Status
Not open for further replies.
"Well, I honestly don't believe I have anything else to add on this Lana matter," Cagliostro shrugs. Looking at Clark and Shirou's interaction, she chuckles. "Ha. Typical. So anyways, if there's anything else you need to ask, make it snappy."

Cagliostro seemed a little shaky based on her movements.​

@Atomyk @Verite @Josh M @Kaykay

"So you do remember me. I do make it an effort to make myself... difficult to forget after all. Marking myself in history is an extension of a few of my talents," Cagliostro boasts towards Hakuei.

Cagliostro nods as Hakuei connected with Alucard.

"I knew that was going to happen," Cagliostro says silently, so as to not interrupt the two, then turns to Warpath. "I too have curiousity about the Multiverse. However, I believe that I should find my own methods to trot the worlds. If you ever need my wisdom, I'll be in the Phantagrande Skydom. I get around, so I can't be more specific than that. If the Cagliostro you encounter isn't me... well... I don't think that'll happen, but if I was in your shoes, I'd prove my worth."

Cagliostro's last sentence was followed with a wink.

Cagliostro clutches her chest once again, followed by a cough or two.

"Something tells me I'll need to be in the Interview Room for a while. I hope the process is quick, because I have a little... something to tell you all."​

@Sen @Hana @Gands @Takumi
LtJGRRL.png

"Cagliostro. We meet again."
The dhampir managed to crack a small smile at the alchemist. "Though we may not have known each other for long, you must know that it was an honor for me to fight beside you." He did not have many allies, though sometimes he found himself in the company of the Belmonts - most ironic considering his bloodline - and much to the chagrin of those who served under his father. The alchemist was a very energetic one, but was surprisingly wise. There was much to learn from them, Alucard guessed, considering they were from different worlds, he wondered if he could glean some interesting information from her. "If we do find a way to return to our own homes, I wish you well in your endeavors."
dQzrO9B.png

However, a woman that was making her way towards the two surprised the dhampir, watching as the one from his recent memories - Hakuei - slowly walked up towards him and without warning, seemingly threw herself onto the dhampir and grabbed a hold of his collar. Surprised, Alucard was about to speak to ask her what was wrong when she suddenly pulled him down for a kiss.
Z8llmIT.png

It was quick and fleeting, but it left the dhampir speechless when she pulled away.
The first thing he noticed was that her lips were very soft, and that she had left behind a strange patch of warmth on his mouth that spread to his cheeks and then to his face, then washed over his entire cold body. He blinked his golden liquid eyes at her, blinking at the woman with shock and surprise that was more visible on his face than ever.
There was something beating in his chest, a feeling that he had only ever seen being described in eloquent words in books.

eebSKif.png

The corners of the dhampir's lips twitched upwards as gloved hands moved to touch where she had gently pecked him, his other taking her own.​

"Good to see you again, my lady."

@Hana @Crow
tumblr_inline_nvrmxhuWvA1s4qpfd_100.jpg

The princess's lips still felt almost unbearably warm as she met his gaze, catching the look of surprise he had. Part of her felt almost nervous about his reaction, a tremulous feeling that started from the tips of her toes and tingled at her scalp, but it was overshadowed by the other feelings running through her in those moments. Hakuei wondered if this was what the giddy young ladies in court giggled about when it came to the fanciful tales they spun about men. Yet she knew that it was rooted in more than just attraction.

It wasn't quite love, but she knew she cared greatly for this man in front of her. And maybe it could be something more...

Her eyes lit up at the sight of his smile, the acceptance in his gaze finally letting any feeling of doubt and confusion disappear. Hakuei returned a blissful smile to Alucard, gripping his hand firmly back.

"Thank you."

It's good to see you too.

There was little else that needed to be said, for now. Many questions about how they would choose to continue from now lurked at the back of Hakuei's mind, but she grasped onto him with a deep breath let out, moving to stand beside the dhampir. Just enough that their arms brushed each other's, their hands linked together. It felt right, and she felt strong having him beside her.

tumblr_inline_nvrmr3gcO81s4qpfd_100.jpg

Turning her attention to Cagliostro, the princess caught the tail end of the alchemist's words and nodded, the smile never quite leaving her lips. However, she caught the small coughs the alchemist let out, and the way she clutched at her chest. Sharing a concerned look with Alucard and Warpath, Hakuei asked about Cagliostro's condition...

Did she look shaky, or was it just a misunderstanding? They were all a bit faint after waking up from those things.

