• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright. Can you fight?" Was all Riley said. He took out some bandages, a cloth, and a bottle of Purified Water. "Feel free to fight. I can handle it here. I'll probably take Elliot here back to the Fissure. Treat him there after I treat Shiki here." He looked at Shiki. "You want to help me? Or do you want to fight?"

@Verite @TheColourlessRainbow
Sakuya smiled at him. "Of course," she stated. "Do take care of Shiki for me. It was supposed to be my responsibility, after all." With a bow, she teleported over to the crossroads, leaving behind a spell card.

Upon arrival, she multiplied her knives, throwing them straight at Vanitas.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lizzy @Gummi Bunnies @Chris Lang @ResistingTheEnlightened @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Wedge Antilles

When Joshua fired the rounds, Vanitas ducked and dodged one, moved to the left and dodged another, however, failed to dodge the third one. The third bullet hit his helmet, cracking it slightly. "Well, that wasn't nice," Vanitas grumbled, "I just had my helmet polished. You'll pay for that." With a speedy move, Vanitas attempted to slash Joshua's side.

"You'd call me misguided? Well, that isn't kind. I think you should really look at things from my perspective. Darkness is power. People need power to rule over them," he said to Lapis, blocking with his keyblade when she struck at him. Vanitas then attempted to strike her as well, his own blade clashing against hers causing the two of them to be locked in a battle of blades for a moment.

Abel's ass kick hit managed to hit Vanitas while he was locked in combat with Lapis. Joshua would be proud. It flung him forward, causing him to stumble into her blade. The attack caused a long gash across his helmet. He grunted and jumped back, clutching his protective helmet. "Tell me, what did I ever do to you?" he complained at Abel, shaking his head.

It was then Vanitas found himself barged with thrusts from the lances of Alice's dolls. He grunted when he was hit by one of them, putting up a magical shield so he wouldn't be hit by the rest.

When Legolas and Link would come rushing forward, he would defend himself with his keyblade, trying his best to knock Legolas' knife out of his hand. "All of you are so brave. It's a shame you have to die. All of you are much more powerful than your cowardly friend Aqua..."

Thankfully, since he was moving around to attack Legolas and Link, he managed to dodge Raynor's attack without even really realizing it. "Ugh, more of you worms?" he complained, glancing up to see that Raynor had arrived. "As if I didn't have enough of you to deal with already..."

@Gummi Bunnies @ResistingTheEnlightened @Wedge Antilles @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Ruby Rose & Sophie
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Gummi Bunnies @ResistingTheEnlightened @Wedge Antilles @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CrunchyCHEEZIT

The pair really entered the fray at a really rough time; it seemed that Venitas was already on the offensive, and so were the other fighters... With that in mind, Ruby turned to Sophie "I'm going in! Cover me the best you can! Okay?" she called, and, without waiting for an answer, she was suddenly off, propelling herself with each shot from her Crescent Rose as she had quickly expanded the weapon, it's blade unlatched itself a little, giving her more room to bring the weapon around as Ruby prepared to strike Venitas with the blade of the Crescent Rose, multiple times, using shots from her weapon to continue speeding up her movements.
ep1.7.gif

Sophie in the meantime had taken cover, trying to draw Venitas's attention with shots from her Glock
, she knew she would be vulnerable if she was caught out in the open, so, she needed to be carefull this time around...​

When Joshua fired the rounds, Vanitas ducked and dodged one, moved to the left and dodged another, however, failed to dodge the third one. The third bullet hit his helmet, cracking it slightly. "Well, that wasn't nice," Vanitas grumbled, "I just had my helmet polished. You'll pay for that." With a speedy move, Vanitas attempted to slash Joshua's side.

"You'd call me misguided? Well, that isn't kind. I think you should really look at things from my perspective. Darkness is power. People need power to rule over them," he said to Lapis, blocking with his keyblade when she struck at him. Vanitas then attempted to strike her as well, his own blade clashing against hers causing the two of them to be locked in a battle of blades for a moment.

Abel's ass kick hit managed to hit Vanitas while he was locked in combat with Lapis. Joshua would be proud. It flung him forward, causing him to stumble into her blade. The attack caused a long gash across his helmet. He grunted and jumped back, clutching his protective helmet. "Tell me, what did I ever do to you?" he complained at Abel, shaking his head.

