Status
Not open for further replies.
katana0323copy.jpg

"Well. Now that that's over with..."

Shichika sighed, rubbed his head, and walked through the doors.

@York @Kaykay @Jeremi @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9

Last edited:
Kara Danvers

" I guess we should go and grab the tablets and head back out to the main room. Perhaps we could help out some other people if this place will let us," she suggested, hoping that they liked her idea.

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @Gands @York @West Door

Connor Walsh

Connor searched through his bag before he found the sword he had picked in the RWBY world. He would keep the sniping rifle for the final world. " Spikes, catch, this should be able to defeat the enemy," he said, throwing the sword to him. If he didn't catch it or ignored him, he would go and grab it to save for later.

@Otto @Krieg @Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @East Door

Last edited:
@Mason Moretti @Krieg @Takumi (JD) @LuckycoolHawk9 (Connor)
@EastDoor

Mipha found that the door had locked behind her, but fortunately... It looked like she was able to grab up the tablets just in time, so there was that at least.

Eygon in the meantime was able to find an opening as the creature suddenly caused the ground below it to shake... Throwing up all sorts of red hot chunks of debris from some unknown plane of existence, and as a result, his hammer was able to land a clean hit on the creature's head, though it did not quite open up yet... Looks like it might need just a bit more trauma.

Connor Walsh

Connor searched through his bag before he found the sword he had picked in the RWBY world. He would keep the sniping rifle for the final world. " Spikes, catch, this should be able to defeat the enemy," he said, throwing the sword to him.

@Otto @Krieg @Takumi @Mason Moretti @York @East Door

"Sir soldier," she called, referring to Eygon, "Might you be able to hit this debris back at this creature who is launching it? Perhaps that shall open its maw!"

Mipha remembered Link using a similar trick to defeat Octorocks, which launched projectiles from a distance.

@York @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Takumi (JD) @LuckycoolHawk9 (Connor)​

@Takumi (Shion)
@NorthDoor

While the tablet did not really reflect the lasers from the turrets coming from the walls... It certainly did... Something!

The red tablet he held in front of him suddenly glowed, before he felt a mysterious, fiery energy fill his body, as time itself seemed to stop for a moment, and bursts of what looked like hot magma shot forth from the tablet itself, hitting, and demolishing all the turrets in the room... And while one also struck the machine, and it took some damage... The machine seemed to have absorbed some sort of energy from the damage it took.

Seeing this, the woman quickly snatched the white tablet that happened to be laying near her, and tossed it towards Shion... Who may notice that the red tablet he was holding had become dim, at least for now.

"One more! Just... Gotta get close enough to finish this..." She muttered, looking intently at the machine.

Though the battle appeared to be going in their favor, it was evident that the woman was concerned about something, likely related to that machine, as long as it stayed active like it was.

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 (Kara)
@WestDoor

The creature's mental attack was crude... Rudimentary. Nothing nearly as advanced as the sort of influence that had been projected onto Kara during their battle with strange, alien creatures. As a result, Seisa was easily able to escape from its mental influence, and as a result, her ability was able to effectively disperse the mental influence the creature had.

Howlett in the meantime, while his claws could not penetrate the creature's power half, were able to dig into it just enough to reach the poor beast's skull, and cleave clean through it, causing its upper half to wilt and wither... Followed by its lower half, causing the entire thing to keel over.

Looks like the creature was defeated for now, and as a result the doors leading to the area were open, and the mental influence the creature once had on the group here was lifted.

@EastDoor

Mipha found that the door had locked behind her, but fortunately... It looked like she was able to grab up the tablets just in time, so there was that at least.

Eygon in the meantime was able to find an opening as the creature suddenly caused the ground below it to shake... Throwing up all sorts of red hot chunks of debris from some unknown plane of existence, and as a result, his hammer was able to land a clean hit on the creature's head, though it did not quite open up yet... Looks like it might need just a bit more trauma.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Crow
@Afterlife

Ben would find that even with Molestache's immense strength, he was unable to pick up the up the creatures, as it was too heavy, and rather spiny. However, as soon as he took on his Humgungous form, he was able to knock some of the creature's out of the way, before the creatures upon the mountain started raining down corrosive, spiky projectiles down on the group.

