Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

• WELCOME TO IWAKU, QUOTEV REFUGEES ◉◇◉
    A site made for roleplay is way cooler we promise <3
There were far too many to count, at least one hundred in there. For now, Rita would change into...
295d909bcb08fd46da7ce1971d6b5cf6--cosplay-characters-anime-characters.jpg

...Hiyori Iki.

Uh-oh...it seems that this one may be one you're stuck with for a while. After all, three is a magic number.

@LuckycoolHawk9

------------

"Oooh! Well, Pianta Village has a very deep, rich history. You see, that giant tree was where the ancient Piantas first lived, as they needed to get higher up so creatures wouldn't attack! Nowadays, we can live on the ground, and branch out to other parts of Isle Delfino! We also have our Fluff Festival coming up soon!"

"Um...nope, doesn't ring a bell. The only person I really know is-oh no..."

A blue and black cloud started forming around Axl. "Bloody hell! Looks like I've overstayed my welcome. Just hang in there, everyone! It'll all make sense eventually-I think!"

And just like that, he was gone. Not much left to do save for cleaning up the goop or talking to the locals, it seems.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @dark @Crow @Mari @Minerva @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu @Pianta Village​

There were far too many to count, at least one hundred in there. For now, Rita would change into...
295d909bcb08fd46da7ce1971d6b5cf6--cosplay-characters-anime-characters.jpg

...Hiyori Iki.

Uh-oh...it seems that this one may be one you're stuck with for a while. After all, three is a magic number.

@LuckycoolHawk9

------------

"Oooh! Well, Pianta Village has a very deep, rich history. You see, that giant tree was where the ancient Piantas first lived, as they needed to get higher up so creatures wouldn't attack! Nowadays, we can live on the ground, and branch out to other parts of Isle Delfino! We also have our Fluff Festival coming up soon!"

"Um...nope, doesn't ring a bell. The only person I really know is-oh no..."

A blue and black cloud started forming around Axl. "Bloody hell! Looks like I've overstayed my welcome. Just hang in there, everyone! It'll all make sense eventually-I think!"

And just like that, he was gone. Not much left to do save for cleaning up the goop or talking to the locals, it seems.

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @dark @Crow @Mari @Minerva @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu @Pianta Village​

"Sounds nice, what can we expect at this Fluff Festival you speak of?"

Rita Hanson as Hiyori

Welp, she noticed that this one seemed different. Goddamn it, why did she keep opening this thing over and over again? Ugh. She threw the scroll against the goop that she just opened, frustrated that she had screwed herself by opening these curiously. " Bloody hell... fuck, fuck." She sighed and sprayed the goop on the wall, still mad about this.

@Yun Lee @Hotel

"Doppelgangers? What?" It seemed Axl had no idea about that. "No, no...that was probably...mm, never mind. I'm sure they'll tell you eventually. And as for that dangerous thing you mentioned...I don't know. Once you finish the last game...maybe it'll be all right then. Like I said...I don't know much. And what I do know, well..." He spread his hands with an apologetic smile. "'Fraid that's classified, friends."

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @dark @Crow @Mari @Minerva @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu @Pianta Village

-----------------

The letters all appear to be thank-you notes from different places. They are very formal and very vague, all referring to sone sort of 'generous donation'. The only difference is that one letter in particular from a person named Helen gets rather technical, and uses the phrase "ultimate lifeform," but other than that, not much to see.

"...this hotel doesn't provide room service." As Gon called out their names, however, she paused a moment. "...I've heard enough." The door opened, and she let the three in. For some reason, the room was void of any furniture.

Locking the door, the vice president turned and bowed. She had put her mask back on. "Do forgive me. I needed to make sure you were all part of this." She seemed to relax, losing tension and urgency in her voice. "...this is the only room without any cameras."

@Jeremi @Verite @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Hotel Delfino​

5xlirl3.png

"How ominous!" The Doctor exclaimed. "Clandestine meetings in empty rooms with vice presidents! What will the people say? It's quite a scandalous affair really!" He went into his coat pocket to take out his bag of jelly babies again and offered one to the vp. "Have a jelly baby and tell us why we are hiding in a room with no cameras."

The Piantas giggled. "Oh, that's a secret!"

@Crow

----------

The trinket wouldn't break, but the goop would come right off. Looks like all there was to do was keep cleaning.

@LuckycoolHawk9

------------

The Vice President looked at the jelly baby, but put it in her pocket for now. "There is something that you all should know...something that has been worrying me immensely. The student council has been going missing. One by one, after running their game...they just vanish. Yuriko, Yumemi, Midari, and now Runa. I know this matters not, in the end, as our actions have been reprehensible, but...I fear there must be something going on that even we don't know about. There are only two games left, yes, but I fear that things may not end with the final death."

