• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

hunted-the-demons-forge-wallpaper-burning-city.jpg

Saber Alter swung her blade down, cleaving yet another foe in her path. She ignored it, looking around the city with a scowl and dashed off in a random direction. What sort of illusion was her master in? This place was Hell- Complete with demonic forces and she privately wondered if he was a masochist or if strife was just his nominal state of being, where he felt most comfortable. She needed height.

She ran up the side of a building, flipping her way to the top as she stared out at the expanse of fire, bombardment from the skies and general terror spreading over the city. There was no border she could see, nothing beyond the limits. Which made sense, as this illusion was not hers. It was meant for another sort of fly entirely.

She needed help.

She stabbed her sword into the side next to her and called out.

"IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE?!"

@Jeremi

-----------

Meanwhile, had Lucifer time to think he would have questioned things. Such as how he was able to keep scavenging new weapons, including his own. Or why the children he was watching never really needed water or other essentials, no matter how far or fast they ran. Or how he seemed to always have a burst of strength, at the exact time he needed when it came down to fight.

Battle fever they called it. When you thought of nothing but the fight before you, where survival- Kill or be killed was the only question. Had he been concerned for himself alone, he would have questioned this long ago. As he wasn't...

War was in his blood and he had seen far, far too much of it for it to not have any effect on his psych. The guilt of survival where friends did not, the weariness, the hurt. The Mists of Silent Earth targeted the weakest point of a victims psych...For him, it was always his PTSD. His pathological need to keep others from being in the same boat, the urge to protect.

And it played him like a damned fiddle as he moved back into the fray.​
"Saber!" A shout echoed through out the battlefield and from the dust the silhouette of a woman with a top had emerged. Saber would recognize it to be Zatanna. "I have to tell ya my illusion was way nicer then this. Are you okay? Where's Lucifer?"

@Ringmaster

"Come on, Artyom," I say, my voice carrying away from an ignored narrator and rival to Mason into that of dark whispers within Artyom's ears, "I worked so hard for Mason to be able to save you. You're not going to play along and fight? Fine then. I'll help this world out by getting you out of it."

I tap into Mason's power and create a nice little portal to free Artyom, and Artyom alone, from this illusion. Once he's through, I close that portal so everybody in the "FreeMasons" plays fairly and beats the illusions the right way. After all, this is all a game, isn't it Mason?

"Artyom? Where did he..."

Well, if you'll listen, Mason, I'll tell you. I send Artyom out of Robin's illusion, and back into the "hub" of Mason's. Normally, a stained glass staircase would appear, but Artyom's not being very cooperative, so I have a slide prepared for the moment he falls into the portal that will spiral downwards and drop little Arty right into good old Train's illusion world.

"Will you actually work and save someone this time?" I whisper into his ear.
@Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Artyom had been so busy playing air guitar he didn't notice the portal till it was too late. He fell backwards through the portal and everything went dark. Artyom couldn't see anything at all, what had happened? He couldn't see anything, but felt himself being pulled in a certain direction, Artyom tried to grab something, anything the keep himself from free falling through this dark void, but it was fruitless.

He passed into Train's illusion without really knowing .

Artyom felt a sudden rush of speed, he was free falling again

"Oh my Goooood!" Arty cried as he crashed through the ceiling of hospital room Train was in.

When the dust settled, Train would notice Arty laying face first on the floor, accompanied by the sound of the ranger groaning in pain.

Reactions: Takumi
"Saber!" A shout echoed through out the battlefield and from the dust the silhouette of a woman with a top had emerged. Saber would recognize it to be Zatanna. "I have to tell ya my illusion was way nicer then this. Are you okay? Where's Lucifer?"

@Ringmaster
"I-"

An explosion echoed out from the streets below to the South and Saber turned, eyes wide as she recognized that flare of energy before scowling.

"I think I found him."

The ululating howl of a creature added to the sheer bedlam, as a creature lumbered out from a side street, impaled by a lamp post before crumbling. When her master came out a while later, Saber blinked.

