Status
Not open for further replies.
Prologue - The Magic ends at Midnight.

It was just a regular night. Two young ones can be seen walking along.

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Hey, Mirei, great job today. I almost thought you'd lose it without Shouko. I guess some of her spreading to you isn't such a bad thing, is it?"

KYFjDuF.webp

"I guess so. We should pay her a visit tomorrow. Don't want her to be worried about today's LIVE on top of her common cold."

WBJfeMo.jpg

"You've grown quite a bit, Mirei."

mKSgCsB.webp

"Wha- what do you mean? What is that supposed to mean?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Metaphorically. Or literal in a mental sense. At first, you were just a lone wolf. I promised to make you a Cinderella, but I guess I made you a... whatever Fairy Tale Princess makes tonnes of friends. Snow White maybe? Haha."

mKSgCsB.webp

"What kind of comparison is that?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Well, you made a lot of friends on your journey. You went beyond what I envisioned you to be," the lad chuckles, "by the way, you're kind of cute when you blush..."

n0dMxd6.webp

"... are we doing this again?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"... but not as cute as Hanazawa-Girl~!" the lad snickers.

mKSgCsB.webp

"I knew it! Producer, you jerk! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I'll claw you!" the lass says as she punches the dude in the stomach.

WBJfeMo.jpg

"I guess I am a jerk," the one known as 'Producer' laughs, "alright, alright, I might have went a little too far. Oh look! A vending machine! Let me make it up to you."

The 'Producer' man inserted coins into a vending machine.

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Machine malfunctions... it'll take a while..."

A volley of cans were heard raining upon.

iPlzNRf.webp

"We didn't use up all our luck now, did we?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Looky looky," Producer picks a purple can from the fallen batch, "grape."

oXY7KPL.jpg

"Nothing like can grape on a good night!"

iPlzNRf.webp

"I'm curious. Who is this 'Hanazawa-Girl' you keep speaking about? I've never seen her before," Mirei gulps a purple can of substance, "are you so delusional about your quest for a girlfriend that you just made your own up? You're not one of those guys, are you?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

Producer spews flames made from a purple-hued carbonated beverage. "Where did you get that from? First of all, she is not my girlfriend yet, and second of all, she is as real as you and I."

mKSgCsB.webp

"Yeeeeaaaaah..."

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Mirei!" Producer holds the young cyclops close as he checks his watch. "Something's coming."

mKSgCsB.webp

"H- hey! What's the big idea, I'll claw-"

A spirally blue portal appeared.

iPlzNRf.webp

"- you. WHAT IS THAT?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"GAH! It's pulling us in!"

Mirei was sucked into the portal.

mKSgCsB.webp

"PRRROOOODDDUUUUCEEERRR!"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Oomph! It's no use... why isn't this portal accepting me? That's it!" Producer, failing to ram through the portal as if it was protected by a specific invisible barrier, decides to throw an odd book into it. "My presence cannot protect you, but my wisdom can..."

The portal closes.

WBJfeMo.jpg

"So, were you watching me all the time," Producer turns his back, "sister?"

glXTgGe.jpg

"You shouldn't try interfere with what the cosmos has to offer, because it is futile, even for beings like us, Kido Maki."

WBJfeMo.jpg

Producer appears ticked. "I follow that policy, but rules are meant to broken, especially when my girls are involved, Karasuma Madoka."

glXTgGe.jpg

"So that is how you want to play huh..." the tall lady seemed cross, "very well then, brother..."

Down the rabbit hole Mirei went. Unfortunately for her, this was no Wonderland. No Mad Hatter, no Chesire Cat and no whimsical adventures.

I might be lying about the last part.

Mirei wakes up, only to see darkness. She feels some sort of fabric in her hands... a conical hat, perhaps? Based on its shape, it was much like that of a stereotypical witch. Whatever veiled her eyes and nose, it smelled like seawater and fish. Must've been some sort of sea witch who owned this hat. Mirei tried to look around to see if someone was wearing compatible witch robes and missing a hat.

However, some sort of weight held her down, preventing her from raising her body. Curse you gravity!

iPlzNRf.webp

"Who turned off the lights?"

As she removes the headgear from her vision, back into the correct position, the darkness was removed and the sight of a steampunk brown city with fishes, squids and whales in place of birds and planes was seen.

Oh, and a pale-skinned lass was on her too, sleeping like a beast. She was rather light and appeared to have some form of medieval dons. Her hair was grey in hue, or was it a shining silver or platinum blonde? Her ears were pointed, much like mythical vampires, elves, demons, and other assorted mythical humanoids. She was rather tiny though. Was she a fairy? She must as well be. Maybe she was part dragon.

mKSgCsB.webp

"Ugh... excuse me Miss, you might be lying on me and I can't get up- huh? This isn't even the 2000s, is it?"

Welcome to Rapture, Hayasaka Mirei. Population: How should I know? Ask the damn locals.

iPlzNRf.webp

"What is this? How to Sieve through a Murder Game by Kido Maki? What's a Murder Game? I don't know, but this doesn't seem like a popular book."

Mirei finds an odd book and reads through it.

"I have no need for this, but I know someone who'll want this, better put this in my inventory."

lnteraction:

@Sen @Hana

@Kaykay @Minerva @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Verite

@Bomb @Yata @york

GMs:

@Jeremi @Verite @Minerva

Reactions: Mu
"I agree, we should stand a united front." She'd look over Jesse's shoulder at the rest of the group. "Though I am rather certain some of them do not share our views." The outburst by the Phantom had Symmetra wrinkle her nose in disgust. "But it can not be helped. We must try to get order among us so that we can form out a plan."

@BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Sen @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician
"Don't worry about it. Give me a minute and I'll get the ones who are willing to help together."

Jesse wasn't too terribly worried about the fact that some of the others might not want to listen to him or the scientist. Most folks around where he lived at least listened for a few seconds to a preacher talking, and that would be all he needed to get them in line for the most part. Looking over each and everyone of them, as if they were his new congregation and he wanted his message to ring true and touch each of them, the Congregationalist reverend wiped what little of the water that still remained on forehead before clearing his throat in a harsh, abrupt manner to grab the others' attention.

"Alright then, now that I've got y'all's attention, best I introduce myself. My name is preacher Jesse Custer," His voice echoed a little ways so that all could hear him, assured of his ability to keep their attention and help lead the group safely, "And over there is Symmetra, a doctor." He gestured to the Indian woman, letting everyone spot her before nodding and continuing on, "Now then, what I like to talk to you about isn't about the Lord, hell, or anything like that. It's not a slow Sunday morning so I won't bore you with that right now."

NEMkey4jWrqFPU_3_b.jpg

He grinned, hoping that some would enjoy that little joke, before becoming serious again, "Instead, I'd like to talk you all about our current situation. Now, it seems we're all a little disoriented, ending up in this underwater city and such, but we'd best collect ourselves. Right now, we're not exactly sure where we are, and by both mine and Miss Symmetra's count, it's best we all go ahead and agree to get along and work together. We don't need to start splitting up to run off, only for someone to get hurt or worse, killed."

"Working together as a group to find our way home is the safest course through this storm of ours, so if y'all would, I ask that you all open your hearts and minds and agree to help each other in this time of crisis," It wasn't his best sermon or speech, not by a long shot. Then again, he was still working off the mixture that he had downed the night before, so maybe that was why he wasn't doing so hot right now. 'Ither way, best to just pray the message is clear.

@BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Sen @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician

So, she put a smile on her face.

