Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
The Doctor was not impressed by Bowser's temper tantrum. "Instead of trying to burn us to a crisp, perhaps you can instead help at the task at hand? Or run through to flames, but situations would be beneficial to the group at large." Instead of going to the ones behind the wall of flame the Doctor opted to go and get the red coin at the tail end before plotting out his next course of action.​

@thatguyinthestore @Crow @SandBird
Bowser rolled his eyes when The Doctor suggested that he should help them, Bowser rolled his eyes.

"I ain't helpin' you with squat. You got them FLUDD things don't ya? Use them t'put out them fires if yer so worried about those stupid coins." Bowser said to him with a scoff.

Upon touching the first red coin, it seemed to disappear out of thin air. The two in the center, the two on the left and right wings, and the one on the head still remained.

@Jeremi @Crow @dark @SandBird

upload_2017-9-20_15-52-45.jpeg

Without hesitation or questions, Radec pulls out the fludd and turns on the water pump spraying out the flames.

The Helghan Colonel was already heading toward the center and collected the red coins in the center of the bird where the flames once were and headed toward the left wing.

@Jeremi @Crow @dark @thatguyinthestore @Sand Bird Group

Rita would find no source for the electricity.
View attachment 145758
"Maybe it's just naturally electric?" Yumeko sprayed a tiny bit with her FLUDD, and it cleaned right up with no problem. "As long as no one touches it, we should be okay!"

@Takumi @Midnight Maiden @LuckycoolHawk9 @Khan of the Mardu @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @SirenaBeach

------------

"What? You mean she's gone? But she died, clear as day-ugh, here!" Krieger pulled a lollipop out of his pocket. "If you leave me alone, I'll give you this. Deal?"

@Mason Moretti @thatguyinthestore @Afterlife​
Bowser Jr. fell silent for a second and stared at the lollipop, only to snatch it and shove it in his mouth seconds later.

"Well she just disappeared! And it's not fair, cause I still want my mac and cheese!" He yelled with the lollipop stuffed in his cheek as he looked up at Starlow and pointed at her. "You! Make me my mac and cheese! This stupid fartface would probably probably burn it!" The young Koopa shouted, clearly not taking "no" for an answer.

@Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @afterlife

View attachment 145764

Without hesitation or questions, Radec pulls out the fludd and turns on the water pump spraying out the flames.

The Helghan Colonel was already heading toward the center and collected the red coins in the center of the bird where the flames once were and headed toward the left wing.

@Jeremi @Crow @dark @thatguyinthestore @Sand Bird Group
Like when The Doctor collected the coin on the tail, the red coins in the center would disappear as soon as Radec touched them.

However, he would still have to put out the flames blocking the left wing before he could collect the coins over there.

@dark @Jeremi @Crow @SandBird​

Bowser rolled his eyes when The Doctor suggested that he should help them, Bowser rolled his eyes.

"I ain't helpin' you with squat. You got them FLUDD things don't ya? Use them t'put out them fires if yer so worried about those stupid coins." Bowser said to him with a scoff.

Upon touching the first red coin, it seemed to disappear out of thin air. The two in the center, the two on the left and right wings, and the one on the head still remained.

@Jeremi @Crow @dark @SandBird

"Ah, so you're only here to make things difficult on top of being an imbecile? Brilliant."
The Doctor deadpanned. "But I guess I better get ahead of the situation." He responded and went to the head of the bird and picked up the red coin there before turning his attention to the left wing and spraying the fire with water to smother the flames.​

@thatguyinthestore @Crow @dark @SandBird

057.png

"Geh!"

Gon grunted in exasperation as Bowser's tantrum alerted the sand bird, inadvertently making the task of collecting the shiny red coins that much more difficult. The Doctor was right; it looked like wherever they went, something would always be destined to make sure that nothing ever went as planned! And to be perfectly honest, that was just the way Gon liked it. Even if challenge had always presented itself haphazardly.

"Well, as they say, nothing gained, nothing ventured! ... Or, wait, was it the other way around?"

Whatever. Arming his FLUDD machine, the boy aimed it deftly at the right wing while the Doctor and Radec tended to the other areas, hoping to spray out the fire there and collect the red coins!

