Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here.

Chapter Two
"Welcome to Silent Earth"

After an additional hour of settling, being patched up, and helping rebuild what was destroyed in the minor cataclysm, the intercom would turn on and be heard all around the base again, Makoto's voice ringing out this time instead of Kyoko's.

"Ah... E-Everyone who is not already here, please report to the Command Center immediately for an emergency meeting. We have... something pressing to discuss."

With that, he would cut out, and await you all to do as requested.

kiri006.png

"...?"

Kyoko only silently raised an eyebrow at Makoto when he'd make the sudden announcement, the young woman seemingly caught off-guard a little. She hadn't been aware of any pressing matter they'd all needed to discuss, that is, any that had been personally discussed with her. There certainly were things that needed to be discussed, but... Kyoko was annoyed.

And she didn't feel annoyed that often.

Regardless of whether Makoto meant to do it or not, Kyoko had been getting the feeling that he was avoiding her ever since their little debate just before the explosion, like he wanted to avoid talking to her. The situation was familiar, that is, the situation of Makoto not wanting to talk to her about something, and she was fixing to be just as irritated as back then too.

She hated it when he kept secrets from her without a good reason.

When everyone would all report to the Command Center, which acted as the temporary makeshift Meeting Room since that was currently out of commission for obvious reasons, Makoto would be seen in the front standing next to Ritsuko, the second-in-command of the United Nations. Ritsuko, keeping a cool, collected expression like she usually did, pocketed her hands in her white coat, beginning to speak when everyone had gathered.

76596d00d9204c87a255d04b1a4de608.png

"We've gathered you all here today in order to make an announcement. In light of the unexpected explosion that rocked this entire place, I've discussed matters with Commander Makoto Naegi over what the best move should be, and we've managed to reach a conclusion together," she took a breath, eyeing Ilona for a brief moment, before continuing.

"I can imagine some of you might find problem with what we've decided, but I assure you that this is for the best. Commander Naegi, would you like to do the honors, or shall I?"

kiri030.png

Kyoko gave a visibly perplexed look, simply wondering to herself what idea the woman had planted into Makoto's head. Part of her didn't want to know, after the folder she had looked at upon hijacking Makoto's computer that one night a few weeks ago giving her an idea, but there was no helping it.

And so, one way or another, she would find out.

Makoto had been silent ever since the announcement, standing tall, yet with his eye looking off toward something nobody else but him could see. The expression on his face was one of determination, though any who knew him well enough would see that it hid a deep sadness within him. Makoto had yet to abandon hope, but he knew something had to change.

Ruby and the others were right. It was time to move forward.

"The source of the blast has been confirmed," Makoto said after Ritsuko spoke. It seemed he was going forward with making the announcement himself. "As many of you know, it was Ilona, a member of the Coalition who we have had under watch for some time now. She was here as a friend. A mutual agreement to study her unique abilities. Yet..."

inpqLPl.png

Makoto's head turned to take in all the people around him. All of them listening to him. His hands balled into fists at his sides, yet he stood tall. "... Ilona's abilities are born of malevolence. Her mother and father were tainted by despair, and so this has passed on to their daughter. I know she is a good person. I believe in her. However... I also have to agree with Ritsuko and the bulk of the United Nations when they say that such a power can't be left unchecked. That is why... I..."

Makoto closed his eyes. He needed Ritsuko to say the rest.

Ritsuko, far more stone-faced than the boy, would seem to give a lightly exasperated sigh, as though disappointed that Makoto wasn't able to go through with saying that they had intended to do by himself.

"Essentially, the plan is to detain Ilona. If we're to come to understand how the nature of the Malevolence inside her works, considering we've never seen a case like her before, and prevent any more lives from being affected by it, we have to do what is natural to do when we don't know something. We study. We'll do studies, conduct tests, and try to find a way to suppress the Malevolence inside, if not remove it from her being," The woman explained at length without missing a beat.

"It's fortunate that we had a number of powered people like Wanda Maximoff around to shield others from the blast, lest the entire base be easily extinguished of life, but even with these powers that we have, three lives were lost, one sent into a coma, and many others otherwise injured. Just imagine how dangerously powerful this energy could become if we don't quarantine her. The way I see it, we're lucky. Imagine the horrors that would be unleashed if she were put into a public environment without any sort of watch."

"That's why we have to put her under quarantine. With or without the approval of the Secretary-General."

ee1dd9f93946426b84a1aedbc31328ee.png

"Quarantine? You're making it sound like she's a walking disease," Akiko only remarked seriously, a light scowl tugging at the edges of her lips.

"But... Surely, there has to be an alternative."

"Akiko, please," Doppo said, raising an arm to calm her down, taking it upon himself to speak now.

tumblr_o6gnvnGEjh1vt7i5ao5_250.png

With a serious, wary expression, he would pose a question to Ritsuko. "If this plan were to proceed without a hitch, how long would you expect this... "detaining" to last?"

Ritsuko sighed lightly, simply shrugging her shoulders. "... I can't say. It isn't like there's a textbook about malevolence, nor would we be able to write one with all the current knowledge we have on it. For all we know, it could take years, maybe even decades, before we can fully cure her of her... condition."

Cosmo then spoke up, wanting to say his piece.

IWtODq3.jpg

"ThIs is what Cosmo feared most. Cosmo has been doink much thinkink. Ilona is good girl, however the power overwhelms her. Not her fault. Ilona needs people lookink out for her, protectink her from her powers. She needs guidance to control them. As much as it hurts Cosmo to suggest this, it's not safe for her out there, and it is not safe for us if she is out there. Nobody wins. We need to guard her, and help her grow. Only until we're sure we can let go."

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

In contrast to Doppo, who seemed wary, and Akiko who was testy with the prospect at best, Kyoko would be more openly in disagreement over the so-called plan, glaring not at Ritsuko, but at Makoto.

"You... would agree to something like this, Makoto?" She asked, a slight tinge of the feeling of betrayal able to be heard in her voice, as though that was what she felt at the moment. "After everything you fought for, all the conviction in your ideals that you'd demonstrated for as long as we knew each other, your big plan is just to lock up a person, real and breathing, I feel I need to emphasize, and keep her isolated from civilization because of her power?"

Ahem.

tumblr_nqw1rpn7FK1ua3tajo5_1280.png

Raising a hand to step in, Ocelot would interrupt Kyoko to speak.

"I think that Ms. Akagi makes valid points. We don't, and likely are unable to, know about the true, deeper nature of Ilona's capabilities, and I'd rather not find out, lest it has to be paid for with more lives needlessly," the young soldier stated, before continuing, "And... With all due respect, Co-Commander Kirigiri, you've been out of action for a long time. I don't... think you're entirely aware of the situation, and why this is a necessary step not only for the sake of the multiverse's protection, but also preserving the relationship between the Coalition and the United Nations."

Essentially, it was as though he had told Kyoko that she didn't know what she was talking about, using the basis that she'd been out of commission for so long. But conversely, Kyoko personally thought that that made her even better equipped than if she had stayed in constant action.

kiri014.png

"..."

Still, she ignored the man's words for the time being. If he wanted to make arguments in an attempt to undermine her opinion's credibility, then that was that, but she would have her voice be heard one way or another.

"Makoto... What happened to you?"

Makoto looked flustered at Kyoko's sharp words that bordered on accusations of betrayal. His face grew red hot and he stammered out a few unintelligible syllables, only to then be drowned out by Byakuya.

hWMU2tw.png

"Let's not forget the fact that there are those out there who may try to use Ilona for their own benefit. The issue is not exactly that the girl has destructive power, for many standing here have the potential for such destruction in them as well. No amount of platitudes will change the fact that this girl has been used indirectly to kill others. That her power comes from the very force our enemies use is even more pressing."

kiri038.png

"But... That's exactly it! Many people, even right in this room, have potentially highly destructive power within them, and while their stability levels fluctuate depending on the person, it wasn't Ilona's fault. She was manipulated into discharging that power, just as anyone else could have been. Or... Did you neglect to recall her testimony that Jill Valentine was found dead before the explosion?" She remarked sharply, seemingly only growing more and more heated, unlike her usual composed self.

"Hey..." Sorey raised a hand, looking more intrigued by all this than anything.

49NgNeI.png

"I don't know if many people here are aware, but I have some ability to sense malevolence. It's not so effective here, but... I've never been able to sense any kind of malevolence from Ilona. The fact that she can generate it despite that is honestly... kind of frightening."

nyFmcLl.png

"But that doesn't mean Sorey and I agree with keeping her locked up," Mikleo said, crossing his arms. He glanced toward his friend for a moment, who nodded back to him in turn. "What Ilona probably needs is our support more than anything."

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

Captain-Commander Kieran had been silently fuming since this meeting began. His mind had been on other things since the blast, but to hear that he had been left out of such an important matter angered him to no end. This was entirely wrong, for more than just Ilona's sake. "I'm done with the Coalition blindly following the UN's orders! We are supposed to be independent... given the choice to make our own decisions without outside influence! The UN has demanded enough of us, and I will not let them strong-arm us into another decision. You have three leaders of the Coalition here... and two are saying no."

