Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 2 – Reach for the Sky

As the final group members that went and started up the generators returned the radio in Carol's hand would wake to life once again.

"Hi again! I see a lot of energy fluctuation in your area. Now you just have to-"

Caira would be cut off mid-sentence as someone else hijacked the line. And he did not sound as nice.

"Hi kiddos, Jack here. See I heard this weird rumor through the grape vine that a bunch of useless yahoos were running around in my city, and I was like well that sounds ridiculous. And then that guy confirmed it again and I shot the guy dead for pissing me off. Now was my face red when he was actually right! No used to cry about spilled milk though amirite? Now that we've chewed the fat this is my message to all of you fucking assholes who think you can just invade my city? I know what you're doing and where you're going and because of that I've sent you a little present...a present that will hang you all up on crosses and then disembowel you so that they can video tape your intestines slowly fall to the ground! But hey if you don't like it, you could always try to get a refund. If all goes well this is the first and only time I have to talk to you damn dirty freedom fighters so...let's hope it all goes well."

The feed would cut and soon they would hear Caira's voice again. "Whoa that was weird, you guys got cut off for a moment...Did I miss something?"

"Someone called Jack took over the feed, he was...quite colorful. And clearly deranged." Symmetra responded.

"Oh no..." Caira did not sound too happy about that. "If he knows about you we got to hurry. You need to get to the Manta Ray Lounge as fast as you can. I'll guide you there."

"Wait a moment." Symmetra interjected. "We have one, possibly two dead men in our group. What are we supposed to do about that?"

"Leave them. If you hang around any longer I guarantee you'll have a lot more dead friends." Caira didn't sound to happy for saying that. The entire group would make their through the areas before standing at the entrance to the Manta Ray Lounge.

7AD426FB3A10C779419BE7D15305BBF19DF87EFB

"You'll find the elevator to the suite in the upper lounge. If you aren't seeing anything that means you beat Jack here, but who knows how long that will last. Good luck."

Cast list:

@A Tiny Fool as Oerba Dia Vanille (Final Fantasy XIII)
@Arcadium as Izuku "Deku" Midoriya (My Hero Academia)
@Archmage Jeremiah as Lady Bow (Paper Mario)
@Atomyk as Carol Peletier (The Walking Dead)
@BarrenThin as Mcree (Overwatch)
@Bomb as Lee Kwang Soo (Running Man)
@Chris Lang as Mystique (Marvel Comics)
@Crimson Spartan as Keaton (Fire Emblem Fates)
@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka (The Idolm@aster)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Soldier 76 (Overwatch)
@C.T. as Gwenpool (Marvel Comics)
@DapperDogman as Jacob Frye (Assassin's Creed Syndicate)
@DBZ7 as F.F. (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 6: Star Ocean)
@Ellya as Evie Frye (Assassin's Creed Syndicate)
@Forrest as Wander (Shadow of the Colossus)
@Gummi Bunnies as Nier (NieR Replicant)
@Gwazi Magnum as Henry Evans - Derrial 'Shepherd' Book (Firefly)
@Hana as Wadanohara (Wadanohara and The Great Blue Sea)

@Indolent as Gregor Eisenhorn (Warhammer 40k)
@Josh M as Ellis (Left 4 Dead 2)
@Kaykay as Samael (Tokyo Babel)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Ayano Aishi (Yandere Simulator)
@Krieg as Lord Tywin Lannister (Game of Thrones)
@Lissamel as Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (Epic Mickey)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scott McCall (Teen Wolf)
@Mighty Roman as Lando Calrissian (Star Wars)
@Minerva as Skyla (Pokemon)
@Nater Taters as Nico Bellic (Grand Theft Auto 4)
@OrlandoBloomers as Helena (Orphan Black)
@Raven as Mabel "Medea" Simmons (Medea Movies series)
@Ringmaster as Lucifer Matthias Anghelscu (OC)
@Ryu Keiko as Wendy Marvell (Fairy Tail)
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as the Joker (DC Comics)
@Sen as Kana (Fire Emblem Fates)
@ShiroKiyoshi as Sean Grant (OC)
@T.O.M. as Winslow Leach aka Phantom (Phantom of the Paradise)
@Takumi as Clare (Claymore)
@Verite as Spider-Gwen (Marvel Comics)
@Xx420BLAZEITxX as Houston (Payday 2)
@Yang Lee as Marquis d'Caliber (Battleborn)
@Yata as Faith Connors (Mirror's Edge Catalyst)
@york as Owlman (DC - Justice League: Crisis of Two Earths)
@Yun Lee as Ty Lee (Avatar the Last Airbender)

Casualties

@Cromartie Sarkissian as Francisco 'Pistols' Scaramanga - Unknown, presumed missing
@The Tactician as Jesse Custer - Dead, gunshot to the head
Those trying to enter the Manta Ray Lounge would be met by a nasty surprise.

A makeshift turret would open fire the moment someone stepped into its line of sight. Once away from it the red light would turn green and the machine went silent again.

"Wait is that gun fire?!" Caira could be heard shouting from the radio. "Did Jack catch up to you guys already?!"
@EVERYONE
Owlman

@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum@Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sen@Sir Nick of Ni @T.O.M. @Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Others Entering Manta Ray Lounge

twnZXct.jpg

Owlman noticed that the turret was already being taken care of as he entered the Manta Ray lounge, so instead of focusing his attention on that turret, he began to look around the area, keeping an eye out for other potential threat, or places of interest; he doubted this was going to be their only encounter with one of these primitive looking, but still very deadly contraptions.​

Last edited:
Mystique just nodded. "Such powers may be needed against the enemy we fight. As long as you keep your promise not to use them on those who have not provoked you."

"I do not believe I've heard of you, either." Mystique said simply. She knew of a great many shows of a great many cultures, but this Running Man that Kwangsoo spoke of did not ring a bell.

"I believe I know all I need to know about your abilities." Mystique nodded.

"Defending and healing? Is that all you can do now?" Mystique asked. "Those abilities will still be useful to the rest of us, nonetheless."

"Perhaps." Mystique said. "But it is better that we know the abilities of the people that have been placed here with the rest of us. Not only because of the murders, but also because we are certain to run into more combat situations. Knowing what the others can do can allow us to coordinate attacks. If we run into enemies more formidable than the Splicers, we will need to know just what we have to combat them."

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Chris Lang @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Bomb @Jeremi
Seeming to come to a decision, Samael's eyes focused on the blue woman, a seemingly perpetual smile on her features. She took a small pause to decide how best to say it.

