• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Carissa grit her teeth, conflicted by Ocelot's words, before complying and walking over to Makoto's side, looking at Morrigan. "I'm... sorry, Morrigan, but that power is too dangerous to even risk letting free. You saw what it did to the headquarters..."

Looking at the rest of those who had yet to choose, Ritsuko cleared her throat.

"Well? What about the rest of you? Whose side are you on then?"

There was no third party to form. No neutrality to declare. The intense glares of others waited eagerly for sides to be chosen in order for progress to be made.​
zv8p3t4.png

"You even have to ask?" Qrow remarked, tone more dry than the Sahara in the midst of summer as he sauntered up to Kieran's side. "You don't have to be sober to see just how much a mistake it would be to imprison a child like that. Hell, think about it. If she ends up contained and ever actually harnesses this power you're all so afraid of, at will? Would she look so kindly upon those who treated her like a lab rat, stuck in whatever hole you would put her in? Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy. That ain't no life for anyone, let alone a kid. All your intelligent minds and you fail to realize there's a better way."

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Krieg @Crow
@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb

zv8p3t4.png

"You even have to ask?" Qrow remarked, tone more dry than the Sahara in the midst of summer as he sauntered up to Kieran's side. "You don't have to be sober to see just how much a mistake it would be to imprison a child like that. Hell, think about it. If she ends up contained and ever actually harnesses this power you're all so afraid of, at will? Would she look so kindly upon those who treated her like a lab rat, stuck in whatever hole you would put her in? Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy. That ain't no life for anyone, let alone a kid. All your intelligent minds and you fail to realize there's a better way."

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Krieg @Crow
@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb
041.png

"Huh... Nice points there, old man... Sorry, Qrow."

Whichever name Shizuo referred to the man with was filled with respect. No matter what others thought of Qrow and his less than stellar habits, the ex-bartender would be glad to serve him a drink on the house. Then again, that went for anyone who was joining Kieran and Kyoko's side as long as they were of age.

It was nice to know some of the people around him shared the same views as him. Everyday, it seemed like there were more and more people who thought like he did, and everyday, he felt a little less like a freak because of it.

"Got a feeling your niece is gonna join us as well... Maybe she can get her friend to come along for the ride?"

• Thank You
Reactions: C.T.
WBJfeMo.webp

"Exposition, exposition, the same argument all over," Kido shrugs, "I know it was inevitable, but this is some really bad timing."

"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? The answer is quite simply... one party has to surrender. And I won't ever surrender."

WBJfeMo.webp

"Both cannot exist in the same universe. That means there can only be one! Nihi~"

glXTgGe.webp

"We're all from different universes, brother."

kiri022.png

"She is under our protection. And it will remain that way for as long as we deem it necessary."

Hardly fazed by Kyoko's bravado, Ritsuko would clash with the Ultimate Detective, looking down at her like a child.

"So confident in your power... But a lot of things have changed since you've been gone, Miss Kirigiri. I'm afraid that if we can't reach a compromise that yields a satisfactory result... then we cannot continue to cooperate together."

"And just what might you be suggesting?"

"I think you can figure that one out, detective. Or should your friend Naegi spell it out to you? You seem to understand words better when he says them, after all. One could almost think..."

Makoto looked helplessly between the two women, realizing he had to say something to quell the growing tension. Now that the danger had passed, it seemed everyone was reverting back to their earlier tension.

aXJ3Cpm.png

"K-Kyoko... I understand how you feel, but we can't make such claims. Once Ilona is saved, then we can continue this discussion."

"I think it's very clear both you and Ritsuko plan to whisk her away once this is over," Kieran said gruffly, stepping forward so that he was staring defiantly at Makoto. "There won't be a discussion, because why would you both? I don't think I should help you here."

Makoto looked back at his friend with some degree of hurt evident on his face. "... You don't want to work together? We're in the enemy stronghold. We're in danger."

"And maybe the last thing they expect is for us to split up. Makoto, I trust you enough to be safe without me, so this isn't me saying I want you to get hurt. I would just rather, that when we acquire Ilona... that you and Ritsuko not be there. Anyone who agrees with me... join the Captain-Commander's side!"

Kieran stepped away to one side of the room, waiting for those sympathetic to his values follow through. Makoto stared at him, recognizing the reality of the situation. With his shoulders set straight, he defiantly moved to stand at the other side of the room, opposite Kieran.

"So be it."

Cosmo looked at Makoto, then to Kieran. Shaking his head, Cosmo made his way to Makoto's side. "It sadden Cosmo that it comes to this. Makoto is right. Cosmo is with him."

Morrigan let out a sigh. "I don't desire to get in the middle of your petty squabbles, however..." The woman stepped toward Kieran, deciding to take his side. "There's no debate that Ilona is special. Unique magic such as hers... should not be stored away."

Without a word, Kyoko stepped from in front of Kieran to over at his side. Other members stood uncomfortably still at first, before their decisions were made. Shiki and Len also stepped to Kieran's and Kyoko's side, while Ocelot wordlessly sided with Makoto and Ritsuko. One by one, the group began to split, dividing into two groups.

Carissa furrowed her brow, crossing her arms as she'd look somewhat disapprovingly at Morrigan, her ally and fellow MEU representative. "Honestly... Are we not above this? I refuse to allow this group to separate! This is hardly the time to--"

"Strategically, I think splitting up is a more sound tactic," Ocelot would interject, "We can cover more ground while looking for Ilona, divide our forces evenly as to not become too vulnerable, and in the event that one group is captured, the other is at least still out there and able to act," he added, crossing his arms, before clearing his throat, looking at Kieran and the others that took his side somewhat judgmentally, before speaking again, "And besides... We maintain better cooperation within the group that way."

Carissa grit her teeth, conflicted by Ocelot's words, before complying and walking over to Makoto's side, looking at Morrigan. "I'm... sorry, Morrigan, but that power is too dangerous to even risk letting free. You saw what it did to the headquarters..."

There was no third party to form. No neutrality to declare. The intense glares of others waited eagerly for sides to be chosen in order for progress to be made.

Who do you choose to side with

WBJfeMo.webp

"Good arguments all around. Mmhmm. I'm a little conflicted at the moment. Overall, I'll go with boss to join Ms Kirigiri. But yeah, this is some trolley problem level thing here. I might have to change my hearr later on."

glXTgGe.webp

"I am at crossroads as well, but I suppose someone needs to look over you," Madoka rubs Kido's hair. "Let us go. Wait, what's that in your hand?"

