Status
Not open for further replies.
"Sure, the hill, why not?"

Victoria smiled sweetly and looped her arm around his. She stood like that for a moment, not quite leaning against him, but close enough for him to feel her breath on his neck. "I just want us to have a good time and not worry about anything else," she said sweetly. "Do you got my camera?"
Stiles was happy that she wanted to go to the hill.

Stiles was thrilled that she looped her arm around his. He had liked her for a long time and he was happy that she was returning the feeling back to him. He wanted to show her the best time that any human could. He looked at her and went over to his desk. " Yeah, I got your camera, we can take some pictures."

@Atomyk

Scott looked over and wondered if they could do anything for the others who were in the illusions at the moment. He really didn't want to sit back and do nothing. It seemed that not many others were awake or for that matter out of their illusions, he noticed that Stiles indeed wasn't. But the question was, could they do anything about the mess? Could they help them break the illusion of their fellow coalition members.

tumblr_n4dv7rRxBD1t90e7uo1_500.gif

" Well, do you think perhaps we could help the others get out of their illusions?" He asked.

He wasn't sure if they could enter other's illusions, but his evil vanisher had killed Peter in his and broke him out. It might be possible to rescue the others.

@york @Shall we go jumping?
Ruby Rose
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Others?

2IFtE9y.gif

"Weeell... I... Don't actually know how to... Get into other people's illusions..." Ruby said.

She looked a little hesitant about saying this since well, she really did want to help out, but she seriously just wasn't sure how to just yet.​

Train and Artyom would be greeted with a rather peaceful setting awaiting them.

There they would see Cheza and Toboe, their backs to the new comers, standing before three men.
wolfr_a.jpg

The black haired one, Kiba stood between them, keeping a protective stance as he blocked mostly Cheza. The man in leather, Tsume blocked mostly Toboe.

9b6258678a681b62968510aa03860491.jpg

"Why are you here?" the first growled, showing his true appearance suddenly, a white wolf now standing before the two.

Cheza seemed slightly surprised to see them. While Toboe was surprised as well, he frowned.

This was their pack, together again. Whole again. He could feel a tingling sensation in the back of his mind, yet he didn't know why.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Mason Moretti

Artyom only shrugged when Train asked about Cheza and Mason. What was he supposed to say, he wasn't to sure himself what the relationship between Cheza and Mason, nor did he really care, what was Cheza and Mason's business was their business, nobody else's.

When they came across Cheza and Toboe, Artyom was relived that maybe they could get the pair out of the illusion, that was until Kiba and the others butted in, Artyom reached for his revolver, and this time, he felt it on his side, he pulled it out of it's holster and pulled the hammer back on the gun.

"We are not going to harm you...we were sent by a friend of Cheza's to.........um......" Artyom paused, a little confused on the best way to explain this, Artyom glanced over at Train, hoping he might explain this whole situation better.

Working carefully to not reveal my aura to the wolves, real or illusion, I whisper to Artyom and Train. They look like they might need some help.

"These are wolves, don't be fooled," I say to them, "They may seem human, but there's a fine line between the two. They're hunters. They should be treated as such. Train, treat them like your... Seekers, is it? No, no... sweepers. Treat them like sweepers.

"They're friends, especially the orange-haired one, but they need care, wariness, and respect."
@Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti #Miss Blue Text #Cheza&Toboe

2IFtE9y.gif

"Weeell... I... Don't actually know how to... Get into other people's illusions..." Ruby said.

She looked a little hesitant about saying this since well, she really did want to help out, but she seriously just wasn't sure how to just yet.
tumblr_inline_nx407x3B841qfch49_500.gif

" There has to be a way to enter the other's illusions. I don't think the other me could have killed Peter if there wasn't. Wait, maybe it is simple. "

Scott went over to the nearest body that was asleep. It just happened to be Stiles. " I like to test a theory. Place your hand on my friend, maybe we can jump into his illusion. We could also test this on one of your friends."

@york @ Ruby's friend or Stiles?

"Naegi, are you listening?"

bKpKBDL.png

"--Huh?"

A voice dripping with annoyance pulled Makoto up and out of the dark depths of his psyche, causing him to shake his head and blink blearily around himself. The voice was familiar, reminding him mostly of the Coalition headquarters, leading him to believe that's where he had ended up. He couldn't quite recall how he had gotten here. He could barely even remember that awful nightmare. As for who was speaking to him, Makoto turned to stare at the source of the question.

With Makoto looking around dumbly, almost as if he was in a trance, the speaker leaned forward and spoke with more intensity.

hWMU2tw.png

"Have you forgotten how to speak, or are your ears clogged? Either way, do you need instructions on these simple tasks? Are there any other actions your body can perform you're confused about?"

"Uh..." Makoto wasn't entirely sure what to say, still dazed slightly be his sudden transportation. His mouth hung open as if he was about to speak, but nothing came.

Byakuya Togami, the Ultimate Affluent Progeny, had come to expect this sort of behavior from others. When he spoke, others were meant to listen, but sometimes his demeanor left people speechless and unable to respond. Makoto knew him well, for they both had joined Future Foundation together and had worked alongside each other since then. Though Byakuya was naturally the sort to lead, it was Makoto who always seemed to lead him instead.

Sva444A.png

"You t-tell him, Master," said a second voice, restrained and stammering, quite opposite from Byakuya's clear and precise speech. "Show h-him how it's done... teach him a l-lesson, right here in front of m-me!"

Makoto looked upon the second speaker, knowing her to be Toko Fukawa, the Ultimate Writing Prodigy, At least, for the moment.

"H-Hey... wait! I just need a moment here..." Makoto leaned back in his seat, holding up his hands defensively. He offered Byakuya and Toko an embarrassed smile, knowing they probably found it odd he was acting so spacey. Makoto couldn't explain it, not one bit, and he needed to start figuring out quickly what was happening. The two speaking to him were both Future Foundation members, so he was likely at some kind of stronghold, right?

Except, when Makoto finally looked around himself and actually took in where he was, he found it far more surprising.

31-021-cafeteria.png

The Hope's Peak Academy cafeteria.