It was then Vanitas found himself barged with thrusts from the lances of Alice's dolls. He grunted when he was hit by one of them, putting up a magical shield so he wouldn't be hit by the rest.

When Legolas and Link would come rushing forward, he would defend himself with his keyblade, trying his best to knock Legolas' knife out of his hand. "All of you are so brave. It's a shame you have to die. All of you are much more powerful than your cowardly friend Aqua..."

Thankfully, since he was moving around to attack Legolas and Link, he managed to dodge Raynor's attack without even really realizing it. "Ugh, more of you worms?" he complained, glancing up to see that Raynor had arrived. "As if I didn't have enough of you to deal with already..."

@Gummi Bunnies @ResistingTheEnlightened @Wedge Antilles @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"... if power is needed," Lapis would casually check her blade after Vanitas had run into it, almost in a mocking way,"...then you must be a weak... individual... Unlike you... I leave it to... my own wits... my own luck... to decide... who gets to... stand after... blood has been shed... on the contrary... having power... at all times... that is sadly... boring... isn't it?"

Looking over to Abel, Lapis made her way effortlessly to where she would be standing behind Vanitas, hell... she was even strolling her way there as if she had no care in the world. Regardless if Abel makes a hit or not, the bounty hunter dashed forwards, aiming to do a good stab into Vanitas's back.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @The Tactician @ResistingTheEnlightened @Wedge Antilles @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Reactions: Poe Dameron
"Shiki has a few cuts, so I think...bandages? Something like that," Sakuya suggested, not knowing too much about how to treat wounds. She watched Raynor move towards the battle visible in the distance.
"Should I help? You're the medic, after all, and I think they could use some help."
"Alright. Can you fight?" Was all Riley said. He took out some bandages, a cloth, and a bottle of Purified Water. "Feel free to fight. I can handle it here. I'll probably take Elliot here back to the Fissure. Treat him there after I treat Shiki here." He looked at Shiki. "You want to help me? Or do you want to fight?"

@Verite @TheColourlessRainbow
Sakuya smiled at him. "Of course," she stated. "Do take care of Shiki for me. It was supposed to be my responsibility, after all." With a bow, she teleported over to the crossroads, leaving behind a spell card.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lizzy @Gummi Bunnies @Chris Lang @ResistingTheEnlightened @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Wedge Antilles
Nanaya01.png

"No."

That was his response to the questions Riley asked... even though they were clearly not yes-or-no questions.

"I have no desire at the moment to preserve life when I could be ending it with a flick of the wrist, and I'm not quite feeling up to a fight with some magical master. If I get caught up in the heat of the moment, I might end up... becoming a little zealous with other people," he spoke, waving briefly as Sakuya ran off to go fight Vanitas, "Besides, it looks like he's quite busy enough as it is anyway. But more importantly, I'd like to be fixed up. So chop chop."

@The Silver Paladin @TheColourlessRainbow @Kaykay

Last edited:

Alice... actually laughed

granted she was safe way in the back but

"Coward? From what I've seen aqua could wipe the floor with you here! I doubt she didn't come due to fear, it was more likely she simply found you less important than her current task of investigating the traitor. As you would be beneath me, but, well-" she smirked haughtily

"-I must say I'm starting to enjoy destroying moral trash such as yourself. Now come and show me the levels that filth such as you can rise to, before I choke on the mundanity of your evil magic!"

And while normally monologue mid fight was never a good idea, in Alice's case she wasn't doing any of the work outside her brain and magic as she pulled and twisted at the arcane strings connecting her to her dolls, making them dance across the field and harry Vanitas with quick but weak strikes, aiming more to open up Vanitas to the others than to do any serious damage themselves.

At least until if/when Alice found the opportunity her eyes were watching for. The dolls that had flanked behind still weren't doing much, simply flitting back and forth as if trying to line themselves up between Alice and Vanitas. and if they got a clear line without an ally in the path, Alice would smirk and snap her finger with one hand raised.

And the arcane wire connecting her to the doll in question would materialize as a red hot laser, inside Vanitas if it all worked out.