'Just... keep smiling. You'll be fine...'

tumblr_inline_o9g5ccYM6x1sp0qi5_500.png

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @otherslol​
"I agree, we should stand a united front." She'd look over Jesse's shoulder at the rest of the group. "Though I am rather certain some of them do not share our views." The outburst by the Phantom had Symmetra wrinkle her nose in disgust. "But it can not be helped. We must try to get order among us so that we can form out a plan."

tumblr_o95z2qYboY1v3qowuo1_100.png

Order? ... how can we... get order here?

Nier thought about this idly in his head, thinking about it. Nothing felt right here. His party members possibly dead and his sister held captive by the Shadowlord... Nier didn't care about order anymore. He didn't. Nier wasn't okay with this, and he wouldn't feel right until he was able to see his sister again... that she, Yonah, was safe and sound after all of this.

Looking over, he noticed that there were some that seemed out of it, disoriented by this sudden happening. He wasn't sure on what to do from here, but supposing the situation, he might as well try to get his bearings. Once he managed to figure out how to return to his friends to work on saving Yonah, he'll take that chance. He couldn't bear of wasting his time too much here.

tumblr_o91lbnb1xF1v3qowuo6_100.png

"Excuse... me. But, are you aware of why we're here? ... or are you just as lost as me? I... I need to know..."

Seeing that Vanille wasn't occupied with anybody by the looks of it, Nier had to see if he could get any information out of her first before he could decide on what to do from here.

@A Tiny Fool @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @C.T. @Sen @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician

Prologue:
For Lack of a Heart

Mickeyjunk Mountain.

Cold. Desolate. Abandoned. And, ever since the Thinner Disaster, Oswald's home.

Usually, one would ponder the sanity of a rabbit who lived in self-imposed exile on a mountain made of nothing but the worn-down face of the one mouse he resented most of all. But someone needed to make sure the Shadow Blot didn't break free and ruin what little was left of the Wasteland. He didn't trust anyone else with the job, not so long as Ortensia was...Well, the way she was. Besides, Doc was keeping watch, and had promised to radio him up if somehow he spotted that stupid mouse down here.

Kill the mouse, take his house. Kill the mouse, take his house.

Screenshot_2016_06_27_at_5_16_55_PM.png

Alright, to be fair, Oswald wasn't in the business of murder. That just wasn't a thing cartoon protagonists from Papa Walt did. But he still liked the sound of that mantra. Little brat mouse, thinking he's so special. Anyone could have done Steamboat Willie. And who was he to decide just who got up and out of the Wasteland, remembered again? Oswald could remember a time when Mortimer Mouse was his closest buddy--Mortimer didn't like Mickey either, they were rivals for a reason--And then, whadaya know? Mortimer's invited for some stints at the House of Mouse. Ha-cha-cha indeed.

Backstabber. Mickey could make anyone like him.

In his chair Oswald shifted, yawning, rubbing at his eyes. Was it just his imagination, or was the room...Spinning? He looked at his hands, checking to see if he'd rubbed any thinner into his eyes (and he didn't), then blinked a few times to try and get a grasp on his surroundings. He yawned again. "Well, no wonder everythin's swimmin', y'haven't slept all too well..." He told himself, sounding almost like he was scolding his own habits. The rabbit shifted in his chair, reaching up and pulling his ears down over his eyes. Maybe some shuteye was what he actually needed...

I must take a trip to California

And leave my poor sweetheart alone

If he has a doggie, he won't be lonesome...

The sound sounded like phonograph music, not unfamiliar to Oswald (phonographs and old radios were all the Wasteland had, too). He smacked his lips, pushing his ears out of his face and then rubbing his eyes again.

This wasn't Mickeyjunk Mountain.

The rabbit jumped to his feet, looking around the area with a slowly-growing look of confusion. Actually, this wasn't anywhere he knew at all. It was damp, almost humid, and the place had fallen into familiar yet unfamiliar sort of disrepair. Oswald placed his hands on his hips, giving a low hum and surveying the company as well--All humans, it looked like. Wait a second. Humans, in an unfamiliar area?

One hand reached up and clasped his chest.

Was he remembered? Did he have a heart again? Was he free from the Wasteland, free to be adored and recalled with delight, free to be that lucky rabbit Papa Walt always wanted him to be?

"...Golly, I sure didn't think gettin' my heart back would be so...Miserable."

He didn't even realize he spoke aloud, but he didn't care. This place seemed nice, and the company was probably to thank for his sudden removal from the Wasteland and the subsequent thrust into popularity and the shimmering spotlight again, so it was all good in his book.

"Sure was nice to help me out, though, all'a you guys! Nice to meecha', too, even if it's...Kind of dank down here."

[ @ALL ]​

"Don't worry about it. Give me a minute and I'll get the ones who are willing to help together."

Jesse wasn't too terribly worried about the fact that some of the others might not want to listen to him or the scientist. Most folks around where he lived at least listened for a few seconds to a preacher talking, and that would be all he needed to get them in line for the most part. Looking over each and everyone of them, as if they were his new congregation and he wanted his message to ring true and touch each of them, the Congregationalist reverend wiped what little of the water that still remained on forehead before clearing his throat in a harsh, abrupt manner to grab the others' attention.

"Alright then, now that I've got y'all's attention, best I introduce myself. My name is preacher Jesse Custer," His voice echoed a little ways so that all could hear him, assured of his ability to keep their attention and help lead the group safely, "And over there is Symmetra, a doctor." He gestured to the Indian woman, letting everyone spot her before nodding and continuing on, "Now then, what I like to talk to you about isn't about the Lord, hell, or anything like that. It's not a slow Sunday morning so I won't bore you with that right now."

He grinned, hoping that some would enjoy that little joke, before becoming serious again, "Instead, I'd like to talk you all about our current situation. Now, it seems we're all a little disoriented, ending up in this underwater city and such, but we'd best collect ourselves. Right now, we're not exactly sure where we are, and by both mine and Miss Symmetra's count, it's best we all go ahead and agree to get along and work together. We don't need to start splitting up to run off, only for someone to get hurt or worse, killed."

"Working together as a group to find our way home is the safest course through this storm of ours, so if y'all would, I ask that you all open your hearts and minds and agree to help each other in this time of crisis," It wasn't his best sermon or speech, not by a long shot. Then again, he was still working off the mixture that he had downed the night before, so maybe that was why he wasn't doing so hot right now. 'Ither way, best to just pray the message is clear.

tumblr_o95ytaaMh81v3qowuo1_100.png

"... Sure, if it means that I get to my home as soon as possible... then I'll pitch in my trust and cooperation..."

Still wary of how he even got here, Nier decided that he would go along with this. If it meant that he would be back sooner to his home to try and save his sister, then Nier was going to tag along with this. But for now, he was still cautious, never to fully trust others. Someone from the village had to have led the Shades and the Shadowlord into the village... meaning that his trust in his village had faltered in some way...

If this place was even tied in with the Shadowlord, Nier was sure to be on guard, just like Jesse had said: something or someone out there brought them here for events ill-willed in some way...

@BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @C.T. @Sen @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician

Prologue: Niko's Sorrow
The streets of Liberty City were jam packed, as usual. A cherry red SUV swerved around the congestion and raced down a side road, flying past shocked pedestrians and cursing senior citizens. behind the wheel of said SUV was a very stressed Serbian man by the name of Niko Bellic. Niko swore in his native tongue as he turned right sharply, almost colliding with a food stand. Why did he to go drinking with Packie the night before his own cousin's wedding, he was the best man for god's sake. Niko slammed the breaks and was brought to a stop. He growled in frustration as he checked the clock, five minuets before the weeding started, he had to get there.

Just then he got a call, he looked at the caller ID and groaned loudly, Roman. He hit answer and braced himself for the tantrum his older cousin would unleash on him. "Niko, where the fuck are you man, the wedding starts in five minutes, and my best man isn't even here!" Roman said over the phone. Niko sighed and responded. "I'm sorry cousin, I about three blocks from church, I'll be there soon Roman." He said, before hanging up and hitting the gas, the car roaring to life and taking off like a bat out of hell.