The revelation was enough to send chills down Makoto's spine. A cold sweat broke out on his face as he stood up quickly, pushing back his chair so that it scraped against the floor. Somehow, enjoying a meal with his classmates had become the most frightening experience.

This was just all wrong.

6vOYNoB.png

"Gee, Makoto, what's gotten into you? You hit your head or something?"

Makoto turned, his eyes meeting Junko Enoshima's steady gaze... no, that was wrong. This was the Ultimate Soldier, Mukuro Ikusaba. Of all the things that seemed impossible, the sight of her still dressed up as her sister seemed the most dizzying.

VGlCIu7.png

"Hey... if Makoto here can get away with a nap, why can't you guys let me sleep in a little...?"

Yasuhiro Hagakure, referred to as "Hiro" by his friends and bearing the title of Ultimate Clairvoyant, looked about ready to collapse as if this was a gathering for gym class and not breakfast.

There was a loud grunt as another gathered around the breakfast spread stood up much like Makoto had, with his fist slamming against hard surface of the table.

2eVVbKs.png

"What's with the fuckin' racket, you guys?!"

Mondo Owada's voice boomed across the cafeteria table, sounding as if he was yelling right next to Makoto. The Ultimate Biker Gang Leader was not the kind of guy you wanted to make upset. Makoto could only look at him, his throat dry.

NWX3d3u.png

"Makoto, would you like to sit down? Eat your breakfast, if you can."

Sakura Oogami had a gruff voice, for a woman, but it came out calm and direct. It was soothing in its own way. Of anyone, the Ultimate Martial Artist was an expert at keeping control.

6hUZJB2.png

"Yes, Makoto... please sit down. Do it for me?"

Makoto looked down to find Sayaka Maizono sitting next to him. She was smiling up at him, waiting patiently for him to do as she requested. He still remembered the Ultimate Pop Sensation's horrible words in that vague nightmare. How was it possible for her to say such things...? How was it possible for her and his other classmates to be together at all?

Makoto wanted to offer Sayaka his reassurances, but he held back. He wanted to match her pleasant smile, but all he could do was from.

Why don't you want to be happy?

The question was so sudden, Makoto let out a small gasp. His knees buckled and he fell back into his chair, trying to work out if that was Sayaka speaking in his head. She was still smiling, of course, though he could see his odd movements was causing it to wane.

"I'm sorry... what did you say, Sayaka?"

She stopped smiling completely then, looking at Makoto with worry. There was a moment's pause where she exchanged glances with the others around her before turning back to Makoto.

atHXvTS.png

"You're acting very strange, Makoto. Are you ill? I think Kyoko is as well... were you both up late last night doing something?"

Kyoko Kirigiri.

The Ultimate Detective.

Just the mention of her name caused Makoto to stand up again, his head whipping back and forth to scan the students around the table. He found her quickly enough, standing so closely nearby that Makoto wondered how he had not seen her up to this point. He stared at her, not moving until she turned and recognized him as well. There was something in the way she looked at him that told Makoto she was not a part of all this...

Btuq4m3.png

"Kyoko..." Finally moving, Makoto stepped around the table so that he was standing face-to-face with Kyoko. "Do you know what's happening here?"

Makoto had some idea, but he needed to hear Kyoko's thoughts. Needed to hear her voice.

@Verite
kiri016.png

"Makoto, I..." She began to speak, before trailing off, only shaking her head with a soft sigh, a rather concerned expression on her face, and then averting her gaze from the young man, "I can't say. Though..." Kyoko continued cautiously, pondering her words and thoughts carefully as she'd cup her chin in thought, "If you're thinking the same thing I am, then that could only mean..."

"Isn't that what they call having a connection with your lover or somethin'?"

"Wha--?"

leon001.png

Yaaawwwwnnn...

Leon let out a slight yawn after he'd speak, evidently still tired after having to wake up so soon, with a nonchalant demeanor as though he was hardly serious about what he'd just said. Still, seemed like he wasn't the only one who stayed up late, assuming that was even the case at all. Kyoko couldn't help but be embarrassed by Leon. Not so much at what he'd said, but his general, lax attitude, and the way he was so easily talking to them. She couldn't possibly be comfortable with Leon Kuwata being like that to her and Makoto.

Not when, rather than being so laid-back and unassuming, her last memory of him was...

fuji004.png

"E-Eeeehhh?"

Chihiro, on the other hand, was a little less than mellow, and comparatively more excited than the Ultimate Baseball Star, the smaller boy always seeming to have that kind of earnest attitude wherever he went. This also bothered Kyoko. The way he was so lively, so full of energy, so full of life. But she couldn't possibly be comfortable with Chihiro Fujisaki being like that around her.

Not when her last memory of him was...

"L-Lovers?! I-I didn't know Naegi-san and Kirigiri-san had that kind of relationship!" He'd exclaimed, practically for the rest of the room to hear.

"N-No, it's just--"

lud007.png

"Well, the two of them do seem to be in a daze. I'd make a rather sizable wager to say that the two of them might have been... perhaps up to some mischief last night?" Celeste would add in with an intrigued tone, hopping into the conversation casually, as though it were completely her business.

"Such illicit activities, I'm sure, would be frowned upon, especially by Ishimaru, and I trust that I need not remind how loud he can be?"

yama009.png

"W-WHAAAAAA?!" Hifumi would exclaim in alarm, letting out a shocked gasp, before pointing an accusatory finger at Makoto, "I... I can't believe you'd really succumb to the dark side like that, Naegi! And to think I thought of you as my brother in arms! A fellow comrade in the firm belief of 2D superiority over 3DPD women!"

As usual, it didn't seem like anyone really knew what he was talking about, though whatever it was, Hina would let out a lightly disgusted noise.

hina006.png

"Y-Yuck... I would hope that was never the case."

Aha. So that was it.

Kyoko understood now.

Making deductions that led her to a quick and easy conclusion, Kyoko narrowed her eyes, attempting to refocus herself and get back on track as the confident, level-headed leader that she knew herself as. It was so obvious. The old classmates, the familiar, nostalgic setting of a time that she had forgotten against her own will. It was all... It was all just...

