Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at Luigi. " It's okay- it's not like he meant to hurt us. I think he's just upset about the circumstance. Besides, he's up there and we are away from him," she said, attempting to comfort the plumber.

@thatguyinthestore

Risky: Life

Result: Blade Down

Shantae and Risky stay in the air.

"This is pointless, Yuriko."

Yumeko finally spoke, eyes fixed on the girl before her. "Everyone will choose life. No one will die."

"Oh? In case you didn't notice, Yumeko, there are nine people in the air still. As long as everyone chooses life, someone will be left up, and therefore lose. In fact..."
845efada-58e7-4269-8210-9988bc0159bd.png
"...you've just given me an idea."

Turning her attention to those still in nets, Yuriko smiled. "From now on, you may only choose life. Furthermore, you will not need to gamble for it-just choose someone you want to save, and you will save them. After one person is left, though...Talon and The Doctor will have a special task before anyone is executed."

".....All Might."

"Hm?"

"I choose All Might."

"Excellent. Thank you for finally playing along, Yumeko."

Yumeko and All Might would be lowered to the ground.

@Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York @dark

Yumeko finally spoke, eyes fixed on the girl before her. "Everyone will choose life. No one will die."

"Oh? In case you didn't notice, Yumeko, there are nine people in the air still. As long as everyone chooses life, someone will be left up, and therefore lose. In fact..."
View attachment 145275

Turning her attention to those still in nets, Yuriko smiled. "From now on, you may only choose life. Furthermore, you will not need to gamble for it-just choose someone you want to save, and you will save them. After one person is left, though...Talon and The Doctor will have a special task before anyone is executed."

".....All Might."

"Hm?"

"I choose All Might."

@Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York @dark
Shantae glared down at Yuriko when the blade faced down once again for her and Risky. Though, after she spoke, Shantae piped up again.

"I'm going to vote for Risky to live again!" The half-genie announced, knowing that this time it would work.

Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at Luigi. " It's okay- it's not like he meant to hurt us. I think he's just upset about the circumstance. Besides, he's up there and we are away from him," she said, attempting to comfort the plumber.

@thatguyinthestore

"Y-yeah. I guess you're-a right." Luigi said, seeming to calm down just a small bit.

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @LuckycoolHawk9

Okay, so nothing was accomplished from that. Changing up choice, Yusuke decided to select a different individual.

NrH5LCt.png

"I choose life for Tony-san," he stated, closing his eyes afterwards.

@Yun Lee @Cromartie Sarkissian
"Oh, wow" Tony said, legitimately overwhelmed by disbelief. "That was...extraordinarily nice of you..."

Well, it appeared as if Tony was not hated by all of the island after all...either that or Yusuke didn't know him too well. At least he was safe- for now- and that's what mattered

"Not that I'm not greatful for you saving my ass, but...why? I mean, there are probably a bunch of other damsels up there in real need of a real swift rescue...if you know what I mean" He winked for the 8th time today, this time both to get his message across and out of confusion
@Yun Lee @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @mobilepost

Last edited by a moderator:
Shantae glared down at Yuriko when the blade faced down once again for her and Risky. Though, after she spoke, Shantae piped up again.

"I'm going to vote for Risky to live again!" The half-genie announced, knowing that this time it would work.
Shantae and Risky were dropped to the ground.

@Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore

Having folded her arms and grown silent in her cage, Risky Boots brooded with her face knotted up in a tight scowl. All the shouting contestants around her scrambling to save their own skins nary fazed her, but Shantae's attempts to save hers caused the lady-pirate to stir. She lurched forward in her cage to eye up the half-genie with a disbelieving smile. "Blow me down...you're serious, aren't you?" Risky said just loud enough to hear, before Shantae threw in another vote which this time sent the pirate plummeting to the floor.

fx_cine_risky_pose_1.png

After sticking a silver-medal-winning landing, Risky Boots ogled her saviour with a more knowing look than before.
"You're just like your mother," she commented with a bouncing tone which conflicted with her ever present glower.