Roman getting married, the idea amused Niko quite a bit, how a beautiful woman like Mallorie fell for a man like Roman, was a mystery. Still, Niko was happy for them both, despite Roman constantly getting himself and Niko in trouble with the debt he piled up, Niko still cared for his cousin, how could he not, after what all Roman did for him. Giving him a home in Liberty City, giving him some work, and being completely supportive and loyal when Niko needed it the most.

Niko made the final turn an thought about his time in America, it hadn't been easy, Niko had come to America to rid himself of his past in Eastern Europe. His time in the army, his smuggling days. Niko sighed and parked in front of the church that housed Roman's and Mallorie's wedding. He fixed his tie and stepped out of the SUV. He wonderd for a few moments about the choice he had made just a few days earlier,.

Dimitri Rasacalav, even that name made Niko sick. Dimitri had been the lackey to Russian Mob Boss Mikahail Faustin. Dimitri had Niko kill Faustin in order to restore peace between the Faustin mob and another Russian Mob Boss. However, when Niko came to collect the payment for the hit, Dimitri betrayed him, and left him to die in a ware house in Broker, if Jacob Hughes, Niko's Jamaican, pot smoking friend hadn't been there, Niko would've most likely died.

Months passed before Niko and Dimitri came face to face again, Niko was tempted to kill him then and there, but decided to make a deal with Dimitri, much to the disgust of his girlfriend, Kate.

Niko sighed and stepped through the front door, hoping that all of that noise was behind him

~~~

The doors burst open and the couple of the hour came out, jubilant as ever. There were hugs, some kisses, some shouts of congratulation, particularly from Niko. He was proud of his cousin, it seemed that maybe, just maybe, they would make it in Liberty City, somehow.

Niko felt a presence behind him, curious he looked over his shoulder and saw a shady looking man, speaking to him. What happened next, would change Niko forever. He couldn't make out what the man said, but he saw what he was going to do. The man raised a gun towards Niko, but Niko acted quickly, grabbing the gun and forcing it skyward, the thug got a shot off , but it missed Niko, Niko used his brute strength to force the gun against the assassin's own forehead and pulled the trigger.

The bullet entered the man's skull and destroyed much of the thug's brain,the man collapsed to the floor, dead. Niko exhaled slowly, that was close, thankfully nobody was....

"Ahhhhhhh!...Roman!" Mallorie screamed at the top of her lungs. Niko cringed and slowly faced front, praying what he already knew to not be true.

Laying on the ground in a heap, was his cousin, Roman. Niko took a step forward, his cousin, his family, his dream, dead, killed by the actions of the younger Bellic

"Roman...cousin, I'm....I'm so.....sorry." was all he managed to get out

~~~

"Roman...Roman...I'm sorry Roman." Niko said, before waking to the smell of seawater and decay. He sat up and noticed he was in some kind of, building. Niko sat up fully and leaned against a stone pillar, trying to guess where exactly the hell he was

Last edited by a moderator:
Spider-Gwen: Prologue - Does Whatever a Spider Can!

IuB6EiU.png

"... And that's all I can really say from what Spider-UK told me!"

Of all the strange things that was out there in the multiverse that Gwen Stacy, also known as The Amazing Spider-Woman (well, she hadn't reached the title of Amazing yet... or Spectacular, or Sensational), thought that Spider-Ham, or Peter Porker for his real name, was one of the more bizarre creations of whatever deity was out there, be it the freaking... uh, One Above All or the Beyonder or other great gods that she wasn't supposed to know about just yet.

Thwap. Thwap.

As the two spider-heroes web-slinged throughout the uncharacteristically quiet New York City, Gwen tried to think over what Porker had just relayed to her, though to be pretty damn honest, she was lost.

"I see, I see... Except there's one problem; I don't see," Gwen grumbled, "Like... So you're telling me people from different dimensions get dragged into a place like... Hunger Games style, and are systematically killed off on top of the murders that the people will be compelled to do? That's the part where you started to lose me."

"Well, I'd prefer Battle Royale, but I suppose that'd be a little inaccurate too."

"What's Battle Royale?"

"... What do you even do in your free time?" Spider-Ham could only reply, pursing his piggy lips in mild frustration underneath his mask.

"Whatever! What's this thing called again?"

"Murder Games. And I'm gonna stop you right there before you compare it to Hunger Games again," Spider-Ham said, "Unfortunately, we don't really know the nitty gritty of it, and I do mean gritty," he continued, "It's hard to get details since they sorta just pop up wherever, and the multiverse is a big place, y'know. From what we can assume, the people there are taken into the place against their own will like they're mysteriously teleported and--"

Whoosh.

"G-Gwen? Where'd you go?"

"... Oh, bacon."

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Gwen fell for quite some time. Everything happened so quickly that she didn't realize what had happened before it was too late. She was swinging through the city with Peter, and then... everything went black, and then when her vision returned, she was falling through the air without any surface to shoot a web at, and then...

CRASH!

Gwen landed harmlessly (though not entirely painlessly) into a pile of nearby garbage bags that broke her fall somewhat. The splitting headache she got was really bad, so bad that she felt compelled to take off her mask for a bit, thinking that no one else was around, or rather, not thinking at all, as the teenaged girl gripped her temple in a somewhat counter-productive attempt to ease her headache.

"Ough... I need to get Janet to invent an automatic web shooter on my back that deploys web parachutes in case of emergencies..." She groaned, the act of even talking becoming painful as well.

Still, she couldn't waste all her time writhing in pain. With that said, Gwen would force herself up from the trash, stumbling to her feet and taking a few steps forward.

C0qrf3f.png

"Either that or maybe a cool Spider-Woman armor... if I even had the money to pay Janet for tech like that."

And then, as it would turn out, she was not alone. There were quite a few strange faces around, many she hoped weren't actually as strange as Peter Porker, but it looked like some multiversal tear had appeared and gotten her into this mess. Normally, she'd panic in this kind of event where her face was exposed to everyone else, buuuut if this was a different dimension, then no one should recognize her... Right?

... Well, best not take any chances.

H0N3fjQ.png

With that, Gwen would put her mask back on, despite the headache that still bothered her quite exponentially. Still, she had no worries. After all, this wouldn't be the first time something like this had happened, between the fight against Morlun, or the Secret War, or... Ugh, if only she had never become a superhero.

"Anyway, where's my dimension hopping doo-hickey..." Gwen mumbled, attempting to search her suit for the mentioned device, only for her to realize...

... Uh-oh.

"Oh no."

Oh no.

"Oh no no no no no no no you've got to be kidding me!"

It looked like the Amazing Spider-Woman made a not so amazing blunder. She probably dropped it somewhere during the fall, and as much as she didn't like to intrude on other people's business and whatever pleasant conversations they were having...

"H-Hey! So... Uh, has anyone seen a weird device? Has a big red button that you shouldn't press?! A-Anyone?!" Gwen called out in vain, little would she realize.

Underneath her mask, Gwen pouted deeply.

SKRV3zt.png

"I'm gonna die here, aren't I?"

@BarrenThin @The Tactician @Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Errybody
"Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god it's you! You're the one! One of the only female Spiders around(discounting Jessica, Anya, Julia, May, Cindy, and Ashley...) and one of the coolest costumes. Oh man can I uh...have your autograph? Sorry I just don't want to blow it ya know, it's not everyday one of the people you read about can give you their autograph uh..." She glanced around. "Underwater. Maybe this is Atlantis--"
B2B10Un.gif

"Interesting..." Owlman said, muttering to himself.​
"OH HOLY JAMES WOODS, IT IS OWLMAN FROM THAT ONE MOVIE WHERE HE GOT IT ON WITH A ADOLESCENT GIRL WHO JUST SO HAPPENED TO HAVE AN ADULT SUPERHUMAN BODY!"