"Cagliostro, are you alright?"

@Sen @Crow @Gands @Azuremoon

Reactions: Mason Moretti
LtJGRRL.png

"Cagliostro. We meet again."
The dhampir managed to crack a small smile at the alchemist. "Though we may not have known each other for long, you must know that it was an honor for me to fight beside you." He did not have many allies, though sometimes he found himself in the company of the Belmonts - most ironic considering his bloodline - and much to the chagrin of those who served under his father. The alchemist was a very energetic one, but was surprisingly wise. There was much to learn from them, Alucard guessed, considering they were from different worlds, he wondered if he could glean some interesting information from her. "If we do find a way to return to our own homes, I wish you well in your endeavors."
dQzrO9B.png

However, a woman that was making her way towards the two surprised the dhampir, watching as the one from his recent memories - Hakuei - slowly walked up towards him and without warning, seemingly threw herself onto the dhampir and grabbed a hold of his collar. Surprised, Alucard was about to speak to ask her what was wrong when she suddenly pulled him down for a kiss.
Z8llmIT.png

It was quick and fleeting, but it left the dhampir speechless when she pulled away.
The first thing he noticed was that her lips were very soft, and that she had left behind a strange patch of warmth on his mouth that spread to his cheeks and then to his face, then washed over his entire cold body. He blinked his golden liquid eyes at her, blinking at the woman with shock and surprise that was more visible on his face than ever.
There was something beating in his chest, a feeling that he had only ever seen being described in eloquent words in books.

eebSKif.png

The corners of the dhampir's lips twitched upwards as gloved hands moved to touch where she had gently pecked him, his other taking her own.​

"Good to see you again, my lady."

@Hana @Crow
tumblr_inline_nvrmxhuWvA1s4qpfd_100.jpg

The princess's lips still felt almost unbearably warm as she met his gaze, catching the look of surprise he had. Part of her felt almost nervous about his reaction, a tremulous feeling that started from the tips of her toes and tingled at her scalp, but it was overshadowed by the other feelings running through her in those moments. Hakuei wondered if this was what the giddy young ladies in court giggled about when it came to the fanciful tales they spun about men. Yet she knew that it was rooted in more than just attraction.

It wasn't quite love, but she knew she cared greatly for this man in front of her. And maybe it could be something more...

Her eyes lit up at the sight of his smile, the acceptance in his gaze finally letting any feeling of doubt and confusion disappear. Hakuei returned a blissful smile to Alucard, gripping his hand firmly back.

"Thank you."

It's good to see you too.

There was little else that needed to be said, for now. Many questions about how they would choose to continue from now lurked at the back of Hakuei's mind, but she grasped onto him with a deep breath let out, moving to stand beside the dhampir. Just enough that their arms brushed each other's, their hands linked together. It felt right, and she felt strong having him beside her.

tumblr_inline_nvrmr3gcO81s4qpfd_100.jpg

Turning her attention to Cagliostro, the princess caught the tail end of the alchemist's words and nodded, the smile never quite leaving her lips. However, she caught the small coughs the alchemist let out, and the way she clutched at her chest. Sharing a concerned look with Alucard and Warpath, Hakuei asked about Cagliostro's condition...

Did she look shaky, or was it just a misunderstanding? They were all a bit faint after waking up from those things.

"Cagliostro, are you alright?"

@Sen @Crow @Gands @Azuremoon

"It is good to see you as well, Alucard," Cagliostro replied with a cough.

F8IQZXA.png

"Ah, Hakuei, I see you've noticed. I think I told a good deal of you that I was sealed for many centuries in some no-name tomb for being a threat. In addition to the sealing spell, it seems that there are a few additional backup spells used on me. One of these spells... is a degeneration spell that'll kill me.

Now, do not panic. I've died many times before. My true soul is one with the Astrals. I can easily create another spare body when my old one withers away. However, here is the catch - another spell placed upon me when I was sealed, a resealing spell, will force me to recreate my body within the tomb I was sealed in should I die. In general, this resealing spell would be destroyed with the seal, however, I escaped my eternal prison via a dimensional wormhole, so the seal and in turn, the resealing spell, were never destroyed. If I escape my prison through a dimensional wormhole again, this'll happen once more, the feeling of pain and the apoptosis of my body before I get resealed."

Cagliostro coughs blood.

"It truly is... a formidable spell. I never did expect a spell of such nature... to function across the countless stars in the sky. Do not mourn my death, for it is part and parcel of my immortal life to perish and be reborn.