Makoto's nervousness only grew at such a vocal outburst. He had been trying to keep the peace for so long that at this point, it was almost the only thing that mattered. Kyoko didn't understand the dynamics, while Kieran... well, Makoto knew Kieran just felt guilty.

"No," Makoto uttered, his voice surprisingly firm. "A horrible, awful tragedy has befallen us. I can not ignore it... I will not ignore it. It is at Ilona's own request that she be sheltered from others, isn't it? Why deny her that choice? We are here to listen to others and make compromises if needed. This is to make everyone happy!"

kiri010.png

"This is hardly a compromise that everyone can be happy with. You're taking away years, possibly decades as Ms. Akagi herself has stated, from this person's life, just because she has potential to be dangerous, just like most other people around here," she said, practically scolding Makoto for even considering doing something like this, "The UN may not have had any hold on the Coalition when I was around, and if this is how things would turn out, maybe I really should have stayed."

Unfazed by Kyoko's words, the lavender haired detective giving the older woman a brief scowl, Ritsuko even stifled a dryly amused chuckle, before speaking in response.

"You're ignoring what your friend, who seems to understand the situation better than you, said before. Ilona herself requested to be detained. Who are we to deny someone like that a request that aligns with our own interests?" She inquired, gesturing towards everyone in the room with her arms, as though challenging anyone to speak up against her and the others who agreed with her.

xHGEyvj.jpg

"Did she really ask for it? I'd rather hear it from her own mouth, if you don't mind me not taking your word for it," Akiko said somewhat cantankerously, unfitting of how she usually was, before realizing something, "Where is Ilona anyway? I was under the impression she'd be here for this meeting that's all about her."

"She's been taken into our custody and is currently being transported to the UN Base of Operations as we speak," Ritsuko answered, crossing her arms, "You can protest all you want, people, but I have the authority, the power, here," she continued, glancing at Robin in the process, "Apologies if it seems like I'm overstepping my authority, Secretary-General, but I'd say this is a just cause for emergency powers."

9OF792U.png

"H-Hold on a minute! You can't just do that under our noses!" Shiki exclaimed in objection, to which Ocelot would interject.

"Our? You aren't even a member of the Coalition officially. Don't talk like you have that great a grasp on the situation. You're even worse off than Co-Commander Kirigiri, I'd wager," the soldier said.

EPtUVPc.png

"Oh, nice, I guess some people's opinions just matter less when they disagree with you, huh?" Gwen Stacy remarked snappily, her form stuck to the wall as she looked judgingly at Ocelot for the moment.

"Guys! Really?" Uhura intervened, attempting to get the conversation back on track, "Making accusations and insulting others isn't going to get us anywhere. Let's not get heated up so quickly."

"Indeed," Ritsuko nodded, before producing what appeared to be a communicator device from her pocket, "But if you all really want to hear it, then be my guest," she spoke, pressing a button on it and speaking to it, "Deputy Secretary-General speaking. Can I get a status on Ilona? Everyone wants to hear a word from her before she leaves."

Silence ensued, before she would uncomfortably clear her throat.

"Come in. Did you hear me?"

"... gone..." A faint voice would respond weakly, prompting Ritsuko's eyes to widen in shock.

"W-What?!"

"She's... gone... We... attacked by... h-him..." The voice on the other end responded, before the connection would abruptly cut off... as though someone else had ended it deliberately.

"What the hell...! Dammit, what's going on out there?! Come in. I said report!" Ritsuko exclaimed angrily into the device, but alas, it would avail to nothing.

"... Ahem."

2520136bc48040228ad29afcfdf74ba7.png

"What's going on here? Where's Ilona?"

A collective gasp went out amid the Coaltiion recruits as the reality of the situation came over them. Makoto was among them, his eyes going wide in fear to learn yet another despairing situation had come upon them. "Ilona...? Who do they mean by... him...?"

"Damn it!" Kieran roared. He started making his way toward the exit of the room. "Captain-Commander Kieran is getting to the bottom of this!"

However, as Kieran was about to leave, Alvin came rushing into the room. "We have a situation here...!" he began, but trailed off when he saw the looks on everyone's faces.

m9LoLNH.png

He choked back an angry grumble, eyes searching for Makoto. "Alter Ego got an emergency transmission from our double agent inside Umbrella. It's reported that, only minutes ago, that Ilona was transferred to their facility on Silent Earth. Seems they've made a breakthrough... they plan to use her power."

4da4c31f2746465eaa012b21c82d18d0.png

"S-Silent Earth?! But... Isn't that the site of the tragic Silent Hill Incident from way back then?!" Doppo exclaimed in shock, and it seemed like he wasn't the only one to have a strong reaction to the revelation.

If the room was at a fever pitch before, this new information rocked the group to their core, for all at the very least understood that this was a dire development. "There's no telling what they could do!" Kieran yelled, turning back to look upon Makoto and Kyoko. "There's no time to think... we have to stage a rescue mission!"

Makoto stared back at his friend, words failing him. So many voices bounced off him, mixing together into an unintelligible din of noise. All Makoto could so was bury his hands in his hair, closing his eyes as his mind desperately searched for answers.

... But it seemed there was no need to find an answer, for one would be provided anyway. Makoto heard a shrill noise cut through the Command Center, causing his eyes to open. A dark mist seemed to seep into the room, covering everyone in an inky darkness.

Everything was dark, and soon, nothing could be heard.

When next the group awoke, they would find themselves unbelievably cold. It was a chill that seemed to seep into their skin and cool their bones.

The sky above was a disquieting dull grey with storm clouds forming above. The ground was the concrete of an empty street. Buildings surrounded the group with trees, foliage, and power lines providing the setting of a typical town.

ZP6DGt5.jpg

Last but not least, a fog settled over the group. The mist itself felt heavy in a way, as if it was weighing on everyone's shoulders. The air itself would clog the senses, making one feel almost out of breath. Amidst the fog, powers would not be as effective as usual.

Not everyone within the Coalition's headquarters had been transferred over, but a good many had. Makoto looked around, finding no sign of Commander Shepard or Paladin Danse who had both been present within the Command Center. Either that was a good thing, or a very bad thing.

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

Despite the effects of the fog, Shiki did his best to remain calm in the face of adversity. Hard to believe that it had only been roughly a year for him since the last time he had ended up within Silent Earth. The Arch Demon's Downfall showed him a lot about who he was, and what he was afraid of, but it also showed him what he was willing to fight for. Of course, it wasn't until later that he'd discover what he was willing to live for, but here and now, the tense atmosphere of death and despair, it was familiar.

It was so familiar that Shiki remembered vividly how it was just like his life, only a short two years ago. And he remembered why it was imperative that he had to leave this kind of place behind if he knew what was good for him.

"This place... It's... It really is..."

"We're in Silent Hill... or maybe, more accurately, Silent Earth." Makoto paused, seemingly stuck on what to say. The sound of Kyoko clearing her throat brought him out of his reverie. "... Something has gone horribly wrong. We've been compromised. Everyone! I need you to know this! ... Silent Earth works in strange ways. It plays tricks on the mind... conjures illusions... It wants to trap you and bring you into despair. What matters most is the strength of your will, not how powerful you are. Do you understand? Whatever we say, please listen... and please stay strong."

kiri007.png

"If nothing else, you should all also stay strong to make up for our tentative loss of numbers," Kyoko would promptly add on to Makoto's words, pointing out the disappearance of those who had previously been present back in HQ. Sure enough, anyone who would look around would notice that as far as authority figures and representatives went, the only people around were Makoto, Kyoko, and Kieran, the big three of the Coalition.

"It's likely that they were separated from us, whether by chance or deliberately by whoever brought us here, though regardless, we need to regroup and then think up a plan concerning rescuing Ilona and getting out of here," she continued, maintaining her cool within her expression and voice, even despite the fog that haunted everyone around...

... though the more observant ones around would notice her legs shaking quite a bit.

Even the strong, sometimes, were not invincible.

