Status
Not open for further replies.
Chapter 5
"The Badlands"

As the fighting progressed around the podiums, no one paid much attention to the deactivated Monokuma and his large Mega friend. The air between them seemed to shimmer as the two robot bears began to pixellate. They were quickly broken down into indistinguishable pieces, their data beginning to merge together. As if some supernatural force was forming them into something entirely new, a red aura emitted from the fusion of bears.

They grew to twice the size of even MegaKuma, a chilling red energy flowing around them.

ppTmLe4.png

It could only be described as Demon Monokuma.

"User lost, searching for trace amounts of... Hope..." The demonic bear lifted its nose, seeming to sniff the air. After a moment, it growled, shaking its head wildly.

"Hope...! Hope found! Too much Hope! Delete... Delete! Delete, Delete, Delete!!"

The bear's mouth dropped open, revealing an unnaturally large maw. The air around the bear seemed to tighten as he roared, releasing the energy into a concentrated blast. Almost too fast to comprehend, the blast slammed into Aoko, her form dissipating on contact. In mere seconds, it was as if the woman ceased to exist.

"Deleeeete!!!" The bear reached out a claw, the energy around him forming a giant claw outside of his reach. It stretched outward, flying out and taking hold of Sarutobi Hiruzen. Pulling the man into him, the bear giggled loudly, its laughter reverberating through the floor. As the man touched the red energy surrounding the bear, he too seemed to dissipate from existence.

BFaOoDd.jpg

Ludger had been momentarily shocked by this sudden development, and it took the death of another one of his allies to knock him into motion. Summoning his pistols, he fired a volley of bullets into the creature, but they seemed to evaporate upon touching the foul red energy.

"What the--"

"DELETE!" Shock waves emitted from the beast, red energy spreading out from him to form spikes that jutted out of the floor. Jiriaya was skewered by one of the spikes, his body dissipating before everyone's eyes. The bear then continued to scream out "DELETE", throwing out more blasts of energy from his mouth as he did so. Belphegor and Nito were caught by the blasts, though Cell managed to escape the third shot narrowly. The demon bear wasn't about to let him get away however, as he began to suck in air in Cell's direction. He became like a vacuum, pulling Cell closer to him. The perfect being was powerless to do anything as he was sucked into the bear's gaping maw.

wJl3fNY.png

"Ludger!" Makoto yelled to him over the communicator. "What's happening? We've suddenly lost contact with--"

"A-A bear... A bear thing destroyed the final catalyst, and now he's on a rampage!"

"Destroyed the--" Makoto took in a sharp intake of breath. "Ludger, if they're gone, get everyone out of there! Now!"

Realizing Makoto had the right idea, Ludger quickly lifted his spear.

bR8T4kS.png

However, someone didn't want him to leave just yet--

t0EEqdJ.png

"Wait!! You can't just leave me here! Not with this thing! Don't go, don't go!" Junko grabbed hold of Ludger's arm, who couldn't do much to shake her with the transport already starting. The demon Monokuma readied another mouth blast, but he seemed to freeze as the world around everyone broke away into nothing.

After a moment of silence, the world of nothingness then rebuilt from the ground up. Dust clouded the vision of the survivors until a visible surface had finally been recreated around them. Once the new area was entirely visible to the group of Akibahara crusaders, they would see a deserted wasteland.

keyblade-graveyard.jpg

The ground was hot, dusty and made of rough clay. The sunlight that beat down on their heads from the sky was brutally hot. Lastly, all around them, the group would see miles and miles of weapons stuck into the ground. They weren't just any weapons either. They were keyblades, the same type of weapon that their comrade Aqua carried with her.

Aqua rushed in front of everyone, stopping them with a motion of her hand. "I know this place!" she cried. "This place is a world from my own universe! It's called... The Keyblade Graveyard."

KHBBS_065.jpg

The keyblade master grinned excitedly. "Finding the divergent catalyst here shouldn't be a problem. Out of any of us, I know this world best. I'm sure I can figure out this world's alternative history and lead us in the right direction."

After speaking, Aqua's communicator began to beep. Oddly enough, everyone's communicators began beeping after hers did. The group looked around, for the divergent catalyst, but saw nothing. Perhaps the communicators were malfunctioning?

yTKW3TK.png

As they traveled, Aqua explained the history of the world as best she could. "This place is a graveyard now. Long ago, a war was fought here between keyblade wielders and seekers of darkness over a great, powerful source of light. The blades of the fallen warriors still stand here today, so I don't think that the keyblade war has anything to do with this world's alternate history; it looked the same in my version of the world," Aqua explained. "I'll take some time, but I'm sure we'll be able to figure it out…"

The group traveled for days after arriving, loosing themselves within the massive maze of old keyblades. A week had passed and they still hadn't found anything to do with the world's alternate history. They only found more dirt, dust, and broken, rusty keys.

Aqua sighed. "It doesn't make any sense. Nothing about this world looks any different. After the Keyblade War happened here, the only thing to happen afterwards was fairly recent. My friends, Terra and Ven, along with myself came to this world, seeking to question a master about the sneaky things he had been up to lately. The master—Xehanort—betrayed us, stole Terra's body to use for his own, and the dark master's apprentice—Vanitas—possessed my friend Ven. I fought and defeated the dark master's apprentice, stopping him. And later, I fought and stopped the dark master himself before I was trapped in the Ream of Darkness--an empty world were lost souls reside--by accident. But I don't see any sign of either of them—"

A voice suddenly echoed in the heads of everyone in the group, laughing darkly.