She gestured frantically. "That's not good."

@Verite @york @Jeremi @everyone​

NEMkey4jWrqFPU_3_b.jpg

As Soldier: 76 scanned his surroundings, he heard the voices of the other people as they woke up. Looking down upon the folks, the mystery only deepens on what the hell all of this is. Notably, the old man didn't help anyone get up, instead grabbing his heavy pulse rifle and keeping it close. This amount of people...made things complicated. He didn't want to catch too much attention, and instead he chose to look out the window, reasonably expecting to see a cloud-stained sky.

Of course, all he saw was blue and green, schools of fish sailing in and out of tall, rusted spires and ruins. A dim light shined through the water, shining upon the ruins of the blackened city. "...Great" muttered 76, under his breath. He'll think more about it later on, but for now, the old soldier let out a heavy sigh and turned around, waiting for his ally to rise to his feet.

Soldier_76.jpg

Jesse Custer would take note of a figure staring at him in the distance. A tall man, dressed in a black, blue and white jacket with bits and pieces of combat armor peeking out. Old, grizzled eyes stared at the Preacher through a red visor and a black mask. The man only watched as the kindly preacher tried to rally these people together.

Yeah, like hell that's going to work. He kind of reminded him of himself, though. Whether or not that's a good thing has yet to be seen.

@BarrenThin @The Tactician

As she opened up her eyes and stared down at the cold floor, master Assassin Evie Frye remained completely still for a few moments, before a smirk appeared on her face. She pushed herself back on her feet and dusted off her outfit, then taking a few moments to observe her environment.

"Well I'll be damned, his plan actually worked..." she mumbled softly to herself, then sighed. "God knows I won't hear the end of this from the man..."

She looked down at her brother, the man who convinced her to join him on this crazy mission. She was about to wake him up, until she actually realized how much she enjoyed seeing her brother shut his mouth for a minute. Instead, she took a few steps away from him, searching her pocket for specific little blue book with a golden assassin emblem on it.

5a18e4cfae130288ef41235681db2795.png

On the cover, a name was written:

"Captain E. Kenway"
Evie skipped most of the book, finally ending up at a specific page, reading it for the tenth time in the last two days:
"A Curious Game - Conclusion"

"Despite my many adventures and misadventures, I can proudly say I look back at the past few weeks with pride and gratitude.
To be involved in a Murder Game, as they call it, is certainly no light or easy thing, but good sailors aren't born on easy seas.

I've seen my share of strangeness and death in these games, aye, but no smaller than my sadness, is the joy that I have found.
The beautiful, curly-haired lass named River Song has found her way into my life, my mind and my heart, and also my pouch.
Her temper as fierce as Neptune's wrath, yet with a soul so sweet and touching as a cold breeze on a warm day, she has brought light and joy back into my life.

The next part, Evie mumbled to herself, so that it would stick in her memory longer:
"Also have I seen the mind of a man who travels seas beyond those on the Earth, and sails waters coursing through the flow of time itself.
In his nearly infinite wisdom, I have learned of a most intriguing artifact.
This "Piece of Eden" seemed an object, no, an entity of great, unimaginable power.

To any members of the Brotherhood who may gaze upon these pages after I pass, know this:
These Murder Games are an evil thing, and its participants suffer a fate I would wish upon no one.
Yet at the same time, it is a marvelous opportunity.
It offers any man, from any world or realm, the chance to learn of so many new things.

My eyes grow too weary and my bones too weak to pursue this Piece of Eden, but I beg of you to heed my words:
It must not fall into the wrong hands, lest the fate of the world might be at stake.

Captain Edward Kenway"
Evie closed the book, and stared blankly at the ocean outside the glass for a few seconds, thinking, until she finally decided that it was time to wake up her brother. She walked over to him quickly, and gave him a few light taps on the side with her boot.

"Jacob. Jacob, get up" She commanded him, immediately turning around and continuing, knowing he would just brag about how his plan to get into one of the Murder Games did work after all. "Now that we're here, I suggest we establish a few rules... One, we stay by each other's side and watch each other's backs. Two, we do NOT make enemies. Three..." She turned her head to her brother and gave him a serious look.

tumblr_inline_o2znef8TYs1trpkkl_500.gif

"... Don't be an idiot this time."

He gestured to the Indian woman, letting everyone spot her before nodding and continuing on, "Now then, what I like to talk to you about isn't about the Lord, hell, or anything like that. It's not a slow Sunday morning so I won't bore you with that right now."

NEMkey4jWrqFPU_3_b.jpg

phantom-of-the-paradise-the-phantom.jpg

A preacher and an angel together?

Winslow supposed stranger meetings have occurred. But while Winslow normally might have had patience and accepted Jesse's suggestion that they should all work together, the Phantom had a different outlook. The 'lord' as it were had already let Winslow down just like so many others. What would make this group any different?

But...He supposed that if he did try to trek it alone, it'd only make him look more like an outsider. If that look Symmetra gave him was any indication. He didn't need to pick fights. Not when he didn't know anything about these people and if any of them had a way to hurt him despite his cursed immortality. But he didn't need to be all that fond of the idea either.

"So, you're proposing we all hold hands and join together in some big friendly alliance, preacher? Sorry if I'm a bit skeptic. Been stabbed in the back more times than I'd like to recall."

The Phantom started before he took a step towards Jesse as he glanced at the man. His voice distorted as it was through the damaged vocoder. "But, if I can't trust a man of the cloth to keep his word than I suppose there really is nobody left to turn to." This was of course meant as a sarcastic quip on Winslow's part given that he'd just been saddled with a rather obnoxious angel moments before arriving here. But he'd go with this alliance for as long as it helped him out and not a moment after. "Name's Winslow Leach. Yours was...Jesse Custer, right?"

@Kaykay @The Tactician @Jeremi

tumblr_o91lbnb1xF1v3qowuo6_100.png

"Excuse... me. But, are you aware of why we're here? ... or are you just as lost as me? I... I need to know..."

Seeing that Vanille wasn't occupied with anybody by the looks of it, Nier had to see if he could get any information out of her first before he could decide on what to do from here.

She snapped out of her thoughts after being spoken to by Nier.

tumblr_inline_o9g5b5WxGw1sp0qi5_500.png

Looking over at him, she gave him a warm smile and shook her head.

"I'm afraid we're all in the same boat. But don't worry! I can help you, if you'd like."

tumblr_inline_o9g54iOc5R1sp0qi5_500.png

Right. If anyone were in need of help, Vanille would always be willing to be there.

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @otherslol​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: York
xgco0lv.png

Carol wasn't too pleased that the boy went ahead and grabbed the radio, but she didn't let it show on her face. It didn't seem he had much of an understanding how to use the radio either, which seemed particularly egregious to Carol. Who was he anyway, to be carrying a stick from some kind of sport that Carol could not recall the name of and a helmet under his arm? The motorcycle nearby seemed to be his, but this didn't look like the kind of place where one could ride on in.

Truly, the sight of a motorcycle reminded Carol of Daryl, and she had to wonder where he was or what he was doing. Where were any of them for that matter-- Rick, Michonne, and the others? Back home, maybe. Back fighting for their lives. It pained her to think she wouldn't be there for any of them, though it was probably better that she was the one trapped in this underwater world instead of the rest of them. However she ended up down here, there had to be some way for her to get back home. That just made sense.

