• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"... How exactly did you get life imprisonment from a few years off?" Ocelot sighed, scratching his head somewhat irritably. He was never the talkative type personally, so these arguments were a waste of time for him. A man of action, a man of conviction. That was what he was.

Ritsuko only continued to sneer, glaring at Zen when he'd speak, though continuing to focus her overall attention upon the rest of those who sided with Kieran and Kyoko. "So that's it, then? Are you saying that she simply doesn't know any better than to turn herself in? You're going to make light of her decision, dismiss her own wants and what's good for her in the belief that she's wrong about herself, and continue to go down this path? What bigger picture is there? What could possibly overshadow the deaths and maiming of people around?"

"As Naegi says, I'm not making this decision lightly. None of you, even once, have responded aptly to me. No alternative as far as saving lives goes. And you all call yourselves protectors of the multiverse's stability? You can hardly protect yourself, it looks like," she nearly spat, crossing her arms now, "You can pester me all you want with finer details you've all no doubt constructed within your imagination, but the truth is, I doubt you'd all stand to care enough to listen to me discuss what I have planned. I can tell you all about how you have the wrong idea about isolating her like I'd be simple-mindedly dropping her by herself with no means of communication with the outside world or so on, but I might just be wasting my breath if you all refuse to listen to reason and ignore the lives already lost. Or did you conveniently forget about the casualty reports issued shortly after the explosion? Answer me on that..."

"Is her walking scot-free worth the lives she could potentially destroy without rehabilitation? Does it make it easier for you to sleep at night knowing that you've managed to save one girl from saving herself and others from being able to live out their lives? The ends justifies the means, and I'll use any means I can to justify saving lives."

Untitled-20.jpg

"I mean, I do feel bad for her, but until someone gives an alternative as far as protecting others go, I think this is the best chance we've got. I'm not hearing any better alternatives around anyway," Uhura piped up, sticking on Makoto's and Ritsuko's side as well, before clearing her throat and mumbling the rest mostly to herself.

"I bet if she wasn't a cute girl, people would be more willing to lock Ilona up..."

@Sen @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Everybody
tumblr_inline_odklrzvmWj1s7x88v_250.png

"Even if she didn't want to get locked up, your argument would still be the same. She reacted like that because she saw a friend's. Possibly murdered." The actor shrugged, "I probably won't change your opinion on this. I'm siding with Kirigiri. At least she has a human heart."

"Well, there's the part where your name was thrown around. Ms Kirigiri referred to you by name, right Father Lucifer?" Kido comments.
That made a lot of sense and he nodded. Mystery solved.

Would that all their other problems would be so easy and he sighed out.

Then because he was feeling tired, he moved over to let Toboe sniff his hand before he scratched behind his ears. Sometimes you had to wonder if animals had it better.

@Crow @Takumi @Minerva @The Tactician @C.T.

"Then, Robin..."

uvgL8p3.png

"Are you saying I get the final say? I'm afraid this isn't a Coalition operation, and frankly, a lot of Coalition operations have been co-opted by the United Nations as of late. The General Assembly has agreed to this decision, which is largely why we're here in the first place. It was the General Assembly's decision to lock Ilona away before this incident and I made them back off... but then it all went wrong."

"... Makoto has one point," Kieran said. "The UN hasn't been 'hands off' for quite some time, so don't start saying you are now."

@Minerva @Debate

• Love
Reactions: Josh M
While he did back down for now, Shizuo made sure to keep an eye on the two. Something about the duo just didn't sit right with him, and nothing anyone else said would change that thought.

"Hey, Toboe. I'm fine."

Even if that someone was currently a fluffy wolf who Shizuo wasn't afraid to pat on the head and rub the ears of.

d56208c6f3fffab1c4c76e223bc84b6bffd5b591_hq.gif

"Agreed. Lets show them what happens when they screw around with the best of the best."

The debate had for far too long, and no one's opinions were gonna be changed by it. It was time for some action.

It was time for the strongest man in Ikebukuro to show those Umbrella bastards how he got his reputation as a wild force of nature.​

Toboe was glad to hear that, and it showed as he closed his eyes at the head petting and ear scratching. He was content for the most part. He let them have their debate for now.

That made a lot of sense and he nodded. Mystery solved.

Would that all their other problems would be so easy and he sighed out.

Then because he was feeling tired, he moved over to let Toboe sniff his hand before he scratched behind his ears. Sometimes you had to wonder if animals had it better.

@Crow @Takumi @Minerva @The Tactician @C.T.

Lucifer's petting would get Toboe's tail wagging. He would of happily jumped up and nuzzled somebody if it didn't bring back sad memories. Also, ge wasn't too keen on how'd the other two would feel about it.

@The Tactician @Ringmaster @Minerva @C.T. @Crow

ritsuko-co16-03.jpg

"I'm afraid... In good conscience, I can't let you do that, Secretary-General," Ritsuko said firmly in response to Robin. Her facial expression remained calm and composed as always, though her voice and other subtle nuances hinted at a growing irritation at those who disagreed with her policies.

"What's wrong is letting unchecked power go free like that, putting countless lives at risk the more her unstable power is out in the open. If you're all done playing the moral high ground, it's time to face the facts that you've been ignoring that people can, will, and have died because of this negligence. None of you have refuted those facts because you can't. Or are you all saying that it's simply worth it? That it's worth the many lives that have been lost, and will be lost, if it means doing what you perceive as protecting this girl?" She emphasized the word "perceive," wanting to nail in the point even further that they were all, in her view, in the wrong here, giving Lang a passing glance when he'd react rather strongly to her explanation.

"I don't care if you think of me as a monster, but I'd rather you know the truth if we're going to get down to this, and might I remind once again that the truth is that Ilona full well knew these details and consented. She knows how dangerous she is, and she knows that it's worth sacrificing a few or more years of freedom if it means that others can live. Or do you believe in the alternative? Do you all believe I'm wrong? That it's worth losing all these lives if it means shaving a few years off one life? She'll be taken care of nicely, but also cautiously. I haven't forgotten what she is; a person, but I also haven't forgotten what she can do, and that... I fear, includes the ability to destroy entire worlds if you continue to go down this current path."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Minerva @Everybody

tumblr_inline_nl0ng2pkNs1r3leyb.png

Finding the situation everyone was arguing over to be rather frustrating, the ex-assassin scowled. "You know what I think? This is stupid. Why are we even trying to decide what to do with the girl when we don't even have her yet? We should be focusing on putting our heads together to locate her first of all. They could be torturing her right now, for all we know, and we're sitting here talking about whether or not to throw her into a cage."

Train quieted for a moment before adding. "And what even really gives us the right to decide what to do with her anyhow? She's nobody's pet or possession. This is her life we're talking about. She's a living, breathing person. I think it'd be better to talk with the girl and see what she wants to do before deciding for her. I can't say I'm fond of "choosing sides" like this is some kind of power struggle. I'll tell you what I choose... I want whatever she wants. If she thinks she can learn to control her power and be free, she should damn well be allowed that. If not--if she wants to spend her life being locked up to try and keep others safe--I don't feel like we should deny her that right. Give the girl a chance to make up her own mind."

@Everybody​

029.png

"Huh, so you think there's a traitor... That would explain a lot of the weird shit going on about this whole thing..." It would certainly give Ritsuko greater chance to pull her cloak-and-dagger bullshit. Pushing up his sunglasses, Shizuo hummed for a moment while taking in everything the priest had to say.

"I get why you put that Saber girl with the others. What I don't get, if you want to be subtle about things..." He lifted a hand to point a thumb to himself, "Why me? You should know by this point that I'm not the sort who's patient enough for this surveillance shit. Unless you want someone to back up your servant over there in beating down the spy... I don't get the point of me in this team."

"But I'll go along with it, priest. Just hope you made the right choice with this..."

With all that said, Shizuo sighed and moved to rejoin the debate. He listened as Ritsuko detailed her plan and growled, filling his anger building once again. What the hell did this woman think her plan would do? It seemed like there was only two options with the scientist, put an innocent kid in an unofficial prison or apparently let everyone die. How the hell did someone come up with this shit?

"Christ... Lang, I hope you're the one in charge if you all win this shit... Because I'm starting to think your leader there is nothing..."

He allowed himself to cool for a moment after that, receding into the crowd once again. It seemed like he wasn't needed up front and so he wouldn't get involved.