"Purple crystal thing," Kido says as he puts a purple crystal in his inventory. "Also, do you notice that someone isn't here?"

"All the more we must move," Madoka says, "the arguing wasted some time around, and knowing us, more time will be wasted."

"So, we have a life and death situation, then a trolley problem with no option of multi-track drifting to follow, huh? This is going to be juicy."

@Verite @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @C.T. @The Tactician @Minerva @KyokoKrew

"Thank you for that, Lucifer..."

Makoto grit his teeth at Shizuo's words. He tried to keep his emotions in check, but Makoto was still feeling the sting of having both Kyoko and Kieran defy him. "What do you think Ritsuko wishes to do?" he asked Shizuo's way.

1A0Fenc.png

He didn't like that he was being forced to choose a side versus his friends. It wasn't like he even disagreed with them, but considering the position of the United Nations and who Ritsuko had backing her, this choice had been made for the Coalition. "No one went behind anyone's back. I'm sorry that Robin disagrees, but many members of his organization think otherwise. Those in authority made a decision... one we're obligated to abide by! The UN has helped us so much. We wouldn't be here without them! Besides... what Ritsuko wishes to do and what Umbrella wants to do are completely different. To equate them is little more than an insult! No one here thinks Ilona is a monster... least of all me... I just wish..."

Makoto's gaze traveled down to the floor, his eyes closing as emotion threatened to choke him up. "I trust Makoto," Leia said as she sidled up next to him with Jude in tow. The expression on his face conveyed he was just along for the ride. "He wouldn't stand here without good reason..."

"Perhaps Robin doesn't have the best grasp of his organization if he's in such a position," Morrigan said, sounding critical of Robin despite the stance she chose.

"The kidnapping was outside of our control," Makoto said, lifting his head. "It wasn't anyone's fault... we can't blame any of this on anyone but Umbrella. But still... people died... we can't ignore such a horrible event. Ilona understood that..."

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow

Scott looked over at all the others and sighed. " I am sorry, but I agree with everyone on Kieran/ Kirigyi side. Illona should be protected. Ritskuo has already proved herself to be untrustworthy," he said, walking to Kieran's side. Stiles followed suit, agreeing with his friend.

Shizuo paid the man a nod, understanding what he meant. While the bartender didn't want Ilona imprisoned for the rest of her life, they would need to bite their tongues on the issue for now. First, they needed to actually rescue Ilona. Once that was done, then Shizuo could get around to busting some skulls over this.

091.png

"I think you've got it twisted up there, officer. It wasn't our side that ran off with Ilona behind everyone's back, leaving her open to a kidnapping attempt. Ritsuk and Makoto went behind everyone, didn't let us know anything till it was too damn late, and now she's nowhere to be found. Seems pretty irresponsible to leave her care and protection to a pair of bozos who can't seem to get their damn act together, and that's leaving out the fact that the doctor herself seems pretty shifty..."

"Remember, she went behind Robin's back on this shit when we hadn't even heard of the issue or knew if she was in the right. You want to trust someone like that with Ilona's safety and protection from both Umbrella and mistreatment in a lab somewhere?"

"In all honesty, I can't bring myself to trust anyone here, considering that everyone kept Ilona's powers hidden. If I had my way, I would investigate every single person who decided to keep Ilona's powers from us, especially those in power. We had to learn about that from Hisoka. And even then Major Ocelot tried to keep it under wraps. But unfortunately, the problem here isn't who we can trust, since who really can be trusted, it's about what to do about Ilona. Sometimes for the good of others you need to cooperate with people you don't care for."

latest

"For example, the doctor, yeah, I don't trust her for one second. I'm not one for slippery people, even if part of the pack...if this group can even be considered a pack, with all the secrets and mistrust everywhere. Unfortunately, I do have to concede she has a point. I'm not saying Ilona should be under her care-over my dead body would I put anyone under her eye. Im saying this girl needs to be better supervised."
@The Tactician

The joys of fucking politics. We were seriously having a debate over Ilona's ultimate fate here now?! In a stronghold of the enemy?! The sheer idiocity of this moment made me want to slap each leader and berate them even if Ocelot made it sound that splitting into groups was extremely beneficial, to have a argument here when another trap could go off would mean the death of us!

And yet their glares were meant, they were serious about this. There was no third party either, it was only two sides with both the correct reasons yet they were also unwilling to compromise. And already some have broke from the main group to join the two sides, most making a beeline for Kirean's/Kyoko while a few stayed besides Makoto's and Cosmos's groups.

Given how much each side had made their statements and the intense vibes they were giving off, neutrality or even common sense was thrown off the table. However, I would not blindly pick a side without information.

And thus, I pointed a finger towards the boy.

"TELL ME, HOW DO YOU INTEND TO CONTAIN IlONA?

After he would respond, I moved my finger towards the girl.

"AND YOU TELL ME HOW YOU WILL DEAL WITH THE FALLOUT WHEN ANOTHER INCIDENT OCCURS?"

If either side failed to satisfy me then I would choose the other. If both failed, then I'll simply bid my time till they come up with a plan given the situation.

@Verite @Atomyk

Reactions: Takumi and Yun Lee

Makoto grit his teeth at Shizuo's words. He tried to keep his emotions in check, but Makoto was still feeling the sting of having both Kyoko and Kieran defy him. "What do you think Ritsuko wishes to do?" he asked Shizuo's way.

1A0Fenc.png

He didn't like that he was being forced to choose a side versus his friends. It wasn't like he even disagreed with them, but considering the position of the United Nations and who Ritsuko had backing her, this choice had been made for the Coalition. "No one went behind anyone's back. I'm sorry that Robin disagrees, but many members of his organization think otherwise. Those in authority made a decision... one we're obligated to abide by! The UN has helped us so much. We wouldn't be here without them! Besides... what Ritsuko wishes to do and what Umbrella wants to do are completely different. To equate them is little more than an insult! No one here thinks Ilona is a monster... least of all me... I just wish..."

