Status
Not open for further replies.
Zwei

This whole time, Zwei had been laying idly in Weiss's arms, panting lightly. It was never completely clear if he had entirely understood what had happened, for the most part, but the important thing is that he was panicked when the mist flowed in, proving that he at least understood that the mist was a threat.

However, as much as he would bark, as much as he would snarl and bare his teeth, the little dog was unable to ward off the effects of the mist, and before long, he fell into his own illusion....

Zwei's Illusion
Dog Days

The mist knew it could not entrap Zwei in a complex cage of despair and sorrow... Nor could it tempt him to stay with a false sense of happiness, or the promise to bring back a lost loved one.

However... It knew it could have the innocent little got in it's grasp with something much simpler than that;

A simple home...

With familiar faces.

And so this fabricated tale begins...

KjagbVm.png

Of a little cottage in the forest, where a little dog lived.

nkMBjrd.png

Happilly ever after, in the company of Four Fair Maidens.

Or so... He was meant to believe...

Zwei came to his senses in a soft, peacefull bed, with the sweet, wonderfull smells of a blooming forest, with the refreshing scent of tree bark, wild flowers, and a the sounds of the wind rustling the tree leaves... Mixed in with water flower over the rocks of some nearby creek.

But wait, this wasn't like any place he had even been, not in Patch, not in Vale, certaintly not in the Coalition, so... Where was he? He lifted his little snout to see exactly where he was... And, to his surprise, he was met with the interior of a well decorated wooden cottage, and he quickly realized he was sleeping on the bright red sheets on the foot of someone's bed, a girl to be exact.

She smelled familiar... With the scent of rosepetals, cookies, and strawberries fresh on her clothes... And something else too... Was that apples? As he stepped closer to the foot of the bed, it's occupant suddenly seized him, with both of her hands moving out from underneath the covers.

"Hey! There's my little doggy!" She squeaked.

Zwei let out an excited bark or two, but then actually stopped for a moment, looking out the window as the bed's occupant... Who he could almost be positive was Ruby started gushing all over him, giving him pets and kisses. The sun had barely risen over the horizon, and yet... Ruby was up already?

Was this... A dream? He had always wanted Ruby to get up and play with him like this!

In his excitement, Zwei forgot all about his confusion for the moment, barking happilly, loud enough to wake up the other occupants in the room.

First, a head of White hair poked out from underneath her bed sheets.

"Just what are you doing up this early Ruby?! With this... This... Mutt no less!!!" She shrieked.

There was no doubt that it was Weiss that had just been awoken by this commotion, judging both by the tone of her voice... But oddly enough, her annoyance wasn't quickly overtaken by her affections over Zwei, in fact, she hardly seemed to pay any attention to him at all as she harumphed, covering her head with her pillow... And even more oddly, she had the distinct smell of fresh snow, rather than the lavish perfume she usually put on.

Zwei whined a little, disappointed, and confused that Weiss wasn't giving him any affection this time... But the sound of his whining suddenly seemed to have awoken someone else in the room, underneath bright yellow covers. She smelt a little like the fresh summer breeze, and dried hay.

"Sis? Is that you making all that noise?" She asked, yawning a little.

That must be Yang! Zwei could definitely recognize her scent, underneath the newer ones she was given off now, for some reason... Though, just then, a lock of her hair dropped off her head and onto the floor... Judging from some scissors laying next to her on a table, she must have been trimming her hair late in the night. Oddly enough, Yang wasn't so bothered when her hair was cut, that was quite unlike her.

Even as Yang joined in on giving Zwei attention, much to Weiss's dismay, signified by her frustrated groan as she shifted the pillow over her head a little, to try and block out more of the noise.

That groan finally awoke the last person in the room... She was almost hidden in the part of the room where the sunlight hadn't quite reached yet, underneath her dark purple sheets. Without a single word, she slowly sat up, a smile crossing her face as the cat ears ontop of her head perked up. She seemed happy to see that everyone was getting alone, and... In fact, she even wanted to... Join in?

Despite the smell of autumn leaves now coming from her, Zwei could recognize that she was... Blake? As she too, came over to give Zwei attention, leaving grumpy ol' Weiss to fume some more in her bed, Zwei panted excitedly at all this attention... But then, seemed to stop abruptly when he suddenly realized that something was off about Blake too...

The cat faunus's instincts always seemed to scare her away from Zwei, and she was the one who always kept the most distance from him... And yet, here she was, petting him, while Weiss, on the contrary to her usually affectionate self towards Zwei, was moping in bed, not wanting anything to do with him...

That's when something clicked in his little, soft noggin.

As much as these four Maidens seemed like Ruby, or Weiss, or Yang, or Blake... They were... Not really the friends and caretakers he had come to know and love over the course of many months... As much as they tried to be.

Somehow... He managed to shake himself free from the sensory overload, dished out by affections the group of three maidens that had crowded around him... Leaping out of their arms, and onto the floor. They gave chase, but they weren't fast enough to catch up to him... It seemed that they either couldn't, or didn't want to use their semblances, as he quickly managed to run down the stairs... Weaving through table and chair legs, and eventually... Pushing his way out of the cottage door with his little snout.

Unfortunately, as he made it outside the cottage, and into the forest, the illusion was not quite over yet... It had one last trick up it's sleeve. All four of the occupants in the cottage had suddenly burst out the door, but... They were... Different now.

The only thing that reminded Zwei of who they once were, was the faint smell of rose petals, fresh snow... Dried hay, and autumn leaves... As the occupants that had come for him were no longer either human, or faunus... But, Grimm...

8x2p0NT.png

Beowolves to be exact... That had come for him... The whole situation confused Zwei, but that was quickly overshadowed by an overarching sense of terror, letting out a series of shrill whines as his ears drooped, and he slowly backed away from the creatures.

Until suddenly, he felt the gentle, warm touch of a hand on his back... Even though there wasn't anyone else with him in this illusion... And suddenly, the world around him trembled once, then twice, and the four Beowolves that had been advancing towards him suddenly froze, sniffing the air before letting out simultaneous, balefull howls...

And then... The world around him trembled one last time, before it could no longer hold itself together... And fell apart, fading into nothing but darkness....

And thus...

The Illusion was Broken

Though, it wasn't completely his own doing... So, who else could have helped him?

Scott's illusion part 2: Some Other Me

Scott was out of breath. Peter was winning and he couldn't deal with that. He couldn't let that happen. He had to fight back, he had to win. As Peter went in for the final blow, a sharp snap came as his head was clawed straight off his neck. Someone had just murdered him. He looked at him and saw someone who bore a strangely similar resemblance to him.

large.gif

" Oh, my dear sweet innocent one. You couldn't even hurt the illusion here. What chance do you have against me?" Dark Scott, the Blood Wolf said.

Scott didn't know what to say, this thing didn't feel like an illusion. He looked like the real thing. " I can. I have a pack, you're not me."

" You gave me the way. You did it back when you hurt the splicer. A little carnage gave me passage. Sometimes, it's the little things that screw you."
The Blood Wolf looked at him and equipped his claws, time to become the best True Alpha. Scott could only watch, backing away, hoping he could get help.

@HELP SCOTT, THAT AIN'T NO ILLUSSION
Ruby Rose
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Others?

Ruby stirred, having finally woken up, after breaking her illusion... Her ears were still ringing, and her head was still spinning. She wasn't completely sure what exactly she had done in that illusion, but whatever it was, it had somehow broken her out of it. The first thing that drew her attention was the distinct sound of Zwei whining... And without hesitation, she rushed over, petting him gently, even with her mind a little cloudy after that mess with her illusions, she was still able to maintain petting Zwei long enough for him to stop whining, and to her surprise, he snorted a little before opening his eyes, blinking a little before he wagged his tail weakly.

Looks like he too was out of his illusions, for now, but he was worn out, and had apparently closed his eyes again, letting his head rest against the still unconscious Weiss. He was probably sleeping again, but at least he was out of those dastardly illusions the mist had been feeding him, so he should be recovered in a while.

