• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kara Danvers/ Supergirl

" Cover me, I need to change into her so I can help them," she said, hoping that Lexi listened. If she was successful at changing, she would freeze breath the enemies.

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @York @West door

Connor Walsh

Connor frowned when he saw that the map was useless and he wondered what they needed to do in this room and he was worried about what was going to help. He saw that the woman was trying to use some sort of mind trick to lift the tablets and he wasn't sure what to think of that. He saw that the portal was reacting to that and he knew that magical portals that provided some shocking results were bad at that. He looked over at the ground and wasn't sure what to do help everyone out in the area.

Connor didn't know why he reacted the way he did when you would ask him later. As he saw Constanza shoot, he attempt to push Mipha out of the way to get out of the path of the dark energy.

@Mason Moretti @Takumi @York @Krieg @East Room

JD sighed. Grabbing his gun, he couldn't do much with Constanza in the way, and with Connor being quick enough to try and help Mipha, he would simply check on those two, whole keeping an eye on the monstrosity that was spewed out of the portal.

"You guys alright?" he asked, making sure not to step anywhere near whatever that thing sent Mipha's way.

@York @Krieg @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @East

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi
@WestDoor

The fireball whisked itself past numerous dusty glass tubes, illuminating a large beast made of various cybernetic and organic components, strands of fleshy looking wiring holding it together.

Bp6LHJh.png

Suddenly though, the lights in the area flickered to life, faltering on occasion, as the creature itself stirred to life, it's mouth abruptly shooting open as it suddenly unleashed numerous chunks of piping hot stone fragments, which rained down on the group in front of it.

Looks like they were going to have to fight for those tablets!

@Mason Moretti @Krieg @Takumi (JD) @LuckycoolHawk9
@EastDoor

Unfortunately, Connor's map did not really seem to help, it looked to have mostly been intended to be used in the first area that they had arrived in... But in the meantime, Mipha discovered that while she was able to levitate the tablets for a few brief moments, the process was quickly interrupted by the timegate in the middle of the room suddenly swelling and expanding, crackling with blue electricity... Before it spewed out a creature unlike anything they had encountered before, and closed once more.

QlY2yOj.png

Its very presense caused the room to shake, as it let out a defeaning roar, suddenly causing an explosion of what looked like dark energy directly underneath Mipha's feet!

@York @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Crow
@Afterlife

Buddy found the thawing, spiny shell of... Something that had embedded itself in the ground, something that was still breathing, and moving... But it looked like it had just woken up...​

CHN-CHNK!

The sound of a shorten shotgun could be heard pumping, Constanza arching her neck, an unsatisfied sigh escaping her lips.

"I gots four shells left, only four, and not a Wastemeng seen the end of muh beauty." the soldier started, letting out a precariously yawn. Taking a few steps forward, holding the slumlord firearm in her right hand, the tattooed psychopath growled, feeling an immense anger swell in her. "I slew me some giant doe-eyed Johns, black balla beasts and fuckin' aliens. I seen some savage chika slit her throat and busybodies act like killin' a killa is something wrong." Constanza derailed, heavy, uncomfortable breaths escaping her breath.

"I'M TIRED OF YOUR SHIT!"

The first shot escaped with a yell, a blast of lead hurled towards the abomination.

"ENOUGH OF YOUR FAKE-ASS TRIALS!"

The second shot followed, Constanza either bravely or stupidly advancing against the monstrosity.

"I'LL RUN UP ON YOU ON MY OWNS IF I GOT TO!"

The third shot followed, Constanza before the beast fully.

"YO-!"

The sound of the Serbu Shorty jamming echoing in the dark chamber, Constanza awkwardly standing before this porcupine thing. Murmuring a slur in her native tongue, she tossed the firearm aside, casually looking up at the thing before her. With a face of spite, her hands curled into fists, tired of being this transforming bitch's errand girl. She was already honorably discharged from service, she didn't need to fight a war that was not her own. Reeling her right fist, the deranged woman barked, reveling in her blinding fury.

"Get the fuck out of my way."

Constanza threw her right fist forward, trying to dig into the thing's red eye with her bare hand.

@Mason Moretti @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @York @EastWing

Kara Danvers/ Supergirl

" Cover me, I need to change into her so I can help them," she said, hoping that Lexi listened. If she was successful at changing, she would freeze breath the enemies.

