• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Before Shizuo could step forward to make it clear that he wouldn't hold back in wailing on Add or to respond to Makoto, Lucifer was there, whispering something to him while acting as if he was holding him back. "Dammit... Fine..." Gritting his teeth in frustration, the ex-bartender backed away from the debate, taking a more passive stance while others took the attention of everyone before moving back.

"This had better be good, priest..."
Corrin was uncomfortable, to say the least. She made her way to where Lucifer was while the rest continued to debate.
"So, what's the buzz, Lucy?"
"What he said." Qrow chimed in with a nod over in Shizuo's direction as he slinked in closer to the back.
"Who are you?" He asked in confusion briefly towards the Producers. Only friends called him Lucy and even then, usually it was earned via battle alongside him barring unique circumstances. Shaking it off, he went right to it as he spoke to the party he had surrounded himself with.

"We've a traitor among us. I don't know who, I don't know how but even the conjuncture I've been putting together has been damning. - Hisoka when we saw him knew things about the base he couldn't otherwise as known. He was broken out by someone no one would have questioned heading down. And the Coalition had thought it fit to keep secrets from us previously, which only muddles the situation. Saber confronted the spymaster- Asked him what the source of despair she sensed was. He replied to her that whatever the prisoners said to disregard as there was no truth in it....But she never mentioned the prisoners."

He narrowed his eyes.

"All I'm asking is that you be exceedingly discreet. Keep it to our group for now and keep an eye out for anyone acting....Strange. Its another reason why I sent Saber Alter over to the other group. Not just to protect them from whatever is in this base, but also from the traitor if he or she has people among them. We're divided as it is, among the leadership. And I for one, didn't fight this long just to see everything crumble like dust in the wind."

@The Tactician @Minerva @C.T. @Crow

"The escaped prisoner has nothing to do with this. I'm sure that he simply took advantage of the sudden explosion and ran off. Once this ordeal is done and over, retrieving him will be a top priority," Ocelot would say to Lang, crossing his arms as he'd continue to glare at the other side, "I initially kept the information about Ilona from you, Mr. Lang, and the rest of the group under orders from the higher-ups. Didn't want to cause a mass panic or wave of paranoia so quickly, but... I suppose something like this was bound to happen eventually."

Ritsuko sneered at the jeers coming her way, her hands still pocketed in her lab coat as she'd stand her ground. "You're all acting like I'm the bad guy here, huh? Then tell me something... If I'm the "villain," what would the "hero" do then? Just continue to let Ilona suffer with the burden of knowing that her unstable power, power that she can't hope to control or repress without guidance? The more you advocate to let her go off on her own, the more you're advocating for more innocent lives to be lost. Lives that could have been saved if action was taken. I assure you all, young Naegi is making his decision to side with me of his own volition. Now, I'd love it if you'd tear down this straw man argument that I'm some villain waiting to snatch her up. Or have you all already forgotten that Ilona herself requests to be detained?" She asked, looking at everyone.

wnVShfS.png

"You should have at least waited to get an okay from everyone before trying to whisk her away," Shiki would interject when Ritsuko would take a moment to breathe, "For someone so cool-headed, you seem like you want to avoid as many opposing opinions being voiced as possible."

Ritsuko simply gave a shrug, not caring much for Shiki's words. "Beginning to transport her back to UN Headquarters so quickly might have been an error in judgment, I admit, but I'll say again, this course of action is for the best. It isn't like she'd be a prisoner, confined to the headquarters, but we can't be reckless either. You've all seen what she's capable of when others are able to manipulate her emotions and power, and might I add once again that I didn't strong-arm Ilona into doing anything. Hell, she practically begged me to take her in. It just so happened that I was intending to do what she asked of me from the beginning anyway."

"As for how to contain her, at first, she'll be on a remote world, a dead world where she wouldn't be able to hurt anyone with her power, no matter how great it becomes, until my plans are approved. That is, the plans to construct a safe sector located near the UN Headquarters, a room connected to the building by a long walkway, but still separated a small distance. She'll be observed and taken care of in this room, reinforced with the most durable materials and the strongest supernatural means of power suppression that we have on hand, while we'll have people working to help her in the very next room, protected from any potential risk. How does that sound? Surely makes up for the flawed, permeable design of the Coalition Headquarters, if you ask me."

@Nater Taters @Crow @Atomyk @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Archwar @Minerva @Josh M @Everybody
A stillness came over Robin's face. Anger slowly built up in his calm face. "Containment. That's the Foundation's job." Robin said. "As much as I believe in their morality, I'm not even letting them get ahold of Ilona." Robin seemed to have calmed down somewhat. "It's too risky, and it's wrong. It's best to just let her be free."

"What a load of shit."

077.png

"You went behind Kyoko, Keiran, and Robin's backs along with everyone else here! You made it seem like we'd have a say at that meeting... But you and the scientist had Ilona taken away without our knowledge, putting her in danger because no one but your people knew where the hell she was! You can't just stand there and act like you did right by us or by Ilona!"

"As for the fact that there were people in the U.N. who helped you... Then they're getting a kick in the ass when I get a hold of them! This sort of shadowy bullshit is the kind of stuff that causes the wrong side to win a fight, and I'm not letting it happen to the U.N. Even if it means I have to clean house for Robin myself... I'll do it, just so people like Ritsuko can't do shit like this again!"

It was clear Shizuo was growing angrier with each passing moment, and he was about to break away from his side of the room to approach Makoto. However, the reasonable voice of Officer Lang calmed him down for a few moments.

"Better supervised... but not locked up, to get tested like some sort of monster. I'm not letting anyone, especially a kid, be treated like they're less than human, and knowing how the doctor doesn't seem to have any compunction about screwing everyone else to get her way... I don't want her in the U.N. or anywhere near Ilona."

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow

tumblr_ochx37XnRY1v3qowuo8_100.png

"..."

Being the rather quiet person she was, Elesis stood there, unable to really make a cohesive response to this development before them. Though, there was a hint of concern in the knight's eyes, as if she was slightly bothered by this talk about Ilona.

tumblr_o090s9b4y61v3qowuo8_100.png

"Ah... so a supervising eye over this one girl? It couldn't hurt to have that, just for the sake of safety. Ours and hers, sounds about right... right?"

tumblr_o8dl0nhhoV1v3qowuo1_100.png

"It doesn't have to be Ritsuko. Like for example... I could always keep a good eye on dear Ilona, just like I keep a good eye over my good friend Elesis here~"

Looking over at Shizuo's direction, a sneaky smile appeared on Add's face, as if he was talking about doing good for the sake of Ilona and the rest of the group.

"So in a way, I can see myself working juuust fine with Makoto's side of this situation, and the same goes for Elesis~"

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Atomyk

"Yeah, that's right!" Kieran said, looking quite animated now as he agreed with Shizuo. "Even if the UN is strong-arming us, it's you who spoke for all of the Coalition! Didn't I say this was going too far?"

Letting out a sigh, Makoto shook his head. "I did right by everyone. Ilona agreed to be watched... this was never against her will. Besides, do you really think Umbrella couldn't have taken her no matter where she was if they had managed to infiltrate our headquarters and whisk us all away?"

"W-Wait!" Leia raised a hand. "Weren't we already supervising Ilona? Um, I mean... I guess that didn't work, right? So that's probably why they wanted to go a step further..."

gGVQZKw.png

"I really wish there was another way, but to look at it otherwise is just being stubborn. I believe in Ilona... but I believe in Ritsuko too. Together, I'm sure they can get Ilona in control of her own abilities soon enough! As for how she'll be contained, uh..." Makoto looked to Ritsuko expectantly.

