Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
"Protecting your friend, are you? Let's hope for her sake you succeed." Yuriko picked up the container she'd held earlier, which was essentially an upside-down cup with a twist-off bottom, which had a small slit. Removing the bottom, she placed a tiny wooden sword inside, closed it, and shook. You would all recognize it as the sound from before.

WHAM!

The container hit the floor, bottom down, and Yuriko twisted the cup off. Those nearby would see that the blade was up-Hiyori had received life.

"Correct, Yato. Congratulations." Yato and Hiyori's nets would slowly descend to the ground. They would still be caught in them, in case one of them was sent back into the air.

"As Hiyori is now on the ground, the next turn will go to Hina."

@Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York

Yato sighed in relief that Hiyori was safe for now. He even relaxed some, and the pounding beat of his heart slowed to a more desirable pace.

Bowser scoffed at the doctor's comment despite the fact that he wasn't even hanging there.

"Quit tryin' tah act all tough, twerp. Me 'n you both know that yer just as scared as the rest'a these bozos." The Koopa said, obviously taking the doctor's comment as some act of courageousness.

Shantae, who heard Bowser from her own net, gritted her teeth as she glared at the Koopa.
"Oh just hush! You'd be scared too if you were trapped in one of these nets!" The half-genie shouted angrily. She was just about fed up with Bowser's attitude at this point.

Bowser just rolled his eyes in response.
"Ya, but I ain't trapped in one'a them nets, am I?"

Shantae averted Bowser's gaze for a moment when he said this. "Well n-no but--"

"But nothin'. Now shut yer trap." Bowser interrupted, earning nothing more than a groan from Shantae.

@Jeremi @dark @Yun Lee @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Verite @York @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @whoever

"Hey, just try to ignore the overgrown lizard. No use arguing." Yato called to Shantae with a sigh. There was no use even attempting to argue with some of the others present.

@Yun Lee @Midnight Maiden @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @dark @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crow @Verite @York @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @whoever

Bowser simply rolled his eyes and scoffed at Radec's comment.

"Then yer probably the weakest one here, seein' as yer too scared to show yer own face." Bowser said, obviously not amused by his pathetic attempt to look tough. His so called "creepy laughter" only made Bowser see him as more of a joke.

Scared_luigi.jpg

It did a good job at scaring Luigi though.

@dark @Jeremi @whoever

latest

You are just a speed bump in the road to destiny, "pal."

Radec scowls at Bowser and eyes the others, once again observing the crowd.

He still got a kick out of the fact the overgrown lizard was afraid of a meer woman.

@thatguyinthestore @everybody

latest

You are just a speed bump in the road to destiny, "pal."

Radec scowls at Bowser and eyes the others, once again observing the crowd.

He still got a kick out of the fact the overgrown lizard was afraid of a meer woman.

@thatguyinthestore @everybody

"Uhh... what?" Bowser asked, confused as to what Radec's insult was supposed to mean.

Or whatever he wanted to call it.

@dark

Ding! A small notification sound went off, and Jack picked up his phone. "Shit, just got a text...okay then. Uh, Yuriko, you're gonna wanna hurry things up. The ferry leaves in an hour."

Yuriko drummed her fingers on the container. "Ah, I've got it. You no longer have to wait your turn to vote in order to make a move. Just keep going until someone is left up in the air."

@Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York @dark

• Thank You
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
oEI7ZZH.jpg

"If that is the case, I opt to give Talon life."

@Yun Lee @Otto

Ding! A small notification sound went off, and Jack picked up his phone. "Shit, just got a text...okay then. Uh, Yuriko, you're gonna wanna hurry things up. The ferry leaves in an hour."

Yuriko drummed her fingers on the container. "Ah, I've got it. You no longer have to wait your turn to vote in order to make a move. Just keep going until someone is left up in the air."

@Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Cromartie Sarkissian @Midnight Maiden @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Jeremi @thatguyinthestore @Minerva @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Otto @Kentucky @Crow @York @dark
Ami Kawashima
@Yun Lee @Gummi Bunnies @Others?

Considering the potential power to kill someone with her own actions... Ami honestly wasn't sure what to do, though seeing that she no longer had to wait her turn to vote and make a move, she figured she'd take a stab at this. Figuratively, anyways.

Regardless of what happened, she knew that she'd have to put someone's life on the line, even if it was just momentarily. Thus, her gaze finally suddenly settled on Maria, who had abruptly awoken her from her slumber on that plane. Though she wasn't doing her "uuu" thing yet, it was only a matter of time before she started to. Looks like she found the person she'd bet the life of, though deep down... She didn't exactly feel very comfortable with that notion.

uAJHsfM.png

"I predict Maria will-... ... Live!" She said, hesitating a little.

