Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucifer took a deep breath as he looked over at him.
" I don't usually travel across possible dimensions. I am usually teleporting across places in my world and it certainly is a whole lot easier. I guess you could say that my powers were broke."
Penny then slowly nodded.
Lucifer noticed him nod for a bit.​
" Well, I was certainly weaker while with Umbrella. Perhaps they had some sort of power blockers."

Penny would laugh.

"Umbrella is a really stupid name for an evil organization, but I guess most people wouldn't think it was an Evil Group and just donate money. You want to go to a bar or what?"​

Lucifer chuckled back a little.
" I imagine that they weren't exactly planning on being caught at being evil and I guess nobody questioned what they really did here? I imagine there is a bar we can go to. I mean... actually, I have a question for you. Do you have a reason to go back to your world right away? I kind of have a night club back at my world that I own. Lux. I got some drugs there, some beer and a few dozen hookers. Interested?"

@Darkseide

Lucifer chuckled back a little.
" I imagine that they weren't exactly planning on being caught at being evil and I guess nobody questioned what they really did here? I imagine there is a bar we can go to. I mean... actually, I have a question for you. Do you have a reason to go back to your world right away? I kind of have a night club back at my world that I own. Lux. I got some drugs there, some beer and a few dozen hookers. Interested?"

Penny would laugh.
"I can do without the hookers, but otherwise, that sounds like a good time."​

Lucifer smiled when he laughed.​

" Well, then, as soon as Linda says her goodbyes to Ada ( however long that might take), I say we get going back to my world," he said, with a smirk on his face. Perhaps before he went back he could pull Linda to the side and have some sex. He was really in need of some and he didn't think Penny was interested and he wasn't going to ask.

@Darkseide

Lucifer smiled when he laughed.​

" Well, then, as soon as Linda says her goodbyes to Ada ( however long that might take), I say we get going back to my world," he said, with a smirk on his face. Perhaps before he went back he could pull Linda to the side and have some sex. He was really in need of some and he didn't think Penny was interested and he wasn't going to ask.

Penny shrugged.

"Fine with me. We have our flasks, don't we?"
With that being said, Penny would take a long pull from the flask​

rsz_suna__1__by_teh_zombish-db2i2v3.jpg

At first, Setsuna didn't know what to do, visibly hesitating at Shirou's words. "Well, y-yes, but...--" ...Was he mad at her? She had to wonder as she briefly stared up at him with still teary eyes. She just didn't understand. Why did he not seem to care that Clark wanted him to be punished? He didn't deserve that, and even if he did, she would not let it happen. Or, well, she wouldn't if she were physically able to do something about it. Shirou had thought killing that woman would save numerous people. He saw that as the most appropriate exchange- taking one life to save many. At least, that was what Setsuna deduced. So when she was told to relax and watch, she could only give a concerned look, especially with Clark still insisting upon punishing him. "Shirou.."

"...As you wish," she murmured weakly, with faint reluctance as she sniffled.

She just hoped nobody would try to hurt him while she still needed a recharge on Eternal Mana.

@Josh M @Kaykay @Atomyk
While she almost seemed to sulk, he couldn't help but feel a little bad. He didn't let it show, keeping up a lax demeanor, but it wasn't like he couldn't understand she wanted to defend him. If she defended him too much though, she'd probably get in trouble of some sort. Accomplice, or something similar. He hated using her obedience like a convenience, but he had to admit it kind of came in handy in times like these.​
"What you want us to do? Just let you go with a slap on the wrist? Lana deserves justice. For everything she was to me. I owe her that."

Clark slowly walked closer to Shirou. Clark surprising fought back tears as confronted the man. All the angry and sadness just seemed to come out

"I don't get it, Shirou. You knew who she was to me. You knew that and you just tore her away from me. You took a part of me, Shirou. You understand that, right? You took a part of me and left a hole. She was the love of my life, and you murdered her. How can you just do that to someone?"

@Josh M @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT
"Well hey, I'd be a-okay with that. Though, that ain't gonna be all it's gonna be, is it?" He chuckled lightly, putting Setsuna down provided she could stand. He let her lean against him in case she couldn't and took the cigarette out of his mouth before completely enveloping and crushing it in his hand.

"What I did, that you're all torn up 'bout it, I can understand that much."

His expression was completely serious, lacking his usual casual demeanor. He didn't look angry, sad, or any other strong emotion one could point out. If anything, he looked kind of...normal. In a way, that was stronger than any other mask he could have worn.

"I shot the love of your life, the second part of your soul. Even though she'd done nothing wrong herself. Why you ask? How do I just get up and pull the trigger?" He showed his fist to Clark before unraveling his fist that held what was once his smoke, ashes scattering while slight burn marks could be seen on his palm.

"Cause I've got my own order of priorities. To you, the important things are the lives of innocents, your family and friends, and not taking a life, yeah? Somethin' along those lines. If that ain't it, just think about whatever ya think's important to you. Doesn't really matter. The concept is simple. Let's say in some situation I can kill you. If I tried to kill you for a reason you'd see as 'just' would you kill me? Is your own life higher or lower than your hesitation to put me in the grave?"

He formed his hand into the shape of a gun and pointed it at his own head.

"My own life and the life of those I know takes priority to me. You can't understand because our ideology was different from the very start. What's right, what's wrong, that ain't how I judge it in my own story. I follow my priorities and I'll clean up the consequences as they come."

Shirou's hands buried their way into his pockets, his left hand resting on his handgun.

"So how am I gonna clean this up? You want justice, I want freedom. Even if I am in the wrong here. You wanna go, I'll take ya on."

"Just don't worry 'bout Setsuna. She's just a woozy spectator, yeah?"
Lucio's expression didn't lighten at all as Riesbyfe tried to grasp at non-existent memories. Lucio was always good at 'reading' people, getting a vague idea of what they really mean when they speak. The DJ could see it clearly, plastered all over her clueless, apologetic face.

There was nothing left. A hollow shell of what was once a great woman.

Lucio looked down for a moment, glancing at Clark and sharing his thoughts. Safe to say that they both felt the same, but Lucio was quicker to spin negativity on it's head. Regaining some composure, the DJ exhaled and smiled warmly. "Ain't no problem, Ries. I know that it'll come back around, eventually. But whether you remember me or not, you're still on my team; you're still my friend, I mean."

"If you're gonna remember anything...jus' remember that, ok?"

Before Lucio could continue, he turned to his side to find Clark wasn't next to him. Turning around, his eyes widened as Clark approached Shirou. "Oh, shi-- no, no, no!" he said with a sharp whisper, looking back to Riesbyfe for a moment but then quickly moving over to the conflict. Lucio was one of the few who knew what Clark was really capable of. It's one thing when a regular man is consumed with hate, but when someone like Clark looks like he's about to lose all control...

"Wait, wait, wait, HOLD UP!" Lucio exclaimed as he moved in between Clark and Shirou. This (comparatively) small, frail DJ was the only physical thing that would block Clark from smashing Shirou in the gut, probably obliterating him with one punch.

"Clark, listen. To me, you've always been a man of justice, right? You an' me, we've always seen eye-to-eye when it comes to whats right and whats wrong. The opposite of Umbrella, everythin' that they stood for, we opposed. You, me, Riesbyfe; the three of us knew that their wouldn't be anyone dyin' when we're watchin' over them, right?"

"Remember that time when...when I jus' lost it? When I went off on Road? You saw it, everyone saw it; I was jus' about ready to kill another person right then and there, because everyone that died...it was a wound. A wound on me, and I...I don't know how long it's been since we got put in these tubes, but..."

"I'll always regret the things I said in that moment"

because I knew that those words weren't comin' from my head. They were comin' from a...blind heart, you know? You were probably the only one who saw that, and you told me that I shouldn't throw away everythin' I stood for, jus' because I got hurt. That's what you said, and...look at where your standing now, Clark!"

"You gonna kill this man, because you're hurt? Throw away everythin' you stood for, for who knows how long, jus' to get revenge in this one moment? Lana was everything to you, I could tell, and god knows, I ain't ever telling any lies. But...a life is a life, Clark. People carry the things they did on their backs, you think Shirou honestly felt good about killin' an innocent woman?"

"But I know what you're thinking. An eye for an eye, huh?"

"That jus' leaves everyone blind, Clark. You, of all people, should know that."

@Josh M @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @Kaykay @Verite
Then, unexpectedly, someone else came to his side. Other than Setsuna, he hadn't expected much in the way of defense outside of his own self. Clark hadn't said it himself, but Lucio's assumption that Clark was planning to floor him wasn't unfounded. Shirou had more or less figured that would end up being the case himself, which was why he still kept his hand on his gun.

Though still. First Setsuna, now the DJ guy. People sure liked sticking their noses in other people's business, huh? Not that he was one to talk. But here, Lucio was practically an ant standing before a raging elephant. Respectable courage he had there.

But that didn't necessarily mean it'd amount to anything.