@thatguyinthestore @Crow @Jeremi @dark @SandBird

Last edited:
"Ah, so you're only here to make things difficult on top of being an imbecile? Brilliant." The Doctor deadpanned. "But I guess I better get ahead of the situation." He responded and went to the head of the bird and picked up the red coin there before turning his attention to the left wing and spraying the fire with water to smother the flames.​

057.png

"Geh!"

Gon grunted in exasperation as Bowser's tantrum alerted the sand bird, inadvertently making the task of collecting the shiny red coins that much more difficult. The Doctor was right; it looked like wherever they went, something would always be destined to make sure that nothing ever went as planned! And to be perfectly honest, that was just the way Gon liked it. Even if challenge had always presented itself haphazardly.

"Well, as they say, nothing gained, nothing ventured! ... Or, wait, was it the other way around?"

Whatever. Arming his FLUDD machine, the boy aimed it deftly at the right wing while the Doctor and Radec tended to the other areas, hoping to spray out the fire there and collect the red coins!

upload_2017-9-20_16-25-37.jpeg

Radec stopped before he reached the left wing, wanting for the doctor to spray the flames and watched.

The Colonel eyed the group between Bowser, Gol and the Doctor.

"What do these... red coins do?"

@Jeremi @Crow @dark @thatguyinthestore @Sand Bird group

"Who even fuckin' knows at this point. Far as I see it, all of you are bein' played like fiddles by these little rich kids and the Wicked Bitch of the West. You really think that the little memory game was the big talent show winner? Forget about it! I'm tellin' you: that game was rigged from the getgo. You saw how everyone in that audience fawned over Yumemi. Who's to say she didn't hint that she wanted them to vote for Yumeko? She wins, realizes her little friend may come back, I-No plays a little song, and ta-da! One reanimated corpse, good as new! I don't know about you, but that sounds a bit too conveniant, don't it? Besides, did you see how quickly Yumemi sent you all away? Had to kick you all out before you asked too many questions."

Before everyone was herded onto boats, Risky Boots breathed a sigh of relief to finally find another inquisitive mind.

fx_cine_risky_pose_1.png

"Finally, someone who gets it. Perchance, could I know your-?" she was about to ask, before the man stepped onto the boat with Yumeko. Immediately the pirate stilled her tongue and stepped into the boat bound for Gelato Beach.

@Yun Lee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Sand Bird

View attachment 145765

Radec stopped before he reached the left wing, wanting for the doctor to spray the flames and watched.

Risky Boots shrugged. "If blue coins are valuable enough to buy us our lives, perhaps red coins could buy us something, too," she commented, offering the colonel her two cents. In the meantime, she aided Gon and co. in snuffing out the fires. "So go on, go fetch them while we clean up King Temper-Tantrum's mess for him. You look...fireproof...enough," Risky directed with a dismissive wave of her hand made towards the general area of the remaining coin(s).

@dark @thatguyinthestore

@Jeremi @Crow

Peter awoke from his long nap on the boat, stretching out and yawning. He last remembered the poor young Starlow being pummeled into dust before them all, crumbs of the star falling into their space. And then he had gotten on the boat, and...

Now he had woken up. He walked to the bow of the ship, seeing Rita and a beach full of others out there. "Oh, uh... not to be cliché or anything, but, uh, what'd I miss?" He began rubbing at his aching head. Not the vigilant Spider-Man he thought he was, he supposed.

@Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9
@Sirena Beach

"Ah, so you're only here to make things difficult on top of being an imbecile? Brilliant." The Doctor deadpanned. "But I guess I better get ahead of the situation." He responded and went to the head of the bird and picked up the red coin there before turning his attention to the left wing and spraying the fire with water to smother the flames.

"Y'know, we're really high up. Ya wouldn't wanna fall by accident." Bowser said to The Doctor with a snarl.

View attachment 145765

"How am I supposed to know?" Bowser asked, not even looking at Radec as he did so.

Before everyone was herded onto boats, Risky Boots breathed a sigh of relief to finally find another inquisitive mind.

View attachment 145766

"Finally, someone who gets it. Perchance, could I know your-?" she was about to ask, before the man stepped onto the boat with Yumeko. Immediately the pirate stilled her tongue and stepped into the boat bound for Gelato Beach.