And if it did, well, she just gently flicked her wrist up from there, and the cut wouldn't be pretty to say the least.

@Gummi Bunnies @ResistingTheEnlightened @Wedge Antilles @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Riley smiled. "I wish I could be there to help. Shout for me if someone gets injured. I'll be right over. I feel like a coward staying back here."

Nanaya01.png

"No."

That was his response to the questions Riley asked... even though they were clearly not yes-or-no questions.

"I have no desire at the moment to preserve life when I could be ending it with a flick of the wrist, and I'm not quite feeling up to a fight with some magical master. If I get caught up in the heat of the moment, I might end up... becoming a little zealous with other people," he spoke, waving briefly as Sakuya ran off to go fight Vanitas, "Besides, it looks like he's quite busy enough as it is anyway. But more importantly, I'd like to be fixed up. So chop chop."

"Alright, suit yourself." Riley poured water onto the cloths, and placed them on Shiki's wounds. He then wrapped some gauze around the cut on his arm. "Alright, you should be fine now. Completely back to normal soon."

As he saw the quick movement, he fired the last two shots in the current magazine as he moved toward him, jumping to the side as to try and avoid getting hit, though succesful, as he dropped to the floor rearing in pain as it grazed his hip, trying to suppress the multitude his body then felt as he painfully and slowly took out the second magazine from its holster and added the ammunition to the pistol. "Damn.. Damn it!.." He slowly tried to get up, but stayed at a crawl as he looked at the ensuing fight, hoping that Vanitas wouldn't notice him in such a position. "C-Cereza... Where are you,.. m-my love?..." He spoke silently to himself, as the bandages on his arm began to bleed from the graze, as was his leg and hip. "Get up... Get up!..." He tried, looking at the crucifix almost in defeat as he stared at Vanitas.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Alright, suit yourself." Riley poured water onto the cloths, and placed them on Shiki's wounds. He then wrapped some gauze around the cut on his arm. "Alright, you should be fine now. Completely back to normal soon."
He stayed still, not changing his expression even once as Riley fixed him up. Once that was over with, he stood up, stretching his limbs, not caring of the risk of re-opening his wounds.

"Ah, jeez. So who's the other fellow? Haven't seen 'em around before," Shiki commented, looking over at Elliot, before glancing back at Riley, "But I suppose that's none of my business. Then again, that never stops me. Speaking of which... Have you happened to make any progress with Ms. Junko? She's quite the playful one, isn't she?"

@Atomyk @The Silver Paladin @TheColourlessRainbow

He stayed still, not changing his expression even once as Riley fixed him up. Once that was over with, he stood up, stretching his limbs, not caring of the risk of re-opening his wounds.

"Ah, jeez. So who's the other fellow? Haven't seen 'em around before," Shiki commented, looking over at Elliot, before glancing back at Riley, "But I suppose that's none of my business. Then again, that never stops me. Speaking of which... Have you happened to make any progress with Ms. Junko? She's quite the playful one, isn't she?"

"His name's Elliot. He as wounded by an unknown assailant, and we can't tell what's wrong with him." Riley said calmly. "And I haven't seen Junko since your knife fight began. But yes, she is."

Yet again Stitch and Jake where quiet as if thinking and wondering the others options.

@FireDrake150 @Lizzy
(sorry I missed a lot I had to be at my grandparents for two days)
Izana and Ace are still with Jake and Stitch, having nothing of value to interject at this time.*

(I missed a lot too, and I have a 10 AM to 7 PM Shift tomorrow, or, I guess later today, so I'll be inactive again. Sunday and Monday I have off, Tues is a 2 pm to 9:30 pm day, wednesday is a 12 to 9 I believe, Friday and saturday are around the same times, plus or minus an hour, Mountain Standard Time, USA. Sorry for Shit-post.)

@Raven @Lizzy

Reactions: Raven and Takumi
"You are... nothing like her." Legolas had his knife knocked from his weaker left hand, but quickly retrieved it, and he rushed in again to try to stab at Vanitas, hoping his defenses would be concentrated towards the more high powered attackers.