"Are you sure about that, Aqua?"

Aqua blinked, looking around.

yu11zht.png

"That voice… Vanitas?!"

"That's right. After so long, I'm surprised you haven't forgotten about me."

"You should be gone. I stopped you," Aqua told him, narrowing her eyes.

latest

"You should have? That's a laugh. You didn't. I'm still here. YOU failed to stop me. You stopped Master Xehanort, but you were too pathetic to even have the nerve to face me. So with you gone and Master Xehanort gone, do you know what I did? I forged the ultimate keyblade and brought many worlds into darkness."

Aqua felt her legs tremble.

"No…"

Vanitas chuckled. "Yes, I did. Would you like a second chance at stopping me? You'll have to look for me. I broke myself into two pieces and hid them somewhere in this world. Find and destroy both parts and the real me will come back. You'll have a chance to really stop me this time. Aqua, I'll be waiting for you at the crossroads once I've returned…"

An image of what the two pieces of Vanitas looked like appeared before the group.

BattleMissionEmblem.png

Aqua clenched a fist, her arms shaking.

1mGtroT.png

"We know who the divergent catalyst is. Now we just need to find these two pieces of him so we can destroy them, before finally destroying his real self."

Just in the nick of time, the Coalition communicators beeped, showing a map of the area on their screens that they had finally managed to compile.

Locations:

Seat of War - A small outcropping of rock overlooking the shattered vista below.

Twister Trench - It appears to be a trench full of vicious looking storms. Tread with caution.

Fissure- A small ravine containing a few tents. They appear to be shopping areas run by moogles—quirky, adorable little creatures who live in Aqua's universe…

Crossroads - Four crossroads, covered by the keyblades of wielders who fell during the Keyblade War. It was here Aqua and her companions faced Master Xehanort and Vanitas long ago…

Dark Cave - An unknown location. It appears to be fairly new on the map.

~CAST LIST~
@Atomyk as Claire Redfield [Resident Evil]
@FireDrake150 as Izana [Original Character] and Ace [Final Fantasy]
@Gummi Bunnies as Red [Pokemon] and Rinato Dormi [Original Character]
@BarrenThin as Lisa Castle and Frank Castle [Marvel Comics]
@The Tactician as Kazuya 'Abel' Mineshigi and Naoya 'Cain' Mineshigi [Devil Survivor]
@Verite as Shiki Tohno [Type-Moon]
@Krieg as Jon Snow [Game of Thrones]
@Bomb as Plutia [Hyperdimension Neptunia] and Gnar [League of Legends]
@Emperor Palpachu as R2-D2 [Star Wars] and The Doctor [Doctor Who]
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Aqua [Kingdom Hearts]
@Hospes as Teresa Agnes [Maze Runner]
@york as Sophie [Cry of Fear] and Ruby Rose [RWBY]
@TheColourlessRainbow as The Charmed Ones [Charmed]
@DapperDogman as Soul 'Eater' Evans [Soul Eater] and Ulysses[Fallout]
@Proxymoron as Nicki Minaj [Real Life]
@Thuro Pendragon as Ezio Auditore and Desmond Miles [Assassin's Creed]
@Ryu Keiko as Ryu Keiko [Original Character]
@Josh M as Travis Touchdown [No More Heroes]
@Raven as Jake Long [American Dragon] and Stitch [Lilo and Stitch]
@TheBlueBurch as Chloe Price [Life is Strange]
@Jeremi as Storm and Crusader [Marvel Comics]
@Wedge Antilles as Legolas Greenleaf [The Lord of the Rings]
@ShadowPrime as Felix [Red vs Blue]
@Unlimited RP Works as Archer [Type-Moon]
@Meira as Revya [Soul Nomad & The World Eaters]
@The Silver Paladin as The Lone Wanderer/Riley [Fallout]
@Mtntopview as Frenzy [Transformers]
@Nater Taters as Booker DeWitt [Bioshock]
@ResistingTheEnlightened as Joshua Graham [Fallout]
@Lizzy as Link and Fi [Legend of Zelda]
@Ivazel as Albert Wesker [Resident Evil]

The Dead
@Emperor Palpachu as Darth Vader - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Chris Lang as Kalifa and Kaku - MURDERED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED!
@Maddeline as Emily "Hunter" Grimes - DIED! INNOCENT! VAPORIZED!
@Mighty Roman as Joseph Aniphage - MURDERED! INNOCENT! SNAPPED NECK!
@Infinatis as Grail Trigadon and Specter Knight - DIED! INNOCENT! SQUASHED LIKE A BUG!
@M a r s as Lucy Heartfilia - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Banana Soiree as Harry Hart/Galahad - DIED! INNOCENT! GUNNED DOWN!
@Schnee Corp Lawyer as Alice Margatroid - MURDERED! INNOCENT! BRAIN EXPLODED AND BEATEN TO DEATH!
@OrlandoBloomers as Maxine Caulfield - MURDERED! INNOCENT! IMPALED!
@Mari as Bayonetta - MURDERED! AGENT! ARROW TO THE BACK OF THE HEAD!
@Hospes as Ridley Duchannes - EXECUTED! TRAITOR! BEGGED FOR DEATH!
@FancyForrest as Wander - DIED! INNOCENT! CONSUMED BY BLACK FIRE!
@Librarian Cat as Corvo Attano - DIED! INNOCENT! SHATTERED!
@MrDubWubs as Vi - DIED! INNOCENT! CRUSHED BY A METEOR!
@Korra as Dante - DIED! INNOCENT! PUNCHED THROUGH THE HEART!
@Jenny as Margaery Tyrell and Loras Tyrell - DIED! INNOCENT! HEADS SMASHED IN!
@Sandra as Sylveon and Umbreon - DIED! INNOCENT! IMMOLATED!
@Black Cat as Sarutobi Hiruzen and Toad Sage Jiriaya - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@OrionsHammer as Belphegor - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@SirDerpingtonIV as Nito - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
@Dinoteen as Cell - DIED! INNOCENT! DELETED!
Stitch and Jake listened then looked to the others in there group. They hadn't really done much but follow Ace and Izana where every they decided was best to go. Jake and Stitch both were processing different thoughts on there next possible move depending on who and what they may find.