Where her illusion had lasted for five minutes at most, he looked as though he had been here for a week. Stubble was grazing his features, his longcoat had been lost. Scorch marks and old blood stained his clothing, the marks of violence and war she knew well. She didn't understand however, till he gestured to the side and two children ran out to join him. Sabers eyes widened in shock before she facepalmed.

Oh.

Of course.

Her master had a heroic streak the twice the length of the distance people enjoyed being in Shinji Matou's presence. So the illusion played on that, giving him people to fight for rather than to be concerned with himself. Add in the nominal chaos and overall, it was a pretty well done trap. She looked to Zatanna and asked.

"Could you help him? I'll keep away any monsters that seek to interfere."

@Jeremi

"I-"

An explosion echoed out from the streets below to the South and Saber turned, eyes wide as she recognized that flare of energy before scowling.

"I think I found him."

The ululating howl of a creature added to the sheer bedlam, as a creature lumbered out from a side street, impaled by a lamp post before crumbling. When her master came out a while later, Saber blinked.

Where her illusion had lasted for five minutes at most, he looked as though he had been here for a week. Stubble was grazing his features, his longcoat had been lost. Scorch marks and old blood stained his clothing, the marks of violence and war she knew well. She didn't understand however, till he gestured to the side and two children ran out to join him. Sabers eyes widened in shock before she facepalmed.

Oh.

Of course.

Her master had a heroic streak the twice the length of the distance people enjoyed being in Shinji Matou's presence. So the illusion played on that, giving him people to fight for rather than to be concerned with himself. Add in the nominal chaos and overall, it was a pretty well done trap. She looked to Zatanna and asked.

"Could you help him? I'll keep away any monsters that seek to interfere."

@Jeremi

She looked over to were Lucifer was with determination in her eyes. "I'm dragging him out of this. Kicking and screaming if I have to." With that she made her way towards her objective. "Lucifer!" She shouted as she started to get i to ear shot of him. "You need to wake up Lucifer! These kids don't need you. Nothing in this world needs you. The real world on the other hand...Look past it. The smoke and mirrors...I know there's something nagging at the back of your head."

She looked over to were Lucifer was with determination in her eyes. "I'm dragging him out of this. Kicking and screaming if I have to." With that she made her way towards her objective. "Lucifer!" She shouted as she started to get i to ear shot of him. "You need to wake up Lucifer! These kids don't need you. Nothing in this world needs you. The real world on the other hand...Look past it. The smoke and mirrors...I know there's something nagging at the back of your head."
He looked as though he needed a week long nap. But when he saw her, old habits asserted themselves and he saluted before speaking.

"Didn't know you are assigned to this sector Zatanna! You look a lot neater than I- Wait."

He paused to take it all in, before coming to a sharp conclusion as he scowled and summoned his weapons.

"You're not Zatanna. The real Zatanna would have managed to prevent this from happening before it came about!"

There was a sharp look of rage in his eyes now, that even three-quarters battered to death managed to come off as dangerous as he snarled.

"COULDN'T BE CONTENT TO FIGHT ME, NOW YOU'RE USING HER AS A WEAPON?! WHAT'S NEXT? IS YOMI GOING TO COME FOR ME? ARE YOU GOING TO SEND CLAIRE? EVERYONE I EVER CARED FOR AND-RAAAARGH!"

He leaped into the air, black keys in hand as he slashed down at the magician, lost in rage at the supposed illusion.

@Jeremi

Artyom had been so busy playing air guitar he didn't notice the portal till it was too late. He fell backwards through the portal and everything went dark. Artyom couldn't see anything at all, what had happened? He couldn't see anything, but felt himself being pulled in a certain direction, Artyom tried to grab something, anything the keep himself from free falling through this dark void, but it was fruitless.

He passed into Train's illusion without really knowing .

Artyom felt a sudden rush of speed, he was free falling again

"Oh my Goooood!" Arty cried as he crashed through the ceiling of hospital room Train was in.

