Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just leave. Please."

Wanda clearly wasn't in the right mindset. Turning her head, she didn't watch as the men left. Wanda knew she was wrong, but couldn't back down.
"Thank you."

It was a quiet tone, barely rating above a whisper but it cut through the silence of the aftermath of that argument as the lone male member(barring the Knight Commander in his bodyguard role) of the M.E.U., stepped from the shadows. Traces of Kotomine showed in his outfit, the Executor-styled clothing and cross still a design he favored. But the longcoat and the hat was his own, as was the weapons he armed himself with beyond the nominal Black Keys of the church. Clarifying, he said quietly.

"For your shield. You saved many lives today."

He hesitated a moment before asking.

"I was wondering if I may have a moment of your time?"

@Josh M

Well, would you look at that. Weiss and company had arrived at the holding cells, Ruby hadn't answered her question, and said Rose had exclaimed something about an 'Ilona' and pulled that annoying little running trick of hers to join some blonde female in a cell. "Ruby!" she exclaimed with annoyance, hands clenching into fists at her sides. "What are you doing? Get out of that cell, you dolt!" It was an annoyed demand. After all, Ruby was the last one that would ever belong in a cell. Besides, certainly if this other woman was in a cell, there was a reason for it.

4g3342_zpsa3a6bb05.png

And then she overheard the girl say that she had caused the explosion earlier. If Weiss hadn't already wanted Ruby out of that forsaken cell, before, she certainly did, now. Icy blue orbs hardened, narrowing to glare at the woman named Ilona. "So it was you!" she started. "Do you have any idea how much damage you've caused?! How many lives you've taken and people you've injured?" Weiss demanded. "Why this little crowd you've somehow gathered hasn't shut the door to your cell, I'll never know." It was a cold remark, and silently, the female marched into the cell, moving to grab Ruby's shoulder, glaring at Ilona all the while. "Come on, Ruby, we're leaving. It obviously isn't safe to be around this filthy miscreant."

Looked like Weiss didn't exactly need a motivating speech from the tentacle monster.

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Holding Cells​

Wanda looked weary as she turned to man.

People still died, but thank you. How can I help you?

@Ringmaster
"Less then might have been if it weren't for you." He reminded gently before clearing his throat.

"I'm in need of someone versed in Malevolence and its effects upon the human condition. I can fight it, but my understanding is limited to the mindset of the Hunter, not the Mage."

A little diplomacy went a long way among other things. Sure, he could do the basics but it was like comparing a car mechanic to a ship one. Apples and oranges, the theory was all well and good, but without magic? It was like watching a black and white television.

And in gaining everyone and their insights, he would slowly build up the picture he had built in his mind.

That was the idea anyway. And then because he may as well, he asked.

"Also, how would WAND and the M.E.U. miss patches of Malevolance here, in the base itself? That seems to suggest a great deal of incompetence on behalf of the group responsible- Or a traitor. Or a new ability we can attribute it to. Perhaps even all at once, and I find that a terrifying possibility. Nevertheless, in your professional opinion as a magus, what would you say?"

@Josh M

Mason takes a deep breath and stands up to Deoxys. "You're partially right, Deoxys. Being this close if another explosion happened would be dangerous, but Wanda Maximoff wasn't the only one protecting people out there. I was able to withstand the first explosion and I'd be able to do it again. I'd bet anything that I could keep the explosion from hurting anybody."
@CrunchyCHEEZIT

Mason wasn't lying, nor was he completely incorrect. The issue lay within what he refused to say. He had enough aura left to contain the blast, but only just enough. Even that much would not only blow through his aura he had reserved for battle, but also dip into the aura that powered his body and soul. Creating a barrier that strong had the risk of Mason passing out, or worse, passing.

That didn't matter. With the World's Heart on, he followed he voice of his heart, not his head. He was dead-set on helping Ilona. He turned to her and said,
"Ilona, there's no reason to do this to you. You don't need to be locked up. You're not a criminal! If anything, you need to be trained. You have people here, friends, who are willing and eager to help you!
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"You might as well throw me in one of these cells. I'm not leaving Ilona alone here. She..."
@Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster

Ilona's sudden outburst made Mason jump back, putting him on the safe side of the barrier.

Saber Alter's words were fairly "persuasive" as well. His scanning of Saber Alter earlier showed strengths that he wasn't very prepared to fight against at this moment. The threat made a chill run down his spine. He rethinks his actions.

After doing so, he said, "Alright. I understand. I'll stay on the safe side of the barrier. However, I'm not leaving this hallway until Ilona can be set free." And with that, Mason sits down against a wall and retrieves a book from a pocket hidden in his cloak. He sits in a position where Ilona and he can't see each other, but he's still within earshot.

@Holding Cells
Aura Inv: [Empty] Aura Power: 25%

Pocket Inv: Wallet, Book
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crow @Bomb @Ringmaster
glXTgGe.png

"Producers, Mister. There are a lot more Producers that you think. We are just two of many," Madoka replies humbly. "apart from my brother, I've met about many others like me in my line of work. How could you tell that we were the Producers, anyways?"