Yumeko raised an eyebrow. "In that case...what do we do?"

"The only thing I think can be done. After the last game...promise me you'll leave. Whatever is happening here...do not involve yourselves further."

@Jeremi @Verite

Rita Hanson as Hiyori

Rita/Hiyori sprayed any goop that she saw and started to do cleaning ala maid style. She occasionally tried to break the trinket while she was cleaning by throwing it against walls, scratching it on glass... etc, seeing how durable it was.

@Yun Lee

The suitcase would be filled with little trinkets,, all jumbled together.
View attachment 146502
Rita could find she could open them, if she so desired.

@LuckycoolHawk9

-------------

"I can't tell you, I'm afraid, because you never know who might be listening. I was only sent here to give you all a message, before one of you decides to lash out at one of the natives. I'm really just doing damage control here." Axl shrugged. "There's a reason you're all here, and a reason the natives of this island act the way they do. Do you honestly think they would be okay with all this death? Don't you remember how that demon terrified them when you first arrived?"

@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @dark @Crow @Mari @Minerva @Midnight Maiden @Khan of the Mardu @Pianta Village

---------------

The group would manage to evade Krieger by going into another room. It was freezing cold, and dark, save for a glow from the item inside.
latest

A cryogenic chamber sat before them all, and the silhouette of a person could be seen inside. It seemed that by pulling a lever, they could let out whoever was inside...if they wanted to risk it.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore@Afterlife​

It looked like luck was on their side, though Yato wasn't expecting this at all.

tumblr_inline_ocfp75qFXi1r3leyb_100.png

"This is like something from a horror movie." he muttered.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Afterlife

Starlow - Afterlife
@Takumi @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X

"This looks a little suspicious... But we don't have many options on what to do. Either we sit in here and wait, hoping nobody finds us, or we pull the lever and free whatever is inside. I can't pull the lever though... I don't exactly have hands."
fTDIoXi.png

Yusuke his left hand on his right shoulder and rolled his head back, quietly mulling over what they should do after arriving to this strange chamber. The chill of the room they were in was mildly uncomfortable, but he chose to ignore it for the time being. "Well then, what do you suppose we do? Should we take a gamble and open the chamber? Or simply wait and hide in here?" he questioned the others.

The artist was unsure what to suggest either way. When he had gone on adventures with his friends back home, Yusuke was more the type of person to follow the leader's orders instead suggesting the group make one move over another. But still, if nobody wanted to make the decision, there was another way they could decide. "We could vote amongst ourselves in order to make our choice," he offered.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​

"Sounds nice, what can we expect at this Fluff Festival you speak of?"

latest

Yamashiro had listened to all of the conversation earlier. Some of it made sense to her, while most of it did not. There was still a mystery over many things. Yamashiro actually was excited at the thought of a final battle or game, as long as there was adequate equipment in which to do so. She also took interest in the mention of a festival:

"Perhaps the festival is part of that 'final' objective the man mentioned earlier?"

fTDIoXi.png

Yusuke his left hand on his right shoulder and rolled his head back, quietly mulling over what they should do after arriving to this strange chamber. The chill of the room they were in was mildly uncomfortable, but he chose to ignore it for the time being. "Well then, what do you suppose we do? Should we take a gamble and open the chamber? Or simply wait and hide in here?" he questioned the others.

The artist was unsure what to suggest either way. When he had gone on adventures with his friends back home, Yusuke was more the type of person to follow the leader's orders instead suggesting the group make one move over another. But still, if nobody wanted to make the decision, there was another way they could decide. "We could vote amongst ourselves in order to make our choice," he offered.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​
"Woah! Cool!" Bowser Jr exclaimed upon seeing the chamber. As everyone stood around and talked about opening, the young tyke stomped his foot down and screamed.

"NONONONONONONO!!! You guys are my babysitters so I decide what we do!" He exclaimed as he pointed a thumb toward his own chest. He then stomped over to the chamber and pointed to the lever. "Now one of you idiots get over here and pull this lever right noooooooow!!!" He shouted. He would have just done it himself, but due to his small size he couldn't even reach the lever.

Poor thing.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife

"Woah! Cool!" Bowser Jr exclaimed upon seeing the chamber. As everyone stood around and talked about opening, the young tyke stomped his foot down and screamed.

"NONONONONONONO!!! You guys are my babysitters so I decide what we do!" He exclaimed as he pointed a thumb toward his own chest. He then stomped over to the chamber and pointed to the lever. "Now one of you idiots get over here and pull this lever right noooooooow!!!" He shouted. He would have just done it himself, but due to his small size he couldn't even reach the lever.

Poor thing.

