Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

Talon
@Takumi @anyone
"It may be your way, but there are those like myself who protect the weak. So far, there's been no need to even hold a blade and I doubt there will be any time soon." Yato countered, a glare directed towards Talon at the news of his pick.
Oh great, a knight in shining armor, just what he needed.

"You protect the weak? Pathetic. Why waste your energy on those who are better off dying?"
He scoffed.

Talon really was losing himself here. Being a nice guy was too hard for him, it seems.

"No need to hold a blade? You're kidding me. We had to defeat a monster with nothing but water at our disposal. Somehow, it worked, but we will never get that lucky in the future. As a matter of fact, that blue coin was given to me by a gun-wielding lunatic. Who knows when she'll come back and suddenly force us to play one of her gun games..."

Last edited:
Talon
@Takumi @anyone

Oh great, a knight in shining armor, just what he needed.

"You protect the weak? Pathetic! Why waste your energy on those who are better off dying?"
He scoffed.

Talon really was losing himself here. Being a nice guy was too hard for him, it seemed.

"No need to hold a blade? You're kidding me. We had to defeat a monster with water. We will never get that lucky in the future. As a matter of fact, that blue coin was given to me by a gun-wielding lunatic. Who knows when she'll come back and suddenly force us to play one of her gun games..."

"It's part of my job." Yato said plainly, crossing his arms and shrugging. He didn't feel like going into details, that would lead to explaining and possibly having to elaborate on the whole wish granting, which now wasn't the time for.

"There's no need to hold a blade now, but I doubt most here even use blades to fight with. As for Starlow, she may just have some ability or another. Either way, you have the final say now, so I can't do much about it even if I don't necessarily agree." he sighed, though hearing about some crazy girl who had a gun made him think of a certain war god he knew and got attacked by countless times, and that wasn't pleasant to think about.

He wouldn't say anything else, sitting and crossing his legs in an attempt to get comfortable, done with the conversation and just wanting to move on and get it over with.

Rita Hanson

Rita held back her tongue for now, but paused. She looked over at Talon. " Before you say this is a final choice, may I ask you one question? Are you doing it out of spite? It just seems rather spiteful that the only other person who pointed how unfair the game is in your firing line. Actually, dare, I say it seems cowardly for a vigilante. So, are you certain you aren't doing it just because you just don't like her?" Rita was fine with the choice- if he wasn't doing to be spiteful. It just seemed rather spiteful to her.

@Otto

Last edited:
Risky Boots grinned wickedly.

View attachment 145303

"Still, out of all the innocent children and brave-hearted heroes hanging up there...you choose old salt like me to rescue? Your family line is just destined to fall for bad boys, I suppose," Risky sauntered up beside Shantae and bumped her elbow-to-elbow. "Or bad girls, in your case. Ho ho ho!~" she teased.

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies
Shantae blushed an extremely bright shade of red when Risky continued their conversation and was even left speechless for a short moment.

Cacz9.png

"U-um Risky I-I like you and all, but I don't think I like you like that." The half-genie finally managed to stammer out, albeit through plenty of stutters. But... she did feel something for Risky. She did save her over plenty of people who probably haven't done the things that she'd done.

But... Shantae wasn't entirely sure what exactly that feeling was. She assumed that it was just a friendship, though she hadn't actually dated someone before so could it have been something more?

Talon
@Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York @dark @anyone else

Talon smiled when he learned that he would be responsible for a 'special task'.

"I'm listening..."

He thought aloud,

"Hmm... five people at death's door... I wonder who will be worthy enough to survive..."

Talon raised his voice in response to what Rita and Starlow had said.

"Life isn't fair, deal with it."

If life was fair, he wouldn't have had to live in the slums of Noxus for most of his life, barely making ends meet through various criminal activities.

When he was about to turn his attention away from them, he suddenly glared at Starlow. It was clear that he was disgusted by the foreign creature. He could practically sense the frailty and weakness emanating from her body.

His attention was then caught by Radec.

He looked at the man, a hint of admiration in his eyes.

"A soldier? Impressive..."

Talon destroyed The Doctor's hopes when he said, deadpanned,

"Not so fast, old man. I never compromise..."

He then examined the people at his mercy, trying to determine who was the weakest. He was going to ask them what their weapon of choice was, but that wasn't necessary. It was clear who was the most feeble of the group.

As he spoke, he tried to make his contempt for the weak less obvious, but he didn't really do a good job. Before, he had tried to keep his reputation in check... but at this point he didn't really care.

9jhKlCI.png

"Starlow has nothing to offer but weakness; they can't even hold a blade! For this reason, they must sacrifice themself for the ones who are more worthy."

He turned to look at The Doctor, anticipating a response.

"Don't even think about contesting my choice. It is clear that I am correct, no matter how harsh I may seem."

He looked at everyone else who was paying attention to him.

