Status
Not open for further replies.
landscape-1464079684-pre-101-lj-0208-0059-rt.JPG

"Uh..."

A kid running around and claiming to be a little angel at a time other than Halloween, Christmas, or Easter Sunday. Jesse had to admit, that was a new one, but just like on all those other occasions, he wasn't going to pop the girl's bubble (even if it was a little creep she claimed to be an angel of death).

"Well, that's a nice offer, miss angel, but you shouldn't be going around saying that sort of thing in a situation like this. You should be thinking positively, about getting out by working together as a group and going home, not about your "job"."

@BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @A Tiny Fool @C.T. @Sen @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Kaykay @T.O.M.
wIxYcCP.png

"Hm...Actually I'd prefer to live too, so that makes sense."

Unaware of the fact that he wasn't really taking her seriously, she spoke a little softer as she thought over his words. She really wasn't up to dying again, so she figured the whole cooperation thing wouldn't be so bad. She'd managed it with Setsuna and Cerberus, doing the same with a crowd 20 times bigger was surely no problem. Maybe. As long as any of them didn't particularly bother her.

"...Which way is home, anyway? We're underwater so, up? Unless there's any fish or sea monsters among us."
Winslow stared reluctantly at the hand as it was offered out to him. The last time he had shook someone's hand? It'd been with Swan and Winslow knew all too well how that turned out. But something about this preacher didn't seem off like it had with Swan. The phantom didn't feel like he was getting the short end of the stick to say the least. Slowly grasping Jesse's hand, Winslow decided to try speaking out Jesse's name once again. To see if he could get a firm grasp on it like he had with Phoenix's name. All the while showing off those razor sharp metal teeth of his that had been forcibly given to him by a doctor hired by-you guessed it-Swan.

500full-phantom-of-the-paradise-screenshot.jpg

"..Jesse...Jesse. Jesse. Sorry for repeating myself. Isn't too easy to speak with this thing."

Winslow explained as he gestured to the vocoder strapped to his chest before pointing up to his neck. "Vocal chords damaged, incident with a record press. Need to choose my words very carefully lest someone risk misunderstanding what I'm saying." Getting your voice garbled through an electronic box from the mid 1970s wasn't the most efficient way of communicating after all. "...Do some good, huh? I'd like to do something like that." Of course Winslow didn't elaborate further on what he meant by that. He doubted Jesse would have approved of what Winslow had in mind. Which was to take Samael and make Swan pay for every little thing he had done to Winslow.

But his thoughts ended up being a bit more jumbled when suddenly.

phantom_of_the_paradise.jpg

"Ow."
Rubbing at where he'd been jabbed, Winslow raised an eyebrow behind his mask. So that's the kind of angel this girl was? Well, he supposed it explained a few things. Like her devil-may-care attitude. If all she dealt with were people on the brink of death or close to it then what was the point of being serious? Their time was about to run out. Best to make their last few moments as obnoxious as possible, he supposed. Which of course made sense when dealing with the dying. But Winslow wasn't among that very distinct group. Or at least he wouldn't be until he got his revenge. On account of the wound he had inflicted upon himself by stabbing his heart with a hunting knife. Once Swan perished then the wound would open and Winslow would almost certainly bleed to death.

...Maybe Samael coming was just foreshadowing the inevitable then. But what a cruel truth it was. To bring him the angel of death when he'd be behind his own death. Whilst gaining his revenge at the same time. Perhaps once this was all settled however, she could take down Swan and put Winslow out of his misery.

But that was the future and they were in the present. Watching as Samael seemed to creep Jesse out, Winslow shook his head.

"She's not just a deranged little girl. She's the genuine article..."

@Kaykay @The Tactician
YRw9gGr.png

"He thinks I'm deranged?!"

"Oh, hello." Kwangsoo gestured at Faith. "You know? Why, here?" Kwangsoo said, as if he is asking why everyone was down here. "We kidnap?" Kwangsoo continued to gesture with his body to signify what he is actually saying.

@Yata @everyone else​
"Hey," Faith greeted at the man, tilting her head up so that she can talk to him eye-to-eye.

She raise her eyebrows slightly as she attempted to study Kwangsoo's body language. Guess the guy can't speak English very well.

"I don't know why we are here either." Faith answered but slowed her usual pace down so the man can understand. "Don't think anyone knows."

"Kidnapped?" Faith asked rhetorically, crossing her arms. "You know, looking at all of us here, that could have been the case."

@Bomb @MINNAAAAAAA

"If we work together, I'm sure we'll make it back to our homes, safe and sound, " she told Nier.

She then looked over at Niko.

tumblr_inline_o9g5coj0iV1sp0qi5_500.png

"I come from a world called Gran Pulse. And on that world I lived in a village called Oerba. Where are you from, Niko?"

Talking about where she came from made her miss home and everyone even more. If only she could be back there. With Fang... and the others... Her family.

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Gran Pulse. I'm afraid I have never heard of that place before. I'm from a large city called Liberty City, in a country known as America." Niko said

He turned his attention to Nier. "What about you friend? Care to share about yourself?" He asked Nier

@Gummi Bunnies

McCree grinned at 76. "C'mon, boss... You know me. I don't go looking for danger, usually. It finds me." He grimaced after a moment, though. "Damn, that thing hit like a truck." The cowboy drew the Peacekeeper and eyed up the preacher before stepping a bit more slowly after 76, his other hand still on his side. Patrol seemed smart. "Any guess as to where we are? Don't seem like no place I've been before."