"... an illusion..."

hina005.png

"Eh? Kyoko? Did you say something?" Asahina would ask, or rather, the individual that took the likeness of Aoi Asahina would speak. But Kyoko knew better. She was always the smart one, after all, and for good reason. Not just because she worked fast with her brain.

But because it was a more vital part of her being than her heart.

"Makoto..." Kyoko initially only said, choosing to ignore the Ultimate Swimming Pro as she'd look at Makoto dead in the eye, like an intense glare.

kiri004.png

"Try to remember. When Shiki Tohno destroyed the Silent Earth illusion... It's trying to take us down with it. This is all just... an illusion. This is all fake. All of it. No matter how real it seems, no matter how... genuine it feels," she spoke, her voice hardly wavering as she talked.

This didn't need to be harder than it could be. Though she might have looked otherwise on the outside, this situation was practically tearing up Kyoko from the inside. How dare they... use her precious memories of the peaceful times with her class, peaceful times that she'd forgotten no less, in an attempt to coerce and tempt her? Well, it certainly wasn't going to work. So long as--

lud002.png

"So the gambit was figured out so quickly. How disappointing," Celeste would say calmly, interrupting Kyoko's thoughts, once again cutting into the conversation she was having, before continuing, "But the question remains... Even if this world is fake, what's wrong with that? Don't you want to stay? After all, if you do, even if this world is fake, merely a construct created from your subconscious desires, could you say with great certainty that the time you'd spent here, the memories you'd be able to make here, would be fake as well?"

"Wouldn't you want to be happy here like you could have been before?"

"W... What are you..."

hina010.png

"Kyoko, Makoto... Don't you... want to stay? We can make things like they once were, even better than what they could have been, you know," Asahina would speak, more emotionally this time, but it seemed that with the jig up, the illusion was making itself visible, but not dissipating, like most illusions or dreams would upon discovery.

"Don't you want to be happy?"

"Y-You all..."

@Atomyk

Victoria didn't let Stiles go far, staying by his side as he moved toward his desk. She leaned forward to look through the items scattered there, moving as if she was rather familiar with his style of clutter. "I was just wondering, you know..." Victoria paused as she opened a drawer, finding her camera inside. She nodded and took it out gently to cradle the expensive item in her palm. "Are you all right? Was there something on your mind? You seemed a little off earlier."

tumblr_nyjryxZ99D1thvu4co9_250.jpg

"Just want to make sure you're fine, you know? We can head to the hill with no worries."

@LuckycoolHawk9

Victoria didn't let Stiles go far, staying by his side as he moved toward his desk. She leaned forward to look through the items scattered there, moving as if she was rather familiar with his style of clutter. "I was just wondering, you know..." Victoria paused as she opened a drawer, finding her camera inside. She nodded and took it out gently to cradle the expensive item in her palm. "Are you all right? Was there something on your mind? You seemed a little off earlier."

tumblr_nyjryxZ99D1thvu4co9_250.jpg

"Just want to make sure you're fine, you know? We can head to the hill with no worries."

Stiles looked at the desk and wondered where he had put the camera. He had been working on some theories on what had cause the mass down of population of supernaturals coming to Beacon Hills and he had left the desk like that. He could have sworn that he had put the camera on top of the desk. Well, guess he shoved it in a drawer. " Yeah, I just thought something happened earlier. Must have just been a bad memory from the Dark Place. You know, daymares," he said.

giphy.gif

" I just need to focus on the present and everything will be fine. Let's get going, we can take the jeep," he said.

@Atomyk

tumblr_inline_nx407x3B841qfch49_500.gif

" There has to be a way to enter the other's illusions. I don't think the other me could have killed Peter if there wasn't. Wait, maybe it is simple. "

Scott went over to the nearest body that was asleep. It just happened to be Stiles. " I like to test a theory. Place your hand on my friend, maybe we can jump into his illusion. We could also test this on one of your friends."

@york @ Ruby's friend or Stiles?
Ruby Rose
@LuckycoolHawk9 @Hospes

Ruby thought about this for a moment, frowning a little, before looking towards Weiss's unconscious form... Before she did anything else, she realized she would have to save her teammate.

r7JcQ62.gif

"I have to save my teammate... We'll come back for your friend later... Okay?" She said.

Though she did look a little conflicted, Ruby approached Weiss, and put her hand on her friend, waiting for Stiles to do the same... It was apparent that she wanted to get her teammate out of her jam before she began helping any others... After all, she'd be able to work better with someone familiar helping her.

Perhaps Zwei would join her too? Though she wasn't so sure if the dog would wake up quick enough for this sort of thing.​

Makoto found the sudden frankness of his classmates to be rather disconcerting. Both the conversation about them being lovers and the following questions about whether they wanted to stay within this illusion felt grotesque in this context. He looked to Kyoko, a weary look set into his gaze. "I guess it was obvious... but, I don't think it matters. It's been a long day, and..."

"It's quite clear what you're thinking."

toga007.png

"Huh...?"

Byakuya crossed his arms, fixing Makoto a no-nonsense look. "Even an illusion knows how Makoto Naegi thinks. To think you would consider staying here with us for very long is foolish, but let's put it this way: does the world out there really need you? Would it shrivel and die were you to indulge in yourself for once? Not every story needs its protagonist in the final act."

Real or not, Byakuya's words made Makoto think in a manner he hadn't quite considered before. Or, perhaps he had on some level, considering this was apparently his subconscious. Makoto had placed so many burdens upon his own shoulders throughout his life, he had never really considered such actions were ultimately futile. That was the optimistic part of him, always looking for the bright side of any situation. However, what bright side was there to all this?

vVImewz.png

"It's not so simple as that, and you know it. Kyoko and I, we can't just give up on our friends."

Toko let out a disgusted noise, a cross between a snort and a growl.

VrkaSD3.png

"He's saying w-we're not his friends... Of course he would say that. Who w-would want to be friends with a disgusting p-pig like me?"

Shaking his head, Makoto quickly said, "No! It isn't like that..."

It was so weird to think of these fake constructions of his friends as... well, his friends. He shouldn't have felt bad about hurting any of their feelings, but something in him naturally felt inclined to assure them that he was indeed their friends. They acted so much like the people he knew, enough to make anyone forget they were simply made as part of an illusion.