"Only the strongest survive. That is the Noxian way."
"W-what?!" Luigi shouted when Talon suggested that Starlow of all people should die. Sweet, innocent Starlow! The one person here who'd probably never done a single bad thing in their life was being the one voted off here. "That's not-a fair! Y-you can't just-a kill someone because they're weaker than you!" The plumber shouted to Talon as tears threatened to sting his eyes.

bowser_koopa_expressions___confused_by_madstarr12-d65qxrm.jpg

"Uhh... who's Starlow again?"

@Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee

Rita Hanson

" The one who looks like a circle is Starlow," Rita said, pointing to the small creature with the small FLUDD on her back and was innocent in her mind.

@thatguyinthestore

"It's part of my job." Yato said plainly, crossing his arms and shrugging. He didn't feel like going into details, that would lead to explaining and possibly having to elaborate on the whole wish granting, which now wasn't the time for.

"There's no need to hold a blade now, but I doubt most here even use blades to fight with. As for Starlow, she may just have some ability or another. Either way, you have the final say now, so I can't do much about it even if I don't necessarily agree." he sighed, though hearing about some crazy girl who had a gun made him think of a certain war god he knew and got attacked by countless times, and that wasn't pleasant to think about.

He wouldn't say anything else, sitting and crossing his legs in an attempt to get comfortable, done with the conversation and just wanting to move on and get it over with.
Talon rolled his eyes and then focused his attention at Rita.​
Rita Hanson

Rita held back her tongue for now, but paused. She looked over at Talon. " Before you say this is a final choice, may I ask you one question? Are you doing it out of spite? It just seems rather spiteful that the only other person who pointed how unfair the game is in your firing line. Actually, dare, I say it seems cowardly for a vigilante. So, are you certain you aren't doing it just because you just don't like her?" Rita was fine with the choice- if he wasn't doing to be spiteful. It just seemed rather spiteful to her.
He sighed.

"I have chosen Starlow because she is the weakest of the group. It is a mere coincidence that I happen to disdain those who are weak." He said, trying to seem as reasonable as possible.

He was surprised that Rita was still buying the half-truth of him being a vigilante.​

"W-what?!" Luigi shouted when Talon suggested that Starlow of all people should die. Sweet, innocent Starlow! The one person here who'd probably never done a single bad thing in their life was being the one voted off here. "That's not-a fair! Y-you can't just-a kill someone because they're weaker than you!" The plumber shouted to Talon as tears threatened to sting his eyes.
"Listen, I don't want to kill anyone here. Somebody has to die, however. I'm only making the most logical decision. Besides, it would be a waste of my time; there are more important targets out there.

"Also, do I really need to repeat myself? Life's not fair. The sooner you realize this, the stronger you'll be. I say this from experience."

Last edited:
Rita Hanson

" The one who looks like a circle is Starlow," Rita said, pointing to the small creature with the small FLUDD on her back and was innocent in her mind.

@thatguyinthestore
"You mean Chippy?" Bowser asked, obviously thinking that her name is legitimately Chippy. Though, before Bowser could fully process what was going on, Talon spoke up again.

Talon
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi

Talon rolled his eyes and focused his attention at Rita.

He sighed.

"I have chosen Starlow because she is the weakest of the group. It is a mere coincidence that I happen to disdain those who are weak."

"Listen, I don't want to kill anyone here. It would be a waste of my time. There are more important targets out there. I'm only making the most logical decision."

"Also, do I really need to repeat myself? Life's not fair. The sooner you realize this, the stronger you'll be. I say this from experience."
"BWA HA HA HA HA HA!! I like the way you think, chump!" Bowser exclaimed through more laughter, though this time it wasn't from making fun of anyone, but rather out of joy. Albeit, joy over eradicating the weak, but joy nonetheless. "Wimps ain't got no place here. They won't get far on their own anyways." Bowser said once he calmed down a bit.

Meanwhile, Luigi just remained silent, knowing that he couldn't change Talon's decision no matter how hard he tried.

@Otto @LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Yun Lee

"I'm listening..."

He thought aloud,

"Hmm... I wonder who is worthy enough to survive..."

If life was fair, he wouldn't have had to live in the slums of Noxus for most of his life, barely making ends meet through various criminal activities.

When he was about to turn his attention away from them, he suddenly glared at Starlow. It was clear that he was disgusted by the foreign creature. He could practically sense the frailty and weakness emanating from her body.

His attention was then caught by The Doctor.​

He then examined the people at his mercy, trying to determine who was the weakest. He was going to ask them what their weapon of choice was, but that wasn't necessary. It was clear who was the most feeble of the group.

As he spoke, he tried to make his contempt for the weak less obvious, but he didn't really do a good job. Before, he had tried to keep his reputation in check... but at this point he didn't really care.

9jhKlCI.png

"Starlow has nothing to offer but weakness; they can't even hold a blade! For this reason, they must sacrifice themself for those who are more worthy."

"Don't even think about contesting my choice. It is clear that I am correct, no matter how harsh I may seem."

"Jesus Christ..." Tony muttered from inside his net "And they call me an asshole"

Talon was making the hard choice- a choice nobody here wanted to make. Right now, he was just mitigating the damage and focus it on the non combatants. Tony would have respected Talon's call, had it not repulsed him.