@The Tactician
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
Jesse eyed the cowboy back as well, taking in his overall appearance. A cowboy... robot? Huh, ain't that a sight... "Keep an eye on your friend, cowboy. Don't want anyone getting into hurting." Not much else could be said at the moment, as the man had already walked away to join the grizzled soldier in 'patrolling'.
Winslow stared reluctantly at the hand as it was offered out to him. The last time he had shook someone's hand? It'd been with Swan and Winslow knew all too well how that turned out. But something about this preacher didn't seem off like it had with Swan. The phantom didn't feel like he was getting the short end of the stick to say the least. Slowly grasping Jesse's hand, Winslow decided to try speaking out Jesse's name once again. To see if he could get a firm grasp on it like he had with Phoenix's name. All the while showing off those razor sharp metal teeth of his that had been forcibly given to him by a doctor hired by-you guessed it-Swan.

500full-phantom-of-the-paradise-screenshot.jpg

"..Jesse...Jesse. Jesse. Sorry for repeating myself. Isn't too easy to speak with this thing."

Winslow explained as he gestured to the vocoder strapped to his chest before pointing up to his neck. "Vocal chords damaged, incident with a record press. Need to choose my words very carefully lest someone risk misunderstanding what I'm saying." Getting your voice garbled through an electronic box from the mid 1970s wasn't the most efficient way of communicating after all. "...Do some good, huh? I'd like to do something like that." Of course Winslow didn't elaborate further on what he meant by that. He doubted Jesse would have approved of what Winslow had in mind. Which was to take Samael and make Swan pay for every little thing he had done to Winslow.

But his thoughts ended up being a bit more jumbled when suddenly.

phantom_of_the_paradise.jpg

"Ow."
Rubbing at where he'd been jabbed, Winslow raised an eyebrow behind his mask. So that's the kind of angel this girl was? Well, he supposed it explained a few things. Like her devil-may-care attitude. If all she dealt with were people on the brink of death or close to it then what was the point of being serious? Their time was about to run out. Best to make their last few moments as obnoxious as possible, he supposed. Which of course made sense when dealing with the dying. But Winslow wasn't among that very distinct group. Or at least he wouldn't be until he got his revenge. On account of the wound he had inflicted upon himself by stabbing his heart with a hunting knife. Once Swan perished then the wound would open and Winslow would almost certainly bleed to death.

...Maybe Samael coming was just foreshadowing the inevitable then. But what a cruel truth it was. To bring him the angel of death when he'd be behind his own death. Whilst gaining his revenge at the same time. Perhaps once this was all settled however, she could take down Swan and put Winslow out of his misery.

But that was the future and they were in the present. Watching as Samael seemed to creep Jesse out, Winslow shook his head.

"She's not just a deranged little girl. She's the genuine article..."

@Kaykay @The Tactician
wIxYcCP.png

Unaware of the fact that he wasn't really taking her seriously, she spoke a little softer as she thought over his words. She really wasn't up to dying again, so she figured the whole cooperation thing wouldn't be so bad. She'd managed it with Setsuna and Cerberus, doing the same with a crowd 20 times bigger was surely no problem. Maybe. As long as any of them didn't particularly bother her.

"...Which way is home, anyway? We're underwater so, up? Unless there's any fish or sea monsters among us."

YRw9gGr.png

"It's alright. Sounds like you've been through hell and back," Jesse waved off the concern that Winslow seemed to have about his condition, "And yeah, a bit good. Glad to hear you're on board for something like that." However, before they could turn to a different topic, the masked man suddenly threw him under the boss with the little 'death angel'. Holding back the urge to cuss in front of the girl, he shook his head with an apologetic grin, "Not at all, kiddo. You're an angel, I got it."

PH93llL.png

"Well, I'm an angel of death, so chances are you're right on the money! Nice job!"

After giving the girl a congratulations for her potentially accurate guess, she was forced to cover her ears as a certain someone made a loud yell. See, getting excited and making some chaos was one thing. Trying to blow her eardrums out was another thing entirely. Samael gave him a light jab in the shoulder, with the promise of more if he decided to do something like that again.

Her annoyance was quickly abated as she heard something else interesting.

@Verite

"Hehe, a preacher and an angel! What are the chances? Oh, before you ask, I don't remember every preacher in every world so I can't say whether you're going to Heaven or Hell. But hey, if we all just die here, even if we don't go home we'll go to Heaven or Hell, right? Wanna come with me to Hell? ...I mean, uh, Heaven?"

The fallen angel suggested such a thing with an incredibly bright smile, faltering only for a second as she accidentally suggested the incorrect resting place.

@T.O.M. @The Tactician

Gwen really wished she knew Morse code so she could tap "S.O.S." with her feet.

@Kaykay
"Of course I'm talking to you! Spider Gwen, natch. Doing whatever a spider drummer can do! And...oh dammit, right. Pen and paper. Crud. Didn't really have that on me through that little multiversal journey. Twists and turns and falls...lions, bears and tigers oh my! Well uh, I would say you could write it on my sleeve but I don't have anything you can use to write with. Maybe a selfie? I got my phone. That'd be just as good--oh right right, explanations. I read all about them, duh. I know all the secret identities...though that's not exactly as fun as it could be. Eeeeeesh some of those worlds...anyways, my name's Gwen Pool--" She trailed off as that question sunk in. Gwen quickly glanced down at herself, giving the whole costume a look over before raising her gaze back up at other Gwen, more than a little downhearted.

qGETlCT.jpg

"Dude...you really think this costume's ghetto? That stings."
"W-Well... maybe... a little..."