@thatguyinthestore

Yamashiro was doing much more listening than speaking at this point, while still observing the game that was being played out among the others. Though she was somewhat confused by the rules and the objectives of the game, she did smile and jumped a little when she saw Ernesti was safe. For now?

Yusuke gave Yamashiro a nod, grateful when she answered him. "I see. I have no family myself, but perhaps I will share this tale with a good friend of mine," he replied before deciding to fold up his sketch of Alesha and return it to his pocket. He quieted afterwards, realizing that the game had begun to pick up with its new change in rules.

Yamashiro had her sister Fusou, but of course had several others she would consider as good friends in the fleet. She then smiled as she responded to Yusuke:

"Family or no, I believe you are never alone. Friends, allies, even good strangers, there is always someone on your side. And I believe they would want to hear your story".

Rita Hanson

Rita sighed a bit when Talon got to the ground, but Ernesti was also on the ground and he seemed young. That made her feel better honestly. She also was happy that the other girl and Maria made it to the ground. She breathed a sign though when Yusuke remained in the air. " To answer your question, I don't know what I am going to do later. I rather focus on here and now. Focusing on the future is good, but not right now... especially since I just watched somebody I know, a co-worker...... well, die." She quietly replied. It wasn't death, so much as a suicide, a very unstable suicide. Nobody would probably understand her predictment anyway.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @thatguyinthestore

This Rita person seemed different; not necessarily a negative way, but in a darker light? Everyone has their own stories, and not all are the same, Yamashiro understood how each being is different. And she too, could relate to death and loss of loved ones.

"I have watched helplessly as others around me perished as well. Even my own sister. I know it is not an easy thing to overcome, but we must do so. If nothing else, to serve in the memory of those we lose. And to make them proud of us living on for them."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore

View attachment 145275

".....All Might."

"Hm?"

"I choose All Might."

As All Might was lowered into the ground, he gave a slight tilt of a grateful nod to Yumeko. "You have my thanks. But we still need to finish this game. I'm afraid I can't make a choice unless I absolutely have to. Their fates aren't mine to decide." He stated, his tone serious as he watched the others who were still in the air. 'Damn.' He thought to himself, finding it quite difficult to make a decision for the entire situation. He didn't want to have anyone die, but at the same time he had no idea how to beat the game. The hero gritted his teeth, the weight of lives in his and the other's hands. He couldn't make a choice like this, it wasn't his right to choose who would live and who would die.
@Yun Lee @Others

Bowser scoffed at the doctor's comment despite the fact that he wasn't even hanging there.

"Quit tryin' tah act all tough, twerp. Me 'n you both know that yer just as scared as the rest'a these bozos." The Koopa said, obviously taking the doctor's comment as some act of courageousness.

Shantae, who heard Bowser from her own net, gritted her teeth as she glared at the Koopa.
"Oh just hush! You'd be scared too if you were trapped in one of these nets!" The half-genie shouted angrily. She was just about fed up with Bowser's attitude at this point.

Bowser just rolled his eyes in response.
"Ya, but I ain't trapped in one'a them nets, am I?"

Shantae averted Bowser's gaze for a moment when he said this. "Well n-no but--"

"But nothin'. Now shut yer trap." Bowser interrupted, earning nothing more than a groan from Shantae.

@Jeremi @dark @Yun Lee @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Verite @York @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @whoever

"Oh sorry I guess I was just caught up in the moment!" The Doctor responded to Bowser. "Besides only a fool would not feel fear! It just happens that my threshold is slightly higher then some!"

Peter looked back and forth, among each of the participants in the nets. He could pick one, he could pick ANYONE he wanted to. There were kids in the nets; there were people he vaguely knew. He noticed Rita down at the bottom, safe. That was good. At least one of the people he could call a friend was safe. He looked out, eyeing the Doctor and the young boy, Gon. Spider-Man extended a finger, pointing directly at the young boy. "He doesn't deserve this. I choose life for Gon." And that was that. His decision was final.
@Verite @Yun Lee

"A splendid choice!" The Doctor beamed happy that some others here were thinking of the children. "Now the question is, who shall I rescue?"