To simplify my words - I'm going to have a forced early leave into the Astral Plane, before I am swiftly reborn in my world as a prisoner once more. I wish I could spend just a bit more time with you all, but unfortunately, I am not able to."

A few more coughs were heard.

"If you all have any final things to say to me, it is best to say them now... maybe I'll find a way to traverse the cosmic plane once I am awake, but I don't know how long it'll be before I am free from my second eternal slumber again... or how eternal this slumber will be... it could be as long as another mellenium, or as short as a few months..."

Cagliostro said all this will a grin.​

@Sen @Hana @Crow @Gands @Azuremoon @Takumi

b018f42c4ae14d10bd02e39f989e75ee.png

"I do remember a number of little girls running around," Riesbyfe sighed somewhat exasperatedly as Cagliostro made herself known to her and the others. Still, the light-heartedness was not to last, as Clark would appear to respond to her earlier inquiry, to which the maiden would give a serious look.

A look of pity, but like with the name "Lana," she wasn't sure why she felt a swell of pity.

Perhaps she did remember it all, but it was simply locked away, waiting to be opened up once again into her conscious mind. But if this was the best that could be accessed at this current time...

Ries11.png

"I see..." Riesbyfe only murmured softly when Clark spoke, taking a moment to recall such events and how she must have felt back then, before continuing, "I know not what it is like to lose a lover like that, as I remember my life before all this more vividly than this... Murder Game business now, as they call it, but... My condolences. I regret not being able to recall going through these... affecting experiences, but this is the best that I am able to give. I'm sorry."

@Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Clark stood silent for a few second. A pin drop could be heard. Clark felt sad, however what he did? Walking towards the knight, Clark put his hand lightly, but firmly on the knight's shoulder, looking her dead in the eye.

"No need. I understand. It must be hard not being able to remember everything."

A reassuring smile appeared on the man of steel's face. However, that soon vanished when the subject of Lana was brought up again.

Alvin crossed his arms and sighed. "Keep in mind it can be a bit of a process. You've become involved in a multiversal affair and for that reason, we'll need to go over who you are and where you're from. You shouldn't be too inconvenienced."

As for this murder matter...

jnczvFD.png

"Look, you guys," he said in Clark's and the others' direction. "We were already informed of Lex Luthor's actions. We're also aware of these murders, but you people would hardly be the first to--"

MRqBmkw.png

"Oh, wait, I guess you guys were the first, huh? Here's the thing, if you want to make a statement on this Lana girl, then we'll need to detain you for a time. In fact, I may not even give you a choice in the matter. If everything's squared up, then you'd be free to go home."

@Josh M @Kaykay @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Gands

The gentle chiming of bells. Likely unnoticeable to the majority of the group, but it was something that simultaneously calmed and focused Setsuna, making her fists clench as she made another attempt to get to her feet. Attempt, of course, being the key word. But failure did not mean her actions lacked effort, for the process was strenuous and-- Wait. That voice... Could it really be....​

"Shirou...?"

There was a new tone to her voice, one she had not shown before. A brokeness, mixed with disbelief of a sad, but pleasant sort. Her gaze had instantly shot upwards to regard the male with wide eyes that were quick to fill with tears. For a moment, her lip trembled, mouth opening and closing as she struggled to form words. But in a burst, they came out, a decent portion of her little remaining strength used to weakly throw her arms around the male in an embrace as words poured from her lips, streaming freely like the memories that had begun to flow back into her mind quite clearly.

rsz_setsu_by_teh_zombish-dauzf0b.jpg

"I'm sorry, Shirou...!" she cried, for once not prioritizing answering his question first. "I'm so sorry...! I failed you... I-I..." Breathing heavily between her words, Setsuna cringed, quivering slightly. "...I'm sorry...."

Please forgive me, Shirou-- ..Huh?

Blinking through tears with surprise, Setsuna was admittedly not expecting to have been lifted up by Shirou. In fact, she fully expected him to scold her, perhaps simply turn his back without a word and leave her. It was what Kyoushirou would have done, anyways. Yet, here he was, lifting her worn form off the floor with no sign of disappointment in her. She could only stare at him through her tears, unsure what to say and in complete, obvious awe. "Shirou..."

"...?"

