Status
Not open for further replies.
"Less then might have been if it weren't for you." He reminded gently before clearing his throat.

"I'm in need of someone versed in Malevolence and its effects upon the human condition. I can fight it, but my understanding is limited to the mindset of the Hunter, not the Mage."

A little diplomacy went a long way among other things. Sure, he could do the basics but it was like comparing a car mechanic to a ship one. Apples and oranges, the theory was all well and good, but without magic? It was like watching a black and white television.

And in gaining everyone and their insights, he would slowly build up the picture he had built in his mind.

That was the idea anyway. And then because he may as well, he asked.

"Also, how would WAND and the M.E.U. miss patches of Malevolance here, in the base itself? That seems to suggest a great deal of incompetence on behalf of the group responsible- Or a traitor. Or a new ability we can attribute it to. Perhaps even all at once, and I find that a terrifying possibility. Nevertheless, in your professional opinion as a magus, what would you say?"

@Josh M
Wanda stared into space as she faced the man. Shifting her tired eyes to face his, she'd sigh.

"You call it incompetence, someone else might name it human nature."

Lifting her tired body of the bed slightly, Wanda eyes sparked with interest.
"You know, all of these group, M.E.U, Coalition, U.N, and the brotherhood, they all say they trust each other. Yet, you and I, if we're being honest know that's a lie. The left hand will steal if the right hand can't see it. It might have a good reason, but does it matter? It could be a traitor, or it could be the cause of the hubris of man. Our need to avoid drama, in the long run, cause so much. However, I will admit, I have been clued in what the issue is, but you have to understand, I can't share it. Not yet."

@Atomyk @Ringmaster

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jeremi and Verite
Wanda stared into space as she faced the man. Shifting her tired eyes to face his, she'd sigh.

"You call it incompetence, someone else might name it human nature."
"To do what? Make mistakes? Honestly ma'am, I'd prefer for all parties involved to have made a mistake then otherwise. The former indicates a better job next time, to learn from what has happened today....The latter expresses darker and more unusual qualities from an enemy-used force we'd little suspected."

Which he knew changed everything in terms of how the field was played.
Lifting her tired body of the bed slightly, Wanda eyes sparked with interest.
"You know, all of these group, M.E.U, Coalition, U.N, and the brotherhood, they all say they trust each other. Yet, you and I, if we're being honest know that's a lie. The left hand will steal if the right hand can't see it. It might have a good reason, but does it matter? It could be a traitor, or it could be the cause of the hubris of man. Our need to avoid drama, in the long run, cause so much. However, I will admit, I have been clued in what the issue is, but you have to understand, I can't share it. Not yet."
He was silent for a moment, before walking over to the side as he pulled up a chair. Seating himself down, he considered a bit more before he finally spoke, choosing his words with some thought.

"I've been around this line of work for a long, long time ma'am. Both freelance and than later, recruited by the Coalition. Then balancing it with the M.E.U.....And then the Torch and other venues. I've played agent, bodyguard, soldier and so many roles since. And if there's one thing I learned? Its that while often true, an attitude like this is the most cynical response and frankly, unworthy of you ma'am."

Gently, he pushed her back down to rest from her shoulder as he continued.

"Leaders tend to look out for their own best interests, especially with diverse groups like yours and mine. You all don't have the luxury of seeing things on the scale people like I do. Out there, our job is easier in comparison. Stop the bad guy, save the people. Go home. You? You have to pick and choose which crisis are best to send our limited forces and which you condemn, because we can't interfere though we may want to. Otherwise, we become like all those other forces we fought- Imposing our way because we have that power. Maybe we'd do a lot of good too."

His brow furrowed and the Executor paused before saying with conviction.

"But it wouldn't stop there. I don't know where we'll go from here...But if we are to weather it and survive? First thing we have to realize is no more secrets. We've seen what keeping them has wrought, the price for believing we know best. Because that's how it all starts and if we can't keep each other honest for it, we may as well pack up and go home now."

That said...He glanced around and back to Wanda.

"Would you like some water?"

@Josh M

"I mean... Guess you could always give a demonstration... Maybe on pretty boy over there in his cell...?" Erron Black had spoken up suggesting this to Remilia... However something else of interest came up...

Black turned his gaze to see Astaroth being charged by some girl. Well he had to admit..this was going to be interesting. The Outworld....er Gensokyo Cowboy merely intended to watch. "Could use some popcorn right about now.." He commented showing no signs of helping unless he was ordered to.

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Ringmaster @Jeremi @HOLDING CELLS
Remilia didn't seem to hold any particular interest in participating in the random occurrence either, not really understanding why they were even fighting to begin with. But she wasn't going to help either, merely letting it happen until it caught her interest again.

"You should go make some for me too."

She wasn't sure where he'd find or make any, especially in the wake of recent events, but that was why she wasn't going to be go doing it herself.

As far as the Ilona situation went...Remilia seemed completely disinterested thanks to there being far too many people around.

@Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Hospes @Holding Cells

kiri031.png

"--Hmm?"

Kyoko, who previously seemed to be lost in thought over something, would blink when Train would suddenly approach her, snapping the young woman out of her daze. Figuring that the conversation with Robin and Byakuya was done for now, at least since Ritsuko wasn't around to object to Robin's preferred course of action, she would give a nod, pocketing her gloved hands.

"I suppose I can spare some more time. What do you need?" She simply asked. Kyoko could only assume that he might want to talk about Ilona, the subject of many people's thoughts, she was sure, and soon, the subject of many more people's thoughts when the time came.

And she could only hope she'd be ready for whatever fallout awaited her later.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
tumblr_inline_nl0lkbWSRJ1r3leyb.png

"It's nothing I need now. I know the Coalition is a little busy at the moment, but when everything gets back to normal, I just want to know if you guys will be able to help me out. It's about my friend Eve. She's been missing ever since she got pulled into one of those Murder Game things. I want to find her. I know she's out there somewhere," Train replied, narrowing his eyes. "I know this place has more important things to do than to find one girl, but... finding her is what I want to request in return for helping all of you now."

@Verite @Command Center​

mfnlLhp.png

Was he being complimented?
"Yaaa~ that feels good." He chuckled, he loved being complimented. Especially when they saw him for his talent, Zen was not just a pretty face for people to look at. Even if he could make a lot of money being a model, he'd prefer to act. "I used to work as a freelance musical performer, it was hard work." The actor's eyes softened as he continued. "I'm under GD Entertainment now, and my PD is a cute lady. She's a close friend of mine."

"I don't know if I take after her, but she's nice to me and patient. Even though I insist she go wait at the hotel, she comes to all my shoots, even when it's burning hot."
Qu894Bp.gif

"So heart-warming. She's a good girl. Aaah, I want to run to her and give her a big hug to show my appreciation."

tNCSQ5k.png

"But work is work."
He turned to look at Ilona. "I don't think it's your fault, either. You're such a selfless girl, taking the blame for all of this... I mean if I saw somebody I treasured.." He shook his head, he didn't want to think about a situation like that.

"Our feelings might be different, but the truth is sitll there. It's not your fault. Time... time heals all wounds." Wasn't that what he had been told? He lost a part of himself a long, long time ago. But, with friends to help you, it was much easier to move from the past.

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells​

"Casualties of war."

That voice was Saber Alters, delivered in a quiet and ultimately, far more threatening intonation then any amount of visible rage. It was frosty and refined, based on experience firsthand when the limbs flew and men cried out, hold- hold! For to give way was to invite death and to press forward was to invite the same. The cursed replica of Britain's greatest king stepped forward, her sword yet visible and in her hand. The majesty exuded filling the air with pressure before she reached a hand to her visor and pulled it off.

d9nuJEG.jpg

"I am Saber Alter, who has not yet spoken my peace and I will have my voice be heard now. If a judgement this is, then let my words and my story act to assist. I am...A specter. Pure malevolence, given form and function as a weapon. An experiment. There is nothing about me that has not been tainted by your enemies, nor dissimilar to the power that lies within you now. And yet, here I walk. I am trusted to walk a path, I fight and use their power against them- They who thought themselves my masters!"

She laughed and it was far more horrible, more beautiful in its twisted form then otherwise might have been.

"But I enjoy it. I embrace my purpose and find beauty in the sounds of battle. You?" She snorted and looked Ilona up and down before saying flatly.

"You've the aura of a rabbit in its hutch. Scared to move, too scared to stay. You remain where you are in the hopes you will not hurt your friends and jump by the hands of those who play on those fears. If you will not conquer them, then you will always be their slave. Drowning in emotion until you embrace the fears of those around you to become what they always said you were."