A2, found it rather difficult for her blade to penetrate their shells, however... She did notice that they may be weaker at their head segments.

Howlett sheathed his claws as the monsters fell. "Everyone alright?"

Danielle clutched her head but the pain was starting to subside. "I will be, once we get this over with."

"Then let's get a move on." With that they headed for the doors to the new area.

"Sir soldier," she called, referring to Eygon, "Might you be able to hit this debris back at this creature who is launching it? Perhaps that shall open its maw!"

The creature was proving more difficult to defeat than Eygon originally thought, causing him to become impatient and annoyed by pretty much everything about this situation. Why was he the one doing all the work? Why was this monster so resilient? He was about to insult everyone about their lack of combat capability, but before he could do so, Mipha adressed him respectfully and suggested a plan.

"Hmmm... Perhaps I could."

He turned his attention to the airborne debris and thought about whether the strategy would work or not. He knew that he could hit the debris back toward their enemy, but after hitting it back, the speed at which it would travel would most likely be unsatisfactory; his left arm was sore from blocking several spikes earlier and his right arm was weakened by one that had slipped through his block.

It seemed that brute strength wouldn't be the solution here. There was an alternative, though. Faith.

cUEjd4I.gif

Eygon quickly two-handed his mace and slammed the head of it onto the ground, emitting a divine shockwave that would most certainly reflect some debris back toward the monster at a high speed. He made sure to position himself at the correct angle so that the debris would mostly fly toward the maw of the beast. If the eye was made vulnerable afterward, he would conjure a Lightning Spear and throw it at the eye.

Last edited:
@Takumi (Shion)
@NorthDoor

As soon as Shion raised the tablet, a beam of bright light shot out from the tablet, hitting the machine... Damaging it further, but it seemed to have absorbed the energy from the attack.

The tablet's glow faded as well, the machine began to vibrate and whirr, as it looked like it was ready to unleash something. Just before it could though, the woman quickly managed to stab her sword straight into the machine, twisting it around a little before she let go of it alltogether.

Sprinting to where Shion was, they both observed the machine seem to collapse and falter, various alarms blaring from within, before it fell to the ground... Fizzling out.

Not long after, the doors to the room unlocked, allowing Shion and the woman to leave the room, and return to the area they started at.

@WestDoor

Those that had gone through the west door, would find that while there were no other exits, the door they had entered through was unlocked now, and they were able to return to the area they started at, joining up with the others.

@EastDoor

Seeing that the creature's head was already battered as is, the red hot debris it had launched from below them did a number on the creature, when Eygon successfully reflected the debris towards its head... Causing its maw to open as it let out one last, earth shattering roar before a lightning spear hit the thing clean in its eye.

Already having been battered from before, there was no way the creature's head could take the damage, and instead... It was nearly completely demolished, leaving behind only its shell, which started to desintegrate into a thick, black smoke as the doors that lead to the area they started in were unsealed.

Looks like they were able to return from whence they came, to join up with the others... With the tablets they had acquired, of course.​

@Takumi (Shion)
@NorthDoor

As soon as Shion raised the tablet, a beam of bright light shot out from the tablet, hitting the machine... Damaging it further, but it seemed to have absorbed the energy from the attack.

The tablet's glow faded as well, the machine began to vibrate and whirr, as it looked like it was ready to unleash something. Just before it could though, the woman quickly managed to stab her sword straight into the machine, twisting it around a little before she let go of it alltogether.

Sprinting to where Shion was, they both observed the machine seem to collapse and falter, various alarms blaring from within, before it fell to the ground... Fizzling out.

Not long after, the doors to the room unlocked, allowing Shion and the woman to leave the room, and return to the area they started at.

@WestDoor

Those that had gone through the west door, would find that while there were no other exits, the door they had entered through was unlocked now, and they were able to return to the area they started at, joining up with the others.

