• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

1496b4f6e2797aef997f868890ca1cbc.jpg

Out of nowhere, Add's Illusion began to take more of an environmental form than first expected, appearing as a peaceful and quaint countryside house by the looks of it. As his mother fit the new setting, Add clearly did not, but he didn't mind as long as he was going to have a chance at this happiness again. He wasn't going to deny it, which meant he didn't care if it were fake. As long as he saw a place for him to fit in, where an alternative version of his past self wasn't taking his beloved mother's attention away.

"Home sweet home. You must've missed being here, Add dear. But you're home now. So relax~ I'll go bake some chocolate chip cookies for you, so do what you like while that's going on. Hm... maybe play with your pet cat Apo? As long as you don't wander too far from home, alright?"

As his mom began to head into the house, the esper gave a happy response in return.

tumblr_nwqu6hTkO51u3z5n7o5_100.png

"Okay mom! I understand what you mean! Don't forget to add lots of chocolate chips onto the cookies too, I just love that rich sweet taste of chocolate!"

Delighted by her son's response, the loving mother stepped back into the house, wanting to treat Add to her freshly baked cookies. Left right outside the house on the porch, Add had his Dynamos position themselves as platforms for his cat, Apo, to climb on and play with. With how they were designed, Add was certain that a few scratches wasn't going to be that harmful to it's metal... even though the cat's playful scratching didn't seem to do anything to it.

Watching Apo mess around with his Dynamos and even rubbing against his legs, Add couldn't help but hear some weird things going on. Almost like there were other voices and noises related to that group he was with before he had seemingly returned to a new home with his mom. Even so, he shrugged it off and continued to mess around with his cat.

After all, this was the happy ending he wanted after all of these failed attempts of going back into the past and saving his mom from certain death...

@anybody​

Illusion: Family

10.png

"Hmm... where am I?" Zidane said, waking up on the ground of a place he knew too well.

latest

"This is-!" Zidane jumped in surprised as he looked around. Why on earth would Zidane be at Alexandria Castle at this time? Was it an enemy's plan.

"Garnet!" Zidane realized the possibility of Garnet, queen of Alexandria and spouse, being in danger. Zidane turned and rushed straight to the throne room.

---

latest

"Garnet! Where are you!?" Zidane yelled out as he desperately tried to search for her.

"Zidane?"

gbye5.png

A girl overhead on the platform looked down towards Zidane. Her vision was fixtated on Zidane.

"Garnet!" Zidane ran upstairs and met up with Garnet. "Where's every-"

awshi6.png

Before Zidane can finish, Garnet hugged Zidane tightly.

"!"

"Zidane.... I'm so glad you're back..." Garnet began to shed tears of joy, as if Zidane was missing for years.

"Yeah..." Zidane said, and hugged her back. After a while, they unhugged each other.

49.png

"What happened to the others?" Zidane said, trying to get back on track.

"The others? Steiner and Beatrix are at the dining hall, I think Freya is still helping the Burmecians repair Burmecia and Clerya. Also..." Garnet was about to continue on before Zidane interrupted her.

"Not them! I mean where are Bibi and the alliance members?!"

"Bibi? He's probably watching a play at the theatre. Is something wrong?"

"Something weird is happening, and I have to figure out why I'm here. Do you know anything on how I got back here?" Zidane asked Garnet.

"I don't know... but I must confess something..." Garnet held both her hand near her jeweled necklace, looking shyly down.

"What is it?"

"Can you.... sleep with me?"

5.png

"W-what?" Zidane reeled back from the shock from what Garnet was saying. "What are you-"

"I'm sorry but... every night... I heard a strange sound. I tried to find the source, but I can't find where it was coming from. Every night... I'm in my bed... scared alone..." Garnet started to shiver, as if it had gotten to her mind.

6Li9Wt7.png

"That's why I ask of you to sleep with me. So I can put my mind at ease."

Zidane thought about this. If Zidane followed Garnet and attended the night with her, he might get some of dat tush.

But there was something else Zidane had to focus on, and it was the fates of the Coalition, the UN, and the other organizations.

"I'm sorry, but I can't. There are people in danger." Zidane said, and went out looking for Bibi and the others.

GETOUT3.png

"Zidane! Wait!"

--

latest

Back outside, as Zidane was dashing out of the castle, he noticed a shadow with a familiar shape near the castle gardens. Zidane then walked over there to see who it was, and sure enough, it was who Zidane thought it was.

JqwJXrZ.png

"O-oh, hello Zidane!" Ilona, who was looking at the sunflowers, noticed Zidane coming, and greeting him.

25.png

"H-huh?" Zidane was caught off guard from that.

Because Zidane noticed that something was off about Ilona. Ilona used to call him "Sir Zidane". Why is Ilona not calling him a "sir," Zidane wondered.

"Y-yeah... Hi..." Zidane said after hesitating.

Gaoz3Sp.png

"The sunflowers are so beautiful, as if they were THE SUN." Ilona stared at them, and plucked one off the flowerbed. "But I realize that there is something... no... someone more beautiful than the sunflowers."

"What- I mean... who is it?" Zidane asked.

"You, Zidane."

"Wait, what?" Zidane was taken aback once again. First Garnet... now Ilona... what was going on?

"U-um... I'm sorry, Ilona, but..." Zidane took long pauses in between before Ilona spoke again.

ykD57FS.png

"Yes... I understand... Zidane, you already have a girlfriend, am I wrong?"

Zidane was surprised about that fact that Ilona knows that. How did she figure that out?

Just then, Garnet appeared at the garden as well, where both Zidane and Ilona was.

00389-2.jpg

"Ilona told me about it."

"G-Garnet! I can explain, please!"

"You don't need to explain. I understand." Garnet said, knowing Zidane's reaction to the ludicrous situation. "And that's why we like to propose something."

"Zidane... please... marry both of us." Both princess and former princesses said towards ZIdane.

"Wait, what is going on here?" Zidane was losing his mind on what was occuring before him.

dagger.png

"If you marry me, we'll both be happy." Garnet said, hoping that Zidane would accept this offer.

qsIKArt.png

"And if you marry me, I get to find out what Sir Deoxys was saying about the birds and the bees!" Ilona said with much spirit.

"I'm sorry guys, but I can't- I have to go back!" ZIdane said and turned around as well as not wanting to show Ilona the birds and the bees, about to make a run for it, before meeting the most unbelievable scene to unfold within his eyes.

latest

tumblr_inline_muhrr7g2p41rk0sf0.jpg

"Zidane... brother." An emotionless girl who also has a tail walked towards Zidane with another person arm to arm.

"Hmph... Hello there, lil' brother."

"What the? Why is Kuja here? And why is Mikoto with him!?" Zidane hopped back in surprise.

"It's not that big of a deal. And why do you think Kuja is dead or something?" Mikoto retorted back.

tumblr_inline_muhrt8BUrr1rk0sf0.jpg

"I'm still alive, thank you very much." Kuja made a witty remark.

"But didn't you die? Didn't Garland place a time limit on you?!" Zidane couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"So? Does that mean I won't ever come back? I AM the person who created the black mages and destroyed most of your continent."

"I forgot to mention to you..." Garnet spoke.... "That Mikoto and Kuja are living here in Alexandria as brother and sister. If you live with us, you get to live with them as well. Didn't you want to save Kuja back then too?"

Zidane already realized that this was too impossible a situation to occur.

"No! This isn't reality!" Zidane said as he made a blind dash to the moat, not wanting to be persuaded by the illusions around him.

icon508.png

"Zidane!"

RDiKhbo.png

"Z-Zidane!"

tumblr_nkjm2hDLW41qgar4xo2_r1_500.png

"Wait, brother."

tumblr_inline_muhs2qRny91rk0sf0.jpg

"Hold on! I still want to have a rematch with you!"

---

As Zidane woke up again, he looked around to see that he was in the middle of nowhere, with nothing around.

"Wait, where am I?" Zidane looked around, and noticed Bibi.

12.png

"Bibi! There you are! What hap-" Zidane said cheerfully, as if he didn't experience the illusion himself, but then stopped, because as he got closer to Bibi, he noticed Bibi's staff on the ground, and Bibi himself, trembling with fear.

tumblr_inline_mry8bpsUNt1rk0sf0.jpg

"I'm sorry... I'm sorry... I'm sorry... " Bibi muttered repeatly.

"Bibi? Hey, Bibi! What's wrong?!" Zidane tried to shake Bibi out of it, but it would seem that Bibi had been frozen by his previous illusions...

"Damn it! What is going on here?!?!?!" Zidane screamed at the top of his lungs.

END OF ILLUSION

Last edited by a moderator:
... Alright, Mason. You can get your powers back.

Mason felt the fire of his soul ignite. The aura that had been sealed away was released through his necklace's power. He began burning brightly with his signature purple aura.

His powers restored, Mason forms a different weapon than what he would normally use, inspired by the power of the song. Around his hands, his aura formed gauntlets with sharp points at the ends of the fingers, giving the illusion of the claws of some sort of wild animal. He charged through the group of "officers" with his claws ready to tear them to shreds. With each fatal blow, an officer would burst into a rain of blue confetti. "Is this what a party with you is like, Kido? I should hang out more with you after this. Maybe I have a shot at becoming an idol?"

Mason delivered a joyful laugh. The fact that the downed illusions burst into confetti brightened up the dark mood of the illusion. He was having tons of fun. For a second, this was all a game. He forgot about the chaos others were going through and it brought a ray of hope and light into his heart.

@FreeMasons

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Sen

Artyom was really unsure what to think of this whole situation. It was certainly strange. Still, the fact that there were enemies that needed dispatching sent Artyom into action. He pulled his side loading machine gun off his back and loaded it. "The Bastard Gun" wasn't the best weapon, but in this case, he needed a rapid firing weapon. He took aim at the officers and fired into the crowd, the fact that they turned to blue confetti instead of blood and guts seemed to make him feel a little better.

WBJfeMo.webp

"Sorry Mason, but my Production focuses on female idols. Though, you'd fit perfectly with 315Pro, or you could try crossdressing, it legit works..." Kido grins. "You don't look half bad in those, but these are what make the song complete."

Kido generates a red aura-based guitar, strumming it for massive damage.

"Mush up! Mash up! HYAAAHYAAAHYAAAA!"

Meanwhile, he was fighting 'Mirei', who had legit metallic claws. They clashed continuously while the various cops around exploded into confetti due to the efforts of Mason and Artyom.

n0dMxd6.webp

"We'll never take a liking to you."

"But you did. Let's savour this dance. Because I've taken a liking to you."

mKSgCsB.webp

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!"

Weapons clashed as the music started to shift.

(The 'shift' starts from 3:11)

glXTgGe.webp

"The effects of The Siivagunner Collection! They're kicking in!" Madoka exclaims in utter shock as the environment was altered into a frozen outdoor land. "It's warping the environment and producing mashups!"

"SNOW HALATION MOTHERFUCKERS! HYAAAHYAAAHYAAAHYAAA!!!!"
ifasAqg.gif

"Madoka PD-ssi. Your brother is a very interesting guy~"

glXTgGe.webp

"It took me a while to realise that too. I learned it the hard way..." Madoka nods.

And so a great battle raged on. Soon, the police were fully exterminated by Mason and Artyom's onslaught while the final battle between 'Mirei' and Kido took place. They charged at each other...

... and 'Mirei' stabbed Kido through the heart.

2Pcq61N.webp

"Game, set and match."

But that didn't phase Kido one bit.

He looks right at Mirei with his hellish, glowing crimson eyes and grins as his body begins to burn with a heavy metal soul. 'Mirei' burns due to stabbing into him and explodes into purple confetti as a purple aura was absorbed into Kido.

Once again, everyone could see a glimpse of Kido's memories. This time, it was in some cafe as opposed to the very office.

da000df3ec68bd3bdeb736063003bda4.jpg

"What's the meaning of this, Producer?"

WBJfeMo.webp

"I always keep to my promise."

"And what would that be?"

"The promise of letting you wear all the cute outfits there can be."

Mirei blushes.

"Sh- shut up, shut up, shut up! This isn't even cute... it's... it's so... frilly... and uncouth..."

"It's cute to me. I understand if it isn't cute to you, so..."

"Fine, I'll wear it for the photoshoot."

Kido visibly chuckles.

"What's so funny, Producer?"

"It's nothing really. I'm just glad you're having fun. You are having fun, right?"

Mirei then turns to look behind.

3636752aaa4fff30e038839aa6121adf.png

"Miiirei~"

"For the most part..." Mirei stutters as she looks at another girl.

"Guess we're two of a kind then..." Kido shrugs.

Mirei nods and smiles. "Well, Producer, what would you like to order?"