Her eyes glittered and she added offhand.

"Unless you change that now. Be afraid if you wish...Or be brave. Stand for yourself, or be lifted by the strings of others. I care not. But at the least, take your destiny with your hands and throw its rider off to take its place, to lead it not where fate drags you but to wherever you think is best. Whether that place is here or in death or to control it?"

She shrugged once, the clanking noise of armor echoing in the cell as she replaced her visor.

And the Black King stood once more, impenetrable and terrifying as she stepped back.

"You owe your victims that much weregild, at the least."

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen @Holding Cells

glXTgGe.png

"To be honest," Madoka replies, "the answer to that is very likely to be a 'no'. However, such an event has not occured, and I will ensure that the answer to that question remains forever unknown. Until then... let us ensure that there is no 'until then'. Brother, shall we go?"

WBJfeMo.png

"No, we shouldn't," Kido replies, "we have one more thing to do here, then we can be off. Just waiting for a reply from the boss to initiate it..." He looks at Illona. "You're feeling a little traumatized. I can tell, I work with lots of personalities," he says, "you know, not too long ago, a friend of mine was in a full-blown Murder Game hosted by this Junko person. This friend... she was really afraid of a lot of stuff, everything that isn't me, her dad, or her friends. After all those trials, all those losses at the Murder Game, she still stood strong and she didn't look like she changed one bit, even though she screamed at the top of her lungs at the end of each round, not giving into despair and all that edgy bullshittery. Sure, she still hides under my desk and sounds ever-reluctant as always, but I can tell that she's stronger than she looks, each scenario strengthening her mind. Long story short - you can be strong, even if you're weak. That's oxymoronic, but you'll get it in due time.

To be fair, she had friends by her side, then again, you do too. Take a good look at your surroundings. If these aren't friends, what are they?"

WBJfeMo.png

"Well, this guy knows how you feel, sister," Kido comments.

glXTgGe.png

"He does not," Madoka blushes in response.

The Producer siblings look at Zen trying to calm Illona.

"Chip of the old Producy-block? Kind of like you to Tachibana, sister."

"Or you to Shouko, brother. He does match the vague description of his Producer's personality traits, that cannot be denied."

@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Sen @Crow @Holding Cells

Saber Alter's words stirred something in Mason. They reminded him of home; he had heard stories of his ancestors fighting against malevolence to control it and use it for good, as well as seen it firsthand. Mason returned his book to his pocket and stood up, joining the chorus of those supporting Ilona.

"Saber Alter is right. Sitting around in fear won't do anything. Ilona, you're not the only one who has had to control their darkness. From someone who has had to face their own 'malevolence,' let me tell you that despair is not the way to do it.

"Despair and fear will feed the darkness inside of you, but you can overcome them. All it takes is a smile through the worst of times and even the tiniest light of hope. I would think that a
Child of the Sun such as yourself would know about sunlight breaking through the twilight. Like the night, this darkness can end. Just hold on until the sunrise."

Mason's eyes were alight with the fire of his passion, hoping to shine through Ilona's darkness. Likewise, his
necklace glowed softly with his aura.

@Holding Cells
@york @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Bomb @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Sen

HnTlUb6.jpg

Wahh everyone is being so nice to me! I-I'm touched by their kindness! What noble comrades they are! Sun, bless their warm hearts!

"I-I don't know what to say, but thank you everyone..."

"You are correct, Lady Saber. I suppose I am acting fearful. I always try to be brave, but sometimes I slip up. It's rather unlady-like and certainly not fitting for a follower of the Sun, but even I can... stray at times..."

Ilona sat up a little and nodded at Kido. "Perhaps I am a bit... traumatized... I've seen much in my life, but I've never killed. This situation feels different to me. But I have great respect for your young friend. If you say she survived a Murder Game, she must be stronger than she thinks."

Ilona sat up even a bit more and leaned her back against the wall of her cell. "Thank you for your kind words, Sir Mason. Thank you all. I will try and lift my spirits. Each and every one of you are wonderful for caring enough to speak with me. I only hope I truly can make amends for my mistake and make this up to all of you."

@york @Hospes @Sen @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells

HnTlUb6.jpg

Wahh everyone is being so nice to me! I-I'm touched by their kindness! What noble comrades they are! Sun, bless their warm hearts!

"You are correct, Lady Saber. I suppose I am acting fearful. I always try to be brave, but sometimes I slip up. It's rather unlady-like and certainly not fitting for a follower of the Sun, but even I can... stray at times..."

Ilona sat up a little and nodded at Kido. "Perhaps I am a bit... traumatized... I've seen much in my life, but I've never killed. This situation feels different to me. But I have great respect for your young friend. If you say she survived a Murder Game, she must be stronger than she thinks."

Ilona sat up even a bit more and leaned her back against the wall of her cell. "Thank you for your kind words, Sir Mason. Thank you all. I will try and lift my spirits. Each and every one of you are wonderful for caring enough to speak with me. I only hope I truly can make amends for my mistake and make this up to all of you."

@york @Hospes @Sen @Bomb @Ringmaster @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Mason Moretti @Crimson Spartan @Crow @Holding Cells

"The only thing you'd need to do to make things up to me is give me a smile.

" 'Hatred, sadness, emptiness... Any negative emotion will feed the dark. But control over that and being able to stay positive is what make it easy, it's what makes us a Moretti. Smile through the pain; be a light in the darkness.' That's what my grandmother would always tell me. So, Ilona, let's see your beautiful smile again."

@Holding Cells

@Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ringmaster @Sen @york

Fg6OFQt.jpg

"Nemo, get back.." Astaroth ordered as he could tell something was definitely off with this girl. The quiet demeanor, the way she moved and silently stared at him all checked off boxes with Astaroth. Most humans he met and had problems with were loud and obnoxious tough guys who thought they could take on the world and give it a proper ass-kicking. Others were more relaxed and took more of a melancholy approach to fighting him.

This woman was relaxed but for all the wrong reasons. As she drew her sword and came charging in, Astaroth's claw went forward to meet it. The sword clashed against the claw and Astaroth bared his fangs at the woman. "I don't know what the hell your problem is, Lady. But I've been to Hell twice. Not keen on going back a third time." Seeking to push the blade back to try and knock Elesis off balance, Astaroth lunged forward to smash her in the stomach and send her flying back.

Nemo was horrified at how things has so quickly turned south! All Astaroth had done was stand there and suddenly this woman wanted to kill him! Drawing his toy sword, Nemo let a layer of energy envelop the blade as he stepped forward. "Stop this! We're all supposed to be together aren't we?!"

Well, that wasn't really true. But it sounded a hell of a lot more preferable than trying to chop eachother up!!

@Kaykay @Crimson Spartan @Gummi Bunnies
"I mean... Guess you could always give a demonstration... Maybe on pretty boy over there in his cell...?" Erron Black had spoken up suggesting this to Remilia... However something else of interest came up...

Black turned his gaze to see Astaroth being charged by some girl. Well he had to admit..this was going to be interesting. The Outworld....er Gensokyo Cowboy merely intended to watch. "Could use some popcorn right about now.." He commented showing no signs of helping unless he was ordered to.

@Kaykay @Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Ringmaster @Jeremi @HOLDING CELLS
Remilia didn't seem to hold any particular interest in participating in the random occurrence either, not really understanding why they were even fighting to begin with. But she wasn't going to help either, merely letting it happen until it caught her interest again.

"You should go make some for me too."

She wasn't sure where he'd find or make any, especially in the wake of recent events, but that was why she wasn't going to be go doing it herself.

As far as the Ilona situation went...Remilia seemed completely disinterested thanks to there being far too many people around.

@Chewy Rabbits @Gummi Bunnies @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Hospes @Holding Cells
tumblr_ocoil8h0E91v3qowuo10_100.png

"!"

Elesis yelped as she was thrown over to the nearest wall. While it may not seem like it wasn't that hard of a blow, the fallen knight coughed up small hints of blood as she made a rough landing with a thud. Despite this, Elesis slowly brought herself up to her feet, ready to go for another attack. Not that she would stop here, she pulled out her sword once more and charged towards Astaroth, a dark shadow outlining her physical form.

tumblr_ocnjru2RhU1v3qowuo3_100.png

"Kill..."

Yes! That's the right mindset! Kill the demon, Sunshine! Spill the blood of the impure! AHAHAHAHAHAA!!