WBJfeMo.png

"Probably the business suits and ties. It's kind of a trademark for all Producers alike, and the best fashion choice after fine-tuned rebel punk. We're two of a kind alright! Our idols, in particular, are the cutest, coolest and most passionate! And better than 765Pro's roster of 50." Kido boasts. "Wait, aren't you the guy from that smartphone ap-"

"Brother, don't do it. Try to withhold going meta."

"OK, OK, I got it."

"Well, if what Poke-man here says is true, it's important that we leave. Well, most of us, anyways," Kido says.

"Everyone who intends to stay behind, in one group. Everyone who intends to leave the vicinity, in another," Madoka glares, "Afterwards, stay within your respective groups. If Hisoka has any known weaknesses, it is probably power in numbers."

"How do you know that?"

"I don't."

"We really are peas in a pod, huh, sister?" He looks at Zen after that. "You saw that, didn't you, Mister? Two of a kind, just as I said!"

@Kaykay @Sen @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @HOLDING CELLS

Ruby Rose
@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Holding Cells

Ruby looked around the cells, noticing the damage that had occurred during the explosion... But where was Ilona? There were others that tagged along with her, sure, but she still wasn't sure where the person she had looking for had gone in the holding cells. Zen's question made her pause for a moment, as she looked around, before she suddenly spotted the whole reason she was here in the first place...

"Ilona!" She shouted, rushing to her side in a red blur, leaving behind yet another trail of red petals.

However, it was only when she was beside Ilona that she noticed she was in a cell... Granted it was unlocked, she looked confused, opening her mouth as she was about to say something, but abruptly stopped when Deoxys spoke.

In that moment... It became clear that Ilona was responsible for the explosion...

The image of Jennifer's unconscious form filled her mind once more... But... Then, looking at Ilona, the sadness on her face... How she had put herself in a holding cell... It was obvious she hadn't meant for any of this to happen... But... How... Why?... Ruby thought back to the part of the meeting she had attended, before the explosion happened anyways.

The most distinct detail she could remember was the discussion about despair... Or malevolance... That image of the Arch Demon... And distinct bits of the conversation that followed...

"See here, this was the Arch Demon. The menace who both brought us together and nearly destroyed us. Though we've defeated him, his influence and presence still linger all around us. There are those who would threaten us by copying his ways... or even just become inspired by him. However, we have to first discuss the most immediate of his legacy... the despair energy he created and his very remains."

"While we don't know who has these remains now, we can only imagine those that got to them first has nothing but bad intentions. Those remains are imbued with despair energy... something we've recently began to describe as malevolence. It's not just the Arch Demon's remains that hold malevolence, but anything or anyone that he touched through his Murder Games. It would seem that certain entities can create this energy when sentient beings experience strong negative emotions. The Arch Demon was one such entity, but unfortunately others out there exist."

"If individuals can so easily be afflicted with this... Malevolence you speak of, then would not everyone who participated in these Murder Games, or at the very least, if not those who stood in the presence of the Dark Presence, those who stood in the presence of the Arch Demon, be afflicted as well?"

"it was more the Arch Demon that spread the malevolence. If there's anyone with dormant despair energy residing inside them, it's bound to reside in survivors of any Murder Games that he had orchestrated, most notably the earliest one or ones, to put forward a hypothesis. However, Malevolence is a fragile force, and if put in an environment that is otherwise stable and free of despair, we can hypothesize that it would die off quickly without a catalyst to strengthen it"

9OQxgjX.gif

Surprisingly, Ruby didn't seem scared of Ilona, just worried for her... Judging by the look on her face, and she was quite silent for a while, not backing away, but not moving any closer, before she finally decided to speak.

"Um... Do you remember what happened before the explosion?" She asked, sounding kind of quiet all of a sudden.

Ruby tried to move a little closer to Ilona, watching for any signs that would indicate she should get out of there as soon as possible... But it looked like she was trying to figure out what had caused it all... After all, if she heard the conversation during that meeting correctly... Malevolence was triggered by despair... And since Ilona herself, had that Malevolence in her, being a descendent of Elsa... Who had been in direct contact with the Arch-Demon, it only seemed logical that something must have caused despair in Ilona...

mfnlLhp.png

"Oh, I just knew." He chuckled mischievously, "I have my connections. Mm~ it must be hard work being a PD, not a lot of time to relax?" Back when he was still spending most of his days acting or rehearsing, he managed himself. Zen was a freelancer, there was no one to boss the young man around except for himself. These days, he liked to think that he did a good job starting himself off and getting to where he was now. But then again, he had a certain hacker to thank as well.
FHcETUe.gif

"Nobody can deny those idols are cuties~ Aah, and they're so talented too. Talent takes such hard work to nuture~"

AXHBCxB.png

"Two PDs are better than one~"
"But I'm going to be staying with the ladies here," he glanced at Ruby and Weiss. "I'd feel bad if I just left them." The actor sighed, before forcing a friendly smile on his face. Despite this, his movements were flowing and natural. He was good at hiding how he truly felt most of the time. "My stage name is Zen, it's an honor to meet you both, PD-ssi."

