Murder XIX: Trouble in Paradise

Rita Hanson- Day Two

Rita was silent as she watched Starlow, the small thing become dust. She didn't want to deal with Jack and Yunmeko was starting to scare her. While going to the beach was appealing, she needed some fresh air and time alone. She wasn't worried about a giant monster and decided to go to Bianco Hills, hoping to destress. It wasn't like things could get worse.

@thatguyinthestore @Bianco Hills

Episode Two
"Uninvited Pests"

Yuriko ignored everything Rita and Starlow said, focused solely on Talon and The Doctor. When Talon made his choice, she smiled. Taking The Doctor's comments as a sign of compliance, Yuriko nodded. "So, the decision has been made, then? All right: Starlow will be executed." There would be no time for goodbyes, no time for last words. With a snap of her fingers, Starlow's net flew up to the ceiling at record speed, right into the bell. Even in the night, Starlow would find that the bell was lined with thousands of spikes. Suddenly, the bell would move up, forcing her to slam into one side.

BONNNG!

The bell violently swung the other way.

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG!

At the twelfth ring, the group would notice something flitter to the ground. It was fine like sand, but glittered as if it were diamonds. The net would slowly descend to the ground, the inside completely covered in the glittery substance.

"No way…is that stardust?" Jack hopped off the platform and grabbed the net. "I could make a fortune off this stuff!

"How…delightful." Yuriko didn't really want to dwell on that. She would focus her attention on the group, who would now be free of their nets. "Well, um…that's the end of that. I believe you all have a ferry to catch now, so-"

"Reprehensible."

Yuriko flinched, forcing herself to turn towards Yumeko. Again, her face contorted as if she dreaded every word out of Yumeko's mouth. "I-I'm sorry?"

"You. What you've done. It's utterly reprehensible. You've made a complete mockery of what gambling stands for. Using it as a way to kill someone, an innocent little creature who did nothing wrong, due to the whims of one man…you would have been better off picking names out of a hat. That would be better than this pathetic display! Yes…one by one, a name is called, and we die. Then the rest could be free to go."

"Well, y-you see-"
DDuDat6V0AAw1uK.jpg

"But you don't take the easy way out, do you? You want us to go off and play other games, picking us off one by one. Why? Why prolong this all? Unless...there's something more to this whole ordeal. Is that it, Yuriko? Am I right?"

"No, of course not! I-!!!!!!!"

In an instant, Yumeko was in Yuriko's face.
JMr6UJl_d.jpg

"I am right, aren't I? Manipulating my memories…producing some tape of us all being criminals…revealing we were killers and now must kill each other out of nowhere…you and Kirari and your entire council has something brewing beneath the surface! There's a reason why we're all here, isn't there?! Something none of us even realize! But you know, and that's why you feel no fear! You can sit confidently and judge us all because no harm will come to you!!!"
nishinotouin-2.jpg

"I…I…" Yuriko struggled to say more. "That…that's not…no!"

Yumeko snatched the container from Yuriko. Her eyes had gone from a soft brown to a violent red, a maniacal grin on her face. It was as if she had become possessed. "No, no, no, no! Gambling is meant to strike fear into both players, with bets on the line! But what if you and I switch places?? You take a turn in the net, feel what you made us feel! After all, you took two lives! A life for a life, isn't that right?!?!?!"

"P-Please…Yumeko!!" Yuriko's pleas fell on deaf ears. Yumeko began shaking the container.
tumblr_otglftY8E71s307p6o1_500.gif

"Come on, Yuriko!!!! Don't refuse me!!!!! Let's share this thrill, this fear, this excitement!!!!!!!!"
1165E40CFB9ADAB2B62CC992717BE3EBB1EBD0D9

"L E T ' S G A M B L E ! ! ! !"

"...Let's not."

The net that had held Starlow now held Yumeko. Jack peaked over from behind her. "Last boats in the ferry line leave in ten minutes. Trust me, my boss is more of a freakshow than you, so you're gonna have to take a raincheck on that little gamble of yours." He slung the highschooler over his shoulder, and anyone who caught a glimpse of her face would see Yumeko was back to normal. Her eyes had reverted back to brown, and she had a look of surprise on her face as she was carried off. Jack looked around at the rest of the group. "Are the rest of you coming, or do you all wanna play more rounds of this game?"

With not much of a choice, everyone would be led out of the room. As the last person left, the only noise in the room would come from Yuriko. She fell forward, hands barely catching her. The dignified young girl had become disheveled in only a minute. Strands of hair flew every which way, sweat pooled down her face, and she just could not catch her breath.

"Hah…hah…hah…d-damn it!" Damn her, damn that Yumeko Jabami! No matter what, that girl just existed to wreak havoc and chaos and disrupt order and tradition!

As the fear started to gradually subside, Yuriko found herself feeling a different emotion. Guilt. She really had killed people, didn't she? Even knowing The Truth…she still took two lives, something she'd never done before. Did that…did that make her a killer? Even if she knew more than she let on, just like Yumeko guessed, and she knew what was really going on here on this island…did she still have blood on her hands?