@FireDrak150 @Lizzy @Whoever Else I was with and tagged me.

Alice blinked as the bear hulked out out of nowhere, whooped a large amount of ass, everything went to hell, and they all ended up... somewhere new again.

"..."

She sighed and shook her head, twirling her fingers to pull back in the deadly net of nigh invisible wires that were floating in the air around her before someone walked into one and lost a limb or two on accident, her remaining non-exploded dolls sent back to their storage as Shanghai and hourai whizzed around to get their bearings.

"Well. That was... messy." She said darkly. "Half our forces cut down in an instant. Atrocious." She shook her head and floated off to Chloe's side, one eyebrow raised as she regarded her... multiple fractures e_e "Perhaps try a smaller gun next time. I'd rather not explain to Max that you killed yourself after I promised to protect you Shinki knows we have enough people trying to do that to themselves already." she muttered before their trek began.

That had been... less graceful than it could have been. She'd be lying if she said it wasn't good to finally let off some of that pent up aggression after weeks away from home and the spellcard duels that inevitably came from being there. Plus the whole 'dying' thing had her a bit on edge.

That didn't change the fact that there were far too many people on their side who'd get incinerated if they were caught by even one of her average spells if they got caught in the crossfire though. There was never a reason to brute force your way through a problem when finesse could almost always achieve the same results without collateral. She was better than that

or at least, she was supposed to be

She followed along as the week passed, dolls scouting out and around the general area to ensure naught was missed. When the catalyst revealed itself, she simply nodded and scanned the map before glancing to Chloe with a raised eyebrow.

"Well? I shall follow you for now, so as better to keep my promise"

@TheBlueBurch @whoever wants to talk to the less murderous schizo in the party
"Yeah, I understand. Sorry about that Alice. Just wasn't okay with sitting on the sidelines while people were getting slaughtered." She murmured as she shambled on after Aqua's group only to watch as Alice floated after her.

"Well I don't mind the company." She'd say flashing a grin towards the youkai as they continued onward.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @The Silver Paladin

jon-snow.gif

"Finally, a'ye, justice." Jon softly remarked, though subtlety wanting to swing the sword herself as news broke of Ridley, the traitor's, death. Not an ounce of sorrow had seeped from the harden Northerner's heart, seeing the act as only retribution for Max's demise at the hands of cutthroats and scum. Still, it haunted the crow that he could of let that happened, and the lack of memories of him ever entering this academy was troubling to put it kindly. Looking over at his supposed friend Travis, the bastard began to raise an eyebrow, eyeing the weeaboo with a lazer sword a bit carefully. Noting a sense of aggression in his movements, Jon flinched, starting to raise Longclaw in defense, knowing damn well what was about to happen.

"You sh-!"

After many dramatic battles, a chapter update, and loads of exposition, Jon soon found himself in a desert. So, grand, we have ruins, more ruins, a city besieged, a strange academy he has no recollection of, and now the Badlands. What is next, a Dothraki horde on the horizon, waving their arakhs about madly like uncivilized savages? Mumbling to himself, stripping of some of the thick, fur-coated articles of clothing he bore, Jon heavily sighed, wiping away a few trails of fresh crimson, feeling his cheeks thankfully patched up.

"I hope this is but a dream at times..." he whispered under his breath, Jon blankly wandering off in one direction with the most deadpan, almost annoyed expression. Which, just so happened to be towards the Fissure. Oboy, Party Van Squad...kinda.

;~;

@TheBlueBurch @Chris Lang @Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin

It was official.. Ridley Duchannes was dead.

Everything that had happened had felt like it'd dragged on so.. slowly. Like it had all happened in slow motion. Like Ridley hadn't even done it at all, and it was done by someone else. The voice that, even as she had felt herself fading away, echoed through her mind reminded her it wasn't the case. A real pity you couldn't at least go out with a bang and take a few others out with you, my dear Ridley.. It would seem you can't even do that right. Tsk.

If she were awake, and not fading out of reality and into death, the blonde would've cringed.

That Joshua character really had been stupid, acting like she'd just gotten in the way of the bullet to save Frank. It was.. True, though she wouldn't admit that to herself or anyone else. But, then, it was an act of desperation. Get killed when the clearest opportunity came, or die at the hands of... What, a little weird bear? An insane boy who made some damn creepy faces? If she was lucky, maybe even one of the actual players?

Yeah. She'd rather take the chances with the bullet.

Honestly, the girl now was almost 100% certain the entire cast were imbeciles. She'd said it so many times, they would've had to be rock-stupid to not take a hint and get that she'd committed the crime. Or.. Okay, maybe only a couple kills. Whatever. It was pretty sad that it took them so long to catch on.. Not that she cared. It wasn't her fault it took someone else giving it away for them to listen.