"Magic, venom, and a scythe? Hehe, yeah, it sounds better if I just say it in threes. Makes it sound like the day dreams of a young girl~"

S7xnDwZ.jpg

Winslow watched with a curious eye as the girl from earlier stared at him. He had been so caught up in his grieving over Jesse's demise that he hadn't been too aware of his surroundings. Not that what people thought of him mattered. He had long since ceased to care about other's opinions on that kind of thing after the woman he loved called him a monster. But the way this girl in particular stared at him. Was..Was that sadness in her eyes? It was the same look Phoenix had when she..She refused to believe that the Phantom who had been terrorizing the Paradise had been the same man who had told her how wonderful of a singer she was. It was that same night that Phoenix ran from him and told Swan where he was so that he could call the cops on him. Obviously, Winslow managed to avoid being captured by the authorities but the damage had been done.

Nobody would feel pity for a person like him and Winslow didn't ask for it in return. He had come to terms with how miserable his life had become. His music had been stolen from him, the woman he loved believed him to have died as an insane murderer, and the one man. The one person who had seen potential in Winslow that the composer would have never imagined he he had? He was dead and a brief glance over his shoulder revealed that his body was being dealt with. Thankfully, without a decapitation and Jesse's soul being devoured to feed some kind of eldritch demon.

But the reality still struck true like a dagger straight into Winslow's heart. Jesse was dead and Winslow hadn't even gotten to say goodbye to him. Just another tally mark on the score that reality seemed to be holding on how often they could drive the point home harder. That Winslow Leach was simply destined to never have one moment of peace. But Winslow was finally shaken from his depressing thoughts as the girl made a offer of him. She wished to heal him? He had seen her do it before and had thought the idea strange. But given everything else that happened, it was a bit silly in hindsight.

"So, you did. Thank you. I'm glad to see she's well."

Again, the distorted voice being gargled through his vocoder was about as monotone as Winslow could get. There was no commitment of any kind of genuine emotion in his words. He had just slapped Samael for her presumed comment against the dead-in this case Jesse Custer. But his thoughts continued to weigh the consideration around. What if Samael was what angels were like? Had he been treating her unfairly then this entire time? Or was his own theory true? That Samael was the odd one out among the angels. That she wasn't living up to her role by considering to help Winslow in his desperate situation. The truth still hadn't made itself clear and perhaps now wasn't the best time to find it out. Turning away from Samael to give Wada his full attention, he'd frown.

"...I appreciate the offer but there's no need to heal me. Nothing can hurt me."

That wasn't true, the curse hadn't completely erased the stinging sensation Winslow got from his burns. But it was the best way of explaining it to this child. If he had told her that it simply didn't matter as he'd die of these wounds sooner rather than later then she would have likely been upset. To do that to a person who seemed so genuine in approaching him? Even Winslow in all of his misery didn't have the heart for something like that. Not wanting Wada to go away without hving felt like she couldn't do anything and genuinely being curious himself, Winslow reached up for his mask.

"...But, I have something you can try to heal. If you want to, that is." Slipping his gloved hands under either side of his mask, Winslow pulled it up. His messy brown hair flowed down now that it wasn't being squished against the inside of his mask. In fact, if Wada were to look at the right half of Winslow's face than she might have been able to tell that he certainly didn't look as intimidating as his outfit would have had one believe. A dark blue eye stared down at the Sea Witch as Winslow tried his best facsimile of a smile. Given his razor sharp metal teeth, it didn't exactly look inviting. Neither did the left side of Winslow's face. Which contained a glassed over 'dead' eye that was nestled in a gruesome looking mess of burned skin tissue.

Lubuk3n.jpg

"..I got this before I got my curse. So, that's why it hasn't faded away like my other wounds. But that magic you used to help my friend. You can use it to heal my face can't you?" Winslow asked, sounding a bit more hopeful than he would have liked. He had his doubts this would have worked. It might have just ended up being a waste of his time and a useless reason for him to have taken off his mask. But if this child's magic was powerful enough than maybe it could help him. Repair some of the damage that Swan's machinations had done to him. "...I don't think you got to hear my name nor I yours, little girl. I'm Winslow."

Ah, that's right. He hadn't dealt with Samael's understandable(?) reaction to him slapping her. Closing his eye, Winslow considered his options. Could he have just blown up on her? Sure, he could have but what effect would that have had? She didn't seem to care for any sort of position of authority, certainly not from Winslow. All it might have done is anger her further and they'd be trapped in the loop of going back and forth with nothing being solved. Not to mention that going straight to yelling while Wada had stood before him waiting to heal him probably wouldn't have looked too good. So, instead Winslow's body seemed to relax and he'd turn to glance down at Samael. before kneeling down to look her straight in the eyes.

"You know as well as I do. I'm in no position to make you do anything you don't want to do. I might not be able to die but I'm sure you'd find a workaround. It's your profession after all." Winslow said although this time he tried to slip in a bit of generosity into his words. Which was easier said than done given the delivery of his vocoder. "But I couldn't stand by and let that go. Not after what's happened. I...I shouldn't have hit you. My anger got the better of me. I'm sorry for that." Winslow's face scrunched up as the stinging from his burns was beginning to act up a bit more than he liked. "But, if you could just do one thing. Don't demean the dead. Least not around me. Is that fair enough?" To Ty Lee, Winslow merely offered an understanding nod. She didn't seem like the type to let stuff bother her too easily. Similar to Samael in that regard he supposed. Though Ty Lee hadn't shown herself to be as brazen to say whatever came to mind regardless of how it sounded unlike a certain angel.

@Hana @Crimson Spartan @Crow @BarrenThin @OrlandoBloomers @Yata @Ringmaster @A Tiny Fool @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @C.T. @Takumi @Chris Lang @Yun Lee @Kaykay @Bomb @Jeremi

He'd be her friend? He wasn't directly talking to her when he said that, but she'd definitely heard it. Samael didn't have much experience with normal social interaction. For a while now, it was basically "fight on sight" for her. As soon as someone saw her, only a few words were exchanged before they engaged in battle, she coming on top. There'd only been one break in that madness, one person who'd promised to be her friend. But he wasn't here now.

Forgetting her silly, smiling facade, the angel shot a serious stare his way, seeming to either not notice or not care about his complaints on her behavior.

"...We're friends?"