@Yun Lee

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Sand Bird

Risky Boots shrugged. "If blue coins are valuable enough to buy us our lives, perhaps red coins could buy us something, too," she commented, offering the colonel her two cents. In the meantime, she aided Gon and co. in snuffing out the fires. "So go on, go fetch them while we clean up King Temper-Tantrum's mess for him. You look...fireproof...enough," Risky directed with a dismissive wave of her hand made towards the general area of the remaining coin(s).

@dark @thatguyinthestore

@Jeremi @Crow
It appeared that all the red coins had been collected. As the last one was collected, the same shiny object that had appeared before appeared on a nearby pillar.

170px-FI_Shine.png

After waiting a few minutes, the sandbird had flown over to said pillar, which allowed you to reach up and grab the object.

@Crow @Jeremi @Verite @dark @Archmage Jeremiah @SandBird

Last edited:
"Y'know, we're really high up. Ya wouldn't wanna fall by accident." Bowser said to The Doctor with a snarl.

"How am I supposed to know?" Bowser asked, not even looking at Radec as he did so.

It appeared that all the red coins had been collected. As the last one was collected, the same shiny object that had appeared before appeared on a nearby pillar.

170px-FI_Shine.png

After waiting a few minutes, the sandbird had flown over to said pillar, which allowed you to reach up and grab the object.

@Crow @Jeremi @Verite @dark @Archmage Jeremiah @SandBird

images

If these... red coins do wonders, don't mind ... me. I'll be taking this... present.

Radec frowned and walked toward the pillar, staring around it for any unknown traps. No matter what, whatever games always seemed to contain trouble right behind it.

Was it worth it?

images

If these... red coins do wonders, don't mind ... me. I'll be taking this... present.

Radec frowned and walked toward the pillar, staring around it for any unknown traps. No matter what, whatever games always seemed to contain trouble right behind it.

Was it worth it?
Bowser scratched his head as he watched Radec just stand there and do nothing.

"Are you gonna take the stupid thing or not?"

@dark @Jeremi @Crow @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah
@SandBird

"Quite a lot, actually," Yumeko told Peter. "I brought my friend back to life...or not. It turns out she may have been made to look dead, and was being held hostage so the student council could revive her and look like heroes."

"You know, you say that a little too nonchalantly, Yumeko..."

Yumeko merely giggled and went right on cleaning. It seemed about 1/5th of the goop was cleaned up.

@Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9
@Sirena Beach​

Rita Hanson

" There was also a talent show, where Maria also got immunity. Nobody died at the talent show thankfully- but we got to see some cool acts. Also, some of us fought new enemies while getting the sprites." Rita continued to spray the goop, being careful not to touch it and not get electrified.

@Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Yun Lee @Kentucky @Khan of the Mardu @Sirena Beach

As Ami and Yamashiro inspected the watermelons, someone would arrive from behind, putting her arms around both girls' shoulders.
4_Guilty-Gear-I-No.jpg

"Hey there, ladies~" I-No slipped past them, looking at the melons herself. "Admiring these big, juicy melons, are you? I'm not surprised..." She glanced down momentarily at Ami and Yamashiro's chests and chuckled. "You two must feel jealous."

@York @Mari @Mason Moretti @Watermelons​

images

Nothing comes easy, I'm checking if there are traps.

As soon as it's confirmed safe enough, Radec grabs the shiny "sunshine."

@dark @Jeremi @Crow @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore
Bowser simply rolled his eyes at Radec's remark.

When Radec touched the object, it would fly off just as it had before. Also like before, everyone in the group would glow faintly except Bowser. As soon as this was over, the group was transported back to Gelato Beach...

Upon your return, you would be greeted by the same old man that greeted you upon your arrival.

da2bb8c27dc3279440a8bc8a13524f2b

"So, how did you enjoy your surprise?" He asked as he looked up to the group.

"It friggin' sucked." Bowser said with a huff as he crossed his arms. "You gave us a dumb red coin mission instead'a somethin' useful like food or a princess!"

"I thought you young folk enjoyed treasure hunts!" The old man exclaimed, sounding genuinely offended at the Koopa King's comment.

"Well these losers might have, but I sure didn't." Bowser declared, pointing a thumb directly at his chest before stomping off. As he did so, the old Noki simply shrugged and muttered something under his breath before turning back to the group.