"You know what I find strange? Two weirdos that I don't recognize sticking their noses into a private discussion."

033.png

Instead, he would stand behind the seemingly featureless brother-sister pair, glaring down at them, "I suggest you both get back to your side. I'd rather not need to kick some asses because two idiots wandered around, thinking they had a right to join whatever talk was going on..."

@The Tactician @Minerva @C.T. @Ringmaster @Crow

"A-Ah, uh..."

Makoto was not unused to such lively discussions, but this one was decidedly unique. To be framed as a murderer was one thing, but Makoto wasn't keen on these attacks of his character. He knew Kieran and Kyoko simpply could not see things how he saw, but others seemed to deem either himself or Ritsuko unfit for decision making. Even worse, he was being seen as a lackey... and maybe that somewhat fit his position, they didn't seem to understand that his whole heart was in on this decision.

pFWVOhF.png

"Look, everyone, I know this is an extremely difficult decision. I didn't make it lightly, and I would not have agreed to it if I did not see things Ritsuko's way to some degree. While it's true our hand has been forced overall, to see no good in Ritsuko's decision is simply misguided! We were victim to a tragedy, one that absolutely can not be allowed to repeat. Jennifer's life hangs in the balance... While Natalia, Tommy and Jill have already been lost to us. Ilona wasn't just upset about what happened, she understood that she was partly to blame for the loss of multiple lives. Not just her, we're all to blame... The Coalition had to make a tough decision. We had to change so that another tragedy wouldn't repeat!"

"Hrm." Kieran crossed his arms, disengaging from the debate for a moment. "Perhaps we're getting a bit too into this. Why are we being left alone like this...?"

"Maybe Umbrella thinks we're dead," Jude said. "I mean, right...?"

"Unless our miracle was not a miracle at all, but an intentional machination made to lull us into safety," Morrigan replied. "Regardless, they are probably waiting on us."

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Archwar @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @dark @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

fR5w9mS.gif

"Lets not keep them waiting then."

Saber Alter couldn't care less about the debate, or peoples thoughts on each other.

But she did have a thirst to repay their enemies with the courtesy and kindness they showed to them previously.

@Atomyk @Verite @Everybody​

While he did back down for now, Shizuo made sure to keep an eye on the two. Something about the duo just didn't sit right with him, and nothing anyone else said would change that thought.

"Hey, Toboe. I'm fine."

Even if that someone was currently a fluffy wolf who Shizuo wasn't afraid to pat on the head and rub the ears of.

d56208c6f3fffab1c4c76e223bc84b6bffd5b591_hq.gif

"Agreed. Lets show them what happens when they screw around with the best of the best."

The debate had for far too long, and no one's opinions were gonna be changed by it. It was time for some action.

It was time for the strongest man in Ikebukuro to show those Umbrella bastards how he got his reputation as a wild force of nature.​

tumblr_inline_nf825kQDgF1t4ubwm.jpg

"Hm..."

This situation of uncontrolled power wasn't an unfamiliar one to either the vampire or the maid. The younger of the Scarlet sisters possessed the power to destroy everything and anything, and thus spent almost all of her time in the basement of the mansion, not having left the mansion in over 495 years. And Flandre had turned out just fine.

"Well I think some healthy isolation could be good for the girl. She can learn to control her power faster with help anyway, right?"

Her idea of locking Ilona up was probably a lot more loose than what Ritsuko seemed to have in mind.

"I would have to agree."

@everyone​

"... How exactly did you get life imprisonment from a few years off?" Ocelot sighed, scratching his head somewhat irritably. He was never the talkative type personally, so these arguments were a waste of time for him. A man of action, a man of conviction. That was what he was.

Ritsuko only continued to sneer, glaring at Zen when he'd speak, though continuing to focus her overall attention upon the rest of those who sided with Kieran and Kyoko. "So that's it, then? Are you saying that she simply doesn't know any better than to turn herself in? You're going to make light of her decision, dismiss her own wants and what's good for her in the belief that she's wrong about herself, and continue to go down this path? What bigger picture is there? What could possibly overshadow the deaths and maiming of people around?"

"As Naegi says, I'm not making this decision lightly. None of you, even once, have responded aptly to me. No alternative as far as saving lives goes. And you all call yourselves protectors of the multiverse's stability? You can hardly protect yourself, it looks like," she nearly spat, crossing her arms now, "You can pester me all you want with finer details you've all no doubt constructed within your imagination, but the truth is, I doubt you'd all stand to care enough to listen to me discuss what I have planned. I can tell you all about how you have the wrong idea about isolating her like I'd be simple-mindedly dropping her by herself with no means of communication with the outside world or so on, but I might just be wasting my breath if you all refuse to listen to reason and ignore the lives already lost. Or did you conveniently forget about the casualty reports issued shortly after the explosion? Answer me on that..."

"Is her walking scot-free worth the lives she could potentially destroy without rehabilitation? Does it make it easier for you to sleep at night knowing that you've managed to save one girl from saving herself and others from being able to live out their lives? The ends justifies the means, and I'll use any means I can to justify saving lives."

Untitled-20.jpg

"I mean, I do feel bad for her, but until someone gives an alternative as far as protecting others go, I think this is the best chance we've got. I'm not hearing any better alternatives around anyway," Uhura piped up, sticking on Makoto's and Ritsuko's side as well, before clearing her throat and mumbling the rest mostly to herself.

"I bet if she wasn't a cute girl, people would be more willing to lock Ilona up..."

@Sen @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Everybody

"Then, Robin..."

uvgL8p3.png

"Are you saying I get the final say? I'm afraid this isn't a Coalition operation, and frankly, a lot of Coalition operations have been co-opted by the United Nations as of late. The General Assembly has agreed to this decision, which is largely why we're here in the first place. It was the General Assembly's decision to lock Ilona away before this incident and I made them back off... but then it all went wrong."

"... Makoto has one point," Kieran said. "The UN hasn't been 'hands off' for quite some time, so don't start saying you are now."

@Minerva @Debate
As the debate raged on, Lang looked at the sides everyone had taken. Tragic, really, to see a packso easily divided. There was no trust, no loyalty. He had made sure every man on his team had been treated with respect, never was evidence or important details withheld...but this Coalition, the UN, there was nothing but selfish intent and deceit, particularly in the commanding ranks.

But they could pull all the sleletons out of the closets later. Right now something else was important. "We can't do anything for Ilona if we can't even rescue her in the first place. I love debates as much as the next guy, but really, we need to focus on saving her before making any more moves regarding her. After all, shouldn't she be here to weigh in on how her life should go?"

tumblr_nsmfpcvJsi1rjjr2to4_250.gif

"There was once another little girl, in a situation not too unlike Ilona's..."

The unfamiliar voice of the veteran king emerged from the far back of the group, the quiet noble keeping to himself, a constant watcher in the darkness. Through gas and troubles, Umbrella and intrigue, to the division of the multiverse's protectors, the bastard had kept a close yet silent eye. He let the others have their dance, from the few faces he knew to the far many he did not. Their songs were but echoes of what he had to deal with back at home, except the stakes was not fiefdoms and claims of power, but the worry of another threat to the established order of chaotic reality.

Strolling down the middle of the two forming groups, finding fewer and fewer people of neutrality, Jon gazed over at Kyoko and Makoto. He knew them well enough, both of the two holding past, deep connections to one another, yet always have a firm division between the two. Their fates were bound, yes, but by what even the wise yet young king could not tell. Slowly pulling off his cloak, the Snow stood clad in his blacken, leather-brigandine armor.

"She fought once for the Coalition, she was a strong girl, a'ye, the blood of the wolf in 'er. For two times she fought, and two times she lost more and more, until one day she couldn't handle herself. She felt everythin' in the world wasn't in 'er hands anymore, and she decided that enough was enough. So a'ye, the little girl brokered a deal with a man she knew she couldn't trust, but she did it anyways. She turned her grief into power, she forsaken 'er gods, her friends, nearly everythin' she owned to fix what she thought was wrong."

In the span of the speech Jon's wolfish, ash gaze traveled about the inhabitants of the room, occasionally locking them purposefully to grab and garner their attention. He may not know the true happenings of everything, he conceded that, but Jon had fought for long enough in the Coalition to see patterns in history.

