• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
yDXQZAV.png

Bradley's jaw clenched as he approached Zen faster, wanting to catch up with him as quick as he could. The blood-soaked pants, boots, and socks needed to be discarded of as soon as possible. There was still a nasty squelching sound from the drenched socks. "Zen, it was - Horrible...There were..." He made a vague motion with his hands. "Bo-bodies everywhere...N' they were - To-torn ta shreds, n' blood n' guts were everywhere, too, n'...n'..." His blue eyes pricked with tears. "It was...Nasty n'...I was - Scared...I didn't kn-know where ya were n'...I was - Sc-scared that one of those bodies was yers..." Bradley's knuckles started to turn white as his nails dug into the palms of his hands.

@Sen

Quickly passing by Kyouko down the hall like a scarlet blur, a merchant snagged Len from beside the detective, squeezing the tiny thing to her breast as she barged into the rendezvous room.

"Now where's my rich little- Ah!"

After spotting the idle Shiki, Anna ran right on up to the glasses-wearing 'rich boy' of hers. Swinging Len onto her back to dangle from, the young redhead pressed her body against the back of Shiki's, pointed fingers curling against his chest shamelessly.

"Made out of that nasty situation unscathed, I hope?" The older woman hummed with a wink. "Well, it seems that way, rich boy. I, on the hand, happened to be quite ticked off since some worthless grunts dared to touch my gold and stock."

There was a heavy sigh as Anna could feel her anger bubbling over. Once cooled down, the redhead smirked.

Fire_Emblem_Awakening_anna_crit_full.png

"But it's fine. All fine. I'll find them. And sell their bodies to the town butcher. Maybe even give their families some gifts if I can find them." She sighed with a dreamy grin.

@Verite
Shiki02.png

"..."

"... And here, I was hoping you'd forgotten about me."

@DBZ7

Last edited:
Meditation and relaxation are key for any sound body. This is exactly what Iroh was doing once he was captured. His eyes opened suddenly as if he reached a revelation. "I see..." he said to himself as he looked at his surroundings. Using his firebending, he created an exit out of his small prison and, after walking past a battlefield in the hallways found the others meeting up. After looking closely at the vast majority of those present, he was happy to see no one was too badly hurt. Despite his joy, he could only give a tiny smile and wished he could have some soothing Jasmine tea right now.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti@Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point

Reactions: Takumi
Stiles stood watch of the door and wondered if anything was going to happen. It seemed that Scott had decided to join him, carrying nothing on him. " So, I guess we just wait for everyone to gather here. So ummm... would anyone like to talk about themselves? Perhaps what is going on in their lives, maybe why they joined-," he said, trying to break the ice.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay
@Rendezvous Point I guess

Mason heard his question and decided to respond. There were things he could get off his chest. "I joined because I was tired of wandering around. I couldn't go home because there wasn't much left of my home to go back to. For about a year, people who knew me called me The Traveller. I drifted aimlessly between worlds, trying hard to remember names and keep friends, but I'd always lose grasp of where they were.

"I had no home, so the Coalition became mine. Now, somebody's attacked it. This Umbrella Corporation tried to take away our home and stole away a member of our Coalition family. Now we're going to get her back and defend that home."

@Rendezvous Point
Aura Inv: [Empty]
Aura Power:
73% and building
Pocket Inv: Aura Guide, Tool Belt

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite
mfnlLhp.png

"So humble~" he complimented.
Zen wasn't one to talk about his past, he didn't particularly like to think about it if he didn't have to. But there were members of the Coalition here, and anything up the point where he had established himself as an actor was fair game. "I joined because I wanted to help others with their dreams, people from other dimensions as well." He smiled, "My own dreams have been achieved, but so many people out there need help."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point​
WBJfeMo.webp

"Ah, long story. The short story - I liked the gigs the UN pulled during that Fall of Elliot incident. Was there with my little pal Shouko. I thought I could catch in on the action, especially since I found that I had... uh... odd abilities while outside my world. After that, a couple of my other pals were sucked into these Murder Games - the Rapture Incident and that... Daughter Incident? Seriously though why wasn't it called the Bright Falls incident or the Monokuma Case? Anyways, that's kinda what motivated me to stay around in the UN for longer than I expected. Put a halt to the Murder Perpetrators from grabbing chaps from my world, hopefully others too..."

Kido sheds a tear.

"Of course, that might also mean my girls and I will never be able to meet our crossdimensional friends again, that includes you all, but I don't know what's more important - friendship and love that trascends dimensions, or safety... I don't want to disappoint them, or myself..."

glXTgGe.webp

Madoka felt a little sad looking at Kido's inner state. "I, on the other hand, requested to join the UN in order to keep an eye on this little rascal over here. Not even a disciplined workplace can suppress him, but I suppose that that is not a completely bad thing..." Madoka then pats her brother on the back. "It will be a while until that time comes, brother. Until then... we will make the best of it."

Madoka then hands Kido a box.

cU2MSk3.jpg

"Plenty of time, brother, plenty of time."

"Ah! My secret gift box that totally isn't what it seems to be! How did I you find it?"

"It was probably taken with the rest of our equipment. That means that you never did lose it."

Madoka lets out a brief smile.

"Oh. I see."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Sen @Crow @Rendezvous Point
mfnlLhp.png

"That looks like a box for a ring."

ifasAqg.gif

"... Don't tell me you're getting married?!" Zen sighed, "So young, so early! Aigoo, I'm jealous."
From the corner of his eye, the actor spotted a familiar face. A scared familiar face. "Oh, Bradley!" He beckoned the boy over, "Where did you go? Did you get hurt?" He looked all over the boy, but the blood that stained his clothes didn't appear to be his. "You shouldn't wander off like that."
@Wren @Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point
yDXQZAV.png

Bradley's jaw clenched as he approached Zen faster, wanting to catch up with him as quick as he could. The blood-soaked pants, boots, and socks needed to be discarded of as soon as possible. There was still a nasty squelching sound from the drenched socks. "Zen, it was - Horrible...There were..." He made a vague motion with his hands. "Bo-bodies everywhere...N' they were - To-torn ta shreds, n' blood n' guts were everywhere, too, n'...n'..." His blue eyes pricked with tears. "It was...Nasty n'...I was - Scared...I didn't kn-know where ya were n'...I was - Sc-scared that one of those bodies was yers..." Bradley's knuckles started to turn white as his nails dug into the palms of his hands.

@Sen
Meditation and relaxation are key for any sound body. This is exactly what Iroh was doing once he was captured. His eyes opened suddenly as if he reached a revelation. "I see..." he said to himself as he looked at his surroundings. Using his firebending, he created an exit out of his small prison and, after walking past a battlefield in the hallways found the others meeting up. After looking closely at the vast majority of those present, he was happy to see no one was too badly hurt. Despite his joy, he could only give a tiny smile and wished he could have some soothing Jasmine tea right now.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti@Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point
@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay
@Rendezvous Point
Ruby Rose & Zwei

Ruby had sort of been lost in the moment, petting Zwei and stuff, who was still in Weiss's arms, but when Stiles asked about what they were doing, and why they had joined the Coalition, Ruby perked up, turning her attention way from Zwei, despite his protests.

EcovKLS.gif

"I want to be a huntress..." She said earnestly.

"I always wanted to be a hero... Like in the books, protecting people who couldn't protect themselves... Saving the day, and not asking for anything in return... Fighting for what was right..." She continued... Then, she paused.

"That's why I'm a reserve member here... And..." She trailed off for a moment, that image of Jennifer's unconscious form flashing in her mind once more.

"That's why I'm here! Trying to save Ilona..." She finished, her voice had grown a little quiet.

Looks like she had remembered something that had slipped her mind for a while due to all that had happened.

mfnlLhp.png

"That looks like a box for a ring."

ifasAqg.gif

"... Don't tell me you're getting married?!" Zen sighed, "So young, so early! Aigoo, I'm jealous."
From the corner of his eye, the actor spotted a familiar face. A scared familiar face. "Oh, Bradley!" He beckoned the boy over, "Where did you go? Did you get hurt?" He looked all over the boy, but the blood that stained his clothes didn't appear to be his. "You shouldn't wander off like that."
@Wren @Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point

yDXQZAV.png

@Sen

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @LuckycoolHawk9 @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay
@Rendezvous Point
Ruby Rose & Zwei

Ruby had sort of been lost in the moment, petting Zwei and stuff, who was still in Weiss's arms, but when Stiles asked about what they were doing, and why they had joined the Coalition, Ruby perked up, turning her attention way from Zwei, despite his protests.

EcovKLS.gif

"I always wanted to be a hero... Like in the books, protecting people who couldn't protect themselves... Saving the day, and not asking for anything in return... Fighting for what was right..." She continued... Then, she paused.

"That's why I'm a reserve member here... And..." She trailed off for a moment, that image of Jennifer's unconscious form flashing in her mind once more.

"That's why I'm here! Trying to save Ilona..." She finished, her voice had grown a little quiet.

Looks like she had remembered something that had slipped her mind for a while due to all that had happened.​

WBJfeMo.webp

"Yeah, it sure does look like one, I guess," Kido whistles away, "I don't really have my life planned properly anyways... so marriage is a pretty low on my priorities.... ehehe... hehe..."

glXTgGe.webp

"This is the habitat of the undead," Madoka explains to Bradley, "what you have seen will be a common occurence, so brace yourself."

"Speaking of saving Illona," Kido looks at Ruby, then towards Lois, then the ceiling, then everyone else.

"Is 'flying into two ceilings instead of the usual lift or stairs to get there fast' a good idea? Mason has approximated Illona's appearance, and time to lose isn't much... also, where is the lift and stairs even?"

@Jeremi @Sen @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point

Shiki02.png

"..."

"... And here, I was hoping you'd forgotten about me."

@DBZ7
Anna pretended not to hear that bit. Or rather, she probably didn't even register it as his sly hands went for the boy's pockets, seeing if he was perhaps holding stacks of something. Or pouches of stuff! All of which would hopefully be worth something!

She then turned to Len and pecked the tiny thing on the cheek.

"Keeping this one."

@Verite

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
WBJfeMo.webp

"Yeah, it sure does look like one, I guess," Kido whistles away, "I don't really have my life planned properly anyways... so marriage is a pretty low on my priorities.... ehehe... hehe..."

glXTgGe.webp

"This is the habitat of the undead," Madoka explains to Bradley, "what you have seen will be a common occurence, so brace yourself."

"Speaking of saving Illona," Kido looks at Ruby, then towards Lois, then the ceiling, then everyone else.

"Is 'flying into two ceilings instead of the usual lift or stairs to get there fast' a good idea? Mason has approximated Illona's appearance, and time to lose isn't much... also, where is the lift and stairs even?"

@Jeremi @Sen @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point

"Yes, Kido. Just bursting through the ceiling is a GREAT idea; it's a perfect plan if you want to pop up in the middle of a cluster of zombies. The undead aura I sensed up there is at least 150 times that of the stupid zombie guard over there. So that means that there's 150 of him, or 75 zombies twice as strong as him, or 15 zombies ten times as strong, et cetera, et cetera. You get the picture. Now, as a group we could handle that many zombies at once, but there's just one problem: Ilona."

Mason, having regained a good portion of his strength, stands up so that everyone in the crowd can hear him. "Sure, Madoka could blast all the zombies to pieces with a rocket propelled grenade, but the resulting shockwave could seriously injure Ilona. Sure, Bibi could cast an ice spell to freeze all the zombies, but to do that would catch Ilona in the area of effect. Sure, Little Red Riding Hood could shotgun blast and mow down a large group of zombies, but we don't know Ilona's situation and she might not be capable of avoiding a stray shell. Sure, I could go berserker again and wipe them all out, but that runs the risk of me not being able to calm down my powers before Ilona gets hurt. The point is, we can't go in guns blazing because our goal is to not lose anybody here. No casualties."

Mason turns his attention towards Kyoko. "Miss Kirigiri, you probably have the best inventory on all the abilities held by those present. There are probably also a couple of good tacticians among the group of us that landed on Silent Earth. Do you have any plans or strategies?"

@Rendezvous Point
Aura Inv: [Empty]
Aura Power: 80% and building
Pocket Inv: Aura Guide, Tool Belt

Mason turns his attention towards Kyoko. "Miss Kirigiri, you probably have the best inventory on all the abilities held by those present. There are probably also a couple of good tacticians among the group of us that landed on Silent Earth. Do you have any plans or strategies?"
Anna pretended not to hear that bit. Or rather, she probably didn't even register it as his sly hands went for the boy's pockets, seeing if he was perhaps holding stacks of something. Or pouches of stuff! All of which would hopefully be worth something!

She then turned to Len and pecked the tiny thing on the cheek.

"Keeping this one."

@Verite
kiri008.png

"...?"

Kyoko had been somewhat out of it for the past few minutes, seemingly pensive in thought over her situation and what she could possibly do to get her and everyone else out of Silent Earth, along with Ilona of course, wherever she was. Initially, she hadn't even noticed Mason until a few seconds after he had finished asking her a question, the young woman blinking as she'd come to face Mason.

kiri013.png

"It's... hard for me to be able to gauge much, given our situation is one where we don't have a lot of intel on, though for now, I'm doing what I can with what I can gather," she would say, continuing to rest her chin on her balled fist, maintaining a thinking pose as she'd speak, "I'll wait a little while longer for the others to regain consciousness and power, and then... We'll see what I decide to do from here."

After that, she'd clear her throat, indicating she wasn't done talking immediately.

"I'm not exactly sure what led you and those two to believe that Ilona is only a few feet up, assuming that we aren't already at the very top already of whatever structure we're inside, though if you happen to have evidence leading you to that conclusion, I'd like to see it," Kyoko began again, gesturing briefly towards Kido and Madoka, before going on again, "But right now, as far as who is the best equipped to fight, protecting the wounded, and drive off enemy forces, or in other words, the tentative Ultimate Trump Card... is him."

And with that, she pointed at Shiki, who was currently being harassed by Anna once again.

Shiki07.png

"H-Hey, get off! P-Personal space, seriously!!" He exclaimed, attempting to push Anna off. He really didn't need to be publicly molested like this, though... maybe it was karma.

Not that he made a habit out of molesting all the girls he knew, at any rate.

Alas, Anna would be unable to find anything in Shiki's pockets. If he had a wallet, he more than likely left it back in the Coalition HQ, perhaps in some locker temporarily assigned to him during his stay at the base. No gold coins for her here, unfortunately.

len12_zps35f4e1ad.png

"... Hm."

Meanwhile, Len only blushed when pecked.

Kyoko, watching from afar, pursed her lips, before clearing her throat and speaking again to Mason. "He's one of the most powerful humans I've ever come across in all the multiverse, a true god of death, and yet, like those who are not corrupted by absolute power, all he absolutely wants is a normal, quiet life."

"The thing is he's too powerful to do anything about trivial matters like being touched all over by our multiversal merchant."

For a moment, Kyoko got deja vu watching Shiki be molested. Something about the sight of a woman dressed in clothing reminiscent of something worn in a fantasy-like world molesting another person for superficial reasons just sort of made her remember something unpleasant.

@DBZ7 @Mason Moretti @Crow @Rendezvous

Last edited:

EcovKLS.gif

Looks like she had remembered something that had slipped her mind for a while due to all that had happened
Stiles was only half-llistening to Kido and Mason going on about why they were here. He guessed that maybe one of the girls he met in Bright Falls was who the man was referring to him.

" I agree with you there, we need to fight for what is right... and save Illona... wait, does anyone else find it strange that we were captured and brought to the exact place we needed to be? I mean, we were imprisoned, then released. Maybe they didn't expect to escape, but they didn't set up guards or anything. It just seems strange to me," Scott said, now that he was thinking about it.

Stiles nodded in agreement.

"Trust me...i'm well aware of your strength....after all you dented that door and probably would've gotten through it if you had kept goin'......It's just in my nature to tease someone when I can....Even if they're vastly stronger then me....." Black stated following the two towards holding room 2. Even in the face of danger including at one point dealing with an Elder God Black's snarky attitude knew no limits. Even being snarky and amoral Black did have one positive trait that being his loyalty. So long as the pay was good he'd stay loyal to Remilia no matter what...

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Jeremi @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Holding Room 2
"Nn...Well, petty teasing like that won't bother me."

Despite her words, Remilia gave Black a bit of a stink eye, clearly a little fussed over being made fun of. But hey, she was still paying him a hefty amount, so what was a bit of sass between work partners? Sakuya simply chuckled at the going-ons, though as they moved towards the holding room it seemed that the business there had already been resolved. They moved towards the rendezvous point with everyone else.

@Crimson Spartan @Chewy Rabbits
And with that, she pointed at Shiki, who was currently being harassed by Anna once again.

Shiki07.png

"H-Hey, get off! P-Personal space, seriously!!" He exclaimed, attempting to push Anna off. He really didn't need to be publicly molested like this, though... maybe it was karma.

Alas, Anna would be unable to find anything in Shiki's pockets. If he had a wallet, he more than likely left it back in the Coalition HQ, perhaps in some locker temporarily assigned to him during his stay at the base. No gold coins for her here, unfortunately.

len12_zps35f4e1ad.png

"... Hm."

tumblr_inline_mhkphrUEwB1r4ssbx.png

"Another reunion with your particularly attached companion, Shiki?"

Upon coming back to the rendezvous point, the maid had noticed a rather familiar sight. A repeat of what had happened back at the headquarters. The boy had bad luck when it came to these matters, it seemed. She had a feeling the whims of fate were to blame here.

@Verite @DBZ7

kiri008.png

"...?"

Kyoko had been somewhat out of it for the past few minutes, seemingly pensive in thought over her situation and what she could possibly do to get her and everyone else out of Silent Earth, along with Ilona of course, wherever she was. Initially, she hadn't even noticed Mason until a few seconds after he had finished asking her a question, the young woman blinking as she'd come to face Mason.

kiri013.png

"It's... hard for me to be able to gauge much, given our situation is one where we don't have a lot of intel on, though for now, I'm doing what I can with what I can gather," she would say, continuing to rest her chin on her balled fist, maintaining a thinking pose as she'd speak, "I'll wait a little while longer for the others to regain consciousness and power, and then... We'll see what I decide to do from here."

After that, she'd clear her throat, indicating she wasn't done talking immediately.

"I'm not exactly sure what led you and those two to believe that Ilona is only a few feet up, assuming that we aren't already at the very top already of whatever structure we're inside, though if you happen to have evidence leading you to that conclusion, I'd like to see it," Kyoko began again, gesturing briefly towards Kido and Madoka, before going on again, "But right now, as far as who is the best equipped to fight, protecting the wounded, and drive off enemy forces, or in other words, the tentative Ultimate Trump Card... is him."

Shiki07.png

len12_zps35f4e1ad.png

"... Hm."

Kyoko, watching from afar, pursed her lips, before clearing her throat and speaking again to Mason. "He's one of the most powerful humans I've ever come across in all the multiverse, a true god of death, and yet, like those who are not corrupted by absolute power, all he absolutely wants is a normal, quiet life."

"The thing is he's too powerful to do anything about trivial matters like being touched all over by our multiversal merchant."

For a moment, Kyoko got deja vu watching Shiki be molested. Something about the sight of a woman dressed in clothing reminiscent of something worn in a fantasy-like world molesting another person for superficial reasons just sort of made her remember something unpleasant.

In the moments before Shiki had his cute little outburst, Anna rifled through the young man's pockets, only to pout at the lack of any cash or gold within them. Maybe he just keeps it all at home? Boring!

Oh?

But she did find something while searching deep within those pockets.

Honk honk? Nah.

Grip grip.

And finally she was pried off, left to imagine what it was she felt. It was outside the pockets themselves, so...

f6235b7b25cd47d29520b29502fffdb4.png

"Cha-ching~."

Giving Shiki another wink, Anna decided to give the catgirl on her back her full attention, hooking her hands underneath the tiny Len's arms to hold her high into the air. Her maternal instincts had been kicked into high gear.

"Kyaaa! I'm really really not planning on giving this one up, Shiki!" The merchant almost warned her favorite rich boy. "But it'll be fiiine, right? And if you wanna see her again, just my home and shop a visit, 'kay love~?"

A peck to his cheek before bringing Len back in for hug.

@Verite

• Love
Reactions: Khan of the Mardu
Stiles was only half-llistening to Kido and Mason going on about why they were here. He guessed that maybe one of the girls he met in Bright Falls was who the man was referring to him.

" I agree with you there, we need to fight for what is right... and save Illona... wait, does anyone else find it strange that we were captured and brought to the exact place we needed to be? I mean, we were imprisoned, then released. Maybe they didn't expect to escape, but they didn't set up guards or anything. It just seems strange to me," Scott said, now that he was thinking about it.

AXHBCxB.png

"What sort of prison works like that?" Zen questioned. "I'm not a guy who throws others into prisons but I'm sure that they're supposed to be guarded well. What's the point of jailing people if you're not going to stop them from escaping?"

"Unless, they're just stalling for time. They might be doing something to Ilona as we speak.
Especially since she has that strange power of hers..."

@Wren @Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits@Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point​

kiri008.png

"...?"

kiri013.png

Shiki07.png

len12_zps35f4e1ad.png

"... Hm."

"Evidence? I... I don't..." Mason had no evidence besides what he had felt with his aura. And even that was shaky evidence at best, as it came from him while in Berserk mode. If he could still feel Ilona's aura now, that would be one thing, but all he could sense above him was the aura of the undead, and that news would be no surprise to anyone. It's possible that he did sense Ilona above him, but who knew how far away she could be in this building. They didn't even have scale of how big this building was.

Mason believed that it would be wise to take a moment to think through this situation logically. He would have plenty of time anyway. After all, they weren't being attacked. "Wait... why aren't we being attacked right now?" Mason asks, adding on to Scott's comments.

"We were trapped, but Ocelot was able to break us out. They created a device that can neutralize most of our members, but they gave it to a useless guard. They took away all our weapons, but they didn't take them very far. They created a hidden door that would open to a room of 'powerful' zombies when we freed our friends, but the zombies weren't that powerful and there was evidence that they themselves were being locked away as well, as if they didn't intend for them to get out. They created a hallway with the only way to leave being this door, but I see no attempts at obstructing our path through this door. The evidence isn't in what's there, but what SHOULD be there..."

Mason took another pause to think, then continued, "Every indication that these people are one step ahead of us is immediately shot down by us still succeeding. It's almost as if they're leading us along, having a trail of cookies saying, 'Good job! You're getting closer to finding your friend!' It's absolutely uncanny. I bet that as soon as we open this door, we're only going to see stairs going in one direction."

"The only thing that I can say for certain is above us right now is danger. Your physical evidence there is the lack of guards or zombies in here. The question that remains is whether it's an actual danger, or another false danger to give us a false victory. There are still a few things that bug me, but... That's what I can figure out. Any further thoughts?"

Mason wouldn't bring up what bothered him yet, but among his questions were: Do they have plans to account for everyone's powers? Did they really plan against Mason's? Could they have created a false signal of Ilona's aura? Could they be doing something with Ilona's power? Are they just actually just stupid and poor planners? Did something take out Umbrella so now a bigger threat awaits them? What's the deal with the stun batons? These questions and more flooded Mason's mind.

@Rendezvous Point
@Verite @ Others

Reactions: Takumi
"BAD EXAMPLE?! WHY MISS, I HAVE FOUGHT THE LEGIONS OF HELL ITSELF AND SPENT COUNTLESS YEARS RAVAGING THEM IN THEIR OWN HOME! I HAVE FOUGHT DEMONS THAT WOULD DRIVE PEOPLE INSANE OR FLATTEN THEM WITH THEIR THUMBS AND WON! IF I AM A BAD EXAMPLE, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

I really, really wanted to yell all of that out to express my pride, but unfortunately all the sound I could make at the time was just some angry grunts and growls. Damn device.
"You are an inspiration to every neolithic with a club."

Saber Alter said dryly, after finally being bored enough to pay attention.
kiri008.png

"...?"

kiri013.png

Shiki07.png

len12_zps35f4e1ad.png

"... Hm."

It'd been a while since he met the mystic eyes in a peaceful situation. The last time he had, outside of now? It had...

"That's quite the friend you got there. Real brave' a him to stick around like that when all he's got against the horrors a' this place is himself, a half dead man, and... well whatever's wrong with her"

The voice came from behind Raime.

a teenager leaned calmly on a pillar near where Chell's portal had been left. Even before being spliced washed his colors away, the uniform that he had on looked like it had either been black or a dark blue, a match to his short and scruffy hair in these monochrome hues. a belt and sling that didn't seem to match the rest of his attire was across his shoulders, and a sword hung from it in its sheathe, a light looking design that was reminiscent of the renaissance. In the hand that wasn't against the pillar, the boy was flicking a knife into the air to catch by the tip of the blade and repeat, and the smile on his face you could almost say was as congenial as the tone of his words.

Lucifer might have found that friendliness hard to stomach when the scent hit his nose. The man's dark sleeves were absolutely steeped in blood, human and otherwise, yet somehow keeping itself hidden till now save for the faint trace that had set lucifer off before. And while Raime might not have been able to tell that, both of them could see the pair of gloved hands that were hanging from his belt like trophies. And the portal that Chell had left was just... gone, either used above or somehow interfered with. But perhaps the strangest thing about this spliced wasn't what was on him, or what was greyed out.

It was what wasn't greyed out.

a5db74L.png

"So, what brings you fine gentlemen to this particular hellhole in the apocalypse?"

....It had not been an experience he cared to repeat a third time. Idly, he checked his restored equipment as he listened with half an ear, considering quietly with a frown. Finally, he produced a black key blade, examining it minutely before dispelling it for ready use once more.

He then went to check up on those still recovering. Morrigan, Paladin Danse, Zatanna- Maybe he couldn't do much with their limited supplies, but nevertheless. Last thing he wanted was for them to have been infected by their enemies.

That would have been a cruel twist of fate, while they were powerless.

tumblr_inline_mhkphrUEwB1r4ssbx.png

"Another reunion with your particularly attached companion, Shiki?"

Upon coming back to the rendezvous point, the maid had noticed a rather familiar sight. A repeat of what had happened back at the headquarters. The boy had bad luck when it came to these matters, it seemed. She had a feeling the whims of fate were to blame here.

@Verite @DBZ7
In the moments before Shiki had his cute little outburst, Anna rifled through the young man's pockets, only to pout at the lack of any cash or gold within them. Maybe he just keeps it all at home? Boring!

Oh?

But she did find something while searching deep within those pockets.

Honk honk? Nah.

Grip grip.

And finally she was pried off, left to imagine what it was she felt. It was outside the pockets themselves, so...

f6235b7b25cd47d29520b29502fffdb4.png

"Cha-ching~."

Giving Shiki another wink, Anna decided to give the catgirl on her back her full attention, hooking her hands underneath the tiny Len's arms to hold her high into the air. Her maternal instincts had been kicked into high gear.

"Kyaaa! I'm really really not planning on giving this one up, Shiki!" The merchant almost warned her favorite rich boy. "But it'll be fiiine, right? And if you wanna see her again, just my home and shop a visit, 'kay love~?"

A peck to his cheek before bringing Len back in for hug.

@Verite
Shiki02.png

"A-Ah, Sakuya-san, you're still alright. And no, despite how much she's trying to stick to me like glue, we're not... like that, I swear!" He exclaimed, still attempting to get Anna off at the moment, "If only I didn't mention my mansion and maids, I--GUUAAGH!"

A serious push would meet Anna finally when she'd grab something she shouldn't have grabbed, stumbling away from her and towards Sakuya, almost as though huddling towards her for protection, looking intensely at Anna when she'd talk of... stealing Len and proposing an ultimatum.

"Wait, wait, you can't do that! First off, I barely even know you, so why should I even visit you?! And besides, Len-chan isn't a toy to just bring home! There's no way she'd come back with you. Right, Len?!"

"..."

In response, Len simply gave Shiki a suspicious look.

len11_zpsddac88a2.png

A moment of silence, and then a soft "Humph" sound.

"Are you still mad at me over before?! I told you already, it was just a joke! I definitely would miss you, and more than just because Arcueid would get mad at me!!"

"..."

@DBZ7 @Kaykay

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi and DBZ7
D6wy2Sd.png

"Un...Undead...? What do ya mean b-by...Undead...?" He fought back the urge to hold onto Zen for comfort and, instead, opted to just stare at him intensely as another question and request came from him. "Zen...Is...What? Were those...Actually zombies...? Tell them that...That they aren't..." It was extremely hard for the poor little farm boy to wrap all of this around his head. "This is...Absurd! Ya're a mighty fine liar, I'll tell ya that, but...Bu-but ya can't fool me! Wh-who were they!?" His fists clenched even tighter, nails threatening to break the skin as his head snapped back to the stranger. "There is n-no way someone...Can come ba-back ta life!"

"Zen!" He turned his attention back to the man. "Tell them that...That they're an idiot! They can't ma-make me believe this mumbo-jumbo!" Go easy on the boy. He's been through a lot in the past five minutes. First, he thought he had lost Zen, then he thought that Zen was dead; The gas was still affecting him, too...All of these factored into a hostile little farmer. A light draft blew through the corridor they were in, causing a shiver to grab ahold of Bradley and making him shake just a smidgen. "Gosh...Wh-what in the heck is ev-even happenin', Zen...?"

"Evidence? I... I don't..." Mason had no evidence besides what he had felt with his aura. And even that was shaky evidence at best, as it came from him while in Berserk mode. If he could still feel Ilona's aura now, that would be one thing, but all he could sense above him was the aura of the undead, and that news would be no surprise to anyone. It's possible that he did sense Ilona above him, but who knew how far away she could be in this building. They didn't even have scale of how big this building was.

Mason believed that it would be wise to take a moment to think through this situation logically. He would have plenty of time anyway. After all, they weren't being attacked. "Wait... why aren't we being attacked right now?" Mason asks, adding on to Scott's comments.

"We were trapped, but Ocelot was able to break us out. They created a device that can neutralize most of our members, but they gave it to a useless guard. They took away all our weapons, but they didn't take them very far. They created a hidden door that would open to a room of 'powerful' zombies when we freed our friends, but the zombies weren't that powerful and there was evidence that they themselves were being locked away as well, as if they didn't intend for them to get out. They created a hallway with the only way to leave being this door, but I see no attempts at obstructing our path through this door. The evidence isn't in what's there, but what SHOULD be there..."

Mason took another pause to think, then continued, "Every indication that these people are one step ahead of us is immediately shot down by us still succeeding. It's almost as if they're leading us along, having a trail of cookies saying, 'Good job! You're getting closer to finding your friend!' It's absolutely uncanny. I bet that as soon as we open this door, we're only going to see stairs going in one direction."

"The only thing that I can say for certain is above us right now is danger. Your physical evidence there is the lack of guards or zombies in here. The question that remains is whether it's an actual danger, or another false danger to give us a false victory. There are still a few things that bug me, but... That's what I can figure out. Any further thoughts?"

Mason wouldn't bring up what bothered him yet, but among his questions were: Do they have plans to account for everyone's powers? Did they really plan against Mason's? Could they have created a false signal of Ilona's aura? Could they be doing something with Ilona's power? Are they just actually just stupid and poor planners? Did something take out Umbrella so now a bigger threat awaits them? What's the deal with the stun batons? These questions and more flooded Mason's mind.

@Rendezvous Point
@Verite @ Others
FoOwTzy.gif

"That's the rough gist of it so far. You're asking the right questions, but we don't have any clues to go on, so we can't get the right answers in turn," Kyoko nodded in affirmation, furrowing her brow for a moment, "Be ready for anything. It's easy to conclude that we're being toyed with and led along, but the harder part is to prepare for whatever trap they want to spring on us. Expecting the unexpected, as they say, would be the trick."

"I've a few ideas, an occupational habit from being a detective I've developed that I come up with more scenarios than I can recall on hand, but for now, maybe we should just rest. We can speculate and prepare all we want, but nothing will happen if we don't brave forward regardless of what we fear. And we can't let fear overtake us. There only thing to fear is fear itself after all," she continued, crossing her arms.

"Come what may though, I'll make sure we all get through this. Or I'll die trying."

@Mason Moretti

"You are an inspiration to every neolithic with a club."

Saber Alter said dryly, after finally being bored enough to pay attention.

It'd been a while since he met the mystic eyes in a peaceful situation. The last time he had, outside of now? It had...

"That's quite the friend you got there. Real brave' a him to stick around like that when all he's got against the horrors a' this place is himself, a half dead man, and... well whatever's wrong with her"

The voice came from behind Raime.

a teenager leaned calmly on a pillar near where Chell's portal had been left. Even before being spliced washed his colors away, the uniform that he had on looked like it had either been black or a dark blue, a match to his short and scruffy hair in these monochrome hues. a belt and sling that didn't seem to match the rest of his attire was across his shoulders, and a sword hung from it in its sheathe, a light looking design that was reminiscent of the renaissance. In the hand that wasn't against the pillar, the boy was flicking a knife into the air to catch by the tip of the blade and repeat, and the smile on his face you could almost say was as congenial as the tone of his words.

Lucifer might have found that friendliness hard to stomach when the scent hit his nose. The man's dark sleeves were absolutely steeped in blood, human and otherwise, yet somehow keeping itself hidden till now save for the faint trace that had set lucifer off before. And while Raime might not have been able to tell that, both of them could see the pair of gloved hands that were hanging from his belt like trophies. And the portal that Chell had left was just... gone, either used above or somehow interfered with. But perhaps the strangest thing about this spliced wasn't what was on him, or what was greyed out.

It was what wasn't greyed out.

a5db74L.png

"So, what brings you fine gentlemen to this particular hellhole in the apocalypse?"

....It had not been an experience he cared to repeat a third time. Idly, he checked his restored equipment as he listened with half an ear, considering quietly with a frown. Finally, he produced a black key blade, examining it minutely before dispelling it for ready use once more.

He then went to check up on those still recovering. Morrigan, Paladin Danse, Zatanna- Maybe he couldn't do much with their limited supplies, but nevertheless. Last thing he wanted was for them to have been infected by their enemies.

That would have been a cruel twist of fate, while they were powerless.

Though she wouldn't notice, I broke into a grin and made a very slight nod of the head. Undoubtedly she meant it as a insult, but taking it out of context, it's a compliment! I suppose, however, I should speak back. Maybe I could rope her into a friendly game of who kills the most mooks!

"SAYS THE EDGY ONE WHO WIELDS A SWORD!"

@Ringmaster @Jeremi

D6wy2Sd.png

"Un...Undead...? What do ya mean b-by...Undead...?" He fought back the urge to hold onto Zen for comfort and, instead, opted to just stare at him intensely as another question and request came from him. "Zen...Is...What? Were those...Actually zombies...? Tell them that...That they aren't..." It was extremely hard for the poor little farm boy to wrap all of this around his head. "This is...Absurd! Ya're a mighty fine liar, I'll tell ya that, but...Bu-but ya can't fool me! Wh-who were they!?" His fists clenched even tighter, nails threatening to break the skin as his head snapped back to the stranger. "There is n-no way someone...Can come ba-back ta life!"

"Zen!" He turned his attention back to the man. "Tell them that...That they're an idiot! They can't ma-make me believe this mumbo-jumbo!" Go easy on the boy. He's been through a lot in the past five minutes. First, he thought he had lost Zen, then he thought that Zen was dead; The gas was still affecting him, too...All of these factored into a hostile little farmer. A light draft blew through the corridor they were in, causing a shiver to grab ahold of Bradley and making him shake just a smidgen. "Gosh...Wh-what in the heck is ev-even happenin', Zen...?"

I heard a rather scared voice and with narrowed eyes I slowly turned to the source to see a nigh-impossible adorable looking boy. He was conversing with a white-haired man, another man, and a female. He fervorly denied that the dead could come back to life, calling the man and the woman a mighty lair and pleading with the white-haired man known as Zen that it was simply a trick.

Yes, Umbrella can do tricks like bring the dead back to life!

And I also wanted to facepalm. Softies like him should not be in this situation. They're a tactical disadvantage, putting soldiers' lives in danger, but sometimes this shit happens. At least there's a group of incredibly powerful beings here to protect him so I don't have to constantly watch him so he doesn't die a horrible death by mauling, face being torn off, being beaten by a baton, or whatever else stalks these halls.

@Sen @Crow @Wren

@Rendezvous Point
@Verite @ Others

I overheard the conversation between some mage-type person and one of the co-commanders called Kyoko. There was truth in his words which was much to my disappointment. I was expecting a tougher fight, but this scene was oddly reminiscent of the time when I was lured by Demons and got put to sleep. For whatever reason, I wasn't killed and instead woke up to yet another Demonic Invasion.

Whatever the case, we were still early in this operation.

"AT THIS POINT THERE'S NO USE ON PONDERING THIS! WE MUST PROCEED CAUTIOUSLY AND ATTEMPT TO RECOVER IlONA BEFORE HELL BREAKS LOOSE! PERHAPS WE CAN FIND A TERMINAL THAT HAS ACCESS TO HER LOCATION?"

@Verite @Mason Moretti @Everyone else

After speaking my mind towards the people I deemed necessary to talk to, I saw a familiar chubby man heading to us. He didn't appear harmed whatsoever and I felt some level of excitement of seeing him again. His kindness was certainly a heartwarming break from the usual people I meet like the stonewalling Samuel. In some ways, he reminded me of VEGA. He also still owed me that tea.

"HOLA OLD MAN!" My device beeped out a greeting.

@Yang Lee

D6wy2Sd.png

2QoVNq3.png

Zen scratched his head, not sure what to say. There was a lot he couldn't explain in this world, but one thing was for sure. "You've seen portals and you've even been dragged through one, Bradley-ssi." The man offered a comforting smile, "Anything is possible, believe it or not. These sorts ofplaces are dangerous, that's why you're supposed to stick with me." Umbrella was a force to be reckoned with. If he, a perfect creation of God, could not compared to the magic-fueled members of the Coalition and other organizations, how well was Bradley going to fare?

WyBu5hc.png

Instead, he tried to lighten up the mood. "This is Bradley," he introduced to those he was speaking to earlier. "He's new around these parts and I'm supposed to take care of him." The actor ruffled the boy's hair, "He's very new. But trust me, Bradley-ssi, everything you see - even if it looks like something from a movie - is real. Right, PD-ssi?"

@Crow @Wren @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9

Status
Not open for further replies.