Instead of letting her inner thoughts show, Carol only gave the boy an understanding nod. She smiled at him as a gesture that she would let him hold on to the radio. For now, anyway. "Well, if it gives you any trouble, I'd be willing to have a look at it, okay? A radio like that, it's a wonder we'd find it in a place like this..." The woman trailed off purposefully. She adopted a fearful expression, though it felt more natural than she would have liked to admit. "Is this... normal for you? Any of you? I don't-- I don't even understand how this is possible. I was just getting by, and then I end up here... confused. Lost. I'd like to very much go back home right away."

She glanced at the faces nearby, hoping for one of them to offer her some insight into where they came from. If an underwater location like this existed, what else was there to find in the corners of the world? She thought on this for a moment, until her glance stopped on the most peculiar face of all.

A rabbit.

But not just any rabbit. This one was... larger. Almost humanoid. It was like a living cartoon, something so uncanny to look upon that it took Carol's breath away. She reacted harshly, taking a shocked step away from the creature in a gesture that was purely honest. She stared straight at him, mouth agape and unable to form any kind of meaningful sentence. Her mind sputtered to conceive some kind of response, but all she could focus on was what the rabbit had said.

Kind of dank down here.

"... You could say that again," Carol finally said, following it up with a bout of nervous laughter.

@Sir Nick of Ni @Raven @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Minerva @Lissamel

Last edited:

She snapped out of her thoughts after being spoken to by Nier.

tumblr_inline_o9g5b5WxGw1sp0qi5_500.png

Looking over at him, she gave him a warm smile and shook her head.

"I'm afraid we're all in the same boat. But don't worry! I can help you, if you'd like."

tumblr_inline_o9g54iOc5R1sp0qi5_500.png

Right. If anyone were in need of help, Vanille would always be willing to be there.

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @otherslol​
Niko overheard some girl with a annoyingly optimistic look on this whole situation, he snorted loudly and walked over to the girl

"What can you exactly do to help, I'm pretty sure we can't do anything until we know where hell we are." He pause a moment before pulling out a damp package of cigarettes, he was never one to smoke, but this looked like as good as anytime to start