Tony was a ruthless man in the board room and bedroom, a killer dancer and criminally good looking...but he wasn't a killer. He would exploit, manipulate and blackmail his way through the 21st century and beyond, but his perfect world was not about to be built on a pile of corpses. If he had to lay down a life to save another's, that's fine, but not one to save his own

"They can't 'hold a sword' sure, but you know what? Neither can I!" A bluff.

If someone was willing to measure dicks with this guy, he might back down

"I've had my nose broken in 2 places, my jaw dislocated, my ribcage chipped and took a concussion all in the space of 6 hours. If anyone here is 'the weakest link', physically speaking it's currently me. We all have something to offer here more than fulfilling your medieval fantasy, kid. You wanna make the hard choice? Sure. Be sure it's the right choice. Next time you play judge and jury, you play with Tony. Comprehend-ay? Leave it up to fate asshole. You don't have the right to make that choice"
@Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York @dark
Mobile post

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Husk

"I'm listening..."

He thought aloud,

"Hmm... I wonder who is worthy enough to survive..."

His attention was then caught by The Doctor.​

9jhKlCI.png

"Starlow has nothing to offer but weakness; they can't even hold a blade! For this reason, they must sacrifice themself for those who are more worthy."

"Ah but would the strong sacrifice the weak instead of trying to protect it?"
The Doctor responded. "But if you want to show how weak you are then sure...if that is what you truly want? Also old man? Old man? I'm only about 900 years old!" The Doctor was wondering if he could sacrifice Talon now...
"Jesus Christ..." Tony muttered from inside his net "And they call me an asshole"

Talon was making the hard choice- a choice nobody here wanted to make. Right now, he was just mitigating the damage and focus it on the non combatants. Tony would have respected Talon's call, had it not repulsed him.

Tony was a ruthless man in the board room and bedroom, a killer dancer and criminally good looking...but he wasn't a killer. He would exploit, manipulate and blackmail his way through the 21st century and beyond, but his perfect world was not about to be built on a pile of corpses. If he had to lay down a life to save another's, that's fine, but not one to save his own

"They can't 'hold a sword' sure, but you know what? Neither can I!" A bluff.

If someone was willing to measure dicks with this guy, he might back down

"I've had my nose broken in 2 places, my jaw dislocated, my ribcage chipped and took a concussion all in the space of 6 hours. If anyone here is 'the weakest link', physically speaking it's currently me. We all have something to offer here more than fulfilling your medieval fantasy, kid. You wanna make the hard choice? Sure. Be sure it's the right choice. Next time you play judge and jury, you play with Tony. Comprehend-ay? Leave it up to fate asshole. You don't have the right to make that choice"
@Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York @dark
Mobile post

The Doctor was actually impressed with what Tony had to say. "A strong person would sacrifice themselves to save another...but what do I know? I'm just another old man..."

Episode Two
"Uninvited Pests"

Yuriko ignored everything Rita and Starlow said, focused solely on Talon and The Doctor. When Talon made his choice, she smiled. Taking The Doctor's comments as a sign of compliance, Yuriko nodded. "So, the decision has been made, then? All right: Starlow will be executed." There would be no time for goodbyes, no time for last words. With a snap of her fingers, Starlow's net flew up to the ceiling at record speed, right into the bell. Even in the night, Starlow would find that the bell was lined with thousands of spikes. Suddenly, the bell would move up, forcing her to slam into one side.

BONNNG!

The bell violently swung the other way.

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG!

At the twelfth ring, the group would notice something flitter to the ground. It was fine like sand, but glittered as if it were diamonds. The net would slowly descend to the ground, the inside completely covered in the glittery substance.

"No way…is that stardust?" Jack hopped off the platform and grabbed the net. "I could make a fortune off this stuff!

"How…delightful." Yuriko didn't really want to dwell on that. She would focus her attention on the group, who would now be free of their nets. "Well, um…that's the end of that. I believe you all have a ferry to catch now, so-"

"Reprehensible."

Yuriko flinched, forcing herself to turn towards Yumeko. Again, her face contorted as if she dreaded every word out of Yumeko's mouth. "I-I'm sorry?"

"You. What you've done. It's utterly reprehensible. You've made a complete mockery of what gambling stands for. Using it as a way to kill someone, an innocent little creature who did nothing wrong, due to the whims of one man…you would have been better off picking names out of a hat. That would be better than this pathetic display! Yes…one by one, a name is called, and we die. Then the rest could be free to go."

"Well, y-you see-"
DDuDat6V0AAw1uK.jpg

"But you don't take the easy way out, do you? You want us to go off and play other games, picking us off one by one. Why? Why prolong this all? Unless...there's something more to this whole ordeal. Is that it, Yuriko? Am I right?"

"No, of course not! I-!!!!!!!"

