• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"To varying degrees."

Assisting Morrigan, Lucifer would be frowning in thought as he went back to the fight. As an experiment, he had used the activated baton on the Crimsons in an attempt to test its limits. Just to see what sort of effect it had on nullifying 'naturalized' abilities. Explaining a bit more he added.

"We more or less seem to have been held in minimal security. Either we've been really lucky....Or we're just distracting ourselves while Ilona is their first priority."

@Crow @Jeremi @Nater Taters @Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Holding Room 2 @Rendezvous​

"Something is wrong...I am certain of it." Lois replied to Lucifer and Zatanna. "Even if those red monsters were more menacing we still wiped the floor with them. I'm certain they're toying with us."

As Lois spoke Zatanna looked at the female frame of what she knew as the Red Tornado android. The voice that came out of it though... "Hey you sound familiar. Do I know you from som-"

"Introductions will have to wait until we get out of here. Do we have any idea of an exit?"

@Crow @Jeremi @Nater Taters @Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Holding Room 2 @Rendezvous

Meanwhile back guarding the door. Bekka realized she had chosen poorly.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi and Verite
"Something is wrong...I am certain of it." Lois replied to Lucifer and Zatanna. "Even if those red monsters were more menacing we still wiped the floor with them. I'm certain they're toying with us."

As Lois spoke Zatanna looked at the female frame of what she knew as the Red Tornado android. The voice that came out of it though... "Hey you sound familiar. Do I know you from som-"

"Introductions will have to wait until we get out of here. Do we have any idea of an exit?"

Lucifer adjusted Morrigan in his carry and placed a hand on the wall, drawing on his abilities.

"The walls seem to be warded against my intangibility. So I'm presuming they've included mystic wards to an extent."

Which made sense...Between the three heavy hitters of mystic might, this would have been a cardboard prison otherwise. All it'd take is one one them to regain their powers and it would have been trouble. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully and let out a sigh as he adjusted Morrigan carefully, trying not to shake her overly while he carried her.

"It was Ocelot who broke us out though- Presumably, he'd scouted out the area enough to get some idea of where things are in his search for us. Beyond that? The rendezvous point is our best goal for now, before we go looking to ask him."

He wanted the leaders safe first at least.

Or as safe as possible here. He glanced back at the cyborg and asked.

"Would you happen to have some form of bio-metric scan capability ma'am?"

@Crow @Jeremi @Nater Taters @Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Holding Room 2 @Rendezvous
----------
Meanwhile back guarding the door. Bekka realized she had chosen poorly.
Saber tapped her foot, arms crossed. At the least, the exit would be clear for those returning.

"Have you much experience in matters of war?"

@Jeremi

Lucifer adjusted Morrigan in his carry and placed a hand on the wall, drawing on his abilities.

"The walls seem to be warded against my intangibility. So I'm presuming they've included mystic wards to an extent."

Which made sense...Between the three heavy hitters of mystic might, this would have been a cardboard prison otherwise. All it'd take is one one them to regain their powers and it would have been trouble. He rubbed his chin thoughtfully and let out a sigh as he adjusted Morrigan carefully, trying not to shake her overly while he carried her.

"It was Ocelot who broke us out though- Presumably, he'd scouted out the area enough to get some idea of where things are in his search for us. Beyond that? The rendezvous point is our best goal for now, before we go looking to ask him."

He wanted the leaders safe first at least.

Or as safe as possible here. He glanced back at the cyborg and asked.

"Would you happen to have some form of bio-metric scan capability ma'am?"

----------

Saber tapped her foot, arms crossed. At the least, the exit would be clear for those returning.

"Have you much experience in matters of war?"

@Jeremi

Lois would nod. "Though since I got here my powers been a slight on the fritz. What should I be looking for?"

"I was baptized in it." She replied to the knight. "But that doesn't mean I'm a fan."​

Lois would nod. "Though since I got here my powers been a slight on the fritz. What should I be looking for?"
"First if you hadn't already, take a look at our mages for an irregularity then scan me. I'm going to shock myself with the baton afterwards, and I'd like you to record it. Though of course, after we get somewhere safe."

Explaining, he continued.

"This tool of theirs disrupts magic and powers- Related to the mechanics behind the fog I suspect. If it comes to it, you stand the best chance of getting the information back to base if the rest of us are compromised. We're going to need all the Intelligence we can secure from this place."

He hesitated as though about to add something before thinking better of it. A gesture so minuscule you'd hardly think it occurred. It was a stupid thing to ask and they had no time. As it is?

They had a rendezvous point to get to.