View attachment 145275

".....All Might."

"Hm?"

"I choose All Might."

"Ah a rule change! Splendid! Hello everyone still hanging around. I'm the Doctor!"
He shouted to everyone still in nets. "Perhaps you could tell me your names so that I know who I will rescue!"

"The people left to save are named Starlow, Colonel Mael Radec, Kusanagi, Ritsuka, and Hina," Yuriko said, pointing to each one so The Doctor would know who was who.

"Doesn't that mean we have an even number of people?"

"That's right. I believe it's time to end this, once and for all." Just like that, all nets drop to the ground. Yuriko smiled. "Now, as mentioned earlier, Talon and The Doctor have a special task. Originally, you were going to confirm whether the last person left would be the loser, or switch them out. But now, you two will be the final determiners of the loser of this game. The two of you must agree on someone to give up-as long as they're in the net, of course."

@Jeremi @Otto

Last edited by a moderator:
Rita Hanson

Rita stared as everyone was on the ground. Did that mean that there would be no-. No, it seemed that it meant the fate was in the Doctor and Talon's hands to decide who died. Talon, a vigilante who killed for reasons she would never understand and the Doctor who always wished to save people. " I don't understand. What was the point if it was ultimately going to be those two who decided. It just seems so..... unfair." Rita turned to Yamashiro and smiled. " I guess that is a reason to live, to serve their memories- though I wish I had more to serve, I only knew him for a day ( though it felt like a lifetime.)"

@Khan of the Mardu @Mari @thatguyinthestore @Safe Zone

Last edited:

View attachment 145275

".....All Might."

"Hm?"

"I choose All Might."

"The people left to save are named Starlow, Colonel Mael Radec, Kusanagi, Ritsuka, and Hina," Yuriko said, pointing to each one so The Doctor would know who was who.

"That's right. I believe it's time to end this, once and for all." Just like that, all nets drop to the ground. Yuriko smiled. "Now, as mentioned earlier, Talon and The Doctor have a special task. Originally, you were going to confirm whether the last person left would be the loser, or switch them out. But now, you two will be the final determiners of the loser of this game. The two of you must agree on someone to give up-as long as they're in the net, of course."

@Jeremi @Otto

Starlow - Nets

Starlow had been quiet for most of this game, for fear of losing herself or someone else. She saw that not everyone was succeeding and was worried for herself. It kept her paralyzed, despite the fact that shebshould be able to float, she had a suspicion that the fall would find some way to kill her. However, now the fear wrapped right back around to calling for action.

She called out to Yuriko, "Hey, how is this a fair game? You keep messing with the rules! Even if you think it's justice, it certainly isn't fair!"

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Otto

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9
colonel-radec-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-5.3.jpg

Col Mael Radec- Net

The Colonel was still in the net and frowned. He eyed the doctor who would decide their fates. "Name's Radec, let's say I ran a military academy back on Helghan."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Otto

Ritsuka would introduce herself to the group.

"Ritsuka Fujimura. I work with the Chaldea Organization. We work with historical figures to fix anomalies in the Time Stream to prevent the end of humanity." she said calmly as she adjusted herself in the net to support herself.

That wasn't really the most exact description, but it worked well enough.

@Jeremi @Otto @Yun Lee @Anyone

@Jeremi @Otto

"A situation not unfamiliar to me!" The Doctor responded. "I'm sure some with a fine sounding name like Talon will be easy to reason with and find an understanding."

colonel-radec-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-5.3.jpg

Col Mael Radec- Net

The Colonel was still in the net and frowned. He eyed the doctor who would decide their fates. "Name's Radec, let's say I ran a military academy back on Helghan."