Makoto's gaze traveled down to the floor, his eyes closing as emotion threatened to choke him up. "I trust Makoto," Leia said as she sidled up next to him with Jude in tow. The expression on his face conveyed he was just along for the ride. "He wouldn't stand here without good reason..."

"Perhaps Robin doesn't have the best grasp of his organization if he's in such a position," Morrigan said, sounding critical of Robin despite the stance she chose.

"The kidnapping was outside of our control," Makoto said, lifting his head. "It wasn't anyone's fault... we can't blame any of this on anyone but Umbrella. But still... people died... we can't ignore such a horrible event. Ilona understood that..."

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow
"What a load of shit."

077.png

"You went behind Kyoko, Keiran, and Robin's backs along with everyone else here! You made it seem like we'd have a say at that meeting... But you and the scientist had Ilona taken away without our knowledge, putting her in danger because no one but your people knew where the hell she was! You can't just stand there and act like you did right by us or by Ilona!"

"As for the fact that there were people in the U.N. who helped you... Then they're getting a kick in the ass when I get a hold of them! This sort of shadowy bullshit is the kind of stuff that causes the wrong side to win a fight, and I'm not letting it happen to the U.N. Even if it means I have to clean house for Robin myself... I'll do it, just so people like Ritsuko can't do shit like this again!"

It was clear Shizuo was growing angrier with each passing moment, and he was about to break away from his side of the room to approach Makoto. However, the reasonable voice of Officer Lang calmed him down for a few moments.
"In all honesty, I can't bring myself to trust anyone here, considering that everyone kept Ilona's powers hidden. If I had my way, I would investigate every single person who decided to keep Ilona's powers from us, especially those in power. We had to learn about that from Hisoka. And even then Major Ocelot tried to keep it under wraps. But unfortunately, the problem here isn't who we can trust, since who really can be trusted, it's about what to do about Ilona. Sometimes for the good of others you need to cooperate with people you don't care for."

latest

"For example, the doctor, yeah, I don't trust her for one second. I'm not one for slippery people, even if part of the pack...if this group can even be considered a pack, with all the secrets and mistrust everywhere. Unfortunately, I do have to concede she has a point. I'm not saying Ilona should be under her care-over my dead body would I put anyone under her eye. Im saying this girl needs to be better supervised."
@The Tactician
"Better supervised... but not locked up, to get tested like some sort of monster. I'm not letting anyone, especially a kid, be treated like they're less than human, and knowing how the doctor doesn't seem to have any compunction about screwing everyone else to get her way... I don't want her in the U.N. or anywhere near Ilona."

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Once everyone had been gathered at the rendezvous point, the rest of the hostages recovered along with the equipment stolen from everyone by Umbrella being returned, Kyoko would stand in front of everyone, taking an authoritative stand as she'd make her statement, intending to lead the group and keep them unified, unlike before.

Of those still knocked out, Commander Shepard was first to awake. Her eyes fluttered open and she groggily shrugged out of the grip of those that had been supporting her. She needed a moment to gather herself, but it didn't take long for the woman to listen to a quick explanation and know exactly what was up. She was a woman of action, after all.

LjzHDEI.png

"I'll help you manage here, Captain-Commander."

She gave Kieran a reassuring nod before barking out orders like the seasoned commander she was. One would find it hard to believe she'd just spent a significant time unconscious with how she herded the group. "Get into formation and put those who can't fight in the middle! Once we rush those doors, there's no telling what will hit us."

"Okay, everyone. I don't know what Umbrella has planned for us, why we were brought here, or where Ilona is, but we don't have time to stand around and think over it. Not while she might be getting tortured or having her power exploited somewhere else," the young woman said, turning around and beginning to walk, leading the group forward towards the end of the hall.

"Be ready for anything. This all... seems too easy. They have to be setting up some sort of trap somewhere to spring onto us," she would continue warily.

"Might I remind you, I couldn't get past the door that leads outside this hall, and it doesn't look like any of the guards in here had the means to open the door. It's been hermetically sealed to keep people like us from getting out," Ocelot would speak up, following her and the rest of the group, "Whatever they want us here for, maybe they wanted us to hope that we were getting out, tricking us into thinking we could get out of here with something that a guard would have had on them."

Without stopping or wavering, Kyoko replied in turn, eyes filled with determination.

"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? The answer is quite simply... one party has to surrender. And I won't ever surrender."

With that, the group would continue navigating their way through the empty hall, the effects of the mist slowly but surely wearing off as everyone would slowly manage to get their powers back, before they would be stopped by the aforementioned, unlockable door that stood in their way. Even from a quick glance, it was easy to assume that the door was a sturdy one, and even though everyone's powers had been returning slowly, no one was in a state of getting through it.

Except one person.

d8d95708306941ebab6a1756839810a7.png

Not even a knob or any buttons to open the door with.

Ritsuko would sigh, pocketing her hands as they'd all come to a stop, looking at Kyoko with some irritation. "Alright, then, leader. How do you propose we get past this ordeal? Or did you not consider the reality when making such a cool little speech?"

"I'm not a reckless person, Ms. Akagi. I'm aware of what I said, and I stand by it. After all, there's always a way past the unbeatable. If we don't have a way past this, we'll make a way. Wouldn't you agree... Tohno, was it?" Kyoko would respond, glancing over at Shiki.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

Shiki had already been in the process of removing his glasses when Kyoko would pose a question to him. The young man would give Kyoko a nod, drawing his knife, the only item of value that had been put in the Storage Room, later recovered, when everyone had been captured by Umbrella.

"Way ahead of you."

Pocketing his glasses now, his eyes, once a dull grey, were filled with a vibrant indigo. His pupils shone with an ironic light that indicated life. For his eyes were the very essence of death.

Though nothing seemed to change from everyone else's point of view, the world shifted for Shiki. Everything and everyone, from his perspective, had changed. Red, pulsating lines and dots formed all over his vision. Lines and points that, when traced or stabbed, fulfilled the "death" that they symbolized, no matter how powerful they might be on the outside. With these eyes, an artillery tank could be downed with nothing more than a writing pen, if not one's own fingers.

The indestructible door was no exception to the fate of death.

kUWGiMB.png

Without missing a beat, Shiki dashed towards the door and swung his knife at the door repeatedly. From everyone else's point of view, it looked like he was randomly scratching at the door with his knife, and one might even call him crazy for expecting something to happen if they weren't aware of his power. Yet, sure enough...