On the other hand, she suddenly noticed something happening to another person, who... Wait, were they out of their illusions too? Was SHE still in some sort of elaborate illusion? She wasn't sure what to think of the... Bloodier counterpart of, who was he again... Scott? But she did know he would pose a danger to the others in the room, especially those still trapped in their own illusions.

Shaking her head a little to try and clear her mind just a bit more, she suddenly drew her crescent rose, having it assume its scythe form right off the bat.

"Hey!" She shouted.

Pausing just for a moment before making her next move.

74uL9Uj.gif

As her target's attention was hopefully drawn towards her by her shout, Ruby quickly spun her scythe around a little and dug it into the floor of the Coalition room. Fortunately, it seems like Scott and his... Counterpart? Were in a more empty part of the area, where there weren't any unconscious people just laying around, but in either case, she realized she couldn't just start firing her crescent rose, it was simply too risky. Instead, she waited for Scott's counterpart to make his first move, making sure to more to a more empty section of the room, to avoid hitting anyone in a potential fight.

While her mind was still clouded, it seemed she had a clear enough head to be able to take into consideration the potential casualties that might result from an battle here.​

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
tumblr_inline_nl0l3kP7Ho1r3leyb.png

"Rabbit? Um, well--"

Okay, that sounds very familiar. And he says this is an... illusion?

"Train, what are you doing? Catch that guy already so we can all eat some good food tonight," Sven chimed in, as if the illusion were trying to draw Train in and keep him under its hold.

"We're rooting for you, Train! You can do it!" Saya added in.

The sweeper honestly felt like his head was spinning. Just what exactly was going on? Was it really an illusion? He was having a difficult time wrapping his mind around the situation.

tumblr_inline_nl0nc6nEDB1r3leyb.png

"Ugh, everyone just pipe down. I'm trying to think..."

Dropping his gun to his side, Train let out a sigh. In his mind, he could feel them: faint memory flashes of Arty and a few others from the Coalition. He could feel that these memories were real in the back of his mind, but he felt uncomfortable accepting them. Why would he want to when he could live in a world where all of his friends were around? This was the type of reality he wanted. A world where Sven wasn't in a coma, Eve wasn't missing, and Saya wasn't...

Train glanced back over his shoulder, looking toward the girl in the kimono.

Dammit, I made peace with your death. Why is it so hard to let this go?

Train returned his focus to Arty, a frown on his lips as he lifted his gun back up.

tumblr_inline_nl0ogkbHsG1r3leyb.png

"Go ahead and shoot. If you don't I will," he told Arty, his grip on the gun looser now, almost hesitant.​
Artyom stared blankly at Train for a few moments, studying him, He wouldn't shoot him, Arty knew that. He noticed that had Train seemed to look back at a younger lady in a kimono. His girlfriend perhaps? Arty frowned and looked down at the revolver in his hand, he let the gun slip from his hand and fall to the ground with a loud thud.

"No....I'm not going to shoot you Train, and I know you won't shoot me.......it's not who you are."

"The UN's not always like this, no." Robin said. "Unless you're stationed in a bad universe with the Peacekeepers or something. Usually it's just diplomacy and paperwork. But, there's some positives."

"Take Robin alive." Was what the leader of the GOC Troops shouted. "I don't care what you have to do to get him alive, just get him alive!"

Meanwhile, before The Producer could reach Akane, a group of GOC Troops would block the exit, and a flood of fleeing people would engulf her into the crowd. The crowd would ebb and flow with people as GOC soldiers and Peacekeepers alike fired around. People ducked and covered, people ran around, and people died. Whatever happened to her, the Producer or Robin wouldn't see.

A soldier would attempt to hit Kido with the butt of his rifle in an attempt to break his jaw. Meanwhile, Robin would have his sword drawn, and be slashing at several GOC soldiers with mason to support him. The soldiers seemed to fade into dust as they were hit, only for more to come through the door later, like the heads of a hydra.

They forced their way through the line Peacekeepers falling back, leaving civilians and leaders alike exposed to the GOC soldiers. A large GOC soldier stepped up to Robin, reached out, and picked him up by the throat. Robin struggled to breath for a second, and clutched at his throat.

As the soldier would grab Robin's throat, the vision would dissipate. Robin would be breathing raggedly. He would pick the glass up again and quickly drink the rest of the water. "Let me out of this nightmare. Right now." He said.

Doctor Shields looked up. "Are you ready now, Robin? Take the pill, I promise, it's the only way out."

@Sen @Mason Moretti @Crow @FreeMasons

WBJfeMo.webp

"MS TSUNEMORI! NOOOOOO!!!"

Following that, the young Producer was smashed in the jaw as the illusion begins to disappear. The last thing he saw before that - Robin getting handled real bad. Soon, everyone was back in the room.

Kido rubbed his jaw a little, seeing that it was intact. He then looks at Dr Shields with great anger.

"So this is all fun and games to you, huh, Doc? Boss over here is just your puppet, A pawn chess piece, a disposable N- or R-rarity card that you wasted your precious little first Gacha Ticket on? Is that it?" Kido grumbles as he grabs Dr Shields by the collar. "Usually I'd sit back and crack a joke or two to brighten the mood, but 1 - you've gone too far! Real or not, I will not tolerate any visions of Ms Tsunemori, or any of the UN for that matter, ready to be harmed in any way. Mostly Ms Tsunemori, but that's besides the point. 2 - It's A-OK to beat the bollocks out of you, because me, she, him, we all know you're a figment of Boss' deepest darkest nightmares! His may be uglier than mine, but I have every reason to not be afraid!"

As the last word was said, Kido hurls a speedy punch right in the Doctor's face, in an effort to hurl him across the room. His eyes were most bloodcurdled and flamed. "I'll make sure you stay down."

glXTgGe.webp

"I haven't seen you this angry since Grade School," Madoka comments.

"My bad side has been very hard to touch since then, nihi~," Kido turns back with a smile, then looks at Robin. "Listen Boss, your illusions, your rules. You are the only thing holding yourself back. The Doctor is probably a representation of your fear or something, an extension of you. When dealing with the matters of the mind, the only true enemy is yourself. I learned that, my sister learned that, Zen learned that, and it's time for you to learn that too.

Well, you're the Tactician - the guy with the brains. Making the best decisions is to you like producing is to me, so I'll leave you to make the right choice. Just remember that Shields over there isn't your ticket out, you are. Oh! He's getting up, I'll go keep him down.

Remember Boss, your dream, your grasp, take control of this illusion, don't let it control you..."

And so Kido continues to keep Dr Shields down while Robin makes the decision. He continues to look at Dr Shields with the most heartless face possible.

"You probably have a gun, another weapon, guards, the usual. As long as I am well aware that this is a world created from deep, dark and twisted thoughts, I have no reason to hold back!"

With that last word, the little Producer unleashes a strong, powerful kick at Dr Shields' face. He repeatedly kicks Shields in the face until...

"That is enough, brother," Madoka sternly crosses her arms. "Don't let rage consume you. Let us wait for Mr Aquilus to make his choice."

From the most heartless expression, Kido's expression was now that of a pouting child.

"But he-"

"You yourself are well aware that this is an illusion. Would the real her like to see you like this?"

"I never did know."

"Let us never find out."

@Sen @Mason Moretti @Minerva @Crow @FreeMasons
Mason panicked when Robin was picked up by the throat and shouted, "No!"

Luckily, the illusion ended and the group found themselves back in the SCP Foundation office, sans one Artyom. "Something about this place still gives me the creeps."

Mason placed a hand on Robin's shoulder gently, saying, "Robin, don't do it. It's not worth it. You don't need pills to get out of here! You have us, your friends, to get you out. Just stand up and we can walk out the door right now!

"If you're truly convinced that these pills are the only way out, don't be the first one to take them. I'd rather myself be flung further into illusions than yourself. If they work, then we can all get out of these illusions. If not, I have my ways out.