"The greatest smile you can deliver."

"I'LL CLAW YOU!" She growls

"OK, OK, three strawberry parfaits."

"Three? You're a big eater."

"My sister and Tachibana are sitting around here."

"I thought you hated your sister."

"Not anymore. Not anymore."

"I don't know..."

"But I do."

"Do you know about my ferhvjcg..."

"What?"

"Nothing! I said nothing!"

And thus, the winter wonderland vanished into nothingness as everyone found themselves in Kido's office once more. Kido's eyes were normal again. From the door, a... person appeared. As the only two UN members in the room, the Producer siblings were the only ones who would possibly recognise the face of Ms Akane Tsunemori.

sLQdC8D.jpg

"It's time for your execution, Maki Kido!"

"Hmm..." Kido looks at Madoka, then at Akane with her dominator aimed at him. He kneels down and unleashes a black box - a black box that Zen might recognise.

"Hanazawa-Girl- I mean, Ms Akane Tsunemori..." he opens the box, revealing a wedding ring. "Will you... marry me?"

psycho-pass-r4-akane.jpg

"!!!"

Akane dropped her dominator, before it froze mid-air as the environment and Akane turned into one big glitchfest. Our fellow Freemasons were warped into another void.

"What just happened?" Madoka asks.

"That's a great desire, and also a great fear," Kido mentions.

"I regret underestimating you at times," Madoka lets out a smile. "Care to explain how?"

"I'd rather not," Kido blushed, only now realising that he had done that action in front of everyone there. "Something tells me that this'll take forever. Want to do the honours sister?"

"If you insist," Madoka claps her hands a single time.

QFLDzFx.jpg

@Sen @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Crow @Freemasons

(Entering the illusion of)
@Minerva

Last edited:
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Continued from here

Train Heartnet's Illusion Part II
"Happiness"

By the time Train arrived at the hospital, all of his muscles were aching. He was still recovering from his injuries and felt exhausted, but somehow he managed to drag his caracas all the way there. Sure, it was fairly easy to find--locating people was a snap for Train with his background as an assassin--but it still had been a gigantic pain. When this was all over, and if Saya was really okay, that annoying girl was going to owe him a bottle of milk for all this trouble!

After speaking with a nurse to locate the girl in question, the nurse led Train to a door and gestured to it. Before even attempting to enter, however, the ex-assassin hesitated--a single thought bringing his walk to a halt.

Dammit, maybe I should've... brought something for her?

"Something the matter?" the nurse asked him, causing Train to sigh.

"No, but hey, bring me something, would ya? Not for me, but for the girl. I'll pass it on to her."

After hearing out Train's request, the nurse left for a second, returning moments later with the item in question. Train took it in his hands and put it behind his back before finally entering the hospital room.

tumblr_inline_nl0kfzrZHP1r3leyb.png

Upon entering, his eyes unknowingly shimmered when he saw her, clad in a hospital gown, dressed from head to toe in bandages. She was pretty beaten up, but life sparkled in her emerald eyes as she chatted to three little kids who clung to her like baby monkeys. Oddly enough, he felt a heavy weight of pain in his heart, as if someone had punched him square in the chest.

Is this for real?

It took only a minute before Saya realized Train was standing there, a grin spreading over her lips as quickly as she laid her eyes on him. "Hey, Train! I was wondering when you would show up again. Don't just stand there staring. Come over here! These kids were just telling me about how you saved their lifes, you big softie," she teased, winking at him.

Train huffed, sinking his face behind his coat collar to hide a blush. "Whatever. It's not like I remember doing it," he said, slowly approaching the side of her bed. "Jeez, you're pretty chipper for a girl recovering from an accident," he grumbled.

tumblr_inline_nl2xofcnDP1r3leyb.png

Saya's smile shifted into a cheeky one. "And you're pretty bold for a guy who stood up his date. Not showing up to the hospital with flowers? Talk about rude!"

The children clinging to Saya giggled while a very flustered Train waved his free hand in protest.

"Uh oh, the nice lady's boyfriend is in trouble now!" one of them chimed.

Train only felt his blush deepen while the four individuals in front of him had a good laugh. "H-Hey, you know it's not like that! You know damn well that it wasn't my fault we didn't get to go to the festival. And don't give me that crap. I-I did come here with something, at least," he said fiddling with the object he held behind his back.

Saya looked to Train with surprise. "You did? You actually... thought of me?" An innocent smile of pure happiness passed her lips. "Thank you, Train. I'm happy."

tumblr_inline_nl0l4cGod81r3leyb.png

"I-Idiot," Train stuttered, the blush still staining his cheeks. "You don't even know what it is yet!"

Embarrassed and flustered by the look on her face, without even thinking Train whipped the object out from behind his back and smashed it right into Saya's nose. "It's just a bottle of milk, but I know you like milk, so don't go complaining about it."

"Train, ouch! Get it out of my face!" Saya cried out, pushing the bottle away so she could rub her nose.

"Jeez, and you call me rude?" Train grumbled, popping the top off the bottle of milk after he pulled it away. "Fine, if you don't want it, I'll just drink it."

Saya frowned, reaching out to grab at the bottle before he could put his lips against it. "Hey! You brought that for me! Hand it over!"

"Nope."

"Jerk."

Saya yanked hard on the bottle, causing Train to yank back on it. Glaring between each other, the two began a grueling tug-of-war over the little bottle of milk, eventually causing the bottle to fling its contents all over them both. Saya and Train blinked in unison, dropping the bottle when they realized they were both now coated in milk. The children laughed hard at the two of them.

"You two are a mess!" one child said.

"We'll go find you and your boyfriend some towels, nice lady," another child said before the group of them began to head out of the room.

"Ugh will you-- I'm not her boyfriend!" Train exclaimed, waving a fist in the direction of the children. He then turned back to Saya, who was pulling at her wet hospital gown. "You know, this wouldn't have happened if you would've just let me have the bottle," Train told her, glancing down at his own wet coat.

Saya childishly stuck her tongue out at him. "Not a chance! You know I can't lose to you!"

The smile lingering on Saya's lips, she glanced up at Train before looking back down at her own clothes again. Afterwards, she broke out into laughter, causing even Train to chuckle. "We look ridiculous, don't we?" Saya asked after a moment.

"I guess so," he replied back, a soft smile on his lips.

Silence passed between the two of them for a moment, the pair simply looking at one another without saying anything. When the silent moment had passed, Saya was the first one to speak again. "When you walked in here, I could tell right away... you were so relieved to see me. It makes me feel good, knowing that you care."

Train glanced down. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

Maybe, I was but it's not like you have to announce it to the world, Saya.

tumblr_inline_nl2xh63gFs1r3leyb.png

Saya smiled. "I was relieved to see you too. You disappeared for a week after the festival. I had a feeling you were safe, because you're strong, but I wasn't sure if you'd come looking for me."

Train scrubbed one of his feet on the floor. "Of course I'd come looking for you. Saya, because of you I--"

"Soooo, this is where the black cat scampered off too," a familiar voice would chime in, sneaking a peek through the doorway. "You must be the famous Saya he's been talking about." Sven walked into the room, his bioweapon friend following after him.

Train groaned inwardly.

"Who invited you--"

"Hee hee, so Train talks about me to his other friends when I'm not around? How sweet!"

"Agh, shut up! It's not like that at all!"

"Anyhow, who are your other friends, Train?"

tumblr_inline_nl0qh9Xu571r3leyb.png

Answering the question for himself, Sven replied, "I'm Sven Volfied, a sweeper, and this here is Eve. We just drove up here from my house to check up on your boyfriend here."

"Ugh, why does everyone think I'm her-- Oh whatever."

"He was really banged up after the festival incident, so we took him in and nursed him back to health. Well, Eve did most of the nursing and watching over him, actually. I was just the gentleman to provide him with shelter."

Saya nodded. "I see. Thanks for watching over him. He's sort of hopeless on his own," she said, shooting the ex-assassin a look. "Anyhow, I'm really happy to see Train has other friends besides me. And sweepers too? Not bad, I'm a sweeper myself. When I get out of the hospital, we should all go on a job together and split the bounty. It might be fun," she chirped.

"Ugh, I'd rather not--"

"Sounds like a great idea," Sven replied. "Er, that is, whenever Train gets his gun back..."

Train blinked, glancing to his side. "What do you mean-- Wait, my gun isn't here. Where'd it go?"

Sheepishly, Sven would rub the back of his head. "You might want to ask Eve here about that."

tumblr_inline_nl2h023Pek1r3leyb.png

Glaring at Train suspiciously, Eve took a step toward him. "The smell of blood is still all over you. I won't give it back."

Standing up from her bed, Saya would kneel down by Eve and place a hand on her shoulder. "You're right, but you can take it from me that Train is different now. I promise on my life he'll handle his weapon responsibly from now on."

"Saya..."

Although hesitant, Eve pulled out Train's gun where it had been tucked between her arms and held it up. "I'll be watching," Eve told the ex-assassin as she gave him his gun back. "And take this too... the children you rescued wanted you to have it," she said, offering Train the stuffed black cat she had been holding earlier.

tumblr_inline_nl0l64o2Yy1r3leyb.png

"And just what am I supposed to do with this?"

A smirk crossed Saya's lips. "That stuffed cat is wearing a collar with a bell on it. I think you should wear it, Train. Have you ever heard the story about the mouse who put a bell around the neck of a bad cat so it would always know where the cat was? Well, you're the cat," she said with a laugh, causing Train to pout.

"Not funny."

Eve's eyes sparkled at Saya's words. "I've read the story. Yes, Train, you must wear the bell from now on."

Sven chuckled. "It sounds like a fine idea to me."

Train groaned. "Aw man, don't I have any say in this? What if I don't want to wear it?"

"Sorry, pal, it looks like you're outnumbered here."

"Too bad."

"Wear it."

The group would laugh, causing Train to scowl at them.

But beneath the sour look on his face, Train's heart felt light as a feather.

Why do I feel... so happy?

I feel like...

...I just want this moment to last forever.

For the time being, Train's illusion held a strong grip on him. He could not yet emerge from it.

Last edited by a moderator:
WBJfeMo.webp

"Sorry Mason, but my Production focuses on female idols. Though, you'd fit perfectly with 315Pro, or you could try crossdressing, it legit works..." Kido grins. "You don't look half bad in those, but these are what make the song complete."

Kido generates a red aura-based guitar, strumming it for massive damage.

"Mush up! Mash up! HYAAAHYAAAHYAAAA!"

Meanwhile, he was fighting 'Mirei', who had legit metallic claws. They clashed continuously while the various cops around exploded into confetti due to the efforts of Mason and Artyom.

n0dMxd6.webp

"We'll never take a liking to you."

"But you did. Let's savour this dance. Because I've taken a liking to you."

mKSgCsB.webp

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!"

Weapons clashed as the music started to shift.

(The 'shift' starts from 3:11)

glXTgGe.webp

"The effects of The Siivagunner Collection! They're kicking in!" Madoka exclaims in utter shock as the environment was altered into a frozen outdoor land. "It's warping the environment and producing mashups!"

"SNOW HALATION MOTHERFUCKERS! HYAAAHYAAAHYAAAHYAAA!!!!"

glXTgGe.webp

"It took me a while to realise that too. I learned it the hard way..." Madoka nods.

And so a great battle raged on. Soon, the police were fully exterminated by Mason and Artyom's onslaught while the final battle between 'Mirei' and Kido took place. They charged at each other...

... and 'Mirei' stabbed Kido through the heart.

2Pcq61N.webp

"Game, set and match."

But that didn't phase Kido one bit.

He looks right at Mirei with his hellish, glowing crimson eyes and grins as his body begins to burn with a heavy metal soul. 'Mirei' burns due to stabbing into him and explodes into purple confetti as a purple aura was absorbed into Kido.

Once again, everyone could see a glimpse of Kido's memories. This time, it was in some cafe as opposed to the very office.

da000df3ec68bd3bdeb736063003bda4.jpg

"What's the meaning of this, Producer?"

WBJfeMo.webp

"I always keep to my promise."

"And what would that be?"

"The promise of letting you wear all the cute outfits there can be."

Mirei blushes.

"Sh- shut up, shut up, shut up! This isn't even cute... it's... it's so... frilly... and uncouth..."

"It's cute to me. I understand if it isn't cute to you, so..."

"Fine, I'll wear it for the photoshoot."

Kido visibly chuckles.

"What's so funny, Producer?"

"It's nothing really. I'm just glad you're having fun. You are having fun, right?"

Mirei then turns to look behind.

3636752aaa4fff30e038839aa6121adf.png

"Miiirei~"

"For the most part..." Mirei stutters as she looks at another girl.