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @York @West door

Connor Walsh

Connor frowned when he saw that the map was useless and he wondered what they needed to do in this room and he was worried about what was going to help. He saw that the woman was trying to use some sort of mind trick to lift the tablets and he wasn't sure what to think of that. He saw that the portal was reacting to that and he knew that magical portals that provided some shocking results were bad at that. He looked over at the ground and wasn't sure what to do help everyone out in the area.

Connor didn't know why he reacted the way he did when you would ask him later. As he saw Constanza shoot, he attempt to push Mipha out of the way to get out of the path of the dark energy.

@Mason Moretti @Takumi @York @Krieg @East Room

JD sighed. Grabbing his gun, he couldn't do much with Constanza in the way, and with Connor being quick enough to try and help Mipha, he would simply check on those two, whole keeping an eye on the monstrosity that was spewed out of the portal.

"You guys alright?" he asked, making sure not to step anywhere near whatever that thing sent Mipha's way.

@York @Krieg @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @East

"Oof!"

The Zora princess was shoved out of the path of danger by Connor, and was certainly thankful, but there little time to panic or think of the pain as she fell to the ground by the force of the shove. She wasn't the heaviest creature and she landed on the floor with her family's trident clattering as it slid out of her reach.

wKywNZw_d.jpg

"Thank you, ah, um," Mipha attempted to thank Connor, but hadn't exactly caught his name at any point. Nor had she caught Constanza's name, but she had definitely seen her manner of dress and demeanor. Mipha was startled by Constanza's violent fury, but for the first time in this adventure she was glad to be surrounded by such violent warriors.

In response to JD's worrying, she replied, "I'm alright, I am unharmed. However, I am also unarmed. My trident..."

Mipha glanced across the room and saw where the trident had landed: a mere yard away from the spiny, darkness spewing creature. She continued scanning the room, searching for the floating tablets.

n4rVwss_d.jpg

"Our main focus should be getting the tablets. It appears the violent woman has the creature under control. Where are those tablets?"

@York @Takumi @Krieg @LuckycoolHawk9 @East Room​

Eygon of Carim | @East
@Mason Moretti @Krieg @Takumi (JD) @LuckycoolHawk9 @York
Unfortunately, Connor's map did not really seem to help, it looked to have mostly been intended to be used in the first area that they had arrived in... But in the meantime, Mipha discovered that while she was able to levitate the tablets for a few brief moments, the process was quickly interrupted by the timegate in the middle of the room suddenly swelling and expanding, crackling with blue electricity... Before it spewed out a creature unlike anything they had encountered before, and closed once more.

QlY2yOj.png

Its very presense caused the room to shake, as it let out a defeaning roar, suddenly causing an explosion of what looked like dark energy directly underneath Mipha's feet!​

CHN-CHNK!

The sound of a shorten shotgun could be heard pumping, Constanza arching her neck, an unsatisfied sigh escaping her lips.

"I gots four shells left, only four, and not a Wastemeng seen the end of muh beauty." the soldier started, letting out a precariously yawn. Taking a few steps forward, holding the slumlord firearm in her right hand, the tattooed psychopath growled, feeling an immense anger swell in her. "I slew me some giant doe-eyed Johns, black balla beasts and fuckin' aliens. I seen some savage chika slit her throat and busybodies act like killin' a killa is something wrong." Constanza derailed, heavy, uncomfortable breaths escaping her breath.

"I'M TIRED OF YOUR SHIT!"

The first shot escaped with a yell, a blast of lead hurled towards the abomination.

"ENOUGH OF YOUR FAKE-ASS TRIALS!"

The second shot followed, Constanza either bravely or stupidly advancing against the monstrosity.

"I'LL RUN UP ON YOU ON MY OWNS IF I GOT TO!"

The third shot followed, Constanza before the beast fully.

"YO-!"

The sound of the Serbu Shorty jamming echoing in the dark chamber, Constanza awkwardly standing before this porcupine thing. Murmuring a slur in her native tongue, she tossed the firearm aside, casually looking up at the thing before her. With a face of spite, her hands curled into fists, tired of being this transforming bitch's errand girl. She was already honorably discharged from service, she didn't need to fight a war that was not her own. Reeling her right fist, the deranged woman barked, reveling in her blinding fury.

"Get the fuck out of my way."

Constanza threw her right fist forward, trying to dig into the thing's red eye with her bare hand.
8DUj6Gx.jpg

Eygon arrived when Constanza began attacking the beast.

"Having another one of your tantrums, eh?"

Constanza most likely wouldn't hear this comment over the sound of her own yelling and gunfire. Eygon didn't like the way Constanza fought, but she was drawing attention to herself, which might allow him to attack the creature discreetly.