@EastDoor

Seeing that the creature's head was already battered as is, the red hot debris it had launched from below them did a number on the creature, when Eygon successfully reflected the debris towards its head... Causing its maw to open as it let out one last, earth shattering roar before a lightning spear hit the thing clean in its eye.

Already having been battered from before, there was no way the creature's head could take the damage, and instead... It was nearly completely demolished, leaving behind only its shell, which started to desintegrate into a thick, black smoke as the doors that lead to the area they started in were unsealed.

Looks like they were able to return from whence they came, to join up with the others... With the tablets they had acquired, of course.​

Mipha quickly hurried into the main room, tablets in hand.

@York @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Takumi (JD) @LuckycoolHawk9 (Connor)
@EastDoor

Kara Danvers/Supergirl

Supergirl pushed her hair out of the way and was silent when she saw Connor and muttered a curse under her breath. That was going to be a fun one to explain.

" Yeah, we got the tablets and look like our friends got two more, so that means we got four of them," she said to Lexi.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Krieg @Takumi @York @Mason Moretit @Gands @Verite

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Crow
@Afterlife

Ben would find that even with Molestache's immense strength, he was unable to pick up the up the creatures, as it was too heavy, and rather spiny. However, as soon as he took on his Humgungous form, he was able to knock some of the creature's out of the way, before the creatures upon the mountain started raining down corrosive, spiky projectiles down on the group.

A2, found it rather difficult for her blade to penetrate their shells, however... She did notice that they may be weaker at their head segments.

"Uh oh," Humongousaur gazed upon the raining projectiles. He had to think fast.

This was not a job Humongousaur could do.

But someone else could.

With a flash of green light, a new being took Humongousaur's place.

lDZ5L9h.png

"Gutrot!" the odd creature spoke its name as it began to release a gas cloud into the air. "That was a mixture of various alkaline chemicals to neutralise the corrosive acids. Sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, so on, so on... you get me. Don't ask me how I know, I just know."

The spikes were slightly more blunt now, but the corrosion wouldn't hit.

Gutrot proceeds to unleash clouds flammable gases towards the heads of the creatures, expecting them to unleash flames soon.

"Methane. Huh, to think that I didn't know what that was until I blew the sewers up with Swampfire."

Gutrot that exclaims to everyone.

"Hey, hey guys, do me a solid, will ya'll? I'm gonna create a pheromone that attracts these creatures, away from ya'll and towards me. While that happens, ya'll get in that cave, cave it in with ice or rubble or something to block the path, then I'll catch up with you guys. Deal?"

If they voiced concerns, Gutrot would simply reply, "it's fine, it's fine, I know what I'm doing."

Gutrot's eyes darted towards the Omnitrix.

"Hopefully..."

rq81cTq.jpg

"Skree?" Buddy was clearly worried as he plucked some spikes off his back.

"Yes, Buddy, even you," Gutrot says. "Do the 'Wish' thing to refresh the others."

Buddy nods in response to his comrades words. His friend was doing what he could, so he did too. Buddy unleashed a star-like projectile into the star, the move known as 'Wish'.

@York @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Crow

"Finally."

Eygon sighed in relief. He walked over to where he had dropped his damaged shield and picked it up. It was nothing a little repair powder couldn't fix.

3EMs1Oe.png

He brought out a pouch of enchanted golden power and poured it onto his great shield, restoring it to its former form. He then walked through the doorway and into the main room.

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_msoiputxz81qz4rgp_by_teh_zombish-db2nji7.png

"...U-um, Wes? ....Wes, where'd you go? Wesssssssssssssssss!"

Idly, from where he had headed to the West Door initially, sneezed. Huh. He felt like he might have forgotten something.

It was probably nothing. At least, that was what he labelled it as up until the group he had trailed behind at the West Door eventually found themselves back where they had initially arrived, at which point, the young man was greeted by a redhead yelling in his face.