"If you can trust me, then let's leave. If you trust the illusion of this 'doctor', then let me be the first to take one of those pills."
@Minerva @Crow @Sen @Mason Moretti @FreeMasons #Robin's Illusion

tumblr_inline_nl0l3kP7Ho1r3leyb.png

"Rabbit? Um, well--"

Okay, that sounds very familiar. And he says this is an... illusion?

"Train, what are you doing? Catch that guy already so we can all eat some good food tonight," Sven chimed in, as if the illusion were trying to draw Train in and keep him under its hold.

"We're rooting for you, Train! You can do it!" Saya added in.

The sweeper honestly felt like his head was spinning. Just what exactly was going on? Was it really an illusion? He was having a difficult time wrapping his mind around the situation.

tumblr_inline_nl0nc6nEDB1r3leyb.png

"Ugh, everyone just pipe down. I'm trying to think..."

Dropping his gun to his side, Train let out a sigh. In his mind, he could feel them: faint memory flashes of Arty and a few others from the Coalition. He could feel that these memories were real in the back of his mind, but he felt uncomfortable accepting them. Why would he want to when he could live in a world where all of his friends were around? This was the type of reality he wanted. A world where Sven wasn't in a coma, Eve wasn't missing, and Saya wasn't...

Train glanced back over his shoulder, looking toward the girl in the kimono.

Dammit, I made peace with your death. Why is it so hard to let this go?

Train returned his focus to Arty, a frown on his lips as he lifted his gun back up.

tumblr_inline_nl0ogkbHsG1r3leyb.png

"Go ahead and shoot. If you don't I will," he told Arty, his grip on the gun looser now, almost hesitant.​

Artyom stared blankly at Train for a few moments, studying him, He wouldn't shoot him, Arty knew that. He noticed that had Train seemed to look back at a younger lady in a kimono. His girlfriend perhaps? Arty frowned and looked down at the revolver in his hand, he let the gun slip from his hand and fall to the ground with a loud thud.

"No....I'm not going to shoot you Train, and I know you won't shoot me.......it's not who you are."
As the revolver hit the ground, it created a loud clatter. As the noise dissipated, so too did the physical form and the aura that formed the gun.

I whisper to Artyom, "We're almost there. We're on the verge of breaking through to him! I'll be there to catch you as the illusion breaks, don't worry. We might want to make things quick, however. I sense that Mason is about to make a fairly stupid decision."
@Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Miss Blue Text #Train's Illusion

Victoria stared at him for a moment, trying to read his expression. "Well..." She smiled widely at him, certainly a lot friendlier than most of their moments together in Bright Falls. "Might as well enjoy our time here, Stiles. This your room? You could show me around, you know."

LPBVpDh.png

She casually shrugged and took a few steps toward him so that she was standing next to him. She leaned in to talk closer to his ear. "The best hangout spots. Some places to shop... you know, places like that."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Continued from here.

Chapter Four
"Self-Realization"

g5ab1RT.png

"Right... Well, everyone, if you don't mind, everyone, I've got a lot to share," Shiki would say, clearing his throat as he'd take the initiative and stand in front of everyone. It felt odd for him being in the front. Usually, he was more used to being unnoticed in the back or so, whether back home, or in some other situation familiar to him... But he was in neither of those scenarios. This was a whole 'nother ball park that played by different rules.

And he was ready to bat.

"First and most pressing news, while investigating what seemed to be an Umbrella member's office, I discovered this notebook right here," he said, raising the object in his hand to show off, before continuing to speak, "In it, I discovered something strange. Turns out... While we thought otherwise all this time, we were never on Silent Earth to begin with. Rather, it's all just an illusion. A well-fabricated one at that. How or why Umbrella did this... I can't be sure, but even so, if this means that in reality, we're still in the headquarters..."

A3wL2OR.gif

"... Then that means Umbrella got to us in our own territory. But... How did they find us?!" Ocelot questioned, looking grave at the relayed news.

This would stir quite the reaction from the others, except for perhaps Ritsuko and Kyoko, who remained practically stone-faced like they usually were, though it was easy to assume that even they were feeling something about this revelation, whatever those feelings might be.

"You know, that's actually relieving, in a way..."

inpqLPl.png

Makoto kept his hands busy touching at the cuffs of his sleeves, his eyes looking away from everyone else. "It explains the weird circumstances. I had a feeling Umbrella didn't yet have technology capable of transporting a group as large as ours into another dimension. I doubt we've even left the headquarters, physically..."

"Likely, the location was given away by our mystery mole. The hidden traitor within the Coalition. The very same person who freed that Hisoka guy from the Holding Cells for whatever reason as I saw from the security feeds in the same room I found this notebook. That someone's been keeping tabs alright," Shiki revealed.

Suspicion of a possible mole within the headquarters had been softly, but surely, buzzing in HQ for quite some time, ever since the discovery that the (now-deceased) Umbrella Remnant soldier known as VECTOR happened to have a multiverse traveling device with clear coordinates of the Coalition HQ, though it seemed that it was only now that the worries and paranoia were rising to the surface. With info like this getting out, Shiki could only wonder what kind of panic it'd put the others into.

RTwWgkr.png

"That's all well and good, but... Then, first things first, how do we get out of this illusion?" Kyoko would question, cupping her chin and her brow deeply furrowed, as she attempted to wrack her brain for a way out of here.

Just because they knew the problem didn't automatically mean there was a solution.

"Maybe if we pinch ourselves hard enough, we can get out of here," Ritsuko said in a somewhat sardonic manner, letting out a breath as she'd rub her temple with one hand.

"Well, before we can worry about that... Well, that's the thing. The other piece of news I wanted to share with you was... There might be a really big, scary looking guy headed our way, possibly with the intent of killing us, located in the next room," Shiki spoke in an almost sheepish manner, as though he was a bit embarrassed that he neglected to say that detail immediately.

Then again, the illusion thing didn't really have time to settle the first time they found out about it.

5003f2cef0334aa7ba7dfb1bda755212.png

"And you waited until now to tell us there's a potentially dangerous enemy headed our way?!" Ocelot exclaimed incredulously, a concerned expression on his face. However, without giving himself time to fully react to the sudden news, he'd quickly draw his weapons, as on cue, a loud sound would be heard in the distance.

"I thought we'd be able to take care of him just fine."

Leia began to let out a shrill laugh. Jude, who was holding her steady, gave her a perplexed look.

DlNuVs3.png

"He's kidding, right...?" She looked to her friend, who could only stare back at her blankly. "... Jude, tell me he's kidding!"

"I-I'm sorry, Leia, but it seems we're--"

BAM!

THu96qd.png

"W-What the--?!"

Following the sudden loud noise, a door at the other end of the hall would slide towards the direction of the group, and from beyond, heavy footsteps would be heard and felt, before a hulking figure of a man in a trenchcoat would approach the group, growling lowly like a feral animal.

mr_x_render_by_violet_2010-d4sbtnw.png

"Rrrr..."

"I-Is that an... Umbrella Tyrant?!"

"He's dead is what he is if he proceeds any further. Certainly a friendly looking fellow though, isn't he," Ocelot grunted sarcastically, though before he would take aim at the hulking figure, he would be stopped by an unexpected sight, the young man taking a gaze as he'd look beyond and see something a little more distressing than one big guy, possibly stronger than he seemed, knowing Umbrella's work.

"What in...?!"

"Rrrghh..."

"Rrrrhh!"

Ns2NuFF.jpg

From behind and around the so-called "Tyrant" individual, they would appear. First, only what looked like a handful. And then more. More and more, rising from the darkness further up ahead, a sizable army, big enough that it was a miracle that the hall could fit that many zombies like it did, a large horde of hostile enemies appeared, lumbering towards everyone.

But that wasn't it. From behind, an equally large swarm of zombies would sneak up on the group, lumbering towards everyone, moaning and groaning unintelligibly. They were truly surrounded, with no clear way out of here.

"Not good...! Though, if this is all an illusion, would they really hurt us?! What's not real can't do anything to us!"

"Do you want to test that theory out for yourself, doctor?"

