here? Especially after what happened here. Soon enough that golden butterfly broke apart and revealed itself to be...

latest

❝ Maria-chaaaan! I'm so glad you're okay! Uryuuu... ❞
A boy dressed in a lion costume cried out in relief, sniffling as he rushed over to hug the Witch of Origins. ❝ L-Lady Beatrice told me about where you went and what happened... and I... I got worried for you! I couldn't find my way here until now, and... and- ❞

❝ Sakutarou, it's fine. Your best friend's here, right? ❞
Maria reassured the boy, gently brushing her hand through his hair as if she were petting him. Her words resulted with a single nod from Sakutarou. Well, if he was here, that meant that the way back to the Metaworld should be clear enough to go through. Maria wasn't exactly the best at using her magic for teleportation, especially through different Fragments, but Sakutarou could cover that for her.

PzhHche.jpg

❝ Well, I guess we'll meet again, definitely in better terms. Sakutarou and I need to return and do some important Witch duties... Until next time! ❞
❝ Uuryuu... Goodbye Maria-chan's new friends, I can't wait to meet you at Maria-chan's tea party! ❞ Saying their parting words, Maria waved her staff back and forth, and soon she and Sakutarou were obscured with a cluster of golden butterflies. As these butterflies came and went, the two of them were nowhere to be found like a magic disappearance trick.

@thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @York

• Love
Reactions: thatguyinthestore
Gon Freecss - Epilogue: A x New x Adventure

The return home was a strange one.

After getting an earful from Killua over where he had been (and a strangely silent Biscuit, who didn't seem to give any clues about Gon's suspicions throughout when he was away), Gon tried his best to integrate the daily training back into his normal schedule. Even despite the self-training he tried to put in while he was at Isle Delfino, there was just a certain push missing without Biscuit's guidance, especially when working with other Hunters like Knuckle.

Perhaps it was the prospect of training with other people on his level, if not outright stronger than him as he was right now. Not to exactly knock against the others at the island, considering the power-sapping throne that had put them all at a disadvantage, but he doubted that there were many others there that would have been able to be much of a match for him. Even Bowser, the mastermind behind the incident, was comparable to Genthru, a foe he'd already beaten down before.

But alas, in its own right, the journey was like its own benchmark in training.

In some way, no matter how insignificant it might actually be, Gon did feel a bit... stronger. Perhaps, if not in his true power, then of character. He had become so used to being with Killua, and on occasion Kurapika and Leorio, among some others, that he had forgotten the wonder of making new friends. And the boy believed that, even if it was only by a small sliver, it made his character all the greater for it. He learned a little something about the deeper nature of others, their darker parts, and wondered if he was also capable of that such darkness.

Between Hisoka, Genthru, the Spiders... Yeah, there was a lot of darkness in this world. But on the other hand, there just had to be a lot of light too! Right? Gon wasn't one who was overly concerned with the deeper implications of morality, but naturally, he figured that if he had a choice, he'd certainly want to lean toward such light. Even if it was difficult, even if it was painful, he'd do his best to maintain that path.

Lest he risk losing everything.

And then, a thought popped into the boy's head. A thought that was almost beyond his realm of comprehension. Gon remembered how, when he'd gotten home, one of the first things he'd done was look up Isle Delfino in the computer, only to be rather puzzled when no such location came up, as though it didn't exist. It perplexed him to no end for a few days, but once he'd started thinking out of the box, it was then that the concept of "different worlds" or "different realities" came to light. Such a marvelous idea. To think of how big the world he lived in was... and to imagine that there were probably even bigger, greater worlds out there as well, existing together like different islands, separated by a treacherous threshold.

The thought only excited him more, thinking of the unexplored, the unknown that had yet to be discovered.

And as he looked out the window on one starry night, just like any other, he gave a smile, gazing at the moon as though it were the unattainable goal that he tirelessly worked toward.

38ecd3e715eaf72d5f0fe639aee060e7.gif

"After all this... I guess I should try looking for them. It's a brave world out there, and as a Hunter, I ought to explore it all!"

But for now, he was here. He had another path to go down first, before he could hit up another, fresh new road.

The boy could only hope he was prepared for what lay ahead in the path that currently awaited him.

Fin

• Love
Reactions: thatguyinthestore