The knight of Carim examined the creature's defenses and noticed that the bulk of it was covered in some sort of tough armor. He decided that using a Lightning Stake would be the best offensive option. In the Age of Ancients, Gwyn and his Silver Knights used Lightning to defeat the stone-scaled dragons. This battle would be no different.

uIJ1YYR.png

He readied his talisman once again and sprinted toward the creature when Constanza approached its eye. Hopefully, it wouldn't see him. He stopped for a moment and rose his talisman up toward the sky. A large Lightning Stake materialized in his hand. He got within melee range of the beast and thrust it forward, intending to penetrate the creature's armor with Lightning.
In response to JD's worrying, she replied, "I'm alright, I am unharmed. However, I am also unarmed. My trident..."

Mipha glanced across the room and saw where the trident had landed: a mere yard away from the spiny, darkness spewing creature.

Eygon noticed a trident land near him. He wasted no time and kicked the trident. It would slide across the ground back toward Mipha.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Connor Walsh

" My name is Connor and you are welcome. We are all in this hell together and even if I have to agree there are far too many deaths on our hands that don't need to be there. I didn't want to lose another person. Do you think it would be possible to grab the tablet now that the creature is distracted?"

@Mason Moretti @Otto @Krieg @Takumi @York @East

JD seemed a little relieved to hear that Mipha was okay, holding a hand out to help her up he would notice Eygon kicking Mipha's trident back over. Moving to hand said trident to her he glanced around the room for the tablets.

"If they're nowhere in sight we might have to kill that thing first like this is some silly puzzle." he sighed. He wished he had a cigarette at this point.

@York @Krieg @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto

------------

Shion stared up at the machine in slight awe before moving to look at the tablets. They needed them in order right? Seeing as yhe woman hesitated in touching them, he made sure to take caution when moving towards the red tablet.

@York

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi
@WestDoor

The fireball whisked itself past numerous dusty glass tubes, illuminating a large beast made of various cybernetic and organic components, strands of fleshy looking wiring holding it together.

Bp6LHJh.png

Suddenly though, the lights in the area flickered to life, faltering on occasion, as the creature itself stirred to life, it's mouth abruptly shooting open as it suddenly unleashed numerous chunks of piping hot stone fragments, which rained down on the group in front of it.

Looks like they were going to have to fight for those tablets!

Having headed over to the West Door herself, Seisa took a moment to observe the strange hybrid beast. There was nothing obvious about its design that screamed "weak point" to her, so she quickly took cover behind Danielle's shield. Leaving her safety purely to her own ability, which had been faltering throughout her time here, didn't seem like a necessary risk in this case.

After weathering the stone fragments, Seisa stepped out and activated her ability.

"Killing Art."

Space was rewritten, this time targeting the space the beast occupied. The area around what looked like its waist seemed thin enough, so she simply overwrote that space with a copy of the air around them, essentially bisecting the beast without actually touching it.

@York @Verite @Atomyk @Jeremi

Eygon noticed a trident land near him. He wasted no time and kicked the trident. It would slide across the ground back toward Mipha.

"Thank you, ally. I am grateful for the assistance," Mipha says, picking up her trident from the ground.​

JD seemed a little relieved to hear that Mipha was okay, holding a hand out to help her up he would notice Eygon kicking Mipha's trident back over. Moving to hand said trident to her he glanced around the room for the tablets.

"If they're nowhere in sight we might have to kill that thing first like this is some silly puzzle." he sighed. He wished he had a cigarette at this point.

@York @Krieg @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto

"Violence should not be the only solution, but unfortunately it has been our primary method of progress as of late."

Mipha, hoping to avoid the co flict, and thusly avoid casualties, searched the room for the tablets' location.

@York @Krieg @Takumi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Otto @East Room​

Alexandra K AKA Huntress

"Alright, I'm heading in, follow me when you can."

After weathering the stone fragments, Seisa stepped out and activated her ability.

"Killing Art."

Space was rewritten, this time targeting the space the beast occupied. The area around what looked like its waist seemed thin enough, so she simply overwrote that space with a copy of the air around them, essentially bisecting the beast without actually touching it.

Alexandra went into the room, taking a moment with the others behind the heroine's shield. With Howlette at one spot and the other person using powers against the creature, she thought it might be occupied enough to attack it physically. Alexandra ran into the room at the opposite side from Howlette to take a shot with her sword.