When the dust settled, Train would notice Arty laying face first on the floor, accompanied by the sound of the ranger groaning in pain.
Although Arty would fall through the ceiling in Train's illusion, the ex-assassin wouldn't see him at first. This was because the scene of his illusion had actually begun to change just before the new arrival would appear. The world would warp and shift, eventually being engulfed by a white light. At some point the light would disappear to reveal an entirely different setting. They were no longer in a hospital setting, but instead they would appear inside a bar area.

Sitting at a table, gobbling down various plates of foods, Arty would see Train. He, along with anyone else who might arrive in Train's illusion would be placed at the door of the building, and could see Train sitting at a table with his friends Eve and Saya. The two illusion individuals would notice Arty before Train would, offering him dark looks as if they knew he was foreign to the world.

tumblr_inline_nl0s3qiy7B1r3leyb.png

In the background Train's third friend, Sven, stood by a bounty requests board. He would pull down a bounty poster and walk over to Train, dropping the poster on the table in front of him. "Hey, I found us a good one. This guy is wanted, dead or alive, and the bounty is ginormous. So, how about it, Train? Wanna help us find him? If we catch him, we'll get to eat something decent tonight rather than the scraps you're eating now."

Train sighed, poking at the bread crusts piled up on his plate. "Sure, got any leads on where he is?"

Gesturing toward the door, Saya pointed toward Arty. "Call me crazy, but I think your bounty is standing right at the door."

Raising an eyebrow, Train glanced between the poster and Artyom. "Huh, kinda strange a criminal would walk right into a hangout for sweepers, but I'll take it."

tumblr_inline_nl0lr5AEtk1r3leyb.png

Train rose to his feet and drew his pistol, pointing it at Arty as he started to walk toward him. "Put your hands up and nobody gets hurt," he warned, speaking as if he didn't recognize him.

@Nater Taters @Mason Moretti @Train's Illusion​

Although Arty would fall through the ceiling in Train's illusion, the ex-assassin wouldn't see him at first. This was because the scene of his illusion had actually begun to change just before the new arrival would appear. The world would warp and shift, eventually being engulfed by a white light. At some point the light would disappear to reveal an entirely different setting. They were no longer in a hospital setting, but instead they would appear inside a bar area.

Sitting at a table, gobbling down various plates of foods, Arty would see Train. He, along with anyone else who might arrive in Train's illusion would be placed at the door of the building, and could see Train sitting at a table with his friends Eve and Saya. The two illusion individuals would notice Arty before Train would, offering him dark looks as if they knew he was foreign to the world.

In the background Train's third friend, Sven, stood by a bounty requests board. He would pull down a bounty poster and walk over to Train, dropping the poster on the table in front of him. "Hey, I found us a good one. This guy is wanted, dead or alive, and the bounty is ginormous. So, how about it, Train? Wanna help us find him? If we catch him, we'll get to eat something decent tonight rather than the scraps you're eating now."

Train sighed, poking at the bread crusts piled up on his plate. "Sure, got any leads on where he is?"

Gesturing toward the door, Saya pointed toward Arty. "Call me crazy, but I think your bounty is standing right at the door."

Raising an eyebrow, Train glanced between the poster and Artyom. "Huh, kinda strange a criminal would walk right into a hangout for sweepers, but I'll take it."

Train rose to his feet and drew his pistol, pointing it at Arty as he started to walk toward him. "Put your hands up and nobody gets hurt," he warned, speaking as if he didn't recognize him.

There were three things wrong here for Artyom, one, the illusion switched from the hospital to some bar, how it was able to do that, Artyom would probably never understand. Two, it appeared that Train was suffering from memory loss or something, cause he didn't recognize the ranger, plus the fact Eve and Saya seemed to be aware of his intrusion into this illusion , that worried him. Third, it seemed that Artyom was some kind of fugitive in this illusion. That concerned him greatly, it seemed that he might have shoot his way out of this illusion, with Train in tow of course.

However, his mind went blank when the ex assassin pulled a gun on him, well, so much for easy. Artyom reached down to retrieve his revolver and shoot the gun out of Train's hand, when he paused, it wasn't there, his revolver was missing, Artyom took this moment to glance down and notice, he wasn't in his ranger gear, what the hell was with this illusion? Instead of wearing his normal ranger apparel, he seemed to be wearing a pair of worn,navy blue jeans, some tan works boots and a black hoodie. He was also, for some reason wearing a ball cap as well.