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Archwar @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies

WBJfeMo.png

"Well, this guy's pretty reasonable. It'll be pretty chill to debate with him later," Kido comments upon hearing Lang speak. "After we find Illona and the exit, in the exact order."

WBJfeMo.png

"Calm down Shizuo, save your anger point for the Umbrella cronies and the debate stuff. Damn, I already want Pinyakorata back... Can't say the same for everyone else, though. Should I intervene?"

Kido looks at the crowd with an escalating argument.

"I think I should do the honour of halting this mayhem. So, aggressive shouting or reasonable soothing voice? Also, what's a suka?"

The Producer siblings followed along.

WBJfeMo.png

"So, what's the buzz, Lucy?"

glXTgGe.png

"What do you have in mind, Mr Angelschu?"

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Archwar @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies
"Exactly, Mister Producer. We're all standing around debating the future of someone that we don't even know is okay. How about we postpone this debate before Umbrella gives us a third option no one wants?"
"The escaped prisoner has nothing to do with this. I'm sure that he simply took advantage of the sudden explosion and ran off. Once this ordeal is done and over, retrieving him will be a top priority," Ocelot would say to Lang, crossing his arms as he'd continue to glare at the other side, "I initially kept the information about Ilona from you, Mr. Lang, and the rest of the group under orders from the higher-ups. Didn't want to cause a mass panic or wave of paranoia so quickly, but... I suppose something like this was bound to happen eventually."

Ritsuko sneered at the jeers coming her way, her hands still pocketed in her lab coat as she'd stand her ground. "You're all acting like I'm the bad guy here, huh? Then tell me something... If I'm the "villain," what would the "hero" do then? Just continue to let Ilona suffer with the burden of knowing that her unstable power, power that she can't hope to control or repress without guidance? The more you advocate to let her go off on her own, the more you're advocating for more innocent lives to be lost. Lives that could have been saved if action was taken. I assure you all, young Naegi is making his decision to side with me of his own volition. Now, I'd love it if you'd tear down this straw man argument that I'm some villain waiting to snatch her up. Or have you all already forgotten that Ilona herself requests to be detained?" She asked, looking at everyone.

wnVShfS.png

"You should have at least waited to get an okay from everyone before trying to whisk her away," Shiki would interject when Ritsuko would take a moment to breathe, "For someone so cool-headed, you seem like you want to avoid as many opposing opinions being voiced as possible."

Ritsuko simply gave a shrug, not caring much for Shiki's words. "Beginning to transport her back to UN Headquarters so quickly might have been an error in judgment, I admit, but I'll say again, this course of action is for the best. It isn't like she'd be a prisoner, confined to the headquarters, but we can't be reckless either. You've all seen what she's capable of when others are able to manipulate her emotions and power, and might I add once again that I didn't strong-arm Ilona into doing anything. Hell, she practically begged me to take her in. It just so happened that I was intending to do what she asked of me from the beginning anyway."

"As for how to contain her, at first, she'll be on a remote world, a dead world where she wouldn't be able to hurt anyone with her power, no matter how great it becomes, until my plans are approved. That is, the plans to construct a safe sector located near the UN Headquarters, a room connected to the building by a long walkway, but still separated a small distance. She'll be observed and taken care of in this room, reinforced with the most durable materials and the strongest supernatural means of power suppression that we have on hand, while we'll have people working to help her in the very next room, protected from any potential risk. How does that sound? Surely makes up for the flawed, permeable design of the Coalition Headquarters, if you ask me."

@Nater Taters @Crow @Atomyk @The Tactician @LuckycoolHawk9 @Yun Lee @Archwar @Minerva @Josh M @Everybody

"What the hell kind of higher ups would allow to keep something so dangerous under wraps? You'd think the threat of something like that explosion would warrant better precautions..."

"...except that!"
Lang looked at Ritsuko in horror. "That's exactly what I'm saying not to do! She's still a person, not a zoo animal! Naegi, do you STILL trust her after hearing this?!"

@Crow @Verite @Atomyk

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Once everyone had been gathered at the rendezvous point, the rest of the hostages recovered along with the equipment stolen from everyone by Umbrella being returned, Kyoko would stand in front of everyone, taking an authoritative stand as she'd make her statement, intending to lead the group and keep them unified, unlike before.

Of those still knocked out, Commander Shepard was first to awake. Her eyes fluttered open and she groggily shrugged out of the grip of those that had been supporting her. She needed a moment to gather herself, but it didn't take long for the woman to listen to a quick explanation and know exactly what was up. She was a woman of action, after all.

LjzHDEI.png

"I'll help you manage here, Captain-Commander."

She gave Kieran a reassuring nod before barking out orders like the seasoned commander she was. One would find it hard to believe she'd just spent a significant time unconscious with how she herded the group. "Get into formation and put those who can't fight in the middle! Once we rush those doors, there's no telling what will hit us."

"Okay, everyone. I don't know what Umbrella has planned for us, why we were brought here, or where Ilona is, but we don't have time to stand around and think over it. Not while she might be getting tortured or having her power exploited somewhere else," the young woman said, turning around and beginning to walk, leading the group forward towards the end of the hall.

"Be ready for anything. This all... seems too easy. They have to be setting up some sort of trap somewhere to spring onto us," she would continue warily.

"Might I remind you, I couldn't get past the door that leads outside this hall, and it doesn't look like any of the guards in here had the means to open the door. It's been hermetically sealed to keep people like us from getting out," Ocelot would speak up, following her and the rest of the group, "Whatever they want us here for, maybe they wanted us to hope that we were getting out, tricking us into thinking we could get out of here with something that a guard would have had on them."

Without stopping or wavering, Kyoko replied in turn, eyes filled with determination.

"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? The answer is quite simply... one party has to surrender. And I won't ever surrender."

With that, the group would continue navigating their way through the empty hall, the effects of the mist slowly but surely wearing off as everyone would slowly manage to get their powers back, before they would be stopped by the aforementioned, unlockable door that stood in their way. Even from a quick glance, it was easy to assume that the door was a sturdy one, and even though everyone's powers had been returning slowly, no one was in a state of getting through it.

Except one person.

d8d95708306941ebab6a1756839810a7.png

Not even a knob or any buttons to open the door with.

Ritsuko would sigh, pocketing her hands as they'd all come to a stop, looking at Kyoko with some irritation. "Alright, then, leader. How do you propose we get past this ordeal? Or did you not consider the reality when making such a cool little speech?"

"I'm not a reckless person, Ms. Akagi. I'm aware of what I said, and I stand by it. After all, there's always a way past the unbeatable. If we don't have a way past this, we'll make a way. Wouldn't you agree... Tohno, was it?" Kyoko would respond, glancing over at Shiki.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

Shiki had already been in the process of removing his glasses when Kyoko would pose a question to him. The young man would give Kyoko a nod, drawing his knife, the only item of value that had been put in the Storage Room, later recovered, when everyone had been captured by Umbrella.

"Way ahead of you."

Pocketing his glasses now, his eyes, once a dull grey, were filled with a vibrant indigo. His pupils shone with an ironic light that indicated life. For his eyes were the very essence of death.