@York @Verite @Atomyk @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kaykay

@Takumi (Shion)
@NorthDoor

The machine seemed to stand perfectly still... For now, much to the woman's relief, but when Shion reached for a tablet, he could suddenly hear a distinct whirring sound as the door seemed to seal itself shut behind him, looks like it wouldn't be a simple matter of grabbing the tablets and getting out of the room.

To maker matters worse, panels in the wall slid away, revealing various protrusions in the wall, which had begun to focus fire from what appeared to be laser cannons mounted on them, both on him, and the woman... The latter of which had drawn her sword, but found difficulty in deflecting the shots coming her way long enough in order to advance any further... But evidently, she had her eyes on the machine. Though, something seemed to occur to her as she noticed that Shion had grabbed the red tablet.

"Use it!" She shouted.

Unfortunately, she had neglected to elaborate any further, but... Considering their strange properties, perhaps it was simply a matter of trial and error?

@Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 (Kara)
@WestDoor

Strangely enough, the monster's lower half was unable to be penetrated by Howlet's claws, and for what it was worth... That was quite a feat, given how rare it would be to encounter materials that could withstand such a thing.

It quickly retaliated with a spinning attack, suddenly extending some tendrils from its lower half and rotating it at some incredible speeds. If not for Dorian, who had protected Howlett with a magical barrier, it would certainly have left a good mark on it to say the least.

Danielle in the meantime, appeared to have done Shichika, as well as others a good favor, as her shield was able to effectively withstand the scalding hot fragments that had rained down on the group. Speaking of which, this motion, combined with Howlett who kept the creature's lower half distracted for the moment, allowed Shichika to get close enough to the creature to unleash a devastating blow on its body.

Kara, using her freezebreath, was able to temporarily immobilize its top half, and simultaneously made it rather brittle for a moment, which caused Shichika's blow to tear a hole clean through its body before it was able to thaw out... Followed by Seisa's attack, which momentarily succeeded in bisecting the creature.

However, before the pieces could even fall to the ground, instead of retaliating immediately, the creature suddenly extended tendrils from portions of its severed torso, latching into its lower half as it started to siphin some sort of substance from its torso, which appeared to have severely weakened its lower half as a result, but allowed it to regenerate the damage its upper half received, which even extended to effectively reassembling itself... Uh oh.

Then, suddenly... It seemed to stand still, emitting a strange, mental "pulse" of sorts that appeared to be messing with the minds of those in the room, with the exception of Howlett, which thanks to his adamantine skeleton, was spared the effects. While this was not a very highly advanced version of mind control, this effect would make it difficult to tell friend apart from foe, making it hard for those affected to tell if they were even attacking the right target.

@Mason Moretti @Krieg @Takumi (JD) @LuckycoolHawk9 (Connor)
@EastDoor

The creature's "eye" seemed to have sustained some damage from Constanza's shotgun blasts, but it appeared to have acted on the brief opportunity it had when she began lunging towards it, allowing it to close its maw momentarily before her hand could reach its eye... Instead, resulting in her hand squelching against its soft, but still sturdy hide that made up its face... At least she hadn't tried that on its shell though, as the outcome could have been worse.

Mipha in the meantime, having been saved by Connor's timely intervention, noticed that the tablets were relatively close to her position, but also that in all of this commotion, the door they had come through had sealed shut behind them for now, trapping them inside.

JD
, as he opened fire on the creature, would find that while the bullets that hit what could be considered its facial/head region seeming to hit their mark... Those coming into contact in its shell appeared to ping off of it harmlessly.

Eygon though, while he was able to deal some damage to its shell, causing cracks within its structure... He found that it was very resilient to damage, and appeared to have triggered some sort of immediate retaliation from it, which came in the form of a hail of spikes that were launched from its shell as high velocity projectiles, and rained down upon him... Additionally splashing their impact points with a black goo-like substance, which clung to surfaces like tar, and seemed to be mildly corrosive too.

@thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Gummi Bunnies @Crow
@Afterlife

The woman nodded towards Noembelu, but before she could really say anything, a sudden burst of heat came from the direction Buddy was... As the beast he had awakened unleashed an abrupt, but yet powerfull explosion of flames, melting the snow around itself, revealing its full, monstrous form.

QlY2yOj.png

Ben might recognize it as a smaller version of the shelled creature he glimpsed when he tried to get into that strange woman's thoughts, all the way back with the rest of the group of travelers... Before he was transported anyways.

It let out a thundrous roar, followed by numerous others in various other spots on the mountain, causing the blue haired woman that head lead them here to freeze in terror... Suddenly realizing the severity of the situation.