Artyom knew, if he wasn't wearing his gear, he most likely didn't have his firearms as well. He slowly raised his hands into the air, taking a small step towards Train

"All right....all right, just take it easy man."

Last edited by a moderator:

There were three things wrong here for Artyom, one, the illusion switched from the hospital to some bar, how it was able to do that, Artyom would probably never understand. Two, it appeared that Train was suffering from memory loss or something, cause he didn't recognize the ranger, plus the fact Eve and Saya seemed to be aware of his intrusion into this illusion , that worried him. Third, it seemed that Artyom was some kind of fugitive in this illusion. That concerned him greatly, it seemed that he might have shoot his way out of this illusion, with Train in tow of course.

However, his mind went blank when the ex assassin pulled a gun on him, well, so much for easy. Artyom reached down to retrieve his revolver and shoot the gun of of Train's hand, when he paused, it wasn't there, his revolver was missing, Artyom took this moment to glance down and notice, he wasn't in his ranger gear, what the hell was with this illusion? Instead of wearing his normal ranger apparel, he seemed to be wearing a pair of worn,navy blue jeans, some tan works boots and a black hoodie. He was also, for some reason wearing a ball cap as well.

Artyom knew, if he wasn't wearing his gear, he most likely didn't have his firearms as well. He slowly raised his hands into the air, taking a small step towards Train

A soft, sweet voice echoes in Artyom's ear, although no person is beside him to whisper it. The voice, my voice, says, "Oh, Artyom. I can't have you or Train dying on me, now can I? Here, I'll help you out. Be careful not to hurt Choo-Choo Train too badly."

An electric blue aura surrounds Artyom's hands, forming into the revolver that the illusion had stolen from him. It's a crude recreation, but it's the best I can do and it'll do its job. The aura becomes physical in Artyom's dominant hand, already loaded and ready to fire.

@Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Train's Illusion​

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
"Stiiiiles...~"

A female voice rang out in a singsong manner, echoing throughout the area. The teenager that Stiles recognized to be Victoria sauntered over to the boy, a playful smile on her face.

RZr6y6y.png

"It's not so bad here... I'm sorry I couldn't come with you, but you know how it is. I'm here now, right? Maybe I could even find Diana...?"
He paused as she said his name.

For some reason, Void Stiles had vanished and Stiles felt like he was forgetting something or someone. He just felt so happy seeing Victoria again, and he wasn't sure what to say to her.

latest

" I am not too certain about that. I mean we are in a- ," he paused and looked up. He wasn't in Eichen House anymore. He was in his room. " Yeah, it is."
@Atomyk

Scott's illusion part 2: Some Other Me

Scott was out of breath. Peter was winning and he couldn't deal with that. He couldn't let that happen. He had to fight back, he had to win. As Peter went in for the final blow, a sharp snap came as his head was clawed straight off his neck. Someone had just murdered him. He looked at him and saw someone who bore a strangely similar resemblance to him.

large.gif

" Oh, my dear sweet innocent one. You couldn't even hurt the illusion here. What chance do you have against me?" Dark Scott, the Blood Wolf said.

Scott didn't know what to say, this thing didn't feel like an illusion. He looked like the real thing. " I can. I have a pack, you're not me."

" You gave me the way. You did it back when you hurt the splicer. A little carnage gave me passage. Sometimes, it's the little things that screw you."
The Blood Wolf looked at him and equipped his claws, time to become the best True Alpha. Scott could only watch, backing away, hoping he could get help.

@HELP SCOTT, THAT AIN'T NO ILLUSSION

However, his mind went blank when the ex assassin pulled a gun on him, well, so much for easy. Artyom reached down to retrieve his revolver and shoot the gun of of Train's hand, when he paused, it wasn't there, his revolver was missing, Artyom took this moment to glance down and notice, he wasn't in his ranger gear, what the hell was with this illusion? Instead of wearing his normal ranger apparel, he seemed to be wearing a pair of worn,navy blue jeans, some tan works boots and a black hoodie. He was also, for some reason wearing a ball cap as well.