Before long, the door fell apart piece by piece, exactly by the patterns that Shiki had cut it apart with. Each piece of the door would fall to the ground with loud thuds, the entire door itself likely having been hundreds of not thousands of pounds. With a breath, the young man would take out his glasses and put them on again, shaking his head briefly, as if to shake away the lines he had seen before.

WLsWybI.png

"Well, then... We should get going. Shall we?"

"Good work," Kyoko simply said with a nod, before moving forward as suggested, Shiki and Len following her when she would move past them.

However... Even for those anticipating a trap somewhere along the line, no one would be able to anticipate what had been waiting for them in the very next room...

The room beyond was nothing special. Just a blank room with metallic grey walls that was just about big enough to fit the entire group. In fact, its size seemed so perfect, that Shepard quickly felt something was wrong. "Wait, let's leave some back, just in case--"

The woman was cut off by the booming sound of some kind of explosion. A gust of hot air blew those who lingered in the hallway forward, flinging them into the room ahead. The entrance that had been cut open by Shiki was covered by a heavy metal shutter, as if it had been expected of him to have cut through the first door.

"Shiki, can you--!" Makoto began to cry, but he was drowned out by a loud droning sound. Panels in the wall lowered to reveal that the source of the sound were a number of fans that began pumping a mist into the room. There was no time to do anything, as the lingering effects of the fog from outside ensured full exposure to this second round of mist. Not only would those with powers feel it all slip away, but even the most mundane of the group would feel their entire body beginning to shut down. One could barely hold their eyes open as...

More panels in the wall slid open to reveal what appeared to be flamethrowers. They covered every wall of the room, nozzles flickering with flame, ready to burn the group alive.

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

The heat was almost impossible to bear, and they flames had yet to even start up. It was only a matter of time now.

... If not for what could only be divine intervention, anyway. Visible streaks of bright electricity flashed from above, coursing down through the walls to shut off both the fans and the flamethrowers. They receded into the wall and the room instantly became cooler as a result.

The divine electricity wasn't done yet, for it then danced around the room, jumping through the fog to dissipate it. It seemed to reinvigorate everyone it passed, removing them of their grogginess and allowing them once again to access their powers.

Once the fog was gone, there was a great cry from a woman in the group.

ZzCwPiQ.png

Channeling lightning between her hands, one might think it was Morrigan who had saved them, but the more observant would know she had still been unconscious when the electricity had shut off the fans.

Morrigan shot the built up magic forward, slamming it into the shutter at the opposite side of the room. It collapsed and was blown backward by the blast, revealing a new hallway beyond.

The mage let out a heavy sigh before she spoke. "Whatever the source of that miraculous recovery, let's not dawdle in this death trap of a room." Shepard quickly agreed and began ushering the group into the next hallway. It wasn't until they came to what appeared to be an empty common room that they stopped once again.

"What is our purpose here?" Morrigan asked no one in particular. "To die? To suffer? I may have only just awoken, but I have to question their motives. 'Twould have been far easier to kill us when they had the chance."

"I don't really care," Kieran said with some degree of annoyance. "We just need to get Ilona and get out of here."

"There could be more trapped... not just Ilona. Other Coalition members."

"Hold on, someone mind telling me what's the plan once we save her? You still arguing what to do with her?"

"Uh... well--"

"Ritsuko's not laying a hand on her, that's for sure."

icdVaTg.gif

"This is hardly the time for that! And besides, what would you have me do, let even more people die while you deliberately let power like that go unchecked?!" Ritsuko would snap at Kieran irritably, facing his direction with an angry expression on her face.

"Do I really have to remind you all that three people died when she lost control, and we were lucky it was only three! But next time, it could be six, and then thirty, and then three hundred! That blood would be on your hands, and unless you turn away from the gravity of the situation, I doubt you would be able to handle that burden on your shoulders."

Practically sliding in between Kieran and Ritsuko, the latter of the two marching right over to his direction, Kyoko would give the older woman a fiery look, the blonde stopping in her tracks as the two of them would practically stare each other down for an uncomfortable moment, before Kyoko would speak her piece.

kiri022.png

"She is under our protection. And it will remain that way for as long as we deem it necessary."

Hardly fazed by Kyoko's bravado, Ritsuko would clash with the Ultimate Detective, looking down at her like a child.

"So confident in your power... But a lot of things have changed since you've been gone, Miss Kirigiri. I'm afraid that if we can't reach a compromise that yields a satisfactory result... then we cannot continue to cooperate together."

"I think you can figure that one out, detective. Or should your friend Naegi spell it out to you? You seem to understand words better when he says them, after all. One could almost think..."

Makoto looked helplessly between the two women, realizing he had to say something to quell the growing tension. Now that the danger had passed, it seemed everyone was reverting back to their earlier tension.

aXJ3Cpm.png

"K-Kyoko... I understand how you feel, but we can't make such claims. Once Ilona is saved, then we can continue this discussion."

"I think it's very clear both you and Ritsuko plan to whisk her away once this is over," Kieran said gruffly, stepping forward so that he was staring defiantly at Makoto. "There won't be a discussion, because why would you both? I don't think I should help you here."

Makoto looked back at his friend with some degree of hurt evident on his face. "... You don't want to work together? We're in the enemy stronghold. We're in danger."

"And maybe the last thing they expect is for us to split up. Makoto, I trust you enough to be safe without me, so this isn't me saying I want you to get hurt. I would just rather, that when we acquire Ilona... that you and Ritsuko not be there. Anyone who agrees with me... join the Captain-Commander's side!"

Kieran stepped away to one side of the room, waiting for those sympathetic to his values follow through. Makoto stared at him, recognizing the reality of the situation. With his shoulders set straight, he defiantly moved to stand at the other side of the room, opposite Kieran.

"So be it."

Cosmo looked at Makoto, then to Kieran. Shaking his head, Cosmo made his way to Makoto's side. "It sadden Cosmo that it comes to this. Makoto is right. Cosmo is with him."

Morrigan let out a sigh. "I don't desire to get in the middle of your petty squabbles, however..." The woman stepped toward Kieran, deciding to take his side. "There's no debate that Ilona is special. Unique magic such as hers... should not be stored away."