Besides.. A painful death was just what she had deserved. Just what she wanted. Maybe even what she needed. She wasn't a hero, and didn't deserve the bullet Joshua had delivered to put her out of her suffering. No.. He should've let her suffer. Let her embrace the pain, and take the time to remember all the things she'd done to deserve it.

Reality check, Ridley; none of the people who called you their friend should've had to put up with you. You didn't deserve the kindness. You didn't deserve anything better than what your family did to you, or how they treated you; hell, if anything, you deserved worse. That will never change. You will always be a monster. Always be a killer. And you will never get redemption.

If only she were alive to cry, or have another angst fest over that thought that she knew was mere truth. Her one question was.. Why? Why did she let Frank, Desmond, Booker.. Anyone, plant this false hope that she could do good in her mind? That she could change? She knew she never would. She'd told them that same thing.

Ridley Duchannes wasn't a role model. Wasn't a hero, or even remotely heroic. Ridley Duchannes was nothing but a monster. And she'd keep telling herself that until..

...Until what?

She'd met her end. This attractive monster's story would be told by the heroes who'd put her out of this. Not her. Nobody would get the full story, because she'd never gotten to give it. Not that it mattered.. It didn't change what she was. It never would.

Ridley Duchannes was dead--

Cat-like golden eyes peering open with the faintest trace of surprise, the Siren was admittedly surprised to find herself awakening in an odd room with an odd sassy butt-loving annoying boy. Or, to find herself waking up at all, for that matter. "Woah.. Y'know, I thought hell would be better decorated, really.." she muttered, wit apparently not lost upon her death after all.

Suddenly, though, she took further notice of the boy, and decided to address him.. After crossing her arms and jutting her hip slightly to the side. "Yo, Curls; is this supposed to be some sort of..-" she trailed off, tilting her head. "'Day Five'? What are you on about, kid?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
tumblr_nowoiqO65U1r8iovuo4_250.gif

"Sorry, sweetie. Just stay behind me, okay?"

Max responded to Coco in a rush, quickly holding the smaller girl's hand in case she ran off or something. She almost dropped the phone tossed her way as a result, but after a moments' fumbling managed to get a firm grip on it, a little confused that it was already ringing but nevertheless pushing the dial button and bringing the receiver to her ear.

"H-hello? Are you the boss I'm supposed to be calling?"

She hoped it was. This was gonna get awkward if there was some random telemarketer on the other end of the line.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Mari @afterlife
Bayonetta smiled. "Well, I always fancied myself as the fighting type, so," she said, "let's dance!"

B2combo20.png

She rushed in and gave a swift, hard kick to the shadow being, kicking it airborne, and then firing her Love is Blue arsenal at it as it drifted a short distance away. "Unfortunately for you, I am in a terrible mood right now. Terrible for you, but good for me I suppose", she said. She wished the creature were the traitor that killed her, or one of a few individuals she would love to unceremoniously execute, but the shadow creature would do. She looked back at Max.

"Don't look this way, little one", she said, with a wink.

She then used her Umbran abilities to produce a foot, or a boot, from the outfit of Madama Butterfly herself. She would then use it to stomp on the shadow creature that threatened them earlier.

tumblr_na5yuzcsGN1tam5emo3_250.gif

"Here's to squashing the little pests that trouble us so", she said as she continued to put the Umbran boot to the shadow creature.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @OrlandoBloomers

Coco whined when Max told her to stay behind her and Bayonetta shot her a wink. "Why is there a monster in here? Don't let it hurt you, lady," she said, glancing to Bayonetta with worry.

Bayonetta's kick sent the shadowy creature flying through the air, and left holes in the beast after she fired at it. When the umbra witch attacked the creature with her boot, it appeared to entirely be smashed down, fading into nothing. However, as soon as the creature was gone, it appeared again behind Bayonetta, rising up from her shadow.

The creature slowly reformed, belching a dark fog from its mouth afterwards. The fog sprayed in Bayonetta's face, feeling hot like fire. It didn't burn her, but instead got inside her eyes--blinding her for a moment.

Meanwhile, Joshua was relieved when someone picked up the phone.

"Wait, you don't sound like Higa. You're Max... What's going on in there?"

He sighed after a moment, realizing Ridley was standing behind him. Placing a hand over the mic so Max couldn't hear he said to Ridley, "Day Five is part of the afterlife game. We're having some issues right now so if you wait patiently I'll get you set up in a moment." He paused before adding, "Unless you'd like to go with me to check out this mess?"

@Mari @OrlandoBloomers @Hospes

//ooc: Still out at the moment, just sneaking in a reply for the afterlife. :)​

@Fissure

4.jpg

At the fissure, the group would find a set-up containing four different tents. Little white creatures known as moogles could be seen entering and exiting the first tent, the second tent appears to be a bit noisy, strange smells waft outside of the third tent, and inside the fourth tent you can hear someone... crying.

Which tent will you explore?

@The Silver Paladin @TheBlueBurch @Wedge Antilles @Chris Lang

Aqua frowned upon hearing the crying from the fourth tent.

"What's going on in there, I wonder?"

A moogle wandered out of the first tent and glanced at Aqua. "A woman in that tent lost her son, kupo. They're refugees from other worlds."

"I see," Aqua said with a sigh, before asking the moogle. "Do you sell flowers?"

If someone was sad and had lost their children, Aqua wanted to visit and pay them a kindness.