An arm around her shoulder would shock Yuriko back into reality. "Oh!" She turned to the person next to her. "P-Pardon me, Im, uh, I just…"

"Shhhhhhhhh." I-No put a finger on Yuriko's lips, giving her a smile. "Relax. I know you just went through a cacophany of idiocy. I actually came here to bring you some tea. Figured you could unwind a little."

"…thank you." Yuriko took the cup I-No offered her. "This was more stressful than I'd thought."

"You still did a good job, dear. Switching up the rules all over like that-you succeeded in confusing them, that's for sure."

Yuriko sighed, staring into the tea. "I suppose…though, I was honestly panicking back there. I wanted things to work well, but the constant thought of killing someone…I guess I got a little stressed."

"I can imagine. That's why I added a little something special to that tea-consider it my special witch's brew." She winked, and Yuriko relaxed.

"That's very kind of you," she said, bringing the cup to her lips.

"Oh yes," I-No replied. She tapped her right index finger on her thigh, the grin on her face growing wider the more Yuriko drank. "Kindness is my specialty."

--------------

Even late at night, Delfino Plaza is warm, but at least now, there's a soft breeze that blows, especially from the ocean. There are a few clouds in the night sky, but they fail to hide the multitude of stars and the beautiful full moon.

Jack led the group to the docks, waving to those already there-who just so happen to be the police Piantas.

"Boy! What took you guys so long? We were worried we'd have to arrest you all for skipping work!"

Before anyone could speak, Jack shrugged. "Bell Tower took longer than expected." That seemed to be all anyone would be able to say on the matter.

The officers took that at face value. "I see! Well, luckily, the boats are good to go. As a thank you for cleaning up Delfino Plaza, you guys get a bit of freedom in where you head next, as well as a nice little stay on our Delfino Ferry. You'll all get to sleep in nice beds and eat delicious fruits and seafood while going to your next destinations. But in the morning, you're all working, got it?"

The other officer picked up. "These boats go to three different places-all dealing with troublesome wildlife thanks to the goop everywhere. The first boat goes up a river to Bianco Hills, a nice little community that's having issues with a giant monster. The next boat goes to Ricco Harbor, which has an infestation of Bloopers and gross oily goop. Finally, the last boat takes you to Gelato Beach, which has local Cataquack creatures jeopardizing the Sand Bird by causing the solar panels around its incubator to be unstable! Pick the job you want, then head out."

Jack walked to the Ricco Harbor boat and unceremoniously dumped Yumeko onto it. "Oh, great! All the stardust got on you!" He didn't seem to care that the stardust was technically the remains of an innocent star sprite.

(Tag @thatguyinthestore for Bianco Hills, @Yun Lee for Ricco Harbor, and @Mason Moretti for Gelato Beach)

Starring:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Risky Boots (Shantae)
@Bucky as Honoka Kousaka (Love Live!)
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Tony Stark (The Superior Iron Man)
@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Kars (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Glostechk as Tsuyu Asui (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Toshinori Yagi (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@Kentucky as Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson(Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mari as Yamashiro (KanColle)
@Midnight Maiden as Hiyori Iki (Noragami)
@Minerva as Ritsuka Fujimura (Fate/Grand Order)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Kusanagi (Phantom of the Kill)
@Takumi as Yato (Noragami)
@thatguyinthestore as Shantae (Shantae)
@The Myrmidon as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@York as Ami Kawashima (Toradora!)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)

In Memoriam:

Mary Saotome - Hit on the Head!

Nagihiko Fujisaki - Impaled!

Starlow - Turned to Dust!

The Doctor was not happy with the turn of events but right now there was nothing he could do about it, except push on. He did however very much appreciate Yumeko's verbal smackdown towards the other girl. "A cowards choice, but there's nothing we can do about it right now." He was quite brusque in his words and made his way towards the boat that was heading towards Ricco Harbor.

Seeing as All Might was someone he hadn't talked with the Doctor approached him with a grin. "Ah someone I haven't associated with. Hello I'm the Doctor, could I interest you in a jelly baby?"

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Yun Lee @Ricco Harbor

Episode Two
"Uninvited Pests"

Yuriko ignored everything Rita and Starlow said, focused solely on Talon and The Doctor. When Talon made his choice, she smiled. Taking The Doctor's comments as a sign of compliance, Yuriko nodded. "So, the decision has been made, then? All right: Starlow will be executed." There would be no time for goodbyes, no time for last words. With a snap of her fingers, Starlow's net flew up to the ceiling at record speed, right into the bell. Even in the night, Starlow would find that the bell was lined with thousands of spikes. Suddenly, the bell would move up, forcing her to slam into one side.

BONNNG!

The bell violently swung the other way.

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG!

Again.

BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG! BONNNG!

At the twelfth ring, the group would notice something flitter to the ground. It was fine like sand, but glittered as if it were diamonds. The net would slowly descend to the ground, the inside completely covered in the glittery substance.

"No way…is that stardust?" Jack hopped off the platform and grabbed the net. "I could make a fortune off this stuff!

"How…delightful." Yuriko didn't really want to dwell on that. She would focus her attention on the group, who would now be free of their nets. "Well, um…that's the end of that. I believe you all have a ferry to catch now, so-"

"Reprehensible."