If nothing else, he hoped his renewed passion to fulfill his vow would be the difference here.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lizzy @Gummi Bunnies @Chris Lang @ResistingTheEnlightened @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CrunchyCHEEZIT
At this point, Kalifa began looking for Kaku. "Is Kaku STILL investigating the body to see if that thing people call a 'lightsaber' might have been used to slice the Punisher's arm off? We need him here at this battle."

"I'll just have to start without him, then." she said.

"SHEEP CLOUD RELAXING BUBBLES!"

kalifasoap2.png

Kalifa sent several bubbly clouds hurtling toward Vanitas at a rapid rate. It would be unlikely that he would be able to dodge all of the strength-sapping soap bubbles. Though there were other counters, such as wind attacks, he could use, but Kalifa hoped at least a few would have some impact on Vanitas.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lizzy @Gummi Bunnies @ResistingTheEnlightened @Schnee Corp Lawyer @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Aqua stopped rubbing her foot against the ground after a moment and reached down to draw in the dirt with her finger instead as she listened to Claire. "It's all right. We've all made mistakes we feel guilty for so I can't blame you for wanting to talk about that. As for your brother, I wouldn't give up. If he loves you, he'll come around eventually."

She paused for a moment, smiling. "Also, I'm honestly the same way. I don't think I'd know how to answer my own question so well either. I've spent my entire life fighting. Lately, I hardly remember what it feels like to be myself. I know other than sparring I like to... make things, crafts like the lucky charms I made for my friends." But at the moment, it was all Aqua could remember. What was it like to be normal? Part of Aqua wished she knew...

"Ah, so motorcycles, huh? I've seen them. I've never rode on one before. You should show me one sometime. I'm sure it can't be any harder than the keyblade glider I'm used to riding." She side-glanced to Claire and placed a hand over her fisted one and offered her a smile. "See? You do have something! Even if it's only one thing, it's a start. Something to think about when this is all over..." With Aqua's free hand she drew a picture of the castle at her homeland in the dirt. It wasn't a bad drawing, but it wasn't excellence either. "And... when this is over, if you're not tired of me by then, we should do something... non-fighting related together... you know, have fun. You seem to have forgotten how. You should try and remember how to again."

@Atomyk

Claire smiled down at the picture Aqua was drawing. "We're going to have to keep fighting for just a bit longer. Maybe even a bit longer after that, in your case. Your friends..." Claire trailed off, crossing her arms. It seemed to her that everything was always in such a state of chaos. She recalled the words of the alternate Makoto in her head-- Despair is catching. Who was to say that in every universe out there, there wasn't a being just as powerful and as evil as Akibahara? Or worse. Perhaps the fighting would never truly end, but that just meant taking moments to themselves in the time in between was all the more important.

"Yeah, I can show you how to ride one. I was working on a bike a few years ago, but I've left it sitting. Maybe we can finish it together. I can show you where I live, and you can meet Sherry... and Chris." Claire then seemed to be shocked as something came to her. "Wait, do you have movies in your world? We could watch as many as we could find. We could read books and listen to music and, I don't know, dance. We could see sights, meet other people, go on vacation, visit other worlds. We could just-- live, Aqua. Not just have fun, but live."

Claire had grown excited, her voice rising in emotion as she spoke. Her life had practically been put on pause since Raccoon City and Silent Hill. There were so many things she could never do by herself. With Aqua, Claire felt as if the entire universe was open to her. "Sorry, this might seem sudden-- I'm just... really glad I met you. Something good came out of this."

3XTqUyr.png

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Nanaya01.png

"No."

LZuoBvi.png

"... I feel like I've been hit by a bus. What just happened?"

@Verite

"His name's Elliot. He as wounded by an unknown assailant, and we can't tell what's wrong with him." Riley said calmly. "And I haven't seen Junko since your knife fight began. But yes, she is."

LZuoBvi.png

"... I feel like I've been hit by a bus. What just happened?"

@Verite
"Well, speak of the devil, and she shall appear," Shiki remarked, crossing his arms as Junko came to, "Well... a knife fight happened. A big one. That Sakuya-chan went to fight Miss Aqua's enemy or whoever, so we're just hanging out here. Still feeling nauseous, doll?"