"Wes, how could you leave me like that?! I thought we were in this together!"
she complained, waving her arms about. "I kept hearing weird, gross sounds and wouldn't have even had anything to defend myself with if I was attacked again, aside from the disks Ben gave me! How could you do that to a woman, huh?!" she continued with a distraught tone, whilst the man she went off at just stared in silence. "Hey, why are you looking at me like that? It isn't like I'm the one that left you behind..."

tumblr_inline_mw7zq6qfus1s4w72q_by_teh_zombish-db2no9l.png

"..."

There was a brief silence between them as Rui backed down out of Wes's face, looking more nervous than angry, now, as she poked the tips of her fingers together and glanced around. "Speaking of, do you think Ben's alright? He and the others still aren't back yet." Another pause. "Is everyone that was with you alright? I heard a lot of--"

"Rui. Calm down."

@nobodyreally​

@Takumi (Shion)
@NorthDoor

@WestDoor

@EastDoor

Shion gave a sigh of relief as he followed the woman out of the room before laughing softly.

"Thought I was a goner." he spoke, more so to himself more than anything. Noticing Eygon though, Shion walked over. The knight wasn't the most pleasant to talk to, since Shion felt as if he bothered him with his mere presence. Then again, he's the one Shion had talked to the most here. At least, that's what he remembered.

Either way, Eygon was going to be bothered some more most likely.

@Otto

JD meanwhile, crossed his arms.

"Most of the tablets seem to be here. Good, then we're closer to getring this over with." he sighed.

@York @Krieg @Mason Moretti @others

vlcsnap-2010-05-09-21h15m09s113copy.jpg

"Oh, good grief... Guess that's over with. Maaan, does anyone have any water? I'm really thirsty..." Shichika sighed, stretching out his arms with an exasperated breath. He couldn't even really be bothered to wonder what these tablets were for at this point, or who that young woman was from before, where she came from, or any other question that anyone else would naturally have in this sort of situation. If anything, it was like being faced with Hakari's old illusions, only it just kept going on and on incessantly, without an end in sight.

But in this position, it couldn't be helped, could it?

Holding his hands together behind his head, the swordsman glanced at both Dorian and Howlett, deciding on a whim to attempt conversation with them, since he spent all this time before with Giorno and Seisa anyway.

katana0255copy.jpg

"Hey, so... While we're at this moment of rest, I may as well ask... Why do you two keep looking at each other and smiling? It's like you two became real close friends during all this. Is there some sort of joke I'm missing, because if so, then maybe I'll want in!" Shichika exclaimed, lacking tact as always and not realizing the implications of his words.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Open

Last edited:
Eygon of Carim
---
@Takumi
---
@Krieg @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @potential eavesdroppers
Shion gave a sigh of relief as he followed the woman out of the room before laughing softly.

"Thought I was a goner." he spoke, more so to himself more than anything. Noticing Eygon though, Shion walked over. The knight wasn't the most pleasant to talk to, since Shion felt as if he bothered him with his mere presence. Then again, he's the one Shion had talked to the most here. At least, that's what he remembered.

Either way, Eygon was going to be bothered some more most likely.
As Eygon walked into the main room, he noticed Shion approaching him. He responded drearily,

"Oh...it's you again..."

The knight's posture and mood indicated that he was fatigued, presumably because he had just fought a tough enemy as well. Shion would notice that his armor had cracks in it ranging from his right shoulder to his right arm, which was no doubt caused by the fight earlier.

"I just got done rescuing a bunch of incompetent fighters like yourself. Helpless, the lot of you. If it weren't for people like me, you'd all probably be dead. I'm expecting a 'thank you' when this is all over..."

Referring to Dorian, Howlett, Giorno, and the other strong fighters, he asked rhetorically,

"Why can't you all be like them?"

Last edited:
vlcsnap-2010-05-09-21h15m09s113copy.jpg

"Oh, good grief... Guess that's over with. Maaan, does anyone have any water? I'm really thirsty..." Shichika sighed, stretching out his arms with an exasperated breath. He couldn't even really be bothered to wonder what these tablets were for at this point, or who that young woman was from before, where she came from, or any other question that anyone else would naturally have in this sort of situation. If anything, it was like being faced with Hakari's old illusions, only it just kept going on and on incessantly, without an end in sight.