Oh yeah, that's right. She came from a totally different place than these guys, no wonder they didn't know how bending worked.

"Well, you see, where I come from, we have people called Benders, who can, um, what's the word...control elements! Like, Airbenders-er, Airbender-controls air and wind, Earthbenders control the ground and rocks, Waterbenders control water and maybe ice? And Firebenders control fire! Though, not everyone can bend, like I can't, so we just find other ways to fight!"

"Winslow...Leach?" That was a weird name, but then again, all these people were different. One woman was blue and could change herself to look like others, one man had a plasma gun and a really weird mask, there was a weird little blob with bows flying around, and then Winslow, with his voice and bird mask, and a weird eye...

Oh! Now she got it! This place felt like the circus! A whole bunch of weird, unique people coming together! Sure, this place was nothing like a circus, but making that connection made her feel a bit more comfortable with the group.

204959190005201.jpg

"Well, Mr. Leach, it's nice to meet you! I'm Ty Lee! And thank you for the help, though you really don't need to apologize!"

"Oh, we just call that magic."

Samael seemed a little disappointed.

A makeshift turret would open fire the moment someone stepped into its line of sight. Once away from it the red light would turn green and the machine went silent again.

"Wait is that gun fire?!" Caira could be heard shouting from the radio. "Did Jack catch up to you guys already?!"
@EVERYONE

"Oh new guys huh?" The driver asked. "Well you're in luck fellas, I also work as a tour guide! Ask me anything you want and I'm gonna do my darn best to answer ya!"

@Cromartie Sarkissian @The Tactician
"Did you guys name a turret Jack?"

@Manta Ray lounge​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
And then that happened, Lucifer gritting his teeth and rushing forward, hands full of his weapons as he deflected bullets and took hits, to prevent anyone caught in the gunfire as well as to slash the turret in two.

If successful he'd stagger and pant with effort, his energy stores powering his regeneration as he leaned on its remains.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Verite @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers @Everyone
Symmetra realizing what Lucifer was doing would have been fast to spring up a shield around the man, though it seemed like had still been hit by a few of the bullets.

But it seemed the gun fire slowed him down because.

Snagging a smoke bomb from Evie's belt while everyone was distracted, Jacob would take a deep breath, rolling it down the corridor slowly, before joining Lucifer in his push toward the turret
"You're bloody mental!" he shouts over the gunfire, aiming to slide to the base of the turret, and tip it backwards, to disable it without destroying the machinery, if possible
That is assuming he got there before Lucifer slashed it in two

@Ringmaster
@Jeremi
@Ellya
Jacob would have been successful and tipped it, though even if it was for the time being staring harmlessly up into the ceiling if its sensor was tripped it would no doubt start firing again.

"You bloody idiots!" Symmetra snapped at the two of them. "If something is firing at you, you take cover or runaway. Not run into it like simpletons!"

"Eeeeeeeeeeey I liked that adventure. A decent run, kinda figured Cosmic Spidey would have been a bit(lot) more badass but I guess that'd not do good for the suspense. Superior Spidey had dat punch coming for THE LONGEST time so that was catharsis in its purest form. Oh ohh and I also enjoyed--"

"FUCKING JESUS CHRIST!"

She hit the ground hard, dropping as fast as she could to avoid the gunfire. Adrenaline pumping like there was no tomorrow, she rapidly scooted until she was safely out of range and took a deep breath. "I suppose I should have seen that one comin--" Gwen quieted down as she stared at her arm. Since when was my costume red? I don't recall asking Ronnie for that color...or for it to be really warm--oh.

Ohhhhhhhhh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

9PGssW8.jpg

@Jeremi @Verite @Ringmaster @Takumi @OrlandoBloomers @Gwazi Magnum @Manta Ray Lounge​
And the wounded seemed to be piling up. "Would someone with medical skills please look over our wounded?"

"What's going on out there?" Caira would ask again from the radio.

"A crude automatic turret surprised us as we stepped into the Lounge, but it has been neutralized."

"Oh...any wounded?"

"At least two."

"Geez...well if the turret's still functional you could try and hack it. It's pretty simple all you have to do is get on the back and switch out the blue and green wires and you should get yourself your very own turret! You can do that to pretty much any of the devices you'll stumble upon. If you ask me that's a pretty big design flaw."

Owlman

@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum@Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sen@Sir Nick of Ni @T.O.M. @Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Others Entering Manta Ray Lounge

twnZXct.jpg

Owlman noticed that the turret was already being taken care of as he entered the Manta Ray lounge, so instead of focusing his attention on that turret, he began to look around the area, keeping an eye out for other potential threat, or places of interest; he doubted this was going to be their only encounter with one of these primitive looking, but still very deadly contraptions.​
Owlman would have to follow a rather long corridor walking past a giant aquarium built into the wall as he went along and find himself in what he could assume was the reception area of the lounge.

On the desk he would find another audio log and a peculiar looking weapon.

Or that's what he assumed it was at least.

If he or someone else moved up the stairs nearby they would find themselves in the main lounge are.

If they walked to the railing they could get a good look of the entire main area.

The Manta Ray Lounge seemed to be a rather large establishment with more than enough space for the group to travel with out bumping into each other too much.​

@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sen @Sir Nick of Ni @T.O.M. @Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @york @Others Entering Manta Ray Lounge

Last edited by a moderator:
52b0b6e5470b5f2adf92806187b4c537.jpg

Medea wasn't sure if the man who took over meant to or not but was pretty upset with him. "Who was that man?" She asked first heading quickly to the Manta Ray Lounge and soon was entering it. "He just assumes we invaded this city. Well I don't know why the Hell I'm even here." Medea seemed to be having an outrage and probable shouldn't be bothered till she's was over with it. "Then what the Hell does he mean by freedom fighters? Hu I haven't seen any. Hell to the no he better speak to us again I have a few questionsss for him." Medea finally began to look around seeing she had walked all the way to the main area of the Manta Ray Lounge her eyes taking in the view. "Aww now ain't this lovely. You can see the whole room from here." She called.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Atomyk @york @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chris Lang @Archmage Jeremiah @A Tiny Fool @Bomb @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Verite @T.O.M. @Ringmaster @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Sen @Mighty Roman @EVERYONE basically​

As the final group members that went and started up the generators returned the radio in Carol's hand would wake to life once again.

"Hi again! I see a lot of energy fluctuation in your area. Now you just have to-"

Caira would be cut off mid-sentence as someone else hijacked the line. And he did not sound as nice.