Though nothing seemed to change from everyone else's point of view, the world shifted for Shiki. Everything and everyone, from his perspective, had changed. Red, pulsating lines and dots formed all over his vision. Lines and points that, when traced or stabbed, fulfilled the "death" that they symbolized, no matter how powerful they might be on the outside. With these eyes, an artillery tank could be downed with nothing more than a writing pen, if not one's own fingers.

The indestructible door was no exception to the fate of death.

kUWGiMB.png

Without missing a beat, Shiki dashed towards the door and swung his knife at the door repeatedly. From everyone else's point of view, it looked like he was randomly scratching at the door with his knife, and one might even call him crazy for expecting something to happen if they weren't aware of his power. Yet, sure enough...

Before long, the door fell apart piece by piece, exactly by the patterns that Shiki had cut it apart with. Each piece of the door would fall to the ground with loud thuds, the entire door itself likely having been hundreds of not thousands of pounds. With a breath, the young man would take out his glasses and put them on again, shaking his head briefly, as if to shake away the lines he had seen before.

WLsWybI.png

"Well, then... We should get going. Shall we?"

"Good work," Kyoko simply said with a nod, before moving forward as suggested, Shiki and Len following her when she would move past them.

However... Even for those anticipating a trap somewhere along the line, no one would be able to anticipate what had been waiting for them in the very next room...

The room beyond was nothing special. Just a blank room with metallic grey walls that was just about big enough to fit the entire group. In fact, its size seemed so perfect, that Shepard quickly felt something was wrong. "Wait, let's leave some back, just in case--"

The woman was cut off by the booming sound of some kind of explosion. A gust of hot air blew those who lingered in the hallway forward, flinging them into the room ahead. The entrance that had been cut open by Shiki was covered by a heavy metal shutter, as if it had been expected of him to have cut through the first door.

"Shiki, can you--!" Makoto began to cry, but he was drowned out by a loud droning sound. Panels in the wall lowered to reveal that the source of the sound were a number of fans that began pumping a mist into the room. There was no time to do anything, as the lingering effects of the fog from outside ensured full exposure to this second round of mist. Not only would those with powers feel it all slip away, but even the most mundane of the group would feel their entire body beginning to shut down. One could barely hold their eyes open as...

More panels in the wall slid open to reveal what appeared to be flamethrowers. They covered every wall of the room, nozzles flickering with flame, ready to burn the group alive.

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

The heat was almost impossible to bear, and they flames had yet to even start up. It was only a matter of time now.

... If not for what could only be divine intervention, anyway. Visible streaks of bright electricity flashed from above, coursing down through the walls to shut off both the fans and the flamethrowers. They receded into the wall and the room instantly became cooler as a result.

The divine electricity wasn't done yet, for it then danced around the room, jumping through the fog to dissipate it. It seemed to reinvigorate everyone it passed, removing them of their grogginess and allowing them once again to access their powers.

Once the fog was gone, there was a great cry from a woman in the group.

ZzCwPiQ.png

Channeling lightning between her hands, one might think it was Morrigan who had saved them, but the more observant would know she had still been unconscious when the electricity had shut off the fans.

Morrigan shot the built up magic forward, slamming it into the shutter at the opposite side of the room. It collapsed and was blown backward by the blast, revealing a new hallway beyond.

The mage let out a heavy sigh before she spoke. "Whatever the source of that miraculous recovery, let's not dawdle in this death trap of a room." Shepard quickly agreed and began ushering the group into the next hallway. It wasn't until they came to what appeared to be an empty common room that they stopped once again.

"What is our purpose here?" Morrigan asked no one in particular. "To die? To suffer? I may have only just awoken, but I have to question their motives. 'Twould have been far easier to kill us when they had the chance."

"I don't really care," Kieran said with some degree of annoyance. "We just need to get Ilona and get out of here."

"There could be more trapped... not just Ilona. Other Coalition members."

"Hold on, someone mind telling me what's the plan once we save her? You still arguing what to do with her?"

"Uh... well--"

"Ritsuko's not laying a hand on her, that's for sure."

icdVaTg.gif

"This is hardly the time for that! And besides, what would you have me do, let even more people die while you deliberately let power like that go unchecked?!" Ritsuko would snap at Kieran irritably, facing his direction with an angry expression on her face.

"Do I really have to remind you all that three people died when she lost control, and we were lucky it was only three! But next time, it could be six, and then thirty, and then three hundred! That blood would be on your hands, and unless you turn away from the gravity of the situation, I doubt you would be able to handle that burden on your shoulders."

Practically sliding in between Kieran and Ritsuko, the latter of the two marching right over to his direction, Kyoko would give the older woman a fiery look, the blonde stopping in her tracks as the two of them would practically stare each other down for an uncomfortable moment, before Kyoko would speak her piece.

kiri022.png

"She is under our protection. And it will remain that way for as long as we deem it necessary."

Hardly fazed by Kyoko's bravado, Ritsuko would clash with the Ultimate Detective, looking down at her like a child.

"So confident in your power... But a lot of things have changed since you've been gone, Miss Kirigiri. I'm afraid that if we can't reach a compromise that yields a satisfactory result... then we cannot continue to cooperate together."

"And just what might you be suggesting?"

"I think you can figure that one out, detective. Or should your friend Naegi spell it out to you? You seem to understand words better when he says them, after all. One could almost think..."

Makoto looked helplessly between the two women, realizing he had to say something to quell the growing tension. Now that the danger had passed, it seemed everyone was reverting back to their earlier tension.

aXJ3Cpm.png

"K-Kyoko... I understand how you feel, but we can't make such claims. Once Ilona is saved, then we can continue this discussion."

"I think it's very clear both you and Ritsuko plan to whisk her away once this is over," Kieran said gruffly, stepping forward so that he was staring defiantly at Makoto. "There won't be a discussion, because why would you both? I don't think I should help you here."

Makoto looked back at his friend with some degree of hurt evident on his face. "... You don't want to work together? We're in the enemy stronghold. We're in danger."

"And maybe the last thing they expect is for us to split up. Makoto, I trust you enough to be safe without me, so this isn't me saying I want you to get hurt. I would just rather, that when we acquire Ilona... that you and Ritsuko not be there. Anyone who agrees with me... join the Captain-Commander's side!"

Kieran stepped away to one side of the room, waiting for those sympathetic to his values follow through. Makoto stared at him, recognizing the reality of the situation. With his shoulders set straight, he defiantly moved to stand at the other side of the room, opposite Kieran.

"So be it."

Cosmo looked at Makoto, then to Kieran. Shaking his head, Cosmo made his way to Makoto's side. "It sadden Cosmo that it comes to this. Makoto is right. Cosmo is with him."

Morrigan let out a sigh. "I don't desire to get in the middle of your petty squabbles, however..." The woman stepped toward Kieran, deciding to take his side. "There's no debate that Ilona is special. Unique magic such as hers... should not be stored away."

Without a word, Kyoko stepped from in front of Kieran to over at his side. Other members stood uncomfortably still at first, before their decisions were made. Shiki and Len also stepped to Kieran's and Kyoko's side, while Ocelot wordlessly sided with Makoto and Ritsuko. One by one, the group began to split, dividing into two groups.