Jackson nodded. "My soldiers are doing that right now, sir." Initiates James and Matthew were playing Rock, Paper, Scissors. Jackson looked at Kotomine. "I'll be right back. We're just going to check in with the soldiers." He left the room, and went from room to room. In one hallway, there was a standoff between several BoS troops, and several of Arya's troops. One of the BoS soldiers used a Minigun to clear them out. Jackson returned back to the office after a while.

Meanwhile, at the Coalition, the raiding party that loyalty served under Arya's command had began to falter and retreat back from the corridors intertwined outside of the VR Room. Bodies from both sides lay, the scorching heat of Abel's attacks, the booming gunfire of Ulysses, and the mysterious presence of a deranged priest fending off the enraged cavalry. Before these men stood an army of those that were left behind, an entire kingdom that was denied hope by the Coalition in their darkest hour. Fathers that lost daughters, brothers that lost sisters, lovers that lost their beloved, and men with nothing else to live for but to see the blood spilled and the fires raged. This was not simply an *evil* army, a hand of great Akibahara. But rather, an uprising, a direct message to the Coalition that justice will be served, whether it be through their hands, or their hands of their Queen.

Retribution at any cost.

Abruptly, ten men upon horses charged around a corner, aiming for the recently arrived Paladins from the Brotherhood of Steel. In their retreat further within the Coalition, they took many of these power-armored techies by surprise, switching out of their swords to maces, a crippling, anti-armor weapon of their era. To much of the shock of those witnessing, the maces dove clean through the power armor, crushing bone as their war horses simply plowed through the post-apocalyptic brotherhood's forces. Upon closer inspection to the steel being used, both from the maces being wildly flung to the swords of deceased Northerners, there appeared to be a certain radiance in the metal. Upon closer inspection, and simple knowledge of Arya's world, it was shockingly revealed to be Valyrian steel, which was almost impossible, as only three-hundred or so weapons of that steel existed. Apparently, the Arch-Demon had granted Arya not only powers beyond her comprehension, but the ability to forge Valyrian blades, an art that was thought to have been lost.

When the dust settled, causalities were on both sides, but the raid had not faltered. Weaken, however, the cavalry could be seen retreating to both the Medical Bay and Cargo Storage.

@Atomyk @Verite @The Tactician @DapperDogman @The Silver Paladin
While the rest of the soldiers from the Brotherhood of Steel duked it out with Stark's forces in the other places, Kotomine wordlessly advanced forward towards the Medical Bay and Cargo Storage, intending on taking on the soldiers. While the armor might be strong, made of some foreign metal that was not native to the priest's world, and though their weapons might be sharp, their horses fast, it mattered little to the priest. He was stronger than a dragon, faster than a horse, more flexible than a monkey, more cunning than a snake, the works. How fitting that he compared himself to animals that appeared on the Chinese Zodiac, as he practiced the Chinese martial art known as Bajiquan.

An art that specialized in damaging the opponent's interior with exterior blows. Self-explanatory and simple in concept, but devastating and deadly in a real fight. Combine that with the priest's physical magecraft that strengthened him beyond human capability, and you were in for quite the surprise indeed.

And then, battle cries. Followed by thumping and thrashing of metal and armored footsteps.

Some soldiers were waiting for him. Waiting to ambush him.

This was not good.

For the soldiers, of course.

Effortlessly, reacting faster than any of them could possibly have anticipated, Kirei Kotomine greeted the first raider with a swift, yet powerful kick into the temple, crushing the steel helmet as though it were plastic, and caving in his head, the mere impact of the kick sending the man's body flying into the wall. Then, Kotomine would quickly advance to the next attacker, thrusting his fist forward with a standard, yet effective, cross, bypassing the victim's armor and destroying the kidneys easily enough.

But the best was always saved for last.

The final guard would attempt to slash at the priest's jugular, but Kotomine would have none of that. Deftly halting the attack by performing a high block, hitting the raider's arm against his and stopping the sword, the beast would step forward and slam his elbow into his target's solar plexus, resulting in a small boom. But he was not done. Sweeping the armored soldier off his feet, the raider would be sent into the ground, where the monster would stomp on his chest, the very heel of his foot targeting, and effectively crushing, the heart.

latest

This was the Six grand opening - elbow upthrust technique. One of his personal favorite combinations.