"Hi kiddos, Jack here. See I heard this weird rumor through the grape vine that a bunch of useless yahoos were running around in my city, and I was like well that sounds ridiculous. And then that guy confirmed it again and I shot the guy dead for pissing me off. Now was my face red when he was actually right! No used to cry about spilled milk though amirite? Now that we've chewed the fat this is my message to all of you fucking assholes who think you can just invade my city? I know what you're doing and where you're going and because of that I've sent you a little present...a present that will hang you all up on crosses and then disembowel you so that they can video tape your intestines slowly fall to the ground! But hey if you don't like it, you could always try to get a refund. If all goes well this is the first and only time I have to talk to you damn dirty freedom fighters so...let's hope it all goes well."

The feed would cut and soon they would hear Caira's voice again. "Whoa that was weird, you guys got cut off for a moment...Did I miss something?"

"Someone called Jack took over the feed, he was...quite colorful. And clearly deranged." Symmetra responded.

"Oh no..." Caira did not sound too happy about that. "If he knows about you we got to hurry. You need to get to the Manta Ray Lounge as fast as you can. I'll guide you there."

"Wait a moment." Symmetra interjected. "We have one, possibly two dead men in our group. What are we supposed to do about that?"

"Leave them. If you hang around any longer I guarantee you'll have a lot more dead friends." Caira didn't sound to happy for saying that. The entire group would make their through the areas before standing at the entrance to the Manta Ray Lounge.

"You'll find the elevator to the suite in the upper lounge. If you aren't seeing anything that means you beat Jack here, but who knows how long that will last. Good luck."

Cast list:

Casualties

@Cromartie Sarkissian as Francisco 'Pistols' Scaramanga - Unknown, presumed missing
latest

Slightly downcast, Wadanohara had rejoined her friends Mirei and Kana, as well as Keaton, after she had to beat a hasty retreat. The others had begun moving on and she couldn't be parted from the other two younger girls in this group, and with one despairing, worried look at Winslow, the tiny witch hurried on to keep in stride with her two friends. They walked together to Manta Ray Lounge, the witch's mind remaining on the unfortunate composer all the while. Why couldn't she heal him? Staring at her small white hands, one gripping her staff, the young witch's mind raced with different thoughts and worries.

She only looked up at Mirei and Kana when she heard the voice, eyes widening at the audible threat in the new person. "Mirei, Kana..." The witch trailed off.

@EVERYONE

"Oh new guys huh?" The driver asked. "Well you're in luck fellas, I also work as a tour guide! Ask me anything you want and I'm gonna do my darn best to answer ya!"

dpeyrHi.webp

"I think I just got these powers. I have no idea how or why they work..." Mirei speaks. "Play guitar, and poof, attack. It just... came out of nowhere. It just... came to me when I was attacked by those mannequins."

That was, indeed, pretty accurate.​

iPlzNRf.webp

"Now that I think of it, why can't the Korean guy speak like the rest of us?" Mirei notes how Kwangsoo wasn't speaking properly. "I'm speaking Japanese, most of you guys are probably speaking English and Keaton and Kana are probably speaking... Nohrian or Hoshidan, they call it? If our speech is translated for everyone to understand each other, why am I hearing his native language loud and clear?"

Mirei was catching on pretty fast.

Ah, just like her Producer, breaking metaphorical walls that metaphorically represent the viewer.

Nevertheless, Mirei follows everyone to the Manta Ray Lounge.

iPlzNRf.webp

"Were all the good animals taken for other lounges?" Mirei ponders. "With all this underwater-themed naming, there better be a place with 'Stargazer' in its name."​

dpeyrHi.webp

"This is not good..." Mirei shakes her head as she strums her guitar. "Huh? Why isn't it working? It worked back then..."

Just what was halting her capabilities?

"Let me try this again... IN... VAAAAADE!!!!"

With two strums with that last word, the spray of bullets stopped mere centimetres before Mirei, falling down as if a temporary barrier was formed. The second strum allowed a wave of energy to cut bullets nearer to the source, but not reaching said source, as if this supposed barrier rushed forward to destroy these bullets. This gave time for others to escape.

iPlzNRf.webp

"Kana, Wadanohara, DUCK!"

Following that, Mirei grabs the two young ones to roll away from the contraption's line of sight.

dpeyrHi.webp

"That was close. I think I can use that move to destroy the gatling gun, but I have to do it without the gun shooting at me, or us for that matter."

Interactions:

@Sen @Hana @Crimson Spartan @Yata @Bomb

GM tags:

@Jeremi
XojNNJc.png

"???!!!" The witch hadn't anticipated the sudden sound of gunfire, coming from ahead of where they were going towards. She felt an arm wrap abruptly around her shoulders, holding her against another person before they flung themselves away form the contraption's trajectory. Wadanohara only realized it was Mirei when she opened her eyes again, only to end up looking at the other girl's pretty pink shit. "T-thank you, Mirei. That was so sudden." Her heart still pounded at how sudden and without warning that was for her. Had she really been that lost in thought?

sBkB9YK.png

She was happily following the group, keeping up with them and trying her best to not fall behind. They had to quickly get to this new place and explore before that weirdo on the button box got to them. The carefreeness of the skip in her step faltered, however, when she heard rapid loud noises from a weird metal thing in the corner. Instead of leaping out of the way, Kana covered her eyes with an expression of shock, surprise and momentary fear.

Kana crouched down, rolling away from the metal monster with Mirei and Wadanohara. Whenever the light was green, there were no sounds. But once someone stepped close to it, it did the 'bang' thing again! It looked like some people got hurt. "I- I don't think a dragon can stop that metal monster..."

@Crow @Hana @T.O.M. @Jeremi @Yata @Bomb @Crimson Spartan
latest

"I don't know what it is, either," Wadanohara admitted hesitantly to the two, glancing over at Kana to make sure she was alright. "Kana, promise me you won't use your dragon form to stop anything like that." She reached out and took the young girl's hand in hers, shaking her head in worry. "If it really can't stop that, I don't want you to get hurt. I'll try to erect a barrier around us three if it feels like we're getting into danger, okay?" Reaching into her pack quickly, she rummaged around for a candy and popped it into her mouth after unwrapping, letting the sweetness spread on her tongue and the candy to rejuvenate her. If only even slightly. The pain in her head had somehow increased, or maybe it was just her, after her attempt to help Winslow.