"Guess we're two of a kind then..." Kido shrugs.

Mirei nods and smiles. "Well, Producer, what would you like to order?"

"The greatest smile you can deliver."

"I'LL CLAW YOU!" She growls

"OK, OK, three strawberry parfaits."

"Three? You're a big eater."

"My sister and Tachibana are sitting around here."

"I thought you hated your sister."

"Not anymore. Not anymore."

"I don't know..."

"But I do."

"Do you know about my ferhvjcg..."

"What?"

"Nothing! I said nothing!"

And thus, the winter wonderland vanished into nothingness as everyone found themselves in Kido's office once more. Kido's eyes were normal again. From the door, a... person appeared. As the only two UN members in the room, the Producer siblings were the only ones who would possibly recognise the face of Ms Akane Tsunemori.

sLQdC8D.jpg

"It's time for your execution, Maki Kido!"

"Hmm..." Kido looks at Madoka, then at Akane with her dominator aimed at him. He kneels down and unleashes a black box - a black box that Zen might recognise.

"Hanazawa-Girl- I mean, Ms Akane Tsunemori..." he opens the box, revealing a wedding ring. "Will you... marry me?"

psycho-pass-r4-akane.jpg

"!!!"

Akane dropped her dominator, before it froze mid-air as the environment and Akane turned into one big glitchfest. Our fellow Freemasons were warped into another void.

"What just happened?" Madoka asks.

"That's a great desire, and also a great fear," Kido mentions.

"I regret underestimating you at times," Madoka lets out a smile. "Care to explain how?"

"I'd rather not," Kido blushed, only now realising that he had done that action in front of everyone there. "Something tells me that this'll take forever. Want to do the honours sister?"

"If you insist," Madoka claps her hands a single time.

QFLDzFx.jpg

@Sen @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters @Crow @Freemasons

(Entering the illusion of)
@Minerva

Entering Robin's illusion was like dying peacefully. There was a white light, and as you got closer to it, it got brighter. Entering through into the light would bring you through the door of a small office where Robin and another man were sitting.

Robin would be holding a glass of water in his hand. He had a cloak wrapped over his shoulders. He didn't notice the group when they came in.

The doctor would look up from a sheet of paper on his desk. "Ah, I wasn't expecting more company. I'm sorry, I don't have any more chairs for you. You'll have to stand while I finish with Robin here." He shuffled some papers on the desk. "I'm Doctor Alan Shields of the Foundation, by the way. Pleased to meet you all."

@Sen @Mason Moretti @Crow @Nater Taters @Freemasons

Entering Robin's illusion was like dying peacefully. There was a white light, and as you got closer to it, it got brighter. Entering through into the light would bring you through the door of a small office where Robin and another man were sitting.

Robin would be holding a glass of water in his hand. He had a cloak wrapped over his shoulders. He didn't notice the group when they came in.

The doctor would look up from a sheet of paper on his desk. "Ah, I wasn't expecting more company. I'm sorry, I don't have any more chairs for you. You'll have to stand while I finish with Robin here." He shuffled some papers on the desk. "I'm Doctor Alan Shields of the Foundation, by the way. Pleased to meet you all."

"Don't worry, Doctor Shields. I'm sure we won't be here long. We'll help our friend Robin break free from this illusion and be on our way." Mason looked around the room with a feeling of unease. The aura of this place, although he knew it was an illusion, disturbed Mason deeply. There were clearly evil things being kept here. Horrible, monstrous, incomprehensible things. Yes still, it held some familiarity. "Have I been here before?" Mason wondered.

He stands next to Robin and asks,
"Hey, Robin, what's going on? We're here to help you, Secretary-General. Just let us know what's going on and we'll
Make sure you get through it and out of this hell hole."

@FreeMasons

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Minerva @Nater Taters @Sen

WBJfeMo.webp

"Robin? Did Batman take his eyes off-" Kido then looks at the supposed Robin - the leader of the UN and his boss. "Oh. Oh. I see. Hello Doctor Shields. Pleased to meet you to. Just call me P. Legitimate businessman, that is what I am. So... uh... what do you do at the Foundation anyways?"

"Don't worry, Doctor Shields. I'm sure we won't be here long. We'll help our friend Robin break free from this illusion and be on our way." Mason looked around the room with a feeling of unease. The aura of this place, although he knew it was an illusion, disturbed Mason deeply. There were clearly evil things being kept here. Horrible, monstrous, incomprehensible things. Yes still, it held some familiarity. "Have I been here before?" Mason wondered.

"Hey, Robin, what's going on? We're here to help you, Secretary-General. Just let us know what's going on and we'll

@FreeMasons

WBJfeMo.webp

"Straight to the point, huh, Mason? Hmm... must as well do this," Kido shrugs his shoulders as he grasps Robin's wrist. "Boss, you're the tactician - the brains. Everything here is made from... whatever illusions are made from. Brainwaves I think? Even this guy over there is made from brainwaves and your imagination. It happened to me, it happened to them, and it happened to you. Yeah, let's just get this show on the road."

@Minerva

Last edited:

4214124378_zps953bb856.png

"!!!"

"Gooooood morning!"

The loud, sharp blow of a whistle had Weiss shooting out of bed in an instant, hands wildly waving all the while. When she realized just who the one behind this was after her brief moment of surprise, a scowl was shot at said figure. "Ruby! What on Earth was that for? Don't you know it's... a..." And then it hit her like a freight train. A blink of surprise came and passed, and she looked around with confusion, surprised to find the whole of her team around and smiling. Back in their room, back at Beacon, back home. She couldn't remember too much after her and Ruby's argument and looking for Ilona, but there was no memory of coming home. So how had they gotten there? Or could it all have been some crazy dream?

"Don't you remember, Weiss? We have our special mission today!" Special... Mission? That couldn't be right. Surely she would have a recollection of such a thing, were it really to occur. Apparently, her teammates picked up on her confusion, because a certain blonde raised a brow and spoke up. "Wow, you really don't remember, huh?" Okay, now that got a bit of a defensive reaction from the heiress. "Oh, I'm sorry. I was unaware that I'm expected to recall events that were never mentioned before," she spoke with sarcasm. It was quiet for a few moments before Weiss slowly released a sigh, realizing that, for some odd reason, she actually felt just a tad of guilt. "..But fine. Just what antics did you all plan behind my back?"

A shower, change, brief bout of time on the town and a slam of a door in Jaune's face later, Weiss realized she could never have regretted a question more.

g4g43310_zpsb41592ff.png

"I refuse to demean myself by partaking in this nonsense."

Ruby412_zps074ac83f.png

"Aww, c'mon, Weiss! It'll be fun!" Ruby replied, not hesitating to get up in her partner's face. "Pleaaase?" Ugh, what a pain in the butt. Out of all the people she could've gotten partnered with, all of the students in Beacon... It had to be the hyperactive, puppy-like child. And yet, the proclaimed 'ice queen' felt like she owed the child something. Perhaps for being rude to her, turning on her? But surely that had all been a dream, right? But if that was the case, why did it all feel so real? And why, despite having her friends around her, did she feel so unbelievably alone?

"--Yeah. No need to be Weiss cold about it."

"Partaking in something more leisurely than pursuing criminals could be a nice change of pace," Blake added in agreement, although she didn't exactly seem as enthusiastic as the sisters. Seemed like the Faunus wasn't quite as eager to partake, either. But broken from her thoughts and being pestered by her teammates, Weiss finally relented. "Oh, alright, alright. But you all so owe me for this."

"Stand back, ladies... Ren. I've got it covered, no problem," Jaune spoke confidently, sauntering forward and leaning close to Weiss with a charming smile.

42141241024_zpsa67864c6.png

"So, Weiss, I suppose I could give you a chance to back down if you'd like. It must be pretty intimidating, facing me. Maybe if you manage to win, I'll even let you join me for dinner sometime. Whaddya say, Snow Angel? Limited time offer, of co--"

"Pyrrha?" Weiss spoke with a deadpan, only after taking an uncomfortable step away from the blonde male. Moments after the name was spoken, the heiress was satisfied to see a certain blonde launched into the wall, pinned by a certain spear. There was a "Sorry" called out, but Weiss hardly paid it any attention. Rather, she gazed down at the blonde, impatiently crossing her arms and leaning to the side. "I haven't got all day. Are we going to do this or not?" she asked impatiently, hardly caring how crushed Jaune would be by her obvious disinterest. He so had it coming, after all.

And thus, it began.

"You're a troublemaker, you're a troublemaker--"

"Why am I always hit on by the boys I never like
I can always see 'em coming from the left and from the right
I don't wanna be a priss, I'm just try'na be polite
But it always seems to bite me in the..."

It was almost surprising that one could be graceful in their moves to such an upbeat song, but as a wise man once said? Fighting and dancing aren't so different. And Weiss? Well, she excelled at both. Not to mention singing. Hell, there was nothing Weiss would say she didn't excel at, though that didn't mean that there wasn't anything. And immersing herself in song and dance again after so long? It even helped let her concerns slip away, if only briefly. Well.... Most of her concerns and problems, anyways. There was still one, and he was making his retort in a much less graceful display.

"--Don't know if I have the strength to stand, oh oh oh
Trouble troublemaker, yeah, that's your middle name, oh oh oh
I know you're no good but you're stuck in my brain, and I wanna know"

He had become closer, now, through his ridiculous dancing. His hands even extended to take hers, but the latter quickly ripped away from the former, flung down to her sides.

"Get your hands off my hips, 'fore I punch you in the lips!
Stop staring at my- hey!
Take a hint, take a hint
No you can't buy me a drink, let me tell you what I think
I think you could use a mint
Take a hint, take a hint
T-take a hint, take a hint"

And on their battle of song and movement went, their teams whooping and cheering and giving encouragement all the while. By the time it was over, Jaune was on his butt on the floor, and Weiss's back was turned to him before she confidently and proudly strode to rejoin her team. "Way to go, Weiss!" came a cheer from Ruby, only for Weiss to raise a hand in motion for her friend to be silent. "Oh, please. I could've beaten tall, blonde and scraggly in my sleep," she remarked. Well, okay, maybe not... But still, she could beat him any time. Poor guy. In any case, she was left to only watch as Yang began to make her way to the 'battlefield' for her turn, with Nora respectively going forth. This... Would be interesting.

Or, well, it would have been, if it weren't for what happened next.

-To be continued-

i am shitlord, master of all four eleshitposts and i am sorry

Artyom turned to face Ruby, he tried his best to calm himself. "I'm fine, I just, don't like being called....Rabbit."

WBJfeMo.png

"That'd be great. Th- thanks Zen..." Kido says.

glXTgGe.png

"That was quick," Madoka comments.​

WBJfeMo.png

"Is Rabbit supposed to be a Russian stereotype?" Kido contributes to the coversation while being supported by Zen. "I can see where you guys are coming from if that's the case, but I always thought it was space dogs. You know, the dog that went to space and stuff. Besides, space dogs in space fit him better than rabbits that go..."

Kido did his best rabbit impersonation, complete with his palms forming rabbit ears, and short jumps to mimic a happy rabbit.

"Pyon~ Pyon~ Pyo- AH! Yeah, I should really take it easy on the legs."

@Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Takumi @Crow @Sen

Mason looks at Arty and suddenly becomes uncomfortable with what's going on. He can't tell exactly what's going on in Artyom's head, but he's sure that the emotions aren't pleasant.

"Hey, guys? Let's lay off. Joke's over and we have better things to do. Sounds like there might be something dangerous up ahead, and those of us who can fight should be ready to defend those who can't... Artyom is a great fighter, and deserves a little more respect than we're giving him right now. That goes to Train as well."

He speaks softly to Artyom, saying, "Wherever that nickname came from and whatever memories it brings up, I understand. The fights you get into aren't the hardest things to battle, are they? On the outside you're really strong, but if you need help fighting the inner war, there are people here to help you." After a pause, he adds, "I wish I could be the one to help you."
@Nater Taters @Crow @Sen @york @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

tumblr_inline_nl0muyhAaq1r3leyb.png

"Rabbit, huh?" the male said in reply to Arty. Oh boy. Train would be all over this. Rabbit was even a better nickname than Arty! "So spill it, how'd you even get that name in the first place?" Train asked, grinning. He had a few nicknames himself, but at least none of them were really embarrassing names.

When Ruby stated that she drank milk, Train gave her a big thumbs up of approval. "Well, well, another fan of milk. I can respect that. You're okay in my book, Ruby. Milk is a personal favorite of mine too."

"True," Train said in reply to Bekka. "But at least the group seems to be holding up so far--maturity aside."Train frowned, noticing Bekka's conversation with Shizuo. Maybe I spoke too soon. "Let's hope it stays that way..."