A soft, sweet voice echoes in Artyom's ear, although no person is beside him to whisper it. The voice, my voice, says, "Oh, Artyom. I can't have you or Train dying on me, now can I? Here, I'll help you out. Be careful not to hurt Choo-Choo Train too badly."

An electric blue aura surrounds Artyom's hands, forming into the revolver that the illusion had stolen from him. It's a crude recreation, but it's the best I can do and it'll do its job. The aura becomes physical in Artyom's dominant hand, already loaded and ready to fire.

tumblr_inline_nl0kswuKbc1r3leyb.png

Train relaxed at first when Arytom began to surrender, only to tense his grip on the pistol in his hand when some sort of blue aura would form a gun in the fugitive's hands. He wasn't sure how it had happened, but he hoped the man didn't intend to fight back. "Nice party trick, but you'd better drop that gun," Train hissed, giving Arty a chance to listen. The ex-assassin didn't intend to shoot him if he didn't have to, but he was considering other ways of subduing him.

Reactions: Mason Moretti

tumblr_inline_nl0kswuKbc1r3leyb.png

Train relaxed at first when Arytom began to surrender, only to tense his grip on the pistol in his hand when some sort of blue aura would form a gun in his hands. He wasn't sure how it had happened, but he hoped the man didn't intend to fight back. "Nice party trick, but you'd better drop that gun," Train hissed, giving Arty a chance to listen. The ex-assassin didn't intend to shoot him if he didn't have to, but he was considering other ways of subduing him.

Artyom was suprised that a blue aura had appeared and had formed a pretty accurate recreation of the 44 magnum revolver he carried on his person at all times, it seems like someone, or something was keeping an eye out for him. Still, the fact that Train seemed to determined to arrest him made him reluctant to fire. Perhaps he could reason with Train

"Train...what are you doing? Don't you remember me? It's me....Artyom, you know....Arty?" He asked, hopefully the nickname Train gave him would jog Train's memory.

Artyom was hoping he wouldn't have to say his other nickname if this attempt to break through the illusion's hold on Train failed

• Thank You
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Artyom was suprised that a blue aura had appeared and had formed a pretty accurate recreation of the 44 magnum revolver he carried on his person at all times, it seems like someone, or something was keeping an eye out for him. Still, the fact that Train seemed to determined to arrest him made him reluctant to fire. Perhaps he could reason with Train

"Train...what are you doing? Don't you remember me? It's me....Artyom, you know....Arty?" He asked, hopefully the nickname Train gave him would jog Train's memory.

Artyom was hoping he wouldn't have to say his other nickname if this attempt to break through the illusion's hold on Train failed
tumblr_inline_nl0kowcs2P1r3leyb.png

"Excuse me?" Train asked, confused when the man would act as if they were familiar with each other. "The name doesn't ring a bell. You're saying we've met before?"

In the background, Saya would call out to Train. "Don't let your guard down, Train. He has a weapon."

"Right," the young man replied, keeping his glare fixed on Arty.

I can't put my finger on it, but this guy does look familiar...

tumblr_inline_nl0kowcs2P1r3leyb.png

"Excuse me?" Train asked, confused when the man would act as if they were familiar with each other. "The name doesn't ring a bell. You're saying we've met before?"

In the background, Saya would call out to Train. "Don't let your guard down, Train. He has a weapon."

"Right," the young man replied, keeping his glare fixed on Arty.

I can't put my finger on it, but this guy does look familiar...

Artyom looked between Saya and Train, he took a step closer to Train, now within 10 feet of Train. He hated himself for what he was about to ask Train, but this may have been his last chance.

" Maybe this name will jog your memory.Train, it's me Rabbit, don't do this man...listen, you're in a illusion, none of this is real....it's trying to keep you trapped within it's grasp, please...you have to fight it's influence....I don't wish to harm you.

"The UN's not always like this, no." Robin said. "Unless you're stationed in a bad universe with the Peacekeepers or something. Usually it's just diplomacy and paperwork. But, there's some positives."