8sw7DgT.png

"Yeah, it isn't like that because you wouldn't be abandoning them~!" said Mukuro in her best impression of Junko's cheerful disposition. She smiled and giggled at the confused look Makoto shot her.

p7mg1Oh.png

"You would be believing in them. Passing on the torch in the hope that they have the strength to carry on without you. No, not even hope-- belief. Your friends are strong, stronger than you could even imagine. They can carry on without you. If you made the choice to stay, you wouldn't be abandoning anyone. You would just be allowing yourself to rest for once."

A tiny gasp escaped Makoto's lips, and he couldn't say the words he wanted to say. I want to leave. He was affixed in place, forced to consider this argument tumbling around inside his head. Even as Makoto knew it was just a concentrated effort to keep both himself and Kyoko here, it made him pause longer than he normally would have felt acceptable. The sight of his friends, all alive, made Makoto's heart pound painfully in his chest.

"K-Kyoko... they're all here, all alive..."

h6ZkYUN.png

"That's right, Makoto." Sayaka smiled brightly, reminding Makoto of the girl he knew in middle school. "I promise that every day here will be an amazing one. We can have our school memories back, we just have to live them once again. It's a fresh start for all of us. I know you want this, deep down... I can read minds, remember?"

Makoto couldn't help it. He shuddered deeply, wracked with a fit of sobbing that overtook his body. Tears rolled down his cheeks. He wanted to be angry and to yell and to take Kyoko's hand to leave this illusion, but all Makoto could feel was an overwhelming sadness, his body shutting down in response.

"I c-can't..." It took all of Makoto's efforts just to turn to Kyoko and look at her through tearful eyes.

@Verite

• Love
Reactions: Jeremi
"Hmm..." Victoria considered this for a moment, her eyes wandering around the room. She seemed to examine something Stiles couldn't see, or perhaps she was just thinking intently. "I can get behind that. The, like... thinking in the present thing. So much easier. The Dark Place may as well just have been a nightmare. Didn't happen."

Victoria gave Stiles a playful tug toward the door. "Anyway, I'm ready to go. You?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

The first thing Ruby and Scott would be greeted by as they entered Weiss's illusion was a cool, refreshing breeze, accompanied by the sound of tree branches gently rustling in the wind. A few stray leaves could be see floating down through the sky, and students could be seen walking about, chatting about things that, with their current situation? Would likely seem rather trivial and unimportant. Grades, other teams, the Vytal festival. Well, it was definitely Beacon campus, that much was for sure. Chatter carried through the air from a few directions, but only one direction produced the familiar voices of Ruby's teammates.

If they were to head in this direction, they'd stumble upon the group, still conversing.

Completely oblivious to the presence of the two intruders of sorts, Weiss seemed to finally have ceased chewing out the fake Ruby. Instead, she had her attention caught by her friends again. "So... What should we do, now?" That was a good question. There was that little 'competition' they'd been in the midst of, but at this point, that was long forgotten. Unsurprisingly, it was Yang that piped up, first. "Well, we could always go Weiss skating," she offered with a smile, earning a deadpan from Weiss and a less than pleased look from Winter, who simply shook her head in disappointment. "Aw, lighten up! We've still got plenty of time before the day's over."

"Which we could be spending looking for-..." Blake stopped herself mid-sentence, golden eyes landing on Winter. Right... She didn't need to know about their encounters with the White Fang, and especially didn't need to know that they were actively seeking them out. Even with Torchwick out of the way, it wasn't like everything was going to be perfect. In any case, Weiss was quick to make a save. "-Anything we may have missed in our latest reading? I'm certain we've nothing to worry about," she concluded with a tone of confidence. An awkward silence followed.

This was... lovely.

@york @LuckycoolHawk9

Train and Artyom would be greeted with a rather peaceful setting awaiting them.

There they would see Cheza and Toboe, their backs to the new comers, standing before three men.
wolfr_a.jpg

The black haired one, Kiba stood between them, keeping a protective stance as he blocked mostly Cheza. The man in leather, Tsume blocked mostly Toboe.

9b6258678a681b62968510aa03860491.jpg

"Why are you here?" the first growled, showing his true appearance suddenly, a white wolf now standing before the two.

Cheza seemed slightly surprised to see them. While Toboe was surprised as well, he frowned.

This was their pack, together again. Whole again. He could feel a tingling sensation in the back of his mind, yet he didn't know why.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Mason Moretti
Artyom only shrugged when Train asked about Cheza and Mason. What was he supposed to say, he wasn't to sure himself what the relationship between Cheza and Mason, nor did he really care, what was Cheza and Mason's business was their business, nobody else's.

When they came across Cheza and Toboe, Artyom was relived that maybe they could get the pair out of the illusion, that was until Kiba and the others butted in, Artyom reached for his revolver, and this time, he felt it on his side, he pulled it out of it's holster and pulled the hammer back on the gun.

"We are not going to harm you...we were sent by a friend of Cheza's to.........um......" Artyom paused, a little confused on the best way to explain this, Artyom glanced over at Train, hoping he might explain this whole situation better.

Working carefully to not reveal my aura to the wolves, real or illusion, I whisper to Artyom and Train. They look like they might need some help.

"These are wolves, don't be fooled," I say to them, "They may seem human, but there's a fine line between the two. They're hunters. They should be treated as such. Train, treat them like your... Seekers, is it? No, no... sweepers. Treat them like sweepers.

"They're friends, especially the orange-haired one, but they need care, wariness, and respect."
@Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Takumi @Mason Moretti #Miss Blue Text #Cheza&Toboe
By the time they had entered into the new illusion, Train had all but forgotten about the question he asked Arty. He looked around curiously, even when one of the individuals before them would transform into a wolf. He didn't flinch, but tensed and did keep his guard up. He was more than prepared to go for his gun if these creatures were to attack him.

tumblr_inline_nl0lceOxbc1r3leyb.png

However, when the voice guiding them would suggest these wolves were friends, Train felt himself relax a little. "Well, we're just here to visit with Cheza and Toboe. You see, they're friends of ours," Train would reply, not feeling the need to reveal their objective until he had more information on their situation.