Moments before Elesis could get in with that attack, the Crimson Avenger was immediately encased in a plasma-like force field, preventing her from proceeding with her attack onto Astaroth.

tumblr_o95gb6o16M1v3qowuo2_100.png

"So this is where Elesis ran off to? Sorry about... her behavior... she's usually not like this."

Add strolled into the holding cells, having projected this particle prism to keep Elesis in place, going as far as sending a certain amount of electrocution to knock her out so she could silently calm down. With that done, Add blinked as he looked over to see that Ilona was here too. He didn't have much to share to her in words, but it was interesting to see her here out of nowhere.

@Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Hospes @Holding Cells​

HnTlUb6.jpg

"The only thing you'd need to do to make things up to me is give me a smile.

" 'Hatred, sadness, emptiness... Any negative emotion will feed the dark. But control over that and being able to stay positive is what make it easy, it's what makes us a Moretti. Smile through the pain; be a light in the darkness.' That's what my grandmother would always tell me. So, Ilona, let's see your beautiful smile again."

@Holding Cells

@Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Crow @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Ringmaster @Sen @york
tumblr_ocoil8h0E91v3qowuo10_100.png

"!"

Elesis yelped as she was thrown over to the nearest wall. While it may not seem like it wasn't that hard of a blow, the fallen knight coughed up small hints of blood as she made a rough landing with a thud. Despite this, Elesis slowly brought herself up to her feet, ready to go for another attack. Not that she would stop here, she pulled out her sword once more and charged towards Astaroth, a dark shadow outlining her physical form.

tumblr_ocnjru2RhU1v3qowuo3_100.png

"Kill..."

Yes! That's the right mindset! Kill the demon, Sunshine! Spill the blood of the impure! AHAHAHAHAHAA!!

Moments before Elesis could get in with that attack, the Crimson Avenger was immediately encased in a plasma-like force field, preventing her from proceeding with her attack onto Astaroth.

tumblr_o95gb6o16M1v3qowuo2_100.png

"So this is where Elesis ran off to? Sorry about... her behavior... she's usually not like this."

Add strolled into the holding cells, having projected this particle prism to keep Elesis in place, going as far as sending a certain amount of electrocution to knock her out so she could silently calm down. With that done, Add blinked as he looked over to see that Ilona was here too. He didn't have much to share to her in words, but it was interesting to see her here out of nowhere.

@Chewy Rabbits @Kaykay @Verite @Crow @Jeremi @Mason Moretti @Bomb @Crimson Spartan @Ringmaster @Sen @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @york @Hospes @Holding Cells​
Before Zidane can think of something else to say, it seems that Ilona stopped crying for now. Zidane then noticed Elesis and Add.

"Umm... what are you doing to her?" Zidane asked Add, seeing that he was imprisoning Elesis.

Before Zidane can think of something else to say, it seems that Ilona stopped crying for now. Zidane then noticed Elesis and Add.

"Umm... what are you doing to her?" Zidane asked Add, seeing that he was imprisoning Elesis.

tumblr_o8309q86Lk1v3qowuo10_100.png

"Well, didn't you see her just a few moments ago? She was going to hurt someone! So it's only the better option that I contain her and make sure she doesn't go ballistic on anyone else. It's quite the bother, now that I think about it... that Elesis has this other side of her where violence is the only option with her."

With an annoyed sigh, Add kept the particle prism around the unconscious Elesis. Surely she'll be out like a light for a good long while.

tumblr_o9z5y5oGfe1v3qowuo4_100.png

"So... er, what's up with Ilona? It's odd to see someone insist on being stuck here or the likes."

Drifting the topic away from Elesis and onto Ilona, the esper has the curiosities to ask Zidane on what was going on here. It was only fair since Add did just arrive here not too long ago.

@Bomb @Holding Cells​

"To do what? Make mistakes? Honestly ma'am, I'd prefer for all parties involved to have made a mistake then otherwise. The former indicates a better job next time, to learn from what has happened today....The latter expresses darker and more unusual qualities from an enemy-used force we'd little suspected."

Which he knew changed everything in terms of how the field was played.

He was silent for a moment, before walking over to the side as he pulled up a chair. Seating himself down, he considered a bit more before he finally spoke, choosing his words with some thought.

"I've been around this line of work for a long, long time ma'am. Both freelance and than later, recruited by the Coalition. Then balancing it with the M.E.U.....And then the Torch and other venues. I've played agent, bodyguard, soldier and so many roles since. And if there's one thing I learned? Its that while often true, an attitude like this is the most cynical response and frankly, unworthy of you ma'am."

Gently, he pushed her back down to rest from her shoulder as he continued.

"Leaders tend to look out for their own best interests, especially with diverse groups like yours and mine. You all don't have the luxury of seeing things on the scale people like I do. Out there, our job is easier in comparison. Stop the bad guy, save the people. Go home. You? You have to pick and choose which crisis are best to send our limited forces and which you condemn, because we can't interfere though we may want to. Otherwise, we become like all those other forces we fought- Imposing our way because we have that power. Maybe we'd do a lot of good too."

His brow furrowed and the Executor paused before saying with conviction.

"But it wouldn't stop there. I don't know where we'll go from here...But if we are to weather it and survive? First thing we have to realize is no more secrets. We've seen what keeping them has wrought, the price for believing we know best. Because that's how it all starts and if we can't keep each other honest for it, we may as well pack up and go home now."

That said...He glanced around and back to Wanda.

"Would you like some water?"

@Josh M

"Yes, please."

Wanda turned her head slightly. The man didn't see her point, it seem. Turning back and reaching for the water, Wanda down as she talked.

fb8c5b97828eae2ff01239d2e88c4b65.jpg

"You act like it's not too late. Normally, I'd be right there with you. However, whether we like to admit it or not, Pandora's box is opened. We can't go back and try to start again. I'm not being a pessimist, I am just calling a spade a spade. See the difference? The sliding? It has started. We can't prevent something that's in motion. Now we just need clean up the mess.."

tumblr_o8309q86Lk1v3qowuo10_100.png

"Well, didn't you see her just a few moments ago? She was going to hurt someone! So it's only the better option that I contain her and make sure she doesn't go ballistic on anyone else. It's quite the bother, now that I think about it... that Elesis has this other side of her where violence is the only option with her."

With an annoyed sigh, Add kept the particle prism around the unconscious Elesis. Surely she'll be out like a light for a good long while.

tumblr_o9z5y5oGfe1v3qowuo4_100.png

"So... er, what's up with Ilona? It's odd to see someone insist on being stuck here or the likes."

Drifting the topic away from Elesis and onto Ilona, the esper has the curiosities to ask Zidane on what was going on here. It was only fair since Add did just arrive here not too long ago.

@Bomb @Holding Cells​
"Erm... Ilona wanted to hide away here because she caused the explosion. Looks like Ilona is OK now. What's the red hair's problem?" Zidane said, getting steered off by Add.

So... Ilona caused it... Bibi thought, overhearing the conversation with Zidane and Add.

@Gummi Bunnies @holding cells​

Artyom went back to help cleaning up after being asked the question about IIona. He was confuse, was she the cause of the explosion, why would she do this i this was the case? Wasn't the Coalition the good guys, they helped The Rangers with The Dark Ones, they must be good...right?

He was lost in thoght when he felt something odd on his arm, that feeling was moving up his arm now. towards his shoulder. He glanced down and felt his blood run a cold, a rat, a big one, was crawling up his arm towards his face.

Artyom bit back a scream, a wave of unpleasant memories hitting him like a speeding train in Metro. The rats...the rats that swarmed and overran his home station when he was a child, devouring anything in their path. They were back, they were gonna get him.

"R-r-r-rats!!!!" Artyom screamed in terror, flailing his arm like crazy, trying to get the furry vermin of himself.The rat broke free from Artyom and landed on it's back, before flipping over and scurrying in the rubble. Artyom took off in another direction, not caring if he ran into anyone, he had to get out of there.

He somehow made his back to the Command Center.

He slowed his pace to a light jog when he got there. He fell to his knees and doubled over. His insides were on fire, he tried his best to not but, he started dry heaving onto the floor.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
@Verite
@Command Center

"You act like it's not too late. Normally, I'd be right there with you. However, whether we like to admit it or not, Pandora's box is opened. We can't go back and try to start again. I'm not being a pessimist, I am just calling a spade a spade. See the difference? The sliding? It has started. We can't prevent something that's in motion. Now we just need clean up the mess.."
He tapped his fingers after giving Wanda her water, considering for a moment before he spoke.