@Josh M @Verite @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @darnerdemons @Yun Lee @Atomyk @Crow @Mason Moretti @Minerva @Nater Taters @york
Continued from here.

Chapter Four
"Self-Realization"

g5ab1RT.png

"Right... Well, everyone, if you don't mind, everyone, I've got a lot to share," Shiki would say, clearing his throat as he'd take the initiative and stand in front of everyone. It felt odd for him being in the front. Usually, he was more used to being unnoticed in the back or so, whether back home, or in some other situation familiar to him... But he was in neither of those scenarios. This was a whole 'nother ball park that played by different rules.

And he was ready to bat.

"First and most pressing news, while investigating what seemed to be an Umbrella member's office, I discovered this notebook right here," he said, raising the object in his hand to show off, before continuing to speak, "In it, I discovered something strange. Turns out... While we thought otherwise all this time, we were never on Silent Earth to begin with. Rather, it's all just an illusion. A well-fabricated one at that. How or why Umbrella did this... I can't be sure, but even so, if this means that in reality, we're still in the headquarters..."

A3wL2OR.gif

"... Then that means Umbrella got to us in our own territory. But... How did they find us?!" Ocelot questioned, looking grave at the relayed news.

This would stir quite the reaction from the others, except for perhaps Ritsuko and Kyoko, who remained practically stone-faced like they usually were, though it was easy to assume that even they were feeling something about this revelation, whatever those feelings might be.

"You know, that's actually relieving, in a way..."

inpqLPl.png

Makoto kept his hands busy touching at the cuffs of his sleeves, his eyes looking away from everyone else. "It explains the weird circumstances. I had a feeling Umbrella didn't yet have technology capable of transporting a group as large as ours into another dimension. I doubt we've even left the headquarters, physically..."

"Likely, the location was given away by our mystery mole. The hidden traitor within the Coalition. The very same person who freed that Hisoka guy from the Holding Cells for whatever reason as I saw from the security feeds in the same room I found this notebook. That someone's been keeping tabs alright," Shiki revealed.

Suspicion of a possible mole within the headquarters had been softly, but surely, buzzing in HQ for quite some time, ever since the discovery that the (now-deceased) Umbrella Remnant soldier known as VECTOR happened to have a multiverse traveling device with clear coordinates of the Coalition HQ, though it seemed that it was only now that the worries and paranoia were rising to the surface. With info like this getting out, Shiki could only wonder what kind of panic it'd put the others into.

RTwWgkr.png

"That's all well and good, but... Then, first things first, how do we get out of this illusion?" Kyoko would question, cupping her chin and her brow deeply furrowed, as she attempted to wrack her brain for a way out of here.

Just because they knew the problem didn't automatically mean there was a solution.

"Maybe if we pinch ourselves hard enough, we can get out of here," Ritsuko said in a somewhat sardonic manner, letting out a breath as she'd rub her temple with one hand.

"Well, before we can worry about that... Well, that's the thing. The other piece of news I wanted to share with you was... There might be a really big, scary looking guy headed our way, possibly with the intent of killing us, located in the next room," Shiki spoke in an almost sheepish manner, as though he was a bit embarrassed that he neglected to say that detail immediately.

Then again, the illusion thing didn't really have time to settle the first time they found out about it.

5003f2cef0334aa7ba7dfb1bda755212.png

"And you waited until now to tell us there's a potentially dangerous enemy headed our way?!" Ocelot exclaimed incredulously, a concerned expression on his face. However, without giving himself time to fully react to the sudden news, he'd quickly draw his weapons, as on cue, a loud sound would be heard in the distance.

"I thought we'd be able to take care of him just fine."

Leia began to let out a shrill laugh. Jude, who was holding her steady, gave her a perplexed look.

DlNuVs3.png

"He's kidding, right...?" She looked to her friend, who could only stare back at her blankly. "... Jude, tell me he's kidding!"

"I-I'm sorry, Leia, but it seems we're--"

BAM!

THu96qd.png

"W-What the--?!"

Following the sudden loud noise, a door at the other end of the hall would slide towards the direction of the group, and from beyond, heavy footsteps would be heard and felt, before a hulking figure of a man in a trenchcoat would approach the group, growling lowly like a feral animal.

mr_x_render_by_violet_2010-d4sbtnw.png

"Rrrr..."

"I-Is that an... Umbrella Tyrant?!"

"He's dead is what he is if he proceeds any further. Certainly a friendly looking fellow though, isn't he," Ocelot grunted sarcastically, though before he would take aim at the hulking figure, he would be stopped by an unexpected sight, the young man taking a gaze as he'd look beyond and see something a little more distressing than one big guy, possibly stronger than he seemed, knowing Umbrella's work.

"What in...?!"

"Rrrghh..."

"Rrrrhh!"

Ns2NuFF.jpg

From behind and around the so-called "Tyrant" individual, they would appear. First, only what looked like a handful. And then more. More and more, rising from the darkness further up ahead, a sizable army, big enough that it was a miracle that the hall could fit that many zombies like it did, a large horde of hostile enemies appeared, lumbering towards everyone.

But that wasn't it. From behind, an equally large swarm of zombies would sneak up on the group, lumbering towards everyone, moaning and groaning unintelligibly. They were truly surrounded, with no clear way out of here.

"Not good...! Though, if this is all an illusion, would they really hurt us?! What's not real can't do anything to us!"

"Do you want to test that theory out for yourself, doctor?"

"Makes you wonder why they would bother putting us to sleep at all," Shepard remarked coolly, aiming the assault rifle she'd stolen for the storage room at the approaching creature.

"'Tis easier to keep us busy than face us in a real fight." Lightning danced between Morrigan's hands and her eyes flashed blue. "Still, even considering the strongest of us here, a battle with this army won't be without consequence. Whether 'tis due to the illusion itself or the strange mist from before, none of us here are at our strongest."

b9yrx8J.png

"Tohno, the Tyrant may be tough, but you can instantly take him down, right?!" Kyoko exclaimed urgently, stepping back. They were right. As strong as everyone might be in their prime, even a number of enemies of this magnitude would surely have an effect on the condition of the group!

"There's too many targets present! If I end up processing all the lines and points of death on every enemy around, my eyes might overwork my brain and have it end up frying! And it's certainly not selective targeting! May as well tell me to completely get all of them out of my sight!"

"Well, geez, Shiki!"

mytnz00.png

"You better think of something fast!" Kieran yelled, tossing an axe so that it cut off the head of an approaching zombie.

Shiki looked around desperately, trying his hardest to come up with a plan. The crowds were too thick to bulldoze through, and the Tyrant certainly wasn't going to make things easier. There really was no way out. Unless...!

0WAlmV8.png

"...!"

Patting Shiki's side urgently, Len, a serious look poised on her face, would get the young man's attention, before silently pointing her finger towards the ground, and then spreading her arms out, making a motion that indicated the entire area.

Whatever she was trying to convey, it seemed that Shiki would instantly get it, whether through intuition or the spiritual bond they shared, before giving her a quick nod in response.

"Well... Might be just a little less painful than processing a lot of people, but hey... Not the first time I killed a singular target as big as a world," the bespectacled boy said in an exasperated manner, before taking off his glasses, instantly facing the floor as to avoid making eye contact with anyone around.

"Kid, whatever you're planning, I just hope you know what you're doing!"

"I hope so too!"

KRAKK!

Vw6emaN.jpg

With that, Shiki would plunge his knife right into the middle of the ground! One would think that such a knife would be unable to penetrate the stone cold floor, but it cut through as easily as butter. At first, it would take a while for anything to happen, but before long...

Rumble rumble...

KRSSSSSHHH!

The ground around everyone would rumble softly at first, like a weak earthquake, before large cracks would form all across, before those cracks in turn would turn into ripples and tears, debris flying out of the floor as though a grenade had violently erupted from inside the middle of the floor. But it hardly stopped there. It was only just the beginning. The effects of Shiki's action continued onto the walls, bits and pieces of the walls, and then the ceiling, falling off, only to reveal, not pipes and more wall, but empty blackness behind, as the very air itself began to shake from Shiki's power.

Because the blackness behind the walls wasn't an absence of visible matter. It was an absence of matter.

With a horrible sound, like nails on a chalkboard, what looked like lines would become visible out of thin air. It was only then as time passed that these seemingly intangible lines in the air... were rips and tears in space! These tears opened up crudely, at first like loose wallpaper being ripped off, and then spontaneously shattering like glass. And then from there, everything shattered like glass. The ceiling, the walls, the ground, and the very air around everyone.

Shiki Tohno had effectively "killed" the world.

BOOM!

Without a whimper, the world practically imploded in on itself, and everyone would suddenly get the sensation of being flung into nothingness, as though they had been launched from a catapult. Everyone flew endlessly and aimlessly in complete blackness, the Tyrant and the zombies nowhere to be found, as one could only assume that they were simply a part of the illusion as well.

However, they weren't out of the woods just yet, unfortunately.

As they floated in empty space, the illusion shattered, one thing somehow remained, even though one would think it had lost its "right" to continue existing after Shiki had killed it.

The mist of Silent Earth.

Somehow surviving the destruction of its own space, the mist resurfaced and overtook everyone, fogging up their lines of sight. It was as though the mist was trying to keep everyone from escaping the illusion, trying to drag you back into Silent Earth.

But you had to fight it. Separate from it. No matter how much it called and beckoned.

"Shiki-kun..."

No matter what illusions it would conjure up to lure them back.

"Kyoko..."

No matter what reality it would cast, it had to be rejected, no matter what.

OOC NOTE: So basically, the situation is that the mist is trying to trap you all within its illusions again, this time putting your character in a sort of trippy introspection that might tempt the character into staying in Silent Earth, whether by individually tricking them into thinking that their ideal personal reality is right there (by showcasing an illusion of what they've personally always wanted or so), showing traumatic illusions, like of deceased loved ones, to drive the character into madness and despair in an attempt to sap at their will to escape, whatever you can think of. This quick little section will be self-GMed in a way, and similar to the microphone section of Fusion and the illusions of The Ultimate Game, if any of you remember that. Feel free to use this time to come up with your own illusions and interact with your own character or the characters your character is close with.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Wren as Bradley Martin Holland (OC)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@dark as Jak (Jak and Daxter)
@Krieg as Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon AU)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@C.T. as Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada (Overwatch)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
@Yang Lee as Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
Ruby Rose

Shiki's efforts were noble, and far from in vain... After some conversing with the others, Ruby had listened closely to what the others were talking about, realizing the truth of the situation. They had been trapped in an illusion this whole time, and it appeared that there was a traitor in their midst. However, despite his incredible powers, and his best efforts, while the illusion itself had been broken, the mists of the Silent Earth remained... Despite all logic and reason, obviously Umbrella's doing.

Ruby already knew what was coming next, as both she and sophie had felt it's effects once before, back in their last visit to the Silent Earth itself to fight off the Arch demon. She fought valiantly, stubbornly refusing to give into it's influence, but inevitably, the mist overtook her, and thus... Her own illusion began once more.

Yellow Warning! There may be a mild Season 3 spoiler gif near the end!

Ruby's Illusion:
A Simple Soul

Yfsg1Ad.png

And so, it began once more... The mysterious white cloak of a figure, that looked alot like her deceased mother, in front of a distant grave, but this time, Ruby knew what to do.

Hesitating only a little, since this all seemed so real... She drew her Crescent Rose, charging forwards just as she heard the familiar sound of a chainsaw revving up.

"YAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!" She cried out, lunging forwards in a little red blur of red and black.

Her scythe cleaved right through the cloak, and hit the figure underneath before whoever was underneath could even retaliate... And they toppled over, falling facefirst into the snow, and Ruby slid to a stop merely inches in front of the figure, laying in the soft, white snow.

There wasn't even an actual fight... This was easy... Too easy.

The first thing Ruby noticed as the cloaked figure laid there, motionless, was that there was no sign of a chainsaw, and the figure looked alot smaller than the White Fang Lieutenant she had been anticipating, the one that her previous illusion, from what seemed like ages ago had disguised as her own mother.

Showing some considerable hesitation, Ruby stowed away her Crescent Rose, before carefully turning over the figure... There was blood pooling in the snow, contrary to her assumption that the figure would have been protected by a heavy amount of aura. As it turned out, whoever was underneath that cloak, had a feminine figure, their face obscured by it's cpwl, and their bloodied body mostly covered with the cloak, now soaked in blood.

Her mother had died years ago... Even as a child, Ruby had been aware of it... Perhaps it was one of the reasons she had pushed herself so hard to become a Huntress, to become like one of those heroes in the books.