She had to go up to him and apologize once again, later on. The witch had really wanted to help him, but with that... someone forcing her back, she couldn't even do anything for the man. It was more than just a little upsetting, considering all that the witch had gone through in the past hours and days. Fighting against Tosatsu kingdom soldiers, then the Pearl breaking and her waking up here... Shaking her head to brush off the somber train of thought she was heading down on, Wadanohara cleared her expression. Now was not the time to make others worry about her.

Holding her staff firmly in her hands in front of her, the witch nodded at Mirei with a serious expression. "I'll do my best to cover us." She was going to be ready for the next time anything would come at them.

@Sen @Crow @T.O.M. @Crimson Spartan @Jeremi @everyone?

"Marvellous" Scaramanga replied, extinguishing his half blowed cigar beneath his shoe. Exhaling the last of the smoke out through his nostrils, he continued-

"Now, kind sir. I would like you to tell us everything-everything from the very beginning of this institution until today- starting with where we are, and who the 'Fallen-Whoever is".
He reached into his inner breast pocket, removing an alligator skin wallet. Both Scaramanga and the man had been lived in what appeared to be relatively similar eras- the 1920s, and the ambiguous late 1800s they were wandering through. Thus, when he slid the man 200 pounds in the form of a large, crisp paper note, he would have been none the wiser to its origin; with any luck, he would see the number "200" before he saw "Commissioned 1924"

With the highest subtly he could muster, he placed the money on the man's counter.

Who knows? Maybe the gesture would earn him merits above mere information? Free travel, perhaps? Despite meaning nothing to the billionaire, 200 pounds might actually make a man's day-- where he came from, that money was a homeloan and a half

"You see, me and my..." Francisco paused, unable to give a title to the priest that would aptly portray the lack of regard he help for him. On the end, he settled for his birth name "Jesse...were just in an underwater city; we got a tad lost. This area seems nice enough, though- we...I may consider buying some real estate around here..."
(Mobile post)
The driver would decline the money. "Nah ain't going to take your hard earned money. Besides, we use our own currency here!" He laughed. "From the start huh? Well that's quite a lot but I'll see if I can help ya two with that.

Well as you might've already guessed Columbia is a city floating in the sky. It was commissioned by the United States government and founded by Zachary Hale Comstock, the false prophet, as a symbol of American political and religious ideals. The city stays afloat thanks for a science broad by the name of Rosalind Lutece. The city was completed in 1893, and seceded from the United States in 1902. We're gonna have a 60th anniversary celebrating that next year." He replied.

If either two looked through the window of the blimp they'd have a rather beautiful view on their hands.

latest

"But yeah from there Comstock lead this place up to two years ago. Cause despite the fact that this place was supposed to be a Utopia there's been a number of revolts that the working class and poor tried to do and they always got slammed down. That's until the doctor and the monarch showed up rallying everyone under them and toppling the False Prophet Comstock and electing a two leader system with them in charge. And I got to tell ya things have been goin' pretty okay. There's just those crazy cultists of Rust running around but other than that. It's pretty fine. Was that a good enough explanation or do ya want somethin' more?"

Cast list:

Casualties

Mystique had no words for this. Anything she said would be stating the obvious. This Jack, whoever he was, was obviously deranged. Whether he had anything to do with their being here in the first place was difficult to say. But he was likely a very dangerous man indeed.

Mystique followed the others to the Manta Ray Lounge. However, her years of experience told her something was ... off. And sure enough...

@EVERYONE
And then that happened, Lucifer gritting his teeth and rushing forward, hands full of his weapons as he deflected bullets and took hits, to prevent anyone caught in the gunfire as well as to slash the turret in two.

If successful he'd stagger and pant with effort, his energy stores powering his regeneration as he leaned on its remains.

@Jeremi @Takumi @Verite @Indolent @OrlandoBloomers @Everyone
"CRAP! KWANGSOO GET BACK!" Faith jumped and instinctively ducked behind a barricade in an attempt to get away from the turret's line of sight. "That Jack guy is seriously deranged."

She overheard the radio, in which Caira talked in a very distressed tone. "I don't think he caught up," Faith responded. "In fact, I think he's one step ahead. We went right into his trap."

@Bomb @Jeremi @TORBJORN CALM YOUR TITS
Mystique had taken cover right away, and was behind the same barricade Faith was using. She was fairly sure Faith was right. This Jack was likely the one who had set up the machine gun trap, unless the timing of the interruption was coincidental.

She hit the ground hard, dropping as fast as she could to avoid the gunfire. Adrenaline pumping like there was no tomorrow, she rapidly scooted until she was safely out of range and took a deep breath. "I suppose I should have seen that one comin--" Gwen quieted down as she stared at her arm. Since when was my costume red? I don't recall asking Ronnie for that color...or for it to be really warm--oh.

Ohhhhhhhhh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

9PGssW8.jpg

@Jeremi @Verite @Ringmaster @Takumi @OrlandoBloomers @Gwazi Magnum @Manta Ray Lounge[/CENTER]
Owlman

twnZXct.jpg

Mystique chose to follow Owlman. Owlman's approach to the situation was one she could respect.

Symmetra realizing what Lucifer was doing would have been fast to spring up a shield around the man, though it seemed like had still been hit by a few of the bullets.

Jacob would have been successful and tipped it, though even if it was for the time being staring harmlessly up into the ceiling if its sensor was tripped it would no doubt start firing again.

"You bloody idiots!" Symmetra snapped at the two of them. "If something is firing at you, you take cover or runaway. Not run into like simpletons!"

And the wounded seemed to be piling up. "Would someone with medical skills please look over our wounded?"

"A crude automatic turret surprised us as we stepped into the Lounge, but it has been neutralized."

"Oh...any wounded?"

"At least two."

"Geez...well if the turret's still functional you could try and hack it. It's pretty simple all you have to do is get on the back and switch out the blue and green wires and you should get yourself your very own turret! You can do that to pretty much any of the devices you'll stumble upon. If you ask me that's a pretty big design flaw."

Owlman would have to follow a rather long corridor walking past a giant aquarium built into the wall as he went along and find himself in what he could assume was the reception area of the lounge.

If he or someone else moved up the stairs nearby they would find themselves in the main lounge are.

If they walked to the railing they could get a good look of the entire main area.