"Before I am an Executor, an M.E.U. agent....Before I am a soldier, a warrior? I am a priest. Its in our nature to predominantly choose sin; we're bred for it, its easier then the reverse. I suppose you can look at my nature in the same manner. In every sense of the word, I am a monster- I choose to be human."

He smiled down at her as he continued.

"Repentance and penitence are gifts God gives us to move forward, to ensure we do not say 'its too late.' Its never too late to repent of misdeed. To choose to do better. Otherwise, what hope would there be for any of us? What good would there be in the concept of free will and choice?"

@Josh M

Despite Saber Alters origins, Zatanna trusted her well enough to keep Illona safe from herself as well as from others. "Well we have two eyes on her at least so that should be enough."​

"Make that four eyes." Zatanna replied as Shepard walked away. "So what are we gonna do next? Find this Hisoka guy?"

@Mason Moretti @Raven @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Ringmaster @Minerva @Verite @Command Center

"I see...thank you for the information it was really helpful." Lois replied as she headed back towards the Command Center. Her repoter senses were tingling. There was a big story here ready to be uncovered.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Jeremi @Gummi Bunnies @Mason Moretti @Server Room

Bekka50_zpsgsmkyimi.png

"Can't say that I have." In truth Bekka had mostly just associated herself with Red Tornado during her stay here and could barely point out anyone else. "If she is the culprit, why hasn't anyone done anything about?"

@The Tactician @Nater Taters @Jeremi @Meeting Room
"Aren't we supposed to be cleaning this mess?"

103.png

"They're not going to give us any damn answers if we don't hurry the hell up. Doubt they want to include people who aren't pulling their own weight around here."

With that, Shizuo returned to cleaning library, carrying half of a bookcase to the side of the room on his own. In fact, it seemed he had been doing a great deal on his own in terms of moving the larger pieces of debris. Covered in a fine layer of dust from the wreckage, the bartender had taken off his vest and bowtie and rolled up his sleeve for the job, having worked in silence for the past few minutes.

(This looks like the last post to mention me so I'm quoting it.)

@Nater Taters @Jeremi @Atomyk

Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Welcome to Silent Earth"

After an additional hour of settling, being patched up, and helping rebuild what was destroyed in the minor cataclysm, the intercom would turn on and be heard all around the base again, Makoto's voice ringing out this time instead of Kyoko's.

"Ah... E-Everyone who is not already here, please report to the Command Center immediately for an emergency meeting. We have... something pressing to discuss."

With that, he would cut out, and await you all to do as requested.

kiri006.png

"...?"

Kyoko only silently raised an eyebrow at Makoto when he'd make the sudden announcement, the young woman seemingly caught off-guard a little. She hadn't been aware of any pressing matter they'd all needed to discuss, that is, any that had been personally discussed with her. There certainly were things that needed to be discussed, but... Kyoko was annoyed.

And she didn't feel annoyed that often.

Regardless of whether Makoto meant to do it or not, Kyoko had been getting the feeling that he was avoiding her ever since their little debate just before the explosion, like he wanted to avoid talking to her. The situation was familiar, that is, the situation of Makoto not wanting to talk to her about something, and she was fixing to be just as irritated as back then too.

She hated it when he kept secrets from her without a good reason.

When everyone would all report to the Command Center, which acted as the temporary makeshift Meeting Room since that was currently out of commission for obvious reasons, Makoto would be seen in the front standing next to Ritsuko, the second-in-command of the United Nations. Ritsuko, keeping a cool, collected expression like she usually did, pocketed her hands in her white coat, beginning to speak when everyone had gathered.

76596d00d9204c87a255d04b1a4de608.png

"We've gathered you all here today in order to make an announcement. In light of the unexpected explosion that rocked this entire place, I've discussed matters with Commander Makoto Naegi over what the best move should be, and we've managed to reach a conclusion together," she took a breath, eyeing Ilona for a brief moment, before continuing.

"I can imagine some of you might find problem with what we've decided, but I assure you that this is for the best. Commander Naegi, would you like to do the honors, or shall I?"

kiri030.png

Kyoko gave a visibly perplexed look, simply wondering to herself what idea the woman had planted into Makoto's head. Part of her didn't want to know, after the folder she had looked at upon hijacking Makoto's computer that one night a few weeks ago giving her an idea, but there was no helping it.

And so, one way or another, she would find out.

Makoto had been silent ever since the announcement, standing tall, yet with his eye looking off toward something nobody else but him could see. The expression on his face was one of determination, though any who knew him well enough would see that it hid a deep sadness within him. Makoto had yet to abandon hope, but he knew something had to change.

Ruby and the others were right. It was time to move forward.

"The source of the blast has been confirmed," Makoto said after Ritsuko spoke. It seemed he was going forward with making the announcement himself. "As many of you know, it was Ilona, a member of the Coalition who we have had under watch for some time now. She was here as a friend. A mutual agreement to study her unique abilities. Yet..."

inpqLPl.png

Makoto's head turned to take in all the people around him. All of them listening to him. His hands balled into fists at his sides, yet he stood tall. "... Ilona's abilities are born of malevolence. Her mother and father were tainted by despair, and so this has passed on to their daughter. I know she is a good person. I believe in her. However... I also have to agree with Ritsuko and the bulk of the United Nations when they say that such a power can't be left unchecked. That is why... I..."

Makoto closed his eyes. He needed Ritsuko to say the rest.

Ritsuko, far more stone-faced than the boy, would seem to give a lightly exasperated sigh, as though disappointed that Makoto wasn't able to go through with saying that they had intended to do by himself.

"Essentially, the plan is to detain Ilona. If we're to come to understand how the nature of the Malevolence inside her works, considering we've never seen a case like her before, and prevent any more lives from being affected by it, we have to do what is natural to do when we don't know something. We study. We'll do studies, conduct tests, and try to find a way to suppress the Malevolence inside, if not remove it from her being," The woman explained at length without missing a beat.

"It's fortunate that we had a number of powered people like Wanda Maximoff around to shield others from the blast, lest the entire base be easily extinguished of life, but even with these powers that we have, three lives were lost, one sent into a coma, and many others otherwise injured. Just imagine how dangerously powerful this energy could become if we don't quarantine her. The way I see it, we're lucky. Imagine the horrors that would be unleashed if she were put into a public environment without any sort of watch."

"That's why we have to put her under quarantine. With or without the approval of the Secretary-General."

ee1dd9f93946426b84a1aedbc31328ee.png

"Quarantine? You're making it sound like she's a walking disease," Akiko only remarked seriously, a light scowl tugging at the edges of her lips.

"But... Surely, there has to be an alternative."

"Akiko, please," Doppo said, raising an arm to calm her down, taking it upon himself to speak now.

tumblr_o6gnvnGEjh1vt7i5ao5_250.png

With a serious, wary expression, he would pose a question to Ritsuko. "If this plan were to proceed without a hitch, how long would you expect this... "detaining" to last?"

Ritsuko sighed lightly, simply shrugging her shoulders. "... I can't say. It isn't like there's a textbook about malevolence, nor would we be able to write one with all the current knowledge we have on it. For all we know, it could take years, maybe even decades, before we can fully cure her of her... condition."

Cosmo then spoke up, wanting to say his piece.

IWtODq3.jpg

"ThIs is what Cosmo feared most. Cosmo has been doink much thinkink. Ilona is good girl, however the power overwhelms her. Not her fault. Ilona needs people lookink out for her, protectink her from her powers. She needs guidance to control them. As much as it hurts Cosmo to suggest this, it's not safe for her out there, and it is not safe for us if she is out there. Nobody wins. We need to guard her, and help her grow. Only until we're sure we can let go."

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

In contrast to Doppo, who seemed wary, and Akiko who was testy with the prospect at best, Kyoko would be more openly in disagreement over the so-called plan, glaring not at Ritsuko, but at Makoto.

"You... would agree to something like this, Makoto?" She asked, a slight tinge of the feeling of betrayal able to be heard in her voice, as though that was what she felt at the moment. "After everything you fought for, all the conviction in your ideals that you'd demonstrated for as long as we knew each other, your big plan is just to lock up a person, real and breathing, I feel I need to emphasize, and keep her isolated from civilization because of her power?"

Ahem.

tumblr_nqw1rpn7FK1ua3tajo5_1280.png

Raising a hand to step in, Ocelot would interrupt Kyoko to speak.