-----------
"I was baptized in it." She replied to the knight. "But that doesn't mean I'm a fan."
"Oh?" Saber said softly with a smile. "Because I am."

@Jeremi

"First if you hadn't already, take a look at our mages for an irregularity then scan me. I'm going to shock myself with the baton afterwards, and I'd like you to record it. Though of course, after we get somewhere safe."

"This tool of theirs disrupts magic and powers- Related to the mechanics behind the fog I suspect. If it comes to it, you stand the best chance of getting the information back to base if the rest of us are compromised. We're going to need all the Intelligence we can secure from this place."

He hesitated as though about to add something before thinking better of it. A gesture so minuscule you'd hardly think it occurred. It was a stupid thing to ask and they had no time. As it is?

-----------

@Jeremi

"I've never used my body scanners for something like that, but I'll try once we get safe." Lois replied.

Now Bekka turned her attention towards Saber to look her over. "War only brings disaster and death. I like to fight, but I do it to prevent war, not create it. If you fight only for the sake of war...then you're lost."

@Ringmaster

-----------

@Jeremi

"I've never used my body scanners for something like that, but I'll try once we get safe." Lois replied.

Now Bekka turned her attention towards Saber to look her over. "War only brings disaster and death. I like to fight, but I do it to prevent war, not create it. If you fight only for the sake of war...then you're lost."

@Ringmaster

I arrived at the Rendezvous and felt my shoulders slumped when no enemies were present. A few other captives had followed me and we protected the meet up location, though I was itching for some action. These Umbrella fools had wrongfully kidnapped us and planned to use Ilona's power, now each one would receive my judgement.

Then two women started talking about being baptized in war. Children, thinking that such a wondrous occasion would be linked towards something such war. I typed,

"HA! YOU MAY HAVE BEEN 'BAPTIZED' IN WAR, BUT I WAS BORN IN IT, MOLDED BY IT! MY SOUL KNOWS NO PEACE FOR IN THE FUTURE OF MANKIND THERE IS ONLY DEMONIC INVASIONS!"

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Whoever at the Rendezvous

Mason stands in the room amongst the now twice-dead Crimson Heads. There were no more enemies to fight even though his thirst for battle wasn't quenched. From here, either he could continue sustaining this form and burn through more aura, but be ready if another battle arrived, or he could release this form and hope that another battle wouldn't arrive until he had a chance to restore some of his aura. After a time spent contemplating among corpses, Mason arrives at his decision.

In a scintillating display, Mason releases all the energy that had built up his Frenzied form. When the dazzling aura lights fade Mason falls to his knees. His head is spinning and he feels nauseous, but he gathers his thoughts and rises victoriously.

He thinks to himself, "I've completed my job here. Where is it they told me to go? Some kind of ren.. ren... rendezvous point? Yeah... by that one door. That's... probably the best choice." His head still spinning, Mason makes his way out of the Holding Room and shuffles onward to the Rendezvous Point. Once there he sits down and rubs his temples, focusing on restoring the aura lost in battle.

@Holding Room 2 -> @Rendezvous Point
Aura Inv: [Empty]
Aura Power: [BCOLOR=#000000]65% -> ??%[/BCOLOR]

Pocket Inv: Aura Guide, Tool Belt

@Crow @Jeremi @Nater Taters @Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster

@Ringmaster
"You speak as though I have a place anywhere else." She remarked casually with a smile, before gesturing at herself. "Do I look particularly altruistic? Or anything along the lines of those who join this organization?"
"HA! YOU MAY HAVE BEEN 'BAPTIZED' IN WAR, BUT I WAS BORN IN IT, MOLDED BY IT! MY SOUL KNOWS NO PEACE FOR IN THE FUTURE OF MANKIND THERE IS ONLY DEMONIC INVASIONS!"
".....Bad example, that one." : |

@Jeremi @Archwar

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Takumi and Archwar
"You speak as though I have a place anywhere else." She remarked casually with a smile, before gesturing at herself. "Do I look particularly altruistic? Or anything along the lines of those who join this organization?"

@Jeremi @Archwar
"BAD EXAMPLE?! WHY MISS, I HAVE FOUGHT THE LEGIONS OF HELL ITSELF AND SPENT COUNTLESS YEARS RAVAGING THEM IN THEIR OWN HOME! I HAVE FOUGHT DEMONS THAT WOULD DRIVE PEOPLE INSANE OR FLATTEN THEM WITH THEIR THUMBS AND WON! IF I AM A BAD EXAMPLE, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

I really, really wanted to yell all of that out to express my pride, but unfortunately all the sound I could make at the time was just some angry grunts and growls. Damn device.