"Take Robin alive." Was what the leader of the GOC Troops shouted. "I don't care what you have to do to get him alive, just get him alive!"

Meanwhile, before The Producer could reach Akane, a group of GOC Troops would block the exit, and a flood of fleeing people would engulf her into the crowd. The crowd would ebb and flow with people as GOC soldiers and Peacekeepers alike fired around. People ducked and covered, people ran around, and people died. Whatever happened to her, the Producer or Robin wouldn't see.

A soldier would attempt to hit Kido with the butt of his rifle in an attempt to break his jaw. Meanwhile, Robin would have his sword drawn, and be slashing at several GOC soldiers with mason to support him. The soldiers seemed to fade into dust as they were hit, only for more to come through the door later, like the heads of a hydra.

They forced their way through the line Peacekeepers falling back, leaving civilians and leaders alike exposed to the GOC soldiers. A large GOC soldier stepped up to Robin, reached out, and picked him up by the throat. Robin struggled to breath for a second, and clutched at his throat.

As the soldier would grab Robin's throat, the vision would dissipate. Robin would be breathing raggedly. He would pick the glass up again and quickly drink the rest of the water. "Let me out of this nightmare. Right now." He said.

Doctor Shields looked up. "Are you ready now, Robin? Take the pill, I promise, it's the only way out."

@Sen @Mason Moretti @Crow @FreeMasons

Artyom looked between Saya and Train, he took a step closer to Train, now within 10 feet of Train. He hated himself for what he was about to ask Train, but this may have been his last chance.

" Maybe this name will jog your memory.Train, it's me Rabbit, don't do this man...listen, you're in a illusion, none of this is real....it's trying to keep you trapped within it's grasp, please...you have to fight it's influence....I don't wish to harm you.
tumblr_inline_nl0l3kP7Ho1r3leyb.png

"Rabbit? Um, well--"

Okay, that sounds very familiar. And he says this is an... illusion?

"Train, what are you doing? Catch that guy already so we can all eat some good food tonight," Sven chimed in, as if the illusion were trying to draw Train in and keep him under its hold.

"We're rooting for you, Train! You can do it!" Saya added in.

The sweeper honestly felt like his head was spinning. Just what exactly was going on? Was it really an illusion? He was having a difficult time wrapping his mind around the situation.

tumblr_inline_nl0nc6nEDB1r3leyb.png

"Ugh, everyone just pipe down. I'm trying to think..."

Dropping his gun to his side, Train let out a sigh. In his mind, he could feel them: faint memory flashes of Arty and a few others from the Coalition. He could feel that these memories were real in the back of his mind, but he felt uncomfortable accepting them. Why would he want to when he could live in a world where all of his friends were around? This was the type of reality he wanted. A world where Sven wasn't in a coma, Eve wasn't missing, and Saya wasn't...

Train glanced back over his shoulder, looking toward the girl in the kimono.

Dammit, I made peace with your death. Why is it so hard to let this go?

Train returned his focus to Arty, a frown on his lips as he lifted his gun back up.

tumblr_inline_nl0ogkbHsG1r3leyb.png

"Go ahead and shoot. If you don't I will," he told Arty, his grip on the gun looser now, almost hesitant.​

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
"The UN's not always like this, no." Robin said. "Unless you're stationed in a bad universe with the Peacekeepers or something. Usually it's just diplomacy and paperwork. But, there's some positives."

"Take Robin alive." Was what the leader of the GOC Troops shouted. "I don't care what you have to do to get him alive, just get him alive!"

Meanwhile, before The Producer could reach Akane, a group of GOC Troops would block the exit, and a flood of fleeing people would engulf her into the crowd. The crowd would ebb and flow with people as GOC soldiers and Peacekeepers alike fired around. People ducked and covered, people ran around, and people died. Whatever happened to her, the Producer or Robin wouldn't see.

A soldier would attempt to hit Kido with the butt of his rifle in an attempt to break his jaw. Meanwhile, Robin would have his sword drawn, and be slashing at several GOC soldiers with mason to support him. The soldiers seemed to fade into dust as they were hit, only for more to come through the door later, like the heads of a hydra.