"Well, I suppose that with the sand bird out of the way, you all could check out the Watermelon Festival while you're still here. It should be worth your while!" The old Noki exclaimed with a chuckle before turning and slowly walking off.

It looked like you could finally see what those giant watermelons were about.

@dark @Crow @Jeremi @Verite @Archmage Jeremiah @Yun Lee @Mari @York @SandBird---->WatermelonFestival

Upon your arrival at Gelato Beach, those who were there before will realize that not much has changed since you left.....

hqdefault.jpg

...Except for the fact that there were giant watermelons everywhere. How charming.

Before you could question what was going on, a certain Noki would approach your group, looking at Ernesti specifically.

da2bb8c27dc3279440a8bc8a13524f2b

"Well if it isn't my dear old friend... erm hold on... don't tell me...

Arbusti! I see you've brought some new friends with ya too, Arbusti."
The elder Noki said as he squinted at the rest of the group. "I never got to properly thank you for rescuing the sand bird egg from those cataquacks! If you head up that ladder to the egg you'll be able to ride on its back through the sky. I set up a surprise for you there!" He exclaimed before pointing to the egg with his fishing rod.

250px-ShineTower.png

You could head to the sand bird to see the old man's surprise, or you could see what those giant watermelons were about.

"Surprise, huh?" Bowser asked to no one in particular as he rubbed his chin in thought. Eventually, an evil grin curled on his face before looking down at the elderly Noki.

c58c2ba6523d733d38b4403d6dddc824

"Alright, ya 'ole geezer. I'm gonna see what this 'surprise' is all about." Bowser said evilly before stomping off to the egg to see what this "surprise" was. Maybe it was money! Or food! Or even Princess Peach!

On the other hand, Shantae was really intrigued by those giant watermelons and made her way to those instead.

(Tag @Mason Moretti for the watermelons and @thatguyinthestore for the sand bird)

@Jeremi @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Mari @Crow @York @Archmage Jeremiah @dark @GelatoBeach

"Ernesti, gramps, Ernesti Echevalier," Ernesti reintroduced. "Well everyone, go ahead and introduce yourself to Elder Noki."

Ernesti's eyes widened when Noki mentioned a surprise, but Ernesti was more interested in the other part of the sentence.

i0Ggl9W.jpg

"Can we really? Can we really ride the Sand Bird?"

Ernesti proceeds to climb the ladder towards the Sand Bird.

@thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @Mari @Crow @York @Archmage Jeremiah @dark @Minerva @GelatoBeach​

latest

Yamashiro looked on as Ernesti went up the ladder. She would have tagged along with him if it were not involving heights, or a flying bird? Sea level or as close to it as possible was where Yamashiro preferred to be. The beach looked nice and very inviting, but there were other things there that were quite unique. She then walked over towards the watermelons, looking curiously at them.

"I have never seen watermelons this big before. Not even during the summer."

@Mason Moretti @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Mari @York @Archmage Jeremiah @dark @gelatobeach

Ami Kawashima
@dark @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Verite @Jeremi @Mason Moretti
@Gelato Beach

Ami actually smiled a little, seeing that Maria actually won, though she quickly tried to change her expression before anyone really saw. Nonetheless though, she enjoyed the few candies she still had left from Maria's show as she decided to join the group headed towards Gelato beach.

She was about to offer some candies to Maria, and the rest of the group, but seemed to stop after noticing the rather sizeable watermelons laying around, not to mention the strange old man... Which some members of the group had evidently met before, seeing as he had recognized Ernesti after a few moments.

fUyeNkn.png

"Psh... I think you have a few screws loose old man..." Ami said, not seeming to show much interest in following his instructions.

Instead, she popped another piece of candy into her mouth as she went over to investigate the oversized watermelon. Who knows... She might even be able to sell some of these to a Piantia on an island...​
As Ami and Yamashiro inspected the watermelons, someone would arrive from behind, putting her arms around both girls' shoulders.
4_Guilty-Gear-I-No.jpg

"Hey there, ladies~" I-No slipped past them, looking at the melons herself. "Admiring these big, juicy melons, are you? I'm not surprised..." She glanced down momentarily at Ami and Yamashiro's chests and chuckled. "You two must feel jealous."

