latest

Name:
Wander

Age(or estimated guess):
Maybe about 16?

Canon(What fandom are they from?):
Shadow of the Colossus

Biography(at least a short synopsis):
Wander is a mysterious young man who, along with his faithful horse Agro, ventured into a place known only as the Forbidden Lands with a dead maiden in tow. This girl, named Mono, is, for one reason or another, very important to Wander. Important enough for him to risk his life for a way to revive her, seemingly.

Riding into an ancient temple and laying her corpse upon the altar, Wander was beset by shadowy creatures of unknown origin. Brandishing an ornate sword, he dispelled them with the shining light of the blade as a voice spoke to him. A voice, seemingly, originating from the temple itself, and sounding as a man and a woman talking at the same time. It introduced itself as Dormin, and it asked why Wander had come.

And Wander told this Dormin that he had rode to the temple in order to revive the corpse upon the altar. Dormin told him it could be done, but only, he added, if Wander could defeat the sixteen "Colossi" spread throughout this barren land. Making due haste, Wander began his quest and, surprisingly enough, showed himself more than capable of the job. Despite the fact that he had no idea how to use it, he found that the Colossi were covered in runes that, when punctured with his magic blade, caused them severe damage. In addition, his expert riding skills and prowess with a bow helped more than a little bit.

As he felled one Colossus after another, a change began to take place in Wander, however unapparent it was to the boy. With each dead Colossus, his skin grew paler, his eyes blacker, and the tiny horns that hadn't been there at the start of his adventure grew a bit longer. In addition, a patrol of men, most likely from Wander's homeland, had begun hunting him, led by an enigmatic man called Lord Emon.

With a renewed urgency, Wander made his way to the sixteenth and final Colossus, the mighty Malus. While attempting to cross a ruined bridge to the final area, Wander's faithful companion Agro sacrifices herself to buck Wander into safety. Persevering after the apparent death of his only friend, Wander made it to Malus, and after a heated fight consisting of dodging enormous fireballs and climbing the enormous enemy's garments, Wander drove his blade through Malus' skull and killed the final Colossus.

Making it back to the temple so Dormin could fulfill his end of the deal, Wander was unpleasantly surprised to find Lord Emon and his men waiting for him. After being shot in the leg with a crossbow and run through with a sword, everything seemed to be over for Wander; that is, until Dormin's powerful voice rang throughout the chamber. Laughing, they proclaimed that after an eternity of captivity at the hands of Lord Emon's ancestors, they'd finally be free, thanks to Wander destroying the Colossi that kept him prisoner.

Wander's corpse lurched, and a horrid fountain of shadow erupted from within, building up the young man's small frame into an enormous demon of shadow. Chasing Lord Emon and his men throughout the complex, he was finally stopped when Emon recovered the magical blade Wander had used throughout his journey and tossed it into the temple's fountain. With an inarticulate scream of eldritch rage, Dormin was sucked into the fountain, taking the shadow-covered Wander with him. Lord Emon sadly remarked that he hoped Wander's poor ungodly soul could somehow be redeemed in another life. With that, he and his soldiers took their leave.

And, as they did, Mono opened her eyes atop the altar. Sitting up, she looked to the entrance and saw Agro, healthy as ever, but for a small limp in one of her legs. And, finally, looking to the fountain in which Dormin had been banished into with Wander, she saw a small baby boy...with two nub-like horns atop his head.

Strengths/Abilities:
Perseverance: Despite his seemingly average human form, Wander is, without a doubt, very hard to kill. He can fall multiple stories, get smashed like a bug, get burned by fireballs, and any number of other awful things, but he just will not give up.
Archery: To say the least, he's a good archer. As in he can strike a darting lizard from atop a horse moving at full gallop with relative ease.
Climbing: Even though is average run is a rather adorkable sprint complete with flailing arms, Wander is a very, very good climber, as he's able to scale the forms of giant monsters with relative ease, even as they try their hardest to buck him off.

Equipment (max 2 weapons):
(So, max 2 weapons but we can have other stuff, right?)
latest

-Shaman's Cloak: A colorful, most likely enchanted garment. It works as well as any armor, giving Wander some real resistance to the attacks of Colossi. It'll work well against other sources too, most likely.

-Ancient Sword: Wander's sword, a magic relic he apparently stole from the nobility of his homeland, and the implement used to imprison Dormin an eternity ago. It's a formidable weapon, even though Wander barely knows how to wield it.

-Bow and Arrow: (pictured above) Wander's bow and arrow, and the only thing he owns that he without a doubt knows how to use. While it doesn't do much damage to the Colossi, it'd probably kill your average human pretty quick.

I UNDERSTAND THE RULES​

Overwatch pre-prologue for Rapture if interested.

Also, little addition.

7:30 PM] CrunchyCHEEZIT: nvm, I am trying to figure out how Soldier 76 can come in here.

[7:31 PM] The Horned King(Ringmaster): Well, IIRC its said to be a Talon research depot.

[7:31 PM] The Horned King(Ringmaster): As well as a hub for weapon dealers, etc before they distribute out into the region.

[7:31 PM] The Horned King(Ringmaster): The most obvious ways are either via the jeep road or the train.