Zen could only watch and listen to the arguments of the others at the cells, with a rather cute blond girl in the center of it all. Wasn't she the one they were all talking about in the meeting? It almost hurt, the way she seemed to be in tears and confused about the world. Even if she did cause the explosion, did she really deserve to be in a cell, like some sort of criminal?

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Holding Cells​
Well, would you look at that. Weiss and company had arrived at the holding cells, Ruby hadn't answered her question, and said Rose had exclaimed something about an 'Ilona' and pulled that annoying little running trick of hers to join some blonde female in a cell. "Ruby!" she exclaimed with annoyance, hands clenching into fists at her sides. "What are you doing? Get out of that cell, you dolt!" It was an annoyed demand. After all, Ruby was the last one that would ever belong in a cell. Besides, certainly if this other woman was in a cell, there was a reason for it.

4g3342_zpsa3a6bb05.png

And then she overheard the girl say that she had caused the explosion earlier. If Weiss hadn't already wanted Ruby out of that forsaken cell, before, she certainly did, now. Icy blue orbs hardened, narrowing to glare at the woman named Ilona. "So it was you!" she started. "Do you have any idea how much damage you've caused?! How many lives you've taken and people you've injured?" Weiss demanded. "Why this little crowd you've somehow gathered hasn't shut the door to your cell, I'll never know." It was a cold remark, and silently, the female marched into the cell, moving to grab Ruby's shoulder, glaring at Ilona all the while. "Come on, Ruby, we're leaving. It obviously isn't safe to be around this filthy miscreant."

Looked like Weiss didn't exactly need a motivating speech from the tentacle monster.

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Holding Cells​
The blonde trembled, dropping her hands off her head after a moment. She took in a deep breath afterwards, ashamed of her outburst. The young woman knew she needed to keep calm. If she didn't, it was possible that she could cause another explosion. If the others wouldn't do their part and leave her alone, the least Ilona could do was to try and stay in control as best she could.

JXnBxiO.png

"Sir Mason, I-I-- I do wish there was a way I could learn to control this power or perhaps even be rid of it. However, at this point in time the Coalition doesn't know much about this bizarre energy I have. So, for the time being, they should treat me as if I'm dangerous."

When Ruby would approach Ilona, for the first time she wouldn't stiffen. Still, she didn't seem very happy that others were around her. "I remember... that I saw someone headed for the library. I followed them inside, but when I walked in I only found Jill Valentine's body. I then got upset and caused the explosion... that's all I know. I'm uncertain how it happened but--"

Ilona cut herself off when Weiss yelled at her, looking up at the female like a depressed puppy dog who had just been physically assaulted by those words. Yet, strangely enough Ilona didn't cry, flinch, or yell out like she had when Deoxys had given his speech. The pokémon had simply stated the cold, hard facts. It was those things that bothered her most. However, Weiss had actually displayed an emotional reaction of distaste for the princess.

"Thank you," Ilona said, bowing her body all the way down to the floor in the direction Weiss was standing. She continued to speak, her voice trembling. "You're the first person who has treated me the way I deserve to be treated right now. If you have burdens over this issue I have caused, you may yell at me all you wish. Don't hold back. You may shower me with all manner of cruel words. I have not been punished properly for what I have done. Give me what I deserve..."

@york @Hospes @Sen @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells

tumblr_inline_nl0mw3aQLZ1r3leyb.png

Sauntering about in the Command Center, while listening in on some of the various conversations going on in there, Train eventually stopped and realized Arty had left without him. Deciding he would catch up with the man later, the ex-assassin instead made his way over to Kyoko. "Yo, leader, when you get a minute, could we talk?" Train asked, looking to be in no huge hurry. The male wanted to address the issue of his missing friend, but was well aware that due to the situation at hand she might've been too busy to chat. Other than the fact he wanted to check up on the state of the Coalition, this was also secretly part of the reason why he had gone to the Command Center in the first place.

@Atomyk @Verite @Command Center​

Stiles was getting bored sitting in the command center, waiting for someone to talk too. He took out a sandwich he had 'borrowed' from the refridgator. He looked over at the journal and started to doodle himself and Scott and adding names. He wondered if he could be a good artist. " Bored, bored, anyone anything happening interesting?" He asked.

@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty@Command Center @literally anyone.

Scott listened to the alien talk and he decided to join Ruby in the cell with Illona. It wasn't like this was a good plan, but the worst thing to do to a person in despair was to leave them alone. " It's not your fault that you got upset and caused that explosion, you couldn't have known that you would have felt such despair," he said to Illona.

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ Holding Cells.... specifically Ilona's cell

Stiles was getting bored sitting in the command center, waiting for someone to talk too. He took out a sandwich he had 'borrowed' from the refridgator. He looked over at the journal and started to doodle himself and Scott and adding names. He wondered if he could be a good artist. " Bored, bored, anyone anything happening interesting?" He asked.

Scott listened to the alien talk and he decided to join Ruby in the cell with Illona. It wasn't like this was a good plan, but the worst thing to do to a person in despair was to leave them alone. " It's not your fault that you got upset and caused that explosion, you couldn't have known that you would have felt such despair," he said to Illona.

Both Bekka and Lois had returned back to the command center after finishing their tasks. "Well maybe you could've come and helped us out clearing debris if you're that bored." Bekka replied to Stiles.