But in this position, it couldn't be helped, could it?

Holding his hands together behind his head, the swordsman glanced at both Dorian and Howlett, deciding on a whim to attempt conversation with them, since he spent all this time before with Giorno and Seisa anyway.

katana0255copy.jpg

"Hey, so... While we're at this moment of rest, I may as well ask... Why do you two keep looking at each other and smiling? It's like you two became real close friends during all this. Is there some sort of joke I'm missing, because if so, then maybe I'll want in!" Shichika exclaimed, lacking tact as always and not realizing the implications of his words.

@Atomyk @Jeremi @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Open

Danielle smirked slightly when Shichika came up to them. "Yeah, what is that all about?"

Howlett grunted in displeasure. "None of your business, or yours." He emphasised pointing towards Shichika. "Dorian's good to have around in a pinch."

"Alright Howlett, alright, we believe you."

@Atomyk @Verite @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Open

Eygon of Carim
---
@Takumi
---
@Krieg @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @potential eavesdroppers

As Eygon walked into the main room, he noticed Shion approaching him. He responded drearily,

"Oh...it's you again..."

The knight's posture and mood indicated that he was fatigued, presumably because he had just fought a tough enemy as well. Shion would notice that his armor had cracks in it ranging from his right shoulder to his right arm, which was no doubt caused by the fight earlier.

"I just got done rescuing a bunch of incompetent fighters like yourself. Helpless, the lot of you. If it weren't for people like me, you'd all probably be dead. I'm expecting a 'thank you' when this is all over..."

Referring to Dorian, Howlett, Giorno, and the other strong fighters, he asked rhetorically,

"Why can't you all be like them?"

tumblr_mf6lfhOvP81raa8ca.jpg

"I helped defeat the enemy in the north room." Shion countered, quietly looking over the cracks in Eygons armor. If he had a way to heal the other, he'd do it. Despite whatever the other thought of him. Sadly, he was only human and unless Elyurias gave him some form of mystical wasp powers that he hadn't unlocked yet there wasn't much of anything that could be done.

@Otto

Dorian seemed amused by this avenue of conversation, though Dorian made an effort to seem amused by most things. It was an interesting question, for it was not one Dorian had so far thought much about. Howlett had suffered a loss that Dorian didn't think he had any right to tread upon, even if his dashing good looks had gathered the attention of the other man. It was kind of silly to think of a man in Howlett's position in such a way, especially when Dorian had only relatively known him for such a short time.

Under normal circumstances, Dorian wouldn't have thought of it as anything but a strictly physical attraction, but Howlett was not a man that Dorian figured deserved something strictly physical. A short amount of time or not, Howlett was worthy of Dorian's respect just as much as many members of the Inquisition were. When this was all over, Dorian hoped there would be a way for them to still keep in contact.

So, what was the answer to the question?

lR4AaqY.png

"I smile at pleasant things. Not much more to it than that."

@Jeremi @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite

• Bucket of Rainbows
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Verite and Jeremi
Dorian seemed amused by this avenue of conversation, though Dorian made an effort to seem amused by most things. It was an interesting question, for it was not one Dorian had so far thought much about. Howlett had suffered a loss that Dorian didn't think he had any right to tread upon, even if his dashing good looks had gathered the attention of the other man. It was kind of silly to think of a man in Howlett's position in such a way, especially when Dorian had only relatively known him for such a short time.

Under normal circumstances, Dorian wouldn't have thought of it as anything but a strictly physical attraction, but Howlett was not a man that Dorian figured deserved something strictly physical. A short amount of time or not, Howlett was worthy of Dorian's respect just as much as many members of the Inquisition were. When this was all over, Dorian hoped there would be a way for them to still keep in contact.

So, what was the answer to the question?

lR4AaqY.png

"I smile at pleasant things. Not much more to it than that."

@Jeremi @Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite

A chuckle escaped from Howlett's lips. "Ain't many people that call me pleasant. I ain't going to argue, just sayin'."

@Kaykay @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Verite @Atomyk

Status
Not open for further replies.