"Yo pinkie, you got any smokes on you." He asked

@Gummi Bunnies

McCree:
The Good, the Bad, and the Weird

~~~~~

Huh. So this was it.

Below Shaitan's Seat, the cowboy was caught of guard by Reaper's sudden appearance. Disoriented and confused, the demon assailing him and the old man sent him sprawling with a thunderous slam. His vision was blurry, and everything around him seemed to be different. Slower. Reaper ghosted towards him as the demon whirled on 76. Though he couldn't really process it, the Cowboy could register one thing. He was going to die. That was almost funny. After all this, after all he'd been through, after all the good he'd tried to do to make up for the bad... He was going to die at the mercy of some edgy punk. He closed his eyes and sighed. Well... Maybe someone out there would remember McCree the vigilante, not McCree the outlaw.

A bright flash of light came instead of the impact of bullets, and he was gone.

He felt someone shaking him awake. Was he dead? Was this Hell? His eyes slowly opened. The soulless, red visor was the first thing that greeted him. "Boss...? What the... Where in tarnation are we?
" The gunslinger sat up with a grimace. His ribs still hurt from the blow, but the injury wasn't so severe that he couldn't get up. He wad furthermore greeted by an odd assortment of people and things. Strange music filled the ai. The next thing he noticed, and perhaps the one that left him feeling the most unnerved, was the fact that they seemed to be... Underwater? Well... He was just grateful to be alive, though he was still clutching his side. "Well, boss, you were always the thinker of our little posse, so I'll leave the detailed assessment to you. Meantime, I'm thinking it's best we step away in case things get ugly." He did tip his hat to Symmetra, though. He recognized the tech. She was part of that company that worked with hard light. Not a good first thing to notice, but she was mighty pretty and seemed alright so far, so there was that.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Jeremi
@everyone

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god oh my god it's you! You're the one! One of the only female Spiders around(discounting Jessica, Anya, Julia, May, Cindy, and Ashley...) and one of the coolest costumes. Oh man can I uh...have your autograph? Sorry I just don't want to blow it ya know, it's not everyday one of the people you read about can give you their autograph uh..." She glanced around. "Underwater. Maybe this is Atlantis--"
Wait, wha--

fCPy9Z4.png

"Are you uh... talking to me?" Gwen replied somewhat obliviously, taken aback by the sort of response she did not expect to get, especially in such an unfamiliar place like this. Someone was... excited to see her, huh? In a good way? Wow, she wasn't used to that. She was so used to that uneasy feeling she had around her father, to being persecuted by the Daily Bugle after Peter's, that is, her world's Peter's, death, and the like. Heh, Gwen was almost glad. Almost glad enough to forget about the severity of her situation, even.

"Aha, well... Uh, do you have a pen and paper around? Trying to write things down with webbing is way harder than you would think. I've tried. And regretted it a lot."

Man, maybe sometimes, being a superhero did have its perks--Waaiiiit a minute, something was wrong here.

vUJpKEi.png

"Wait wait, hold on a minute, how do you know about Jessica?! And Cindy? And these other girls that even I don't know?!" Gwen exclaimed in surprise. In Gwen's own world, Cindy was a big scary bad guy, as was Jessica. It was only from Earth-616 that they were heroic spider ladies, the two of whom Gwen knew there as well, but uh...

Yeah, this actually made things more complicated.

"Before I give you anything, who the heck are you anyway? And why does your costume... sorta look like a ghetto version of mine?"

@C.T. @york @People

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Jeremi and Takumi
As she opened up her eyes and stared down at the cold floor, master Assassin Evie Frye remained completely still for a few moments, before a smirk appeared on her face. She pushed herself back on her feet and dusted off her outfit, then taking a few moments to observe her environment.

"Well I'll be damned, his plan actually worked..." she mumbled softly to herself, then sighed. "God knows I won't hear the end of this from the man..."

She looked down at her brother, the man who convinced her to join him on this crazy mission. She was about to wake him up, until she actually realized how much she enjoyed seeing her brother shut his mouth for a minute. Instead, she took a few steps away from him, searching her pocket for specific little blue book with a golden assassin emblem on it.

5a18e4cfae130288ef41235681db2795.png

On the cover, a name was written:

"Captain E. Kenway"
Evie skipped most of the book, finally ending up at a specific page, reading it for the tenth time in the last two days:
"A Curious Game - Conclusion"

"Despite my many adventures and misadventures, I can proudly say I look back at the past few weeks with pride and gratitude.
To be involved in a Murder Game, as they call it, is certainly no light or easy thing, but good sailors aren't born on easy seas.

I've seen my share of strangeness and death in these games, aye, but no smaller than my sadness, is the joy that I have found.
The beautiful, curly-haired lass named River Song has found her way into my life, my mind and my heart, and also my pouch.
Her temper as fierce as Neptune's wrath, yet with a soul so sweet and touching as a cold breeze on a warm day, she has brought light and joy back into my life.

The next part, Evie mumbled to herself, so that it would stick in her memory longer:
"Also have I seen the mind of a man who travels seas beyond those on the Earth, and sails waters coursing through the flow of time itself.
In his nearly infinite wisdom, I have learned of a most intriguing artifact.
This "Piece of Eden" seemed an object, no, an entity of great, unimaginable power.

To any members of the Brotherhood who may gaze upon these pages after I pass, know this:
These Murder Games are an evil thing, and its participants suffer a fate I would wish upon no one.
Yet at the same time, it is a marvelous opportunity.
It offers any man, from any world or realm, the chance to learn of so many new things.

My eyes grow too weary and my bones too weak to pursue this Piece of Eden, but I beg of you to heed my words:
It must not fall into the wrong hands, lest the fate of the world might be at stake.

Captain Edward Kenway"
Evie closed the book, and stared blankly at the ocean outside the glass for a few seconds, thinking, until she finally decided that it was time to wake up her brother. She walked over to him quickly, and gave him a few light taps on the side with her boot.

"Jacob. Jacob, get up" She commanded him, immediately turning around and continuing, knowing he would just brag about how his plan to get into one of the Murder Games did work after all. "Now that we're here, I suggest we establish a few rules... One, we stay by each other's side and watch each other's backs. Two, we do NOT make enemies. Three..." She turned her head to her brother and gave him a serious look.

tumblr_inline_o2znef8TYs1trpkkl_500.gif

"... Don't be an idiot this time."
"Huh?" Opening his eyes blearily, Jacob frowns. Typical, the first thing he lays eyes upon after managing to get them here, was her ugly mug giving him a stern talking to. Nodding in agreement, if only to silence her, he mutters sleepily "Aye, aye. Cap'n" Standing up and dusting himself off, he looks around for a moment, allowing his sister yet another wonderful moment of silence to savour, before piping up once again
"I've got a rule for you too, sister dearest..." Pausing to grin smugly, he adjusts his clothes "Don't go falling in love with the first man you lay eyes on this time"
tumblr_inline_o2l6pfRXtM1rxifcd_500.gif

"Now, we must ask ourselves; what would dad say?" he says, pacing slightly as he reaches into his pockets and removes a bag of smoke bombs "He always encouraged us to share" he whispers, handing them over to her
"Now. Let's see what wonderful treasures Master Kenway has led us to with his secrets~"

@Ellya

tumblr_o95ytaaMh81v3qowuo1_100.png

"... Sure, if it means that I get to my home as soon as possible... then I'll pitch in my trust and cooperation..."

Still wary of how he even got here, Nier decided that he would go along with this. If it meant that he would be back sooner to his home to try and save his sister, then Nier was going to tag along with this. But for now, he was still cautious, never to fully trust others. Someone from the village had to have led the Shades and the Shadowlord into the village... meaning that his trust in his village had faltered in some way...

If this place was even tied in with the Shadowlord, Nier was sure to be on guard, just like Jesse had said: something or someone out there brought them here for events ill-willed in some way...

@BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @C.T. @Sen @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician
"Thank you, young man, and that's the goal. All of us just want to get home," At least there was one convert to the cause for sure. Better than nothing, and something about the young man told the preacher that he would make for a good partner in this situation.
As Soldier: 76 scanned his surroundings, he heard the voices of the other people as they woke up. Looking down upon the folks, the mystery only deepens on what the hell all of this is. Notably, the old man didn't help anyone get up, instead grabbing his heavy pulse rifle and keeping it close. This amount of people...made things complicated. He didn't want to catch too much attention, and instead he chose to look out the window, reasonably expecting to see a cloud-stained sky.

Of course, all he saw was blue and green, schools of fish sailing in and out of tall, rusted spires and ruins. A dim light shined through the water, shining upon the ruins of the blackened city. "...Great" muttered 76, under his breath. He'll think more about it later on, but for now, the old soldier let out a heavy sigh and turned around, waiting for his ally to rise to his feet.

Soldier_76.jpg

Jesse Custer would take note of a figure staring at him in the distance. A tall man, dressed in a black, blue and white jacket with bits and pieces of combat armor peeking out. Old, grizzled eyes stared at the Preacher through a red visor and a black mask. The man only watched as the kindly preacher tried to rally these people together.

Yeah, like hell that's going to work. He kind of reminded him of himself, though. Whether or not that's a good thing has yet to be seen.

@BarrenThin @The Tactician
Then the old man, one who seemed to be a veteran of some past conflict, stood out to Jesse and he held out a hand to the man, beckoning him over, "And what of you, old timer? You seem a strong enough man to help protect those unable to protect themselves in this place, so will you join with us?"