Cast List
@Gummi Bunnies as Add and Elesis (Elsword)
@DBZ7 as Anna (Fire Emblem)
@Nater Taters as Artyom Chyornyj (Metro)
@Jeremi as Bekka and Red Tornado (DC Comics)
@Wren as Bradley Martin Holland (OC)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Deoxys (Pokemon)
@Archwar as Doomguy (Doom)
@Crimson Spartan as Erron Black (Mortal Kombat)
@Krieg as Jon Snow (Game of Thrones)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Anghelscu and Saber Alter (Murder Series / Type-Moon)
@Crow as Maki Kido and Madoka Karasuma (Idolmaster OC)
@Atomyk as Makoto Naegi (Danganronpa)
@Mason Moretti as Mason Moretti (OC)
@Cirilla as Mercy (Overwatch)
@darnerdemons as Miko Wanijima (Air Gear OC)
@Chewy Rabbits as Nemo and Astaroth (Murder Series)
@Raven as Piper Wright (Fallout)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
@C.T. as Qrow Branwen (RWBY)
@BarrenThin as Reinhardt Wilhelm and Genji Shimada(Overwatch)
@Grumpy as Rick Sanchez (Rick & Morty)
@Minerva as Robin Aquilus and Corrin (Fire Emblem)
@york as Ruby Rose and Zwei (RWBY)
@Kaykay as Sakuya Izayoi and Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall and Stiles Stilinski (Teen Wolf)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant and Bozidar Hephaistos (OC)
@Yun Lee as Shi-Long Lang (Ace Attorney)
@pubbbb as Shigeo "Mob" Kageyama (Mob Psycho 100)
@Verite as Shiki Tohno and Len (Type-Moon)
@The Tactician as Shizuo Heiwajima (Durarara!!)
@Melon as Takashi "Shiro" Shirogane (Voltron)
@Takumi as Toboe (Wolf's Rain)
@Yang Lee as Uncle Iroh (Avatar)
@Hospes as Weiss Schnee and Winter Schnee (RWBY)
@Josh M as Wynne (Dragon Age)
@Sen as Zen (Mystic Messenger)
@Bomb as Zidane Tribal and Bibi Ornitier (Final Fantasy IX)​
EdlHGPH.png

He couldn't believe what he was hearing.
Who in their right minds would think that locking a girl- no, a person up for an indefinite amount of time was a good idea? That was the perfect plan to ruin somebody's life. She was a guilt-ridden girl, of course she was going to want to pick that sort of path, but the rest of the Coalition and the other organizations were level-headed... surely, everyone had enough common sense to know that it jst wasn't a good idea to treat someone's future like it was a game.

He barely had time to register the chaos that was beginning to stir when a familiar sensation washed over his body. That feeling of being pulled away... the actor sighed. Here we go again.
tNCSQ5k.png

Well, this was a gloomy place.
Silent Earth, huh? He'd heard about it. It sounded like a dreadful place. Well, of course the despair was going to be a concern. But what about his skin, his hair? This place was going to ruin it. The young man stood himself up, dusting down his coat. He looked around for familiar faces, hoping to group up with people he had gotten to know. They would have to work together to save Ilona.

@Atomyk @anybody​

Continued from here.

Chapter Two

After an additional hour of settling, being patched up, and helping rebuild what was destroyed in the minor cataclysm, the intercom would turn on and be heard all around the base again, Makoto's voice ringing out this time instead of Kyoko's.

"Ah... E-Everyone who is not already here, please report to the Command Center immediately for an emergency meeting. We have... something pressing to discuss."

kiri006.png

"...?"

Kyoko only silently raised an eyebrow at Makoto when he'd make the sudden announcement, the young woman seemingly caught off-guard a little. She hadn't been aware of any pressing matter they'd all needed to discuss, that is, any that had been personally discussed with her. There certainly were things that needed to be discussed, but... Kyoko was annoyed.

Regardless of whether Makoto meant to do it or not, Kyoko had been getting the feeling that he was avoiding her ever since their little debate just before the explosion, like he wanted to avoid talking to her. The situation was familiar, that is, the situation of Makoto not wanting to talk to her about something, and she was fixing to be just as irritated as back then too.

When everyone would all report to the Command Center, which acted as the temporary makeshift Meeting Room since that was currently out of commission for obvious reasons, Makoto would be seen in the front standing next to Ritsuko, the second-in-command of the United Nations. Ritsuko, keeping a cool, collected expression like she usually did, pocketed her hands in her white coat, beginning to speak when everyone had gathered.

"We've gathered you all here today in order to make an announcement. In light of the unexpected explosion that rocked this entire place, I've discussed matters with Commander Makoto Naegi over what the best move should be, and we've managed to reach a conclusion together," she took a breath, eyeing Ilona for a brief moment, before continuing.

"I can imagine some of you might find problem with what we've decided, but I assure you that this is for the best. Commander Naegi, would you like to do the honors, or shall I?"

kiri030.png

Kyoko gave a visibly perplexed look, simply wondering to herself what idea the woman had planted into Makoto's head. Part of her didn't want to know, after the folder she had looked at upon hijacking Makoto's computer that one night a few weeks ago giving her an idea, but there was no helping it.

Makoto had been silent ever since the announcement, standing tall, yet with his eye looking off toward something nobody else but him could see. The expression on his face was one of determination, though any who knew him well enough would see that it hid a deep sadness within him. Makoto had yet to abandon hope, but he knew something had to change.

"The source of the blast has been confirmed," Makoto said after Ritsuko spoke. It seemed he was going forward with making the announcement himself. "As many of you know, it was Ilona, a member of the Coalition who we have had under watch for some time now. She was here as a friend. A mutual agreement to study her unique abilities. Yet..."

inpqLPl.png

Makoto's head turned to take in all the people around him. All of them listening to him. His hands balled into fists at his sides, yet he stood tall. "... Ilona's abilities are born of malevolence. Her mother and father were tainted by despair, and so this has passed on to their daughter. I know she is a good person. I believe in her. However... I also have to agree with Ritsuko and the bulk of the United Nations when they say that such a power can't be left unchecked. That is why... I..."

Ritsuko, far more stone-faced than the boy, would seem to give a lightly exasperated sigh, as though disappointed that Makoto wasn't able to go through with saying that they had intended to do by himself.

"Essentially, the plan is to detain Ilona. If we're to come to understand how the nature of the Malevolence inside her works, considering we've never seen a case like her before, and prevent any more lives from being affected by it, we have to do what is natural to do when we don't know something. We study. We'll do studies, conduct tests, and try to find a way to suppress the Malevolence inside, if not remove it from her being," The woman explained at length without missing a beat.

"It's fortunate that we had a number of powered people like Wanda Maximoff around to shield others from the blast, lest the entire base be easily extinguished of life, but even with these powers that we have, three lives were lost, one sent into a coma, and many others otherwise injured. Just imagine how dangerously powerful this energy could become if we don't quarantine her. The way I see it, we're lucky. Imagine the horrors that would be unleashed if she were put into a public environment without any sort of watch."

"That's why we have to put her under quarantine. With or without the approval of the Secretary-General."

"Quarantine? You're making it sound like she's a walking disease," Akiko only remarked seriously, a light scowl tugging at the edges of her lips.

"Akiko, please," Doppo said, raising an arm to calm her down, taking it upon himself to speak now.

With a serious, wary expression, he would pose a question to Ritsuko. "If this plan were to proceed without a hitch, how long would you expect this... "detaining" to last?"

Ritsuko sighed lightly, simply shrugging her shoulders. "... I can't say. It isn't like there's a textbook about malevolence, nor would we be able to write one with all the current knowledge we have on it. For all we know, it could take years, maybe even decades, before we can fully cure her of her... condition."

IWtODq3.jpg

"ThIs is what Cosmo feared most. Cosmo has been doink much thinkink. Ilona is good girl, however the power overwhelms her. Not her fault. Ilona needs people lookink out for her, protectink her from her powers. She needs guidance to control them. As much as it hurts Cosmo to suggest this, it's not safe for her out there, and it is not safe for us if she is out there. Nobody wins. We need to guard her, and help her grow. Only until we're sure we can let go."

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

In contrast to Doppo, who seemed wary, and Akiko who was testy with the prospect at best, Kyoko would be more openly in disagreement over the so-called plan, glaring not at Ritsuko, but at Makoto.

"You... would agree to something like this, Makoto?" She asked, a slight tinge of the feeling of betrayal able to be heard in her voice, as though that was what she felt at the moment. "After everything you fought for, all the conviction in your ideals that you'd demonstrated for as long as we knew each other, your big plan is just to lock up a person, real and breathing, I feel I need to emphasize, and keep her isolated from civilization because of her power?"

Ahem.

"I think that Ms. Akagi makes valid points. We don't, and likely are unable to, know about the true, deeper nature of Ilona's capabilities, and I'd rather not find out, lest it has to be paid for with more lives needlessly," the young soldier stated, before continuing, "And... With all due respect, Co-Commander Kirigiri, you've been out of action for a long time. I don't... think you're entirely aware of the situation, and why this is a necessary step not only for the sake of the multiverse's protection, but also preserving the relationship between the Coalition and the United Nations."

Essentially, it was as though he had told Kyoko that she didn't know what she was talking about, using the basis that she'd been out of commission for so long. But conversely, Kyoko personally thought that that made her even better equipped than if she had stayed in constant action.

kiri014.png

"..."

Still, she ignored the man's words for the time being. If he wanted to make arguments in an attempt to undermine her opinion's credibility, then that was that, but she would have her voice be heard one way or another.

Makoto looked flustered at Kyoko's sharp words that bordered on accusations of betrayal. His face grew red hot and he stammered out a few unintelligible syllables, only to then be drowned out by Byakuya.

hWMU2tw.png

"Let's not forget the fact that there are those out there who may try to use Ilona for their own benefit. The issue is not exactly that the girl has destructive power, for many standing here have the potential for such destruction in them as well. No amount of platitudes will change the fact that this girl has been used indirectly to kill others. That her power comes from the very force our enemies use is even more pressing."

kiri038.png

"But... That's exactly it! Many people, even right in this room, have potentially highly destructive power within them, and while their stability levels fluctuate depending on the person, it wasn't Ilona's fault. She was manipulated into discharging that power, just as anyone else could have been. Or... Did you neglect to recall her testimony that Jill Valentine was found dead before the explosion?" She remarked sharply, seemingly only growing more and more heated, unlike her usual composed self.