Without a word, Kyoko stepped from in front of Kieran to over at his side. Other members stood uncomfortably still at first, before their decisions were made. Shiki and Len also stepped to Kieran's and Kyoko's side, while Ocelot wordlessly sided with Makoto and Ritsuko. One by one, the group began to split, dividing into two groups.

Carissa furrowed her brow, crossing her arms as she'd look somewhat disapprovingly at Morrigan, her ally and fellow MEU representative. "Honestly... Are we not above this? I refuse to allow this group to separate! This is hardly the time to--"

"Strategically, I think splitting up is a more sound tactic," Ocelot would interject, "We can cover more ground while looking for Ilona, divide our forces evenly as to not become too vulnerable, and in the event that one group is captured, the other is at least still out there and able to act," he added, crossing his arms, before clearing his throat, looking at Kieran and the others that took his side somewhat judgmentally, before speaking again, "And besides... We maintain better cooperation within the group that way."

There was no third party to form. No neutrality to declare. The intense glares of others waited eagerly for sides to be chosen in order for progress to be made.

Who do you choose to side with?

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Wren as Bradley Martin Holland (OC)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@Archwar as Doomguy (Doom)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@dark as Jak (Jak and Daxter)
@Krieg as Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Chewy Rabbits as Nemo and Astaroth (Murder Series)
@Raven as Piper Wright (Fallout)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@C.T. as Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada (Overwatch)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@pubbbb as Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama (Mob Psycho 100)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
@Yang Lee as Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
tumblr_ochx37XnRY1v3qowuo8_100.png

"..."

Being the rather quiet person she was, Elesis stood there, unable to really make a cohesive response to this development before them. Though, there was a hint of concern in the knight's eyes, as if she was slightly bothered by this talk about Ilona.

latest

@The Tactician
tumblr_o090s9b4y61v3qowuo8_100.png

"Ah... so a supervising eye over this one girl? It couldn't hurt to have that, just for the sake of safety. Ours and hers, sounds about right... right?"
"What a load of shit."

077.png

"You went behind Kyoko, Keiran, and Robin's backs along with everyone else here! You made it seem like we'd have a say at that meeting... But you and the scientist had Ilona taken away without our knowledge, putting her in danger because no one but your people knew where the hell she was! You can't just stand there and act like you did right by us or by Ilona!"

"As for the fact that there were people in the U.N. who helped you... Then they're getting a kick in the ass when I get a hold of them! This sort of shadowy bullshit is the kind of stuff that causes the wrong side to win a fight, and I'm not letting it happen to the U.N. Even if it means I have to clean house for Robin myself... I'll do it, just so people like Ritsuko can't do shit like this again!"

It was clear Shizuo was growing angrier with each passing moment, and he was about to break away from his side of the room to approach Makoto. However, the reasonable voice of Officer Lang calmed him down for a few moments.

"Better supervised... but not locked up, to get tested like some sort of monster. I'm not letting anyone, especially a kid, be treated like they're less than human, and knowing how the doctor doesn't seem to have any compunction about screwing everyone else to get her way... I don't want her in the U.N. or anywhere near Ilona."

tumblr_o8dl0nhhoV1v3qowuo1_100.png

"It doesn't have to be Ritsuko. Like for example... I could always keep a good eye on dear Ilona, just like I keep a good eye over my good friend Elesis here~"

Looking over at Shizuo's direction, a sneaky smile appeared on Add's face, as if he was talking about doing good for the sake of Ilona and the rest of the group.

"So in a way, I can see myself working juuust fine with Makoto's side of this situation, and the same goes for Elesis~"

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Atomyk

There was another reason as well that Lucifer was holding back....As he gave Makoto a nod, he flicked his gaze over the people choosing sides.

There was a traitor among them, that was sure. And in introducing the subject via this method, making people feel isolated and dividing them? All he or she had to do was step back and watch.

Lucifer suspected it was among them as a whole. The only question...Was who. Who among them had the power to arrange events as he had described to Zatanna? Speaking of which, he moved out to seek her quietly to support her she needed, giving his friend an arm over his shoulder if she required.

At any rate, if a traitor moved in either group? Both he and Saber Alter would be in perfect positions to fight back. Ilona issues aside, he wouldn't let people be killed over something like that, no matter the disagreement.

Things seemed to be getting heated though, something Saber noted as well. So be it.

Lucifer moved to speak quietly to people on his side, going first to clamp a hand on Shizuo's shoulder under pretense of holding him in check.

"Meet me at the back of the group."

He then did the same, unobtrusively as possible to Qrow and then to Corrin- All people he had been observing and fought alongside, in order to share with others besides Zatanna his suspicions. If it came down to it, he was going to need allies.

Which meant take a chance on people.

@The Tactician @C.T. @Minerva @Atomyk

"Yeah, that's right!" Kieran said, looking quite animated now as he agreed with Shizuo. "Even if the UN is strong-arming us, it's you who spoke for all of the Coalition! Didn't I say this was going too far?"

Letting out a sigh, Makoto shook his head. "I did right by everyone. Ilona agreed to be watched... this was never against her will. Besides, do you really think Umbrella couldn't have taken her no matter where she was if they had managed to infiltrate our headquarters and whisk us all away?"

"W-Wait!" Leia raised a hand. "Weren't we already supervising Ilona? Um, I mean... I guess that didn't work, right? So that's probably why they wanted to go a step further..."

gGVQZKw.png

"I really wish there was another way, but to look at it otherwise is just being stubborn. I believe in Ilona... but I believe in Ritsuko too. Together, I'm sure they can get Ilona in control of her own abilities soon enough! As for how she'll be contained, uh..." Makoto looked to Ritsuko expectantly.

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Archwar @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies

"Yeah, that's right!" Kieran said, looking quite animated now as he agreed with Shizuo. "Even if the UN is strong-arming us, it's you who spoke for all of the Coalition! Didn't I say this was going too far?"

Letting out a sigh, Makoto shook his head. "I did right by everyone. Ilona agreed to be watched... this was never against her will. Besides, do you really think Umbrella couldn't have taken her no matter where she was if they had managed to infiltrate our headquarters and whisk us all away?"