"This girl is named Arya Stark, this girl is my sister, and a'ye, I watched my sister die before my eyes. I have seen what that demon does to people firsthand, some of you have, a lot of you haven't. On my honor as a Northerner, I can tell you that it is something to be feared. Even I couldn't bring back Arya from what she became, and I grown to accept that I'll never find true justice for her, a'ye."

Jon somberly remarked, occasional pauses in his speech, gazing over at Makoto, abruptly unsheathing his bastard sword Longclaw. With the Valyrian Steel shimmering against the artificial lights, the bastard spoke loudly, proclaiming his loyalty.

"I stand by Makoto, not because I see him as a good leader, not because I forgive him for what he did not do to save my sister...but I stand by him because I know what will happen if this goes unchecked. A true king doesn't make the right decision, a true king makes the hardest decision. And if any of you believe that lettin' Ilona go freely 'bout with that demon in 'er...all I ask is remember the She-Wolf."

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Ringmaster @Crow
@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @BarrenThin @Minerva @york@Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen@Bomb

The constant arguments in the room make Mason's head spin. Several figurative balls are flying back and forth between their members within this room as groups find their reasons and semantics to argue over.

From his point of view, the raised voices and loaded comments become the sounds of clashing on a battlefield. The world of aura is ablaze among the members of the Coalition. Not only did the commotion assault his ears and his brain, but it assaulted his heart as well. Searching for a point of stability in this chaos, Mason makes an attempt to find Kyoko, but she becomes absorbed by the crowd forming around her and Kieran. Instead, Mason was able to make contact with Cheza.
Cheza wordlessly made her way to Kyoko's side. Toboe followed shortly after her.

The two would listen to the others argue, and Toboe, unable to access his human form for the moment would lightly growl in distatse towards Makoto's group, despite agreeing that they made some rather good points that didn't really persuade him.

Cheza.jpg

Cheza placed a hand on the wolf's head, taking a moment to find Mason among the groups.

@Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Kyoko's group @Anybody I missed

Hige-wolfs-rain-4180652-640-480.jpg

Toboe's ears twitched, the wolf turned to look at Shizuo, slightly concerned for the Producer's safety should Shizuo get angry. Trotting over the wolf would nudge the man's leg with his nose once more as a sign of comfort of sorts. Or at least, Toboe was trying to help keep Shizuo from acting on his threat of throwing punches and whatnot.

@The Tactician @Crow @Ringmaster @Minerva @C.T. @anybody I missed

"I'm glad I found you, Cheza. This one," Mason says, pointing to himself for clarification before rubbing his temples, "is getting quite bothered by all these arguments. It's giving me an awful headache. Do you know what it's like to have all of your senses accosted at once? That's what this feels like. I have my two cents to put in on the matter, but I can't do much until the group calms down. It's not like I'd sway anyone to change sides anyway.

"I want to lie down and sleep through this, but there's not much room in here. Plus, we are probably going to get on the move before too long. Cheza, can I just have your help with a little support? Please and thank you."
Mason leans against Cheza gently, doing his best not to pass out or throw up. He hopes that these debates will end soon so that the group will split and the friction between them will cease, at least temporarily.

@Kyoko Krew
Aura Power: 100%, possibly draining

@Takumi @Others​

The constant arguments in the room make Mason's head spin. Several figurative balls are flying back and forth between their members within this room as groups find their reasons and semantics to argue over.

From his point of view, the raised voices and loaded comments become the sounds of clashing on a battlefield. The world of aura is ablaze among the members of the Coalition. Not only did the commotion assault his ears and his brain, but it assaulted his heart as well. Searching for a point of stability in this chaos, Mason makes an attempt to find Kyoko, but she becomes absorbed by the crowd forming around her and Kieran. Instead, Mason was able to make contact with Cheza.

"I'm glad I found you, Cheza. This one," Mason says, pointing to himself for clarification before rubbing his temples, "is getting quite bothered by all these arguments. It's giving me an awful headache. Do you know what it's like to have all of your senses accosted at once? That's what this feels like. I have my two cents to put in on the matter, but I can't do much until the group calms down. It's not like I'd sway anyone to change sides anyway.

"I want to lie down and sleep through this, but there's not much room in here. Plus, we are probably going to get on the move before too long. Cheza, can I just have your help with a little support? Please and thank you."
Mason leans against Cheza gently, doing his best not to pass out or throw up. He hopes that these debates will end soon so that the group will split and the friction between them will cease, at least temporarily.

@Kyoko Krew
Aura Power: 100%, possibly draining

@Takumi @Others​

Cheza let him lean against her, being rather sturdy for someone that looked quite delicate at times.

"This one would rather hace them save the arguing for later. And if you need to rest, this one wpuld gladly watch over you to keep you safe." she responded. That was really all shr wanted: for everyone to be safe and unharmed. But, Umbrella and threats like it kept that from happening from time to time.

"This one could try to put at ease with a lullaby for now? It works best on wolves from this one's world, so this one is unsure of it's affects on people, there or elsewhere."

As she explained, she placed one hand on Mason's back, gently rubbing in slow circular motions to try and help put him at ease.

@Mason Moretti @ others

• Love
Reactions: Mason Moretti
Cheza let him lean against her, being rather sturdy for someone that looked quite delicate at times.

"This one would rather hace them save the arguing for later. And if you need to rest, this one wpuld gladly watch over you to keep you safe." she responded. That was really all shr wanted: for everyone to be safe and unharmed. But, Umbrella and threats like it kept that from happening from time to time.

"This one could try to put at ease with a lullaby for now? It works best on wolves from this one's world, so this one is unsure of it's affects on people, there or elsewhere."

As she explained, she placed one hand on Mason's back, gently rubbing in slow circular motions to try and help put him at ease.

@Mason Moretti @ others
"You might as well try. It'll probably work. I don't exactly need a nap right now, but it wouldn't exactly be unwelcome. If you knew my family, you might not be able to tell some of them apart from wolves. I wouldn't be surprised if any of them were secretly half wolf."

Mason continues rambling as his eyelids grow heavy along with his body in Cheza's arms. He drifts off into a light sleep, still at the ready to wake up in case of danger, like a cat nap. Sleep will do him well and keep his mind off the chaos and his heart focused on the task at hand. Even in slumber, Mason's heart is hard at work, searching for auras as far as it can stretch, looking for signs of danger or signs of Ilona.

@KyokoKrew
@Takumi @Others

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Stiles was only half-llistening to Kido and Mason going on about why they were here. He guessed that maybe one of the girls he met in Bright Falls was who the man was referring to him.

" I agree with you there, we need to fight for what is right... and save Illona... wait, does anyone else find it strange that we were captured and brought to the exact place we needed to be? I mean, we were imprisoned, then released. Maybe they didn't expect to escape, but they didn't set up guards or anything. It just seems strange to me," Scott said, now that he was thinking about it.

Stiles nodded in agreement.

@Jeremi @Sen @Yun Lee @Yang Lee @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point
Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Once everyone had been gathered at the rendezvous point, the rest of the hostages recovered along with the equipment stolen from everyone by Umbrella being returned, Kyoko would stand in front of everyone, taking an authoritative stand as she'd make her statement, intending to lead the group and keep them unified, unlike before.

Of those still knocked out, Commander Shepard was first to awake. Her eyes fluttered open and she groggily shrugged out of the grip of those that had been supporting her. She needed a moment to gather herself, but it didn't take long for the woman to listen to a quick explanation and know exactly what was up. She was a woman of action, after all.

LjzHDEI.png

"I'll help you manage here, Captain-Commander."

She gave Kieran a reassuring nod before barking out orders like the seasoned commander she was. One would find it hard to believe she'd just spent a significant time unconscious with how she herded the group. "Get into formation and put those who can't fight in the middle! Once we rush those doors, there's no telling what will hit us."

"Okay, everyone. I don't know what Umbrella has planned for us, why we were brought here, or where Ilona is, but we don't have time to stand around and think over it. Not while she might be getting tortured or having her power exploited somewhere else," the young woman said, turning around and beginning to walk, leading the group forward towards the end of the hall.

"Be ready for anything. This all... seems too easy. They have to be setting up some sort of trap somewhere to spring onto us," she would continue warily.