@Ringmaster @Jeremi

I arrived at the Rendezvous and felt my shoulders slumped when no enemies were present. A few other captives had followed me and we protected the meet up location, though I was itching for some action. These Umbrella fools had wrongfully kidnapped us and planned to use Ilona's power, now each one would receive my judgement.

Then two women started talking about being baptized in war. Children, thinking that such a wondrous occasion would be linked towards something such war. I typed,

@Jeremi @Ringmaster @Whoever at the Rendezvous

Mason stands in the room amongst the now twice-dead Crimson Heads. There were no more enemies to fight even though his thirst for battle wasn't quenched. From here, either he could continue sustaining this form and burn through more aura, but be ready if another battle arrived, or he could release this form and hope that another battle wouldn't arrive until he had a chance to restore some of his aura. After a time spent contemplating among corpses, Mason arrives at his decision.

In a scintillating display, Mason releases all the energy that had built up his Frenzied form. When the dazzling aura lights fade Mason falls to his knees. His head is spinning and he feels nauseous, but he gathers his thoughts and rises victoriously.

He thinks to himself, "I've completed my job here. Where is it they told me to go? Some kind of ren.. ren... rendezvous point? Yeah... by that one door. That's... probably the best choice." His head still spinning, Mason makes his way out of the Holding Room and shuffles onward to the Rendezvous Point. Once there he sits down and rubs his temples, focusing on restoring the aura lost in battle.

@Holding Room 2 -> @Rendezvous Point
Aura Power: [BCOLOR=#000000]65% -> ??%[/BCOLOR]

@Crow @Jeremi @Nater Taters @Verite @Atomyk @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster

@Jeremi @Archwar

"BAD EXAMPLE?! WHY MISS, I HAVE FOUGHT THE LEGIONS OF HELL ITSELF AND SPENT COUNTLESS YEARS RAVAGING THEM IN THEIR OWN HOME! I HAVE FOUGHT DEMONS THAT WOULD DRIVE PEOPLE INSANE OR FLATTEN THEM WITH THEIR THUMBS AND WON! IF I AM A BAD EXAMPLE, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

I really, really wanted to yell all of that out to express my pride, but unfortunately all the sound I could make at the time was just some angry grunts and growls. Damn device.

@Ringmaster @Jeremi

Toboe, who had arrived at the Rendezvous point with Cheza behind him. The wolf tilted his head at the others, wondering what they were talking about. He had caught on to something about war but that was all.

Cheza was currently testing the feel of the gun in her hands. Initially she didn't like it, frowning. Though, she guessed that it couldn't be helped. Turning her head to look at Mason, Cheza grew curious.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

@Ringmaster @Archwar @Jeremi @Mason Moretti

Toboe, who had arrived at the Rendezvous point with Cheza behind him. The wolf tilted his head at the others, wondering what they were talking about. He had caught on to something about war but that was all.

Cheza was currently testing the feel of the gun in her hands. Initially she didn't like it, frowning. Though, she guessed that it couldn't be helped. Turning her head to look at Mason, Cheza grew curious.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

@Ringmaster @Archwar @Jeremi @Mason Moretti
Mason looks up at Cheza and responds, stuttering, "I- I- I'm fine. Actually, I overworked myself a bit. I'm... I'm a little scared. Usually I'm pretty cool and under control. I just... I don't want to go too far and hurt the people I care about.

"Right now, I just need to focus on regaining my aura. Frenzy mode takes a lot out of me... Next battle, I hope I don't need to use it."
A small tear forms in the corner of his eye that he quickly wipes away. "Name's Mason Moretti. You can call me Mason, or Trav. Might I learn your name, Madame?"

Mason looks up at Cheza and responds, stuttering, "I- I- I'm fine. Actually, I overworked myself a bit. I'm... I'm a little scared. Usually I'm pretty cool and under control. I just... I don't want to go too far and hurt the people I care about.

"Right now, I just need to focus on regaining my aura. Frenzy mode takes a lot out of me... Next battle, I hope I don't need to use it."
A small tear forms in the corner of his eye that he quickly wipes away. "Name's Mason Moretti. You can call me Mason, or Trav. Might I learn your name, Madame?"

Cheza moved to sit in front of him, setting the gun in her hands aside.

"This one is called Cheza. It is nice to meet you, Mason. This one is glad that you will be okay." she replied, smiling at him.

Cheza moved to sit in front of him, setting the gun in her hands aside.

"This one is called Cheza. It is nice to meet you, Mason. This one is glad that you will be okay." she replied, smiling at him.