"I think that Ms. Akagi makes valid points. We don't, and likely are unable to, know about the true, deeper nature of Ilona's capabilities, and I'd rather not find out, lest it has to be paid for with more lives needlessly," the young soldier stated, before continuing, "And... With all due respect, Co-Commander Kirigiri, you've been out of action for a long time. I don't... think you're entirely aware of the situation, and why this is a necessary step not only for the sake of the multiverse's protection, but also preserving the relationship between the Coalition and the United Nations."

Essentially, it was as though he had told Kyoko that she didn't know what she was talking about, using the basis that she'd been out of commission for so long. But conversely, Kyoko personally thought that that made her even better equipped than if she had stayed in constant action.

kiri014.png

"..."

Still, she ignored the man's words for the time being. If he wanted to make arguments in an attempt to undermine her opinion's credibility, then that was that, but she would have her voice be heard one way or another.

"Makoto... What happened to you?"

Makoto looked flustered at Kyoko's sharp words that bordered on accusations of betrayal. His face grew red hot and he stammered out a few unintelligible syllables, only to then be drowned out by Byakuya.

hWMU2tw.png

"Let's not forget the fact that there are those out there who may try to use Ilona for their own benefit. The issue is not exactly that the girl has destructive power, for many standing here have the potential for such destruction in them as well. No amount of platitudes will change the fact that this girl has been used indirectly to kill others. That her power comes from the very force our enemies use is even more pressing."

kiri038.png

"But... That's exactly it! Many people, even right in this room, have potentially highly destructive power within them, and while their stability levels fluctuate depending on the person, it wasn't Ilona's fault. She was manipulated into discharging that power, just as anyone else could have been. Or... Did you neglect to recall her testimony that Jill Valentine was found dead before the explosion?" She remarked sharply, seemingly only growing more and more heated, unlike her usual composed self.

"Hey..." Sorey raised a hand, looking more intrigued by all this than anything.

49NgNeI.png

"I don't know if many people here are aware, but I have some ability to sense malevolence. It's not so effective here, but... I've never been able to sense any kind of malevolence from Ilona. The fact that she can generate it despite that is honestly... kind of frightening."

nyFmcLl.png

"But that doesn't mean Sorey and I agree with keeping her locked up," Mikleo said, crossing his arms. He glanced toward his friend for a moment, who nodded back to him in turn. "What Ilona probably needs is our support more than anything."

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

Captain-Commander Kieran had been silently fuming since this meeting began. His mind had been on other things since the blast, but to hear that he had been left out of such an important matter angered him to no end. This was entirely wrong, for more than just Ilona's sake. "I'm done with the Coalition blindly following the UN's orders! We are supposed to be independent... given the choice to make our own decisions without outside influence! The UN has demanded enough of us, and I will not let them strong-arm us into another decision. You have three leaders of the Coalition here... and two are saying no."

Makoto's nervousness only grew at such a vocal outburst. He had been trying to keep the peace for so long that at this point, it was almost the only thing that mattered. Kyoko didn't understand the dynamics, while Kieran... well, Makoto knew Kieran just felt guilty.

"No," Makoto uttered, his voice surprisingly firm. "A horrible, awful tragedy has befallen us. I can not ignore it... I will not ignore it. It is at Ilona's own request that she be sheltered from others, isn't it? Why deny her that choice? We are here to listen to others and make compromises if needed. This is to make everyone happy!"

kiri010.png

"This is hardly a compromise that everyone can be happy with. You're taking away years, possibly decades as Ms. Akagi herself has stated, from this person's life, just because she has potential to be dangerous, just like most other people around here," she said, practically scolding Makoto for even considering doing something like this, "The UN may not have had any hold on the Coalition when I was around, and if this is how things would turn out, maybe I really should have stayed."

Unfazed by Kyoko's words, the lavender haired detective giving the older woman a brief scowl, Ritsuko even stifled a dryly amused chuckle, before speaking in response.

"You're ignoring what your friend, who seems to understand the situation better than you, said before. Ilona herself requested to be detained. Who are we to deny someone like that a request that aligns with our own interests?" She inquired, gesturing towards everyone in the room with her arms, as though challenging anyone to speak up against her and the others who agreed with her.

xHGEyvj.jpg

"Did she really ask for it? I'd rather hear it from her own mouth, if you don't mind me not taking your word for it," Akiko said somewhat cantankerously, unfitting of how she usually was, before realizing something, "Where is Ilona anyway? I was under the impression she'd be here for this meeting that's all about her."

"She's been taken into our custody and is currently being transported to the UN Base of Operations as we speak," Ritsuko answered, crossing her arms, "You can protest all you want, people, but I have the authority, the power, here," she continued, glancing at Robin in the process, "Apologies if it seems like I'm overstepping my authority, Secretary-General, but I'd say this is a just cause for emergency powers."

9OF792U.png

"H-Hold on a minute! You can't just do that under our noses!" Shiki exclaimed in objection, to which Ocelot would interject.

"Our? You aren't even a member of the Coalition officially. Don't talk like you have that great a grasp on the situation. You're even worse off than Co-Commander Kirigiri, I'd wager," the soldier said.

EPtUVPc.png

"Oh, nice, I guess some people's opinions just matter less when they disagree with you, huh?" Gwen Stacy remarked snappily, her form stuck to the wall as she looked judgingly at Ocelot for the moment.

"Guys! Really?" Uhura intervened, attempting to get the conversation back on track, "Making accusations and insulting others isn't going to get us anywhere. Let's not get heated up so quickly."

"Indeed," Ritsuko nodded, before producing what appeared to be a communicator device from her pocket, "But if you all really want to hear it, then be my guest," she spoke, pressing a button on it and speaking to it, "Deputy Secretary-General speaking. Can I get a status on Ilona? Everyone wants to hear a word from her before she leaves."

Silence ensued, before she would uncomfortably clear her throat.

"Come in. Did you hear me?"

"... gone..." A faint voice would respond weakly, prompting Ritsuko's eyes to widen in shock.

"W-What?!"

"She's... gone... We... attacked by... h-him..." The voice on the other end responded, before the connection would abruptly cut off... as though someone else had ended it deliberately.

"What the hell...! Dammit, what's going on out there?! Come in. I said report!" Ritsuko exclaimed angrily into the device, but alas, it would avail to nothing.

"... Ahem."

2520136bc48040228ad29afcfdf74ba7.png

"What's going on here? Where's Ilona?"

A collective gasp went out amid the Coaltiion recruits as the reality of the situation came over them. Makoto was among them, his eyes going wide in fear to learn yet another despairing situation had come upon them. "Ilona...? Who do they mean by... him...?"

"Damn it!" Kieran roared. He started making his way toward the exit of the room. "Captain-Commander Kieran is getting to the bottom of this!"

However, as Kieran was about to leave, Alvin came rushing into the room. "We have a situation here...!" he began, but trailed off when he saw the looks on everyone's faces.

m9LoLNH.png

He choked back an angry grumble, eyes searching for Makoto. "Alter Ego got an emergency transmission from our double agent inside Umbrella. It's reported that, only minutes ago, that Ilona was transferred to their facility on Silent Earth. Seems they've made a breakthrough... they plan to use her power."

4da4c31f2746465eaa012b21c82d18d0.png

"S-Silent Earth?! But... Isn't that the site of the tragic Silent Hill Incident from way back then?!" Doppo exclaimed in shock, and it seemed like he wasn't the only one to have a strong reaction to the revelation.

If the room was at a fever pitch before, this new information rocked the group to their core, for all at the very least understood that this was a dire development. "There's no telling what they could do!" Kieran yelled, turning back to look upon Makoto and Kyoko. "There's no time to think... we have to stage a rescue mission!"

Makoto stared back at his friend, words failing him. So many voices bounced off him, mixing together into an unintelligible din of noise. All Makoto could so was bury his hands in his hair, closing his eyes as his mind desperately searched for answers.

... But it seemed there was no need to find an answer, for one would be provided anyway. Makoto heard a shrill noise cut through the Command Center, causing his eyes to open. A dark mist seemed to seep into the room, covering everyone in an inky darkness.

Everything was dark, and soon, nothing could be heard.

When next the group awoke, they would find themselves unbelievably cold. It was a chill that seemed to seep into their skin and cool their bones.

The sky above was a disquieting dull grey with storm clouds forming above. The ground was the concrete of an empty street. Buildings surrounded the group with trees, foliage, and power lines providing the setting of a typical town.

ZP6DGt5.jpg

Last but not least, a fog settled over the group. The mist itself felt heavy in a way, as if it was weighing on everyone's shoulders. The air itself would clog the senses, making one feel almost out of breath. Amidst the fog, powers would not be as effective as usual.