"Might I remind you, I couldn't get past the door that leads outside this hall, and it doesn't look like any of the guards in here had the means to open the door. It's been hermetically sealed to keep people like us from getting out," Ocelot would speak up, following her and the rest of the group, "Whatever they want us here for, maybe they wanted us to hope that we were getting out, tricking us into thinking we could get out of here with something that a guard would have had on them."

Without stopping or wavering, Kyoko replied in turn, eyes filled with determination.

"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? The answer is quite simply... one party has to surrender. And I won't ever surrender."

With that, the group would continue navigating their way through the empty hall, the effects of the mist slowly but surely wearing off as everyone would slowly manage to get their powers back, before they would be stopped by the aforementioned, unlockable door that stood in their way. Even from a quick glance, it was easy to assume that the door was a sturdy one, and even though everyone's powers had been returning slowly, no one was in a state of getting through it.

Except one person.

d8d95708306941ebab6a1756839810a7.png

Not even a knob or any buttons to open the door with.

Ritsuko would sigh, pocketing her hands as they'd all come to a stop, looking at Kyoko with some irritation. "Alright, then, leader. How do you propose we get past this ordeal? Or did you not consider the reality when making such a cool little speech?"

"I'm not a reckless person, Ms. Akagi. I'm aware of what I said, and I stand by it. After all, there's always a way past the unbeatable. If we don't have a way past this, we'll make a way. Wouldn't you agree... Tohno, was it?" Kyoko would respond, glancing over at Shiki.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

Shiki had already been in the process of removing his glasses when Kyoko would pose a question to him. The young man would give Kyoko a nod, drawing his knife, the only item of value that had been put in the Storage Room, later recovered, when everyone had been captured by Umbrella.

"Way ahead of you."

Pocketing his glasses now, his eyes, once a dull grey, were filled with a vibrant indigo. His pupils shone with an ironic light that indicated life. For his eyes were the very essence of death.

Though nothing seemed to change from everyone else's point of view, the world shifted for Shiki. Everything and everyone, from his perspective, had changed. Red, pulsating lines and dots formed all over his vision. Lines and points that, when traced or stabbed, fulfilled the "death" that they symbolized, no matter how powerful they might be on the outside. With these eyes, an artillery tank could be downed with nothing more than a writing pen, if not one's own fingers.

The indestructible door was no exception to the fate of death.

kUWGiMB.png

Without missing a beat, Shiki dashed towards the door and swung his knife at the door repeatedly. From everyone else's point of view, it looked like he was randomly scratching at the door with his knife, and one might even call him crazy for expecting something to happen if they weren't aware of his power. Yet, sure enough...

Before long, the door fell apart piece by piece, exactly by the patterns that Shiki had cut it apart with. Each piece of the door would fall to the ground with loud thuds, the entire door itself likely having been hundreds of not thousands of pounds. With a breath, the young man would take out his glasses and put them on again, shaking his head briefly, as if to shake away the lines he had seen before.

WLsWybI.png

"Well, then... We should get going. Shall we?"

"Good work," Kyoko simply said with a nod, before moving forward as suggested, Shiki and Len following her when she would move past them.

However... Even for those anticipating a trap somewhere along the line, no one would be able to anticipate what had been waiting for them in the very next room...

The room beyond was nothing special. Just a blank room with metallic grey walls that was just about big enough to fit the entire group. In fact, its size seemed so perfect, that Shepard quickly felt something was wrong. "Wait, let's leave some back, just in case--"

The woman was cut off by the booming sound of some kind of explosion. A gust of hot air blew those who lingered in the hallway forward, flinging them into the room ahead. The entrance that had been cut open by Shiki was covered by a heavy metal shutter, as if it had been expected of him to have cut through the first door.

"Shiki, can you--!" Makoto began to cry, but he was drowned out by a loud droning sound. Panels in the wall lowered to reveal that the source of the sound were a number of fans that began pumping a mist into the room. There was no time to do anything, as the lingering effects of the fog from outside ensured full exposure to this second round of mist. Not only would those with powers feel it all slip away, but even the most mundane of the group would feel their entire body beginning to shut down. One could barely hold their eyes open as...

More panels in the wall slid open to reveal what appeared to be flamethrowers. They covered every wall of the room, nozzles flickering with flame, ready to burn the group alive.

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

The heat was almost impossible to bear, and they flames had yet to even start up. It was only a matter of time now.

... If not for what could only be divine intervention, anyway. Visible streaks of bright electricity flashed from above, coursing down through the walls to shut off both the fans and the flamethrowers. They receded into the wall and the room instantly became cooler as a result.

The divine electricity wasn't done yet, for it then danced around the room, jumping through the fog to dissipate it. It seemed to reinvigorate everyone it passed, removing them of their grogginess and allowing them once again to access their powers.

Once the fog was gone, there was a great cry from a woman in the group.

ZzCwPiQ.png

Channeling lightning between her hands, one might think it was Morrigan who had saved them, but the more observant would know she had still been unconscious when the electricity had shut off the fans.

Morrigan shot the built up magic forward, slamming it into the shutter at the opposite side of the room. It collapsed and was blown backward by the blast, revealing a new hallway beyond.

The mage let out a heavy sigh before she spoke. "Whatever the source of that miraculous recovery, let's not dawdle in this death trap of a room." Shepard quickly agreed and began ushering the group into the next hallway. It wasn't until they came to what appeared to be an empty common room that they stopped once again.

"What is our purpose here?" Morrigan asked no one in particular. "To die? To suffer? I may have only just awoken, but I have to question their motives. 'Twould have been far easier to kill us when they had the chance."

"I don't really care," Kieran said with some degree of annoyance. "We just need to get Ilona and get out of here."

"There could be more trapped... not just Ilona. Other Coalition members."

"Hold on, someone mind telling me what's the plan once we save her? You still arguing what to do with her?"

"Uh... well--"

"Ritsuko's not laying a hand on her, that's for sure."

icdVaTg.gif

"This is hardly the time for that! And besides, what would you have me do, let even more people die while you deliberately let power like that go unchecked?!" Ritsuko would snap at Kieran irritably, facing his direction with an angry expression on her face.

"Do I really have to remind you all that three people died when she lost control, and we were lucky it was only three! But next time, it could be six, and then thirty, and then three hundred! That blood would be on your hands, and unless you turn away from the gravity of the situation, I doubt you would be able to handle that burden on your shoulders."

Practically sliding in between Kieran and Ritsuko, the latter of the two marching right over to his direction, Kyoko would give the older woman a fiery look, the blonde stopping in her tracks as the two of them would practically stare each other down for an uncomfortable moment, before Kyoko would speak her piece.

kiri022.png

"She is under our protection. And it will remain that way for as long as we deem it necessary."

Hardly fazed by Kyoko's bravado, Ritsuko would clash with the Ultimate Detective, looking down at her like a child.

"So confident in your power... But a lot of things have changed since you've been gone, Miss Kirigiri. I'm afraid that if we can't reach a compromise that yields a satisfactory result... then we cannot continue to cooperate together."

"And just what might you be suggesting?"

"I think you can figure that one out, detective. Or should your friend Naegi spell it out to you? You seem to understand words better when he says them, after all. One could almost think..."

Makoto looked helplessly between the two women, realizing he had to say something to quell the growing tension. Now that the danger had passed, it seemed everyone was reverting back to their earlier tension.

aXJ3Cpm.png

"K-Kyoko... I understand how you feel, but we can't make such claims. Once Ilona is saved, then we can continue this discussion."

"I think it's very clear both you and Ritsuko plan to whisk her away once this is over," Kieran said gruffly, stepping forward so that he was staring defiantly at Makoto. "There won't be a discussion, because why would you both? I don't think I should help you here."

Makoto looked back at his friend with some degree of hurt evident on his face. "... You don't want to work together? We're in the enemy stronghold. We're in danger."

"And maybe the last thing they expect is for us to split up. Makoto, I trust you enough to be safe without me, so this isn't me saying I want you to get hurt. I would just rather, that when we acquire Ilona... that you and Ritsuko not be there. Anyone who agrees with me... join the Captain-Commander's side!"

Kieran stepped away to one side of the room, waiting for those sympathetic to his values follow through. Makoto stared at him, recognizing the reality of the situation. With his shoulders set straight, he defiantly moved to stand at the other side of the room, opposite Kieran.

"So be it."