In an instant, Yumeko was in Yuriko's face.
JMr6UJl_d.jpg

"I am right, aren't I? Manipulating my memories…producing some tape of us all being criminals…revealing we were killers and now must kill each other out of nowhere…you and Kirari and your entire council has something brewing beneath the surface! There's a reason why we're all here, isn't there?! Something none of us even realize! But you know, and that's why you feel no fear! You can sit confidently and judge us all because no harm will come to you!!!"
nishinotouin-2.jpg

"I…I…" Yuriko struggled to say more. "That…that's not…no!"

Yumeko snatched the container from Yuriko. Her eyes had gone from a soft brown to a violent red, a maniacal grin on her face. It was as if she had become possessed. "No, no, no, no! Gambling is meant to strike fear into both players, with bets on the line! But what if you and I switch places?? You take a turn in the net, feel what you made us feel! After all, you took two lives! A life for a life, isn't that right?!?!?!"

"P-Please…Yumeko!!" Yuriko's pleas fell on deaf ears. Yumeko began shaking the container.
tumblr_otglftY8E71s307p6o1_500.gif

"Come on, Yuriko!!!! Don't refuse me!!!!! Let's share this thrill, this fear, this excitement!!!!!!!!"
1165E40CFB9ADAB2B62CC992717BE3EBB1EBD0D9

"L E T ' S G A M B L E ! ! ! !"

"...Let's not."

The net that had held Starlow now held Yumeko. Jack peaked over from behind her. "Last boats in the ferry line leave in ten minutes. Trust me, my boss is more of a freakshow than you, so you're gonna have to take a raincheck on that little gamble of yours." He slung the highschooler over his shoulder, and anyone who caught a glimpse of her face would see Yumeko was back to normal. Her eyes had reverted back to brown, and she had a look of surprise on her face as she was carried off. Jack looked around at the rest of the group. "Are the rest of you coming, or do you all wanna play more rounds of this game?"

With not much of a choice, everyone would be led out of the room. As the last person left, the only noise in the room would come from Yuriko. She fell forward, hands barely catching her. The dignified young girl had become disheveled in only a minute. Strands of hair flew every which way, sweat pooled down her face, and she just could not catch her breath.

"Hah…hah…hah…d-damn it!" Damn her, damn that Yumeko Jabami! No matter what, that girl just existed to wreak havoc and chaos and disrupt order and tradition!

As the fear started to gradually subside, Yuriko found herself feeling a different emotion. Guilt. She really had killed people, didn't she? Even knowing The Truth…she still took two lives, something she'd never done before. Did that…did that make her a killer? Even if she knew more than she let on, just like Yumeko guessed, and she knew what was really going on here on this island…did she still have blood on her hands?

An arm around her shoulder would shock Yuriko back into reality. "Oh!" She turned to the person next to her. "P-Pardon me, Im, uh, I just…"

"Shhhhhhhhh." I-No put a finger on Yuriko's lips, giving her a smile. "Relax. I know you just went through a cacophany of idiocy. I actually came here to bring you some tea. Figured you could unwind a little."

"…thank you." Yuriko took the cup I-No offered her. "This was more stressful than I'd thought."

"You still did a good job, dear. Switching up the rules all over like that-you succeeded in confusing them, that's for sure."

Yuriko sighed, staring into the tea. "I suppose…though, I was honestly panicking back there. I wanted things to work well, but the constant thought of killing someone…I guess I got a little stressed."

"I can imagine. That's why I added a little something special to that tea-consider it my special witch's brew." She winked, and Yuriko relaxed.

"That's very kind of you," she said, bringing the cup to her lips.

"Oh yes," I-No replied. She tapped her right index finger on her thigh, the grin on her face growing wider the more Yuriko drank. "Kindness is my specialty."

--------------

Even late at night, Delfino Plaza is warm, but at least now, there's a soft breeze that blows, especially from the ocean. There are a few clouds in the night sky, but they fail to hide the multitude of stars and the beautiful full moon.

Jack led the group to the docks, waving to those already there-who just so happen to be the police Piantas.

"Boy! What took you guys so long? We were worried we'd have to arrest you all for skipping work!"

Before anyone could speak, Jack shrugged. "Bell Tower took longer than expected." That seemed to be all anyone would be able to say on the matter.

The officers took that at face value. "I see! Well, luckily, the boats are good to go. As a thank you for cleaning up Delfino Plaza, you guys get a bit of freedom in where you head next, as well as a nice little stay on our Delfino Ferry. You'll all get to sleep in nice beds and eat delicious fruits and seafood while going to your next destinations. But in the morning, you're all working, got it?"

The other officer picked up. "These boats go to three different places-all dealing with troublesome wildlife thanks to the goop everywhere. The first boat goes up a river to Bianco Hills, a nice little community that's having issues with a giant monster. The next boat goes to Ricco Harbor, which has an infestation of Bloopers and gross oily goop. Finally, the last boat takes you to Gelato Beach, which has local Cataquack creatures jeopardizing the Sand Bird by causing the solar panels around its incubator to be unstable! Pick the job you want, then head out."