@Takumi @Nater Taters @Mason Moretti

Kiba's first reaction at seeing Artyom reach for his gun was to curl his lip back and snarl while baring his fangs.

Though at Train's words he stopped and watched the two warily, as if trying to determine if what they were saying was really true.

"Is that so? Leave it to the kid to befriend humans like these..." the man in leather grumbled as he watched the two closely.

"You haven't forgotten us have you?" it was Hige who asked this, the collar wearing young man turning his attention to Toboe.

"What? No, we'd never forget you guys..." the youngest of them replied, both shocked and hurt that such a thing was suggested.

"If that's the case then why are they here? After what happened back home you were gone for so long and we waited for you. We're finally together, all of us, here in this place. This Paradise...." Hige said, sounding almost sad.

"Cheza says this isn't Paradise. At least not the real one..." Toboe muttered.

"So what? It's close enough, it's peaceful here and we can be a whole family again. And your new friends can be in Paradise too." Hige retorted; though Tsume lightly scoffed beside him.

Cheza turned to Train and Artyom.

"Paradise was what they were looking for long before Toboe and this one joined the UN...we had been sperated at the time..." she explained as she smiled sadly.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Mason Moretti @sorry not sorry if it sucks

Makoto found the sudden frankness of his classmates to be rather disconcerting. Both the conversation about them being lovers and the following questions about whether they wanted to stay within this illusion felt grotesque in this context. He looked to Kyoko, a weary look set into his gaze. "I guess it was obvious... but, I don't think it matters. It's been a long day, and..."

"It's quite clear what you're thinking."

toga007.png

"Huh...?"

Byakuya crossed his arms, fixing Makoto a no-nonsense look. "Even an illusion knows how Makoto Naegi thinks. To think you would consider staying here with us for very long is foolish, but let's put it this way: does the world out there really need you? Would it shrivel and die were you to indulge in yourself for once? Not every story needs its protagonist in the final act."

Real or not, Byakuya's words made Makoto think in a manner he hadn't quite considered before. Or, perhaps he had on some level, considering this was apparently his subconscious. Makoto had placed so many burdens upon his own shoulders throughout his life, he had never really considered such actions were ultimately futile. That was the optimistic part of him, always looking for the bright side of any situation. However, what bright side was there to all this?

vVImewz.png

"It's not so simple as that, and you know it. Kyoko and I, we can't just give up on our friends."

Toko let out a disgusted noise, a cross between a snort and a growl.

VrkaSD3.png

"He's saying w-we're not his friends... Of course he would say that. Who w-would want to be friends with a disgusting p-pig like me?"

Shaking his head, Makoto quickly said, "No! It isn't like that..."

It was so weird to think of these fake constructions of his friends as... well, his friends. He shouldn't have felt bad about hurting any of their feelings, but something in him naturally felt inclined to assure them that he was indeed their friends. They acted so much like the people he knew, enough to make anyone forget they were simply made as part of an illusion.

8sw7DgT.png

"Yeah, it isn't like that because you wouldn't be abandoning them~!" said Mukuro in her best impression of Junko's cheerful disposition. She smiled and giggled at the confused look Makoto shot her.

p7mg1Oh.png

"You would be believing in them. Passing on the torch in the hope that they have the strength to carry on without you. No, not even hope-- belief. Your friends are strong, stronger than you could even imagine. They can carry on without you. If you made the choice to stay, you wouldn't be abandoning anyone. You would just be allowing yourself to rest for once."

A tiny gasp escaped Makoto's lips, and he couldn't say the words he wanted to say. I want to leave. He was affixed in place, forced to consider this argument tumbling around inside his head. Even as Makoto knew it was just a concentrated effort to keep both himself and Kyoko here, it made him pause longer than he normally would have felt acceptable. The sight of his friends, all alive, made Makoto's heart pound painfully in his chest.

"K-Kyoko... they're all here, all alive..."

h6ZkYUN.png

"That's right, Makoto." Sayaka smiled brightly, reminding Makoto of the girl he knew in middle school. "I promise that every day here will be an amazing one. We can have our school memories back, we just have to live them once again. It's a fresh start for all of us. I know you want this, deep down... I can read minds, remember?"

Makoto couldn't help it. He shuddered deeply, wracked with a fit of sobbing that overtook his body. Tears rolled down his cheeks. He wanted to be angry and to yell and to take Kyoko's hand to leave this illusion, but all Makoto could feel was an overwhelming sadness, his body shutting down in response.

"I c-can't..." It took all of Makoto's efforts just to turn to Kyoko and look at her through tearful eyes.

@Verite
kiri008.png

"..."

Kyoko wouldn't be of much help to Makoto, as she looked to be in rather pensive thought. Her brow was furrowed deeply, as though she were thinking about the situation and going about it in many ways, though one would have to ask what there was to even think about. It was obvious just what the scenario they were in was, so it should have been a simple "stay" or "leave" choice. It should have been an easy choice. And if they knew this was an illusion, any other person would have been able to easily leave behind the lies in order to return to the truthful world, right?

Wrong.

After all, a lie is oftentimes more pleasant than the truth.

celes070.png

"You always did have a bad poker face, Kyoko," Celeste said with some amusement, the Ultimate Gambler commenting on her expression, "You act like this is such a difficult situation, but I can read through you. You seem to forget where you are, after all. You are fighting so hard to find a reason to live, but even with that logical mind of yours, you cannot deny the desire that your face conceals."

"And what your face conceals is that, like everyone else in the world, you have needs and wants. But tell us something..."

fuji006.png

"Do the people who you believe are waiting for you need and want you? Makoto, Kyoko... You've both fought so hard, suffered so much, and the only result you yield in trying to protect all that you can is the imminent downfall of them all. Your struggles were in vain, and if you keep going the way you are..."

"You might just end up falling into the deepest despair imaginable. A hole of despair so deep that no one would be able to pull you out of it."

tumblr_inline_n62ydtFsOk1r2h8qj.png

"So c'mon already. You expect us to believe that after everything those people put you through, those people who lie to you and only pretend to care about you, that it's all worth it?" Leon asked seriously as well, putting a finger to his lips, "If you go back, all you'll face is suffering. We can foresee it a mile away. Beyond despair. Betrayal. Death. Loss. If you go back there... Nothing good will be waiting for you."