Slowly snapping out of her awed seeming trance, the exasperated and broken angel weakly managed a glance at Clark as he threw his accusations... That were, well, not exactly wrong. Shirou had killed Lana, but Clark wasn't saying everything. And, well, perhaps the man of steel didn't know everything, period. There was one piece only Setsuna had heard, after all. Which was why she took it upon herself to voice her thoughts, even weakly attempting to wriggle free of Shirou's arms to stand on her own before him. She was supposed to protect him. Not the other way around. But she wasn't exactly in the condition to do so. "N... No," she defended, despite being helpless in the redheads arms.

Despite her voice being somewhat hoarse and broken, likely due to her crying, she continued. "Shirou did what he believed was right. He was trying to save the others... all of you," she murmured. Briefly, she winced, but pushed through to get her words across. "...If you wish to punish someone, take me instead. S-Shirou asked me to disarm 'Lex' so Lana's death would not be necessary to save the group, but I... I-I failed...."

I won't let you hurt him.

@Kaykay @Josh M @Verite @Whoevs​
"I'll do anything you need me to do. I was there, I'm willing to everything."

Once again, Clark stood firm. Looking at Lucio for support, Clark to Shirou and the young woman he was holding. Clark wasn't wrong in his eyes. Shirou made a devil with the devil, and the devil didn't keep his end. He need to face the ramification of his actions. Listening to the maiden, Clark wasn't backing down.

"Lex didn't keep his end, even if he did Murder is never right. He made a choice, it wasn't you. Someone can't get away with murdering an innocent. It doesn't matter if he thought it was right, it isn't. You may not even believe this, but this not just about Lana. It's about what's right. Someone can't just play god."

@Kaykay @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Gands @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT

James Proudstar. Warpath

James moved over from where he was standing near Lucifer.

"Pardon me Lucifer, I will be back in a moment."

He walked over to Cagliostro and wrapped his arms around her in a warm hug.

" I very much look forward to next time oh most cute and genius alchemist. "

@Crow @LuckycoolHawk9

"It is good to see you as well, Alucard," Cagliostro replied with a cough.

F8IQZXA.png

"Ah, Hakuei, I see you've noticed. I think I told a good deal of you that I was sealed for many centuries in some no-name tomb for being a threat. In addition to the sealing spell, it seems that there are a few additional backup spells used on me. One of these spells... is a degeneration spell that'll kill me.

Now, do not panic. I've died many times before. My true soul is one with the Astrals. I can easily create another spare body when my old one withers away. However, here is the catch - another spell placed upon me when I was sealed, a resealing spell, will force me to recreate my body within the tomb I was sealed in should I die. In general, this resealing spell would be destroyed with the seal, however, I escaped my eternal prison via a dimensional wormhole, so the seal and in turn, the resealing spell, were never destroyed. If I escape my prison through a dimensional wormhole again, this'll happen once more, the feeling of pain and the apoptosis of my body before I get resealed."

Cagliostro coughs blood.

"It truly is... a formidable spell. I never did expect a spell of such nature... to function across the countless stars in the sky. Do not mourn my death, for it is part and parcel of my immortal life to perish and be reborn.

To simplify my words - I'm going to have a forced early leave into the Astral Plane, before I am swiftly reborn in my world as a prisoner once more. I wish I could spend just a bit more time with you all, but unfortunately, I am not able to."

A few more coughs were heard.

"If you all have any final things to say to me, it is best to say them now... maybe I'll find a way to traverse the cosmic plane once I am awake, but I don't know how long it'll be before I am free from my second eternal slumber again... or how eternal this slumber will be... it could be as long as another mellenium, or as short as a few months..."

Cagliostro said all this will a grin.​

@Sen @Hana @Crow @Gands @Azuremoon @Takumi

"Cagliostro, you're a strange one." Azura muttered, placing a hand on the Alchemists head before giving a tired smile. She didn't have much else to say on the matter, afterwards, she turned her attention to Hakuei.

"Hakuei, I am glad to have met you." she spoke, not sure if she could say more on the matter. She could if she thought of anything else to say, but those words, she hoped, were enough.

@Hana @Sen @Crow

Reactions: Hana

The gentle chiming of bells. Likely unnoticeable to the majority of the group, but it was something that simultaneously calmed and focused Setsuna, making her fists clench as she made another attempt to get to her feet. Attempt, of course, being the key word. But failure did not mean her actions lacked effort, for the process was strenuous and-- Wait. That voice... Could it really be....​

"Shirou...?"