Jack walked to the Ricco Harbor boat and unceremoniously dumped Yumeko onto it. "Oh, great! All the stardust got on you!" He didn't seem to care that the stardust was technically the remains of an innocent star sprite.

(Tag @thatguyinthestore for Bianco Hills, @Yun Lee for Ricco Harbor, and @Mason Moretti for Gelato Beach)

Starring:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Risky Boots (Shantae)
@Bucky as Honoka Kousaka (Love Live!)
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Tony Stark (The Superior Iron Man)
@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Kars (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Glostechk as Tsuyu Asui (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Toshinori Yagi (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@Kentucky as Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson(Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mari as Yamashiro (KanColle)
@Midnight Maiden as Hiyori Iki (Noragami)
@Minerva as Ritsuka Fujimura (Fate/Grand Order)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Kusanagi (Phantom of the Kill)
@Takumi as Yato (Noragami)
@thatguyinthestore as Shantae (Shantae)
@The Myrmidon as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@York as Ami Kawashima (Toradora!)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)

In Memoriam:

Mary Saotome - Hit on the Head!

Nagihiko Fujisaki - Impaled!

Starlow - Turned to Dust!

All was done as Ernesti Echevalier approached his allies that were on the sides - Yamashiro, Alesha and Luigi. Even though one might notice his neutral expression during the collective events that occured, he was smiling after all that happened, seemingly unaffected or untraumatized, even after looking back at what Yumeko had done to the gamemaster Yuriko. He just kept walking as Yuriko's screams played a wondrous sonata through the air.

89WROOo.jpg

"On one hand, I want to fight the giant monster at Bianco Hills. The thought is pretty thrilling... On the other hand, the Sand Bird at Gelato Beach, based on the description and name, it must be some kind of mechanical bird-shaped robotic instrument that's being violated by rowdy demon beasts! That is unforgivable! Absolutely unforgivable! I have to stop them! I have to save the Sand Bird!"

Those last few words were accompanied with visible facial anger, before shortly returning to a happier state, smiling and snapping out of it. It was an odd sight to see from the hardly-angry Ernesti Echevalier.

"So anyways, where do you all want to go?"

Ernesti then turns to the side and waves to the vigilante Talon.

"Hey! Talon! Can we exchange some words later on before we head off? Just you and I."

@Mari @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Otto

Last edited:
Shantae blushed an extremely bright shade of red when Risky continued their conversation and was even left speechless for a short moment.

Cacz9.png

"U-um Risky I-I like you and all, but I don't think I like you like that." The half-genie finally managed to stammer out, albeit through plenty of stutters. But... she did feel something for Risky. She did save her over plenty of people who probably haven't done the things that she'd done.

But... Shantae wasn't entirely sure what exactly that feeling was. She assumed that it was just a friendship, though she hadn't actually dated someone before so could it have been something more?

With both brows raised high and head cocked back, Risky Boots' knowing grin grew in light of Shantae's response. "You're as red as Squid Baron, and stammering like you're walking the plank!" she exclaimed in rebuttal, "Remember what I said earlier? You don't think, you feel," Risky explained with a chuckle, "Besides, I never explicitly accused you of falling for me; I was teasing!"

fx_cine_risky_pose_4.png

"Jumping to such a conclusion says something, though, doesn't it?~"

Episode Two
"Uninvited Pests"

Yuriko ignored everything Rita and Starlow said, focused solely on Talon and The Doctor. When Talon made his choice, she smiled. Taking The Doctor's comments as a sign of compliance, Yuriko nodded. "So, the decision has been made, then? All right: Starlow will be executed." There would be no time for goodbyes, no time for last words. With a snap of her fingers, Starlow's net flew up to the ceiling at record speed, right into the bell. Even in the night, Starlow would find that the bell was lined with thousands of spikes. Suddenly, the bell would move up, forcing her to slam into one side.

BONNNG!

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG!

Again.

At the twelfth ring, the group would notice something flitter to the ground. It was fine like sand, but glittered as if it were diamonds. The net would slowly descend to the ground, the inside completely covered in the glittery substance.

"No way…is that stardust?" Jack hopped off the platform and grabbed the net. "I could make a fortune off this stuff!

"How…delightful." Yuriko didn't really want to dwell on that. She would focus her attention on the group, who would now be free of their nets. "Well, um…that's the end of that. I believe you all have a ferry to catch now, so-"

"Reprehensible."

Yuriko flinched, forcing herself to turn towards Yumeko. Again, her face contorted as if she dreaded every word out of Yumeko's mouth. "I-I'm sorry?"

"You. What you've done. It's utterly reprehensible. You've made a complete mockery of what gambling stands for. Using it as a way to kill someone, an innocent little creature who did nothing wrong, due to the whims of one man…you would have been better off picking names out of a hat. That would be better than this pathetic display! Yes…one by one, a name is called, and we die. Then the rest could be free to go."