Gwen looked at her own costume, wondered if she should even be talking, and then shrugged.

Vp6YbX3.png

"A-Anyway, more importantly..." Gwen continued, attempting to gather her bearings as she'd put on a serious face that would show through her mask, "Jeez, and I thought I was the overly talky one... Uh, so you know about my secret identity, and that I... uh, drummed. Okay. That's not creepy at all. Not even the fact that your name is Gwen something too... And you read about them... in what exactly? The Daily Bugle?"

"... Shoot, ol' Jameson didn't figure it out, did he? Dad didn't spill the beans, did he? I can only hope that--"

@C.T. @york
-Tywin Lannister's Intro-
Hear Me Roar

---

d1ce2b5a64d4b340a7532de6981b66c4.jpg

"Your mother is dead, before long I will be dead, you, your brother, your sister, her children- all of us. All of us rotting underground - that is a fact. It is the family name that lives on, that is all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, only the family name. Do you understand? We could build a dynasty that could last a thousand years, or we could crumble like the Targaryens."

"This'll be my last war... win or lose."

"Do you want to write a song for the dead Starks? Go ahead, write one. I'm in this world a little while longer to defend the Lannisters, to defend my blood."

"You're no son of mine."

---

The memories blurred and flashed, from the razing of Castamere to the duel of the Viper and the Mountain, his life flashed before his very eyes. A numbness was felt in his stomach and shoulder, a gasp of life escaping his aged and weary lips. Blacken and bluish blobs of things organized themselves into details, the dripping of water and the groaning of steel echoing ominously in this metallic labyrinth. For what seemed like ages, Tywin Lannister of House Lannister laid upon the torn ground, staring in awe at the decrepit pillars of stone, shattered glass and torn banners etching a hall that looked like the envy of even the Valyrian Freehold.

Arising slowly onto his feet, a pain resonating in his head, the Great Lion leaned down, plucking in his right hand a finely-forged longsword, the head of a lion symbolically etched as the pommel. The Lannisters long lost their Brightroar, their family sword, ironic for a house that has seen both great fall and greater power. One step after another, Tywin saw what was before him, having awoken a far distance away from other confused and bewildered strangers.

Standing on a small balcony, what was once an operator station of sorts, the strategist narrowed his eyes, hiding his shock as he gazed slowly around. His cloak of red fluttering in gentle uneasiness, his distinct armor shiny yet rustic, fitting the almost rotten state of this foreign world. Whilst he was no scholar, he couldn't help but think of those damnable Ironborn and their ramblings of the Drowned God and his underwater hall. Was this it? Had his soul fell into the depths of the waters, clung to by a warmongering god?

Tightening his expression, pushing aside the absurdity of such thoughts, Lord Tywin descended from the stairs, slowly, surely, and above all else proudly before the others. What resonance of shock that coursed through his veins turned into strength and determination, the old man never breaking his face, never smiling, always stern and solemn. Walking among the others, his longsword brandished clearly in his right hand, the general looked around, seeing none of his men nor anyone that looked familiar, surrounded by fools and children.

"So this is what the Gods have decided for me." he announced blankly and to nobody in particular, gazing off warily at that seemingly thin wall of glass separating the group and a near trillion gallons of pure seawater. "I have to play babysitter to, what, children? So-called heroes?" Tywin grumbled, sighing softly, having no patience for such squabbling and introductions. Yes, he had not the faintest of clue what was happening or where was he, but the Great Lion of the Rock was far from afraid or willing to diddle-dally about. There was people around him, people vital to his survival and, in part, their own survival. As a duty to his family, as a duty to the Lannisters, he had to remain alive just a bit longer. Maybe, just maybe, it would bring his name more renown and fear.

"Gather the wounded and help any distraught. Anyone refusing to cooperate, kill them." Tywin remarked haphazardly and with apathy, looking over at the black-skinned, blue-dressed individual mumbling about art styles. Sneering to himself, murmuring something about Essos, Tywin gazed off more towards the sea, his orders clear and his tone of a strong and focused tactician clear. An evil man? Yes, but a man that has earned his reputation as not only a winner of wars but a winner of restoring his family name.

@Jeremi @BarrenThin @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Gummi Bunnies @C.T. @Sen @Ringmaster @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Atomyk @Errybody in da club
"SHUT UUUUUUUP I'M GOING THROUGH A PERSONAL CRISIS HERE!"

@Krieg <3​

Last edited:
Niko rolled his eyes at her optimism, she was almost like a female Roman, always looking on the bright side of things, even in the bleakest of circumstances, poor girl would be ripped apart in Liberty City.

"Vanille, that's a .....unique name, I'm Niko Bellic, but, just call me Niko." He said flatly as threw the soggy cigarettes to the ground, grinding them underfoot

"So Vanille...where are you from?" Niko asked curiously, if he was stuck underneath the ocean, having someone like Vanille as an ally might keep him from blowing his brains out

@Gummi Bunnies
"If we work together, I'm sure we'll make it back to our homes, safe and sound, " she told Nier.