Not everyone within the Coalition's headquarters had been transferred over, but a good many had. Makoto looked around, finding no sign of Commander Shepard or Paladin Danse who had both been present within the Command Center. Either that was a good thing, or a very bad thing.

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

Despite the effects of the fog, Shiki did his best to remain calm in the face of adversity. Hard to believe that it had only been roughly a year for him since the last time he had ended up within Silent Earth. The Arch Demon's Downfall showed him a lot about who he was, and what he was afraid of, but it also showed him what he was willing to fight for. Of course, it wasn't until later that he'd discover what he was willing to live for, but here and now, the tense atmosphere of death and despair, it was familiar.

It was so familiar that Shiki remembered vividly how it was just like his life, only a short two years ago. And he remembered why it was imperative that he had to leave this kind of place behind if he knew what was good for him.

"This place... It's... It really is..."

"We're in Silent Hill... or maybe, more accurately, Silent Earth." Makoto paused, seemingly stuck on what to say. The sound of Kyoko clearing her throat brought him out of his reverie. "... Something has gone horribly wrong. We've been compromised. Everyone! I need you to know this! ... Silent Earth works in strange ways. It plays tricks on the mind... conjures illusions... It wants to trap you and bring you into despair. What matters most is the strength of your will, not how powerful you are. Do you understand? Whatever we say, please listen... and please stay strong."

kiri007.png

"If nothing else, you should all also stay strong to make up for our tentative loss of numbers," Kyoko would promptly add on to Makoto's words, pointing out the disappearance of those who had previously been present back in HQ. Sure enough, anyone who would look around would notice that as far as authority figures and representatives went, the only people around were Makoto, Kyoko, and Kieran, the big three of the Coalition.

"It's likely that they were separated from us, whether by chance or deliberately by whoever brought us here, though regardless, we need to regroup and then think up a plan concerning rescuing Ilona and getting out of here," she continued, maintaining her cool within her expression and voice, even despite the fog that haunted everyone around...

... though the more observant ones around would notice her legs shaking quite a bit.

Even the strong, sometimes, were not invincible.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Wren as Bradley Martin Holland (OC)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@Archwar as Doomguy (Doom)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@dark as Jak (Jak and Daxter)
@Krieg as Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Chewy Rabbits as Nemo and Astaroth (Murder Series)
@Raven as Piper Wright (Fallout)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@C.T. as Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada (Overwatch)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@pubbbb as Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama (Mob Psycho 100)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Takumi as Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
@Yang Lee as Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​

Last edited:
Chapter Two

After an additional hour of settling, being patched up, and helping rebuild what was destroyed in the minor cataclysm, the intercom would turn on and be heard all around the base again, Makoto's voice ringing out this time instead of Kyoko's.

"Ah... E-Everyone who is not already here, please report to the Command Center immediately for an emergency meeting. We have... something pressing to discuss."

kiri006.png

"...?"

Kyoko only silently raised an eyebrow at Makoto when he'd make the sudden announcement, the young woman seemingly caught off-guard a little. She hadn't been aware of any pressing matter they'd all needed to discuss, that is, any that had been personally discussed with her. There certainly were things that needed to be discussed, but... Kyoko was annoyed.

Regardless of whether Makoto meant to do it or not, Kyoko had been getting the feeling that he was avoiding her ever since their little debate just before the explosion, like he wanted to avoid talking to her. The situation was familiar, that is, the situation of Makoto not wanting to talk to her about something, and she was fixing to be just as irritated as back then too.

When everyone would all report to the Command Center, which acted as the temporary makeshift Meeting Room since that was currently out of commission for obvious reasons, Makoto would be seen in the front standing next to Ritsuko, the second-in-command of the United Nations. Ritsuko, keeping a cool, collected expression like she usually did, pocketed her hands in her white coat, beginning to speak when everyone had gathered.

"We've gathered you all here today in order to make an announcement. In light of the unexpected explosion that rocked this entire place, I've discussed matters with Commander Makoto Naegi over what the best move should be, and we've managed to reach a conclusion together," she took a breath, eyeing Ilona for a brief moment, before continuing.

"I can imagine some of you might find problem with what we've decided, but I assure you that this is for the best. Commander Naegi, would you like to do the honors, or shall I?"

kiri030.png

Kyoko gave a visibly perplexed look, simply wondering to herself what idea the woman had planted into Makoto's head. Part of her didn't want to know, after the folder she had looked at upon hijacking Makoto's computer that one night a few weeks ago giving her an idea, but there was no helping it.

Makoto had been silent ever since the announcement, standing tall, yet with his eye looking off toward something nobody else but him could see. The expression on his face was one of determination, though any who knew him well enough would see that it hid a deep sadness within him. Makoto had yet to abandon hope, but he knew something had to change.

"The source of the blast has been confirmed," Makoto said after Ritsuko spoke. It seemed he was going forward with making the announcement himself. "As many of you know, it was Ilona, a member of the Coalition who we have had under watch for some time now. She was here as a friend. A mutual agreement to study her unique abilities. Yet..."

inpqLPl.png

Makoto's head turned to take in all the people around him. All of them listening to him. His hands balled into fists at his sides, yet he stood tall. "... Ilona's abilities are born of malevolence. Her mother and father were tainted by despair, and so this has passed on to their daughter. I know she is a good person. I believe in her. However... I also have to agree with Ritsuko and the bulk of the United Nations when they say that such a power can't be left unchecked. That is why... I..."

Ritsuko, far more stone-faced than the boy, would seem to give a lightly exasperated sigh, as though disappointed that Makoto wasn't able to go through with saying that they had intended to do by himself.

"Essentially, the plan is to detain Ilona. If we're to come to understand how the nature of the Malevolence inside her works, considering we've never seen a case like her before, and prevent any more lives from being affected by it, we have to do what is natural to do when we don't know something. We study. We'll do studies, conduct tests, and try to find a way to suppress the Malevolence inside, if not remove it from her being," The woman explained at length without missing a beat.

"It's fortunate that we had a number of powered people like Wanda Maximoff around to shield others from the blast, lest the entire base be easily extinguished of life, but even with these powers that we have, three lives were lost, one sent into a coma, and many others otherwise injured. Just imagine how dangerously powerful this energy could become if we don't quarantine her. The way I see it, we're lucky. Imagine the horrors that would be unleashed if she were put into a public environment without any sort of watch."

"That's why we have to put her under quarantine. With or without the approval of the Secretary-General."

"Quarantine? You're making it sound like she's a walking disease," Akiko only remarked seriously, a light scowl tugging at the edges of her lips.

"Akiko, please," Doppo said, raising an arm to calm her down, taking it upon himself to speak now.

With a serious, wary expression, he would pose a question to Ritsuko. "If this plan were to proceed without a hitch, how long would you expect this... "detaining" to last?"

Ritsuko sighed lightly, simply shrugging her shoulders. "... I can't say. It isn't like there's a textbook about malevolence, nor would we be able to write one with all the current knowledge we have on it. For all we know, it could take years, maybe even decades, before we can fully cure her of her... condition."

IWtODq3.jpg

"ThIs is what Cosmo feared most. Cosmo has been doink much thinkink. Ilona is good girl, however the power overwhelms her. Not her fault. Ilona needs people lookink out for her, protectink her from her powers. She needs guidance to control them. As much as it hurts Cosmo to suggest this, it's not safe for her out there, and it is not safe for us if she is out there. Nobody wins. We need to guard her, and help her grow. Only until we're sure we can let go."

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

In contrast to Doppo, who seemed wary, and Akiko who was testy with the prospect at best, Kyoko would be more openly in disagreement over the so-called plan, glaring not at Ritsuko, but at Makoto.

"You... would agree to something like this, Makoto?" She asked, a slight tinge of the feeling of betrayal able to be heard in her voice, as though that was what she felt at the moment. "After everything you fought for, all the conviction in your ideals that you'd demonstrated for as long as we knew each other, your big plan is just to lock up a person, real and breathing, I feel I need to emphasize, and keep her isolated from civilization because of her power?"

Ahem.

"I think that Ms. Akagi makes valid points. We don't, and likely are unable to, know about the true, deeper nature of Ilona's capabilities, and I'd rather not find out, lest it has to be paid for with more lives needlessly," the young soldier stated, before continuing, "And... With all due respect, Co-Commander Kirigiri, you've been out of action for a long time. I don't... think you're entirely aware of the situation, and why this is a necessary step not only for the sake of the multiverse's protection, but also preserving the relationship between the Coalition and the United Nations."