There was a new tone to her voice, one she had not shown before. A brokeness, mixed with disbelief of a sad, but pleasant sort. Her gaze had instantly shot upwards to regard the male with wide eyes that were quick to fill with tears. For a moment, her lip trembled, mouth opening and closing as she struggled to form words. But in a burst, they came out, a decent portion of her little remaining strength used to weakly throw her arms around the male in an embrace as words poured from her lips, streaming freely like the memories that had begun to flow back into her mind quite clearly.

rsz_setsu_by_teh_zombish-dauzf0b.jpg

"I'm sorry, Shirou...!" she cried, for once not prioritizing answering his question first. "I'm so sorry...! I failed you... I-I..." Breathing heavily between her words, Setsuna cringed, quivering slightly. "...I'm sorry...."

Please forgive me, Shirou-- ..Huh?

Blinking through tears with surprise, Setsuna was admittedly not expecting to have been lifted up by Shirou. In fact, she fully expected him to scold her, perhaps simply turn his back without a word and leave her. It was what Kyoushirou would have done, anyways. Yet, here he was, lifting her worn form off the floor with no sign of disappointment in her. She could only stare at him through her tears, unsure what to say and in complete, obvious awe. "Shirou..."

"...?"

Slowly snapping out of her awed seeming trance, the exasperated and broken angel weakly managed a glance at Clark as he threw his accusations... That were, well, not exactly wrong. Shirou had killed Lana, but Clark wasn't saying everything. And, well, perhaps the man of steel didn't know everything, period. There was one piece only Setsuna had heard, after all. Which was why she took it upon herself to voice her thoughts, even weakly attempting to wriggle free of Shirou's arms to stand on her own before him. She was supposed to protect him. Not the other way around. But she wasn't exactly in the condition to do so. "N... No," she defended, despite being helpless in the redheads arms.

Despite her voice being somewhat hoarse and broken, likely due to her crying, she continued. "Shirou did what he believed was right. He was trying to save the others... all of you," she murmured. Briefly, she winced, but pushed through to get her words across. "...If you wish to punish someone, take me instead. S-Shirou asked me to disarm 'Lex' so Lana's death would not be necessary to save the group, but I... I-I failed...."

I won't let you hurt him.

@Kaykay @Josh M @Verite @Whoevs​
"Are you trying to take credit for my plan? It was my idea to getcha to grab'em, wasn't it?" Not accepting her defense, he still didn't put her down. He wasn't sure exactly what these people would do about him killing Lana if anything, but from the moment he'd pulled the trigger he was ready to go through with whatever else came about from it. "Just relax and watch the show."

He wore a relaxed expression as he turned to Clark.
Alvin crossed his arms and sighed. "Keep in mind it can be a bit of a process. You've become involved in a multiversal affair and for that reason, we'll need to go over who you are and where you're from. You shouldn't be too inconvenienced."

As for this murder matter...

jnczvFD.png

"Look, you guys," he said in Clark's and the others' direction. "We were already informed of Lex Luthor's actions. We're also aware of these murders, but you people would hardly be the first to--"

MRqBmkw.png

"Oh, wait, I guess you guys were the first, huh? Here's the thing, if you want to make a statement on this Lana girl, then we'll need to detain you for a time. In fact, I may not even give you a choice in the matter. If everything's squared up, then you'd be free to go home."

@Josh M @Kaykay @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Gands
Clark stood silent for a few second. A pin drop could be heard. Clark felt sad, however what he did? Walking towards the knight, Clark put his hand lightly, but firmly on the knight's shoulder, looking her dead in the eye.

A reassuring smile appeared on the man of steel's face. However, that soon vanished when the subject of Lana was brought up again.

Once again, Clark stood firm. Looking at Lucio for support, Clark to Shirou and the young woman he was holding. Clark wasn't wrong in his eyes. Shirou made a devil with the devil, and the devil didn't keep his end. He need to face the ramification of his actions. Listening to the maiden, Clark wasn't backing down.

"Lex didn't keep his end, even if he did Murder is never right. He made a choice, it wasn't you. Someone can't get away with murdering an innocent. It doesn't matter if he thought it was right, it isn't. You may not even believe this, but this not just about Lana. It's about what's right. Someone can't just play god."

@Kaykay @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Gands @Verite @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Shirou stayed silent for a moment, listening to them talk. Clark had struck him as "good" enough that he probably would actually indict him for killing, whether it was Lana or a total stranger. The man believed every one of his words wholeheartedly. So finally, Shirou just nodded.