Cosmo looked at Makoto, then to Kieran. Shaking his head, Cosmo made his way to Makoto's side. "It sadden Cosmo that it comes to this. Makoto is right. Cosmo is with him."

Morrigan let out a sigh. "I don't desire to get in the middle of your petty squabbles, however..." The woman stepped toward Kieran, deciding to take his side. "There's no debate that Ilona is special. Unique magic such as hers... should not be stored away."

Without a word, Kyoko stepped from in front of Kieran to over at his side. Other members stood uncomfortably still at first, before their decisions were made. Shiki and Len also stepped to Kieran's and Kyoko's side, while Ocelot wordlessly sided with Makoto and Ritsuko. One by one, the group began to split, dividing into two groups.

Carissa furrowed her brow, crossing her arms as she'd look somewhat disapprovingly at Morrigan, her ally and fellow MEU representative. "Honestly... Are we not above this? I refuse to allow this group to separate! This is hardly the time to--"

"Strategically, I think splitting up is a more sound tactic," Ocelot would interject, "We can cover more ground while looking for Ilona, divide our forces evenly as to not become too vulnerable, and in the event that one group is captured, the other is at least still out there and able to act," he added, crossing his arms, before clearing his throat, looking at Kieran and the others that took his side somewhat judgmentally, before speaking again, "And besides... We maintain better cooperation within the group that way."

Carissa grit her teeth, conflicted by Ocelot's words, before complying and walking over to Makoto's side, looking at Morrigan. "I'm... sorry, Morrigan, but that power is too dangerous to even risk letting free. You saw what it did to the headquarters..."

Looking at the rest of those who had yet to choose, Ritsuko cleared her throat.

"Well? What about the rest of you? Whose side are you on then?"

There was no third party to form. No neutrality to declare. The intense glares of others waited eagerly for sides to be chosen in order for progress to be made.

Who do you choose to side with?

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Wren as Bradley Martin Holland (OC)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@Archwar as Doomguy (Doom)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@dark as Jak (Jak and Daxter)
@Krieg as Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Chewy Rabbits as Nemo and Astaroth (Murder Series)
@Raven as Piper Wright (Fallout)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@C.T. as Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada (Overwatch)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@pubbbb as Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama (Mob Psycho 100)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
@Yang Lee as Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
zv8p3t4.png

"You even have to ask?" Qrow remarked, tone more dry than the Sahara in the midst of summer as he sauntered up to Kieran's side. "You don't have to be sober to see just how much a mistake it would be to imprison a child like that. Hell, think about it. If she ends up contained and ever actually harnesses this power you're all so afraid of, at will? Would she look so kindly upon those who treated her like a lab rat, stuck in whatever hole you would put her in? Talk about self-fulfilling prophecy. That ain't no life for anyone, let alone a kid. All your intelligent minds and you fail to realize there's a better way."

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Krieg @Crow
@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb
@Atomyk @Verite @Hospes @C.T. @Josh M
@Everyone
Ruby Rose

Divided... Even though they had just barely escaped a trap with their lives, they were forced to pick sides... Contain Ilona, or allow her to run free, allow her a chance to live her own life.

The decision was... Difficult to say the least, and even with her Uncle's words, the image of Jennifer's unconscious form was still very prominent in her mind. Cosmo too, as she had bonded with him over the course of many missions throughout the Coalition, but, alas... This, was where they had to part ways for the time being. Despite her inner conflict, deep down, Ruby already knew what to do... Her decision had already been in place long before this moment.

kQI3n3j.gif

"I... We can't just lock Ilona up" She said a determined look washing across her face.

Ruby turned to look towards Cosmo, but only for a moment... It was apparant that the decision hadn't come easy, at this moment, it was hard to determine which decision was the right one, despite both of them being for the supposed greater good.

"I'm sorry Cosmo... But... I... I'm siding with Kieran." She concluded.

Despite her apparant reluctance, she quietly joined Kieran's side, all she could hope was that her decision was going to be the best one... She glanced at Zwei, wondering if the dog even understood the full extent of what was happening as he lay there in Weiss's arms.

Zwei

In the meantime, Zwei, while not fully being able to comprehend what was happening, had looked at Ruby, whining a little... Before her turned his attention to Weiss. It looks like he was seeing who Weiss will side with... And whether or not it would be in accordance with what Ruby decided, it appeared that the faithfull dog was sticking with Weiss, for the time being anyways. Perhaps he had a better grasp on the situation than one might be lead to believe...

Lois and Bekka had been standing rather quiet by the sidelines hearing the debate and insults getting thrown around. Lois would've wanted to get all of the angles before she decided on a course. Then this happened.

"I think you're wrong."

"A few years off one life? Is that another way of saying life imprisonment?" He tried to stop himself from running up to the woman and trying to shake some sense into her. "Ilona thinks like that because she's a selfless girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She doesn't see the bigger picture, she's upset because of what happened. What do you think will happen if you release Ilona - if you even do - back into society? It's going to overwhelm her. Nothing is going to change."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Minerva @Verite

RedT46_zpsuxvjcmwk.png

"...Are you mansplaining away Illona's thoughts on the matter?" Lois had always had a firm stance on women's rights and Zen's remark really struck a cord with her. "She ended up killing at least three and who can say how many were lost among the regular staff? And while it was an accident who can say that she wont have another accident? If Ms Maximoff hadn't been there we might have lost the entire base. She accepted the responsibility of her actions and went into a cell by her own volition. Are you implying that she was wrong in doing this? Under any other circumstances I might even side with Kyoko, but Illona herself seemed adamant about being kept away from others for her and everyone elses own safety."

RedT63_zpsi1gc0xcq.png

"Most of you will tell me I'm heartless, but right now teaching Illona to control her powers away from prying eyes is the best way for us to help her survive once she's allowed to leave."

Now Bekka would speak up.

Bekka61_zpsgc04lply.png

"What a bunch of children you are." She replied pointing an accusing finger at the people who sided with Kyoko. "And you." The finger would turn to Robin. "You are the supposed leader of the UN yet you are acting like a cowardly milksop! You're hiding behind your red tape and letting Ritsuko feel the the blunt force of these people who only want to protect Illona mainly because she's a precious female!"

Bekka42_zpsxytqn9al.png

"That's much the same reason why you have all decided to join with Kyoko over over Makoto I bet." Both Bekka and Lois would move over to Makoto's side. "Much like Red Tornado I do not agree wholeheartedly with this, but it is quite clear that even when looked after beyond incarceration terrible things will happen if Illona's left unchecked. So until she has fully mastered her powers, much like how she wished, Illona should be kept under guard for the foreseeable future."​

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Josh M and Atomyk
tumblr_nsmfpcvJsi1rjjr2to4_250.gif

"There was once another little girl, in a situation not too unlike Ilona's..."

The unfamiliar voice of the veteran king emerged from the far back of the group, the quiet noble keeping to himself, a constant watcher in the darkness. Through gas and troubles, Umbrella and intrigue, to the division of the multiverse's protectors, the bastard had kept a close yet silent eye. He let the others have their dance, from the few faces he knew to the far many he did not. Their songs were but echoes of what he had to deal with back at home, except the stakes was not fiefdoms and claims of power, but the worry of another threat to the established order of chaotic reality.

Strolling down the middle of the two forming groups, finding fewer and fewer people of neutrality, Jon gazed over at Kyoko and Makoto. He knew them well enough, both of the two holding past, deep connections to one another, yet always have a firm division between the two. Their fates were bound, yes, but by what even the wise yet young king could not tell. Slowly pulling off his cloak, the Snow stood clad in his blacken, leather-brigandine armor.

"She fought once for the Coalition, she was a strong girl, a'ye, the blood of the wolf in 'er. For two times she fought, and two times she lost more and more, until one day she couldn't handle herself. She felt everythin' in the world wasn't in 'er hands anymore, and she decided that enough was enough. So a'ye, the little girl brokered a deal with a man she knew she couldn't trust, but she did it anyways. She turned her grief into power, she forsaken 'er gods, her friends, nearly everythin' she owned to fix what she thought was wrong."

In the span of the speech Jon's wolfish, ash gaze traveled about the inhabitants of the room, occasionally locking them purposefully to grab and garner their attention. He may not know the true happenings of everything, he conceded that, but Jon had fought for long enough in the Coalition to see patterns in history.