@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Command Center

Both Bekka and Lois had returned back to the command center after finishing their tasks. "Well maybe you could've come and helped us out clearing debris if you're that bored." Bekka replied to Stiles.
Stiles tilted his head as he looked at Bekka. " I'm 147 pounds of frail bones and next to no muscles. The debris is going to move me," he sarcastically replied in response to the suggestion of cleaning the debris.It was pretty much impossible.

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Verite @Command center

The blonde trembled, dropping her hands off her head after a moment. She took in a deep breath afterwards, ashamed of her outburst. The young woman knew she needed to keep calm. If she didn't, it was possible that she could cause another explosion. If the others wouldn't do their part and leave her alone, the least Ilona could do was to try and stay in control as best she could.

JXnBxiO.png

"Sir Mason, I-I-- I do wish there was a way I could learn to control this power or perhaps even be rid of it. However, at this point in time the Coalition doesn't know much about this bizarre energy I have. So, for the time being, they should treat me as if I'm dangerous."

When Ruby would approach Ilona, for the first time she wouldn't stiffen. Still, she didn't seem very happy that others were around her. "I remember... that I saw someone headed for the library. I followed them inside, but when I walked in I only found Jill Valentine's body. I then got upset and caused the explosion... that's all I know. I'm uncertain how it happened but--"

Ilona cut herself off when Weiss yelled at her, looking up at the female like a depressed puppy dog who had just been physically assaulted by those words. Yet, strangely enough Ilona didn't cry, flinch, or yell out like she had when Deoxys had given his speech. The pokémon had simply stated the cold, hard facts. It was those things that bothered her most. However, Weiss had actually displayed an emotional reaction of distaste for the princess.

"Thank you," Ilona said, bowing her body all the way down to the floor in the direction Weiss was standing. She continued to speak, her voice trembling. "You're the first person who has treated me the way I deserve to be treated right now. If you have burdens over this issue I have caused, you may yell at me all you wish. Don't hold back. You may shower me with all manner of cruel words. I have not been punished properly for what I have done. Give me what I deserve..."

@york @Hospes @Sen @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells

Mason, welling up with tears from hearing Ilona take all this abuse, was glad that the spot he chose to sit was one where Ilona couldn't see him. He sat against the wall that held the door to Ilona's cell, just out of sight if Ilona were to look at the corner of the doorframe. If she did, all she might see is the hem of his cloak and the book he held in his hands. He felt sympathy for Ilona, gaining a sadness to match her distress. He would be willing to cry if there weren't other people in the room.

He stole a glance at Deoxys, who he knew could see right through him. Deoxys could sense aura, or at least sense something, and probably read minds. There wouldn't be any hiding of emotions from Deoxys, but that didn't mean Mason had to admit his emotions. Instead, he dug into the book in his hands.

On the cover of the book was written "The Moretti's Guide to Aura and the Unseen, Volume 1." Or, at least that's what Mason thought it read. The entire book, cover-to-cover, was written in Latin. So was Volume 2, and most of Volume 3, which sat in Mason's room at this time. These books were written by Mason's family over the years, with each generation adding to the tome until it ran out of pages. Only Volume 4, started by his great-grandparents, was written entirely in English. It was from there that Mason gained most of his knowledge on his own powers.

Even though he couldn't read Latin, Mason believed that the answer to helping Ilona was somewhere within this guide. His parents had warned him about dark forces before. There must be a key to fighting against malevolence, and Mason would find it even if he had to translate the book word by word. He reached into his pocket to retrieve his phone so that he could look up translations on the internet, except...

He didn't have his phone. It hasn't been in his pocket since he talked to Ilona in the Lounge. Mason would have to settle with looking at the pictures in the Aura Guide for now.

@Holding Cells
Aura Inv: [Empty] Power: 25%

Pocket Inv: Aura Guide, Wallet

@york @Hospes @Sen @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Crow

tumblr_inline_nl0mw3aQLZ1r3leyb.png

Sauntering about in the Command Center, while listening in on some of the various conversations going on in there, Train eventually stopped and realized Arty had left without him. Deciding he would catch up with the man later, the ex-assassin instead made his way over to Kyoko. "Yo, leader, when you get a minute, could we talk?" Train asked, looking to be in no huge hurry. The male wanted to address the issue of his missing friend, but was well aware that due to the situation at hand she might've been too busy to chat. Other than the fact he wanted to check up on the state of the Coalition, this was also secretly part of the reason why he had gone to the Command Center in the first place.

@Atomyk @Verite @Command Center​
kiri031.png

"--Hmm?"

Kyoko, who previously seemed to be lost in thought over something, would blink when Train would suddenly approach her, snapping the young woman out of her daze. Figuring that the conversation with Robin and Byakuya was done for now, at least since Ritsuko wasn't around to object to Robin's preferred course of action, she would give a nod, pocketing her gloved hands.

"I suppose I can spare some more time. What do you need?" She simply asked. Kyoko could only assume that he might want to talk about Ilona, the subject of many people's thoughts, she was sure, and soon, the subject of many more people's thoughts when the time came.