@Takumi @Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife
EHiMBxa.png

"Excuse me? I was never aware we were supposed to babysit a child. Furthermore, if we are indeed your sitters, I believe that would make us the ones in charge and not you," Yusuke grumbled, furrowing his brows. "Now, will you please stay back from that lever until we all decide what to do together. This could be dangerous," the boy added.

EHiMBxa.png

"Excuse me? I was never aware we were supposed to babysit a child. Furthermore, if we are indeed your sitters, I believe that would make us the ones in charge and not you," Yusuke grumbled, furrowing his brows. "Now, will you please stay back from that lever until we all decide what to do together. This could be dangerous," the boy added.

"No no no!! You dummies are supposed to do what I say!!!" Bowser Jr shrieked as he stomped his foot even harder now, as if that would somehow get them to listen to him.

"Now pull that stupid lever right now!"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @York @Kentucky @Mason Moretti
@Afterlife

Reactions: Mason Moretti
fTDIoXi.png

Poor thing.

"You know, we might be found faster if you keep yelling. You have to be quiter." Yato scolded with a sigh. Oh well, at least he wasn't changing diapers...

"And as your babysitters, we have to keep you out of trouble and harms way." Yato countered, though glanced towards Yusuke and Starlow. Chances were, the young Koopa would have a tantrum which would lead to them getting caught again.

EHiMBxa.png

"No no no!! You dummies are supposed to do what I say!!!" Bowser Jr shrieked as he stomped his foot even harder now, as if that would somehow get them to listen to him.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @York @Kentucky @Mason Moretti
@Afterlife

Yato gave Bowser Jr. a deadpan look before kneeling until he was eye to eye with the young Koopa.

"You have no clue how babysitting actually works do you?" he asked.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife

The letters all appear to be thank-you notes from different places. They are very formal and very vague, all referring to sone sort of 'generous donation'. The only difference is that one letter in particular from a person named Helen gets rather technical, and uses the phrase "ultimate lifeform," but other than that, not much to see.

"...this hotel doesn't provide room service." As Gon called out their names, however, she paused a moment. "...I've heard enough." The door opened, and she let the three in. For some reason, the room was void of any furniture.

Locking the door, the vice president turned and bowed. She had put her mask back on. "Do forgive me. I needed to make sure you were all part of this." She seemed to relax, losing tension and urgency in her voice. "...this is the only room without any cameras."
The Vice President looked at the jelly baby, but put it in her pocket for now. "There is something that you all should know...something that has been worrying me immensely. The student council has been going missing. One by one, after running their game...they just vanish. Yuriko, Yumemi, Midari, and now Runa. I know this matters not, in the end, as our actions have been reprehensible, but...I fear there must be something going on that even we don't know about. There are only two games left, yes, but I fear that things may not end with the final death."

Yumeko raised an eyebrow. "In that case...what do we do?"

"The only thing I think can be done. After the last game...promise me you'll leave. Whatever is happening here...do not involve yourselves further."
117.png

"Eh? Cameras? But who's watching us? The guy behind all of this?!" Gon inquired curiously, clenching his fists eagerly at the thought that their every move was being monitored.

When the Vice President spoke further, advising them all to leave as soon as the games were over and they were presumably freed, the young Hunter shook his head. "No way! I don't know about the others, but I'm not gonna leave until I get to the bottom of whoever's pulling the strings behind all this! He's not gonna get away with all the deaths he caused! I didn't wanna be involved before, but at this point, if you ask me, I don't think I've got much of a choice now, and the only way to go from here is to see it to the end!"

"By the way... Vice President-san, do you know someone named Helen?" Gon suddenly asked, proceeding to change the subject rather abruptly for the moment as he produced the letters that he'd taken earlier, "I found these outside and they look pretty interesting, but I dunno what they're talking about though! Something about donations and... a super strong lifeform? Do you know anything about it?"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Kaykay @Hotel

"It figures Kirari would use some festival for her big finale," Mary sighed. "I bet whatever this last game is, it's gonna be huge."

@Mari @Crow

-------------

Rita would clean the room perfectly, but fail to break the trinket. It seems you're stuck looking like Hiyori for now.

@LuckycoolHawk9

The Vice President observed Gon quietly, and shook her head. "I know no Helen," she replied. "However...there was one among you known as the Ultimate Lifeform. He perished during the third game." She reached out her hand. "Perhaps I may see that letter?"

@Verite @Jeremi

--------------

"Oh children!" Krieger could be heard outside. "Come out, please! I have, uh, candy to give you! And none of it is toxic!"

You may wanna hurry.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah

Rita Hanson as Hiyori

Rita would sigh and do a quick scope of the room to make sure there was nothing left to do and place the trinket in her hand before closing the suitcase full of trinkets and dragging it to the next room where Hina was. She would start to clean it too, trying her best not to talk or acknowledge the transformation.