The Manta Ray Lounge seemed to be a rather large establishment with more than enough space for the group to travel with out bumping into each other too much.​

@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sen @Sir Nick of Ni

[COLOR=#0000ff]"So far, so good."[/COLOR] Mystique said. [COLOR=#0000ff]"But we should not let our guard down until we have thoroughly searched this area and deemed it safe. In the meantime, we should[U][B] listen to this latest audio log[/B][/U]."[/COLOR]

@T.O.M.
@Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @york @Others Entering Manta Ray Lounge

• Love
Reactions: C.T.

"You bloody idiots!" Symmetra snapped at the two of them. "If something is firing at you, you take cover or runaway. Not run into it like simpletons!"

"Oh...any wounded?"

"At least two."

@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sen @Sir Nick of Ni @T.O.M. @Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @york @Others Entering Manta Ray Lounge
Jacob frowns at Symmetra's harsh judgement. If people had lingered back when suppressed by the gunfire, they would have been caught up to by whatever Jack was sending their way
At least he created some smoke to cover his ass as he moved in for the disabling blow

Shaking his head, he'd remove his jacket and smother the sensor with it as he began trying to unload it, checking for any way he could possibly remove the mounted gun. Something like this would really help if they set up another fallback point further on, a mounted gun would prove invaluable in a defensive line

"If anyone's got any tools, I'm thinking we can take this gun for the next stop we make" he looks for 76 and McCree, sure that with their combat prowess, they'd be able to either back him up, or let him know it was a fruitless task

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@BarrenThin
@Jeremi

Reactions: Takumi
Mystique had no words for this. Anything she said would be stating the obvious. This Jack, whoever he was, was obviously deranged. Whether he had anything to do with their being here in the first place was difficult to say. But he was likely a very dangerous man indeed.

Mystique followed the others to the Manta Ray Lounge. However, her years of experience told her something was ... off. And sure enough...

Mystique had taken cover right away, and was behind the same barricade Faith was using. She was fairly sure Faith was right. This Jack was likely the one who had set up the machine gun trap, unless the timing of the interruption was coincidental.

Mystique chose to follow Owlman. Owlman's approach to the situation was one she could respect.

[COLOR=#0000ff]"So far, so good."[/COLOR] Mystique said. [COLOR=#0000ff]"But we should not let our guard down until we have thoroughly searched this area and deemed it safe. In the meantime, we should[U][B] listen to this latest audio log[/B][/U]."[/COLOR]

@T.O.M.
@Takumi @Verite @Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @york @Others Entering Manta Ray Lounge

This particular audio log was titled Concerns.

*Click*

icon-square.jpg

"Reyna Valeria here, found this handy thing and figured I'd keep myself a diary for whatever reason, cause talking to yourself isn't weird at all right? Anyway that little speech sounds peachy enough, but I don't trust that smug Irish face. There's something more goin' on here and I can feelit. Guess I just have to keep my eyes and ears open. Not like some in our group aren't any shadier...Especially that Jack guy. You could say I'm a bit...concerned."

*Click*​

He sounded hopeful, more hopeful than he probably was trying to let on. She thought to herself on what to do. The burned tissue on the side of his face was something that had already happened a long time ago, and what could she do for his eye? Healing old injuries, the older they were, got more and more improbable the longer it had been since the time it happened. Wadanohara might have been able to heal fresh burns, even the severe ones, but Winslow's scarring was something she hadn't tackled before. It was in times like these she wished she was like the Great Witch, who had a spell for every need and a potion or elixir for every hurt and illness. That witch might have been able to do something for Winslow with ease.

The disfigurement was clearly something that would mean a lot for Winslow if she managed to heal it. That was enough reason to try.

She waited as he spoke to Samael first before approaching him and touching him tentatively. "Let me try," the witch said quietly. Holding her staff, she closed her eyes and focused on the spellcasting. There was a bell-like sound as the staff glowed once again, before she opened her eyes and directed the spell towards Winslow. "Please work," she whispered. The spell brought with it that distinctive sea scent, along with the cooling feeling of water as it settled on the composer's face. But there was something... Something was stopping her from healing him.

"I...Is everything okay??"

No. They weren't, he was Winslow Leach after all. Things just couldn't seem to go right for them. No matter how much either side may have wanted things to. He could feel the water brushing against his burns. The cool feel of the water helped to soften some of the stinging from the burns. But it didn't take long for Winslow to notice that's all that was happening. The burns weren't getting any better, they weren't vanishing. He was still blind in his left eye.

"I...I thought you said your magic could help me!"

It was his own fault for getting too excited over a possbility that might not have been worth it. As it turned out, his gut feeling was right. If it looked too good to be true than it probably was. As the witch fell to her knees, Winslow immediately reached out to steady her. Only to stop as she asked that question. Pulling his hands back, Winslow slowly but surely nodded.

"...Someone did curse me and I allowed it. To save the woman that I loved." He explained. He really didn't feel inclined to rattle on about how his relationship with Phoenix had turned as sour as it had. He was too busy mentally scolding himself for even having thought that Wada's water would have done the trick. Swan had purposefully made the contract after Winslow had already been grievously injured so that the contract would have had no way to heal it. Yet another thing that had been dangled in front of him only to have been snatched away by Swan. Reaching down to pick up his mask, Winslow didn't look at Wada as he spoke up again. He couldn't bare to look at false hopes.

nOowrRc.jpg

"...I guess it's true what they say. You can't fix what's eternally broken." Letting his cape flourish behind him, Winslow slipped his mask back on and turned to leave Wada's company without so much as another word from him. Winslow Leach seemed like the universe's punchline and nobody could resist telling it over and over and over again!
He'd be her friend? He wasn't directly talking to her when he said that, but she'd definitely heard it. Samael didn't have much experience with normal social interaction. For a while now, it was basically "fight on sight" for her. As soon as someone saw her, only a few words were exchanged before they engaged in battle, she coming on top. There'd only been one break in that madness, one person who'd promised to be her friend. But he wasn't here now.

Forgetting her silly, smiling facade, the angel shot a serious stare his way, seeming to either not notice or not care about his complaints on her behavior.

"...We're friends?"
wuFsda2.jpg

Winslow wouldn't have been able to get very far before Samael addressed him again. Once more, she surprised him with her reaction. Her demeanor seemed to resemble the one she had back at Swan's studio when she asked him that fateful question. Now, she was showing that side of herself again and with a question that was equally as poignant. Truth be told, Winslow had just mentioned they were friends to sate Wada's curiosity. If the Sea Witch wanted to believe the two of them were friends then so be it. Winslow couldn't be arsed to worry about something like that. But the reaction she had to that quick and simple phrase.