"Makes you wonder why they would bother putting us to sleep at all," Shepard remarked coolly, aiming the assault rifle she'd stolen for the storage room at the approaching creature.

"'Tis easier to keep us busy than face us in a real fight." Lightning danced between Morrigan's hands and her eyes flashed blue. "Still, even considering the strongest of us here, a battle with this army won't be without consequence. Whether 'tis due to the illusion itself or the strange mist from before, none of us here are at our strongest."

b9yrx8J.png

"Tohno, the Tyrant may be tough, but you can instantly take him down, right?!" Kyoko exclaimed urgently, stepping back. They were right. As strong as everyone might be in their prime, even a number of enemies of this magnitude would surely have an effect on the condition of the group!

"There's too many targets present! If I end up processing all the lines and points of death on every enemy around, my eyes might overwork my brain and have it end up frying! And it's certainly not selective targeting! May as well tell me to completely get all of them out of my sight!"

"Well, geez, Shiki!"

mytnz00.png

"You better think of something fast!" Kieran yelled, tossing an axe so that it cut off the head of an approaching zombie.

Shiki looked around desperately, trying his hardest to come up with a plan. The crowds were too thick to bulldoze through, and the Tyrant certainly wasn't going to make things easier. There really was no way out. Unless...!

0WAlmV8.png

"...!"

Patting Shiki's side urgently, Len, a serious look poised on her face, would get the young man's attention, before silently pointing her finger towards the ground, and then spreading her arms out, making a motion that indicated the entire area.

Whatever she was trying to convey, it seemed that Shiki would instantly get it, whether through intuition or the spiritual bond they shared, before giving her a quick nod in response.

"Well... Might be just a little less painful than processing a lot of people, but hey... Not the first time I killed a singular target as big as a world," the bespectacled boy said in an exasperated manner, before taking off his glasses, instantly facing the floor as to avoid making eye contact with anyone around.

"Kid, whatever you're planning, I just hope you know what you're doing!"

"I hope so too!"

KRAKK!

Vw6emaN.jpg

With that, Shiki would plunge his knife right into the middle of the ground! One would think that such a knife would be unable to penetrate the stone cold floor, but it cut through as easily as butter. At first, it would take a while for anything to happen, but before long...

Rumble rumble...

KRSSSSSHHH!

The ground around everyone would rumble softly at first, like a weak earthquake, before large cracks would form all across, before those cracks in turn would turn into ripples and tears, debris flying out of the floor as though a grenade had violently erupted from inside the middle of the floor. But it hardly stopped there. It was only just the beginning. The effects of Shiki's action continued onto the walls, bits and pieces of the walls, and then the ceiling, falling off, only to reveal, not pipes and more wall, but empty blackness behind, as the very air itself began to shake from Shiki's power.

Because the blackness behind the walls wasn't an absence of visible matter. It was an absence of matter.

With a horrible sound, like nails on a chalkboard, what looked like lines would become visible out of thin air. It was only then as time passed that these seemingly intangible lines in the air... were rips and tears in space! These tears opened up crudely, at first like loose wallpaper being ripped off, and then spontaneously shattering like glass. And then from there, everything shattered like glass. The ceiling, the walls, the ground, and the very air around everyone.

Shiki Tohno had effectively "killed" the world.

BOOM!

Without a whimper, the world practically imploded in on itself, and everyone would suddenly get the sensation of being flung into nothingness, as though they had been launched from a catapult. Everyone flew endlessly and aimlessly in complete blackness, the Tyrant and the zombies nowhere to be found, as one could only assume that they were simply a part of the illusion as well.

However, they weren't out of the woods just yet, unfortunately.

As they floated in empty space, the illusion shattered, one thing somehow remained, even though one would think it had lost its "right" to continue existing after Shiki had killed it.

The mist of Silent Earth.

Somehow surviving the destruction of its own space, the mist resurfaced and overtook everyone, fogging up their lines of sight. It was as though the mist was trying to keep everyone from escaping the illusion, trying to drag you back into Silent Earth.

But you had to fight it. Separate from it. No matter how much it called and beckoned.

"Shiki-kun..."

No matter what illusions it would conjure up to lure them back.

"Kyoko..."

No matter what reality it would cast, it had to be rejected, no matter what.

OOC NOTE: So basically, the situation is that the mist is trying to trap you all within its illusions again, this time putting your character in a sort of trippy introspection that might tempt the character into staying in Silent Earth, whether by individually tricking them into thinking that their ideal personal reality is right there (by showcasing an illusion of what they've personally always wanted or so), showing traumatic illusions, like of deceased loved ones, to drive the character into madness and despair in an attempt to sap at their will to escape, whatever you can think of. This quick little section will be self-GMed in a way, and similar to the microphone section of Fusion and the illusions of The Ultimate Game, if any of you remember that. Feel free to use this time to come up with your own illusions and interact with your own character or the characters your character is close with.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Wren as Bradley Martin Holland (OC)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@dark as Jak (Jak and Daxter)
@Krieg as Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon AU)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@C.T. as Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada (Overwatch)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
@Yang Lee as Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
In the nothingness, Lang had tried his damnedest to get back to his own two feet, but the mist surrounding him caused him to start panicking, as if it would take him over and force him back to Silent Earth, back into another holding cell like they'd been trapped in.

But that didn't happen.

Instead, what did happen was that Lang ended up on the ground, mist floating around him as far as he could see. Oddly enough, there was a small clearing, lit up so that he could see...nothing. Absolutely nothing. He was alone. Or he was, until from in front of him, a sudden noise broke out.

"AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!"

Lang stiffened, then poised himself in case whatever came out of the mist tried to come for him. There was no way he could tell who or what was here with him, but he couldn't let his guard down. But when the laughter's source finally appeared, even Lang was taken by surprise.

latest

"Hahahaha!!! Good to see you again, lad!"

The Irishman came into the clearing, fog still flowing to keep their circle clean. He had a manic grin on his face, dressed in boxing attire, and the very thing Lang hadn't expected to see at all.

latest

"..."

"What, too good to talk to ol' Aran? After all I did for you! I'm the whole reason you're here! You should be thanking me!" Aran laughed, gesturing around at the nothingness. "Why, I showed you just how useless this damn Coalition is!!"

"You..." Lang shook his head. "You're not real. I know you aren't..."

"Hahaha! Yes I am, lad!! I'm very real! Don't you see? You didn't believe about a multiverse until I brought it to your attention! You'd called it...no, no, don't tell me! I know this one! Rumblings?"

latest

"...ramblings." This couldn't be real...Silent Earth was an illusion, this was an illusion...

"Aha! Mad, drunken ramblings of a crazy Irishman!! That's what you said exactly! Good work, lad! No wonder you're a detective, nothing gets past you!!" He shook his head. "You know, you were the first one to believe me. No one else did! 'Oi, Aran, you sure you ain't drunk again?' 'Oi, Aran, maybe you should take a break from boxing-one too many blows to the ol' noggin!!'" He knocked on his head for effect. "But YOU-you were crazy enough to believe me! And you could've just walked away...but you didn't. And now you see this damned Coalition for what it really is! Liars, backstabbers, who all believe that a pretty face warrants no consequences or suspicion! Go on back home, lad! This ain't your pack!"

Suddenly Aran had an arm around Lang, and before he could shake him off, the smoke cleared, leaving them in...

latest

"Zheng Fa...!" This couldn't be real...but yet...part of him wanted it to be.

"That's right lad! And we ain't even started yet!"

@AnyonelolPartTwoComingSoon​

Saber hesitated, considering before finally walking before him. For a long moment she stared at him, looked at his scowl and by various degrees, her own expression began to become distasteful as her lip curled. Looking him in the eye, she spoke.

"You can't save them and you never could."

He grew still and the words hung in the air. Saber Alter continued relentlessly.

"You think I hadn't seen this before? That I couldn't recognize the trap, tailor made for you? Most of us gained our hearts desire...I saw a world where I was accepted, befriended without eyes layered by mistrust. Here however, there is nothing of the sort because its what you are. Personal happiness is such a foreign concept, because you never felt as though you deserved it. You who had survived so much, where others had died. You who had fought like a demon in battlefields that consumed other warriors....This is a truth all such people like us feel. So how do you balance it?"