The world was nothing like a fairytale... And so, she had strived to make it a better place... Somehow.

Her hands shook as she lifted the cowl away from the figure's face, and it was only then that she realized what she had done...

Underneath that cowl, was the face of Jennifer... A close friend she had sworn she would help, somehow... But here she was... Bloodied, and... Likely dead.

She wasn't breathing, she wasn't moving.

The look of horror on Ruby's face was unlike any reaction she ever had... Save for when she found Jennifer in her comatose state.

That's when she remembered...

Jennifer was comatose, in the coalition headquarters, how could she be here? In this cloak?

For a brief instant, Ruby had a moment of lucidity as the world around her fell apart... However, what awaited her beyond the walls of this, familiar illusion, was not what she expected at all...

The mist had found a new point of weakness in Ruby's psyche, and as such... Its method it used to attack her mind, suddenly took a darker turn. With the mist's temptations, unsuccessfull, it chose a much more insidious, but effective method to keep Ruby locked in it's grasp.

Despair.

Through the light of hope and the peace that followed, humanity had made great strides in the cruel, ruthless world that was Remnant... But, hope, was a fragile thing; as soon as the seed of doubt was planted, and the cloud of despair settles over humanity... All their efforts, would quickly fall to fade.

And once all hope is lost...

Darkness, will return.

To truly keep Ruby in it's eternal grasp, it had to take her spirit first... And extinguish the flame of hope, that burned so brightly within her.

Once the world crumbled around her, Ruby thought things were over as her vision faded.

She expected to wake up back in reality, in the Coalition Headquarters, prepared for whatever was coming next, but, the smell of smoke quickly made her realize otherwise

When her vision returned, she realized that she wasn't in the coalition headquarters, but, instead... She was laying on the ground, looking up at the sky.

D8oitfp.png

The moon was in shambles, and she could hear the faint sounds of a battle going on in the background... She could feel something wet against her back, and somewhat... Warm.

With the best of her efforts she got herself up, feeling a stinging sensation in her side, it was only when she looked down that she realized she had been laying in a pool of blood, her blood... Her aura appeared to have recovered to some degree after she had passed out, as with some effort, it was beginning to close up her seemingly fresh wound. The loss of blood made her feel considerably dizzy, and Ruby was struggling to stand, but all the same... She somehow still managed to.

As she looked around, she realized where exactly she was; in the middle of Vale, not far from beacon... It was as she remembered it... Except, everything was in shambles, it's days of glory had come to an end. Atlas soldiers lay on the ground, lifeless and inactive... The Academy was burning, and Grimm had run rampant throughout the place, and she could see multiple dead bodies around her, soldiers, civilians, and even a few hunters and huntresses she could barely recognize.

As Ruby gritted her teeth past the pain, past her confusion, she could make out the faint cries for help of someone in the distance.

It was unmistakable, a faint sound that she could barely hear, but the voice sounded... Familiar

And then it hit her.

Those were Sophie's cries.

With her semblance still working, she was able to move faster, heading towards Beacon's tower... Into what seemed to be the heart of the Grimm infestation, cleaving her way through Grimm after Grimm. Wreckage from a downed Atlas ship littered Beacon's Plaza, and countless Grimm littered it's grounds, feasting on the bodies of countless fallen students and teachers alike.

There was nothing here but death...

The booming sounds of Sophie no doubt using her freshly acquired semblance could be heard near the top of the tower.

She didn't have long...

Charging upwards with the help of her semblance, she dug her Scythe into the tower's surface as she steadily made her way uptop... Where was Weiss when she needed her?

She wasn't sure, but she'd worry about it later... She just had to get to Sophie... Whatever she was fighting up there couldn't be good, and if it was the source of the Grimm infestation, it was only a matter of time before Sophie lost her life.

She couldn't lose another friend... Ruby couldn't bear the sight of that.

But by the time she got to the top of the tower it was too late.

Sophie's body lay there, bloodied and broken... With no sign of life.

The only thing she could catch of her killer, was a fleeting shadow of a dark figure.

Ruby fell to her knees, her heart seeming to have stopped beating all-together.

As tears began to roll down her cheeks, she froze, her body seized by the despair that was coursing through her... The mist had succeeded, her spirit was crushed.

But... There was one thing, even the mists of Silent Hill, had not taken into account...

"perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten;
things that require a smaller, more honest soul."

- Ozpin

In a split second, all that anger... All that frustration, from her failures, both as a hero... And a friend in that moment, suddenly awoke something in her... It was like a burning pressure in her head, that only grew stronger... And stronger... Untill...

8Jg8Cg4.gif

With a tremendous shout, filled with all the pain and anger that had welled up inside her, two great streaks of burning light suddenly burst forth from her eyes... Filling her vision with a bright white glow, and in that instant...

The Illusion Was broken

By a force, that even Ruby, had yet to fully comprehend, and now... It was only a matter of time, before Ruby would awaken again, this time... Truly free from the mist.

Zwei's Illusion is coming up shortly x.x I just dun wanna overload this post with too much text so Zwei will have his own post

Last edited:
Two Sides of the Same Coin - Despair

tumblr_oaauzivb741shhu8qo1_500.gif

The popular belief was that Kyoko Kirigiri was a "strong person."

Always cool-headed, full of conviction, conceals any possible sign of weakness, intellectual and composed, and for someone with no powers operating in a multiverse where that was the norm, surprisingly strong-willed and almost domineering, like a stern mother, but also, deep down, kind, caring, and compassionate.

However, in truth, the reality was that Kyoko was only as strong as others believed her to be. Or so, that's what she believed. It wasn't that her strength was a facade or anything, but it was certainly bolstered by the hopes of everyone who followed her. Certainly, she was someone who worked better under pressure. That trait was practically a necessity when you were the leader of an organization dedicated to protecting the greater multiverse, though... Well, she'd been a bit absent from that role for a while, and was only now getting back into the reigns.

And just in time too, as it seemed her absence might have done Makoto some good as far as giving him independence went, but with this situation that put him at odds with Kieran and the others, perhaps it really wasn't some sort of half-blessing in disguise after all.

Maybe, in contrast to what she had hoped that everything would have been able to continue functioning just fine without her, it was her fears that came true, that her absence sparked the beginning of something. Something big. Something bad.

As Kyoko floated through the empty space of nothing, engulfed in the mist of Silent Earth, she could only grit her teeth, her body feeling like it was frozen. She was unable to move a single muscle while in this state. This kind of paralysis... It could make anyone feel powerless. Unable to fight back, unable to resist. But the Ultimate Detective always personally believed that weakness was, for the most part, a psychosomatic issue. You were only as weak as you believed yourself to be. Your flaws and your mistakes were only those if you let them be. That sort of talk.

Suffice to say, it would take more than taking away the ability to move against the mist to drive Kyoko into despair, to be scared. These tricks of taking away a person's will, to simply leave them powerless, was useless against her. She had more willpower than that. But the mist already knew that well. Even the mighty could fall. Even Achilles had a weakness.

The mist only continued to surround Kyoko's being all over like an incessant fog. Before long, moving almost like a humanoid ghost, the mist shifted, practically morphed even, in shape, running itself along her body like a roller coaster on tracks, the mist moving from her leg to her chest, and then...

Clamp!

Taking the shape of a ghastly hand, the mist grabbed Kyoko by the neck harshly, strangling her. The young woman let out a gasp, instinctively grabbing ahold of the hand planted firmly on her neck, the mist's influence that hindered her from moving now gone as it had ceased to surround her body like a fog, its entire being having shifted into that one hand, which in turn would morph more and more, developing from a lone hand into a whole human body.

But not just any person's.

It was of someone whom she recognized rather well.

Kyoko gasped for air, but the hold was far too strong. She could barely even cough and gag, but she refrained herself from doing much of that. She was going to need that air after all.

"Wait, s... stop..."

"It's all your fault, you know."

Makoto Naegi's voice assaulted her eardrums strongly. The body that the mist shaped into remained nondescript, quite literally just a humanoid bound mist, but to Kyoko, whether because of her eyes, mind, or both playing tricks on her, she registered the figure as none other than Makoto himself. Even without the blaming voice, he would have been the one she'd registered.

Makoto Naegi was the one whom Kyoko Kirigiri feared the most, after all.

He may have been the one that she perhaps trusted the most, but beneath her conscious thoughts, beneath the many layers of her psyche, he was also the one whom she feared the most, whether she realized it or not. That was what it meant to be close to someone, after all. The more you cared for someone, the easier it was for them to hurt you. Even Kyoko Kirigiri was no exception to that rule of personal relationships. But she had to resist. This was all an illusion. It wasn't... real...

"Makoto, stop... I didn't... want..."

"You should have stayed," the voice of the illusion spoke in an accusatory tone, "You knew the risks, and you left anyway. You would have much rather gone than stay with me and the others, wouldn't you?"

"No, I... It was for... the sake of the..."

"It's always that. You're always thinking about the multiverse, but you never thought about me. About your friends. You never cared for any of us!" The illusion exclaimed, clamping another misty, yet firm hand on her neck, choking her even harder now. She gagged on instinct, her willpower slowly being sapped away with her air supply. The grip on her neck tightened, and Kyoko's grip on the illusion's wrist, in turn, began to weaken.

"G-Guggh... That's... not..."

"If... If only you stayed... If only you never left me to... to fend for myself, you could have helped me! You could have continued to help me when I needed you! You should have stayed! But instead, you chose to try to save those people you didn't even know... and leave behind the closest to you!"

"P-Please..."

"If you never left... We wouldn't have ended up like this! You could have convinced me to stay Ilona away from the hands of the UN, you could have been able to see the gravity of it all and see what I was doing was right! If you stayed, you would have been able to understand everything better... but it's too late now. Things could have been different today, if only you'd..."

It was a far-fetched accusation. Illogical. Beyond comprehension. Completely stupid. Based completely in pathos manipulation.

But it worked on her.

After all, Silent Earth was a place that fed on a person's emotions. One might think that Kyoko would have resistance to that, but in truth, she was perhaps one of the more vulnerable to emotional attacks. She was in quite the shameful position now, reduced to begging the illusion, whether to stop, whether to forgive her, as the mist's influence worked its magic on her. The weight on her shoulders that she was once able to confidently carry without hesitation was beginning to crush her into the ground. After all, a repressed emotion was an emotion only waiting to burst out, waiting to explode.

And what exploded inside Kyoko's mind was her guilt. Makoto might have grown a significant amount in her absence, but there had been a reason that she was the leader of the Future Foundation 14th Branch, and there had been a reason why initially, she was the prime leader of the Coalition, before even the likes of Kieran and Darth Rex had come along.

She couldn't will herself to respond to the mist, to say that she believed in Makoto enough to be able to handle things while she was gone. Because ultimately, while her active thoughts believed that Makoto indeed became capable of being independent of her, the fear resided within her that she was wrong, that he still wasn't ready. This fear, this doubt, that festered in her psyche like a rotten seed growing into a rotten plant.

Her guilt manifested in this shameful way, rearing its ugly head, gazing at Kyoko where she was at her most vulnerable. Where she was able to be taken advantage of. Where she couldn't will herself to resist.

"So please... Stay with me now. Stay here, and don't worry about a single thing."

The pain of asphyxiation seemed to fade away from Kyoko, which, under normal circumstances, she would have interpreted as a very bad sign, but... The only thing on her mind was the illusion's voice. In a flash, its tone had shifted from angry and vindictive to soft. Gentle. Pleading.

A voice that beckoned for her to stay. A voice she could not go against.

"..."

As her vision began to darken, her eyes slowly closing as the lack of air and self-determination overtook her, her hand slid off the illusion's choking hand.

And she ceased to resist.​

Last edited:
WBJfeMo.webp

"Robin? Did Batman take his eyes off-" Kido then looks at the supposed Robin - the leader of the UN and his boss. "Oh. Oh. I see. Hello Doctor Shields. Pleased to meet you to. Just call me P. Legitimate businessman, that is what I am. So... uh... what do you do at the Foundation anyways?"

WBJfeMo.webp

"Straight to the point, huh, Mason? Hmm... must as well do this," Kido shrugs his shoulders as he grasps Robin's wrist. "Boss, you're the tactician - the brains. Everything here is made from... whatever illusions are made from. Brainwaves I think? Even this guy over there is made from brainwaves and your imagination. It happened to me, it happened to them, and it happened to you. Yeah, let's just get this show on the road."

@Minerva

@FreeMasons

"Do you have clearance to any Foundation files, Mr. Legitimate Businessman?" He asked. "Anyway, I contained SCP-2214. If you have access to it, look it up. If you don't, well, I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps you can be given temporary access by Robin here." He pointed at him.