49NgNeI.png

"I don't know if many people here are aware, but I have some ability to sense malevolence. It's not so effective here, but... I've never been able to sense any kind of malevolence from Ilona. The fact that she can generate it despite that is honestly... kind of frightening."

nyFmcLl.png

"But that doesn't mean Sorey and I agree with keeping her locked up," Mikleo said, crossing his arms. He glanced toward his friend for a moment, who nodded back to him in turn. "What Ilona probably needs is our support more than anything."

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

Captain-Commander Kieran had been silently fuming since this meeting began. His mind had been on other things since the blast, but to hear that he had been left out of such an important matter angered him to no end. This was entirely wrong, for more than just Ilona's sake. "I'm done with the Coalition blindly following the UN's orders! We are supposed to be independent... given the choice to make our own decisions without outside influence! The UN has demanded enough of us, and I will not let them strong-arm us into another decision. You have three leaders of the Coalition here... and two are saying no."

Makoto's nervousness only grew at such a vocal outburst. He had been trying to keep the peace for so long that at this point, it was almost the only thing that mattered. Kyoko didn't understand the dynamics, while Kieran... well, Makoto knew Kieran just felt guilty.

"No," Makoto uttered, his voice surprisingly firm. "A horrible, awful tragedy has befallen us. I can not ignore it... I will not ignore it. It is at Ilona's own request that she be sheltered from others, isn't it? Why deny her that choice? We are here to listen to others and make compromises if needed. This is to make everyone happy!"

kiri010.png

"This is hardly a compromise that everyone can be happy with. You're taking away years, possibly decades as Ms. Akagi herself has stated, from this person's life, just because she has potential to be dangerous, just like most other people around here," she said, practically scolding Makoto for even considering doing something like this, "The UN may not have had any hold on the Coalition when I was around, and if this is how things would turn out, maybe I really should have stayed."

Unfazed by Kyoko's words, the lavender haired detective giving the older woman a brief scowl, Ritsuko even stifled a dryly amused chuckle, before speaking in response.

"You're ignoring what your friend, who seems to understand the situation better than you, said before. Ilona herself requested to be detained. Who are we to deny someone like that a request that aligns with our own interests?" She inquired, gesturing towards everyone in the room with her arms, as though challenging anyone to speak up against her and the others who agreed with her.

xHGEyvj.jpg

"Did she really ask for it? I'd rather hear it from her own mouth, if you don't mind me not taking your word for it," Akiko said somewhat cantankerously, unfitting of how she usually was, before realizing something, "Where is Ilona anyway? I was under the impression she'd be here for this meeting that's all about her."

"She's been taken into our custody and is currently being transported to the UN Base of Operations as we speak," Ritsuko answered, crossing her arms, "You can protest all you want, people, but I have the authority, the power, here," she continued, glancing at Robin in the process, "Apologies if it seems like I'm overstepping my authority, Secretary-General, but I'd say this is a just cause for emergency powers."

9OF792U.png

"H-Hold on a minute! You can't just do that under our noses!" Shiki exclaimed in objection, to which Ocelot would interject.

"Our? You aren't even a member of the Coalition officially. Don't talk like you have that great a grasp on the situation. You're even worse off than Co-Commander Kirigiri, I'd wager," the soldier said.

EPtUVPc.png

"Oh, nice, I guess some people's opinions just matter less when they disagree with you, huh?" Gwen Stacy remarked snappily, her form stuck to the wall as she looked judgingly at Ocelot for the moment.

"Guys! Really?" Uhura intervened, attempting to get the conversation back on track, "Making accusations and insulting others isn't going to get us anywhere. Let's not get heated up so quickly."

"Indeed," Ritsuko nodded, before producing what appeared to be a communicator device from her pocket, "But if you all really want to hear it, then be my guest," she spoke, pressing a button on it and speaking to it, "Deputy Secretary-General speaking. Can I get a status on Ilona? Everyone wants to hear a word from her before she leaves."

"... gone..." A faint voice would respond weakly, prompting Ritsuko's eyes to widen in shock.

"W-What?!"

"She's... gone... We... attacked by... h-him..." The voice on the other end responded, before the connection would abruptly cut off... as though someone else had ended it deliberately.

"What the hell...! Dammit, what's going on out there?! Come in. I said report!" Ritsuko exclaimed angrily into the device, but alas, it would avail to nothing.

"... Ahem."

A collective gasp went out amid the Coaltiion recruits as the reality of the situation came over them. Makoto was among them, his eyes going wide in fear to learn yet another despairing situation had come upon them. "Ilona...? Who do they mean by... him...?"

"Damn it!" Kieran roared. He started making his way toward the exit of the room. "Captain-Commander Kieran is getting to the bottom of this!"

However, as Kieran was about to leave, Alvin came rushing into the room. "We have a situation here...!" he began, but trailed off when he saw the looks on everyone's faces.

m9LoLNH.png

He choked back an angry grumble, eyes searching for Makoto. "Alter Ego got an emergency transmission from our double agent inside Umbrella. It's reported that, only minutes ago, that Ilona was transferred to their facility on Silent Earth. Seems they've made a breakthrough... they plan to use her power."

"S-Silent Earth?! But... Isn't that the site of the tragic Silent Hill Incident from way back then?!" Doppo exclaimed in shock, and it seemed like he wasn't the only one to have a strong reaction to the revelation.

If the room was at a fever pitch before, this new information rocked the group to their core, for all at the very least understood that this was a dire development. "There's no telling what they could do!" Kieran yelled, turning back to look upon Makoto and Kyoko. "There's no time to think... we have to stage a rescue mission!"

Makoto stared back at his friend, words failing him. So many voices bounced off him, mixing together into an unintelligible din of noise. All Makoto could so was bury his hands in his hair, closing his eyes as his mind desperately searched for answers.

... But it seemed there was no need to find an answer, for one would be provided anyway. Makoto heard a shrill noise cut through the Command Center, causing his eyes to open. A dark mist seemed to seep into the room, covering everyone in an inky darkness.

When next the group awoke, they would find themselves unbelievably cold. It was a chill that seemed to seep into their skin and cool their bones.

The sky above was a disquieting dull grey with storm clouds forming above. The ground was the concrete of an empty street. Buildings surrounded the group with trees, foliage, and power lines providing the setting of a typical town.

ZP6DGt5.jpg

Last but not least, a fog settled over the group. The mist itself felt heavy in a way, as if it was weighing on everyone's shoulders. The air itself would clog the senses, making one feel almost out of breath. Amidst the fog, powers would not be as effective as usual.

Not everyone within the Coalition's headquarters had been transferred over, but a good many had. Makoto looked around, finding no sign of Commander Shepard or Paladin Danse who had both been present within the Command Center. Either that was a good thing, or a very bad thing.

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

Despite the effects of the fog, Shiki did his best to remain calm in the face of adversity. Hard to believe that it had only been roughly a year for him since the last time he had ended up within Silent Earth. The Arch Demon's Downfall showed him a lot about who he was, and what he was afraid of, but it also showed him what he was willing to fight for. Of course, it wasn't until later that he'd discover what he was willing to live for, but here and now, the tense atmosphere of death and despair, it was familiar.

It was so familiar that Shiki remembered vividly how it was just like his life, only a short two years ago. And he remembered why it was imperative that he had to leave this kind of place behind if he knew what was good for him.

"We're in Silent Hill... or maybe, more accurately, Silent Earth." Makoto paused, seemingly stuck on what to say. The sound of Kyoko clearing her throat brought him out of his reverie. "... Something has gone horribly wrong. We've been compromised. Everyone! I need you to know this! ... Silent Earth works in strange ways. It plays tricks on the mind... conjures illusions... It wants to trap you and bring you into despair. What matters most is the strength of your will, not how powerful you are. Do you understand? Whatever we say, please listen... and please stay strong."

kiri007.png

"If nothing else, you should all also stay strong to make up for our tentative loss of numbers," Kyoko would promptly add on to Makoto's words, pointing out the disappearance of those who had previously been present back in HQ. Sure enough, anyone who would look around would notice that as far as authority figures and representatives went, the only people around were Makoto, Kyoko, and Kieran, the big three of the Coalition.

"It's likely that they were separated from us, whether by chance or deliberately by whoever brought us here, though regardless, we need to regroup and then think up a plan concerning rescuing Ilona and getting out of here," she continued, maintaining her cool within her expression and voice, even despite the fog that haunted everyone around...

... though the more observant ones around would notice her legs shaking quite a bit.

Cast List
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Princess Ilona of Arendelle (Murder Series) and Train Heatnet (Black Cat)
WBJfeMo.png

"Well, talk about an occupational hazard!" Kido says as he looks at his surroundings, looking at everyone. "Based on what you guys say, I don't think Illona just teleported here intentionally, since you know, unlimited explosions and all. Someone is staging this, but let's worry about that later."

glXTgGe.png

"I- I am not a fan of horror movies," Madoka comments as her face started to turn pale. "Silent Earth, huh?"