"Stop."

"You survive and you break yourself in helping others. You make yourself the living wall between life and death. There is only ever the next war."

"Stop."

"The next fight, as you continually and ever onwards-."

"Shut up."

"-Seek death, wherever she may be."

"RAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH!!"

The vines snapped, the children screamed as the Black Keys came to hand.

And cleaved right through them, the Illusion shattering around them as Lucifer slumped to his knees. Gone was the beard, the traces of battle. The weapons clattered on the floor and Lucifer...No longer entrapped covered his face in shame. Saber stared for a moment before lowering her eyes and walking back to Zatanna. Quietly, she spoke.

"It was easy to do that....Name his dark desire."

With a bitter smile, the False King shook her head slowly to the magician as she walked past.

"....It was like seeing into a mirror to my own."

@Jeremi
Zatanna only gave Saber a solemn nod before making her way towards Lucifer. She didn't say anything as she knelt down and placed a hand on his shoulder.

Luckily, the illusion ended and the group found themselves back in the SCP Foundation office, sans one Artyom. "Something about this place still gives me the creeps."

Mason placed a hand on Robin's shoulder gently, saying, "Robin, don't do it. It's not worth it. You don't need pills to get out of here! You have us, your friends, to get you out. Just stand up and we can walk out the door right now!

"If you're truly convinced that these pills are the only way out, don't be the first one to take them. I'd rather myself be flung further into illusions than yourself. If they work, then we can all get out of these illusions. If not, I have my ways out.

"If you can trust me, then let's leave. If you trust the illusion of this 'doctor', then let me be the first to take one of those pills."

As the revolver hit the ground, it created a loud clatter. As the noise dissipated, so too did the physical form and the aura that formed the gun.

I whisper to Artyom, "We're almost there. We're on the verge of breaking through to him! I'll be there to catch you as the illusion breaks, don't worry. We might want to make things quick, however. I sense that Mason is about to make a fairly stupid decision."
@Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Miss Blue Text #Train's Illusion
Artyom nodded to the voice's words. He had to get through to Train, this illusion must end.

"Listen Train....you have to let this go....let her go..... I know....it's hard...it's really hard...to let go....It's harder than one can imagine...." He paused, waiting for a moment for his words to sink in. "I never knew my father, he left before I was born. It was just my mother and I...for a while.....then, it happened, the day everything came to an end. My mother, my whole world. was gone in an instant....I never got to say good bye...or how much I loved her..."

He paused once more, doing his best to keep his emotions, he could feel tears build and a lump form in his throat, he cleared his throat and looked back to Train.

"My illusion.....allowed me to see my mother again.....it was wonderful...but, I had to let her go, and move on with my life, that was the only way I can find peace...You have to let her go Train, that's what she would want.

@KlutzyNinjaKitty

Zatanna only gave Saber a solemn nod before making her way towards Lucifer. She didn't say anything as she knelt down and placed a hand on his shoulder.
His face hidden, his entire posture screamed vulnerable. It was easy to consider people in terms of strength and skill, easy to declare that such people were strong. And perhaps they were, Lucifer being no exception. Like Zatanna or many others, he had cut his teeth on the monsters of his world and in situations beyond it from Fallout Prime to New Detroit as of most recently. But time like that, brought up a whole lot of baggage and loss.

The mist had shown just how much it weighed on him, with Sabers words voicing the desire he didn't know he had. His voice rough, he leaned into Zatanna and said quietly.

"Does it ever get better?"

There are many immortal monsters who roam this earth. When I look at them, I wonder: were they created out of a desire for immortality? Many of them desire war. I've seen them roaming the bloodiest battlefields, but in their battle cries, I hear a craving. I think they cry out for death. All that remains is a pale shadow, wandering from battle to battle. I have come to believe, that those frightening immortals are, in fact, frail, sobbing children.

@Jeremi

Artyom nodded to the voice's words. He had to get through to Train, this illusion must end.

"Listen Train....you have to let this go....let her go..... I know....it's hard...it's really hard...to let go....It's harder than one can imagine...." He paused, waiting for a moment for his words to sink in. "I never knew my father, he left before I was born. It was just my mother and I...for a while.....then, it happened, the day everything came to an end. My mother, my whole world. was gone in an instant....I never got to say good bye...or how much I loved her..."

He paused once more, doing his best to keep his emotions, he could feel tears build and a lump form in his throat, he cleared his throat and looked back to Train.

"My illusion.....allowed me to see my mother again.....it was wonderful...but, I had to let her go, and move on with my life, that was the only way I can find peace...You have to let her go Train, that's what she would want.

@KlutzyNinjaKitty
tumblr_inline_nl0kiwv2UL1r3leyb.png

"..."

Train quieted after hearing the man's words. He hated to admit it, but Arty was right. Saying nothing, the ex-asssassin returned Hades to its holster. At this point, he had indeed realized who the person in front of him was and didn't intend to shoot him. He never shot to kill, not anymore.

"I know, I know, but give me a second, Arty. I'll be ready in a minute..."

Turning around to look at the illusions of his friends, Train slowly approached Saya lifting a hand to reach out and touch her. He retraced his hand quickly, however, earning a confused look from the young woman.

"I'm sorry, Saya. If I touch you I'm not sure I'll be able to let go again."

I made peace with your death, but that doesn't mean I still don't miss you. You changed me. My life was saved because of you. If only I would have been able to save your life too...

tumblr_inline_nl2xkuA5rr1r3leyb.png

"Train, what's going on?" she questioned, looking uncertain "That look in your eyes, it worries me..."

"Don't worry about it," Train told her softly. "I just wanted to say that I have to go now. This place, it isn't real. No matter how much I wish it, this place will never be real. It's just a pleasant daydream. I'm sorry, but I'd rather have the genuine article. Saya, you may be gone, but Sven and Eve are still out there. I have to find them. That's exactly why I can't stay here."

Train took in a deep breath and continued. "But fake or not, I was happy to see you again. Back when you died, I was so consumed by revenge that I never had a chance to give you a proper farewell. Consider this my way of making up for that. Now I can tell you what I've always wanted to say..."

"...thank you."

tumblr_m2lfiurHns1qehrfvo1_1280.png

"If I never would've met you, I would've remained a cat with a leash around my neck forever. I'm sure I would've spent the rest of my life as a mindless assassin. You taught me how to be free, and because of that I was able to become a sweeper like you who helps people. I was able to meet Sven and Eve. I was able to be happy. You may be gone, but I want you to know that I keep your memory alive by living the way I did and sharing with others the lessons you taught me."

He paused, surprised when he felt warm tears coating his eyes.

"So, that's what I wanted to say."

"Train wait--"

2ae2c9561c09ca6eb7e43039facf9226.png

Starting to turn away, Saya would reach out and grab the sleeve of Train's coat. When she did, as if instinctively, Train would whirl around to pull Saya into a hug. It wasn't like him to be affectionate with anyone, but this person was different. He admired Saya with all of his heart.

"Dammit, I told you not to touch me," he mumbled, burring his face into her shoulder. While it took a lot of strength, moments later he would let her go.

"Train, I don't understand. P-Please don't leave," she stuttered, appearing helpless.

tumblr_inline_nl0lh8MMLL1r3leyb.png

Train smiled slightly, turning away. "Now I know you're only an illusion. The Saya I knew would tell me to forget her. She would tell me to move on with my life. Thanks again for this time, but I can't stay any longer. If I do, I'll never be able to leave..."

Train then took a step toward Arty, glancing up at his friend. "We'd better hurry up and get out of here. These mind games are taking a toll..."

With Train finally accepting the reality, or lack thereof, of the illusion, I opened up a portal for Train and Artyom to leave by. Beyond the portal was the stained-glass tower of Mason's heart.

I spoke to the two of them, "Artyom, thanks for retrieving Train. The illusion isn't quite over, though. Mason might need the most help to escape his. You can wait here for him to return, or you can continue on to help save his other friends.