The young doctor nodded at Mason and Kido again. "He can break free of his own accord. Robin's strong." He said. "Or he can take an anti-memetic and just break out of this fully." He glanced at Robin.

Robin looked up. "I'm not taking it... You're just going to drag me deeper." He said. The glass of water in his hands was halfway empty, indicating he had been drinking it for a while.

Doctor Shields sighed. "Robin, I don't know what to tell you. If I wanted to hurt you, I have access to many ways here at the Foundation." He shook his head. "Never mind. You'll come to a decision eventually."

Finally, the scene changed. Those who were in the UN would recognize it as the Security Council's meeting room.

UN-Sicherheitsrat_-_UN_Security_Council_-_New_York_City_-_2014_01_06.jpg

However, it was a bit more packed than usual. Besides the eighteen usual Security Council Members and their aides, there were also several General Assembly members. Namely Emmeryn, Ashe, and the Israeli Representative. The members of the GA that most openly supported Robin and his actions.

Also in the room were Arc, the director of the Dragoons, who was flanked by Director Aline Maera and a white coated scientist. Akane, the director of UNCED, was surrounded by several UNCED soldiers in white body armor. Secretaries ran back and forth carrying paperwork and folders. A group of Blue Armored Peacekeepers led by Motoko Kusanagi stood around the room in full riot armor. Several Foundation doctors and agents stood around discussing something in a far corner. The room was busy, to say the least.

Seeing Robin, Akane ran over to him. She grabbed Robin into a hug. "You're alive." She said. "Aaron and I thought the worst." She pointed to the brown haired man holding a tablet-like device standing between Maera and the other scientist. "The meeting's about to start. I'm... Glad you're ok."

The American Security Council member stepped to the front of the room, in front of the large mural. He cleared his throat into a mic, and the clamor died down. "Alright, now that we know the Secretary-General is alive, this is an emergency session of the Security Council. Ritsuko and the General Assembly have violated the UN Charter. They have taken several steps they shouldn't have, and have declared military action against Secretary-General Aquilus and those close to him. We have come to discuss sanctions and further action." He said. "A Multiversal State of Emergency has been declared, and Peacekeepers have been trying to resolve the situatio-."

He would be cut off by a banging sound on the main door. The Peacekeepers in the room would all rack their weapons. The banging would resume, until a group of soldiers wearing GOC Body armor broke through. Gunfire erupted from the bullets of both Peacekeepers and GOC members. People began to flood out of a back door, and chaos ensued. The GOC Soldiers began to flood the room, surrounding the Security Council, General Assembly members, and the group.

"Grab the leaders and execute them." The apparent leader said. "Anyone else following Robin should also be captured and executed as ordered."

@Sen @Nater Taters @FreeMasons

"Do you have clearance to any Foundation files, Mr. Legitimate Businessman?" He asked. "Anyway, I contained SCP-2214. If you have access to it, look it up. If you don't, well, I don't know what to tell you. Perhaps you can be given temporary access by Robin here." He pointed at him.

The young doctor nodded at Mason and Kido again. "He can break free of his own accord. Robin's strong." He said. "Or he can take an anti-memetic and just break out of this fully." He glanced at Robin.

Robin looked up. "I'm not taking it... You're just going to drag me deeper." He said. The glass of water in his hands was halfway empty, indicating he had been drinking it for a while.

Doctor Shields sighed. "Robin, I don't know what to tell you. If I wanted to hurt you, I have access to many ways here at the Foundation." He shook his head. "Never mind. You'll come to a decision eventually."

Finally, the scene changed. Those who were in the UN would recognize it as the Security Council's meeting room.

However, it was a bit more packed than usual. Besides the eighteen usual Security Council Members and their aides, there were also several General Assembly members. Namely Emmeryn, Ashe, and the Israeli Representative. The members of the GA that most openly supported Robin and his actions.

Also in the room were Arc, the director of the Dragoons, who was flanked by Director Aline Maera and a white coated scientist. Akane, the director of UNCED, was surrounded by several UNCED soldiers in white body armor. Secretaries ran back and forth carrying paperwork and folders. A group of Blue Armored Peacekeepers led by Motoko Kusanagi stood around the room in full riot armor. Several Foundation doctors and agents stood around discussing something in a far corner. The room was busy, to say the least.

Seeing Robin, Akane ran over to him. She grabbed Robin into a hug. "You're alive." She said. "Aaron and I thought the worst." She pointed to the brown haired man holding a tablet-like device standing between Maera and the other scientist. "The meeting's about to start. I'm... Glad you're ok."

The American Security Council member stepped to the front of the room, in front of the large mural. He cleared his throat into a mic, and the clamor died down. "Alright, now that we know the Secretary-General is alive, this is an emergency session of the Security Council. Ritsuko and the General Assembly have violated the UN Charter. They have taken several steps they shouldn't have, and have declared military action against Secretary-General Aquilus and those close to him. We have come to discuss sanctions and further action." He said. "A Multiversal State of Emergency has been declared, and Peacekeepers have been trying to resolve the situatio-."

He would be cut off by a banging sound on the main door. The Peacekeepers in the room would all rack their weapons. The banging would resume, until a group of soldiers wearing GOC Body armor broke through. Gunfire erupted from the bullets of both Peacekeepers and GOC members. People began to flood out of a back door, and chaos ensued. The GOC Soldiers began to flood the room, surrounding the Security Council, General Assembly members, and the group.

"Grab the leaders and execute them." The apparent leader said. "Anyone else following Robin should also be captured and executed as ordered."

WBJfeMo.webp

"The UN Security Council Room? Eh, guess we're home now, Boss. Or in headquarters," Kido taps Robin on the shoulder. "I still like the fine colours of the ceiling and walls. Never gets old."

glXTgGe.webp

"This scenario seems a little... too laid-back."

"I don't know, maybe these Illusions also make people really really happy."

"Precisely. And I don't see Ms Akagi. We would at least be alerted about her exilation before its announcement, considering that we were at the incident itself."

"She's chilling in your office, probably breaking your vases by accident. Seriously though, why do you have vases in an office whose primary purpose is to be visited by mostly grade schoolers who work for you?"

"No, Ms Ritsuko Akagi. This is very likely an ideal situation, as opposed to reality. Also, I use plastic vases."

"Plastic? And I thought I was the dumb one."

"You are indeed, brother, for not realising that they are plastic the moment you see them."

Kido sees Robin hugging Ms Tsunemori just as he was about to greet her, causing him to pout in sheer jealousy.

"Gununu... this isn't very ideal to me. Whether it be Boss or... uh... that other guy... uh... I ran out of motivational speeches."

"Of course it isn't, brother. It's Mr Aquilus' ideal. And it's just a hug. In some cultur-"

"Yes, yes, I get it," Kido was still visibly pouting.

"I'm sure you'll get over this," Madoka pats Kido's shoulder. "Just takes some time."

WBJfeMo.webp

"Oh? What's this?" Kido looks at the sudden outburst of bullets as he hides underneath the chairs. He looks up, only to find out that all the leaders were to be executed. "Take this! Chair flip!" He swiftly rushed towards Ms Tsunemori, flipping a chair in an effort to improvise it as a shield.

Kido's eyes were burning with rage.

"If you want to mess with them," he points to his fellow Freemasons, "or anyone in this room, especially her," he points to Ms Tsunemori, "you will have to

GET

THROUGH

ME!

I have a theme park to go to and the second ticket's not for family or friends!"

Charging forward while using uprooted chair as shield, he smashes his way through the soldiers.

glXTgGe.webp

"He actually said that, I can't make that up," Madoka sighs, then has a fine laugh, "I can only hope that he knows what he is doing, as he is unlikely to snap out. In the meantime... music please."

Madoka claps her hands once

"I was expecting something different, but this will suffice. Let's march!... after we hatch a plan, that is."

And so the battle rages on as Madoka generates a giant grand piano out of nowhere, improvising it as a shield for the Freemasons.

Kido, meanwhile, tries to grab Ms Tsunemori's hand in an effort to rush behind this improvised shield, dodging and blocking bullets.

"Ram the piano towards them, then crush them!" Kido would suggest.

"No objections?" Madoka asks the other Freemasons. "If that's the case... OOOH, LET'S GO!"

@Crow @Mason Moretti @Sen @Nater Taters @Minerva @FreeMasons​

WBJfeMo.webp

"The UN Security Council Room? Eh, guess we're home now, Boss. Or in headquarters," Kido taps Robin on the shoulder. "I still like the fine colours of the ceiling and walls. Never gets old."

glXTgGe.webp

"Precisely. And I don't see Ms Akagi. We would at least be alerted about her exilation before its announcement, considering that we were at the incident itself."

"She's chilling in your office, probably breaking your vases by accident. Seriously though, why do you have vases in an office whose primary purpose is to be visited by mostly grade schoolers who work for you?"

"No, Ms Ritsuko Akagi. This is very likely an ideal situation, as opposed to reality. Also, I use plastic vases."

"You are indeed, brother, for not realising that they are plastic the moment you see them."

Kido sees Robin hugging Ms Tsunemori just as he was about to greet her, causing him to pout in sheer jealousy.

"Gununu... this isn't very ideal to me. Whether it be Boss or... uh... that other guy... uh... I ran out of motivational speeches."

"Of course it isn't, brother. It's Mr Aquilus' ideal. And it's just a hug. In some cultur-"

"I'm sure you'll get over this," Madoka pats Kido's shoulder. "Just takes some time."

WBJfeMo.webp

"Oh? What's this?" Kido looks at the sudden outburst of bullets as he hides underneath the chairs. He looks up, only to find out that all the leaders were to be executed. "Take this! Chair flip!" He swiftly rushed towards Ms Tsunemori, flipping a chair in an effort to improvise it as a shield.

"If you want to mess with them," he points to his fellow Freemasons, "or anyone in this room, especially her," he points to Ms Tsunemori, "you will have to

GET

THROUGH

ME!

I have a theme park to go to and the second ticket's not for family or friends!"

Charging forward while using uprooted chair as shield, he smashes his way through the soldiers.

glXTgGe.webp

"He actually said that, I can't make that up," Madoka sighs, then has a fine laugh, "I can only hope that he knows what he is doing, as he is unlikely to snap out. In the meantime... music please."

"I was expecting something different, but this will suffice. Let's march!... after we hatch a plan, that is."

And so the battle rages on as Madoka generates a giant grand piano out of nowhere, improvising it as a shield for the Freemasons.

Kido, meanwhile, tries to grab Ms Tsunemori's hand in an effort to rush behind this improvised shield, dodging and blocking bullets.

"No objections?" Madoka asks the other Freemasons. "If that's the case... OOOH, LET'S GO!"

Another wave of enemies to flood an illusion bursted into the UN meeting hall. It seemed to be a running theme with the illusions. "So, whenever too many people team up for the illusions to compensate, they throw enemies to cut down the numbers. Illusions play at the heart, so different hearts with different visions are able to break through. When that happens... the illusion tries to cut down the numbers," Mason thinks to himself.

He hears the order to attack Robin.
"That won't do at all. C'mon, Robin. Let's take them out, together!" Mason stands back-to-back with Robin. If any of the GOC soldiers would attempt to lay a finger or a bullet on his friend, he would do his best to get in the way. A barrier shield to protect against bullets and sword at the ready to knock down any meelee fighters. Robin could take the lead, using his keen sense of strategy to allow them to tackle the multitude of foes.

As they fought together, they built up energy. Fighting like allies, like brothers, felt right to Mason. A familiarity, from years passed.

Two brothers, dueling in a wide open yard. Cracks like the snapping of bone carry throughout the field, but no bones are broken today. Simply two wooden swords, exchanging blows back and forth. The swings carry laughter, and each clash rings out a song of brotherhood from the groaning wood. All until a mistake is made and the younger brother slips, tumbling to the ground.
"Looks like you lost this round, bro," the older brother, offering a hand to assist him in standing up, says with a soft chuckle.

Mason stays on the ground, motionless except for a quivering lip delivering soft sobs.

"What's wrong, Mace? Did I break something? C'mon, we'll get to Auntie's hospital..."

"Nothing's broken, Leon," the younger brother cries, "I'm fine! I have to be fine, because..."

"Mason..."

"Because I have to be strong like you! I have to be strong like you so I can be a man! That's what being a son is about! Making everyone proud, continuing the line, and all that is what is most important!"

"If I don't change, I'll... I'll..."

"You've been talking with Grandma. Have you not?"

"M-Maybe... She's supposed to be old and wise, so..."