phantom-of-the-paradise-the-phantom.jpg

A preacher and an angel together?

Winslow supposed stranger meetings have occurred. But while Winslow normally might have had patience and accepted Jesse's suggestion that they should all work together, the Phantom had a different outlook. The 'lord' as it were had already let Winslow down just like so many others. What would make this group any different?

But...He supposed that if he did try to trek it alone, it'd only make him look more like an outsider. If that look Symmetra gave him was any indication. He didn't need to pick fights. Not when he didn't know anything about these people and if any of them had a way to hurt him despite his cursed immortality. But he didn't need to be all that fond of the idea either.

"So, you're proposing we all hold hands and join together in some big friendly alliance, preacher? Sorry if I'm a bit skeptic. Been stabbed in the back more times than I'd like to recall."

The Phantom started before he took a step towards Jesse as he glanced at the man. His voice distorted as it was through the damaged vocoder. "But, if I can't trust a man of the cloth to keep his word than I suppose there really is nobody left to turn to." This was of course meant as a sarcastic quip on Winslow's part given that he'd just been saddled with a rather obnoxious angel moments before arriving here. But he'd go with this alliance for as long as it helped him out and not a moment after. "Name's Winslow Leach. Yours was...Jesse Custer, right?"

@Kaykay @The Tactician @Jeremi

Well, this man was sure to prove to be an interesting person to watch out for. Taking in his appearance, Jesse knew it wasn't right to judge him based only on that fact. Perhaps he would prove to be as good a person as Eugene in Annsville, both disfigured yet good-natured boys who were judged too soon.

"No, no hand-holdin' needed. We're not at revival so none of that is needed," Jesse countered before holding his hand out to the man, "Jesse's enough, Winslow... And if you can't trust a preacher, then how about you trust someone else? Someone else who has been betrayed in the past and just wants to do some good?"

How the man took that last part, the preacher could only hope would be a good manner. He had been taught that the best way to connect with another was to find some sort of common ground, no matter how uncomfortable the memories of your old lover and a former partner made you feel.

Underneath her mask, Gwen pouted deeply.

SKRV3zt.png

"I'm gonna die here, aren't I?"
PH93llL.png

"Well, I'm an angel of death, so chances are you're right on the money! Nice job!"

After giving the girl a congratulations for her potentially accurate guess, she was forced to cover her ears as a certain someone made a loud yell. See, getting excited and making some chaos was one thing. Trying to blow her eardrums out was another thing entirely. Samael gave him a light jab in the shoulder, with the promise of more if he decided to do something like that again.

Her annoyance was quickly abated as she heard something else interesting.

@Verite
"Thank you, young man, and that's the goal. All of us just want to get home," At least there was one convert to the cause for sure. Better than nothing, and something about the young man told the preacher that he would make for a good partner in this situation.

Then the old man, one who seemed to be a veteran of some past conflict, stood out to Jesse and he held out a hand to the man, beckoning him over, "And what of you, old timer? You seem a strong enough man to help protect those unable to protect themselves in this place, so will you join with us?"

Well, this man was sure to prove to be an interesting person to watch out for. Taking in his appearance, Jesse knew it wasn't right to judge him based only on that fact. Perhaps he would prove to be as good a person as Eugene in Annsville, both disfigured yet good-natured boys who were judged too soon.

"No, no hand-holdin' needed. We're not at revival so none of that is needed," Jesse countered before holding his hand out to the man, "Jesse's enough, Winslow... And if you can't trust a preacher, then how about you trust someone else? Someone else who has been betrayed in the past and just wants to do some good?"

How the man took that last part, the preacher could only hope would be a good manner. He had been taught that the best way to connect with another was to find some sort of common ground, no matter how uncomfortable the memories of your old lover and a former partner made you feel.

"Hehe, a preacher and an angel! What are the chances? Oh, before you ask, I don't remember every preacher in every world so I can't say whether you're going to Heaven or Hell. But hey, if we all just die here, even if we don't go home we'll go to Heaven or Hell, right? Wanna come with me to Hell? ...I mean, uh, Heaven?"

The fallen angel suggested such a thing with an incredibly bright smile, faltering only for a second as she accidentally suggested the incorrect resting place.

@T.O.M. @The Tactician

• Love
Reactions: Chewy Rabbits
Prologue: Lost again

'Tch... Damn... How could I get lost AGAIN!?!" the male yelled in frustration as he wandered aimlessly in the woods he was in. He stopped sighing in defeat.

wuJGCQ4.png

This folks was Keaton.... Who has just gotten lost on his way home after visiting his friends...

"...Wonder how the pack is doing without me...?" he spoke to himself as he notices it begin to rain.

"Damn... As if this day couldn't get any worse..." he remarks trying to shield himself from the downpour of the rain that only seemed to get heavier. However his luck seems to change as he stumbles upon a supposedly abandoned cave.

Lc3QJcS.png

"Heh... I think my luck is beginning to turn around..." Keaton remarks happy to have shelter from the heavy rain. He was drenched in water after all. Once inside the cave he relaxed and ended up falling asleep while trying to wait out the rain.

KANA'S PROLOGUE
FLOWERS FOR MOTHER

tumblr_o4h6uoWuF91qexat9o7_400.jpg

"Mama! Hey, Mama!" a shrill cry rang out through the air, an excited bundle of joy running down the paths of the astral plane. In her hand were a bunch of flowers, their petals a golden yellow that reflected the warmth and kindness Kana knew her mother had. Not just for her, but for everyone she had met and befriended here in her castle. "Mama!" she called out again, skipping past the rod shop and Lilith's temple and towards the inside of the castle where her mother and her friends would hold meetings to discuss the 'adult stuff'. If she guessed correctly, her mother should have just come out from the scary meeting room. But then again, she was a busy person and never had a lot of time off for herself.

A voice answered her call. "Yes, Kana? What is it?" To her, her mother's voice was like a soft lullaby. She loved to hear her speak, because that meant she could be near her mother. And if her mother was nearby… that meant playtime! As she turned the corner, the floor cold underneath her bare feet, she spotted a woman with long, wavy black hair. It curled around her back and her shoulders, her fringe held back by a hairband where a white rose was fastened onto the accessory. It stood out against the blackness of her hair, and Kana always found it so pretty.

VmwJuMW.png

Kana presented her flowers to the woman, a beaming smile on her face. "Look! I picked some pretty flowers for you! They're yellow like the sun and warm like you!" her brown eyes were sparkling. She knew her mother loved flowers, plenty grew on the outskirts of the castle walls. Sometimes she would go by herself – she was a big girl now – or sometimes she would drag someone else out to come with her. Mother was kind and accepting, she gladly took anything her people offered her, even the stuff Keaton gave her and those had weird smells! "Do you really like them?"

The woman blinked at the girl for a few seconds, a look of surprise on her face. "Wow! They're beautiful! Thank you, Kana!" She took the bouquet of flowers, their stalks neatly bunched together, from the girl. Lifting it to her nose, she took a deep sniff of the daisies, sighing happily. "I love them! But, you've been bringing me an awful lot of flowers lately." An eyebrow rose, "What's got into you?"

VU8OHAT.png

The little girl giggled to herself, hiding her mouth with her hands. "I just remembered when I was real little, we'd go looking at flowers together, Mama. You always smiled so much, and I love your smile! So I decided to start bringing you lots and lots of flowers!" After all, who wouldn't smile if someone brought them their favourite things? Kana always smiled when she could see apples sitting on the table, free for someone to pluck and eat. With a skip and a hop, she threw herself at her mother, laughing as she caught her under the arms. Her mother was laughing too, she was happy and that made Kana happy too.

"Heehee, I didn't realize you were keeping such a close eye on me… but I do have a small favour to ask of you."

nMrr8g0.png

The girl looked up from where her cheek had been resting against her mother, wide and questioning eyes blinking up at her from below. There was an expression of confusion on her face, mixing with worry, but she was somewhat happy her mother was finally relying on her to do something. People never asked her to do favours. "Anything, Mama. What do you need?" she asked her, starting to become excited.

Her mother's voice lowered, adopting a more serious tone. "Remember how I told you that flowers are living beings, just like you and me?" Kana felt a finger poke at her forehead, making her stifle a laugh as she swatted the woman's hands away, rubbing her forehead with a pout. "It means if you pick them, you're hurting them. And then they can't eat or drink anymore, so they start to wither away."

MrTeDBo.png

"Huh?" Kana broke away from her mother, her hands going cover her mouth. "Oh no! I- I've been hurting the flowers?" She could feel a dull thud behind her eyes, she hated to see anyone or anything hurt. She had no clue that she had been bullying the flowers, how sad they must be to see her plucking them all the time! "It was an accident!" she began to wail softly. "I'm sorry for being a big meanie-"

Arms went around the little girl, cuddling her closer to the woman as she patted the girl's head. "I'm sure they'll forgive you, now that you understand. But promise me that you won't pick them again, okay?" her voice was soft. She wasn't angry at Kana, her mother rarely was. Even during moments the girl thought she would be, like the first time she had turned into a dragon... her mother was the nicest person she knew in the encampment.

Now how was she going to make her mother smile? "Okay! B- but...if I do that, then how can I show you the neat flowers I find?"