"Sure do, kupo! Right here in the first tent."​
256px-Th075sakuya01.png

Sakuya had been playing with time-space a little too much. For fun, she'd tried to expand the size of the Scarlet Devil Mansion even further using her time manipulation, but instead formed a portal. Curious, she went through, not expecting to have to spend too long where she ended up...

She ended up in a little settlement with four tents. Looking around, no portals or anything were in sight. She was gonna be stuck here for awhile. She got up, dusting the sand off her outfit.

"So where am I...?" she wondered aloud. It had been quite some time since she went outside the mansion. Not knowing what to do, she went into the first tent she saw, which happened to be the first tent. There were little white creatures moving about. Apparently you could buy things here. Sakuya was a bit excited before remembering she didn't carry any money on her.

"Oh well," she shrugged, deciding maybe she could try to talk to people instead. There appeared to be a few people who weren't one of those little things, after all.

@TheBlueBurch @Chris Lang @Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @Whoever else is in the fissure

Last edited:
Raynor Prologue
A Deal From Beyond The Veil

sc2%206%20640x480.jpg

Space is frightening, exciting, mysterious, dangerous, and massive. All kinds of different words can be used to describe space, but no one ever wondered what would happen if something that was..beyond space tried to show up. Beyond our space, could it be just as dangerous and exciting? Who knows, but James Raynor was too desperate for help to try and work out the pro's and con's of this little deal.

The void shuddered as a gargantuan terran ship jumped into its mass. A battlecruiser of Dominion design, far larger than your average ship of the fleet. The iconic name "HYPERION" was plastered on her hull, barely readable but readable enough to understand who she belonged to. Crewmen shuffled out of the cantina and recreational zones to their command posts as the vessel reached its jump point. Meanwhile in the bridge, captain Matt Horner turned around from the view screen.

"Sir, we reached the rendezvous point. I cant help but ask what who we were hoping to meet here."

The sound of liquid swishing, followed by a burp and a sigh of satisfaction was a telltale sign of who was sitting in the second command chair. The chair spun around and low and behold; the peoples hero was sitting up and closing his hip flask.

"I already checked all of the details, Matt. The info is good..now we just gotta wait." Raynor said in a hopeful tone.

"I think we already made enough deals with shady organizations, sir. We had no previous data on these...Coalition individuals before and now, out of the blue, they contact us and tell us to meet them at the fringe of the sector? This isn't a save move, sir."

Raynor rose from his seat, sighing and putting a hand on Matts shoulder. "Listen, so far we haven't been doing so hot in this revolution and our work with the foundation didn't work out so well. We need all the help we can get if we're gonna make this revolution count for somethin'. And that's why I'm puttin' my trust in these Coalition folks, whoever they are."

"And if they are pirates?"

Raynor smirked and sat back in his seat, popping open his flask and taking a long sip, looking up at Matt.

"Then they can try can take whatever they want from us; not before they get blasted to kingdom come. You know I don't make deals and just leave my gun at home, Matt."

Matt looked down and chuckled "Of course, sir". The Hyperion simply sits at the fringe of the sector, awaiting some kind of communication from the Coalition..with its weapons and shields charged up in case push comes to shove.

( OOC Note: For context, I imagine the Coalition contacted Raynor beforehand and are trying to enlist his help against Akibahara. If this is conflicting with the current situation I can always edit it.)

@Atomyk
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Atomyk
Seeing no need for her to be around for this, Lapis walked to where the exit of the Dark Cave was, leaning against the rocky wall as she waited for the rest of the group to finish up whatever they needed to do in that cave in the first place. It didn't seem to have the piece that they were looking for, and all they found there was some little boy. Considering the appearance of a kid in a place like this, it makes her wonder if he was really supposed to be there or not.

"I don't even know anymore..." she grumbled to herself as she referred to more than just this place. She didn't exactly know what to do at this point now that they found out one of the traitors, and the judgment of Abel and Naoya had not been announced yet via communicator. She didn't want to admit it to herself either, but she wasn't sure on what she'll do after all of this. Specifically, what was her purpose doing all of this?

A bounty hunter who was so content with killing in the first place happens to work with a group of people to stop a cycle of killing. While some didn't seem to mind, she did. Lapis once again started to feel the dread settle in. To think that she would had died instead if she didn't get dragged into this, and she would had fallen off the top of a skyscraper and the fall would had shattered all of her crystals in the process...

Actually, she felt that by thinking about all of this at the time wouldn't be that helpful for herself and the others, so she silently tried to get some shut-eye. Well... she didn't really have to fall asleep, but this was pretty much a thing that made her feel human.

@just Lapis standing right outside the dark cave. :P​

Coco whined when Max told her to stay behind her and Bayonetta shot her a wink. "Why is there a monster in here? Don't let it hurt you, lady," she said, glancing to Bayonetta with worry.

Bayonetta's kick sent the shadowy creature flying through the air, and left holes in the beast after she fired at it. When the umbra witch attacked the creature with her boot, it appeared to entirely be smashed down, fading into nothing. However, as soon as the creature was gone, it appeared again behind Bayonetta, rising up from her shadow.

The creature slowly reformed, belching a dark fog from its mouth afterwards. The fog sprayed in Bayonetta's face, feeling hot like fire. It didn't burn her, but instead got inside her eyes--blinding her for a moment.

Meanwhile, Joshua was relieved when someone picked up the phone.

"Wait, you don't sound like Higa. You're Max... What's going on in there?"