"Well, y-you see-"
DDuDat6V0AAw1uK.jpg

"But you don't take the easy way out, do you? You want us to go off and play other games, picking us off one by one. Why? Why prolong this all? Unless...there's something more to this whole ordeal. Is that it, Yuriko? Am I right?"

JMr6UJl_d.jpg

"I am right, aren't I? Manipulating my memories…producing some tape of us all being criminals…revealing we were killers and now must kill each other out of nowhere…you and Kirari and your entire council has something brewing beneath the surface! There's a reason why we're all here, isn't there?! Something none of us even realize! But you know, and that's why you feel no fear! You can sit confidently and judge us all because no harm will come to you!!!"

nishinotouin-2.jpg

Yumeko snatched the container from Yuriko. Her eyes had gone from a soft brown to a violent red, a maniacal grin on her face. It was as if she had become possessed. "No, no, no, no! Gambling is meant to strike fear into both players, with bets on the line! But what if you and I switch places?? You take a turn in the net, feel what you made us feel! After all, you took two lives! A life for a life, isn't that right?!?!?!"

"P-Please…Yumeko!!" Yuriko's pleas fell on deaf ears. Yumeko began shaking the container.

"Come on, Yuriko!!!! Don't refuse me!!!!! Let's share this thrill, this fear, this excitement!!!!!!!!"

"...Let's not."

The net that had held Starlow now held Yumeko. Jack peaked over from behind her. "Last boats in the ferry line leave in ten minutes. Trust me, my boss is more of a freakshow than you, so you're gonna have to take a raincheck on that little gamble of yours." He slung the highschooler over his shoulder, and anyone who caught a glimpse of her face would see Yumeko was back to normal. Her eyes had reverted back to brown, and she had a look of surprise on her face as she was carried off. Jack looked around at the rest of the group. "Are the rest of you coming, or do you all wanna play more rounds of this game?"

With not much of a choice, everyone would be led out of the room. As the last person left, the only noise in the room would come from Yuriko. She fell forward, hands barely catching her. The dignified young girl had become disheveled in only a minute. Strands of hair flew every which way, sweat pooled down her face, and she just could not catch her breath.

"Hah…hah…hah…d-damn it!" Damn her, damn that Yumeko Jabami! No matter what, that girl just existed to wreak havoc and chaos and disrupt order and tradition!

As the fear started to gradually subside, Yuriko found herself feeling a different emotion. Guilt. She really had killed people, didn't she? Even knowing The Truth…she still took two lives, something she'd never done before. Did that…did that make her a killer? Even if she knew more than she let on, just like Yumeko guessed, and she knew what was really going on here on this island…did she still have blood on her hands?

An arm around her shoulder would shock Yuriko back into reality. "Oh!" She turned to the person next to her. "P-Pardon me, Im, uh, I just…"

"Shhhhhhhhh." I-No put a finger on Yuriko's lips, giving her a smile. "Relax. I know you just went through a cacophany of idiocy. I actually came here to bring you some tea. Figured you could unwind a little."

"…thank you." Yuriko took the cup I-No offered her. "This was more stressful than I'd thought."

"You still did a good job, dear. Switching up the rules all over like that-you succeeded in confusing them, that's for sure."

Yuriko sighed, staring into the tea. "I suppose…though, I was honestly panicking back there. I wanted things to work well, but the constant thought of killing someone…I guess I got a little stressed."

"I can imagine. That's why I added a little something special to that tea-consider it my special witch's brew." She winked, and Yuriko relaxed.

"Oh yes," I-No replied. She tapped her right index finger on her thigh, the grin on her face growing wider the more Yuriko drank. "Kindness is my specialty."

--------------

Even late at night, Delfino Plaza is warm, but at least now, there's a soft breeze that blows, especially from the ocean. There are a few clouds in the night sky, but they fail to hide the multitude of stars and the beautiful full moon.

Jack led the group to the docks, waving to those already there-who just so happen to be the police Piantas.

"Boy! What took you guys so long? We were worried we'd have to arrest you all for skipping work!"

Before anyone could speak, Jack shrugged. "Bell Tower took longer than expected." That seemed to be all anyone would be able to say on the matter.

The officers took that at face value. "I see! Well, luckily, the boats are good to go. As a thank you for cleaning up Delfino Plaza, you guys get a bit of freedom in where you head next, as well as a nice little stay on our Delfino Ferry. You'll all get to sleep in nice beds and eat delicious fruits and seafood while going to your next destinations. But in the morning, you're all working, got it?"

The other officer picked up. "These boats go to three different places-all dealing with troublesome wildlife thanks to the goop everywhere. The first boat goes up a river to Bianco Hills, a nice little community that's having issues with a giant monster. The next boat goes to Ricco Harbor, which has an infestation of Bloopers and gross oily goop. Finally, the last boat takes you to Gelato Beach, which has local Cataquack creatures jeopardizing the Sand Bird by causing the solar panels around its incubator to be unstable! Pick the job you want, then head out."

Jack walked to the Ricco Harbor boat and unceremoniously dumped Yumeko onto it. "Oh, great! All the stardust got on you!" He didn't seem to care that the stardust was technically the remains of an innocent star sprite.