She then looked over at Niko.

tumblr_inline_o9g5coj0iV1sp0qi5_500.png

"I come from a world called Gran Pulse. And on that world I lived in a village called Oerba. Where are you from, Niko?"

Talking about where she came from made her miss home and everyone even more. If only she could be back there. With Fang... and the others... Her family.

@Gummi Bunnies @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty
"Gran Pulse. I'm afraid I have never heard of that place before. I'm from a large city called Liberty City, in a country known as America." Niko said

He turned his attention to Nier. "What about you friend? Care to share about yourself?" He asked Nier

@Gummi Bunnies
For a moment, Nier supposed that he would keep quiet for now, but seeing that people would eventually have to band together and work on this cause of returning to... wherever they come from, he thought that maybe this was a good time to introduce himself. He had no idea on how long this would actually take, and he didn't want to be called by any other nickname with people he was just meeting now.

tumblr_o92wrsLroN1v3qowuo7_100.png

"... My name's Nier... I come from one of the last few village settlements on my... world... many creatures... monsters called the Shades... had possibly killed off the human population already... I... I need to hurry back there... there's things I have to do there before..."

Nier wasn't sure how else to put it, thinking about it all. There was simply so much he had to do once he arrived back home... and what if he did it all a moment too late? Not wanting to give these people the worries that he had to worry about, Nier stopped himself before he would finish his sentence.

@A Tiny Fool @Nater Taters @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @ppl​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: 1 person
Prologue: Lost again

'Tch... Damn... How could I get lost AGAIN!?!" the male yelled in frustration as he wandered aimlessly in the woods he was in. He stopped sighing in defeat.

wuJGCQ4.png

This folks was Keaton.... Who has just gotten lost on his way home after visiting his friends...

"...Wonder how the pack is doing without me...?" he spoke to himself as he notices it begin to rain.

"Damn... As if this day couldn't get any worse..." he remarks trying to shield himself from the downpour of the rain that only seemed to get heavier. However his luck seems to change as he stumbles upon a supposedly abandoned cave.

Lc3QJcS.png

"Heh... I think my luck is beginning to turn around..." Keaton remarks happy to have shelter from the heavy rain. He was drenched in water after all. Once inside the cave he relaxed and ended up falling asleep while trying to wait out the rain.

"...What the hell...?"

zqOhPXI.png

Keaton had awoken in a blur of confusion. Just where the hell was he..? This sure didn't seem like that nice cave he had taken shelter... So still drenched and in some unfamiliar area. Damn this was not his day. However a voice seems to snap Keaton out of his daze...

"Mama? Mama!"

"Tch... Kana!... Kana! Is that you...?" Keaton would call out in response.He had gotten up quickly in a bit of a panic as he quickly looked around only to finally find her.

Lc3QJcS.png

"Kana!... So glad to see you!..GAH! Tail.. Stop... Wagging..." Keaton had spoken as he ran to her. He was excited to see someone he knew here at least... So much so that he didn't even see Mirei at first. His tail wagging despite his protests.

@Crow @Sen @Jeremi @Everyone Else
latest

Skyla woke up in Rapture. The smell of sea salt was what woke her up. The music softly played above her. Skyla slowly woke up, and brushed off her clothes. She straightened her shirt, and wiped some spit from her mouth. She patted her holster to check if her knife was still there. "Alright, and I still have Swanna." She grabbed the pokeball at her side. "So, I'm prepared."

A girl approached her to ask if they were in 2000's.

"I'm sorry, I don't know where we are." Skyla said apologetically. "We should find out!"

@Crow
@Whoever @Too Many Tags!

Wolf ears? Was this her dad?

n0dMxd6.webp

"Hey Mister... your daughter is kind of... uh... I can't get up. Mind helping me out here?" Mirei waves the large witch hat that had the scent of the oceans in her arms.

The redhead near her responded that they should 'find out'.

mKSgCsB.webp

"Why do I have a bad feeling about 'finding out'? And who are you guys anyways?"

Interaction:

@Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Sen @Hana

• Bucket of Rainbows
"Of course I'm talking to you! Spider Gwen, natch. Doing whatever a spider drummer can do! And...oh dammit, right. Pen and paper. Crud. Didn't really have that on me through that little multiversal journey. Twists and turns and falls...lions, bears and tigers oh my! Well uh, I would say you could write it on my sleeve but I don't have anything you can use to write with. Maybe a selfie? I got my phone. That'd be just as good--oh right right, explanations. I read all about them, duh. I know all the secret identities...though that's not exactly as fun as it could be. Eeeeeesh some of those worlds...anyways, my name's Gwen Pool--" She trailed off as that question sunk in. Gwen quickly glanced down at herself, giving the whole costume a look over before raising her gaze back up at other Gwen, more than a little downhearted.

qGETlCT.jpg

"Dude...you really think this costume's ghetto? That stings."

"Can...can you not stare like that? It is kind of creepy as shit. All blank and....you know what, nevermind. It's you. That's like default for you. All I want really is you to not try to kill everything everywhere in existence before we find out where and how and why and everything expositional about this place. I missed out on some of that before and I refuse this time! SO DON'T BUILD ANY QEDs!"

@Verite @york
Owlman
@Verite @C.T. @Jeremi @Others

As Owlman listened to the strange woman's ramblings, his stare seemed to intensify somehow, and it almost seemed like the air around him had suddenly dropped a few degrees in temperature.

bbPisVQ.gif

"..."