They forced their way through the line Peacekeepers falling back, leaving civilians and leaders alike exposed to the GOC soldiers. A large GOC soldier stepped up to Robin, reached out, and picked him up by the throat. Robin struggled to breath for a second, and clutched at his throat.

As the soldier would grab Robin's throat, the vision would dissipate. Robin would be breathing raggedly. He would pick the glass up again and quickly drink the rest of the water. "Let me out of this nightmare. Right now." He said.

Doctor Shields looked up. "Are you ready now, Robin? Take the pill, I promise, it's the only way out."

@Sen @Mason Moretti @Crow @FreeMasons

WBJfeMo.webp

"MS TSUNEMORI! NOOOOOO!!!"

Following that, the young Producer was smashed in the jaw as the illusion begins to disappear. The last thing he saw before that - Robin getting handled real bad. Soon, everyone was back in the room.

Kido rubbed his jaw a little, seeing that it was intact. He then looks at Dr Shields with great anger.

"So this is all fun and games to you, huh, Doc? Boss over here is just your puppet, A pawn chess piece, a disposable N- or R-rarity card that you wasted your precious little first Gacha Ticket on? Is that it?" Kido grumbles as he grabs Dr Shields by the collar. "Usually I'd sit back and crack a joke or two to brighten the mood, but 1 - you've gone too far! Real or not, I will not tolerate any visions of Ms Tsunemori, or any of the UN for that matter, ready to be harmed in any way. Mostly Ms Tsunemori, but that's besides the point. 2 - It's A-OK to beat the bollocks out of you, because me, she, him, we all know you're a figment of Boss' deepest darkest nightmares! His may be uglier than mine, but I have every reason to not be afraid!"

As the last word was said, Kido hurls a speedy punch right in the Doctor's face, in an effort to hurl him across the room. His eyes were most bloodcurdled and flamed. "I'll make sure you stay down."

glXTgGe.webp

"I haven't seen you this angry since Grade School," Madoka comments.

"My bad side has been very hard to touch since then, nihi~," Kido turns back with a smile, then looks at Robin. "Listen Boss, your illusions, your rules. You are the only thing holding yourself back. The Doctor is probably a representation of your fear or something, an extension of you. When dealing with the matters of the mind, the only true enemy is yourself. I learned that, my sister learned that, Zen learned that, and it's time for you to learn that too.

Well, you're the Tactician - the guy with the brains. Making the best decisions is to you like producing is to me, so I'll leave you to make the right choice. Just remember that Shields over there isn't your ticket out, you are. Oh! He's getting up, I'll go keep him down.

Remember Boss, your dream, your grasp, take control of this illusion, don't let it control you..."

And so Kido continues to keep Dr Shields down while Robin makes the decision. He continues to look at Dr Shields with the most heartless face possible.

"You probably have a gun, another weapon, guards, the usual. As long as I am well aware that this is a world created from deep, dark and twisted thoughts, I have no reason to hold back!"

With that last word, the little Producer unleashes a strong, powerful kick at Dr Shields' face. He repeatedly kicks Shields in the face until...

"That is enough, brother," Madoka sternly crosses her arms. "Don't let rage consume you. Let us wait for Mr Aquilus to make his choice."

From the most heartless expression, Kido's expression was now that of a pouting child.

"But he-"

"You yourself are well aware that this is an illusion. Would the real her like to see you like this?"

"I never did know."

"Let us never find out."

@Sen @Mason Moretti @Minerva @Crow @FreeMasons

Last edited:
He looked as though he needed a week long nap. But when he saw her, old habits asserted themselves and he saluted before speaking.

"Didn't know you are assigned to this sector Zatanna! You look a lot neater than I- Wait."

He paused to take it all in, before coming to a sharp conclusion as he scowled and summoned his weapons.

"You're not Zatanna. The real Zatanna would have managed to prevent this from happening before it came about!"

There was a sharp look of rage in his eyes now, that even three-quarters battered to death managed to come off as dangerous as he snarled.