Uu? . . . those are really big watermelons. ❞
Maria was pretty interested in the oversized watermelons, stepping over to inspect them with her curiosity. Somewhat gone unnoticed since Maria's magic was sealed off once again, the candies that Ami specifically had to herself were mysteriously gone. Guess the magic for those wore off.

tumblr_inline_nulyjdRARF1typ8ok_100.png

❝ I don't get it... uu. ❞
The young girl was rather confused on what I-No meant by that. There was only a number of things that a nine-year-old could think of during these types of situations.

@Mari @York @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee
@GelatoBeach

Gelato Beach - Watermelon Festival
@Crow @dark @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mari @Verite @York

800px-Surf_cabana_1.png

A friendly-looking Pianta wearing shades and a flowery shirt called over the group, at least all who weren't distracted by I-No' s... assets. He spoke joyfully, "I see that you ladies and gentlemen are interested in our Watermelon Festival! We hold it each year. Everyone brings the biggest watermelon they can carry down here to my shack, where we juice them for smoothies. Whoever brings the biggest watermelons wins! This year, we have prizes for first, second, and third place. You all are free to join!"

If they peered behind the jolly Pianta, the group would see one of the available prizes: A brightly glowing Shine Sprite.

"Watermelons grow up on top of the hill," the Pianta said, pointing up a tall and somewhat steep hill.

If they ventured up the hill, they would find three watermelons. Two of them were very large, but a decent enough size to carry. They're not anything exceptional, but might win second or third place.

180px-The_Watermelon_Festival.PNG

They were nothing compared to the behemoth of a melon standing beside them. It put I-No to shame. This thing was larger than the height anyone there, but it looked like it was ready to burst. It was much to big to carry, but there might have been another way to get it back to the shack...​

4_Guilty-Gear-I-No.jpg

Uu? . . . those are really big watermelons. ❞
Maria was pretty interested in the oversized watermelons, stepping over to inspect them with her curiosity. Somewhat gone unnoticed since Maria's magic was sealed off once again, the candies that Ami specifically had to herself were mysteriously gone. Guess the magic for those wore off.

tumblr_inline_nulyjdRARF1typ8ok_100.png

❝ I don't get it... uu. ❞
The young girl was rather confused on what I-No meant by that. There was only a number of things that a nine-year-old could think of during these types of situations.

@Mari @York @Mason Moretti @Yun Lee
@GelatoBeach
In all honesty, if it hadn't been for Maria's presence, Shantae would have chuckled at I-No's little innuendo there. Her being a teenager, she found such jokes funny at times. Plus it helped lighten the mood after all that had transpired.

But, because there was a nine year old standing right there, Shantae subtlety jabbed I-No in the side and gave her a silent glare instead.
Gelato Beach - Watermelon Festival
@Crow @dark @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mari @Verite @York

800px-Surf_cabana_1.png

A friendly-looking Pianta wearing shades and a flowery shirt called over the group, at least all who weren't distracted by I-No' s... assets. He spoke joyfully, "I see that you ladies and gentlemen are interested in our Watermelon Festival! We hold it each year. Everyone brings the biggest watermelon they can carry down here to my shack, where we juice them for smoothies. Whoever brings the biggest watermelons wins! This year, we have prizes for first, second, and third place. You all are free to join!"

If they peered behind the jolly Pianta, the group would see one of the available prizes: A brightly glowing Shine Sprite.

"Watermelons grow up on top of the hill," the Pianta said, pointing up a tall and somewhat steep hill.

If they ventured up the hill, they would find three watermelons. Two of them were very large, but a decent enough size to carry. They're not anything exceptional, but might win second or third place.

180px-The_Watermelon_Festival.PNG

They were nothing compared to the behemoth of a melon standing beside them. It put I-No to shame. This thing was larger than the height anyone there, but it looked like it was ready to burst. It was much to big to carry, but there might have been another way to get it back to the shack...​
"Hey, maybe we could try rolling this watermelon to the shack instead of carrying it?" Shantae suggested before attempting to do just that, though she'd probably need help due to its gigantic size.

@Mason Moretti @Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @York @Crow @Jeremi @Verite @dark @Archmage Jeremiah @Mari @WatermelonFestival