"Cheza, Toboe, Robin, and Corrin are still locked within their illusions. I can get you to their illusions if you wish. Once those three are freed... Train, try to show Mason the same level of acceptance you just showed."

I created another staircase leading up from the tower, towards the collection of other illusions.
@Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Cheza & Toboe: @Takumi
Robin & Corrin: @Minerva

Is... Is this guy really buying this illusion that badly? Talk about some real mom problems. And you're sure that he'll snap out of it some time soon? He's got his usefulness... but this... this... is a bit annoying to deal with.

Elesis only groaned a bit in annoyance towards both Add and her phantom. She had attempted to give the esper some incentive to leave this illusion that represented his past life with his mom, but it didn't... fare so well as expected.

tumblr_nwqsym3SWA1u3z5n7o5_100.png

"Just sit right here, Elesis~ My mom is almost done baking the cookies. Here... you can even play with my cat! There's nothing here that I would want to leave, anyways. Kekekek~"

The esper practically used his control over Elesis to sit her down on the porch with him, handing over his cat to her. While it was really really important to snap Add out of this, as he was the only one capable of sending her back in the correct timeline when this is all over, Elesis was beginning to agree with her phantom that doing this on her own was hopeless...

tumblr_od5klbceik1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Soon... wait... help... will come."

Of course, Add overheard her speaking to herself, when this comment was actually directed to her phantom. Since nothing bad could happen here, the esper shrugged this comment off, trying to place his cat right on top of the fallen knight's head as time went on.

@anybody @Add's Illusion​

Is... Is this guy really buying this illusion that badly? Talk about some real mom problems. And you're sure that he'll snap out of it some time soon? He's got his usefulness... but this... this... is a bit annoying to deal with.

Elesis only groaned a bit in annoyance towards both Add and her phantom. She had attempted to give the esper some incentive to leave this illusion that represented his past life with his mom, but it didn't... fare so well as expected.

tumblr_nwqsym3SWA1u3z5n7o5_100.png

"Just sit right here, Elesis~ My mom is almost done baking the cookies. Here... you can even play with my cat! There's nothing here that I would want to leave, anyways. Kekekek~"

The esper practically used his control over Elesis to sit her down on the porch with him, handing over his cat to her. While it was really really important to snap Add out of this, as he was the only one capable of sending her back in the correct timeline when this is all over, Elesis was beginning to agree with her phantom that doing this on her own was hopeless...

tumblr_od5klbceik1v3qowuo9_100.png

"Soon... wait... help... will come."

Of course, Add overheard her speaking to herself, when this comment was actually directed to her phantom. Since nothing bad could happen here, the esper shrugged this comment off, trying to place his cat right on top of the fallen knight's head as time went on.

@anybody @Add's Illusion​
Where the brute came from, there was no knowing. However, what was knowable was the fact that he had come to set Esper straight and help Elesis out.

102.png

"Esper! Wake the hell up! None of this shit is real, they're just showing us what we want to make us stay!"

With a kick, the door of whatever house they were came crashing down as Shizuo came in to wake a motherfucker up.​

With Train finally accepting the reality, or lack thereof, of the illusion, I opened up a portal for Train and Artyom to leave by. Beyond the portal was the stained-glass tower of Mason's heart.

I spoke to the two of them, "Artyom, thanks for retrieving Train. The illusion isn't quite over, though. Mason might need the most help to escape his. You can wait here for him to return, or you can continue on to help save his other friends.

"Cheza, Toboe, Robin, and Corrin are still locked within their illusions. I can get you to their illusions if you wish. Once those three are freed... Train, try to show Mason the same level of acceptance you just showed."

I created another staircase leading up from the tower, towards the collection of other illusions.
@Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Cheza & Toboe: @Takumi
Robin & Corrin: @Minerva
tumblr_inline_nl0kiwv2UL1r3leyb.png

"..."

Train quieted after hearing the man's words. He hated to admit it, but Arty was right. Saying nothing, the ex-asssassin returned Hades to its holster. At this point, he had indeed realized who the person in front of him was and didn't intend to shoot him. He never shot to kill, not anymore.

"I know, I know, but give me a second, Arty. I'll be ready in a minute..."

Turning around to look at the illusions of his friends, Train slowly approached Saya lifting a hand to reach out and touch her. He retraced his hand quickly, however, earning a confused look from the young woman.

"I'm sorry, Saya. If I touch you I'm not sure I'll be able to let go again."

I made peace with your death, but that doesn't mean I still don't miss you. You changed me. My life was saved because of you. If only I would have been able to save your life too...

tumblr_inline_nl2xkuA5rr1r3leyb.png

"Train, what's going on?" she questioned, looking uncertain "That look in your eyes, it worries me..."

"Don't worry about it," Train told her softly. "I just wanted to say that I have to go now. This place, it isn't real. No matter how much I wish it, this place will never be real. It's just a pleasant daydream. I'm sorry, but I'd rather have the genuine article. Saya, you may be gone, but Sven and Eve are still out there. I have to find them. That's exactly why I can't stay here."

Train took in a deep breath and continued. "But fake or not, I was happy to see you again. Back when you died, I was so consumed by revenge that I never had a chance to give you a proper farewell. Consider this my way of making up for that. Now I can tell you what I've always wanted to say..."

"...thank you."

tumblr_m2lfiurHns1qehrfvo1_1280.png

"If I never would've met you, I would've remained a cat with a leash around my neck forever. I'm sure I would've spent the rest of my life as a mindless assassin. You taught me how to be free, and because of that I was able to become a sweeper like you who helps people. I was able to meet Sven and Eve. I was able to be happy. You may be gone, but I want you to know that I keep your memory alive by living the way I did and sharing with others the lessons you taught me."

He paused, surprised when he felt warm tears coating his eyes.

"So, that's what I wanted to say."

"Train wait--"

2ae2c9561c09ca6eb7e43039facf9226.png

Starting to turn away, Saya would reach out and grab the sleeve of Train's coat. When she did, as if instinctively, Train would whirl around to pull Saya into a hug. It wasn't like him to be affectionate with anyone, but this person was different. He admired Saya with all of his heart.

"Dammit, I told you not to touch me," he mumbled, burring his face into her shoulder. While it took a lot of strength, moments later he would let her go.

"Train, I don't understand. P-Please don't leave," she stuttered, appearing helpless.

tumblr_inline_nl0lh8MMLL1r3leyb.png

Train smiled slightly, turning away. "Now I know you're only an illusion. The Saya I knew would tell me to forget her. She would tell me to move on with my life. Thanks again for this time, but I can't stay any longer. If I do, I'll never be able to leave..."

Train then took a step toward Arty, glancing up at his friend. "We'd better hurry up and get out of here. These mind games are taking a toll..."
Artyom nodded and headed out of the illusion with Train. Surprisingly, he had been silent when Train had spoken with Saya, he felt no need to tease Train about it, it seemed wrong to joke about a dead girl anyway. While someone like Uhlman or some of the other rangers might have given Train a dose of the Metro's own version of dark humor. It was strange, at times, Artyom acted like one might think someone his age would normally act, at other times, he was stoic and serious, and he knew when to shut up and listen .

"By the way....thanks for not making a big deal about....Rabbit." He said quietly as he continued to walk forward until he and Train cam to a staircase leading to the different illusions. He paused, looking off into space and nodding when he understood what the voice asked of him and Train.

"We'll take care of it, and thanks for the help back there Benevolent Disembodied Voice." He said humorously.

He turned to Train and asked. "So which one do we go after Train, Cheza and Toboe or...Robin and Corrin?"

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Where the brute came from, there was no knowing. However, what was knowable was the fact that he had come to set Esper straight and help Elesis out.

102.png

"Esper! Wake the hell up! None of this shit is real, they're just showing us what we want to make us stay!"

With a kick, the door of whatever house they were came crashing down as Shizuo came in to wake a motherfucker up.​

tumblr_o82z8adllL1v3qowuo6_100.png

"Not... real? I have no idea what you're talking about, Shizuo. You don't know how much I wanted this. It'll be a mistake to go back from what I have now."