Shirou prepared to move both Setsuna and Lucio out of the way with is right arm in case Clark really did decide to strike him. Could he manage it in time?

Never know till you try.

@Midnight Maiden @Josh M @CrunchyCHEEZIT

Kenji nodded to 18 and Jason, pointing in the direction that he, Alvin, and Alter Ego had arrived in. "We need to tend to some of the others who might be also confused, so in the meantime, just go down the path and out of the building, and Ms. Frizzle will be waiting for you to take you home. She's really nice! You can find her in the big yellow bus!" The boy instructed, before turning to Alice.

"Avalon's basically a great big safe haven for people who don't have anywhere to go, or don't want to go home, perfect for a new fresh start! Like farming! Crops can't pull themselves out after all, just like how cows can't take themselves to pasture!" He exclaimed enthusiastically, as though excited at the idea of interesting someone in farming.

@Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi

Farming...? It was the exact opposite of being an assassin, really. Low profile work, and you nurtured and celebrated life, rather than taking it away. A humble way of life, one that could be fulfilling and beneficial to the world. Why not?

Alice couldn't help but smile at the idea. "You know...that's exactly the kind of change I need."

@Verite

Lucifer noticed him shrug.

" Yeah, we do. I imagine we can make them last for a few long hours."

Lucifer took a sip of his own flask and hoped that he didn't finish it any time soon.

@Darkseide

"What you want us to do? Just let you go with a slap on the wrist? Lana deserves justice. For everything she was to me. I owe her that."

Clark slowly walked closer to Shirou. Clark surprising fought back tears as confronted the man. All the angry and sadness just seemed to come out

"I don't get it, Shirou. You knew who she was to me. You knew that and you just tore her away from me. You took a part of me, Shirou. You understand that, right? You took a part of me and left a hole. She was the love of my life, and you murdered her. How can you just do that to someone?"

@Josh M @Midnight Maiden @Atomyk @CrunchyCHEEZIT
Lucio's expression didn't lighten at all as Riesbyfe tried to grasp at non-existent memories. Lucio was always good at 'reading' people, getting a vague idea of what they really mean when they speak. The DJ could see it clearly, plastered all over her clueless, apologetic face.

Lucio looked down for a moment, glancing at Clark and sharing his thoughts. Safe to say that they both felt the same, but Lucio was quicker to spin negativity on it's head. Regaining some composure, the DJ exhaled and smiled warmly. "Ain't no problem, Ries. I know that it'll come back around, eventually. But whether you remember me or not, you're still on my team; you're still my friend, I mean."

Before Lucio could continue, he turned to his side to find Clark wasn't next to him. Turning around, his eyes widened as Clark approached Shirou. "Oh, shi-- no, no, no!" he said with a sharp whisper, looking back to Riesbyfe for a moment but then quickly moving over to the conflict. Lucio was one of the few who knew what Clark was really capable of. It's one thing when a regular man is consumed with hate, but when someone like Clark looks like he's about to lose all control...

"Wait, wait, wait, HOLD UP!" Lucio exclaimed as he moved in between Clark and Shirou. This (comparatively) small, frail DJ was the only physical thing that would block Clark from smashing Shirou in the gut, probably obliterating him with one punch.

"Clark, listen. To me, you've always been a man of justice, right? You an' me, we've always seen eye-to-eye when it comes to whats right and whats wrong. The opposite of Umbrella, everythin' that they stood for, we opposed. You, me, Riesbyfe; the three of us knew that their wouldn't be anyone dyin' when we're watchin' over them, right?"

"Remember that time when...when I jus' lost it? When I went off on Road? You saw it, everyone saw it; I was jus' about ready to kill another person right then and there, because everyone that died...it was a wound. A wound on me, and I...I don't know how long it's been since we got put in these tubes, but..."

because I knew that those words weren't comin' from my head. They were comin' from a...blind heart, you know? You were probably the only one who saw that, and you told me that I shouldn't throw away everythin' I stood for, jus' because I got hurt. That's what you said, and...look at where your standing now, Clark!"

"You gonna kill this man, because you're hurt? Throw away everythin' you stood for, for who knows how long, jus' to get revenge in this one moment? Lana was everything to you, I could tell, and god knows, I ain't ever telling any lies. But...a life is a life, Clark. People carry the things they did on their backs, you think Shirou honestly felt good about killin' an innocent woman?"

While she almost seemed to sulk, he couldn't help but feel a little bad. He didn't let it show, keeping up a lax demeanor, but it wasn't like he couldn't understand she wanted to defend him. If she defended him too much though, she'd probably get in trouble of some sort. Accomplice, or something similar. He hated using her obedience like a convenience, but he had to admit it kind of came in handy in times like these.​

"Well hey, I'd be a-okay with that. Though, that ain't gonna be all it's gonna be, is it?" He chuckled lightly, putting Setsuna down provided she could stand. He let her lean against him in case she couldn't and took the cigarette out of his mouth before completely enveloping and crushing it in his hand.

His expression was completely serious, lacking his usual casual demeanor. He didn't look angry, sad, or any other strong emotion one could point out. If anything, he looked kind of...normal. In a way, that was stronger than any other mask he could have worn.

"I shot the love of your life, the second part of your soul. Even though she'd done nothing wrong herself. Why you ask? How do I just get up and pull the trigger?" He showed his fist to Clark before unraveling his fist that held what was once his smoke, ashes scattering while slight burn marks could be seen on his palm.

"Cause I've got my own order of priorities. To you, the important things are the lives of innocents, your family and friends, and not taking a life, yeah? Somethin' along those lines. If that ain't it, just think about whatever ya think's important to you. Doesn't really matter. The concept is simple. Let's say in some situation I can kill you. If I tried to kill you for a reason you'd see as 'just' would you kill me? Is your own life higher or lower than your hesitation to put me in the grave?"

"My own life and the life of those I know takes priority to me. You can't understand because our ideology was different from the very start. What's right, what's wrong, that ain't how I judge it in my own story. I follow my priorities and I'll clean up the consequences as they come."

Shirou's hands buried their way into his pockets, his left hand resting on his handgun.

"So how am I gonna clean this up? You want justice, I want freedom. Even if I am in the wrong here. You wanna go, I'll take ya on."

Then, unexpectedly, someone else came to his side. Other than Setsuna, he hadn't expected much in the way of defense outside of his own self. Clark hadn't said it himself, but Lucio's assumption that Clark was planning to floor him wasn't unfounded. Shirou had more or less figured that would end up being the case himself, which was why he still kept his hand on his gun.

Though still. First Setsuna, now the DJ guy. People sure liked sticking their noses in other people's business, huh? Not that he was one to talk. But here, Lucio was practically an ant standing before a raging elephant. Respectable courage he had there.

Shirou prepared to move both Setsuna and Lucio out of the way with is right arm in case Clark really did decide to strike him. Could he manage it in time?

Never know till you try.

....Damn it. Damn it, damn it, damn it. Setsuna's whole body ached as Clark drew closer to her and Shirou, but in a different way than it had moments ago. It ached with a desire she hadn't felt but once before- a desire to disobey. Not for the hell of disobeying, like many, well, humans felt. This desire was borne from her need to protect, by nature. From a passion. From something that screamed from some place she couldn't quite identify that she needed to protect Shirou, despite him telling her to just let him handle it. Why did she have to feel like this?

After a few long moments of fighting it, she couldn't stop herself from bursting out, tears still flowing from her eyes freely. "Sh-Shirou, please...! I don't want this at all....!" Huh. So she did have thing she wanted, after all. Or perhaps she didn't know proper phrasing, though the former was much more likely. "I want to help! You shouldn't have to--.." Before she could finish, she noticed another had joined them, putting himself between herself and Shirou and Clark as she found herself slowly being placed on her unsteady feet by the former, leaning heavily on him for support, much to her dismay. But still... She hoped the boy now before them would be able to sway Clark. From what she knew, humans took things best from their companions.

Hopefully that applied here as well.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Josh M

Still notably upset, Clark took a breath and turned away. Taken a step back.

"I wasn't going to kill him. You're right, however. I know everything you said is right Lucio, but some wounds don' heal, Lucio. They just scar up. "

Never know till you try.

"You have I wrong from the start, Shirou. Taking a life is never just. Not for people like me."

Clark looked down, before glaring back at the man.

"Lex said you're one of the few people who could kill me. That means you and I? We're stronger than most people. My father, Jonathan, he made it clear. We're suppose to protect people. Not suppose to abuse my power, or use it selfishly. I've forgiven you, Shirou. I just wish you saw it my way."

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: Midnight Maiden
Alvin crossed his arms and sighed. "Keep in mind it can be a bit of a process. You've become involved in a multiversal affair and for that reason, we'll need to go over who you are and where you're from. You shouldn't be too inconvenienced."