@Yun Lee @Jeremi @Otto

The Doctor wrinkled his nose. "Sorry, not much of a fan of military types so I'm afraid that you will be left hanging!"

Ritsuka would introduce herself to the group.

"Ritsuka Fujimura. I work with the Chaldea Organization. We work with historical figures to fix anomalies in the Time Stream to prevent the end of humanity." she said calmly as she adjusted herself in the net to support herself.

That wasn't really the most exact description, but it worked well enough.

@Jeremi @Otto @Yun Lee @Anyone

"Ah! A fellow maiden of the time stream! That does sound like very important work you know! So I think that will be my choice. Life for Ritsuka Fujimura!"

@Yun Lee @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York @dark

Having folded her arms and grown silent in her cage, Risky Boots brooded with her face knotted up in a tight scowl. All the shouting contestants around her scrambling to save their own skins nary fazed her, but Shantae's attempts to save hers caused the lady-pirate to stir. She lurched forward in her cage to eye up the half-genie with a disbelieving smile. "Blow me down...you're serious, aren't you?" Risky said just loud enough to hear, before Shantae threw in another vote which this time sent the pirate plummeting to the floor.

View attachment 145279

After sticking a silver-medal-winning landing, Risky Boots ogled her saviour with a more knowing look than before.
"You're just like your mother," she commented with a bouncing tone which conflicted with her ever present glower.

@thatguyinthestore
The half-genie would smile back at Risky when she surprisingly didn't somehow find a way to insult Shantae or something here, but instead thanking her without saying "thank you."

"Don't mention it, Risky. Just because we're enemies doesn't mean I wanna see you die." Shantae said. And that was true. She didn't want to see Risky die. Especially not in some convoluted death trap like this that was supposed to serve as punishment for a crime that neither of them had committed.

As she was conversing with Risky, the half-genie took the time to look down at Maria and tap her on the shoulder.
"Are you okay, Maria?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

The half-genie would smile back at Risky when she surprisingly didn't somehow find a way to insult Shantae or something here, but instead thanking her without saying "thank you."

"Don't mention it, Risky. Just because we're enemies doesn't mean I wanna see you die." Shantae said. And that was true. She didn't want to see Risky die. Especially not in some convoluted death trap like this that was supposed to serve as punishment for a crime that neither of them had committed.

As she was conversing with Risky, the half-genie took the time to look down at Maria and tap her on the shoulder.
"Are you okay, Maria?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies

Risky Boots grinned wickedly.

fx_cine_risky_pose_4.png

"Still, out of all the innocent children and brave-hearted heroes hanging up there...you choose old salt like me to rescue? Your family line is just destined to fall for bad boys, I suppose," Risky sauntered up beside Shantae and bumped her elbow-to-elbow. "Or bad girls, in your case. Ho ho ho!~" she teased.

@thatguyinthestore @Gummi Bunnies

Talon smiled when he learned that he would be responsible for a 'special task'.

"I'm listening..."

@Jeremi @Otto
He thought aloud,

"Hmm... I wonder who is worthy enough to survive..."

He scanned the room.​
" I don't understand. What was the point if it was ultimately going to be those two who decided. It just seems so..... unfair."
Starlow - Nets

Starlow had been quiet for most of this game, for fear of losing herself or someone else. She saw that not everyone was succeeding and was worried for herself. It kept her paralyzed, despite the fact that shebshould be able to float, she had a suspicion that the fall would find some way to kill her. However, now the fear wrapped right back around to calling for action.

She called out to Yuriko, "Hey, how is this a fair game? You keep messing with the rules! Even if you think it's justice, it certainly isn't fair!"
[/USER]​
Talon raised his voice in response to what Rita and Starlow had said.

"Life isn't fair, deal with it."

If life was fair, he wouldn't have had to live in the slums of Noxus for most of his life, barely making ends meet through various criminal activities.

When he was about to turn his attention away from them, he suddenly glared at Starlow. It was clear that he was disgusted by the foreign creature. He could practically sense the frailty and weakness emanating from her body.