However, underneath the silent, and somewhat creepy stare, Owlman was seriously thinking about what she had requested from him for a moment, if he could find the resources to manufacture another QED, was it worth trying to blow up Earth Prime another time? The prospect seemed promising, but he doubted he would find the resources to do so, let alone a reason... After all, right before that bomb had gone off, he realized that his action of destroying Earth Prime... Would simply create another Universe where he failed, and now, in an alternate Universe that no longer existed, another him had succeeded where he had failed... In the end, it didn't matter... Or did it? Then, Owlman did the unthinkable... He smiled.

BVAwNOs.gif

"Even if I could... I won't need it." He said simply, and all of a sudden that creepy stare was gone.

Not a direct response, but an honest one... It seemed he was a little less irritated realizing that the reason this strange costumed woman was worked up, was because she knew of his potential to destroy all of reality, if he put his mind to it. He shook his head, losing the smile soon enough as he turned his attention back to the glass window overlooking the underwater city, again trying to see what he could find out there in the water.​

• Bucket of Rainbows
MrTeDBo.png

Kana looked down, unaware she was sitting on someone the whole time. Kana thought she was quite strange, her clothing was a very bright pink - definitely not something someone should wear on a battlefield. She scrambled to her feet, stumbling and landing back down on the damp floor on her bottom. "Waah!" she cried out, "I'm sorry! I didn't know you were there!"

She stood herself up once more, shuddering at how small she was compared to everything else around her. The whole place smelt bad, too wet, and it wasn't a nice hot spring smell like back in her mother's camp. Now realizing that she was nowhere near camp, nowhere near her mother, she was about to cry to herself when she heard a very familiar voice that made her heart wrench. It wasn't mother, but it was someone she knew. "Keaton!" she raised her arms up with joy, running towards the beast-man. She slammed right into him, bursting into tears right there and then. "K- Keaton! Mama's gone and I'm scared and this place smells funny!"

@Crow @Crimson Spartan @Hana @Kaykay @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Yata

935d0bbc13aaaa9bff9d1c4454443e36.png

"For once we're in agreement, angel."

Living was worthwhile, at least for the moment. It wasn't as if Winslow had anything great to look forward to. His life had taken a terrible turn and given everything that happened to him? Including the fact that he had murdered a prison guard and escaped from Sing Sing? Life would never be the same even if he wasn't the Phantom. So, best to simply make sure nothing happened to Samael. If he needed to think of something positive? It'd be thinking of all the creative ways Samael might dispose of Swan. It'd be a glorious final sight for Winslow to lay his eyes on before he too perished.

...Depending on where he went-not that Winslow particularly had deep faith in religion to begin with-would he just end up meeting with her again anyway? He supposed he wouldn't have minded the company. The two of them could make Swan pay for all eternity.

What a pleasant thing to look forward to.
Oh.

That hadn't been the response Winslow had expected her to have. He had imagined she would have laughed off the accusation or let it fly over her head. But given how she had addressed him when he told her how he believed an angel should be? It's likely she was more intelligent than she let on. Something Winslow would have to take great care not to underestimate. Though given his current status, Winslow couldn't help but feel comfortable enough to make a little jab.

"It seems that he doesn't think so."

*beat*

"But I do."

o9gRi6uCahuwmOIY24kgvf3gctEOCetf5JgO58gn7lo.jpg

@Kaykay @The Tactician

@Kaykay

Gwen looked at her own costume, wondered if she should even be talking, and then shrugged.

Vp6YbX3.png

"A-Anyway, more importantly..." Gwen continued, attempting to gather her bearings as she'd put on a serious face that would show through her mask, "Jeez, and I thought I was the overly talky one... Uh, so you know about my secret identity, and that I... uh, drummed. Okay. That's not creepy at all. And you read about them... in what exactly? The Daily Bugle?"

"... Shoot, ol' Jameson didn't figure it out, did he? Dad didn't spill the beans, did he? I can only hope that--"

@C.T. @york

@Krieg <3​
Soldier: 76 twitched, as of all these voices, he heard Gwens above all. See, when it comes to kids, 76 can't be too angry. He recalls himself being a reckless punk when he was growing up on the farm, before the military shaped him into something better (both figuratively and literally, ahem..). He'd be a hypocrite to hate kids...

...but, then again.

76 turned around to Gwen, assuming the angry formation that once instilled fear into the hearts of reckless Overwatch agents. "I'm sorry, but would you PLEASE just shut the FU--" he was about to say something different...before he let out a tired sigh, scratching his head. "Calm down, just calm down. Your identity doesn't matter, what matters is that you get out here in one piece." 76 would say in the direction of Gwen.

From the perspective of the teen, its odd that this old timer is turning his rage against her...but, hey, he's wearing a weird mask too, so maby he has a secret identity?

Oh, why the hell would he know what Spider Gwen of all people in this underwater deathtrap is thinking?

@Verite @Krieg @BarrenThin @The Tactician @THE CULT OF GRANDPA​

......Well. That wasn't something the Torch didn't prepare you for. Lucifer as soon as his partner was alright, would be staring in awe out the window. His hand resting upon a few feet of glass that prevented the intrusion of Neptune upon them all. It was beautiful, in a way to reflect the sheer folly of people. This wasn't just a singular building under the sea.

It was an entire city.

Lights flickered in the distance through the water. With his greater senses, he could hear the faint sounds of whale-song. Everything about this place screamed of vision and madness. It was a modern Atlantis, right down to its ruins. And where ruins were, it meant people might not be far behind.