As for this murder matter...

jnczvFD.png

"Look, you guys," he said in Clark's and the others' direction. "We were already informed of Lex Luthor's actions. We're also aware of these murders, but you people would hardly be the first to--"

MRqBmkw.png

"Oh, wait, I guess you guys were the first, huh? Here's the thing, if you want to make a statement on this Lana girl, then we'll need to detain you for a time. In fact, I may not even give you a choice in the matter. If everything's squared up, then you'd be free to go home."

@Josh M @Kaykay @Crow @Yun Lee @thatguyinthestore @Jeremi @Gands

18 didn't have to be told twice. Even if she needed to be interrogated about what she knew, if that was what it took for her to return home she'd sing it for them if had to. "Fine, just get me out of here." She responded to Alvin. 18 did not have any plans to say goodbye to the rest of the group. While she was glad that most of them survived the experience. Her family took precedence. As she was lead to be debriefed 18 smiled softly. Finally...she was on her way home.​

Epilogue

18 wasn't quite sure how long she had been standing outside the house where her and Krillin had started a family. Fear and doubt was starting to sink in. When she knocked on the door who would stand in front of her?

Finally with determinant steps 18 made her way to the door and ringed the doorbell. She heard footsteps on the other side coming closer and closer before the door opened with her sweet little girl starring up at her. Marron's eyes went eyed when she realized who was standing in front of her and leapt into her mothers arms. "Mama! Mama! You're back!" Even 18s usual stoic facade had broken to seeing her daughter after so long.

"Yeah, baby. Mama's finally home." As she was hugging her daughter tight 18 could hear someone shouting from inside the house.

"Marron! Who was at the door? Was it Gok-" Krillin seemed to have fallen in shock at the sight of his wife standing at the door with their daughter in her arms.

"Hi honey. I'm home." She responded with a smile aimed at her husband. Despite the emotions bubbling inside of her 18 seemed cool and collected while Krillin became a blubbering mess as he made his way to the door and gave her a warm hug.

"H-h-how? We summoned Shenron to ask him to bring you back and then he said t-that he couldn't and..." Krillin looked up at 18, tears welling in his eyes. "18...where have you been?!"

Still hugging him tightly 18 leaned down and kissed him gently on his forehead. "That's a long story...and something I'm going to tell you later. Now...Now I just want to be with my family." Krilling gulped down his tears and nodded.

"Sure thing honey...welcome home!" With the two that mattered the most on her on either side 18 stepped into their home. A new chapter now beginning in their life.​

tumblr_inline_ng0i91XDjm1shpc29.png

"Oh thank god... Senna!"

Putting his frantic search to a halt, the assassin's eyes took sight of Senna, who was doing the same thing as him: finding each other. With no hesitation and the fact that she looked like she was going to collapse at any given moment, Blake pushed himself despite his own physical fatigue to get to her as fast as possible. Before Senna's legs would give way and have her collapse to the ground, Blake caught her with a tight grip, wrapping his arms around her in a reassuring hug.

"I'm so glad that you're here... that I'm here for you..."

Saying this to her, Blake hugged Senna tighter, almost like he was reassuring himself that everything was fine along with reassuring her the same thing. However, he felt as if Senna was the only person that he had left, and that was exactly it. His sisters, Rinato and Penelope, they were gone, and even if he used the dimensional travel function on his device and found them in some other timeline, it wouldn't be the same. It would never be the same.

This wouldn't drive him into total despair however. Before their hug could end, Blake wasn't going to let that be the only way of welcoming each other back from a long time's sleep.

tumblr_inline_ng0i9udnt71shpc29.png

Leaning his face closely to Senna's, Blake closed his eyes as he gently pressed his lips against hers, giving a kiss for her and her only. He had proclaimed before everything went black that he loved her, and that he would stay at her side always. After a few seconds, he pulled away, a part of him wanting to continue what was the sweetest thing he's ever done and another part of him knew that it would be strange to keep it going more than a few seconds.

tumblr_inline_n3kt5r65j21sy4uqk.png

"... So... how's that for a third kiss? Third time's the charm, right?"

His eyes letting out tears of joy, a vibrant shade of red covered up his cheeks once he gave a genuine smile over to her direction. For once in his life, he felt so happy to see someone that could fill up what he had lost, someone to help him move on. Where one story ends with his past, out comes a new story to start with Senna.

That's what the mysterious voice wanted after all... right?

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty
It was a relief for Senna to be swept into Blake's arms, narrowly avoiding a collision with the floor. Her heart fluttered in her chest upon hearing the sound of his voice, and her own amber eyes welled with tears. It felt as if she had been asleep for ages, yet his familiar touch was more than enough to awaken her senses. Oh, how she had missed him. The girl hugged him back tightly, burying her face against his chest.

7c5a78f0b5d7f6e47d26cd54e0e57c64.png

"B-Blake, you're alive. You made it," she whimpered, her voice muffled while her face was against his chest. She almost didn't want to pull away, worried he would disappear. It wasn't an unjustified worry either. After everything their group had been through, Senna wouldn't have been surprised if anyone just magically disappeared from existence. The girl had rarely been allowed to hold onto anything in life that made her happy. Why would now be any different?

But things were different.

Blake didn't dissolve into dust or vanish into oblivion. He was right there, holding her close, and he wasn't going away. She would hold onto him for all of time if it meant he could stay.

The kiss he blessed her with only strengthened the girl's resolve. While surprised at first, it didn't take more than a second for Senna to lean into his kiss. She felt at home as their lips touched, a feeling she rarely ever had experienced in her life. All the lonely nights she spent hiding from her abusive father and the sadness she felt when even after death the Soul Society wanted nothing more than to see her destroyed.

For once in her life, someone loved her.

When they parted from the kiss, a very dazed Senna reached up to place a finger against her bottom lip. As she processed what had just occurred, her cheeks would warm and fill up with a rosey red color. She stared back into Blake's sweet gaze and smiled. This wasn't like the first time he had flirted with her. His words and actions were real.

3324c68353e765d272d67e3345707e7b.png

"I-I don't know," Senna said, warm tears streaming down her cheeks as she let out a small laugh. "I might need a fourth or fifth kiss just to be safe."

The girl would reach to touch the side of his face afterwards, running her hand over from his cheek almost directly on his nose. She may have been touching his face a bit too much, but she honestly couldn't help herself. "Sorry, I just-- I wanted to make sure you were real." She moved her hand behind his head and smoothed back the hair closer to his neck, before once again attacking him with a hug and letting out a joyful laugh. "We made it! Somehow, we really made it. It's overwhelming... I... don't even know what we should really be doing. What comes next?"

Assuming everything was truly over, everyone would most likely get to go home, right? Senna didn't have a home, and as far as she knew Blake did have one. Senna considered, in the back of her mind, that maybe she could go with him to his home. She hadn't a clue, as of yet, that Blake's timeline was gone.

@Gummi Bunnies @people​

• Love
Reactions: Mason Moretti
It was a relief for Senna to be swept into Blake's arms, narrowly avoiding a collision with the floor. Her heart fluttered in her chest upon hearing the sound of his voice, and her own amber eyes welled with tears. It felt as if she had been asleep for ages, yet his familiar touch was more than enough to awaken her senses. Oh, how she had missed him. The girl hugged him back tightly, burying her face against his chest.

7c5a78f0b5d7f6e47d26cd54e0e57c64.png

"B-Blake, you're alive. You made it," she whimpered, her voice muffled while her face was against his chest. She almost didn't want to pull away, worried he would disappear. It wasn't an unjustified worry either. After everything their group had been through, Senna wouldn't have been surprised if anyone just magically disappeared from existence. The girl had rarely been allowed to hold onto anything in life that made her happy. Why would now be any different?

But things were different.

Blake didn't dissolve into dust or vanish into oblivion. He was right there, holding her close, and he wasn't going away. She would hold onto him for all of time if it meant he could stay.

The kiss he blessed her with only strengthened the girl's resolve. While surprised at first, it didn't take more than a second for Senna to lean into his kiss. She felt at home as their lips touched, a feeling she rarely ever had experienced in her life. All the lonely nights she spent hiding from her abusive father and the sadness she felt when even after death the Soul Society wanted nothing more than to see her destroyed.

For once in her life, someone loved her.

When they parted from the kiss, a very dazed Senna reached up to place a finger against her bottom lip. As she processed what had just occurred, her cheeks would warm and fill up with a rosey red color. She stared back into Blake's sweet gaze and smiled. This wasn't like the first time he had flirted with her. His words and actions were real.

3324c68353e765d272d67e3345707e7b.png

"I-I don't know," Senna said, warm tears streaming down her cheeks as she let out a small laugh. "I might need a fourth or fifth kiss just to be safe."

The girl would reach to touch the side of his face afterwards, running her hand over from his cheek almost directly on his nose. She may have been touching his face a bit too much, but she honestly couldn't help herself. "Sorry, I just-- I wanted to make sure you were real." She moved her hand behind his head and smoothed back the hair closer to his neck, before once again attacking him with a hug and letting out a joyful laugh. "We made it! Somehow, we really made it. It's overwhelming... I... don't even know what we should really be doing. What comes next?"