The entire class practically seemed to circle around Makoto and Kyoko now, surrounding the two of them as they were pushed against each other's backs.

hina011.png

"But here, everything'll be exactly as you want it. We can be with each other forever, as originally planned. Remember the agreement we made when we boarded this place up? That we'd have to be prepared to spend the rest of our lives here? Our time was cut off so abruptly, but... If you choose to stay, you can live out this new, peaceful life, free of hardship, and full of the rest that you two deserve," Asahina said gently, before the tanned girl would extend her arm out to Kyoko.

"It's time you... let yourself be happy for once."

kiri015.png

"..."

Kyoko could only stare at Asahina's outstretched, beckoning arm for a silent moment. The arm that tempted her to join them all, and live this lie for all eternity, even if it was a happy lie, beyond Kyoko's dreams. She couldn't deny it in her heart. Every now and then, she'd stare blankly into space, whether in the middle of the day or when she ought to be sleeping, and just... try to remember. Those lost years she'd spent with the people who were her closest friends, and yet, she never even got the chance to recall being friends with them before... the first Killing Game happened.

She extended her arm slowly, as if to take a hold of Asahina's hand, as her mind continued to race, her heart pounding so hard that it threatened to burst out her chest.

Indeed, it was as they said. If only she'd stay, and Lord knows there were many times she could have stayed, then she'd be able to make new memories with the class that she was knew as her closest, unknowing friends. Happy memories. Memories free of strife, sadness, conflict, and war. Just the happiness of being a normal young woman.

But even so...

kiri016.png

"I'm... sorry."

Her arm dropped, failing to connect with Asahina's.

Even so... A missing memory was a missing memory. There was nothing to do about it. So all she could do now was move forward, and don't look back. That's what she firmly believed, not just as a detective, as an intellectual being, but also, as a person, as a human being. She couldn't dwell on the past. She had to look to the future, always.

She knew she had to return. To this real world full of pain, misery, suffering. Because it was just that. Real. The pain she went through was a constant reminder that she was alive, and so long as she was alive, she knew she had to continue fighting. After all, to fall into despair now would undermine everything she had worked to accomplish, and everyone who had sacrificed themselves to help her get to where she was now.

It was this hope that one day, a day would come where she could achieve in the real world what was being offered to her for free in this fake world.

ishi002.png

"But... W-Why?" Ishimaru questioned, tears flowing from his face, the rejection seeming to hit him surprisingly hard, "You could have had everything you ever wanted... Why won't you just stay?"

Kyoko remained silent for a moment, letting out a deep breath, before turning around, and repeating what she had just said before to Asahina.

"... I'm sorry. I can't."

She couldn't bear to say more, or even look at them.

@Atomyk

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Ruby thought about this for a moment, frowning a little, before looking towards Weiss's unconscious form... Before she did anything else, she realized she would have to save her teammate.

r7JcQ62.gif

"I have to save my teammate... We'll come back for your friend later... Okay?" She said.

Though she did look a little conflicted, Ruby approached Weiss, and put her hand on her friend, waiting for Stiles to do the same... It was apparent that she wanted to get her teammate out of her jam before she began helping any others... After all, she'd be able to work better with someone familiar helping her.

Perhaps Zwei would join her too? Though she wasn't so sure if the dog would wake up quick enough for this sort of thing

Scott noticed that she was looking over to her friend's unconscious form and he was sure that she deserved to be saved just as much as Stiles. He wasn't going to abandon anyone in their time of need.

tumblr_inline_nmhrd5WAw61t0whp3_500.gif

Scott wasn't exactly excited to leave Stiles, but splitting up seemed like a bad idea to him.

Scott walked over to the body of Ruby's friend and looked at her. He knew that they needed a plan, but he also knew that they had no clue what they are dealing with. " Before we go in, I have a feeling that we need to remember something. Nobody in these illusions are real, they are just the mist trying to trick us. Don't forget it."

He wondered if the dog was going to join them and what it could do to help. It seemed that he was close to all of them there.

@york @Hospes

"Hmm..." Victoria considered this for a moment, her eyes wandering around the room. She seemed to examine something Stiles couldn't see, or perhaps she was just thinking intently. "I can get behind that. The, like... thinking in the present thing. So much easier. The Dark Place may as well just have been a nightmare. Didn't happen."
Victoria gave Stiles a playful tug toward the door. "Anyway, I'm ready to go. You?
Stiles wondered what she was looking at. Was she remembering something that had happened in the dark place before they came back to Beacon Hills? Or was it just an intense thought process that she was currently having. " I think that it the best thing that we can do for now. Maybe one day we won't be stuck with the images, but better to leave it in the past."

Stiles smiled as she gave him the playful tug toward the door. " I'm ready to go to the hill."

@Atomyk

Scott noticed that she was looking over to her friend's unconscious form and he was sure that she deserved to be saved just as much as Stiles. He wasn't going to abandon anyone in their time of need.

tumblr_inline_nmhrd5WAw61t0whp3_500.gif

Scott wasn't exactly excited to leave Stiles, but splitting up seemed like a bad idea to him.

Scott walked over to the body of Ruby's friend and looked at her. He knew that they needed a plan, but he also knew that they had no clue what they are dealing with. " Before we go in, I have a feeling that we need to remember something. Nobody in these illusions are real, they are just the mist trying to trick us. Don't forget it."

He wondered if the dog was going to join them and what it could do to help. It seemed that he was close to all of them there.

@york @Hospes
Ruby Rose
@Hospes @LuckycoolHawk9

Ruby nodded... She had long since steeled herself from the mist's temptations, and this would mark her third experience with it. However, this time, the mist wasn't going to trick her so easily. Since this is Weiss's illusion, she crossed her fingers and hoped that she wouldn't have to see anything too extreme in there. After all, the mist had only resorted to that when she had overcome the initial illusion it had cast before her...

"Don't worry... I know the tricks now!"
She said, trying to maintain as much confidence as she could in this situation.