Carissa furrowed her brow, crossing her arms as she'd look somewhat disapprovingly at Morrigan, her ally and fellow MEU representative. "Honestly... Are we not above this? I refuse to allow this group to separate! This is hardly the time to--"

"Strategically, I think splitting up is a more sound tactic," Ocelot would interject, "We can cover more ground while looking for Ilona, divide our forces evenly as to not become too vulnerable, and in the event that one group is captured, the other is at least still out there and able to act," he added, crossing his arms, before clearing his throat, looking at Kieran and the others that took his side somewhat judgmentally, before speaking again, "And besides... We maintain better cooperation within the group that way."

Carissa grit her teeth, conflicted by Ocelot's words, before complying and walking over to Makoto's side, looking at Morrigan. "I'm... sorry, Morrigan, but that power is too dangerous to even risk letting free. You saw what it did to the headquarters..."

Looking at the rest of those who had yet to choose, Ritsuko cleared her throat.

"Well? What about the rest of you? Whose side are you on then?"

There was no third party to form. No neutrality to declare. The intense glares of others waited eagerly for sides to be chosen in order for progress to be made.

Who do you choose to side with?

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Wren as Bradley Martin Holland (OC)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@Archwar as Doomguy (Doom)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@dark as Jak (Jak and Daxter)
@Krieg as Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Chewy Rabbits as Nemo and Astaroth (Murder Series)
@Raven as Piper Wright (Fallout)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@C.T. as Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada (Overwatch)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@pubbbb as Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama (Mob Psycho 100)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
@Yang Lee as Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
EdlHGPH.png

"You must be joking. Do you even have to ask that question?" He folded his arms, shaking his head. "I can believe there are people out there who want to lock up a girl for... possible for the rest of her life. Just because she has strange powers? What if something goes wrong while she's contained? What do you want to do, ruin her life?" Zen shuddered as he thought of the worse. He'd seen and heard of many people who became too volatile in captivity, they would explode - literally - and many would lose their lives.

"Let her free, but keep an eye on her. She can be happy too. Someone like her should see the world and grow as a person. Do you have any morals? No one in this world wants to be locked up and probably experimented on."
He pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling a headache coming on.

"Who are you?" He asked in confusion briefly towards the Producers. Only friends called him Lucy and even then, usually it was earned via battle alongside him barring unique circumstances. Shaking it off, he went right to it as he spoke to the party he had surrounded himself with.

WBJfeMo.png

"Well you see, my name is-"

glXTgGe.png

"I believe Mr Angelschu is trying to say, 'you're being too casual', brother. We'll introduce ourselves later on, Mr Angelschu. Right now, you appear to have something very, very, important to say."

"We've a traitor among us. I don't know who, I don't know how but even the conjuncture I've been putting together has been damning. - Hisoka when we saw him knew things about the base he couldn't otherwise as known. He was broken out by someone no one would have questioned heading down. And the Coalition had thought it fit to keep secrets from us previously, which only muddles the situation. Saber confronted the spymaster- Asked him what the source of despair she sensed was. He replied to her that whatever the prisoners said to disregard as there was no truth in it....But she never mentioned the prisoners."

He narrowed his eyes.

"All I'm asking is that you be exceedingly discreet. Keep it to our group for now and keep an eye out for anyone acting....Strange. Its another reason why I sent Saber Alter over to the other group. Not just to protect them from whatever is in this base, but also from the traitor if he or she has people among them. We're divided as it is, among the leadership. And I for one, didn't fight this long just to see everything crumble like dust in the wind."

WBJfeMo.png

"Roger, Lu- I mean, Father Lucifer... Father's OK right? You kind of give that vibe. But yes, I'm all eyes and all ears."

glXTgGe.png

"You do know what constitutes as strange, do you not, brother?" Madoka asks.

"In the context of this case..." Kido cups his chin, "verily."

@The Tactician @Minerva @C.T. @Ringmaster @Crow

A stillness came over Robin's face. Anger slowly built up in his calm face. "Containment. That's the Foundation's job." Robin said. "As much as I believe in their morality, I'm not even letting them get ahold of Ilona." Robin seemed to have calmed down somewhat. "It's too risky, and it's wrong. It's best to just let her be free."
"Exactly, Mister Producer. We're all standing around debating the future of someone that we don't even know is okay. How about we postpone this debate before Umbrella gives us a third option no one wants?"

"What the hell kind of higher ups would allow to keep something so dangerous under wraps? You'd think the threat of something like that explosion would warrant better precautions..."

"...except that!"
Lang looked at Ritsuko in horror. "That's exactly what I'm saying not to do! She's still a person, not a zoo animal! Naegi, do you STILL trust her after hearing this?!"

@Crow @Verite @Atomyk

ritsuko-co16-03.jpg

"I'm afraid... In good conscience, I can't let you do that, Secretary-General," Ritsuko said firmly in response to Robin. Her facial expression remained calm and composed as always, though her voice and other subtle nuances hinted at a growing irritation at those who disagreed with her policies.

"What's wrong is letting unchecked power go free like that, putting countless lives at risk the more her unstable power is out in the open. If you're all done playing the moral high ground, it's time to face the facts that you've been ignoring that people can, will, and have died because of this negligence. None of you have refuted those facts because you can't. Or are you all saying that it's simply worth it? That it's worth the many lives that have been lost, and will be lost, if it means doing what you perceive as protecting this girl?" She emphasized the word "perceive," wanting to nail in the point even further that they were all, in her view, in the wrong here, giving Lang a passing glance when he'd react rather strongly to her explanation.

"I don't care if you think of me as a monster, but I'd rather you know the truth if we're going to get down to this, and might I remind once again that the truth is that Ilona full well knew these details and consented. She knows how dangerous she is, and she knows that it's worth sacrificing a few or more years of freedom if it means that others can live. Or do you believe in the alternative? Do you all believe I'm wrong? That it's worth losing all these lives if it means shaving a few years off one life? She'll be taken care of nicely, but also cautiously. I haven't forgotten what she is; a person, but I also haven't forgotten what she can do, and that... I fear, includes the ability to destroy entire worlds if you continue to go down this current path."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Minerva @Everybody

tumblr_inline_nl0ng2pkNs1r3leyb.png

Finding the situation everyone was arguing over to be rather frustrating, the ex-assassin scowled. "You know what I think? This is stupid. Why are we even trying to decide what to do with the girl when we don't even have her yet? We should be focusing on putting our heads together to locate her first of all. They could be torturing her right now, for all we know, and we're sitting here talking about whether or not to throw her into a cage."

Train quieted for a moment before adding. "And what even really gives us the right to decide what to do with her anyhow? She's nobody's pet or possession. This is her life we're talking about. She's a living, breathing person. I think it'd be better to talk with the girl and see what she wants to do before deciding for her. I can't say I'm fond of "choosing sides" like this is some kind of power struggle. I'll tell you what I choose... I want whatever she wants. If she thinks she can learn to control her power and be free, she should damn well be allowed that. If not--if she wants to spend her life being locked up to try and keep others safe--I don't feel like we should deny her that right. Give the girl a chance to make up her own mind."

@Everybody​

I narrowed my eyes suspiciously at the woman. She was confident that her plan would succeed. That I liked, but I could not condone the fact that she would drop Ilona off on a remote world where she would have no contact with anyone though it could be subverted via radio signals. There were still several factors that could ensure the plan would fail. Umbrella had already proven they could strike without detection and drag people into another world. It was similar to how Demons used portals to invade and consume worlds. What's to say it won't happen again?

Then there was also the fact that even among Makoto's group there were people who disagreed with her. A house divided could not stand. However, her response was sufficient and as much as I would like to probe her, time was not on our side.