"This place... It's... Their nest...!" She cried out, evidently surprised by this revalation.

Looks like she hadn't quite expected this development... But it didn't take her long to shake off her moment of shock, instead, choosing to take a few steps back, and gather together magical energy, preparing a particularly strong spell.

While it was hard to say if even giving it their all... They could fight all of these creatures off, perhaps it was in their best interest, to simply fight their way through enough of them to clear the way into the cave in front of them, as it seemed like these creatures were trying to make the final stretch of their journey as difficult as they possibly could.​

@Afterlife

The woman nodded towards Noembelu, but before she could really say anything, a sudden burst of heat came from the direction Buddy was... As the beast he had awakened unleashed an abrupt, but yet powerfull explosion of flames, melting the snow around itself, revealing its full, monstrous form.

QlY2yOj.png

Ben might recognize it as a smaller version of the shelled creature he glimpsed when he tried to get into that strange woman's thoughts, all the way back with the rest of the group of travelers... Before he was transported anyways.

It let out a thundrous roar, followed by numerous others in various other spots on the mountain, causing the blue haired woman that head lead them here to freeze in terror... Suddenly realizing the severity of the situation.

"This place... It's... Their nest...!" She cried out, evidently surprised by this revalation.

Looks like she hadn't quite expected this development... But it didn't take her long to shake off her moment of shock, instead, choosing to take a few steps back, and gather together magical energy, preparing a particularly strong spell.

While it was hard to say if even giving it their all... They could fight all of these creatures off, perhaps it was in their best interest, to simply fight their way through enough of them to clear the way into the cave in front of them, as it seemed like these creatures were trying to make the final stretch of their journey as difficult as they possibly could.​

Zf25OKA.gif

"Skree!"

Buddy retaliates by using homing Shadow Balls upon the various beasts, smacking them from side to side as they appeared.

7aLtgVs.jpg

"I say, these beasts do look familiar!" Ben, still in his Mole-stache form, says as his mallaeble moustache hair wraps around the spiky creatures, smacking them against each other at great impacts.

"So that must mean that their mother is our final frontier!" Mole-stache declares. "But first, we live through this... which I appear to be unseccussful at..."

The beasts were stacking upon him... that was, until a flash of green light appeared between their gaps, smacking them away!

cTKPfzU.jpg

"HUUUUUMONGOUSAUR!" a great behemoth, presumably one of Ben's forms, said. "That's the second time today."

Humongousaur proceeds to brute his way through the creatures, particularly the ones at the cave's entrance. He was punching and smashing them away from it.

Supergirl/Kara Danvers

Supergirl was thankful that her attack had lasted and done some damage, but frowned when it regenerated and then let loose a pulse and she couldn't tell who was the monster and who was her friends. She wanted to attack, but she didn't know who to attack. She couldn't tell where the monster was.

@Gands @Atomyk @Verite @Jeremi @York @West Door

Connor Walsh

Connor felt useless as he wasn't a good shot and he couldn't exactly make the door reappear, but he did see what the monster was doing. " Armor watch out," he said. If Eygon didn't react or respond, he would rush to do the same thing he did with Mipha, pushing him out of the way. He really had no clue why he was trying to save people, but he had seen enough death.

@Otto @Mason Moretti @Takumi @Krieg @York @East Door

@Afterlife

QlY2yOj.png

While it was hard to say if even giving it their all... They could fight all of these creatures off, perhaps it was in their best interest, to simply fight their way through enough of them to clear the way into the cave in front of them, as it seemed like these creatures were trying to make the final stretch of their journey as difficult as they possibly could.

Zf25OKA.gif

"Skree!"

Buddy retaliates by using homing Shadow Balls upon the various beasts, smacking them from side to side as they appeared.

7aLtgVs.jpg

"I say, these beasts do look familiar!" Ben, still in his Mole-stache form, says as his mallaeble moustache hair wraps around the spiky creatures, smacking them against each other at great impacts.

"So that must mean that their mother is our final frontier!" Mole-stache declares. "But first, we live through this... which I appear to be unseccussful at..."

The beasts were stacking upon him... that was, until a flash of green light appeared between their gaps, smacking them away!

cTKPfzU.jpg

"HUUUUUMONGOUSAUR!" a great behemoth, presumably one of Ben's forms, said. "That's the second time today."

Humongousaur proceeds to brute his way through the creatures, particularly the ones at the cave's entrance. He was punching and smashing them away from it.

tumblr_opajcjZ1pu1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Tch, when can we ever get a break?"