Almost as if some chords were struck wrong, Add stared blankly at Shizuo's direction. It was almost a known fact to all that knew Esper that he wasn't... mentally stable. So when being told that this chance to see his mom again wasn't real, it wasn't going to sit well with the time traveling esper. Leaving Elesis over to the side with his cat, Add stood up to see that Shizuo had broken the door down of his nostalgic and cherished home... the home that he had with his loving mother.

tumblr_o9bb52xBUo1v3qowuo3_100.png

"... You're being a terrible friend, Shizuo. Breaking down the door to a friend's house is bad, and you're aiming to take me away from the happiness I couldn't have in the past? To do that after all the work I put into finding my way back here?"

At this point, it sounded like Add had completely snapped, that his usual eccentric and mischievous nature had been overwritten by... a rather unhealthy obsession and possessiveness over his past and more importantly, his mother.

"Um... Add dear? Is there something wrong?"

With his mother asking out of concern from the kitchen, Add briefly drifted away from his strange personality change, giving a quick reassurance to his mom.

"Nothing mom! Just another friend came over! Just continue what you're doing, it's all fine!"

Returning his attention back to Shizuo, the esper signaled for his Dynamos to surround Shizuo. Esper had that look on his face as if he were staring daggers at him.

tumblr_o090s9b4y61v3qowuo2_100.png

"... unless you want to change your mind, Shizuo... taking this away from me is going to be the worst decision of your life."

Well, someone here really fucking loves their mommy. But hey, Sunshine, looks like we got the help we needed. How about we do the thing I suggested earlier? How about it? Blondie here keeps deranged mommy's boy at bay while you go and stab the shit out of his mommy. Sounds like a great plan, right?

Elesis could only listen to the phantom's words while watching Shizuo get the wrong kind of attention from Add, but she knew with this, Add couldn't really control her with that virus he had put into her nervous system as of now. It wasn't like the esper could multitask on controlling her and show this strange behavior towards Shizuo.

tumblr_ochx37XnRY1v3qowuo2_100.png

"..."

Weakly getting up from her chair as quietly as she could, Elesis gave a quick glance over at Shizuo, giving him an affirmative nod before trying to sneak her way towards the kitchen where Add's mom was currently located at in this illusion. The last thing she wanted to happen was for Add to notice her and immediately "correct" her actions.

Just as she would complete that thought of the worst case scenario, the cat that was left in her arms had let out a meow. The fallen knight froze in her tracks, hoping to god that Add didn't notice, and if he did, she hoped that Shizuo could attract the esper's attention away from her.

@The Tactician @Add's Illusion​

tumblr_o82z8adllL1v3qowuo6_100.png

"Not... real? I have no idea what you're talking about, Shizuo. You don't know how much I wanted this. It'll be a mistake to go back from what I have now."

Almost as if some chords were struck wrong, Add stared blankly at Shizuo's direction. It was almost a known fact to all that knew Esper that he wasn't... mentally stable. So when being told that this chance to see his mom again wasn't real, it wasn't going to sit well with the time traveling esper. Leaving Elesis over to the side with his cat, Add stood up to see that Shizuo had broken the door down of his nostalgic and cherished home... the home that he had with his loving mother.

tumblr_o9bb52xBUo1v3qowuo3_100.png

"... You're being a terrible friend, Shizuo. Breaking down the door to a friend's house is bad, and you're aiming to take me away from the happiness I couldn't have in the past? To do that after all the work I put into finding my way back here?"

At this point, it sounded like Add had completely snapped, that his usual eccentric and mischievous nature had been overwritten by... a rather unhealthy obsession and possessiveness over his past and more importantly, his mother.

"Um... Add dear? Is there something wrong?"

With his mother asking out of concern from the kitchen, Add briefly drifted away from his strange personality change, giving a quick reassurance to his mom.

"Nothing mom! Just another friend came over! Just continue what you're doing, it's all fine!"

Returning his attention back to Shizuo, the esper signaled for his Dynamos to surround Shizuo. Esper had that look on his face as if he were staring daggers at him.

tumblr_o090s9b4y61v3qowuo2_100.png

"... unless you want to change your mind, Shizuo... taking this away from me is going to be the worst decision of your life."

Well, someone here really fucking loves their mommy. But hey, Sunshine, looks like we got the help we needed. How about we do the thing I suggested earlier? How about it? Blondie here keeps deranged mommy's boy at bay while you go and stab the shit out of his mommy. Sounds like a great plan, right?

Elesis could only listen to the phantom's words while watching Shizuo get the wrong kind of attention from Add, but she knew with this, Add couldn't really control her with that virus he had put into her nervous system as of now. It wasn't like the esper could multitask on controlling her and show this strange behavior towards Shizuo.

tumblr_ochx37XnRY1v3qowuo2_100.png

"..."

Weakly getting up from her chair as quietly as she could, Elesis gave a quick glance over at Shizuo, giving him an affirmative nod before trying to sneak her way towards the kitchen where Add's mom was currently located at in this illusion. The last thing she wanted to happen was for Add to notice her and immediately "correct" her actions.

Just as she would complete that thought of the worst case scenario, the cat that was left in her arms had let out a meow. The fallen knight froze in her tracks, hoping to god that Add didn't notice, and if he did, she hoped that Shizuo could attract the esper's attention away from her.

@The Tactician @Add's Illusion​
036.png

"Call me a terrible friend, I don't give a shit! Call this the worst decision of my life, I don't give a fuck! We've got shit to do, Esper, people to rescue, people to fight! Besides, I ain't doing this shit for you! I just know that Kofuku wouldn't want you to wallow in some fake bullshit when you can go the real thing somehow!"

020.png

With a crack of his knuckles, the Hercules of a bartender was suddenly lifting a couch to throw at Esper, looking to knock him unconscious long enough to remove him from the illusion.

"Now stop running from the truth, you shit!"

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Gummi Bunnies
WBJfeMo.webp

"MS TSUNEMORI! NOOOOOO!!!"

Following that, the young Producer was smashed in the jaw as the illusion begins to disappear. The last thing he saw before that - Robin getting handled real bad. Soon, everyone was back in the room.

"So this is all fun and games to you, huh, Doc?" Kido grumbles as he grabs Dr Shields by the collar. "Usually I'd sit back and crack a joke or two to brighten the mood, but 1 - you've gone too far! Real or not, I will not tolerate any visions of Ms Tsunemori, or any of the UN for that matter, ready to be harmed in any way. 2 - It's A-OK to beat the bollocks out of you, because me, she, him, we all know you're a figment of Boss' deepest darkest nightmares! His may be uglier than mine, but I have every reason to not be afraid!"

As the last word was said, Kido hurls a speedy punch right in the Doctor's face, in an effort to hurl him across the room. His eyes were most bloodcurdled and flamed. "I'll make sure you stay down."

glXTgGe.webp

"I haven't seen you this angry since Grade School," Madoka comments.

"My bad side has been very hard to touch since then, nihi~," Kido turns back with a smile, then looks at Robin. "Listen Boss, your illusions, your rules. You are the only thing holding yourself back. When dealing with the matters of the mind, the only true enemy is yourself. I learned that, my sister learned that, Zen learned that, and it's time for you to learn that too.

Well, you're the Tactician - the guy with the brains. Making the best decisions is to you like producing is to me, so I'll leave you to make the right choice."

@Sen @Mason Moretti @Minerva @Crow @FreeMasons
The doctor didn't take the punch very well. He fell from his chair and grabbed the side of his face. "Jesus Christ! I didn't show you any of those!" some blood would come out of his mouth. "Haven't you ever heard of 'Don't shoot the messenger?'" He winced in pain again, and sat back up. "Make your choice, Robin... I... don't care." He tapped an intercom. "Ugh, this is Doctor Shields. Can I get some pain pills." He said.