Assuming everything was truly over, everyone would most likely get to go home, right? Senna didn't have a home, and as far as she knew Blake did have one. Senna considered, in the back of her mind, that maybe she could go with him to his home. She hadn't a clue, as of yet, that Blake's timeline was gone.

@Gummi Bunnies @people​
tumblr_inline_n3kt6wUGtd1sy4uqk.png

"That's no problem to me! Feel free to kiss and hug me all you want! I'm not sure how long we were asleep, but we got lots of time to catch up on. Ehehe!"

Remembering bits and pieces of how Senna wanted to see his real smile, a genuine smile, Blake didn't dare hold back his wave of relief and happiness in front of her. When was the last time he felt like this? Where he didn't just do it to hide the anxiety of losing people that he cared for? It's been so long to him that he's felt this way, and he didn't want it to wash away just like the entirety of his home. He didn't want to know how it all happened, because even if he knew, there wasn't much that could be done for a place that was left no trace of what it was once before.

He stopped thinking about all of that though, for a moment, he didn't want to remind himself about it all and ruin his optimistic mood. He didn't want to steal away that smile of his from Senna's joyful eyes. So he kept smiling for her. It made her happy, so he was happy in return, and vice versa. They worked alongside others to achieve this chance to be happy, so this was the end of that terrible tale and the opening to a happier one...

"Well of course I'm the real deal. Like, I'll be 100% off just for you~"

As if he were signing a signature to prove to her at the very least, Blake couldn't help himself but let out a little flirt. Oh the implications on what this line could mean. Listening to what she had to say, Blake knew that they were able to head on home, given that they were finally free of the torment caused by Diablo. However, just the thought of home, his home, haunted him in his head. It scratched its way through the deepest of depths within his consciousness, and soon static danced and echoed in his ears. Was that mysterious voice in his head trying to tell him something that he couldn't understand? There was no way he would figure out what was the static meant for as of now, but he knew one thing: he wasn't going to hide the lingering pain in his heart. He wasn't going to carry burden of that pain alone. He didn't want to have others worry for him because he kept it away from them, and then resulting with hurt...

tumblr_inline_ng0i8lb0nX1shpc29.png

"... next? Well... we could go sightseeing. I wouldn't mind being away from home for a while... and I won't be able to return home right away, so it works out. We can go on that date date you wanted, get you a new ribbon, and enjoy ourselves... if only..."

If only my timeline was still intact... you would've been able to meet my sisters... you would've been happy alongside them...

A tinge of loss and regret was mixed in with empty hope. Before he would say more, the assassin stopped himself mid-sentence. Surely she would get the idea that something was amiss, and even then, Blake rather wanted to save himself the trouble of speaking of the terrible truth vocally... It was already numbing enough to his heart to hear it in his comatose state.

"Never mind that thought... maybe we can say some goodbyes to the others? Like Alice, Naomi, Little Guy, Doremi, and Jabbers?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Continued from here.
Epilogue
"Point Zero"
The Story As It Comes to a Close
After a skirmish, William Birkin eventually was defeated by the combined efforts of the Survivors, who had also managed to cure themselves of the T-Virus. Moving forward from there, they eventually found themselves reunited with those previously thought to have been murdered by the hands of the Traitors, the victims revealed to have been "resurrected" by use of cloning, or rather, Replica Technology. However, they had all learned the hard way that those who were not murdered by the Traitors but died through other means would not return, the deaths of those such as Miku Hatsune and Jaffar being mourned briefly.
Eventually, the group moved on again, guided by instructions procured by Cullen Bloodstone and others, before eventually managing to reach the fabled vault, where the Tesseract lie in wait. However, before they were able to procure it, a strange being, its existence hinted at throughout the course of the event, made itself known to the group, killing off Milton and Philip, before identifying himself as Diablo, implied to have masterminded the ordeal from the very beginning. With the group having made it further than he had ever intended, Diablo decided to wrap up loose ends and put an end to the group, sparking a grueling battle between himself and the group. A battle that no one realized would come to shape the entire multiverse forever.
However, his power was too much even for the combined efforts of what remained of the Survivors, and he eventually overcame them in the battle that was eventually revealed to be more than it initially appeared.

Reveling in his victory, Diablo stood among the desecrated field, littered with the bodies of the group who had interfered with his plans from the very beginning. Their malevolence energy would sustain him for eons to come, and they would make ideal hosts to overtake. Using his power to influence the minds of others he had bested, his presence began to seep itself into the minds of everyone around.
... Only to be impeded by a meddling loose end.
Albert Wesker, dressed in his black coat, strolled casually into the vault, paying little mind to those passing out in pain around him. Of course, he had known of this inevitable conclusion, having worked alongside Diablo all this time.
Though the survivors had not noticed it, there had always been two Albert Weskers since they arrived. This one, insultingly named beta Wesker by Umbrella, had been pulled in from another dimension. Oswell E. Spencer had taken a liking to this Wesker, and he was given quite the number of privileges. Unfortunately for Umbrella, this Wesker had come from a dimension ravaged by Diablo, who had mistakenly arrived in search of the fabled Tesseract. Considering this blunder, the evil entity had seen a benefit to a partnership between them, at least until he got what he wanted.
Which is why Wesker couldn't possibly allow Diablo to win this day.
It had been Diablo's idea to infect the minds of the survivors, forcing a few to act on his behalf as traitors. According to him, a cycle of death gave way to a flurry of negative emotions, which generated an energy that he uniquely could consume. This power allowed him to eventually take over the minds of all the survivors, something he was just about to succeed with. It was just too bad that Diablo's universe hopping left him weak, for it would have been in his best interest to keep Wesker controlled as well.
The device in Wesker's hand did two things. One, it would render the device he gave Ada useless, allowing him to control the devices in the group's heads. Two, it allowed him to handily mess with the devices whenever he wanted. If only SHIELD had the time to remove the devices completely instead of just turning them off, then maybe this wouldn't have been possible.
With Diablo in the minds of the hosts, all it would take is the press of a button. "Thank you for all the help," Wesker said, before pressing that sole button and shutting the survivors' brains off from reality. The great beast Diablo shuddered and contorted before Wesker's eyes, before vanishing completely. It had been little more than a mirage, but Wesker could only imagine that his physical body, wherever it may be, was going through a similar problem. To shut off all those minds at once with him inside each one...
"Wesker!" someone suddenly screamed, and the man felt a strong force smashing the device he had used out of his hand. He turned quickly, finding Claire Redfield on one knee, staring at him with utter hatred as she aimed her gun at him. Beside her was a member of SHIELD, Wanda, huddled over one of the survivors in pain. These two had never been implanted or controlled, but Wesker had expected Diablo to kill them handily.
This presented a unique opportunity.
SPWMwT4.gif

"Chris' little sister... how good to see you." Wesker moved faster than the eye could see, appearing before Claire in a flash and knocking the gun out of her hands with a kick. He then grabbed her by the neck and lifted her above the ground. She had yet to lay witness to how strong his powers had grown, leaving her utterly surprised. It only made Wesker smirk devilishly.
"I've considered it, you know. How best to get to Chris. I tried once with Jill Valentine, but why not his sister? I wasn't so successful the first time, but with the Tesseract... tell me, Claire, do you wish to be a part of an experiment?"
Claire, obviously, could not respond, but Wesker didn't care to let her anyway. He dropped her to the ground and delivered a blow to her head to knock her out. She fell limply into his arms and Wesker felt a rush of adrenaline. How tragic this would be. He looked down upon Wanda, saw her still desperately huddled over one of the survivors. It took Wesker a moment to gather she was using her powers to shield him, but it was obvious she was dying as a result. So very pathetic.
"Goodbye," said Wesker. He then disappeared from the vault, both Claire and the Tesseract gone with him.
It was not an ideal situation for Wanda Maximoff. Quite far from the truth, to be honest. But if he was the only one that could be saved, then she would save that one life at all costs. That was the primary thought going through the scarlet witch's mind as she used the last of her power to preserve the consciousness of the survivor she huddled over.
As the entire group lay comatose, courtesy of Wesker and the devices that had been implanted inside them in the very beginning, there was one exception. Wanda made sure of that with her last breath.
His name was Adam Eberhart, the one uncut link that managed to escape the same fate as everyone else.
leon17.png