"This place is giving me the creeps. I can't even tell which country this is!" Kido felt numerous chills down his spine, "come on sister, let's make this Silent Earth a noisy planet!"

"Oh boy."
Stiles sighed. " So, what you are telling me is that this place is exactly like Bright Falls. It ruins on despair and wants us to be as broken as possible. Well, that is just great. I mean, it's not like there was any way to stop them... nope, none at all," Stiles' words were dripping with sarcasm. He wasn't filled with despair, he was angry.

" Stiles, don't feed into the hate. We need to find the others and Ilona before something goes horribly wrong... like usual," Scott said.

@Atomyk @Verite @others
WBJfeMo.png

"Bright Falls? You mean the thing with the bear and the hotels and bus? They were stopped, right?" Kido asks, "now the only question is how we can repeat that process. Then we're out of here!"
Robin glanced at Shizuo. "I tried to protect Ilona. Ritsuko's out of her mind, Makoto too." He said. "Let's just get Ilona out of here, and we can solve this later. Her safety is priority right now."

@Ringmaster @Atomyk @Verite @anybody

WBJfeMo.png

"Then again, Boss is right. We have to find Illona and everyone else first. Then we can get back to the chitchat."

glXTgGe.png

"Silent Earth is pretty desolate. We just need someone who can sense aura, karma, life force, or something within living beings in order to sniff them out. Can you do it, Mason?"

@Atomyk @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Minerva @Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Sen @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @everyone​

As before, Lucifer and Saber Alter took their place near the edges of the group. All the better to gauge the reactions of those around them, to sense the mood. This...This was far worse than Lucifer had imagined. The arguments waged would have been enough of a wedge to drive fissures between people.

But when they started going over each others heads openly, leaving their fellows out of the loop? That was an entirely different ballgame and possibly, the very worst idea they could have implemented. Human nature was a universal thing and Lucifer thought back to how he regarded that tidbit, earlier. It would prove to be their undoing now.

You can't just undermine authority before subordinates. The lack of unity alone presents the worst impression. Beyond that...People remember. They won't care you had the best intentions at heart or that you were doing it for the greater good. They won't care what you wanted. They'll just remember that they regarded you as an equal till they dropped you when the big decisions came about and that for all they claimed to hear you, cut you out when it mattered.

He felt immeasurably old right about now. They were right. Nothing harder then peacetime to keep together. Wars were easy- He had done his fair share, both before his multiversal experiences and after. It was easy to fight Them. It was always Us vs Them, the ones who were the monsters, the things. And if there was something the Executor knew?

It was that Us vs Them began the moment one side or another looked upon the other as Things.

For her part, Saber Alter looked upon the group with arms crossed, watching silently with the patience of a serpent. Not a word she spoke, though she tellingly remained in full armor. What was she thinking? Nothing more then the fact that these people, by and large were acting in a manner the homonculi knew all too well. The last time she saw in-fighting on the same scale?

Shortly after, Camelot had fallen.

And in the midst of the rising emotions of panic and fear as the news came in, both Executor and Knight would be unable to do anything about the mist as they both fell unconscious halfway to the door.

When they woke up, it was too familiar settings.

For Lucifer, there was fear.

Despite everything he had faced, yes fear still existed within his heart. But it was an old friend, an emotion he controlled along with the others he possessed. Without fear, you were nothing. Fear was the limiter on problems, it allowed you the moment to assess for risk, to determine if a move was the best thing. Without fear, you would be nothing but a zealot, completely assured you were doing right without fear of the idea you could be wrong. Fear kept him human.

But it had long ago ceased to control him, after everything in his life he had experienced, coupled by faith and knowledge. It was a combination that had always bested baseless fear and that too, was a universal thing. Which was why, Lucifer as soon as he got up began to analyze the surroundings. He was in his home territory, this was the sort of place that made him join his worlds Burial Agency in the first place.

And after making sure the other survivors were alright, he turned his attention to Saber Alter.

Her posture was straight, almost parade-ground stiff as she peered out at the place. There was no fear in her. How could there be, what with her true nature. Here, she was in the best place possible for her to work. It was more then home ground, it was absolute territory. Saber Alter was afraid.

She was happy.

She was home.

And in addition to the groans and whispered conversations would be quiet, peals of laughter from the Black King as she spun on her heel, arms wide and outstretched as a happy smile pervaded her exposed mouth. She knew it was a byproduct of this area and her creation, that some deep part of her would find this place beautiful. She couldn't help it and later, when she was away she'd regret it. But not now.

Not here.

And so she laughed, in the knowledge that in bringing her here, their enemies had made the biggest mistake of their short lives, once she caught up to them. She turned to Lucifer and smiled.

"So my master. The plan?"

Lucifer turned and Saber Alter followed after.

"We're blind, out in the middle of enemy territory and possibly watched. We're going to need scouts, a defensible area for us to contain ourselves and then plan out a rescue mission. Its the only way we're getting out of here."

And so Lucifer turned, Saber Alter at his side as he called out.

"STRIKE TEAM, TO ME!"

The leaders had their play.

Now was time for the front line fighters and agents to begin.

Saber Alter went to look for others, pausing before Corrin and Shizuo as she inclined her head respectfully.

"My master wishes your presence at a council of war please."

She then moved off to repeat the same towards others she believed would also be of use and was familiar with.

@york @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Minerva @The Tactician @Hospes @BarrenThin @Jeremi @C.T. @Crilla @Crimson Spartan @Chewy Rabbits @whoever wants in.​

WBJfeMo.png

"Bright Falls? You mean the thing with the bear and the hotels and bus? They were stopped, right?" Kido asks, "now the only question is how we can repeat that process. Then we're out of here!"
Stiles looked at the man. " Well, we didn't exactly stop it. We escaped Bright Falls before we could be put on a loop over and over again. So, I guess that means we are holding a hero, right? Well, fuck that, I think we should go and find Illona and get the hell out of here," he said to the producer.

Scott turned to the female producer. " I could attempt to smell her out, my werewolf senses might be able to detect her," he said to the others.

@Crow @Atomyk @Verite @others

As before, Lucifer and Saber Alter took their place near the edges of the group. All the better to gauge the reactions of those around them, to sense the mood. This...This was far worse than Lucifer had imagined. The arguments waged would have been enough of a wedge to drive fissures between people.

But when they started going over each others heads openly, leaving their fellows out of the loop? That was an entirely different ballgame and possibly, the very worst idea they could have implemented. Human nature was a universal thing and Lucifer thought back to how he regarded that tidbit, earlier. It would prove to be their undoing now.

You can't just undermine authority before subordinates. The lack of unity alone presents the worst impression. Beyond that...People remember. They won't care you had the best intentions at heart or that you were doing it for the greater good. They won't care what you wanted. They'll just remember that they regarded you as an equal till they dropped you when the big decisions came about and that for all they claimed to hear you, cut you out when it mattered.

He felt immeasurably old right about now. They were right. Nothing harder then peacetime to keep together. Wars were easy- He had done his fair share, both before his multiversal experiences and after. It was easy to fight Them. It was always Us vs Them, the ones who were the monsters, the things. And if there was something the Executor knew?

It was that Us vs Them began the moment one side or another looked upon the other as Things.

For her part, Saber Alter looked upon the group with arms crossed, watching silently with the patience of a serpent. Not a word she spoke, though she tellingly remained in full armor. What was she thinking? Nothing more then the fact that these people, by and large were acting in a manner the homonculi knew all too well. The last time she saw in-fighting on the same scale?

And in the midst of the rising emotions of panic and fear as the news came in, both Executor and Knight would be unable to do anything about the mist as they both fell unconscious halfway to the door.

Despite everything he had faced, yes fear still existed within his heart. But it was an old friend, an emotion he controlled along with the others he possessed. Without fear, you were nothing. Fear was the limiter on problems, it allowed you the moment to assess for risk, to determine if a move was the best thing. Without fear, you would be nothing but a zealot, completely assured you were doing right without fear of the idea you could be wrong. Fear kept him human.

But it had long ago ceased to control him, after everything in his life he had experienced, coupled by faith and knowledge. It was a combination that had always bested baseless fear and that too, was a universal thing. Which was why, Lucifer as soon as he got up began to analyze the surroundings. He was in his home territory, this was the sort of place that made him join his worlds Burial Agency in the first place.

And after making sure the other survivors were alright, he turned his attention to Saber Alter.

Her posture was straight, almost parade-ground stiff as she peered out at the place. There was no fear in her. How could there be, what with her true nature. Here, she was in the best place possible for her to work. It was more then home ground, it was absolute territory. Saber Alter was afraid.

She was happy.

She was home.

And in addition to the groans and whispered conversations would be quiet, peals of laughter from the Black King as she spun on her heel, arms wide and outstretched as a happy smile pervaded her exposed mouth. She knew it was a byproduct of this area and her creation, that some deep part of her would find this place beautiful. She couldn't help it and later, when she was away she'd regret it. But not now.

Not here.

And so she laughed, in the knowledge that in bringing her here, their enemies had made the biggest mistake of their short lives, once she caught up to them. She turned to Lucifer and smiled.