He sighed after a moment, realizing Ridley was standing behind him. Placing a hand over the mic so Max couldn't hear he said to Ridley, "Day Five is part of the afterlife game. We're having some issues right now so if you wait patiently I'll get you set up in a moment." He paused before adding, "Unless you'd like to go with me to check out this mess?"

@Mari @OrlandoBloomers @Hospes

//ooc: Still out at the moment, just sneaking in a reply for the afterlife. :)​

Ridley almost groaned in detest at the mention of an afterlife game. Great.. So much for an escape from going back to her universe. "..Guess I'll tag along. Ain't like I got anything better to do, anyways."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
rs_500x281-130603130854-Arya_reaction_zps4a3aaa6d.gif

So this is it...

Mercy could only vainly watch as the ones around her made a mockery of her act of generosity. From compelling speeches of blinded fools whom believed into this romantic heroism to old faces that haunted her, the young teenager had enough of these petite games. Arising, taking note of Soul's ebony blood, the self-proclaimed Child of Aki's eyes widen, instinctively reaching for Needle. Unsheathing it from her hip, Arya hastily raised her right hand, and lo, a "Shield of Shadows" conjured in her hands, composed entirely of dark energy. Feeling one of the needle-like darts pierce her lower stomach, Arya growled, her red eyes flickering slightly back into their normal coloring, the shield fading away into nothingness.

Knowing diplomacy had all but shattered, the Northerner slammed her boot forwards, kicking the steel table towards Soul with shockingly unreal strength. Wine splashed into the air, glass shattering upon the steel flooring below, tensions rising between the two drastically different groups of people. Like the conflicts since the Age of Heroes, diplomacy had all but shattered, the banners of war having been raised in preference. Heavily breathing, feeling the needle that had dug itself into her lower abdomen, Arya simply yanked it out, her powers beyond something as trivial as Soul's normally crippling effects, partially thanks to the gifts of an Arch-Demon whom reach extended entire universes. However, it was not mute, the flickering color in her eyes and weakening state an evident reality that the traitor was not invincible.

Feeling her voice grow grim, she looked directly at Chris, her right hand turning into a fist, as if she was clenching another sword or shield. Suddenly lashing it out from a fair distance, the militaristic agent against the forces of the undead would feel a sensation best described as a whip collide against his upper chest. Arya, wielding this wrathful, seemingly invisible whip, continued to lash out at Chris, all the while horridly crying and growling out.

"Do not talk about her, as if you knew her! None of you know true suffering, none of you!! I'll have you and your sister's head!!!"

It was only then that she saw Makoto suddenly thrust himself into the VR room, with other Coalition members presumably standing nearby. Memories flooded, recalling her more humble days in the headquarters, learning to practice with a bow, training herself with the sword, and generally enjoying a happy life. It was not perfect, the overwhelming emotion of loss keeping her awake many nights, but it was a life she could truly call her own. But, in her quest for redemption and retribution, she had forsaken it, a fallen angel who believes she has ascended. Even with the power of a God, a lone Singularist, even Arya cannot change fate and the destiny around her. With that, only darkness remained, a moth fluttering towards a flame, her wings already beginning to burn.

"Ma..koto..."

She called out, her eyes flashing into their normal stoic ash, the iconic wolfish gaze of the She-Wolf. Standing in silence, the dust settling from the fury attacks and wrath, Arya softly looked around. Hissing softly to herself, she abruptly dashed forwards, briefly fading into a puff of literal, physical darkness. Reappearing before the front entrance of the VR room, the Stark gazed behind her, the traitor tightening her expression.

With complete silence, Arya began to flee, swinging left out of the room, Needle boldly waving in her left.

@The Tactician @DapperDogman @Atomyk @Verite @Hospes (?)
"Arya, wait!" Chris exclaimed. With decades of experience ingrained into his mind, memories of events that had never happened in his own timeline that he had absorbed during his time being one with the multiverse, he had enough pain tolerance to not be too perturbed to the invisible whip that Arya threw forward. It wasn't to say it didn't hurt, because it certainly did. But he would not give the girl the satisfaction of hearing him yell in pain to regret his words.

As she would attempt to make her escape, Chris wasted no time in attempting to go after her. They couldn't let her escape from their grasp! Not again! And not when she was right there! His speed, being of peak human stats, was quite impressive, even for some who might have superhuman speed. Still, Chris struggled to catch up in the wake of Arya's darkness energy that seemed to give her the boost to allow her to speed through the hallways of the Coalition.

His hand reached out towards the direction of the young girl, as though trying to reach out to her, perhaps in more ways than one.

But if it meant more than it looked when Chris would try to reach out to Arya, perhaps it meant more than it looked when one saw that perhaps he could never reach Arya.

As though it meant Chris Redfield could never hope to understand Arya Stark truly.

But could humans ever hope to completely understand each other in general anyway?

@Atomyk @DapperDogman @Krieg @The Tactician

Fi thought about their choices and began in the direction of the Fissure, where Aqua's usual group went. If the others in the small group the joined followed was up to them since Link quietly followed beside her. Plus the two were curious about the shops and such.

@Chris Lang @The rest of the Fissure group

Kaku smiled at the arrival of the hero of Skyloft. "I hear you have plenty of experience exploring strange lands. Sounds like you'd be right at home here."

After many dramatic battles, a chapter update, and loads of exposition, Jon soon found himself in a desert. So, grand, we have ruins, more ruins, a city besieged, a strange academy he has no recollection of, and now the Badlands. What is next, a Dothraki horde on the horizon, waving their arakhs about madly like uncivilized savages? Mumbling to himself, stripping of some of the thick, fur-coated articles of clothing he bore, Jon heavily sighed, wiping away a few trails of fresh crimson, feeling his cheeks thankfully patched up.