"W-Wait!" Leia raised a hand. "Weren't we already supervising Ilona? Um, I mean... I guess that didn't work, right? So that's probably why they wanted to go a step further..."

gGVQZKw.png

"I really wish there was another way, but to look at it otherwise is just being stubborn. I believe in Ilona... but I believe in Ritsuko too. Together, I'm sure they can get Ilona in control of her own abilities soon enough! As for how she'll be contained, uh..." Makoto looked to Ritsuko expectantly.

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Archwar @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies
Artyom glared hard at Makoto, in all honesty, he could understand the kid's thinking, but the fact he sided with a completely different entity irked the ranger, the thought of betraying his brothers and sisters of The Order enraged him

You're a little suka Makoto! throwing your allies and friends under the bus in order to appease the UN is as low as you get. What the hell has The UN have ever done to earn your servitude!"

tumblr_ochx37XnRY1v3qowuo8_100.png

"..."

Being the rather quiet person she was, Elesis stood there, unable to really make a cohesive response to this development before them. Though, there was a hint of concern in the knight's eyes, as if she was slightly bothered by this talk about Ilona.

tumblr_o090s9b4y61v3qowuo8_100.png

"Ah... so a supervising eye over this one girl? It couldn't hurt to have that, just for the sake of safety. Ours and hers, sounds about right... right?"

tumblr_o8dl0nhhoV1v3qowuo1_100.png

"It doesn't have to be Ritsuko. Like for example... I could always keep a good eye on dear Ilona, just like I keep a good eye over my good friend Elesis here~"

Looking over at Shizuo's direction, a sneaky smile appeared on Add's face, as if he was talking about doing good for the sake of Ilona and the rest of the group.

"So in a way, I can see myself working juuust fine with Makoto's side of this situation, and the same goes for Elesis~"

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Atomyk
Oh, that was the worst thing Add could have possibly said in that moment. In fact, he might have finally set off the eruption of the volcano that was Shizuo's rage and it would not be joyful sight to see Add smeared across a wall courtesy of Shizuo's fist.

036.png

"LIKE HELL YOU WILL, YOU LITTLE CREEP!"

"I don't know where the hell you got that idea, but I'm going to tell you right now that it isn't happening! No matter what side wins this stupid debate, I'm gonna make sure you have nothing to do with the course we take! Either by beating your ass down or you staying away, you're not gonna have any part in Ilona's future! God knows what creepy shit you have in mind for her!"
There was another reason as well that Lucifer was holding back....As he gave Makoto a nod, he flicked his gaze over the people choosing sides.

There was a traitor among them, that was sure. And in introducing the subject via this method, making people feel isolated and dividing them? All he or she had to do was step back and watch.

Lucifer suspected it was among them as a whole. The only question...Was who. Who among them had the power to arrange events as he had described to Zatanna? Speaking of which, he moved out to seek her quietly to support her she needed, giving his friend an arm over his shoulder if she required.

At any rate, if a traitor moved in either group? Both he and Saber Alter would be in perfect positions to fight back. Ilona issues aside, he wouldn't let people be killed over something like that, no matter the disagreement.

Things seemed to be getting heated though, something Saber noted as well. So be it.

Lucifer moved to speak quietly to people on his side, going first to clamp a hand on Shizuo's shoulder under pretense of holding him in check.

He then did the same, unobtrusively as possible to Qrow and then to Corrin- All people he had been observing and fought alongside, in order to share with others besides Zatanna his suspicions. If it came down to it, he was going to need allies.

gGVQZKw.png

Artyom glared hard at Makoto, in all honesty, he could understand the kid's thinking, but the fact he sided with a completely different entity irked the ranger, the thought of betraying his brothers and sisters of The Order enraged him

You're a little suka Makoto! throwing your allies and friends under the bus in order to appease the UN is as low as you get. What the hell has The UN have ever done to earn your servitude!"
"It ain't us, it's Ritsuko telling him to do this shit!"

Before Shizuo could step forward to make it clear that he wouldn't hold back in wailing on Add or to respond to Makoto, Lucifer was there, whispering something to him while acting as if he was holding him back. "Dammit... Fine..." Gritting his teeth in frustration, the ex-bartender backed away from the debate, taking a more passive stance while others took the attention of everyone before moving back.

"This had better be good, priest..."

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Once everyone had been gathered at the rendezvous point, the rest of the hostages recovered along with the equipment stolen from everyone by Umbrella being returned, Kyoko would stand in front of everyone, taking an authoritative stand as she'd make her statement, intending to lead the group and keep them unified, unlike before.

Of those still knocked out, Commander Shepard was first to awake. Her eyes fluttered open and she groggily shrugged out of the grip of those that had been supporting her. She needed a moment to gather herself, but it didn't take long for the woman to listen to a quick explanation and know exactly what was up. She was a woman of action, after all.

LjzHDEI.png

She gave Kieran a reassuring nod before barking out orders like the seasoned commander she was. One would find it hard to believe she'd just spent a significant time unconscious with how she herded the group. "Get into formation and put those who can't fight in the middle! Once we rush those doors, there's no telling what will hit us."

"Okay, everyone. I don't know what Umbrella has planned for us, why we were brought here, or where Ilona is, but we don't have time to stand around and think over it. Not while she might be getting tortured or having her power exploited somewhere else," the young woman said, turning around and beginning to walk, leading the group forward towards the end of the hall.

"Be ready for anything. This all... seems too easy. They have to be setting up some sort of trap somewhere to spring onto us," she would continue warily.

"Might I remind you, I couldn't get past the door that leads outside this hall, and it doesn't look like any of the guards in here had the means to open the door. It's been hermetically sealed to keep people like us from getting out," Ocelot would speak up, following her and the rest of the group, "Whatever they want us here for, maybe they wanted us to hope that we were getting out, tricking us into thinking we could get out of here with something that a guard would have had on them."

Without stopping or wavering, Kyoko replied in turn, eyes filled with determination.

With that, the group would continue navigating their way through the empty hall, the effects of the mist slowly but surely wearing off as everyone would slowly manage to get their powers back, before they would be stopped by the aforementioned, unlockable door that stood in their way. Even from a quick glance, it was easy to assume that the door was a sturdy one, and even though everyone's powers had been returning slowly, no one was in a state of getting through it.

Except one person.

Ritsuko would sigh, pocketing her hands as they'd all come to a stop, looking at Kyoko with some irritation. "Alright, then, leader. How do you propose we get past this ordeal? Or did you not consider the reality when making such a cool little speech?"