Yuriko flinched, forcing herself to turn towards Yumeko. Again, her face contorted as if she dreaded every word out of Yumeko's mouth. "I-I'm sorry?"

"You. What you've done. It's utterly reprehensible. You've made a complete mockery of what gambling stands for. Using it as a way to kill someone, an innocent little creature who did nothing wrong, due to the whims of one man…you would have been better off picking names out of a hat. That would be better than this pathetic display! Yes…one by one, a name is called, and we die. Then the rest could be free to go."

"Well, y-you see-"
DDuDat6V0AAw1uK.jpg

"But you don't take the easy way out, do you? You want us to go off and play other games, picking us off one by one. Why? Why prolong this all? Unless...there's something more to this whole ordeal. Is that it, Yuriko? Am I right?"

"No, of course not! I-!!!!!!!"

In an instant, Yumeko was in Yuriko's face.
JMr6UJl_d.jpg

"I am right, aren't I? Manipulating my memories…producing some tape of us all being criminals…revealing we were killers and now must kill each other out of nowhere…you and Kirari and your entire council has something brewing beneath the surface! There's a reason why we're all here, isn't there?! Something none of us even realize! But you know, and that's why you feel no fear! You can sit confidently and judge us all because no harm will come to you!!!"
nishinotouin-2.jpg

"I…I…" Yuriko struggled to say more. "That…that's not…no!"

Yumeko snatched the container from Yuriko. Her eyes had gone from a soft brown to a violent red, a maniacal grin on her face. It was as if she had become possessed. "No, no, no, no! Gambling is meant to strike fear into both players, with bets on the line! But what if you and I switch places?? You take a turn in the net, feel what you made us feel! After all, you took two lives! A life for a life, isn't that right?!?!?!"

"P-Please…Yumeko!!" Yuriko's pleas fell on deaf ears. Yumeko began shaking the container.
tumblr_otglftY8E71s307p6o1_500.gif

"Come on, Yuriko!!!! Don't refuse me!!!!! Let's share this thrill, this fear, this excitement!!!!!!!!"
1165E40CFB9ADAB2B62CC992717BE3EBB1EBD0D9

"L E T ' S G A M B L E ! ! ! !"

"...Let's not."

The net that had held Starlow now held Yumeko. Jack peaked over from behind her. "Last boats in the ferry line leave in ten minutes. Trust me, my boss is more of a freakshow than you, so you're gonna have to take a raincheck on that little gamble of yours." He slung the highschooler over his shoulder, and anyone who caught a glimpse of her face would see Yumeko was back to normal. Her eyes had reverted back to brown, and she had a look of surprise on her face as she was carried off. Jack looked around at the rest of the group. "Are the rest of you coming, or do you all wanna play more rounds of this game?"

With not much of a choice, everyone would be led out of the room. As the last person left, the only noise in the room would come from Yuriko. She fell forward, hands barely catching her. The dignified young girl had become disheveled in only a minute. Strands of hair flew every which way, sweat pooled down her face, and she just could not catch her breath.

"Hah…hah…hah…d-damn it!" Damn her, damn that Yumeko Jabami! No matter what, that girl just existed to wreak havoc and chaos and disrupt order and tradition!

As the fear started to gradually subside, Yuriko found herself feeling a different emotion. Guilt. She really had killed people, didn't she? Even knowing The Truth…she still took two lives, something she'd never done before. Did that…did that make her a killer? Even if she knew more than she let on, just like Yumeko guessed, and she knew what was really going on here on this island…did she still have blood on her hands?

An arm around her shoulder would shock Yuriko back into reality. "Oh!" She turned to the person next to her. "P-Pardon me, Im, uh, I just…"

"Shhhhhhhhh." I-No put a finger on Yuriko's lips, giving her a smile. "Relax. I know you just went through a cacophany of idiocy. I actually came here to bring you some tea. Figured you could unwind a little."

"…thank you." Yuriko took the cup I-No offered her. "This was more stressful than I'd thought."

"You still did a good job, dear. Switching up the rules all over like that-you succeeded in confusing them, that's for sure."

Yuriko sighed, staring into the tea. "I suppose…though, I was honestly panicking back there. I wanted things to work well, but the constant thought of killing someone…I guess I got a little stressed."

"I can imagine. That's why I added a little something special to that tea-consider it my special witch's brew." She winked, and Yuriko relaxed.

"That's very kind of you," she said, bringing the cup to her lips.

"Oh yes," I-No replied. She tapped her right index finger on her thigh, the grin on her face growing wider the more Yuriko drank. "Kindness is my specialty."

--------------

Even late at night, Delfino Plaza is warm, but at least now, there's a soft breeze that blows, especially from the ocean. There are a few clouds in the night sky, but they fail to hide the multitude of stars and the beautiful full moon.

Jack led the group to the docks, waving to those already there-who just so happen to be the police Piantas.

"Boy! What took you guys so long? We were worried we'd have to arrest you all for skipping work!"