And she could only hope she'd be ready for whatever fallout awaited her later.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Stiles tilted his head as he looked at Bekka. " I'm 147 pounds of frail bones and next to no muscles. The debris is going to move me," he sarcastically replied in response to the suggestion of cleaning the debris.It was pretty much impossible.

@Jeremi @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Verite @Command center
"Either way, stop your whining. There's plenty to do around here." Bekka replied annoyed.

"Don't mind her, she can be a handful at times." Lois replied to Stiles. "I'm sure you can do what you can here. The Coalition wouldn't have taken you otherwise."

@Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Command Center

JXnBxiO.png

Cheza turned her head in Weiss' direction, then to Ilona's as each spoke in turn. Whether she was actually looking at them or past them was up for debate.

Cheza-wolfs-rain-26902083-420-600.jpg

"People are entitled to their own opinions. Some, like this one, do not put personal blame on you for what happened even if you did cause the explosion. This one does not see a reason to be upset with you. And, even though there was much death, death comes for everyone eventually. For, that is something this one has learned, Miss Ilona." Cheza spoke, a frown forming on her lips.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @york @Sen @Ringmaster @Bomb @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells @Anybody I missed

mfnlLhp.png

"Oh, I just knew." He chuckled mischievously, "I have my connections. Mm~ it must be hard work being a PD, not a lot of time to relax?" Back when he was still spending most of his days acting or rehearsing, he managed himself. Zen was a freelancer, there was no one to boss the young man around except for himself. These days, he liked to think that he did a good job starting himself off and getting to where he was now. But then again, he had a certain hacker to thank as well.
FHcETUe.gif

"Nobody can deny those idols are cuties~ Aah, and they're so talented too. Talent takes such hard work to nuture~"

AXHBCxB.png

"But I'm going to be staying with the ladies here," he glanced at Ruby and Weiss. "I'd feel bad if I just left them." The actor sighed, before forcing a friendly smile on his face. Despite this, his movements were flowing and natural. He was good at hiding how he truly felt most of the time. "My stage name is Zen, it's an honor to meet you both, PD-ssi."

Zen could only watch and listen to the arguments of the others at the cells, with a rather cute blond girl in the center of it all. Wasn't she the one they were all talking about in the meeting? It almost hurt, the way she seemed to be in tears and confused about the world. Even if she did cause the explosion, did she really deserve to be in a cell, like some sort of criminal?

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Holding Cells​

4g3342_zpsa3a6bb05.png

JXnBxiO.png

Mason, welling up with tears from hearing Ilona take all this abuse, was glad that the spot he chose to sit was one where Ilona couldn't see him. He sat against the wall that held the door to Ilona's cell, just out of sight if Ilona were to look at the corner of the doorframe. If she did, all she might see is the hem of his cloak and the book he held in his hands. He felt sympathy for Ilona, gaining a sadness to match her distress. He would be willing to cry if there weren't other people in the room.

He stole a glance at Deoxys, who he knew could see right through him. Deoxys could sense aura, or at least sense something, and probably read minds. There wouldn't be any hiding of emotions from Deoxys, but that didn't mean Mason had to admit his emotions. Instead, he dug into the book in his hands.

On the cover of the book was written "The Moretti's Guide to Aura and the Unseen, Volume 1." Or, at least that's what Mason thought it read. The entire book, cover-to-cover, was written in Latin. So was Volume 2, and most of Volume 3, which sat in Mason's room at this time. These books were written by Mason's family over the years, with each generation adding to the tome until it ran out of pages. Only Volume 4, started by his great-grandparents, was written entirely in English. It was from there that Mason gained most of his knowledge on his own powers.

Even though he couldn't read Latin, Mason believed that the answer to helping Ilona was somewhere within this guide. His parents had warned him about dark forces before. There must be a key to fighting against malevolence, and Mason would find it even if he had to translate the book word by word. He reached into his pocket to retrieve his phone so that he could look up translations on the internet, except...

He didn't have his phone. It hasn't been in his pocket since he talked to Ilona in the Lounge. Mason would have to settle with looking at the pictures in the Aura Guide for now.

@Holding Cells

@york @Hospes @Sen @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Crow
Cheza turned her head in Weiss' direction, then to Ilona's as each spoke in turn. Whether she was actually looking at them or past them was up for debate.

"People are entitled to their own opinions. Some, like this one, do not put personal blame on you for what happened even if you did cause the explosion. This one does not see a reason to be upset with you. And, even though there was much death, death comes for everyone eventually. For, that is something this one has learned, Miss Ilona." Cheza spoke, a frown forming on her lips.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Hospes @york @Sen @Ringmaster @Bomb @Mason Moretti @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells @Anybody I missed

@Mason Moretti @Hospes @Sen @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Crow
@Holding Cells
Ruby Rose

Ruby looked a little conflicted, she knew that as harsh as Weiss's words were, she was putting her life at risk, but... Even so, she didn't move from her spot...

"Weiss? I think we should... Hear her out first..." She said quietly.