I turned my gaze towards Kyoko.

"THEY HAVE GIVEN THEIR ANSWER! NOW WHAT IS YOURS?"

@Verite @Atomyk

He narrowed his eyes.

029.png

"Huh, so you think there's a traitor... That would explain a lot of the weird shit going on about this whole thing..." It would certainly give Ritsuko greater chance to pull her cloak-and-dagger bullshit. Pushing up his sunglasses, Shizuo hummed for a moment while taking in everything the priest had to say.

"I get why you put that Saber girl with the others. What I don't get, if you want to be subtle about things..." He lifted a hand to point a thumb to himself, "Why me? You should know by this point that I'm not the sort who's patient enough for this surveillance shit. Unless you want someone to back up your servant over there in beating down the spy... I don't get the point of me in this team."

"But I'll go along with it, priest. Just hope you made the right choice with this..."

"...except that!"

@Crow @Verite @Atomyk
With all that said, Shizuo sighed and moved to rejoin the debate. He listened as Ritsuko detailed her plan and growled, filling his anger building once again. What the hell did this woman think her plan would do? It seemed like there was only two options with the scientist, put an innocent kid in an unofficial prison or apparently let everyone die. How the hell did someone come up with this shit?

"Christ... Lang, I hope you're the one in charge if you all win this shit... Because I'm starting to think your leader there is nothing..."

He allowed himself to cool for a moment after that, receding into the crowd once again. It seemed like he wasn't needed up front and so he wouldn't get involved.
WBJfeMo.png

"Well you see, my name is-"

glXTgGe.png

"I believe Mr Angelschu is trying to say, 'you're being too casual', brother. We'll introduce ourselves later on, Mr Angelschu. Right now, you appear to have something very, very, important to say."

WBJfeMo.png

"Roger, Lu- I mean, Father Lucifer... Father's OK right? You kind of give that vibe. But yes, I'm all eyes and all ears."

glXTgGe.png

"You know what I find strange? Two weirdos that I don't recognize sticking their noses into a private discussion."

033.png

Instead, he would stand behind the seemingly featureless brother-sister pair, glaring down at them, "I suggest you both get back to your side. I'd rather not need to kick some asses because two idiots wandered around, thinking they had a right to join whatever talk was going on..."

"I don't care if you think of me as a monster, but I'd rather you know the truth if we're going to get down to this, and might I remind once again that the truth is that Ilona full well knew these details and consented. She knows how dangerous she is, and she knows that it's worth sacrificing a few or more years of freedom if it means that others can live. Or do you believe in the alternative? Do you all believe I'm wrong? That it's worth losing all these lives if it means shaving a few years off one life? She'll be taken care of nicely, but also cautiously. I haven't forgotten what she is; a person, but I also haven't forgotten what she can do, and that... I fear, includes the ability to destroy entire worlds if you continue to go down this current path."
tumblr_inline_odklrzvmWj1s7x88v_250.png

"I think you're wrong."

"A few years off one life? Is that another way of saying life imprisonment?" He tried to stop himself from running up to the woman and trying to shake some sense into her. "Ilona thinks like that because she's a selfless girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She doesn't see the bigger picture, she's upset because of what happened. What do you think will happen if you release Ilona - if you even do - back into society? It's going to overwhelm her. Nothing is going to change."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Minerva @Verite

029.png

"Huh, so you think there's a traitor... That would explain a lot of the weird shit going on about this whole thing..." It would certainly give Ritsuko greater chance to pull her cloak-and-dagger bullshit. Pushing up his sunglasses, Shizuo hummed for a moment while taking in everything the priest had to say.

"I get why you put that Saber girl with the others. What I don't get, if you want to be subtle about things..." He lifted a hand to point a thumb to himself, "Why me? You should know by this point that I'm not the sort who's patient enough for this surveillance shit. Unless you want someone to back up your servant over there in beating down the spy... I don't get the point of me in this team."

"But I'll go along with it, priest. Just hope you made the right choice with this..."
"Frankly? Because at this point, throwing accusations till we amass proof will do more harm then good. People have enough reason to point fingers and come to blows as it is now. Look at them. Arguing here and now while our enemies point and laugh."

He made the smallest of gestures towards the side.

"I chose you Mr. Shizuo, because I wanted not simply to alert you to whats going on, but also to give you reason to pause before you strike in anger. Think on the traitor and the joy he'd feel, manipulating you-all of us. Think about how happy he or she would be, seeing us dissolve into infighting. The moment trust is gone, we may as well go truly separate ways."

glXTgGe.png

"You know what I find strange? Two weirdos that I don't recognize sticking their noses into a private discussion."

033.png

Instead, he would stand behind the seemingly featureless brother-sister pair, glaring down at them, "I suggest you both get back to your side. I'd rather not need to kick some asses because two idiots wandered around, thinking they had a right to join whatever talk was going on..."

"Father Lucifer" will do. And Shizuo? Its fine. Just know that we'll be watching you two very closely from here on out."

It went without saying. Also....Hmmm.

"How did you know my name anyway? We hadn't met, had we?"

He would have remembered two unique looking people.

How many paper cutouts could you meet and forget?

@The Tactician @C.T. @Crow @Minerva

"A-Ah, uh..."

Makoto was not unused to such lively discussions, but this one was decidedly unique. To be framed as a murderer was one thing, but Makoto wasn't keen on these attacks of his character. He knew Kieran and Kyoko simply could not see things how he saw, but others seemed to deem either himself or Ritsuko unfit for decision making. Even worse, he was being seen as a lackey... and maybe that somewhat fit his position, they didn't seem to understand that his whole heart was in on this decision.

pFWVOhF.png

"Look, everyone, I know this is an extremely difficult decision. I didn't make it lightly, and I would not have agreed to it if I did not see things Ritsuko's way to some degree. While it's true our hand has been forced overall, to see no good in Ritsuko's decision is simply misguided! We were victim to a tragedy, one that absolutely can not be allowed to repeat. Jennifer's life hangs in the balance... While Natalia, Tommy and Jill have already been lost to us. Ilona wasn't just upset about what happened, she understood that she was partly to blame for the loss of multiple lives. Not just her, we're all to blame... The Coalition had to make a tough decision. We had to change so that another tragedy wouldn't repeat!"

"Hrm." Kieran crossed his arms, disengaging from the debate for a moment. "Perhaps we're getting a bit too into this. Why are we being left alone like this...?"

"Maybe Umbrella thinks we're dead," Jude said. "I mean, right...?"

"Unless our miracle was not a miracle at all, but an intentional machination made to lull us into safety," Morrigan replied. "Regardless, they are probably waiting on us."

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Archwar @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @dark @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Once everyone had been gathered at the rendezvous point, the rest of the hostages recovered along with the equipment stolen from everyone by Umbrella being returned, Kyoko would stand in front of everyone, taking an authoritative stand as she'd make her statement, intending to lead the group and keep them unified, unlike before.

Of those still knocked out, Commander Shepard was first to awake. Her eyes fluttered open and she groggily shrugged out of the grip of those that had been supporting her. She needed a moment to gather herself, but it didn't take long for the woman to listen to a quick explanation and know exactly what was up. She was a woman of action, after all.

LjzHDEI.png

She gave Kieran a reassuring nod before barking out orders like the seasoned commander she was. One would find it hard to believe she'd just spent a significant time unconscious with how she herded the group. "Get into formation and put those who can't fight in the middle! Once we rush those doors, there's no telling what will hit us."