Before anyone could speak, Jack shrugged. "Bell Tower took longer than expected." That seemed to be all anyone would be able to say on the matter.

The officers took that at face value. "I see! Well, luckily, the boats are good to go. As a thank you for cleaning up Delfino Plaza, you guys get a bit of freedom in where you head next, as well as a nice little stay on our Delfino Ferry. You'll all get to sleep in nice beds and eat delicious fruits and seafood while going to your next destinations. But in the morning, you're all working, got it?"

The other officer picked up. "These boats go to three different places-all dealing with troublesome wildlife thanks to the goop everywhere. The first boat goes up a river to Bianco Hills, a nice little community that's having issues with a giant monster. The next boat goes to Ricco Harbor, which has an infestation of Bloopers and gross oily goop. Finally, the last boat takes you to Gelato Beach, which has local Cataquack creatures jeopardizing the Sand Bird by causing the solar panels around its incubator to be unstable! Pick the job you want, then head out."

Jack walked to the Ricco Harbor boat and unceremoniously dumped Yumeko onto it. "Oh, great! All the stardust got on you!" He didn't seem to care that the stardust was technically the remains of an innocent star sprite.

(Tag @thatguyinthestore for Bianco Hills, @Yun Lee for Ricco Harbor, and @Mason Moretti for Gelato Beach)

Starring:

@Archmage Jeremiah as Risky Boots (Shantae)
@Bucky as Honoka Kousaka (Love Live!)
@Cromartie Sarkissian as Tony Stark (The Superior Iron Man)
@Crow as Ernesti Echavalier (Knights & Magic)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Kars (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure)
@dark as Colonel Mael Radec (Killzone)
@Glostechk as Tsuyu Asui (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Gummi Bunnies as Maria Ushiromiya (Umineko no Naku Koro ni
@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X as Toshinori Yagi (Boku no Hero Academia)
@Jeremi as The Fourth Doctor (Doctor Who)
@Kaykay as Hina (Hinamatsuri)
@Kentucky as Peter Parker (The Amazing Spiderman)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Yusuke Kitagawa (Persona 5)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Rita Hanson(Groundhog Day: The Musical)
@Mari as Yamashiro (KanColle)
@Midnight Maiden as Hiyori Iki (Noragami)
@Minerva as Ritsuka Fujimura (Fate/Grand Order)
@Otto as Talon (League of Legends)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Kusanagi (Phantom of the Kill)
@Takumi as Yato (Noragami)
@thatguyinthestore as Shantae (Shantae)
@The Myrmidon as Alesha, Who Smiles at Death (Magic: the Gathering)
@Verite as Gon Freeces (Hunter X Hunter)
@York as Ami Kawashima (Toradora!)
@Yun Lee as Yumeko Jabami (Kakegurui)

In Memoriam:

Mary Saotome - Hit on the Head!

Nagihiko Fujisaki - Impaled!

Starlow - Turned to Dust!

With both brows raised high and head cocked back, Risky Boots' knowing grin grew in light of Shantae's response. "You're as red as Squid Baron, and stammering like you're walking the plank!" she exclaimed in rebuttal, "Remember what I said earlier? You don't think, you feel," Risky explained with a chuckle, "Besides, I never explicitly accused you of falling for me; I was teasing!"

View attachment 145334

"Jumping to such a conclusion says something, though, doesn't it?~"

Exiting the belltower with nary a passing thought of Starlow, Risky Boots breathed in deep the salty coastline air, relieved to be free of one damaged mind...while casually leading Shantae and Maria away from the other accompanying them to the docks. Risky grumbled as the pot-bellied Pianta stopped their troupe and spoke his peace. "I almost forgot...we're here for community service," she commented with disdain, before looking over the fork in the road before her. Spending the moment to gauge the threat described for each location, and her ability to potentially deal with such threats, she turned to Shantae. "I say we tackle Ricco Harbour, unless-" Risky was interrupted by the sound of Yumeko tumbling into the boat destined for Ricco Harbour, and the lady-pirate experienced a swift change of heart.

"On second thought, you two choose,"

@thatguyinthestore

@Gummi Bunnies

"Oh r-right. Just teasing." Shantae said, looking extremely embarrassed as she scratched the back of her neck. Once they had made their way out of this so-called "game" and were presented with three more options, Shantae shrugged towards Risky when she asked where she wanted to go.

"I don't know. The harbor does sound nice." Shantae stated. Scuttle Town had a nice harbor. So maybe this one would be similar to the one there?

"What about you, Maria?" Shantae asked as she looked down towards the young girl. "Where do you wanna go?"

@Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies
Even after all that's happened, Maria didn't seem to be that unnerved by it all...

tumblr_inline_nulykwzKY71typ8ok_100.png

❝ Uu, I was thinking Bianco Hills? ❞ The young girl smiled a bit once she suggested a spot for them to go.

@Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore

• Love
Reactions: LuckycoolHawk9

250px-RHarbor.png

Those going to Ricco Harbor would notice right away that it was a bustling little port. Pianta sailors were hard at work trying to clean up oily goop on boats and nearby docks, while you could see some activity over on the other side of the harbor. You could also see some chainlink walkways up above, which seem to go up for quite a ways.