"Alright, gotcha. Hear you loud and clear. Like I said, I'm guilty, right? But well, I'm not really up for detainment. What's it gonna be then, hm?"

@Josh M @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk

"Are you trying to take credit for my plan? It was my idea to getcha to grab'em, wasn't it?" Not accepting her defense, he still didn't put her down. He wasn't sure exactly what these people would do about him killing Lana if anything, but from the moment he'd pulled the trigger he was ready to go through with whatever else came about from it. "Just relax and watch the show."

Shirou stayed silent for a moment, listening to them talk. Clark had struck him as "good" enough that he probably would actually indict him for killing, whether it was Lana or a total stranger. The man believed every one of his words wholeheartedly. So finally, Shirou just nodded.

"Alright, gotcha. Hear you loud and clear. Like I said, I'm guilty, right? But well, I'm not really up for detainment. What's it gonna be then, hm?"

rsz_suna__1__by_teh_zombish-db2i2v3.jpg

At first, Setsuna didn't know what to do, visibly hesitating at Shirou's words. "Well, y-yes, but...--" ...Was he mad at her? She had to wonder as she briefly stared up at him with still teary eyes. She just didn't understand. Why did he not seem to care that Clark wanted him to be punished? He didn't deserve that, and even if he did, she would not let it happen. Or, well, she wouldn't if she were physically able to do something about it. Shirou had thought killing that woman would save numerous people. He saw that as the most appropriate exchange- taking one life to save many. At least, that was what Setsuna deduced. So when she was told to relax and watch, she could only give a concerned look, especially with Clark still insisting upon punishing him. "Shirou.."

"...As you wish," she murmured weakly, with faint reluctance as she sniffled.

She just hoped nobody would try to hurt him while she still needed a recharge on Eternal Mana.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Atomyk

"What you want us to do? Just let you go with a slap on the wrist? Lana deserves justice. For everything she was to me. I owe her that."

Clark slowly walked closer to Shirou. Clark surprising fought back tears as confronted the man. All the angry and sadness just seemed to come out

"I don't get it, Shirou. You knew who she was to me. You knew that and you just tore her away from me. You took a part of me, Shirou. You understand that, right? You took a part of me and left a hole. She was the love of my life, and you murdered her. How can you just do that to someone?"

@Josh M @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Last edited:
Lucifer wasn't sure what new purpose James could have, but he wasn't about to question it. He looked around the room still for Penny. " I guess I should apologize what I have done and I am sorry. Hopefully, I can find a way to atone. Before you leave, have you seen Penny? I want to apologize to him," he said to James.

@Gands @Darkseide

Lucifer wasn't sure what new purpose James could have, but he wasn't about to question it. He looked around the room still for Penny. " I guess I should apologize what I have done and I am sorry. Hopefully, I can find a way to atone. Before you leave, have you seen Penny? I want to apologize to him," he said to James.

Like a badass out of nowhere, Penny would appear.

Racist.gif

"The Amount you suck is too great for words. But I'm giving you another chance."
He'd take a pull of the flask, then toss it to Lucy.​

Ries11.png

"Clark and Lucio... I see," Riesbyfe mumbled to herself, as though taking in the names for the very first time. She briefly closed her eyes, as if to think on the names, before looking at the two men before her.

"Yes, I think I vaguely remember... S.H.I.E.L.D., and a man with an eyepatch who was involved in some manner. Road, Senna, Blake... These names are no more familiar to me than yours, I'm afraid," Riesbyfe said somberly, looking over at the other individuals just coming out of their pods, "I assume those three are... somewhere over there?"

Curious. The Holy Knight could only imagine what this must be for them, she felt so guilty. For her, it had been many months of trying to piece together everything, and only now did the answer stumble upon her doorstep. Meanwhile, these people... Suspended in animation for who knows how long, only beginning to come to again now. The fight with this Diablo, the moments that had transpired with them... It must have felt like hardly even a day for them.

And yet, it felt like an eternity ago for Riesbyfe.

Once the two inquired of a woman named Lana, the silver-haired maiden furrowed her brow intensely, as a strange pain suddenly assaulted her head for a brief moment, though it subsided quickly enough. She was hit with a stroke of... sadness as the name was heard, as though it was associated with a tragedy.

"Lana... Lana Lang... Was it?" She inquired, attempting to remember more, "That name... I do faintly recall that name. Perhaps in time, it shall come back to me now that you all have been recovered. But at this current moment, I only say, for some reason, that name evokes a sense of... pity from me," she said, staring into space for a brief moment in silence, before facing Clark all of a sudden.