Heh... I still got it.

But now was not the time to wallow in pride. Especially as a man of God. He had more work to do...

@Krieg @The Silver Paladin

"Well, speak of the devil, and she shall appear," Shiki remarked, crossing his arms as Junko came to, "Well... a knife fight happened. A big one. That Sakuya-chan went to fight Miss Aqua's enemy or whoever, so we're just hanging out here. Still feeling nauseous, doll?"

"No... I don't know." The girl groaned, rubbing at her head. "A knife fight, what do you..."

t0EEqdJ.png

"What the hell?! Is there someone trying to kill us? Is there a gang war around? I can't die here, Shiki! I need to do at least one more cover shoot! I NEED TO BE IN ONE OF NICKI'S VIDEOS!"

@Verite @The Silver Paladin @TheColourlessRainbow

tumblr_nodqznaWpl1r5neevo1_r2_500.gif

Max didn't let Ridley's shutdown of her apology faze her, giving her a shrug in return and more than content to let the topic pass. When the blonde presented her rebuttal, she folded her arms, lightly tilting her head to one side and absently rubbing at her elbow as she responded. "Yeah, she's an agent, and the killers know that now. If she revives and goes back to snooping, what do you think their obvious next step is? Easy-- bye bye Bayonetta. Again."

She gave a furtive glance over at the Umbra witch.

"If I go back, they have no reason to target me again. I'm not special, I'm just smart. I'll fly under their radar and have a chance to do some actual good."

"...Right. So, uh, do you get how serious this is or do you just not give a fuck?"

Even shy time travelling photographers' patience only extended so far.

@Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mari

The blonde seemed to consider this, tapping her chin in thought. "Hm, hm.. Touche. You've got a point, I'll give you that; I'll also give you that, as you said, you're smart. You sniffed out one traitor on your own.. An' my 'buddies' ain't really the smartest people out there, but they know you're dangerous. I mean.. You're a twig, Princess, sure; but.." Ridley took a step forward, tapping Max on the forehead. "..I think they say the mind is powerful."

She took a few steps back and shrugged. "Not that I'd know that. I'm just another sexy Siren with family problems and a great sense of fashion, that knows how to get what she wants." There was that ego again.

The nineteen-year-old Caster flashed Max a grin. "'Course I get it's serious. Can you blame me for wanting to have some fun and try to lighten the mood? Loosen up, Princess. Nobody likes a killjoy."
Bayonetta sighed and looked up as it seemed to come to a battle of words to see who would return to the living. "Not my cup of tea, but I suppose I brought this upon myself", she said to herself as she approached Ridley.

tumblr_n104gf7yo51qcm0i5o5_250.gif

"Of course I'm a bloody agent," she said to both Ridley and Max, "but increasing our numbers creates more work for those traitors, does it not? My presence would afford the Coalition another round to pry them from the masses." She thought to what transpired here since arriving after death. "And let not only your ears understand who would be more valuable to the Coalition, as I fought, blindly at that, and enabled us to defeat the shadow creature, without much help from the little one." She winked at Max.

Then, she looked at Ridley. She had a good idea what her from previous experiences, and would make the most of that knowledge. "But if words, and visual aren't enough," she said, drawing closer to Ridley,

tumblr_ne8lzo5yDh1t6xtc8o1_500.gif

"I can give you... a sense of... touch. Along with my eternal gratitude."

Bayonetta then brought her hand to her hair, brushing it aside from her face, and then kissed Ridley softly on her lips.

After all, she was more a woman of action. Action was what she sought, and hoped to return to, especially alongside her love, Joshua.

@Hospes @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @OrlandoBloomers

"That's.. Also true," Rid admitted, folding her hands together quietly and simply watching Bayonetta. "Although, on the note of that soul.. If Miss Maxi ain't lyin', she could save people without violence. Isn't that a better alternative?"

"..Granted, neither of you have managed to sway me. I ain't on anyone's side but my own, yet." There was that cocky grin again.. Though there was some pain hidden behind it. She wished she had another team to be on.

But, then, Bayonetta closed in to make a move.. Without Rid even having to do anything. O mai. :o

At first, the blonde did nothing; just let Bayonetta kiss her without an objection. Soon enough, though, she pretty much said 'fuck it' and kissed back.