Robin stared at the anti-memetic pills. He wouldn't take them. He didn't trust Alan Shields. He stepped out of the chair, and opened the door. The world seemed to freeze for a moment, a lot like a computer. The office began to break like shattered glass.

Robin has been freed from his illusion.

The scene would change from the cold sterility of an SCP Laboratory. Now, you seemed to be in a quaint castle. A young woman in a maid costume was startled as you appeared.

LN32byR.png

"Oh! Are you here to see Lady Corrin?" She asked, a bit startled.

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Sen @FreeMasons

Reactions: Takumi
036.png

"Call me a terrible friend, I don't give a shit! Call this the worst decision of my life, I don't give a fuck! We've got shit to do, Esper, people to rescue, people to fight! Besides, I ain't doing this shit for you! I just know that Kofuku wouldn't want you to wallow in some fake bullshit when you can go the real thing somehow!"

020.png

With a crack of his knuckles, the Hercules of a bartender was suddenly lifting a couch to throw at Esper, looking to knock him unconscious long enough to remove him from the illusion.

"Now stop running from the truth, you shit!"
What are you waiting for, Sunshine? Get on with the stabby stabby before crazed mom lover is finished dealing with Blondie here!

Getting over her earlier fright of Add catching her acting on her own, Elesis gently put the cat down and proceeded into the kitchen. While she felt bad in doing this, she knew that it was a guaranteed way of snapping Add out of this illusion.

Speaking of Add, the esper frowned at the sight of Shizuo aiming to throw a couch at his direction. In a place he thought to be his old home, Add wasn't going to have any of that.

tumblr_nwqu6hTkO51u3z5n7o6_100.png

"... Alright then. You're practically asking for this."

Having three of his Dynamos return to his location, Add had them immediately charge up plasma orbs as the other three Dynamos marked Shizuo's location. The thrown couch was immediately torn by a sudden blast of plasma, showing that the esper had five plasma charges to work with here. Standing in one spot, Add shot one of the plasma charges at Shizuo's feet, and another for his head.

@The Tactician

What are you waiting for, Sunshine? Get on with the stabby stabby before crazed mom lover is finished dealing with Blondie here!

Getting over her earlier fright of Add catching her acting on her own, Elesis gently put the cat down and proceeded into the kitchen. While she felt bad in doing this, she knew that it was a guaranteed way of snapping Add out of this illusion.

Speaking of Add, the esper frowned at the sight of Shizuo aiming to throw a couch at his direction. In a place he thought to be his old home, Add wasn't going to have any of that.

tumblr_nwqu6hTkO51u3z5n7o6_100.png

"... Alright then. You're practically asking for this."

Having three of his Dynamos return to his location, Add had them immediately charge up plasma orbs as the other three Dynamos marked Shizuo's location. The thrown couch was immediately torn by a sudden blast of plasma, showing that the esper had five plasma charges to work with here. Standing in one spot, Add shot one of the plasma charges at Shizuo's feet, and another for his head.

@The Tactician
It might have hurt if those blasts had actually hit Shizuo, or even close to it with their residual heat. It was a shame then that Shizuo wasn't where they aimed, instead having used the couch as a distraction to charge around and get in close to Esper. It was going to be a punishing time for Esper if Shizuo managed to land a single hit on him.

009.png

"Time to knock some sense into your dumb ass, dumbass!"

The doctor didn't take the punch very well. He fell from his chair and grabbed the side of his face. "Jesus Christ! I didn't show you any of those!" some blood would come out of his mouth. "Haven't you ever heard of 'Don't shoot the messenger?'" He winced in pain again, and sat back up. "Make your choice, Robin... I... don't care." He tapped an intercom. "Ugh, this is Doctor Shields. Can I get some pain pills." He said.

Robin stared at the anti-memetic pills. He wouldn't take them. He didn't trust Alan Shields. He stepped out of the chair, and opened the door. The world seemed to freeze for a moment, a lot like a computer. The office began to break like shattered glass.

Robin has been freed from his illusion.

The scene would change from the cold sterility of an SCP Laboratory. Now, you seemed to be in a quaint castle. A young woman in a maid costume was startled as you appeared.

LN32byR.png

"Oh! Are you here to see Lady Corrin?" She asked, a bit startled.

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Sen @FreeMasons

Mason takes a moment to process the shift in the world around them. Then he takes another moment to process the woman in front of them. Coming to his senses, he assumes a gentlemanly posture and responds politely.

"Oh! Hello there. Yes, Miss, we are close friends of Lady Corrin, and we have some urgent news of which we must discuss with her. Would you please lead us towards where she is? We would be very grateful."

@Minerva @Crow @Sen @Mason Moretti @FreeMasons #Corrin's Illusion​

It might have hurt if those blasts had actually hit Shizuo, or even close to it with their residual heat. It was a shame then that Shizuo wasn't where they aimed, instead having used the couch as a distraction to charge around and get in close to Esper. It was going to be a punishing time for Esper if Shizuo managed to land a single hit on him.

009.png

"Time to knock some sense into your dumb ass, dumbass!"
tumblr_o82zzy9UG21v3qowuo7_100.png

"Tch..."

Add had no choice but to go on the offensive. He had been on the receiving end of Shizuo's attacks, and they weren't fun to endure whatsoever. Using his Dynamos, Add was able to quickly project a simple particle shield in front of him, though, it would be break the moment Shizuo had attacked it straight-on. As the esper prepared to do much more after that, a familiar scream caught his attention.

"H-Help!"

The voice of his mother... in pain... suffering...

tumblr_o090hh733e1v3qowuo1_100.png

"Mom!"

Forcing the projection shield to push Shizuo away, Add rushed into the kitchen of the house... only to find that his mother had been brutally stabbed many times by the Crimson Avenger Elesis. His mother was barely alive by the time he had walked in, and even though it was obvious that the mother of his was an illusion by how she bleed out black blood, Add's obsession towards this happy life had blinded him from the truth that both Elesis and Shizuo was trying to get him to see.

tumblr_nwquvv3Mix1u3z5n7o3_100.png

"... Elesis... why would you... kill my... mom? W... why..."

For some reason, Elesis wasn't as quiet as she appeared before. She instead laughed in response at Add's questions.

tumblr_ochrfen5Bx1v3qowuo5_100.png

"Oh c'mon, is that all you got to say, Add? Can't you see that your mommy here is a huge fake? Don't act as if I wasn't around to hear you complain about how you always ended up to some timeline that wasn't your true past. If you didn't like seeing another mom of yours paired up with some alternative version of yourself, how can you actually take in this other illusion mom as real? Just take a gooood look at yourself, and you think you're some good mommy's boy now."

While it was unknown to others, Elesis had been taken over by her phantom, her speech pattern drastically different. Just to see if Add would react any further, she raised her sword over the fatally injured illusion of Add's mother.

"Add... p-please... stop... thi-"

Before his mother could finish her pleas for help, Elesis had lodged her sword into her skull, twisting the blade to ensure that this illusion was dead for good. In Add's eyes, however, he had witnessed his "true" mother die in front of him a second time. He tried to stop Elesis with that mind control virus he put into her, but it didn't seem to be working... All he could do at that moment was let out his frustrations...

tumblr_nbrb955xNB1t50nllo2_400.gif

"AAAUUURRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!"

Forgetting completely about Shizuo, Add sought to bring out his rage down upon Elesis here and now as he stood up to face the fallen knight.

tumblr_o95hp8ydqr1v3qowuo5_100.png

"... Ele... sis..."

Not giving Elesis and her phantom the second to think on what to do next, Add boosted towards them with the help of his Dynamos, using the rest of his weapons to charge up an electrical blast. He wasn't going to show her any mercy for what she had done, not exactly believing this was all an illusion still.

tumblr_ocoil8h0E91v3qowuo9_100.png

"Whoa... back the fuck up! C-Can't you see that your mom is bleeding stuff that isn't red blood!? She's not real goddammit!"

Elesis's phantom was actually panicking with how this was turning out to be, holding up her sword in a defensive position and braced herself for what was to come next.

@The Tactician

Status
Not open for further replies.