If the voices of those around the radio was any indication.

Clare and her statement reminded Lucifer and he reached a hand to his communicator. Perhaps they could contact the Torch and get information. But there was nothing.

His revolvers and ammo were gone as well. And with a sinking feeling, he realized.... Whatever brought them here? It didn't mean to let them go so quickly. At least his black key sacraments and his sword remained. With those two, he could accomplish much.

With his partner, he could accomplish anything.

So it was with this in mind he looked at Clare and spoke.

"For now, we should split up. One of us can talk to the reverend, the other can look at the radio. Between us, we'll gather more information then if we stuck together. Also, lets see if anyone here recognizes the Torch, UN or otherwise. Its worth a shot."

He'd let Clare choose her group first.

@Takumi @Jeremi

"I believe I'll try to get a look at the radio. I may be getting used to technology but it could do good." she replied. From there, she would walk over to those near the radio without another word said. She would occasionally glance Lucifer's way to check on him.

From there she would occasionally glance Lucifer's way before returning to the task at hand.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @Raven @Jeremi @Atomyk @Minerva @Lissamel @others

Wolf ears? Was this her dad?

n0dMxd6.webp

"Hey Mister... your daughter is kind of... uh... I can't get up. Mind helping me out here?" Mirei waves the large witch hat that had the scent of the oceans in her arms.

The redhead near her responded that they should 'find out'.

mKSgCsB.webp

"Why do I have a bad feeling about 'finding out'? And who are you guys anyways?"

Interaction:

@Crimson Spartan @Minerva @Sen @Hana

"Skyla! Ace Pilot and Mistralton City gym leader!" Skyla said, striking a pose.

Spr_B2W2_Skyla.png

"Nice to meet you! Who might you be?"

MrTeDBo.png

Kana looked down, unaware she was sitting on someone the whole time. Kana thought she was quite strange, her clothing was a very bright pink - definitely not something someone should wear on a battlefield. She scrambled to her feet, stumbling and landing back down on the damp floor on her bottom. "Waah!" she cried out, "I'm sorry! I didn't know you were there!"

She stood herself up once more, shuddering at how small she was compared to everything else around her. The whole place smelt bad, too wet, and it wasn't a nice hot spring smell like back in her mother's camp. Now realizing that she was nowhere near camp, nowhere near her mother, she was about to cry to herself when she heard a very familiar voice that made her heart wrench. It wasn't mother, but it was someone she knew. "Keaton!" she raised her arms up with joy, running towards the beast-man. She slammed right into him, bursting into tears right there and then. "K- Keaton! Mama's gone and I'm scared and this place smells funny!"

@Crow @Crimson Spartan @Hana @Kaykay @Minerva @LuckycoolHawk9 @Verite @Yata

No one calls their dad by their first name. Mayhaps.

dpeyrHi.webp

"So, you're not her father? Sorry, you just kinda looked like... very alike..."

Mirei rises from the ground, no longer hindered by Kana's weight.​

"Skyla! Ace Pilot and Mistralton City gym leader!" Skyla said, striking a pose.

Spr_B2W2_Skyla.png

"Nice to meet you! Who might you be?"

2Pcq61N.webp

"I guess I should introduce myself too then," Mirei spoke with a neutral face, "my name is Hayasaka Mirei, rising idol and... uhh... Punk Fashion extraordinaire. Let's go with that."

Interaction:

@Crimson Spartan @Sen @Hana @Minerva

885bf51eabb9a302defd21c77d3c405d.jpg

Before the glass wall, Lord Tywin stared into the deep blue, truly in fascination and awe at the marvel of both engineering and the display of true power. Stories and myths existed of the Valyrians influence and power, how they conquered both the land, the sky, and even the sea. Yet, even with all of that in mind, Tywin had never seen something quite like this before- a holding nestled completely underground. Thoughts ran wild in the strategist's mind of how crops would be made, resources mined, and how armies would be levied. All-in-all, the old man felt a smile almost creep on his lips, but as they say throughout the Seven Kingdoms- Tywin Lannister never smiles.

Turning his attention towards a young man, husky and fit, the old general sneered, shaking his head as he continued to stare off into the waters. With his hands behind his back, he slowly spoke, his face always appearing very battle-hardened. "Look at this pile of power, once, a lord lived here. Can you believe it?" he commented, shaking his head as he looked about and analyzed the city. Stations and railways connected it, like some bridges fashioned purely out of steel and iron. "It reminds me of Harrenhall, one of the greatest, most impregnable fortress ever made...do you know what happened to Harrenhall, boy?" Tywin mumbled, pausing, realizing the weight, or rather lack of, his words.

"Of course not, you aren't from Westeros, you probably aren't from Essos either." the Lannister commented, turning away from the glass wall. Walking slowly, he unsheathed his longsword, having rested the weapon to truly take into the detail the world they found themselves in. "I am Lord Tywin Lannister, current ruler and guardian of Casterly Rock and the Westerlands and I intend to keep as the current ruler and guardian. Let me point something out to you." Tywin remarked, adjusting his right gloved hand and pointed at a multiple set of pillars within the station.

"Do you see that, boy? Those are support pillars. A Street of Silk whore can tell you that is what keeps a room up. Now look at what state they are in." Tywin remarked once more, his expression tightening and his voice becoming more solemn. "Do you honestly expect me to believe we should take it slow when half of these beams look like they are about to collapse? We need to move, now. Otherwise the only name you'll know by the end of this is mine."