Because she needed all the lesbian action, even though she generally preferred males. =|

When the kiss was broken, Rid only grinned widely. "Well.. Wow," she started, before looking at Max. "..Better step up your game, Princess."
tumblr_inline_nq9namh2Jh1t8kjtx_100.png

Max looked visibly uncomfortable when Bayonetta referenced the fight with the corrupted soul, rubbing the nape of her neck with one hand as she adjusted her camera bag strap with the other. "Can we not make this a smear campaign? Yeah, I can't fight, anyone with eyes could tell you that. I just wanna help people. I'm not sure how many lives you've saved doing that bullet spam thing of yours, but if I hadn't been around from the get-go... let's just say the afterlife would be hella more populated. The line to resurrect would be as long as the lines at Disneyworld."

She paused a moment, then dropped her voice to a petulant mutter as she rubbed her arm.

"And it's not like you give a shit who lives and who dies. I had to save Coco while you stood there and worried about how long it'd take you to resurrect. That thing pretty much ate her before I rewinded, and you watched and did nothing. The last thing the group needs is someone else who's only out for themselves."

Max really didn't want this to break down into petty bickering, but she didn't see the harm in pointing that out while they were pointing fingers.

She just shrugged at the rest of her argument. It was true that re-killing Bayonetta would make the traitors waste time and effort, but... were things really that cut-and-dry? Who knew what the murderers would do once they realized she was back? That might compel them to do something really drastic to get around the deck-stacking, and the thought of that was... scary. It was easy to sell cornered animals short, but in reality that was when they were the most dangerous.

She raised her eyebrows when Bayonetta approached Ridley, honestly not sure what she was expecting. Then she leaned in however and oh.

"W-well, umm, t-that's not..."

She made a futile effort to say something while the kiss was still ongoing, but the dry, raspy squeak that was her voice at that point wasn't exactly compelling, so she quickly gave up. She instead averted her gaze downwards, her shoulders sagging dejectedly as she took to scuffing the floor with her Converse shoes, looking for all the world like a kicked puppy. She must've been delusional. She wasn't cut from the same cloth as those two. She was never gonna be able to persuade either of them, and there was no point in even trying. Forget seduction, Max wasn't even that good at making friends. "Shy and nerdy" didn't exactly scream approachable, and it didn't scream sex appeal either-- she couldn't charm Ridley into picking her. Bayonetta obviously could.

"...Jeez. Sudden flashbacks to getting picked last for the soccer team in Junior High... haha..."

Triggered.

tumblr_inline_nq9nblV0T91t8kjtx_100.png

@Hospes @Mari @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @afterlife​

Rid couldn't help but smirk at how put off and beaten Max looked after hearing Bayonetta's argument. It was.. Well, it almost managed to make the Siren feel bad. Almost. Instead, well.. She decided to take one of many courses of action that presented possible potential to amuse her. "D'aww.. Don't look so down, kid. If you really want to go back.. You could always try giving me a kiss, too. Maybe you're better at it than Bayonetta," she teased, winking at Max.

It probably wasn't evident, but the Siren was joking.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mari @OrlandoBloomers

• Love
Reactions: Mari
The blonde seemed to consider this, tapping her chin in thought. "Hm, hm.. Touche. You've got a point, I'll give you that; I'll also give you that, as you said, you're smart. You sniffed out one traitor on your own.. An' my 'buddies' ain't really the smartest people out there, but they know you're dangerous. I mean.. You're a twig, Princess, sure; but.." Ridley took a step forward, tapping Max on the forehead. "..I think they say the mind is powerful."

She took a few steps back and shrugged. "Not that I'd know that. I'm just another sexy Siren with family problems and a great sense of fashion, that knows how to get what she wants." There was that ego again.

The nineteen-year-old Caster flashed Max a grin. "'Course I get it's serious. Can you blame me for wanting to have some fun and try to lighten the mood? Loosen up, Princess. Nobody likes a killjoy."