"Okay, everyone. I don't know what Umbrella has planned for us, why we were brought here, or where Ilona is, but we don't have time to stand around and think over it. Not while she might be getting tortured or having her power exploited somewhere else," the young woman said, turning around and beginning to walk, leading the group forward towards the end of the hall.

"Be ready for anything. This all... seems too easy. They have to be setting up some sort of trap somewhere to spring onto us," she would continue warily.

"Might I remind you, I couldn't get past the door that leads outside this hall, and it doesn't look like any of the guards in here had the means to open the door. It's been hermetically sealed to keep people like us from getting out," Ocelot would speak up, following her and the rest of the group, "Whatever they want us here for, maybe they wanted us to hope that we were getting out, tricking us into thinking we could get out of here with something that a guard would have had on them."

Without stopping or wavering, Kyoko replied in turn, eyes filled with determination.

"What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object? The answer is quite simply... one party has to surrender. And I won't ever surrender."

With that, the group would continue navigating their way through the empty hall, the effects of the mist slowly but surely wearing off as everyone would slowly manage to get their powers back, before they would be stopped by the aforementioned, unlockable door that stood in their way. Even from a quick glance, it was easy to assume that the door was a sturdy one, and even though everyone's powers had been returning slowly, no one was in a state of getting through it.

Except one person.

Ritsuko would sigh, pocketing her hands as they'd all come to a stop, looking at Kyoko with some irritation. "Alright, then, leader. How do you propose we get past this ordeal? Or did you not consider the reality when making such a cool little speech?"

"I'm not a reckless person, Ms. Akagi. I'm aware of what I said, and I stand by it. After all, there's always a way past the unbeatable. If we don't have a way past this, we'll make a way. Wouldn't you agree... Tohno, was it?" Kyoko would respond, glancing over at Shiki.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

Shiki had already been in the process of removing his glasses when Kyoko would pose a question to him. The young man would give Kyoko a nod, drawing his knife, the only item of value that had been put in the Storage Room, later recovered, when everyone had been captured by Umbrella.

"Way ahead of you."

Pocketing his glasses now, his eyes, once a dull grey, were filled with a vibrant indigo. His pupils shone with an ironic light that indicated life. For his eyes were the very essence of death.

Though nothing seemed to change from everyone else's point of view, the world shifted for Shiki. Everything and everyone, from his perspective, had changed. Red, pulsating lines and dots formed all over his vision. Lines and points that, when traced or stabbed, fulfilled the "death" that they symbolized, no matter how powerful they might be on the outside. With these eyes, an artillery tank could be downed with nothing more than a writing pen, if not one's own fingers.

kUWGiMB.png

Without missing a beat, Shiki dashed towards the door and swung his knife at the door repeatedly. From everyone else's point of view, it looked like he was randomly scratching at the door with his knife, and one might even call him crazy for expecting something to happen if they weren't aware of his power. Yet, sure enough...

Before long, the door fell apart piece by piece, exactly by the patterns that Shiki had cut it apart with. Each piece of the door would fall to the ground with loud thuds, the entire door itself likely having been hundreds of not thousands of pounds. With a breath, the young man would take out his glasses and put them on again, shaking his head briefly, as if to shake away the lines he had seen before.

WLsWybI.png

"Good work," Kyoko simply said with a nod, before moving forward as suggested, Shiki and Len following her when she would move past them.

However... Even for those anticipating a trap somewhere along the line, no one would be able to anticipate what had been waiting for them in the very next room...

The room beyond was nothing special. Just a blank room with metallic grey walls that was just about big enough to fit the entire group. In fact, its size seemed so perfect, that Shepard quickly felt something was wrong. "Wait, let's leave some back, just in case--"

The woman was cut off by the booming sound of some kind of explosion. A gust of hot air blew those who lingered in the hallway forward, flinging them into the room ahead. The entrance that had been cut open by Shiki was covered by a heavy metal shutter, as if it had been expected of him to have cut through the first door.

"Shiki, can you--!" Makoto began to cry, but he was drowned out by a loud droning sound. Panels in the wall lowered to reveal that the source of the sound were a number of fans that began pumping a mist into the room. There was no time to do anything, as the lingering effects of the fog from outside ensured full exposure to this second round of mist. Not only would those with powers feel it all slip away, but even the most mundane of the group would feel their entire body beginning to shut down. One could barely hold their eyes open as...

More panels in the wall slid open to reveal what appeared to be flamethrowers. They covered every wall of the room, nozzles flickering with flame, ready to burn the group alive.

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

The heat was almost impossible to bear, and they flames had yet to even start up. It was only a matter of time now.

... If not for what could only be divine intervention, anyway. Visible streaks of bright electricity flashed from above, coursing down through the walls to shut off both the fans and the flamethrowers. They receded into the wall and the room instantly became cooler as a result.

The divine electricity wasn't done yet, for it then danced around the room, jumping through the fog to dissipate it. It seemed to reinvigorate everyone it passed, removing them of their grogginess and allowing them once again to access their powers.

ZzCwPiQ.png

Channeling lightning between her hands, one might think it was Morrigan who had saved them, but the more observant would know she had still been unconscious when the electricity had shut off the fans.

Morrigan shot the built up magic forward, slamming it into the shutter at the opposite side of the room. It collapsed and was blown backward by the blast, revealing a new hallway beyond.

The mage let out a heavy sigh before she spoke. "Whatever the source of that miraculous recovery, let's not dawdle in this death trap of a room." Shepard quickly agreed and began ushering the group into the next hallway. It wasn't until they came to what appeared to be an empty common room that they stopped once again.

"What is our purpose here?" Morrigan asked no one in particular. "To die? To suffer? I may have only just awoken, but I have to question their motives. 'Twould have been far easier to kill us when they had the chance."

"I don't really care," Kieran said with some degree of annoyance. "We just need to get Ilona and get out of here."

"Hold on, someone mind telling me what's the plan once we save her? You still arguing what to do with her?"

"Uh... well--"

icdVaTg.gif

"This is hardly the time for that! And besides, what would you have me do, let even more people die while you deliberately let power like that go unchecked?!" Ritsuko would snap at Kieran irritably, facing his direction with an angry expression on her face.

"Do I really have to remind you all that three people died when she lost control, and we were lucky it was only three! But next time, it could be six, and then thirty, and then three hundred! That blood would be on your hands, and unless you turn away from the gravity of the situation, I doubt you would be able to handle that burden on your shoulders."

Practically sliding in between Kieran and Ritsuko, the latter of the two marching right over to his direction, Kyoko would give the older woman a fiery look, the blonde stopping in her tracks as the two of them would practically stare each other down for an uncomfortable moment, before Kyoko would speak her piece.

kiri022.png

"She is under our protection. And it will remain that way for as long as we deem it necessary."

Hardly fazed by Kyoko's bravado, Ritsuko would clash with the Ultimate Detective, looking down at her like a child.

"So confident in your power... But a lot of things have changed since you've been gone, Miss Kirigiri. I'm afraid that if we can't reach a compromise that yields a satisfactory result... then we cannot continue to cooperate together."

"I think you can figure that one out, detective. Or should your friend Naegi spell it out to you? You seem to understand words better when he says them, after all. One could almost think..."

Makoto looked helplessly between the two women, realizing he had to say something to quell the growing tension. Now that the danger had passed, it seemed everyone was reverting back to their earlier tension.

aXJ3Cpm.png

"K-Kyoko... I understand how you feel, but we can't make such claims. Once Ilona is saved, then we can continue this discussion."