"A-Aghh..."
Shortly after Wesker had temporarily left the area with Claire, Leon Scott Kennedy could only groan as he slowly came to, having been knocked out shortly before the "fight" with Diablo. His sight was hazy and his breathing was ragged, but it wasn't anything he hadn't encountered before. It was just as well; his own safety was the last thing he was concerned over. The man's thoughts quickly drifted over to the group, and a sense of dread overloaded his emotions as he looked upon them all. Standing among all these bodies... It was unnerving, even for a man who prided himself on having nerves of steel, considering all that he had gone through before.
He frantically looked around, hoping that one of them was at least still conscious, or hell, alive, assuming they were all dead. His heart dropped when it seemed like it was all hopeless, mourning those around, and even those who were not. Ada, who had elusively managed to avoid his line of sight the entire time, hiding in plain sight, was out of commission, and Claire was nowhere to be seen, likely taken away by Wesker. There was nothing he could do for any of these people. Nothing except--
"A-Aughh... Fuck. Help... I can't move."
"!"
Scrambling over to the sound, Leon practically jerked his head to the weak voice of Adam, trapped under the corpse of Wanda Maximoff, who had given her life to shield Adam from the device that sent everyone else into a coma. Delicately moving Wanda's body off Adam, Leon helped the man onto his feet, wrapping Adam's arm around his own shoulder, before wasting no time in moving out.
"C'mon... We... We need to get out of here," Leon breathed, not realizing how badly he was limping as he spoke, "The people that sent the group here... S.H.I.E.L.D., right? They... They might be able to help..."
"What... What about... everyone else?" Adam practically slurred, as though in a daze, likely a result of Wanda's influence protecting him.
"There's nothing we can do for them! We... We need to move, before Wesker comes back," Leon replied grimly. He didn't like the situation at all, but what could he do?! He could barely save himself and Adam, let alone the entire group, so he did what he had to.
He left everyone behind.
"Excellent. Load the pods in, and take us to the next world over. I have... a stop to make, before we come right back," Wesker ordered, and as directed, his Umbrella subordinates obediently did his bidding, loading the pods containing the comatose form of everyone into a large cargo plane, ready for take-off.
Once everyone was loaded up, Wesker boarded the plane and signaled the pilot to go. With that, the cargo plane flew into the air, and with the Tesseract in hand, taken from the Umbrella facility once Wesker had returned to the room to collect all the bodies, he conjured a portal leading into the next world over, plotting out his next move now that he finally had the edge over S.H.I.E.L.D. for once. In other words, the scales were tipped in his favor, and he would not let this opportunity escape from his grasp.
6c109066225344c9bc1e9c0e7d1afa53.png

Wesker smiled in a sinister manner, self-satisfied as he crossed his arms.
"The right to be God... That right is now mi--"
BOOM!
"What?!"
An explosion rocked the entire cargo plane, catching the Umbrella chairman by surprise. Smoke arose from the back, and as Wesker rushed to the cockpit, an alarmed look on his face, he gritted his teeth.
"What the hell is going on?!"
"We're under fire, sir! Confirmed hit. Missile hit the rear, but the hull miraculously managed to hold," the Umbrella pilot responded, attempting to keep the plane level and maintain its altitude, "It looks like... an extremely large aircraft?!"
Wesker growled like a provoked beast, knowing instantly who it was.
"So... S.H.I.E.L.D. is still trying to bite at my heels, eh? No matter. They cannot undo our victory. Full speed ahead."
d0fa2124fae04c19a0fa921f4bb4e73f.png

FWOOSH!
From behind Wesker's cargo plane, the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier, commanded by Director Nick Fury himself, prepared another missile, hoping to get a better lock-on this time. As the cargo plane drew nearer and nearer towards the portal generated by Wesker's Tesseract, it was impeded once again as the helicarrier fired yet another missile at it, yielding another direct hit on the rear.
And as a result, two things happened.
One, the explosion caused the plane to shake once again, causing Wesker to lose his balance and stumble into the wall, inadvertently hitting the sensitive Tesseract against it as well, causing it to open up yet another portal through space-time, though rather than being right in front of them like the first one, it was pointed vertically, generated below the cargo plane.
Two, the missile managed to undo the rear hatch of the plane, causing it to slam open, exposing the pods loaded up. And as the plane, still flying forward despite its second injury, continued its movement, the pod closest to the edge was unfastened and loosened from its place, before sliding right out the hatch and falling into the second portal down below, where it disappeared from there. The pod of Riesbyfe Stridberg, which would not be recovered until a great time later by a party that had yet to be formed.
But the one crucial event that Fury had hoped would happen did not come through. And that event in question, of course, being stopping the plane, as it was far too late for him, and he could only watch while the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents frantically attempted to ready another missile as the cargo plane disappeared into the portal connected to the next parallel world.

rbjqdwo.jpg

"... And that is how the pods ended up here. Where they have resided ever since the beginning of the Murder Games, with their bodies milked for their Malevolence energy continuously... but alas, it was all for naught. Albert Wesker, both of him, died off with Diablo... or should I say, the Arch Demon, and the Malevolence was never able to put to disuse anyway."
And with that, the old man known as Oswell E. Spencer finished the recollection of what he claimed to be the very first Murder Game.
The scene is different now.
A few weeks following the Coalition Civil War, agents Alvin, Kenji Miyazawa, and the organization AI known as Alter Ego, with an amnesiac woman known as Riesbyfe Stridberg in tow, previously found and taken care of by the M.E.U. all this time, had followed a tip provided by one Mom Lalonde that pointed them towards a remote world, a seemingly abandoned Umbrella outpost.
And never would they have suspected that this is what they would find.
Before any of them were able to question him further, the old man broke into a coughing fit for a brief moment, a testament of his sickly appearance. Once he eased up, letting out a weak breath, it was then that Riesbyfe spoke, gingerly walking over to one of the pods.
ekjnmED.png

"Yes... It's all coming back to me now," the Holy Knight murmured, the memories returning to her mind, as though she were finally refreshed of it all after so long. Placing a hand on the pod she stood next to, she faced the old man, a resolute look on her face. "How do we free them? You said it yourself; you have no more use for them, so let them go."
"..." Spencer remained silent for a moment, the only sound made by him being his ragged breathing, but eventually, he let out a low chuckle, before nodding. "If you insist," he spoke, before pressing a button on the wall he sat in front of, and with that, all the pods simultaneously opened up, letting out a loud hissing sound as, for the first time in a long time, the individuals inside the pods were exposed to fresh air.
"They'll come to on their own soon enough. Just give them a moment..."
a844858d934a4b7397588855a964512d.png

"Amazing..." The accompanying Coalition agent, Kenji Miyazawa, could only murmur underneath his breath, "So, did we just stumble upon the... the Progenitors to the Progenitors?" He inquired incredulously.
"That's one way to look at it," Alvin mumbled, still a little flabbergasted.
Thm8W0H.png

"Alvin, I don't sense any malevolence from these people," said Alter Ego, sounding a bit too chipper considering the story they had just listened to. "I may not be able to sense such energy as well as one of our exorcists, but it's all... so clean. I think in extracting malevolence from them, they have been purified. I doubt there is any worry they could be used like the survivors of the first-- sorry, first official Murder Game."
ZrsIySX.png

"Huh, couldn't we use this method to purify others as well then?"
"Hm, no..." Alter Ego looked pensive. "This took a couple years in a comatose state. Sapient beings naturally feel negative emotions as a part of life, so some kind of malevolence is normal. Basically, this method would not be ideal, unless of course, one was willing to go to sleep for a few years."
"Right..." The man sighed, walking over toward the pods. "This is gonna make for one long report. I guess our people in the Coalition could probably connect the dots in history better than I could."
"...!"
A strange guttural sound could be heard, prompting the group to turn to Spencer in alarm. He was clutching his chest and huddled over his wheelchair in pain. Alvin ran to him first, only to find the old man dropping an empty syringe to the ground. "It's over... over... for years I have waited, only to be disappointed. D-Damn you... Damn you all. I am the last... and Umbrella dies with m-me..."
There was nothing that could be done.
In the few short moments following, the people in the pods began to awaken. They would be dazed, lost, and confused, with no recollection of their time spent in the pods. The devices in their heads would be long broken, but they would have to be removed in due time.
"Let's... let's start identifying these people," said Alvin with a sigh.

Cast List
@Minerva as Ada Wong (Resident Evil)
@Yun Lee as Alice Twilight (No More Heroes)
@Sen as Alucard (Castlevania)
@Jeremi as Android 18 (Dragon Ball)
@Takumi as Azura of Nohr (Fire Emblem)
@Gummi Bunnies as Blake Dormi (OC)
@Crow as Cagliostro (Granblue Fantasy)
@Josh M as Clark Kent (Smallville)
@Atomyk as Cullen Bloodstone (Marvel Comics)
@penguin055 as Domon Kasshu (Gundam)
@Bomb as Doremi the Meoletta and Jabber the Riolu (Pokemon)
@Hana as Hakuei Ren (Magi)
@thatguyinthestore as Jason Todd (Arkhamverse)
@C.T. as Jinx (League of Legends AU)
@The Myrmidon as Joshua (Fire Emblem)
@LuckycoolHawk9 as Lucifer Morningstar and Linda Martin (Lucifer)
@CrunchyCHEEZIT as Lucio (Overwatch)
@MetalNova as Mikoto Kujou (Last Game)
@Mason Moretti as Naomi Kimishima and Inspector Navel (Trauma Center)
@Verite as Riesbyfe Stridberg (Type-Moon)
@Azuremoon as Road Kamelot (D.Gray-man)
@york as Schala Zeal (Chrono Trigger)
@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Senna (Bleach)
@Midnight Maiden as Setsuna (Shattered Angels)
@Kaykay as Shirou Yusa (Dies Irae)
@Otto as Twisted Fate (League of Legends)
@Gands as Warpath (Marvel Comics)
@Darkseide as William "Penny" Adiyoi (The Magicians)
@The Unknown as Zerberus (Kingdom Hearts OC)​
Schala Zeal - Epilogue; Wishfull Thinking
@Minerva @Yun Lee @Sen @Jeremi @Takumi @Gummi Bunnies @Crow @Josh M @Atomyk @penguin055 @Bomb @Hana @thatguyinthestore @C.T. @The Myrmidon @LuckycoolHawk9 @CrunchyCHEEZIT @MetalNova @Mason Moretti @Azuremoon @Klutzy Ninja Kitty @Midnight Maiden @Kaykay @Otto @Gands @Darkseide @The Unknown

Darkness... All there was was darkness at first, for what seemed like ages, with this defeaning silence that surrounded her for almost an eternity.