The Lion of the Rock was about to give a certain gimp-suited teenager a death-stare before, shockingly, a man around his age sporting odd attire and odd weaponry came to yell at the imbecile of a young adult.

"Hmph."

@york @The Tactician @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT @BarrenThin @Anyothers

Last edited:
w26MSpF.png

Carol took a deep, calming breath and tore her attention way from the rabbit creature to fix the boy a wary expression, noting that he seemed rather hesitant now of holding on to the radio. Her eyes narrowed as he looked around, looking about as lost as she felt. So, he was out of his element here. Not just him, but the others around him as well seemed similarly confused. One woman cursed, clutching her purse, while others looked unsure what to do with themselves. At least Carol wasn't alone in that sense.

She resumed her warm smile when the boy looked back to her, but she quickly found herself growing pale at the mention of werewolves and reptiles. Her mind immediately registered the very mention of these things as a joke, but she didn't want to dismiss it. She'd never could have imagined the dead would reanimate, so why not werewolves and monsters? Why not an underwater city and a living cartoon character? Anything was possible now, and it made Carol want to break out into mad laughter.

So, if what he was saying was true, Carol was talking to a werewolf. She couldn't deny the raw fear that alone inspired in her. It made her sick, for Carol hated being put into that kind of position. She had lived in fear for so long, first from Ed, then the undead. She'd learned how to deal with the fear of death, of Walkers, of other human beings... but all this was a new. New worries to be fearful over. Carol would have to learn all over again, and that just meant she was vulnerable. Anyone living in the world of the dead could tell you that fear just got you killed, no matter how strong or equipped you were.

Carol blinked, shaking her head slightly and trying not to focus on the boy's red eyes. He asked her if she knew how to use the radio, and she managed to nod her head. "I-- I think so. Live to be my age, you learn all kinds of things." She said it jokingly, though a quiver in her voice made it fall flat. "I'll take a look and then..."

PQk7bvz.png

Carol trailed off, finding her gaze drawn to someone descending from the stairs like she had. Her blue eyes were transfixed on the approaching figure, dressed down in a manner that made him seem he walked out of a different era entirely. The sword in his hand was striking, maybe just as mesmerizing as the ocean view above. The man looked like he was made of stone, his expression a tight frown that wouldn't have looked out of place on a lonely and resolute statue. This was a man who exuded confidence and egotism, wrapped up in a tightly wound ball of superiority. This was not a man one should cross, but could be a man you would want to stand behind at the worst of times.

His clear command echoed throughout the room, solidifying the kind of person he was in just one sentence. Gather the wounded and help any distraught. Anyone refusing to cooperate, kill them. This was someone Carol felt she could count on, but she knew she would have to be careful with him.

... Fools and children, he said? Well, Carol didn't necessarily have to play the fool with this one.

"A little intimidating, isn't he?" Carol muttered, turning back to Scott, "maybe we should do what he says?" It was an open question, for she didn't want to push the boy into anything. She didn't want to appear too headstrong or competent, after all. She reached forward and placed a gentle hand on the boy's arm. "Call me Carol. I hope we can look out for each other, okay?"

@Krieg @Raven @Jeremi @LuckycoolHawk9 @Lissamel

• Love
Reactions: Jeremi and Krieg
"Hey," Faith greeted at the man, tilting her head up so that she can talk to him eye-to-eye.

She raise her eyebrows slightly as she attempted to study Kwangsoo's body language. Guess the guy can't speak English very well.

"I don't know why we are here either." Faith answered but slowed her usual pace down so the man can understand. "Don't think anyone knows."

"Kidnapped?" Faith asked rhetorically, crossing her arms. "You know, looking at all of us here, that could have been the case."

@Bomb @MINNAAAAAAA
"이거 뭐예요?" Kwangsoo said to himself, while looking around still, crossing his arms. "이 특별한 너무 많이 있습니다." Kwangsoo then looked back at Faith. "You, want ally?" Kwangsoo asked her, because he believed that everyone needed some kind of help.

@Yata @google translate to the rescueeeeee​

"A-Anyway, more importantly..." Gwen continued, attempting to gather her bearings as she'd put on a serious face that would show through her mask, "Jeez, and I thought I was the overly talky one... Uh, so you know about my secret identity, and that I... uh, drummed. Okay. That's not creepy at all. Not even the fact that your name is Gwen something too... And you read about them... in what exactly? The Daily Bugle?"

"Christ no you can't even trust the paparazzi and he's like worse than they are. Jameson, ya'd think he'd pick up on all those cool Spidey photos from Peter Parker being almost impossible to get unless they were staged and then put two and two together but nah he just likes to shake his fist menacingly at the window and growl about it. Years in the making. And nah, your old cop daddy didn't spill it neither, he's loyal and cool. I read it fresh off the comics, haha!"
Then, Owlman did the unthinkable... He smiled.

BVAwNOs.gif

"Even if I could... I won't need it." He said simply, and all of a sudden that creepy stare was gone.​
"Nevermind I was wrong your smile is way more creepy don't do that yes please." She stammered out without even pausing for breath.
885bf51eabb9a302defd21c77d3c405d.jpg

Before the glass wall, Lord Tywin stared into the deep blue, truly in fascination and awe at the marvel of both engineering and the display of true power. Stories and myths existed of the Valyrians influence and power, how they conquered both the land, the sky, and even the sea. Yet, even with all of that in mind, Tywin had never seen something quite like this before- a holding nestled completely underground. Thoughts ran wild in the strategist's mind of how crops would be made, resources mined, and how armies would be levied. All-in-all, the old man felt a smile almost creep on his lips, but as they say throughout the Seven Kingdoms- Tywin Lannister never smiles.