"I think it's very clear both you and Ritsuko plan to whisk her away once this is over," Kieran said gruffly, stepping forward so that he was staring defiantly at Makoto. "There won't be a discussion, because why would you both? I don't think I should help you here."

Makoto looked back at his friend with some degree of hurt evident on his face. "... You don't want to work together? We're in the enemy stronghold. We're in danger."

"And maybe the last thing they expect is for us to split up. Makoto, I trust you enough to be safe without me, so this isn't me saying I want you to get hurt. I would just rather, that when we acquire Ilona... that you and Ritsuko not be there. Anyone who agrees with me... join the Captain-Commander's side!"

Kieran stepped away to one side of the room, waiting for those sympathetic to his values follow through. Makoto stared at him, recognizing the reality of the situation. With his shoulders set straight, he defiantly moved to stand at the other side of the room, opposite Kieran.

"So be it."

Cosmo looked at Makoto, then to Kieran. Shaking his head, Cosmo made his way to Makoto's side. "It sadden Cosmo that it comes to this. Makoto is right. Cosmo is with him."

Morrigan let out a sigh. "I don't desire to get in the middle of your petty squabbles, however..." The woman stepped toward Kieran, deciding to take his side. "There's no debate that Ilona is special. Unique magic such as hers... should not be stored away."

Without a word, Kyoko stepped from in front of Kieran to over at his side. Other members stood uncomfortably still at first, before their decisions were made. Shiki and Len also stepped to Kieran's and Kyoko's side, while Ocelot wordlessly sided with Makoto and Ritsuko. One by one, the group began to split, dividing into two groups.

Carissa furrowed her brow, crossing her arms as she'd look somewhat disapprovingly at Morrigan, her ally and fellow MEU representative. "Honestly... Are we not above this? I refuse to allow this group to separate! This is hardly the time to--"

"Strategically, I think splitting up is a more sound tactic," Ocelot would interject, "We can cover more ground while looking for Ilona, divide our forces evenly as to not become too vulnerable, and in the event that one group is captured, the other is at least still out there and able to act," he added, crossing his arms, before clearing his throat, looking at Kieran and the others that took his side somewhat judgmentally, before speaking again, "And besides... We maintain better cooperation within the group that way."

Carissa grit her teeth, conflicted by Ocelot's words, before complying and walking over to Makoto's side, looking at Morrigan. "I'm... sorry, Morrigan, but that power is too dangerous to even risk letting free. You saw what it did to the headquarters..."

There was no third party to form. No neutrality to declare. The intense glares of others waited eagerly for sides to be chosen in order for progress to be made.

Cast List

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)

Cheza wordlessly made her way to Kyoko's side. Toboe followed shortly after her.

The two would listen to the others argue, and Toboe, unable to access his human form for the moment would lightly growl in distatse towards Makoto's group, despite agreeing that they made some rather good points that didn't really persuade him.

Cheza.jpg

Cheza placed a hand on the wolf's head, taking a moment to find Mason among the groups.

@Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Kyoko's group @Anybody I missed

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad43/avidheidha/Icons/Shizuo/029.png

With all that said, Shizuo sighed and moved to rejoin the debate. He listened as Ritsuko detailed her plan and growled, filling his anger building once again. What the hell did this woman think her plan would do? It seemed like there was only two options with the scientist, put an innocent kid in an unofficial prison or apparently let everyone die. How the hell did someone come up with this shit?

"Christ... Lang, I hope you're the one in charge if you all win this shit... Because I'm starting to think your leader there is nothing..."

He allowed himself to cool for a moment after that, receding into the crowd once again. It seemed like he wasn't needed up front and so he wouldn't get involved.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad43/avidheidha/Icons/Shizuo/033.png

Hige-wolfs-rain-4180652-640-480.jpg

Toboe's ears twitched, the wolf turned to look at Shizuo, slightly concerned for the Producer's safety should Shizuo get angry. Trotting over the wolf would nudge the man's leg with his nose once more as a sign of comfort of sorts. Or at least, Toboe was trying to help keep Shizuo from acting on his threat of throwing punches and whatnot.

@The Tactician @Crow @Ringmaster @Minerva @C.T. @anybody I missed

Last edited:
"Hrm." Kieran crossed his arms, disengaging from the debate for a moment. "Perhaps we're getting a bit too into this. Why are we being left alone like this...?"

"Unless our miracle was not a miracle at all, but an intentional machination made to lull us into safety," Morrigan replied. "Regardless, they are probably waiting on us."
fR5w9mS.gif

"Lets not keep them waiting then."

Saber Alter couldn't care less about the debate, or peoples thoughts on each other.

But she did have a thirst to repay their enemies with the courtesy and kindness they showed to them previously.

@Atomyk @Verite @Everybody​

"Frankly? Because at this point, throwing accusations till we amass proof will do more harm then good. People have enough reason to point fingers and come to blows as it is now. Look at them. Arguing here and now while our enemies point and laugh."

"I chose you Mr. Shizuo, because I wanted not simply to alert you to whats going on, but also to give you reason to pause before you strike in anger. Think on the traitor and the joy he'd feel, manipulating you-all of us. Think about how happy he or she would be, seeing us dissolve into infighting. The moment trust is gone, we may as well go truly separate ways."

"Father Lucifer" will do. And Shizuo? Its fine. Just know that we'll be watching you two very closely from here on out."

Cheza wordlessly made her way to Kyoko's side. Toboe followed shortly after her.

The two would listen to the others argue, and Toboe, unable to access his human form for the moment would lightly growl in distatse towards Makoto's group, despite agreeing that they made some rather good points that didn't really persuade him.

Cheza.jpg

Cheza placed a hand on the wolf's head, taking a moment to find Mason among the groups.

@Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Kyoko's group @Anybody I missed

Hige-wolfs-rain-4180652-640-480.jpg

Toboe's ears twitched, the wolf turned to look at Shizuo, slightly concerned for the Producer's safety should Shizuo get angry. Trotting over the wolf would nudge the man's leg with his nose once more as a sign of comfort of sorts. Or at least, Toboe was trying to help keep Shizuo from acting on his threat of throwing punches and whatnot.

@The Tactician @Crow @Ringmaster @Minerva @C.T. @anybody I missed
While he did back down for now, Shizuo made sure to keep an eye on the two. Something about the duo just didn't sit right with him, and nothing anyone else said would change that thought.

"Hey, Toboe. I'm fine."

Even if that someone was currently a fluffy wolf who Shizuo wasn't afraid to pat on the head and rub the ears of.
"A-Ah, uh..."

Makoto was not unused to such lively discussions, but this one was decidedly unique. To be framed as a murderer was one thing, but Makoto wasn't keen on these attacks of his character. He knew Kieran and Kyoko simpply could not see things how he saw, but others seemed to deem either himself or Ritsuko unfit for decision making. Even worse, he was being seen as a lackey... and maybe that somewhat fit his position, they didn't seem to understand that his whole heart was in on this decision.

pFWVOhF.png

"Look, everyone, I know this is an extremely difficult decision. I didn't make it lightly, and I would not have agreed to it if I did not see things Ritsuko's way to some degree. While it's true our hand has been forced overall, to see no good in Ritsuko's decision is simply misguided! We were victim to a tragedy, one that absolutely can not be allowed to repeat. Jennifer's life hangs in the balance... While Natalia, Tommy and Jill have already been lost to us. Ilona wasn't just upset about what happened, she understood that she was partly to blame for the loss of multiple lives. Not just her, we're all to blame... The Coalition had to make a tough decision. We had to change so that another tragedy wouldn't repeat!"