She seemed concerned, almost as if what Winslow said next was the most serious thing in the world.

But they certainly weren't friends. At least not the traditional sense, anyhow. Winslow doubted most friendships started off with one summoning the other friend down from what Winslow presumed to be Heaven to help them in a moment of crisis. But maybe things were different with Samael. So many things seemed to be that way. If he were to tell her no, would she have cared? Would she have just simply uttered an 'oh, I thought so' and went about her business? She didn't seem like the type to let the little stuff bother her too much.

But if he said yes then what kind of implications did that bring? Would he have to stand by and idly watch as she did things like threatening people for little to no reason? Not that he was much better in that regard with his unsettling temper.

After what felt like an eternity of thinking it over, Winslow finally came to a decision.

"Of course we are. Truth be told, I couldn't think of a reason why we wouldn't be friends."

Was it a lie? Winslow genuinely couldn't tell. He hadn't meant to simply satisfy Samael's question with his answer. But rather give her something to think about and maybe giv Winslow time to think about it as well. Whatever the case ended up being, the group was moving on and Winslow didn't have any urge to stay behind. "Come on then, we can talk more later if you want."

"Oh...any wounded?"

"At least two."

FO4NXcS.jpg

As the group reached their latest destination in the Manta Ray Lounge, Winslow didn't seem all that perturbed as the turret started to open fire. It's likely a few bullets managed to easily puncture Winslow's costume and come out through the back. The wounds would have bled like any other wound but for the same reason that Winslow hadn't been intimidated by Scaramanga and his Golden Gun. Winslow was already going to die from his other wounds. What would a little extra lead in his diet do? Watching as those less fortunate than him ended up getting injured, including the talkative girl from before, Winslow frowned.

He was trained in music, not medicine. So a frown was all he could offer before making his way towards the turret now that Jacob had downed it. Drawing his knife from the sheath he kept it in, he'd glance down at the gun.

"You heard the voice on the radio didn't you? We could turn this turret into our own. Leave it around here to make sure things like those splicers don't follow us."The more Winslow thought about it actually. "Or to help an escape from this place if we need to make one. Move over, I'll get inside the back of this thing.." Winslow muttered as he tried to go about the hacking process with this turret.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Atomyk @york @Crimson Spartan @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chris Lang @Archmage Jeremiah @A Tiny Fool @Bomb @Crow @C.T.@DapperDogman @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Raven @Ringmaster @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay @Sen @Mighty Roman @EVERYONE basically

Clare wish she could of had time to answer but then those Turrets started attacking. Once it was over though, she remained tense.

"Oh...any wounded?"

"At least two."

At Symmetra's tone, the Claymore looked to her. She didn't necessarily like her tone either, but said nothing of it.

"I apologize for Lucifer. He likes things done quick and efficient. We usually take out enemies together, and that includes getting in their line of fire at times to make sure others stay safe..." she would pause and look to Lucifer then.

"Don't overdo it. I don't want a dead partner no more than an injured one that can't regenerate." she said, voice low and a bit strained. Worried. She was growing worried. Funny, she was sure that compared to the other Claymores they would expect the same thing Lucifer did from her most likely.

She went to check his wounds.

"As for your question earlier Lucifer, I'm holding up okay. You and those children are keeping me strong. Some of these humans though...I'm not used to them compared to the ones back in my world. And compared to those at The Torch they vary in their..."friendliness"..." she sighed, voice returning to it's usual bluntness. She'd stick closer to him. She would watch his back when possible, while also keeping an eye on the children.

"Hm. Next time an offensive fighter is needed, let me do it. You need to rest and I am more than capable with as little injuries that I have." she added, silver looking into red before breifly flashing to gold, cat like, before returning to their grey depths.

Something was bothering her deep down. And it was the threat that Jack man had made, about their intestines. Due to her permanent scar starting from the neck down and the fact that she had been impaled once (and was told to be careful not to have it happen again) it bothered her greatly. Though, she didn't let it show on her features or through her body language.

@Ringmaster @Crow @Sen @Crimson Spartan @Hana @BarrenThin @Yun Lee @Chris Lang @Jeremi @CrunchyCHEEZIT @anybody I'm missing @EVERYONE

Last edited:

Cast list:

Casualties

@EVERYONE

"Oh...any wounded?"

"At least two."

It wasn't really what Ty Lee wanted to do, just leaving the bodies lying there, but that guy on the radio was downright terrifying. She really hoped he wasn't talking about them, but aftee everything and everyone's reactions, it was clear he was. As a result, Ty Lee headed for the Manta Ray Lounge like the others.

Fortunately, she had gotten there just as the turret had been knocked down, and while people were figuring out what to do. She decided to investigate upstairs in order to find anything worth finding.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ringmaster @Sen @C.T. @T.O.M. @DapperDogman @Bomb @Crow @Raven @Chris Lang @york @AnyoneReally

@EVERYONE

1DIbH8W.png

Alright, that's definitely my Spider-Se--Whoaaa!

As soon as she would come into the turret's line of sight, Gwen would just barely manage to web zip herself onto a nearby wall, safely getting herself out of the way of the gunfire. She was about to shoot some web balls at the turret, but it seemed that the others had managed to take care of the machine in the meantime.

EPtUVPc.png

"Damn, this guy really is out of his mind! Y'know, why can't we ever come across a supervillain that's perfectly in his mind? Though... I guess someone with a right mind wouldn't be a villain at all..."

When Caira would speak of hacking the turret, however, Gwen decided to let the others handle that... though she'd be okay with no one doing the hacking at all. Even if they had already made enemies here in this mysterious place, she'd rather not incapacitate them by way of mowing them down, Clint Eastwood style.

Then again, they had like two Clint Eastwood types in the group, so maybe it was unavoidable either way.

With that, she'd follow Owlman and Mystique, but honestly decided to keep her distance from them. The two of them let off some sort of... oddly sinister aura, as though they were out-of-their-mind supervillains from their own home worlds. The woman who called herself Mystique had a vaguely familiar mien to her, as though she were from the same world, if not at least general universe, but she couldn't exactly tell for sure. Still, she was just gonna go ahead and... yeah.

That said, as she and the others would listen in on the audio log, Gwen would decide to carefully investigate the weapon in order to see if it had any significance.

@Chris Lang @york @Jeremi @DBZ7 @Lounge peeps

"You bloody idiots!" Symmetra snapped at the two of them. "If something is firing at you, you take cover or runaway. Not run into like simpletons!"