"... She was important to you, wasn't she?"

@Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"Yeah. You could say. She was everything to me. She was murdered. You were there for me. You reminded me how strong I was. I'll owe you that, Riesbyfe."

All the emotion about Lana flowed out of Clark.Fighting tears, Clark took a step back. Lana needed justice.

Lex didn't flinch as the stone surrender him, mostly due to the man trying to gain his breath.

"If you think I'm going to say anything with out a lawyer, you're mistaken."

Clark would turn to Kenji. Smirking, Clark couldn't help but laugh. It seems he wasn't the only farm boy who super strong. Putting his hand on the young boy's shoulder, Clark would look down at Lex.

"Yes. Lex was Wesker's partner, from what I gathered. He also staged the murder of Lana Lang during their partnership."

Clark paused as he felt conflicted. Clark had forgiven the man, but Clark knew Lana need justice. Sighing, Clark pointed to Shirou.

"He murdered Lana of his own free will. He's just as guilty as Lex."

@Sen @Crow @Azuremoon @Takumi @Verite @Sen @thatguyinthestore @The Myrmidon @Midnight Maiden @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Atomyk @C.T. @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Jeremi @york @Minerva @Gummi Bunnies @Kaykay @Gands

"What you want us to do? Just let you go with a slap on the wrist? Lana deserves justice. For everything she was to me. I owe her that."

Clark slowly walked closer to Shirou. Clark surprising fought back tears as confronted the man. All the angry and sadness just seemed to come out

"I don't get it, Shirou. You knew who she was to me. You knew that and you just tore her away from me. You took a part of me, Shirou. You understand that, right? You took a part and left a hole. She was the love of my life, and you murdered her. How can you just do that to someone? "

@Josh M @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Lucio's expression didn't lighten at all as Riesbyfe tried to grasp at non-existent memories. Lucio was always good at 'reading' people, getting a vague idea of what they really mean when they speak. The DJ could see it clearly, plastered all over her clueless, apologetic face.

There was nothing left. A hollow shell of what was once a great woman.

Lucio looked down for a moment, glancing at Clark and sharing his thoughts. Safe to say that they both felt the same, but Lucio was quicker to spin negativity on it's head. Regaining some composure, the DJ exhaled and smiled warmly. "Ain't no problem, Ries. I know that it'll come back around, eventually. But whether you remember me or not, you're still on my team; you're still my friend, I mean."

"If you're gonna remember anything...jus' remember that, ok?"

Before Lucio could continue, he turned to his side to find Clark wasn't next to him. Turning around, his eyes widened as Clark approached Shirou. "Oh, shi-- no, no, no!" he said with a sharp whisper, looking back to Riesbyfe for a moment but then quickly moving over to the conflict. Lucio was one of the few who knew what Clark was really capable of. It's one thing when a regular man is consumed with hate, but when someone like Clark looks like he's about to lose all control...

"Wait, wait, wait, HOLD UP!" Lucio exclaimed as he moved in between Clark and Shirou. This (comparatively) small, frail DJ was the only physical thing that would block Clark from smashing Shirou in the gut, probably obliterating him with one punch.

"Clark, listen. To me, you've always been a man of justice, right? You an' me, we've always seen eye-to-eye when it comes to whats right and whats wrong. The opposite of Umbrella, everythin' that they stood for, we opposed. You, me, Riesbyfe; the three of us knew that their wouldn't be anyone dyin' when we're watchin' over them, right?"

"Remember that time when...when I jus' lost it? When I went off on Road? You saw it, everyone saw it; I was jus' about ready to kill another person right then and there, because everyone that died...it was a wound. A wound on me, and I...I don't know how long it's been since we got put in these tubes, but..."

"I'll always regret the things I said in that moment"

because I knew that those words weren't comin' from my head. They were comin' from a...blind heart, you know? You were probably the only one who saw that, and you told me that I shouldn't throw away everythin' I stood for, jus' because I got hurt. That's what you said, and...look at where your standing now, Clark!"

"You gonna kill this man, because you're hurt? Throw away everythin' you stood for, for who knows how long, jus' to get revenge in this one moment? Lana was everything to you, I could tell, and god knows, I ain't ever telling any lies. But...a life is a life, Clark. People carry the things they did on their backs, you think Shirou honestly felt good about killin' an innocent woman?"