@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hotel

"It figures Kirari would use some festival for her big finale," Mary sighed. "I bet whatever this last game is, it's gonna be huge."

@Mari @Crow

-------------

Rita would clean the room perfectly, but fail to break the trinket. It seems you're stuck looking like Hiyori for now.

@LuckycoolHawk9

The Vice President observed Gon quietly, and shook her head. "I know no Helen," she replied. "However...there was one among you known as the Ultimate Lifeform. He perished during the third game." She reached out her hand. "Perhaps I may see that letter?"

@Verite @Jeremi

--------------

"Oh children!" Krieger could be heard outside. "Come out, please! I have, uh, candy to give you! And none of it is toxic!"

You may wanna hurry.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah

"Guys, we don't have much time to keep arguing. Looks like we'll have to pull the lever or try to make a run for it again." Yato warned, moving to block the door for the time being.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Mason Moretti @Archmage Jeremiah @Kentucky @York @Afterlife

@Afterlife

"You know, we might be found faster if you keep yelling. You have to be quiter." Yato scolded with a sigh. Oh well, at least he wasn't changing diapers...

"And as your babysitters, we have to keep you out of trouble and harms way." Yato countered, though glanced towards Yusuke and Starlow. Chances were, the young Koopa would have a tantrum which would lead to them getting caught again.

Yato gave Bowser Jr. a deadpan look before kneeling until he was eye to eye with the young Koopa.

@Mari @Crow

-------------

@LuckycoolHawk9

@Verite @Jeremi

--------------

You may wanna hurry.

Between the koopa yelling at them and Krieger calling out to them, Yusuke felt a bit overwhelmed. "Dammit," he mumbled, glancing between the door and Bowser Jr. "What should we do, everyone?" he questioned. "Should we--"

UJKqhbZ.png

"Wait, candy, you say? Nice try, but it will take more than candy to garner my attention," Yusuke replied.

"...but do you happen to have any blank paper? Or calamari, perhaps?"

Yusuke tilted his head, a lock of his dark hair falling in his face. He brushed the hair away before looking at Yato--who was now blocking the door.

"You think we should pull the lever then? ...what about the candy?" he asked innocently.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
"Hmm? Ah, sure," Gon nodded, handing the letters over to the Vice President with that, not seeing any harm in it.

Indeed, he remembered the man who called himself Kars from much earlier in the event, and how he carried a sort of aura to him as though he believed himself to be a highly powerful individual, and given that kind of physique, people weren't exactly in a position to doubt him, that much the boy could imagine. But indeed, as the Vice President said, he was already dead, so what was going on with that? The boy could only subtly wonder for now.

@Yun Lee @Jeremi

Yato's only response was Bowser Jr spitting in his perfect god like face.
Rita Hanson as Hiyori

Rita would sigh and do a quick scope of the room to make sure there was nothing left to do and place the trinket in her hand before closing the suitcase full of trinkets and dragging it to the next room where Hina was. She would start to clean it too, trying her best not to talk or acknowledge the transformation.

@Yun Lee @Kaykay @Hotel
"Guys, we don't have much time to keep arguing. Looks like we'll have to pull the lever or try to make a run for it again." Yato warned, moving to block the door for the time being.

Between the koopa yelling at them and Krieger calling out to them, Yusuke felt a bit overwhelmed. "Dammit," he mumbled, glancing between the door and Bowser Jr. "What should we do, everyone?" he questioned. "Should we--"

UJKqhbZ.png

"Wait, candy, you say? Nice try, but it will take more than candy to garner my attention," Yusuke replied.

"...but do you happen to have any blank paper? Or calamari, perhaps?"

Yusuke tilted his head, a lock of his dark hair falling in his face. He brushed the hair away before looking at Yato--who was now blocking the door.

"You think we should pull the lever then? ...what about the candy?" he asked innocently.

"You dummies are so dumb!! Pull the stupid lever! Maybe it can help us!!" Bowser Jr yelled. At first he wanted to see what it did, but now that weird scientist guy was hot on their tail, so this looked like the only viable option.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @Afterlife

Yato's only response was Bowser Jr spitting in his perfect god like face.

"You dummies are so dumb!! Pull the stupid lever! Maybe it can help us!!" Bowser Jr yelled. At first he wanted to see what it did, but now that weird scientist guy was hot on their tail, so this looked like the only viable option.

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Archmage Jeremiah @Mason Moretti @Afterlife
Yusuke gasped in shock when Bowser Jr. would spit in Yato's face.

Z6OYlIN.png

"How dare you spit in the face of the wondrous art god, you disrespectful fiend! Spitting in the face of the art god is like spitting on Da Vinci himself! Have you no dignity at all!? Have you no respect for the beauty that is art!?"

My god, would they ever pull the freaking lever at this rate? : |