A2 grumbled a bit in annoyance as she took in the fact that they had their own company to deal with. Staring straight at the creatures in their way, the android brought out her sword and charged straight at them, intending to cleave into a few of them with the bladed weapon.

@York @thatguyinthestore @Yun Lee @Archmage Jeremiah @Crow @Afterlife​

The creature's "eye" seemed to have sustained some damage from Constanza's shotgun blasts, but it appeared to have acted on the brief opportunity it had when she began lunging towards it, allowing it to close its maw momentarily before her hand could reach its eye... Instead, resulting in her hand squelching against its soft, but still sturdy hide that made up its face... At least she hadn't tried that on its shell though, as the outcome could have been worse.

Mipha in the meantime, having been saved by Connor's timely intervention, noticed that the tablets were relatively close to her position, but also that in all of this commotion, the door they had come through had sealed shut behind them for now, trapping them inside.

JD
, as he opened fire on the creature, would find that while the bullets that hit what could be considered its facial/head region seeming to hit their mark... Those coming into contact in its shell appeared to ping off of it harmlessly.

Eygon though, while he was able to deal some damage to its shell, causing cracks within its structure... He found that it was very resilient to damage, and appeared to have triggered some sort of immediate retaliation from it, which came in the form of a hail of spikes that were launched from its shell as high velocity projectiles, and rained down upon him... Additionally splashing their impact points with a black goo-like substance, which clung to surfaces like tar, and seemed to be mildly corrosive too.

Mipha was quick to scoop up the tablets once she saw then and held them in her left arm. She ran quickly to the door, to avoid the falling spikes and corrosive goo. She feared for her trident to become destroyed by the goo and sheathed it within her sash. Instead, her right hand was focused on her healing magic, holding it at the ready in case her allies would be injured.

GyZBbfM_d.jpg

@York @Mason Moretti @Krieg @Takumi (JD) @LuckycoolHawk9 (Connor)
@EastDoor

@Takumi (Shion)
@NorthDoor

The machine seemed to stand perfectly still... For now, much to the woman's relief, but when Shion reached for a tablet, he could suddenly hear a distinct whirring sound as the door seemed to seal itself shut behind him, looks like it wouldn't be a simple matter of grabbing the tablets and getting out of the room.

To maker matters worse, panels in the wall slid away, revealing various protrusions in the wall, which had begun to focus fire from what appeared to be laser cannons mounted on them, both on him, and the woman... The latter of which had drawn her sword, but found difficulty in deflecting the shots coming her way long enough in order to advance any further... But evidently, she had her eyes on the machine. Though, something seemed to occur to her as she noticed that Shion had grabbed the red tablet.

"Use it!" She shouted.

Unfortunately, she had neglected to elaborate any further, but... Considering their strange properties, perhaps it was simply a matter of trial and error?

@WestDoor

Strangely enough, the monster's lower half was unable to be penetrated by Howlet's claws, and for what it was worth... That was quite a feat, given how rare it would be to encounter materials that could withstand such a thing.

It quickly retaliated with a spinning attack, suddenly extending some tendrils from its lower half and rotating it at some incredible speeds. If not for Dorian, who had protected Howlett with a magical barrier, it would certainly have left a good mark on it to say the least.

Danielle in the meantime, appeared to have done Shichika, as well as others a good favor, as her shield was able to effectively withstand the scalding hot fragments that had rained down on the group. Speaking of which, this motion, combined with Howlett who kept the creature's lower half distracted for the moment, allowed Shichika to get close enough to the creature to unleash a devastating blow on its body.

Kara, using her freezebreath, was able to temporarily immobilize its top half, and simultaneously made it rather brittle for a moment, which caused Shichika's blow to tear a hole clean through its body before it was able to thaw out... Followed by Seisa's attack, which momentarily succeeded in bisecting the creature.

However, before the pieces could even fall to the ground, instead of retaliating immediately, the creature suddenly extended tendrils from portions of its severed torso, latching into its lower half as it started to siphin some sort of substance from its torso, which appeared to have severely weakened its lower half as a result, but allowed it to regenerate the damage its upper half received, which even extended to effectively reassembling itself... Uh oh.

Then, suddenly... It seemed to stand still, emitting a strange, mental "pulse" of sorts that appeared to be messing with the minds of those in the room, with the exception of Howlett, which thanks to his adamantine skeleton, was spared the effects. While this was not a very highly advanced version of mind control, this effect would make it difficult to tell friend apart from foe, making it hard for those affected to tell if they were even attacking the right target.