Even if Ruby couldn't help but be a little worried about the whole thing, she was determined not to let that stop her from rescuing her friend.

vwFOAAL.gif

She smiled, looking up from Zwei, and Weiss, up towards Scott, silently nodding a little, as if to signify she was good to go.

Then, she closed her eyes, keeping her hand on Weiss as she attempted to enter her teammate's illusion.

Zwei

It could be noted that Zwei let out a muffled yip, with his mouth still closed... But one might notice him wiggling around a little in Weiss's grip. Though it was hard to tell since he was currently asleep, it was possible that Zwei might be joining Scott and Ruby in Weiss's illusion as well.

BcEuj7V.png

Victoria smiled and followed along, stepping outside the door with Stiles into an overwhelming light. She put up a hand to shield her eyes from the light, waiting a moment as the world around them materialized. There was no need to drive to the hill, for it was already appearing around them. Victoria looked to Stiles with a need.

"Isn't this nice?"

@LuckycoolHawk9

"We're so sorry... w-we..."

h1R2KXT.png

Makoto reached out, taking Kyoko's hand. With his other hand, he wiped at his tearful eyes. Nodding to Kyoko, Makoto turned and walked briskly out of the cafeteria. He didn't dare look back, even as his friends cried out to him, for looking back once carried with it the possibility of Makoto changing his mind.​

Last edited:
Continued from here.

latest

The familiar, dim lights of the Coalition Holding Cells would perhaps be one of the first things the group would notice upon escaping the illusions conjured by the dying mist of Silent Earth, or rather, the illusion of it. It would take a while to recover from illusions spurred on by another illusion, but when you would all retain your senses, you would all find yourself in yet another peculiar spot, right out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The fire being that, of course, everyone was trapped in the cells, as expected, blocked off by energy barriers.

Some might get a sense of deja vu, as it only seemed like just an hour or two earlier that everyone had been trapped in holding cells for what they'd believed was an Umbrella Facility on Silent Earth. Unfortunately, the group would find that not everyone made it through their illusions. Nemo, Astaroth, Qrow, Bradley, and Jak were all in various states between a coma and death.

Groaning, Kyoko would rub her head as she'd awaken, before gingerly getting back to her feet. However, she wouldn't even give herself a moment, not hesitating to observe her surroundings, scowling at her predicament.

kiri030.png

"Tch... So then, it seems that the threat of Umbrella wasn't an illusion then. Is everyone okay?"

Waking next to Kyoko, Makoto said little as he slowly got up to his feet. It was curious sight, to see the familiar holding cells renovated to look like the cells from the Umbrella facility illusion.

GbsywnJ.png

"So, we've been compromised..."

"Absolutely wonderful," Ritsuko replied in a somewhat acerbic manner in just the next holding cell over.

Meanwhile, Shiki was still out cold. There went the most convenient way out of the cells, at least for the time being.

htGIV6F.png

Letting out a loud groan, Kieran stood to his feet. He held his hands out in front of him, flexing his fingers in annoyance. "Telling me I couldn't even have a real axe...?"

"That they went through the trouble of putting us under..." Shepard began to say, rubbing at her forehead. Her gaze went up toward the ceiling as she examined their cell. "Means we can escape. Shiki's out, anyone else have some idea?"

izsst35.png

"Maybe if we pray hard enough, a dashing white knight in shining armor will come to help us in our time of need," Uhura sighed with a bitterly sarcastic edge.

ZZZT.

Lo and behold, speak of the devil, before anyone would be able to say anymore, the energy barriers would abruptly cut out and disappear, as though someone had entered the holding areas and deliberately deactivated the barriers, exposing everyone to the hall outside and freeing them.

And who other than the grand savior of the Coalition members than...

tumblr_mk1tzja5241qlcboco3_250.gif

"First of all before anyone says anything. Fuck you. And second of all when my trial does start, this better be on the record. Just sayin'."

"..."

iLrvHLY.png

Ocelot could only furrow his brow as Handsome Jack stood before everyone, the unlikely savior of everyone. It would seem that the man believed by freeing everyone, his sentence would be retroactively lightened for his good deeds. It was easy to assume that from someone as self-serving as Jack, but one didn't even need to know him as well as Ocelot did to think about that.

After standing to his feet and gingerly stepping out, looking around to see if this was some odd prank being pulled, it seemed that Jack's intentions were rather straight. It could easily be assumed that Jack had eventually been freed by Umbrella, as they believed he'd work with them as freely as Hisoka would have, wherever that jester even was, but he had ulterior motives.

... Unfortunately, it didn't pay off for Jack.

Pursing his lips, Ocelot would give a thoughtful nod at Jack's words, moving closer to their unlikely savior, as his cell was the one directly in front of Jack.

"Thanks. You did good. Perhaps... We can work something out later," he spoke.

WHAM!

Of course, that was just a white lie, at least from Ocelot, as immediately after talking, he would throw a powerful right hook right into Jack's face, knocking him into the ground and seemingly rendering him unconscious instantly. After that, the young soldier would rub his fist, looking down at the unconscious man.

"... But not today. Hopefully, you understand."

S0rkA0q.jpg

"... I don't know whether to think of that man as extremely naive or Ocelot as extremely foolish," Carissa commented idly, before also standing up and leaving her cell, clearing her throat, "Come now, everyone. We mustn't waste any time while Umbrella presumably believes that we are still trapped. Time is of the essence."

"Then I suggest we split up in the same manner as before," Shepard said quickly, taking a place at the head of the group. "A group with Kyoko should make their way to the Medical Bay and see if the other members of the Coalition are still there. In their efforts to take over the base, Umbrella would have had no time to move those already here. Chances are, that's why we were put into cells."

"And where will Makoto's group be going?" Morrigan asked, eyebrow raised.

"The Security Station. We'll see about getting the group equipped for the fight ahead. From there, we'll be meeting back up at the Lounge. If that is compromised, the Gateway Rooms. An assault on the Command Center will proceed once we're together again."

Makoto let out a sigh. He didn't exactly want to split up from Kyoko after their time in the illusion, but it was for the best. They needed to split up, and there was still tension between the two ideologies...

"Then let's get going, everyone."

Continued here.