"We're blind, out in the middle of enemy territory and possibly watched. We're going to need scouts, a defensible area for us to contain ourselves and then plan out a rescue mission. Its the only way we're getting out of here."

"STRIKE TEAM, TO ME!"

Saber Alter went to look for others, pausing before Corrin and Shizuo as she inclined her head respectfully.

She then moved off to repeat the same towards others she believed would also be of use and was familiar with.

@york @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Josh M @Minerva @The Tactician @Hospes @BarrenThin @Jeremi @C.T. @Crilla @Crimson Spartan @Chewy Rabbits @whoever wants in.​

Corrin smiled softly and looked at the ground. "I-I'm sorry. I must stay with Robin. We're in enemy territory... It would be dangerous for him to go unguarded."

Robin overheard. He looked over at Corrin and Saber."No, Corrin, go on ahead. I'm a tactician first, remember? I can protect myself."

"Alright, sir." Corrin said as she went to join Lucifer.

@Ringmaster @Strike Team

Robin was... Pissed to say the least. He felt this was an overreach of authority as well as something outside of both his, and Ritsuko's authority. He stepped forward. "This is not your call to make, Ritsuko, nor is it my call. We have the Directives for a reason. We have a balance of powers. An order in which the UN works." He gripped his hand around his hilt before he realized this action was not one befitting the Secretary-General of the UN. "This is a decision for the Security Council to make, Ritsuko. One for them to make, and UNCED to act on. It's an overreach of your authority." At this point Robin was shaking in anger. "I support Kirigiri in this."

When the UN team had been attacked and Ilona taken, Robin was stunned. He dropped his subject. He was ready to go with Corrin and everyone else to solve the situation, and rescue Ilona from the wrong hands.

Robin glanced at Shizuo. "I tried to protect Ilona. Ritsuko's out of her mind, Makoto too." He said. "Let's just get Ilona out of here, and we can solve this later. Her safety is priority right now."

@Ringmaster @Atomyk @Verite @anybody
045.png

"Good... Because if you had pulled a scumbag move like that, you'd be out of an operative and stuck with a shattered jaw."

That was all the bartender felt needed to be said, and so he fell silent once again, watching their surroundings. The town seemed so strange, even given its reputation among the Coalition and the UN forces. He wondered if this was what it would have almost been like if the Reapers won, or even just fully taken over his home.

Then again, that was in the past now. For now, he needed to focus on the present and on helping rescue Ilona.

"So when are we moving out?'

It was a question directed at Robin, Kyoko, and Kieran that escape the blonde. He was in no mood to speak with the other leader of the Coalition if he had a say in it.

@Verite @Atomyk @Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva

Train stood firm the group's new, strange surroundings, his yellow eyes seeming to glint through the fog. He looked around, inching a hand toward the holster continuing his gun.

tumblr_inline_nl0kewvUL91r3leyb.png

Damn, I never even got to finish my conversation with Kyoko.

I guess that doesn't really matter right now anyhow. It looks like we have bigger fish to fry. We need to find that missing girl. In a way, she reminds me of Eve... a destructive girl who others want to keep locked away or just to use for their own benefit.

Train squeezed his holster, his gaze darkening.

tumblr_inline_nl0kd1gnXw1r3leyb.png

That's just too damn cruel. That girl deserves to choose for herself what she'll do with her life, and being captured by people who want to abuse her power sure as hell doesn't need to be a part of it. Whether she's a walking hazard or not, she deserves to be free. So long as she's a decent person with no ill intent, I'll never side with anyone who wants to keep her locked up like an animal...

The ex-assasin pulled out his gun, carrying it by his side. The fog was thick, so he needed to be prepared in case any enemies reared their heads.

tumblr_inline_nl0nyxgMT51r3leyb.png

"Yo, is anyone around? Someone talk to me so I can find you," Train called out, squinting his eyes.

@Verite @Atomyk @Anybody​

She was happy.

She was home.

Not here.

"STRIKE TEAM, TO ME!"

052.png

"Huh... guess that answers my question."

Nodding back to the knight, Shizuo watched as she walked away to rope in a few others to join the fight. It seemed a little weird to him that she was the one delivering messages like this, as if she had a better purpose at the time. Then again, not like he was in charge of the mission.

Walking over to the priest, he stood waiting, watching as the others joined them before speaking.

043.png

"So what's the plan then?"

@Minerva @Ringmaster @Atomyk @Verite

WBJfeMo.png

"Well, talk about an occupational hazard!" Kido says as he looks at his surroundings, looking at everyone. "Based on what you guys say, I don't think Illona just teleported here intentionally, since you know, unlimited explosions and all. Someone is staging this, but let's worry about that later."

glXTgGe.png

"I- I am not a fan of horror movies," Madoka comments as her face started to turn pale. "Silent Earth, huh?"

"This place is giving me the creeps. I can't even tell which country this is!" Kido felt numerous chills down his spine, "come on sister, let's make this Silent Earth a noisy planet!"

"Oh boy."

WBJfeMo.png

WBJfeMo.png

"Then again, Boss is right. We have to find Illona and everyone else first. Then we can get back to the chitchat."

glXTgGe.png

"Silent Earth is pretty desolate. We just need someone who can sense aura, karma, life force, or something within living beings in order to sniff them out. Can you do it, Mason?"

@Atomyk @Verite @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Minerva @Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @Sen @Mason Moretti @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @everyone​
Stiles looked at the man. " Well, we didn't exactly stop it. We escaped Bright Falls before we could be put on a loop over and over again. So, I guess that means we are holding a hero, right? Well, fuck that, I think we should go and find Illona and get the hell out of here," he said to the producer.

Scott turned to the female producer. " I could attempt to smell her out, my werewolf senses might be able to detect her," he said to the others.

@Crow @Atomyk @Verite @others
mfnlLhp.png

Spotting the Producers, Zen paced up to them with a smile. Faces he recognized! "Whew, looks like PD-ssi is safe and sound too," he sighed. "That's good."

Qu894Bp.gif

He listened to Stile with mild fascination. Smell her out? Zen sniffed the air himself. Smelt horrible, that was for sure. And cold, really cold. He rubbed his nose, it was numb. At least he had a coat to keep himself warm. "I'm almost jealous so many people here have abilities." The actor sighed, "Would I be more popular if I had my own...?"
"People don't consider a pretty face an ability..."

@Crow @LuckycooHawk9 @Atomyk @Anyone

Scott would not be able to smell much at all. He would feel as if his senses were clogged.

Makoto reached out toward Bibi, moving quickly to grab him before he could go wandering off into the fog. "The situation is very dangerous! We..." His voice trailed off, fingers slowly relaxing so that his grip on the small boy lessened. "... can't go off alone." He stood and stared in tentative silence, head looking up toward the gloomy skies above. Just how had things come to this?

He turned around, finding faces that stared back at him with looks of malice and fear... despite the situation, the argument from moments before was fresh on everyone's minds. He knew few were thinking highly of him, but that didn't matter, not really... Makoto had to stand by his convictions. He believed in what he felt was the right thing in the end.

"Our strike team is lacking at the moment," Kieran said to Lucifer, sounding rather calm despite his anger moments before. It was a stark contrast to his usual bumbling self. "And unfortunately the group gathered here seems to be a random assortment of our people. Without Wanda, Sorey, or Ludger, we're going to have a tough time." Kieran held out his right hand, flexing his fingers as if wishing he held a weapon. "They want us here for a reason... staging a rescue for Ilona will not come easy."

"Kieran, we shouldn't move from this spot. Wandering out into the fog could get us lost forever. I--"

"Makoto, I'm sorry, but I'm not I want to talk to you right now. I don't even know what you'll do if we find Ilona..."

JL8WyY7.png

"Now is not the time for a debate!"

"No... you're right. That's why Captain-Commander Kieran is going to get us a way out of here. Just give me a moment to think..."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Minerva @Sen @Crow @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @All

Scott would not be able to smell much at all. He would feel as if his senses were clogged.

Makoto reached out toward Bibi, moving quickly to grab him before he could go wandering off into the fog. "The situation is very dangerous! We..." His voice trailed off, fingers slowly relaxing so that his grip on the small boy lessened. "... can't go off alone." He stood and stared in tentative silence, head looking up toward the gloomy skies above. Just how had things come to this?

He turned around, finding faces that stared back at him with looks of malice and fear... despite the situation, the argument from moments before was fresh on everyone's minds. He knew few were thinking highly of him, but that didn't matter, not really... Makoto had to stand by his convictions. He believed in what he felt was the right thing in the end.

"Our strike team is lacking at the moment," Kieran said to Lucifer, sounding rather calm despite his anger moments before. It was a stark contrast to his usual bumbling self. "And unfortunately the group gathered here seems to be a random assortment of our people. Without Wanda, Sorey, or Ludger, we're going to have a tough time." Kieran held out his right hand, flexing his fingers as if wishing he held a weapon. "They want us here for a reason... staging a rescue for Ilona will not come easy."

"Kieran, we shouldn't move from this spot. Wandering out into the fog could get us lost forever. I--"

"Makoto, I'm sorry, but I'm not I want to talk to you right now. I don't even know what you'll do if we find Ilona..."