Perhaps she had finally found her peace after all; a place where she no longer had to worry, nor fear for anyone, where thoughts and emotions no longer mattered... And she could sleep for all of eternity.

But yet... This place... Felt far from anything like home.

Gradually, as time went on, unbeknownst to her, things started to fade from her mind... Her memories... Her experiences, all seeming to slowly but surely, being lost to the passage of time, as she slept for what seemed to be an eternity.

Until at last, the silence was broken by a distinct hissing noise, quickly followed by a multitude of sensations as her body slowly, but surely, awoke from the state of stasis she had once been in.

At first, she could remember nothing, as she looked around blankly at those that seemed to have woken up with her... Until she recognized a few key faces, that soon enough, she could recall the names of; Blake, Senna, Clark, Riesbyfe, Shirou... Setsuna... ... With the memory of their names slowly coming back to her, she began to remember more and more... And soon, her recollection the events of what had taken place before she had ended up here came flooding back!

Their arrival here thanks to Umbrella, their enslavement... SHIELD, and their efforts to help them... The promise she had made... Yet now, seeing how happy Blake and Senna were together, and even the less than savory conflict between Clark, Shirou, and Setsuna, she realized how much she didn't belong here... With them.

As much as she had grown to care so much for them recently, deep down, she knew such feelings would only lead to sadness; considering that she wasn't even able to help SHIELD extract the Tesseract, it was doubtfull she could be of any further use to anyone here.

So, perhaps it would be for the best if she were to return from whence she came, and let the others she had spent so much time together with recently with her... Forget about her. While there were still some... Lingering feelings towards some she was leaving behind, deep down, she knew that she had to let them go; it would only bring more trouble as time went on.

With that in mind, and her decision made, she quietly decided to leave... Informing only whoever she needed to, in order to return to the place she had been taken from by Umbrella what seemed like years ago. A quiet "thank you", but very little parting words were exchanged, as she seemed intent on keeping this whole endeavor relatively under wraps, even if she looked a little sad about it.

A4mCL7I.jpg

Just before she left though, she took one last look around the place, giving the others she was soon going to leave behind one last, sad, smile. It pained her to know how unlikely it would be for them to meet again, but there was no turning back now.

She needed to go... Home. Back where she belonged.

If she tied herself up in all of this any longer, there was no telling what could happen next, nor if she might fall victim to someone just like her mother, in another place, at another time.

Considering the dangers of her powers ever being misused again, it only strengthened her resolve to leave, rather than join the Coalition, even if the prospect was tempting.

Besides, it was already too late to change her mind now; the co-ordinates were set, and as soon as she closed her eyes, she was transported back to the place Umbrella had taken her from.

A place beyond the flow of time, where she had ended up after the Ocean Palace Incident.

When she opened her eyes again, all she saw, was an endless, white void... One that held no sound, nor sense of spare or time. At last, she felt at home again.

After taking just a brief moment to feel around, to make sure the place was real... Rather than another illusion, created by Diablo or something, she finally settled down, closing her eyes as she let herself drift into what seemed like an eternal swarm, and soon, a familiar numbness began to permeate her body.

Except unlike in that pod she had slept in for what seemed like years, it was alot... Warmer, helped along by her imagining she was alongside the others she had met up with before their fight with Diablo, in that group hug that Senna had proposed so long ago. No longer, did she have to worry for the safety of others, or about fullfilling a promise to someone, and gradually... Even her thoughts began to trickle to a hald, as she let her mind itself go blank, this time... With a more pleasant feeling, leaving off on better thoughts than she had before.

For the first time she was here, a smile crept its way across her face as she embraced what could only be described as Oblivion, dreaming an eternal dream... A blank dream...

But alas, even a dream as peacefull as this, could not last forever.

And soon... That dream, became a nightmare, as a darkner... More ominous presense made itself known, in this once empty void, and in the end... It seemed that the future, was destined not to change...

End - Paradise Lost

ysxTnEl.gif

*Roll Credits*

Naomi and Navel Epilogue:
What Even A Surgeon Can't Fix

Under the knife.

Naomi had been under the knife before, and plenty of times. That's what the world felt like to her. A heavy blanket of anaesthesia locked her into a deep slumber. Darkness ensnared her within her own subconscious as outside forces ravaged her mind. True, the malevolence was being drawn out of her mind. In this way as well, the slumber from within the pod was akin to surgery. All the despair, fear, hatred and malice were surgically removed by the power of the Archdemon once known as Diablo. However, the gashes remained on her psyche. There was an emptiness left in the place of that malevolence. The emptiness grew the longer she stayed in that pod. She nearly lost parts of who she was. Even as she left the pod, she felt the holes where once was pure emotion. What little emotion Naomi Kimishima showed externally was inverse to the emotions that boiled inside her. Without a sense of evil, how would she know injustice? Without negativity to spur her against the murderers of the world, what could she be?

The situation wasn't much different on Inspector Navel's side of things. He had been so close to an ideal life with Naomi. He was sure, 100%, of the connection between them. Yet for an eternity, they were separated in dreamless sleep. No requests from Dr. Kimishima, no new pieces of evidence to analyze, and no true thoughts of his own reached Navel inside the pod. His mind sat and rotted away like an old piece of wood left out in the rain. The effects of the Archdemon's collection of malice wore heavy on Navel's heart and soul. Would there be anything left in his heart to draw him close to his lover? Only time would tell.

The pair would be released from their pods in a very disoriented state. Colors were flying across their fields of vision and sounds were jackhammers pounding the inside of their skulls. They both stumbled. Struggling to get their bearings, the two eventually ended up in each other's arms. Locking eyes by a moment of chance, their senses began to clear as they saw each other.

"Little Guy..."

"Dr. Kimishima..."

The two ceased talking and simply held each other. Their embrace was warm, their shared hearts being a sword of light to slash away at the darkness that surrounded them. They breathed as one, slowly and deliberately, and air fought its way to their lungs. The air there was heavy with tension. It took them some time to adjust to their surroundings and hear what other's had to say.

For once, Alice got what she wanted: she hadn't died, after all. She slowly lurched back to life a second time, looking around groggily. So...she wasn't dead yet. But at the same time, it may have been better if she was. Knowing the world she had to go back to...to face a world like that after getting to escape, if only briefly...

She would have to face Silvia and the UAA, explain that Travis Touchdown was dead. No one would believe her story, she would probably be shot down or something. Maybe...no. It would not be for the best. There had to be a way out of here.

"What if we cannot go home?" Alice asked Kenji. "I come from a world that cares not for me. Wouldn't be a problem if I still had a death wish, but..." She looked to Naomi. "Like a fool, I've gotten rather attached to living."

@Verite

"...I've spent my entire life fighting," Alice said. "I think I would like to try something new. What is this Avalon?"

@Verite

Farming...? It was the exact opposite of being an assassin, really. Low profile work, and you nurtured and celebrated life, rather than taking it away. A humble way of life, one that could be fulfilling and beneficial to the world. Why not?

Alice couldn't help but smile at the idea. "You know...that's exactly the kind of change I need."

@Verite

Naomi glanced towards Alice, met her gaze, and turned back towards Navel. Without a sound, but with a simple nod, Navel communicated and released her. Naomi gave him a kiss on the cheek before walking to stand by Alice's side.

Said she, "I definitely understand where you were. Sometimes, it seems like life itself is trying to kill you and it isn't really worth living. Still, the flame of light is worth clinging onto. I'm glad that you see that now. It took stopping my heart to see the value of life. I guess it took death to show you.

"I guess you're not going to need this if you're going to become a farmer,"
Naomi said, placing a hand on the ASURA-6 attached to Alice, "so do you mind of I take a little keepsake to remember you by? Otherwise, I may not remember this whole escapade happened without evidence."