Fortunately, Ilona was quick to respond, and what she said made Ruby frown a little... Someone was headed for the library... And then... Jill's body was found when Ilona walked in... Something didn't sound right, not right at all... It could easily have been Jill who had walked into the library, sure, but... It seemed like too much of a coincidence for Ilona to find Jill's body, right as she walked into that room. She had to find out who killed Jill, and why... But somehow, she felt like she might already know the answer.

sct9DdV.gif

"Ilona... It wasn't your fault..." Ruby said, a... Remarkably focused expression crossing her face, for just a moment, before her expression softened again.

"That explosion happened... Because you felt despair when you saw Jill's body... And that means someone must have known... But... We... We have to find out who!" She declared.

Then she stopped for a moment, thinking more on this... Well, she did want to figure out who, or what could have killed Jill, to trigger all of this, but... She wasn't in the library when it happened so... ... There must be security footage somewhere, right?

Zwei

Zwei had sort of been running around the feet of the many who had gathered in the cell, stopped suddenly... Seeing Ruby's thoughtfull state, he seemed to want to help. After getting into a good position, where he could be seen above the crowd of people, he turned towards the nearest functional camera and barked a few times... Looks like he was either trying to get the attention of whoever was watching them, or just hinting at something since well... Dogs can't really talk.

mfnlLhp.png

FHcETUe.gif

AXHBCxB.png

WBJfeMo.webp

"Producer work gets harder as your idols get more popular. Circle of life, as they say," Kido comments. "You're an actor right, Mr Zen? How does your Producer treat you? He or she must be a pretty swell person to produce someone like you. I always hear my colleagues say that some idols take after their Producers, much like chips off the old blocks. That's certainly the case with my sister and I."

4g3342_zpsa3a6bb05.png

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Sen @Takum @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Holding Cells​

JXnBxiO.png

@Holding Cells

@Mason Moretti @Hospes @Sen @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Crow
@Holding Cells
Ruby Rose

Ruby looked a little conflicted, she knew that as harsh as Weiss's words were, she was putting her life at risk, but... Even so, she didn't move from her spot...

Fortunately, Ilona was quick to respond, and what she said made Ruby frown a little... Someone was headed for the library... And then... Jill's body was found when Ilona walked in... Something didn't sound right, not right at all... It could easily have been Jill who had walked into the library, sure, but... It seemed like too much of a coincidence for Ilona to find Jill's body, right as she walked into that room. She had to find out who killed Jill, and why... But somehow, she felt like she might already know the answer.

sct9DdV.gif

"Ilona... It wasn't your fault..." Ruby said, a... Remarkably focused expression crossing her face, for just a moment, before her expression softened again.

"That explosion happened... Because you felt despair when you saw Jill's body... And that means someone must have known... But... We... We have to find out who!" She declared.

Then she stopped for a moment, thinking more on this... Well, she did want to figure out who, or what could have killed Jill, to trigger all of this, but... She wasn't in the library when it happened so... ... There must be security footage somewhere, right?

Zwei

Zwei had sort of been running around the feet of the many who had gathered in the cell, stopped suddenly... Seeing Ruby's thoughtfull state, he seemed to want to help. After getting into a good position, where he could be seen above the crowd of people, he turned towards the nearest functional camera and barked a few times... Looks like he was either trying to get the attention of whoever was watching them, or just hinting at something since well... Dogs can't really talk.
glXTgGe.webp

"That was certainly more impolite than blunt. Whatever rows your boat," Madoka comments on Weiss' comment, before turning to Illona, "subjecting yourself to this level of punishment is not the way. If this is temporary, I have no reason to object to this. This should not be a permanent solution."

"Unless you're a maso- mmmpphh!" Kido, hands behind his back, was about to continue Madoka's statement until he was stopped by her.

@Mason Moretti @Hospes @Sen @york @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Crow
@Holding Cells

Meanwhile, Kido saw Ruby's dog barking up a security camera and realized that work was incomplete. With that, Kido, with hands behind his back, sent another text message to Robin via communicator.

"Boss, before we leave the area, we need to ensure that the security cameras are functional, but we cannot do it alone on this side. Is it possible to redirect me to the person who mans the security camera?"

@Minerva @york

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi

@Holding Cells

@Holding Cells
Ruby Rose

sct9DdV.gif

Zwei

WBJfeMo.webp

"Producer work gets harder as your idols get more popular. Circle of life, as they say," Kido comments. "You're an actor right, Mr Zen? How does your Producer treat you? He or she must be a pretty swell person to produce someone like you. I always hear my colleagues say that some idols take after their Producers, much like chips off the old blocks. That's certainly the case with my sister and I."

glXTgGe.webp

"That was certainly more impolite than blunt. Whatever rows your boat," Madoka comments on Weiss' comment, before turning to Illona, "subjecting yourself to this level of punishment is not the way. If this is temporary, I have no reason to object to this. This should not be a permanent solution."

"Unless you're a maso- mmmpphh!" Kido, hands behind his back, was about to continue Madoka's statement until he was stopped by her.

@Mason Moretti @Hospes @Sen @york @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Crimson Spartan @Crow
@Holding Cells

Meanwhile, Kido saw Ruby's dog barking up a security camera and realized that work was incomplete. With that, Kido, with hands behind his back, sent another text message to Robin via communicator.