One of the sailors appeoaches you all. "Are you guys the cleanup crew? They told us you'd be helping with the Blooper problem. You're gonna wana go down towards the other end of the harbor-ask for a fella named Leeds." It seems the walkway isn't part of cleanup, but if you feel like adventurous, maybe you can sneak off to explore it.

@Mari @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Ricco Harbor​

But that was all she would endure. The bell stopped at just one swing, and the net lowered to the ground, Starlow safe and sound-maybe smarting a bit from that one ring, but otherwise still okay. As soon as she touched the floor, something odd would happen: the net would vanish, as if it never even existed. The room would still look the exact same, however, but no one was there. No Yuriko, no Luigi, not one other person but her.

"Ahem." Suddenly the room would fill with sound. "Let's test this out. State your name."

@Mason Moretti

Starlow - ???
@Yun Lee

"Ah! Who is there?!" Starlow cried. The sudden sound made her eyes open wide. She jumped into the air in her shock, hovering only a foot off the ground.

She did her best to compose herself, yet she remained tense throughout. She inhaled a deep, relaxing breath. Although still nervous, she said, "My name is Starlow."

The Doctor was not happy with the turn of events but right now there was nothing he could do about it, except push on. He did however very much appreciate Yumeko's verbal smackdown towards the other girl. "A cowards choice, but there's nothing we can do about it right now." He was quite brusque in his words and made his way towards the boat that was heading towards Ricco Harbor.

Seeing as All Might was someone he hadn't talked with the Doctor approached him with a grin. "Ah someone I haven't associated with. Hello I'm the Doctor, could I interest you in a jelly baby?"

"A jelly belly?" All Might asked, his silence breaking upon seeing the doctor. "Hmm, those are the bean shaped candies right? I'm afraid I'll have to decline on that. Thanks for the offer but a hero like myself has to watch what he eats." He grinned as he patted his stomach for added emphasis.

As they arrived on the island All Might listened to what the sailor had to say. "Bloopers huh? Never heard of them. But we'll do out best to get rid of them for you." As he looked, he saw the walkway and was curious as to where it lead to. He would plan on exploring the walkway. While a hero did have an obligation to help those in need, he thought that maybe exploring the walkway would be of more help in the long run. Besides, the others seemed capable enough without his help.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @HarborPeeps

"Oh, I wanted to thank you for saving my life back there." Ritsuka said. "Perhaps if we have time, we can compare notes about time travel." she smiled at him and brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

250px-RHarbor.png

Those going to Ricco Harbor would notice right away that it was a bustling little port. Pianta sailors were hard at work trying to clean up oily goop on boats and nearby docks, while you could see some activity over on the other side of the harbor. You could also see some chainlink walkways up above, which seem to go up for quite a ways.

One of the sailors appeoaches you all. "Are you guys the cleanup crew? They told us you'd be helping with the Blooper problem. You're gonna wana go down towards the other end of the harbor-ask for a fella named Leeds." It seems the walkway isn't part of cleanup, but if you feel like adventurous, maybe you can sneak off to explore it.

@Mari @Archmage Jeremiah @Minerva @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Ricco Harbor​

When they arrived at the harbor, Ritsuka took in a deep breath of that fresh sea breeze. She began to walk down the harbor towards Leeds, looking around as she did so.

@Jeremi @Mari @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Ricco Harbor

"A jelly belly?" All Might asked, his silence breaking upon seeing the doctor. "Hmm, those are the bean shaped candies right? I'm afraid I'll have to decline on that. Thanks for the offer but a hero like myself has to watch what he eats." He grinned as he patted his stomach for added emphasis.

As they arrived on the island All Might listened to what the sailor had to say. "Bloopers huh? Never heard of them. But we'll do out best to get rid of them for you." As he looked, he saw the walkway and was curious as to where it lead to. He would plan on exploring the walkway. While a hero did have an obligation to help those in need, he thought that maybe exploring the walkway would be of more help in the long run. Besides, the others seemed capable enough without his help.

@Jeremi @Yun Lee @HarborPeeps

PDX9cEg.png

"I'm sorry is there anything we can do?"
The Doctor responded to the jelly baby rejection and was instead ready to pop it into his own mouth when...​

"Oh, I wanted to thank you for saving my life back there." Ritsuka said. "Perhaps if we have time, we can compare notes about time travel." she smiled at him and brushed a strand of hair out of her face.

When they arrived at the harbor, Ritsuka took in a deep breath of that fresh sea breeze. She began to walk down the harbor towards Leeds, looking around as she did so.

@Jeremi @Mari @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Ricco Harbor

Deciding to instead give Ritsuka the Jelly Baby followed by a grin. "Oh think nothing of it Ritsuka! I was just doing my duty as best as I could!" With the mention of time travel the Doctor opted to follow Ritsuka towards instead of lending All Might a hand, figuring he seemed well enough to take care of himself.

Hnpjvu9.png

"Yes! Time travel! I dabble in it you know! It's a shame I can't show you my craft, having been so rudely shunted into this little mystery vacation! Mind you had I booked this vacation I am certain I'd be asking for my money back right about now!"