RESERVE IF I CAN
Would Rogue from the X-men be too powerful? She is technically street level, but would to whole-power -stealing- death - touch - thing break the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
RESERVE IF I CAN
Would Rogue from the X-men be too powerful? She is technically street level, but would to whole-power -stealing- death - touch - thing break the game?

Depends on when you take her from. I know that she at one point had control of her powers and only had the absorption power (might've been during Mike Carey's X-Men run and X-Men Legacy following that?) with out the powers she stole from Carol Denvers.

Plus she doesn't really have any powers to nab among the group that would make above street level either.

Depends on when you take her from. I know that she at one point had control of her powers and only had the absorption power (might've been during Mike Carey's X-Men run and X-Men Legacy following that?) with out the powers she stole from Carol Denvers.

Plus she doesn't really have any powers to nab among the group that would make above street level either.
I was thinking post messiah complex; after she touches hope, her power late is reset, and she can touch people without killing them. I would also give her the 1:60 ratio, with her maintaining the memories and powers of people for a minute for very second of contact.
But I might not even use her; it's just an idea. Would someone with the strength of Ms.Marvel Piccolo Jr. Be allowed? Ie. Energy beams, healing and flight?

I was thinking post messiah complex; after she touches hope, her power late is reset, and she can touch people without killing them. I would also give her the 1:60 ratio, with her maintaining the memories and powers of people for a minute for very second of contact.
But I might not even use her; it's just an idea. Would someone with the strength of Ms.Marvel Piccolo Jr. Be allowed? Ie. Energy beams, healing and flight?
Rule of thumb that I've been working on is that if you can kill a character by conventional means, be it gun shot, poison, drowning, stabing, blunt force trauma etc. to be eligible.

Which is to say someone like Cyclops would be fine but both Ms Marvel and Piccolo Jr who you mentioned I'd consider to be too versatile powerwise and not really characters you can take down by conventional means.

Reactions: Chris Lang
Withdrawing one Max Thunderman.
"No, don't say "too easy." People say "too easy" and bad things happen."

Appearance(Pictures and descriptions are both acceptable!):
latest

Name: Scott McCall
Age(or estimated guess): 18 ( Wiki says 16, but show has confirmed they are in their senior year)
Canon(What fandom are they from?): Teen Wolf
Biography(at least a short synopsis): Scott McCall was a simple kid before he was bitten by a werewolf. As such, he was hurled into the supernatural world, and has fought nogitsunes, kaminas, an evil alpha and a pack of evil alphas, Dread doctors and a supernatural murder. He has also gained the status of true Alpha.
Strengths/Abilities: Lycanthropy:As being bitten by a werewolf, Scott can transform and use the abilities as a werewolf. He can switch to his human and werewolf form as will. This also cures him from asthma.
Enhanced Strength: Scott has superhuman strength than other beta wolves such as Isaac and Erica (perhaps not stronger than Boyd), it is shown he could easily defeat both at the same time, it is even above the average on beta wolves.
Enhanced Speed & Agility: Scott has incredible speed, he can jump, climb and react faster than beta wolves. Heightened Senses: He has high senses that enables him to see, hear and smell better.
Accelerated Healing: Scott can heal quickly from most injuries.
Pain Transference: Scott can absorb and alleviate pain from other people/creatures.
Memory Transference: Scott can transfer memories by inserting his claws into nape of an individual's neck.
The bite: As a werewolf, he can bite you and turn you into a werewolf.... however, this is risky due to the true Alpha Status making him unable to kill and if the partcipant's body reject the bite, they kind of sort of die.
Equipment (max 2 weapons): Well, his lacrosse stick, his motorcycle helmet and his motorcycle.
Weakness: Wolfsbane- That makes him weaker/ can kill him, he also can mostly be killed by most things human can if there are enough shots done to him. Without his pack, he is much weaker at the moment ( at least until he makes a new one). He can't kill without losing his True Alpha status.

Also, I accept the rules presented!

Last edited:
Rule of thumb that I've been working on is that if you can kill a character by conventional means, be it gun shot, poison, drowning, stabing, blunt force trauma etc. to be eligible.

Which is to say someone like Cyclops would be fine but both Ms Marvel and Piccolo Jr who you mentioned I'd consider to be too versatile powerwise and not really characters you can take down by conventional means.
Oh, okay, thanks.
That makes a lot of sense, and I'm pretty sure I know who I'm going to play as now-- I'll have the CS up by tonight

Reactions: Jeremi
Hey, would R2-D2 be allowed? Given that he's a Swiss Army knife on wheels?

He'd be fine, keep in mind if you want to play him you'd have to switch out Janeway since no duos allowed.
Just wondering. Kinda having a bit of a debate with myself.

One final question--Must our characters be willing to Kill IC, or will they all automatically want to kill eachother?

One final question--Must our characters be willing to Kill IC, or will they all automatically want to kill eachother?
They don't even have to be willing to kill. There's no IC motivation for killing that I know of. They can just be average joe from the street, and hate no one in the party at all.

• Useful
Reactions: Atomyk
I'm still trying to decide on my character choice. Ideally, I'd like someone who'd make for good interaction with the rest of the group.

I'm still trying to decide on my character choice. Ideally, I'd like someone who'd make for good interaction with the rest of the group.

Who have you planned on a list?

Status
Not open for further replies.