His attention was then caught by The Doctor.​

"A situation not unfamiliar to me!" The Doctor responded. "I'm sure some with a fine sounding name like Talon will be easy to reason with and find an understanding."
Talon destroyed The Doctor's hopes when he said, deadpanned,

"Not so fast, old man. I never compromise..."

He then examined the people at his mercy, trying to determine who was the weakest. He was going to ask them what their weapon of choice was, but that wasn't necessary. It was clear who was the most feeble of the group.

As he spoke, he tried to make his contempt for the weak less obvious, but he didn't really do a good job. Before, he had tried to keep his reputation in check... but at this point he didn't really care.

9jhKlCI.png

"Starlow has nothing to offer but weakness; they can't even hold a blade! For this reason, they must sacrifice themself for those who are more worthy."

He turned to look at The Doctor, anticipating a response.

"Don't even think about contesting my choice. It is clear that I am correct, no matter how harsh I may seem."

He looked at everyone else who was paying attention to him.

"Only the strongest survive. That is the Noxian way."

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu

"I'm listening..."

He thought aloud,

"Hmm... five people at death's door... I wonder who will be worthy enough to survive..."

If life was fair, he wouldn't have had to live in the slums of Noxus for most of his life, barely making ends meet through various criminal activities.

When he was about to turn his attention away from them, he suddenly glared at Starlow. It was clear that he was disgusted by the foreign creature. He could practically sense the frailty and weakness emanating from her body.

His attention was then caught by Radec.​

He looked at the man, a hint of admiration in his eyes.

"A soldier? Impressive..."

He then examined the people at his mercy, trying to determine who was the weakest. He was going to ask them what their weapon of choice was, but that wasn't necessary. It was clear who was the most feeble of the group.

As he spoke, he tried to make his contempt for the weak less obvious, but he didn't really do a good job. Before, he had tried to keep his reputation in check... but at this point he didn't really care.

9jhKlCI.png

"Starlow has nothing to offer but weakness; they can't even hold a blade! For this reason, they must sacrifice themself for the ones who are more worthy."

"Don't even think about contesting my choice. It is clear that I am correct, now matter how harsh I may seem."

He looked at everyone else who paid attention to him.

original.gif

"It may be your way, but there are those like myself who protect the weak. So far, there's been no need to even hold a blade and I doubt there will be any time soon." Yato countered, a glare directed towards Talon at the news of his pick. Starlow had been kind to both Hiyori and himself, and didn't deserve what she was getting. Life wasn't fair, yes, but doing something like this just plain agitated the lesser god. Even if he had no final say, he was going to let his displeasure be known regardless.

@Otto

"I'm listening..."

He thought aloud,

"Hmm... five people at death's door... I wonder who will be worthy enough to survive..."

His attention was then caught by Radec.​

He looked at the man, a hint of admiration in his eyes.

"A soldier? Impressive..."

9jhKlCI.png

"Starlow has nothing to offer but weakness; they can't even hold a blade! For this reason, they must sacrifice themself for the ones who are more worthy."

"Don't even think about contesting my choice. It is clear that I am correct, now matter how harsh I may seem."

He looked at everyone else who paid attention to him.

"Hmph. There is strength in forms other than to wield the blade, but a fine enough choice"

That was all the commentary she would provide on the decision aloud, preferring to not become any more tangled in the upcoming debate. However, within her own mind, she at least understood Talon's decision; Starlow did not appear to be the strongest and to one only mindful of military might, perhaps that's all that mattered. Besides, he was placed in a difficult position as it was, and it was not as if he could not avoid it...

That didn't mean any of them had to be happy with the choice. A laborer could be just as important as a warrior in the right situations, and that strange being was some of the group's comrade. However, they couldn't decry the man making the decision he believed was right.

She especially couldn't, given that it was the choice she might have made in the same situation.

Reactions: Takumi and Otto