@Yun Lee

tumblr_inline_n3kt6wUGtd1sy4uqk.png

"That's no problem to me! Feel free to kiss and hug me all you want! I'm not sure how long we were asleep, but we got lots of time to catch up on. Ehehe!"

Remembering bits and pieces of how Senna wanted to see his real smile, a genuine smile, Blake didn't dare hold back his wave of relief and happiness in front of her. When was the last time he felt like this? Where he didn't just do it to hide the anxiety of losing people that he cared for? It's been so long to him that he's felt this way, and he didn't want it to wash away just like the entirety of his home. He didn't want to know how it all happened, because even if he knew, there wasn't much that could be done for a place that was left no trace of what it was once before.

He stopped thinking about all of that though, for a moment, he didn't want to remind himself about it all and ruin his optimistic mood. He didn't want to steal away that smile of his from Senna's joyful eyes. So he kept smiling for her. It made her happy, so he was happy in return, and vice versa. They worked alongside others to achieve this chance to be happy, so this was the end of that terrible tale and the opening to a happier one...

"Well of course I'm the real deal. Like, I'll be 100% off just for you~"

As if he were signing a signature to prove to her at the very least, Blake couldn't help himself but let out a little flirt. Oh the implications on what this line could mean. Listening to what she had to say, Blake knew that they were able to head on home, given that they were finally free of the torment caused by Diablo. However, just the thought of home, his home, haunted him in his head. It scratched its way through the deepest of depths within his consciousness, and soon static danced and echoed in his ears. Was that mysterious voice in his head trying to tell him something that he couldn't understand? There was no way he would figure out what was the static meant for as of now, but he knew one thing: he wasn't going to hide the lingering pain in his heart. He wasn't going to carry burden of that pain alone. He didn't want to have others worry for him because he kept it away from them, and then resulting with hurt...

tumblr_inline_ng0i8lb0nX1shpc29.png

"... next? Well... we could go sightseeing. I wouldn't mind being away from home for a while... and I won't be able to return home right away, so it works out. We can go on that date date you wanted, get you a new ribbon, and enjoy ourselves... if only..."

If only my timeline was still intact... you would've been able to meet my sisters... you would've been happy alongside them...

A tinge of loss and regret was mixed in with empty hope. Before he would say more, the assassin stopped himself mid-sentence. Surely she would get the idea that something was amiss, and even then, Blake rather wanted to save himself the trouble of speaking of the terrible truth vocally... It was already numbing enough to his heart to hear it in his comatose state.

"Never mind that thought... maybe we can say some goodbyes to the others? Like Alice, Naomi, Little Guy, Doremi, and Jabbers?"

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty

"Is it really a goodbye?" Navel asked Blake. He smiled as he saw the pair of Blake and Senna reunited, but his face darkened at his own words.

"I have a feeling that whatever we were a part of hasn't exactly ended. We didn't exactly beat Diablo. We were a part of it... together. Maybe we will see each other again somewhere across the multiverse."

Multiverse.

Little Guy finally had a chance to let that word sink in. There were an infinite number of universes out there. He repeated the word to himself mentally in order to allow the scope of existence to weigh on his mind.

@Gummi Bunnies @Klutzy Ninja Kitty

Once the survivors of the first Murder Game were aboard the mysteriously magic school bus, Naomi asked Ms. Frizzle to take her and Little Guy back to Portland before taking her seat. Navel, with a somber premonition, told Ms. Frizzle, "I wouldn't go too far. If as much time has passed as I believe, then we may not exactly be welcome back home. Think you could come back and pick us up if that's the case?"

Navel took his seat next to Naomi and wrapped an arm around her. He held her close and said, "Don't worry, Dr. Kimishima. I'm sure everybody will be very welcoming back home." Naomi hummed softly and leaned against Navel while staring out the window. Through the faint reflection of the window, Navel saw that a light which once sat behind Naomi's eyes had faded and threatened to disappear completely.

Getting off of the bus, Naomi and Navel held hands and walked up to Naomi's house. The building was worn with age. Paint was chipped, the grass was overgrown, and the entire house was dark inside. A breeze blew by and the house groaned as if it would collapse from that much strain.
Naomi ran her hand along the side of the house and flecks of paint came off on her hand. It didn't take a forensic analyst to tell that this house hadn't been lived in for years.

"Alyssa... Is she..."

"I'm sure she's alive, Naomi. We can find her."

"Naomi?" A young woman stood at the end of the path leading up to Naomi's house. She had long brown hair held back by a hair band and emerald green eyes. She carried with her a black kitten, a bouquet of flowers, and a bucketfull of tears. It seemed that fate had returned Naomi to her daughter, though this was no longer a small child. Alyssa had grown into a woman, seemingly abandoned by Naomi.

Mother and daughter rushed into each other's arms. The black cat jumped from Alyssa's arms and mewed softly at her feet. Tears salted the ground beneath Alyssa, but Naomi's eyes remained dry yet filled with pain. Naomi said, "Alyssa, I missed you."

The reply came, "Where did you go? They thought you were taken. You had the FBI searching for you two. They eventually pronounced you dead. I thought it was so as well."

"We went on a journey that you wouldn't believe. Neither of us planned to take it though. We made friends and lost friends. We died, yes, but we came back. I'm so sorry that we were taken from you."

"The people at Resurgam took me in. I made sure to study hard. I wanted to find you. I became an investigator like Little Guy with hope that I could find you. Eventually... I gave up. I'm sorry."

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Alyssa."

"But I found a new family. I always remembered to pay my respects, but still I gave up. I thought... I thought you died. I have my own life."

"I'm still proud of you," is what Naomi should have said. Before the Murder Game, she might have said, "Perhaps we should live your new life together," or maybe, "I hope you're willing to let us back in." Not now. There was no life to go back to, was there? Just like Alice, Naomi was dead to her home world. She wasn't going back to CIFM. Navel wasn't going back to the FBI. Nobody would believe them. Everyone would fear them.

Even though Naomi was revived, she was still dead.

"Then go live your life. Don't worry about Little Guy and me. We are strong," Naomi finally said.

"But..."

"Go and pay your respects. You were on your way to remember us, weren't you? Go on and do that. There's no need to interrupt your life because of a ghost."

"Naomi, you're here! You're not a ghost!"

Naomi quickly pulled Alyssa into a tighter hug, hiding her face from Alyssa. She comforted her, saying, "Thank you, Alyssa. For being strong and for staying alive. You were successful. You're happy. That's all I could ask for." Naomi released Alyssa from the embrace and walked around towards the rear of her house. Navel followed close behind her. Alyssa stood, confused and in tears, before she was finally able to push herself into following them.

Yet, behind the house, there was nothing. Not even a trace of Dr. Kimishima or Inspector Navel that wasn't left there years ago.

"Are you sure you made the right choice?" Navel asked with his arm around Naomi once more. They sat in the seats of the magic school bus once more, watching the view of the multiverse pass by outside the windows.

"I don't know, Little Guy. There isn't much for us to do back home. Not if we still want to help people," replied Naomi, flatly.

"So, ODMA then?"

"If they have use for a crime scene investigator and a medical examiner, then yes."

"Just as long as I am with you, I'll be fine." Navel help Naomi's hand in his own. "To ODMA."

@Atomyk @Verite

Still notably upset, Clark took a breath and turned away. Taken a step back.

"I wasn't going to kill him. You're right, however. I know everything you said is right Lucio, but some wounds don' heal, Lucio. They just scar up. "

"You have I wrong from the start, Shirou. Taking a life is never just. Not for people like me."

Clark looked down, before glaring back at the man.

"Lex said you're one of the few people who could kill me. That means you and I? We're stronger than most people. My father, Jonathan, he made it clear. We're suppose to protect people. Not suppose to abuse my power, or use it selfishly. I've forgiven you, Shirou. I just wish you saw it my way."
Shirou's grip on his gun loosened, and though he perhaps surprisingly didn't look too riled up to begin with he seemed to visibly relax a bit.

"Protectin', huh? That what your dad taught you? Yeah, maybe you or I are a tad stronger than some people. But we're still people. We still got our own priorities we gotta deal with. What we're supposed to do? How to use power? That's all up to you. Only you can decide what you're gonna do."

A father, Clark said. Perhaps that made some of the difference between them. But what was in the past was stuck there. Thinking about stuff like that was nothing more than a wasted thought experiment.
....Damn it. Damn it, damn it, damn it. Setsuna's whole body ached as Clark drew closer to her and Shirou, but in a different way than it had moments ago. It ached with a desire she hadn't felt but once before- a desire to disobey. Not for the hell of disobeying, like many, well, humans felt. This desire was borne from her need to protect, by nature. From a passion. From something that screamed from some place she couldn't quite identify that she needed to protect Shirou, despite him telling her to just let him handle it. Why did she have to feel like this?