Max blinked as the siren stepped closer, pale blue eyes squinting in slight uncertainty when the finger came up to tap her on the forehead. She willed herself not to step back or avert her gaze, no matter how much she may have wanted to, instead settling a dull glower on Ridley and dropping her hands to her sides. Words couldn't really describe how badly the photographer wanted to smack that smug, lipstick-wearing face of hers, but that wasn't what Max was about... plus, she probably would've ended up getting her ass kicked, so there was that.

She unconsciously breathed a sigh of relief when the blonde stepped back, having been unaware she was even tense to begin with. She gave a small cough, gripped her hoodie by the hem and straightened it, shifting from one foot to the other and offering Ridley a meek, apologetic shrug.

"Umm... sorry. I just... don't really think it's a good time."

Understatement of the fucking year.
"That's.. Also true," Rid admitted, folding her hands together quietly and simply watching Bayonetta. "Although, on the note of that soul.. If Miss Maxi ain't lyin', she could save people without violence. Isn't that a better alternative?"

"..Granted, neither of you have managed to sway me. I ain't on anyone's side but my own, yet." There was that cocky grin again.. Though there was some pain hidden behind it. She wished she had another team to be on.

But, then, Bayonetta closed in to make a move.. Without Rid even having to do anything. O mai. :o

At first, the blonde did nothing; just let Bayonetta kiss her without an objection. Soon enough, though, she pretty much said 'fuck it' and kissed back.

Because she needed all the lesbian action, even though she generally preferred males. =|

When the kiss was broken, Rid only grinned widely. "Well.. Wow," she started, before looking at Max. "..Better step up your game, Princess."

tumblr_inline_nq9nc4s9rT1t8kjtx_100.png

Max just gave Joshua, Coco, and Higa an incredulous look as the kiss raged on. "I thought we were gonna play Family Feud? Can we do that instead?"
Rid couldn't help but smirk at how put off and beaten Max looked after hearing Bayonetta's argument. It was.. Well, it almost managed to make the Siren feel bad. Almost. Instead, well.. She decided to take one of many courses of action that presented possible potential to amuse her. "D'aww.. Don't look so down, kid. If you really want to go back.. You could always try giving me a kiss, too. Maybe you're better at it than Bayonetta," she teased, winking at Max.

It probably wasn't evident, but the Siren was joking.

Needless to say, she missed the joke.

Aaaaand now Max was uncomfortable and faintly blushing. Always a good combo. She wasn't oblivious to the Siren's charms, after all, she just... tried to ignore them, which... wasn't really working out right now. How could it, with a display like that? Still, she did a remarkably good job at restraining the sputtering noise her throat almost made, turning away and tilting her head downwards to look at her shoes and hide her red cheeks. As far as actual responses went, she just pouted bitterly. Ah, yes. Sarcasm would be her salvation.

"I doubt it. She looks like a covergirl."

Nice.

"I'm not exactly high on bending over backwards for you, anyway. Sorry, not that easy. Either pick me or don't. And no offense, but pretentious ratchet girls who call people their age "kid" really aren't my type. Which... um, sucks, since we're apparently about to go ghostbustin' together. Who ya gonna call?"

That line wasn't delivered with nearly as much enthusiasm as a Ghostbusters reference normally would've warranted.

"By the way, I hope you're cool with, umm, getting violently torn to shreds and devoured by evil shadow spirit things? Since, you know, that's what's gonna happen if you decide I get to stay dead. I can't fight, so... I don't suppose you're packing heat in that cheerleading outfit? If not, you better be pretty damn confident in your ability to sweet-talk corrupted ghosts into not killing you. I don't think we'll last long otherwise."

@Hospes @Mari @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love
Reactions: Poe Dameron
Link made sure to keep an eye on Legolas as he thrusted his sword forward at Vanitas, then would follow up with an attempt to cut into his side.

@Wedge Antilles @Gummi Bunnies @ResistingTheEnlightened @Chris Lang @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Peeps fighting Vanitas

As the Mirkwood elf saw Link attacking to the side, he separated and went to the other side, knowing it would be a challenge for Vanitas to stop both attackers. He bore in with his long knife, looking to stab it where it may hurt.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Lizzy @Gummi Bunnies @ResistingTheEnlightened @Schnee Corp Lawyer

• Love
Reactions: Takumi
Status
Not open for further replies.