"I hope this is but a dream at times..." he whispered under his breath, Jon blankly wandering off in one direction with the most deadpan, almost annoyed expression. Which, just so happened to be towards the Fissure. Oboy, Party Van Squad...kinda.

"Jon Snow." Kalifa greeted. "It's good that you've decided to join us."

"We've been reading up on you." Kaku said. "From what we've read, wastelands such as these are things that you're used to. Only they tend to be much colder."

"It looks like we might be meeting some of the locals here. In the first tent appears to be where people buy, trade, and sell. In the second tent is ... some sort of noise. We don't know what it is yet, but we intend to find out." Kalifa added.

@Raven @FireDrake150 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheBlueBurch @Chris Lang @Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin

Reactions: Takumi
"M-My name?" the boy stammered nervously, still uncomfortable with the idea the man in front of him had a gun, even with it put away. "My parents said I shouldn't tell my name to strangers! I shouldn't even be talking to them!" he exclaimed, whirling around to face the cave wall again--attempting to ignore them. "Uh, but I shouldn't show you my sword; you might take it," he told Ruby, biting his lower lip. When Red's Pikachu jumped down from his shoulder, the boy flinched, glancing behind him to see it.

"Whoa! What's that!?" he questioned, eyes going wide as he gazed at Pikachu in wonder.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @ResistingTheEnlightened

Upon entering Dark Cave Shiki, Junko, and Joseph would see Joshua, Red, Lapis, Ruby, and Sophie standing near a young boy who had decorated the cave with quite a lot of drawings. He frowned, seeing more people entering the cave.

"Ugh, so much for this being my new secret place," he mumbled. "I decided to come here... to make something for my friends," he said, replying to Joseph.

@Verite @Atomyk @Mighty Roman
"Oh, and I thought we'd be alone here," Shiki sighed to Junko, seeming to pass by Lapis who was apparently standing outside, before deciding to approach the group consisting of Joshua, Joseph, Red, Pikachu, Ruby, and Sophie, and the strange little boy who seemed to be with them. May as well make himself comfortable here.

Nanaya01.png

"Strangers, eh? Don't worry, little boy. We're all friends here," Shiki said, approaching him... with Junko still in his arms, "And a hello to the rest of you guys, though... didn't you die earlier? My, it's quite convenient when one can be resurrected so quickly, eh?" He said, first to the group, and then directing his attention towards Joseph.

@Mighty Roman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @ResistingTheEnlightened @york

Last edited:

Frank eliminated creature after creature as the girl screamed and clung to him for her life. Eventually, the creatures ditched the girl and began to swarm Frank instead--realizing he was the bigger threat. They began poking their sharp, needle-like hands into him.

The girl stumbled back, gasping. "No, please don't hurt him!" she shouted at the creatures. "It's me you want!"

@BarrenThin

"M-My name?" the boy stammered nervously, still uncomfortable with the idea the man in front of him had a gun, even with it put away. "My parents said I shouldn't tell my name to strangers! I shouldn't even be talking to them!" he exclaimed, whirling around to face the cave wall again--attempting to ignore them. "Uh, but I shouldn't show you my sword; you might take it," he told Ruby, biting his lower lip. When Red's Pikachu jumped down from his shoulder, the boy flinched, glancing behind him to see it.

"Whoa! What's that!?" he questioned, eyes going wide as he gazed at Pikachu in wonder.

@Gummi Bunnies @york @ResistingTheEnlightened

Upon entering Dark Cave Shiki, Junko, and Joseph would see Joshua, Red, Lapis, Ruby, and Sophie standing near a young boy who had decorated the cave with quite a lot of drawings. He frowned, seeing more people entering the cave.

"Ugh, so much for this being my new secret place," he mumbled. "I decided to come here... to make something for my friends," he said, replying to Joseph.

@Verite @Atomyk @Mighty Roman

Aqua sighed. "Well, I don't need everyone vowing to protect me. That's just... silly. We should all work together to protect each other." She glanced away, starting to walk toward the Fissure with everyone. "And I know I've been injured twice, but I've been injured more times than I can count. The life I live is a dangerous one. So that's exactly why I taught myself healing magic when I was young. I just want all of us to focus on each other and not just... me"

If people were only focused on her, what would happen if she died? It would be a huge blow to the group, and Aqua didn't want that.

"Anyhow, unversed were created from powerful negative emotions. It was Vanitas who created them, the same one we want to destroy. So once we stop him, if there are any left they should all disappear," she explained.

@The Silver Paladin @TheBlueBurch @Wedge Antilles @Chris Lang
"Oh, and I thought we'd be alone here," Shiki sighed to Junko, seeming to pass by Lapis who was apparently standing outside, before deciding to approach the group consisting of Joshua, Joseph, Red, Pikachu, Ruby, and Sophie, and the strange little boy who seemed to be with them. May as well make himself comfortable here.

Nanaya01.png

"Strangers, eh? Don't worry, little boy. We're all friends here," Shiki said, approaching him... with Junko still in his arms, "And a hello to the rest of you guys, though... didn't you die earlier? My, it's quite convenient when one can be resurrected so quickly, eh?" He said, first to the group, and then directing his attention towards Joseph.