Essentially, it was as though he had told Kyoko that she didn't know what she was talking about, using the basis that she'd been out of commission for so long. But conversely, Kyoko personally thought that that made her even better equipped than if she had stayed in constant action.

kiri014.png

"..."

Still, she ignored the man's words for the time being. If he wanted to make arguments in an attempt to undermine her opinion's credibility, then that was that, but she would have her voice be heard one way or another.

Makoto looked flustered at Kyoko's sharp words that bordered on accusations of betrayal. His face grew red hot and he stammered out a few unintelligible syllables, only to then be drowned out by Byakuya.

hWMU2tw.png

"Let's not forget the fact that there are those out there who may try to use Ilona for their own benefit. The issue is not exactly that the girl has destructive power, for many standing here have the potential for such destruction in them as well. No amount of platitudes will change the fact that this girl has been used indirectly to kill others. That her power comes from the very force our enemies use is even more pressing."

kiri038.png

"But... That's exactly it! Many people, even right in this room, have potentially highly destructive power within them, and while their stability levels fluctuate depending on the person, it wasn't Ilona's fault. She was manipulated into discharging that power, just as anyone else could have been. Or... Did you neglect to recall her testimony that Jill Valentine was found dead before the explosion?" She remarked sharply, seemingly only growing more and more heated, unlike her usual composed self.

49NgNeI.png

"I don't know if many people here are aware, but I have some ability to sense malevolence. It's not so effective here, but... I've never been able to sense any kind of malevolence from Ilona. The fact that she can generate it despite that is honestly... kind of frightening."

nyFmcLl.png

"But that doesn't mean Sorey and I agree with keeping her locked up," Mikleo said, crossing his arms. He glanced toward his friend for a moment, who nodded back to him in turn. "What Ilona probably needs is our support more than anything."

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

Captain-Commander Kieran had been silently fuming since this meeting began. His mind had been on other things since the blast, but to hear that he had been left out of such an important matter angered him to no end. This was entirely wrong, for more than just Ilona's sake. "I'm done with the Coalition blindly following the UN's orders! We are supposed to be independent... given the choice to make our own decisions without outside influence! The UN has demanded enough of us, and I will not let them strong-arm us into another decision. You have three leaders of the Coalition here... and two are saying no."

Makoto's nervousness only grew at such a vocal outburst. He had been trying to keep the peace for so long that at this point, it was almost the only thing that mattered. Kyoko didn't understand the dynamics, while Kieran... well, Makoto knew Kieran just felt guilty.

"No," Makoto uttered, his voice surprisingly firm. "A horrible, awful tragedy has befallen us. I can not ignore it... I will not ignore it. It is at Ilona's own request that she be sheltered from others, isn't it? Why deny her that choice? We are here to listen to others and make compromises if needed. This is to make everyone happy!"

kiri010.png

"This is hardly a compromise that everyone can be happy with. You're taking away years, possibly decades as Ms. Akagi herself has stated, from this person's life, just because she has potential to be dangerous, just like most other people around here," she said, practically scolding Makoto for even considering doing something like this, "The UN may not have had any hold on the Coalition when I was around, and if this is how things would turn out, maybe I really should have stayed."

Unfazed by Kyoko's words, the lavender haired detective giving the older woman a brief scowl, Ritsuko even stifled a dryly amused chuckle, before speaking in response.

"You're ignoring what your friend, who seems to understand the situation better than you, said before. Ilona herself requested to be detained. Who are we to deny someone like that a request that aligns with our own interests?" She inquired, gesturing towards everyone in the room with her arms, as though challenging anyone to speak up against her and the others who agreed with her.

xHGEyvj.jpg

"Did she really ask for it? I'd rather hear it from her own mouth, if you don't mind me not taking your word for it," Akiko said somewhat cantankerously, unfitting of how she usually was, before realizing something, "Where is Ilona anyway? I was under the impression she'd be here for this meeting that's all about her."

"She's been taken into our custody and is currently being transported to the UN Base of Operations as we speak," Ritsuko answered, crossing her arms, "You can protest all you want, people, but I have the authority, the power, here," she continued, glancing at Robin in the process, "Apologies if it seems like I'm overstepping my authority, Secretary-General, but I'd say this is a just cause for emergency powers."

9OF792U.png

"H-Hold on a minute! You can't just do that under our noses!" Shiki exclaimed in objection, to which Ocelot would interject.

"Our? You aren't even a member of the Coalition officially. Don't talk like you have that great a grasp on the situation. You're even worse off than Co-Commander Kirigiri, I'd wager," the soldier said.

EPtUVPc.png

"Oh, nice, I guess some people's opinions just matter less when they disagree with you, huh?" Gwen Stacy remarked snappily, her form stuck to the wall as she looked judgingly at Ocelot for the moment.

"Guys! Really?" Uhura intervened, attempting to get the conversation back on track, "Making accusations and insulting others isn't going to get us anywhere. Let's not get heated up so quickly."

"Indeed," Ritsuko nodded, before producing what appeared to be a communicator device from her pocket, "But if you all really want to hear it, then be my guest," she spoke, pressing a button on it and speaking to it, "Deputy Secretary-General speaking. Can I get a status on Ilona? Everyone wants to hear a word from her before she leaves."

"... gone..." A faint voice would respond weakly, prompting Ritsuko's eyes to widen in shock.

"W-What?!"

"She's... gone... We... attacked by... h-him..." The voice on the other end responded, before the connection would abruptly cut off... as though someone else had ended it deliberately.

"What the hell...! Dammit, what's going on out there?! Come in. I said report!" Ritsuko exclaimed angrily into the device, but alas, it would avail to nothing.

"... Ahem."

A collective gasp went out amid the Coaltiion recruits as the reality of the situation came over them. Makoto was among them, his eyes going wide in fear to learn yet another despairing situation had come upon them. "Ilona...? Who do they mean by... him...?"

"Damn it!" Kieran roared. He started making his way toward the exit of the room. "Captain-Commander Kieran is getting to the bottom of this!"

However, as Kieran was about to leave, Alvin came rushing into the room. "We have a situation here...!" he began, but trailed off when he saw the looks on everyone's faces.

m9LoLNH.png

He choked back an angry grumble, eyes searching for Makoto. "Alter Ego got an emergency transmission from our double agent inside Umbrella. It's reported that, only minutes ago, that Ilona was transferred to their facility on Silent Earth. Seems they've made a breakthrough... they plan to use her power."

"S-Silent Earth?! But... Isn't that the site of the tragic Silent Hill Incident from way back then?!" Doppo exclaimed in shock, and it seemed like he wasn't the only one to have a strong reaction to the revelation.

If the room was at a fever pitch before, this new information rocked the group to their core, for all at the very least understood that this was a dire development. "There's no telling what they could do!" Kieran yelled, turning back to look upon Makoto and Kyoko. "There's no time to think... we have to stage a rescue mission!"

Makoto stared back at his friend, words failing him. So many voices bounced off him, mixing together into an unintelligible din of noise. All Makoto could so was bury his hands in his hair, closing his eyes as his mind desperately searched for answers.

... But it seemed there was no need to find an answer, for one would be provided anyway. Makoto heard a shrill noise cut through the Command Center, causing his eyes to open. A dark mist seemed to seep into the room, covering everyone in an inky darkness.

When next the group awoke, they would find themselves unbelievably cold. It was a chill that seemed to seep into their skin and cool their bones.

The sky above was a disquieting dull grey with storm clouds forming above. The ground was the concrete of an empty street. Buildings surrounded the group with trees, foliage, and power lines providing the setting of a typical town.

ZP6DGt5.jpg

Last but not least, a fog settled over the group. The mist itself felt heavy in a way, as if it was weighing on everyone's shoulders. The air itself would clog the senses, making one feel almost out of breath. Amidst the fog, powers would not be as effective as usual.

Not everyone within the Coalition's headquarters had been transferred over, but a good many had. Makoto looked around, finding no sign of Commander Shepard or Paladin Danse who had both been present within the Command Center. Either that was a good thing, or a very bad thing.

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

Despite the effects of the fog, Shiki did his best to remain calm in the face of adversity. Hard to believe that it had only been roughly a year for him since the last time he had ended up within Silent Earth. The Arch Demon's Downfall showed him a lot about who he was, and what he was afraid of, but it also showed him what he was willing to fight for. Of course, it wasn't until later that he'd discover what he was willing to live for, but here and now, the tense atmosphere of death and despair, it was familiar.