Mason takes a moment to process Cheza's unique speaking patterns. After that moment, he smiles at her and replies, "Thank you for your concern, Miss Cheza. If you would do me a favor... If I look like I'm going off he deep end, I want you to give me a good, hard slap. Don't be afraid to hurt me. It's even fine if you shoot me as long as you don't hit anything vital. Can you do that for me, please?" Cheza's kindness towards a stranger warmed Mason's heart, helping him restore his aura.

@Rendezvous Point
Aura Inventory: [Empty]
Aura Power:
70% and building
Pocket Inventory: Aura Guide, Tool Belt

@Crow @Jeremi @Nater Taters @Verite @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Ringmaster @Takumi

Mason takes a moment to process Cheza's unique speaking patterns. After that moment, he smiles at her and replies, "Thank you for your concern, Miss Cheza. If you would do me a favor... If I look like I'm going off he deep end, I want you to give me a good, hard slap. Don't be afraid to hurt me. It's even fine if you shoot me as long as you don't hit anything vital. Can you do that for me, please?" Cheza's kindness towards a stranger warmed Mason's heart, helping him restore his aura.

@Rendezvous Point
Aura Inventory: [Empty]
Aura Power:
70% and building
Pocket Inventory: Aura Guide, Tool Belt

@Crow @Jeremi @Nater Taters @Verite @Mason Moretti @Atomyk @Ringmaster @Takumi

"This one has never held a gun before, so shooting you would not be best...This one will do her best to help you." Cheza responded.

Toboe's ears twitched as he sat there, tail wagging behind him as he waited for the rest of the group.

@Ringmaster @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Rendezvous point @Anybody I missed

Quickly passing by Kyouko down the hall like a scarlet blur, a merchant snagged Len from beside the detective, squeezing the tiny thing to her breast as she barged into the rendezvous room.

"Now where's my rich little- Ah!"

After spotting the idle Shiki, Anna ran right on up to the glasses-wearing 'rich boy' of hers. Swinging Len onto her back to dangle from, the young redhead pressed her body against the back of Shiki's, pointed fingers curling against his chest shamelessly.

"Made out of that nasty situation unscathed, I hope?" The older woman hummed with a wink. "Well, it seems that way, rich boy. I, on the hand, happened to be quite ticked off since some worthless grunts dared to touch my gold and stock."

There was a heavy sigh as Anna could feel her anger bubbling over. Once cooled down, the redhead smirked.

Fire_Emblem_Awakening_anna_crit_full.png

"But it's fine. All fine. I'll find them. And sell their bodies to the town butcher. Maybe even give their families some gifts if I can find them." She sighed with a dreamy grin.

@Verite

Stiles stood watch of the door and wondered if anything was going to happen. It seemed that Scott had decided to join him, carrying nothing on him. " So, I guess we just wait for everyone to gather here. So ummm... would anyone like to talk about themselves? Perhaps what is going on in their lives, maybe why they joined-," he said, trying to break the ice.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay
@Rendezvous Point I guess

Reactions: Mason Moretti
Stiles stood watch of the door and wondered if anything was going to happen. It seemed that Scott had decided to join him, carrying nothing on him. " So, I guess we just wait for everyone to gather here. So ummm... would anyone like to talk about themselves? Perhaps what is going on in their lives, maybe why they joined-," he said, trying to break the ice.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay

Mason heard his question and decided to respond. There were things he could get off his chest. "I joined because I was tired of wandering around. I couldn't go home because there wasn't much left of my home to go back to. For about a year, people who knew me called me The Traveller. I drifted aimlessly between worlds, trying hard to remember names and keep friends, but I'd always lose grasp of where they were.

"I had no home, so the Coalition became mine. Now, somebody's attacked it. This Umbrella Corporation tried to take away our home and stole away a member of our Coalition family. Now we're going to get her back and defend that home."

@Rendezvous Point
Aura Power:
73% and building

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite

Mason heard his question and decided to respond. There were things he could get off his chest. "I joined because I was tired of wandering around. I couldn't go home because there wasn't much left of my home to go back to. For about a year, people who knew me called me The Traveller. I drifted aimlessly between worlds, trying hard to remember names and keep friends, but I'd always lose grasp of where they were.

"I had no home, so the Coalition became mine. Now, somebody's attacked it. This Umbrella Corporation tried to take away our home and stole away a member of our Coalition family. Now we're going to get her back and defend that home."