(Tag @thatguyinthestore for Bianco Hills, @Yun Lee for Ricco Harbor, and @Mason Moretti for Gelato Beach)

Starring:

In Memoriam:

Exiting the belltower with nary a passing thought of Starlow, Risky Boots breathed in deep the salty coastline air, relieved to be free of one damaged mind...while casually leading Shantae and Maria away from the other accompanying them to the docks. Risky grumbled as the pot-bellied Pianta stopped their troupe and spoke his peace. "I almost forgot...we're here for community service," she commented with disdain, before looking over the fork in the road before her. Spending the moment to gauge the threat described for each location, and her ability to potentially deal with such threats, she turned to Shantae. "I say we tackle Ricco Harbour, unless-" Risky was interrupted by the sound of Yumeko tumbling into the boat destined for Ricco Harbour, and the lady-pirate experienced a swift change of heart.

"On second thought, you two choose,"

@thatguyinthestore

@Gummi Bunnies

All was done as Ernesti Echevalier approached his allies that were on the sides - Yamashiro, Alesha and Luigi. Even though one might notice his neutral expression during the collective events that occured, he was smiling after all that happened, seemingly unaffected or untraumatized, even after looking back at what Yumeko had done to the gamemaster Yuriko. He just kept walking as Yuriko's screams played a wondrous sonata through the air.

89WROOo.jpg

"On one hand, I want to fight the giant monster at Bianco Hills. The thought is pretty thrilling... On the other hand, the Sand Bird at Gelato Beach, based on the description and name, it must be some kind of mechanical bird-shaped robotic instrument that's being violated by rowdy demon beasts! That is unforgivable! Absolutely unforgivable! I have to stop them! I have to save the Sand Bird!"

Those last few words were accompanied with visible facial anger, before shortly returning to a happier state, smiling and snapping out of it. It was an odd sight to see from the hardly-angry Ernesti Echevalier.

"Hey! Talon! Can we exchange some words later on before we head off? Just you and I."

@Mari @Khan of the Mardu @thatguyinthestore @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Midnight Maiden @Otto

[Yamashiro: Setting Sail, As A Passenger]

Yamashiro was glad that Ernesti survived the "game", but watched helplessly along with the others as the one called Starlow was brutally executed. She had seen others perish in similar fashion, but it never got easier to bear, she had realized a long time ago. She closed her eyes, put her hands together in front of her, and whispered:

"May you find happiness and peace on the other side"

When the situation changed to that of needing to embark, she took the cue from Ernesti on looking forward to the next step. They needed to progress, she realized; they might never leave this situation if they did not reach the end goal. Once she learned of the options available there was only one that she felt comfortable with. Definitely not the one that involved going inland to a hilly area. The beach was inviting, but there was one that suited the Fusou-class battleship much better.

"I would like to go to the harbor. It is something very familiar to me and I am confident in my ability to serve that area well."

She started to walk towards the second boat. She hoped one of those she had fought alongside would go along with her.

@Yun Lee @Crow @everyone

Episode Two
"Uninvited Pests"

BONNNG!

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG!

Again.

"Reprehensible."

"Well, y-you see-"
DDuDat6V0AAw1uK.jpg

JMr6UJl_d.jpg

nishinotouin-2.jpg

"...Let's not."

--------------

Starring:

In Memoriam:

Well, that just happened. Before Ritsuka headed off to her location, she looked at The Doctor. "[/COLOR=Orange]Thank you, sir.[/COLOR]" she said with a smile. "Perhaps we can talk about the time stream later? I'd love to hear your experiences!"

She then followed Yamashiro to the harbor. She liked the sea, and could relax there while cleaning up the oil spill or whatever it was.

@Jeremi @Mari @ShiroKiyoshi @Yun Lee @Harbor

With both brows raised high and head cocked back, Risky Boots' knowing grin grew in light of Shantae's response. "You're as red as Squid Baron, and stammering like you're walking the plank!" she exclaimed in rebuttal, "Remember what I said earlier? You don't think, you feel," Risky explained with a chuckle, "Besides, I never explicitly accused you of falling for me; I was teasing!"

View attachment 145334

"Jumping to such a conclusion says something, though, doesn't it?~"

Exiting the belltower with nary a passing thought of Starlow, Risky Boots breathed in deep the salty coastline air, relieved to be free of one damaged mind...while casually leading Shantae and Maria away from the other accompanying them to the docks. Risky grumbled as the pot-bellied Pianta stopped their troupe and spoke his peace. "I almost forgot...we're here for community service," she commented with disdain, before looking over the fork in the road before her. Spending the moment to gauge the threat described for each location, and her ability to potentially deal with such threats, she turned to Shantae. "I say we tackle Ricco Harbour, unless-" Risky was interrupted by the sound of Yumeko tumbling into the boat destined for Ricco Harbour, and the lady-pirate experienced a swift change of heart.