It was so familiar that Shiki remembered vividly how it was just like his life, only a short two years ago. And he remembered why it was imperative that he had to leave this kind of place behind if he knew what was good for him.

"We're in Silent Hill... or maybe, more accurately, Silent Earth." Makoto paused, seemingly stuck on what to say. The sound of Kyoko clearing her throat brought him out of his reverie. "... Something has gone horribly wrong. We've been compromised. Everyone! I need you to know this! ... Silent Earth works in strange ways. It plays tricks on the mind... conjures illusions... It wants to trap you and bring you into despair. What matters most is the strength of your will, not how powerful you are. Do you understand? Whatever we say, please listen... and please stay strong."

kiri007.png

"If nothing else, you should all also stay strong to make up for our tentative loss of numbers," Kyoko would promptly add on to Makoto's words, pointing out the disappearance of those who had previously been present back in HQ. Sure enough, anyone who would look around would notice that as far as authority figures and representatives went, the only people around were Makoto, Kyoko, and Kieran, the big three of the Coalition.

"It's likely that they were separated from us, whether by chance or deliberately by whoever brought us here, though regardless, we need to regroup and then think up a plan concerning rescuing Ilona and getting out of here," she continued, maintaining her cool within her expression and voice, even despite the fog that haunted everyone around...

... though the more observant ones around would notice her legs shaking quite a bit.

Stiles sighed. " So, what you are telling me is that this place is exactly like Bright Falls. It ruins on despair and wants us to be as broken as possible. Well, that is just great. I mean, it's not like there was any way to stop them... nope, none at all," Stiles' words were dripping with sarcasm. He wasn't filled with despair, he was angry.

" Stiles, don't feed into the hate. We need to find the others and Ilona before something goes horribly wrong... like usual," Scott said.

@Atomyk @Verite @others

Continued from here.

Chapter Two

kiri006.png

"...?"

kiri030.png

inpqLPl.png

IWtODq3.jpg

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Ahem.

kiri014.png

"..."

hWMU2tw.png

kiri038.png

49NgNeI.png

nyFmcLl.png

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

kiri010.png

xHGEyvj.jpg

9OF792U.png

EPtUVPc.png

"W-What?!"

"... Ahem."

m9LoLNH.png

ZP6DGt5.jpg

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

kiri007.png

Cast List
@Cirilla as Mercy (Overwatch)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada(Overwatch)
@Grumpy as Rick Sanchez (Rick & Morty)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant and Bozidar Hephaistos (OC)
@Melon as Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane (Voltron)
103.png

As they waited around, wondering what to do here on Silent Earth, Shizuo couldn't help but glare at the boy known as Makoto with something akin to disgust. The kid might have been treated with a neutral opinion before now, but after what had just happened, the bartender felt sickened to be around him. It wasn't just the leader of the Coalition that he was pissed at though; Ritsuko Akagi had also earned his ire along with Makoto for their underhanded actions that had just thrown one of the most important people in this whole crisis to the enemy's waiting hands.

All because they didn't want anyone telling to screw off and leave Ilona alone, to not make her a slave to isolation and testing for something she couldn't control. Shizuo hadn't met the girl yet, but if she was anything like he thought she was, she didn't deserve to be treated like a monster by these people.

"Robin... Did you have a hand in that shit with Ilona?"

He no longer trusted the tactician either. The man had to have known what was going to happen, that the meeting was just a way to distract them while they moved Ilona somewhere else. Either that, or Akagi was a rogue agent who acted behind her boss's back and didn't give a damn if it screwed the rest of them over.

For some reason, Shizuo was leaning to the former. Hopefully, his boss was hanging around to clear up the confusion before he got pissed.

@Minerva @Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Hospes @pubbb @Ringmaster @​

Continued from here.

Chapter Two

kiri006.png

"...?"

kiri030.png

inpqLPl.png

IWtODq3.jpg

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Ahem.

kiri014.png

"..."

hWMU2tw.png

kiri038.png

49NgNeI.png

nyFmcLl.png

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

kiri010.png

xHGEyvj.jpg

9OF792U.png

EPtUVPc.png

"W-What?!"

"... Ahem."

m9LoLNH.png

ZP6DGt5.jpg

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

kiri007.png

Cast List
tumblr_nwqu6hTkO51u3z5n7o7_100.png

"So this is that Silent Earth place you're talking about... strange."

That was all Add had to say while standing around with the group. Again, he had no worries about Ilona's kidnapped situation, but in a way, he did have the curiosities on what else she could do. While having the unconscious Elesis be carried around with his Dynamos, the esper didn't seem to have much doubts on Robin and the rest of the UN like Shizuo did.

Well, Add had good reasons for that, reasons he wouldn't share, but still.

@Atomyk @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @The Tactician @everybody​

Continued from here.

Chapter Two

kiri006.png

"...?"

kiri030.png

inpqLPl.png

IWtODq3.jpg

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Ahem.

kiri014.png

"..."

hWMU2tw.png

kiri038.png

49NgNeI.png

nyFmcLl.png

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

kiri010.png

xHGEyvj.jpg

9OF792U.png

EPtUVPc.png

"W-What?!"

"... Ahem."

m9LoLNH.png

ZP6DGt5.jpg

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

kiri007.png

Cast List
10.png

"Mmmngh... Where am I?" Zidane woke up to an unfamiliar place.

tumblr_inline_mry82xTGT51rk0sf0.jpg

Silent... Earth... Bibi pondered.

However... the two are separated in the fog.

"Hey, Bibi! Where are you?!" Zidane yelled.

"O-over here..." Bibi responded, yet Zidane cannot fully tell where Bibi is.

So they wandered around.

@eveyrone​

Continued from here.

Chapter Two

kiri006.png

"...?"

kiri030.png

inpqLPl.png

IWtODq3.jpg

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Ahem.

kiri014.png

"..."

hWMU2tw.png

kiri038.png

49NgNeI.png

nyFmcLl.png

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

kiri010.png

xHGEyvj.jpg

9OF792U.png

EPtUVPc.png

"W-What?!"

"... Ahem."

m9LoLNH.png

ZP6DGt5.jpg

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

kiri007.png

Cast List

Robin was... Pissed to say the least. He felt this was an overreach of authority as well as something outside of both his, and Ritsuko's authority. He stepped forward. "This is not your call to make, Ritsuko, nor is it my call. We have the Directives for a reason. We have a balance of powers. An order in which the UN works." He gripped his hand around his hilt before he realized this action was not one befitting the Secretary-General of the UN. "This is a decision for the Security Council to make, Ritsuko. One for them to make, and UNCED to act on. It's an overreach of your authority." At this point Robin was shaking in anger. "I support Kirigiri in this."

When the UN team had been attacked and Ilona taken, Robin was stunned. He dropped his subject. He was ready to go with Corrin and everyone else to solve the situation, and rescue Ilona from the wrong hands.

103.png

As they waited around, wondering what to do here on Silent Earth, Shizuo couldn't help but glare at the boy known as Makoto with something akin to disgust. The kid might have been treated with a neutral opinion before now, but after what had just happened, the bartender felt sickened to be around him. It wasn't just the leader of the Coalition that he was pissed at though; Ritsuko Akagi had also earned his ire along with Makoto for their underhanded actions that had just thrown one of the most important people in this whole crisis to the enemy's waiting hands.

All because they didn't want anyone telling to screw off and leave Ilona alone, to not make her a slave to isolation and testing for something she couldn't control. Shizuo hadn't met the girl yet, but if she was anything like he thought she was, she didn't deserve to be treated like a monster by these people.

"Robin... Did you have a hand in that shit with Ilona?"

He no longer trusted the tactician either. The man had to have known what was going to happen, that the meeting was just a way to distract them while they moved Ilona somewhere else. Either that, or Akagi was a rogue agent who acted behind her boss's back and didn't give a damn if it screwed the rest of them over.

For some reason, Shizuo was leaning to the former. Hopefully, his boss was hanging around to clear up the confusion before he got pissed.

@Minerva @Atomyk @Verite @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @LuckycoolHawk9 @Josh M @Hospes @pubbb @Ringmaster @​

Robin glanced at Shizuo. "I tried to protect Ilona. Ritsuko's out of her mind, Makoto too." He said. "Let's just get Ilona out of here, and we can solve this later. Her safety is priority right now."

@Ringmaster @Atomyk @Verite @anybody

Status
Not open for further replies.