@Minerva @Mari @J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Ricco Harbor

Reactions: Takumi

250px-RHarbor.png

One of the sailors appeoaches you all. "Are you guys the cleanup crew? They told us you'd be helping with the Blooper problem. You're gonna wanna go down towards the other end of the harbor-ask for a fella named Leeds." It seems the walkway isn't part of cleanup, but if you feel like adventurous, maybe you can sneak off to explore it.​
Deciding to instead give Ritsuka the Jelly Baby followed by a grin. "Oh think nothing of it Ritsuka! I was just doing my duty as best as I could!" With the mention of time travel the Doctor opted to follow Ritsuka towards instead of lending All Might a hand, figuring he seemed well enough to take care of himself.

Hnpjvu9.png

"Yes! Time travel! I dabble in it you know! It's a shame I can't show you my craft, having been so rudely shunted into this little mystery vacation! Mind you had I booked this vacation I am certain I'd be asking for my money back right about now!"
137.png

"Time travel? So under normal circumstances, would you be able to... like, go back in time whenever you made any sort of mistake, like losing a fight? Or even go forward at any time? Sounds really convenient!" Gon piped in eagerly, the small boy walking alongside the Doctor and Ritsuka, among others, following them down the other end of the harbor.

"Or... maybe when we get out of this place, you could go back and stop any of this from ever happening? That'd really come in handy!"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Mari @Harbor

Even after all that's happened, Maria didn't seem to be that unnerved by it all...

tumblr_inline_nulykwzKY71typ8ok_100.png

❝ Uu, I was thinking Bianco Hills? ❞ The young girl smiled a bit once she suggested a spot for them to go.

@Archmage Jeremiah @thatguyinthestore
"Alright, Bianco Hills sounds fine." Shantae said with a nod. Whether or Risky Boots agreed and followed, the half-genie would head to that location.

@Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah

Luigi turned to face Ernesti when she inquired about the two enemies. He had been really quiet since Starlow's death. He hadn't really seen another person die before. Well they always jumped on goombas and koopas and other enemies, but that was different.

"Oh! Bloopers are kinda like squids except they're-a small and white. I don't know what a cataquack is though." Luigi said. Maybe Mario knew what the latter was, seeing as he'd been on quite a few more adventures than Luigi had, and more than likely had encountered more enemies than he had.

"I'm-a going to stay here. I need some time to myself." Luigi said to the group as a whole.

@Crow

137.png

"Time travel? So under normal circumstances, would you be able to... like, go back in time whenever you made any sort of mistake, like losing a fight? Or even go forward at any time? Sounds really convenient!" Gon piped in eagerly, the small boy walking alongside the Doctor and Ritsuka, among others, following them down the other end of the harbor.

"Or... maybe when we get out of this place, you could go back and stop any of this from ever happening? That'd really come in handy!"

@Jeremi @Minerva @Yun Lee @Mari @Harbor

The Doctor was happy to see that there was someone here interested to hearing him talk. "Well I could, but who knows what effect that would have on the time stream! You see time isn't a straight line of sorts. Think of it more as a ball of twine. The further you roll out the further you unravel! I meddle with time, but only to a point. Speaking of points there are fixed points in time that can not under any circumstances mess with." He took a jelly baby from the bag and showed it to Gon and Ritsuka.

"Imagine this baby is the single most vilest being you can imagine. They will lay waste to an entire world as war ravages before they are finally put down. Millions and millions of lives are lost in the war. But..." The Doctor popped the candy into his mouth. "What if you go back in time and kill them as a baby, hmm? Imagine all the lives you could save...or perhaps brings forth even greater devastation? And the less said about fixed points in time the better, where tampering would cause entire realities to die. To try and tamper with this vacation welllll...I dare not think of the consequences." He grinned before looking down at both Gon and Ritsuka. "It all makes sense, right?"

"You can time travel?" Yumeko looked up at the Doctor, amazed. She was back to being her chipper self, though her hair still twinkled from bits of stardust still inside. "How amazing! I've only ever read about that in books...I never imagined actually meeting one, though!"

Those heading to the other side of the harbor would get a very special greeting.

"FUCK OFF, YOU LITTLE SONS OF BITCHES!"

A further investigation would reveal that it was not directed at you-rather, it was directed at a swarm of strange squidlike creatures.
180px-Blooperghoul.png

They appear to be swarming a man, who's now buried in them.

"Shit! S-Someone! Anyone! Help me out here!!"

@Jeremi @Verite @Minerva @BlooperTask

-----------

All Might would find the walkways had three levels to them. And it looked like on the third, there was something sparkling. But he would also see that there were small, yet powerful, gusts of wind blowing all over. He would need to be careful to avoid getting blown off...

(OOC Note: Each time you try to go up a level, roll a six-sided dice. I'll roll a dice, and if you get higher than me, All Might stays on. Get lower, however, and he's knocked down a level.)

@J A Y F R OM T H E 6 I X @Walkway

------------

"Who I am doesn't matter right now. But you got your name right, so that's a good thing. What's the last thing you remember?"