@Mighty Roman @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @Gummi Bunnies @ResistingTheEnlightened @york

Ruby Rose & Sophie
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Verite @Gummi Bunnies @ResistingTheEnlightened @The others

Ruby looked a bit disappointed "Aww..." she said, though, it didn't take long for her to perk up again "I understand! I wouldn't want anyone taking my weapon either..." she said, standing off to the side a little realizing the boy needed a little space. Sophie in the meantime looked a bit intrigued when the boy mentioned making something for his friends, but, she wasn't sure if she wanted to pry any further just yet; perhaps she should wait for a bit and let him adjust to all this company quickly.

Kaku smiled at the arrival of the hero of Skyloft. "I hear you have plenty of experience exploring strange lands. Sounds like you'd be right at home here."

"Jon Snow." Kalifa greeted. "It's good that you've decided to join us."

"We've been reading up on you." Kaku said. "From what we've read, wastelands such as these are things that you're used to. Only they tend to be much colder."

"It looks like we might be meeting some of the locals here. In the first tent appears to be where people buy, trade, and sell. In the second tent is ... some sort of noise. We don't know what it is yet, but we intend to find out." Kalifa added.

@Raven @FireDrake150 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheBlueBurch @Chris Lang @Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin

Link looked to Kaku as he spoke to him and nodded.

"Exploring strange lands is a part of my destiny apparently. I've grown used to it by now, so not much can really surprise me. The goddess of my world has this thing for puzzles though..." He replied, while Fi gave her Master a small smirk.

"How else will you overcome trials of courage, wisdom, and power Master? Would you rather just run into Ghirahim the moment you set foot in a strange land?"

At the mentioning of the over dramatic "Demon Lord" Link shuddered a bit. Their first meeting gave him nightmares.

@Raven @FireDrake150 @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheBlueBurch @Chris Lang @Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @anybody else at the fissure

256px-Th075sakuya01.png

Sakuya had been playing with time-space a little too much. For fun, she'd tried to expand the size of the Scarlet Devil Mansion even further using her time manipulation, but instead formed a portal. Curious, she went through, not expecting to have to spend too long where she ended up...

She ended up in a little settlement with four tents. Looking around, no portals or anything were in sight. She was gonna be stuck here for awhile. She got up, dusting the sand off her outfit.

"So where am I...?" she wondered aloud. It had been quite some time since she went outside the mansion. Not knowing what to do, she went into the first tent she saw, which happened to be the first tent. There were little white creatures moving about. Apparently you could buy things here. Sakuya was a bit excited before remembering she didn't carry any money on her.

"Oh well," she shrugged, deciding maybe she could try to talk to people instead. There appeared to be a few people who weren't one of those little things, after all.

@TheBlueBurch @Chris Lang @Wedge Antilles @The Silver Paladin @Krieg @Whoever else is in the fissure

Legolas, intrigued by the possibility of acquiring items, entered the first tent as well. "Perhaps I might come upon better weaponry to cope with these higher powered beings", he said as he walked towards Tent 1.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheBlueBurch @The Silver Paladin @Chris Lang @Krieg

Legolas, intrigued by the possibility of acquiring items, entered the first tent as well. "Perhaps I might come upon better weaponry to cope with these higher powered beings", he said as he walked towards Tent 1.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheBlueBurch @The Silver Paladin @Chris Lang @Krieg
Sakuya was about to walk out of the tent when a tall man with pointed ears came in. Perhaps she could talk with him. A little further behind the man were a few people who appeared to be meeting and discussing something. But of course, it would be rude to simply move past the man before her.

"Hi, I'm Sakuya," she said to Legalos, bowing slightly. "I must ask, do you know where we are? I kind of got here by accident."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheBlueBurch @The Silver Paladin @Chris Lang @Krieg @Lizzy @Wedge Antilles

Sakuya was about to walk out of the tent when a tall man with pointed ears came in. Perhaps she could talk with him. A little further behind the man were a few people who appeared to be meeting and discussing something. But of course, it would be rude to simply move past the man before her.

"Hi, I'm Sakuya," she said to Legalos, bowing slightly. "I must ask, do you know where we are? I kind of got here by accident."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheBlueBurch @The Silver Paladin @Chris Lang @Krieg @Lizzy
Riley shifted his LAb Coat. "We don't know. Ask Aqua." Riley pointed to the girl. "We're just here to gather supplies for this wasteland. Seee what we can find."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Wedge Antilles

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheBlueBurch @The Silver Paladin @Chris Lang @Krieg @Lizzy @Wedge Antilles

Legolas bowed in similar fashion, as he introduced himself. "I am Legolas, of Mirkwood, son of King Thranduil", he said. He thought of how best to answer. "We are on a mission to defeat the demon Akibahara. Or, at least most of us are."

@Kaykay @Lizzy @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chris Lang @Krieg @TheBlueBurch @The Silver Paladin

Riley shifted his LAb Coat. "We don't know. Ask Aqua." Riley pointed to the girl. "We're just here to gather supplies for this wasteland. Seee what we can find."

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Wedge Antilles
Legolas bowed in similar fashion, as he introduced himself. "I am Legolas, of Mirkwood, son of King Thranduil", he said. He thought of how best to answer. "We are on a mission to defeat the demon Akibahara. Or, at least most of us are."

@Kaykay @Lizzy @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Chris Lang @Krieg @TheBlueBurch @The Silver Paladin
"I see," she said to both of the men. "Well, are you guys looking for anything in particular? I don't have any money so I can't really buy anything, but I can help look," she offered.

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty @TheBlueBurch @Chris Lang @Krieg @Lizzy

Status
Not open for further replies.