"COULDN'T BE CONTENT TO FIGHT ME, NOW YOU'RE USING HER AS A WEAPON?! WHAT'S NEXT? IS YOMI GOING TO COME FOR ME? ARE YOU GOING TO SEND CLAIRE? EVERYONE I EVER CARED FOR AND-RAAAARGH!"

He leaped into the air, black keys in hand as he slashed down at the magician, lost in rage at the supposed illusion.

@Jeremi

Ugh of course this is how it would go down. Zatanna shouted one of her reverse incantation to form a protective barrier around herself. "Come on Lucifer! Look beyond all of this!" She wasn't going to attack him but instead used her magic to create vines from the ground to trap him.

Ugh of course this is how it would go down. Zatanna shouted one of her reverse incantation to form a protective barrier around herself. "Come on Lucifer! Look beyond all of this!" She wasn't going to attack him but instead used her magic to create vines from the ground to trap him.
For all his quiet manner and exhaustion, the man could move like a snake when needed. All grace and power in singular strikes, at the most economical moments. The vines were avoided, save when he couldn't help it. He kept on moving, never giving her a chance to isolate him. And when he was ready....

A whistling noise caused him to spin and Sabers sword slammed down into the block, sending him to his knees.

Long enough for vines to coil around and keep him down. Saber panted, looking angry as she stepped back and scowled at the illusion of the kids he was protecting. Hesitating....She finally spoke to Zatanna as she came close.

"I.... This place has warped his sense of time. Is there some...Magical prod or something shocking to bring him out of his delusion you have on you?"

@Jeremi

For all his quiet manner and exhaustion, the man could move like a snake when needed. All grace and power in singular strikes, at the most economical moments. The vines were avoided, save when he couldn't help it. He kept on moving, never giving her a chance to isolate him. And when he was ready....

A whistling noise caused him to spin and Sabers sword slammed down into the block, sending him to his knees.

Long enough for vines to coil around and keep him down. Saber panted, looking angry as she stepped back and scowled at the illusion of the kids he was protecting. Hesitating....She finally spoke to Zatanna as she came close.

"I.... This place has warped his sense of time. Is there some...Magical prod or something shocking to bring him out of his delusion you have on you?"

@Jeremi

"I'm not in the business to prod peoples minds anymore." Zatanna responded. "What about you? You and him have a connection. Talk to him. Help him get out of his hole."

"I'm not in the business to prod peoples minds anymore." Zatanna responded. "What about you? You and him have a connection. Talk to him. Help him get out of his hole."
Saber hesitated, considering before finally walking before him. For a long moment she stared at him, looked at his scowl and by various degrees, her own expression began to become distasteful as her lip curled. Looking him in the eye, she spoke.

"You can't save them and you never could."

He grew still and the words hung in the air. Saber Alter continued relentlessly.

"You think I hadn't seen this before? That I couldn't recognize the trap, tailor made for you? Most of us gained our hearts desire...I saw a world where I was accepted, befriended without eyes layered by mistrust. Here however, there is nothing of the sort because its what you are. Personal happiness is such a foreign concept, because you never felt as though you deserved it. You who had survived so much, where others had died. You who had fought like a demon in battlefields that consumed other warriors....This is a truth all such people like us feel. So how do you balance it?"

"Stop."

"You survive and you break yourself in helping others. You make yourself the living wall between life and death. There is only ever the next war."

"Stop."

"The next fight, as you continually and ever onwards-."

"Shut up."

"-Seek death, wherever she may be."

"RAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH!!"

The vines snapped, the children screamed as the Black Keys came to hand.

And cleaved right through them, the Illusion shattering around them as Lucifer slumped to his knees. Gone was the beard, the traces of battle. The weapons clattered on the floor and Lucifer...No longer entrapped covered his face in shame. Saber stared for a moment before lowering her eyes and walking back to Zatanna. Quietly, she spoke.

"It was easy to do that....Name his dark desire."

With a bitter smile, the False King shook her head slowly to the magician as she walked past.

"....It was like seeing into a mirror to my own."

@Jeremi

Status
Not open for further replies.