@Mason Moretti @Afterlife​

The Doctor was happy to see that there was someone here interested to hearing him talk. "Well I could, but who knows what effect that would have on the time stream! You see time isn't a straight line of sorts. Think of it more as a ball of twine. The further you roll out the further you unravel! I meddle with time, but only to a point. Speaking of points there are fixed points in time that can not under any circumstances mess with." He took a jelly baby from the bag and showed it to Gon and Ritsuka.

"Imagine this baby is the single most vilest being you can imagine. They will lay waste to an entire world as war ravages before they are finally put down. Millions and millions of lives are lost in the war. But..." The Doctor popped the candy into his mouth. "What if you go back in time and kill them as a baby, hmm? Imagine all the lives you could save...or perhaps brings forth even greater devastation? And the less said about fixed points in time the better, where tampering would cause entire realities to die. To try and tamper with this vacation welllll...I dare not think of the consequences." He grinned before looking down at both Gon and Ritsuka. "It all makes sense, right?"

"You can time travel?" Yumeko looked up at the Doctor, amazed. She was back to being her chipper self, though her hair still twinkled from bits of stardust still inside. "How amazing! I've only ever read about that in books...I never imagined actually meeting one, though!"

Those heading to the other side of the harbor would get a very special greeting.

A further investigation would reveal that it was not directed at you-rather, it was directed at a swarm of strange squidlike creatures.
180px-Blooperghoul.png

-----------

All Might would find the walkways had three levels to them. And it looked like on the third, there was something sparkling. But he would also see that there were small, yet powerful, gusts of wind blowing all over. He would need to be careful to avoid getting blown off...

(OOC Note: Each time you try to go up a level, roll a six-sided dice. I'll roll a dice, and if you get higher than me, All Might stays on. Get lower, however, and he's knocked down a level.)

------------

"Who I am doesn't matter right now. But you got your name right, so that's a good thing. What's the last thing you remember?"

Ritsuka' eyes went wide. "That sounds a lot like what I do, Doctor. Well, me and Mash along with the various Servants summoned in that era and the guidance of Doctor Romani." Ritsuka said. "We fix anomalies at Fixed points in the timestream that will lead to the extinction of the human race. We've been all sorts of places..." she said, drifting off in her speech.

Arriving at the Harbor, she would see the man covered up by the squid monsters. "Sir, are you okay?!" she shouted. "Hold on a second!"

She would Attempt to spray some with her FLUDD

@Mari @Jeremi @Verite

180px-Blooperghoul.png

-----------

------------

Before the Doctor could respond they found themselves in a sea of calamari. "It would appear there is someone in need of rescue." The Doctor was quite giddy to finally try out the FLUDD device on his back. "Perhaps we should give them a hand?" The Doctor attempted to spray the lowest Bloopers piling on the man before working himself upwards. "I feel like a firetruck!"

@Jeremi @Verite @Minerva @BlooperTask​

180px-Blooperghoul.png

-----------

------------

latest

Yamashiro chose to go along with those at ground level. She was not happy about the idea of going to high elevations, so it was a very easy choice for her.

Squids were harmless creatures to the battleship, but the man seemed to be under distress from them. And these seemed very... different from what she was accustomed to seeing in the waters of the Pacific Ocean. The others were already using the FLUDDS to try to drive them away, and looking at the numbers Yamashiro felt like their efforts were enough to accomplish that. Still, he might be in shock and not move, she thought, like a disabled ship might. And the struggle would continue endlessly. So she rushed towards the man and would try to get him away from the situation:

"I shall try to pull him away from the squid creatures!"

@Minerva @Verite @Jeremi @Yun Lee

"It all makes sense, right?"
tumblr_ofda3a_Fj_Id1sig265o1_250.png

"Yeah, I think I get it!"

He didn't get it at all.​

180px-Blooperghoul.png

"Uwah! Looks like that guy could really use our help!"

Gon exclaimed, doing as Ritsuka and the Doctor did and also attempting to spray at the squid creatures with his FLUDD. He nearly rushed in by himself to physically pry them off, but then remembered at the last moment the mysterious nullification of his Nen abilities, which even extended to some of his natural physical ability as well. In any other situation, he would have been able to pry the creatures off with his bare hands no problem, given his zoological proficiency, but alas, times were tough.

@Minerva @Jeremi @Yun Lee @Mari @BlooperTask

Last edited:

300px-Bianco_Hills_Top.png

Those of you who decided to visit Bianco Hills would notice that that the atmosphere was surprisingly calming and relaxing, especially considering the fact that there was allegedly a monster running around terrorizing the place.

All was going well, it seemed, until a non-specific female Pianta appeared and approached your group.

"Oh thank goodness! You must be here to stop that retched monster!" She exclaimed, which earned a nod from Shantae.

"Yup! Just tell us where this monster is and we'll take care of him in a jiffy!" The half-genie exclaimed with a nod, earning what sounded like a relived sigh from the Pianta.

"He's up on the roof of that windmill over there." She said as she pointed to a location that was within the group's eyesight. If you were to look, you would indeed find a windmill, which conviently had platforms that took you directly to the roof.