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Krieg @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb

Last edited:
Continued from here.

latest

The familiar, dim lights of the Coalition Holding Cells would perhaps be one of the first things the group would notice upon escaping the illusions conjured by the dying mist of Silent Earth, or rather, the illusion of it. It would take a while to recover from illusions spurred on by another illusion, but when you would all retain your senses, you would all find yourself in yet another peculiar spot, right out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The fire being that, of course, everyone was trapped in the cells, as expected, blocked off by energy barriers.

Some might get a sense of deja vu, as it only seemed like just an hour or two earlier that everyone had been trapped in holding cells for what they'd believed was an Umbrella Facility on Silent Earth. Unfortunately, the group would find that not everyone made it through their illusions. Nemo, Astaroth, Qrow, Bradley, and Jak were all in various states between a coma and death.

Groaning, Kyoko would rub her head as she'd awaken, before gingerly getting back to her feet. However, she wouldn't even give herself a moment, not hesitating to observe her surroundings, scowling at her predicament.

kiri030.png

"Tch... So then, it seems that the threat of Umbrella wasn't an illusion then. Is everyone okay?"

Waking next to Kyoko, Makoto said little as he slowly got up to his feet. It was curious sight, to see the familiar holding cells renovated to look like the cells from the Umbrella facility illusion.

GbsywnJ.png

"Absolutely wonderful," Ritsuko replied in a somewhat acerbic manner in just the next holding cell over.

Meanwhile, Shiki was still out cold. There went the most convenient way out of the cells, at least for the time being.

htGIV6F.png

Letting out a loud groan, Kieran stood to his feet. He held his hands out in front of him, flexing his fingers in annoyance. "Telling me I couldn't even have a real axe...?"

"That they went through the trouble of putting us under..." Shepard began to say, rubbing at her forehead. Her gaze went up toward the ceiling as she examined their cell. "Means we can escape. Shiki's out, anyone else have some idea?"

izsst35.png

"Maybe if we pray hard enough, a dashing white knight in shining armor will come to help us in our time of need," Uhura sighed with a bitterly sarcastic edge.

ZZZT.

Lo and behold, speak of the devil, before anyone would be able to say any more, the energy barriers would abruptly cut out and disappear, as though someone had entered the holding areas and deliberately deactivated the barriers, exposing everyone to the hall outside and freeing them.

"First of all before anyone says anything. Fuck you. And second of all when my trial do start this better be on the record. Just sayin'."

"..."

iLrvHLY.png

Ocelot could only furrow his brow as Handsome Jack stood before everyone, the unlikely savior of everyone. It would seem that the man believed by freeing everyone, his sentence would be retroactively lightened for his good deeds. It was easy to assume that from someone as self-serving as Jack, but one didn't even need to know him as well as Ocelot did to think about that.

After standing to his feet and gingerly stepping out, looking around to see if this was some odd prank being pulled, it seemed that Jack's intentions were rather straight. It could easily be assumed that Jack had eventually been freed by Umbrella, as they believed he'd work with them as freely as Hisoka would have, wherever that jester even was, but he had ulterior motives.

Pursing his lips, Ocelot would give a thoughtful nod at Jack's words, moving closer to their unlikely savior, as his cell was the one directly in front of Jack.

WHAM!

Of course, that was just a white lie, at least from Ocelot, as immediately after talking, he would throw a powerful right hook right into Jack's face, knocking him into the ground and seemingly rendering him unconscious instantly. After that, the young soldier would rub his fist, looking down at the unconscious man.

S0rkA0q.jpg

"... I don't know whether to think of that man as extremely foolish or Ocelot as extremely foolish," Carissa commented idly, before also standing up and leaving her cell, clearing her throat, "Come now, everyone. We mustn't waste any time while Umbrella presumably believes that we are still trapped. Time is of the essence."

"Then I suggest we split up in the same manner as before," Shepard said quickly, taking a place at the head of the group. "A group with Kyoko should make their way to the Medical Bay and see if the other members of the Coalition are still there. In their efforts to take over the base, Umbrella would have had no time to move those already here. Chances are, that's why we were put into cells."

"The Security Station. We'll see about getting the group equipped for the fight ahead. From there, we'll be meeting back up at the Lounge. If that is compromised, the Gateway Rooms. An assault on the Command Center will proceed once we're together again."

Makoto let out a sigh. He didn't exactly want to split up from Kyoko after their time in the illusion, but it was for the best. They needed to split up, and there was still tension between the two ideologies...

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater @Jeremi @Crimson Spartan @Krieg @Ringmaster @Crow @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb
We're back here, huh? Zidane looked around and saw the familiar walls. He also saw some of the other members nearby, which means... they really came back after breaking through the illusions. There was still the issue with Umbrella, but right now, ZIdane can't focus on that objective, because right now...

tumblr_inline_mry858ZLOw1rk0sf0.jpg

"I'm sorry... forgive me...." Bibi repeated and repeated, hyperventilating.

Zidane needed to care for Bibi first, so Zidane carried Bibi and rushed over to the Medical Bay. He slided by some of the other members' bodies because Zidane wanted to hurry.

Are black mages always this light?

@MEDICAL BAY​

Continued from here.

latest

kiri030.png

GbsywnJ.png

htGIV6F.png

izsst35.png

ZZZT.

Lo and behold, speak of the devil, before anyone would be able to say any more, the energy barriers would abruptly cut out and disappear, as though someone had entered the holding areas and deliberately deactivated the barriers, exposing everyone to the hall outside and freeing them.

"First of all before anyone says anything. Fuck you. And second of all when my trial do start this better be on the record. Just sayin'."

"..."

iLrvHLY.png

WHAM!

S0rkA0q.jpg

"... I don't know whether to think of that man as extremely foolish or Ocelot as extremely foolish," Carissa commented idly, before also standing up and leaving her cell, clearing her throat, "Come now, everyone. We mustn't waste any time while Umbrella presumably believes that we are still trapped. Time is of the essence."

095.png

"Hmm... I'll go with the group that heads to the Medical Bay. The people there will need help protecting themselves, and I don't need any gear, so it's best if I put my strength to use helping them."

With that, the ex-bartender began to walk away, following after Zidane and Bibi.

Status
Not open for further replies.