Leon kneels to one knee and puts a finger on front of Mason's mouth to shush him. "Mason, listen to me. All that stuff about being big and strong and tough? That's not what matters. That's not what it takes to be a real man. It's not going to make anyone proud of you. What will make others proud is doing whatever you want to and standing up for it. You don't need big muscles or awesome fighting skills. Your best tools are all right up here, and that's what makes you great," Leon says while tapping Mason's forehead, "Just follow what your heart wants and see it through to the end."

"My heart wants to get stronger so I can help people."

"Is that all it wants?"

"..."

"No, but if I follow what it does want, then everyone will hate me. They'll laugh at me. They'll think I'm a freak. They won't understand..."

"They don't have to be able to. I understand you. C'mon, let's get back to your sword skills. You almost got me last time." Leon helps Mason off the ground and they return to their swordfighting.

"So, Robin, I was thinking of transferring from the Coalition to the UN. Is this what he UN is like every day? If it is, I can't tell if that's better or worse than the Coalition."

The energy between the fighters built up to its maximum. "Alright, Robin, Crit's ready. Let's blow this joint."
@Minerva @Mason Moretti @Crow @Nater Taters @Sen @FreeMasons

"So, Robin, I was thinking of transferring from the Coalition to the UN. Is this what he UN is like every day? If it is, I can't tell if that's better or worse than the Coalition."

WBJfeMo.webp

"From personal experience, the UN's usually more organized than this," Kido comments. "Don't worry, we have our fair share of utter chaos though. You should've seen the Fall of Elliot. That was glorious."

Kido, observing an incoming missile, kicks it away like it was a soccer ball, redirecting it back at the shooter.

"What can I say."

glXTgGe.webp

Meanwhile, Madoka would ram the improvised piano fortress into various foes, crushing their bones. "For the time being, follow my lead!"

@Minerva @Mason Moretti @Crow @Nater Taters @Sen @FreeMasons​

Stiles's illusion part 2: Sometimes There's an Ace up the Mist sleeves

Stiles stared at Void Stiles. He wasn't about to give him into him. He wasn't the end of all things. He wasn't him, none of this was real. He knew this, but there was still no solace or escape for him. He stared at himself. " I will find a way out of here. It's only a matter of time. Death, Despair and Destruction don't run everything. There are greater things out there like Hope."

Void Stiles smirked a bit. " Was it hope that Saved Allison when she was killed by the Oni? Was it hope when you destroyed Donvan? Was it Hope when you nearly killed yourself, saving your best friend? No, it wasn't. It was only Despair that won in the end. It wasn't Hope that saved you from that crazy bear. It wasn't Hope when you killed all those innocents. Neon Katt, Bullet, Shane, all of those who you damned to an eternity there. What about Tommy? You didn't save him. What about all the innocents that Illona killed? Nope, there was no hope. Hope has been dead for a long time."

Stiles paused and he looked at himself, or at least the dark version of himself. He wasn't wrong. There had been Death, Destruction and Despair. There had been... Stiles paused at his realization. The dog had predicted Death, it had passed. Destruction of the Coliation base and now the mist tried to get them into Despair. It was a trifecta and it was almost done. He had to tell the others but first he had to break the illusion. " I'm not scared of you. There is nothing and no one that can make me want to stay."

Void Stiles looked at him. " No, there is one," he said. He gestured and even though Stiles knew it wasn't real, there stood Victoria. He shouldn't, but he took a step deeper into the illusion.

" Hey Victoria."

@Atomyk

"Schnee?"

The voice was distant, and at first? She hardly noticed it. Everything felt off to her- her surroundings, the sounds about, hell, even herself. Her own thoughts and lack thereof. She couldn't quite put a finger on just what, but she knew something just wasn't right. The vaguely familiar voice was ignored, and she continued to analyze just what the issue was. And as she did? Only silence emanated from her being.

"..."

"Schnee!"

r32r2%2022_zpszgv3ypab.png

Instantly, Winter stiffened, snapping back to reality at the urgency in the voice. Like a trained pet, she straightened in an instant, her hand raising in a point to her eyebrow in salute. "General Ironwood, sir!" was the automatic reply, slipping into the air with practiced ease. It was as though the figure saying her name was a command to sit, and she was forced to oblige. Not out of a desire to do so, but rather, out of something much more complicated than that. After all, she'd never say it, but oftentimes she found herself sorely tempted to give her boss a right and proper bitch slap across the face. A shame that working under him was necessary to keep herself from home. If it could even be called that.

f32f321_zpsc4abbefd.jpg

Admittedly oblivious to these feelings, the general merely maintained his case of RBF(resting bitch face, of course), regarding the specialist with mild wariness. Clearly, she was out of her game in his opinion, but nonetheless. "We're here. I suggest you start paying more attention," he chided. "This meeting will be important and I don't need any further complications forming." Wait. Had she missed something? As far as she knew, there had been no upcoming meetings. And even if there had been...

"Of course, sir." And so that was that. She knew better than to argue, and had no desire to waste any time. Besides, there would be time to think everything over and sort it all out in her mind as they walked to... Wherever it was they were going. There was no room to ask, really, lest she would seem a fool. For now, she just followed after the general, hands clasped neatly behind her back as they strode on. It was easy to tell they were in Beacon from just the feel of the air as they disembarked from the airship, not to mention the view. But had she not been here mere days ago? Perhaps it had all been but a dream, but it certainly didn't seem that way.

Of course, it would be difficult to say that what came next was a dream, either. A familiar voice called out mere moments after her heeled shoes touched on the ground, causing her to look it's direction with a visible lack of amusement or excitement. "Winter! Oh, I'm so glad you're here!" Unmistakable. She didn't have to be looking at the speaker to know just who it was. "Oh, uh, I mean... It's a pleasure to see you again." At least she knew to correct herself. Pausing only briefly in her march to give her younger sister a once over, the military specialist's gaze hardened slightly. "...Sister," she greeted in return, curtly. She noticed Ironwood was giving her a look, but she gestured for him to continue. She would catch up momentarily, now that she had a very good idea of where they were going and what they were doing here.

Whether she said it aloud or not, family- or, well, her sister -was still above her work. If only in some ways. For now, she would give her the time of day, but she didn't have long to do so. Now that she had realized what they were here for, she knew how important it was she not be late.

523523%201_zpsxmzcoavv.png

"What brings you here? How long are you staying?" The answer was, of course, "Classified". At Weiss's side were a clearly less excited pair of teens, one obviously younger than the other. There was a small bout of silence before it was finally broken by a rather ample-chested blonde.

4214124958_zps72d55060.png

"Soooo... You're Weiss's big Schneester, huh?" came her inquiry. Winter merely gave a deadpan, cold eyes looking as unamused as ever. Her little sibling's features dropped as well, likely disappointed in her... acquaintance. But that didn't discourage the blonde. "I'm Yang, and this is Ruby. Nice to meet you!" And thus a hand was extended, to which it was regarded with a lack of interest. After a few moments, this 'Yang' seemed to take the hint, her hand slowly moving to instead rub her neck in a rather awkward manner. "So. these are the teammates you wrote of," Winter finally spoke, seeming to scrutinize the pair with her gaze. But there wasn't time to make any further inquiries. So it was without allowing time for a reply that she spoke again.

"Hmph. I will reconvene with you later, sister... Miss Rose, Miss Xiao Long," she stated with a respectful nod to each of them. "Oh, of course! I look forward to it! I hope you have fun with... whatever you must do-- er, I mean, good luck with your business here!"

"...Is she always like that?"

"Yeah, she seems kinda.. weird."

"Oh, as though either of you have room to talk," Weiss snapped with a huff, turning to storm off with her head held high. In her wake, Yang and Ruby exchanged a look before the former shrugged.

It didn't take long to arrive at the 'secret meeting room' designated for the little secret circle of Ozpin's. And when she did, she entered with her typical confidence and perfect posture. A respectful nod of greeting was given to Glynda and her superior, gloved hands neatly at her sides. "Miss Goodwitch. General." It was a phlegmatic greeting, sure, but a greeting nonetheless. But something was off... Ozpin wasn't anywhere in sight. "Ah, so she finally decides to join the party. And here I thought it'd kill ya if you were even a second late." That voice... Oh, come on. It'd been bad enough that he'd been in what she still was pondering was a dream or not, she had no desire to deal with him here.

"What are you doing here?" Winter demanded, whirling to face the drunk who she now realized was awfully close as he rounded her, leading to a harsh glare being sent up towards him. "And where is the professor?" There was no doubt in her that she'd get some snarky reply to her first question, if not both of her questions, from Qrow, but there was now dead silence. She felt the eyes of all present staring at her after they'd exchanged looks with each other. Even Qrow was quiet, and that never happened. For once, she felt self-conscious, looking between the others with confusion. Just what had she said that had caused this?

r32r2%2010_zpsgirtwplw.png

"...Care to explain, Jimbo? Thought ya said nothin' happened to her."

Okay, now that definitely wasn't right. A scowl lit Winter's feats, and she didn't hesitate to speak up. "Excuse me?" The only response she got was a less than pleasing one. "Shshshhh, I wasn't talking to ya, Ice Queen." Also apparently ignoring her, the general gave a rather annoyed reply of his own.

"Of course nothing happened to her. She held her own fine through the attack. You can tell even now that she's lacking in any injury," said general retaliated. Despite her desire and imminent attempts, Winter couldn't get a word in. "And did you think to run a mental examination? I don't suppose you've considered that she may have been injured without your notice?" Glynda added in. Alright, she hadn't been given any commands to keep her from doing so, and she was tired of being talked about like she wasn't there. This wasn't going to fly even a moment longer.

"I'm fine. What are all of you on about?" Winter finally snapped, looking between her company with growing aggravation. Another pause came, albeit shorter than the last, before the general spoke up. "...You really don't remember." It was an observation, but it only served to add frustration. "Ozpin is gone. The enemy has him." For the longest time, the words didn't truly sink in. After all, he had been perfectly safe the last time she'd been in Beacon, even if she wasn't quite sure just when that was with this whole Coalition nonsense. It was impossible. There had been no attack, Ozpin was fine... And so she spoke out, whirling on Qrow.

"If this is your idea of a joke, Qrow-..." The words almost seemed to come out in something comparable to a growl, but there was a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach. Glynda was the first to reply. "Did you really not notice as you came in? The city is in shambles. The Grimm? The lack of Hunters and Huntresses-in-training?"

No... That wasn't right. "My sister and her peers greeted me as we disembarked. There were no Grimm about, and certainly no wreckage." Well. The looks she received upon making that statement were less than appeasing. "Your sister returned home, as did the rest of her teammates, much like the majority of those who attended our school." That couldn't be right. What the hell had gotten into these three? "Schnee, perhaps it would be better if you wait outside."

"No."

Her first act of defiance against the general's wishes, it was. And, in edition? It was drowned out by another's voice. Something that astounded her- Qrow. And for the first time, they appeared to share an opinion. Only one of them continued, though. "We all signed up for this, Ice Queen included. Maybe she doesn't remember, but we all took a vow. I'm pickin' up where he left off. If any of ya do decide ya wanna leave, well, the time's now."

And there it was again, a silence filling the space between them all. Somehow, with the way he spoke, it all seemed more... real. When the childish drunks sobered up and actually acted thoughtful and serious, it was difficult to deny the reality of the situation.

"No takers? Good," Qrow continued after a moment, the faintest trace of a smirk lighting his face. "Jimmy," It was a sad moment, when Winter didn't even correct him, "how're the repairs comin'?"

At first, the general seemed very uncomfortable answering to the drunk, but he managed to reply. "Just fine. But would you care to tell me just who elected that you be in charge?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I must've forgotten who's been workin' with Oz longer. I hope you don't mind me asking, but who invited your fleets here, again?"

sick burn cause big man shut up

"Good. Glynd--"

A thunderous, ground-shaking explosion happened to be lacking in manners, it seemed, because it interrupted Qrow mid-sentence. The entirety of their little group was sent flying in separate directions, each thrown into a wall. For a few sparse moments, Winter's vision swam in black, her ears ringing as distant shouts and screams hit them, almost feeling as though they were from a different world entirely. She knew better, luckily, and her teeth merely gritted as she forced herself to concentrate. Her world slowly came into focus again, and she found herself thankful that her aura took most of the hit for her. Granted, it still hurt like the dickens, but to her feet she went without a true injury. Her eyes went wide at the sight before her- the building seeming to collapse, her comrades on the verge of falling.

Acting as quickly as possible, she had glyphs forming in carefully calculated locations. "Let go!" she barked out, initiating an attempt to get them out of there quickly and efficiently, doing the same for herself. In no time at all, they were all (arguably) safe on the ground. What had caused the explosion was lost to her, but she was ready for whatever it was, and so were the others. "Sir?" she spoke, looking around with narrowed eyes.

"Permission to attack granted."

There was one half of it. Now she just needed to find what needed to be attacked. Luckily, it didn't take long- a horde of Grimm was already coming. Easy to tell, with the way the ground was obviously being pounded, judging by the pebbles steadily sent up and down off the ground. But Grimm couldn't have caused that explosion, and she made sure to keep a trained eye out for what did. In the meantime, well...

...It was refreshing, almost, getting to fight as a team for once.

Naturally, the Grimm didn't exactly last long. A renowned Huntsman, a military specialist and general, and a hell of a headmistress. Who did you think was going to win that one out? ...Don't answer that. With nothing but wreckage left behind from the brief fight, a small conversation was allowed for. "This makes no sense. They've got Ozpin. What could they possibly want, now?" Jim asked, probably more to himself than the rest of them. "Jee, I dunno. Maybe to take the city before it gets the chance to bounce back?" Of course. "And maybe the two of you should stop acting so childishly! If we're going to do anything about this, it will take all of us to do so. Now if you'd cease your bickering for two seconds, perhaps you'll consider that it may be in our best interest to split up. We'll cover more ground and should we find the source of this... 'accident', we can reach the others."

What was this? Scooby Doo? If so, she felt like Velma, stuck with Shaggy, because she was left to search with Qrow. Jinkies. And as they ran, scouring the city for their new adversaries, Winter spoke the moment that she noticed Qrow starting to open his mouth. "Not. A. Word." Now was definitely not the time for his ridiculous antics or attempts to tick her off, and she didn't want to hear any of it. "How about three?" Okay, so that was a bit intriguing. Normally if he wanted to talk, he'd just say it, even if told not to. So she paused in her sprint, slowing to look at him warily. "Fine. But it had better be important."

"Get outta here."

Okay. Definitely not what she had expected.

"What?" she demanded, obviously caught off guard by his words. "You have no right to give me such an order. Did you already forget? You were just speaking about--"

"-Forget what I was speakin' about and let me finish. Get outta here. Find the kids and make sure they're safe. Glynda, Jim-Jam and I can handle this just fine," he concluded. For some odd reason , the words infuriated her, almost more than anything else he'd said to her before. Which, quite frankly, said a lot. It was as though he'd done her a personal wrong, and she was eager to slap him across the face for it. Which, she did, but her wrist was caught just before impact. "Ah, ah, ah- hands off the merchandise, Ice Queen." Like pulling his typical prickhood out again was going to help him.

"Look around you, Qrow. No three people can defeat monsters that can do this in... However long that 'attack' was," she snapped, her snatched wrist's hand clenching into a fist. "Don't be a fool. If we are to have any chance of success, we need to retreat. All of us. There aren't enough of us to fight like this," she insisted. Much to her aggravation, her words drew that annoying smirk back out. "Guess you're right. But that doesn't mean we can't try, does it?" he fired back. And thus, her scowl deepened. "Trying would be suicide. And not just ours. What would happen if the few figures of authority left who knew about Ozpin were to fall? Who would search for him, then? Who w--"

A familiar pounding, followed by another explosion. A scream carried on the wind... A scream that she had heard plenty of times, growing up in her father's household. Blue eyes widened, meeting Qrow's only briefly before she whirled around and took off in the direction that the sound had come from with the male close on her heel. Glyphs formed beneath her feet, accelerating her movement even further. But no matter what magic she used, there was no getting there in time. By the time she arrived? There was nothing to do but feel her heart drop and shatter like ice. Because there in the rubble was the limp body of none other than Weiss Schnee, blood coating the entirety of her pale body.

With a horrified look on her face, Winter had a summon at her side, helping her be rid of the rubble with Qrow's assistance as well. Crouched to the ground, shaking hands pulled her sister into her arms. Weiss squinted at her sibling, barely managing to rasp out a word. "Winter...?" No response. Silence. Silence. Crushing, painful, traitorous silence. "W-Winter..."

"...They said you were with father."

"I-it's okay, Winter-"

"If I hard realized you were here..."

"Winter--"

"I never meant to be so harsh with you."

Weiss's fingers twitched, an effort to raise a hand to her sibling's mouth to quiet her, or perhaps to attempt to grab her hand. It was enough to finally snap Winter out of it, tears in her eyes for the first time in much longer than she could remember. Her shaky gloved hand carefully took Weiss's, her mind taking in every detail as she watched the pain in her younger sister's eyes as the life slowly faded from them. Never would she not be haunted by the sight, and her little 'dream' was forgotten. All she felt was pain, remorse, despair. And over Weiss's bloodied corpse, her tears fell in silence.

I've failed you. I...-

"You can still help her, y'know." The words ripped her from her trance, and Winter tensed, glancing over her shoulder at the speaker. "And how, pray tell, am I to do that?" she inquired through her teeth and the cracking of her own voice. She sounded so... pathetic, and she couldn't bring herself to care. But no response came, save for the sounds of repeated gunfire before that of a body dropping. And it was all right in front of her eyes.

"Qrow--!"

And then it hit her. And 'it' wasn't the bullets that followed. No, it was a realization. One that carried the exact same amount of force, if not more, than said rounds. She remembered it all before, sure, but it was as though the pain that shot through her- physically and mentally -of both the sights and the impact of the bullets. The rest of the memory. The final moments as a big group, the horde of enemies... The floor falling out from under them, everything turning to nothing. Darkness, fighting the mist that grew stronger and stronger throughout the fall. This wasn't real. She still could help Weiss, the comment was true. She could help if she just snapped out of it. And horrified, demoralized, or not, she wasn't giving in. Not until she bear her illusion.

Realityisanillusiontheuniverseisahologrambuygoldbye

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Atomyk

WBJfeMo.webp

glXTgGe.webp

WBJfeMo.webp

GET

THROUGH

ME!

glXTgGe.webp

Another wave of enemies to flood an illusion bursted into the UN meeting hall. It seemed to be a running theme with the illusions. "So, whenever too many people team up for the illusions to compensate, they throw enemies to cut down the numbers. Illusions play at the heart, so different hearts with different visions are able to break through. When that happens... the illusion tries to cut down the numbers," Mason thinks to himself.

He hears the order to attack Robin.
"That won't do at all. C'mon, Robin. Let's take them out, together!" Mason stands back-to-back with Robin. If any of the GOC soldiers would attempt to lay a finger or a bullet on his friend, he would do his best to get in the way. A barrier shield to protect against bullets and sword at the ready to knock down any meelee fighters. Robin could take the lead, using his keen sense of strategy to allow them to tackle the multitude of foes.

As they fought together, they built up energy. Fighting like allies, like brothers, felt right to Mason. A familiarity, from years passed.

Two brothers, dueling in a wide open yard. Cracks like the snapping of bone carry throughout the field, but no bones are broken today. Simply two wooden swords, exchanging blows back and forth. The swings carry laughter, and each clash rings out a song of brotherhood from the groaning wood. All until a mistake is made and the younger brother slips, tumbling to the ground.
"Looks like you lost this round, bro," the older brother, offering a hand to assist him in standing up, says with a soft chuckle.

Mason stays on the ground, motionless except for a quivering lip delivering soft sobs.

"What's wrong, Mace? Did I break something? C'mon, we'll get to Auntie's hospital..."

"Nothing's broken, Leon," the younger brother cries, "I'm fine! I have to be fine, because..."

"Mason..."

"Because I have to be strong like you! I have to be strong like you so I can be a man! That's what being a son is about! Making everyone proud, continuing the line, and all that is what is most important!"

"If I don't change, I'll... I'll..."

"You've been talking with Grandma. Have you not?"

"M-Maybe... She's supposed to be old and wise, so..."

Leon kneels to one knee and puts a finger on front of Mason's mouth to shush him. "Mason, listen to me. All that stuff about being big and strong and tough? That's not what matters. That's not what it takes to be a real man. It's not going to make anyone proud of you. What will make others proud is doing whatever you want to and standing up for it. You don't need big muscles or awesome fighting skills. Your best tools are all right up here, and that's what makes you great," Leon says while tapping Mason's forehead, "Just follow what your heart wants and see it through to the end."

"My heart wants to get stronger so I can help people."

"Is that all it wants?"

"..."

"No, but if I follow what it does want, then everyone will hate me. They'll laugh at me. They'll think I'm a freak. They won't understand..."

"They don't have to be able to. I understand you. C'mon, let's get back to your sword skills. You almost got me last time." Leon helps Mason off the ground and they return to their swordfighting.

The energy between the fighters built up to its maximum. "Alright, Robin, Crit's ready. Let's blow this joint."
WBJfeMo.webp

"From personal experience, the UN's usually more organized than this," Kido comments. "Don't worry, we have our fair share of utter chaos though. You should've seen the Fall of Elliot. That was glorious."

Kido, observing an incoming missile, kicks it away like it was a soccer ball, redirecting it back at the shooter.

"What can I say."

glXTgGe.webp

Meanwhile, Madoka would ram the improvised piano fortress into various foes, crushing their bones. "For the time being, follow my lead!"

@Minerva @Mason Moretti @Crow @Nater Taters @Sen @FreeMasons​
Nobody seemed to notice, that was fine with Artyom, he looked to his left, he looked to his right. He pulled out his Duplet shotgun and..started strumming it. Well, he was pretending at least, this standing around was killing him.

For anyone who was unsure what Artyom was doing, he was playing air guitar, with his shotgun, and was defiantly rocking out!

Yep...it was official...Artyom was a big dork

Nobody seemed to notice, that was fine with Artyom, he looked to his left, he looked to his right. He pulled out his Duplet shotgun and..started strumming it. Well, he was pretending at least, this standing around was killing him.

For anyone who was unsure what Artyom was doing, he was playing air guitar, with his shotgun, and was defiantly rocking out!

Yep...it was official...Artyom was a big dork

"Come on, Artyom," I say, my voice carrying away from an ignored narrator and rival to Mason into that of dark whispers within Artyom's ears, "I worked so hard for Mason to be able to save you. You're not going to play along and fight? Fine then. I'll help this world out by getting you out of it."

I tap into Mason's power and create a nice little portal to free Artyom, and Artyom alone, from this illusion. Once he's through, I close that portal so everybody in the "FreeMasons" plays fairly and beats the illusions the right way. After all, this is all a game, isn't it Mason?

"Artyom? Where did he..."

Well, if you'll listen, Mason, I'll tell you. I send Artyom out of Robin's illusion, and back into the "hub" of Mason's. Normally, a stained glass staircase would appear, but Artyom's not being very cooperative, so I have a slide prepared for the moment he falls into the portal that will spiral downwards and drop little Arty right into good old Train's illusion world.

"Will you actually work and save someone this time?" I whisper into his ear.
@Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Stiiiiles...~"

A female voice rang out in a singsong manner, echoing throughout the area. The teenager that Stiles recognized to be Victoria sauntered over to the boy, a playful smile on her face.

RZr6y6y.png

"It's not so bad here... I'm sorry I couldn't come with you, but you know how it is. I'm here now, right? Maybe I could even find Diana...?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

hunted-the-demons-forge-wallpaper-burning-city.jpg

Saber Alter swung her blade down, cleaving yet another foe in her path. She ignored it, looking around the city with a scowl and dashed off in a random direction. What sort of illusion was her master in? This place was Hell- Complete with demonic forces and she privately wondered if he was a masochist or if strife was just his nominal state of being, where he felt most comfortable. She needed height.

She ran up the side of a building, flipping her way to the top as she stared out at the expanse of fire, bombardment from the skies and general terror spreading over the city. There was no border she could see, nothing beyond the limits. Which made sense, as this illusion was not hers. It was meant for another sort of fly entirely.

She needed help.

She stabbed her sword into the side next to her and called out.

"IS ANYONE ELSE OUT THERE?!"

@Jeremi

-----------

Meanwhile, had Lucifer time to think he would have questioned things. Such as how he was able to keep scavenging new weapons, including his own. Or why the children he was watching never really needed water or other essentials, no matter how far or fast they ran. Or how he seemed to always have a burst of strength, at the exact time he needed when it came down to fight.

Battle fever they called it. When you thought of nothing but the fight before you, where survival- Kill or be killed was the only question. Had he been concerned for himself alone, he would have questioned this long ago. As he wasn't...

War was in his blood and he had seen far, far too much of it for it to not have any effect on his psych. The guilt of survival where friends did not, the weariness, the hurt. The Mists of Silent Earth targeted the weakest point of a victims psych...For him, it was always his PTSD. His pathological need to keep others from being in the same boat, the urge to protect.

And it played him like a damned fiddle as he moved back into the fray.​

Status
Not open for further replies.