It looks like she had contemplated choosing to save only herself... But now, both of their lives would hang in balance, or not, assuming the sword faces upwards.

Now all she had to do was wait... And so she did... As tense as she could be.​

latest
Yamashiro heard the reply; she was not aware of what went on between Rita and the man below, but understood why some people would not get along well. She remembered both being at the cafe when she first arrived there, it was full of violence and anger and both of them were there at the time.

The other one, Yusuke, asked a question about plans after the game. Was this excursion, away from her fleet, to be considered a game of some kind? She wondered in her mind about that, but then her thoughts focused back on the question.

"After this game, I anticipate preparing for my next operation with the fleet. But also, when I have some free time I would like to share the stories of this game with my sister, Fusou."

Already, she could imagine her older sister listening in disbelief about the stories of using a FLUDD, and improvising rocks and Ernesti as her aircraft in battle.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Khan of the Mardu

Yusuke gave Yamashiro a nod, grateful when she answered him. "I see. I have no family myself, but perhaps I will share this tale with a good friend of mine," he replied before deciding to fold up his sketch of Alesha and return it to his pocket. He quieted afterwards, realizing that the game had begun to pick up with its new change in rules.

ZOZYmDB.png

"I choose life for Shantae-san," he said, deciding for the moment to select at least one of the individuals he had been introduced to. He wasn't sure what would be best to say, but he had to do something, right?

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9

Talon
@Crow @Yun Lee
"If that is the case, I opt to give Talon life."
Talon raised an eyebrow at this unexpected act of kindness.

"..."
Talon: Life

Result: Blade Down

Both Ernesti and Talon remain in the air.
His eyebrows furrowed when it turned out that luck was not on their side.

Blade down? I suppose being a blade enthusiast doesn't increase my chances here...

"I choose life for him as well."

Choosing death would reduce his already negative reputation, so choosing life would obviously be the best choice.​

Peter looked back and forth, among each of the participants in the nets. He could pick one, he could pick ANYONE he wanted to. There were kids in the nets; there were people he vaguely knew. He noticed Rita down at the bottom, safe. That was good. At least one of the people he could call a friend was safe. He looked out, eyeing the Doctor and the young boy, Gon. Spider-Man extended a finger, pointing directly at the young boy. "He doesn't deserve this. I choose life for Gon." And that was that. His decision was final.
@Verite @Yun Lee

Rita Hanson

Rita sighed a bit when Talon got to the ground, but Ernesti was also on the ground and he seemed young. That made her feel better honestly. She also was happy that the other girl and Maria made it to the ground. She breathed a sign though when Yusuke remained in the air. " To answer your question, I don't know what I am going to do later. I rather focus on here and now. Focusing on the future is good, but not right now... especially since I just watched somebody I know, a co-worker...... well, die." She quietly replied. It wasn't death, so much as a suicide, a very unstable suicide. Nobody would probably understand her predictment anyway.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Khan of the Mardu @Mari @thatguyinthestore

068.png

"Thanks!" Gon called out to Peter with a gracious wave, a wide smile on his face befitting an innocent child. One would almost think that he had no hold on the gravity of the situation, but in reality, he was just glad to be able to get down from the net.

... Plus he'd been through worse group exercises before anyway.

The boy pondered if he should submit his own vote as well, but didn't want the potential of Peter's vote to be undone and face the risk of being the one to end up dying. But if just one person had to go, then it wouldn't have been the worst sacrifice Gon had to witness at the very least.

@Kentucky @Yun Lee

Okay, so nothing was accomplished from that. Changing up choice, Yusuke decided to select a different individual.

NrH5LCt.png

"I choose life for Tony-san," he stated, closing his eyes afterwards.

@Yun Lee @Cromartie Sarkissian

spidey-suit-1497549832126_400w.jpg

Peter tried his best to strike as heroic a pose as he could in the net, waving back to the kid. "Don't mention it!" He grinned underneath his mask, mind racing to see if he should gamble with his life anymore. But then he thought about New York... they'd still need saving when he got back. All of those people, all of them dead without Spider-Man. Queens, Harry, Aunt May, MJ... he couldn't bear to think of them being hurt. So he waited, looking up, fingers sticking together with sweat. One of them had to go... who it was, was very much so unknown.

@Verite

Rita Hanson

Rita looked over at who remained in the air. Who was left in the air? She wasn't sure if she knew any of their names, but they were there. She wondered what the girl who lost her friend was waiting for? Did she want to die.... " This isn't good, it seems that not many are left in the nets. Hopefully, the girls get down."

@Yun Lee @Everyone

Shantae breathed a sigh of relief when Maria was lowered safely to the ground. That would have been her vote, but because she was already safe, the half-genie would move onto her next choice.

"I vote for Risky to live!"

@Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah