Status
Not open for further replies.
D6wy2Sd.png

"Un...Undead...? What do ya mean b-by...Undead...?" He fought back the urge to hold onto Zen for comfort and, instead, opted to just stare at him intensely as another question and request came from him. "Zen...Is...What? Were those...Actually zombies...? Tell them that...That they aren't..." It was extremely hard for the poor little farm boy to wrap all of this around his head. "This is...Absurd! Ya're a mighty fine liar, I'll tell ya that, but...Bu-but ya can't fool me! Wh-who were they!?" His fists clenched even tighter, nails threatening to break the skin as his head snapped back to the stranger. "There is n-no way someone...Can come ba-back ta life!"

"Zen!" He turned his attention back to the man. "Tell them that...That they're an idiot! They can't ma-make me believe this mumbo-jumbo!" Go easy on the boy. He's been through a lot in the past five minutes. First, he thought he had lost Zen, then he thought that Zen was dead; The gas was still affecting him, too...All of these factored into a hostile little farmer. A light draft blew through the corridor they were in, causing a shiver to grab ahold of Bradley and making him shake just a smidgen. "Gosh...Wh-what in the heck is ev-even happenin', Zen...?"

2QoVNq3.png

Zen scratched his head, not sure what to say. There was a lot he couldn't explain in this world, but one thing was for sure. "You've seen portals and you've even been dragged through one, Bradley-ssi." The man offered a comforting smile, "Anything is possible, believe it or not. These sorts ofplaces are dangerous, that's why you're supposed to stick with me." Umbrella was a force to be reckoned with. If he, a perfect creation of God, could not compared to the magic-fueled members of the Coalition and other organizations, how well was Bradley going to fare?

WyBu5hc.png

Instead, he tried to lighten up the mood. "This is Bradley," he introduced to those he was speaking to earlier. "He's new around these parts and I'm supposed to take care of him." The actor ruffled the boy's hair, "He's very new. But trust me, Bradley-ssi, everything you see - even if it looks like something from a movie - is real. Right, PD-ssi?"

@Crow @Wren @Mason Moretti @LuckycoolHawk9

glXTgGe.webp

"That is correct, Zen. It is also impossible... back where I come from. There is no way someone can come back to life... back where I come from. There is no such thing as impossible when you are scurrying the infinite realms, only impossible by a realm's standards," Madoka states. "This is a world where what is supposedly impossible in your world is possible here. Whether it be necromancy or science - that is a matter for later. Take a few breaths, Bradley. Our break is limited, and you appear to require it. So Bradley, how did you encounter the Coalition anyways?"

@Wren @Sen
"Yes, Kido. Just bursting through the ceiling is a GREAT idea; it's a perfect plan if you want to pop up in the middle of a cluster of zombies. The undead aura I sensed up there is at least 150 times that of the stupid zombie guard over there. So that means that there's 150 of him, or 75 zombies twice as strong as him, or 15 zombies ten times as strong, et cetera, et cetera. You get the picture. Now, as a group we could handle that many zombies at once, but there's just one problem: Ilona."

Mason, having regained a good portion of his strength, stands up so that everyone in the crowd can hear him. "Sure, Madoka could blast all the zombies to pieces with a rocket propelled grenade, but the resulting shockwave could seriously injure Ilona. Sure, Bibi could cast an ice spell to freeze all the zombies, but to do that would catch Ilona in the area of effect. Sure, Little Red Riding Hood could shotgun blast and mow down a large group of zombies, but we don't know Ilona's situation and she might not be capable of avoiding a stray shell. Sure, I could go berserker again and wipe them all out, but that runs the risk of me not being able to calm down my powers before Ilona gets hurt. The point is, we can't go in guns blazing because our goal is to not lose anybody here. No casualties."

Mason turns his attention towards Kyoko. "Miss Kirigiri, you probably have the best inventory on all the abilities held by those present. There are probably also a couple of good tacticians among the group of us that landed on Silent Earth. Do you have any plans or strategies?"

@Rendezvous Point
Aura Inv: [Empty]
Aura Power: 80% and building
Pocket Inv: Aura Guide, Tool Belt

kiri008.png

"...?"

Kyoko had been somewhat out of it for the past few minutes, seemingly pensive in thought over her situation and what she could possibly do to get her and everyone else out of Silent Earth, along with Ilona of course, wherever she was. Initially, she hadn't even noticed Mason until a few seconds after he had finished asking her a question, the young woman blinking as she'd come to face Mason.

kiri013.png

"It's... hard for me to be able to gauge much, given our situation is one where we don't have a lot of intel on, though for now, I'm doing what I can with what I can gather," she would say, continuing to rest her chin on her balled fist, maintaining a thinking pose as she'd speak, "I'll wait a little while longer for the others to regain consciousness and power, and then... We'll see what I decide to do from here."

After that, she'd clear her throat, indicating she wasn't done talking immediately.

"I'm not exactly sure what led you and those two to believe that Ilona is only a few feet up, assuming that we aren't already at the very top already of whatever structure we're inside, though if you happen to have evidence leading you to that conclusion, I'd like to see it," Kyoko began again, gesturing briefly towards Kido and Madoka, before going on again, "But right now, as far as who is the best equipped to fight, protecting the wounded, and drive off enemy forces, or in other words, the tentative Ultimate Trump Card... is him."

And with that, she pointed at Shiki, who was currently being harassed by Anna once again.

Shiki07.png

"H-Hey, get off! P-Personal space, seriously!!" He exclaimed, attempting to push Anna off. He really didn't need to be publicly molested like this, though... maybe it was karma.

Not that he made a habit out of molesting all the girls he knew, at any rate.

Alas, Anna would be unable to find anything in Shiki's pockets. If he had a wallet, he more than likely left it back in the Coalition HQ, perhaps in some locker temporarily assigned to him during his stay at the base. No gold coins for her here, unfortunately.

len12_zps35f4e1ad.png

"... Hm."

Meanwhile, Len only blushed when pecked.

Kyoko, watching from afar, pursed her lips, before clearing her throat and speaking again to Mason. "He's one of the most powerful humans I've ever come across in all the multiverse, a true god of death, and yet, like those who are not corrupted by absolute power, all he absolutely wants is a normal, quiet life."

"The thing is he's too powerful to do anything about trivial matters like being touched all over by our multiversal merchant."

For a moment, Kyoko got deja vu watching Shiki be molested. Something about the sight of a woman dressed in clothing reminiscent of something worn in a fantasy-like world molesting another person for superficial reasons just sort of made her remember something unpleasant.

@DBZ7 @Mason Moretti @Crow @Rendezvous

Stiles was only half-llistening to Kido and Mason going on about why they were here. He guessed that maybe one of the girls he met in Bright Falls was who the man was referring to him.

" I agree with you there, we need to fight for what is right... and save Illona... wait, does anyone else find it strange that we were captured and brought to the exact place we needed to be? I mean, we were imprisoned, then released. Maybe they didn't expect to escape, but they didn't set up guards or anything. It just seems strange to me," Scott said, now that he was thinking about it.

Stiles nodded in agreement.

@Jeremi @Sen @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point

"Evidence? I... I don't..." Mason had no evidence besides what he had felt with his aura. And even that was shaky evidence at best, as it came from him while in Berserk mode. If he could still feel Ilona's aura now, that would be one thing, but all he could sense above him was the aura of the undead, and that news would be no surprise to anyone. It's possible that he did sense Ilona above him, but who knew how far away she could be in this building. They didn't even have scale of how big this building was.

Mason believed that it would be wise to take a moment to think through this situation logically. He would have plenty of time anyway. After all, they weren't being attacked. "Wait... why aren't we being attacked right now?" Mason asks, adding on to Scott's comments.

"We were trapped, but Ocelot was able to break us out. They created a device that can neutralize most of our members, but they gave it to a useless guard. They took away all our weapons, but they didn't take them very far. They created a hidden door that would open to a room of 'powerful' zombies when we freed our friends, but the zombies weren't that powerful and there was evidence that they themselves were being locked away as well, as if they didn't intend for them to get out. They created a hallway with the only way to leave being this door, but I see no attempts at obstructing our path through this door. The evidence isn't in what's there, but what SHOULD be there..."

Mason took another pause to think, then continued, "Every indication that these people are one step ahead of us is immediately shot down by us still succeeding. It's almost as if they're leading us along, having a trail of cookies saying, 'Good job! You're getting closer to finding your friend!' It's absolutely uncanny. I bet that as soon as we open this door, we're only going to see stairs going in one direction."

"The only thing that I can say for certain is above us right now is danger. Your physical evidence there is the lack of guards or zombies in here. The question that remains is whether it's an actual danger, or another false danger to give us a false victory. There are still a few things that bug me, but... That's what I can figure out. Any further thoughts?"

Mason wouldn't bring up what bothered him yet, but among his questions were: Do they have plans to account for everyone's powers? Did they really plan against Mason's? Could they have created a false signal of Ilona's aura? Could they be doing something with Ilona's power? Are they just actually just stupid and poor planners? Did something take out Umbrella so now a bigger threat awaits them? What's the deal with the stun batons? These questions and more flooded Mason's mind.

@Rendezvous Point
@Verite @ Others

WBJfeMo.webp

"I guess so... guess we're taking the stairs, if we can't go the shortcut. Safety over efficiency," Kido pouts, then turns to Kyoko. "Ms Kirigiri, while I don't have evidence, I believe that Mason over here might be able to-"

Kido turns to Mason for a bit, before Mason let out a 'I don't...'

"- on second thought, I have little to nothing to contribute for the time being."

Kyoko then points to Shiki, scratching his head

"Well... he certainly seems strong alright... ehehe..."

glXTgGe.webp

"Do not judge a book by its cover. We should know that well."

"No, I mean, he doesn't look like he's bursting with power, he doesn't look like he's trying to suppress anything..."

FoOwTzy.gif

"That's the rough gist of it so far. You're asking the right questions, but we don't have any clues to go on, so we can't get the right answers in turn," Kyoko nodded in affirmation, furrowing her brow for a moment, "Be ready for anything. It's easy to conclude that we're being toyed with and led along, but the harder part is to prepare for whatever trap they want to spring on us. Expecting the unexpected, as they say, would be the trick."

"I've a few ideas, an occupational habit from being a detective I've developed that I come up with more scenarios than I can recall on hand, but for now, maybe we should just rest. We can speculate and prepare all we want, but nothing will happen if we don't brave forward regardless of what we fear. And we can't let fear overtake us. There only thing to fear is fear itself after all," she continued, crossing her arms.

"Come what may though, I'll make sure we all get through this. Or I'll die trying."

@Mason Moretti

WBJfeMo.webp

"I'll find it nigh impossible to forgive you if you die on us, Ms Kirigiri. I... won't be able to break the news to Nono...."

The child-like Kido's frowny face unleashes a grin with a thumbs up.

"... and I know I won't need to! Nihi~!"

@Verite @Crow @Mason Moretti @Rendezvous Point

Offering the fleeing Shiki a wink, Anna kept her eye on the rich boy and his friend as she continued to cradle Len within her motherly grasp as if she were her own.

"Don't worry hun, you'll get to know me a lot better! Besides, I'm with royalty back home, so no need to worry about not receiving some sort of red carpet treatment, rich boy."

Giggling at Len's reaction, the merchant only squeezed the tiny thing even tighter against her chest.

"See?! This bundle of joy agrees, so I expect to see you soon! Oh, and little Len, you're going to be royalty, dear! Isn't that exciting?!" The excitable mother giggled at the girl in her arms.

@Verite @Kaykay

Last edited by a moderator:
D6wy2Sd.png

"Un...Undead...? What do ya mean b-by...Undead...?" He fought back the urge to hold onto Zen for comfort and, instead, opted to just stare at him intensely as another question and request came from him. "Zen...Is...What? Were those...Actually zombies...? Tell them that...That they aren't..." It was extremely hard for the poor little farm boy to wrap all of this around his head. "This is...Absurd! Ya're a mighty fine liar, I'll tell ya that, but...Bu-but ya can't fool me! Wh-who were they!?" His fists clenched even tighter, nails threatening to break the skin as his head snapped back to the stranger. "There is n-no way someone...Can come ba-back ta life!"

"Zen!" He turned his attention back to the man. "Tell them that...That they're an idiot! They can't ma-make me believe this mumbo-jumbo!" Go easy on the boy. He's been through a lot in the past five minutes. First, he thought he had lost Zen, then he thought that Zen was dead; The gas was still affecting him, too...All of these factored into a hostile little farmer. A light draft blew through the corridor they were in, causing a shiver to grab ahold of Bradley and making him shake just a smidgen. "Gosh...Wh-what in the heck is ev-even happenin', Zen...?"

Bekka60_zpszldrlaax.png

"Yes, the undead is a crazy concept. Let's all forget that we are members of a Coalition that has members from all around the multiverse and who have even more weird powers than just using corpses as weapons." Bekka replied with an annoyed tone at the outburst. "What do you even do here boy?"
@Wren @Sen @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point

Shiki02.png

"A-Ah, Sakuya-san, you're still alright. And no, despite how much she's trying to stick to me like glue, we're not... like that, I swear!" He exclaimed, still attempting to get Anna off at the moment, "If only I didn't mention my mansion and maids, I--GUUAAGH!"

A serious push would meet Anna finally when she'd grab something she shouldn't have grabbed, stumbling away from her and towards Sakuya, almost as though huddling towards her for protection, looking intensely at Anna when she'd talk of... stealing Len and proposing an ultimatum.

"Wait, wait, you can't do that! First off, I barely even know you, so why should I even visit you?! And besides, Len-chan isn't a toy to just bring home! There's no way she'd come back with you. Right, Len?!"

"..."

In response, Len simply gave Shiki a suspicious look.

len11_zpsddac88a2.png

A moment of silence, and then a soft "Humph" sound.

"Are you still mad at me over before?! I told you already, it was just a joke! I definitely would miss you, and more than just because Arcueid would get mad at me!!"

"..."

@DBZ7 @Kaykay
tumblr_inline_mhkqvksVzU1r4ssbx.jpg

"In better shape than you at least, it would seem." She couldn't help but grin at the rather amusing situation, even as she took a small step forward, moving a little between Shiki and Anna in an almost older sister-like way.

"Shouldn't friendships be taken a little bit...hm...slower? Len-chan certainly seems happy enough, though."

In response to Anna apparently living with royalty, Sakuya had to muse aloud.

"Does everyone live it large here?"

@Verite @DBZ7

As an individual more akin to holding in his emotions, Train quieted after a time and said not another word as Silent Earth's fog gripped onto his senses. He fingered the trigger of Hades as he walked after the group, feeling tense from the illusions he was starting to see. The ex-assassin had seen illusions before, but these ones were different. In the past, he had seen illusions of people he hated, Zagine, the man who had killed his parents, and Creed, the man who had killed his best friend. But his visions played not on his long lost need for revenge this time, no, instead they played on something else: his guilt.

tumblr_inline_nl0n4apaGf1r3leyb.png

Under the blanket of fog he passed through, the male could see movement and hear groaning. When he would look, Heartnet would bodies upon bodies of the dead or dying. While he was very used to seeing the dead and this sight normally wouldn't have bothered him in the slightest, these bodies weren't just the corpses of anyone. The dead he viewed were the bodies of every life he had taken as an assassin. Back when he had first taken their lives he felt nothing, but now that he had gained a better understanding of morals, Train knew that his path had been wrong. Chronos, the organization of assassins themselves, had been wrong.

But the past was in the past. There was nothing he could do now to bring back the lives he had taken with Hades. All he could do was make amends for all the lives he had taken by doing what was right. He now used Hades for good. He saved lives and put away criminals--not to mention he felt pretty good about doing it too. For the most part, Train had been rather carefree since he had become a sweeper, feeling as if he was truly making up for what he had done in the past.

Yet, somehow this fog made him feel doubt again. After seeing so many lost lives beneath the foggy blanket, Train remembered just how many people he had killed. There were many, many lives he had taken. So many lives who would never be allowed the freedom Train experienced today all because of a single bullet to the chest from Hades. Even if he saved hundreds or thousands of lives to try and make up for what he had done, Train suddenly didn't feel as if it would be enough. The weight of the world had suddenly returned to his shoulders, making it difficult for him to even walk and catch up with the others.

Using a free hand that wasn't holding onto Hades, Train gripped onto his arm to stop a quiver he could feel running up his muscles.

Damn, I'm shaking. The effect this place is having on me seems to be worse than I thought it would be. I can't lose my head. I have to catch up with the others and keep my mind focused. I can't make this about me. After all, I'm doing this for Princess and Sven.

By the time he would rendezvous with the others the sweeper looked a bit worse for wear. He took a seat somewhere on the ground and closed his gold eyes, waiting until their group had orders again.

tumblr_inline_nl0kowcs2P1r3leyb.png

I'm starting to think joining the Coalition was a bad idea. Suddenly, I'm caught up in some war over a situation I didn't even intend to be a part of. I just wanted to find out what happened to Eve, but they're too busy with this Umbrella Corporation and their blonde ticking time bomb to even answer me when I ask for their help. Kyoko didn't even have time to listen to a single damn word I had to say before...

Unable to help it, the effects of the fog had actually impacted his mood as well. Train felt edgy, frustrated, and almost as if he just wanted to go back home. This Coalition was really pissing him off.

So he kept to himself for the time being, hoping just to be left alone.

@Anybody @Rendezvous Point​

As an individual more akin to holding in his emotions, Train quieted after a time and said not another word as Silent Earth's fog gripped onto his senses. He fingered the trigger of Hades as he walked after the group, feeling tense from the illusions he was starting to see. The ex-assassin had seen illusions before, but these ones were different. In the past, he had seen illusions of people he hated, Zagine, the man who had killed his parents, and Creed, the man who had killed his best friend. But his visions played not on his long lost need for revenge this time, no, instead they played on something else: his guilt.

tumblr_inline_nl0n4apaGf1r3leyb.png

Under the blanket of fog he passed through, the male could see movement and hear groaning. When he would look, Heartnet would bodies upon bodies of the dead or dying. While he was very used to seeing the dead and this sight normally wouldn't have bothered him in the slightest, these bodies weren't just the corpses of anyone. The dead he viewed were the bodies of every life he had taken as an assassin. Back when he had first taken their lives he felt nothing, but now that he had gained a better understanding of morals, Train knew that his path had been wrong. Chronos, the organization of assassins themselves, had been wrong.

But the past was in the past. There was nothing he could do now to bring back the lives he had taken with Hades. All he could do was make amends for all the lives he had taken by doing what was right. He now used Hades for good. He saved lives and put away criminals--not to mention he felt pretty good about doing it too. For the most part, Train had been rather carefree since he had become a sweeper, feeling as if he was truly making up for what he had done in the past.

Yet, somehow this fog made him feel doubt again. After seeing so many lost lives beneath the foggy blanket, Train remembered just how many people he had killed. There were many, many lives he had taken. So many lives who would never be allowed the freedom Train experienced today all because of a single bullet to the chest from Hades. Even if he saved hundreds or thousands of lives to try and make up for what he had done, Train suddenly didn't feel as if it would be enough. The weight of the world had suddenly returned to his shoulders, making it difficult for him to even walk and catch up with the others.

Using a free hand that wasn't holding onto Hades, Train gripped onto his arm to stop a quiver he could feel running up his muscles.

Damn, I'm shaking. The effect this place is having on me seems to be worse than I thought it would be. I can't lose my head. I have to catch up with the others and keep my mind focused. I can't make this about me. After all, I'm doing this for Princess and Sven.

By the time he would rendezvous with the others the sweeper looked a bit worse for wear. He took a seat somewhere on the ground and closed his gold eyes, waiting until their group had orders again.

tumblr_inline_nl0kowcs2P1r3leyb.png

I'm starting to think joining the Coalition was a bad idea. Suddenly, I'm caught up in some war over a situation I didn't even intend to be a part of. I just wanted to find out what happened to Eve, but they're too busy with this Umbrella Corporation and their blonde ticking time bomb to even answer me when I ask for their help. Kyoko didn't even have time to listen to a single damn word I had to say before...

Unable to help it, the effects of the fog had actually impacted his mood as well. Train felt edgy, frustrated, and almost as if he just wanted to go back home. This Coalition was really pissing him off.

So he kept to himself for the time being, hoping just to be left alone.

@Anybody @Rendezvous Point​
Artyom had remained silent as his group returned to the rendezvous point to wait for orders. It was strange, during the fight with the Crimson Heads, Artyom couldn't help but feel...sad. It was strange, why was he sad? Was he sad because he missed home, or was he sad because he had to kill an enemy he didn't fully understand? Most people wouldn't think twice when killing something they deemed a threat to their safety. That's how The Order felt about The Dark Ones, a strange race of creatures that humanity didn't fully understand. The Order didn't bother to get to know The Dark Ones, they killed them....no, he killed them. He was the one who launched the nuclear missiles from D6 and watched as they were burnt alive, their pained screams echoing in his ears.

It was strange, it seemed like the more he stayed in this place, the more he was reminded of home. The oppression, the darkness, the...hopelessness. Maybe that was why he felt sadness creep it's way in. While it may had been justified to kill them, it didn't give Artyom comfort to kill a creature that was once somebody's brother, or father, or mother, or wife, or even husband. At one point, a Crimson Head was possibly a person with name, hopes and dreams, and fears as well. The fact that he felt nothing when he killed them...disturbed him, it was the same feeling he had when he killed The Dark Ones, a race of beings that The Order didn't understand, that he didn't understand.

Artyom noticed Train sitting all by his lonesome, shrugging to himself, Artyom walked over and plopped down next to Train, might as well just relax until they got new orders.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Rendezvous Group

Artyom had remained silent as his group returned to the rendezvous point to wait for orders. It was strange, during the fight with the Crimson Heads, Artyom couldn't help but feel...sad. It was strange, why was he sad? Was he sad because he missed home, or was he sad because he had to kill an enemy he didn't fully understand? Most people wouldn't think twice when killing something they deemed a threat to their safety. That's how The Order felt about The Dark Ones, a strange race of creatures that humanity didn't fully understand. The Order didn't bother to get to know The Dark Ones, they killed them....no, he killed them. He was the one who launched the nuclear missiles from D6 and watched as they were burnt alive, their pained screams echoing in his ears.

It was strange, it seemed like the more he stayed in this place, the more he was reminded of home. The oppression, the darkness, the...hopelessness. Maybe that was why he felt sadness creep it's way in. While it may had been justified to kill them, it didn't give Artyom comfort to kill a creature that was once somebody's brother, or father, or mother, or wife, or even husband. At one point, a Crimson Head was possibly a person with name, hopes and dreams, and fears as well. The fact that he felt nothing when he killed them...disturbed him, it was the same feeling he had when he killed The Dark Ones, a race of beings that The Order didn't understand, that he didn't understand.

Artyom noticed Train sitting all by his lonesome, shrugging to himself, Artyom walked over and plopped down next to Train, might as well just relax until they got new orders.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Rendezvous Group
tumblr_inline_nl0laxWJaD1r3leyb.png

When Arty took a seat next to him, Train didn't bother to spare him a glance. He did, however, acknowledge that he was there. "Something on your mind?" the male asked, his tone sounding a bit curt. While waiting for a response, he twirled his pistol between his fingers while wishing he was anywhere but here right now. He felt caged. He just wanted to go home.

@Nater Taters @Anybody​

When Arty took a seat next to him, Train didn't bother to spare him a glance. He did, however, acknowledge that he was there. "Something on your mind?" the male asked, his tone sounding a bit curt. While waiting for a response, he twirled his pistol between his fingers while wishing he was anywhere but here right now. He felt caged. He just wanted to go home.

@Nater Taters @Anybody​
Artyom shot a quick glance over at Train, before returning to look straight ahead. "I guess you could say that....I have a lot on my mind right now. Don't think you would wanna hear what I have to say though, it's pretty grim." He said flatly, he was tempted to ask Train the same question though

Stiles looked at everyone around him and he considered what he wanted to say next. Scott had brought up a great point and he shrugged. " It wouldn't be my first time walking into a trap, far be it from the last. I just hope that none of us die, but knowing our luck, someone is going too. I guess we can only hope for the best," he said. He had been wondering about other things, he didn't dare say.

What is taking the rest of them so long? Are they dead?

@Wren @Sen @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Jeremi @Rendezvous Point

@Nater Taters @Anybody​

Artyom shot a quick glance over at Train, before returning to look straight ahead. "I guess you could say that....I have a lot on my mind right now. Don't think you would wanna hear what I have to say though, it's pretty grim." He said flatly, he was tempted to ask Train the same question though

Mason, returning finally to full strength, sits down next to Artyom, creating an Artyom sandwich with Train-Mason bread. "C'mon, Arty. Choo-Choo Train and I can handle it. It's not like we have much else to do until our fearless leader Mr. Naegi and company arrive. You can't let all your problems build up. Friends are there to help you with your problems. You'll have to be honest with us eventually," Mason says with a pinch of condescension and a pint of hypocrisy.

@Rendezvous
Aura Inv: [Empty]
Aura Power: Restored to 100%
Pocket Inv: Aura Guide, Tool Belt

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mason Moretti @Nater Taters

Reactions: Nater Taters
Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Once everyone had been gathered at the rendezvous point, the rest of the hostages recovered along with the equipment stolen from everyone by Umbrella being returned, Kyoko would stand in front of everyone, taking an authoritative stand as she'd make her statement, intending to lead the group and keep them unified, unlike before.

Of those still knocked out, Commander Shepard was first to awake. Her eyes fluttered open and she groggily shrugged out of the grip of those that had been supporting her. She needed a moment to gather herself, but it didn't take long for the woman to listen to a quick explanation and know exactly what was up. She was a woman of action, after all.

LjzHDEI.png

"I'll help you manage here, Captain-Commander."

She gave Kieran a reassuring nod before barking out orders like the seasoned commander she was. One would find it hard to believe she'd just spent a significant time unconscious with how she herded the group. "Get into formation and put those who can't fight in the middle! Once we rush those doors, there's no telling what will hit us."

"Okay, everyone. I don't know what Umbrella has planned for us, why we were brought here, or where Ilona is, but we don't have time to stand around and think over it. Not while she might be getting tortured or having her power exploited somewhere else," the young woman said, turning around and beginning to walk, leading the group forward towards the end of the hall.

"Be ready for anything. This all... seems too easy. They have to be setting up some sort of trap somewhere to spring onto us," she would continue warily.

"Might I remind you, I couldn't get past the door that leads outside this hall, and it doesn't look like any of the guards in here had the means to open the door. It's been hermetically sealed to keep people like us from getting out," Ocelot would speak up, following her and the rest of the group, "Whatever they want us here for, maybe they wanted us to hope that we were getting out, tricking us into thinking we could get out of here with something that a guard would have had on them."

Without stopping or wavering, Kyoko replied in turn, eyes filled with determination.

"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? The answer is quite simply... one party has to surrender. And I won't ever surrender."

With that, the group would continue navigating their way through the empty hall, the effects of the mist slowly but surely wearing off as everyone would slowly manage to get their powers back, before they would be stopped by the aforementioned, unlockable door that stood in their way. Even from a quick glance, it was easy to assume that the door was a sturdy one, and even though everyone's powers had been returning slowly, no one was in a state of getting through it.

Except one person.

d8d95708306941ebab6a1756839810a7.png

Not even a knob or any buttons to open the door with.

Ritsuko would sigh, pocketing her hands as they'd all come to a stop, looking at Kyoko with some irritation. "Alright, then, leader. How do you propose we get past this ordeal? Or did you not consider the reality when making such a cool little speech?"

"I'm not a reckless person, Ms. Akagi. I'm aware of what I said, and I stand by it. After all, there's always a way past the unbeatable. If we don't have a way past this, we'll make a way. Wouldn't you agree... Tohno, was it?" Kyoko would respond, glancing over at Shiki.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

Shiki had already been in the process of removing his glasses when Kyoko would pose a question to him. The young man would give Kyoko a nod, drawing his knife, the only item of value that had been put in the Storage Room, later recovered, when everyone had been captured by Umbrella.

"Way ahead of you."

Pocketing his glasses now, his eyes, once a dull grey, were filled with a vibrant indigo. His pupils shone with an ironic light that indicated life. For his eyes were the very essence of death.

Though nothing seemed to change from everyone else's point of view, the world shifted for Shiki. Everything and everyone, from his perspective, had changed. Red, pulsating lines and dots formed all over his vision. Lines and points that, when traced or stabbed, fulfilled the "death" that they symbolized, no matter how powerful they might be on the outside. With these eyes, an artillery tank could be downed with nothing more than a writing pen, if not one's own fingers.

The indestructible door was no exception to the fate of death.

kUWGiMB.png

Without missing a beat, Shiki dashed towards the door and swung his knife at the door repeatedly. From everyone else's point of view, it looked like he was randomly scratching at the door with his knife, and one might even call him crazy for expecting something to happen if they weren't aware of his power. Yet, sure enough...

Before long, the door fell apart piece by piece, exactly by the patterns that Shiki had cut it apart with. Each piece of the door would fall to the ground with loud thuds, the entire door itself likely having been hundreds of not thousands of pounds. With a breath, the young man would take out his glasses and put them on again, shaking his head briefly, as if to shake away the lines he had seen before.

WLsWybI.png

"Well, then... We should get going. Shall we?"

"Good work," Kyoko simply said with a nod, before moving forward as suggested, Shiki and Len following her when she would move past them.

However... Even for those anticipating a trap somewhere along the line, no one would be able to anticipate what had been waiting for them in the very next room...

The room beyond was nothing special. Just a blank room with metallic grey walls that was just about big enough to fit the entire group. In fact, its size seemed so perfect, that Shepard quickly felt something was wrong. "Wait, let's leave some back, just in case--"

The woman was cut off by the booming sound of some kind of explosion. A gust of hot air blew those who lingered in the hallway forward, flinging them into the room ahead. The entrance that had been cut open by Shiki was covered by a heavy metal shutter, as if it had been expected of him to have cut through the first door.

"Shiki, can you--!" Makoto began to cry, but he was drowned out by a loud droning sound. Panels in the wall lowered to reveal that the source of the sound were a number of fans that began pumping a mist into the room. There was no time to do anything, as the lingering effects of the fog from outside ensured full exposure to this second round of mist. Not only would those with powers feel it all slip away, but even the most mundane of the group would feel their entire body beginning to shut down. One could barely hold their eyes open as...

More panels in the wall slid open to reveal what appeared to be flamethrowers. They covered every wall of the room, nozzles flickering with flame, ready to burn the group alive.

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

The heat was almost impossible to bear, and they flames had yet to even start up. It was only a matter of time now.

... If not for what could only be divine intervention, anyway. Visible streaks of bright electricity flashed from above, coursing down through the walls to shut off both the fans and the flamethrowers. They receded into the wall and the room instantly became cooler as a result.

The divine electricity wasn't done yet, for it then danced around the room, jumping through the fog to dissipate it. It seemed to reinvigorate everyone it passed, removing them of their grogginess and allowing them once again to access their powers.

Once the fog was gone, there was a great cry from a woman in the group.

ZzCwPiQ.png

Channeling lightning between her hands, one might think it was Morrigan who had saved them, but the more observant would know she had still been unconscious when the electricity had shut off the fans.

Morrigan shot the built up magic forward, slamming it into the shutter at the opposite side of the room. It collapsed and was blown backward by the blast, revealing a new hallway beyond.

The mage let out a heavy sigh before she spoke. "Whatever the source of that miraculous recovery, let's not dawdle in this death trap of a room." Shepard quickly agreed and began ushering the group into the next hallway. It wasn't until they came to what appeared to be an empty common room that they stopped once again.

"What is our purpose here?" Morrigan asked no one in particular. "To die? To suffer? I may have only just awoken, but I have to question their motives. 'Twould have been far easier to kill us when they had the chance."

"I don't really care," Kieran said with some degree of annoyance. "We just need to get Ilona and get out of here."

"There could be more trapped... not just Ilona. Other Coalition members."

"Hold on, someone mind telling me what's the plan once we save her? You still arguing what to do with her?"

"Uh... well--"

"Ritsuko's not laying a hand on her, that's for sure."

icdVaTg.gif

"This is hardly the time for that! And besides, what would you have me do, let even more people die while you deliberately let power like that go unchecked?!" Ritsuko would snap at Kieran irritably, facing his direction with an angry expression on her face.

"Do I really have to remind you all that three people died when she lost control, and we were lucky it was only three! But next time, it could be six, and then thirty, and then three hundred! That blood would be on your hands, and unless you turn away from the gravity of the situation, I doubt you would be able to handle that burden on your shoulders."

Practically sliding in between Kieran and Ritsuko, the latter of the two marching right over to his direction, Kyoko would give the older woman a fiery look, the blonde stopping in her tracks as the two of them would practically stare each other down for an uncomfortable moment, before Kyoko would speak her piece.

kiri022.png

"She is under our protection. And it will remain that way for as long as we deem it necessary."

Hardly fazed by Kyoko's bravado, Ritsuko would clash with the Ultimate Detective, looking down at her like a child.

"So confident in your power... But a lot of things have changed since you've been gone, Miss Kirigiri. I'm afraid that if we can't reach a compromise that yields a satisfactory result... then we cannot continue to cooperate together."

"And just what might you be suggesting?"

"I think you can figure that one out, detective. Or should your friend Naegi spell it out to you? You seem to understand words better when he says them, after all. One could almost think..."

Makoto looked helplessly between the two women, realizing he had to say something to quell the growing tension. Now that the danger had passed, it seemed everyone was reverting back to their earlier tension.

aXJ3Cpm.png

"K-Kyoko... I understand how you feel, but we can't make such claims. Once Ilona is saved, then we can continue this discussion."

"I think it's very clear both you and Ritsuko plan to whisk her away once this is over," Kieran said gruffly, stepping forward so that he was staring defiantly at Makoto. "There won't be a discussion, because why would you both? I don't think I should help you here."

Makoto looked back at his friend with some degree of hurt evident on his face. "... You don't want to work together? We're in the enemy stronghold. We're in danger."

"And maybe the last thing they expect is for us to split up. Makoto, I trust you enough to be safe without me, so this isn't me saying I want you to get hurt. I would just rather, that when we acquire Ilona... that you and Ritsuko not be there. Anyone who agrees with me... join the Captain-Commander's side!"

Kieran stepped away to one side of the room, waiting for those sympathetic to his values follow through. Makoto stared at him, recognizing the reality of the situation. With his shoulders set straight, he defiantly moved to stand at the other side of the room, opposite Kieran.

"So be it."

Cosmo looked at Makoto, then to Kieran. Shaking his head, Cosmo made his way to Makoto's side. "It sadden Cosmo that it comes to this. Makoto is right. Cosmo is with him."

Morrigan let out a sigh. "I don't desire to get in the middle of your petty squabbles, however..." The woman stepped toward Kieran, deciding to take his side. "There's no debate that Ilona is special. Unique magic such as hers... should not be stored away."

Without a word, Kyoko stepped from in front of Kieran to over at his side. Other members stood uncomfortably still at first, before their decisions were made. Shiki and Len also stepped to Kieran's and Kyoko's side, while Ocelot wordlessly sided with Makoto and Ritsuko. One by one, the group began to split, dividing into two groups.

Carissa furrowed her brow, crossing her arms as she'd look somewhat disapprovingly at Morrigan, her ally and fellow MEU representative. "Honestly... Are we not above this? I refuse to allow this group to separate! This is hardly the time to--"

"Strategically, I think splitting up is a more sound tactic," Ocelot would interject, "We can cover more ground while looking for Ilona, divide our forces evenly as to not become too vulnerable, and in the event that one group is captured, the other is at least still out there and able to act," he added, crossing his arms, before clearing his throat, looking at Kieran and the others that took his side somewhat judgmentally, before speaking again, "And besides... We maintain better cooperation within the group that way."

Carissa grit her teeth, conflicted by Ocelot's words, before complying and walking over to Makoto's side, looking at Morrigan. "I'm... sorry, Morrigan, but that power is too dangerous to even risk letting free. You saw what it did to the headquarters..."

Looking at the rest of those who had yet to choose, Ritsuko cleared her throat.

"Well? What about the rest of you? Whose side are you on then?"

There was no third party to form. No neutrality to declare. The intense glares of others waited eagerly for sides to be chosen in order for progress to be made.

Who do you choose to side with?

Continued here.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Wren as Bradley Martin Holland (OC)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@Archwar as Doomguy (Doom)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@dark as Jak (Jak and Daxter)
@Krieg as Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Chewy Rabbits as Nemo and Astaroth (Murder Series)
@Raven as Piper Wright (Fallout)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@C.T. as Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada (Overwatch)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@pubbbb as Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama (Mob Psycho 100)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
@Yang Lee as Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Once everyone had been gathered at the rendezvous point, the rest of the hostages recovered along with the equipment stolen from everyone by Umbrella being returned, Kyoko would stand in front of everyone, taking an authoritative stand as she'd make her statement, intending to lead the group and keep them unified, unlike before.

Of those still knocked out, Commander Shepard was first to awake. Her eyes fluttered open and she groggily shrugged out of the grip of those that had been supporting her. She needed a moment to gather herself, but it didn't take long for the woman to listen to a quick explanation and know exactly what was up. She was a woman of action, after all.

LjzHDEI.png

She gave Kieran a reassuring nod before barking out orders like the seasoned commander she was. One would find it hard to believe she'd just spent a significant time unconscious with how she herded the group. "Get into formation and put those who can't fight in the middle! Once we rush those doors, there's no telling what will hit us."

"Okay, everyone. I don't know what Umbrella has planned for us, why we were brought here, or where Ilona is, but we don't have time to stand around and think over it. Not while she might be getting tortured or having her power exploited somewhere else," the young woman said, turning around and beginning to walk, leading the group forward towards the end of the hall.

"Be ready for anything. This all... seems too easy. They have to be setting up some sort of trap somewhere to spring onto us," she would continue warily.

"Might I remind you, I couldn't get past the door that leads outside this hall, and it doesn't look like any of the guards in here had the means to open the door. It's been hermetically sealed to keep people like us from getting out," Ocelot would speak up, following her and the rest of the group, "Whatever they want us here for, maybe they wanted us to hope that we were getting out, tricking us into thinking we could get out of here with something that a guard would have had on them."

Without stopping or wavering, Kyoko replied in turn, eyes filled with determination.

"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? The answer is quite simply... one party has to surrender. And I won't ever surrender."

With that, the group would continue navigating their way through the empty hall, the effects of the mist slowly but surely wearing off as everyone would slowly manage to get their powers back, before they would be stopped by the aforementioned, unlockable door that stood in their way. Even from a quick glance, it was easy to assume that the door was a sturdy one, and even though everyone's powers had been returning slowly, no one was in a state of getting through it.

Except one person.

Ritsuko would sigh, pocketing her hands as they'd all come to a stop, looking at Kyoko with some irritation. "Alright, then, leader. How do you propose we get past this ordeal? Or did you not consider the reality when making such a cool little speech?"

"I'm not a reckless person, Ms. Akagi. I'm aware of what I said, and I stand by it. After all, there's always a way past the unbeatable. If we don't have a way past this, we'll make a way. Wouldn't you agree... Tohno, was it?" Kyoko would respond, glancing over at Shiki.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

Shiki had already been in the process of removing his glasses when Kyoko would pose a question to him. The young man would give Kyoko a nod, drawing his knife, the only item of value that had been put in the Storage Room, later recovered, when everyone had been captured by Umbrella.

"Way ahead of you."

Pocketing his glasses now, his eyes, once a dull grey, were filled with a vibrant indigo. His pupils shone with an ironic light that indicated life. For his eyes were the very essence of death.

Though nothing seemed to change from everyone else's point of view, the world shifted for Shiki. Everything and everyone, from his perspective, had changed. Red, pulsating lines and dots formed all over his vision. Lines and points that, when traced or stabbed, fulfilled the "death" that they symbolized, no matter how powerful they might be on the outside. With these eyes, an artillery tank could be downed with nothing more than a writing pen, if not one's own fingers.

kUWGiMB.png

Without missing a beat, Shiki dashed towards the door and swung his knife at the door repeatedly. From everyone else's point of view, it looked like he was randomly scratching at the door with his knife, and one might even call him crazy for expecting something to happen if they weren't aware of his power. Yet, sure enough...

Before long, the door fell apart piece by piece, exactly by the patterns that Shiki had cut it apart with. Each piece of the door would fall to the ground with loud thuds, the entire door itself likely having been hundreds of not thousands of pounds. With a breath, the young man would take out his glasses and put them on again, shaking his head briefly, as if to shake away the lines he had seen before.

WLsWybI.png

"Good work," Kyoko simply said with a nod, before moving forward as suggested, Shiki and Len following her when she would move past them.

However... Even for those anticipating a trap somewhere along the line, no one would be able to anticipate what had been waiting for them in the very next room...

The room beyond was nothing special. Just a blank room with metallic grey walls that was just about big enough to fit the entire group. In fact, its size seemed so perfect, that Shepard quickly felt something was wrong. "Wait, let's leave some back, just in case--"

The woman was cut off by the booming sound of some kind of explosion. A gust of hot air blew those who lingered in the hallway forward, flinging them into the room ahead. The entrance that had been cut open by Shiki was covered by a heavy metal shutter, as if it had been expected of him to have cut through the first door.

"Shiki, can you--!" Makoto began to cry, but he was drowned out by a loud droning sound. Panels in the wall lowered to reveal that the source of the sound were a number of fans that began pumping a mist into the room. There was no time to do anything, as the lingering effects of the fog from outside ensured full exposure to this second round of mist. Not only would those with powers feel it all slip away, but even the most mundane of the group would feel their entire body beginning to shut down. One could barely hold their eyes open as...

More panels in the wall slid open to reveal what appeared to be flamethrowers. They covered every wall of the room, nozzles flickering with flame, ready to burn the group alive.

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

The heat was almost impossible to bear, and they flames had yet to even start up. It was only a matter of time now.

... If not for what could only be divine intervention, anyway. Visible streaks of bright electricity flashed from above, coursing down through the walls to shut off both the fans and the flamethrowers. They receded into the wall and the room instantly became cooler as a result.

The divine electricity wasn't done yet, for it then danced around the room, jumping through the fog to dissipate it. It seemed to reinvigorate everyone it passed, removing them of their grogginess and allowing them once again to access their powers.

ZzCwPiQ.png

Channeling lightning between her hands, one might think it was Morrigan who had saved them, but the more observant would know she had still been unconscious when the electricity had shut off the fans.

Morrigan shot the built up magic forward, slamming it into the shutter at the opposite side of the room. It collapsed and was blown backward by the blast, revealing a new hallway beyond.

The mage let out a heavy sigh before she spoke. "Whatever the source of that miraculous recovery, let's not dawdle in this death trap of a room." Shepard quickly agreed and began ushering the group into the next hallway. It wasn't until they came to what appeared to be an empty common room that they stopped once again.

"What is our purpose here?" Morrigan asked no one in particular. "To die? To suffer? I may have only just awoken, but I have to question their motives. 'Twould have been far easier to kill us when they had the chance."

"I don't really care," Kieran said with some degree of annoyance. "We just need to get Ilona and get out of here."

"Hold on, someone mind telling me what's the plan once we save her? You still arguing what to do with her?"

"Uh... well--"

icdVaTg.gif

"This is hardly the time for that! And besides, what would you have me do, let even more people die while you deliberately let power like that go unchecked?!" Ritsuko would snap at Kieran irritably, facing his direction with an angry expression on her face.

"Do I really have to remind you all that three people died when she lost control, and we were lucky it was only three! But next time, it could be six, and then thirty, and then three hundred! That blood would be on your hands, and unless you turn away from the gravity of the situation, I doubt you would be able to handle that burden on your shoulders."

Practically sliding in between Kieran and Ritsuko, the latter of the two marching right over to his direction, Kyoko would give the older woman a fiery look, the blonde stopping in her tracks as the two of them would practically stare each other down for an uncomfortable moment, before Kyoko would speak her piece.

kiri022.png

"She is under our protection. And it will remain that way for as long as we deem it necessary."

Hardly fazed by Kyoko's bravado, Ritsuko would clash with the Ultimate Detective, looking down at her like a child.

"So confident in your power... But a lot of things have changed since you've been gone, Miss Kirigiri. I'm afraid that if we can't reach a compromise that yields a satisfactory result... then we cannot continue to cooperate together."

"I think you can figure that one out, detective. Or should your friend Naegi spell it out to you? You seem to understand words better when he says them, after all. One could almost think..."

Makoto looked helplessly between the two women, realizing he had to say something to quell the growing tension. Now that the danger had passed, it seemed everyone was reverting back to their earlier tension.

aXJ3Cpm.png

"K-Kyoko... I understand how you feel, but we can't make such claims. Once Ilona is saved, then we can continue this discussion."

"I think it's very clear both you and Ritsuko plan to whisk her away once this is over," Kieran said gruffly, stepping forward so that he was staring defiantly at Makoto. "There won't be a discussion, because why would you both? I don't think I should help you here."

Makoto looked back at his friend with some degree of hurt evident on his face. "... You don't want to work together? We're in the enemy stronghold. We're in danger."

"And maybe the last thing they expect is for us to split up. Makoto, I trust you enough to be safe without me, so this isn't me saying I want you to get hurt. I would just rather, that when we acquire Ilona... that you and Ritsuko not be there. Anyone who agrees with me... join the Captain-Commander's side!"

Kieran stepped away to one side of the room, waiting for those sympathetic to his values follow through. Makoto stared at him, recognizing the reality of the situation. With his shoulders set straight, he defiantly moved to stand at the other side of the room, opposite Kieran.

"So be it."

Cosmo looked at Makoto, then to Kieran. Shaking his head, Cosmo made his way to Makoto's side. "It sadden Cosmo that it comes to this. Makoto is right. Cosmo is with him."

Morrigan let out a sigh. "I don't desire to get in the middle of your petty squabbles, however..." The woman stepped toward Kieran, deciding to take his side. "There's no debate that Ilona is special. Unique magic such as hers... should not be stored away."

Without a word, Kyoko stepped from in front of Kieran to over at his side. Other members stood uncomfortably still at first, before their decisions were made. Shiki and Len also stepped to Kieran's and Kyoko's side, while Ocelot wordlessly sided with Makoto and Ritsuko. One by one, the group began to split, dividing into two groups.

Carissa furrowed her brow, crossing her arms as she'd look somewhat disapprovingly at Morrigan, her ally and fellow MEU representative. "Honestly... Are we not above this? I refuse to allow this group to separate! This is hardly the time to--"

"Strategically, I think splitting up is a more sound tactic," Ocelot would interject, "We can cover more ground while looking for Ilona, divide our forces evenly as to not become too vulnerable, and in the event that one group is captured, the other is at least still out there and able to act," he added, crossing his arms, before clearing his throat, looking at Kieran and the others that took his side somewhat judgmentally, before speaking again, "And besides... We maintain better cooperation within the group that way."

Carissa grit her teeth, conflicted by Ocelot's words, before complying and walking over to Makoto's side, looking at Morrigan. "I'm... sorry, Morrigan, but that power is too dangerous to even risk letting free. You saw what it did to the headquarters..."

There was no third party to form. No neutrality to declare. The intense glares of others waited eagerly for sides to be chosen in order for progress to be made.

Cast List
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
Without a moment's hesitation, the bartender was moving to Kieran's side with a resolute look in his eyes. His position had been and still was with keeping Ilona both safe and free from Ritsuko, a woman who wasn't above underhanded backstabbing to get her way.

072.png

"Like I'd let someone like the doctor take Ilona and seal her away. What the hell are you even going to do to her, huh? Scientists like you, who go behind your own leader's back to get your way... You ain't got any morals holding you back, do you? Whatever you think is 'for the best' is worth whatever the cost, even labeling people monsters and dangers to everyone when we're still not sure about all the details in an incident..."

"And if Ilona's locked up, I can only wonder if you and Makoto will stop with her or if you'll keep this sort of shit up, locking up people because you don't trust their powers or even to shut them up. I hope to god the boss here," His head nodded towards Robin, noting who he thought of as his leader, "Locks you up or kicks you out of your position for going behind all of our backs, because you clearly can't be trusted with Ilona's or any of ours interests."

With that, Shizuo fell silent, watching the others make their decision without judging them.

There was no hesitation. Without explanation or word, Saber Alter and Lucifer stood by Morrigan.

Before Lucifer spoke.

"Saber?"

She glanced at him and Lucifer gestured.

"Protect them."

Saber looked uncomprehending before her eyes widened. With a nod of understanding, she moved over to Makoto and his faction as Lucifer spoke.

"We may disagree, but the moment we devolve into squabbling, we may as well dissolve all we've worked for. I refuse to condemn a child for what she cannot help...But I will not let those I've fought alongside, go unprotected. Saber Alter?"

"Master." The Black Knight stood straighter as she was addressed.

"To what extent may I perform my duties?"

"You may indulge yourself."

A savage grin flashed over the visible mouth and Saber swung her sword in hand idly as she laughed with dark merriment.

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Krieg @Crow
@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb

There was no hesitation. Without explanation or word, Saber Alter and Lucifer stood by Morrigan.

Before Lucifer spoke.

"Saber?"

"Protect them."

Saber looked uncomprehending before her eyes widened. With a nod of understanding, she moved over to Makoto and his faction as Lucifer spoke.

"We may not disagree, but the moment we devolve into squabbling, we may as well dissolve all we've worked for. I refuse to condemn a child for what she cannot help...But I will not let those I've fought alongside, go unprotected. Saber Alter?"

A savage grin flashed over the visible mouth and Saber swung her sword in hand idly as she laughed with dark merriment.

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Krieg @Crow
@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb
"Glad to know you've got the right idea, priest..."

Shizuo muttered for Lucifer alone to hear. While not religious himself, the bartender could guess that a lot of people would have faith in the man's views and see Ilona's freedom as the right choice.

@Ringmaster

"Glad to know you've got the right idea, priest..."

Shizuo muttered for Lucifer alone to hear. While not religious himself, the bartender could guess that a lot of people would have faith in the man's views and see Ilona's freedom as the right choice.

@Ringmaster
"Should we fall to squabbling, the laughter of Mordor shall be our only reward."

He quoted quietly in turn to Shizuo.

"And in this case, it may prove deadly to us all.

@The Tactician

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

LjzHDEI.png

Except one person.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

"Way ahead of you."

kUWGiMB.png

WLsWybI.png

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

ZzCwPiQ.png

"Uh... well--"

icdVaTg.gif

kiri022.png

aXJ3Cpm.png

"So be it."

Cast List

Without a moment's hesitation, the bartender was moving to Kieran's side with a resolute look in his eyes. His position had been and still was with keeping Ilona both safe and free from Ritsuko, a woman who wasn't above underhanded backstabbing to get her way.

072.png

"Like I'd let someone like the doctor take Ilona and seal her away. What the hell are you even going to do to her, huh? Scientists like you, who go behind your own leader's back to get your way... You ain't got any morals holding you back, do you? Whatever you think is 'for the best' is worth whatever the cost, even labeling people monsters and dangers to everyone when we're still not sure about all the details in an incident..."

"And if Ilona's locked up, I can only wonder if you and Makoto will stop with her or if you'll keep this sort of shit up, locking up people because you don't trust their powers or even to shut them up. I hope to god the boss here," His head nodded towards Robin, noting who he thought of as his leader, "Locks you up or kicks you out of your position for going behind all of our backs, because you clearly can't be trusted with Ilona's or any of ours interests."

With that, Shizuo fell silent, watching the others make their decision without judging them.

Before Lucifer spoke.

"Saber?"

"Protect them."

"We may disagree, but the moment we devolve into squabbling, we may as well dissolve all we've worked for. I refuse to condemn a child for what she cannot help...But I will not let those I've fought alongside, go unprotected. Saber Alter?"

Lang didn't even bother waiting to stand by Makoto, staring at the other side with a bit of disdain.

latest

"Lang Zi's Philosophy of Detainment has been used by my family for generations, and it's situations like this that make it obvious why it should be. Because Ilona went unchecked, in the span of one day we lost three lives, a high profile criminal escaped from his cell, and now not only are we in more danger here, Ilona is too. Ever stop to consider that? She's trapped here somewhere, God only knows what Umbrella is doing to her. If she were properly supervised none of this would have happened."

@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb

Mason makes his way over to Kieran and Kyoko's group. He holds more respect for them as leaders and feels strongky against imprisoning Ilona. Ilona is his friend, at least that's how he feels, and he believed that imprisoning one's friends and allies is not a viable solution.

As well, he worries of becoming locked up himself. He has clearly demonstrated that his powers are not always under his control, and by Makoto's values, he would be forced to give them up for others' safety. Mason believes that, left unchecked, Makoto's values will create a Coalition where nobody has the power to defend against the true enemies.

He makes eye contact with Kyoko, showing his determination towards joining her side.

@Team Kirigiri
@Verite @Mason Moretti @The Tactician

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

LjzHDEI.png

Except one person.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

"Way ahead of you."

kUWGiMB.png

WLsWybI.png

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

ZzCwPiQ.png

"Uh... well--"

icdVaTg.gif

kiri022.png

aXJ3Cpm.png

"So be it."

Cast List
26.png

Zidane listened to the quarrels of the Kieran, Kyoko, Makoto, and Ritsoko, and thought hard about it.

Ilona... you're just like Garnet... trapped in your own castle... not knowing the outside world...

48.png

"I'll save... no... we'll all save Ilona!" Zidane loudly spoke as he joined with Kieran/Kyoko's side.

tumblr_inline_mry8paezSd1rk0sf0.jpg

"Y-yeah!" Bibi joined alongside with Zidane. "She's our friend!"

@Verite @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @idk who else​

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Should we fall to squabbling, the laughter of Mordor shall be our only reward."

He quoted quietly in turn to Shizuo.

"And in this case, it may prove deadly to us all.

@The Tactician
Shizuo paid the man a nod, understanding what he meant. While the bartender didn't want Ilona imprisoned for the rest of her life, they would need to bite their tongues on the issue for now. First, they needed to actually rescue Ilona. Once that was done, then Shizuo could get around to busting some skulls over this.

Lang didn't even bother waiting to stand by Makoto, staring at the other side with a bit of disdain.

latest

"Lang Zi's Philosophy of Detainment has been used by my family for generations, and it's situations like this that make it obvious why it should be. Because Ilona went unchecked, in the span of one day we lost three lives, a high profile criminal escaped from his cell, and now not only are we in more danger here, Ilona is too. Ever stop to consider that? She's trapped here somewhere, God only knows what Umbrella is doing to her. If she were properly supervised none of this would have happened."

@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb
091.png

"I think you've got it twisted up there, officer. It wasn't our side that ran off with Ilona behind everyone's back, leaving her open to a kidnapping attempt. Ritsuko and Makoto went behind everyone, didn't let us know anything till it was too damn late, and now she's nowhere to be found. Seems pretty irresponsible to leave her care and protection to a pair of bozos who can't seem to get their damn act together, and that's leaving out the fact that the doctor herself seems pretty shifty..."

"Remember, she went behind Robin's back on this shit when we hadn't even heard of the issue or knew if she was in the right. You want to trust someone like that with Ilona's safety and protection from both Umbrella and mistreatment in a lab somewhere?"

Mason makes his way over to Kieran and Kyoko's group. He holds more respect for them as leaders and feels strongky against imprisoning Ilona. Ilona is his friend, at least that's how he feels, and he believed that imprisoning one's friends and allies is not a viable solution.

As well, he worries of becoming locked up himself. He has clearly demonstrated that his powers are not always under his control, and by Makoto's values, he would be forced to give them up for others' safety. Mason believes that, left unchecked, Makoto's values will create a Coalition where nobody has the power to defend against the true enemies.

He makes eye contact with Kyoko, showing his determination towards joining her side.

@Team Kirigiri
@Verite @Mason Moretti @The Tactician
26.png

Zidane listened to the quarrels of the Kieran, Kyoko, Makoto, and Ritsoko, and thought hard about it.

Ilona... you're just like Garnet... trapped in your own castle... not knowing the outside world...

48.png

"I'll save... no... we'll all save Ilona!" Zidane loudly spoke as he joined with Kieran/Kyoko's side.

tumblr_inline_mry8paezSd1rk0sf0.jpg

"Y-yeah!" Bibi joined alongside with Zidane. "She's our friend!"

@Verite @The Tactician @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @idk who else​

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

LjzHDEI.png

Except one person.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

"Way ahead of you."

kUWGiMB.png

WLsWybI.png

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

ZzCwPiQ.png

"Uh... well--"

icdVaTg.gif

kiri022.png

aXJ3Cpm.png

"So be it."

Cast List
Artyom scowled at the squabble, this wasn't very productive now was it. It wasn't until the group split into two that he realized..he had to make a choice, he had to stand with either Kieran or Makoto. While Artyom didn't know either man, their stance on this IIona issue was clear. On one hand, Artyom could understand keeping IIona secure, her powers could be kept in check and no one would get hurt by her powers, in theory. On the other hand, the fact that she would lose her freedom in the name of safety for everyone else didn't seem like a great idea either.

Artyom started making his way towards Makoto's side, why was he doing this? this wasn't him. He was a kind and caring person yes, but....he was ranger, not just a ranger, but a ranger of The Order, he swore to protect humanity until he breathed his last breath.

He paused, glancing over at Makoto's side, when he realized something, they were no different from The Order, they were terrified of IIona and the power she wielded. They were willing to imprison a young girl because they didn't understand her, just like The Order with The Dark Ones. Except...that ended with Artyom himself, killing them.
~~~
You'll be a good man when you grow up....do you know that Artyom?

I know you will...my child....I know you'll always do the right thing, and grow into a man I will be proud off

I will Mother, I'll do my best to do the.....the right thing

That's my boy.....Goodbye Artyom

....Goodbye......Mother.....
~~~

Artyom turned on his heels and made his way to Kieran's Side. He couldn't, he just couldn't do that his mother.

He couldn't help but notice as a single tear slid down his face and dropped onto the floor beneath him

• Love
Reactions: Klutzy Ninja Kitty
Status
Not open for further replies.