"This girl is named Arya Stark, this girl is my sister, and a'ye, I watched my sister die before my eyes. I have seen what that demon does to people firsthand, some of you have, a lot of you haven't. On my honor as a Northerner, I can tell you that it is something to be feared. Even I couldn't bring back Arya from what she became, and I grown to accept that I'll never find true justice for her, a'ye."

Jon somberly remarked, occasional pauses in his speech, gazing over at Makoto, abruptly unsheathing his bastard sword Longclaw. With the Valyrian Steel shimmering against the artificial lights, the bastard spoke loudly, proclaiming his loyalty.

"I stand by Makoto, not because I see him as a good leader, not because I forgive him for what he did not do to save my sister...but I stand by him because I know what will happen if this goes unchecked. A true king doesn't make the right decision, a true king makes the hardest decision. And if any of you believe that lettin' Ilona go freely 'bout with that demon in 'er...all I ask is remember the She-Wolf."

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Ringmaster @Crow
@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @BarrenThin @Minerva @york@Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen@Bomb
"You don't make the right decision, you make the hardest? What the hell, what kind of logic is that?!"

072.png

"I'm sorry for your sister, your majesty, but what the hell... If you're not making the right decision, then you shouldn't be making that damn choice! You're advocating for a girl's imprisonment under the control of a woman who has consistently gone behind our backs, including her own leader, and has dubious intent based on that fact! No matter what power she has, she doesn't deserve to be locked up and 'trained', whatever the hell that shit means given that it would be training decided by her."

He shot a glare Ritsuko's way once again, making it clear who he meant with that last statement. Once he spoke again, he no longer spoke to just Jon but to all of Makoto's side, "Ilona's stronger than what you people think, not just in power either... Besides, for a group that gets so pissed about the U.N. interfering in your business, you seem quite willing to bend over backwards for the second in command of it when she's almost certainly getting marked a traitor at the end of this. Two of your own leaders are telling you all that this shit is wrong, that it's immoral and goes against what the Coalition stands for... Yet here you people are, bending over backwards to the third guy who's barely beyond being a kid himself and some woman that you all seem to have expressed to not want in your business due to her position in the U.N."

"That's a bit idiotic when you think about it, don't you think? For all that independence you people want for your organization, you're not willing to give it to a kid and you're perfectly willing to give it up for a traitor."
Lois and Bekka had been standing rather quiet by the sidelines hearing the debate and insults getting thrown around. Lois would've wanted to get all of the angles before she decided on a course. Then this happened.

RedT46_zpsuxvjcmwk.png

"...Are you mansplaining away Illona's thoughts on the matter?" Lois had always had a firm stance on women's rights and Zen's remark really struck a cord with her. "She ended up killing at least three and who can say how many were lost among the regular staff? And while it was an accident who can say that she wont have another accident? If Ms Maximoff hadn't been there we might have lost the entire base. She accepted the responsibility of her actions and went into a cell by her own volition. Are you implying that she was wrong in doing this? Under any other circumstances I might even side with Kyoko, but Illona herself seemed adamant about being kept away from others for her and everyone elses own safety."

RedT63_zpsi1gc0xcq.png

"Most of you will tell me I'm heartless, but right now teaching Illona to control her powers away from prying eyes is the best way for us to help her survive once she's allowed to leave."

Bekka61_zpsgc04lply.png

"What a bunch of children you are." She replied pointing an accusing finger at the people who sided with Kyoko. "And you." The finger would turn to Robin. "You are the supposed leader of the UN yet you are acting like a cowardly milksop! You're hiding behind your red tape and letting Ritsuko feel the the blunt force of these people who only want to protect Illona mainly because she's a precious female!"

Bekka42_zpsxytqn9al.png

"That's much the same reason why you have all decided to join with Kyoko over over Makoto I bet." Both Bekka and Lois would move over to Makoto's side. "Much like Red Tornado I do not agree wholeheartedly with this, but it is quite clear that even when looked after beyond incarceration terrible things will happen if Illona's left unchecked. So until she has fully mastered her powers, much like how she wished, Illona should be kept under guard for the foreseeable future."​

"Mansplaining? Precious female? Christ, both of you are those preachy-types, aren't you?"

tumblr_mbn0cpwat21rwqgu0.jpg

"Yeah, she got into the cell back then. Yeah, she had a good reason for doing that then. No, that doesn't mean she's agreed to a life of potentially being incarcerated for this shit until she somehow meets whatever goals you asshats set for her."

"As for why I'm on my side?" Shizuo thought for a moment, then shrugged, "Because I know what it's like when people judge you just for the power you have. Outside of a few precious people, everyone eventually sees you as a freak, trying to tear you down every step you take. They'll want you 'taken care of', 'locked up', and eventually killed because they're afraid of what you've got. No one will want anything to do with you, and you'll constantly be terrified of hurting those you care about... Afraid that the next time you hug someone, they'll snap like a twig because you couldn't control your own strength..."

"It isn't about gender with me. It's about helping a kid not go through the shit I went through, of being something to either observe and test like a labrat or to hunt down like some sort of beast... Because at the end of the day, that's what your path is gonna lead to. Her seeing herself as nothing more than her powers, as being worthless and a danger to everyone, and it'll be your faults."

103.png

"If you think I'm wrong for that view, fine, but don't you go distorting me and my viewpoint. I'm doing this to make sure a kid isn't seen as a monster and can be normal if she wants. Not for some garbage about men being superior to women. My morals are my own, and you're not going to twist them around into that horseshit to suit your argument. That just makes you as bad as the people who actually do support that viewpoint, and people like them... They really piss me off and sicken me."

102.png

With that, he turned away to rejoin the crowd on Kieran's side, seemingly finished debating once again. However, he paused when a thought popped in his head. He nodded to himself as if to reassure himself and turned back to glare at Bekka once again, "Oh, and the reason why Robin is letting Ritsuko take this beating? It's because she deserves it, because it's a good punishment for being a treacherous shit who went behind our backs and overstepped her authority while defending her own actions as just. Funny that you seemed to forget that when the criminal is a precious female as you would put it, you pretentious bitch."

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Krieg @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Ringmaster @Crow
@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Nater Taters

"I think you're wrong."

"A few years off one life? Is that another way of saying life imprisonment?" He tried to stop himself from running up to the woman and trying to shake some sense into her. "Ilona thinks like that because she's a selfless girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She doesn't see the bigger picture, she's upset because of what happened. What do you think will happen if you release Ilona - if you even do - back into society? It's going to overwhelm her. Nothing is going to change."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Minerva @Verite

RedT46_zpsuxvjcmwk.png

"...Are you mansplaining away Illona's thoughts on the matter?" Lois had always had a firm stance on women's rights and Zen's remark really struck a cord with her. "While accidentally she ended up killing at least three and who can say how many were lost among the regular staff? If Ms Maximoff hadn't been there we might have lost the entire base. She accepted the responsibility of her actions and went into a cell by her own volition. Are you implying that she was wrong in doing this? Under any other circumstances I might even side with Kyoko, but Illona herself seemed adamant about being kept away from others for her and everyone elses own safety."

RedT63_zpsi1gc0xcq.png

Bekka61_zpsgc04lply.png

Bekka42_zpsxytqn9al.png

"You don't make the right decision, you make the hardest? What the hell, what kind of logic is that?!"

072.png

"I'm sorry for your sister, your majesty, but what the hell... If you're not making the right decision, then you shouldn't be making that damn choice! You're advocating for a girl's imprisonment under the control of a woman who has consistently gone behind our backs, including her own leader, and has dubious intent based on that fact! No matter what power she has, she doesn't deserve to be locked up and 'trained', whatever the hell that shit means given that it would be training decided by her."

He shot a glare Ritsuko's way once again, making it clear who he meant with that last statement. Once he spoke again, he no longer spoke to just Jon but to all of Makoto's side, "Ilona's stronger than what you people think, not just in power either... Besides, for a group that gets so pissed about the U.N. interfering in your business, you seem quite willing to bend over backwards for the second in command of it when she's almost certainly getting marked a traitor at the end of this. Two of your own leaders are telling you all that this shit is wrong, that it's immoral and goes against what the Coalition stands for... Yet here you people are, bending over backwards to the third guy who's barely beyond being a kid himself and some woman that you all seem to have expressed to not want in your business due to her position in the U.N."