@EastDoor

JD

@Afterlife

QlY2yOj.png

Howlett was quite shocked that his claws didn't break through the monsters hide. The mental assault was also an unwelcome reveal leaving Howlett the only one standing and even he was hearing an annoying buzzing in his mind.

Howlett5_zpsuy7a0cui.png

"Bad news big guy. My skulls too thick for your tricks to work. Let's see how thick your skull is."
He charged again attempting to slash at the legs and get up the creatures body. Whatever this mental attack was Howlett knew that its head was the source. Perhaps its eye socket were less durable then it's armor?

Danielle meanwhile clutched her head in pain of the mental anguish the attack was doing to her. Anywhere she looked she saw monsters. Despite that she wasn't attacking, not until any of the 'monsters' came at her first.​

@York @Atomyk @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Atomyk
Eygon of Carim | @East
@Mason Moretti @Krieg @Takumi (JD) @LuckycoolHawk9 (Connor) @York
@EastDoor
Eygon though, while he was able to deal some damage to its shell, causing cracks within its structure... He found that it was very resilient to damage, and appeared to have triggered some sort of immediate retaliation from it, which came in the form of a hail of spikes that were launched from its shell as high velocity projectiles, and rained down upon him... Additionally splashing their impact points with a black goo-like substance, which clung to surfaces like tar, and seemed to be mildly corrosive too.​
Eygon was somewhat pleased to see that the shell had cracked, but was also mildly disappointed that his attack didn't do a whole lot of damage. He suddenly noticed spikes raining down upon him. His first reaction was to shield himself, and then to run. So, he did both. He held his great shield in his left hand. His shield was quite large and reliable, but its strength would be tested.

The spikes began impacting his shield, bouncing off of it, and leaving corrosive tar on it. As more spikes hit the shield, it began to disintegrate, but not completely. Eventually, the size of the shield was reduced moderately, which caused a spike to hit his right arm and another to hit his right shoulder. He was staggered, but not knocked down. One of the benefits of heavy armor is excellent poise.

The spikes did not puncture his armor very well, and as a result, they fell to the ground naturally. After that, no more spikes flew toward him, presumably because those were the last ones.

The tar left behind by the spikes that hit his arm and shoulder only formed cracks in his armor rather than disintegrating it. This was because his armor wasn't hit by several spikes, unlike his shield.

He realized that the beast's shell might not be the best target. He unsheathed his great hammer, wielding it in his right hand, and dropped his damaged great shield in order to wield his talisman in his left hand.

"Useless woman...Move!"

Telling Constanza to move out of the way, he sprinted toward the front of the beast and swung his great hammer at the beast's maw, intending to expose the eye. If the eye became exposed, he would quickly conjure another Lightning Spear and stab it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mason Moretti
@Takumi (Shion)
@NorthDoor

"Use it!" She shouted.

@WestDoor

@EastDoor

JD

@Afterlife

QlY2yOj.png

"Eh?!"

tumblr_mf6lh7xo1g1raa8ca.png

Use it?! How was he supposed to do that?! Heart beginning to pound in his chest as the laser came his way, something clicked. A simple thought.

'Dying right now will make you pathetic. You've come this far Shion, move! '

tumblr_mf6jzzU1MX1raa8ca.png

"..."

Raising the tablet up shortly after the thought occured, he hoped it would reflect the beam back at the machine. If not? Well, that would possibly be the end of him. He even gave a silent prayer to Elyurias of all beings that it worked.

@York @North Door

@WestDoor

With her mental capacities inhibited, Seisa could no longer attack unless she wanted to risk unleashing her power on an ally. And that wasn't a gamble she was willing to bet on. So instead, she used her Killing Art to create a new space around herself, hopefully aiding her in escaping the mental pulse.

@York @Jeremi @Verite @Atomyk @LuckycoolHawk9

@Takumi (Shion)
@NorthDoor

While the tablet did not really reflect the lasers from the turrets coming from the walls... It certainly did... Something!

The red tablet he held in front of him suddenly glowed, before he felt a mysterious, fiery energy fill his body, as time itself seemed to stop for a moment, and bursts of what looked like hot magma shot forth from the tablet itself, hitting, and demolishing all the turrets in the room... And while one also struck the machine, and it took some damage... The machine seemed to have absorbed some sort of energy from the damage it took.

Seeing this, the woman quickly snatched the white tablet that happened to be laying near her, and tossed it towards Shion... Who may notice that the red tablet he was holding had become dim, at least for now.