"I'm not a reckless person, Ms. Akagi. I'm aware of what I said, and I stand by it. After all, there's always a way past the unbeatable. If we don't have a way past this, we'll make a way. Wouldn't you agree... Tohno, was it?" Kyoko would respond, glancing over at Shiki.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

Shiki had already been in the process of removing his glasses when Kyoko would pose a question to him. The young man would give Kyoko a nod, drawing his knife, the only item of value that had been put in the Storage Room, later recovered, when everyone had been captured by Umbrella.

"Way ahead of you."

Pocketing his glasses now, his eyes, once a dull grey, were filled with a vibrant indigo. His pupils shone with an ironic light that indicated life. For his eyes were the very essence of death.

Though nothing seemed to change from everyone else's point of view, the world shifted for Shiki. Everything and everyone, from his perspective, had changed. Red, pulsating lines and dots formed all over his vision. Lines and points that, when traced or stabbed, fulfilled the "death" that they symbolized, no matter how powerful they might be on the outside. With these eyes, an artillery tank could be downed with nothing more than a writing pen, if not one's own fingers.

kUWGiMB.png

Without missing a beat, Shiki dashed towards the door and swung his knife at the door repeatedly. From everyone else's point of view, it looked like he was randomly scratching at the door with his knife, and one might even call him crazy for expecting something to happen if they weren't aware of his power. Yet, sure enough...

Before long, the door fell apart piece by piece, exactly by the patterns that Shiki had cut it apart with. Each piece of the door would fall to the ground with loud thuds, the entire door itself likely having been hundreds of not thousands of pounds. With a breath, the young man would take out his glasses and put them on again, shaking his head briefly, as if to shake away the lines he had seen before.

WLsWybI.png

"Good work," Kyoko simply said with a nod, before moving forward as suggested, Shiki and Len following her when she would move past them.

However... Even for those anticipating a trap somewhere along the line, no one would be able to anticipate what had been waiting for them in the very next room...

The room beyond was nothing special. Just a blank room with metallic grey walls that was just about big enough to fit the entire group. In fact, its size seemed so perfect, that Shepard quickly felt something was wrong. "Wait, let's leave some back, just in case--"

The woman was cut off by the booming sound of some kind of explosion. A gust of hot air blew those who lingered in the hallway forward, flinging them into the room ahead. The entrance that had been cut open by Shiki was covered by a heavy metal shutter, as if it had been expected of him to have cut through the first door.

"Shiki, can you--!" Makoto began to cry, but he was drowned out by a loud droning sound. Panels in the wall lowered to reveal that the source of the sound were a number of fans that began pumping a mist into the room. There was no time to do anything, as the lingering effects of the fog from outside ensured full exposure to this second round of mist. Not only would those with powers feel it all slip away, but even the most mundane of the group would feel their entire body beginning to shut down. One could barely hold their eyes open as...

More panels in the wall slid open to reveal what appeared to be flamethrowers. They covered every wall of the room, nozzles flickering with flame, ready to burn the group alive.

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

The heat was almost impossible to bear, and they flames had yet to even start up. It was only a matter of time now.

... If not for what could only be divine intervention, anyway. Visible streaks of bright electricity flashed from above, coursing down through the walls to shut off both the fans and the flamethrowers. They receded into the wall and the room instantly became cooler as a result.

The divine electricity wasn't done yet, for it then danced around the room, jumping through the fog to dissipate it. It seemed to reinvigorate everyone it passed, removing them of their grogginess and allowing them once again to access their powers.

ZzCwPiQ.png

Channeling lightning between her hands, one might think it was Morrigan who had saved them, but the more observant would know she had still been unconscious when the electricity had shut off the fans.

Morrigan shot the built up magic forward, slamming it into the shutter at the opposite side of the room. It collapsed and was blown backward by the blast, revealing a new hallway beyond.

The mage let out a heavy sigh before she spoke. "Whatever the source of that miraculous recovery, let's not dawdle in this death trap of a room." Shepard quickly agreed and began ushering the group into the next hallway. It wasn't until they came to what appeared to be an empty common room that they stopped once again.

"What is our purpose here?" Morrigan asked no one in particular. "To die? To suffer? I may have only just awoken, but I have to question their motives. 'Twould have been far easier to kill us when they had the chance."

"I don't really care," Kieran said with some degree of annoyance. "We just need to get Ilona and get out of here."

"Hold on, someone mind telling me what's the plan once we save her? You still arguing what to do with her?"

"Uh... well--"

icdVaTg.gif

"This is hardly the time for that! And besides, what would you have me do, let even more people die while you deliberately let power like that go unchecked?!" Ritsuko would snap at Kieran irritably, facing his direction with an angry expression on her face.

"Do I really have to remind you all that three people died when she lost control, and we were lucky it was only three! But next time, it could be six, and then thirty, and then three hundred! That blood would be on your hands, and unless you turn away from the gravity of the situation, I doubt you would be able to handle that burden on your shoulders."

Practically sliding in between Kieran and Ritsuko, the latter of the two marching right over to his direction, Kyoko would give the older woman a fiery look, the blonde stopping in her tracks as the two of them would practically stare each other down for an uncomfortable moment, before Kyoko would speak her piece.

kiri022.png

aXJ3Cpm.png

"So be it."

Cast List
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
Jak wasn't exactly happy about having a person locked up in favor of safety but he felt pangs of past regret over things happening that were similar at one point, being in prison in the past.

Jak squeezed his fist "She doesn't deserve this... nobody deserves this fate.."

Jak walked over to Kieran's group.

@ Everyone in Kieran's group, @Atomyk @luckycoolhawk7

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

LjzHDEI.png

Except one person.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

"Way ahead of you."

kUWGiMB.png

WLsWybI.png

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

ZzCwPiQ.png

"Uh... well--"

icdVaTg.gif

kiri022.png

aXJ3Cpm.png

"So be it."

Cast List
Robin stepped forward. "This isn't the best way. You sound like the Global Occult Coalition. Hell, you're like Kenjiro. You went behind my back, behind the back of the Security Council, and then sidelined UNCED, the group actually concerned with protecting safely." He stepped over to Kyoko's side. "This isn't just a violation of human rights, this is a violation of the UN Charter."

1A0Fenc.png

Robin looked at Morrigan. "I can assure you, I have control of the UN. Ritsuko's just stepping on toes to get her way." He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "This is getting out of hand..."

gGVQZKw.png

"The Coalition has my support, Kieran. If there's any support I can provide, I'll provide it." Robin said calmly. He didn't seem angry about the "Strong-arming" comment.

Corrin was uncomfortable, to say the least. She made her way to where Lucifer was while the rest continued to debate.

@The Tactician @Bomb @Ringmaster @Verite @Crow @Archwar @Josh M @Gummi Bunnies @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @

latest

@The Tactician
WBJfeMo.png

"Well, this guy's pretty reasonable. It'll be pretty chill to debate with him later," Kido comments upon hearing Lang speak. "After we find Illona and the exit, in the exact order."

"What a load of shit."

077.png

Oh, that was the worst thing Add could have possibly said in that moment. In fact, he might have finally set off the eruption of the volcano that was Shizuo's rage and it would not be joyful sight to see Add smeared across a wall courtesy of Shizuo's fist.

036.png

"I don't know where the hell you got that idea, but I'm going to tell you right now that it isn't happening! No matter what side wins this stupid debate, I'm gonna make sure you have nothing to do with the course we take! Either by beating your ass down or you staying away, you're not gonna have any part in Ilona's future! God knows what creepy shit you have in mind for her!"

Before Shizuo could step forward to make it clear that he wouldn't hold back in wailing on Add or to respond to Makoto, Lucifer was there, whispering something to him while acting as if he was holding him back. "Dammit... Fine..." Gritting his teeth in frustration, the ex-bartender backed away from the debate, taking a more passive stance while others took the attention of everyone before moving back.

WBJfeMo.png

"Calm down Shizuo, save your anger point for the Umbrella cronies and the debate stuff. Damn, I already want Pinyakorata back... Can't say the same for everyone else, though. Should I intervene?"

Kido looks at the crowd with an escalating argument.

"I think I should do the honour of halting this mayhem. So, aggressive shouting or reasonable soothing voice? Also, what's a suka?"

The Producer siblings followed along.

WBJfeMo.png

"So, what's the buzz, Lucy?"

glXTgGe.png

"What do you have in mind, Mr Angelschu?"

036.png

47.png

"Now... I think we should all be calm..., even if this guy is a looney asshole."

@Gummi Bunnies

Gritting his teeth in frustration, the ex-bartender backed away from the debate, taking a more passive stance while others took the attention of everyone before moving back.

"What he said." Qrow chimed in with a nod over in Shizuo's direction as he slinked in closer to the back.

@Ringmaster @The Tactician

latest

@The Tactician
Scott looked over at all the others and sighed. " I am sorry, but I agree with everyone on Kieran/ Kirigyi side. Illona should be protected. Ritskuo has already proved herself to be untrustworthy," he said, walking to Kieran's side. Stiles followed suit, agreeing with his friend.

gGVQZKw.png

"The escaped prisoner has nothing to do with this. I'm sure that he simply took advantage of the sudden explosion and ran off. Once this ordeal is done and over, retrieving him will be a top priority," Ocelot would say to Lang, crossing his arms as he'd continue to glare at the other side, "I initially kept the information about Ilona from you, Mr. Lang, and the rest of the group under orders from the higher-ups. Didn't want to cause a mass panic or wave of paranoia so quickly, but... I suppose something like this was bound to happen eventually."

Ritsuko sneered at the jeers coming her way, her hands still pocketed in her lab coat as she'd stand her ground. "You're all acting like I'm the bad guy here, huh? Then tell me something... If I'm the "villain," what would the "hero" do then? Just continue to let Ilona suffer with the burden of knowing that her unstable power, power that she can't hope to control or repress without guidance? The more you advocate to let her go off on her own, the more you're advocating for more innocent lives to be lost. Lives that could have been saved if action was taken. I assure you all, young Naegi is making his decision to side with me of his own volition. Now, I'd love it if you'd tear down this straw man argument that I'm some villain waiting to snatch her up. Or have you all already forgotten that Ilona herself requests to be detained?" She asked, looking at everyone.

wnVShfS.png

"You should have at least waited to get an okay from everyone before trying to whisk her away," Shiki would interject when Ritsuko would take a moment to breathe, "For someone so cool-headed, you seem like you want to avoid as many opposing opinions being voiced as possible."

Ritsuko simply gave a shrug, not caring much for Shiki's words. "Beginning to transport her back to UN Headquarters so quickly might have been an error in judgment, I admit, but I'll say again, this course of action is for the best. It isn't like she'd be a prisoner, confined to the headquarters, but we can't be reckless either. You've all seen what she's capable of when others are able to manipulate her emotions and power, and might I add once again that I didn't strong-arm Ilona into doing anything. Hell, she practically begged me to take her in. It just so happened that I was intending to do what she asked of me from the beginning anyway."

"As for how to contain her, at first, she'll be on a remote world, a dead world where she wouldn't be able to hurt anyone with her power, no matter how great it becomes, until my plans are approved. That is, the plans to construct a safe sector located near the UN Headquarters, a room connected to the building by a long walkway, but still separated a small distance. She'll be observed and taken care of in this room, reinforced with the most durable materials and the strongest supernatural means of power suppression that we have on hand, while we'll have people working to help her in the very next room, protected from any potential risk. How does that sound? Surely makes up for the flawed, permeable design of the Coalition Headquarters, if you ask me."

@Nater Taters @Crow @Atomyk @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Archwar @Minerva @Josh M @Everybody

036.png

WBJfeMo.png

"Calm down Shizuo, save your anger point for the Umbrella cronies and the debate stuff. Damn, I already want Pinyakorata back... Can't say the same for everyone else, though. Should I intervene?"

Kido looks at the crowd with an escalating argument.

"I think I should do the honour of halting this mayhem. So, aggressive shouting or reasonable soothing voice? Also, what's a suka?"
47.png

"Now... I think we should all be calm..., even if this guy is a looney asshole."

@Gummi Bunnies
tumblr_nwqta8OBwH1u3z5n7o2_100.png

"C'mon, have some faith in little ol' me~ When have I done something so bad and so terrible that I can't even keep track of one individual~?"

@Bomb @The Tactician @Crow @ppl​

Status
Not open for further replies.