JL8WyY7.png

"No... you're right. That's why Captain-Commander Kieran is going to get us a way out of here. Just give me a moment to think..."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Bomb @Minerva @Sen @Crow @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @All
025.png

"Just like it wasn't time to debate when you and Ritsuko stepped on everyone's feet about Ilona, huh? I suggest you leave this to the people who actually want to talk and figure this shit out, kid, or else we're gonna do nothing and let those assholes win."

With his piece said to Makoto, Shizuo turned to Kieran and Lucifer with a frown.

"So what's the plan then? We've got to do something, right?"

@Minerva @Ringmaster @Atomyk @Verite

Continued from here.

Chapter Two

kiri006.png

"...?"

kiri030.png

inpqLPl.png

IWtODq3.jpg

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Ahem.

kiri014.png

"..."

hWMU2tw.png

kiri038.png

49NgNeI.png

nyFmcLl.png

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

kiri010.png

xHGEyvj.jpg

9OF792U.png

EPtUVPc.png

"W-What?!"

"... Ahem."

m9LoLNH.png

ZP6DGt5.jpg

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

kiri007.png

Cast List
Fear gripped at Mason's heart. The news about what Makoto and the UN had decided to do had shocked him. He felt it completely unfair to poor Ilona. He knew what it was like to face darkness and despair and he knew Ilona could push through it.

Now, however, a new fear gripped at his heart. Silent Earth, he believed it was called. Even if he hadn't heard its name back at the Command Center, he would have named this world that himself. It was an apt description with the thick, soupy fog, smothering all life within its grasp, covering the area.

Mason had been in similar places before as he had traveled through the multiverse a short while before landing in the Coalition. However, Silent Earth was different. Malevolence permeated the air and Mason could feel it through his aura sense. He wanted to remove the World's Heart from his neck and silence the noise, but this world was too dangerous to risk that. Removing the World's Heart would almost instantly guarantee his fall to darkness.

At their very least, one good thing came of this situation. The rest from passing out for such a long time had given Mason's body time to recover its aura to full strength. However, searching his pockets, he found a lack of his wallet. The only thing in his pockets was the Aura Guidebook, still in Latin, still unable to be read, but still valuable in its secrets.

Train stood firm the group's new, strange surroundings, his yellow eyes seeming to glint through the fog. He looked around, inching a hand toward the holster continuing his gun.

I guess that doesn't really matter right now anyhow. It looks like we have bigger fish to fry. We need to find that missing girl. In a way, she reminds me of Eve... a destructive girl who others want to keep locked away or just to use for their own benefit.

That's just too damn cruel. That girl deserves to choose for herself what she'll do with her life, and being captured by people who want to abuse her power sure as hell doesn't need to be a part of it. Whether she's a walking hazard or not, she deserves to be free. So long as she's a decent person with no ill intent, I'll never side with anyone who wants to keep her locked up like an animal...

The ex-assasin pulled out his gun, carrying it by his side. The fog was thick, so he needed to be prepared in case any enemies reared their heads.

"Yo, is anyone around? Someone talk to me so I can find you," Train called out, squinting his eyes.

Mason heard a voice calling out. He believed in strength in numbers, so he headed towards the voice. If it was an ally, then there would be two. If it was an enemy, his words implied that he was alone, and could be taken down.

Reaching the calling voice's origin, he met its owner, Train. However, he didn't recognize them. Mason, seeing the gun snuggled in Train's holster, formed one of his own out of aura. Cautiously, he called out, "Are you friend or foe to the Coalition?"

Aura Inv: Pistol (10 Ammo)
[BCOLOR=#000000]Aura Power: 100% -> 90%[/BCOLOR]
Pocket Inv: Aura Guide
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Last edited by a moderator:
Continued from here.

Chapter Two

kiri006.png

"...?"

kiri030.png

inpqLPl.png

IWtODq3.jpg

Ak3rjDe.png

"..."

Ahem.

kiri014.png

"..."

hWMU2tw.png

kiri038.png

49NgNeI.png

nyFmcLl.png

"Makoto!"

NoZSSqW.png

kiri010.png

xHGEyvj.jpg

9OF792U.png

EPtUVPc.png

"W-What?!"

"... Ahem."

m9LoLNH.png

ZP6DGt5.jpg

wUGsUZN.png

"..."

kiri007.png

Cast List

Artyom was grateful no one seemed to notice his mini breakdown, either that or they were kind enough not to butt into something so personal. Pathetic, he was 20 years old and he was deathly afraid of rats, not just rats though, mice as well. He had sat and listened to the argument breaking out over what to do with IIona. Personally, it didn't matter what Artyom thought, this was not his fight to take part in....or was it? What would his mother say? What would Alex say? What would......Sasha say?

Maybe it was his problem after all.

Artyom heard Train call out when they all arrived on Silent Earth. Artyom got to his feet and made his way towards Train.

"I'm over here Train, where the hell are you?"

Last edited by a moderator:
"Then we'll improvise Captain-Commander. To do nothing will just give our enemies the time to fulfill their plans without interference. At the least, we have two of them with us." Lucifer looked towards Ruby Rose and Deoxys before adding quietly, eyes glittering with an underlying malice though not directed at anyone here. "And then once we find them, we'll see about returning the favor they paid upon us earlier."

It was bravado. But needful- He didn't need his Damphir senses to detect the mood, so the time was now to act as though he knew what he was doing. If only to help by small degrees. But he hadn't gone through all those previous experiences, just to falter now. Laying down and die was what their enemies wanted.

And that was no option at all.
025.png

"Just like it wasn't time to debate when you and Ritsuko stepped on everyone's feet about Ilona, huh? I suggest you leave this to the people who actually want to talk and figure this shit out, kid, or else we're gonna do nothing and let those assholes win."

With his piece said to Makoto, Shizuo turned to Kieran and Lucifer with a frown.

"So what's the plan then? We've got to do something, right?"
Corrin smiled softly and looked at the ground. "I-I'm sorry. I must stay with Robin. We're in enemy territory... It would be dangerous for him to go unguarded."

Robin overheard. He looked over at Corrin and Saber."No, Corrin, go on ahead. I'm a tactician first, remember? I can protect myself."

"Alright, sir." Corrin said as she went to join Lucifer.
"Several things. Firstly, we're going to need to organize our people. Those who are comfortable in close-range combat and those with ranged capability with our non-combatants and civilians in the middle. We'll move as a group and find a place of shelter- Somewhere out of the open. We don't know if they're watching, but we'll assume they are and prepare for the worst. Beyond that?"

He considered for a moment before adding.

"We have no idea where we are. We're going to need scouts and a way to get our bearing."

"I'll scout."

Saber Alter stepped forward as she spoke, eyes narrowed.

"I am Malevolence incarnate....Its tricks will not work on me as others."

Lucifer nodded in response. "You'll need someone to go with you though."

Saber Alter shrugged. "If someone wishes, I will gladly accept company. But they'll have to keep up in this cursed place."

@Minerva @Atomyk @The Tactician @whoever​

"Then we'll improvise Captain-Commander. To do nothing will just give our enemies the time to fulfill their plans without interference. At the least, we have two of them with us." Lucifer looked towards Ruby Rose and Deoxys before adding quietly, eyes glittering with an underlying malice though not directed at anyone here. "And then once we find them, we'll see about returning the favor they paid upon us earlier."

It was bravado. But needful- He didn't need his Damphir senses to detect the mood, so the time was now to act as though he knew what he was doing. If only to help by small degrees. But he hadn't gone through all those previous experiences, just to falter now. Laying down and die was what their enemies wanted.

And that was no option at all.

"Several things. Firstly, we're going to need to organize our people. Those who are comfortable in close-range combat and those with ranged capability with our non-combatants and civilians in the middle. We'll move as a group and find a place of shelter- Somewhere out of the open. We don't know if they're watching, but we'll assume they are and prepare for the worst. Beyond that?"

He considered for a moment before adding.

"We have no idea where we are. We're going to need scouts and a way to get our bearing."

"I'll scout."

Saber Alter stepped forward as she spoke, eyes narrowed.

"I am Malevolence incarnate....Its tricks will not work on me as others."

Lucifer nodded in response. "You'll need someone to go with you though."

Saber Alter shrugged. "If someone wishes, I will gladly accept company. But they'll have to keep up in this cursed place."

@Minerva @Atomyk @The Tactician @whoever​
At the call to volunteer, Shizuo stepped up and cracked his knuckles in preparation, "I'll do it. I'm stronger than just about everyone here, and I'm quick on my feet and reaction. Should be enough to keep up with you... Actually, what is your name? I don't think I ever caught it."

Fear gripped at Mason's heart. The news about what Makoto and the UN had decided to do had shocked him. He felt it completely unfair to poor Ilona. He knew what it was like to face darkness and despair and he knew Ilona could push through it.

Now, however, a new fear gripped at his heart. Silent Earth, he believed it was called. Even if he hadn't heard its name back at the Command Center, he would have named this world that himself. It was an apt description with the thick, soupy fog, smothering all life within its grasp, covering the area.