"On second thought, you two choose,"

@thatguyinthestore

@Gummi Bunnies
"Oh r-right. Just teasing." Shantae said, looking extremely embarrassed as she scratched the back of her neck. Once they had made their way out of this so-called "game" and were presented with three more options, Shantae shrugged towards Risky when she asked where she wanted to go.

"I don't know. The harbor does sound nice." Shantae stated. Scuttle Town had a nice harbor. So maybe this one would be similar to the one there?

"What about you, Maria?" Shantae asked as she looked down towards the young girl. "Where do you wanna go?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

Episode Two
"Uninvited Pests"

BONNNG!

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG!

Again.

"Reprehensible."

"Well, y-you see-"
DDuDat6V0AAw1uK.jpg

JMr6UJl_d.jpg

nishinotouin-2.jpg

"...Let's not."

--------------

Starring:

In Memoriam:

89WROOo.jpg

"Fine, as long as it means a use of our skills as warriors."

Alesha didn't even turn her head to respond to Ernesti, instead focusing on something else entirely. In her gaze, she made certain keep Yumeko in sight, silently observing her with a frustrated expression. While the girl had been in her assment of that so-called game, her reaction was... strange and outlandish. Let alone how she seemed to know so many of the people bothering them... was she truly an ally to their cause, or an enemy in disguise?

"Whatever. Yusuke, hurry up! We're heading to Gelato Beach!"

Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Episode Two
"Uninvited Pests"

BONNNG!

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG!

Again.

"Reprehensible."

"Well, y-you see-"
DDuDat6V0AAw1uK.jpg

JMr6UJl_d.jpg

nishinotouin-2.jpg

"...Let's not."

--------------

Starring:

In Memoriam:

Yato remained quiet with the ordeal, although slightly disturbed. Yumeko's response was strange, but he wouldn't linger on that long.

With the bell tower behind him and thr group being led to tge docks, just seeing the Pianta police made Yato give a small groan, before turning to Hiyori.

"Where do you want to go, Hiyori?" he asked, taking her hand in his and giving it a small squeeze.

@Midnight Maiden

[Yamashiro: Setting Sail, As A Passenger]

Yamashiro was glad that Ernesti survived the "game", but watched helplessly along with the others as the one called Starlow was brutally executed. She had seen others perish in similar fashion, but it never got easier to bear, she had realized a long time ago. She closed her eyes, put her hands together in front of her, and whispered:

"May you find happiness and peace on the other side"

When the situation changed to that of needing to embark, she took the cue from Ernesti on looking forward to the next step. They needed to progress, she realized; they might never leave this situation if they did not reach the end goal. Once she learned of the options available there was only one that she felt comfortable with. Definitely not the one that involved going inland to a hilly area. The beach was inviting, but there was one that suited the Fusou-class battleship much better.

"I would like to go to the harbor. It is something very familiar to me and I am confident in my ability to serve that area well."

She started to walk towards the second boat. She hoped one of those she had fought alongside would go along with her.

@Yun Lee @Crow @everyone

"Fine, as long as it means a use of our skills as warriors."

Alesha didn't even turn her head to respond to Ernesti, instead focusing on something else entirely. In her gaze, she made certain keep Yumeko in sight, silently observing her with a frustrated expression. While the girl had been in her assment of that so-called game, her reaction was... strange and outlandish. Let alone how she seemed to know so many of the people bothering them... was she truly an ally to their cause, or an enemy in disguise?

"Whatever. Yusuke, hurry up! We're heading to Gelato Beach!"

iYB11fi.jpg

"Sorry Yamashiro, but I think I'll be headed for Gelato Beach. I wish to accompany you, but the Sand Bird... I have to take the job. Anyways, apply what I've used on-field to yourself and your allies. We'll meet later, alright?"

Ernesti does something remniscent of a naval salute.

Ernesti then taps Luigi on the shoulder.

"Luigi, can you tell us about 'Bloopers' and 'Cataquacks'?"

@Khan of the Mardu @Mason Moretti @GelatoBeach

@Mari @thatguyinthestore

Episode Two
"Uninvited Pests"

BONNNG!

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG!

Again.

"Reprehensible."

"Well, y-you see-"
DDuDat6V0AAw1uK.jpg

JMr6UJl_d.jpg

nishinotouin-2.jpg

"...Let's not."

--------------

Starring:

In Memoriam:

All Might remained uncharacteristically silent as he decided to go to Ricco Harbor, following Jack and Yumeko into the boat. The events before hand had the hero think in silence, content with not talking for awhile unless someone decided to talk to him.
@Yun Lee @RiccoHarbor

But that was all she would endure. The bell stopped at just one swing, and the net lowered to the ground, Starlow safe and sound-maybe smarting a bit from that one ring, but otherwise still okay. As soon as she touched the floor, something odd would happen: the net would vanish, as if it never even existed. The room would still look the exact same, however, but no one was there. No Yuriko, no Luigi, not one other person but her.

"Ahem." Suddenly the room would fill with sound. "Let's test this out. State your name."

@Mason Moretti