After a few long moments of fighting it, she couldn't stop herself from bursting out, tears still flowing from her eyes freely. "Sh-Shirou, please...! I don't want this at all....!" Huh. So she did have thing she wanted, after all. Or perhaps she didn't know proper phrasing, though the former was much more likely. "I want to help! You shouldn't have to--.." Before she could finish, she noticed another had joined them, putting himself between herself and Shirou and Clark as she found herself slowly being placed on her unsteady feet by the former, leaning heavily on him for support, much to her dismay. But still... She hoped the boy now before them would be able to sway Clark. From what she knew, humans took things best from their companions.

Hopefully that applied here as well.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT @Kaykay @Josh M

"Haha, even though I toldja to sit back?" Shirou couldn't help but laugh. Not at her, but just in surprise. Sure, it was an attempt to protect him, but he'd told her to do the exact opposite of that this time. So to do otherwise had to mean one thing. This desire, at the very least, had to have been born from her own will.

Raising his left hand, he wiped at her wet eyes while continuing to support her.

"Don't cry, then. Gotta look clearly if you wanna do something, right?" Clark was backing off and had forgiven him. That much had been made clear. At least from the farm boy, his life was in no peril. But he didn't know how everyone else would take take the cold-blooded murder of an innocent woman. There would, perhaps, be those who wanted to at least imprison him, if not condemn him to death.

But he didn't want that. Setsuna didn't either. If she wanted to stick around and help him out on her own will, and not on some stupid thing like duty, then he had no right to stop her. Nodding, he shot her his usual smirk.

"Alright. Wanna help, let's do it then. But first, you gotta stop lookin' like you're 'bout to pass out. Need a juice? Or food?"

He wasn't sure where he'd procure those things if they ended up having to bust their way out of here, but it wasn't like not knowing what she needed would do any good either.

Oh wait, the last time she collapsed, she needed a kiss for some reason, right?

"Or ya need another kiss? That what this is?"

@Josh M @Midnight Maiden @CrunchyCHEEZIT

tumblr_inline_n3xl7hYQZL1rk0sf0.jpg

"Truly a shame. A person such as yourself should not have to suffer a fate like that." Alucard's eyebrows furrowed. Though Cagliostro did display some... sadistic tendencies in the midst of battle - certainly a bloodlust he would never showcase himself - he did not think badly of the alchemist. Monsters in battles made decent people outside of fights, and the dhampir considered the alchemist a great ally.
tumblr_inline_n3xl98KD0D1rk0sf0.jpg

"I truly hope that in the future, you will find peace. Even if it is not something you are looking for."

tumblr_inline_n3xnm1BOse1rk0sf0.jpg

"And I hope you are able to seek out all the knowledge the worlds have to offer. Was that not what you wanted?"

That was the best way the man could express his gratitude to the alchemist aside from his earlier words.

@Crow @Hana #lost ur posts ; ; ;​

"If you all have any final things to say to me, it is best to say them now... maybe I'll find a way to traverse the cosmic plane once I am awake, but I don't know how long it'll be before I am free from my second eternal slumber again... or how eternal this slumber will be... it could be as long as another mellenium, or as short as a few months..."

Cagliostro said all this will a grin.
"Cagliostro, you're a strange one." Azura muttered, placing a hand on the Alchemists head before giving a tired smile. She didn't have much else to say on the matter, afterwards, she turned her attention to Hakuei.

"Hakuei, I am glad to have met you." she spoke, not sure if she could say more on the matter. She could if she thought of anything else to say, but those words, she hoped, were enough.

@Hana @Sen @Crow
tumblr_inline_n3xl7hYQZL1rk0sf0.jpg
"Truly a shame. A person such as yourself should not have to suffer a fate like that." Alucard's eyebrows furrowed. Though Cagliostro did display some... sadistic tendencies in the midst of battle - certainly a bloodlust he would never showcase himself - he did not think badly of the alchemist. Monsters in battles made decent people outside of fights, and the dhampir considered the alchemist a great ally.​
tumblr_inline_n3xl98KD0D1rk0sf0.jpg

"I truly hope that in the future, you will find peace. Even if it is not something you are looking for."
tumblr_inline_n3xnm1BOse1rk0sf0.jpg

"And I hope you are able to seek out all the knowledge the worlds have to offer. Was that not what you wanted?"
That was the best way the man could express his gratitude to the alchemist aside from his earlier words.
@Crow @Hana #lost ur posts ; ; ;​
tumblr_inline_nvrmg11LxJ1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"... Such a lonesome fate," the princess murmured, her grip on Alucard's hand tightening ever so slightly. Glancing at the smile on Cagliostro's face, which hadn't dimmed even as she mentioned being shut off from others for possibly eternity, Hakuei smiled a little sadly. "I have a feeling that you won't be isolated away for eternity, and I hope that you will be smiled upon one day." Smiling askance at the dhampir's words, she nodded in agreement.

"At any rate, you will always be the cutest, cleverest, and most beautiful alchemist that we have ever met." Hakuei finished with an uncharacteristic twinkle in her eye. "I don't think I will ever meet someone quite like you in my lifetime again."

tumblr_inline_nvrmmoLeuQ1s4qpfd_100.jpg

Hakuei turned to Azura at her words, pleasantly surprised. Princess smiled at princess, before the Kou lady clasped her free hand to her chest. "As am I. May you find happiness anywhere you go... Or with Joshua." The red-haired myrmidon was an interesting match with Azura. "And should we meet again, I hope that it's under better circumstances. Perhaps we can get to know each other better."

There really was little else to be said. People were starting to depart to their own worlds, but some lingered at the place of their reawakening, still trying to find their bearings in a foreign place. Hakuei could see Clark bearing down on Shirou further away, her gaze flickering with concern before she noticed Setsuna who stayed with the latter man.

Maybe they would be alright.

And in another place in the room, she saw with a chuckle the sight of a pair that blushed red. Blake and Senna, their names were, if she was correct... She remembered the girl more. From the way the two held each other, it was clear that they were set on being together from this day forward. Even a blind man could have seen it.

tumblr_inline_nvrmft4Tag1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"How amusing, seeing these bonds come alive after everything... Alucard, would you mind lingering behind with me for a little longer?"

She was still surprised to find herself linked by hand to him. Hakuei glanced down at their entwined hands, the pale and bare skin of hers contrasting with his dark leather glove.

"... I am new to a matter like this."

@Sen @Takumi @Crow

Last edited:
tumblr_inline_nvrmft4Tag1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"How amusing, seeing these bonds come alive after everything... Alucard, would you mind lingering behind with me for a little longer?"

She was still surprised to find herself linked by hand to him. Hakuei glanced down at their entwined hands, the pale and bare skin of hers contrasting with his dark leather glove.

"... I am new to a matter like this."

@Sen @Takumi @Crow
tumblr_inline_n3xp1u85U31rk0sf0.jpg

"Yes, despite the odds, things can turn out well. Even in new worlds."

The dhampir seemed unfazed that he was holding onto the hand of Hakuei, or maybe he didn't notice that he was at all.

tumblr_inline_n3xnn1SwTw1rk0sf0.jpg

"Hm? Of course. Castlevania will not rise in my world any time soon, time will permit to stay.... for a while."​

Reactions: Mason Moretti
tumblr_inline_n3xp1u85U31rk0sf0.jpg

"Yes, despite the odds, things can turn out well. Even in new worlds."

The dhampir seemed unfazed that he was holding onto the hand of Hakuei, or maybe he didn't notice that he was at all.

tumblr_inline_n3xnn1SwTw1rk0sf0.jpg

"Hm? Of course. Castlevania will not rise in my world any time soon, time will permit to stay.... for a while."
tumblr_inline_nvrmkqHDwn1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"... I see. Remember that they said time flows... Differently from world to world."

She knew he had bound himself to a duty he felt he owed to his world. Despite any arising feelings between them, Hakuei knew how much this Castlevania meant to Alucard.

And how much her own family, especially her brother, meant to herself.

She had shouldered a lot of things since the death of her father, Emperor Hakutoku, and her honored older brothers. When her uncle became ruler, Hakuei and Hakuryuu were almost cast aside as the children of the former ruler. And she had to cast aside her pride to ask it of the emperor and his firstborn son, who looked up to her brothers so much, just to allow her to be a warrior.

In many ways, she wondered how she even go to live the life she had now. She wasn't used as a political tool unlike her stepsisters and cousins, of whom six princesses had already been wed off to different men for politics and power. She should have been less worth compared to them, easier to use as a bargaining tool.

Yet what she feared - living a life that meant nothing, no purpose that honored the death of her loved ones, that didn't happen.

And she couldn't just overlook that, despite all the things that she saw possible when she looked in Alucard's eyes.

I could love him.

Should she?

tumblr_inline_nvrmkzp4lc1s4qpfd_100.jpg

"... But if I could ask it of you, would you come with me to my world?"

No. She wasn't going to let herself doubt anything in times like this. That wasn't the way Hakuei worked, and when she looked at Alucard, she knew that she would regret it forever if she didn't try.

"If I want to know you more and more as a person, and I want you to see me... Is that alright?"

@Sen

Status
Not open for further replies.