Mason had been in similar places before as he had travelled through the multiverse a short while before landing in the Coalition. However, Silent Earth was different. Malevolence permeated the air and Mason could feel it through his aura sense. He wanted to remove the World's Heart from his neck and silence the noise, but this world was too dangerous to risk that. Removing the World's Heart would almost instantly guarantee his fall to darkness.

At their very least, one good thing came of this situation. The rest from passing out for such a long time had given Mason's body time to recover its aura to full strength. However, searching his pockets, he found a lack of his wallet. The only thing in his pockets was the Aura Guidebook, still in Latin, still unable to be read, but still valuable in its secrets.

Mason heard a voice calling out. He believed in strength in numbers, so he headed towards the voice. If it was an ally, then there would be two. If it was an enemy, his words implied that he was alone, and could be taken down.

Reaching the calling voice's origin, he met its owner, Train. However, he didn't recognize them. Mason, seeing the gun snuggled in Train's holster, formed one of his own out of aura. Cautiously, he called out, "Are you friend or foe to the Coalition?"

Aura Inv: Pistol (10 Ammo)
Aura Power: 100% -> 90%
Pocket Inv: Aura Guide
(Large Posts are currently crashing my cell phone. Will format and color on computer, then delete these sentences.)​
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Artyom was grateful no one seemed to notice his mini breakdown, either that or they were kind enough not to butt into something so personal. Pathetic, he was 20 years old and he was deathly afraid of rats, not just rats though, mice as well. He had sat and listened to the argument breaking out over what to do with IIona. Personally, it didn't matter what Artyom thought, this was not his fight to take part in....or was it? What would his mother say? What would Alex say? What would......Sasha say?

Maybe it was his problem after all.

Artyom heard Train call out when they all arrived on Silent Earth. Artyom got to his feet and made his way towards Train.

"I'm over here Train, where the hell are you?"

The Ex-Chronos assassin remained quiet for a moment, honing in on his sense of hearing until he heard two different voices call out to him through the fog. He recognized one, but the other wasn't familiar. "Yo, Arty, I'm over here! I'll keep talking. Just follow the sound of my voice," Train told the male before glancing to the one who had asked if he was a friend of a foe.

tumblr_inline_nl0kms52B41r3leyb.png

"Friend, and yourself?" Train would ask the stranger, keeping a loose grip on his pistol. "I'm Train Heartnet, a fairly new recruit of the Coalition," he decided to add. "But I never expected to end up in a place like this before I was properly... "trained" on what exactly the Coalition needs me to do..."

@Nater Taters @Mason Moretti @Anybody​

She was happy.

She was home.

Not here.

"STRIKE TEAM, TO ME!"

045.png

"Good... Because if you had pulled a scumbag move like that, you'd be out of an operative and stuck with a shattered jaw."

That was all the bartender felt needed to be said, and so he fell silent once again, watching their surroundings. The town seemed so strange, even given its reputation among the Coalition and the UN forces. He wondered if this was what it would have almost been like if the Reapers won, or even just fully taken over his home.

Then again, that was in the past now. For now, he needed to focus on the present and on helping rescue Ilona.

"So when are we moving out?'

It was a question directed at Robin, Kyoko, and Kieran that escape the blonde. He was in no mood to speak with the other leader of the Coalition if he had a say in it.

@Verite @Atomyk @Ringmaster @Gummi Bunnies @Minerva

JL8WyY7.png

kiri011.png

"While your enthusiasm and spirit are appreciated, Agent... Anghelscu, was it? Unless Ruby Rose and Deoxys are enough by themselves, the Strike Team is a bit lacking right now, though... Either way, we should at least wait for the others around to gather their bearings before formulating a plan. If we were brought here deliberately, they may have already developed plans to counteract any that we might come up with," Kyoko would speak up in response to Lucifer, remaining cautious as she'd support her chin with her fist, maintaining a somewhat inquisitive pose.

Her words basically seemed to line up with Kieran's, not just for the absence of most of the Strike Team, but also the possibility that everyone was here for a reason. Here. A place where malevolence could be easily harnessed and used for evil. A place where despair was as natural as air.

"For the time being, I'd suggest instead that we all stick together. No telling what kind of trap or assault the enemy is planning behind the scenes, but we'd be in no shape to spring them immediately in this state," she spoke warily, sighing briefly as she'd purse her lips, troubled by a great many other things.

kiri004.png

"For example..."

Without even bothering to shoot Makoto any sort of look, Kyoko would then proceed to make her way behind the pensive, yet seething Kieran, placing a gloved hand on his shoulder as a gesture to comfort her ally.

"Kieran... You're not the only one in this fight, you know. You don't have anything to prove. We're all in this together. Even..." She began to trail off, her other fist clenching briefly, though the young woman would attempt to refrain from giving in to the fog around, "Even the ones who make it hard to work with. Just... cool off. If not for your own, then for Ilona's. A plan hastily made by a heated mind is nowhere near as effective as one made with a clear head, after all."

@Atomyk @Ringmaster @The Tactician

The Ex-Chronos assassin remained quiet for a moment, honing in on his sense of hearing until he heard two different voices call out to him through the fog. He recognized one, but the other wasn't familiar. "Yo, Arty, I'm over here! I'll keep talking. Just follow the sound of my voice," Train told the male before glancing to the one who had asked if he was a friend of a foe.

"Friend, and yourself?" Train would ask the stranger, keeping a loose grip on his pistol. "I'm Train Heartnet, a fairly new recruit of the Coalition," he decided to add. "But I never expected to end up in a place like this before I was properly... "trained" on what exactly the Coalition needs me to do..."

"Mason Moretti. I'm a fairly new recruit to the Coalition myself. I guess we just haven't met. It's nice to meet you. I didn't know where exactly we'd end up, but this seems to be exactly where I'd end up with how Lady Luck treats me. I'm still worried though. Although I see no need to aim our weapons at each other, they definitely need to be at the ready here."

Mason turns to see Artyom heading towards them. "So, this guy will make three of us... we must have gotten separated from the rest of the group. That's the last thing you want to have happen in a horror movie or horror game scenario, but at least we have strength in the numbers we have."

Aura Inv:
Pistol (10 Ammo)
Aura Power: 90%
Pocket Inv:
Aura Guidebook
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Nater Taters @Anybody

kiri011.png

"While your enthusiasm and spirit are appreciated, Agent... Anghelscu, was it? Unless Ruby Rose and Deoxys are enough by themselves, the Strike Team is a bit lacking right now, though... Either way, we should at least wait for the others around to gather their bearings before formulating a plan. If we were brought here deliberately, they may have already developed plans to counteract any that we might come up with," Kyoko would speak up in response to Lucifer, remaining cautious as she'd support her chin with her fist, maintaining a somewhat inquisitive pose.

Her words basically seemed to line up with Kieran's, not just for the absence of most of the Strike Team, but also the possibility that everyone was here for a reason. Here. A place where malevolence could be easily harnessed and used for evil. A place where despair was as natural as air.

"For the time being, I'd suggest instead that we all stick together. No telling what kind of trap or assault the enemy is planning behind the scenes, but we'd be in no shape to spring them immediately in this state," she spoke warily, sighing briefly as she'd purse her lips, troubled by a great many other things.

kiri004.png

"For example..."

Without even bothering to shoot Makoto any sort of look, Kyoko would then proceed to make her way behind the pensive, yet seething Kieran, placing a gloved hand on his shoulder as a gesture to comfort her ally.

"Kieran... You're not the only one in this fight, you know. You don't have anything to prove. We're all in this together. Even..." She began to trail off, her other fist clenching briefly, though the young woman would attempt to refrain from giving in to the fog around, "Even the ones who make it hard to work with. Just... cool off. If not for your own, then for Ilona's. A plan hastily made by a heated mind is nowhere near as effective as one made with a clear head, after all."

@Atomyk @Ringmaster @The Tactician
He shook his head.

"I'm not asking anyone to storm any strongholds as of yet. From what I recall, Silent Earth is possibly the worst place we could be, in a force like this- But we're going to need every iota of skill and experience we have for this place."

An understatement as it was, considering what exactly this place entailed. It was strong enough that to crack its defenses was to be a point to their meeting before....Alterations. As it were. In force and with careful planning, they may have had a chance but here as they were? The odds were not good. That said, he added more quietly.

"We're sitting ducks as we are though now ma'am. Out in the open for eyes to see is not an experience I care to repeat behind enemy lines. At the least, a defensible shelter would be preferred to remaining here."

@Verite @Atomyk @The Tactician @Minerva

"Ugh...don't call me Arty!" Artyom called back, knowing Train probably wouldn't listen to him. in all honesty, Artyom didn't really care what he was called, it just felt strange having a nickname, everyone back home called him by his full name, well, Anna didn't, she affectionately referred to him as "Rabbit". No way in hell Artyom was gonna let Train know that.

As Train came into view, Artyom noticed he wasn't alone, once he reached the to other men, Artyom drew his revolver, ready to shoot if necassary

"Who's the new guy Train?" He asked

@Mason Moretti

Status
Not open for further replies.