Shantae would nod in response, giving the Pianta a thumbs up. "Don't worry! We'll teach this monster a lesson!" The half-genie exclaimed with an eager smile.

"Oh thank you so much! Do be careful, though!"

The trek up to the windmill wasn't terrible, and eventually you would all find yourselves on the roof thanks to those conviently placed platforms. If one were to pay close enough attention, you would notice what looked like green and red vines with thorns protruding out of the sides of the windmill. Once you made your way up to the roof you wouldn't see even the smallest hint of a monster, oddly enough.

Shantae would look around for a moment and scratch her head in confusion.
"That's.... odd. Where's the monst--"

CRASH!!!

Before Shantae could finish her thought, her question was answered for her.

latest

The beast would let out an ear piercing screech towards the group once it saw you. As soon as it did so, however, the ground beneath you would begin to crack. After a moment of silence between you and the beast, the ceiling beneath you would collapse as the entire group, including Petey Piranha, fell to the ground below.

Once you regained your footing, you'd find that luckily no one was hurt. Sadly, this included Petey Pirahna, who would let out yet another ear splitting screech before taking a moment to inhale and spit a huge clump of brown goop towards Rita.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @PeteyPirahnaFight

Rita Hanson

Rita would have taken a moment to recompose herself after the fall from the high height.... if the monster hadn't spat a huge clump of bad goop at her. She attempted to spray it so that it wouldn't hit her. She had a feeling it would. God dammnit, could she not catch a break?

@Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Bianco Hills

The squid creatures would be stunned by the watery blasts, but that didn't seem to get rid of them. It did, however, buy Yamashiro and Yumeko enough time to pull the man out from their way.

"Fuckin' calamari pieces of shit..." He was pretty beaten up from the attack.
19761731_1802518850038145_1858025976353521664_n.jpg

"Are you all right, sir?"

"Yeah, I'm fan-fuckin'-tastic, kid. Nothin' is better than gettin' trampled by a dozen stupid fuckin' squids!" He may not be dressed like a sailor, but he sure swore like one.

The squids that weren't sprayed now turned to the group spraying water at them. Hoping to stop the attacks, the squids began shooting small sprays of oily goop of their own at everyone nearby!

@Jeremi @Verite @Mari @Minerva @Bloopers​

300px-Bianco_Hills_Top.png

Those of you who decided to visit Bianco Hills would notice that that the atmosphere was surprisingly calming and relaxing, especially considering the fact that there was allegedly a monster running around terrorizing the place.

All was going well, it seemed, until a non-specific female Pianta appeared and approached your group.

"Oh thank goodness! You must be here to stop that retched monster!" She exclaimed, which earned a nod from Shantae.

"Yup! Just tell us where this monster is and we'll take care of him in a jiffy!" The half-genie exclaimed with a nod, earning what sounded like a relived sigh from the Pianta.

"He's up on the roof of that windmill over there." She said as she pointed to a location that was within the group's eyesight. If you were to look, you would indeed find a windmill, which conviently had platforms that took you directly to the roof.

Shantae would nod in response, giving the Pianta a thumbs up. "Don't worry! We'll teach this monster a lesson!" The half-genie exclaimed with an eager smile.

"Oh thank you so much! Do be careful, though!"

The trek up to the windmill wasn't terrible, and eventually you would all find yourselves on the roof thanks to those conviently placed platforms. If one were to pay close enough attention, you would notice what looked like green and red vines with thorns protruding out of the sides of the windmill. Once you made your way up to the roof you wouldn't see even the smallest hint of a monster, oddly enough.

Shantae would look around for a moment and scratch her head in confusion.
"That's.... odd. Where's the monst--"

CRASH!!!

Before Shantae could finish her thought, her question was answered for her.

latest

The beast would let out an ear piercing screech towards the group once it saw you. As soon as it did so, however, the ground beneath you would begin to crack. After a moment of silence between you and the beast, the ceiling beneath you would collapse as the entire group, including Petey Piranha, fell to the ground below.

Once you regained your footing, you'd find that luckily no one was hurt. Sadly, this included Petey Pirahna, who would let out yet another ear splitting screech before taking a moment to inhale and spit a huge clump of brown goop towards Rita.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @Archmage Jeremiah @PeteyPirahnaFight

Rita Hanson

Rita would have taken a moment to recompose herself after the fall from the high height.... if the monster hadn't spat a huge clump of bad goop at her. She attempted to spray it so that it wouldn't hit her. She had a feeling it would. God dammnit, could she not catch a break?

@Gummi Bunnies @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah @Bianco Hills
So much for taking care of a problematic monster, Maria was surprised that they were unharmed by that fall. With her short-tracked mind, she presumed that "Beatrice" protected them again.

tumblr_inline_nulyl5Qm8c1typ8ok_100.png

❝ Uu! Leave her alone! ❞
Using her FLUDD, Maria sprayed at the monster, aiming towards it's mouth once it tried spitting out goop. She thought that attacking this way and cleaning up the goop possibly at the same time sounded like it could work.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @thatguyinthestore @Archmage Jeremiah
@BiancoHills