"One more! Just... Gotta get close enough to finish this..." She muttered, looking intently at the machine.

Though the battle appeared to be going in their favor, it was evident that the woman was concerned about something, likely related to that machine, as long as it stayed active like it was.

@WestDoor

The creature's mental attack was crude... Rudimentary. Nothing nearly as advanced as the sort of influence that had been projected onto Kara during their battle with strange, alien creatures. As a result, Seisa was easily able to escape from its mental influence, and as a result, her ability was able to effectively disperse the mental influence the creature had.

Howlett in the meantime, while his claws could not penetrate the creature's power half, were able to dig into it just enough to reach the poor beast's skull, and cleave clean through it, causing its upper half to wilt and wither... Followed by its lower half, causing the entire thing to keel over.

Looks like the creature was defeated for now, and as a result the doors leading to the area were open, and the mental influence the creature once had on the group here was lifted.

@EastDoor

Mipha found that the door had locked behind her, but fortunately... It looked like she was able to grab up the tablets just in time, so there was that at least.

Eygon in the meantime was able to find an opening as the creature suddenly caused the ground below it to shake... Throwing up all sorts of red hot chunks of debris from some unknown plane of existence, and as a result, his hammer was able to land a clean hit on the creature's head, though it did not quite open up yet... Looks like it might need just a bit more trauma.

@Afterlife

Ben would find that even with Molestache's immense strength, he was unable to pick up the up the creatures, as it was too heavy, and rather spiny. However, as soon as he took on his Humgungous form, he was able to knock some of the creature's out of the way, before the creatures upon the mountain started raining down corrosive, spiky projectiles down on the group.

A2, found it rather difficult for her blade to penetrate their shells, however... She did notice that they may be weaker at their head segments.

@Takumi (Shion)
@NorthDoor

While the tablet did not really reflect the lasers from the turrets coming from the walls... It certainly did... Something!

The red tablet he held in front of him suddenly glowed, before he felt a mysterious, fiery energy fill his body, as time itself seemed to stop for a moment, and bursts of what looked like hot magma shot forth from the tablet itself, hitting, and demolishing all the turrets in the room... And while one also struck the machine, and it took some damage... The machine seemed to have absorbed some sort of energy from the damage it took.

Seeing this, the woman quickly snatched the white tablet that happened to be laying near her, and tossed it towards Shion... Who may notice that the red tablet he was holding had become dim, at least for now.

"One more! Just... Gotta get close enough to finish this..." She muttered, looking intently at the machine.

Though the battle appeared to be going in their favor, it was evident that the woman was concerned about something, likely related to that machine, as long as it stayed active like it was.

@WestDoor

The creature's mental attack was crude... Rudimentary. Nothing nearly as advanced as the sort of influence that had been projected onto Kara during their battle with strange, alien creatures. As a result, Seisa was easily able to escape from its mental influence, and as a result, her ability was able to effectively disperse the mental influence the creature had.

Howlett in the meantime, while his claws could not penetrate the creature's power half, were able to dig into it just enough to reach the poor beast's skull, and cleave clean through it, causing its upper half to wilt and wither... Followed by its lower half, causing the entire thing to keel over.

Looks like the creature was defeated for now, and as a result the doors leading to the area were open, and the mental influence the creature once had on the group here was lifted.

@EastDoor

Mipha found that the door had locked behind her, but fortunately... It looked like she was able to grab up the tablets just in time, so there was that at least.

Eygon in the meantime was able to find an opening as the creature suddenly caused the ground below it to shake... Throwing up all sorts of red hot chunks of debris from some unknown plane of existence, and as a result, his hammer was able to land a clean hit on the creature's head, though it did not quite open up yet... Looks like it might need just a bit more trauma.

@Afterlife

Ben would find that even with Molestache's immense strength, he was unable to pick up the up the creatures, as it was too heavy, and rather spiny. However, as soon as he took on his Humgungous form, he was able to knock some of the creature's out of the way, before the creatures upon the mountain started raining down corrosive, spiky projectiles down on the group.

A2, found it rather difficult for her blade to penetrate their shells, however... She did notice that they may be weaker at their head segments.

tumblr_mf6k0nHIYz1raa8ca.png

"Wow." he muttered, a little amazed. Well, that wasn't what he hoped for, but it worked better than expected.

When addressed he would snap out of it and nod to the woman.

"Right!" he called, putting the red tablet away and tried to catch the white tablet and try to use it against the machine.

'Just one more. ' he reminded himself.

@York @North Door

Status
Not open for further replies.