Turning his attention towards a young man, husky and fit, the old general sneered, shaking his head as he continued to stare off into the waters. With his hands behind his back, he slowly spoke, his face always appearing very battle-hardened. "Look at this pile of power, once, a lord lived here. Can you believe it?" he commented, shaking his head as he looked about and analyzed the city. Stations and railways connected it, like some bridges fashioned purely out of steel and iron. "It reminds me of Harrenhall, one of the greatest, most impregnable fortress ever made...do you know what happened to Harrenhall, boy?" Tywin mumbled, pausing, realizing the weight, or rather lack of, his words.

"Of course not, you aren't from Westeros, you probably aren't from Essos either." the Lannister commented, turning away from the glass wall. Walking slowly, he unsheathed his longsword, having rested the weapon to truly take into the detail the world they found themselves in. "I am Lord Tywin Lannister, current ruler and guardian of Casterly Rock and the Westerlands and I intend to keep as the current ruler and guardian. Let me point something out to you." Tywin remarked, adjusting his right gloved hand and pointed at a multiple set of pillars within the station.

"Do you see that, boy? Those are support pillars. A Street of Silk whore can tell you that is what keeps a room up. Now look at what state they are in." Tywin remarked once more, his expression tightening and his voice becoming more solemn. "Do you honestly expect me to believe we should take it slow when half of these beams look like they are about to collapse? We need to move, now. Otherwise the only name you'll know by the end of this is mine."

The Lion of the Rock was about to give a certain gimp-suited teenager a death-stare before, shockingly, a man around his age sporting odd attire and odd weaponry came to yell at the imbecile of a young adult.

"Hmph."
"..........What's with the grumpy Lord of the Rings guy?"

@Verite @york @Krieg

Reactions: Takumi
Jesse eyed the cowboy back as well, taking in his overall appearance. A cowboy... robot? Huh, ain't that a sight... "Keep an eye on your friend, cowboy. Don't want anyone getting into hurting." Not much else could be said at the moment, as the man had already walked away to join the grizzled soldier in 'patrolling'.

"It's alright. Sounds like you've been through hell and back," Jesse waved off the concern that Winslow seemed to have about his condition, "And yeah, a bit good. Glad to hear you're on board for something like that." However, before they could turn to a different topic, the masked man suddenly threw him under the boss with the little 'death angel'. Holding back the urge to cuss in front of the girl, he shook his head with an apologetic grin, "Not at all, kiddo. You're an angel, I got it."

"I'll do my best, Father, but I ain't gonna guarantee I won't be a part of whatever hurting he gets into. Gotta back the old timer up. Not as young as he used to be, after all." Morrison had died once. He wasn't going to let it happen again. Not before he could show the world that Overwatch wasn't dead.

@Kaykay

Vp6YbX3.png

@C.T. @york

@Krieg <3

"Well, old and grumpy over there ain't the best at usin' his words, but I gotta side with him on this 'un. Gotta get yer head on straight, missy. Don't worry. Long as you ain't some kind a crook, I'll be with ya, and so will the old timer, once he stops being cranky. He really ain't so bad." The cowboy forced a grin, despite the pain written across his face.

@OrlandoBloomers
@CrunchyCHEEZIT
@Krieg

PH93llL.png

"See, I knew you looked smart, mister! Besides, you're a preacher so you wouldn't make that kind of mistake anyway, right?"

Beaming with ignorant confidence, laughed mischievously in a high-pitched voice.
935d0bbc13aaaa9bff9d1c4454443e36.png

"For once we're in agreement, angel."

Living was worthwhile, at least for the moment. It wasn't as if Winslow had anything great to look forward to. His life had taken a terrible turn and given everything that happened to him? Including the fact that he had murdered a prison guard and escaped from Sing Sing? Life would never be the same even if he wasn't the Phantom. So, best to simply make sure nothing happened to Samael. If he needed to think of something positive? It'd be thinking of all the creative ways Samael might dispose of Swan. It'd be a glorious final sight for Winslow to lay his eyes on before he too perished.

...Depending on where he went-not that Winslow particularly had deep faith in religion to begin with-would he just end up meeting with her again anyway? He supposed he wouldn't have minded the company. The two of them could make Swan pay for all eternity.

What a pleasant thing to look forward to.

Oh.

That hadn't been the response Winslow had expected her to have. He had imagined she would have laughed off the accusation or let it fly over her head. But given how she had addressed him when he told her how he believed an angel should be? It's likely she was more intelligent than she let on. Something Winslow would have to take great care not to underestimate. Though given his current status, Winslow couldn't help but feel comfortable enough to make a little jab.

"It seems that he doesn't think so."

*beat*

"But I do."

o9gRi6uCahuwmOIY24kgvf3gctEOCetf5JgO58gn7lo.jpg

@Kaykay @The Tactician
Not finding it very funny, Samael grabbed his wrist and kicked at his legs as she pulled, trying to land him on the ground as she continued smiling at Jesse.

Status
Not open for further replies.