"Boss, before we leave the area, we need to ensure that the security cameras are functional, but we cannot do it alone on this side. Is it possible to redirect me to the person who mans the security camera?"

@Minerva @york

4rgko20.png

"I fear all of you are far too kind to me," Ilona mumbled when Scott, Ruby, and Cheza told the princess this situation wasn't her fault. "But, I wonder if any of you would feel the same had I taken the lives of someone close to you?" Ilona paused to sigh.

Regardless, I suppose this is simply something I will have to learn how to live with. I just feel it would be easier to live with if I were punished for it...

I should at least try to amend my sins by using my life to do more good deeds. I-I just-- I used to be the type of child who would cry if she stepped on a flower! Knowing I did this... I fear it will be difficult for me to get over...

WBJfeMo.webp

glXTgGe.webp

@Holding Cells

@Minerva @york

@Holding Cells
Ruby Rose

sct9DdV.gif

Zwei

4rgko20.png

"I fear all of you are far too kind to me," Ilona mumbled when Scott, Ruby, and Cheza told the princess this situation wasn't her fault. "But, I wonder if any of you would feel the same had I taken the lives of someone close to you?" Ilona paused to sigh.

Regardless, I suppose this is simply something I will have to learn how to live with. I just feel it would be easier to live with if I were punished for it...

I should at least try to amend my sins by using my life to do more good deeds. I-I just-- I used to be the type of child who would cry if she stepped on a flower! Knowing I did this... I fear it will be difficult for me to get over...

mfnlLhp.png

Was he being complimented?
"Yaaa~ that feels good." He chuckled, he loved being complimented. Especially when they saw him for his talent, Zen was not just a pretty face for people to look at. Even if he could make a lot of money being a model, he'd prefer to act. "I used to work as a freelance musical performer, it was hard work." The actor's eyes softened as he continued. "I'm under GD Entertainment now, and my PD is a cute lady. She's a close friend of mine."

"I don't know if I take after her, but she's nice to me and patient. Even though I insist she go wait at the hotel, she comes to all my shoots, even when it's burning hot."
Qu894Bp.gif

"So heart-warming. She's a good girl. Aaah, I want to run to her and give her a big hug to show my appreciation."

tNCSQ5k.png

"But work is work."
He turned to look at Ilona. "I don't think it's your fault, either. You're such a selfless girl, taking the blame for all of this... I mean if I saw somebody I treasured.." He shook his head, he didn't want to think about a situation like that.

"Our feelings might be different, but the truth is sitll there. It's not your fault. Time... time heals all wounds." Wasn't that what he had been told? He lost a part of himself a long, long time ago. But, with friends to help you, it was much easier to move from the past.

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells​

"Casualties of war."

That voice was Saber Alters, delivered in a quiet and ultimately, far more threatening intonation then any amount of visible rage. It was frosty and refined, based on experience firsthand when the limbs flew and men cried out, hold- hold! For to give way was to invite death and to press forward was to invite the same. The cursed replica of Britain's greatest king stepped forward, her sword yet visible and in her hand. The majesty exuded filling the air with pressure before she reached a hand to her visor and pulled it off.

d9nuJEG.jpg

"I am Saber Alter, who has not yet spoken my peace and I will have my voice be heard now. If a judgement this is, then let my words and my story act to assist. I am...A specter. Pure malevolence, given form and function as a weapon. An experiment. There is nothing about me that has not been tainted by your enemies, nor dissimilar to the power that lies within you now. And yet, here I walk. I am trusted to walk a path, I fight and use their power against them- They who thought themselves my masters!"

She laughed and it was far more horrible, more beautiful in its twisted form then otherwise might have been.

"But I enjoy it. I embrace my purpose and find beauty in the sounds of battle. You?" She snorted and looked Ilona up and down before saying flatly.

"You've the aura of a rabbit in its hutch. Scared to move, too scared to stay. You remain where you are in the hopes you will not hurt your friends and jump by the hands of those who play on those fears. If you will not conquer them, then you will always be their slave. Drowning in emotion until you embrace the fears of those around you to become what they always said you were."

Her eyes glittered and she added offhand.

"Unless you change that now. Be afraid if you wish...Or be brave. Stand for yourself, or be lifted by the strings of others. I care not. But at the least, take your destiny with your hands and throw its rider off to take its place, to lead it not where fate drags you but to wherever you think is best. Whether that place is here or in death or to control it?"

She shrugged once, the clanking noise of armor echoing in the cell as she replaced her visor.

And the Black King stood once more, impenetrable and terrifying as she stepped back.

"You owe your victims that much weregild, at the least."

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Holding Cells

4rgko20.png

glXTgGe.png

"To be honest," Madoka replies, "the answer to that is very likely to be a 'no'. However, such an event has not occured, and I will ensure that the answer to that question remains forever unknown. Until then... let us ensure that there is no 'until then'. Brother, shall we go?"