"But I know what you're thinking. An eye for an eye, huh?"

"That jus' leaves everyone blind, Clark. You, of all people, should know that."

@Josh M @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @Kaykay @Verite

Where the hell had Penny come from? He was certainly surprised.

tumblr_o39vru1p8r1udx640o2_500.gif

" To be fair, that wasn't all my fault, but I am happy that you are giving me another chance," he said to him.
He hadn't been paying attention, but he caught it somehow. It looked Lucifer's reflexes were back. God, those would have been useful earlier.

@Darkseide @Gands

Where the hell had Penny come from? He was certainly surprised.
tumblr_o39vru1p8r1udx640o2_500.gif

" To be fair, that wasn't all my fault, but I am happy that you are giving me another chance," he said to him.
He hadn't been paying attention, but he caught it somehow. It looked Lucifer's reflexes were back. God, those would have been useful earlier.
Penny scoffed. And paced. He wasn't sure why he was giving this man another chance.

"Speak your piece. I guess. I'm not usually forgiving of people who have betrayed me... But... I kind of felt like you didn't want to do it."​

Lucifer looked over at him and then back at the ground. He took a sip of the flask before he spoke.

" I am sorry for betraying you. I didn't want to kill anyone- I mean- I enjoy punishing the guilty, but I never want to hurt the innocent. I never meant to hurt you or anyone else in our group... it's just I couldn't stop myself. To some degree, it was my own powers being against me and I really really wish things could have been different. You don't have to forgive me if you don't want too."

@Gands @Darkseide

Lucifer looked over at him and then back at the ground. He took a sip of the flask before he spoke.
" I am sorry for betraying you. I didn't want to kill anyone- I mean- I enjoy punishing the guilty, but I never want to hurt the innocent. I never meant to hurt you or anyone else in our group... it's just I couldn't stop myself. To some degree, it was my own powers being against me and I really really wish things could have been different. You don't have to forgive me if you don't want too."

Penny would roll his eyes, as if highly annoyed.

"I tossed you a flask. Clearly I forgave you. Despite how angry I am at you, you were still a decent person to me."
Pulling out another flask, he'd open it up.
"Shall we have a toast?"​

Lucifer didn't notice that Penny had rolled his eyes.
He was silent and felt slightly foolish for not realizing that, but he certainly wasn't about to admit that aloud to Penny.

Lucifer had no idea where he had pulled the other flask from.

"I suppose we can do that. What shall we toast too?"

@Darkseide @Gands

Lucifer didn't notice that Penny had rolled his eyes.
He was silent and felt slightly foolish for not realizing that, but he certainly wasn't about to admit that aloud to Penny.
Lucifer had no idea where he had pulled the other flask from.
"I suppose we can do that. What shall we toast too?"

Penny scoffed.
"A toast to friendship, clearly. Even though you were a Traitor and could have killed me at any time, you were still a nice guy."
Without warning, Penny would move over and grab Lucy's wrist. The next thing Lucy knew, they were in New York City.​

Lucifer scoffed back.

" I guess that is clearly a way to put it. I guess I am a pretty nice guy for not trying to murder you at any point in our friendship,"

Thankfully, most of Lucifer's powers had reactivated and before they could settle too much in New York, he teleported them back to the rest of the group. Thank god for all of his powers mostly sort of working. He was certainly fatigued after doing that.

@Darkseide @Gands

Lucifer scoffed back.
" I guess that is clearly a way to put it. I guess I am a pretty nice guy for not trying to murder you at any point in our friendship,"

Thankfully, most of Lucifer's powers had reactivated and before they could settle too much in New York, he teleported them back to the rest of the group. Thank god for all of his powers mostly sort of working. He was certainly fatigued after doing that.

Penny would roll his eyes and shake his head.

"Seriously? That exhausted you? Either you're not used to traveling, or you're a loser. Also, if you've had all these powers the entire time, why the [censored for 5 minutes] didn't you use any of them?"
Penny then slowly nodded.
"Oh I get it, they nerfed you, just like they did to me"​

Lucifer took a deep breath as he looked over at him.
" I don't usually travel across possible dimensions. I am usually teleporting across places in my world and it certainly is a whole lot easier. I guess you could say that my powers were broke."
Penny then slowly nodded.

Lucifer noticed him nod for a bit.​
" Well, I was certainly weaker while with Umbrella. Perhaps they had some sort of power blockers."

@Darkseide

Status
Not open for further replies.