"That's a bit idiotic when you think about it, don't you think? For all that independence you people want for your organization, you're not willing to give it to a kid and you're perfectly willing to give it up for a traitor."

"Mansplaining? Precious female? Christ, both of you are those preachy-types, aren't you?"

tumblr_mbn0cpwat21rwqgu0.jpg

"Yeah, she got into the cell back then. Yeah, she had a good reason for doing that then. No, that doesn't mean she's agreed to a life of potentially being incarcerated for this shit until she somehow meets whatever goals you asshats set for her."

"As for why I'm on my side?" Shizuo thought for a moment, then shrugged, "Because I know what it's like when people judge you just for the power you have. Outside of a few precious people, everyone eventually sees you as a freak, trying to tear you down every step you take. They'll want you 'taken care of', 'locked up', and eventually killed because they're afraid of what you've got. No one will want anything to do with you, and you'll constantly be terrified of hurting those you care about... Afraid that the next time you hug someone, they'll snap like a twig because you couldn't control your own strength..."

"It isn't about gender with me. It's about helping a kid not go through the shit I went through, of being something to either observe and test like a labrat or to hunt down like some sort of beast... Because at the end of the day, that's what your path is gonna lead to. Her seeing herself as nothing more than her powers, as being worthless and a danger to everyone, and it'll be your faults."

103.png

"If you think I'm wrong for that view, fine, but don't you go distorting me and my viewpoint. I'm doing this to make sure a kid isn't seen as a monster and can be normal if she wants. Not for some garbage about men being superior to women. My morals are my own, and you're not going to twist them around into that horseshit to suit your argument. That just makes you as bad as the people who actually do support that viewpoint, and people like them... They really piss me off and sicken me."

102.png

With that, he turned away to rejoin the crowd on Kieran's side, seemingly finished debating once again. However, he paused when a thought popped in his head. He nodded to himself as if to reassure himself and turned back to glare at Bekka once again, "Oh, and the reason why Robin is letting Ritsuko take this beating? It's because she deserves it, because it's a good punishment for being a treacherous shit who went behind our backs and overstepped her authority while defending her own actions as just. Funny that you seemed to forget that when the criminal is a precious female as you would put it, you pretentious bitch."

@Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Krieg @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Ringmaster @Crow
@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Sen @Bomb

Boy, boy, oh boy. This was getting juicy.

But Madoka preferred dry sugar delicacies to moist ones.

glXTgGe.webp

"Remain calm, everyone...." Madoka places a hand on Zen's shoulder, "I can trust you to be calm. Now... where do I be-"

WBJfeMo.webp

"What's mansplaining?"

"Not now, brother. Both parties do not appear to respect each other's views. Well, for the most part, anyways, and I can see why. A fair deal of the individuals on Makoto's side appear to desire a third choice of sorts, but as long as there are two factions and two factions alone, I have little to no reason to defect," Madoka explains. "I agree with a fair deal of what Shizuo here has said. With a certain someone on the other side, I can see why many would avoid... joining Makoto. It is not up to me to dictate your sense of judgement, and I do not believe it is up to you to dictate ours either. I will refuse to defect as long as the data... isn't taking Illona's rights into account. And as long as we do not have Illona by our side, that is impossible."

"I don't know about that last sentence, sister," Kido indicates, "something is really, really, dictating our choice."

Kido has a thought.​

tumblr_o090s9b4y61v3qowuo8_100.png

"Ah... so a supervising eye over this one girl? It couldn't hurt to have that, just for the sake of safety. Ours and hers, sounds about right... right?"

tumblr_o8dl0nhhoV1v3qowuo1_100.png

"It doesn't have to be Ritsuko. Like for example... I could always keep a good eye on dear Ilona, just like I keep a good eye over my good friend Elesis here~"

Looking over at Shizuo's direction, a sneaky smile appeared on Add's face, as if he was talking about doing good for the sake of Ilona and the rest of the group.

"So in a way, I can see myself working juuust fine with Makoto's side of this situation, and the same goes for Elesis~"

"Please do not ask me what it is."

"What might it be, brother?"

"Goddamnit."

@Sen @Jeremi @Ringmaster @The Tactician @Crow

Last edited:

RedT46_zpsuxvjcmwk.png

RedT63_zpsi1gc0xcq.png

Bekka61_zpsgc04lply.png

Bekka42_zpsxytqn9al.png

103.png

102.png

glXTgGe.webp

"Remain calm, everyone...." Madoka places a hand on Zen's shoulder, "I can trust you to be calm. Now... where do I be-"

EdlHGPH.png

"Mansplaining?" Zen chortled. "Precious female? That has nothing to do with this!" the actor spat out. "A woman or a man or anything in between, I don't stand for them being locked up. You think I want to see jerks take advantage of how selfless this girl is? I hate it when I see that sort of stuff. I agree with Heiwajima-ssi here. Just because she feels guilty over what she's done and would want to give herself in, do you think she wants to be locked up for life and have it be played with?" He glanced over at Lois, "Nobody in this world would want that. That's ridiculous."

"She's still young and easily influenced, you people are putting weird thoughts in her head." He could only nod as Shizuo spoke. Locking her up was going to smash what was left of her. Already traumatised by what she saw, how much was she hurting inside? A girl like her... seeing herself as a danger to society. To the world... he shuddered. "Ilona deserves to be happy."
yfD6xVl.png

"I really don't know what I expected from you, Bekka-ssi.
But if you really think that gender matters in this sort of situation, why would you want to lock up a fellow 'girl'?"

He couldn't deny that was getting angrier and angrier as time went on. So maybe it was good timing when Madoka snapped Zen out of the boiling anger inside of him. "Mm~ For you, Madoka PD-ssi. I will be calm." He sighed heavily. "I- I need a breather."

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Krieg @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Ringmaster @Crow
@Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Jeremi @Bomb

glXTgGe.webp

WBJfeMo.webp

"What's mansplaining?"

"Not now, brother. Both parties do not appear to respect each other's views. Well, for the most part, anyways, and I can see why. A fair deal of the individuals on Makoto's side appear to desire a third choice of sorts, but as long as there are two factions and two factions alone, I have little to no reason to defect," Madoka explains. "I agree with a fair deal of what Shizuo here has said. With a certain someone on the other side, I can see why many would avoid... joining Makoto. It is not up to me to dictate your sense of judgement, and I do not believe it is up to you to dictate ours either. I will refuse to defect until specifics regarding Makoto's supposed programme is released. I will refuse to defect as long as the data... isn't taking Illona's rights into account. And as long as we do not have Illona by our side, that is impossible."

"I don't know about that last sentence, sister," Kido indicates, "something is really, really, dictating our choice."

Kido has a thought.​

"Please do not ask me what it is."

"What might it be, brother?"

"Goddamnit."

@Sen @Jeremi @Ringmaster @The Tactician @Crow
tumblr_o8dl8gtFfU1v3qowuo6_100.png

"Oh, whoever that person is, it shouldn't take a single person being on one side to avoid seeing the other side of the scenario~ Because it is a tad bit rude, depending on who that certain someone is, hm~?"

A mischievous grin on the Esper's face, Add leaned over towards Kids and Madoka.

tumblr_od7bnt675g1v3qowuo9_100.png

"And besides, I only suggested a way I could assist this side of the conflict. I'm not the one pulling strings for the real big decisions~ I don't intend to do such things because I know a single decision from one person isn't good enough for what we have to plan for dear Ilona. Hopefully everyone can get that picture straight."

@Crow @Sen @The Tactician @Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @others @mobile post​

RAN8uOx.gif

The king had turned his attention to the rivaling faction, seeing all of those same distant yet familiar faces. He knew Ruby, that young child, vibrant and fearless, not too unlike his former sibling. He knew the face of Shiki, a man probably not too unlike himself, troubled with loss and grief yet still having the endurance and fortitude to push against the tides. He knew many faces, yet in every one of them, the noble could see only disdain and disgust for the other side. In the past, the Targaryens danced with one another in the Dance of Dragons, the lords and ladies of the courts dawning either a shade of green or a shade of black for their alignment. Despite not an immense scholar of history, the bastard couldn't help but draw the comparison in his mind, knowing that this would lead to bloodshed and the ending of a legacy.

"ENOUGH!"