WBJfeMo.png

"No, we shouldn't," Kido replies, "we have one more thing to do here, then we can be off. Just waiting for a reply from the boss to initiate it..." He looks at Illona. "You're feeling a little traumatized. I can tell, I work with lots of personalities," he says, "you know, not too long ago, a friend of mine was in a full-blown Murder Game hosted by this Junko person. This friend... she was really afraid of a lot of stuff, everything that isn't me, her dad, or her friends. After all those trials, all those losses at the Murder Game, she still stood strong and she didn't look like she changed one bit, even though she screamed at the top of her lungs at the end of each round, not giving into despair and all that edgy bullshittery. Sure, she still hides under my desk and sounds ever-reluctant as always, but I can tell that she's stronger than she looks, each scenario strengthening her mind. Long story short - you can be strong, even if you're weak. That's oxymoronic, but you'll get it in due time.

To be fair, she had friends by her side, then again, you do too. Take a good look at your surroundings. If these aren't friends, what are they?"
mfnlLhp.png

Was he being complimented?
"Yaaa~ that feels good." He chuckled, he loved being complimented. Especially when they saw him for his talent, Zen was not just a pretty face for people to look at. Even if he could make a lot of money being a model, he'd prefer to act. "I used to work as a freelance musical performer, it was hard work." The actor's eyes softened as he continued. "I'm under GD Entertainment now, and my PD is a cute lady. She's a close friend of mine."

"I don't know if I take after her, but she's nice to me and patient. Even though I insist she go wait at the hotel, she comes to all my shoots, even when it's burning hot."
Qu894Bp.gif

"So heart-warming. She's a good girl. Aaah, I want to run to her and give her a big hug to show my appreciation."

tNCSQ5k.png

"But work is work."
He turned to look at Ilona. "I don't think it's your fault, either. You're such a selfless girl, taking the blame for all of this... I mean if I saw somebody I treasured.." He shook his head, he didn't want to think about a situation like that.

"Our feelings might be different, but the truth is sitll there. It's not your fault. Time... time heals all wounds." Wasn't that what he had been told? He lost a part of himself a long, long time ago. But, with friends to help you, it was much easier to move from the past.

@york @Hospes @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Holding Cells​

WBJfeMo.png

"Well, this guy knows how you feel, sister," Kido comments.

glXTgGe.png

"He does not," Madoka blushes in response.

The Producer siblings look at Zen trying to calm Illona.

"Chip of the old Producy-block? Kind of like you to Tachibana, sister."

"Or you to Shouko, brother. He does match the vague description of his Producer's personality traits, that cannot be denied."

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Crow @Holding Cells

Last edited:

4rgko20.png

"Casualties of war."

That voice was Saber Alters, delivered in a quiet and ultimately, far more threatening intonation then any amount of visible rage. It was frosty and refined, based on experience firsthand when the limbs flew and men cried out, hold- hold! For to give way was to invite death and to press forward was to invite the same. The cursed replica of Britain's greatest king stepped forward, her sword yet visible and in her hand. The majesty exuded filling the air with pressure before she reached a hand to her visor and pulled it off.

d9nuJEG.jpg

"I am Saber Alter, who has not yet spoken my peace and I will have my voice be heard now. If a judgement this is, then let my words and my story act to assist. I am...A specter. Pure malevolence, given form and function as a weapon. An experiment. There is nothing about me that has not been tainted by your enemies, nor dissimilar to the power that lies within you now. And yet, here I walk. I am trusted to walk a path, I fight and use their power against them- They who thought themselves my masters!"

She laughed and it was far more horrible, more beautiful in its twisted form then otherwise might have been.

"But I enjoy it. I embrace my purpose and find beauty in the sounds of battle. You?" She snorted and looked Ilona up and down before saying flatly.

"You've the aura of a rabbit in its hutch. Scared to move, too scared to stay. You remain where you are in the hopes you will not hurt your friends and jump by the hands of those who play on those fears. If you will not conquer them, then you will always be their slave. Drowning in emotion until you embrace the fears of those around you to become what they always said you were."

Her eyes glittered and she added offhand.

"Unless you change that now. Be afraid if you wish...Or be brave. Stand for yourself, or be lifted by the strings of others. I care not. But at the least, take your destiny with your hands and throw its rider off to take its place, to lead it not where fate drags you but to wherever you think is best. Whether that place is here or in death or to control it?"

She shrugged once, the clanking noise of armor echoing in the cell as she replaced her visor.

And the Black King stood once more, impenetrable and terrifying as she stepped back.

"You owe your victims that much weregild, at the least."

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Holding Cells

Saber Alter's words stirred something in Mason. They reminded him of home; he had heard stories of his ancestors fighting against malevolence to control it and use it for good, as well as seen it firsthand. Mason returned his book to his pocket and stood up, joining the chorus of those supporting Ilona.

"Saber Alter is right. Sitting around in fear won't do anything. Ilona, you're not the only one who has had to control their darkness. From someone who has had to face their own 'malevolence,' let me tell you that despair is not the way to do it.

"Despair and fear will feed the darkness inside of you, but you can overcome them. All it takes is a smile through the worst of times and even the tiniest light of hope. I would think that a
Child of the Sun such as yourself would know about sunlight breaking through the twilight. Like the night, this darkness can end. Just hold on until the sunrise."

Mason's eyes were alight with the fire of his passion, hoping to shine through Ilona's darkness. Likewise, his
necklace glowed softly with his aura.

@Holding Cells
@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen

Status
Not open for further replies.