Her mother looked thoughtful for a second, her eyes gazing out of the window and beyond the strong and sturdy walls of the camp, where forests laid sprawled out where wild animals roamed and flowers grew wild but beautiful. "Easy! Just come tell me when you've found some, and we'll go together to look."

VmwJuMW.png

Kana's sad frown turned into a small smile and shining eyes. "Really? You won't be too busy?" she asked. "Mama is always so busy with work," she commented. It was true, the only times Kana saw her alone relaxing was at night with her father, but even then she sometimes worked late into the night. Kana rarely had fun with her mother but when she did, it was so fun!

"Never for you, my little Kana-bean." She ruffled her soft, black hair.

VU8OHAT.png

The little girl laughed at the nickname before giving her mother one last hug, squeezing her waist. "Okay, it's a deal! We'll go look at nice flowers together! That's a promise, Mama!" She broke away from the woman, waving with a glowing expression. "I'll go look now!" Without another word, she skipped out of the inner building, deciding on where to find the most beautiful patch of flowers.

Outside of the safety of the walls, Kana had to make sure she looked after herself. People didn't come with her all the time, so she always needed to bring her trusty Dragonstone – she patted her pocket – and one of the spare swords. Sometimes when she came out here into the wilds, she would see Kisaragi hiding in the woods, silently waiting for game to come by or tracking animals. He was talented with a bow, Kana was never so good with that weapon. Sometimes she would spot Asugi hauling a giant sack of what she could only guess was candy into the bushes, hiding it from his parents. But today, she was alone.

MrTeDBo.png

She looked around, trying to find a suitable place to start looking. There were several daisy patches nearby, but she had already been to them. Kana could still see the fresh patch of plucked flowers from this morning, and she suddenly felt very guilty when she remembered what her mother had said. Slowly, she approached the daisies. "I'm really, really sorry, pretty flowers! I didn't mean to hurt you all those times." The girl sniffed, "I hope you can forgive me."

At that moment, there was a flash of light from the corner of her eyes. A bright blue light she had never seen before. She looked left and right, but could see nothing. "What was that?" she wondered aloud, stepping away from the flowers to find what had caught her attention. Peering between the thick trunks of the gnarled trees was a glowing ball of light, hovering just a few feet from the ground. Was it a new pretty flower? Could she go and show it to her mother? She took a step forward, shielding her eyes from the light, when it all -

200_s.gif

"O- Ouch…" she rubbed the back of her head as she sat up. "Did I trip over something?" She drew her hand back from the ground and blinked. It was wet. Kana dared herself to lift her head up and realized that the sky was not the bright blue she remembered. Where were the fluffy white clouds that looked like bunnies? Instead it was a murky gray fading in a blackness as dark as her hair. "W- Where am I?" she shivered from the cold, wrapping her arms around herself. The place was too dark, too scary. There were giant buildings with lights sticking out of the hard, hard ground. "Mama? Mama!"

@Everyone @The Kawaii Krew @Crow
Prologue - The Magic ends at Midnight.

It was just a regular night. Two young ones can be seen walking along.

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Hey, Mirei, great job today. I almost thought you'd lose it without Shouko. I guess some of her spreading to you isn't such a bad thing, is it?"

KYFjDuF.webp

"I guess so. We should pay her a visit tomorrow. Don't want her to be worried about today's LIVE on top of her common cold."

WBJfeMo.jpg

"You've grown quite a bit, Mirei."

mKSgCsB.webp

"Wha- what do you mean? What is that supposed to mean?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Metaphorically. Or literal in a mental sense. At first, you were just a lone wolf. I promised to make you a Cinderella, but I guess I made you a... whatever Fairy Tale Princess makes tonnes of friends. Snow White maybe? Haha."

mKSgCsB.webp

"What kind of comparison is that?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Well, you made a lot of friends on your journey. You went beyond what I envisioned you to be," the lad chuckles, "by the way, you're kind of cute when you blush..."

n0dMxd6.webp

"... are we doing this again?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"... but not as cute as Hanazawa-Girl~!" the lad snickers.

mKSgCsB.webp

"I knew it! Producer, you jerk! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I'll claw you!" the lass says as she punches the dude in the stomach.

WBJfeMo.jpg

"I guess I am a jerk," the one known as 'Producer' laughs, "alright, alright, I might have went a little too far. Oh look! A vending machine! Let me make it up to you."

The 'Producer' man inserted coins into a vending machine.

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Machine malfunctions... it'll take a while..."

A volley of cans were heard raining upon.

iPlzNRf.webp

"We didn't use up all our luck now, did we?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Looky looky," Producer picks a purple can from the fallen batch, "grape."

oXY7KPL.jpg

"Nothing like can grape on a good night!"

iPlzNRf.webp

"I'm curious. Who is this 'Hanazawa-Girl' you keep speaking about? I've never seen her before," Mirei gulps a purple can of substance, "are you so delusional about your quest for a girlfriend that you just made your own up? You're not one of those guys, are you?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

Producer spews flames made from a purple-hued carbonated beverage. "Where did you get that from? First of all, she is not my girlfriend yet, and second of all, she is as real as you and I."

mKSgCsB.webp

"Yeeeeaaaaah..."

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Mirei!" Producer holds the young cyclops close as he checks his watch. "Something's coming."

mKSgCsB.webp

"H- hey! What's the big idea, I'll claw-"

A spirally blue portal appeared.

iPlzNRf.webp

"- you. WHAT IS THAT?"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"GAH! It's pulling us in!"

Mirei was sucked into the portal.

mKSgCsB.webp

"PRRROOOODDDUUUUCEEERRR!"

WBJfeMo.jpg

"Oomph! It's no use... why isn't this portal accepting me? That's it!" Producer, failing to ram through the portal as if it was protected by a specific invisible barrier, decides to throw an odd book into it. "My presence cannot protect you, but my wisdom can..."

The portal closes.

WBJfeMo.jpg

"So, were you watching me all the time," Producer turns his back, "sister?"

glXTgGe.jpg

"You shouldn't try interfere with what the cosmos has to offer, because it is futile, even for beings like us, Kido Maki."

WBJfeMo.jpg

Producer appears ticked. "I follow that policy, but rules are meant to broken, especially when my girls are involved, Karasuma Madoka."

glXTgGe.jpg

"So that is how you want to play huh..." the tall lady seemed cross, "very well then, brother..."

Down the rabbit hole Mirei went. Unfortunately for her, this was no Wonderland. No Mad Hatter, no Chesire Cat and no whimsical adventures.

I might be lying about the last part.

Mirei wakes up, only to see darkness. She feels some sort of fabric in her hands... a conical hat, perhaps? Based on its shape, it was much like that of a stereotypical witch. Whatever veiled her eyes and nose, it smelled like seawater and fish. Must've been some sort of sea witch who owned this hat. Mirei tried to look around to see if someone was wearing compatible witch robes and missing a hat.

However, some sort of weight held her down, preventing her from raising her body. Curse you gravity!

iPlzNRf.webp

"Who turned off the lights?"

As she removes the headgear from her vision, back into the correct position, the darkness was removed and the sight of a steampunk brown city with fishes, squids and whales in place of birds and planes was seen.

Oh, and a pale-skinned lass was on her too, sleeping like a beast. She was rather light and appeared to have some form of medieval dons. Her hair was grey in hue, or was it a shining silver or platinum blonde? Her ears were pointed, much like mythical vampires, elves, demons, and other assorted mythical humanoids. She was rather tiny though. Was she a fairy? She must as well be. Maybe she was part dragon.

mKSgCsB.webp

"Ugh... excuse me Miss, you might be lying on me and I can't get up- huh? This isn't even the 2000s, is it?"

Welcome to Rapture, Hayasaka Mirei. Population: How should I know? Ask the damn locals.

iPlzNRf.webp

"What is this? How to Sieve through a Murder Game by Kido Maki? What's a Murder Game? I don't know, but this doesn't seem like a popular book."

Mirei finds an odd book and reads through it.

"I have no need for this, but I know someone who'll want this, better put this in my inventory."

lnteraction:

@Sen @Hana

@Kaykay @Minerva @Crow @LuckycoolHawk9 @Crimson Spartan @Verite

@Bomb @Yata @york

GMs:

@Jeremi @Verite @Minerva

"...What the hell...?"

zqOhPXI.png

Keaton had awoken in a blur of confusion. Just where the hell was he..? This sure didn't seem like that nice cave he had taken shelter... So still drenched and in some unfamiliar area. Damn this was not his day. However a voice seems to snap Keaton out of his daze...

"Mama? Mama!"

"Tch... Kana!... Kana! Is that you...?" Keaton would call out in response.He had gotten up quickly in a bit of a panic as he quickly looked around only to finally find her.

Lc3QJcS.png

"Kana!... So glad to see you!..GAH! Tail.. Stop... Wagging..." Keaton had spoken as he ran to her. He was excited to see someone he knew here at least... So much so that he didn't even see Mirei at first. His tail wagging despite his protests.

@Crow @Sen @Jeremi @Everyone Else

Reactions: Mu
Niko overheard some girl with a annoyingly optimistic look on this whole situation, he snorted loudly and walked over to the girl

"What can you exactly do to help, I'm pretty sure we can't do anything until we know where hell we are." He pause a moment before pulling out a damp package of cigarettes, he was never one to smoke, but this looked like as good as anytime to start

"Yo pinkie, you got any smokes on you." He asked
"You shouldn't be so negative, mister," Vanille responded.

tumblr_inline_o9g4xni8qj1sp0qi5_500.gif

"Besides, this place may be a bit creepy, but it's amazing! I've never been to a place that's under water. Isn't it exciting?"

At hearing the man asking her for some 'smokes,' and seeing the pack of cigarettes he held, the young woman's face scrunched up. She shook her head once more and replied, "Nope."

"And my name is Vanille."

tumblr_inline_o9g5biivjO1sp0qi5_500.png

"Not 'Pinkie.'"

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @otherslol

Status
Not open for further replies.