"Oh...any wounded?"

"At least two."

"So far, so good." Mystique said. "But we should not let our guard down until we have thoroughly searched this area and deemed it safe. In the meantime, we should listen to this latest audio log."

@T.O.M.
It wasn't really what Ty Lee wanted to do, just leaving the bodies lying there, but that guy on the radio was downright terrifying. She really hoped he wasn't talking about them, but aftee everything and everyone's reactions, it was clear he was. As a result, Ty Lee headed for the Manta Ray Lounge like the others.

Fortunately, she had gotten there just as the turret had been knocked down, and while people were figuring out what to do. She decided to investigate upstairs in order to find anything worth finding.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ringmaster @Sen @C.T. @T.O.M. @DapperDogman @Bomb @Crow @Raven @Chris Lang @york @AnyoneReally
1DIbH8W.png

Alright, that's definitely my Spider-Se--Whoaaa!

As soon as she would come into the turret's line of sight, Gwen would just barely manage to web zip herself onto a nearby wall, safely getting herself out of the way of the gunfire. She was about to shoot some web balls at the turret, but it seemed that the others had managed to take care of the machine in the meantime.

EPtUVPc.png

"Damn, this guy really is out of his mind! Y'know, why can't we ever come across a supervillain that's perfectly in his mind? Though... I guess someone with a right mind wouldn't be a villain at all..."

When Caira would speak of hacking the turret, however, Gwen decided to let the others handle that... though she'd be okay with no one doing the hacking at all. Even if they had already made enemies here in this mysterious place, she'd rather not incapacitate them by way of mowing them down, Clint Eastwood style.

Then again, they had like two Clint Eastwood types in the group, so maybe it was unavoidable either way.

With that, she'd follow Owlman and Mystique, but honestly decided to keep her distance from them. The two of them let off some sort of... oddly sinister aura, as though they were out-of-their-mind supervillains from their own home worlds. The woman who called herself Mystique had a vaguely familiar mien to her, as though she were from the same world, if not at least general universe, but she couldn't exactly tell for sure. Still, she was just gonna go ahead and... yeah.

That said, as she and the others would listen in on the audio log, Gwen would decide to carefully investigate the weapon in order to see if it had any significance.

@Chris Lang @york @Jeremi @DBZ7 @Lounge peeps
Owlman
@A Tiny Fool @Arcadium @Archmage Jeremiah @Atomyk @BarrenThin @Bomb @Chris Lang @Crimson Spartan @Crow @C.T. @DapperDogman @DBZ7 @Ellya @Forrest @Gummi Bunnies @Gwazi Magnum @Hana @Josh M @Kaykay@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Krieg @Lissamel @LuckycoolHawk9 @Mighty Roman @Minerva @Nater Taters @OrlandoBloomers @Raven @Ringmaster @Ryu Keiko @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Sen @Sir Nick of Ni @T.O.M. @Takumi @Verite@Xx420BLAZEITxX @Yang Lee @Yata @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Yun Lee @Jeremi @Others Entering Manta Ray Lounge

Rq1NSxs.gif

Owlman was already inspecting the weapon, but fortunately he was too distracted to notice that Gwen too was doing the same thing... After all, he'd probably freak her out with his stare or something. The first thing that immediately caught his eye was how it looked like one was supposed to wear this on their hand, and with that in mind, he compared the size of the glove the weapon is attatched to to his own hand in his powersuit. He was confident it could fit over the average human hand of course... But with his powersuit on, the chances were slimmer.​

Cast list:

Casualties

@EVERYONE

Marquis, not trusting all that was said too much, decided to wait a bit before walking towards the Manta Ray Lounge and saw the volley of bullets being sprayed before being quickly taken down. "Well looks like the working class can do something right...the world always need shields to protect those that actually matter! Hahahaha!"

Before giving anyone a chance to respond, Marquis decided to investigate upstairs. After all, he was apart of the upper class and needed to go to higher ground like he always was.

@Jeremi @Minerva @Ringmaster @Sen @C.T. @T.O.M. @DapperDogman @Bomb @Crow @Raven @Chris Lang @york @Yun Lee

Lucifer winced but took the brunt of her words, before a quiet plinking noise echoed in the stillness. And on the ground, one of the bullets would still be rattling as Lucifer held up his hand, revealing his flesh healing over before he spoke.

"Had I moved, it would have hit those behind me. Or tracked others less able to deal with it. I thank you for your help, but I do not apologize for my actions."

To Jacob, he inclined his head in courteous thanks before preparing himself for the storm. Sure enough...

At Symmetra's tone, the Claymore looked to her. She didn't necessarily like her tone either, but said nothing of it.

"I apologize for Lucifer. He likes things done quick and efficient. We usually take out enemies together, and that includes getting in their line of fire at times to make sure others stay safe..." she would pause and look to Lucifer then.

"Don't overdo it. I don't want a dead partner no more than an injured one that can't regenerate." she said, voice low and a bit strained. Worried. She was growing worried. Funny, she was sure that compared to the other Claymores they would expect the same thing Lucifer did from her most likely.

She went to check his wounds.

.... Was she?

Oh. His wounds were healed by this point, but he said nothing. Staring at her in this close-quarters opportunity as she said her piece.

And for reasons he didn't fully understand, he reached across the short gap to squeeze her hand. A more intimate gesture then he intended, both to reassure her he was alive and the other to reduce the stress he sensed from her.

"... We faced worse foes before. We'll all be fine."

And then he let go and turned away as he explored the lounge, looking for security cameras..

@Jeremi @DapperDogman @Indolent @Verite @OrlandoBloomers @C.T. @Everyone

pK90Dmh.png

"... Huh."

Gwen suddenly felt a little happy for some odd reason.​

"THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!" It shouts, swinging the pipe at the Marquis. The other two begin to rush towards him, backing up their ally.

And then they get hit by the bullets from Niko's gun.

Meanwhile, the Leadhead would collapse as a large gust of wind goes through the room. It's clear that the Leadhead Splicer is dead.

Three down, three to go.
"Shit! More of these freaks imbound!" Houston said out loud to whoever that wasn't one of those Splicer things. Houston fired the rest of the clip of his Bernetti 9 at the horde of splicers attacking Marquis, unloading ten bullets in rapid fire.

@Minerva @Nater Taters @Yang Lee @Electronic store people

Status
Not open for further replies.