@Rendezvous Point
Aura Power:
73% and building

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite
mfnlLhp.png

"So humble~" he complimented.
Zen wasn't one to talk about his past, he didn't particularly like to think about it if he didn't have to. But there were members of the Coalition here, and anything up the point where he had established himself as an actor was fair game. "I joined because I wanted to help others with their dreams, people from other dimensions as well." He smiled, "My own dreams have been achieved, but so many people out there need help."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point​

Reactions: Mason Moretti

@Rendezvous Point
Aura Power:
73% and building

mfnlLhp.png

"So humble~" he complimented.
Zen wasn't one to talk about his past, he didn't particularly like to think about it if he didn't have to. But there were members of the Coalition here, and anything up the point where he had established himself as an actor was fair game. "I joined because I wanted to help others with their dreams, people from other dimensions as well." He smiled, "My own dreams have been achieved, but so many people out there need help."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point​

WBJfeMo.webp

"Ah, long story. The short story - I liked the gigs the UN pulled during that Fall of Elliot incident. Was there with my little pal Shouko. I thought I could catch in on the action, especially since I found that I had... uh... odd abilities while outside my world. After that, a couple of my other pals were sucked into these Murder Games - the Rapture Incident and that... Daughter Incident? Seriously though why wasn't it called the Bright Falls incident or the Monokuma Case? Anyways, that's kinda what motivated me to stay around in the UN for longer than I expected. Put a halt to the Murder Perpetrators from grabbing chaps from my world, hopefully others too..."

Kido sheds a tear.

"Of course, that might also mean my girls and I will never be able to meet our crossdimensional friends again, that includes you all, but I don't know what's more important - friendship and love that trascends dimensions, or safety... I don't want to disappoint them, or myself..."

glXTgGe.webp

Madoka felt a little sad looking at Kido's inner state. "I, on the other hand, requested to join the UN in order to keep an eye on this little rascal over here. Not even a disciplined workplace can suppress him, but I suppose that that is not a completely bad thing..." Madoka then pats her brother on the back. "It will be a while until that time comes, brother. Until then... we will make the best of it."

Madoka then hands Kido a box.

cU2MSk3.jpg

"Plenty of time, brother, plenty of time."

"Ah! My secret gift box that totally isn't what it seems to be! How did I you find it?"

"It was probably taken with the rest of our equipment. That means that you never did lose it."

Madoka lets out a brief smile.

"Oh. I see."

@Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Sen @Crow @Rendezvous Point

Soft, blue eyes cracked open slowly. Where...Where was he? Bradley lifted his head and inspected the area, his eyes aching, wanting to be closed again. One minute he was getting a drink for him and Zen, the next he's waking up on the ground, dizzy and uncoordinated. It took him a few seconds, but he was soon on his feet, arm resting on the wall, keeping himself steady while his body was hunched over. "Zen...?" He called out weakly, taking a step forward. "Ze-Zen?" He asked again, voice growing louder.

The smell of blood was apparent in the air, but where was it coming from? The boy had no idea - He had been in the slaughterhouse of his home back at the farm enough times to be able to pick that smell out from a gaseous fume of them, but he never quite got used to it. When he rounded a corner, however, the source was obvious. His eyes widened and he took a step back, staring at the mutilated corpses lying on the ground. "Wh-what the..." Holding back vomit, he looked straight ahead, trying to power through the bodies. His feet sloshed around, disgusting squelching noises filling the silence. With each step, he could feel his appetite diminishing more and more.

D6gbkKf.png

A few minutes after he exited that battlefield, he could hear some voices and, before he knew it, he heard Zen's distinctive voice. His spirits immediately soared and he started picking up his pace. "Zen!" He exclaimed loudly, the man coming into sight. "Ze-Zen, there ya are!"

@Sen (( Sorry it's kinda bad. It'll get better, I promise. ))​
Madoka then hands Kido a box.

cU2MSk3.jpg

"Plenty of time, brother, plenty of time."

"Ah! My secret gift box that totally isn't what it seems to be! How did I you find it?"

"It was probably taken with the rest of our equipment. That means that you never did lose it."

Madoka lets out a brief smile.

"Oh. I see."
mfnlLhp.png

"That looks like a box for a ring."

ifasAqg.gif

"... Don't tell me you're getting married?!" Zen sighed, "So young, so early! Aigoo, I'm jealous."
From the corner of his eye, the actor spotted a familiar face. A scared familiar face. "Oh, Bradley!" He beckoned the boy over, "Where did you go? Did you get hurt?" He looked all over the boy, but the blood that stained his clothes didn't appear to be his. "You shouldn't wander off like that."
@Wren @Jeremi @Takumi @Hospes @Crimson Spartan @york @Atomyk @dark @Archwar @Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Crow @Nater Taters @Verite @Rendezvous Point

Status
Not open for further replies.