His voice, stout, sharp, and sonorous called out with fury, huffing out with immense weight, the former watchman taking a few tender steps forward. Holding his sword, Longclaw, by the Valyrian blade, he felt his ebony gloves tighten against the precious steel in anger. Holding it firm, so the blade would not bite into the snug leather, Jon firmly gazed ahead with his wolfish gaze.

"I will not sit here and be belittled by a faction while the other praises me for swearin' my oath to man who was responsible for my sister's death! You all think Ilona is powerful, and a'ye, she is a strong girl, but the Demon is nothin' compared to 'er strength! If Arya fell to it, what makes ye' think Ilona won't do the same? What happens then?! I already been through one war, I lost my family and nearly my home, do you suggest we risk it again? Do you think that I am doin' this because I want to?"

Jon declared, his temper rising, but wanting to stay steadfast in his beliefs. He had been through war already, he had seen what passions can do to a man and the folly of the passions already. Not doubt in a perfect world, Jon would let Ilona be free, so that she may live a life of prosperity and happiness. But this was not a perfect world, and in the longterm, Jon knew that he had to do what was absolutely necessary to win. Not out of some self-guided pursuit of power, but to stop an impending storm that could bring devastation on a scale beyond human comprehension.

"No, I am doin' this because I have to. Only a handful of ye' seen the Demon for yourselves, and a'ye, he lives up to his legend. What do you know of him, huh? Words on a book you read in the library?!"

Jon pounded with his words, fury and frustration clawing at the emotional young king making a subjective decision, slamming the scabbard of Longclaw on the cold, steel ground.

"Ruby, you fought along with me! You know the war, you know what risk we run leavin' her to 'er devices! Half of us weren't heroes, we were mercenaries and sellswords tryin' to make one last bit of coin, and the ones that were either died fightin' or are standing in this room right now! Wonder why there isn't many of us to remember, huh? Because we're the ones that are left. And yea, maybe it'll still happen if we lock 'er up, but at least we tried to stop it outside of lettin' that disease grow and grow!"

@york
@The Tactician
@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Sen @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Ringmaster @Crow @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @darnerdemons @Chewy Rabbits @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @BarrenThin @Minerva @york @Kaykay @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @pubbbb @Verite @The Tactician @Takumi @Yang Lee @Hospes @Josh M @Jeremi @Bomb

tumblr_o8dl8gtFfU1v3qowuo6_100.png

"Oh, whoever that person is, it shouldn't take a single person being on one side to avoid seeing the other side of the scenario~ Because it is a tad bit rude, depending on who that certain someone is, hm~?"

A mischievous grin on the Esper's face, Add leaned over towards Kids and Madoka.

[/USER] @Jeremi @Atomyk @Verite @others @mobile post​

glXTgGe.webp

"This is all a game to you, isn't it, Add? This certain someone has enough authority to activate those plans and treat her to possible inhumane methods and tactics, and all in all... that is the opposite of my primary profession."

tumblr_od7bnt675g1v3qowuo9_100.png

"And besides, I only suggested a way I could assist this side of the conflict. I'm not the one pulling strings for the real big decisions~ I don't intend to do such things because I know a single decision from one person isn't good enough for what we have to plan for dear Ilona. Hopefully everyone can get that picture straight."

WBJfeMo.webp

"Yeah... 'assist'. Mmhmm... I'm... actually very frightened at the thought of what it actually means in your case. You certainly have stricken fear in my heart, if that's your thing," Kido nonchalantly whistles, then turns to Shizuo and whispers, "this guy... he's legitimately going to do that if he's victorious, isn't he?"

@Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies @The Tactician @Verite @Jeremi @Crow @others​

These people were all insane.

Everyone of them, with exceptions. Either too caught up in personal conflict, seeking to undermine each others points or too obsessed with being right and forcing the other to see it. It was times like this, Saber Alter reflected that she was glad she wasn't part of this group- Either of them. Her loyalty was simple, her code even more so. Moreover, this was all something she had seen before...In her memories at least. Camelot had fallen for less and it was occurring all over again. Which was why she spoke in a condescending sneer.

"The evidence of your commitment to the worlds are astonishing to behold. Why do we waste time, doing nothing but spout empty words? Do you truly regard each other as your enemies that much? Will you fall to maul one another like dogs, for a prize not even in hand? Or will you leave your comrades behind should you find a method of escape, simply because you cannot agree? If you feel you are all these things, then I for one want nothing to do with it. Here and now, somewhere in this place and kept by those who delight in making the dead dance to their tune, is a terrified child. I don't need a committee to tell me what to do about it."

"......"

Lucifer was thoughtfully quiet, looking at her before finally nodding.

"She's right. Lets move out, see what we can do about it then. We can tear each other down after."

Lucifer gestured and moved out to take point.

Saber moved to do the same thing for her group.

Talk was cheap- That much was agreed on.

Time for action was now.

@Gummi Bunnies @DBZ7 @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Wren @Archwar @Crimson Spartan @dark @Krieg @Crow

It seemed Lucifer and Saber Alter's words had fallen on deaf ears for Makoto.

"I-I don't know what you guys think Add is planning, but we're not going to let someone do something crazy just because they agree on this decision."

Makoto knew they weren't going to get anywhere as long as those against him thought them monsters and traitors. It didn't seem right... where were these conclusions coming from? Did they know something about Ritsuko that Makoto didn't? More needed to be said.

gZDrfkb.png

"Shizuo, Zen... I don't know what to say when you insist that Ritsuko is treacherous or that she intends to lock Ilona away forever." Makoto took a weary look toward the woman in question. "If she was going to lock Ilona up forever... no, I wouldn't agree, but that is not the promise here. Ritsuko isn't defying her superiors, Robin is just at odds with what the UN bureaucracy wants. I understand he's upset... I would be too in his position, but Ritsuko is the voice of the General Assembly. Many in the UN stand by this decision, whether we want to like it or not. This is not the traitorous movement you're making it out to be! I'm, uh, bending over, as you put it, because our groups require harmony. I'm not standing here for independence. I am aware that the Coalition needs the UN's help!"

Kieran scoffed, looking away from Makoto momentarily. He seemed to be searching for the words to say. "... Look, the debate about Ilona... it's about her, I get that, but I'm not sure I have really made a full decision about that... still, I don't think it's a decision Ritsuko or the United Nations should have any say in. Not Robin either. I don't think Makoto is immoral or a monster like the others, I just wish my voice had been heard."

"K-Kieran... I'm sorry. You know I'm sorry. But..." Makoto's hands balled into fists. "Listen, where did anyone get the idea Ilona had been kidnapped by Ritsuko? Both Ritsuko and I talked to her and she agreed to this! Fine, say Ritsuko or I took advantage of her, but to tell me you support Ilona's free will while also saying her decisions are wrong is... well..."

hhqSapD.png

"... I am not judging Ilona for her power. She was and still is my friend. I believe in her and her choice!"

Makoto left his declaration at that, speaking loudly for all to hear. In his opinion, there was little more to be said in this debate, but he knew they would continue to argue. He looked to Shepard, who had not chosen a side yet one way or another, noting that she seemed about ready to bark out orders once again.

It was then that Jon spoke, his words causing Makoto to grow deeply red with embarrassment. For Jon to directly say he was responsible to all here... it left a bitter taste in Makoto's mouth. He knew he only felt a touch of anger at Jon's words due to the guilt that already ran through him. Arya was a big reason why Makoto had sided with the General Assembly's decision in the first place. Perhaps if he had done something differently, Jon's little sister would still be here today. If the world would not change, then Makoto had to change to make some sense of it all.

"Jon... thank you." It felt a little odd to be thanking Jon after he had named Makoto as Arya's killer, but he was just thankful Jon agreed with him to some degree. There was a connection between them neither could deny. A bond forged out of blood and mutual guilt. The memory of the She-Wolf had brought them here to this moment.

This was for Arya.

This was for Jennifer.

yMe7liW.png

"Just... thank you."

@Verite @Ringmaster @Krieg @Jeremi @The Tactician @Sen @Minerva @Debate

The scarlet haired woman stared forward at seemingly nothing as she listened to the debate going on. Her decision unsettled on either side as the talks continued on. Support and accept illona's free will at her imprisonment, or disagree with her will and set her free? It was almost paradoxical. Her eyes skit about others faces as she looked for some opinion she can get behind, who would be 'allies' or 'enemies.'
@debate

Reactions: Atomyk
Status
Not open for further replies.