@The Tactician @Yun Lee @Ringmaster @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Nater Taters @Minerva @Verite @Josh M @Crow @Archwar @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @dark @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
fR5w9mS.gif

"Lets not keep them waiting then."

Saber Alter couldn't care less about the debate, or peoples thoughts on each other.

But she did have a thirst to repay their enemies with the courtesy and kindness they showed to them previously.

@Atomyk @Verite @Everybody​
d56208c6f3fffab1c4c76e223bc84b6bffd5b591_hq.gif

"Agreed. Lets show them what happens when they screw around with the best of the best."

The debate had for far too long, and no one's opinions were gonna be changed by it. It was time for some action.

It was time for the strongest man in Ikebukuro to show those Umbrella bastards how he got his reputation as a wild force of nature.​

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

LjzHDEI.png

Except one person.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

"Way ahead of you."

kUWGiMB.png

WLsWybI.png

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

ZzCwPiQ.png

"Uh... well--"

icdVaTg.gif

kiri022.png

aXJ3Cpm.png

"So be it."

Cast List
tumblr_inline_nf825kQDgF1t4ubwm.jpg

"Hm..."

This situation of uncontrolled power wasn't an unfamiliar one to either the vampire or the maid. The younger of the Scarlet sisters possessed the power to destroy everything and anything, and thus spent almost all of her time in the basement of the mansion, not having left the mansion in over 495 years. And Flandre had turned out just fine.

"Well I think some healthy isolation could be good for the girl. She can learn to control her power faster with help anyway, right?"

Her idea of locking Ilona up was probably a lot more loose than what Ritsuko seemed to have in mind.

"I would have to agree."

@everyone​

tumblr_inline_odklrzvmWj1s7x88v_250.png

"I think you're wrong."

"A few years off one life? Is that another way of saying life imprisonment?" He tried to stop himself from running up to the woman and trying to shake some sense into her. "Ilona thinks like that because she's a selfless girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. She doesn't see the bigger picture, she's upset because of what happened. What do you think will happen if you release Ilona - if you even do - back into society? It's going to overwhelm her. Nothing is going to change."

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Minerva @Verite
"... How exactly did you get life imprisonment from a few years off?" Ocelot sighed, scratching his head somewhat irritably. He was never the talkative type personally, so these arguments were a waste of time for him. A man of action, a man of conviction. That was what he was.

Ritsuko only continued to sneer, glaring at Zen when he'd speak, though continuing to focus her overall attention upon the rest of those who sided with Kieran and Kyoko. "So that's it, then? Are you saying that she simply doesn't know any better than to turn herself in? You're going to make light of her decision, dismiss her own wants and what's good for her in the belief that she's wrong about herself, and continue to go down this path? What bigger picture is there? What could possibly overshadow the deaths and maiming of people around?"

"As Naegi says, I'm not making this decision lightly. None of you, even once, have responded aptly to me. No alternative as far as saving lives goes. And you all call yourselves protectors of the multiverse's stability? You can hardly protect yourself, it looks like," she nearly spat, crossing her arms now, "You can pester me all you want with finer details you've all no doubt constructed within your imagination, but the truth is, I doubt you'd all stand to care enough to listen to me discuss what I have planned. I can tell you all about how you have the wrong idea about isolating her like I'd be simple-mindedly dropping her by herself with no means of communication with the outside world or so on, but I might just be wasting my breath if you all refuse to listen to reason and ignore the lives already lost. Or did you conveniently forget about the casualty reports issued shortly after the explosion? Answer me on that..."

"Is her walking scot-free worth the lives she could potentially destroy without rehabilitation? Does it make it easier for you to sleep at night knowing that you've managed to save one girl from saving herself and others from being able to live out their lives? The ends justifies the means, and I'll use any means I can to justify saving lives."

tumblr_inline_ntrzsdm1YG1sk47ji_100.jpg

"I mean, I do feel bad for her, but until someone gives an alternative as far as protecting others go, I think this is the best chance we've got. I'm not hearing any better alternatives around anyway," Uhura piped up, sticking on Makoto's and Ritsuko's side as well, before clearing her throat and mumbling the rest mostly to herself.

"I bet if she wasn't a cute girl, people would be more willing to lock Ilona up..."

@Sen @Atomyk @Yun Lee @Everybody

Last edited:
029.png

033.png

WBJfeMo.webp

"Fall of Elliot incident thing. Guy who rode a flying horse while wielding a unicorn minigun. Accompanied by young girl with silver hair who wields red guitar and has a tendency to go bonkers under stress. Aforementioned young girl conjured midget skeleton man who gives my jokes a run for their money with the power of music by combining her forces with black pianist man thing called Deemo. And then the battle turned into a giant musical as I dressed everyone in ballwear. And then there's the part where I joined the UN. I understand if you don't remember me. I got a... major yet temporary redesign."

glXTgGe.webp

"We are on your side," Madoka affirms, "there is no reason to doubt us, neither is there a reason not to."

WBJfeMo.webp

"Well, there's the part where your name was thrown around. Ms Kirigiri referred to you by name, right Father Lucifer?" Kido comments.

@The Tactician @C.T. @Ringmaster @Crow @Minerva

Continued from here.

Chapter Three
"Flash Point"

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

LjzHDEI.png

Except one person.

mgJIWu3.png

"..."

"Way ahead of you."

kUWGiMB.png

WLsWybI.png

"Damn it!"

"S-Somebody..."

"Not now... not now...!"

ZzCwPiQ.png

"Uh... well--"

icdVaTg.gif

kiri022.png

aXJ3Cpm.png

"So be it."

Cast List
Moving towards Makoto's side, Wynne shook her head at other side. Their intentions were good, but still.

"We all wants what best for the girl, however, she is very powerful. So powerful, it takes over her. She needs to be watched and trained, for our safety, but more importantly her own. I am with you, Makoto"

ritsuko-co16-03.jpg

"I'm afraid... In good conscience, I can't let you do that, Secretary-General," Ritsuko said firmly in response to Robin. Her facial expression remained calm and composed as always, though her voice and other subtle nuances hinted at a growing irritation at those who disagreed with her policies.

"What's wrong is letting unchecked power go free like that, putting countless lives at risk the more her unstable power is out in the open. If you're all done playing the moral high ground, it's time to face the facts that you've been ignoring that people can, will, and have died because of this negligence. None of you have refuted those facts because you can't. Or are you all saying that it's simply worth it? That it's worth the many lives that have been lost, and will be lost, if it means doing what you perceive as protecting this girl?" She emphasized the word "perceive," wanting to nail in the point even further that they were all, in her view, in the wrong here, giving Lang a passing glance when he'd react rather strongly to her explanation.

@Atomyk @Yun Lee @Minerva @Everybody
Robin stepped forward. "It's not my call to make, but it's not yours either." Robin said. "If it's anyone at the UN's call, it's for the Security Council or General Assembly to make." He sighed and run his fingers across the bridge of his nose. He closed his eyes for a second. "This is more the Coalition's operation, because it was their base and their employees killed. I'm trying to remain as hands off as possible here."

Status
Not open for further replies.